PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

YATittle1962
09-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I was thinking of you guys during the halftime ceremony....

were you there jints?

I think it may have been the best half time I have ever witnessed....

so many of the old player that we mention all the time in this thread were out on that field tonight.......

it was just Fantastic .......

ok......

when was the NFLs last scoreless game?

and what teams played in it?

zimonami
09-13-2009, 10:00 PM
I was thinking of you guys during the halftime ceremony.... were you there jints? I think it may have been the best half time I have ever witnessed.... so many of the old player that we mention all the time in this thread were out on that field tonight....... it was just Fantastic ....... ok...... when was the NFLs last scoreless game? and what teams played in it?</P>

The Giants played a scorelss tie back in the 40's, but I can't remember who they played against.</P>

Welcome home YA.</P>

Like I said a few days ago... we can never make it easy on ourselves.</P>

There ought to be a warning posted at the gates:</P>

"Being a Giant fan may be hazardous to your heart" </P>

I wish I could have seen all the vets. Excpet for the Super Bowl, they never show an on-fieldhalf-time show in the NFL.</P>

jints10
09-13-2009, 10:19 PM
I was thinking of you guys during the halftime ceremony....

were you there jints?

I think it may have been the best half time I have ever witnessed....

so many of the old player that we mention all the time in this thread were out on that field tonight.......

it was just Fantastic .......

ok......

when was the NFLs last scoreless game?

and what teams played in it?
Yea I was there YA but I don't get to see too many halftime shows, I still go out to the ramps if you know what I mean.

zimonami
09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
First Monday Night Football game, Sept. 1970... Jets vs. Cleveland</P>

Who was the Brown that ran a kickoff back 94 yards?</P>

jints10
09-15-2009, 07:54 AM
First Monday Night Football game, Sept. 1970... Jets vs. Cleveland</p>

Who was the Brown that ran a kickoff back 94 yards?</p>

I remember how POed my family was that he was not still a Giant Homer Jones

I had an autographed Homer Jones football as a kid, but as kids do I played with it and ruined it.

What Giant coach played wingback in the same backfield as Larry Csonka and Floyd Little at Syracuse?

zimonami
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM

I had an autographed Homer Jones football as a kid, but as kids do I played with it and ruined it.

What Giant coach played wingback in the same backfield as Larry Csonka and Floyd Little at Syracuse?
</P>

Wat to go, jints.</P>

I had a baseball autographed by the 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers, and used it in a sandlot baseball game with my buddies.</P>

I think that wingback would be Tom Coughlin?</P>

jints10
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM

</p>

Wat to go, jints.</p>

I had a baseball autographed by the 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers, and used it in a sandlot baseball game with my buddies.</p>

I think that wingback would be Tom Coughlin?</p>
Yup Tom Coughlin it was Zim

Are you busting my chops about the 53 Dodger ball thinking about that movie "Sandlot"?

zimonami
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM

</P>

Wat to go, jints.</P>

I had a baseball autographed by the 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers, and used it in a sandlot baseball game with my buddies.</P>

I think that wingback would be Tom Coughlin?</P>

Are you busting my chops about the 53 Dodger ball thinking about that movie "Sandlot"?
</P>

lol... no, I'm dead serious. We were short... the cover was coming off the last ball we had, so I ran home and got my ball. My grand father got it for me, and took me to my first Dodger game in '53. We lost to the Phillies, 1-0. Richie Ashburn hit a triple and scored on a sac fly, and he also made a game saving shoestring catch in left center to save a run. </P>

We almost always had 12 guys, so no 2nd baseman, right fielder... no hitting to right,and the team at bat had to use a guy to catch... soft toss pitching.</P>

All the Dodger greats signed that ball, and it would be worth nice bucks today.</P>

jints10
09-15-2009, 08:50 AM

</p>

Wat to go, jints.</p>

I had a baseball autographed by the 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers, and used it in a sandlot baseball game with my buddies.</p>

I think that wingback would be Tom Coughlin?</p>

</p>

lol... no, I'm dead serious. We were short... the cover was coming off the last ball we had, so I ran home and got my ball. My grand father got it for me, and took me to my first Dodger game in '53. We lost to the Phillies, 1-0. Richie Ashburn hit a triple and scored on a sac fly, and he also made a game saving shoestring catch in left center to save a run. </p>

We almost always had 12 guys, so no 2nd baseman, right fielder... no hitting to right,and the team at bat had to use a guy to catch... soft toss pitching.</p>

All the Dodger greats signed that ball, and it would be worth nice bucks today.</p>
Wow now I don't feel so bad about my Homer Jones football. Kids do the dumbest stuff.

Ah the whole right field dead situation I know it well. I hated when the one kid that was a lefty came up.

zimonami
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Wow now I don't feel so bad about my Homer Jones football. Kids do the dumbest stuff.

Ah the whole right field dead situation I know it well. I hated when the one kid that was a lefty came up.
</P>

We had no lefties, so it was great. It was about 1955-'56, 2-3 years later that I used the ball, so I was 9 or 10. I felt so proud... showed it to all the guys, and then it was "Play Ball", and we used that ball until the jacket fell off.</P>

YATittle1962
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
who was the first Giant receiver to have a 1000 yd season?

and what year was it?

keyofgmen
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM

and what year was it?

Has to be Del Shofner.. I'd have to look to the year

YATittle1962
09-15-2009, 01:29 PM

and what year was it?

yup Del in '61

in Superbowl XLII the Giants had a record amount of rookies on the active roster for a SB team

how many rookies were there on that active roster?

Roswell777
09-15-2009, 02:24 PM

and what year was it?

yup Del in '61

in Superbowl XLII the Giants had a record amount of rookies on the active roster for a SB team

Wow. Great question Y.A. I'll say 8. Just don't ask me to name them.

jints10
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM

and what year was it?

yup Del in '61

Lets see
Boss, Smith, Bradshaw, Alford, Deossie, Ross
Thats all I can think of

SEC105
09-15-2009, 03:20 PM

</P>

We had no lefties, so it was great. It was about 1955-'56, 2-3 years later that I used the ball, so I was 9 or 10. I felt so proud... showed it to all the guys, and then it was "Play Ball", and we used that ball until the jacket fell off.</P>

</P>

When we were about 9 or 10 we lost the hardball we were using playing baseball. One of the younger kids , wanting to impress us said he had one. Back he comes with the autographed ballby Babe Ruth. This istrue. His father had it passd down tohim andwas at work. Somebody hit itacross my front yard into the street. It goes down into acatch basin and I guess through the out pipe..............never to be seen again. I still feel bad for myfriendwho brought that ball for us to play with</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
who was the first Giant receiver to have a 1000 yd season? and what year was it? Has to be Del Shofner.. I'd have to look to the year yup Del in '61 in Superbowl XLII the Giants had a record amount of rookies on the active roster for a SB team how many rookies were there on that active roster?

Lets see
Thats all I can think of
</P>

Also Jay Alford I think but not positive</P>

When did the Giants play their first game [preseason] outside of North America?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-16-2009, 12:19 AM
who was the first Giant receiver to have a 1000 yd season? and what year was it? Has to be Del Shofner.. I'd have to look to the year yup Del in '61 in Superbowl XLII the Giants had a record amount of rookies on the active roster for a SB team how many rookies were there on that active roster?

Lets see
Thats all I can think of
</P>

When did the Giants play their first game [preseason]* outside of North America?</P>

Z</P>

was in the mid 90s some time I think.....cant really remember specifically when.....dont remember where either....

guess I got nothin on that one....hahaha

so in 2007 there were 11 active rookies...

Aaron Ross
Ahmad Bradshaw
Steve Smith
Jay Alford
Kevin Boss
Zack DeOssie
Michael Johnson
Adam Koetz
Michael Matthews
Geoff Pope
and Danny Ware....

who is the Giants post season rushing leader?

zimonami
09-16-2009, 12:20 AM

</P>

</P>

When we were about 9 or 10 we lost the hardball we were using playing baseball. One of the younger kids , wanting to impress us said he had one. Back he comes with the autographed ballby Babe Ruth. This istrue. His father had it passd down tohim andwas at work. Somebody hit itacross my front yard into the street. It goes down into acatch basin and I guess through the out pipe..............never to be seen again. I still feel bad for myfriendwho brought that ball for us to play with</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Wow, SEC, that was more vailuable than my Dodger ball. Have you recovered yet from the whupping?</P>

</P>

I'm gonna say 9 rookies in 'SB 42.</P>

I'm short on time, bad day at black rock... so see you guys tomorrow.</P>

zimonami
09-16-2009, 08:17 PM
YA... HELP</P>

see the following e-mail I received from rbcarpenter. Kris has taken a turn for the worse and I'm living at the hospital. I was on for a few minutes last night (Thank You for the B'Day note) and didn't get rbc's e-mail until I just arrived at home. I'm running back to the hospital in a few to spend the night. They're going to try a shunt tomorrow to see if there is any blood or fluids to be removed, but the CT scan didn't show anything... so, they do not expect it will help... so, she has just a few days left... so, I'll be out of commission for a while... I know you and all the other great guys on here have us in your thoughts... many thanks.</P>

I don't even know how to contact a moderator... so, if you know how, please pass on rbc's problem to them.</P>

Peace.</P>

hey,zim,i need a big favor if you can do it for me.for some reason the boards have deleted my password.if you could contact a moderator when you get the time,it would be much appriciated.have already tried getting a computer generated one for 3 days,but it's not happening.thank you so much!derek,rbcarpenter,dereksith67@aol.com
</P>

YATittle1962
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
YA... HELP</P>

see the following e-mail I received from rbcarpenter.* Kris has taken a turn for the worse and I'm living at the hospital.* I was on for a few minutes last night (Thank You for the B'Day note) and didn't get rbc's e-mail until I just arrived at home.* I'm running back to the hospital in a few to spend the night.* They're going to try a shunt tomorrow to see if there is any blood or fluids to be removed, but the CT scan didn't show anything... so, they do not expect it will help... so, she has just a few days left... so, I'll be out of commission for a while... I know you and all the other great guys on here have us in your thoughts... many thanks.</P>

I don't even know how to contact a moderator... so, if you know how, please pass on rbc's problem to them.</P>

Peace.</P>

hey,zim,i need a big favor if you can do it for me.for some reason the boards have deleted my password.if you could contact a moderator when you get the time,it would be much appriciated.have already tried getting a computer generated one for 3 days,but it's not happening.thank you so much!derek,rbcarpenter,dereksith67@aol.com
</P>

im on it Zimmy....

my thoughts are with you...

stay strong my brother

jints10
09-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Thats terrible news Zim, I will keep Kris in my prayers and hope everything works out for the best.

What Giant DE lined up as TE vs Dallas in 1980 and caught a TD pass thrown by Phil Simms?

YATittle1962
09-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Thats terrible news Zim, I will keep Kris in my prayers and hope everything works out for the best.

What Giant DE lined up as TE vs Dallas in 1980 and caught a TD pass thrown by Phil Simms?

that was George Martin.......I have been searching for a tape of that game for years....

I havent seen it since seeing it live and always wanted to see that play again......

I was a huge Martin fan and that got me so pumped.....

I have found so many game tapes over the years ...and no luck finding that one....

jints10
09-17-2009, 01:55 PM

that was George Martin.......I have been searching for a tape of that game for years....

I havent seen it since seeing it live and always wanted to see that play again......

I was a huge Martin fan and that got me so pumped.....

I have found so many game tapes over the years ...and no luck finding that one....

Yep Martin it was

Figured I'd get a vs Dallas question

I got a lot of tapes in my attic but doubt they are any good anymore.

SEC105
09-17-2009, 03:49 PM
YA... HELP</P>

see the following e-mail I received from rbcarpenter. Kris has taken a turn for the worse and I'm living at the hospital. I was on for a few minutes last night (Thank You for the B'Day note) and didn't get rbc's e-mail until I just arrived at home. I'm running back to the hospital in a few to spend the night. They're going to try a shunt tomorrow to see if there is any blood or fluids to be removed, but the CT scan didn't show anything... so, they do not expect it will help... so, she has just a few days left... so, I'll be out of commission for a while... I know you and all the other great guys on here have us in your thoughts... many thanks.</P>

Peace.</P>

</P>

</P>

Z I'm sorry to hear that and wish I had the right words to help you out my friend. Our prayers for you will continue and stay strong SEC105</P>

SEC105
09-17-2009, 03:55 PM

Lets see
Thats all I can think of
</P>

When did the Giants play their first game [preseason] outside of North America?</P>

Z</P>

was in the mid 90s some time I think.....cant really remember specifically when.....dont remember where either.... guess I got nothin on that one....hahaha so in 2007 there were 11 active rookies... Aaron Ross Ahmad Bradshaw Steve Smith Jay Alford Kevin Boss Zack DeOssie Michael Johnson Adam Koetz Michael Matthews Geoff Pope and Danny Ware.... who is the Giants post season rushing leader?</P>

It was in Berlin and the time frame is right against the Chargers I think YA.</P>

What player was named NFLMVP and NOT selected to the probowl?..Just read this fact but it was a long time ago this happened</P>

YATittle1962
09-17-2009, 09:17 PM

Lets see
Thats all I can think of
</P>

When did the Giants play their first game [preseason]* outside of North America?</P>

Z</P>

was in the mid 90s some time I think.....cant really remember specifically when.....dont remember where either.... guess I got nothin on that one....hahaha so in 2007 there were 11 active rookies... Aaron Ross Ahmad Bradshaw Steve Smith Jay Alford Kevin Boss Zack DeOssie Michael Johnson Adam Koetz Michael Matthews Geoff Pope and Danny Ware.... who is the Giants post season rushing leader?</P>

It was in Berlin and the time frame is right against the Chargers I think YA.</P>

What player was named NFL*MVP and NOT selected to the probowl?..Just read this fact but it was* a long time ago this happened</P>

was it Conerly?

in my opinion he got screwed by the Hall Of Fame as well

SEC105
09-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Nice call YA it was Connerly Agreed on his not being selected fro the Hall of Fame. Maybe the veterans commitee will correct it. They should imho
Our SB42 team was one of only 3 teams to start 0and 2 then go on to win the SB. Who were the other 2?
Z

YATittle1962
09-18-2009, 01:19 PM
who wore #88 on the Giants in 1979?

SEC105
09-18-2009, 04:46 PM
who wore #88 on the Giants in 1979?</P>

I'll try Gary Shirk off the top of myhead</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-18-2009, 05:19 PM

I'll try Gary Shirk off the top of my*head</P>

Z</P>

Gary wore 87

great guess though...

this guy was a Giants for only the 79 season

SEC105
09-18-2009, 05:23 PM

Z</P>

Gary wore 87 great guess though... this guy was a Giants for only the 79 season</P>

I'm assuming this guy played offense... WR or TE. Am I right on that?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-18-2009, 05:26 PM

I'll try Gary Shirk off the top of my*head</P>

Z</P>

Gary wore 87 great guess though... this guy was a Giants for only the 79 season</P>

I'm assuming this guy played offense... WR or TE.* Am I right on that?</P>

absolutely.....WR

keyofgmen
09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
YA... HELP</P>

see the following e-mail I received from rbcarpenter.* Kris has taken a turn for the worse and I'm living at the hospital.* I was on for a few minutes last night (Thank You for the B'Day note) and didn't get rbc's e-mail until I just arrived at home.* I'm running back to the hospital in a few to spend the night.* They're going to try a shunt tomorrow to see if there is any blood or fluids to be removed, but the CT scan didn't show anything... so, they do not expect it will help... so, she has just a few days left... so, I'll be out of commission for a while... I know you and all the other great guys on here have us in your thoughts... many thanks.</P>

Peace.</P>

</P>

Zim,

Sorry. Hang in there.

SEC105
09-18-2009, 05:39 PM

Z</P>

I'm assuming this guy played offense... WR or TE. Am I right on that?</P>

absolutely.....WR</P>

Another wild guess Floyd Eddings? pretty sure thats wrong I think he played after the 70s</P>

Z</P>

fourth&forever
09-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Bobby Johnson?

fourth&forever
09-18-2009, 05:56 PM

Bobby Johnson?

<font color="#0000ff" face="Verdana">That is incorrect!</font>

keyofgmen
09-18-2009, 06:13 PM

Bobby Johnson?

Dwight Scales...

He played only 1 year with Giants and wore #88 only because THIS OTHER player wore his #87.... a little better known..who was he?

YATittle1962
09-18-2009, 06:16 PM

Bobby Johnson?

Dwight Scales...

He played only 1 year with Giants and wore #88 only because THIS OTHER player wore his #87.... a little better known..who was he?

thats TE Gary Shirk

keyofgmen
09-18-2009, 06:25 PM

Bobby Johnson?

Dwight Scales...

thats TE Gary Shirk

I thought he was pretty good

YATittle1962
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM

Bobby Johnson?

Dwight Scales...

thats TE Gary Shirk

Gary was a hell of a player...when he stayed healthy

hell of a blocker.....

he was one of the alumni in the halftime ceremony last Sunday....

was great to see him out there in his jersey

keyofgmen
09-18-2009, 06:41 PM

Bobby Johnson?

Dwight Scales...

thats TE Gary Shirk

Gary was a hell of a player...when he stayed healthy

hell of a blocker.....

he was one of the alumni in the halftime ceremony last Sunday....

was great to see him out there in his jersey

That's right!. I thought there should have been a bit of more attention to that at the game. I had a hard time following it from the stands.

RB Committee
09-19-2009, 10:14 AM
all these games i have to admit are fun and make the off season interesting.
lets try some trivia.
even if you look up the answer.....maybe we can all learn a few things from each other.

Ill start semi easy.

who was the Giants first thousand yard rusher, and what year was it?

Chuck Mercein....

RB Committee
09-19-2009, 10:23 AM
not Koy or Tucker, and my clue was incorrect, was a Giant draft pick in '64 and played 2 seasons in NY, retired in 71.</P>

Thank you... that makes a difference.* <U>Wheel</U>wright ... can't remember his first name... want to say Ernie, like Koy, but the brain won't say yes.</P>

Ernie Wheelwright... Joe Morrison would have been a better guess.

SEC105
09-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Ron Johnson was our first 1000 thousand yard rusher

1986 Dallas comes to Giant Stadium. Name the Giant who knocked Danny White out of the game
Z

RB Committee
09-19-2009, 01:08 PM

1986 Dallas comes to Giant Stadium. Name the Giant who knocked Danny White out of the game

Jim Burt... What Giant started the 'Spike Afetr Touchdown in the Endzone?

YATittle1962
09-19-2009, 08:36 PM

Jim Burt... What Giant started the 'Spike Afetr Touchdown in the Endzone?

why are digging up old questions that were asked months ago....

we are way past obvious questions like the Homer Jones spike....

no disrespect brother.....

keep em comin

jints10
09-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Hey YA I was watching Giants Gameday last night and they showed films of the Giants Dallas game from 1980 and even showed the TD catch Martin had from Phil Simms. I wonder if they read this?

SEC105
09-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey YA I was watching Giants Gameday last night and they showed films of the Giants Dallas game from 1980 and even showed the TD catch Martin had from Phil Simms. I wonder if they read this?

I saw that too Jints 10 and was wondering the same thing LOL

No , it was not Burt who knocked Danny White out of that game..........LBer
Z

YATittle1962
09-20-2009, 12:10 PM

are you serious?.....and I missed it!!!!!!!!

you think they will run it again?

I cant believe I missed it

YATittle1962
09-20-2009, 12:10 PM
double post

zimonami
09-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Iwrote last night, but it didn't post. </P>

Removing the fluids from Kris' head has seemed to help. She is much better and we'll see tomorrow if she can walk. I'm optimistic. We've probably only bought a few extra months, which will be rough, but at least it's not just a few days.</P>

I stayed at the hospital to watch tonight's game with Kris. In the 1st quarter she gets a new room mate. With 3 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr. the nurse says that the lady complained that my presence made her uncomfortable... could they ask me to leave. Wow. She can't even see me with the curtain drawn between the beds, and I'm not even talking. Well, her comfort is more important than me, but I like to spend every minute I can with Kris, and wanted to see the game. </P>

I got home with the Giants at 3rd and 6 on their last drive. Saw the winning FG. RELIEF. Tynes missing the 29 yarder was brutal.</P>

Be well, guys, and I'll be around late tomorrow night with an update on Kris walking.</P>

Oh, YA... when a new visitor comes around to this thread, can you really expect them to read the first 169 pages so they know what questions have already been asked? LOL...</P>

</P>

Roswell777
09-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Iwrote last night, but it didn't post. </p>

Removing the fluids from Kris' head has seemed to help. She is much better and we'll see tomorrow if she can walk. I'm optimistic. We've probably only bought a few extra months, which will be rough, but at least it's not just a few days.</p>

I stayed at the hospital to watch tonight's game with Kris. In the 1st quarter she gets a new room mate. With 3 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr. the nurse says that the lady complained that my presence made her uncomfortable... could they ask me to leave. Wow. She can't even see me with the curtain drawn between the beds, and I'm not even talking. Well, her comfort is more important than me, but I like to spend every minute I can with Kris, and wanted to see the game. </p>

I got home with the Giants at 3rd and 6 on their last drive. Saw the winning FG. RELIEF. Tynes missing the 29 yarder was brutal.</p>

Be well, guys, and I'll be around late tomorrow night with an update on Kris walking.</p>

Oh, YA... when a new visitor comes around to this thread, can you really expect them to read the first 169 pages so they know what questions have already been asked? LOL...</p>

</p>

Z,

I remember that story you told us about your wife getting in the face of some guy who was out of line in a bar and it's that very fire that will help her. I know we all here pray that fire gives you as much time as possible together.

YATittle1962
09-21-2009, 02:09 PM
I*wrote last night, but it didn't post.* </p>

Removing the fluids from Kris' head has seemed to help.* She is much better and we'll see tomorrow if she can walk.* I'm optimistic.* We've probably only bought a few extra months, which will be rough, but at least it's not just a few days.</p>

I stayed at the hospital to watch tonight's game with Kris.* In the 1st quarter she gets a new room mate.* With 3 minutes left in the 3rd Qtr. the nurse says that the lady complained that my presence made her uncomfortable... could they ask me to leave.* Wow.* She can't even see me with the curtain drawn between the beds, and I'm not even talking.* Well, her comfort is more important than me, but I like to spend every minute I can with Kris, and wanted to see the game.* </p>

I got home with the Giants at 3rd and 6 on their last drive.* Saw the winning FG.* RELIEF. Tynes missing the 29 yarder was brutal.</p>

Be well, guys, and I'll be around late tomorrow night with an update on Kris walking.</p>

Oh, YA... when a new visitor comes around to this thread, can you really expect them to read the first 169 pages so they know what questions have already been asked?* LOL...</p>

*</p>

Z,

I remember that story you told us about your wife getting in the face of some guy who was out of line in a bar and it's that very fire that will help her.** I know we all here pray that fire gives you as much time as possible together.

I love that story as well.....

you guys are on my mind everyday Zim.....

and yeah I know Zim...but how could he assume the Homer jones question hasnt been asked......

maybe I do need to check myself though.......yr right.....

he was just trying to contribute......my apologies to him.....

stay as positive as you have always been Zimmy......all your boys here are here for you

YATittle1962
09-21-2009, 10:46 PM
did anyone ever answer......

who is the Giants post season rushing leader?

thinkin of ya Zim

welcome back rbc

zimonami
09-21-2009, 11:58 PM
TY, guys</P>

If you are there, welcome back rbc... I'm sorry I couldn't help.</P>

Kris took 30 steps with a walker. Big relief. Last Saturday she was unable to stand or use her arms. Her memory is mostly non-existent and she keeps wondering what happened to her. I've explained a dozen times, but she can't remember. She comes home tomorrow and will have a visiting therapist and nurse, and maybe a hospital bed in the living room.</P>

She's not in much pain... the only good thing - the brain doesn't feel pain.</P>

I'll be back tomorrow night... be well guys</P>

rbcarpenter
09-22-2009, 11:00 AM
TY, guys</P>

Kris took 30 steps with a walker.* Big relief.* Last Saturday she was unable to stand or use her arms. Her memory is mostly non-existent and she keeps wondering what happened to her. I've explained a dozen times, but she can't remember. She comes home tomorrow and will have a visiting therapist and nurse, and maybe a hospital bed in the living room.</P>

She's not in much pain... the only good thing - the brain doesn't feel pain.</P>

I'll be back tomorrow night... be well guys</P>zim,yat,thanks for all your help in contacting the mods,finally got a password that works!zim,all my prayers go out to you and kris everyday......now,where are dc,fan from asia,and dimboys?haven't seen them since 1130pm sunday night...i miss them.

YATittle1962
09-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Giants Stadium has hosted 15 postseason games.

in how many of them were the Giants the home team?

and what is the Giants record in those games?

Z

SEC105
09-22-2009, 03:17 PM
TY, guys</P>

Kris took 30 steps with a walker. Big relief. Last Saturday she was unable to stand or use her arms. Her memory is mostly non-existent and she keeps wondering what happened to her. I've explained a dozen times, but she can't remember. She comes home tomorrow and will have a visiting therapist and nurse, and maybe a hospital bed in the living room.</P>

I'll be back tomorrow night... be well guys</P>

</P>

And YOU be well Z....................prayers as always SEC105</P>

SEC105
09-22-2009, 03:18 PM
did anyone ever answer...... who is the Giants post season rushing leader? thinkin of ya Zim welcome back rbc</P>

I believe Joe Morris had the most rushing yards in the post season</P>

Welcome back Rob Carpenter</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Giants Stadium has hosted 15 postseason games. in how many of them were the Giants the home team? and what is the Giants record in those games? Z</P>

Strictly guessing..........I'll say the Jets had 5 of em so that leaves us with 10 and my thought would be 7 wins and 3 losses Philly , Minny and Flipper</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Giants Stadium has hosted 15 postseason games. in how many of them were the Giants the home team? and what is the Giants record in those games? Z</P>

Strictly guessing..........I'll say the Jets had 5 of em** so that leaves us with 10 and my thought would be 7 wins and 3 losses* Philly , Minny and Flipper</P>

Z</P>

yup Joe Morris is the post season rushing leader.....

....and of the 15 post season games at Giants Stadium the Giants were the home team for 11 of them.....

their record is 7-4

SEC105
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM

Strictly guessing..........I'll say the Jets had 5 of em so that leaves us with 10 and my thought would be 7 wins and 3 losses Philly , Minny and Flipper</P>

Z</P>

yup Joe Morris is the post season rushing leader..... ....and of the 15 post season games at Giants Stadium the Giants were the home team for 11 of them..... their record is 7-4</P>

Must have blocked that Carolina game from the old memory bank[;)]</P>

What crucial decision did Parcels make after the opening coin toss in our 17-0 win over the Redskins in the 86 NFC Championship game?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-23-2009, 09:55 PM

Z</P>

yup Joe Morris is the post season rushing leader..... ....and of the 15 post season games at Giants Stadium the Giants were the home team for 11 of them..... their record is 7-4</P>

What crucial decision did Parcels make after the opening coin toss in our 17-0 win over the Redskins in the 86 NFC Championship game?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

To kick, rather than receive, and have the wind against the Skins on their first possession.... It was an excellent choice.</P>

SEC105
09-23-2009, 10:08 PM

Strictly guessing..........I'll say the Jets had 5 of em** so that leaves us with 10 and my thought would be 7 wins and 3 losses* Philly , Minny and Flipper</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

To kick, rather than receive, and have the wind against the Skins on their first possession.... It was an excellent choice.</P>
Exactly right Z Parcels KNEW those winds.
Jay Schuoder[ sp] said something to the effect he knew "how to throw the ball in the wind" [nose down] , LOL , so did I , but it didn't work so good for me either in high school ha ha Ha
How you doing Buddy?

YATittle1962
09-23-2009, 11:00 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

every time we talk of that game I can close my eyes and see the debris floating past me in the wind.....

I remember sitting there when the clock hit zeroes ...the place was mayhem.....my son and everyone around us were just going bananas.......I remember sitting in my seat just soaking it all in....feeling more proud than I had ever felt as a Giant fan......

was very similar to when we beat the Patriots......the whole house was in an uproar ...and I was just sitting there.......so proud.....thinking of my old man......the only SB he didnt get to see.....

sometimes I think to myself....is it strange that a football team means this much to me......then I think ....screw that.....thses guys in blue have been a major part of my life for so many years....and watching these games....and remembering these players has gotten me through so much.....

Zimmy I hope you are well my friend.....

and I hope coming here and hanging out and talking Giants and memories helps put a smile on your face in these tough times.....

zimonami
09-23-2009, 11:28 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Exactly right Z Parcels KNEW those winds. Jay Schuoder[ sp] said something to the effect he knew "how to throw the ball in the wind" [nose down] , LOL , so did I , but it didn't work so good for me either in high school ha ha Ha How you doing Buddy?</P>

Good, thanks SEC. Brought Kris home last night. Removing the fluid on the brain helped, but she's one confused person. No memory, can't complete a sentence... but, she can walk a little, which is a big help to me. Very sad to see this vibrant lady sitting there and not knowing which end is up. I'm watching the Giant/Dallas replay right now, and she hasn't got a clue.</P>

I wasthe QB in HS, too. I can't remember a single game where I had more than a slight breeze.</P>

zimonami
09-24-2009, 01:20 AM
every time we talk of that game I can close my eyes and see the debris floating past me in the wind..... I remember sitting there when the clock hit zeroes ...the place was mayhem.....my son and everyone around us were just going bananas.......I remember sitting in my seat just soaking it all in....feeling more proud than I had ever felt as a Giant fan...... was very similar to when we beat the Patriots......the whole house was in an uproar ...and I was just sitting there.......so proud.....thinking of my old man......the only SB he didnt get to see..... sometimes I think to myself....is it strange that a football team means this much to me......then I think ....screw that.....thses guys in blue have been a major part of my life for so many years....and watching these games....and remembering these players has gotten me through so much..... Zimmy I hope you are well my friend..... and I hope coming here and hanging out and talking Giants and memories helps put a smile on your face in these tough times.....</P>

You're right, YA, debris/confetti floating all over the stadium made me feel like it was New years Eve all over again.</P>

Football is a healthy diversion to the rigors of life. Anticipating a game, cheering for your team, the exhiliration of a win, or the pain of a loss allows us to file away our bills and our ills for a while each week. </P>

I'm doing OK, YA... thank you my goodman. It's a daily grind, but 5 months of seeing Kris go down hill has given me time to prepare for the inevitable, and to appreciate every second that I have with her. It's even possible to get a few smiles... before, while I was answering SEC's post, I look over and there she is, sitting totally naked on the couch... "Kris, you're naked!"I say. She just gives me a distant smile, almost as if she didn't realize it herself. "Do you want to take a shower, hon?" She smiles at me, and I have my answer. It takes 3-4 minutes to walk her the 20 feet to the bathroom, but I wouldn't want anyone else to take my place, guiding and supporting her everydifficult step. I scratch her back and massage her head 3-4 times a day, and it's a pleasure. She refuses everysuggestion of food, so I just put some toast, or grapes, or some banana, or flavored oatmeal by her side, and she picks it up and slowly nibbles at it, and it makes me feel good to know that I'm helping her to keep her little strength a little longer.</P>

This thread, in particular, has been a salvation for my mind. It's particularly difficult for me to read threads which are critical of a player. Even when they're justified, because the guy played bad. But, it becomes too personal, and they often hate on the man, and not the football performer. And I feel bad for them because I know they're trying their best, but just didn't come through. I thought Ron Dayne wasn't good enough from the get-go, and I felt sorry for him because I knew he didn't want to be a bust... but, he just wasn't good enough, and he was verbally crucified for it. </P>

On this thread we get to deal with facts, and to test our memories on some good, and some not so good times in our last 50 years with the Gmen. An old name like Bob Timberlake comes up... someone who you hadn't thought of since the last time his name was mentionedin a game on TV, and you're like, "Oh, Yeah, I remember him." A guy like Mendenhall is mentioned and it helps me to recall the pleasure I had watching his always supreme effort. I think all the bad years we had from the 60's to the 80's, has helped me to savor every good year. Even when we fall short, like last year. I can still appreciate that we've got a pretty good team, and it just didn't work our for us... but, it sure as heck beatsthe1-13-1 season that we lived through.</P>

And, I've enjoyed getting to know the regular guys on here. And, whenyou allsend me your best wishes in this difficult time, I can feel the sincerityfrom each of you, knowing that it's not just the obligatory thing for you to do, but just as if you were familyorlong timefriends... and it helps more than you can imagine. Strange thing, YA, when we review Giantstories from 20-50 years ago, and I realize that you guys and I had a common interest and passion that we unknowingly shared, it makes me believe, somehow, that we've been unwitting blood brothers for that many years, and not just these past 6 months since you started the thread. And, it's why I j***ed you for scolding RB Committee for the Homer Jones question the other day... because, even though someone wasn't around earlier, and didn't know what questions we posed then, I don't want to discourage anyone from enjoying the thread and coming around more often... and, then I've got another Giant friend to enjoy this thread and theseboards with.</P>

Now, I'm just ramblin'... hahaha. I just love to ramble. boring for everyone... but me. lol.</P>

I knew the Joe Morris answer, but wasn't around to answer. I agreed with SEC's guess of 10 wins in playoff games at Giant Stadium. Was happy to learn it was 11.</P>

I'm already nervous about Sunday's game. It's funny... when we have a bad team I'm filled with hope, and how, if the guys put it together, we have a chance. When we have a good team, I'm nervous that we'll have the inevitable bad game, like against Cleveland last year. The clock ticking 00:00, with us on top, is the only time I can take a breath and smile for a victory. I cheer every TD and FG, but quickly settle down and can only think, "OK, but it's not over, yet. Now the D has to hold."</P>

Time for bed. Up at 7.</P>

Smiles,</P>

Z
</P>

</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
09-24-2009, 01:31 AM
***every time we talk of that game I can close my eyes and see the debris floating past me in the wind..... I remember sitting there when the clock hit zeroes ...the place was mayhem.....my son and everyone around us were just going bananas.......I remember sitting in my seat just soaking it all in....feeling more proud than I had ever felt as a Giant fan...... was very similar to when we beat the Patriots......the whole house was in an uproar ...and I was just sitting there.......so proud.....thinking of my old man......the only SB he didnt get to see..... sometimes I think to myself....is it strange that a football team means this much to me......then I think ....screw that.....thses guys in blue have been a major part of my life for so many years....and watching these games....and remembering these players has gotten me through so much..... Zimmy I hope you are well my friend..... and I hope coming here and hanging out and talking Giants and memories helps put a smile on your face in these tough times.....</P>

You're right, YA, *debris/confetti floating all over the stadium made me feel like it was New years Eve all over again.</P>

Football is a healthy diversion to the rigors of life. Anticipating a game, cheering for your team, the exhiliration of a win, or the pain of a loss allows us to file away our bills and our ills for a while each week. </P>

I'm doing OK, YA... thank you my good*man.* It's a daily grind, but 5 months of seeing Kris go down hill has given me time to prepare for the inevitable, and to appreciate every second that I have with her.* It's even possible to get a few smiles... before, while I was answering SEC's post, I look over and there she is, sitting totally naked on the couch... "Kris, you're naked!"*I say. *She just gives me a distant smile, almost as if she didn't realize it herself.* "Do you want to take a shower, hon?"* She smiles at me, and I have my answer.* It takes 3-4 minutes to walk her the 20 feet to the bathroom, but I wouldn't want anyone else to take my place, guiding and supporting her every*difficult step.* I scratch her back and massage her head 3-4 times a day, and it's a pleasure.* She refuses every*suggestion of food, so I just put some toast, or grapes, or some banana, or flavored oatmeal by her side, and she picks it up and slowly nibbles at it, and it makes me feel good to know that I'm helping her to keep her little strength a little longer.</P>

This thread, in particular, has been a salvation for my mind.* It's particularly difficult for me to read threads which are critical of a player.* Even when they're justified, because the guy played bad. But, it becomes too personal, and they often hate on the man, and not the football performer. And I feel bad for them because I know they're trying their best, but just didn't come through.* I thought Ron Dayne wasn't good enough from the get-go, and I felt sorry for him because I knew he didn't want to be a bust... but, he just wasn't good enough, and he was verbally crucified for it.** </P>

On this thread we get to deal with facts, and to test our memories on some good, and some not so good times in our last 50 years with the Gmen.* An old name like Bob Timberlake comes up... someone who you hadn't thought of since the last time his name was mentioned*in a game on TV, and you're like, "Oh, Yeah, I remember him."* A guy like Mendenhall is mentioned and it helps me to recall* the pleasure I had watching his always supreme effort.* I think all the bad years we had from the 60's to the 80's, has helped me to savor every good year. Even when we fall short, like last year. *I can still appreciate that we've got a pretty good team, and it just didn't work our for us... but, it sure as heck beats*the*1-13-1 season that we lived through.</P>

And, I've enjoyed getting to know the regular guys on here. And, when*you all*send me your best wishes in this difficult time, I can feel the sincerity*from each of you, knowing that it's not just the obligatory thing for you to do, but just as if you were family*or*long time*friends... and it helps more than you can imagine.* Strange thing, YA, when we review Giant*stories from 20-50 years ago, and I realize that you guys and I had a common interest and passion that we unknowingly shared, it makes me believe, somehow, that we've been unwitting blood brothers for that many years, and not just these past 6 months since you started the thread.* And, it's why I j***ed you for scolding RB Committee for the Homer Jones question the other day... because, even though someone wasn't around earlier, and didn't know what questions we posed then, I don't want to discourage anyone from enjoying the thread and coming around more often... and, then I've got another Giant friend to enjoy this thread and these*boards with.</P>

Now, I'm just ramblin'... hahaha.* I just love to ramble. boring for everyone... but me.* lol.</P>

I knew the Joe Morris answer, but wasn't around to answer.* I agreed with SEC's guess of 10 wins in playoff games at Giant Stadium. Was happy to learn it was 11.</P>

I'm already nervous about Sunday's game. It's funny... when we have a bad team I'm filled with hope, and how, if the guys put it together, we have a chance.* When we have a good team, I'm nervous that we'll have the inevitable bad game, like against Cleveland last year. The clock ticking 00:00, with us on top, is the only time I can take a breath and smile for a victory.* I cheer every TD and FG, but quickly settle down and can only think, "OK, but it's not over, yet.* Now the D has to hold."</P>

Smiles,</P>

Z
</P>

*</P>

*</P>

blood brothers for sure Zimmy....

stay up

YATittle1962
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM
who is the only active NFL player born in Scotland ?

Z

SEC105
09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
every time we talk of that game I can close my eyes and see the debris floating past me in the wind..... I remember sitting there when the clock hit zeroes ...the place was mayhem.....my son and everyone around us were just going bananas.......I remember sitting in my seat just soaking it all in....feeling more proud than I had ever felt as a Giant fan...... was very similar to when we beat the Patriots......the whole house was in an uproar ...and I was just sitting there.......so proud.....thinking of my old man......the only SB he didnt get to see..... sometimes I think to myself....is it strange that a football team means this much to me......then I think ....screw that.....thses guys in blue have been a major part of my life for so many years....and watching these games....and remembering these players has gotten me through so much..... Zimmy I hope you are well my friend..... and I hope coming here and hanging out and talking Giants and memories helps put a smile on your face in these tough times.....</P>

You're right, YA, debris/confetti floating all over the stadium made me feel like it was New years Eve all over again.</P>

I'm doing OK, YA... thank you my goodman. It's a daily grind, but 5 months of seeing Kris go down hill has given me time to prepare for the inevitable, and to appreciate every second that I have with her. It's even possible to get a few smiles... before, while I was answering SEC's post, I look over and there she is, sitting totally naked on the couch... "Kris, you're naked!"I say. She just gives me a distant smile, almost as if she didn't realize it herself. "Do you want to take a shower, hon?" She smiles at me, and I have my answer. It takes 3-4 minutes to walk her the 20 feet to the bathroom, but I wouldn't want anyone else to take my place, guiding and supporting her everydifficult step. I scratch her back and massage her head 3-4 times a day, and it's a pleasure. She refuses everysuggestion of food, so I just put some toast, or grapes, or some banana, or flavored oatmeal by her side, and she picks it up and slowly nibbles at it, and it makes me feel good to know that I'm helping her to keep her little strength a little longer.</P>

This thread, in particular, has been a salvation for my mind. It's particularly difficult for me to read threads which are critical of a player. Even when they're justified, because the guy played bad. But, it becomes too personal, and they often hate on the man, and not the football performer. And I feel bad for them because I know they're trying their best, but just didn't come through. I thought Ron Dayne wasn't good enough from the get-go, and I felt sorry for him because I knew he didn't want to be a bust... but, he just wasn't good enough, and he was verbally crucified for it. </P>

On this thread we get to deal with facts, and to test our memories on some good, and some not so good times in our last 50 years with the Gmen. An old name like Bob Timberlake comes up... someone who you hadn't thought of since the last time his name was mentionedin a game on TV, and you're like, "Oh, Yeah, I remember him." A guy like Mendenhall is mentioned and it helps me to recall the pleasure I had watching his always supreme effort. I think all the bad years we had from the 60's to the 80's, has helped me to savor every good year. Even when we fall short, like last year. I can still appreciate that we've got a pretty good team, and it just didn't work our for us... but, it sure as heck beatsthe1-13-1 season that we lived through.</P>

And, I've enjoyed getting to know the regular guys on here. And, whenyou allsend me your best wishes in this difficult time, I can feel the sincerityfrom each of you, knowing that it's not just the obligatory thing for you to do, but just as if you were familyorlong timefriends... and it helps more than you can imagine. Strange thing, YA, when we review Giantstories from 20-50 years ago, and I realize that you guys and I had a common interest and passion that we unknowingly shared, it makes me believe, somehow, that we've been unwitting blood brothers for that many years, and not just these past 6 months since you started the thread. And, it's why I j***ed you for scolding RB Committee for the Homer Jones question the other day... because, even though someone wasn't around earlier, and didn't know what questions we posed then, I don't want to discourage anyone from enjoying the thread and coming around more often... and, then I've got another Giant friend to enjoy this thread and theseboards with.</P>

Now, I'm just ramblin'... hahaha. I just love to ramble. boring for everyone... but me. lol.</P>

I knew the Joe Morris answer, but wasn't around to answer. I agreed with SEC's guess of 10 wins in playoff games at Giant Stadium. Was happy to learn it was 11.</P>

I'm already nervous about Sunday's game. It's funny... when we have a bad team I'm filled with hope, and how, if the guys put it together, we have a chance. When we have a good team, I'm nervous that we'll have the inevitable bad game, like against Cleveland last year. The clock ticking 00:00, with us on top, is the only time I can take a breath and smile for a victory. I cheer every TD and FG, but quickly settle down and can only think, "OK, but it's not over, yet. Now the D has to hold."</P>

Smiles,</P>

Z
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z Please don't feel your rambling at all matter of fact thats a great post my man. If the message board is of some comfort in these tough times for you thats a very good thing .I think I can speak for every one of the guys when I say if this thread is the most we can do at the moment that helps you in some way , we are very glad and lucky to have friend like you. Keep those spirits up</P>

SEC105
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
who is the only active NFL player born in Scotland ? Z</P>

Thats a tough one.............is he a kicker?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
09-24-2009, 06:21 PM
who is the only active NFL player born in Scotland ?

Z
Lawerence Tynes

zimonami
09-24-2009, 07:21 PM
who is the only active NFL player born in Scotland ? Z
Lawerence Tynes
</P>

lol, YA... Collinsworth mentioned that during the Dallas game.</P>

SEC was close, but he musta run to the fridge for another beer when Cris said it... lol</P>

YATittle1962
09-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Lawerence Tynes
</P>

SEC was close, but he musta run to the fridge for another beer when Cris said it... lol</P>

hahaha

yeah Zim thats where I got it....you know that.....

thought it was interesting so i threw it out there.....

...hey....you guys remember back in the day when an injury just meant the next guy plays....and thats it.....

I love these boards....but they have brought out the paranoia in fans......

I remember not knowing who was hurt until reading the paper on Friday.....and thinking.....oh so and so will step up.....

zimonami
09-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Lawerence Tynes
</P>

hahaha yeah Zim thats where I got it....you know that..... thought it was interesting so i threw it out there..... ...hey....you guys remember back in the day when an injury just meant the next guy plays....and thats it..... I love these boards....but they have brought out the paranoia in fans...... I remember not knowing who was hurt until reading the paper on Friday.....and thinking.....oh so and so will step up.....</P>

I've heard many vets say they played thru the injuries because they were afraid NOT to be on the field because coach would find out the replacement was just as good.</P>

Let's face it. These guys are mostly excellent athletes who have a decently high threshold for pain. If the sub knows his assignments and is in the right place at the right time, the 11 guys should be able to do well. You have your stars, but they wouldn't be stars without their team mates. Very few, like a Barry Sanders for one, can perform superbly without the other 10.</P>

YATittle1962
09-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Lawerence Tynes
</P>

hahaha yeah Zim thats where I got it....you know that..... thought it was interesting so i threw it out there..... ...hey....you guys remember back in the day when an injury just meant the next guy plays....and thats it..... I love these boards....but they have brought out the paranoia in fans...... I remember not knowing who was hurt until reading the paper on Friday.....and thinking.....oh so and so will step up.....</P>

I've heard many vets say they played thru the injuries because they were afraid NOT to be on the field because coach would find out the replacement was just as good.</P>

Let's face it.* These guys are mostly excellent athletes who have a decently high threshold for pain.* If the sub knows his assignments and is in the right place at the right time, the 11 guys should be able to do well.* You have your stars, but they wouldn't be stars without their team mates.* Very few, like a Barry Sanders for one, can perform superbly without the other 10.</P>

absolutely......those guys sitting behind the starters are hungry.....

know your assignments and be where you are supposed to be and let the chips fall where they may......

I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg with this offense....

they may carry this team this year.......you watch

SEC105
09-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Lawerence Tynes
</P>

hahaha

yeah Zim thats where I got it....you know that.....

thought it was interesting so i threw it out there.....

...hey....you guys remember back in the day when an injury just meant the next guy plays....and thats it.....

I love these boards....but they have brought out the paranoia in fans......

I remember not knowing who was hurt until reading the paper on Friday.....and thinking.....oh so and so will step up.....
LOL on Tynes........I'm like a tiger in a cage when the Giants are playing on TV. No I did'nt hear Collingsworth say it but I do remember hearing in the past somewhere after Jints 10 named him
Those injury reports sure are technical compared to the old days. Concussions used to be ......"oh so and such just got knocked woozy but he'll be back' they just did not understand back then how serious some of these injuries can be long lasting effects

zimonami
09-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Lawerence Tynes
</P>

Let's face it. These guys are mostly excellent athletes who have a decently high threshold for pain. If the sub knows his assignments and is in the right place at the right time, the 11 guys should be able to do well. You have your stars, but they wouldn't be stars without their team mates. Very few, like a Barry Sanders for one, can perform superbly without the other 10.</P>

absolutely......those guys sitting behind the starters are hungry..... know your assignments and be where you are supposed to be and let the chips fall where they may...... I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg with this offense.... they may carry this team this year.......you watch</P>

So, you've generated a new question, YA, although it's somewhat subjective.</P>

Since the Giants bacame know for their defense... say, in the last 55 years (back to '54), how many years was the offense better than the defense, and carried the team? </P>

I would guess no more than 3 or so years... and even those were not great offenses. Even in the glory years of YA and Conerly, and the SB winning years, the D was a bit better than the O (IMO).</P>

I believe thisOffense has that potential to stand above the injury riddled D, and keep us in high scoring games. And, even with the injuries, this D has a chance to be quite respectable.</P>

We ain't dead yet!</P>

SEC105
09-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Heres one for the weekend. In what division did the Tampa Bay Bucaneers play their first season? 1976 No peeking [;)] can you remember?</P>

Z </P>

YATittle1962
09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Heres one for the weekend. In what division did the Tampa Bay Bucaneers play their first season?* 1976********** No peeking [;)]** can you remember?</P>

Z*** </P>

good one....

I dont really remember the exact division....but werent they originally in the AFC?

zimonami
09-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Heres one for the weekend. In what division did the Tampa Bay Bucaneers play their first season? 1976 No peeking [;)] can you remember?</P>

Z </P>

</P>

Wasn't it the Western Division, with SF, LA, and Atlanta?</P>

jints10
09-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Heres one for the weekend. In what division did the Tampa Bay Bucaneers play their first season? 1976 No peeking [;)] can you remember?</p>

Z </p>

</p>

Wasn't it the Western Division, with SF, LA, and Atlanta?</p>
I agree with Zim on this one NFC West

rbcarpenter
09-25-2009, 07:17 PM
agreed.definetly the west.

unless i'm wrong!!lol!!!

SEC105
09-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Combined you guys are all right. The AFC West. No idea how they started out in that division but pretty sure it was only 1976
Any one remember who there first QB was? To this day a famous coach
Z

YATittle1962
09-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Combined you guys are all right. The AFC West. No idea how they started out in that division but pretty sure it was only 1976
Z

that was Steve Spurrier (sp)

decent QB on a terrible team

zimonami
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Combined you guys are all right. The AFC West. No idea how they started out in that division but pretty sure it was only 1976 Any one remember who there first QB was? To this day a famous coach Z</P>

That's being kind, SEC. I totally forgot it was the AFC. I think YA gets closest. Now I'm curious when they returned to the NFC. I'll look it up.</P>

zimonami
09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
'76 AFC West</P>

'77 NFC Central</P>

'02 NFC South</P>

SEC105
09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Z

Spurrier had the talent imo to get the job done but not there....at that time
Remember a reporter asked Coach McVay about execution [of his team] and he responed "I'm all for it" LOL
Z

YATittle1962
09-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Z

Spurrier had the talent imo to get the job done but not there....at that time
Remember a reporter asked Coach McVay about execution [of his team] and he responed "I'm all for it" LOL
Z

I remember that well...

McVay was a pisser....a killer with the one liners

SEC105
09-25-2009, 08:25 PM
'76*** AFC West</P>

'77*** NFC Central</P>

'02*** NFC South</P>
The Bucs were at a disadvantage from the get go starting out in that division
What was the reason for it Z?
playing away games out west

zimonami
09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
'76 AFC West</P>

'77 NFC Central</P>

'02 NFC South</P>

The Bucs were at a disadvantage from the get go starting out in that division What was the reason for it Z? playing away games out west</P>

Not sure. There were frequent changes in the years just before the merger, and many after. They didn't seem to give it a lot of thought, otherwise, why did they make the change to the NFC Central in their second year. I'll go back and see what other changes were made in those years, to see what they were trying to accomplish with alinements. Don't forget, Atlanta was in the NFC West for ages... also the Braves... always thought their traveling musta been brutal.</P>

YATittle1962
09-26-2009, 12:24 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the Bucs?

who scored the only TD in that game?

off the top of your head..... ;)

Z

jints10
09-26-2009, 12:56 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the Bucs?

who scored the only TD in that game?

off the top of your head..... ;)

Z
The first time I can remember playing the Bucs was Phil Simms first game as a starter back in 1979.

zimonami
09-26-2009, 01:26 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the Bucs? who scored the only TD in that game? off the top of your head..... ;) Z</P>

I'll say it was the first year the Bucs were in the NFC... 1977.</P>

I'll say Larry Czonka scored the TD against them. Joe Piszarcek was our QB then, and we had Doug Kotar, Czonka and Bobby Hammond at RB</P>

zimonami
09-26-2009, 11:59 PM
2001, Stray gets his 22.5 sacks</P>

Who was second in sacks on our team?</P>

YATittle1962
09-27-2009, 12:05 AM

wow good one....

ill take a wild guess and say Hammer

YATittle1962
09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
in what year did the Giants first play the Bucs? who scored the only TD in that game? off the top of your head..... ;) Z</P>

I'll say it was the first year the Bucs were in the NFC... 1977.</P>

I'll say Larry Czonka scored the TD against them.* Joe Piszarcek was our QB then, and we had Doug Kotar, Czonka and Bobby Hammond at RB</P>

right on Zim it was 77

but it was Hammond that scored.....at least im almost positive it was anyway.....hahahaha

zimonami
09-27-2009, 12:55 AM

wow good one.... ill take a wild guess and say Hammer</P>

Correct. Good job.</P>

But, someone else tied Hammer for second, with 6 each. Can you remember the other?</P>

Roswell777
09-27-2009, 10:54 PM
OK. You guys get this I'll pay your PSLs. Well maybe not, but here goes. You want trivia? This is trivia.

What is Mario Manningham's middle name? Seriously.

zimonami
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
OK. You guys get this I'll pay your PSLs. Well maybe not, but here goes. You want trivia? This is trivia.

What is Mario Manningham's middle name? Seriously.

</P>

lol, Ros... you really expect that we have a chance of knowing that? Oh, yeah, I was at his Baptism and remember they gave him Cashmere for his middle name.</P>

</P>

hahaha... Of Course, I looked it up.</P>

YATittle1962
09-27-2009, 11:37 PM

Correct.* Good job.</P>

But, someone else tied Hammer for second, with 6 each.* Can you remember the other?</P>

wild guess....Jesse Armstead

zimonami
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM

Correct. Good job.</P>

But, someone else tied Hammer for second, with 6 each. Can you remember the other?</P>

wild guess....Jesse Armstead</P>

Peepsare too busy posting about real games then to be very active here. That's to be expected. We just need to keep it alive and we'll be cooking again in the off-season.</P>

I probably would have guessed Armestead, too. But, it was Mike Barrow.</P>

I always hate early Bye weeks, but this is one year that I would have liked it early, to get another week for the walking wounded. That's OK... we're doing a good job with our depth. </P>

YATittle1962
09-28-2009, 12:27 AM

Correct.* Good job.</P>

But, someone else tied Hammer for second, with 6 each.* Can you remember the other?</P>

Peeps*are too busy posting about real games then to be very active here.* That's to be expected.* We just need to keep it alive and we'll be cooking again in the off-season.</P>

I probably would have guessed Armestead, too.* But, it was Mike Barrow.</P>

I always hate early Bye weeks, but this is one year that I would have liked it early, to get another week for the walking wounded.* That's OK... we're doing a good job with our depth.* </P>

absolutely...

a week off to get some guys healthy would be welcome right about now

jints10
09-28-2009, 08:40 AM
2001, Stray gets his 22.5 sacks</p>

Who was second in sacks on our team?</p>

wow good one.... ill take a wild guess and say Hammer</p>

Correct. Good job.</p>

But, someone else tied Hammer for second, with 6 each. Can you remember the other?</p>

wild guess....Jesse Armstead</p>

Peepsare too busy posting about real games then to be very active here. That's to be expected. We just need to keep it alive and we'll be cooking again in the off-season.</p>

I probably would have guessed Armestead, too. But, it was Mike Barrow.</p>

I always hate early Bye weeks, but this is one year that I would have liked it early, to get another week for the walking wounded. That's OK... we're doing a good job with our depth. </p>

absolutely...

Its a good thing we are playing the dregs of the NFL the next 2 weeks as well as yesterday.

Before yesterday when was the last time the Giants had a shutout on the road?

SEC105
09-28-2009, 03:29 PM

Correct. Good job.</P>

Peepsare too busy posting about real games then to be very active here. That's to be expected. We just need to keep it alive and we'll be cooking again in the off-season.</P>

I always hate early Bye weeks, but this is one year that I would have liked it early, to get another week for the walking wounded. That's OK... we're doing a good job with our depth. </P>

absolutely... a week off to get some guys healthy would be welcome right about now

Its a good thing we are playing the dregs of the NFL the next 2 weeks as well as yesterday.

</P>

Pretty sure it was Philly in Parcels first year</P>

In Dan Reeves first year ,1993 , what did the defense lead theNFL in? </P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-28-2009, 04:19 PM
2001, Stray gets his 22.5 sacks</p>

Who was second in sacks on our team?</p>

wow good one.... ill take a wild guess and say Hammer</p>

Correct.* Good job.</p>

But, someone else tied Hammer for second, with 6 each.* Can you remember the other?</p>

wild guess....Jesse Armstead</p>

Peeps*are too busy posting about real games then to be very active here.* That's to be expected.* We just need to keep it alive and we'll be cooking again in the off-season.</p>

I probably would have guessed Armestead, too.* But, it was Mike Barrow.</p>

I always hate early Bye weeks, but this is one year that I would have liked it early, to get another week for the walking wounded.* That's OK... we're doing a good job with our depth.* </p>

absolutely...

petty sure it was against Washington.....maybe early 90s?

not sure....waiting on this answer.....I bet Zimmy knows

YATittle1962
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM

Correct.* Good job.</P>

Peeps*are too busy posting about real games then to be very active here.* That's to be expected.* We just need to keep it alive and we'll be cooking again in the off-season.</P>

I probably would have guessed Armestead, too.* But, it was Mike Barrow.</P>

I always hate early Bye weeks, but this is one year that I would have liked it early, to get another week for the walking wounded.* That's OK... we're doing a good job with our depth.* </P>

absolutely... a week off to get some guys healthy would be welcome right about now

</P>

In Dan Reeves first year ,*1993 , what did the defense lead the*NFL in? </P>

Z</P>

didnt they lead in fumble recoveries?

zimonami
09-28-2009, 04:41 PM

Correct. Good job.</P>

</P>

Good question, jints.</P>

I feel cheap knowing this answer because they mentioned it on Sports Center, or on the NFL Channel last night...hahaha. It was 1983 vs. the Eagles</P>

zimonami
09-28-2009, 04:43 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Another good question</P>

YA guessed Fumble Recoveries. That could be right. I alsoremember we had a lot of INT's that year, so I'll cast my vote for that.</P>

</P>

SEC105
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Another good question</P>

YA guessed Fumble Recoveries. That could be right. I alsoremember we had a lot of INT's that year, so I'll cast my vote for that.</P>

</P>

</P>

Those could be right , not sure , but the Defense had the lowest points allowed in the league.</P>

Who was the only Giant to make the Pro bowl in the 1991 season?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
09-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Pretty sure it was Philly in Parcels first year</p>

In Dan Reeves first year ,1993 , what did the defense lead theNFL in? </p>

Z</p>

</p>

Another good question</p>

YA guessed Fumble Recoveries. That could be right. I alsoremember we had a lot of INT's that year, so I'll cast my vote for that.</p>

</p>

</p>

Those could be right , not sure , but the Defense had the lowest points allowed in the league.</p>

Who was the only Giant to make the Pro bowl in the 1991 season?</p>

Z</p>

Leonard Marshall

Yup the last road shutout was 1983 vs Eagles (I saw it on TV too)

YATittle1962
09-28-2009, 06:24 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the KC Chiefs?

...and what RB scored 2 TDs that day?

Z

jints10
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM

Z

Don't know the year but I'll take a guess on who scored the TDs Ron Johnson

YATittle1962
09-28-2009, 07:45 PM

Z

Don't know the year but I'll take a guess on who scored the TDs** Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson is right on jints

anyone know the year?

YATittle1962
09-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Z

Don't know the year but I'll take a guess on who scored the TDs** Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson is right on jints

anyone know the year?

ok it was 1974....

in 1983....

who was the Chiefs QB that carved up the Giants D for over 300 yds and 4 TDs?

SEC105
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the KC Chiefs? ...and what RB scored 2 TDs that day? Z

Ron Johnson is right on jints anyone know the year? ok it was 1974.... in 1983.... who was the Chiefs QB that carved up the Giants D for over 300 yds and 4 TDs?</P>

That was Bill Kenny I believe. He had a few very good years and was somewhat underated imo</P>

About the same time the Chiefs drafted a QB out of Penn State. Never hit it big in the NFL He's still around on TV commentary. Remember who it was?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

keyofgmen
09-29-2009, 03:36 PM
These 2 players started on the same team. One went to the Giants after 2 years. The Giant intercepted the old teammate and ran it back for 70+ yards for a TD.

That player eventually became the HC of the original team they both started with.

Hard to look this one up on a stats site.

Can you name the players, years, teams???

zimonami
09-29-2009, 05:32 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the KC Chiefs? ...and what RB scored 2 TDs that day? Z

Ron Johnson is right on jints anyone know the year? ok it was 1974.... in 1983.... who was the Chiefs QB that carved up the Giants D for over 300 yds and 4 TDs?</P>

That was Bill Kenny I believe. He had a few very good years and was somewhat underated imo</P>

About the same time the Chiefs drafted a QB out of Penn State. Never hit it big in the NFL He's still around on TV commentary. Remember who it was?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Think that would be Todd Blackledge</P>

zimonami
09-29-2009, 05:35 PM
These 2 players started on the same team. One went to the Giants after 2 years. The Giant intercepted the old teammate and ran it back for 70+ yards for a TD. That player eventually became the HC of the original team they both started with. Hard to look this one up on a stats site. Can you name the players, years, teams???</P>

Key - don't answer this question without someone giving it a shot. I'm thinkin' on it. A great question... need to process a lot of things to get it. Obviously, one of them was a QB.</P>

zimonami
09-29-2009, 07:31 PM
These 2 players started on the same team. One went to the Giants after 2 years. The Giant intercepted the old teammate and ran it back for 70+ yards for a TD. That player eventually became the HC of the original team they both started with. Hard to look this one up on a stats site. Can you name the players, years, teams???</P>

Key - don't answer this question without someone giving it a shot. I'm thinkin' on it. A great question... need to process a lot of things to get it. Obviously, one of them was a QB.</P>

</P>

OK, I'm stumped. I tried to think of a guy who started with another team, came to the Giants early on, and eventually went back to his original team as a HC. He'd also have to (probably) play DB or LB in order to Intercept.</P>

I could think of Ray Rhodes and **** Nolan... but they were drafted by the Giants. Rhodes coached Philly and Nolan the 49ers.</P>

Then I thought of Harland Svare (LB) who was drafted by the Rams, played there a few years, came to the Giants, and started his HC career with the Rams before going to the Chargers. This seems more possible, except we rarely played the Rams back in the 50's. If it was Svare, then he would have Intercepted Norm VanBrocklin.</P>

My brain is blank for anyone else who could qualify. I'm looking forward to someone else getting it, or you letting us know, Key. Again, a good question... I think I did more thinking on this one than any other question we've had.</P>

Roswell777
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
These 2 players started on the same team. One went to the Giants after 2 years. The Giant intercepted the old teammate and ran it back for 70+ yards for a TD. That player eventually became the HC of the original team they both started with. Hard to look this one up on a stats site. Can you name the players, years, teams???</p>

Key - don't answer this question without someone giving it a shot. I'm thinkin' on it. A great question... need to process a lot of things to get it. Obviously, one of them was a QB.</p>

</p>

OK, I'm stumped. I tried to think of a guy who started with another team, came to the Giants early on, and eventually went back to his original team as a HC. He'd also have to (probably) play DB or LB in order to Intercept.</p>

I could think of Ray Rhodes and **** Nolan... but they were drafted by the Giants. Rhodes coached Philly and Nolan the 49ers.</p>

Then I thought of Harland Svare (LB) who was drafted by the Rams, played there a few years, came to the Giants, and started his HC career with the Rams before going to the Chargers. This seems more possible, except we rarely played the Rams back in the 50's. If it was Svare, then he would have Intercepted Norm VanBrocklin.</p>

My brain is blank for anyone else who could qualify. I'm looking forward to someone else getting it, or you letting us know, Key. Again, a good question... I think I did more thinking on this one than any other question we've had.</p>

C'mon Z, even more than my question about Manningham's middle name? That hurts.

SEC105
09-29-2009, 08:01 PM

Key - don't answer this question without someone giving it a shot.* I'm thinkin' on it.* A great question... need to process a lot of things to get it.* Obviously, one of them was a QB.</P>

</P>

OK, I'm stumped.* I tried to think of a guy who started with another team, came to the Giants early on, and eventually went back to his original team as a HC.* He'd also have to (probably) play DB or LB in order to Intercept.</P>

I could think of Ray Rhodes and **** Nolan... but they were drafted by the Giants. Rhodes coached Philly and Nolan the 49ers.</P>

Then I thought of Harland Svare (LB) who was drafted by the Rams, played there a few years, came to the Giants, and started his HC career with the Rams before going to the Chargers. This seems more possible, except we rarely played the Rams back in the 50's.** If it was Svare, then he would have Intercepted Norm VanBrocklin.</P>

My brain is blank for anyone else who could qualify.* I'm looking forward to someone else getting it, or you letting us know, Key.* Again, a good question... I think I did more thinking on this one than any other question we've had.</P>
Todd Blackledge was the QB KC drafted Z.
I could'nt come up with an answer to the question above so I'll agree with Z LOL

zimonami
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM

</P>

OK, I'm stumped. I tried to think of a guy who started with another team, came to the Giants early on, and eventually went back to his original team as a HC. He'd also have to (probably) play DB or LB in order to Intercept.</P>

Then I thought of Harland Svare (LB) who was drafted by the Rams, played there a few years, came to the Giants, and started his HC career with the Rams before going to the Chargers. This seems more possible, except we rarely played the Rams back in the 50's. If it was Svare, then he would have Intercepted Norm VanBrocklin.</P>

My brain is blank for anyone else who could qualify. I'm looking forward to someone else getting it, or you letting us know, Key. Again, a good question... I think I did more thinking on this one than any other question we've had.</P>

C'mon Z, even more than my question about Manningham's middle name? That hurts.

</P>

lol, Ros. I could have thought for 40 years and not answered your Q. Yes, it was an excellent question, but I had to look the answer up.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
09-29-2009, 10:00 PM
These 2 players started on the same team. One went to the Giants after 2 years. The Giant intercepted the old teammate and ran it back for 70+ yards for a TD.

That player eventually became the HC of the original team they both started with.

Hard to look this one up on a stats site.

Can you name the players, years, teams???

this is a total guess....

but it has to be Harland Svare and Billy Wade

sometime in mid to late 50s and the Rams and Giants....

zimonami
09-29-2009, 10:45 PM
These 2 players started on the same team. One went to the Giants after 2 years. The Giant intercepted the old teammate and ran it back for 70+ yards for a TD. That player eventually became the HC of the original team they both started with. Hard to look this one up on a stats site. Can you name the players, years, teams??? this is a total guess.... but it has to be Harland Svare and Billy Wade sometime in mid to late 50s and the Rams and Giants....</P>

I totally forgot about Wade, YA... could be him and harland. Gots to be '59, '60. We didn't play the Rams much back in the 50's.</P>

YATittle1962
09-29-2009, 11:10 PM
These 2 players started on the same team. One went to the Giants after 2 years. The Giant intercepted the old teammate and ran it back for 70+ yards for a TD. That player eventually became the HC of the original team they both started with. Hard to look this one up on a stats site. Can you name the players, years, teams??? this is a total guess.... but it has to be Harland Svare and Billy Wade sometime in mid to late 50s and the Rams and Giants....</P>

I totally forgot about Wade, YA... could be him and harland.* Gots to be '59, '60. We didn't play the Rams much back in the 50's.</P>

true...

I think Svares last year was 60...

so you are right .....if it is them ..

gotta be 59 or 60....

thats before i ever even saw a football game....only heard them on the radio.....

I remember having no idea what colors the Giants wore while listening.....I was very young...

zimonami
09-29-2009, 11:15 PM

I totally forgot about Wade, YA... could be him and harland. Gots to be '59, '60. We didn't play the Rams much back in the 50's.</P>

true... I think Svares last year was 60... so you are right .....if it is them .. gotta be 59 or 60.... thats before i ever even saw a football game....only heard them on the radio..... I remember having no idea what colors the Giants wore while listening.....I was very young...</P>

They had radios back then, YA?</P>

YATittle1962
09-29-2009, 11:18 PM

I totally forgot about Wade, YA... could be him and harland.* Gots to be '59, '60. We didn't play the Rams much back in the 50's.</P>

true... I think Svares last year was 60... so you are right .....if it is them .. gotta be 59 or 60.... thats before i ever even saw a football game....only heard them on the radio..... I remember having no idea what colors the Giants wore while listening.....I was very young...</P>

hahahahaha

fire...the wheel...the radios....

zimonami
09-29-2009, 11:33 PM

hahahahaha fire...the wheel...the radios....</P>

Geez, I remember listening to the Dodgers on the radio... like it was yesterday. One evening, 1957... I wasn't quite 11 yet, I was lsitening and they were playing the Milwaukee Braves. Bottom 9, tie game, bases loaded, 1 out and Gino Cimoli needs a sac fly. he hits a grand slam and I had trouble falling alseep after that, I was so excited. </P>

Another memory, watching the Dodgers with my Dad on TV, 1955, just before he went in to the hospital for good... I was 8. Don Zimmer comes up, pinch hitting,andmy Dadtells me how brave he to still be playing cuz he's got a metal plate in his head from being beaned. Of course I was interested cuz Zimmer was close to our name. He hits a home run and my first hero was created. Still love that Popeye.</P>

Got my first radio for Christmas when I was 6. Still remember what it looked like. Used to listen every night to The Shadow, etc. They even had a Tarzan show. Radio was great.</P>

YATittle1962
09-30-2009, 12:04 AM
we didnt have a tv until around 1960 so i lived with my ear to the radio....

I remember listening to a show called Pepper youngs family....and I used to listen to Gunsmoke....

my old man would listen to Jack Benny and I would listen with him...

I also liked Have Gun Will Travel.....and all the Big Band music....

I would listen to that music and imagine each musician and what they looked like.....i would always fall asleep right next to the radio......that was the beginning of my life long love affair with music......

I still have that old Zenith in my basement.....

then.....the Beatles on Ed Sullivan (on tv of course) changed my life as much as seeing Tittle throw 7 TDs....

I would love to listen to a game on that old radio just for nostalgia sake ...if it works at all.....

zimonami
09-30-2009, 12:22 AM
we didnt have a tv until around 1960 so i lived with my ear to the radio.... I remember listening to a show called Pepper youngs family....and I used to listen to Gunsmoke.... my old man would listen to Jack Benny and I would listen with him... I also liked Have Gun Will Travel.....and all the Big Band music.... I would listen to that music and imagine each musician and what they looked like.....i would always fall asleep right next to the radio......that was the beginning of my life long love affair with music...... I still have that old Zenith in my basement..... then.....the Beatles on Ed Sullivan (on tv of course) changed my life as much as seeing Tittle throw 7 TDs.... I would love to listen to a game on that old radio just for nostalgia sake ...if it works at all.....</P>

Yeah, but I don't think you'd get the same quality of announcing today. Did DeRogatis do the Giant games back then? He always did a great game call on the radio.</P>

Jack Benny, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel (reads the card of a man. A knight without armor in a savage land. Did Richard Boone do Paladin on radio?) Geez, thanks for reminding me. Now I wish I could tune in to one of those shows.</P>

YATittle1962
09-30-2009, 12:44 AM
we didnt have a tv until around 1960 so i lived with my ear to the radio.... I remember listening to a show called Pepper youngs family....and I used to listen to Gunsmoke.... my old man would listen to Jack Benny and I would listen with him... I also liked Have Gun Will Travel.....and all the Big Band music.... I would listen to that music and imagine each musician and what they looked like.....i would always fall asleep right next to the radio......that was the beginning of my life long love affair with music...... I still have that old Zenith in my basement..... then.....the Beatles on Ed Sullivan (on tv of course) changed my life as much as seeing Tittle throw 7 TDs.... I would love to listen to a game on that old radio just for nostalgia sake ...if it works at all.....</P>

Yeah, but I don't think you'd get the same quality of announcing today.* Did DeRogatis do the Giant games back then? He always did a great game call on the radio.</P>

Jack Benny, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel (reads the card of a man. A knight without armor in a savage land.* Did Richard Boone do Paladin on radio?) Geez, thanks for reminding me. Now I wish I could tune in to one of those shows.</P>

pretty sure it was Chris Shenkel (sp) doing the games back then if I remember correctly.....or was it Glickman.......its all very foggy

not sure if Boone was Paladin on the radio....I sure hope he was cus thats who I came to know him as when later watching him on TV....

wow this conversation is like a time machine right now....

I havent thought of that theme song in many years Zim....

his fast gun for hire hes the calling wind
a soldier of fortune is the man called......Paladin!

zimonami
09-30-2009, 01:17 AM
pretty sure it was Chris Shenkel (sp) doing the games back then if I remember correctly.....or was it Glickman.......its all very foggy not sure if Boone was Paladin on the radio....I sure hope he was cus thats who I came to know him as when later watching him on TV.... wow this conversation is like a time machine right now.... I havent thought of that theme song in many years Zim.... his fast gun for hire hes the calling wind a soldier of fortune is the man called......Paladin!</P>

Looked up a few things.</P>

Schenkel did Giants from 52 - ?</P>

Glickman and DeRogatis did the games starting in '60</P>

John Dehner was Paladin on radio... Started in '58. </P>

The TV show started in '57. It was one of the only programs ever started on TV that spawned a radio drama.</P>

good reminiscing, YA. Thanks. I'm off to bed. Be well</P>

PS. Kris is better since they removed the fluids from her brain (shunt)11 days ago. Maybe bought her a few more months. Every minute with her will be cherished.</P>

keyofgmen
09-30-2009, 07:21 PM

true...

gotta be 59 or 60....

thats before i ever even saw a football game....only heard them on the radio.....

I remember having no idea what colors the Giants wore while listening.....I was very young...

Sorry, I have been busy.

It was Svare. The INT was against Van Brocklin on 10/18/1959. 70 yrds for a TD. Too bad Har had a dismal HC record. He was with Chargers when they had that "drug scandal", if you remember that.

YATittle1962
09-30-2009, 09:41 PM

true...

gotta be 59 or 60....

Sorry, I have been busy.

It was Svare. The INT was against Van Brocklin on 10/18/1959. 70 yrds for a TD. Too bad Har had a dismal HC record. He was with Chargers when they had that "drug scandal", if you remember that.

1972 Chagers...what a mess

YATittle1962
09-30-2009, 09:46 PM
***pretty sure it was Chris Shenkel (sp) doing the games back then if I remember correctly.....or was it Glickman.......its all very foggy not sure if Boone was Paladin on the radio....I sure hope he was cus thats who I came to know him as when later watching him on TV.... wow this conversation is like a time machine right now.... I havent thought of that theme song in many years Zim.... his fast gun for hire hes the calling wind a soldier of fortune is the man called......Paladin!</P>

Looked up a few things.</P>

Schenkel did Giants from 52 - ?</P>

Glickman and DeRogatis did the games starting in '60</P>

John Dehner was Paladin on radio... Started in '58.* </P>

The TV show started in '57.* It was one of the only programs ever started on TV that spawned a radio drama.</P>

good reminiscing, YA.* Thanks. I'm off to bed. Be well</P>

PS.* Kris is better since they removed the fluids from her brain (shunt)*11 days ago.* Maybe bought her a few more months.* Every minute with her will be cherished.</P>

glad to hear Kris is doing better.....

cherish your time Zim......you are a good man...and a strong one....

zimonami
09-30-2009, 10:21 PM

</P>

<FONT size=4>Then I thought of Harland Svare (LB) who was drafted by the Rams, played there a few years, came to the Giants, and started his HC career with the Rams before going to the Chargers. This seems more possible, except we rarely played the Rams back in the 50's. If it was Svare, then he would have Intercepted Norm VanBrocklin.</FONT></P>

</P>

Hey, Key, I got it, too. lol. (little kid in back of the room wants his B, too)</P>

zimonami
09-30-2009, 10:49 PM

true... I think Svares last year was 60... so you are right .....if it is them .. gotta be 59 or 60.... thats before i ever even saw a football game....only heard them on the radio..... I remember having no idea what colors the Giants wore while listening.....I was very young... Sorry, I have been busy. It was Svare. The INT was against Van Brocklin on 10/18/1959. 70 yrds for a TD. Too bad Har had a dismal HC record. He was with Chargers when they had that "drug scandal", if you remember that. 1972 Chagers...what a mess</P>

A mess is right. The Chargers had a big scandal, but all of sports were plaqued by drug use. Remember "North Dallas 40" with Nick Nolte? </P>

I think the pits was when Thomas 'Hollywood' Henderson admitted to snorting coke on the sidelines during the SB.</P>

Here's a question, and a bit ironic --- what Giant player said he chose his number because he was inspired by Henderson? </P>

YATittle1962
09-30-2009, 10:54 PM

true... I think Svares last year was 60... so you are right .....if it is them .. gotta be 59 or 60.... thats before i ever even saw a football game....only heard them on the radio..... I remember having no idea what colors the Giants wore while listening.....I was very young... Sorry, I have been busy. It was Svare. The INT was against Van Brocklin on 10/18/1959. 70 yrds for a TD. Too bad Har had a dismal HC record. He was with Chargers when they had that "drug scandal", if you remember that. 1972 Chagers...what a mess</P>

A mess is right.* The Chargers had a big scandal, but all of sports were plaqued by drug use.* Remember "North Dallas 40" with Nick Nolte?* </P>

I think the pits was when Thomas 'Hollywood' Henderson admitted to snorting coke on the sidelines during the SB.</P>

Here's a question, and a bit ironic --- what Giant player said he chose his number because he was inspired by Henderson?* </P>

that was LT...

apparently he was a huge fan of Henderson....

I have a business partner who plays golf with LT occasionally and he asked him if the rumor of him smoking crack at half time of the SB was true....

he said no.....that people confused it with the Henderson story.....

keyofgmen
10-01-2009, 06:26 AM

Key - don't answer this question without someone giving it a shot.* I'm thinkin' on it.* A great question... need to process a lot of things to get it.* Obviously, one of them was a QB.</P>

</P>

OK, I'm stumped.* I tried to think of a guy who started with another team, came to the Giants early on, and eventually went back to his original team as a HC.* He'd also have to (probably) play DB or LB in order to Intercept.</P>

<FONT size=4>Then I thought of Harland Svare (LB) who was drafted by the Rams, played there a few years, came to the Giants, and started his HC career with the Rams before going to the Chargers. This seems more possible, except we rarely played the Rams back in the 50's.** If it was Svare, then he would have Intercepted Norm VanBrocklin.</FONT></P>

My brain is blank for anyone else who could qualify.* I'm looking forward to someone else getting it, or you letting us know, Key.* Again, a good question... I think I did more thinking on this one than any other question we've had.</P>

</P>

Hey, Key,* I got it, too.* lol.* (little kid in back of the room wants his B, too)</P>

YUP, I saw that. That's pretty good stuff. I try to come up with things that we all have to really think about. Hard to get anything by ZIm and YA.
You and your love hang in there.

zimonami
10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
We all know Stray leads the Giants, lifetime, in sacks with 141.5</P>

LT has 132.5</P>

Who is 3rd, 4th, etc? Rank these guys from best tpo sowst... no need to give their numbers... just position after LT.</P>

Osi, Martin, Banks, Hamilton, Armstead, Howard, and Marshall</P>

SEC105
10-01-2009, 04:58 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

Who is 3rd, 4th, etc? Rank these guys from best tpo sowst... no need to give their numbers... just position after LT.</P>

</P>

I'll try Z.............Hamilton Marshall Martin Howard Banks Armstead and Osi</P>

Heres one..what KC Chief WR who wore the number #17 in the early 70s one upped Homer Jones spike with a kinda dance and then slaming the ball to ground after a TD?</P>

zimonami
10-01-2009, 05:40 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

</P>

I'll try Z.............Hamilton Marshall Martin Howard Banks Armstead and Osi</P>

Heres one..what KC Chief WR who wore the number #17 in the early 70s one upped Homer Jones spike with a kinda dance and then slaming the ball to ground after a TD?</P>

zimonami
10-01-2009, 05:50 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

</P>

</P>

Close, but no cigar, SEC.</P>

I'm dying to know the KC WR. I remember Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, but he was Houston, and had a number in the 80's. </P>

Only KC WR I can remember right now was the Big 'O' - Otis Taylor, #89</P>

Give it a little more time... one of the other guys will surely remember.</P>

SEC105
10-01-2009, 05:57 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

</P>

</P>

Close, but no cigar, SEC.</P>

I'm dying to know the KC WR. I remember Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, but he was Houston, and had a number in the 80's. </P>

Only KC WR I can remember right now was the Big 'O' - Otis Taylor, #89</P>

Give it a little more time... one of the other guys will surely remember.</P>

</P>

Otis Taylor was great but you're rightZ not him. When you see the name you'll remember right away......Are the Top 3 right in sacks?</P>

benched
10-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Before the last Dallas game and last sec FG, when was the last time the Giants beat Dallas on a game winning FG?

A great Giant moment.

keyofgmen
10-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Before the last Dallas game and last sec FG, when was the last time the Giants beat Dallas on a game winning FG?

A great Giant moment.

Not sure if it was the last time, but the kick by Joe Danelo to win at Giant Stadium was a great deal in 1980.

Aaron5611
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Before the last Dallas game and last sec FG, when was the last time the Giants beat Dallas on a game winning FG? A great Giant moment. Not sure if it was the last time, but the kick by Joe Danelo to win at Giant Stadium was a great deal in 1980.</P>

</P>

Yea after he blew a "chippie" in the end of regulation. That kick almost gave me a heartattack at age 11!</P>

zimonami
10-01-2009, 07:53 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

</P>

</P>

SEC - your top 3 are correct, but you need to switch around 2 of them.</P>

The last 4 need some swapping, too.</P>

Their numbers, from 3 on are: 79.5, 63, 46, 42.5, 36, 30.5 and 30.5</P>

</P>

I'm going to have to wait on the KC answer... I can't think of their #2 receiver behind Taylor.</P>

zimonami
10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Before the last Dallas game and last sec FG, when was the last time the Giants beat Dallas on a game winning FG? A great Giant moment.</P>

The season after our 2000 SB appearance, 2001, Morten Anderson kicked a FG against Dallas in OT. Was a great moment, but a poor season.</P>

Roswell777
10-01-2009, 08:22 PM
We all know Stray leads the Giants, lifetime, in sacks with 141.5</p>

LT has 132.5</p>

Who is 3rd, 4th, etc? Rank these guys from best tpo sowst... no need to give their numbers... just position after LT.</p>

Osi, Martin, Banks, Hamilton, Armstead, Howard, and Marshall</p>

</p>

I'll try Z.............Hamilton Marshall Martin Howard Banks Armstead and Osi</p>

Heres one..what KC Chief WR who wore the number #17 in the early 70s one upped Homer Jones spike with a kinda dance and then slaming the ball to ground after a TD?</p>

</p>

SEC - your top 3 are correct, but you need to switch around 2 of them.</p>

The last 4 need some swapping, too.</p>

Their numbers, from 3 on are: 79.5, 63, 46, 42.5, 36, 30.5 and 30.5</p>

</p>

I'm going to have to wait on the KC answer... I can't think of their #2 receiver behind Taylor.</p>

I'll say Big Leonard, Hamilton and Martin. But Fred Dryer would have been there if he didn't get homesick for the left coast.

zimonami
10-01-2009, 08:29 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

</P>

</P>

SEC - your top 3 are correct, but you need to switch around 2 of them.</P>

The last 4 need some swapping, too.</P>

Their numbers, from 3 on are: 79.5, 63, 46, 42.5, 36, 30.5 and 30.5</P>

</P>

I'm going to have to wait on the KC answer... I can't think of their #2 receiver behind Taylor.</P>

I'll say Big Leonard, Hamilton and Martin. But Fred Dryer would have been there if he didn't get homesick for the left coast.

</P>

Those first three are correct, SEC.</P>

I liked Dryer until he wanted to leave. That might not have happened if we were a decent team then.</P>

YATittle1962
10-01-2009, 08:32 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

Who is 3rd, 4th, etc?* Rank these guys from best tpo sowst... no need to give their numbers... just position after LT.</P>

</P>

I'll try Z.............Hamilton* Marshall* Martin** Howard** *Banks Armstead and Osi</P>

Heres one..what KC Chief WR who wore the number #17 in the early 70s one upped Homer Jones spike with a kinda dance and then slaming the ball to ground after a TD?*</P>

I remember that cat...his name was Elmo.....always loved that name.......strangely enough...i have no recollection as to what his last name is......Williams maybe?.....no idea.....

but yeah he did like a white shoes sorta think.....one of the early endzone celebration guys

SEC105
10-01-2009, 08:55 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

Who is 3rd, 4th, etc?* Rank these guys from best tpo sowst... no need to give their numbers... just position after LT.</P>

</P>

I'll try Z.............Hamilton* Marshall* Martin** Howard** *Banks Armstead and Osi</P>

Heres one..what KC Chief WR who wore the number #17 in the early 70s one upped Homer Jones spike with a kinda dance and then slaming the ball to ground after a TD?*</P>

I remember that cat...his name was Elmo.....always loved that name.......strangely enough...i have no recollection as to what his last name is......Williams maybe?.....no idea.....

but yeah he did like a white shoes sorta think.....one of the early endzone celebration guys
Close enough YA Elmo Wright # 17 KC Chiefs I always remembered him because we walking home from freshman [ i think] football practice in high school around Halloween and it was dark. On e of our friends grabbed a pumpkin off of a stoop , ran under a street light and screamed "Elmo Wright" preceeeded to do the dance and then smashes the pumpkin right in the middle of the street to laughter and amazement of the rest of us

On a serious note I don't mind giving the Chiefs their props. I'll never forget the ovation the Chief crowd gave our Giants @ Arrowhead ? Stadium the first football game after 9/11 Great Fans and Great Americans imo

zimonami
10-01-2009, 10:26 PM

LT has 132.5</P>

</P>

I remember that cat...his name was Elmo.....always loved that name.......strangely enough...i have no recollection as to what his last name is......Williams maybe?.....no idea..... but yeah he did like a white shoes sorta think.....one of the early endzone celebration guys Close enough YA Elmo Wright # 17 KC Chiefs I always remembered him because we walking home from freshman [ i think] football practice in high school around Halloween and it was dark. On e of our friends grabbed a pumpkin off of a stoop , ran under a street light and screamed "Elmo Wright" preceeeded to do the dance and then smashes the pumpkin right in the middle of the street to laughter and amazement of the rest of us On a serious note I don't mind giving the Chiefs their props. I'll never forget the ovation the Chief crowd gave our Giants @ Arrowhead ? Stadium the first football game after 9/11 Great Fans and Great Americans imo</P>

OK, yes, I remember Elmo Wright. Good job, YA</P>

The KC fans have always been good. I remember the Indian Chief and horse, Warpaint, that used to gallop up the sidelines after a KC score in the early AFC days. That would be socially unacceptable these days. Too bad.</P>

YATittle1962
10-02-2009, 12:34 PM
how many times have the Giants played the Chiefs since the 1970 merger?

and what is their record against the Chiefs?

Z

zimonami
10-02-2009, 02:21 PM
how many times have the Giants played the Chiefs since the 1970 merger? and what is their record against the Chiefs? Z</P>

I'll say 7 times, with a 4-3 record.</P>

I'll bet we'll get the answer to this on this weeks broadcast.</P>

keyofgmen
10-02-2009, 05:58 PM
how many times have the Giants played the Chiefs since the 1970 merger? and what is their record against the Chiefs? Z</P>

I'd guess less. Say 4 times 2-2?

keyofgmen
10-02-2009, 06:08 PM

I'd guess less. Say 4 times 2-2?

Man, I was clueless!! I looked it up:

9-2 vs Chiefs since 1970

zimonami
10-03-2009, 12:45 AM

I'd guess less. Say 4 times 2-2? Man, I was clueless!! I looked it up: 9-2 vs Chiefs since 1970</P>

you weren't alone...lol</P>

SEC105
10-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Who was the Chiefs running back that wore the same number as YA Title?
Z

zimonami
10-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Who was the Chiefs running back that wore the same number as YA Title? Z</P>

#14, - That was Ed Podolak of the '70's. He was an excellent player</P>

I thought it was him, but looked it up to be sure.</P>

SEC105
10-03-2009, 11:07 AM

#14, - That was Ed Podolak of the '70's.* He was an excellent player</P>

He was a good player Z. Saw highlights of a playoff game Podalack sp played in against Miami that went into overtime [early 70s ?] He was one tough guy
Who was the first kicker [kicking only] ever inducted to the Hall Of Fame?

Roswell777
10-03-2009, 11:15 AM
My best memory of NYG vs KCC was Simms bringing them back after down 13 with about 8 min to go. I have that on tape somewhere. I apologize if this has been asked but, who scored those 2 TDs to give the Giants the victory in that game?

SEC105
10-03-2009, 05:52 PM
My best memory of NYG vs KCC was Simms bringing them back after down 13 with about 8 min to go.* I have that on tape somewhere.* I apologize if this has been asked but, who scored those 2 TDs to give the Giants the victory in that game?

Just guessing Ros Bravaro?
Z

zimonami
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM

#14, - That was Ed Podolak of the '70's. He was an excellent player</P>

He was a good player Z. Saw highlights of a playoff game Podalack sp played in against Miami that went into overtime [early 70s ?] He was one tough guy Who was the first kicker [kicking only] ever inducted to the Hall Of Fame?</P>

</P>

Jan Stenerud, while we're on the KC theme. Ray Guy should also be in there.</P>

Another KC question.... What is Buck Buchanan's first name?</P>

YATittle1962
10-03-2009, 07:27 PM

#14, - That was Ed Podolak of the '70's.* He was an excellent player</P>

He was a good player Z. Saw highlights of a playoff game Podalack sp played in against Miami that went into overtime [early 70s ?] He was one tough guy Who was the first kicker [kicking only] ever inducted to the Hall Of Fame?</P>

*</P>

Jan Stenerud, while we're on the KC theme.* Ray Guy should also be in there.</P>

Another KC question.... What is Buck Buchanan's first name?</P>

no idea what his name was...but he was a mountain of a man....

and the first black number one draft choice.....I remember that...

not to mention a hell of a football player

zimonami
10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
no idea what his name was...but he was a mountain of a man.... and the first black number one draft choice.....I remember that... not to mention a hell of a football player</P>

I'll give it a little more time, but I don't think anyone will get his first name.</P>

He was a great player. I didn't know that he was the first 1st rnd Black man... that would have been a good question, YA.</P>

Buck's first name begins with a 'J'.</P>

Back in the late '60's and early 70's I think the Raider - KC games were among the best, ever. Their rivalry was intense, to say the least. One of their games, where old man Blanda, subbing for a wounded Lamonica,was brutalized on a sideline hit, had the biggest, baddest brawl I've ever seen in any game of any sport.</P>

keyofgmen
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM

no idea what his name was...but he was a mountain of a man.... and the first black number one draft choice.....I remember that... not to mention a hell of a football player</P>

I'll give it a little more time, but I don't think anyone will get his first name.</P>

He was a great player.* I didn't know that he was the first 1st rnd Black man... that would have been a good question, YA.</P>

Back in the late '60's and early 70's I think the Raider - KC games were among the best, ever. Their rivalry was intense, to say the least. One of their games, where old man Blanda, subbing for a wounded Lamonica,*was brutalized on a sideline hit, had the biggest, baddest brawl I've ever seen in any game of any sport.</P>

OK... I cheated. I have Buck's 1st name, but I won't post it yet.

And you are right. Ray Guy not being in HOF is absurd.

rbcarpenter
10-04-2009, 09:34 AM
My best memory of NYG vs KCC was Simms bringing them back after down 13 with about 8 min to go.* I have that on tape somewhere.* I apologize if this has been asked but, who scored those 2 TDs to give the Giants the victory in that game?

that would be bobby johnson and zeke mowatt,in the 4th quarter,but the only player that got 2 in that game were by my main man carpenter!

zimonami
10-04-2009, 10:41 AM

He was a great player. I didn't know that he was the first 1st rnd Black man... that would have been a good question, YA.</P>

Back in the late '60's and early 70's I think the Raider - KC games were among the best, ever. Their rivalry was intense, to say the least. One of their games, where old man Blanda, subbing for a wounded Lamonica,was brutalized on a sideline hit, had the biggest, baddest brawl I've ever seen in any game of any sport.</P>

OK... I cheated. I have Buck's 1st name, but I won't post it yet. And you are right. Ray Guy not being in HOF is absurd.</P>

hahaha... not a cheat. Who could know his name was Junious. I wouldn't have even asked the question if I hadn't looked it up.</P>

Ray Guy would have destroyed the Dallas overhead screens. To my knowledge, he was the only punter ever selected on the first round, and he deserved it. A great weapon.</P>

YATittle1962
10-04-2009, 12:40 PM

He was a great player.* I didn't know that he was the first 1st rnd Black man... that would have been a good question, YA.</P>

Back in the late '60's and early 70's I think the Raider - KC games were among the best, ever. Their rivalry was intense, to say the least. One of their games, where old man Blanda, subbing for a wounded Lamonica,*was brutalized on a sideline hit, had the biggest, baddest brawl I've ever seen in any game of any sport.</P>

Blanda was one tough SOB

zimonami
10-04-2009, 12:45 PM

Blanda was one tough SOB</P>

</P>

OLD, too. lol.</P>

Was he the oldest player ever in the NFL. I'd say, Yes.</P>

Roswell777
10-04-2009, 08:23 PM
My best memory of NYG vs KCC was Simms bringing them back after down 13 with about 8 min to go. I have that on tape somewhere. I apologize if this has been asked but, who scored those 2 TDs to give the Giants the victory in that game?

that would be bobby johnson and zeke mowatt,in the 4th quarter,but the only player that got 2 in that game were by my main man carpenter!

You got it. One of the first times I'd ever seen the Giants come back with 2 late TDs and I go back to the Clarence Childs days.

YATittle1962
10-05-2009, 01:46 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the Raiders?

and what was the score of that game?

its kind of hard to forget if you were around back then...

Z

SEC105
10-05-2009, 04:37 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the Raiders? and what was the score of that game? its kind of hard to forget if you were around back then... Z</P>

If it's the game I'm thinking of ........we got ourbehinds whipped like 35-0.............some time in the seventies</P>

Who's the Raiders alltime leading scorer? This one surprised me</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-05-2009, 07:14 PM
in what year did the Giants first play the Raiders? and what was the score of that game? its kind of hard to forget if you were around back then... Z</P>

If it's the game I'm thinking of ........we got ourbehinds whipped like 35-0.............some time in the seventies</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I agree with SEC. We got crushed by the Raiders our first meeting, which I'll say was somwhere around 1973, but I'll say 42-0.</P>

Let me see... All time Raiders scorere? Pete Banaczak? Dave Casper? Marv Hubbard? Warren Wells? Janikowski? I don't know... but, one of them has a shot at being correct.</P>

zimonami
10-05-2009, 07:16 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I agree with SEC. We got crushed by the Raiders our first meeting, which I'll say was somwhere around 1973, but I'll say 42-0.</P>

Let me see... All time Raiders scorere? Pete Banaczak? Dave Casper? Marv Hubbard? Warren Wells? Janikowski? I don't know... but, one of them has a shot at being correct.</P>

</P>

Whoops... I forgot about Marcus Allen. He played with them long enough to be a strong candidate.</P>

zimonami
10-05-2009, 07:18 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Whoops... I forgot about Marcus Allen. He played with them long enough to be a strong candidate.</P>

</P>

I keep posting before my brain is done thinking through the Oakland years and players.. I'll add one more... Fred Biletnikoff</P>

SEC105
10-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I looked it up Z and that's why I was surprised by who it was. All those guys are up there but it's Janokowski. He has been around quite awhile

YATittle1962
10-05-2009, 10:47 PM

If it's the game I'm thinking of ........we got our*behinds whipped like 35-0.............some time in the seventies</P>

Z*</P>

</P>

I agree with SEC.* We got crushed by the Raiders our first meeting, which I'll say was somwhere around 1973, but I'll say 42-0.</P>

Let me see... All time Raiders scorere?* Pete Banaczak?* Dave Casper?* Marv Hubbard? Warren Wells? *Janikowski?* I don't know... but, one of them has a shot at being correct.</P>

yup 1973 42 - 0

just one of our 11 losses that year

SEC105
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Here's one gang On the "immaculate reception" Raiders @Steelers Did the ball actually hit DBJack Tatum [?] I did not look it up but remember they debate this till this day. I least I think that's what the controversy was Anybody got more info on that famous play off the top of your heads?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Here's one gang****** On the "immaculate reception"*** Raiders @Steelers* Did the ball actually hit DB*Jack Tatum [?]* I did not look it up but remember they debate this till this day. I least I think that's what the controversy was***** Anybody got more info on that famous play off the top of your heads?*</P>

Z</P>

I remember it was 4th and pretty long....

the play looked a bit like the Manning to Tyree play from the SB....

Bradshaw kinda dodging the defense then chucking it up....

I always thought it bounced off Tatums helmet.....then into Francos hands.....

hard to say .....ill have to watch it again sometime

SEC105
10-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Here's one gang On the "immaculate reception" Raiders @Steelers Did the ball actually hit DBJack Tatum [?] I did not look it up but remember they debate this till this day. I least I think that's what the controversy was Anybody got more info on that famous play off the top of your heads?</P>

Z</P>

I remember it was 4th and pretty long.... the play looked a bit like the Manning to Tyree play from the SB.... Bradshaw kinda dodging the defense then chucking it up.... I always thought it bounced off Tatums helmet.....then into Francos hands..... hard to say .....ill have to watch it again sometime</P>

YA was'nt there some rule that if they could prove it hit the Steeler first it was an illegal forward pass. I thought it was something like that. Still , one of the gratest plays in NFL history. Imagine those Steeler fans euphoria? FRANCO FRANCO FRANCO lol</P>

keyofgmen
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Here's one gang****** On the "immaculate reception"*** Raiders @Steelers* Did the ball actually hit DB*Jack Tatum [?]* I did not look it up but remember they debate this till this day. I least I think that's what the controversy was***** Anybody got more info on that famous play off the top of your heads?*</P>

Z</P>

I remember it was 4th and pretty long.... the play looked a bit like the Manning to Tyree play from the SB.... Bradshaw kinda dodging the defense then chucking it up.... I always thought it bounced off Tatums helmet.....then into Francos hands..... hard to say .....ill have to watch it again sometime</P>

YA*** was'nt there some rule that if they could prove it hit the Steeler first it was an illegal forward pass. I thought it was something like that. Still , one of the gratest plays in NFL history. Imagine those Steeler fans euphoria?***** FRANCO*** FRANCO** FRANCO**** lol</P>

The ball hit Tatum in the shoulder, I believe.

jints10
10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Name 2 current Giants who are winners of the Connerly award.

The Connerly award is named after the former Giant Charlie Connerly and is awarded to the best college football player in the state of Mississippi annually.

zimonami
10-06-2009, 09:18 PM

Z</P>

YA was'nt there some rule that if they could prove it hit the Steeler first it was an illegal forward pass. I thought it was something like that. Still , one of the gratest plays in NFL history. Imagine those Steeler fans euphoria? FRANCO FRANCO FRANCO lol</P>

The ball hit Tatum in the shoulder, I believe.</P>

I just watched it, key... you're correct. In watching it I wondered why Tatum never put his hands out to try to catch it, but most of his view was obscured by the Steeler.</P>

It was 4th and 10 from the Pitt 40.</P>

YATittle1962
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM

The Connerly award is named after the former Giant Charlie Connerly and is awarded to the best college football player in the state of Mississippi annually.

I know Eli got one....

I think I remember Boley getting one....could be wrong though....

that just popped in my head......really not sure though....

sure about Eli though

great question

zimonami
10-06-2009, 09:25 PM

</P>

I know Eli is one. I can only guess on the other. Boley and Dockery are from Miss. colleges, so it should be one of them. I'll guess Boley since he was drafted and Dockery was a free agent.</P>

jints10
10-06-2009, 09:27 PM

I know Eli got one....

sure about Eli though

great question

Yes YA Boley won in 2004 and Eli 2001 and 2003

jints10
10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Sorry Zim nice job

SEC105
10-06-2009, 09:33 PM

Z</P>

YA*** was'nt there some rule that if they could prove it hit the Steeler first it was an illegal forward pass. I thought it was something like that. Still , one of the gratest plays in NFL history. Imagine those Steeler fans euphoria?***** FRANCO*** FRANCO** FRANCO**** lol</P>

The ball hit Tatum in the shoulder, I believe.</P>

I just watched it, key... you're correct. In watching it I wondered why Tatum never put his hands out to try to catch it, but most of his view was obscured by the Steeler.</P>

It was 4th and 10 from the Pitt 40.</P>
I always thought the ball hit Tatum also. Maybe I'm wrong on this but I believe Tatum never said publicly it did.......or at least he would never admit it.......which leads me to the question Why?

jvnorth
10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
What member of the 86 SB team sold their SB ring?

YATittle1962
10-06-2009, 10:06 PM

I know Eli got one....

sure about Eli though

great question

Yes YA Boley won in 2004 and Eli 2001 and 2003

I had no idea that Eli got 2......

YATittle1962
10-06-2009, 10:09 PM
What member of the 86 SB team sold their SB ring?

Curtis Mcgriff

rbcarpenter
10-07-2009, 09:40 AM

Z</P>no offense to anyonr here,but i've got some good info on that play
1-the rule at the time was the ball could not be touched by 2 offensive players in a row,so if frenchy fuqua had touched it after tatum,it was an illegal reception,and,
2-more importantly,HARRIS NEVER CAUGHT THE BALL!he caught it on the short hop.every angle of that play i've ever seen,the ball is rotating TOWARD franco.right before he puts his hands on it,it is rotating AWAY from him.i know the steelers were blessed for those 6 years of greatness,but to break the laws of physics?c'mon,now!

rbcarpenter
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
oh,and another famous play that didn't happen(ok,it did,but the refs missed it)was the game winning catch in super bowl 43.sntonio holmes right foot never touched the ground.it was tucked slightly under his left foot,so when he rotated on his left toe and fell out of bounds,his right foot never touched down.watch the play on you tube and see if you can spot it.

zimonami
10-07-2009, 10:44 AM
oh,and another famous play that didn't happen(ok,it did,but the refs missed it)was the game winning catch in super bowl 43.sntonio holmes right foot never touched the ground.it was tucked slightly under his left foot,so when he rotated on his left toe and fell out of bounds,his right foot never touched down.watch the play on you tube and see if you can spot it.</P>

You're exactly right on both this and the Franco reception. They didn't have replay in the Steeler game, but replay last year certainly missed the Holmes non-foot contact. Well, it's history now and the teams that were screwed certainly know they were and have no recourse but to move on.</P>

zimonami
10-07-2009, 01:00 PM
What member of the 86 SB team sold their SB ring? Curtis Mcgriff</P>

I don't know, so I'll have to back YA's answer. But, I'll bet Ingram hocked his '90 ring.</P>

jints10
10-07-2009, 01:24 PM
In 1986 Giants beat the Raiders 14-9 in LA on their way to a 14-2 record and a Super Bowl title.

Who scored both Giant TDs?

Bonus Who kicked the extra points?

YATittle1962
10-07-2009, 01:29 PM
In 1986 Giants beat the Raiders 14-9 in LA on their way to a 14-2 record and a Super Bowl title.

pretty sure Lionel Manuel caught both TDs....

as for the kicker......thats hard to say.....as they were rotating PKs

i know there were a couple other kickers but ill take the safe guess and say Allegre

jints10
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM

i know there were a couple other kickers but ill take the safe guess and say Allegre

Manuel it was but the kicker wasn't Allegre

Yes they were rotating kickers in 86 thats why I made it a bonus question, I'll leave it out there for a little while in case someone else wants to take a stab at it.

YATittle1962
10-07-2009, 01:40 PM

Yes they were rotating kickers in 86 thats why I made it a bonus question, I'll leave it out there for a little while in case someone else wants to take a stab at it.

$10 says Zimmy knows

zimonami
10-07-2009, 01:47 PM

pretty sure Lionel Manuel caught both TDs.... as for the kicker......thats hard to say.....as they were rotating PKs i know there were a couple other kickers but ill take the safe guess and say Allegre

$10 says Zimmy knows</P>

lol... YA puts all the pressure on poor Zimmy.</P>

Well, I'm happy to come through for you, YA. The only reason I know this was from a previous question, probably about 75 pages back, where I asked the question about our scoring leaders that year, and noticed this guys name</P>

Matt Bahr kicked FG's for us on that day, but the most famous Giant, Joe Cooper, kicked the extra points.</P>

jints10
10-07-2009, 01:50 PM

pretty sure Lionel Manuel caught both TDs.... as for the kicker......thats hard to say.....as they were rotating PKs i know there were a couple other kickers but ill take the safe guess and say Allegre

$10 says Zimmy knows</p>

lol... YA puts all the pressure on poor Zimmy.</p>

Well, I'm happy to come through for you, YA. The only reason I know this was from a previous question, probably about 75 pages back, where I asked the question about our scoring leaders that year, and noticed this guys name</p>

Matt Bahr kicked FG's for us on that day, but the most famous Giant, Joe Cooper, kicked the extra points.</p>
The amazing Zim strikes again as it was Joe Cooper!

SEC105
10-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Z</P>

no offense to anyonr here,but i've got some good info on that play 1-the rule at the time was the ball could not be touched by 2 offensive players in a row,so if frenchy fuqua had touched it after tatum,it was an illegal reception,and, 2-more importantly,HARRIS NEVER CAUGHT THE BALL!he caught it on the short hop.every angle of that play i've ever seen,the ball is rotating TOWARD franco.right before he puts his hands on it,it is rotating AWAY from him.i know the steelers were blessed for those 6 years of greatness,but to break the laws of physics?c'mon,now!</P>

Thanks for the clarification RC I new there was some reason Tatum would never admit if he touched that ball I'll check it when I can but it sure looked like Franco caught that ball clean last time I watched it[:)] Can you imagine what replay would have done with thatplay LOL 30 minute delay at least</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
What Giant QB made this quote and what Giant reciever was he talking about?</P>

"it was like throwing to aman riding a motorcycle holding a butterfly net"</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-07-2009, 04:28 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I forget a lot of things I used to know, or have heard, and then I remember them when you ask a question. But, I know for a fact that I never heard this quote. I'm anxious to hear the answer. The only thing I can think of is that it must have been a small and fast receiver... Maybe like a Meggett, which would make the speaker Simms.</P>

jints10
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
What Giant QB made this quote and what Giant reciever was he talking about?</p>

"it was like throwing to aman riding a motorcycle holding a butterfly net"</p>

Z</p>
Just to throw out an answer on this I'll say Fran Tarkinton and Homer Jones

SEC105
10-07-2009, 05:04 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Wow , thats right on the money nice call Jints 10</P>

I got a new book here's another </P>

"I had to crawl just get to him , but when I got up , he still had the ball. It was just a good ,clean hit. I was going for the sack , not to put him out of the game" Which Giant said it and who was he referring to</P>

Z</P>

</P>

zimonami
10-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Good job, jints!</P>

What book is that, SEC?</P>

I'm thinking on the QB sacker... Must have been during the Fran era, if it's from the same book.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
10-07-2009, 08:59 PM

"it was like throwing to a*man riding a motorcycle holding a butterfly net"</P>

Z</P>

Tarkenton to Homer Jones?

YATittle1962
10-07-2009, 09:00 PM
wow I should have read down further....

I feel just a bit silly.....oops

zimonami
10-07-2009, 09:24 PM
wow I should have read down further.... I feel just a bit silly.....oops</P>

lol... yup, looks bad for ya', but an honest mistake. Plus, you were right.</P>

rbcarpenter
10-07-2009, 11:55 PM

"it was like throwing to a*man riding a motorcycle holding a butterfly net"</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Wow , thats right on the money***** nice call Jints 10</P>

I got a new book******* here's another </P>

"I had to crawl just get to him , but when I got up , he still had the ball. It was just a good ,*clean hit. I was going for the sack , not to put him out of the game" Which Giant said it and who was he referring to</P>

Z</P>

*</P>leonard marshall about the hit he put on montana in the 90 nfc title game?

zimonami
10-08-2009, 12:23 AM

Z</P>

</P>

Wow , thats right on the money nice call Jints 10</P>

I got a new book here's another </P>

"I had to crawl just get to him , but when I got up , he still had the ball. It was just a good ,clean hit. I was going for the sack , not to put him out of the game" Which Giant said it and who was he referring to</P>

Z</P>

</P>

leonard marshall about the hit he put on montana in the 90 nfc title game?</P>

I've been thinking about this, and couldn't come up with an answer. </P>

I think you're right, jints. Good job, again. And, if it isn't right, it still fits the situation.</P>

YATittle1962
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
who said this....

"I think when the bottom started to drop out, we didn't recognize it. "

"In trying to scramble out of a hole, it sometimes digs it deeper."

Z

Aaron5611
10-08-2009, 12:53 PM
who said this....

Ray Handley?

Z

YATittle1962
10-08-2009, 01:09 PM
who said this....

Ray Handley?

Z

wasnt Ray

SEC105
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Good job, jints!</P>

What book is that, SEC?</P>

I'm thinking on the QB sacker... Must have been during the Fran era, if it's from the same book.</P>

</P>

</P>

The qb sacker was Leonard Marshal talking about Joe Montana , so you guys were right Z</P>

The book is "The 50 Greatest Plays in New York Giant FootballHistory" written by John Maxymuk foreword by Pat Summerall A buddy of mine gave it to meon opening day this year vs Washington just started looking at it the last few days very interesting</P>

SEC105
10-08-2009, 03:16 PM
who said this.... "I think when the bottom started to drop out, we didn't recognize it. " "In trying to scramble out of a hole, it sometimes digs it deeper." Z</P>

Would it be Allie Sherman YA?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-08-2009, 03:28 PM
who said this.... "I think when the bottom started to drop out, we didn't recognize it. " "In trying to scramble out of a hole, it sometimes digs it deeper." Z</P>

Z</P>

no....that was a tough one....it was Wellington...

he was talking about the Allie years though...

heres another on....

"We played the Cardinals in 1961 down in St. Louis. I picked off three passes in that game. That was the same team that had Sonny Randle, who was obviously gearing up for the next year. A few weeks later, I did the same thing against the Philadephia Eagles - grabbed three of Sonny Jergensen's passes. We won both of those games."

Z

SEC105
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Z</P>

no....that was a tough one....it was Wellington... he was talking about the Allie years though... heres another on.... "We played the Cardinals in 1961 down in St. Louis. I picked off three passes in that game. That was the same team that had Sonny Randle, who was obviously gearing up for the next year. A few weeks later, I did the same thing against the Philadephia Eagles - grabbed three of Sonny Jergensen's passes. We won both of those games." Z</P>

My guess would be ole no.22 **** Lynch</P>

another quote from that book "A great play by a great athlete" John Elway who was he talking about and what play theres a thread on here today about him</P>

YATittle1962
10-08-2009, 06:40 PM

Z</P>

no....that was a tough one....it was Wellington... he was talking about the Allie years though... heres another on.... "We played the Cardinals in 1961 down in St. Louis. I picked off three passes in that game. That was the same team that had Sonny Randle, who was obviously gearing up for the next year. A few weeks later, I did the same thing against the Philadephia Eagles - grabbed three of Sonny Jergensen's passes. We won both of those games." Z</P>

*another quote from that book** "A great play by a great athlete" John Elway******* *who was he talking about and what play********** theres a thread on here today about him*</P>

yup 22 it was SEC.....

on the Elway quote...

George Martin? the interception?

im loving this quote game.....heres one....

"I did have a pretty good year in 1955. Eddie Price and Kyle Rote were banged up and didnt carry the ball much. I carried it the most that year."

who am I?

SEC105
10-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Z</P>

*another quote from that book** "A great play by a great athlete" John Elway******* *who was he talking about and what play********** theres a thread on here today about him*</P>

yup 22 it was SEC.....

on the Elway quote...

"I did have a pretty good year in 1955. Eddie Price and Kyle Rote were banged up and didnt carry the ball much. I carried it the most that year."

who am I?
Yup George Martin and the "interception" YA
I'll try Gifford but not sure he was there in 1955
Z

YATittle1962
10-08-2009, 06:47 PM

Z</P>

yup 22 it was SEC.....

on the Elway quote...

who am I?
Z

Gifford was there in 55 but wasnt him

it was a guy they called Big Red

YATittle1962
10-08-2009, 06:47 PM

Z</P>

yup 22 it was SEC.....

on the Elway quote...

who am I?
Z

jints10
10-08-2009, 07:08 PM
who said this.... "I think when the bottom started to drop out, we didn't recognize it. " "In trying to scramble out of a hole, it sometimes digs it deeper." Z</p>

Would it be Allie Sherman YA?</p>

Z</p>

no....that was a tough one....it was Wellington... he was talking about the Allie years though... heres another on.... "We played the Cardinals in 1961 down in St. Louis. I picked off three passes in that game. That was the same team that had Sonny Randle, who was obviously gearing up for the next year. A few weeks later, I did the same thing against the Philadephia Eagles - grabbed three of Sonny Jergensen's passes. We won both of those games." Z</p>

My guess would be ole no.22 **** Lynch</p>

another quote from that book "A great play by a great athlete" John Elway who was he talking about and what play theres a thread on here today about him</p>

yup 22 it was SEC.....

on the Elway quote...

who am I?
Z

Alex Webster

YATittle1962
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
yup Webster.....

heres another....

"I was very ticked off about the trade. Still am. I make no bones about it. When you do that - trade away your defense,your strong point, and your team comes up winning only two games after it - you deserve to be fired."

who am I?

YATittle1962
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
yup Webster.....

heres another....

"I was very ticked off about the trade. Still am. I make no bones about it. When you do that - trade away your defense,your strong point, and your team comes up winning only two games after it - you deserve to be fired."

who am I?
I know someone knows this

jints10
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
yup Webster.....

heres another....

who am I?

Is it Alex Webster again YA?

YATittle1962
10-12-2009, 02:05 PM
yup Webster.....

heres another....

who am I?

no.....

read it again and think about someone who is still bitter to this day for being traded....

he is talking about Aliie....

zimonami
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
yup Webster..... heres another.... "I was very ticked off about the trade. Still am. I make no bones about it. When you do that - trade away your defense,your strong point, and your team comes up winning only two games after it - you deserve to be fired." who am I? I know someone knows this

no..... read it again and think about someone who is still bitter to this day for being traded.... he is talking about Aliie....</P>

Sam Huff?</P>

If not Sam, I have a second choice.</P>

YATittle1962
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
yup Webster..... heres another.... "I was very ticked off about the trade. Still am. I make no bones about it. When you do that - trade away your defense,your strong point, and your team comes up winning only two games after it - you deserve to be fired." who am I? I know someone knows this

no..... read it again and think about someone who is still bitter to this day for being traded.... he is talking about Aliie....</P>

Sam Huff?</P>

Sam it is...

he may very well be the most bitter ex Giant in history.....

in week one of this season....Sam was at the stadium doing the Redskins broadcast and refused to come downstairs and wear his #70 jersey with the rest of the Alumni during halftime....

now thats bitterness

after the announced each player one by one and they waved wearing their Giant jersey...all 40 plus of them.......they announced......

"......and Sam Huff up in the broadcast booth"

he could have taken a few minutes and showed some love to the fans......

SEC105
10-12-2009, 03:27 PM

Sam Huff?</P>

Sam it is... he may very well be the most bitter ex Giant in history..... in week one of this season....Sam was at the stadium doing the Redskins broadcast and refused to come downstairs and wear his #70 jersey with the rest of the Alumni during halftime.... now thats bitterness after the announced each player one by one and they waved wearing their Giant jersey...all 40 plus of them.......they announced...... "......and Sam Huff up in the broadcast booth" he could have taken a few minutes and showed some love to the fans......</P>

He really should have have shown some love to the fans opening day. It's not likewe traded him and NO ONE wanted to him go. He mustknow that.</P>

Anyways , we recieved **** James and one other player in the Huff trade from Washington. Anyone recall who the other player was. He played defensive line for a few years</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Sam Huff?</P>

Sam it is... he may very well be the most bitter ex Giant in history..... in week one of this season....Sam was at the stadium doing the Redskins broadcast and refused to come downstairs and wear his #70 jersey with the rest of the Alumni during halftime.... now thats bitterness after the announced each player one by one and they waved wearing their Giant jersey...all 40 plus of them.......they announced...... "......and Sam Huff up in the broadcast booth" he could have taken a few minutes and showed some love to the fans......</P>

He really should have have shown some love to the fans opening day. It's not likewe traded him and NO ONE wanted to him go. He mustknow that.</P>

Anyways , we recieved **** James and one other player in the Huff trade from Washington. Anyone recall who the other player was. He played defensive line for a few years</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good one, SEC (pay back?)</P>

I think that was Andy Stynchula... a decent D Lineman</P>

YATittle1962
10-13-2009, 12:24 AM

Sam Huff?</P>

He really should have have shown some love to the fans opening day. It's not like*we traded him and NO ONE wanted to him go. He must*know that.</P>

Z</P>

</P>

he was decent....

still no reason to break up the chemistry this D had for years

zimonami
10-13-2009, 11:10 AM

Sam Huff?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

he was decent.... still no reason to break up the chemistry this D had for years</P>

And still could have had. You don't give up an all pro LB for a 'decent' D lineman. But, it was the point Allie was trying to make... that HE was the future key to success. That his coaching could transcend the great old players and chemistry, and that he could remake the Giants and be successful.</P>

NOT. Oh, how he failed! The bad part was how many years the Mara's took to realize it... even after years of "Goodbye Allie". Then they tried to pay back the fans by bringingback one of those old heroes. Well, Red had no chance with the scrap heap that Allie left behind.</P>

YATittle1962
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
yeah Zim......poor Webster

I was pulling for him so hard.....he actually had couple pretty good seasons.....

I think Well was a bit of a push over for people he cared about sometimes....as we all are.....

he made decisions with his heart over his head sometimes.....that had its pros as well as its cons....

that whole mind state is gone now......and this also has its pros and cons.....

another quote....

"I decided to retire after the 1966 season. I'd been around for nine years, and '66 had been less than memorable. We only won one game, lost twelve, and tied one. And I was pretty established in the business by that time. Still, its hard to walk away from the game. I remember Harland Svare, Who was one of our linebackers when I first came to the Giants, asked me to come back and play and coach for another year. He'd just taken over as the Giants defensive coach. At the time I was working for Shorewood Pressin the printing business, and I was making more money there than I was playing football."

who am I?

zimonami
10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow, YA... this is a tough one. I don't think I'm gonna get it. I'm thinking Jimmy Patton and Joe Morrison ended their careers in '66, but both of them were with us for more than 9 years.</P>

I'll look forward to the answer.</P>

</P>

Meanwhile, about Allie. Why did the Mara's wait so long, besides their own in-fighting?</P>

Was it perhaps... they lost Vince and Landry, and they were, within a few seasons, showing their mettle as head coaches. Do you think the Mara's knew they blew it, but didn't want to admit they made the wrong choices and they kept Allie around in hopes that he actually would turn the team around, and justify their decisions? Just reaching, but they sure allowed Allie to overstay his welcome by about 3 years.</P>

zimonami
10-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Wow, YA... this is a tough one. I don't think I'm gonna get it. I'm thinking Jimmy Patton and Joe Morrison ended their careers in '66, but both of them were with us for more than 9 years.</P>

I'll look forward to the answer.</P>

</P>

Meanwhile, about Allie. Why did the Mara's wait so long, besides their own in-fighting?</P>

Was it perhaps... they lost Vince and Landry, and they were, within a few seasons, showing their mettle as head coaches. Do you think the Mara's knew they blew it, but didn't want to admit they made the wrong choices and they kept Allie around in hopes that he actually would turn the team around, and justify their decisions? Just reaching, but they sure allowed Allie to overstay his welcome by about 3 years.</P>

</P>

lol... he overtsayed his welcome by many more than 3 years. Should have been canned after the '65 season. There was no excuse to keep him after the '66 disaster. I'll say there was no excuse for '66-'69, 4 seasons.</P>

SEC105
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds like Jimmy Patton to me also with that qoute YA put up. Could also be **** Lynch</P>

Sundays game against the Raidershad something that has only been seen a few times [maybe once]before reguarding the3QBs who played in the game. Ant one got an idea what it was?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Sounds like Jimmy Patton to me also with that qoute YA put up. Could also be **** Lynch</P>

Sundays game against the Raidershad something that has only been seen a few times [maybe once]before reguarding the3QBs who played in the game. Ant one got an idea what it was?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

All three were #1 picks.</P>

SEC105
10-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Sundays game against the Raiders*had something that has only been seen a few times [maybe once]*before reguarding the*3QBs who played in the game. Ant one got an idea what it was?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yup , that was it Z. Did they mention that one on TV Sunday? Have not had a chance to catch the DVR of the game yet.
Who was the first Saint to rush for a 1000 yards in season?

zimonami
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Yup , that was it Z. Did they mention that one on TV Sunday? Have not had a chance to catch the DVR of the game yet. Who was the first Saint to rush for a 1000 yards in season?</P>

I'll guess Chuck Muncie. </P>

zimonami
10-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Yup , that was it Z. Did they mention that one on TV Sunday? Have not had a chance to catch the DVR of the game yet. Who was the first Saint to rush for a 1000 yards in season?</P>

I wish I knew the answer, SEC. They didn't carry the game on my NE PA CBS station. I listened to radio. I'm also afraid I'll miss this weeks game. I used to get FOX out of NY City, but they cut that out for some reason and I only get a PA FOX, which will carry the Eagles.</P>

SEC105
10-13-2009, 08:42 PM

Sundays game against the Raiders*had something that has only been seen a few times [maybe once]*before reguarding the*3QBs who played in the game. Ant one got an idea what it was?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I wish I knew the answer, SEC. They didn't carry the game on my NE PA CBS station.* I listened to radio.* I'm also afraid I'll miss this weeks game. I used to get FOX out of NY City, but they cut that out for some reason and I only get a PA FOX, which will carry the Eagles.</P>
Yea Z , it was Chuck Muncie Heres one more which saint has the most TD passes in one game? Not who we all would think it is

Thats rough when they cut the Giants out of FOX down there. I have cable but there's some dispute [money] between them and the NFL over the rights to the NFL network so we can't get it on Long Island unless we switch to Satellite ,which is not gonna happen

zimonami
10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Yea Z , it was Chuck Muncie Heres one more which saint has the most TD passes in one game? Not who we all would think it is Thats rough when they cut the Giants out of FOX down there. I have cable but there's some dispute [money] between them and the NFL over the rights to the NFL network so we can't get it on Long Island unless we switch to Satellite ,which is not gonna happen</P>

Well, I'd think Brees, from his first week's work... 6.</P>

If it's not him, then I'd guess Archie. But, can't believe he threw 7. I think there are 3 QB's who have thriwn 7... YA being one of them.</P>

Now I gots to think back on who came after Archie.</P>

SEC105
10-13-2009, 09:22 PM
***Yea Z , it was Chuck Muncie Heres one more which saint has the most TD passes in one game? Not who we all would think it is Thats rough when they cut the Giants out of FOX down there. I have cable but there's some dispute [money] between them and the NFL over the rights to the NFL network so we can't get it on Long Island unless we switch to Satellite ,which is not gonna happen</P>

Well, I'd think Brees, from his first week's work... 6.</P>

If it's not him, then I'd guess Archie.* But, can't believe he threw 7. I think there are 3 QB's who have thriwn 7... YA being one of them.</P>

Now I gots to think back on who came after Archie.</P>
Forgot about Brees this year , 6 is it but he tied this Saint from many years ago. Not Archie , sorry for confusion. You will remember him immediatly when you hear his name