PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

SEC105
12-09-2009, 05:53 PM
On Halloween 1999 we beat the Eagles in overtime. What Giant defensive player tipped a Philly pass which was intercepted by another Giant and run back for the game winning score?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I know Strahan had the TD, but I can't remember if he tipped it, or another defender.</P>

</P>

Who had the other INT for us in that game?</P>

</P>

Jason Sehorn Z?</P>

Strahan scored but CP [initials]tipped the ball. Remember who the Eagles QBwas?</P>

the eagles qb that game was doug"what do i do?"pederson.:)the andy reid green bay connection.what a bum!</P>

Thats who it was RobC...................who tipped that interception for Strahan to catch CP [initials]</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
On Halloween 1999 we beat the Eagles in overtime. What Giant defensive player tipped a Philly pass which was intercepted by another Giant and run back for the game winning score?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I know Strahan had the TD, but I can't remember if he tipped it, or another defender.</P>

</P>

</P>

Jason Sehorn Z?</P>

Strahan scored but CP [initials]tipped the ball. Remember who the Eagles QBwas?</P>

the eagles qb that game was doug"what do i do?"pederson.:)the andy reid green bay connection.what a bum!</P>

Thats who it was RobC...................who tipped that interception for Strahan to catch CP [initials]</P>

Z</P>

</P>

CP - Christian Peters</P>

</P>

No, SEC, it wasn't Sehorn</P>

</P>

SEC - I grew up near the north shore of Nassau County. You must be near the south shore to surf</P>

YATittle1962
12-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Z*</P>

</P>

*</P>

Im thinking it was either Garnes or Armstead.....

I feel like they both made some plays in that game.

I remember being impressed y Kent Graham that day....

zimonami
12-09-2009, 10:24 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Im thinking it was either Garnes or Armstead..... I feel like they both made some plays in that game. I remember being impressed y Kent Graham that day....</P>

Jessie had the other INT</P>

YATittle1962
12-09-2009, 10:41 PM
in that 1989 season heartbreak loss to the Eagles @ Giants Stadium......

17 - 17 ........ 4th quarter

backed up to their goalline the Eagles punt the Ball on 3rd down....

the Giants start deep in their own territory....when Simms fumbles and the Eagles recover....

the Eagles score a TD and win..

who punted the ball for the Eagles?

...and who scored the deciding TD?

rbcarpenter
12-09-2009, 10:57 PM

the Giants start deep in their own territory....when Simms fumbles and the Eagles recover....

...and who scored the deciding TD?cunningham with a 92 yd punt,byars on a short run,i think.

YATittle1962
12-09-2009, 11:04 PM

...and who scored the deciding TD?cunningham with a 92 yd punt,byars on a short run,i think.

rbc on the money once again.....

I dug deep in the memory bank for that one to....hahahaha

YATittle1962
12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
ok heres one......

can you tell me the date and final score of the game where Vai Sikahema boxed the goal post after returning the kick?

I only remember because that was the day my nephew was born.

...also because of Vai.....that had an impact on me at the time....I wanted to crush him

IBleedB1ue
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM
i got one.</P>

</P>

</P>

what team drafted brett favre?</P>

YATittle1962
12-09-2009, 11:22 PM
i got one.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

what team drafted brett favre?</P>

Atlanta Falcons

IBleedB1ue
12-09-2009, 11:29 PM
lol that one was easy. i wish i could answer yours but i wasnt even born on that day

YATittle1962
12-09-2009, 11:31 PM
lol that one was easy. i wish i could answer yours but i wasnt even born on that day

we enjoy your contribution....

feel free to ask away....any question....any time....

there are a few guys here that can blow your mind with the things they know....its great fun....

we all learn a lot

IBleedB1ue
12-09-2009, 11:42 PM
thank you [;)], i enjoy these boards alot, there are always interesting posts. i wish i could stay on here longer but im off to bed [|-)]</P>

</P>

</P>

rbcarpenter
12-10-2009, 12:19 AM
thank you [;)], i enjoy these boards alot, there are always interesting posts. i wish i could stay on here longer but im off to bed* [|-)]</P>

*</P>

*</P>looking foward to seeing you again!YA,the only thing i remember about that game is that the g-men lost,and i wanted to kick sikahema in the nuts.TWICE!now i have to put up with that loser on the local sports(philly area)every night.GRR!

YATittle1962
12-10-2009, 02:13 AM
ok heres one......

can you tell me the date and final score of the game where Vai Sikahema boxed the goal post after returning the kick?

I only remember because that was the day my nephew was born.

...also because of Vai.....that had an impact on me at the time....I wanted to crush him

SEC105
12-10-2009, 03:01 PM
ok heres one...... can you tell me the date and final score of the game where Vai Sikahema boxed the goal post after returning the kick? I only remember because that was the day my nephew was born. ...also because of Vai.....that had an impact on me at the time....I wanted to crush him</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sglasPrb9k</P>

This isit....Can't remember when it was.............early 90s?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Jason Sehorn Z?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

CP - Christian Peters</P>

</P>

No, SEC, it wasn't Sehorn</P>

</P>

SEC - I grew up near the north shore of Nassau County. You must be near the south shore to surf</P>

</P>

Christian Peters was the Giant who tipped it Z</P>

You're are correct. I'm asouth shore guy and live down near the Great South Bay.Easy commute to the waves. North Shore is beautiful with the Long Island Sound</P>

YATittle1962
12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
ok heres one...... can you tell me the date and final score of the game where Vai Sikahema boxed the goal post after returning the kick? I only remember because that was the day my nephew was born. ...also because of Vai.....that had an impact on me at the time....I wanted to crush him</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sglasPrb9k</P>

This is*it....Can't remember when it was.............early 90s?</P>

Z</P>

it was Nov. 22 1992

on this day in 1967 we lost Otis Redding......just wanted to give a shout for one of the greatest singer song writers of all time....

SEC105
12-10-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nA18g_PwG0</P>

Nice shout out YA</P>

How did he pass away?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-10-2009, 04:00 PM

Nice shout out YA</P>

Z</P>

his plane went down over Madison Wisconsin....

I loved him as a kid....

I was one of the only white kids in a black neighborhood growing up in the 60s.....that was crazy in itself for those of you who remember the 60s.....

...and my friends turned me on to the best music in the world ...all of which I still love to this day....

Otis' music is very dear to my heart

SEC105
12-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Who was the former Eagle RB ....late seventies into the 80s who wore number 31. He scored for them on Nov. 19 1978.....a day that will live in Giant Stadium infamy

YATittle1962
12-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Who was the former Eagle RB* ....late seventies into the 80s who wore number 31. He scored for them on Nov. 19 1978.....a day that will live in Giant Stadium infamy

that was that damn Wilbert Montgomery....

he used to slash us quite a bit

SEC105
12-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Who was the former Eagle RB ....late seventies into the 80s who wore number 31. He scored for them on Nov. 19 1978.....a day that will live in Giant Stadium infamy that was that damn Wilbert Montgomery.... he used to slash us quite a bit</P>

Yes he did. He was a tough SOB. Randall Cunningham is the younger brother of which former NFL player?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-10-2009, 05:20 PM

Nice shout out YA</P>

Z</P>

his plane went down over Madison Wisconsin.... I loved him as a kid.... I was one of the only white kids in a black neighborhood growing up in the 60s.....that was crazy in itself for those of you who remember the 60s..... ...and my friends turned me on to the best music in the world ...all of which I still love to this day.... Otis' music is very dear to my heart</P>

Spring '69, my wife and I lived in an apartment in Waterbury, Ct. A month before we were to move a new tenant moved in above us. For our last month there, every morning at 6 AM. we were awakened to himpracticing "Sitiing on the dock of the Bay" on his guitar. Thankfully, we loved the song, so we never complained</P>

SEC105
12-10-2009, 05:35 PM

Nice shout out YA</P>

Z</P>

his plane went down over Madison Wisconsin.... I loved him as a kid.... I was one of the only white kids in a black neighborhood growing up in the 60s.....that was crazy in itself for those of you who remember the 60s..... ...and my friends turned me on to the best music in the world ...all of which I still love to this day.... Otis' music is very dear to my heart</P>

Spring '69, my wife and I lived in an apartment in Waterbury, Ct. A month before we were to move a new tenant moved in above us. For our last month there, every morning at 6 AM. we were awakened to himpracticing "Sitiing on the dock of the Bay" on his guitar. Thankfully, we loved the song, so we never complained</P>

</P>

Wow , thats some great memory for you Z. What was he like?</P>

rbcarpenter
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Who was the former Eagle RB* ....late seventies into the 80s who wore number 31. He scored for them on Nov. 19 1978.....a day that will live in Giant Stadium infamy that was that damn Wilbert Montgomery.... he used to slash us quite a bit</P>

Yes he did. He was a tough SOB. Randall Cunningham is the younger brother of which former NFL player?</P>

Z</P>that would be sam"bam"cunningham of the patriots.

SEC105
12-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Who was the former Eagle RB ....late seventies into the 80s who wore number 31. He scored for them on Nov. 19 1978.....a day that will live in Giant Stadium infamy that was that damn Wilbert Montgomery.... he used to slash us quite a bit</P>

Z</P>

that would be sam"bam"cunningham of the patriots.</P>

That was him RC...."Sam The Bam" , always liked him........Randall , not so much[;)]</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-11-2009, 12:50 AM
1988 Giants Stadium

Giants vs Eagles...

Giants lose very painfully in OT. 23-17

how did the winning score go down?

it was very odd....

jints10
12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
1988 Giants Stadium

Giants vs Eagles...

Giants lose very painfully in OT. 23-17

how did the winning score go down?

it was very odd.... That was the game where LT blocked a field goal attempt only to be picked up by an Eagle and ran in for an Eagle game winning TD

SEC105
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
1988 Giants Stadium Giants vs Eagles... Giants lose very painfully in OT. 23-17 how did the winning score go down? it was very odd.... That was the game where LT blocked a field goal attempt only to be picked up by an Eagle and ran in for an Eagle game winning TD
</P>

Who was the Eagle who picked up that blocked kick and ran it in?</P>

Z</P>

patsrule666
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
1988 Giants Stadium Giants vs Eagles... Giants lose very painfully in OT. 23-17 how did the winning score go down? it was very odd.... That was the game where LT blocked a field goal attempt only to be picked up by an Eagle and ran in for an Eagle game winning TD
</P>

Z</P> Is that the Herm Edwards play??

jints10
12-11-2009, 05:43 PM
</p>

Who was the Eagle who picked up that blocked kick and ran it in?</p>

Z</p> Is that the Herm Edwards play??
No Pat's, the Edwards play was known as "The Fumble" and happened in 1978.

I can't remember the name of the Eagle. I'm sure someone here knows though.

SEC105
12-11-2009, 05:48 PM
</P>

Z</P>

Is that the Herm Edwards play??

</P>

Soon as you guys here his name you will know it. He hadno business scoring that TD I just remember how shockingly fast it all happpened</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
1988 Giants Stadium Giants vs Eagles... Giants lose very painfully in OT. 23-17 how did the winning score go down? it was very odd.... * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * That was the game where LT blocked a field goal attempt only to be picked up by an Eagle and ran in for an Eagle game winning TD
</P>

Z</P>

Is that the Herm Edwards play??

</P>

Soon as you guys here his name you will know it.*** He had*no business scoring that TD*** I just remember how shockingly fast it all happpened</P>

Z</P>

that was Clyde Simmons guys.....

what a terrible loss

IBleedB1ue
12-11-2009, 10:38 PM
i got one</P>

</P>

one of the teams he was on was the titants, his father was born in 1955</P>

YATittle1962
12-12-2009, 11:21 PM
do you guys remember the night in 1988 when Randall Cunningham made fools of the whole defense on Monday Night Football?

...Carl Banks in particular.....

who remembers the play Im talking about?

if so describe it...it was a 3rd and goal play that capped an 80 yd drive with a TD

Randall became a star that night

zimonami
12-13-2009, 02:19 AM
do you guys remember the night in 1988 when Randall Cunningham made fools of the whole defense on Monday Night Football? ...Carl Banks in particular..... who remembers the play Im talking about? if so describe it...it was a 3rd and goal play that capped an 80 yd drive with a TD Randall became a star that night</P>

Was that the play where Cunningham is flushed out of the pocket... rolls to his right... he can't find a receiver as he gets to the right sideline, and Banks comes up andhits him waist high for what looks like a 5-6 yard loss. But, Banks doesn't wrap and drive him into the ground. Randall bounces backwards, lands on his feet and is still inbounds, and throws a TD pass to, I think, Keith Byars.</P>

rbcarpenter
12-13-2009, 02:45 AM
i got one</P>

*</P>

one of the teams he was on was the titants,* his father was born in 1955</P>tony and anthony dorsett

zimonami
12-13-2009, 12:39 PM
i got one</P>

</P>

tony and anthony dorsett</P>

If that's the right answer, great job rbc</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
do you guys remember the night in 1988 when Randall Cunningham made fools of the whole defense on Monday Night Football? ...Carl Banks in particular..... who remembers the play Im talking about? if so describe it...it was a 3rd and goal play that capped an 80 yd drive with a TD Randall became a star that night</P>

Was that the play where Cunningham is flushed out of the pocket... rolls to his right... he can't find a receiver as he gets to the right sideline, and Banks comes up andhits him waist high for what looks like a 5-6 yard loss. But, Banks doesn't wrap and drive him into the ground. Randall bounces backwards, lands on his feet and is still inbounds, and throws a TD pass to, I think, Keith Byars.</P>

</P>

That has to be the play he's talking about. Randall always scared the hell out of me when we played them!</P>

YATittle1962
12-13-2009, 01:31 PM

Was that the play where Cunningham is flushed out of the pocket... rolls to his right... *he can't find a receiver as he gets to the right sideline, and Banks comes up and*hits him waist high for what looks like a 5-6 yard loss.* But, Banks doesn't wrap and drive him into the ground. Randall bounces backwards, lands on his feet and is still inbounds, and throws a TD pass to, I think, Keith Byars.</P>

Zimmy you must have been a carpenter in a past life cus you hit the nail directly on the head.....but it wasnt Byars it was Jimmy Giles....Im pretty sure it was anyway......if anyone can look it up that would be great.....

that game made me sick,......and Randall made our D look foolish that whole game.....

great call Zim

lets take care of those filthy Eagles tonight!!!!!!

I want this win more than any win since last years playoff

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-13-2009, 01:36 PM

Zimmy you must have been a carpenter in a past life cus you hit the nail directly on the head.....but it wasnt Byars it was Jimmy Giles....Im pretty sure it was anyway......if anyone can look it up that would be great..... that game made me sick,......and Randall made our D look foolish that whole game..... great call Zim lets take care of those filthy Eagles tonight!!!!!! I want this win more than any win since last years playoff</P>

But I fear the Michael Vick factor against our D.</P>

Those filthy birds from that hellhole city! Beat them down!</P>

IBleedB1ue
12-13-2009, 01:38 PM
i got one</P>

</P>

tony and anthony dorsett</P>

</P>

nope it was chris simms LOL</P>

zimonami
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Zimmy you must have been a carpenter in a past life cus you hit the nail directly on the head.....but it wasnt Byars it was Jimmy Giles....Im pretty sure it was anyway......if anyone can look it up that would be great..... that game made me sick,......and Randall made our D look foolish that whole game..... great call Zim lets take care of those filthy Eagles tonight!!!!!! I want this win more than any win since last years playoff</P>

No. you hit the nail, YA. My last name, in German, means 'Carpenter'</P>

I looked it up... it was a 4 yd pass to Jimmy Giles. Randall later hit Byars on a 5 Yd. TD Pass.</P>

It ios hard to believe how poorly our D is playing. Not close to most Gman defenses we are spolied with. And to think that in the spring I predicted that this D would set a record for fewest points in a 16 game season. </P>

So in what year, did a Gman D give up the fewest points in a 16 game season, and how many did they give up?</P>

YATittle1962
12-14-2009, 09:52 PM
* Zimmy you must have been a carpenter in a past life cus you hit the nail directly on the head.....but it wasnt Byars it was Jimmy Giles....Im pretty sure it was anyway......if anyone can look it up that would be great..... that game made me sick,......and Randall made our D look foolish that whole game..... great call Zim lets take care of those filthy Eagles tonight!!!!!! I want this win more than any win since last years playoff</P>

No. you hit the nail, YA.* My last name, in German, means 'Carpenter'</P>

I looked it up... it was a 4 yd pass to Jimmy Giles.* Randall later hit Byars on a 5 Yd. TD Pass.</P>

It ios hard to believe how poorly our D is playing.* Not close to most Gman defenses we are spolied with. And to think that in the spring I predicted that this D would set a record for fewest points in a 16 game season.** </P>

So in what year, did a Gman D give up the fewest points in a 16 game season, and how many did they give up?</P>

wow ..thats a tough one Z

has to be one of the 50s teams but

Im going to go with my first thought...2000 D?

rbcarpenter
12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
* Zimmy you must have been a carpenter in a past life cus you hit the nail directly on the head.....but it wasnt Byars it was Jimmy Giles....Im pretty sure it was anyway......if anyone can look it up that would be great..... that game made me sick,......and Randall made our D look foolish that whole game..... great call Zim lets take care of those filthy Eagles tonight!!!!!! I want this win more than any win since last years playoff</P>

No. you hit the nail, YA.* My last name, in German, means 'Carpenter'</P>

I looked it up... it was a 4 yd pass to Jimmy Giles.* Randall later hit Byars on a 5 Yd. TD Pass.</P>

It ios hard to believe how poorly our D is playing.* Not close to most Gman defenses we are spolied with. And to think that in the spring I predicted that this D would set a record for fewest points in a 16 game season.** </P>

wow ..thats a tough one Z

has to be one of the 50s teams but

Im going to go with my first thought...2000 D?super tough one zim,i had to look it up.my initial guess would have been 1990 based on the record for time of possesion they set.the actual team record for a 16 game season is 205,set in 1993.(UNDER DAN REEVES AND COMPANY???HOLY CRAP!!!)

zimonami
12-15-2009, 01:28 AM

No. you hit the nail, YA. My last name, in German, means 'Carpenter'</P>

I looked it up... it was a 4 yd pass to Jimmy Giles. Randall later hit Byars on a 5 Yd. TD Pass.</P>

It ios hard to believe how poorly our D is playing. Not close to most Gman defenses we are spolied with. And to think that in the spring I predicted that this D would set a record for fewest points in a 16 game season. </P>

wow ..thats a tough one Z has to be one of the 50s teams but Im going to go with my first thought...2000 D?super tough one zim,i had to look it up.my initial guess would have been 1990 based on the record for time of possesion they set.the actual team record for a 16 game season is 205,set in 1993.(UNDER DAN REEVES AND COMPANY???HOLY CRAP!!!)</P>

Good job, rbc. It was hard for me to believe too. I would have guessed '86 or '90. </P>

I think this is the most underachieving defense we've ever had. We've had poorer defenses in the last 40 years, but they didn't have the expectations that this D had.</P>

YATittle1962
12-15-2009, 04:29 PM
in the Redskin & Giants first meeting of 1986 Schroeder was sacked 4 times....

LT got him 3 times...

....and 2 players shared the last sack....

before you look it up....take a guess at who they were....

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-15-2009, 05:46 PM
in the Redskin &amp; Giants first meeting of 1986 Schroeder was sacked 4 times.... LT got him 3 times... ....and 2 players shared the last sack.... before you look it up....take a guess at who they were....</P>

George Martin</P>

Harry Carson</P>

zimonami
12-15-2009, 09:54 PM
in the Redskin &amp; Giants first meeting of 1986 Schroeder was sacked 4 times.... LT got him 3 times... ....and 2 players shared the last sack.... before you look it up....take a guess at who they were....</P>

Burt and Martin</P>

THEMASTER
12-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Roosevelt Grier</P>

But Rosy was great, he was never going to be fast, but he was tough in the trenches. The lineman in those days that was a good argument for cloning was Rosy Brown, he had speed, stamina and a great head for the game.</P>

YATittle1962
12-15-2009, 11:40 PM
in the Redskin & Giants first meeting of 1986 Schroeder was sacked 4 times.... LT got him 3 times... ....and 2 players shared the last sack.... before you look it up....take a guess at who they were....</P>

Burt and Martin</P>

Martin was one.....Jerome Sally was the other.....

Zimmy why do I not remember this guy Sally?

IBleedB1ue
12-15-2009, 11:45 PM
what do andy reid and jamarcus russell have in common?

rbcarpenter
12-16-2009, 01:50 AM
what do andy reid and jamarcus russell have in common?they both look like the stay-puft marshmallow man?:)

rbcarpenter
12-16-2009, 01:52 AM
in the Redskin & Giants first meeting of 1986 Schroeder was sacked 4 times.... LT got him 3 times... ....and 2 players shared the last sack.... before you look it up....take a guess at who they were....</P>

Burt and Martin</P>

Martin was one.....Jerome Sally was the other.....

Zimmy why do I not remember this guy Sally?if i recall,ya,sally was a guy they brought in at the tail end of either 83 or 84?when we had some d-line injuries and he just happened to stick.i could be wrong though.

zimonami
12-16-2009, 02:01 AM

Burt and Martin</P>

Martin was one.....Jerome Sally was the other..... Zimmy why do I not remember this guy Sally?</P>

The reason I remember Sally is because he did a great job of filling in for injuries, or to just give guys an occasional rest. The D never skipped a beat with him in there.</P>

SEC105
12-16-2009, 05:13 PM
"You always pray for everybody not to get hurt badly"............ Lawrence Taylor</P>

What play and player was he referring to?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
12-16-2009, 05:16 PM
"You always pray for everybody not to get hurt badly"............ Lawrence Taylor</p>

What play and player was he referring to?</p>

Z</p>
Ewwww Theismans leg

SEC105
12-16-2009, 05:26 PM
"You always pray for everybody not to get hurt badly"............ Lawrence Taylor</P>

Z</P>

Ewwww Theismans leg
</P>

Thats it. It was atrick play................which Redskin RB flipped the ball back to Thiesman?</P>

On another note..........damm that was tough lastSunday night @ the Stadium. I wanted to beatthose Philly jerks badfor the last time in the old place</P>

Z</P>

jints10
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
"You always pray for everybody not to get hurt badly"............ Lawrence Taylor</p>

Z</p>

Ewwww Theismans leg
</p>

Thats it. It was atrick play................which Redskin RB flipped the ball back to Thiesman?</p>

On another note..........damm that was tough lastSunday night @ the Stadium. I wanted to beatthose Philly jerks badfor the last time in the old place</p>

Z</p>
Not really sure sec105 but my educated guess in that era for the Skins I would have to say Riggins. I hated Riggins, respected, but hated. Sad thing is we lost that game and I felt if that didnt happen we would have won. Not cause I thought Schroder was better than Theisman but I felt LT was freaked out at how the leg broke. You could see it on LT's face.

At least we beat Dallas and Wash as they say cant win them all. As a long time Giant fan you know it could be much worse.

SEC105
12-16-2009, 05:57 PM

Z</P>

Ewwww Theismans leg
</P>

Thats it. It was atrick play................which Redskin RB flipped the ball back to Thiesman?</P>

On another note..........damm that was tough lastSunday night @ the Stadium. I wanted to beatthose Philly jerks badfor the last time in the old place</P>

Z</P>

Not really sure sec105 but my educated guess in that era for the Skins I would have to say Riggins. I hated Riggins, respected, but hated. Sad thing is we lost that game and I felt if that didnt happen we would have won. Not cause I thought Schroder was better than Theisman but I felt LT was freaked out at how the leg broke. You could see it on LT's face.

At least we beat Dallas and Wash as they say cant win them all. As a long time Giant fan you know it could be much worse.

</P>

Riggins it was Jints 10. Who were the other 2 Giants who jumped on Thiesman that play. One was LB and one was DL</P>

It could be a lot worse as we both know. We still have ashot at the playoffs.......unlike many of the years where December meant nothing for us. Were you happy with your new seat assignment from the Giants?</P>

Z</P>

IBleedB1ue
12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
what do andy reid and jamarcus russell have in common?they both look like the stay-puft marshmallow man?:)</P>

</P>

correct!</P>

zimonami
12-16-2009, 06:17 PM

Z</P>

Ewwww Theismans leg
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Riggins it was Jints 10. Who were the other 2 Giants who jumped on Thiesman that play. One was LB and one was DL</P>

It could be a lot worse as we both know. We still have ashot at the playoffs.......unlike many of the years where December meant nothing for us. Were you happy with your new seat assignment from the Giants?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I'm pretty sure Carson was the LB... I'll guess Marshall as the DL.</P>

Ourseats are in the Loge, 4th row, sec 312... around the 30 yd line.</P>

Yeah, we still have a shot. Usually I'm an optimist, but this defense has underperformed too often for me to believe we can win 3 in a row. but, each game gives us a shot. At least there is hope. Too many years we'ver had no hope around this time.</P>

</P>

</P>

jints10
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM

Z</p>

Ewwww Theismans leg
</p>

Thats it. It was atrick play................which Redskin RB flipped the ball back to Thiesman?</p>

On another note..........damm that was tough lastSunday night @ the Stadium. I wanted to beatthose Philly jerks badfor the last time in the old place</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Riggins it was Jints 10. Who were the other 2 Giants who jumped on Thiesman that play. One was LB and one was DL</p>

It could be a lot worse as we both know. We still have ashot at the playoffs.......unlike many of the years where December meant nothing for us. Were you happy with your new seat assignment from the Giants?</p>

Z</p>
I'm thinkin Lenard Marshall and Harry Carson

I'm in sec 117 now and the new sec 121 seems pretty comparable

YATittle1962
12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
in Nov. 1997

a strange game between the Giants and Redskins that ended in a tie.....

this game had 20 something punts and many missed field goals....

Redskins QB Gus Frerotte left the game with an injury.

can you remember the strange way he acquired this injury?

and who replaced him at QB?

zimonami
12-17-2009, 12:51 AM
in Nov. 1997 a strange game between the Giants and Redskins that ended in a tie..... this game had 20 something punts and many missed field goals.... Redskins QB Gus Frerotte left the game with an injury. can you remember the strange way he acquired this injury? and who replaced him at QB?</P>

That was funny. Frerotte rammed his head into a wall to celebrate a TD... hurt his neck and was replaced by a ex Giant stalwart - Hoss.</P>

Hoss threw several INTs. My wife thanked him every time, saying he never really lost his Giant loyalty.</P>

Wai2GoGIANTS
12-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Hey guys!!!! I like this thread!!!

It has all kinds of questoons so here I mnade a question myself lets see who can answer first! It is a hard one ok here we goes.

In this season that we are in playing right now the new York football GIANTS! played the Piladecia eagles two times so far. So my questoon is what was the final score of these games and who was the winner?

Gooooooooooo Giants!!!! Gooooooooooooo Eli!!!!!

zimonami
12-17-2009, 01:30 AM

It has all kinds of questoons so here I mnade a question myself lets see who can answer first! It is a hard one ok here we goes.

In this season that we are in playing right now the new York football GIANTS! played the Piladecia eagles two times so far. So my questoon is what was the final score of these games and who was the winner?

</P>

You seem like an upbeat Gman fan... so, why would you ask your first question recalling 2 downer, rotten defeats? Philly 40-17, and Philly 45-38</P>

YATittle1962
12-17-2009, 01:42 AM
in Nov. 1997 a strange game between the Giants and Redskins that ended in a tie..... this game had 20 something punts and many missed field goals.... Redskins QB Gus Frerotte left the game with an injury. can you remember the strange way he acquired this injury? and who replaced him at QB?</P>

That was funny.* Frerotte rammed his head into a wall to celebrate a TD...* hurt his neck and was replaced by a ex Giant stalwart - Hoss.</P>

Hoss threw several INTs.* My wife thanked him every time, saying he never really lost his Giant loyalty.</P>

great call Zim......

that was one of the more strange games that I remember....

what a fool Frerotte looked like...hahahahaha

YATittle1962
12-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Hey guys!!!!* I like this thread!!!

It has all kinds of questoons so here I mnade a question myself lets see who can answer first!* It is a hard one ok here we goes.

In this season that we are in playing right now the new York football GIANTS! played the Piladecia eagles two times so far.* So my questoon is what was the final score of these games and who was the winner?

if this is your attempt at a sneak attack trolling....yr in the wrong thread...

move on friend...

keep this garbage anywhere else on these boards but here....

thanks

patsrule666
12-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Well since we are asking tough questions, i have one-</P>

In 2004, who did the New England Patriots defeat to take home a third Super Bowl Trophy ??</P>

SEC105
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM

Well since we are asking tough questions, i have one-</P>

In 2004, who did the New England Patriots defeat to take home a third Super Bowl Trophy ??</P>

</P>

Would that not be the Eagles............it made the birds want to vomit[;)]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1iVRRu6w0</P>

Please don't click on this if you don't want to see Thiesmans leg broken again</P>

The the LB was GaryReasons and DL was Burt who tackled him after LT jumped on his back</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Which Redskin QB said the friday before one of the biggest games he ever played [@ Giants Stadium] "the winds to be no problem" He went on to gocomplete about 20 of 50 passes for around 150 yards and zero points............nada , nothing.....who was he?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-17-2009, 05:56 PM

Please don't click on this if you don't want to see Thiesmans leg broken again</P>

The the LB was GaryReasons and DL was Burt who tackled him after LT jumped on his back</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Just goes to show you how my memory is slipping... I would have bet that the LB was Harry. I've seen the clip several times, and I still picture it being Harry.</P>

</P>

SEC105
12-17-2009, 06:03 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Just goes to show you how my memory is slipping... I would have bet that the LB was Harry. I've seen the clip several times, and I still picture it being Harry.</P>

</P>

</P>

Harry just missed him Z................right before Taylor jumps on his back............that play was gruesome! Still bothers me all these years later</P>

jints10
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Which Redskin QB said the friday before one of the biggest games he ever played [@ Giants Stadium] "the winds to be no problem" He went on to gocomplete about 20 of 50 passes for around 150 yards and zero points............nada , nothing.....who was he?</p>

Z</p>
Gotta be Jay Schroder before the "86" Championship game.

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Which Redskin QB said the friday before one of the biggest games he ever played [@ Giants Stadium] "the winds to be no problem" He went on to gocomplete about 20 of 50 passes for around 150 yards and zero points............nada , nothing.....who was he?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That would be Jay Schroeder</P>

YATittle1962
12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Which Redskin QB said the friday before one of the biggest games he ever played [@ Giants Stadium] "the winds to be no problem"* He went on to go*complete about 20 of 50 passes for around 150 yards and zero points............nada , nothing.....who was he?</p>

Z</p>
Gotta be Jay Schroder before the "86" Championship game.

visions of paper and debris flying all around the stadium.....mini tornadoes of paper and whatnot on the sidelines......those are memories that i think of fondly from that night.....

what a feeling......what a win.....

at the end of that game I threw my hat into the wind in celebration and it disappeared out of sight in seconds.........

the next season I saw a guy a bunch of rows behind me wearing the same exact hat (it was a bit of a unique hat) but it had a Superbowl pin on it.....I wondered if it was mine.....

if it was it became his that night,,,,,and i hope he still has it

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-18-2009, 01:06 PM
In 1966 the Giants sported a record of 1-12-1 and featured a 72-41 beat down from the Redskins.</P>

Who was our only win against and what was the score?</P>

zimonami
12-19-2009, 12:47 AM
In 1966 the Giants sported a record of 1-12-1 and featured a 72-41 beat down from the Redskins.</P>

</P>

I'm pretty sure we beat the Skins, but I can't remember the score.</P>

YATittle1962
12-21-2009, 02:05 PM
who did the Giants play in the highest scoring game in NFL history?

what year was it?

and who were the QBs that day?

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-21-2009, 02:16 PM

</P>

</P>

Skins is correct 13-10</P>

13-10 and 72-41 go figure!</P>

SEC105
12-21-2009, 05:18 PM

</P>

</P>

13-10 and 72-41 go figure!</P>

</P>

Jay Schaeder did make those comments about having no problem with the wind @ Giants Stadium before the 86 championshipgame</P>

72-41 loss to the skins. Redskin Qb was Sonny Jurgenson. Both Gary Wood and Tom Kennedy played QB for us...pretty sure</P>

Who was coaching the Redskins in that game?</P>

Another onethat has been mentioned before .......who was Redskin **** James?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-21-2009, 09:40 PM

</P>

</P>

13-10** and** 72-41*** go figure!</P>

</P>

Jay Schaeder did make those comments about having no problem with the wind @ Giants Stadium before the 86 championship*game</P>

72-41 loss to the skins. Redskin Qb was Sonny Jurgenson. Both Gary Wood and Tom Kennedy played QB for us...pretty sure</P>

Who was coaching the Redskins in that game?</P>

Another one*that has been mentioned before .......who was Redskin **** James?</P>

Z*</P>

pretty sure that was when ole Otto was coaching the Skins

YATittle1962
12-22-2009, 04:24 PM
what season did the Giants first play the Panthers?

who won the game?

who were the 2 QBs in that game?

SEC105
12-22-2009, 06:16 PM
what season did the Giants first play the Panthers? who won the game? who were the 2 QBs in that game?</P>

Otto Graham was the coach of the Redskins for the 72-41 loss in the 60s YA. correct</P>

I'm guessing it had to be Kerry Collins and Dave Brown as the QBs of that game but I can't remember who won [probaly Collins[;)]]........maybe 1995 or 1996?</P>

Been very busy lately gang but I will return with plenty of questions for youguys after Christmas [:D]</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
12-23-2009, 08:12 PM
i just wanted to give a holiday shout to all my"did you know?"buddies:zim,ya,sec 105,jints10,and anyone else i may have forgotten.everyone have a safe and happy holidays!!

rbcarpenter
12-23-2009, 08:14 PM
panthers won 27-17,another dave brown 3 int performance.

zimonami
12-23-2009, 08:45 PM
i just wanted to give a holiday shout to all my"did you know?"buddies:zim,ya,sec 105,jints10,and anyone else i may have forgotten.everyone have a safe and happy holidays!!</P>

To you, too, rbc.</P>

And, to all you guys on this thread who have madeit a great place this past year, and who havehelped to makeita pleasant retreat for me in tough times... Have a safe and most excellent Holiday with those you love</P>

Z</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-23-2009, 08:47 PM
<FONT color=#006400>MERRY</FONT> <FONT color=#ff0000>CHRISTMAS</FONT> from Mariah!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvKF__2r5Tw</P>

YATittle1962
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
happy holidays my brothers.....Zimmy, jints, SEC, rbc, key, BBS62, patsrule666, ..and everyone else who has made this thread a bright spot to my days....

thanks guys .....and have a safe and happy holiday....

lets shut the old girl down in style this week

byron
12-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey guys poping in to wishyou all a Merry Christmas.... keep up the good work great thread....</P>

</P>

byron</P>

SEC105
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz4_4XF564U</P>

That was tough stuff to watchSunday @ the last Giant game in "The Stadium" Hope this littletidbit brings back some better memories for you guys</P>

Who was the HC for Minnesota when Phil Simms hit Bobby Johnson on 4th and 17 to beat the Vikings during our first SB run in 86?</P>

Edit :Didn't realise the Steelers were in there too. </P>

Z</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-29-2009, 04:58 PM

That was tough stuff to watchSunday @ the last Giant game in "The Stadium" Hope this littletidbit brings back some better memories for you guys</P>

Who was the HC for Minnesota when Phil Simms hit Bobby Johnson on 4th and 17 to beat the Vikings during our first SB run in 86?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Im thinking Jerry Burns? I know Tomy Kramer was the QB.</P>

YATittle1962
12-29-2009, 05:11 PM

That was tough stuff to watch*Sunday* @ the last Giant game in "The Stadium"** Hope this little*tidbit brings back some better memories for you guys</P>

*Edit :Didn't realise the Steelers were in there too. </P>

Z*</P>

pretty sure it was Jerry Burns......I thought he was actually a pretty decent coach

in the 2000 season NFC Championship game vs the Vikings.....

the Giants get the ball first and score...then the Vikings muff the kickoff....

what Giant recovered that ball?

SEC105
12-29-2009, 05:14 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Im thinking Jerry Burns? I know Tomy Kramer was the QB.</P>

</P>

Yes and Yes to both nice call</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-29-2009, 05:19 PM

Z</P>

pretty sure it was Jerry Burns......I thought he was actually a pretty decent coach in the 2000 season NFC Championship game vs the Vikings..... the Giants get the ball first and score...then the Vikings muff the kickoff.... what Giant recovered that ball?</P>

I thought Jerry Burns was pretty decent also. If I remember correctly , inthe 2000 41-0 nothing beat down of the Vikings Lyle West recovered for us about 2 minutes into the game after we were already ahead 7-0?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-29-2009, 05:29 PM

That was tough stuff to watch*Sunday* @ the last Giant game in "The Stadium"** Hope this little*tidbit brings back some better memories for you guys</P>

*Edit :Didn't realise the Steelers were in there too. </P>

Z*</P>

pretty sure it was Jerry Burns......I thought he was actually a pretty decent coach in the 2000 season NFC Championship game vs the Vikings..... the Giants get the ball first and score...then the Vikings muff the kickoff.... what Giant recovered that ball?</P>

I thought Jerry Burns was pretty decent also. If I remember correctly , in*the 2000* 41-0 nothing beat down of the Vikings Lyle West recovered for us about 2 minutes into the game after we were already ahead 7-0?</P>

Z</P>

thats a hell of a call SEC...Lyle West it was....

SEC105
12-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Going back to the 86 4th and 17 game @ Minny. About 7 or 8players caught passes from Simms that daybesides Bobby Johnson. Who were some of them? {Lionel Manuel was on IR]</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Going back to the 86* 4th and 17 game @ Minny. About 7 or 8*players caught passes from Simms that day*besides Bobby Johnson. Who were some of them?* {Lionel Manuel was on IR]</P>

Z</P>

Ill throw some out there....

Bavaro, Galbreath, McConkey, Robinson, Morris.

SEC105
12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Going back to the 86 4th and 17 game @ Minny. About 7 or 8players caught passes from Simms that daybesides Bobby Johnson. Who were some of them? {Lionel Manuel was on IR]</P>

Z</P>

Ill throw some out there.... Bavaro, Galbreath, McConkey, Robinson, Morris.</P>

All of the ones you mentioned Wow....... great job YA.... and 2 other RBs also caught passes that day Any idea who they were?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

u2good
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
This thread is STILL going? I didn't know there was this much Giants trivia to talk about...

Bleedin Blue Since '62
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM

Z</P>

Ill throw some out there.... Bavaro, Galbreath, McConkey, Robinson, Morris.</P>

All of the ones you mentioned Wow....... great job YA.... and 2 other RBs also caught passes that day Any idea who they were?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Otis Anderson, Joe Morris</P>

fourth&forever
12-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Going back to the 86 4th and 17 game @ Minny. About 7 or 8players caught passes from Simms that daybesides Bobby Johnson. Who were some of them? {Lionel Manuel was on IR]</p>

Z</p>

Ill throw some out there.... Bavaro, Galbreath, McConkey, Robinson, Morris.</p>

All of the ones you mentioned Wow....... great job YA.... and 2 other RBs also caught passes that day Any idea who they were? Z</p>

Otis Anderson, Joe Morris</p>Carthon?

YATittle1962
12-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Going back to the 86* 4th and 17 game @ Minny. About 7 or 8*players caught passes from Simms that day*besides Bobby Johnson. Who were some of them?* {Lionel Manuel was on IR]</p>

Z</p>

Ill throw some out there.... Bavaro, Galbreath, McConkey, Robinson, Morris.</p>

All of the ones you mentioned******* Wow....... great job YA.... and 2 other RBs also caught passes that day** Any idea who they were?***** Z</p>

Otis Anderson, Joe Morris</p>Carthon?

gotta be.....

how could I forget about Mo

rbcarpenter
12-30-2009, 12:31 AM
how about stacy robinson,who took over for manuel when he went on ir?

zimonami
12-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Happy new Year to you all.</P>

And to all a safe night.</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Happy new Year to you all.</P>

And to all a safe night.</P>

Z</P>

right back at you Z...and everyone else to...

have a great safe evening

lawl
12-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Happy new Year to you all.</p>

And to all a safe night.</p>

Z</p>

right back at you Z...and everyone else to...

have a great safe evening

sent ya a pm YA

jints10
12-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Happy, healthy, safe and prosperous New Year guys

YATittle1962
01-01-2010, 11:15 PM
in the meltdown vs the Vikings in Dec. of 97..........can you describe what happened in the last 90 seconds of the game?

..... what Viking players were involved in those scores?

.......and do remember the extracurricular activities on the sideline?

jints10
01-01-2010, 11:30 PM
That was heel toe with Carter Randel threw it and the fans at the stadium chanted Randel-Randel before it.
I still maintain to this day it was out of bounds.

rbcarpenter
01-01-2010, 11:56 PM
That was heel toe with Carter Randel threw it and the fans at the stadium chanted Randel-Randel before it.
I still maintain to this day it was out of bounds.
he was,and it was obvious which ticked me off to no end!the extracirricular was a scrap between 2 of the db's in the huddle.i know one was sparks i think,but i don't recall the other.garnes,maybe?

bigblue4417
01-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Who can name the all time leader for catches in a season?

lawl
01-02-2010, 12:26 AM

Marvin Harrison

bigblue4417
01-02-2010, 12:28 AM

Marvin Harrison

Nice. I should have specified. For the New York Giants...I think you will get this [;)]

fourth&forever
01-02-2010, 12:42 AM

Marvin Harrison

Nice. I should have specified. For the New York Giants...I think you will get this [;)]
<font color="#ff0000">Madison Hedge****</font>

YATittle1962
01-02-2010, 11:34 AM

Marvin Harrison

Steve Smith

TheBlueGiant
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM

Marvin Harrison

<FONT color=#ff0000>Madison Hedge****</FONT>
</P>

</P>

Thats what Gillbride thinks</P>

YATittle1962
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
what Giant QB holds 2 of the top 5 most passing yards in a season records.....including #1?

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-02-2010, 12:16 PM
what Giant QB holds 3 of the top 5 most passing yards in a season records.....including #1?</P>

Tittle</P>

YATittle1962
01-02-2010, 12:16 PM
what Giant QB holds 3 of the top 5 most passing yards in a season records.....including #1?</P>

Tittle</P>

nope...

much more recent

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-02-2010, 12:38 PM

Tittle</P>

nope... much more recent</P>

Yea I really wrestled with the 14 game vs 16 game season aspect but went with Y A anyway.</P>

ELI</P>

jints10
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Kerry Collins 2000?

YATittle1962
01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Kerry Collins NFC Championship game 2000?

Kerry Collins threw for more yards in a season than any other Giants QB.....

drunk or not....he had a cannon ;)

jints10
01-02-2010, 01:27 PM

Remember that flea flicker vs the Colts? That ball is still flying.

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Kerry Collins threw for more yards in a season than any other Giants QB..... drunk or not....he had a cannon ;)</P>

He wasn't drinking at that time.</P>

Not only a cannon but he threw a beautiful ball.</P>

YATittle1962
01-02-2010, 01:33 PM

here it is jints....in all its glory
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QoLYVa9JY">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QoLYVa9JY</a>

jints10
01-02-2010, 01:40 PM

here it is jints....in all its glory
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QoLYVa9JY">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QoLYVa9JY</a>
on Q with the vid YA nice job

YATittle1962
01-03-2010, 05:27 PM
when have you guys seen a team this bad?

I gotta go with 1966 being one of the worst defenses I have ever seen.....

any idea how many points they gave up that season?

Z

zimonami
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM

Z
</P>

Yeah, the end to this season rivals any previous bummer year I can remember. I guarantee you that there were less than a handful of peoples on here who thought we wouldn't make the playoffs after a SB victory, and then 12-4. </P>

How many Giant teams can you remember that played with less heart? '66 under Allie is one of them... and that was over 40 years ago.</P>

That '66 team gave up over 500 points in 14 games.</P>

This team ranks as one of the top most disappointing teams in my lifetime. Brutal. And Sheridan thinks he is safe? I pray not. </P>

YATittle1962
01-03-2010, 06:35 PM

Z
</p>

Yeah, the end to this season rivals any previous bummer year I can remember. I guarantee you that there were less than a handful of peoples on here who thought we wouldn't make the playoffs after a SB victory, and then 12-4. </p>

How many Giant teams can you remember that played with less heart? '66 under Allie is one of them... and that was over 40 years ago.</p>

That '66 team gave up over 500 points in 14 games.</p>

This team ranks as one of the top most disappointing teams in my lifetime. Brutal. And Sheridan thinks he is safe? I pray not. </p>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

I remember it being bad.... but had no idea it was that bad....

the expectations made this season feel worse than it was I think.....but even without that .....it was one of the worst I have ever seen

even all those bad teams fought til the end

fourth&forever
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM

Z
bad offenses sure. But never a D totally without heart and devote of any pride.

They have talent, wtf? Quitting, I just don't get it.

fourth&forever
01-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Z
</p>

Yeah, the end to this season rivals any previous bummer year I can remember. I guarantee you that there were less than a handful of peoples on here who thought we wouldn't make the playoffs after a SB victory, and then 12-4. </p>

How many Giant teams can you remember that played with less heart? '66 under Allie is one of them... and that was over 40 years ago.</p>

This team ranks as one of the top most disappointing teams in my lifetime. Brutal. And Sheridan thinks he is safe? I pray not. </p>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

the expectations made this season feel worse than it was I think.....but even without that .....it was one of the worst I have ever seen

exactly! This quitting I can't fathom.

keyofgmen
01-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I was explaining to my son that games like today (getting killed with nothing on the line) was the norm for me growing up. Doesn't make this easier. At least then you had no real expectations, and were a fan...well...just because you were. Screaming for a coaching change was an annual deal practically.
Now when this happens, it seems unreal. We expect more.
We will sulk for a while, then rally again next year. I can't wait to sit in our new seats. Clean slate.

This season should be fodder for many questions in the future on "DID YOU KNOW??" thread!

YATittle1962
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I was explaining to my son that games like today (getting killed with nothing on the line) was the norm for me growing up. Doesn't make this easier. At least then you had no real expectations, and were a fan...well...just because you were. Screaming for a coaching change was an annual deal practically.
We will sulk for a while, then rally again next year. I can't wait to sit in our new seats. Clean slate.

This season should be fodder for many questions in the future on "DID YOU KNOW??" thread!

absolutely key...

remember Sherman, Webster, Mcvay, Arnsparger, Perkins......hell even Parcells in the first couple years

how about coordinators like Schottenhiemer and Modzelewski etc.

young guys get spoiled.......I even have a little in these past years

noone ever said being a Giant fan is glamorous

these seasons make the great ones that much sweeter

keyofgmen
01-03-2010, 07:00 PM

absolutely key...

remember Sherman, Webster, Mcvay, Arnsparger, Perkins......hell even Parcells in the first couple years

young guys get spoiled.......I even have a little in these past years

That's what I tell my son. You can't expect to win each year, even if you have a good team. (Imagine how Steeler fans feel today?). When we are on top again (and we will someday soon, I believe) it will be that much sweeter.

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I was explaining to my son that games like today (getting killed with nothing on the line) was the norm for me growing up. Doesn't make this easier. At least then you had no real expectations, and were a fan...well...just because you were. Screaming for a coaching change was an annual deal practically. Now when this happens, it seems unreal. We expect more. We will sulk for a while, then rally again next year. I can't wait to sit in our new seats. Clean slate. This season should be fodder for many questions in the future on "DID YOU KNOW??" thread!

absolutely key...

<FONT color=#800080 size=4>young guys get spoiled.......</FONT>I even have a little in these past years

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Eagles are the 2nd youngest team in the leaugue and they haven't been spoiled! </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Tom, you need to go!</FONT></P>

byron
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM

Z
</P>

Yeah, the end to this season rivals any previous bummer year I can remember. I guarantee you that there were less than a handful of peoples on here who thought we wouldn't make the playoffs after a SB victory, and then 12-4. </P>

How many Giant teams can you remember that played with less heart? '66 under Allie is one of them... and that was over 40 years ago.</P>

This team ranks as one of the top most disappointing teams in my lifetime. Brutal. And Sheridan thinks he is safe? I pray not. </P>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

</P>

I guess time has healed some of the old wounds... that and my memory isn't as good as some of you guys Ikind of forget how bad it was....It was good to see you in the game thread YA cause I was melting downsome and nobody to talk to here... Came in from plowing snow which I hate doing and set down to thata thrashing...Seems to be more than just a few problems with this team. But I trust they will set down figue it out and do what they can to fix it....I also doubt we will ever see the likes of the 60/70's ever again....these have been good times to be a giants fan.. probably got a little spoiled .. oh well cheers to next year guys</P>

YATittle1962
01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
I was explaining to my son that games like today (getting killed with nothing on the line) was the norm for me growing up. Doesn't make this easier. At least then you had no real expectations, and were a fan...well...just because you were. Screaming for a coaching change was an annual deal practically. Now when this happens, it seems unreal. We expect more. We will sulk for a while, then rally again next year. I can't wait to sit in our new seats. Clean slate. This season should be fodder for many questions in the future on "DID YOU KNOW??" thread!

absolutely key...

<font color="#800080" size="4">young guys get spoiled.......</font>I even have a little in these past years

</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Eagles are the 2nd youngest team in the leaugue and they haven't been spoiled! </font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Tom, you need to go!</font></p>

I meant the fans

YATittle1962
01-03-2010, 10:35 PM

Z
</p>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

</p>

I guess time has healed some of the old wounds... that and my memory isn't as good as some of you guys Ikind of forget how bad it was....It was good to see you in the game thread YA cause I was melting downsome and nobody to talk to here... Came in from plowing snow which I hate doing and set down to thata thrashing...Seems to be more than just a few problems with this team. But I trust they will set down figue it out and do what they can to fix it....I also doubt we will ever see the likes of the 60/70's ever again....these have been good times to be a giants fan.. probably got a little spoiled .. oh well cheers to next year guys</p>

its never as bad as the panic on the boards makes it seem

heres to next season[B]

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-03-2010, 10:38 PM

Z
</P>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

</P>

I guess time has healed some of the old wounds... that and my memory isn't as good as some of you guys Ikind of forget how bad it was....It was good to see you in the game thread YA cause I was melting downsome and nobody to talk to here... Came in from plowing snow which I hate doing and set down to thata thrashing...Seems to be more than just a few problems with this team. But I trust they will set down figue it out and do what they can to fix it....I also doubt we will ever see the likes of the 60/70's ever again....these have been good times to be a giants fan.. probably got a little spoiled .. oh well cheers to next year guys</P>

heres to next season[B]
</P>

There is no next season promised in life. The future was now.</P>

YATittle1962
01-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Z
</p>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

</p>

I guess time has healed some of the old wounds... that and my memory isn't as good as some of you guys Ikind of forget how bad it was....It was good to see you in the game thread YA cause I was melting downsome and nobody to talk to here... Came in from plowing snow which I hate doing and set down to thata thrashing...Seems to be more than just a few problems with this team. But I trust they will set down figue it out and do what they can to fix it....I also doubt we will ever see the likes of the 60/70's ever again....these have been good times to be a giants fan.. probably got a little spoiled .. oh well cheers to next year guys</p>

heres to next season[B]
</p>

There is no next season promised in life. The future was now.</p>

this ones for you BBS62

THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC_1U7xgAeY)

zimonami
01-04-2010, 01:44 AM

Z
</P>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

</P>

heres to next season[B]
</P>

this ones for you BBS62

</P>

I won't even look at another thread. I stick to this and Asian Giant for HC because almost all of the posters are sane, and will take a few breaths before spouting off about the wreck we've seen recently.</P>

I agree with most here. I've tried to think of another team since Allie was gone, 40 years ago, that showed as little heart and pride. I can't think of one. I remember a few times that the D played without heart, but none did it for 5-6 games in one season.</P>

I think Sheridan has to go only because he didn't have the ability to get them to play with more heart. Even with some changes and new blood on D next season, why should I think that he can be a real leader and motivator for them? Confidence and attitude are often what separates equally matched teams, and that's up to the coaches to find the right buttons to push to get them at 100% on every play.</P>

I'm puzzled by how controlled TC was on the sidelines these past 2 months. He was not happy, but he was not the apoplectic maniac I expected many times, just because he was watching guys miss tackles and assignments and play without, seemingly to me anyways, heart. He seemed resigned to it... very un-TC like.</P>

I've witnessed many worse than 8-8 seasons, but I also didn't have the expectations for them that I had for this team.</P>

Here's to a short memory, a quick passing of time to bring us to a few positive moves in free agency, and a good solid draft to get the pieces meshing again in 2010 and our new stadium.</P>

</P>

Roswell777
01-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Z
</P>

Yeah, the end to this season rivals any previous bummer year I can remember.* I guarantee you that there were less than a handful of peoples on here who thought we wouldn't make the playoffs after a SB victory, and then 12-4.* </P>

How many Giant teams can you remember that played with less heart?* '66 under Allie is one of them... and that was over 40 years ago.</P>

This team ranks as one of the top most disappointing teams in my lifetime. Brutal.* And Sheridan thinks he is safe?* I pray not.* </P>

wow

500 pts in 14 games....

</P>

*I guess time has healed some of the old wounds... that and my memory isn't as good as some of you guys I*kind of forget how bad it was....It was good to see you in the game thread YA cause I was melting down*some and nobody to talk to here... Came in from plowing snow which I hate doing and set down to that*a thrashing...Seems to be more than just a few problems with this team. But *I trust they will set down figue it out and do what they can to fix it....I also doubt we will ever see the likes of the 60/70's ever again....these have been good times to be a giants fan.. probably got a little spoiled .. oh well cheers to next year guys</P>

heres to next season[B]
</P>

this ones for you BBS62

</P>

I won't even look at another thread. I stick to this and Asian Giant for HC because almost all of the posters are sane, and will take a few breaths before spouting off about the wreck we've seen recently.</P>

I agree with most here.* I've tried to think of another team since Allie was gone, 40 years ago, that showed as little heart and pride.* I can't think of one.* I remember a few times that the D played without heart, but none did it for 5-6 games in one season.</P>

I think Sheridan has to go only because he didn't have the ability to get them to play with more heart. Even with some changes and new blood on D next season, why should I think that he can be a real leader and motivator for them?* Confidence and attitude are often what separates equally matched teams, and that's up to the coaches to find the right buttons to push to get them at 100% on every play.</P>

I'm puzzled by how controlled TC was on the sidelines these past 2 months.* He was not happy, but he was not the apoplectic maniac I expected many times, just because he was watching guys miss tackles and assignments and play without, seemingly to me anyways, heart. He seemed resigned to it... very un-TC like.</P>

I've witnessed many worse than 8-8 seasons, but I also didn't have the expectations for them that I had for this team.</P>

Here's to a short memory, a quick passing of time to bring us to a few positive moves in free agency, and a good solid draft to get the pieces meshing again in 2010 and our new stadium.</P>

*</P>

I agree with you guys. To me, the DC is the fourth most important component of the football team (head coach, QB, GM) and Sheridan did not get it done. Heck, he really didn't do much with the LBs last year.

That means Coughlin is 1 for 4 in picking D coordinators, the team obviously tanked and at some point he doesn't get a pass on that. That being said, I'm sure Coughlin will be back, but sometimes a coach like him has a five year shelf life.

I respect the opinions of the guys on this thread. How many of you would say no to bringing in a guy like Cowher to be HC, if he would accept the job? This is not a knee jerk reaction, sometimes you need a fresh approach. I feel like Coughlin is losing the team. I respect the man but it might be time for a change.

YATittle1962
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
ya know Ros....my heart says I want to see Coughlin turn it around and get things back on track.....bring in some new blood on the staff and on the field and make this engine purr again.....

but my logic tells me he may have run his course....the change he made in 07 to relate to his players was great for that season and even carried over to last season....but it seems to have turned around to bite him in the butt.....once you make that change you cant really turn around become the tough general .....he may have run his course unfortunately

I dont think the whole Plaxico fiasco has anything to do with this change but when I think about when things started to go down and not return to the upward direction.....my memory points to that exact time.....

I think as soon as you start apologizing you have lost control......

now ...do i think the Maras will axe TC? ...not in the least....

its just not the nature of the organization.....

should they .....probably...but they wont...

Im hearing wind of Sheridan being fired ,,,,,,so there is a start.

its time for TC to become the coach again....and not the friend

lets right this ship

Roswell777
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM
You're right. There's no way Coughlin isn't back in 2010. He deserves the chance to turn things around. I just saw on another thread that Sheridan was let go. There's a lot of anger thrown his way as if he tried to fail or didn't work hard. Truth is, he worked hard and did his best but may have been in over his head. People should be more understanding instead of hating the guy. If I'm not mistaken, he was on the SB coaching staff and deserves to go out with dignity.

Now, since this is a trivia thread, I got one for you guys. What 2 Giants got into fight in the Giant locker room in 1986 and word was that one broke the other's jaw? Hint. They were on the defensive side of the ball.

embeshAtYa
01-05-2010, 03:02 PM
this was probably posted before but I didn know it untill today. Tom Coughlin left the collegiate level to become a wide receivers coach in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles

YATittle1962
01-05-2010, 03:13 PM
this was probably posted before but I didn know it untill today. Tom Coughlin left the collegiate level to become a wide receivers coach in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles

yup Rochester to Boston College where he actually coached Flutie.....

...and Ros im really curious about this fight.....never heard about it.....clue me in

Roswell777
01-05-2010, 04:29 PM

...and Ros im really curious about this fight.....never heard about it.....clue me in

Finally stumped YA. Well, to be fair, I've got to let some of the other guys take a shot.

GiantsWinAlltime
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Did you know that before the Giants played the Pats in the last game of the 07 season, I wrote Eli a lettergiving him some tips on how to improve?They gave mea thank you letter and photoof Eli with his signature on it. This is a true story.

YATittle1962
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Finally stumped YA.* Well, to be fair, I've got to let some of the other guys take a shot.

im gunna throw out a wild guess for fun.....

Jim Burt and Gary Reasons.....seems like a white guy situation....hahaha

ZImmy where you at when I need you?????

hahahahaha

YATittle1962
01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Did you know that before the Giants played the Pats in the last game of the 07 season, I wrote Eli a letter*giving him some tips on how to improve?*They gave me*a thank you letter and photo*of Eli with his signature on it. This is a true story.

GWAT...post like this is why you are one of my favorite posters...

and Im being dead serious

GiantsWinAlltime
01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Did you know that right after the Giants played against the Cows and Packers in the 07 Season, that I guaranteed the Giants were going to make a comeback while manyother posters were afraid that the Giants Season would not go so well.

GiantsWinAlltime
01-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Did you know that I am about 75 percent right when I make predictionsbased analyses. I made.

YATittle1962
01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Did you know that I am about 75 percent right when I make predictionsbased analyses. I made.

GWAT you are the man...thats all I have to say...

you make my day sometimes

SEC105
01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Did you know that before the Giants played the Pats in the last game of the 07 season, I wrote Eli a lettergiving him some tips on how to improve?They gave mea thank you letter and photoof Eli with his signature on it. This is a true story. GWAT...post like this is why you are one of my favorite posters... and Im being dead serious</P>

Belated Happy New Year to the Gang!!! [&lt;:o)][&lt;:o)][&lt;:o)]</P>

Time for GWAT to write a letter to Bill Sheridan...........ooopppss.to late on that one just kidding</P>

Sheridan sure did take some heat and thats to be expected........however , lets just move on imo..no need to kick the guy while he's down. He was just in over his head. I wish himluck in the future</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
this was probably posted before but I didn know it untill today. Tom Coughlin left the collegiate level to become a wide receivers coach in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles yup Rochester to Boston College where he actually coached Flutie..... ...and Ros im really curious about this fight.....never heard about it.....clue me in

Finally stumped YA. Well, to be fair, I've got to let some of the other guys take a shot.

im gunna throw out a wild guess for fun..... Jim Burt and Gary Reasons.....seems like a white guy situation....hahaha ZImmy where you at when I need you????? hahahahaha</P>

For some reason Erik Howards name comes to mind as being in to that supposed fight....just a thought</P>

Z</P>

lawl
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
So anyone remember the last time a team was on our goalline about to score and used a playaction pass and someone wasn't completely wide open.

GiantsWinAlltime
01-05-2010, 04:57 PM

Hopefully if I am still alive, I will see you at the new stadium.

YATittle1962
01-05-2010, 05:05 PM

Hopefully if I am still alive, I will see you at the new stadium.

you will be alive and well my friend

YATittle1962
01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
So anyone remember the last time a team was on our goalline about to score and used a playaction pass and someone wasn't completely wide open.

i think i remember that happening once in 2000 [;)]

zimonami
01-05-2010, 05:15 PM
this was probably posted before but I didn know it untill today. Tom Coughlin left the collegiate level to become a wide receivers coach in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles yup Rochester to Boston College where he actually coached Flutie..... ...and Ros im really curious about this fight.....never heard about it.....clue me in

im gunna throw out a wild guess for fun..... Jim Burt and Gary Reasons.....seems like a white guy situation....hahaha ZImmy where you at when I need you????? hahahahaha</P>

For some reason Erik Howards name comes to mind as being in to that supposed fight....just a thought</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I'm also stumped. In the back of my mind I can dimly remember a fracas and I was thinking that it was Jerome Sally who got his jaw hurt... so, I'm gonna guess Howard and Sally.</P>

Roswell777
01-06-2010, 12:11 AM

Finally stumped YA.* Well, to be fair, I've got to let some of the other guys take a shot.

Z</P>

</P>

I'm also stumped.* In the back of my mind I can dimly remember a fracas and I was thinking that it was Jerome Sally who got his jaw hurt... so, I'm gonna guess Howard and Sally.</P>

Sorry to keep you guys hanging but I wanted to give everyone a chance. Don't even know how I heard this but the fight was in the weight room and it was Elvis Patterson that cracked Herb Welch in the jaw.

Now here's a true story that involved Giant training camp and me. I went with my friend to training camp after the 86 season, in the summer of 87. At that time it was at Farleigh ****inson and I brought a canon ae1 with a zoom lens. I figured I could get shots of everybody.

I'm a bit crazy when it comes to talking my way into situations so when we got there I went over to security and asked the guy where I go. He said to go into the stands. I said to him, "Let me talk to your supervisor, I called you guys 2 hours ago and you said you would meet me at the gate with a press pass."

I acted put off and the poor guy said, okay, take it easy, what paper are you from and I told him The Brooklyn Spectator. He said he would take me inside to the office and I could speak to his boss. Meanwhile my friend had to go sit in the stands.

They take me inside and I go thru the same act and the security cheif makes fun of the paper I'm with but he gives me a press pass and they let me on the field in a roped off area near the stands. I got a good picture of Parcells and one of Burt pouring water on his head. The problem was the sun was in a position where a lot of the shots were dark. I didn't know much about fstops then.

After morning practice the players go in to the cafeteria/dorms and eat and I was allowed in. Not to eat but I stood next to 2 reporters who were interviewing Earhardt. The only question I remembered them asking was if the Giants were going to carry 3 TEs or 2. He answered but told them not to print it.

Meanwhile, LT walks right past me and I said hello. He wasn't as big as I thought he would be but he was the thickest guy I ever saw. He was like 2 men thick in his chest. Eric Dorsey was a huge guy. I looked into the cafeteria but wasn't allowed in. Later in the 2nd practice I talked to Landeta. He was friendly. The weird thing was, these guys were my age. They seemed older on TV.

And that's my story. Figured you guys would get a kick out a Brooklyn guy talking his way in. The reason I used the Brooklyn Spectator was because they used to cover the softball leagues I used to play in. Sounded good. I'm lucky they didn't call to check my story. These days they probably would. It was a different time.

YATittle1962
01-06-2010, 12:37 AM

Z</P>

</P>

I'm also stumped.* In the back of my mind I can dimly remember a fracas and I was thinking that it was Jerome Sally who got his jaw hurt... so, I'm gonna guess Howard and Sally.</P>

Sorry to keep you guys hanging but I wanted to give everyone a chance. Don't even know how I heard this but the fight was in the weight room and it was Elvis Patterson that cracked Herb Welch in the jaw.

Now here's a true story that involved Giant training camp and me. I went with my friend to training camp after the 86 season, in the summer of 87. At that time it was at Farleigh ****inson and I brought a canon ae1 with a zoom lens. I figured I could get shots of everybody.

I'm a bit crazy when it comes to talking my way into situations so when we got there I went over to security and asked the guy where I go. He said to go into the stands. I said to him, "Let me talk to your supervisor, I called you guys 2 hours ago and you said you would meet me at the gate with a press pass."

I acted put off and the poor guy said, okay, take it easy, what paper are you from and I told him The Brooklyn Spectator. He said he would take me inside to the office and I could speak to his boss. Meanwhile my friend had to go sit in the stands.

They take me inside and I go thru the same act and the security cheif makes fun of the paper I'm with but he gives me a press pass and they let me on the field in a roped off area near the stands. I got a good picture of Parcells and one of Burt pouring water on his head. The problem was the sun was in a position where a lot of the shots were dark. I didn't know much about fstops then.

After morning practice the players go in to the cafeteria/dorms and eat and I was allowed in. Not to eat but I stood next to 2 reporters who were interviewing Earhardt. The only question I remembered them asking was if the Giants were going to carry 3 TEs or 2. He answered but told them not to print it.

Meanwhile, LT walks right past me and I said hello. He wasn't as big as I thought he would be but he was the thickest guy I ever saw. He was like 2 men thick in his chest. Eric Dorsey was a huge guy. I looked into the cafeteria but wasn't allowed in. Later in the 2nd practice I talked to Landeta. He was friendly. The weird thing was, these guys were my age. They seemed older on TV.

And that's my story. Figured you guys would get a kick out a Brooklyn guy talking his way in. The reason I used the Brooklyn Spectator was because they used to cover the softball leagues I used to play in. Sounded good. I'm lucky they didn't call to check my story. These days they probably would. It was a different time.

great stuff Ros

you still have the pics?

Roswell777
01-06-2010, 11:52 AM

im gunna throw out a wild guess for fun..... Jim Burt and Gary Reasons.....seems like a white guy situation....hahaha ZImmy where you at when I need you????? hahahahaha</p>

For some reason Erik Howards name comes to mind as being in to that supposed fight....just a thought</p>

Z</p>

</p>

I'm also stumped. In the back of my mind I can dimly remember a fracas and I was thinking that it was Jerome Sally who got his jaw hurt... so, I'm gonna guess Howard and Sally.</p>

great stuff Ros

you still have the pics?

I do. I have to find them and get my kids to post them.

zimonami
01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Cool stuff, Ros. The Brooklyn Spectator...lol.</P>

Back then, when we were younger... yes, they looked like what they were...our age. Now some of them look like kids.</P>

I had an AE-1 also back then. Nice camera. One day I was taking shots by 20' high waterfall, slipped on the wet rocks, and fell 20 feet into the water. That was the endof that camera.</P>

YATittle1962
01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Cool stuff, Ros.* The Brooklyn Spectator...lol.</P>

Back then, when we were younger... yes, they looked like what they were...*our age.* Now some of them look like kids.</P>

I had an AE-1 also back then.* Nice camera.* One day I was taking shots by 20' high waterfall, slipped on the wet rocks, and fell 20 feet into the water.* That was the end*of that camera.</P>

took my grandson to meet Hakeem Nicks last night

a lot of these guys show up to these signings with an entourage or at least a security guy or agent...

this kid walked up alone wearing a hoodie and a yankee hat with a back pack on....looked like a high school kid....

I thought it was great that he just walked up by himself...

and Ill tell you...what a nice kid....took his time and talked with us

and the whole time im thinking.....hes just a kid....good for him....

what a great guy....my grandson was on coud nine....since he heard Hakeem Nicks name called on draft day he has said....thas my favorite Giant.....so i was glad to take him

and ill tell you this to....Im a big guy...6'4" ..big feet....big hands.....and this kid Nicks has the biggest hands I have ever seen on a human....

everything we have heard about them is true...

Im no little cat and his hands just about swallowed mine.....

an all around pleasant experience

lawl
01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Cool stuff, Ros. The Brooklyn Spectator...lol.</p>

Back then, when we were younger... yes, they looked like what they were...our age. Now some of them look like kids.</p>

I had an AE-1 also back then. Nice camera. One day I was taking shots by 20' high waterfall, slipped on the wet rocks, and fell 20 feet into the water. That was the endof that camera.</p>

a lot of these guys show up to these signings with an entourage or at least a security guy or agent...

this kid walked up alone wearing a hoodie and a yankee hat with a back pack on....looked like a high school kid....

what a great guy....my grandson was on coud nine....since he heard Hakeem Nicks name called on draft day he has said....thas my favorite Giant.....so i was glad to take him

and ill tell you this to....Im a big guy...6'4" ..big feet....big hands.....and this kid Nicks has the biggest hands I have ever seen on a human....

random question, ever seen Buckethead's hands? it's pretty insane

YATittle1962
01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Cool stuff, Ros.* The Brooklyn Spectator...lol.</p>

Back then, when we were younger... yes, they looked like what they were...*our age.* Now some of them look like kids.</p>

I had an AE-1 also back then.* Nice camera.* One day I was taking shots by 20' high waterfall, slipped on the wet rocks, and fell 20 feet into the water.* That was the end*of that camera.</p>

I have ....insanely long fingers

zimonami
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Back then, when we were younger... yes, they looked like what they were...our age. Now some of them look like kids.</P>

I had an AE-1 also back then. Nice camera. One day I was taking shots by 20' high waterfall, slipped on the wet rocks, and fell 20 feet into the water. That was the endof that camera.</P>

took my grandson to meet Hakeem Nicks last night a lot of these guys show up to these signings with an entourage or at least a security guy or agent... this kid walked up alone wearing a hoodie and a yankee hat with a back pack on....looked like a high school kid.... I thought it was great that he just walked up by himself... and Ill tell you...what a nice kid....took his time and talked with us and the whole time im thinking.....hes just a kid....good for him.... what a great guy....my grandson was on coud nine....since he heard Hakeem Nicks name called on draft day he has said....thas my favorite Giant.....so i was glad to take him and ill tell you this to....Im a big guy...6'4" ..big feet....big hands.....and this kid Nicks has the biggest hands I have ever seen on a human.... everything we have heard about them is true... Im no little cat and his hands just about swallowed mine..... an all around pleasant experience</P>

Good stuff, YA. I'm glad to hear Nicks sounds like a good guy... it's always easier to root for the guys who aren't Aholes.</P>

Nice experience for your grandson. We'll hope Hakkem has a great 2010 to make him proud.</P>

zimonami
01-06-2010, 05:12 PM

took my grandson to meet Hakeem Nicks last night a lot of these guys show up to these signings with an entourage or at least a security guy or agent... this kid walked up alone wearing a hoodie and a yankee hat with a back pack on....looked like a high school kid.... I thought it was great that he just walked up by himself... and Ill tell you...what a nice kid....took his time and talked with us and the whole time im thinking.....hes just a kid....good for him.... what a great guy....my grandson was on coud nine....since he heard Hakeem Nicks name called on draft day he has said....thas my favorite Giant.....so i was glad to take him and ill tell you this to....Im a big guy...6'4" ..big feet....big hands.....and this kid Nicks has the biggest hands I have ever seen on a human.... everything we have heard about them is true... Im no little cat and his hands just about swallowed mine..... an all around pleasant experience

</P>

Geez, lawl, now I'm curious to see. Every pic I've ever see they didn't seem odd to me. But, I never notice distinct things about other peeps... if they have large ears, or nose, or hands, etc. I kinda just take someone in as a whole and look at their eyes, and don't notice if their features are strange. Kinda like, oblivious. So, I'm gonna have to watch a video with him to see how different they are. YA says real long fingers.</P>

jints10
01-06-2010, 05:30 PM
That is very nice of you YA your grandson will remember meeting Nicks with you his whole life.
Its good to know that Nicks seems like a very grounded young man..

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-06-2010, 06:11 PM

took my grandson to meet Hakeem Nicks last night a lot of these guys show up to these signings with an entourage or at least a security guy or agent... this kid walked up alone wearing a hoodie and a yankee hat with a back pack on....looked like a high school kid.... I thought it was great that he just walked up by himself... and Ill tell you...what a nice kid....took his time and talked with us and the whole time im thinking.....hes just a kid....good for him.... what a great guy....my grandson was on coud nine....since he heard Hakeem Nicks name called on draft day he has said....thas my favorite Giant.....so i was glad to take him and ill tell you this to....Im a big guy...6'4" ..big feet....big hands.....and this kid Nicks has the biggest hands I have ever seen on a human.... everything we have heard about them is true... Im no little cat and his hands just about swallowed mine..... an all around pleasant experience</P>

Take a look at Tom Jackson's hands next time you get a chance.</P>

zimonami
01-06-2010, 11:55 PM

took my grandson to meet Hakeem Nicks last night a lot of these guys show up to these signings with an entourage or at least a security guy or agent... this kid walked up alone wearing a hoodie and a yankee hat with a back pack on....looked like a high school kid.... I thought it was great that he just walked up by himself... and Ill tell you...what a nice kid....took his time and talked with us and the whole time im thinking.....hes just a kid....good for him.... what a great guy....my grandson was on coud nine....since he heard Hakeem Nicks name called on draft day he has said....thas my favorite Giant.....so i was glad to take him and ill tell you this to....Im a big guy...6'4" ..big feet....big hands.....and this kid Nicks has the biggest hands I have ever seen on a human.... everything we have heard about them is true... Im no little cat and his hands just about swallowed mine..... an all around pleasant experience

</P>

Geez, lawl, now I'm curious to see. Every pic I've ever see they didn't seem odd to me. But, I never notice distinct things about other peeps... if they have large ears, or nose, or hands, etc. I kinda just take someone in as a whole and look at their eyes, and don't notice if their features are strange. Kinda like, oblivious. So, I'm gonna have to watch a video with him to see how different they are. YA says real long fingers.</P>

</P>

Wow... loooong fingers.</P>

But, Buckethead will never catch an NFL pass, like Nicks</P>

And, Nicks will never play yhe electric guitar like Buckethead.</P>

YATittle1962
01-07-2010, 02:11 AM
in 1970 the Giants picked a LB with their first round pick....

their last first round LB til LT...(Van Pelt was 2nd im pretty sure they traded away their first in 73)

who was that 1970 first round pick?

I loved this guy...wish his career lasted longer

rbcarpenter
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM

their last first round LB til LT...(Van Pelt was 2nd im pretty sure they traded away their first in 73)

I loved this guy...wish his career lasted longerjimmy files from oklahoma.

YATittle1962
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM

I loved this guy...wish his career lasted longerjimmy files from oklahoma.

right on rbc

I loved the way this guy played...he just got stuck on some poor teams....

am I right that Van Pelt was a 2nd rounder?

hell of a pick he was as well.....that was one tough SOB

zimonami
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
in 1970 the Giants picked a LB with their first round pick.... their last first round LB til LT...(Van Pelt was 2nd im pretty sure they traded away their first in 73) who was that 1970 first round pick? I loved this guy...wish his career lasted longerjimmy files from oklahoma. right on rbc I loved the way this guy played...he just got stuck on some poor teams.... am I right that Van Pelt was a 2nd rounder? hell of a pick he was as well.....that was one tough SOB</P>

yep... 2nd Rnd with pick # 40.</P>

How did he last that long? He was a 2 time All American and won the Maxwell award his senior year as the outstanding defensive player in '72.</P>

Maybe they thought he was going to play baseball?</P>

YATittle1962
01-07-2010, 01:01 PM
in 1970 the Giants picked a LB with their first round pick.... their last first round LB til LT...(Van Pelt was 2nd im pretty sure they traded away their first in 73) who was that 1970 first round pick? I loved this guy...wish his career lasted longerjimmy files from oklahoma. right on rbc I loved the way this guy played...he just got stuck on some poor teams.... am I right that Van Pelt was a 2nd rounder? hell of a pick he was as well.....that was one tough SOB</P>

How did he last that long?* He was a 2 time All American and won the Maxwell award his senior year as the outstanding defensive player in '72.</P>

was he a baseball player as well?

I did not know that.

was he drafted by anyone in the bigs?

DallasSucks007
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Here's one.

Which defensive pro bowler wore #89 for the Giants?

i'm stumped Rosey.
who was it?
i know i'm gonna kick myself when you say who it is...

Fred Dryer

Hunter!!

DallasSucks007
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Which Giants QB holds the record for most passing yards in a season?

YATittle1962
01-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Which Giants QB holds the record for most passing yards in a season?

Kerry Collins

DallasSucks007
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah..that was an easy one I know.

DallasSucks007
01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Just FYI for fans interested in Giants history I recently got for Christmas this great book...it's got a lot of great photos as well as fun facts and history.

Yesterday & Today New York Giants
by Marty Strasen, Publications International
Hardcover
Reader Rating: (1 ratings)
Read customer reviewsWrite a Review

SEC105
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Just FYI for fans interested in Giants history I recently got for Christmas this great book...it's got a lot of great photos as well as fun facts and history. Yesterday &amp; Today New York Giants by Marty Strasen, Publications International Hardcover Reader Rating: (1 ratings) Read customer reviewsWrite a Review</P>

Thanks for the heads up on the book . I don't have that one</P>

We played the Bengals during the 85 season and lost. What Giant set an all time one gamerecord [for the Giants]in that game and what was it?</P>

Z</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Which Giants QB holds the record for most passing yards in a season?</P>

Kerry Collins- recently a question in this thread.</P>

THEMASTER
01-07-2010, 06:16 PM
What running back nicknamed "the chief" was drafted by the Giants in 1958 out of Vanderbilt University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanderbilt_University)?
hint: he wore #24
</P>

Phil King, who was on american indian descent.</P>

YATittle1962
01-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Just FYI for fans interested in Giants history I recently got for Christmas this great book...it's got a lot of great photos as well as fun facts and history. Yesterday & Today New York Giants by Marty Strasen, Publications International Hardcover Reader Rating: (1 ratings) Read customer reviewsWrite a Review</P>

We played the Bengals during the 85 season and lost. What Giant set an all time one game*record [for the Giants]*in that game and what was it?</P>

Z</P>

great question SEC......

was it the Joe Morris rushing record?

thats the only thing that comes to mind from 85

SEC105
01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Just FYI for fans interested in Giants history I recently got for Christmas this great book...it's got a lot of great photos as well as fun facts and history. Yesterday &amp; Today New York Giants by Marty Strasen, Publications International Hardcover Reader Rating: (1 ratings) Read customer reviewsWrite a Review</P>

We played the Bengals during the 85 season and lost. What Giant set an all time one gamerecord [for the Giants]in that game and what was it?</P>

Z</P>

great question SEC...... was it the Joe Morris rushing record? thats the only thing that comes to mind from 85</P>

It was not Morris YA. We put up alot of points [like 30]. They just put up more</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
01-07-2010, 06:53 PM

How did he last that long? He was a 2 time All American and won the Maxwell award his senior year as the outstanding defensive player in '72.</P>

was he a baseball player as well? I did not know that. was he drafted by anyone in the bigs?</P>

Several teams (Indians and Angels) wanted to draft him right out of HS, but he declined, saying he was going to college.</P>

At MSU he earned 7 varsity letters in football, baseball, and basketball. </P>

In one HS basketball game he had 42 rebounds. He was All State as a HS QB, and all league in baseball and basketball.</P>

YATittle1962
01-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Just FYI for fans interested in Giants history I recently got for Christmas this great book...it's got a lot of great photos as well as fun facts and history. Yesterday & Today New York Giants by Marty Strasen, Publications International Hardcover Reader Rating: (1 ratings) Read customer reviewsWrite a Review</P>

We played the Bengals during the 85 season and lost. What Giant set an all time one game*record [for the Giants]*in that game and what was it?</P>

Z</P>

great question SEC...... was it the Joe Morris rushing record? thats the only thing that comes to mind from 85</P>

It was not Morris* YA. We put up alot of points [like 30]. They just put up more</P>

Z</P>

oh oh oh ...single game record...

gotta be Simms? passing yards?

not sure how many exactly but its ringing a bell now....

I could be wrong but I think Simms passed for a ridiculous amount of yards

SEC105
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM

Z</P>

It was not Morris* YA. We put up alot of points [like 30]. They just put up more</P>

Z</P>

oh oh oh ...single game record...

gotta be Simms? passing yards?

not sure how many exactly but its ringing a bell now....

I could be wrong but I think Simms passed for a ridiculous amount of yards
That was it YA nice call Simms threw for over 500 yards and was like 40 of 60 on passing attempts In that game which rookie caught about 12 or 13 of those passes? He went on to become one of the all time Giant Fan favorites
Z

zimonami
01-07-2010, 11:49 PM

Z</P>

It was not Morris YA. We put up alot of points [like 30]. They just put up more</P>

Z</P>

oh oh oh ...single game record... gotta be Simms? passing yards? not sure how many exactly but its ringing a bell now.... I could be wrong but I think Simms passed for a ridiculous amount of yards That was it YA nice call Simms threw for over 500 yards and was like 40 of 60 on passing attempts In that game which rookie caught about 12 or 13 of those passes? He went on to become one of the all time Giant Fan favorites Z</P>

That's the truth, SEC... Mark Bavaro... loved by all Giant fans</P>

YATittle1962
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Just FYI for fans interested in Giants history I recently got for Christmas this great book...it's got a lot of great photos as well as fun facts and history. Yesterday &amp; Today New York Giants by Marty Strasen, Publications International Hardcover Reader Rating: (1 ratings) Read customer reviewsWrite a Review</p>

Thanks for the heads up on the book . I don't have that one</p>

We played the Bengals during the 85 season and lost. What Giant set an all time one gamerecord [for the Giants]in that game and what was it?</p>

Z</p>

great question SEC...... was it the Joe Morris rushing record? thats the only thing that comes to mind from 85</p>

It was not Morris YA. We put up alot of points [like 30]. They just put up more</p>

Z</p>

oh oh oh ...single game record... gotta be Simms? passing yards? not sure how many exactly but its ringing a bell now.... I could be wrong but I think Simms passed for a ridiculous amount of yards That was it YA nice call Simms threw for over 500 yards and was like 40 of 60 on passing attempts In that game which rookie caught about 12 or 13 of those passes? He went on to become one of the all time Giant Fan favorites Z</p>

That's the truth, SEC... Mark Bavaro... loved by all Giant fans</p>

toughest ******* on the planet

zimonami
01-08-2010, 11:59 AM

Z</P>

Z</P>

oh oh oh ...single game record... gotta be Simms? passing yards? not sure how many exactly but its ringing a bell now.... I could be wrong but I think Simms passed for a ridiculous amount of yards That was it YA nice call Simms threw for over 500 yards and was like 40 of 60 on passing attempts In that game which rookie caught about 12 or 13 of those passes? He went on to become one of the all time Giant Fan favorites Z</P>

That's the truth, SEC... Mark Bavaro... loved by all Giant fans</P>

toughest ******* on the planet
</P>

He played with a broken, wired up jaw. </P>

'Nuf said.</P>

SEC105
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Bravaro it was. Just don't see guys like him much anymore. Remember when Parcels was heard saying on one of the DVDs "I sure would not want to have to fight him [Bravaro]in an alley" lol</P>

Which Giant player was qouted as saying "Theylaid down like dogs" when asked about another team having to win for us to get into the playoffs. Who said it and what team was he referring to? late80s? Not the exact qoute but to the best of mymemory</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Bravaro it was. Just don't see guys like him much anymore. Remember when Parcels was heard saying on one of the DVDs "I sure would not want to have to fight him [Bravaro]*in an alley"** lol</P>

Which Giant player was qouted as saying "They*laid down like dogs" when asked about another team having to win for us to get into the playoffs. Who said it and what team was he referring to?**** late80s?*** Not the exact qoute but to the best of my*memory*</P>

Z</P>

cant remember who said it.....but I think he was referring to the 9ers laying down and letting the Rams sneak in in 88....

am I close?

maybe LT said it?

YATittle1962
01-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Bravaro it was. Just don't see guys like him much anymore. Remember when Parcels was heard saying on one of the DVDs "I sure would not want to have to fight him [Bravaro]*in an alley"** lol</P>

Which Giant player was qouted as saying "They*laid down like dogs" when asked about another team having to win for us to get into the playoffs. Who said it and what team was he referring to?**** late80s?*** Not the exact qoute but to the best of my*memory*</P>

Z</P>

cant remember who said it.....but I think he was referring to the 9ers laying down and letting the Rams sneak in in 88....

am I close?

maybe LT said it?

you left us hangin SEC...who was it?

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-10-2010, 10:40 PM
DO you know who he mother-in-law of these boards is?</P>

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/jpalumbo77/phe0137l-1.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
DO you know** who he mother-in-law of these boards is?</P>

why you beefing with bansaw BBS62? ;)

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-10-2010, 10:52 PM

why you beefing with bansaw BBS62? ;)</P>

because he is a punk.</P>

and he has an image of me in his head as some old man.</P>

He would be in for the shock of his life if he wants to come face to face with me.</P>

I would tell him exactly what I was going to do to him and there wouldn't be a</P>

damned thing he would be able to do about it. I tried to be nice to him but he's one of those punks who confuses nicety with weakness. Big error.</P>

And thank you GWAT because it looks like you are influencing my posting.</P>

I hope you can back up what you say like I can GWAT!</P>

Happy New Year Y.A. [:)]</P>

SEC105
01-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Bravaro it was. Just don't see guys like him much anymore. Remember when Parcels was heard saying on one of the DVDs "I sure would not want to have to fight him [Bravaro]in an alley" lol</P>

Which Giant player was qouted as saying "Theylaid down like dogs" when asked about another team having to win for us to get into the playoffs. Who said it and what team was he referring to? late80s? Not the exact qoute but to the best of mymemory</P>

Z</P>

cant remember who said it.....but I think he was referring to the 9ers laying down and letting the Rams sneak in in 88.... am I close? maybe LT said it?</P>

Did not mean to leave you guys hanging.......my fault....if I'm gonna be away with a question out thereI'll leave answer in AGFHC thread from now on. I know how frustrating it can be waiting. </P>

You're right YA on the team , it was the 49ers who just laid down like dogs keeping us out of the playoffs [on purpose imo and most everybody else]. Phil Simms made the comment</P>

Who were the 4 main recievers Kurt Warner used when he was with Rams when they were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"..late nineties threw 2001 or 2002.....they beat us @ Giants Stadium at least once. </P>

Z</P>

SEC105
01-11-2010, 05:20 PM

</P>

I don't know what this about BB62............just guessing it's some kind of joke?</P>

Z</P>

Slasher
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
What happened to the "Legend of Seawright" thread? Has it been deleted?

NY_Eli
01-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Here's some trivia for ya.

Lots are talking about Rolando McClain, winner of the Butkus Award for outstanding linebackers.

Who was the only Butkus Award winner to every play for the Giants?

(Hint: this award came into being in 1985)

Slasher
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Didn't Arrington win it?

NY_Eli
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Didn't Arrington win it?

Yessir

*sigh, that brings back some ugly memories. If things had turned out differently he could have been a star for us for a few years

Slasher
01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Didn't Arrington win it?

Yessir

*sigh, that brings back some ugly memories. If things had turned out differently he could have been a star for us for a few years

Unfortunately, he had no cartlidge in his knees. He was always going to be a train wreck for us. We also played him at SAM I think? He was way better suited to WILL. And the reasoning was so they could "get him closer to the ball more often". Rubbish!

Slasher
01-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Okay, who is the only modern era Giants player to win the Heisman?

NY_Eli
01-11-2010, 05:52 PM
That's easy Ron Dayne

SEC105
01-11-2010, 06:25 PM
That's easy Ron Dayne</P>

Herscel Walker played for the Giants</P>

Z</P>

NY_Eli
01-11-2010, 06:27 PM

Z</P>

oh snap good point question is flawed

SEC105
01-11-2010, 06:41 PM

Z</P>

oh snap good point question is flawed</P>

It happens [;)]</P>

Z</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Both of these QB's backed up YA Title.</P>

Initials RG and GG</P>

Who are they?</P>

This may have been done in this thread before but I'm not going to peruse the whole thread&gt;</P>

YATittle1962
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM

Initials*** RG** and** GG</P>

Who are they?</P>

This may have been done in this thread before but I'm not going to peruse the whole thread></P>

RG would be Ralph Gugliemi (sp)

and GG is Glen Griffin........I think.........

tough question

not sure if Griffin ever even threw an NFL pass

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-11-2010, 11:00 PM

Initials RG and GG</P>

Who are they?</P>

This may have been done in this thread before but I'm not going to peruse the whole thread&gt;</P>

RG would be Ralph Gugliemi (sp) and GG is Glen Griffin........I think......... tough question not sure if Griffin ever even threw an NFL pass</P>

Well done! Actually it's Griffing w/ a "g"</P>

rbcarpenter
01-12-2010, 12:13 AM

Z</P>

cant remember who said it.....but I think he was referring to the 9ers laying down and letting the Rams sneak in in 88.... am I close? maybe LT said it?</P>

Did not mean to leave you guys hanging.......my fault....if I'm gonna be away with a question out there*I'll leave answer in AGFHC thread from now on. I know how frustrating it can be waiting. </P>

You're right YA on the team , it was the 49ers who just laid down like dogs keeping us out of the playoffs [on purpose imo and most everybody else*]. Phil Simms made the comment</P>

*Who were the 4 main recievers Kurt Warner used when he was with Rams when they were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"..late nineties threw* 2001 or 2002.....they beat us @ Giants Stadium at least once. </P>

Z*</P>those four would be torry holt,isaac bruce,ricky proehl,andaz-zahir hakeem(with marshall faulk in the backfield),what an offense!

gmen 24/7
01-12-2010, 12:19 AM
what is our record against the nfc-east

zimonami
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
</P>

you mean all time, gmen? Right? Not the 4-2 from this year?</P>

In the last 50 years? I'll take a wild stab at 182-176-4... there were many years when we had 8 games each season with St. Louis in the division.</P>

YATittle1962
01-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Zimmy I miss ya buddy

how r u these days?

zimonami
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Zimmy I miss ya buddy how r u these days?</P>

Thank you, YA. I'm doing well and moving along slowly. I'll be a lot better when I get some new work direction which will keep me occupied... that will be coming soon.</P>

The Giants performance their last month kinda made things a lot more depressing, but I'll get over it, just like I did in poor years past. But, it would have helped if they had played better. I avoided the boards completely, except for this thread and "AG for Head Coach",for a while just because of all the craziness that pops up in these circumstances. I find the guys on here, and the AG thread, are more grounded than some of our younger board members. Things are getting better on here, so I'll be around more often.</P>

Our new seat assignment is in the new Loge area, about the 25 yard line. The virtual view from there looks good and I'll be going to at least one game... not sure if it will be preseason or regular season, but I'll be going and will keep you abreast so that we can hook up for a few beers and some getting acquainted. It would be nice if some of our other regulars with season tix were also there, so I'll give plenty of heads up notice.</P>

My best to you, YA, for a great 2010.... it can't be worse than '09, for sure :)</P>

Z,</P>

UK-Giantsfan
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Zim ....good yo see you back too</P>

( i have also given the boards a miss recently due to all the juvenile insanity )</P>

by the way ....can you remember where you were 23 years ago on Jan 11 ?</P>

i was 17 ....and i watched the game with my sister in London ( on her birthday ) ......she is a Skins fan and was in love with Jay Schroeder at the time !</P>

great memories .....i feel old</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
</P>

In the last 50 years? I'll take a wild stab at 182-176-4... there were many years when we had 8 games each season with St. Louis in the division.</P>

</P>

Has there been an NFC East for 50 years? Seems to me they went to this type of divisional set up in the 70's. But I'm not sure.</P>

SEC105
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Z</P>

Did not mean to leave you guys hanging.......my fault....if I'm gonna be away with a question out thereI'll leave answer in AGFHC thread from now on. I know how frustrating it can be waiting. </P>

You're right YA on the team , it was the 49ers who just laid down like dogs keeping us out of the playoffs [on purpose imo and most everybody else]. Phil Simms made the comment</P>

Who were the 4 main recievers Kurt Warner used when he was with Rams when they were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"..late nineties threw 2001 or 2002.....they beat us @ Giants Stadium at least once. </P>

Z</P>

those four would be torry holt,isaac bruce,ricky proehl,andaz-zahir hakeem(with marshall faulk in the backfield),what an offense!</P>

That was them RC and nice call...............they were truly were "The Greatest Show On Turf" at the time. Warner is HOF imo could do without his preaching but he seems to have toned that down As far as a QB he is amazing wth his vision of the field and he's still doing it!</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
01-12-2010, 04:24 PM
</P>

</P>

Has there been an NFC East for 50 years? Seems to me they went to this type of divisional set up in the 70's. But I'm not sure.</P>

</P>

I believe it was 1970 when the NFC East was set up but not positive. Maybe someone can confirm. Same teams since except the Cardinals were moved out of it. What year were the Cardinals pulled out of the NFC East?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
</p>

you mean all time, gmen? Right? Not the 4-2 from this year?</p>

In the last 50 years? I'll take a wild stab at 182-176-4... there were many years when we had 8 games each season with St. Louis in the division.</p>

</p>

Has there been an NFC East for 50 years? Seems to me they went to this type of divisional set up in the 70's. But I'm not sure.</p>

</p>

I believe it was 1970 when the NFC East was set up but not positive. Maybe someone can confirm. Same teams since except the Cardinals were moved out of it. What year were the Cardinals pulled out of the NFC East?</p>

Z</p>
I agree 1970 was the first year of NFC East. Cards moved to Phoenix in 1987 but didn't move out of the East till like 2002.

SEC105
01-12-2010, 06:34 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I believe it was 1970 when the NFC East was set up but not positive. Maybe someone can confirm. Same teams since except the Cardinals were moved out of it. What year were the Cardinals pulled out of the NFC East?</P>

Z</P>

I agree 1970 was the first year of NFC East. Cards moved to Phoenix in 1987 but didn't move out of the East till like 2002.
</P>

Thanks Jints10..........................What Cardinal RB made OJ expendable thus sending OJ to us?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
</p>

In the last 50 years? I'll take a wild stab at 182-176-4... there were many years when we had 8 games each season with St. Louis in the division.</p>

</p>

Has there been an NFC East for 50 years? Seems to me they went to this type of divisional set up in the 70's. But I'm not sure.</p>

</p>

</p>

I believe it was 1970 when the NFC East was set up but not positive. Maybe someone can confirm. Same teams since except the Cardinals were moved out of it. What year were the Cardinals pulled out of the NFC East?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Thanks Jints10..........................What Cardinal RB made OJ expendable thus sending OJ to us?</p>

Z</p>
Was it Stump Mitchell

zimonami
01-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Zim ....good yo see you back too</P>

( i have also given the boards a miss recently due to all the juvenile insanity )</P>

by the way ....can you remember where you were 23 years ago on Jan 11 ?</P>

i was 17 ....and i watched the game with my sister in London ( on her birthday ) ......she is a Skins fan and was in love with Jay Schroeder at the time !</P>

great memories .....i feel old</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

UKGF... of course!. Sitting in Giant Stadium with my Aunt Jean... bitter cold, but feelin' warm and happy. To that point, the happiest I ever was as a Giant fan. At the end of the game, the confetti blowing around that stadium will always be the best memory I have of that Stadium. I was 40 years old... so, I'm an even older fart right now...lol.</P>

zimonami
01-12-2010, 07:30 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

You're right, jints 10. From '66-'69 we were flip-floppin' between the Cntury and Cpitol Divisions of the NFL Eastern Conference.</P>

So, from 1970 to 2001 we played8 NFC East games each of 32 seasons, and from 2002 to 2009 we played 6 divisional games every year... not counting playoffs.</P>

That's 304 divisional games since '70.</P>

I'll say we were 151-151-2 in those 40 seasons.</P>

gmen24/7... what's the answer you had in mind?</P>

</P>

rbcarpenter
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
</p>

</p>

Has there been an NFC East for 50 years?* Seems to me they went to this type of divisional set up in the 70's. But I'm not sure.</p>

</p>

*</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Thanks Jints10..........................What Cardinal RB made OJ expendable thus sending OJ to us?</p>

Z</p>
Was it Stump Mitchell
i thought it was larry centers.

rbcarpenter
01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
ok, i guess centers came along a bit later.

SEC105
01-13-2010, 04:23 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Thanks Jints10..........................What Cardinal RB made OJ expendable thus sending OJ to us?</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell
i thought it was larry centers.</P>

It was Stump Mitchell guys. He went on to coach in college and did coach in the NFL. Last I heard he was with Seahawks.</P>

From todays Newsday Jan 13 1991 we beat the Bears 31-3@ Giants Stadium in this playoff game on the road to the SB. Hoss was the QB as we all know. 4 different Giants scored in that game , who were they?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
</P>

</P>

Has there been an NFC East for 50 years?* Seems to me they went to this type of divisional set up in the 70's. But I'm not sure.</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

It was Stump Mitchell guys.* He went on to coach in college and did coach in the NFL. Last I heard he was with Seahawks.</P>

From todays Newsday** Jan 13 1991** we beat the Bears 31-3*@ Giants Stadium in this playoff game on the road to the SB. Hoss was the QB as we all know. 4 different Giants scored in that game , who were they?</P>

Z</P>

I recall Baker catching a pretty nice pass for a TD......and I rememeber Hoss running one in.....

thats all I got......

pretty sure there was another rushing TD....not sure who....maybe OJ?

SEC105
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

It was Stump Mitchell guys. He went on to coach in college and did coach in the NFL. Last I heard he was with Seahawks.</P>

From todays Newsday Jan 13 1991 we beat the Bears 31-3@ Giants Stadium in this playoff game on the road to the SB. Hoss was the QB as we all know. 4 different Giants scored in that game , who were they?</P>

Z</P>

I recall Baker catching a pretty nice pass for a TD......and I rememeber Hoss running one in..... thats all I got...... pretty sure there was another rushing TD....not sure who....maybe OJ?</P>

You're right there YA.2 rushing TDs and 2 TD passes. Hoss did run one in and Baker caught one from Hoss. OJ was not one of those however by the ground or air.</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
</P>

</P>

Has there been an NFC East for 50 years?* Seems to me they went to this type of divisional set up in the 70's. But I'm not sure.</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

It was Stump Mitchell guys.* He went on to coach in college and did coach in the NFL. Last I heard he was with Seahawks.</P>

From todays Newsday** Jan 13 1991** we beat the Bears 31-3*@ Giants Stadium in this playoff game on the road to the SB. Hoss was the QB as we all know. 4 different Giants scored in that game , who were they?</P>

Z</P>

I recall Baker catching a pretty nice pass for a TD......and I rememeber Hoss running one in.....

thats all I got......

pretty sure there was another rushing TD....not sure who....maybe OJ?carthon,cross,baker,and hoss,with a little bahr on the side:)

SEC105
01-13-2010, 05:30 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

Z</P>

I recall Baker catching a pretty nice pass for a TD......and I rememeber Hoss running one in..... thats all I got...... pretty sure there was another rushing TD....not sure who....maybe OJ?carthon,cross,baker,and hoss,with a little bahr on the side:)</P>

4 for 4 RC or should or should I say 5 for 5 as Bahr was the kicker! Nice What Giant Rookie RB was hurt badly [broken leg I think]in that game and done for the playoff run?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

Z</P>

I recall Baker catching a pretty nice pass for a TD......and I rememeber Hoss running one in..... thats all I got...... pretty sure there was another rushing TD....not sure who....maybe OJ?carthon,cross,baker,and hoss,with a little bahr on the side:)</P>

4 for 4 RC or should or should I say 5 for 5 as Bahr was the kicker!* Nice** What Giant Rookie RB was hurt badly [broken leg I think]*in that game and done for the playoff run?</P>

Z</P>rodney hampton.

SEC105
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

Z</P>

4 for 4 RC or should or should I say 5 for 5 as Bahr was the kicker! Nice What Giant Rookie RB was hurt badly [broken leg I think]in that game and done for the playoff run?</P>

Z</P>

rodney hampton.</P>

Hampton it was. In that same game who were the 2 leading rushers for the Bears?. I think the 2 of em gained less than 30 yards combined</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-13-2010, 10:16 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

Z</P>

4 for 4 RC or should or should I say 5 for 5 as Bahr was the kicker!* Nice** What Giant Rookie RB was hurt badly [broken leg I think]*in that game and done for the playoff run?</P>

Z</P>

rodney hampton.</P>

Hampton it was. In that same game who were the 2 leading rushers for the Bears?. I think the 2 of em gained less than 30 yards combined</P>

Z</P>

I remember Neal Anderson...not sure if he is one of them

rbcarpenter
01-13-2010, 10:36 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Was it Stump Mitchell

Z</P>

Z</P>

rodney hampton.</P>

Z</P>

I remember Neal Anderson...not sure if he is one of themanderson and muuuuuster:)

YATittle1962
01-15-2010, 12:30 AM
in 1990 the Giants D allowed the fewest TDs in the league....

how many rushing....and how many passing?

take a stab without looking it up....

Z

rbcarpenter
01-15-2010, 12:37 AM

Zi'll say 14 passing an 13 rushing.

BigAzzuro
01-15-2010, 12:37 AM

Z

Random guess - 10 rushing TDs, 15 passing TDs

zimonami
01-15-2010, 01:48 AM
in 1990 the Giants D allowed the fewest TDs in the league.... how many rushing....and how many passing? take a stab without looking it up.... Z</P>

I'll say 32... 16 passing and 16 rushing</P>

Slunk3AM
01-15-2010, 02:35 AM
8 rushing</P>

15 passing</P>

jints10
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
my guess is 10 rushing 13 passing

SEC105
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
It was Brad Muster and Neal Anderson who were the 2 Chicago RB's who gained less than 30 yards between them in the 1990 playoff game.so you guys got it</P>

Off the top of my head I'll say we allowed 12 rushing and 16 passing?</P>

Z</P>