PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

zimonami
10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Yea Z , it was Chuck Muncie Heres one more which saint has the most TD passes in one game? Not who we all would think it is Thats rough when they cut the Giants out of FOX down there. I have cable but there's some dispute [money] between them and the NFL over the rights to the NFL network so we can't get it on Long Island unless we switch to Satellite ,which is not gonna happen</P>

Well, I'd think Brees, from his first week's work... 6.</P>

If it's not him, then I'd guess Archie. But, can't believe he threw 7. I think there are 3 QB's who have thriwn 7... YA being one of them.</P>

Now I gots to think back on who came after Archie.</P>

Forgot about Brees this year , 6 is it but he tied this Saint from many years ago. Not Archie , sorry for confusion. You will remember him immediatly when you hear his name</P>

The only other Saint QB who comes to mind is Bobby Hebert.</P>

rbcarpenter
10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
how about billy kilmer?

SEC105
10-14-2009, 09:15 AM
how about billy kilmer?
Billy Kilmer it was RC.........nice call
What former huge defensive end of the Bears spent the last part of his career with the Saints around late sixties

zimonami
10-14-2009, 12:08 PM
how about billy kilmer? Billy Kilmer it was RC.........nice call What former huge defensive end of the Bears spent the last part of his career with the Saints around late sixties</P>

good call, rbc. I didn't even remember that Kilmer played for the saints.</P>

</P>

Doug Atkins. He was a monster... amaniac, masquerading as a football player</P>

YATittle1962
10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
how about billy kilmer? Billy Kilmer it was RC.........nice call What former huge defensive end of the Bears spent the last part of his career with the Saints around late sixties</P>

good call, rbc.* I didn't even remember that Kilmer played for the saints.</P>

*</P>

Doug Atkins.* He was a monster... a*maniac, masquerading as a football player</P>

Doug Atkins.....the only man in history to scare me through the television set...

well maybe Mike Curtis to.....and possibly Jack Lambert

SEC105
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP2G7UtS9I&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=62774F57FDD 7AC48&amp;playnext=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=7</P>

wonder how this guy felt the next day after introducing himself to MR. CURTIS LOL</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM

good call, rbc. I didn't even remember that Kilmer played for the saints.</P>

</P>

Doug Atkins. He was a monster... amaniac, masquerading as a football player</P>

Doug Atkins.....the only man in history to scare me through the television set... well maybe Mike Curtis to.....and possibly Jack Lambert</P>

Yeah... Lambert without his teeth. Scary dude.</P>

zimonami
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP2G7UtS9I&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=62774F57FDD 7AC48&amp;playnext=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=7</P>

wonder how this guy felt the next day after introducing himself to MR. CURTIS LOL</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Hahaha... I remember that. Dude's that walk on to the footballfield almost always get tackled. A nice wakeup call.</P>

SEC105
10-14-2009, 04:20 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hahaha... I remember that. Dude's that walk on to the footballfield almost always get tackled. A nice wakeup call.</P>

</P>

Think that made a few fans have second thoughts about running onto a football field after seeing Curtis cream that guy?[;)]</P>

YATittle1962
10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
what season did the Giants first play the Saints?

who was the Saints QB in that game?

...and how long had the Saints been in existence ?

Z

rbcarpenter
10-14-2009, 09:16 PM
how about billy kilmer?holy battuurds,batman,i was RIGHT?i just threw that out there for the heck of it!lol!

zimonami
10-14-2009, 10:40 PM
how about billy kilmer?holy battuurds,batman,i was RIGHT?i just threw that out there for the heck of it!lol!
</P>

hahaha, rbc. That old saying... Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.</P>

Heck, until you mentioned Kilmer I had totally forgotten he even played for NO.</P>

zimonami
10-14-2009, 11:01 PM
what season did the Giants first play the Saints? who was the Saints QB in that game? ...and how long had the Saints been in existence ? Z</P>

NO came in the first season of the Super Bowl... 1967, when they had all those stupid divisions... Capitol, Coastal, Century.</P>

We played them that first year, but I can'r remember who their QB was. Archie didn't come along until '71</P>

YATittle1962
10-15-2009, 01:20 PM
what season did the Giants first play the Saints? who was the Saints QB in that game? ...and how long had the Saints been in existence ? Z</P>

NO came in the first season of the Super Bowl... 1967, when they had all those stupid divisions... Capitol, Coastal, Century.</P>

We played them that first year, but I can'r remember who their QB was. Archie didn't come along until '71</P>

right on Zimmy...
and the QB was Gary Cuozzo...the long time Colt and Viking.....spent one year with the Saints......

the last time we played the Saints who was the only defender to get to Brees?

zimonami
10-15-2009, 04:09 PM

right on Zimmy... and the QB was Gary Cuozzo...the long time Colt and Viking.....spent one year with the Saints...... the last time we played the Saints who was the only defender to get to Brees?</P>

Methinks it would be Osi.</P>

SEC105
10-15-2009, 04:11 PM

right on Zimmy... and the QB was Gary Cuozzo...the long time Colt and Viking.....spent one year with the Saints...... the last time we played the Saints who was the only defender to get to Brees?</P>

Not sure who got to Brees YA but I'll take a guess and say Strahan</P>

When Archie was finally traded from the Saints what team did he go to? The Saints had aquired another famous but older QB to replace Archie if remember correctly. Anyone remember who it was?</P>

zimonami
10-15-2009, 05:41 PM

When Archie was finally traded from the Saints what team did he go to? The Saints had aquired another famous but older QB to replace Archie if remember correctly. Anyone remember who it was?</P>

</P>

Musical chairs for aging QB's. Archie left for Houston and Kenny Stabler came to NO.</P>

Not sure how may seasons AQrchie played at NO, but he finished his career at Minny.</P>

SEC105
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM

</P>

Musical chairs for aging QB's.* Archie left for Houston and Kenny Stabler came to NO.</P>

Not sure how may seasons AQrchie played at NO, but he finished his career at Minny.</P>
Thats it Z Right on the money Do you remember if Archie wanted out of NO or they just decided to get rid of him. Stabler could not have been much of an upgrade at that point.
Anyone recall the name of the New Orleans francise team in the Arena football league? I always thought it was pretty unique

YATittle1962
10-15-2009, 08:42 PM

Methinks it would be Osi.</P>

yup it was Osi

zimonami
10-15-2009, 09:25 PM

</P>

Musical chairs for aging QB's. Archie left for Houston and Kenny Stabler came to NO.</P>

Thats it Z Right on the money Do you remember if Archie wanted out of NO or they just decided to get rid of him. Stabler could not have been much of an upgrade at that point. Anyone recall the name of the New Orleans francise team in the Arena football league? I always thought it was pretty unique</P>

I can't remember, but I'd guess Archie was shown the door... I'd guess he didn't ask out.</P>

</P>

Wasn't it the New orleans Voo-Doo? They had little dolls made up, and dressed them in their next opponent's uni's, and they would stick these pins...</P>

SEC105
10-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Yup it was the New Orleans Voo Doo Z and I do remember the pins in the dolls LOL. I got a kick out that stuff. I should not say to much or they may make one of yours truly. Those guys take that voodoo very seriously down in that neck of the woods [insert wink]

YATittle1962
10-15-2009, 11:34 PM
in 1972...Saints @ Giants.....

Archie threw 4 picks...

can you name the 4 DBs that ruined Archies day?

zimonami
10-16-2009, 12:08 AM
in 1972...Saints @ Giants..... Archie threw 4 picks... can you name the 4 DBs that ruined Archies day?</P>

So, there were 4 different Gmen with an INT.</P>

That makes it easier... just got to remember our DB's back then,,, Spider, Willie Williams and Richmond Flowers are 3... can't recall the 4th.</P>

SEC105
10-16-2009, 09:58 AM
in 1972...Saints @ Giants..... Archie threw 4 picks... can you name the 4 DBs that ruined Archies day?</P>

That makes it easier... just got to remember our DB's back then,,, Spider, Willie Williams and Richmond Flowers are 3... can't recall the 4th.</P>
I'll throw in Eldridge Small sp into the mix. Pretty sure he was a top draft pick
Z

zimonami
10-16-2009, 11:21 AM

I'll throw in Eldridge Small sp into the mix. Pretty sure he was a top draft pick Z</P>

Wow, I forgot all about Eldridge. Good stab. I looked the answer up... my first three are correct, and the 4th guy was Chuck Crist</P>

zimonami
10-16-2009, 11:26 AM

I'll throw in Eldridge Small sp into the mix. Pretty sure he was a top draft pick Z</P>

Small was our 1st pick in the '72 draft, out of Texas A&amp;M. He only played 3 seasons with us, and was then gone from Football. he had 1 INT in his last year, '74.</P>

Geez, I totally forgot about this guy... and forgot he was a #1 (17th overall pick). Another wasted #1 pick for the Gmen</P>

YATittle1962
10-16-2009, 12:23 PM
what is the Giants all time record vs the Saints?

...and what Saints QB has the most single game yards against the Giants?

zimonami
10-16-2009, 06:12 PM
what is the Giants all time record vs the Saints? ...and what Saints QB has the most single game yards against the Giants?</P>

I'll guess we're 15-6 against.</P>

No clue, but I'll guess Bobby Hebert</P>

YATittle1962
10-17-2009, 03:38 PM
what is the Giants all time record vs the Saints? ...and what Saints QB has the most single game yards against the Giants?</P>

I'll guess we're 15-6 against.</P>

No clue, but I'll guess Bobby Hebert</P>

Giants are 14 - 10 all time vs Saints....

and the QB is Aaron Brooks 375 yds in 2005

YATittle1962
10-17-2009, 07:53 PM
in 1981 against the Saints......

2 Saints QBs threw 1 pick each....

who were those Saints QBs?

...and what Giants had those pics?

zimonami
10-17-2009, 10:56 PM
in 1981 against the Saints...... 2 Saints QBs threw 1 pick each.... who were those Saints QBs? ...and what Giants had those pics?</P>

This is a tough one. Archie and, the only other NO QB I can remember from back then was Dave Wilson.</P>

Gotto go with Beesley and Terry Jackson on the INT's.</P>

rbcarpenter
10-17-2009, 11:00 PM
dave wilson and booby scott,currier and reese on the int's

rbcarpenter
10-17-2009, 11:01 PM
dave wilson and booby scott,currier and reese on the int'si meant bobby:)

YATittle1962
10-18-2009, 12:03 AM

off the top of yr head rbc?

YATittle1962
10-21-2009, 12:47 AM
1970 was the first year the Giants and Cardinals were division rivals.....NFC East....

in their very first game as division rivals the Giants won 35 - 17

Jim Hart threw 2 picks......

LB Ralph Heck had one.....

.....and the other one was by a DB from Lyndhurst NJ who was drafted by the Eagles out of Notre Dame in 1965....

who was he?

zimonami
10-21-2009, 11:22 AM
1970 was the first year the Giants and Cardinals were division rivals.....NFC East.... in their very first game as division rivals the Giants won 35 - 17 Jim Hart threw 2 picks...... LB Ralph Heck had one..... .....and the other one was by a DB from Lyndhurst NJ who was drafted by the Eagles out of Notre Dame in 1965.... who was he?</P>

I waited on this one in case anyone else knew. I had to look it up... believe it was Tom Longo. I don't remember him, and I barely remember Ralph Heck.</P>

That was a really tough one, YA. These were not Giant household names...lol.</P>

YATittle1962
10-21-2009, 01:09 PM
1970 was the first year the Giants and Cardinals were division rivals.....NFC East.... in their very first game as division rivals the Giants won 35 - 17 Jim Hart threw 2 picks...... LB Ralph Heck had one..... .....and the other one was by a DB from Lyndhurst NJ who was drafted by the Eagles out of Notre Dame in 1965.... who was he?</P>

I waited on this one in case anyone else knew.* I had to look it up... believe it was Tom Longo.* I don't remember him, and I barely remember Ralph Heck.</P>

That was a really tough one, YA.* These were not Giant household names...lol.</P>

not house hold names at all Zimmy.....

I remember Longo because he was a local High School star.....he was always in the papers....

when he became a giant it was a big deal in NJ

rbcarpenter
10-21-2009, 02:36 PM

off the top of yr head rbc?had to think about it for 20 25 minutes and it was still a guess....lol!

SEC105
10-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Who did the Cardinals play and what was the outcome in their final game in St. Louis? {Busch Stadium I believe}</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Who did the Cardinals play and what was the outcome in their final game in St. Louis? {Busch Stadium I believe}</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I only remember this because it was against our Gmen. This was the rotten strike year after our first SB win and we went down in flames. We started out 0-2 and then our Strike replacements were assembled last minute and they played poorly in their 3 games, so we were 0-5 when the core players returned. Ended the season at 6-9. A bummer, and we lost to the Cardinals in their last home game, but I can't remember the score.</P>

A good question, SEC. Those poor cardinals had trouble getting 15-20,000 every game. </P>

SEC105
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I only remember this because it was against our Gmen. This was the rotten strike year after our first SB win and we went down in flames. We started out 0-2 and then our Strike replacements were assembled last minute and they played poorly in their 3 games, so we were 0-5 when the core players returned. Ended the season at 6-9. A bummer, and we lost to the Cardinals in their last home game, but I can't remember the score.</P>

A good question, SEC. Those poor cardinals had trouble getting 15-20,000 every game. </P>

</P>

Thats it Z. I remember that game also ............bad year all around for our GMen. I also recall the radio people in St Louis made a song about Bidwell moving [bailing out]the teamto Phoenix. Quite a funny song but many there were pissed off</P>

What was the nickame of the high flying Cardinal offense led by Jim Hart?.... .say about mid 70s</P>

zimonami
10-21-2009, 10:27 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Thats it Z. I remember that game also ............bad year all around for our GMen. I also recall the radio people in St Louis made a song about Bidwell moving [bailing out]the teamto Phoenix. Quite a funny song but many there were pissed off</P>

What was the nickame of the high flying Cardinal offense led by Jim Hart?.... .say about mid 70s</P>

</P>

The high powered offense was called "Air Coryell". After being doormats of the NFC East, the Cards finally broke through around '74, '75, making the playoffs a few years. I thought Hart was a good QB and Don Coryell a good coach, with a good offensive mind.Since we were in that bad stretch, it was easyto root for the Cards to beat our other NFC East foes.</P>

YATittle1962
10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
I remember a nick name the press was using in the 1970s for the Cardinals......

it was very similar to what they refer to the Bengals as these days.....

anyone remember?

zimonami
10-21-2009, 11:17 PM
I remember a nick name the press was using in the 1970s for the Cardinals...... it was very similar to what they refer to the Bengals as these days..... anyone remember?</P>

That's killing me, YA. On the tip of my brain and I can't extract it.</P>

Hopefully someone else, with a sharper brain, will remember.</P>

Here's one... We all remember Ray Rhodes, our WR of the late 70's who was successfully switched to DB. Keeping with the Cardinals theme and switching positions, the Cards had a DB in the 80's who was switched to WR, and he was very successful... who was he?</P>

rbcarpenter
10-22-2009, 01:49 AM

anyone remember?it was either the cardiac cardinals or the cardiac kids,can't remember which.

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM

anyone remember?it was either the cardiac cardinals or the cardiac kids,can't remember which.

Cardiac Cardinals it was....nice rbc

Kurt Warner threw 6 TDs as a giant.....

who caught those balls?

SEC105
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
I remember a nick name the press was using in the 1970s for the Cardinals...... it was very similar to what they refer to the Bengals as these days..... anyone remember?</P>

Here's one... We all remember Ray Rhodes, our WR of the late 70's who was successfully switched to DB. Keeping with the Cardinals theme and switching positions, the Cards had a DB in the 80's who was switched to WR, and he was very successful... who was he?</P>

</P>

I think that would be Roy Green Z but not positive</P>

SEC105
10-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I remember a nick name the press was using in the 1970s for the Cardinals...... it was very similar to what they refer to the Bengals as these days..... anyone remember?it was either the cardiac cardinals or the cardiac kids,can't remember which. Cardiac Cardinals it was....nice rbc Kurt Warner threw 6 TDs as a giant..... who caught those balls?</P>

I'll throw a couple outthere YA for a start. How about Shockey and Toomer and Tiki?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I remember a nick name the press was using in the 1970s for the Cardinals...... it was very similar to what they refer to the Bengals as these days..... anyone remember?it was either the cardiac cardinals or the cardiac kids,can't remember which. Cardiac Cardinals it was....nice rbc Kurt Warner threw 6 TDs as a giant..... who caught those balls?</P>

I'll throw a couple out*there YA for a start. How about Shockey and Toomer and Tiki?</P>

4 were to Shockey
1 to Tiki

one left...who was it?

I remember it like it was yesterday...Im pretty sure it was his first TD pass as a Giant....

was a pretty big play against a divisional rival

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM

That's killing me, YA.* On the tip of my brain and I can't extract it.</P>

Here's one... We all remember Ray Rhodes, our WR of the late 70's who was successfully switched to DB.* Keeping with the Cardinals theme and switching positions, the Cards had a DB in the 80's who was switched to WR, and he was very successful... who was he?</P>

</P>

wow I totally missed this question....

I would agree with Roy Green...

wasnt he a pretty good return man as well?

SEC105
10-22-2009, 03:20 PM

</P>

wow I totally missed this question.... I would agree with Roy Green... wasnt he a pretty good return man as well?</P>

Yes , I think he was returning kicks from the time he was drafted [when he was still a DB]. I know he was a pro bowler at one point but I think it was as a WR</P>

Still working on that other TD pass by Warner...............not sure if he was still there but could it have Ron Dayne?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 03:27 PM

Here's one... We all remember Ray Rhodes, our WR of the late 70's who was successfully switched to DB.* Keeping with the Cardinals theme and switching positions, the Cards had a DB in the 80's who was switched to WR, and he was very successful... who was he?</P>

</P>

wow I totally missed this question.... I would agree with Roy Green... wasnt he a pretty good return man as well?</P>

Yes , I think he was returning kicks from the time he was drafted [when he was still a DB]. I know he was a pro bowler at one point but I think it was as a WR</P>

Still working on that other TD pass by Warner...............not sure if he was still there but could it have Ron Dayne?</P>

wasnt Dayne....

was the guy who was supposed to be our "big play" guy....but never really materialized

RoanokeFan
10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Who is the all time leader in total all purpose yards gained in a single game?

SEC105
10-22-2009, 03:36 PM

</P>

wasnt Dayne.... was the guy who was supposed to be our "big play" guy....but never really materialized</P>

I'm going to keep throwing out names cause this is bugging me LOL...........Tim Carter?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 03:45 PM

</P>

wasnt Dayne.... was the guy who was supposed to be our "big play" guy....but never really materialized</P>

I'm going to keep throwing out names cause this is bugging me LOL...........Tim Carter?</P>

nailed it

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 03:49 PM

isnt it Domenik Hixon?

RoanokeFan
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM

isnt it Domenik Hixon?

BINGO!! And it happened against the Saints.

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 03:54 PM

isnt it Domenik Hixon?

he was third before that game I think.....behind Tiki and Del Shofner I think....

he is a beast on the ruturns....

he feasted on the Cardinals last season.....lets hope for another one of those....

SEC105
10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Heres one for you guys. What Stadium did the Cardinals play in after first moving to Arizona?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Heres one for you guys. What Stadium did the Cardinals play in after first moving to Arizona?</P>

Z</P>

was it not Sundevil?

SEC105
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM

Z</P>

was it not Sundevil?</P>

Yes it was , theres alot of transplanted Giant fans who live out there as you surely know. Good People[:D]</P>

What famous [legend]college coach was hired by the Cardinals around the late seventies?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Z</P>

was it not Sundevil?</P>

Yes it was , theres alot of transplanted Giant fans who live out there as you surely know. Good People[:D]</P>

What famous [legend]*college coach was hired by the Cardinals around the late seventies?</P>

Z</P>

Bud Wilkinson was a long time Oklahoma coach....

fantastic question

RoanokeFan
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM

isnt it Domenik Hixon?

he was third before that game I think.....behind Tiki and Del Shofner I think....

he is a beast on the ruturns....

he feasted on the Cardinals last season.....lets hope for another one of those....

I think that's right. The record he broke on Sunday stood for 61 years. That's so hard to imagine given the changes that have taken place in the game.

zimonami
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM

</P>

</P>

Bingo, SEC.</P>

zimonami
10-22-2009, 07:42 PM
isnt it Domenik Hixon?</P>

I'm glad you answered this YA... after I read RF's question I was wracking my brain to remember the all time leader in the NFL... not just our Gmen.</P>

Good to have you throw some nice questions oiut there for us Roanoke.</P>

</P>

Bud Wilkerson... I always thought he was like a fish out of water coaching in the pros. He was happier with coaching guys playing in college... not guys playing for a paycheck.</P>

zimonami
10-22-2009, 08:00 PM
In 1981 Neil Lomax was a rookie and started the Cards first two games. He played poorly, so Coach Hanifan put the vet QB, Jim Hart, back as starter. Despite winning the next 2 of 3 Hanifan gave the sixth game start, against the Giants in the Meadowlands, backto Lomax.</P>

In hisvery first play from scrimmage Lomax came to the line, looked at the defense, and quickly called a time-out. After that first Card series, although Lomax was 2 for 3, Hanifan put Hart back in the finish the game.</P>

Why did Lomax call timne out? And, why did Hanifan pull Lomax out of the game?</P>

It was one of the funniest, and saddest things I've ever seen happen in a pro game.</P>

YATittle1962
10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
In 1981 Neil Lomax was a rookie and started the Cards first two games. He played poorly, so Coach Hanifan put the vet QB, Jim Hart, back as starter.* Despite winning the next 2 of 3 Hanifan gave the sixth game start, against the Giants in the Meadowlands, back*to Lomax.</P>

In his*very first play from scrimmage Lomax came to the line, looked at the defense, and quickly called a time-out.* After that first Card series, although Lomax was 2 for 3, Hanifan put Hart back in the finish the game.</P>

Why did Lomax call timne out? And, why did Hanifan pull Lomax out of the game?</P>

It was one of the funniest, and saddest things I've ever seen happen in a pro game.</P>

I was at that game Zim.....

I hope I am remembering the right game.....My son and I talk about this to this day....

didnt he call a TO out of fear of LT?

Im pretty sure he was about to come unblocked as soon as the ball snapped.....

did he pull him out because LT had him r***led?

zimonami
10-22-2009, 11:36 PM
In 1981 Neil Lomax was a rookie and started the Cards first two games. He played poorly, so Coach Hanifan put the vet QB, Jim Hart, back as starter. Despite winning the next 2 of 3 Hanifan gave the sixth game start, against the Giants in the Meadowlands, backto Lomax.</P>

In hisvery first play from scrimmage Lomax came to the line, looked at the defense, and quickly called a time-out. After that first Card series, although Lomax was 2 for 3, Hanifan put Hart back in the finish the game.</P>

I was at that game Zim..... I hope I am remembering the right game.....My son and I talk about this to this day.... didnt he call a TO out of fear of LT? Im pretty sure he was about to come unblocked as soon as the ball snapped..... did he pull him out because LT had him r***led?</P>

Right on the money, YA.</P>

Lomax came to the line, looked at LT, ready to come and no one assigned to block him, and from where I sit, 19 rows up at the 37 yard line, Lomax's line of sight to LT was directly towards me. Honestly, the fear in his eyes was quick, and real. He called time out. </P>

Like I said, it was both funny and sad. Hanifan took Lomax out after their first series, even though Lomax was 2/3. He was totally intimidated.</P>

Also goes to show that after only 5 games, LT had already established a rep. He wasn't one of those rooks that took time to develop, as you know. His impact was immediate.</P>

SEC105
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
In 1981 Neil Lomax was a rookie and started the Cards first two games. He played poorly, so Coach Hanifan put the vet QB, Jim Hart, back as starter.* Despite winning the next 2 of 3 Hanifan gave the sixth game start, against the Giants in the Meadowlands, back*to Lomax.</P>

In his*very first play from scrimmage Lomax came to the line, looked at the defense, and quickly called a time-out.* After that first Card series, although Lomax was 2 for 3, Hanifan put Hart back in the finish the game.</P>

I was at that game Zim..... I hope I am remembering the right game.....My son and I talk about this to this day.... didnt he call a TO out of fear of LT? Im pretty sure he was about to come unblocked as soon as the ball snapped..... did he pull him out because LT had him r***led?</P>

Lomax came to the line, looked at LT, ready to come and no one assigned to block him, and from where I sit, 19 rows up at the 37 yard line, Lomax's line of sight to LT was directly towards me.* Honestly, the fear in his eyes was quick, and real.* He called time out.* </P>

Like I said, it was both funny and sad.* Hanifan took Lomax out after their first series, even though Lomax was 2/3. He was totally intimidated.</P>

Also goes to show that after only 5 games, LT had already established a rep.* He wasn't one of those rooks that took time to develop, as you know.* His impact was immediate.</P>
I do remember that. What a presence LT brought to the Giants even early on . That's a great memory. Nice one Z
Here's one..a quote...."SHOW ME THE MONEY" What fictitious Cardinal player stated this in "Jerry Maquire" the movie

YATittle1962
10-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Lomax came to the line, looked at LT, ready to come and no one assigned to block him, and from where I sit, 19 rows up at the 37 yard line, Lomax's line of sight to LT was directly towards me.* Honestly, the fear in his eyes was quick, and real.* He called time out.* </P>

Like I said, it was both funny and sad.* Hanifan took Lomax out after their first series, even though Lomax was 2/3. He was totally intimidated.</P>

Also goes to show that after only 5 games, LT had already established a rep.* He wasn't one of those rooks that took time to develop, as you know.* His impact was immediate.</P>
I do remember that. What a presence LT brought to the Giants even early on . That's a great memory. Nice one Z
Here's one..a quote...."SHOW ME THE MONEY" What fictitious Cardinal player stated this in "Jerry Maquire" the movie

hahahahaha he was played by Cuba Gooding Jr. but cant remember the characters name....

he was a WR though.....typical

SEC105
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
"Rod Tidwell YA....................that movie had me at hello LOL I watched it not to long ago</P>

what Giant holds the record for the most TD passes in one game against the ST Louis Cardinals?</P>

Z</P>

UK-Giantsfan
10-23-2009, 04:19 PM
"Rod Tidwell YA....................that movie had me at hello* LOL** I watched it not to long ago</P>

what Giant holds the record for the most TD passes in one game against the ST Louis Cardinals?</P>

Z</P>

was it Earnest Gray ????? in the early 80's

SEC105
10-23-2009, 04:28 PM
"Rod Tidwell YA....................that movie had me at hello LOL I watched it not to long ago</P>

Z</P>

was it Earnest Gray ????? in the early 80's</P>

Not sure UK but that sounds right.........I'll need some backup help on that one . I was referring to who threw [QB]them. I should have been a little more specific..........sorry about that</P>

z</P>

UK-Giantsfan
10-23-2009, 04:38 PM
"Rod Tidwell YA....................that movie had me at hello* LOL** I watched it not to long ago</P>

Z</P>

Not sure UK but that sounds right.........I'll need some backup help on that one . I was referring to who threw [QB]*them. I should have been a little more specific..........sorry about that</P>

z</P>

sorry i misread your Q

i remember a game when i was about 11 or 12 in Simms 2nd or 3rd season ........where Gray caught 4 or 5 TD's against the Cards ......long time ago and it was my first real sightings of the G men from afar

does anyone else remember that game ?

zimonami
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Z</P>

Not sure UK but that sounds right.........I'll need some backup help on that one . I was referring to who threw [QB]them. I should have been a little more specific..........sorry about that</P>

z</P>

</P>

hahaha... thank you UK-Giants fan, and thanks for contributing.You answering Ernest Gray gives me the answer to who threw them... Phil Simms.</P>

I think Ernest and Phil hooked up 4 times in the '80 season against the Cards. I liked Ernest, but he dropped too many 3rd down passes over his career. He had a lot of talent and was a good guy, but frequently took his eyes off the ball trying to get those YAC. </P>

UK-Giantsfan
10-23-2009, 04:53 PM
great thread guys .........keep it up ........havent been here on the boards much recently ......but have enjoyed reading some of this one ......you guys know your stuff

regards
UK

SEC105
10-23-2009, 04:54 PM

Z</P>

z</P>

</P>

hahaha... thank you UK-Giants fan, and thanks for contributing.You answering Ernest Gray gives me the answer to who threw them... Phil Simms.</P>

I think Ernest and Phil hooked up 4 times in the '80 season against the Cards. I liked Ernest, but he dropped too many 3rd down passes over his career. He had a lot of talent and was a good guy, but frequently took his eyes off the ball trying to get those YAC. </P>

</P>

Right on Z and thanks for confirming it was Earnest Gray hooking up with Simms. There was another Giant QB who threw 5 TD passesagainst theSt Louis Cardinals..........you guys got any idea who it was?</P>

UK-Giantsfan
10-23-2009, 05:09 PM
YA in 62 or 63 perhaps ?

SEC105
10-23-2009, 05:19 PM
YA in 62 or 63 perhaps ?</P>

Good educated call UK Good Ole YA hadgames of 7 TD passes and 6 TD passes in 62. Not against the Cardinals though ............</P>

This guy played like6 or7 years after YA</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

UK-Giantsfan
10-23-2009, 05:32 PM
it has to be Fran T then surely

YATittle1962
10-23-2009, 08:23 PM
it has to be Fran T then surely

Yeah gotta be scramblin Fran...I remember him lighting up the Cardinals quite a few times

YATittle1962
10-24-2009, 04:56 PM
in the first 1990 meeting between the Giants and Cardinals...

the Giants came back in the 4th and won on a late field goal....

who caught the 4th quarter TD pass to make it 17-19?

and who kicked the winning field goal?

20 - 19 Giants win

GoGiants75
10-24-2009, 05:52 PM
mat bahr kicked the fg for sure. im gonna guess sthepen baker "the touchdown maker" for the score.

YATittle1962
10-24-2009, 05:53 PM
mat bahr kicked the fg for sure. im gonna guess sthepen baker "the touchdown maker" for the score.

and you would be dead on......

nice job

GoGiants75
10-24-2009, 06:00 PM
cool. ok heres my did you know.

Who was the last GIANTS wr to be named to the pro bowl????

YATittle1962
10-24-2009, 06:02 PM
cool. ok heres my did you know.

Who was the last GIANTS wr to be named to the pro bowl????

Im pretty sure it was Homer Jones.....

GoGiants75
10-24-2009, 06:06 PM
you are correct. do you know what year it was?

i dont know.

YATittle1962
10-24-2009, 06:10 PM
you are correct. do you know what year it was?

i dont know.

if i remember correctly it was 1968....

he was wonderful to watch

zimonami
10-24-2009, 06:56 PM
you are correct. do you know what year it was? i dont know. if i remember correctly it was 1968.... he was wonderful to watch</P>

right on, YA. Homer made all-pro in '67 and '68</P>

Let's hope we have another WR make all-pro soon... 41 years is too long</P>

Hampton27 missed
10-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Don't know if this was asked. which Giant defensive player (during the Parcells era) married an Italian barber's daughter from Jersey City NJ?

YATittle1962
10-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Don't know if this was asked. which Giant defensive player (during the Parcells era) married an Italian barber's daughter from Jersey City NJ?

you from Jersey City?

Il take a stab....Gary Reasons......

you got me on this one.......

......ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Hampton27 missed
10-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't know if this was asked. which Giant defensive player (during the Parcells era) married an Italian barber's daughter from Jersey City NJ? you from Jersey City? you got me on this one....... ......ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!?</P>

Originally yes. The barber shop was located only a block away from where I use to live.</P>

zimonami
10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Don't know if this was asked. which Giant defensive player (during the Parcells era) married an Italian barber's daughter from Jersey City NJ? you from Jersey City? you got me on this one....... ......ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!?</P>

Originally yes. The barber shop was located only a block away from where I use to live.</P>

</P>

I'm not going to be able to help you out here, YA... but I'm going to take a stab at McConkey.</P>

Hampton27 missed
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Don't know if this was asked. which Giant defensive player (during the Parcells era) married an Italian barber's daughter from Jersey City NJ? you from Jersey City? Il take a stab....Gary Reasons...... you got me on this one....... ......ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!?</P>

Nope, I'llwait a littleto see if someone can get it. If not, I'll give the answer. This is a great thread you have here and the first time I opened it was today.</P>

Hampton27 missed
10-24-2009, 10:04 PM

</P>

I'm not going to be able to help you out here, YA... but I'm going to take a stab at McConkey.</P>

</P>

Nope besides Phil was a WR</P>

YATittle1962
10-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Don't know if this was asked. which Giant defensive player (during the Parcells era) married an Italian barber's daughter from Jersey City NJ? you from Jersey City? Il take a stab....Gary Reasons...... you got me on this one....... ......ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!?</P>

Nope, I'll*wait a little*to see if someone can get it. If not, I'll give the answer. This is a great thread you have here and the first time I opened it was today.</P>

glad to have you....

we have a good thing going here......

Hampton27 missed
10-24-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm gonna give you guys a major clue and I bet you still will get this wrong. This player was famous for a major hit on Montana. I'll wait for both of you guys to answer and then I'll give you the correct answer.

NYG 5
10-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Jim Burt? or was it Leonard Marshall?</P>

</P>

you owuld have to elaborate on how close montana was to death, it'll help narrow down the hit</P>

Hampton27 missed
10-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Jim Burt? or was it Leonard Marshall?</P>

</P>

you owuld have to elaborate on how close montana was to death, it'll help narrow down the hit</P>

</P>

Okay, I waited an hour to see if this would get answered with the new clue. The correct answer is Leanard Marshall.</P>

Now you just posed a new question with which hit was worse. I'll guess that it was Jim Burt's because I know for a fact that Montana spent the night at Meadowlands Hospital in Secaucus after the Jim Burt hit.</P>

zimonami
10-24-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm gonna give you guys a major clue and I bet you still will get this wrong. This player was famous for a major hit on Montana. I'll wait for both of you guys to answer and then I'll give you the correct answer.</P>

gots to be Burt!</P>

zimonami
10-24-2009, 11:20 PM
dang... I answered a second before you posted the answer.</P>

Good old # 70, Leonard Marshall. He and Burt both put a hurtin' on Montana.</P>

UK-Giantsfan
10-25-2009, 03:57 AM
Ok .....here is an easy one for you all ......in honour of the fact that we are going to see our hero number 55 back on the field today.

Who did Gary famously stop on 4th and 1 in the snow on the 1 yard line in 1989 ?

zimonami
10-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna give you guys a major clue and I bet you still will get this wrong. This player was famous for a major hit on Montana. I'll wait for both of you guys to answer and then I'll give you the correct answer.</P>

I got sucked in to figuring it had to be Burt, as you knew would happen, because of it being an Italian lady, and Marshall being black and Burt being white...lol.</P>

zimonami
10-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Ok .....here is an easy one for you all ......in honour of the fact that we are going to see our hero number 55 back on the field today. Who did Gary famously stop on 4th and 1 in the snow on the 1 yard line in 1989 ?</P>

was that Bobby Humphrey, at Denver? </P>

A great play by Reasons. He never got the press because of our other great LB's, but he was always solid.</P>

YATittle1962
10-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok .....here is an easy one for you all ......in honour of the fact that we are going to see our hero number 55 back on the field today. Who did Gary famously stop on 4th and 1 in the snow on the 1 yard line in 1989 ?</P>

was that Bobby Humphrey, at Denver?* </P>

A great play by Reasons. He never got the press because of our other great LB's, but he was always solid.</P>

I think yr right Zim..

hell of a play by Gary.....looking forward to seeing him tonight on the field

Hampton27 missed
10-25-2009, 01:11 PM

I got sucked in to figuring it had to be Burt, as you knew would happen, because of it being an Italian lady, and Marshall being black and Burt being white...lol.</P>

</P>

Well I did narrow it down to only 2 players with that clue. That was a good callwith Humphries, both of those guys were in a mid air collision on that goalline stop.</P>

UK-Giantsfan
10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
absolutely right , well done , Bobby Humphrey ........seems like yesterday doesnt it

zimonami
10-26-2009, 01:11 PM
absolutely right , well done , Bobby Humphrey ........seems like yesterday doesnt it</P>

yeah... a lot of our great plays seem like yesterday. Especially since yesterday we didn't have any great plays... too bad.</P>

Your Avatar is Bavaro! He, Simms, and LT are my favorite Giants of all times. That first SB win was the best, and I'll always remember it like it was yesterday because of my appreciation for getting us out of the bad years and back to some glory.</P>

My favorite play of all time? Bavaro dragging the Niner's team on his back, refusing to be stopped. </P>

YATittle1962
10-26-2009, 01:42 PM
thank you guys for pulling this thread out of the depths of all these panic threads....

I can barely deal with all this panic....

Zimmy you would have loved the pre game ceremony last night...

the 86 team all out on the field in their jerseys.....

it brought a tear to my eye

zimonami
10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
thank you guys for pulling this thread out of the depths of all these panic threads.... I can barely deal with all this panic.... Zimmy you would have loved the pre game ceremony last night... the 86 team all out on the field in their jerseys..... it brought a tear to my eye</P>

Whoa... I wish I was there. My son and his wife went last night. He calls me at 7:50 and is ticked... he's on some long line being directed towards the new stadium and he has moved about 100 feet in 15 minutes... figured he would miss the first quarter, at least.</P>

Yes, I'm avoiding the new posts. I'm sticking to this, Asian Giant for HC, and a few other non-panicky threads. It's this type of a day that kept me away from here for so long. I can't stand the awful, non-productive criticisms and the 'off-with-his head' responses. I don't know if you noticed but I only had a few hundred posts from 2002 until you started this thread. This gave me a reason to come on here and to converse with mostly older-time guys, or younger guys who care about our tradition and appreciate where we were at now, as compared to the brutal years that we all lived through.</P>

We're very flat right now and not playing good ball. Play calling is, sometimes, questionable with too many long passes dialed in when a couple of pounding runs would get the first. Feagles? I feel he's entitled as he has been so reliable, but three really bad punts is just not usual for him in an entire season. Just a bad game all around for us. Yet, I know we have the talent, so there's no need for panic. Even if we didn't have as much talent, what can you do? It's just not my way to ctiticize and complain. </P>

I'm hoping TC will do a bit of a 'riot act' routine this week and get these guys angry and focused.</P>

Don't know how good your re-plays were last night at the game, but that was one heck of a catch by Boss on that brutal hit. Collingsworth pointed out that there should have been 15 more on it for helmet-to-helmet.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
10-26-2009, 02:13 PM
thank you guys for pulling this thread out of the depths of all these panic threads.... I can barely deal with all this panic.... Zimmy you would have loved the pre game ceremony last night... the 86 team all out on the field in their jerseys..... it brought a tear to my eye</P>

Whoa... I wish I was there.* My son and his wife went last night.* He calls me at 7:50 and is ticked... he's on some long line being directed towards the new stadium and he has moved about 100 feet in 15 minutes... figured he would miss the first quarter, at least.</P>

Yes, I'm avoiding the new posts. I'm sticking to this, Asian Giant for HC, and a few other non-panicky threads.* It's this type of a day that kept me away from here for so long.* I can't stand the awful, non-productive criticisms and the 'off-with-his head' responses.* I don't know if you noticed but I only had a few hundred posts from 2002 until you started this thread.* This gave me a reason to come on here and to converse with mostly older-time guys, or younger guys who care about our tradition and appreciate where we were at now, as compared to the brutal years that we all lived through.</P>

We're very flat right now and not playing good ball.* Play calling is, sometimes, questionable with too many long passes dialed in when a couple of pounding runs would get the first.* Feagles?* I feel he's entitled as he has been so reliable, but three really bad punts is just not usual for him in an entire season.* Just a bad game all around for us.* Yet, I know we have the talent, so there's no need for panic. Even if we didn't have as much talent, what can you do?* It's just not my way to ctiticize and complain.* </P>

I'm hoping TC will do a bit of a 'riot act' routine this week and get these guys angry and focused.</P>

Don't know how good your re-plays were last night at the game, but that was one heck of a catch by Boss on that brutal hit.* Collingsworth pointed out that there should have been 15 more on it for helmet-to-helmet.</P>

*</P>

oh absolutely...

that Boss Catch was brilliant....

I was in my sons seats in 113 and it happened right in front of us...

and like you said...we look a bit flat...

id rather see this slump now than in Dec.

I think we will get it together....

zimonami
10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
oh absolutely... that Boss Catch was brilliant.... I was in my sons seats in 113 and it happened right in front of us... and like you said...we look a bit flat... id rather see this slump now than in Dec. I think we will get it together....</P>

My seats are in the middle of 111-112, 19 rows up.</P>

Since I gave up my seats to the relatives I only know that I'll probably get tix to a pre-season game in the new stadium next August. If you go to the same game we'll have to get together for a few brews before-hand.</P>

I think we'll get it together, too. This weeks game will be a tough one, with Philly coming off that embarrassing loss to the Raiders. The leather will be flying.</P>

YATittle1962
10-26-2009, 03:02 PM
*oh absolutely... that Boss Catch was brilliant.... I was in my sons seats in 113 and it happened right in front of us... and like you said...we look a bit flat... id rather see this slump now than in Dec. I think we will get it together....</P>

My seats are in the middle of 111-112, 19 rows up.</P>

Since I gave up my seats to the relatives I only know that I'll probably get tix to a pre-season game in the new stadium next August.* If you go to the same game we'll have to get together for a few brews before-hand.</P>

I think we'll get it together, too. This weeks game will be a tough one, with Philly coming off that embarrassing loss to the Raiders.* The leather will be flying.</P>

without a doubt Zim....beers on me.....

and if the Giants cant get up for this weeks game......the rest of the season may be filled with some dismal performances....

gotta make a statement this week.....

Ill be at the game....a part of me wants to give the tickets away.....but the other part wants to be there just in case they pull it out

UK-Giantsfan
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
yes Zim , stayed up until 4 am last night to watch it ......i really thought we were going to do it at the 2 minute warning ...it had that ''Denver 05 feeling about it ''

Never mind ....at 5-2 is not too bad !
All to play for ....some of the folks around here dont remember the really bad years do they !!!!!!

Bavaro is one of my heros .....my other is Harry C .......(and of course LT)

Will never forget as a 17 year old ....Pasadena Rose Bowl , Superbowl 21 as long as i live ......i know how much that day must mean to you.

regards
UK

zimonami
10-26-2009, 05:05 PM
yes Zim , stayed up until 4 am last night to watch it ......i really thought we were going to do it at the 2 minute warning ...it had that ''Denver 05 feeling about it '' Never mind ....at 5-2 is not too bad ! All to play for ....some of the folks around here dont remember the really bad years do they !!!!!! Bavaro is one of my heros .....my other is Harry C .......(and of course LT) Will never forget as a 17 year old ....Pasadena Rose Bowl , Superbowl 21 as long as i live ......i know how much that day must mean to you. regards UK</P>

You must hate the evening games. That's a dedicated Gman fan to stay up that late. I also thought Eli would get us there. Oh, Well... he can't do it every time.</P>

I forgot about Harry. He signed a Giant cap for me. I wore it to every game and the sig eventually bled away from the rain.</P>

Yeah, '86 was special. At least at 17 you were old enough to appreciate it, too.</P>

Regards back atcha... Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-26-2009, 10:16 PM
of the 154 regular season meetings between the Giants and Eagles.....

how many ended in a tie?

Z

Hampton27 missed
10-26-2009, 10:40 PM
of the 154 regular season meetings between the Giants and Eagles..... how many ended in a tie? Z</P>

Zero</P>

zimonami
10-26-2009, 10:47 PM
of the 154 regular season meetings between the Giants and Eagles..... how many ended in a tie? Z</P>

Zero</P>

</P>

nah... I remember one in the 70's when we were both bad teams. There had to be a couple in the earlier years, 30's, 40's and 50's too, when there was no OT. So, I'll say 3</P>

SEC105
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
thank you guys for pulling this thread out of the depths of all these panic threads....

I can barely deal with all this panic....

Zimmy you would have loved the pre game ceremony last night...

the 86 team all out on the field in their jerseys.....

it brought a tear to my eye
The panic is too much YA........Many times I wait till tuesday or later to start reading again ,even when we win it's not enough , those dump people threads jump right out. I need a day or two of rechecking the game myself before I can get my thoughts in perspective
Z

SEC105
10-27-2009, 05:22 PM

154 times?.that's a lot of games....pretty sure I can remember at least one tie. I'll guess four ties over all the times we've played em</P>

How about this one On the Lambooth spSpecial play [hook and ladder] when Ron Dixon just missed the winning TD over the Eagles Who lateraled him the ball after catching it first?</P>

Z</P>

Hampton27 missed
10-27-2009, 05:55 PM

154 times?.that's a lot of games....pretty sure I can remember at least one tie. I'll guess four ties over all the times we've played em</P>

How about this one On the Lambooth spSpecial play [hook and ladder] when Ron Dixon just missed the winning TD over the Eagles Who lateraled him the ball after catching it first?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Just a guess........Willie Ponder?</P>

zimonami
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Ponder is a good guess, Hampton. I'm gonna guess Ike Hilliard</P>

SEC105
10-27-2009, 06:45 PM

154 times?.that's a lot of games....pretty sure I can remember at least one tie. I'll guess four ties over all the times we've played em*</P>

How about this one*** On the Lambooth sp*Special play [hook and ladder] when Ron Dixon just missed the winning TD over the Eagles****** Who lateraled him the ball after catching it first?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Ponder is a good guess, Hampton.* I'm gonna guess Ike Hilliard</P>
Agreed , Ponder is a good guess and as a matter of fact Hillard was intended to be part of the famous play but got held at the line of scrimmage. He's a name we all know and will never forget
Z

NYG 5
10-27-2009, 08:57 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

tiki barber firstcaught the ball over the middle for about 8 yrds, then flipped it to dixon who was running the opposite way</P>

YATittle1962
10-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Zero</P>

</P>

nah... I remember one in the 70's when we were both bad teams.* There had to be a couple in the earlier years, 30's, 40's and 50's too, when there was no OT.* So, I'll say 3</P>

2 ties in the rivalry history

what was the smallest point margin an Eagles Giants game ended in?

what was that score?

and what year was it?

zimonami
10-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Zero</P>

</P>

nah... I remember one in the 70's when we were both bad teams. There had to be a couple in the earlier years, 30's, 40's and 50's too, when there was no OT. So, I'll say 3</P>

2 ties in the rivalry history what was the smallest point margin an Eagles Giants game ended in? what was that score? and what year was it?</P>

YA... Smallest point margin? Or, fewest total points?</P>

In late '60's... Allie was the coach so it had to be '67 or '68, we beat them 7-6. </P>

In our first year at Giants Stadium ('76) we beat them 10-0. In a game in the early 90's we lost to them 7-3.</P>

One of those games would have to be the answer, I think.</P>

YATittle1962
10-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Zero</P>

</P>

nah... I remember one in the 70's when we were both bad teams.* There had to be a couple in the earlier years, 30's, 40's and 50's too, when there was no OT.* So, I'll say 3</P>

2 ties in the rivalry history what was the smallest point margin an Eagles Giants game ended in? what was that score? and what year was it?</P>

In late '60's... Allie was the coach so it had to be '67 or '68, we beat them 7-6.* </P>

In our first year at Giants Stadium ('76) we beat them 10-0.* In a game in the early 90's we lost to them 7-3.</P>

wow Zim I didnt recall the 7-6 game....now that you reminded me I remember it well...cant remember who caught the pass but I know Tarkenton threw one TD...had to be around 68 yeah....

you remember who caught it?

I was thinking of the 10-9 loss in 2001

peerless
10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
i was an offensive lineman who played against the giants in super bowl XXV and for them in super bowl XXXV....who am i?

Hampton27 missed
10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
i was an offensive lineman who played against the giants in super bowl XXV and for them in super bowl XXXV....who am i?</P>

The bald headed guy who's last name was Parker?</P>

YATittle1962
10-28-2009, 02:30 PM
i was an offensive lineman who played against the giants in super bowl XXV and for them in super bowl XXXV....who am i?

gotta be Glen Parker...

he didnt play much though did he?

peerless
10-28-2009, 02:35 PM
haha yes the bald parker and he did not play much

peerless
10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
in one streach of super bowl XXI simms completed 10 consecutive passes who is hte only Qb with a longer string in a sb game?</P>

bounus points</P>

how many more passes did he complete in a row?</P>

peerless
10-28-2009, 02:39 PM

Zero</P>

</P>

was it 10-9 in 2001</P>

peerless
10-28-2009, 02:39 PM

Zero</P>

</P>

In late '60's... Allie was the coach so it had to be '67 or '68, we beat them 7-6. </P>

In our first year at Giants Stadium ('76) we beat them 10-0. In a game in the early 90's we lost to them 7-3.</P>

wow Zim I didnt recall the 7-6 game....now that you reminded me I remember it well...cant remember who caught the pass but I know Tarkenton threw one TD...had to be around 68 yeah.... you remember who caught it? I was thinking of the 10-9 loss in 2001</P>

as was i</P>

SEC105
10-28-2009, 02:56 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

tiki barber firstcaught the ball over the middle for about 8 yrds, then flipped it to dixon who was running the opposite way</P>

</P>

it was Tiki nice call</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-28-2009, 02:58 PM
in one streach of super bowl XXI simms completed 10 consecutive passes who is hte only Qb with a longer string in a sb game?</P>

bounus points</P>

</P>

I'll guess Tom Brady and say about 11 in a row</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Today is the anniversary of one of the greatest aerial assaults ever by a Giant QB @ Yankee Stadium or any where else for that matter....any idea who it was?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Today is the anniversary of one of the greatest aerial assaults ever by a Giant QB @ Yankee Stadium or any where else for that matter....any idea who it was?</P>

Z</P>

I remember it welll

as you guys know that was the first Giant game I ever went to...

Oct 28 1962

YA Tittle throws 7 TDs and 505 yds

peerless
10-28-2009, 03:08 PM
ya tittle 7tds vs wash

peerless
10-28-2009, 03:09 PM

bounus points</P>

</P>

I'll guess Tom Brady and say about 11 in a row</P>

Z</P>

</P>

joe montana hitting on 13 in a row</P>

peerless
10-28-2009, 03:10 PM
collins was picked 4 times in sb XXXV.....this is not the record tho</P>

who threw more and how many</P>

SEC105
10-28-2009, 03:15 PM

Z</P>

I remember it welll as you guys know that was the first Giant game I ever went to... Oct 28 1962 YA Tittle throws 7 TDs and 505 yds</P>

As it was mine YA....................good little article in today's Long Island Newsday commemorating that great day</P>

Thought that question might peek your interest[;)]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-28-2009, 03:35 PM

</P>

pretty sure it was Rich Gannon of the Oakland Raiders a few years back. A few were returned for TDs Collins threw 4 so I'll say Gannon had 5 , hope it was not more than that. Gannon was apretty good QB , just not that day</P>

In our first meeting against the Eagles in 86we beat them like 35-10 @ Giants stadium. The game where Carson [from Rutledge]scored a TD on a fake field goal. Which rookie Giant WR scored a TD in that game from Simms?</P>

Z</P>

peerless
10-28-2009, 03:57 PM

</P>

pretty sure it was Rich Gannon of the Oakland Raiders a few years back. A few were returned for TDs Collins threw 4 so I'll say Gannon had 5 , hope it was not more than that. Gannon was apretty good QB , just not that day</P>

In our first meeting against the Eagles in 86we beat them like 35-10 @ Giants stadium. The game where Carson [from Rutledge]scored a TD on a fake field goal. Which rookie Giant WR scored a TD in that game from Simms?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

warren i think he was the only rookie WR on the team</P>

and yes it was gannon with five</P>

peerless
10-28-2009, 03:59 PM
in 2007 osi broke the team record for most sacks in a game with 6</P>

whos record did he break and how many did that person have?</P>

SEC105
10-28-2009, 04:53 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

This WR only played one year with the Giants and maybe a year or two [at most]after that with another team. His initials wereSM</P>

Was it Dee Hardison [early] 80's who had the most sacks in one game. Don't know why I'm guessing that but his name just popped into my head lol</P>

Z</P>

peerless
10-28-2009, 05:20 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

This WR only played one year with the Giants and maybe a year or two [at most]after that with another team. His initials wereSM</P>

Was it Dee Hardison [early] 80's who had the most sacks in one game. Don't know why I'm guessing that but his name just popped into my head lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

IT was actually pepper johnson with 4.5</P>

ooh then it had to be solomon not the wizard but solomon miller......but im not gonna lie i had to look that up</P>

peerless
10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
speaking of pepper johnson what was his real first name?

Roswell777
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
speaking of pepper johnson what was his real first name?

I believe it's Thomas Joseph.

zimonami
10-28-2009, 06:04 PM

</P>

Z</P>

You guys probably know that the Raiders didn't change their Offensive line calls and Gannon's audibles from the prior year with Gruden when they faced the Bucs for this SB. Gruden knew it and the Bucs were totally prepared. John Lynch was miked on the sidelines saying, "We know every play they're running." That's really inexcusable, and it's been all down hill for the Raiders ever since.</P>

Also, nice to have lots more contributions here from Peerless and Hampton, and good to see you again Ros. I left the boards for 4-5 hours and come back to see the questions flying hot and heavy... good work. </P>

YA sure started a lasting thread here, and it was especially nice during the offseason... going on 200 pages... not bad, YA.</P>

YATittle1962
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Z</P>

I remember it welll as you guys know that was the first Giant game I ever went to... Oct 28 1962 YA Tittle throws 7 TDs and 505 yds</P>

As it was mine YA....................good little article in today's Long Island Newsday commemorating that great day</P>

Z</P>

that was your first game SEC?

how old were you?

I was 9 and I remember it like it was a year ago....

that lit a fire in me that has not even dimmed in the slightest to this day.

YA is still a superhero to me

and the Giants still an obsession

peerless
10-29-2009, 10:11 AM

</P>

Z</P>

You guys probably know that the Raiders didn't change their Offensive line calls and Gannon's audibles from the prior year with Gruden when they faced the Bucs for this SB. Gruden knew it and the Bucs were totally prepared. John Lynch was miked on the sidelines saying, "We know every play they're running." That's really inexcusable, and it's been all down hill for the Raiders ever since.</P>

Also, nice to have lots more contributions here from Peerless and Hampton, and good to see you again Ros. I left the boards for 4-5 hours and come back to see the questions flying hot and heavy... good work. </P>

YA sure started a lasting thread here, and it was especially nice during the offseason... going on 200 pages... not bad, YA.</P>

</P>

i rem hearing that it was actually pretty crazy that they wouldnt change calls....i mean even a pop warner coach would have (if they had calls that is).....and your right it was all down hill from there......they turned into a a five year and running joke.</P>

</P>

i guess i'll start with the first question of the day</P>

</P>

What player forced a roger craig fumble that led to the winning field goal in the giants upset of the 9ers in 1990 championship game?</P>

YATittle1962
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM

</P>

pretty sure it was Rich Gannon of the Oakland Raiders a few years back. A few were returned for TDs** Collins threw 4 so *I'll say Gannon had 5 , hope it was not more than that. Gannon was a*pretty good QB , just not that day</P>

In our first meeting against the Eagles in 86*we beat them like 35-10 @ Giants stadium. The game where Carson [from Rutledge]*scored a TD on a fake field goal. Which rookie Giant WR scored a TD in that game from Simms?</P>

Z*</P>

You guys probably know that the Raiders didn't change their Offensive line calls and Gannon's audibles from the prior year with Gruden when they faced the Bucs for this SB.* Gruden knew it and the Bucs were totally prepared.* John Lynch was miked on the sidelines saying, "We know every play they're running."* That's really inexcusable, and it's been all down hill for the Raiders ever since.</P>

Also, nice to have lots more contributions here from Peerless and Hampton, and good to see you again Ros.* I left the boards for 4-5 hours and come back to see the questions flying hot and heavy... good work.* </P>

</P>

i rem hearing that it was actually pretty crazy that they wouldnt change calls....i mean even a pop warner coach would have (if they had calls that is).....and your right it was all down hill from there......they turned into a a five year and running joke.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

What player forced a roger craig fumble that led to the winning field goal in the giants upset of the 9ers in 1990 championship game?</P>
peerless let me start by saying I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions to our thread.....great questions

if I remember correctly big Eric Howard got helmet on it and LT caught it in the air.....

I used to have that game on VHS.....I would love to see that one again...

that was a great football game....it was a much better game than the score indicated....

peerless
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

peerless let me start by saying I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions to our thread.....great questions if I remember correctly big Eric Howard got helmet on it and LT caught it in the air..... I used to have that game on VHS.....I would love to see that one again... that was a great football game....it was a much better game than the score indicated....</P>

thanks YA</P>

i am working very hard on trying to stumb you guys....but damn you guys are good........and yes you are correct it was eric howard.......that was a great game....one of the last great giant 49er show downs of that era </P>

ok this one i dont think you guys will get witout looking up</P>

what giatns player once punted the ball for 76 yards in a post season game?</P>

Who was it against?</P>

this might even be b4 your time tittle</P>

and heres one on the easy side</P>

who it the only other giant to rush for over 200 yards in a game besides tiki?</P>

</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM

</P>

pretty sure it was Rich Gannon of the Oakland Raiders a few years back. A few were returned for TDs** Collins threw 4 so *I'll say Gannon had 5 , hope it was not more than that. Gannon was a*pretty good QB , just not that day</P>

In our first meeting against the Eagles in 86*we beat them like 35-10 @ Giants stadium. The game where Carson [from Rutledge]*scored a TD on a fake field goal. Which rookie Giant WR scored a TD in that game from Simms?</P>

Z*</P>

You guys probably know that the Raiders didn't change their Offensive line calls and Gannon's audibles from the prior year with Gruden when they faced the Bucs for this SB.* Gruden knew it and the Bucs were totally prepared.* John Lynch was miked on the sidelines saying, "We know every play they're running."* That's really inexcusable, and it's been all down hill for the Raiders ever since.</P>

Also, nice to have lots more contributions here from Peerless and Hampton, and good to see you again Ros.* I left the boards for 4-5 hours and come back to see the questions flying hot and heavy... good work.* </P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

peerless let me start by saying I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions to our thread.....great questions if I remember correctly big Eric Howard got helmet on it and LT caught it in the air..... I used to have that game on VHS.....I would love to see that one again... that was a great football game....it was a much better game than the score indicated....</P>

thanks YA</P>

i am working very hard on trying to stumb you guys....but damn you guys are good........and yes you are correct it was eric howard.......that was a great game....one of the last great giant 49er show downs of that era </P>

Who was it against?</P>

who it the only other giant to rush for over 200 yards in a game besides tiki?</P>

*</P>

*</P>

not sure who the punter is....

but i think the other 200yd rusher is Choo Choo Roberts....

Zimmy!!!!!! who was the punter?

peerless
10-29-2009, 02:43 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

thanks YA</P>

Who was it against?</P>

</P>

</P>

not sure who the punter is.... but i think the other 200yd rusher is Choo Choo Roberts.... Zimmy!!!!!! who was the punter?</P>

ah i forgot roberts i guess there was two then......joe morris ran for 202 yards in the playoff clinching game over pitt in 85</P>

zimonami
10-29-2009, 07:26 PM
thanks YA</P>

Who was it against?</P>

</P>

</P>

not sure who the punter is.... but i think the other 200yd rusher is Choo Choo Roberts.... Zimmy!!!!!! who was the punter?</P>

OK, Peerless, I'll take a shot at this based upon your hints only, cuz I'm not sure.</P>

You said it might have been before YA's time. Don Chandler was our punter from 1956 to 1964. During that time, 9 seasons, we played in 6 Championship games... 2 against each: Chicago, Baltimore, and Green Bay... Plus a playoff game against Cleveland in '58.</P>

You said, "... post season game." So, I'll guess against Cleveland, because you would have said 'Championship Game' if it was in one of the other 6 games. Plus, YA was only 5 in '58, although I think I remember him sasying he listened to that game on the radio.</P>

YATittle1962
10-29-2009, 08:20 PM
thanks YA</P>

Who was it against?</P>

*</P>

*</P>

OK, Peerless, I'll take a shot at this based upon your hints only, cuz I'm not sure.</P>

You said it might have been before YA's time.** Don Chandler was our punter from 1956 to 1964. During that time, 9 seasons, *we played in 6 Championship games... 2 against each: Chicago, Baltimore, and Green Bay... Plus a playoff game against Cleveland in '58.</P>

You said,* *"... post season game."* So, I'll guess against Cleveland, because you would have said 'Championship Game' if it was in one of the other 6 games.* Plus, YA was only 5 in '58, although I think I remember him sasying he listened to that game on the radio.</P>

well Zimmy...it was on the radio....and I was in the room where the radio was on.....hahahahahaha

was I paying real close attention?....I dont think so......But I remember that night.....its foggy ...but I remember

I didnt start paying an obsessed kind of attention until 62

peerless
10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
thanks YA</P>

Who was it against?</P>

</P>

</P>

You said it might have been before YA's time. Don Chandler was our punter from 1956 to 1964. During that time, 9 seasons, we played in 6 Championship games... 2 against each: Chicago, Baltimore, and Green Bay... Plus a playoff game against Cleveland in '58.</P>

You said, "... post season game." So, I'll guess against Cleveland, because you would have said 'Championship Game' if it was in one of the other 6 games. Plus, YA was only 5 in '58, although I think I remember him sasying he listened to that game on the radio.</P>

</P>

maybe my hint wasnt so great cuz it was def way b4 YAs time......lol</P>

it was the 1935 title game againts detroit.......it was ed danowski who made the punt and the record still stands as the longest punt in post season history</P>

woooohoooo i did it</P>

peerless
10-30-2009, 10:39 AM
what giant recorded 1 of only 5 safeties in super bowl history? who did he drop for the saftey?

zimonami
10-30-2009, 12:50 PM
what giant recorded 1 of only 5 safeties in super bowl history? who did he drop for the saftey?</P>

Good job, Peer. I only started paying attention to the Giants in 58, when I was 12, so Ed Danowski wouldn't have clicked in my brain. But, I certainly do remember him as one of our old time Giants.</P>

I could have looked it up, which is OK by the way, Peer, but I figured from what you said in the clues that I had a good shot at it being Chandler. If you do look up an answer, Peer, we just give the answer and admit that you had to look. When I see a question that no one has gotten, then I'll look it up and post it to get it out of the way.</P>

OK... I can't expect that you would have reviewed the past 195 pages, (lol... that's kind of like the reading you'd only do on the john) so you wouldn't know that we already had this question before. It was George Martin against the Broncos. I remember it well. It made the score 10-9, Broncs, at that time, before the half. George is probably one of my 10 favorite Giants of all time.</P>

Keep 'em coming, Peer... you bring a lot of good and new questions to us.</P>

By the way... we'd need someone close to 85+ years old to have seen Ed Danowski, and any games at that time. I wonder who the oldest person on the boards is? I'm 63, but I know there are older. Oh, also, we generally keep the questions to about 1958 to the present. If you ask a question pre '58, just say the time frame..;. decade, or whatever... cuz someone is going to have to look it up. Although, the Giant post season punt record might be an answer someone has heard, and remembers.</P>

</P>

peerless
10-30-2009, 03:33 PM
what giant recorded 1 of only 5 safeties in super bowl history? who did he drop for the saftey?</P>

Good job, Peer. I only started paying attention to the Giants in 58, when I was 12, so Ed Danowski wouldn't have clicked in my brain. But, I certainly do remember him as one of our old time Giants.</P>

I could have looked it up, which is OK by the way, Peer, but I figured from what you said in the clues that I had a good shot at it being Chandler. If you do look up an answer, Peer, we just give the answer and admit that you had to look. When I see a question that no one has gotten, then I'll look it up and post it to get it out of the way.</P>

OK... I can't expect that you would have reviewed the past 195 pages, (lol... that's kind of like the reading you'd only do on the john) so you wouldn't know that we already had this question before. It was George Martin against the Broncos. I remember it well. It made the score 10-9, Broncs, at that time, before the half. George is probably one of my 10 favorite Giants of all time.</P>

By the way... we'd need someone close to 85+ years old to have seen Ed Danowski, and any games at that time. I wonder who the oldest person on the boards is? I'm 63, but I know there are older. Oh, also, we generally keep the questions to about 1958 to the present. If you ask a question pre '58, just say the time frame..;. decade, or whatever... cuz someone is going to have to look it up. Although, the Giant post season punt record might be an answer someone has heard, and remembers.</P>

</P>

</P>

sorry about that......trust me when i say i was not there to see ed make that kick just know it has a peice of giants history lol.........so if my question is pre 58 i wouldput it like this</P>

the giants played in the first nfl championship game in 1933 who did they play and what was the score? </P>

but that one was just a simple example since all who knows giants history should know this one.</P>

heres a good one and its NOT b4 your times</P>

what famous television announcer was a successful end and kicker for the giatns from 58-61?</P>

</P>

</P>

zimonami
10-30-2009, 04:46 PM

</P>

</P>

sorry about that......trust me when i say i was not there to see ed make that kick just know it has a peice of giants history lol.........so if my question is pre 58 i wouldput it like this</P>

the giants played in the first nfl championship game in 1933 who did they play and what was the score? </P>

but that one was just a simple example since all who knows giants history should know this one.</P>

heres a good one and its NOT b4 your times</P>

what famous television announcer was a successful end and kicker for the giatns from 58-61?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

yeah, I guess Pat Summerall caught a few passes for us, too.</P>

fourth&forever
10-30-2009, 09:12 PM
<font face="Verdana" size="4"><font color="#0000ff">1970 Defense
</font></font>

<font color="#0000ff"></font></p>
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4300000/Giants-Defense-1970-new-york-giants-4372588-1303-1134.jpg
<table><tbody><tr><td class="lv_metadata_cell" align="left">
</td></tr>

<tr><td class="lv_metadata_cell" align="left">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Can anyone name them?

zimonami
10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
<FONT size=4 face=Verdana><FONT color=#0000ff>1970 Defense
</FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=#0000ff></FONT></P>http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4300000/Giants-Defense-1970-new-york-giants-4372588-1303-1134.jpg

<TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=lv_metadata_cell align=left>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Can anyone name them?

</P>

This pic has me puzzled. In 1970 #20 was Scott Eaton, and we didn't have a #66or 54.</P>

In the early 60's, #20 was Jimmy Patton and #66 was Jack Stroud, and I don't know who #54 is.</P>

fourth&forever
10-30-2009, 09:44 PM
<font face="Verdana" size="4"><font color="#0000ff">1970 Defense ?
</font></font>

<font color="#0000ff"></font></p><table><tbody><tr><td class="lv_metadata_cell" align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td class="lv_metadata_cell" align="left">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Can anyone name them?

</p>

This pic has me puzzled. In 1970 #20 was Scott Eaton, and we didn't have a #66or 54.</p>

In the early 60's, #20 was Jimmy Patton and #66 was Jack Stroud, and I don't know who #54 is.</p>hmmmm The owner of the picture may have miss marked it. I don't know what to make of it. I just found it on the net. Almost looks like a painting. Very old looking.

zimonami
10-30-2009, 11:25 PM
<FONT size=4 face=Verdana><FONT color=#0000ff>1970 Defense ?
</FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=#0000ff></FONT></P>
<TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>

Can anyone name them?

</P>

This pic has me puzzled. In 1970 #20 was Scott Eaton, and we didn't have a #66or 54.</P>

In the early 60's, #20 was Jimmy Patton and #66 was Jack Stroud, and I don't know who #54 is.</P>

hmmmm The owner of the picture may have miss marked it. I don't know what to make of it. I just found it on the net. Almost looks like a painting. Very old looking.
</P>

I think they just got the wrong year. Maybe YA will know when, and who No. 54 is. It does look like an old, colorized photo</P>

YATittle1962
10-31-2009, 12:08 PM
ok heres whats confusing me about this pic.

it looks like a painting a bit..

but besides that it look like there are no names on the jerseys so that says its pre 1970.

if so most of those numbers were taken by offensive players...

the only time I can recall all those numbers being on defense is around 1974...

66 Rick Dvorak (sp)
54 Bill Singletary...i think
20JIm Stienke

but that pic looks pre 1974 to me....

and doesnt look like any of those guys

so lots of question marks from me....

I thought Zim if anyone could nail this one......

but it seems a mystery

keyofgmen
10-31-2009, 12:56 PM
<FONT size=4 face=Verdana><FONT color=#0000ff>1970* Defense
</FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=#0000ff></FONT></P>http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4300000/Giants-Defense-1970-new-york-giants-4372588-1303-1134.jpg

<TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>

Can anyone name them?

</P>

This pic has me puzzled. In 1970 #20 was Scott Eaton, and we didn't have a #66*or 54.</P>

In the early 60's, *#20 was Jimmy Patton and #66 was Jack Stroud, and I* don't know who #54 is.</P>

Jimmy Patton
Jack Stroud
Max Messner

fourth&forever
10-31-2009, 01:03 PM
great. Thanks Key

bigblue12
10-31-2009, 01:06 PM
year round school and number for Willie Ponder.

zimonami
10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
year round school and number for Willie Ponder.</P>

Willie was No 87.</P>

I had to look up his college... SE Missouri State</P>

YATittle1962
10-31-2009, 02:29 PM

Willie was No 87.</P>

Zimmy check your PM when you get a chance

zimonami
10-31-2009, 09:05 PM

Willie was No 87.</P>

Zimmy check your PM when you get a chance</P>

PM back atcha, YA... if I did it right. Let me know if it didn't come through right... I'm new at it.</P>

YATittle1962
11-02-2009, 11:55 PM
ok fellas....enough of the doom and gloom....

who were the quarterbacks for each team the first time the Giants played the Chargers?

....and what year was it?

zimonami
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
ok fellas....enough of the doom and gloom.... who were the quarterbacks for each team the first time the Giants played the Chargers? ....and what year was it?</P>

It was '71. We still has Tark, and SD had Hadl. I was at the game, and we won, but I can't remember the score.</P>

SEC105
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

that was your first game SEC? how old were you? I was 9 and I remember it like it was a year ago.... that lit a fire in me that has not even dimmed in the slightest to this day. YA is still a superhero to me and the Giants still an obsession</P>

I was 7 YA when my Dad took meto that , myfirst game , YA's seven TD passes. He got season tickets in 1963 , the following year</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree ,enough of the doom amd gloom. We've been through plenty worse thanthis!!!Lets just go out and kick some *** this Sunday Name 3 Chargers in the Hall of Fame. </P>

Z</P>

Hostetler
11-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Im gonna go with Fouts, Chandler and Winslow

zimonami
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I agree ,enough of the doom amd gloom. We've been through plenty worse thanthis!!!Lets just go out and kick some *** this Sunday Name 3 Chargers in the Hall of Fame. </P>

Z</P>

</P>

They have more than 3. Lance Alworth was the first, and the first from the AFL in to the Hall. Fouts and Winslow. Also, I believe Ron Mix, from the 60's. There could be 1 or 2 more</P>

SEC105
11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
*I agree ,*enough of the doom amd gloom. We've been through plenty worse than*this!!!*Lets just go out and kick some *** this Sunday**** * Name 3 Chargers in the Hall of Fame. </P>

Z</P>

</P>

They have more than 3.* Lance Alworth was the first, and the first from the AFL in to the Hall.* Fouts and Winslow.* Also, I believe Ron Mix, from the 60's. There could be 1 or 2 more</P>
Pretty sure Mix is in the HOF Z and you are correct .................they have another WR who made it as well as one Coach that I'm sure of. Any thoughts on who these guys are?

Hostetler
11-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Charlie Joiner - Coryell - I think that whole passing game is in the hall - took me a while to remember Charlie - when I was a kid (14 - 15 yrs old) I wanted to be like lynn swann or wes chandler but charlie was a class act as a reciever.

SEC105
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Charlie Joiner - Coryell - I think that whole passing game is in the hall - took me a while to remember Charlie - when I was a kid (14 - 15 yrs old) I wanted to be like lynn swann or wes chandler but charlie was a class act as a reciever.
Hoss Charlie Joyner is right on and he was a good guy. Coryell would make sense [Air Coryell] but he's not in the Hall as far as I know. It's old time SD Coach [not that Coryell is'nt] lol
Z

SEC105
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
One more this Giant kick returner [around 1980] held the record for most kick off returns in one game. It was against San Diego. I think he only played one year for us.......maybe 2 at the most. Who was he?
Z

Hostetler
11-03-2009, 09:08 PM
this one is beyond me - just outside my beggining to know football years (i was 13 in '80) I remember certain things, and some players (Van Pelt, Czonka, Carpenter etc etc) though I must say if he had the most kick-off returns then it went really bad for the g-men

zimonami
11-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Charlie Joiner - Coryell - I think that whole passing game is in the hall - took me a while to remember Charlie - when I was a kid (14 - 15 yrs old) I wanted to be like lynn swann or wes chandler but charlie was a class act as a reciever. Hoss Charlie Joyner is right on and he was a good guy. Coryell would make sense [Air Coryell] but he's not in the Hall as far as I know. It's old time SD Coach [not that Coryell is'nt] lol Z</P>

It's Sid Gillman. He is considered one of the all time great Offensive genius'.</P>

YATittle1962
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

that was your first game SEC? how old were you? I was 9 and I remember it like it was a year ago.... that lit a fire in me that has not even dimmed in the slightest to this day. YA is still a superhero to me and the Giants still an obsession</P>

I was 7 YA when my Dad took me*to that , my*first game , YA's seven TD passes. He got season tickets in 1963 , the following year</P>

Z</P>

that is my exact story only I was 9.

tickets started in 63

SEC105
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM
this one is beyond me - just outside my beggining to know football years (i was 13 in '80) I remember certain things, and some players (Van Pelt, Czonka, Carpenter etc etc) though I must say if he had the most kick-off returns then it went really bad for the g-men
Thats a very tough one and you're quite right. He set the record because we were having a very bad day against the Chargers. Don't know if you recall his name but Sid Gilman was Coach of the Chargers who made the HOF. Well the good thing about being 13 in 80 is we were just coming into the LT Era......good years for sure once Parcels became HC [just not his first year] but what a decade it was

YATittle1962
11-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Im gonna go with Fouts, Chandler and Winslow

id agree with that....

YATittle1962
11-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Unitas was a Charger for a minute

dont think he counts ,,,,,, ;)

SEC105
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

I was 7 YA when my Dad took me*to that , my*first game , YA's seven TD passes. He got season tickets in 1963 , the following year</P>

Z</P>

tickets started in 63
Pretty cool when you think about it right YA? we've both been going all these years , started at the exact same time , same game. Now we finally cross paths on the MB.Gotta love it. My earliest Giant memory is listening to the Championship game on the radio in 61 16-7 loss to the Packers @ frozen Yankeee stadium Whats your earliest memory of a Giant game?
Z

zimonami
11-03-2009, 09:56 PM
One more this Giant kick returner [around 1980] held the record for most kick off returns in one game. It was against San Diego. I think he only played one year for us.......maybe 2 at the most. Who was he? Z</P>

I don't think it's 1980, SEC. I recall we got our butts kicked bad by SD in '80 and only scored 1 TD.</P>

Could it be another year, or against another team?</P>

SEC105
11-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Unitas was a Charger for a minute

dont think he counts ,,,,,, ;)
Nah , Johnny U does not count Unitas IS a Colt HOFer Fouts and Winslow are in I'm sure. IDK about Chandler
Z

SEC105
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
One more this Giant kick returner [around 1980] held the record for most kick off returns in one game. It was against San Diego. I think he only played one year for us.......maybe 2 at the most. Who was he? Z</P>

I don't think it's 1980, SEC. I recall we got our butts kicked bad by SD in '80 and only scored 1 TD.</P>

Pretty sure it was 1980 Z. He had like 6 or 7 kickoff returns for the Gmen against SD. He played for the Redskins after us and made some what of a name for himself AG initials

YATittle1962
11-04-2009, 12:21 AM

Z</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

tickets started in 63
Pretty cool when you think about it right YA? we've both been going all these years , started at the exact same time , same game. Now we finally cross paths on the MB.Gotta love it. My earliest Giant memory is listening to the Championship game on the radio in 61 16-7 loss to the Packers @ frozen Yankeee stadium Whats your earliest memory of a Giant game?
Z

my first Giant memory is hearing the 58 Championship game on the radio.

my uncle and Dad were sitting very close to the old Zenith cabinet radio chain smoking cigarettes....

we were living in the Bronx at the time...so that game was going on in just about walking distance....but I had no clue

a room full of smoke....me on the floor playing with .....a truck....maybe an airplane or something like that....hearing those guys cursing and saying the players names....

that game was in Dec and my birthday is in Nov so I was 6

I remember pretending I understood what was going on....didnt become addicted until the game we were both at in 62....

zimonami
11-04-2009, 12:25 AM

Pretty sure it was 1980 Z. He had like 6 or 7 kickoff returns for the Gmen against SD. He played for the Redskins after us and made some what of a name for himself AG initials</P>

Wow, my bad SEC. This is the 2nd time today I misread a post. I thought you meant kickoff returns for a TD. You just meant total KO returns... period.... which, since SD kicked our butts, would make sense that wehad a lot of KO returns.</P>

So, anyways, I wouldn't have gotten it without your AG hint.</P>

Little Alvin Garrett</P>

Hostetler
11-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Pretty sure it was 1980 Z. He had like 6 or 7 kickoff returns for the Gmen against SD. He played for the Redskins after us and made some what of a name for himself AG initials</P>

Wow, my bad SEC.* This is the 2nd time today* I misread a post.* I thought you meant kickoff returns for a TD.* You just meant total KO returns... period.... which, since SD kicked our butts, would make sense that we*had a lot of KO returns.</P>

Little Alvin Garrett</P>

Holy Moly - I remember Alvin Garret and yes - i remember him with the redskins

YATittle1962
11-04-2009, 12:53 AM

Wow, my bad SEC.* This is the 2nd time today* I misread a post.* I thought you meant kickoff returns for a TD.* You just meant total KO returns... period.... which, since SD kicked our butts, would make sense that we*had a lot of KO returns.</P>

Little Alvin Garrett</P>

Holy Moly - I remember Alvin Garret and yes - i remember him with the redskins

absolutely....he looked a bit like Sinorice Moss looks out there

Hostetler
11-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Thats a very tough one and you're quite right. He set the record because we were having a very bad day against the Chargers. Don't know if you recall his name but Sid Gilman was Coach of the Chargers who made the HOF. Well the good thing about being 13 in 80 is we were just coming into the LT Era......good years for sure once Parcels became HC [just not his first year] but what a decade it was

Actually - I remember being disapointed the second half of the decade. In 85 I really felt we had the team to beat the Bears but got completely out coached by Ditka and his staff.
After the SB win, we ran into the strike season
then is '88 and '89 injuries killed us. I really felt that with the team the Giants had they should have ripped off 3 possibly 4 SB and those 4 years between wasted the youth and fire of that awsome defense.

SEC105
11-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Little Alvin Garrett</P>
Alvin only played , I think , one year for us but he was kept busy with those KRs Z lol he was a little waterbug type if you remember. He did go on to some pretty good success in Washington if memory serves correct

SEC105
11-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Actually - I remember being disapointed the second half of the decade. In 85 I really felt we had the team to beat the Bears but got completely out coached by Ditka and his staff.
then is '88 and '89 injuries killed us. I really felt that with the team the Giants had they should have ripped off 3 possibly 4 SB and those 4 years between wasted the youth and fire of that awsome defense.
You're right Hoss and I'll believe to my dying that we should have won at least 3 if not 4 SBs in the late eighties ..........some of the best Giant teams ever imo. Leading up to those years was a long draw out haul , however. So many years were we thought we might finally be over the hump and bang ......right back to lousy football. Thats what me made appreciate the eighties so much even though we did not accomplish all we could have
Z

Hostetler
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM

You're right Hoss and I'll believe to my dying that we should have won at least 3 if not 4 SBs in the late eighties ..........some of the best Giant teams ever imo. Leading up to those years was a long draw out haul , however. So many years were we thought we might finally be over the hump and bang ......right back to lousy football. Thats what me made appreciate the eighties so much even though we did not accomplish all we could have
Z Though I do admit to being Priviledged to watch the Giants Linebacking corps change the very nature of football beginning with Brad Van Pelt and ending with Pepper (Armstead was a good LB, but by the time he came, the linebacker position was already redefined)

zimonami
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM

Wow, my bad SEC. This is the 2nd time today I misread a post. I thought you meant kickoff returns for a TD. You just meant total KO returns... period.... which, since SD kicked our butts, would make sense that wehad a lot of KO returns.</P>

Little Alvin Garrett</P>

Holy Moly - I remember Alvin Garret and yes - i remember him with the redskins absolutely....he looked a bit like Sinorice Moss looks out there</P>

I just looked him up... he was an inch shorter, 5'7", and 10 pounds lighter than Sinorice.</P>

He only had a few returns every year for Washington, but some were big returns. In addition he was used as a WR in '83 by the Skins and had some big catches.</P>

YATittle1962
11-04-2009, 02:12 PM
In a 1980 44 - 7 loss to the Chargers....5 players had rush attempts...

guess those 5 players......

...and which one of them had the Giants only TD?

UK-Giantsfan
11-04-2009, 02:26 PM
im guessing that Billy Taylor got the score .......or perhaps Larry Heater ......can't remember anyone else from that era .( i was only 11 and living in England ) .......when wasMorris drafted ...81/82 ????

SEC105
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

I was 7 YA when my Dad took meto that , myfirst game , YA's seven TD passes. He got season tickets in 1963 , the following year</P>

Z</P>

that is my exact story only I was 9. tickets started in 63 Pretty cool when you think about it right YA? we've both been going all these years , started at the exact same time , same game. Now we finally cross paths on the MB.Gotta love it. My earliest Giant memory is listening to the Championship game on the radio in 61 16-7 loss to the Packers @ frozen Yankeee stadium Whats your earliest memory of a Giant game? Z</P>

YA I do remember watching the 37-0 lossto Packers in 61on the black and white TV in one unhappy living room. So that would be myearliest memory. Got my years crossed up and listening to the 16-7 loss on the following year on radio because the Giants were blacked out @ Yankee Stadium. I'll chalk it up to young age at the time not my faltering mind as of today[;)]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
im guessing that Billy Taylor got the score .......or perhaps Larry Heater ......can't remember anyone else from that era .( i was only 11 and living in England ) .......when wasMorris drafted ...81/82 ????</P>

I'll throw some names in there to add to UKbut not positive on any. Simms Leon Perry and Alvin Garret [ yes that Alvin Garret[:D]]</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Woah. I just had a Larry Heater flashback.

SEC105
11-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I got onefor you guys. Who was the Giant rookie RB from USC who scoredat least 2 and possibly 3 TDs against the Chargers the first time we played them? 1970 or 1971</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
im guessing that Billy Taylor got the score .......or perhaps Larry Heater ......can't remember anyone else from that era .( i was only 11 and living in England ) .......when was*Morris drafted ...81/82 ????*</P>

I'll throw some names in there to add to UK*but not positive on any. Simms** Leon Perry and Alvin Garret [ yes that Alvin Garret[:D]]</P>

Z</P>billy taylor,bo matthews,heater,simms,and doornink?

a40yrbluefan
11-04-2009, 08:28 PM
1970, Gmen at New Orleans.* 4th Qtr and Gmen losing 14-10.* 4th and Goal.* Tarkenton throws a TD pass to a wide open Bob Tucker... he is standing in the end zone, at least 2 feet from OB. He stands there and*flips the ball to the ref... Except the Ref calls no TD, and we lose 14-10. There were no penalties on the play.</P>
>Why was the TD not allowed? (would have been a simple no-brainer TD with instant replay</P>

</P>

I guess this wasn't fair.* If you didn't see the play you would never know... probably have to be over 50 to have seen it.* I'll wait a while for some older geezers, like me, to see if anyone gets it</P>

</P>

Very sorry, peoples, I've been away.</P>

Inside the white lines that frame the end zone was painted black...3 foot wide total black swath all around the inside border of the end zone. Inside of that the rest of the end zone was gold with the Saints logo in the center.</P>

Tucker was standing in the black, 2 feet away from the white OB line.* Mind you, he was standing, not moving when he caught the pass.* TD!!* He turns around and flips the ball to the ref, not realizing that the second he caught it the ref signalled Out of Bounds.* The ref forgot that the black was part of the end zone... he saw it as OB.*The Giants started to run off the field so the extra point team could come on.* Meanwhile, the Saints Offense runs on the field. The refs spot the ball at the previous spot and tell the Gmen to get their defense on the field because Tucker was OB. It was toooo late, the call was made and no other ref tried to correct it... just went with the call and demanded the Giant defense come out.* Instead of winning 17-14, we lose 14-10.</P>

That couldn't happen again, and the Saints end zone was never painted that way again.</P>

i have a slightly different memory of that play. i was ten and had been an avid giants fan for a season and a half (i had been around the games on tv and watched some of them for years before that, but not as avidly). It may be i am mixing this play up with another one and kinda combing the two, but it doesn't feel like i am. as soon as i read your post this memory hit me like a flash.
tucker was actually diving as he made the catch. he had the toes of both feet on the ground as he was stretched out catching the ball. he dragged his feete through the gold, continued through the black, and all the way through and out of the white out of bounds marker. the ref called him out of bounds. i don't remember for sure seeing replays of the catch, but one thing emblazoned on my mind is the camera zooming in and showing two sets of tracks where his toes tore up the sod. you could litaerally see the brown of dirt running from the gold, and thru the black then white. tough luck, the ref had already called him out of bounds, no catch. while i cannot swear that this was the same play, it is too close for me to belileve otherwise . that was a black day to be sure.

YATittle1962
11-04-2009, 09:01 PM
I got one*for you guys. Who was the Giant rookie RB from USC who scored*at least 2 and possibly 3 TDs against the Chargers the first time we played them? 1970 or 1971</P>

Z</P>

I know who you are talking about....

pretty big cat...I think he wore 30 or 31.....

cannot for the life of me think of his name ......

to lazy to look it up.......

....Zimmy knows

zimonami
11-04-2009, 09:20 PM
1970, Gmen at New Orleans. 4th Qtr and Gmen losing 14-10. 4th and Goal. Tarkenton throws a TD pass to a wide open Bob Tucker... he is standing in the end zone, at least 2 feet from OB. He stands there andflips the ball to the ref... Except the Ref calls no TD, and we lose 14-10. There were no penalties on the play.</P>&gt;Why was the TD not allowed? (would have been a simple no-brainer TD with instant replay

</P>

</P>

I guess this wasn't fair. If you didn't see the play you would never know... probably have to be over 50 to have seen it. I'll wait a while for some older geezers, like me, to see if anyone gets it</P>

</P>

Very sorry, peoples, I've been away.</P>

Inside the white lines that frame the end zone was painted black...3 foot wide total black swath all around the inside border of the end zone. Inside of that the rest of the end zone was gold with the Saints logo in the center.</P>

Tucker was standing in the black, 2 feet away from the white OB line. Mind you, he was standing, not moving when he caught the pass. TD!! He turns around and flips the ball to the ref, not realizing that the second he caught it the ref signalled Out of Bounds. The ref forgot that the black was part of the end zone... he saw it as OB.The Giants started to run off the field so the extra point team could come on. Meanwhile, the Saints Offense runs on the field. The refs spot the ball at the previous spot and tell the Gmen to get their defense on the field because Tucker was OB. It was toooo late, the call was made and no other ref tried to correct it... just went with the call and demanded the Giant defense come out. Instead of winning 17-14, we lose 14-10.</P>

That couldn't happen again, and the Saints end zone was never painted that way again.</P>

i have a slightly different memory of that play. i was ten and had been an avid giants fan for a season and a half (i had been around the games on tv and watched some of them for years before that, but not as avidly). It may be i am mixing this play up with another one and kinda combing the two, but it doesn't feel like i am. as soon as i read your post this memory hit me like a flash. tucker was actually diving as he made the catch. he had the toes of both feet on the ground as he was stretched out catching the ball. he dragged his feete through the gold, continued through the black, and all the way through and out of the white out of bounds marker. the ref called him out of bounds. i don't remember for sure seeing replays of the catch, but one thing emblazoned on my mind is the camera zooming in and showing two sets of tracks where his toes tore up the sod. you could litaerally see the brown of dirt running from the gold, and thru the black then white. tough luck, the ref had already called him out of bounds, no catch. while i cannot swear that this was the same play, it is too close for me to belileve otherwise . that was a black day to be sure.</P>

40YR- Wow, good contribution. I think you've got two plays confused... or, combined. I was 24 at the time and my menory on it is pretty clear... like instant replay. Tucker lined up on the left.Ran a quick cross with the WR, and no one picked him up. He turned in the end-zone and was virtually standing still when he caught the ball in the black. I am 99% sure that I'm accurate because I've told others about that play a few dozen times in my life, and re-lived it in my brain each time. I thought hard on your recollection, and it doesn't stick. It was an absurdly easy TD because there wasn't a Saint within 15 feet of him,and should have been as easy to call by the ref.Tucker just turned to the ref, 5 feet away, anf calmly flipped him the ball. They didn't celebrate TD's back then, like they do now.</P>

I wish we could find someone else who remembers that play because there's always a chance my old brain is wrong.</P>

a40yrbluefan
11-04-2009, 09:23 PM
zimonami, or anyone else for that matter, if the feet drag catch is NOT the play you referred to in new orleans, and he was just standing there and then flipped to the ball to the ref, then does anyone remember the play i am talking about? could it have actually been a 2ND bad call in the same game? i definitely remember the three colored end zone......

zimonami
11-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I got onefor you guys. Who was the Giant rookie RB from USC who scoredat least 2 and possibly 3 TDs against the Chargers the first time we played them? 1970 or 1971</P>

Z</P>

I know who you are talking about.... pretty big cat...I think he wore 30 or 31..... cannot for the life of me think of his name ...... to lazy to look it up....... ....Zimmy knows</P>

Yup, that was Charlie Evans. He was a late round draft pick... 12th, 13th round, or so. Played for us 2-3 years and got a lot of carries near the goal cuz he was a powerful 220-230#, but not real fast.</P>

YATittle1962
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I got one*for you guys. Who was the Giant rookie RB from USC who scored*at least 2 and possibly 3 TDs against the Chargers the first time we played them? 1970 or 1971</P>

Z</P>

I know who you are talking about.... pretty big cat...I think he wore 30 or 31..... cannot for the life of me think of his name ...... to lazy to look it up....... ....Zimmy knows</P>

Yup, that was Charlie Evans. He was a late round draft pick... 12th, 13th round, or so. Played for us 2-3 years and got a lot of carries near the goal cuz he was a powerful 220-230#, but not real fast.</P>

Evans!!!! thats it

a40yrbluefan
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
thanks for the update, i am sure you are correct. now i just have to remember the play i am thinking about. i think i remember the 3 colored end zone of the play you describe and i think i must remember a catch with the feet drag through perhaps only two colors (end zone and out of bounds line) my brain is pretty fuzzy, i wasn't too kind to it during the seventies. perhaps it was a game shortly after the play you described and i linked it to the new orleans game by thinking
"MAN! we got screwed again!"...great thread everyone, my giant memories really start off late 60's with a spattering of earlier stuff, i cut my teeth in the seventies (ugh) then went overseas for 6 years and resumed watching in 84. just in time! thanks for jogging the brain cells!

zimonami
11-04-2009, 10:23 PM
thanks for the update, i am sure you are correct. now i just have to remember the play i am thinking about. i think i remember the 3 colored end zone of the play you describe and i think i must remember a catch with the feet drag through perhaps only two colors (end zone and out of bounds line) my brain is pretty fuzzy, i wasn't too kind to it during the seventies. perhaps it was a game shortly after the play you described and i linked it to the new orleans game by thinking "MAN! we got screwed again!"...great thread everyone, my giant memories really start off late 60's with a spattering of earlier stuff, i cut my teeth in the seventies (ugh) then went overseas for 6 years and resumed watching in 84. just in time! thanks for jogging the brain cells!</P>

I keep thinking on your play description and you're right... I can remember the camera showing the drag marks from both feet across the painted sod. I know you've got a correct play recollection there. Can't remember if it's the same game, or another game at NO... and it could have been Tucker.</P>

It's too bad there wasn't instant replay/challenges back then.</P>

Hostetler
11-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Giants 49'ers

Rush 152 yds/0TD 39yds/0TD

Pass 159yds/0TD 201yds/1TD

Who won, what was score, and what year,

YATittle1962
11-05-2009, 12:07 PM
im guessing that Billy Taylor got the score .......or perhaps Larry Heater ......can't remember anyone else from that era .( i was only 11 and living in England ) .......when was*Morris drafted ...81/82 ????*

Simms
Billy Taylor
Bo Matthews
Leon Perry
Larry Heater

were the rushers

Taylor had the TD

Morris came in 82

UK-Giantsfan
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
an easy one for you guys .....in 1998 which SD quarterback threw 4 Int and 0 Td against us ( and was benched in the 3rd Q if i remember correctly )

zimonami
11-05-2009, 04:44 PM
an easy one for you guys .....in 1998 which SD quarterback threw 4 Int and 0 Td against us ( and was benched in the 3rd Q if i remember correctly )</P>

Good question, UK. That was the famous #1 pick, Ryan Leaf. I think you're right... he was benched, but I can't begin to remember who the Charger backup QB was.</P>

I think Danny Kannell was our QB that game. That year Kannell and Kent Graham were our QB's... both OK, but neither was great, although I always hope Graham would work out for us because he had such a powerful arm... remember that TD pass, Grahamto Toomer, at the end of the game at Giant Stadium that beat the undefeated, to that point, Denver Broncos?</P>

UK-Giantsfan
11-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Good question, UK.* That was the famous #1 pick, Ryan Leaf.* I think you're right... he was benched, but I can't begin to remember who the Charger backup QB was

absolutely right Z ...... a sad story really when you consider Leaf's potential ......and i cant think who replaced him as QB either ......does anybody know ?

zimonami
11-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Good question, UK. That was the famous #1 pick, Ryan Leaf. I think you're right... he was benched, but I can't begin to remember who the Charger backup QB was absolutely right Z ...... a sad story really when you consider Leaf's potential ......and i cant think who replaced him as QB either ......does anybody know ?</P>

I looked it up... Craig Whelihan. ???</P>

I'll bet not one person on here remembers that name... I know I don't recall it.</P>

Leaf had all the tools. It shows you that making itn as a QB is more than physical tools... you have to have the right mental make-up, too.</P>

I don't think Leaf ever had the moxie to make himself into a pro QB. He was all about take the money and run. He's still got problems, and he's broke.</P>

YATittle1962
11-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Good question, UK.* That was the famous #1 pick, Ryan Leaf.* I think you're right... he was benched, but I can't begin to remember who the Charger backup QB was absolutely right Z ...... a sad story really when you consider Leaf's potential ......and i cant think who replaced him as QB either ......does anybody know ?</P>

I looked it up... Craig Whelihan.* ???</P>

I'll bet not one person on here remembers that name... I know I don't recall it.</P>

Leaf had all the tools.* It shows you that making itn as a QB is more than physical tools... you have to have the right mental make-up, too.</P>

I don't think Leaf ever had the moxie to make himself into a pro QB.* He was all about take the money and run.* He's still got problems, and he's broke.</P>

Leaf was an interception machine and a major head case.

in 1998 Leaf threw 4 picks against the Giants and was pulled from the game...

who was the Chargers kicker that day who kicked 3 field goals?

zimonami
11-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Good question, UK. That was the famous #1 pick, Ryan Leaf. I think you're right... he was benched, but I can't begin to remember who the Charger backup QB was absolutely right Z ...... a sad story really when you consider Leaf's potential ......and i cant think who replaced him as QB either ......does anybody know ?</P>

I looked it up... Craig Whelihan. ???</P>

Leaf had all the tools. It shows you that making itn as a QB is more than physical tools... you have to have the right mental make-up, too.</P>

I don't think Leaf ever had the moxie to make himself into a pro QB. He was all about take the money and run. He's still got problems, and he's broke.</P>

Leaf was an interception machine and a major head case. in 1998 Leaf threw 4 picks against the Giants and was pulled from the game... who was the Chargers kicker that day who kicked 3 field goals?</P>

This is a hahahaha type question</P>

It was John Carney... will he ever retire?</P>

zimonami
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Who was the first player from the old AFL to be admitted into the Hall of fame? What was his nickname?

YATittle1962
11-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Who was the first player from the old AFL to be admitted into the Hall of fame? What was his nickname?

I believe it was multiple pro bowler O lineman for the Bills ......Billy Shaw

not sure what his nickname was though......

tough loss tonight Zim

zimonami
11-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Who was the first player from the old AFL to be admitted into the Hall of fame? What was his nickname? I believe it was multiple pro bowler O lineman for the Bills ......Billy Shaw not sure what his nickname was though...... tough loss tonight Zim</P>

Yeah, bad loss. I felt all along that we'd come out on top. Our intensity was better on both sides of the ball. Who can you fault? Tynes for the first FG fiasco? Not getting a TD with 1st and 4?</P>

It bites. Games like this make for a long trip home.</P>

I haven't even looked at other threads on the boards. There's going to be a lot of angst.</P>

1st AFLer... Bambi... Lance Alworth from SD</P>

We have to go 5-2, minimum. It will be a tough task... but, they played better today, with some pride. Hope springs eternal, YA. It ain't over 'til it's over.</P>

YATittle1962
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Who was the first player from the old AFL to be admitted into the Hall of fame? What was his nickname? I believe it was multiple pro bowler O lineman for the Bills ......Billy Shaw not sure what his nickname was though...... tough loss tonight Zim</P>

Yeah, bad loss. I felt all along that we'd come out on top.* Our intensity was better on both sides of the ball. Who can you fault?* Tynes for the first FG fiasco? Not getting a TD with 1st and 4?</P>

I haven't even looked at other threads on the boards.* There's going to be a lot of angst.</P>

We have to go 5-2, minimum.* It will be a tough task... but, they played better today, with some pride.* Hope springs eternal, YA.* It ain't over 'til it's over.</P>

yeah Yogi said it best......

we did show some fire last night.......that conservative play calling bit us in the *** though....

what was the Atlanta Falcons first year of existence .....and what year did they first beat the Giants?

.....who was our beloved coach that year?

Hostetler
11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Giants 49'ers

Rush 152 yds/0TD 39yds/0TD

Pass 159yds/0TD 201yds/1TD

Who won, what was score, and what year,

No takers on this? is it because it is an easy one or I did not give enough info?

YATittle1962
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
how many teams in NFL history have lost 4 in a row after starting 5-0?

Hostetler
11-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I really really hope the Giants do not hold that distinction as the only team ever to do this

SEC105
11-09-2009, 03:40 PM

Yeah, bad loss. I felt all along that we'd come out on top. Our intensity was better on both sides of the ball. Who can you fault? Tynes for the first FG fiasco? Not getting a TD with 1st and 4?</P>

I haven't even looked at other threads on the boards. There's going to be a lot of angst.</P>

We have to go 5-2, minimum. It will be a tough task... but, they played better today, with some pride. Hope springs eternal, YA. It ain't over 'til it's over.</P>

yeah Yogi said it best...... we did show some fire last night.......that conservative play calling bit us in the *** though.... what was the Atlanta Falcons first year of existence .....and what year did they first beat the Giants? .....who was our beloved coach that year?</P>

I know there first year was 1966 and I'm fairly sure they beat us @ Yannkee Stadium. One of only 2 or 3 wins for them. So it had to be [8] Goodbye Allie[8] Sherman</P>

Jeeezzz that was one of the most gut wrenching regular season losses in a quite awhile yesterday. We were so pumped after Thomas int. I was certain at that point we would win "DEFENSE , DEFENSE , DEFENSE"</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Giants 49'ers Rush 152 yds/0TD 39yds/0TD Pass 159yds/0TD 201yds/1TD Who won, what was score, and what year, No takers on this? is it because it is an easy one or I did not give enough info?</P>

15-13 ? our playoff victory over SF on the way to SB 25?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
11-09-2009, 05:33 PM
how many teams in NFL history have lost 4 in a row after starting 5-0?</P>

I think Detroit did it... but, my recollection was that they were 6-0 before hitting the skids.</P>

I'm sure there are others... hope so, anyway. Time's short and I'll think on it in between stuff.</P>

SEC105
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Well , last Sundays loss was excruciating there was a time when it was worse as we all know. From today's paper...........whens the last time we lost a game by an opponent's scoring a TD with 21 seconds or less to play?
Z

Hostetler
11-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Giants 49'ers Rush 152 yds/0TD 39yds/0TD Pass 159yds/0TD 201yds/1TD Who won, what was score, and what year, No takers on this? is it because it is an easy one or I did not give enough info?</P>

15-13 ?*** our playoff victory over SF on the way to SB 25?</P>

Z</P>

Right you are Z - Bahr made 5-6 fieldgoals, while Montana hit a long pass for a TD in the late 3rd or early 4th to give some drama. On a side note - SF and the Giants played a Monday Night game earlier in the season that ended up 7-3 SF and solidified my extreme hatred of Ronnie Lott(great player but man he crushed my my giants on more than one occasion)

SEC105
11-11-2009, 10:57 AM

15-13 ?*** our playoff victory over SF on the way to SB 25?</P>

Z</P>

Right you are Z - Bahr made 5-6 fieldgoals, while Montana hit a long pass for a TD in the late 3rd or early 4th to give some drama. On a side note - SF and the Giants played a Monday Night game earlier in the season that ended up 7-3 SF and solidified my extreme hatred of Ronnie Lott(great player but man he crushed my my giants on more than one occasion)
Remember it well that 7-3 game .......Simms got right in Lotts face after the game was over , just about came to fisticuffs....I loved Simms fire
Z

YATittle1962
11-11-2009, 11:42 AM

I think Detroit did it... but, my recollection was that they were 6-0 before hitting the skids.</P>

I'm sure there are others... hope so, anyway.* Time's short and I'll think on it in between stuff.</P>

only 2 teams

2009 Giants

1989 Rams

the Rams went on to make the playoffs.......as we know......Flipper

zimonami
11-11-2009, 11:51 AM

15-13 ? our playoff victory over SF on the way to SB 25?</P>

Z</P>

Right you are Z - Bahr made 5-6 fieldgoals, while Montana hit a long pass for a TD in the late 3rd or early 4th to give some drama. On a side note - SF and the Giants played a Monday Night game earlier in the season that ended up 7-3 SF and solidified my extreme hatred of Ronnie Lott(great player but man he crushed my my giants on more than one occasion) Remember it well that 7-3 game .......Simms got right in Lotts face after the game was over , just about came to fisticuffs....I loved Simms fire Z</P>

Yeah, that's also one of my favorite Simm's memories. </P>

Simm's had a temper at times, and I remember him and Parcells going at it a few times as Simms came off the field. </P>

Honestly... I was hoping Simms would take a punch at Lott, or just jump him. The ensuing melee would have been classic. My minds eye sees LT throwing bodies inall directions, while Simms pounds Lott a few times. The Offensive linemen always remarked how Simms worked out the hardest in the weight room... he was no pansy.</P>

zimonami
11-11-2009, 11:56 AM

I'm sure there are others... hope so, anyway. Time's short and I'll think on it in between stuff.</P>

only 2 teams 2009 Giants 1989 Rams the Rams went on to make the playoffs.......as we know......Flipper</P>

I was there, as you probably were, too, YA. My son and I sat stunned, as he continued through the east enzone and through the wrong exit, for him. We looked at each other, in zombie-land, and stood up and left. I don't even know how long we walked without saying a word, but the surrounding fans were as quiet... just stunned silence. It was a tomb.</P>

</P>

I see us limping in to the playoffs at 10-6, and facing all away games. We pull a Flipper Anderson of our own in the wildcard game, and go on to repeat our heroics of '07. </P>

Pittsburgh, Indy, or the Pats await us at the SB. Any one of those three matchups would be classic. The Manning brothers, or can the Giants of '07 repeat against the heavily favored Pats? or, Old foes from the early NFL days meet... two teams stillowned by old NFL Families.</P>

YATittle1962
11-11-2009, 12:05 PM

I'm sure there are others... hope so, anyway.* Time's short and I'll think on it in between stuff.</P>

only 2 teams 2009 Giants 1989 Rams the Rams went on to make the playoffs.......as we know......Flipper</P>

I was there, as you probably were, too, YA. My son and I sat stunned, as he continued through the east enzone and through the wrong exit, for him. We looked at each other, in zombie-land, and stood up and left.* I don't even know how long we walked without saying a word, but the surrounding fans were as quiet... just stunned silence. It was a tomb.</P>

My son and I also walked silently through that tomb....

I remember having eye contact with other fans as we waited on the stairs and just shaking our heads at each other....

that might have been the most silent walk out of that stadium that I have ever experienced

YATittle1962
11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Well , last Sundays loss was excruciating there was a time when it was worse as we all know. From today's paper...........whens the last time we lost a game by an opponent's scoring a TD with 21 seconds or less to play?
Z

this one is burning my brain.....

I can think of last second field goals...even OT TDs....ala Flipper

but TD in the finals seconds is escaping me at the moment......that may be by design ;)

looking forward to the answer to this one

zimonami
11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Well , last Sundays loss was excruciating there was a time when it was worse as we all know. From today's paper...........whens the last time we lost a game by an opponent's scoring a TD with 21 seconds or less to play? Z this one is burning my brain..... I can think of last second field goals...even OT TDs....ala Flipper but TD in the finals seconds is escaping me at the moment......that may be by design ;) looking forward to the answer to this one</P>

I guess the Flipper loss in '89, in OT, doesn't count?</P>

I can't think of a last 21 second loss.</P>

SEC105
11-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Well , last Sundays loss was excruciating there was a time when it was worse as we all know. From today's paper...........whens the last time we lost a game by an opponent's scoring a TD with 21 seconds or less to play? Z this one is burning my brain..... I can think of last second field goals...even OT TDs....ala Flipper but TD in the finals seconds is escaping me at the moment......that may be by design ;) looking forward to the answer to this one</P>

</P>

Not the "Flipper" game gang............this one was just as painfull ,even unbelievable............. and it happened @ Giants Stadium</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
11-11-2009, 08:49 PM

</P>

Not the "Flipper" game gang............this one was just as painfull ,*even unbelievable............. and it happened @ Giants Stadium</P>

Z</P>

I gotta know SEC

jints10
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Well , last Sundays loss was excruciating there was a time when it was worse as we all know. From today's paper...........whens the last time we lost a game by an opponent's scoring a TD with 21 seconds or less to play? Z this one is burning my brain..... I can think of last second field goals...even OT TDs....ala Flipper but TD in the finals seconds is escaping me at the moment......that may be by design ;) looking forward to the answer to this one</p>

I guess the Flipper loss in '89, in OT, doesn't count?</p>

I can't think of a last 21 second loss.</p>

</p>

Not the "Flipper" game gang............this one was just as painfull ,even unbelievable............. and it happened @ Giants Stadium</p>

Z</p>

I gotta know SEC
How bout the fumble? Eagles scored a TD in the last few seconds

zimonami
11-11-2009, 09:34 PM

</P>

Not the "Flipper" game gang............this one was just as painfull ,even unbelievable............. and it happened @ Giants Stadium</P>

Z</P>

I gotta know SEC
</P>

Geez, jints 10, we talk about that infamous fumble all the time, and yet it didin't come to mind. I'm trying all this time to picture another team's offense scoring on us. I'm humbled, as I know YA will be if the fumble is the answer...lol.</P>

Thanks, it is surely ay least one correct answer, but may not be the definitive one if there was one more recently.</P>

</P>

rbcarpenter
11-11-2009, 11:48 PM

</P>

Not the "Flipper" game gang............this one was just as painfull ,*even unbelievable............. and it happened @ Giants Stadium</P>

Z</P>

I gotta know SEC
</P>

Geez, jints 10, we talk about that infamous fumble all the time, and yet it didin't come to mind.* I'm trying all this time to picture another team's offense scoring on us. I'm humbled, as I know YA will be if the fumble is the answer...lol.</P>

Thanks, it is surely ay least one correct answer, but may not be the definitive one if there was one* more recently.</P>

*</P>how abot the st louis game in st louis in '82?cards drive the length of the field in 1:01 to win with (i think)19 seconds left?knocked us out of a playoff run ,i beleive.