PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

SEC105
05-04-2010, 04:56 PM
who is this ? and why do I/we hate him so? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4197/228697.jpg vai sikahema And you hate him just as all of us do because his goalpost punching stunt after scoring a punt return touchdown in 92</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sglasPrb9k</P>

Not exactly Flipper Anderson...............but a real spit in the face of Giant Fans</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-04-2010, 06:02 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50730430.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 1B0FF30EFB267C40B912A3E3347E68B57EADC07045F72082B0 1E70F2B3269972</P>

The Pats LBer in this photo is the brother of a very famous N Y Giant. Any idea who it is</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
so,who cut their foot on the glass?it's killing me! lol!

I know right lol

YATittle1962
05-04-2010, 11:01 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50730430.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A141B0FF30EFB267C40B912A3E3347E68B5 7EADC07045F72082B01E70F2B3269972</P>

The Pats LBer in this photo is the brother of a very famous N Y Giant. Any idea who it is</P>

Z</P>

awesome question....

thats Bavaros brother right?

I remember when he came out of Syracuse.....I wanted the Giants to take him......he was a real late round pick......cant remember what round......

he never really turned out to be much.......

he was in our division though.....his rookie season

jints10
05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
who is this ? and why do I/we hate him so? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4197/228697.jpg vai sikahema And you hate him just as all of us do because his goalpost punching stunt after scoring a punt return touchdown in 92</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sglasPrb9k</p>

Not exactly Flipper Anderson...............but a real spit in the face of Giant Fans</p>

Z</p>
I dont know how many times I said I'm Sikahema

Roswell777
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM

I know right lol

Sorry guys, had a lot on my plate the last couple of days. The guy who cut his foot was Larry Jacobson out of Nebraska.

Here's a quote:

"The Giants were terrible," Jacobson said. "When I was drafted, the
culture was the pits. It was a rude awakening to go from a place like Nebraska (http://foxsports.foxnews.com/cfb/team/nebraska-cornhuskers-football) - where everything is built on camaraderie
and a will to win - to a place where nobody cared about the team. After
the fifth scrimmage, players only cared about themselves. It was
totally different than what we did at Nebraska (http://foxsports.foxnews.com/cfb/team/nebraska-cornhuskers-football) to win national championships."

Speaks volumes about our team in the early 70s.

YATittle1962
05-05-2010, 03:55 PM
who is this ? and why do I/we hate him so? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4197/228697.jpg vai sikahema And you hate him just as all of us do because his goalpost punching stunt after scoring a punt return touchdown in 92</p>

*</p>

Not exactly Flipper Anderson...............but a real spit in the face of Giant Fans</p>

Z</p>
I dont know how many times I said***** I'm Sikahema

my man jints.....good to see you brother....been a while.....

or maybe Im lost,.......at least it seems like a while ;)

ny06
05-05-2010, 03:59 PM

I know right lol

Sorry guys, had a lot on my plate the last couple of days.* The guy who cut his foot was Larry Jacobson out of Nebraska.*

Here's a quote:

"The Giants were terrible," Jacobson said. "When I was drafted, the
culture was the pits. It was a rude awakening to go from a place like Nebraska (http://foxsports.foxnews.com/cfb/team/nebraska-cornhuskers-football) - where everything is built on camaraderie
and a will to win - to a place where nobody cared about the team. After
the fifth scrimmage, players only cared about themselves. It was
totally different than what we did at Nebraska (http://foxsports.foxnews.com/cfb/team/nebraska-cornhuskers-football) to win national championships."

Speaks volumes about our team in the early 70s.

Thanks for the answer.

Would have never guessed that

jints10
05-05-2010, 04:07 PM

</p>

Z</p>

my man jints.....good to see you brother....been a while.....

or maybe Im lost,.......at least it seems like a while ;)
Thanks YA my dad isnt doing well and I have been back and forth to Fla. With that and trying to run my business not much time.

YATittle1962
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
sorry to hear about Dad jints......you know we are all in your corner

SEC105
05-05-2010, 04:42 PM
who is this ? and why do I/we hate him so? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4197/228697.jpg vai sikahema And you hate him just as all of us do because his goalpost punching stunt after scoring a punt return touchdown in 92</P>

</P>

Not exactly Flipper Anderson...............but a real spit in the face of Giant Fans</P>

Z</P>

my man jints.....good to see you brother....been a while..... or maybe Im lost,.......at least it seems like a while ;)
Thanks YA my dad isnt doing well and I have been back and forth to Fla. With that and trying to run my business not much time.
</P>

Sorry to hear your Dad is not doing well Jints10......thoughts and prayers</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys

SEC105
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50730430.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 1B0FF30EFB267C40B912A3E3347E68B57EADC07045F72082B0 1E70F2B3269972</P>

Z</P>

awesome question.... thats Bavaros brother right? I remember when he came out of Syracuse.....I wanted the Giants to take him......he was a real late round pick......cant remember what round...... he never really turned out to be much....... he was in our division though.....his rookie season</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bavaro</P>

Yup thats David Bavaro</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
What 49er tackled Gary Reasons when Parcels pulled the fake punt in the 1990 NFC Championship game?</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
05-05-2010, 04:50 PM
What 49er tackled Gary Reasons when Parcels pulled the fake punt in the 1990 NFC Championship game?</p>

Z</p>

Great call, I remember Reasons kind of running right towards the guy, but I don't remember the guy.

The twin question to that is who tackled Bavaro after he caught the pass when Rutledge moved to under center from the holder's position in '86?

rbcarpenter
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
<font size="5">who cut their foot,or did someone answer and i missed it?heeeeelp!!![:)]
</font>

ny06
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
<font size="5">who cut their foot,or did someone answer and i missed it?heeeeelp!!![:)]
</font>

It was Larry Jacobson

zimonami
05-05-2010, 10:23 PM

</P>

Z</P>

my man jints.....good to see you brother....been a while..... or maybe Im lost,.......at least it seems like a while ;)
</P>

Sorry to hear your Dad is not doing well Jints10......thoughts and prayers</P>

Z</P>

</P>

From me, too, jints.</P>

Stay strong. It will be tough, but show him some smiles mixed with your concern and love.</P>

Be safe with all the traveling.</P>

We'll be thinking of you and your family, jints.</P>

ny06
05-05-2010, 10:26 PM
What 49er tackled Gary Reasons when Parcels pulled the fake punt in the 1990 NFC Championship game?</P>

Z</P>

Dexter Carter?

TheBlueGiant
05-05-2010, 10:30 PM
What 49er tackled Gary Reasons when Parcels pulled the fake punt in the 1990 NFC Championship game?</p>

Z</p>

Dexter Carter?

Still have that game on VHS lmao

ny06
05-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Z</p>

Dexter Carter?

What a game...

One of my favorite games of all time.

The hitting on both sides of the ball were something

YATittle1962
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM

Z</p>

Dexter Carter?

I do as well.....watch it probably a couple times a year

TheBlueGiant
05-05-2010, 10:35 PM
the best was the look on Joe Montanas face when he faked out LT he had that smirk then Marshal pound him into the dirt .lmao

Pat Summerol was classic..half in the bag in the booth.. reporting on montanna ..reports from the bench..everything hurts lmao

when Barhs field goal goes through the up-rights. There will be NO 3 peat lol.. classic!!!

ny06
05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
the best was the look on Joe Montanas face when he faked out LT* he had that smirk then Marshal pound him into the dirt .lmao

I loved the relentlessness from Marshall on that play. He never gave up and knocked Montana out for 2 years.

TheBlueGiant
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
the best was the look on Joe Montanas face when he faked out LT he had that smirk then Marshal pound him into the dirt .lmao

I loved the relentlessness from Marshall on that play. He never gave up and knocked Montana out for 2 years.

Pat Summerol ..reports from the bench..Everything hurts..lol

ny06
05-05-2010, 10:45 PM
the best was the look on Joe Montanas face when he faked out LT* he had that smirk then Marshal pound him into the dirt .lmao

I thought he killed him lol

rbcarpenter
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
</font>

It was Larry Jacobsonwow,i actually have NO recollection of him! lol!

TheBlueGiant
05-06-2010, 12:29 AM

I thought he killed him lol

lmao

zimonami
05-06-2010, 11:27 AM
<FONT size=5>who cut their foot,or did someone answer and i missed it?heeeeelp!!![:)]
</FONT> It was Larry Jacobsonwow,i actually have NO recollection of him! lol!
</P>

I remember him. A first round pick in '72 at DE/DT. Stayed with us for 3 years and hardly sniffed the field. One of our biggest wastes of a 1st rnd pick... even Dayne did 10X more than LJ... even Cedric did more.</P>

YATittle1962
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
dont want to post in that thread thats going crazy....and wanted to hear from my boys in this thread.....

what about this LT ****.......

Im shocked....Im not shocked.....Im appalled ....Im sad.....Im angry......Im hopeful that its not true.....Im disappointed if it is....

talk to me boys

Roswell777
05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
dont want to post in that thread thats going crazy....and wanted to hear from my boys in this thread.....

Im shocked....Im not shocked.....Im appalled ....Im sad.....Im angry......Im hopeful that its not true.....Im disappointed if it is....

talk to me boys

While all the facts have yet to come out and I'm sure LT thought the girl was of legal age he still broke the law and is capable of great things on a football field and monumentally stupid things off of it.

ny06
05-06-2010, 04:38 PM

talk to me boys

I am beyond disappointed. I am sad and angry.

I just hope it is not true

SEC105
05-06-2010, 05:21 PM
dont want to post in that thread thats going crazy....and wanted to hear from my boys in this thread..... what about this LT ****....... Im shocked....Im not shocked.....Im appalled ....Im sad.....Im angry......Im hopeful that its not true.....Im disappointed if it is.... talk to me boys</P>

Still too early to make any firm judgements on his situation. Just listened to the police news conference. Sounds like he did not hither [the pimp did]but thats about the onlything that did not sound bad. I think Francessa said LTs wife is claiming it was a setup.................won't help if the girl is 15</P>

Jeeeezzzz.......just pissed off and very disappointed he'd let himself getinto this mess</P>

I'll wait till all the facts are in before deciding on how I'm going to look at him from this moment on</P>

Being an old school guy , I just don't get this on how one can solicit prostitutes</P>

jints10
05-06-2010, 05:46 PM

talk to me boys
completely saddened

zimonami
05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm all the things you said, YA. And the others guys, too.</P>

But, we are all old enough to know that people do not change. They have their good periods, but if they are prone to detours at times... then, it will happen again. Like me mom said, "Hope for the best, but expect the worst. So, I can't say I'm surprised. Incredibly sad if it's true, but sad nonetheless, even if he's innocent. You have to change the people you associate with in order to stear a straighter course. He still keeps bad company, and still makes bad decisions, especially after alcohol has been consumed. </P>

And, if he proves to be innocent I will keep my fingers crossedthat he makes better decisions in the future... but, I won't be surprised if something happens to him again.</P>

He's like the prodigal son to us fans. Somewhere in our hearts we'll love him, in spite of what he does.</P>

Ha would be a heavy mental burden if he were my, son, spouse, or father. Yet, his family will still love him, just like most old Giant fans.</P>

ny06
05-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Well said Zim & SEC

zimonami
05-06-2010, 10:44 PM
dont want to post in that thread thats going crazy....and wanted to hear from my boys in this thread..... what about this LT ****....... Im shocked....Im not shocked.....Im appalled ....Im sad.....Im angry......Im hopeful that its not true.....Im disappointed if it is.... talk to me boys</P>

Still too early to make any firm judgements on his situation. Just listened to the police news conference. Sounds like he did not hither [the pimp did]but thats about the onlything that did not sound bad. I think Francessa said LTs wife is claiming it was a setup.................won't help if the girl is 15</P>

Jeeeezzzz.......just pissed off and very disappointed he'd let himself getinto this mess</P>

I'll wait till all the facts are in before deciding on how I'm going to look at him from this moment on</P>

Being an old school guy , I just don't get this on how one can solicit prostitutes</P>

</P>

Prostitution is one of the earliest occupations, SEC. Old school values were to play, "See no evil, etc." ... but, it goes on all the time. In yesterday's world the news travelled slower. In 1950 or 1960 it would take a while to reach us, and the evening news might play the story the next day. In today's world it's all over the news and internet within hours... and then it is played for all the sensationalism it can take. Like Tiger. In his day Arnie was quite the carouser, but you rarely heard about it.</P>

Iknow several guys that put themselves into bad and seedy situations because they can't stop going to them.</P>

What's crazy to me? The girl is beaten before she reaches LT. Then he is insensitive enough to use her, in her condition. He made a bad situation much worse. Does LT have any compassion? </P>

Crazy.</P>

ny06
05-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Letís talk about something positive lol

In 1990 the Giants played the Bears in the division round of the playoffs.

The Giants stopped the bears on goal line stand.

Who made the tackle to keep the bear player out of the end zone?

* Bonus who was the bear who got tackled?

zimonami
05-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Letís talk about something positive lol In 1990 the Giants played the Bears in the division round of the playoffs. The Giants stopped the bears on goal line stand. Who made the tackle to keep the bear player out of the end zone? * Bonus who was the bear who got tackled?</P>

great idea, and a good question.</P>

I can't remember totally, but will guess. One of the guys who watch these old games from time to time will remember.</P>

Lots ofgreat linemen and LB on this '90 Giant defense. I'll take a stab at Pepper.</P>

The runner could have been Neal Anderson or Brad Muster. I'll stab at Muster.</P>

ny06
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Letís talk about something positive lol In 1990 the Giants played the Bears in the division round of the playoffs. The Giants stopped the bears on goal line stand. Who made the tackle to keep the bear player out of the end zone? * Bonus who was the bear who got tackled?</P>

great idea, and a good question.</P>

I can't remember totally, but will guess. One of the guys who watch these old games from time to time will remember.</P>

Lots of*great linemen and LB on this '90 Giant defense. I'll take a stab at Pepper.</P>

The runner could have been Neal Anderson or Brad Muster. I'll stab at Muster.</P>

To the answer of Pepper he was the player who finished the play off, as the player was going down.

But there was a player who made the initial contact to slow the player down.

You are correct about Muster.

YATittle1962
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM

if I remember correctly it was pretty early on in the game....

dont remember who it was though

Ill say LT stopped Neil Anderson

ny06
05-07-2010, 10:26 AM

if I remember correctly it was pretty early on in the game....

dont remember who it was though

Ill say LT stopped Neil Anderson

Zim got it correct on Brad Muster running the ball.

As the player who made the stop it was not LT, it was John Washington

YATittle1962
05-07-2010, 11:23 AM
ok guys here is one that will put you right back in junior high math class ;)

in a 1979 game against Kansas City ....in the 3rd quarter after the first Giants score Danelo would attempt the kick off multiple times before kicking a ball into play ......

on the try that put the ball into play Danelo was kicking from the 20 yd line.....

how many times did he attempt the kick and why was he kicking off from the 20?

zimonami
05-07-2010, 01:09 PM
ok guys here is one that will put you right back in junior high math class ;) in a 1979 game against Kansas City ....in the 3rd quarter after the first Giants score Danelo would attempt the kick off multiple times before kicking a ball into play ...... on the try that put the ball into play Danelo was kicking from the 20 yd line..... how many times did he attempt the kick and why was he kicking off from the 20?</P>

I vaguely remember this. There was some stupid reason we got, I think, 4 - 5 yard penalties (kickoffs were from the 40 back then) on the kickoffs. The only one you can imagine is offsides, but I don't remember it being that. Was there wind, and the ball had to be held? And, the holder was offsides? You'd think that the Gmen would correct the problem after 1 or 2 penalties, so maybe there was something else weird that was happening. I'm dying to know.</P>

Oh, I think we won a close game.</P>

YATittle1962
05-07-2010, 09:52 PM
ok guys here is one that will put you right back in junior high math class ;) in a 1979 game against Kansas City ....in the 3rd quarter after the first Giants score Danelo would attempt the kick off multiple times before kicking a ball into play ...... on the try that put the ball into play Danelo was kicking from the 20 yd line..... how many times did he attempt the kick and why was he kicking off from the 20?</P>

I vaguely remember this. There was some stupid reason we got, I think, 4 - 5 yard penalties (kickoffs were from the 40 back then) on the kickoffs.* The only one you can imagine is offsides, but I don't remember it being that.* Was there wind, and the ball had to be held? And, the holder was offsides?* You'd think that the Gmen would correct the problem after 1 or 2 penalties, so maybe there was something else weird that was happening.* I'm dying to know.*</P>

it was indeed a bit strange Zimmy

it involves a rule that has since been changed.

any takers?

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-08-2010, 11:48 AM

I vaguely remember this. There was some stupid reason we got, I think, 4 - 5 yard penalties (kickoffs were from the 40 back then) on the kickoffs. The only one you can imagine is offsides, but I don't remember it being that. Was there wind, and the ball had to be held? And, the holder was offsides? You'd think that the Gmen would correct the problem after 1 or 2 penalties, so maybe there was something else weird that was happening. I'm dying to know.</P>

it was indeed a bit strange Zimmy it involves a rule that has since been changed. any takers?</P>

</P>

I remember it but I'm stumped on the rule. Maybe she knows.</P>

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/jpalumbo77/JANESEYMOUR.jpg</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-08-2010, 11:53 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff>In 1981 We made the playoffs.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who did we beat in the regular season finale in a 13-10 OT game?</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who did we beat 27-21 in the first round of the playoffs?</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who beat us 38-34 in the next round?</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who was our QB?</FONT></P>

rbcarpenter
05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
<font color="#0000ff">In 1981 We made the playoffs.</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who did we beat in the regular season finale in a 13-10 OT game?</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who did we beat 27-21 in the first round of the playoffs?</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who beat us 38-34 in the next round?</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who was our QB?</font></p>1-dallas
2-eagles
3-49ers
4-scott brunner

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-08-2010, 12:28 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff>In 1981 We made the playoffs.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who did we beat in the regular season finale in a 13-10 OT game?</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who did we beat 27-21 in the first round of the playoffs?</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who beat us 38-34 in the next round?</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who was our QB?</FONT></P>

1-dallas
2-eagles
3-49ers
4-scott brunner

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>U DA MAN !!~!!!!!!</FONT></P>

rbcarpenter
05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
<font color="#0000ff">In 1981 We made the playoffs.</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who did we beat in the regular season finale in a 13-10 OT game?</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who did we beat 27-21 in the first round of the playoffs?</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who beat us 38-34 in the next round?</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Who was our QB?</font></p>

1-dallas
2-eagles
3-49ers
4-scott brunner

thank you,thank you,and thank YOU![&lt;:o)]
</p>

</p>

<font color="#0000ff">U DA MAN !!~!!!!!!</font></p>

keyofgmen
05-08-2010, 04:52 PM

I vaguely remember this. There was some stupid reason we got, I think, 4 - 5 yard penalties (kickoffs were from the 40 back then) on the kickoffs.* The only one you can imagine is offsides, but I don't remember it being that.* Was there wind, and the ball had to be held? And, the holder was offsides?* You'd think that the Gmen would correct the problem after 1 or 2 penalties, so maybe there was something else weird that was happening.* I'm dying to know.*</P>

it was indeed a bit strange Zimmy

it involves a rule that has since been changed.

any takers?

They kicked off from the 35 then Zim (went to 35 from 40 in 1974 and then to 30 in 1994). I wonder if it was a personal foul 15 yarder, or could it be the height of the tee? (that got changed from 3 to 1 inch in 1994). Maybe THAT was a personal foul 15 yard penalty?

So...my guess is...they used an illegal tee and got a 15 yard penalty. 2 Kicks only then. I don't recall the incident. Maybe I was studying in college that day...likely NOT!

YATittle1962
05-08-2010, 07:11 PM
ok here goes

they kicked from the 35 back then and rule for kicking out of bounds then was 5 yards

Danelo kicked the ball out of bounds 3 times resulting in 15 yards in penalties.....the 4th kick finally stayed in play....

4 kicks 3 out of bounds

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-08-2010, 07:41 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff>In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmenand who is he?</FONT>

Roswell777
05-08-2010, 08:22 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff>In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmen*and who is he?</FONT>

That must be Hershel Walker.

I'm not sure if anyone answered my question from before. In a Giant game in 1986, Rutledge was supposed to hold for a FG but got up and went under center, Allegre split wide and Rutledge took the snap and threw to who? And the receiver was tackled by who? Name the team and the game as well.

rbcarpenter
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
<font color="#0000ff">In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmenand who is he?</font>i know it was herschel walker,i'll guess 140 yards.

Roswell777
05-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey guys check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcpwjk5-Y0

zimonami
05-08-2010, 09:21 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff>In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmenand who is he?</FONT>i know it was herschel walker,i'll guess 140 yards.
</P>

I'll guess 156 yards.</P>

Hershel was partiallyresponsible for providing the Cowboys with years of great players. To me, that Viking heist was one of the top 3 worst trades in NFL history. </P>

</P>

YATittle1962
05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff>In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmen*and who is he?</FONT>

was obviously Walker

and Ill guess ........hmmmmm 31 rushes......124yds

Im basing that on a 4 yds per carry guess which is probably around what he averaged in his career.....

all just guesses though.....dont laugh at me ... ;)

zimonami
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff>In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmenand who is he?</FONT> was obviously Walker and Ill guess ........hmmmmm 31 rushes......124yds Im basing that on a 4 yds per carry guess which is probably around what he averaged in his career..... all just guesses though.....dont laugh at me ... ;)</P>

We need BB62 here to settle this danged thing. Until then, you could just as easily laugh at my guess. RBC is the tweener.</P>

rbcarpenter
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
<font color="#0000ff">In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmenand who is he?</font> was obviously Walker and Ill guess ........hmmmmm 31 rushes......124yds Im basing that on a 4 yds per carry guess which is probably around what he averaged in his career..... all just guesses though.....dont laugh at me ... ;)</p>

We need BB62 here to settle this danged thing. Until then, you could just as easily laugh at my guess. RBC is the tweener.</p>i couldn't wait,i looked it up-ya is the winner-he ran for 126 yards that season.

SEC105
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/John_Taylor_20070913125801_gallery_600.jpg</P>

John Taylor was the punt returner who was the only one between Gary Reasons and the goalline on that fake punt in 90 NFC Championship game. He was the first to stop him Reasons. Not sure if that was answered</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/969595_f260.jpg</P>

</P>

Shout out to the great Gale Sayers. I believe this is @Yankee Stadium around 69 or 70. Who's the Giant? Extra Credit: Who's the Bear QB?</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Methinks that is Matt Hazeltine. The Bear QB is a guess...Bobby Douglass?

SEC105
05-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Methinks that is Matt Hazeltine. The Bear QB is a guess...Bobby Douglass?

</P>

Thats Matt Hazeltine alright , nice job. The Bear QB is not Bobby Douglas. </P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-10-2010, 10:25 PM
can you name these guys?

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8945/well.jpg

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
the answer is herschel walker and i beliEve it was 136 yards so a couple of you are close enough.

we have winners!!!!!!!!!!!

jints10
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
can you name these guys?

Wellington Mara, Tucker Fredrickson, Jim Katcavage
Willie Williams and Joe Morrison

YATittle1962
05-11-2010, 10:43 PM
can you name these guys?

Well Mara is the only correct answer....

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

jints10
05-11-2010, 10:51 PM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?
Damn How bout Fran Tarkinton, Ron Jonson

YATittle1962
05-11-2010, 10:56 PM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

Ron Johnson yes

jints10
05-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I gave it a shot, just going from reading programs and such you didn't get to see these guys with their helmets off a lot back then.

YATittle1962
05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I gave it a shot, just going from reading programs and such you didn't get to see these guys with their helmets off a lot back then.

you got 2 of them.....only 3 to go.......3 tough ones.....

Zimmy!!!!!!!!!!

Roswell777
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

Ron Johnson yes

Doug Van Horn is one?

Roswell777
05-12-2010, 11:43 AM
The only other guy I can think of on the O line was Larson. My brother thinks that one of them is Ernie Koy.

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
<font color="#0000ff">In 1995 this Heisman Trophy winner rushed 31 times for how many yards for the Gmen*and who is he?</font> was obviously Walker and Ill guess ........hmmmmm 31 rushes......124yds Im basing that on a 4 yds per carry guess which is probably around what he averaged in his career..... all just guesses though.....dont laugh at me ... ;)</p>

We need BB62 here to settle this danged thing.* Until then, you could just as easily laugh at my guess.* RBC is the tweener.</p>i couldn't wait,i looked it up-ya is the winner-he ran for 126 yards that season.

NEVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN !!!!!! lol

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

Bob Lurtsema

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

Bob Lurtsema

Apparently an "a" following an "m" is now inappropriate language? Am I missing something?

rbcarpenter
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
this isn't a trivia question,but a..real question...if both micah and micheal jackson make the final 53 man roster,does this mean they will both have the two-tier nameplate on their jerseys,like jim and jack youngblood on the rams in the 70's?if that is the case,i am going to be sure to get one of those!!!

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
this isn't a trivia question,but a..real question...if both micah and micheal jackson make the final 53 man roster,does this mean they will both have the two-tier nameplate on their jerseys,like jim and jack youngblood on the rams in the 70's?if that is the case,i am going to be sure to get one of those!!!

Interesting! Yes if they go to the two-tier, kindly pick one up for me and I will furnish my shipping info. XL

I will gladly repay you on the first Tuesday of the following month.

YATittle1962
05-12-2010, 01:45 PM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

Bob Lurtsema

Apparently an "a" following an "m" is now inappropriate language? Am I missing something?

forgive me BBS but I have no idea what you mean

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

Bob Lurtsema

scroll up. the

very first time I typed Bob Lurtsema, they filter blocked the letter "a" in Lurtsema

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
can you name these guys?

this pic is circa 1970.

anyone?

Bob Lurtsema

scroll up. the

very first time I typed Bob Lurtsema, they filter blocked the letter "a" in Lurtsema

and now again!!! Lurtsema! Lurtsema!! Lurtsema!!! BAD FILTER ! BAD BAD BOY!

YATittle1962
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
oh ...gotcha......

and Lurtsema......is not one of them

YATittle1962
05-12-2010, 10:37 PM
ok here goes ....from left to right....

Jim Kanicki a D linemen we got from Cleveland
Ron Johnson
Jim Files
Jerry Shay

and of course Well Mara

rbcarpenter
05-12-2010, 10:39 PM

Ron Johnson
Jim Files
Jerry Shay

and of course Well Marawhy does the filter keep doing that?

YATittle1962
05-12-2010, 10:40 PM

Ron Johnson
Jim Files
Jerry Shay

and of course Well Marawhy does the filter keep doing that?

no idea

always has

zimonami
05-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Hello!</P>

I knew Ron Johnson, and I know the two on the right... but, I can't put a name to their faces... although I could have 10-15 yrs ago...lol</P>

Is the one on the far right Jim Files?</P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
well boys ....today we lost one of our very own to a cyber melt down......

please bow your heads.....

BBS62........while cyber suicide is not smiled upon ...... your antics will be missed.....your random contributions to this thread were always appreciated by us who hold this "Did You Know?" close to our hearts .......

somewhere out in cyber heaven you are posting a random picture of Sophia Loren and speaking to someone through it as if you were her......just as insane as ever....

and now I leave you with this ......

"See here how everything led up to this day,
And it's just like any other day that's ever been.
Sun going up and then the sun going down.
Shine through my window and my friends they come around,
Come around, come around."

Black Peter....lyrics by Robert Hunter

jints10
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM

BBS62........while cyber suicide is not smiled upon ...... your antics will be missed.....your random contributions to this thread were always appreciated by us who hold this "Did You Know?" close to our hearts .......

somewhere out in cyber heaven you are posting a random picture of Sophia Loren and speaking to someone through it as if you were her......just as insane as ever....

Being the big Dead Head that he was BBS62 would have liked that.

Nice eulogy YA

rbcarpenter
05-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Nice eulogy YA
you will be missed,bbs62-<font size="6">forever the captain of the boards!!!</font>

SEC105
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
well boys ....today we lost one of our very own to a cyber melt down...... please bow your heads..... BBS62........while cyber suicide is not smiled upon ...... your antics will be missed.....your random contributions to this thread were always appreciated by us who hold this "Did You Know?" close to our hearts ....... somewhere out in cyber heaven you are posting a random picture of Sophia Loren and speaking to someone through it as if you were her......just as insane as ever.... and now I leave you with this ...... "See here how everything led up to this day, And it's just like any other day that's ever been. Sun going up and then the sun going down. Shine through my window and my friends they come around, Come around, come around." Black Peter....lyrics by Robert Hunter

Nice eulogy YA
you will be missed,bbs62-<FONT size=6>forever the captain of the boards!!!</FONT>
</P>

What the heck is going on???....................Somebody wanna clue SEC105 on why the "zany" Mr. BB62 is gone?</P>

Z</P>

byron
05-13-2010, 05:07 PM
well boys ....today we lost one of our very own to a cyber melt down...... please bow your heads..... BBS62........while cyber suicide is not smiled upon ...... your antics will be missed.....your random contributions to this thread were always appreciated by us who hold this "Did You Know?" close to our hearts ....... somewhere out in cyber heaven you are posting a random picture of Sophia Loren and speaking to someone through it as if you were her......just as insane as ever.... and now I leave you with this ...... "See here how everything led up to this day, And it's just like any other day that's ever been. Sun going up and then the sun going down. Shine through my window and my friends they come around, Come around, come around." Black Peter....lyrics by Robert Hunter

Nice eulogy YA
you will be missed,bbs62-<FONT size=6>forever the captain of the boards!!!</FONT>
</P>

What the heck is going on???....................Somebody wanna clue SEC105 on why the "zany" Mr. BB62 is gone?</P>

Z</P> it all started with a ban he got month or so ago for threatening another poster.he quoted me in the jukebox thread...just beforehe went off on the mods last night.....I got from the post that this place wasn't for him anymore....I guess he left the way he came in with guns a blazing....he was a character

SEC105
05-13-2010, 05:26 PM

Nice eulogy YA
</P>

Z</P>

it all started with a ban he got month or so ago for threatening another poster.he quoted me in the jukebox thread...just beforehe went off on the mods last night.....I got from the post that this place wasn't for him anymore....I guess he left the way he came in with guns a blazing....he was a character</P>

http://www.blogcdn.com/digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/media/2006/08/guns_blazing.gif</P>

Thanks Byron...................................thats too bad. He certainly WAS a character. Any chance he will return?..............or was a final fitting end to him never coming back?</P>

Funny how I'd be scrolling through "Did You Know" and hit one his hot pics of women lol</P>

Z</P>

byron
05-13-2010, 05:42 PM

Nice eulogy YA
</P>

Z</P>

it all started with a ban he got month or so ago for threatening another poster.he quoted me in the jukebox thread...just beforehe went off on the mods last night.....I got from the post that this place wasn't for him anymore....I guess he left the way he came in with guns a blazing....he was a character</P>

http://www.blogcdn.com/digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/media/2006/08/guns_blazing.gif</P>

Thanks Byron...................................thats too bad. He certainly WAS a character. Any chance he will return?..............or was a final fitting end to him never coming back?</P>

Funny how I'd be scrolling through "Did You Know" and hit one his hot pics of women lol</P> they probably baned his IPfor good ..but one never knows

patsrule666
05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
This thread is full of talent and class. I peek in here quite often.....</P>

In my opinion, his contributions will be missed.</P>

Carry on and keep up the good work guys....</P>

SEC105
05-13-2010, 06:10 PM

</P>

Yeah , it's too bad about BB62.........sound like like he won't be back</P>

However the show must go on</P>

Who did the Pats play in their first ever game @ Schafer Stadium [including preseason] and who won?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-13-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/DF3EA459-10FE-4D81-ABE6-4C16E99B1DD7/DM3199.jpg</P>

Here's one more question...who's the Cleveland QB in this pic? Giants vs Browns @ Yankee Stadium He spent some time as a Giant</P>

Z</P>

patsrule666
05-13-2010, 06:30 PM

</P>

Who did the Pats play in their first ever game @ Schafer Stadium [including preseason] and who won?</P>

Z</P>

For some reason i dont remember much early on with Scheafer.</P>

I do however remember the first year i watched this new and exciting game called football..</P>

1970. Harvard Stadium.</P>

I think we only won two or three games that year, and we got a bit of a spanking from the G-Men early in the season if i remember correctly..</P>

A couple years earlier and i would have probably been a Giants fan because they showed much more Giants games versus Pats games during the 60s..At least where i grew up.</P>

patsrule666
05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
SEC105- I just looked it up..The team had just changed from Boston to NE Patriots just pryor to that game...</P>

I am actually pretty syced to go down to your new Stadium to play you guys this preseason. Kind of like a site seeing tour.</P>

When we return not too long after, it will be all business...</P>

I wish i could remember half the stuff you guys do...</P>

zimonami
05-13-2010, 08:21 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I was at theirvery first preseason game at Foxboro stadium... think it was 1971, and the Giants lost.</P>

What a debacle. There were so manypeople without tixwho drove over to see the stadium lit at night that the roads were a total gridlock. We had to park on residential streets nearly 2 miles away. By the time we got inside it was in the 2nd Qtr.After we walked the 2 miles we figured that we would probably have moved forward about 1/4 mi. in the car. The parking lots at the stadiumweren't even 1/2 full because the people with tix couldn't get close. There was no running water inside yet, so all the toilets, and bathrooms,were an ungodly mess </P>

</P>

BB62... you will be missed</P>

SEC105
05-13-2010, 09:08 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I was at theirvery first preseason game at Foxboro stadium... think it was 1971, and the Giants lost.</P>

What a debacle. There were so manypeople without tixwho drove over to see the stadium lit at night that the roads were a total gridlock. We had to park on residential streets nearly 2 miles away. By the time we got inside it was in the 2nd Qtr.After we walked the 2 miles we figured that we would probably have moved forward about 1/4 mi. in the car. The parking lots at the stadiumweren't even 1/2 full because the people with tix couldn't get close. There was no running water inside yet, so all the toilets, and bathrooms,were an ungodly mess </P>

</P>

</P>

Thats the game I was thinking of Z. Was it not called Schafer Stadium in 1971. I'm confused myself now. At any rate here's another one for Patsrule and the rest of the gang here. When is the first time we beat NE in the regular season?. Bear in mind we did not play each othermuch</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-13-2010, 09:48 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Thats the game I was thinking of Z. Was it not called Schafer Stadium in 1971. I'm confused myself now. At any rate here's another one for Patsrule and the rest of the gang here. When is the first time we beat NE in the regular season?. Bear in mind we did not play each othermuch</P>

Z</P>

</P>

You are absolutely right, SEC... it was Shaefer Stadium, in Foxborough, Ma. It didn't become known as Foxboro until the 80's.</P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2010, 10:20 PM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/DF3EA459-10FE-4D81-ABE6-4C16E99B1DD7/DM3199.jpg</P>

Here's one more question...who's the Cleveland QB in this pic? Giants vs Browns @ Yankee Stadium****** *He spent some time as a Giant</P>

Z</P>

is that Milt Plum SEC?

he was a Giant at a terrible time.....not even sure if he ever threw a pass for us

zimonami
05-13-2010, 11:39 PM

Here's one more question...who's the Cleveland QB in this pic? Giants vs Browns @ Yankee Stadium He spent some time as a Giant</P>

Z</P>

is that Milt Plum SEC? he was a Giant at a terrible time.....not even sure if he ever threw a pass for us</P>

What the heck are those white lines? Doeshe get bonus points if he completes a pass while in the box? It seems he's in the end-zone. So, what were the white lines? They don't appear to be a part of the word, 'Giants'</P>

YATittle1962
05-14-2010, 12:04 AM

Here's one more question...who's the Cleveland QB in this pic? Giants vs Browns @ Yankee Stadium****** *He spent some time as a Giant</P>

Z</P>

is that Milt Plum SEC? he was a Giant at a terrible time.....not even sure if he ever threw a pass for us</P>

What the heck are those white lines?* Does*he get bonus points if he completes a pass while in the box? It seems he's in the end-zone. So, what were the white lines? They don't appear to be a part of the word, 'Giants'</P>

good question Zim

gotta be baseball related

zimonami
05-14-2010, 02:00 AM

Z</P>

What the heck are those white lines? Doeshe get bonus points if he completes a pass while in the box? It seems he's in the end-zone. So, what were the white lines? They don't appear to be a part of the word, 'Giants'</P>

good question Zim gotta be baseball related</P>

Yeah... I was hoping you'd have the answer, YA. You went to Giant games at Yankee stadium. I never did. All my games with Aunt Jean were Yale Bowl and Shea Stadium. </P>

Those are no lines for baseball that I could imagine, either. I've been to dozens of baseball games at Yankee stadium, starting in '57, and I can't place those lines.</P>

They make sense for something, or they wouldn't be there. What did the Giants put in the Yankee Stadium end-zones?</P>

rbcarpenter
05-14-2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/DF3EA459-10FE-4D81-ABE6-4C16E99B1DD7/DM3199.jpg</p>

Here's one more question...who's the Cleveland QB in this pic? Giants vs Browns @ Yankee Stadium He spent some time as a Giant</p>

Z</p>

is that Milt Plum SEC? he was a Giant at a terrible time.....not even sure if he ever threw a pass for us</p>

What the heck are those white lines? Doeshe get bonus points if he completes a pass while in the box? It seems he's in the end-zone. So, what were the white lines? They don't appear to be a part of the word, 'Giants'</p>

good question Zim gotta be baseball related</p>

Yeah... I was hoping you'd have the answer, YA. You went to Giant games at Yankee stadium. I never did. All my games with Aunt Jean were Yale Bowl and Shea Stadium. </p>

Those are no lines for baseball that I could imagine, either. I've been to dozens of baseball games at Yankee stadium, starting in '57, and I can't place those lines.</p>

They make sense for something, or they wouldn't be there. What did the Giants put in the Yankee Stadium end-zones?</p>just a thought-could they have been the lines outlining the walkway from the on-deck circles to home plate?

YATittle1962
05-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Z</P>

What the heck are those white lines?* Does*he get bonus points if he completes a pass while in the box? It seems he's in the end-zone. So, what were the white lines? They don't appear to be a part of the word, 'Giants'</P>

good question Zim gotta be baseball related</P>

Yeah... I was hoping you'd have the answer, YA.* You went to Giant games at Yankee stadium.* I never did.* All my games with Aunt Jean were Yale Bowl and Shea Stadium.* </P>

Those are no lines for baseball that I could imagine, either.* I've been to dozens of baseball games at Yankee stadium, starting in* '57, and I can't place those lines.</P>

They make sense for something, or they wouldn't be there. What did the Giants put in the Yankee Stadium end-zones?</P>

I dont ever recall seeing lines like that...unless they are part of something I cant put together without seeing the whole picture...

in the endzones at Yankee Stadium sometimes was nothing.....sometimes were those slashes that you sometimes see.. (Pittsburgh still uses them)...sometimes it was checkered......sometimes an NY......and sometimes it said Giants....

nothing I can remember that would use any type of lines we see in this pic....

very strange

this may be the ultimate "Did You Know?" question

byron
05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
hey guys...maybe there is something in theses pics that explain the lines not sure myself</P>

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14850</P>

YATittle1962
05-14-2010, 03:34 PM
hey guys...maybe there is something in theses pics that explain the lines* not sure myself</P>

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14850</P>

looks like it could be part of the 3rd base coaches box.......dont think they would be back that far though ....

I feel like that was out of play

.......or wait......thats more like the first base line......

what the hell is that?

this is killing me

SEC105
05-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Z</P>

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/29293/yank08955.jpg</P>

Yes it is Milt Plum. I did'nt notice those lines when I first posted his picture. Now I'm trying to fiqure out what they are. Don't know if this helps. In the Milt Plum picture you can clearly see the baseball foul pole just left of center. I'll have to work with guys to answer the "lines" question</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Oh yeah, Byron......GREAT shots of the old Yankee Stadium</P>

Z</P>

byron
05-14-2010, 05:12 PM
hey guys...maybe there is something in theses pics that explain the lines not sure myself</P>

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14850</P> looks like it could be part of the 3rd base coaches box.......dont think they would be back that far though .... I feel like that was out of play .......or wait......thats more like the first base line...... what the hell is that? this is killing me I was thinking first base line and coaches box.. or on deck box...I don't know Ya

SEC105
05-14-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/download.php.jpg</P>

Looking for some pics to solve the mystery of the Milt Plum lines</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-14-2010, 06:16 PM

Z</P>

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/29293/yank08955.jpg</P>

Yes it is Milt Plum. I did'nt notice those lines when I first posted his picture. Now I'm trying to fiqure out what they are. Don't know if this helps. In the Milt Plum picture you can clearly see the baseball foul pole just left of center. I'll have to work with guys to answer the "lines" question</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I don't agree, SEC. That could be the Right Field Foul pole, and the end zone Milt is standing in is Left center field. If the sun was out we could tell by where their shadows were, and figure it out, assuming it was a mid-afternoon sun. The left field foul pole was north of Home, and the right field pole was East of home. If the shadow were on theright of the player, then they would be in the end zone near 1st base. If it were to the left, they'd be in the left center Field end zone. There's no sun, so we don't know. Someone else may be able to envision which area it has to be from the stadium parts shown, but I think it could be either. The left center end-zone also had dirt where the warning track was.</P>

It can't be the On-Deck circle, because that is a circle. It could be a coaches box... but, that is smaller than any coaches box I've ever seen. The lines could be a stupid lined section on the path from First Base (hidden, to the right) back to the dugout... in case any really dumb players couldn't find there way back after grounding out... nah!</P>

zimonami
05-14-2010, 06:27 PM
I think he's on sod, and that the ball was snapped from the left hash mark, and the goal posts are just out of the pic on his right. If he were near the first base line, he'd be on dirt. So, I think he's in left center and they're driving towards the first base line, and that's the right field foul pole. regardless, those lines don't figure for a football or a baseball field.</P>

</P>

BONUS question.</P>

Who won this game? I think I'd be able to figure it out, if I had time now. I don't.</P>

Looking at the numbers of the Cleveland players, and the lone Giant player, you could possibly determine if there was a certain year that it had to be with all those guys ... then, who won the game at Yankee Stadium that year. If those same guys were all on their teams for more than 1 year, then we probably can't tell.</P>

byron
05-14-2010, 06:31 PM
here is an overhead shot only one I could find</P>

http://www.horschgallery.com/viewimages.aspx?pdctid=423</P>

Roswell777
05-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't know if you guys remember the DT Norman Hand, I think he played one or two years for the Giants about 5 years ago. He passed away today at age 37.

YATittle1962
05-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't know if you guys remember the DT Norman Hand, I think he played one or two years for the Giants about 5 years ago.* He passed away today at age 37.

I remember big fella......he played for us the year Warner started...

rest easy 95

zimonami
05-14-2010, 10:31 PM
here is an overhead shot only one I could find</P>

http://www.horschgallery.com/viewimages.aspx?pdctid=423</P>

</P>

Perfect. Thank you, byron</P>

See that the facade only continues a short distant in both right and left field</P>

In the Milt Plum shot, the entire stadium to the right of the foul pole shows that it has to be along the first base line.</P>

So, using the pic of the footballfield on the baseball field, Cleveland is near the goal line in left cewnter, and the pic is from behind, near the outfield wall.</P>

What this further tells us is that there would be no white lines from baseball... so they have to be some words or a pic in the end zone.</P>

I guess we'll never know, and I guess we've analyzed it to death. But we got to see some nice old Stadium pics... thank you guys.</P>

Also... anyone want to figure out the year of the game and who won?</P>

zimonami
05-14-2010, 10:58 PM
OK, I've figured out as much as possible.</P>

The Milt Plum photo is from 1960 or 1961. Those were the only years that the visible numbers were together.</P>

#81 is Andy Robustelli</P>

# 16 - Milt Plum; #77 - **** Schafrath; #64 - Jim Ray Smith; #60 - John Wooten.</P>

There were only 2 offensive players on Cleveland with numbers in the 20's. If that's #22 it has to be Tom Watkins... which could only be 1961, and we lost 48-34. </P>

If the Blocking back is #26, it is Ray Renfro, then it can be 1960 or 1961. We tied, 7 - 7 , in '60</P>

TGIF</P>

Roswell777
05-15-2010, 11:35 AM
OK, I've figured out as much as possible.</p>

The Milt Plum photo is from 1960 or 1961. Those were the only years that the visible numbers were together.</p>

#81 is Andy Robustelli</p>

# 16 - Milt Plum; #77 - **** Schafrath; #64 - Jim Ray Smith; #60 - John Wooten.</p>

There were only 2 offensive players on Cleveland with numbers in the 20's. If that's #22 it has to be Tom Watkins... which could only be 1961, and we lost 48-34. </p>

If the Blocking back is #26, it is Ray Renfro, then it can be 1960 or 1961. We tied, 7 - 7 , in '60</p>

TGIF</p>

Mannix, Columbo, Rockford and Zimonami. Nice job.

YATittle1962
05-15-2010, 02:54 PM
OK, I've figured out as much as possible.</P>

The Milt Plum photo is from 1960 or 1961.* Those were the only years that the visible numbers were together.</P>

#81 is Andy Robustelli</P>

# 16 - Milt Plum;* #77 - **** Schafrath; #64 - Jim Ray Smith; #60 - John Wooten.</P>

There were only 2 offensive players on Cleveland with numbers in the 20's.* If that's #22 it has to be Tom Watkins... which could only be 1961, and we lost 48-34.* </P>

If the Blocking back is #26, it is Ray Renfro,* then it can be 1960 or 1961.* We tied, 7 - 7 , in '60</P>

TGIF</P>

I stand and applaud my man Zimmy

SEC105
05-15-2010, 05:47 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/2464382477_19da92018f_o.jpg</P>

Maybe this one will help gang........don't have much time to analyze it. Busy Saturday</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-16-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't know if you guys remember the DT Norman Hand, I think he played one or two years for the Giants about 5 years ago.* He passed away today at age 37.

WOW, that is sad

He was a good run stopper.

We got him at the end of his career.

Best of wishes to his family.

YATittle1962
05-16-2010, 05:54 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/2464382477_19da92018f_o.jpg</P>

Maybe this one will help gang........don't have much time to analyze it. Busy Saturday</P>

Z</P>

wow

thats an endzone Ive never seen

Ive seen the checkers and Ive seen the NY..

but never both together

great pic

ny06
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
In the 1958 Division game against the Browns. The game before the famous Giants vs Colts game

Who scored the only TD in that game?

YATittle1962
05-16-2010, 09:31 PM
In the 1958 Division game against the Browns. The game before the famous Giants vs Colts game

wild guess.....Phil King

rbcarpenter
05-16-2010, 09:53 PM
the marlboro man on a scramble.

YATittle1962
05-16-2010, 11:29 PM
the marlboro man on a scramble.

was it really Charlie?

rbcarpenter
05-17-2010, 12:03 AM
i am about 98% on that,but it has been a while since i read my giants history book.[A]

ny06
05-17-2010, 10:27 AM

wild guess.....Phil King

good guess, but rbcarpenter has it right. It was Charlie Conerly

rbcarpenter
05-17-2010, 10:31 AM

wild guess.....Phil King

good guess, but rbcarpenter has it right. It was Charlie Conerly(big howard stern voice::::YEAH,BABY![&lt;:o)]

ny06
05-17-2010, 10:34 AM

wild guess.....Phil King

good guess, but rbcarpenter has it right. It was Charlie Conerly(big howard stern voice::::YEAH,BABY![<:o)]

The Giants defense won that game.

Jim Brown was contained all game

YATittle1962
05-17-2010, 10:36 AM

wild guess.....Phil King

good guess, but rbcarpenter has it right. It was Charlie Conerly(big howard stern voice::::YEAH,BABY![<:o)]

The Giants defense won that game.

Jim Brown was contained all game

that was Tom Landrys mission in life at the time.....STOP 32

ny06
05-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Name these 3 players?

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mw9z75.jpg

YATittle1962
05-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Name these 3 players?

I recognize Rosey Brown and Don Chandler.....cant place the guy in the middle

ny06
05-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Name these 3 players?

I recognize Rosey Brown and Don Chandler.....cant place the guy in the middle

correct on the 2

zimonami
05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Name these 3 players? http://i40.tinypic.com/2mw9z75.jpg I recognize Rosey Brown and Don Chandler.....cant place the guy in the middle correct on the 2</P>

Is it Ray Wietecha, our center</P>

ny06
05-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Name these 3 players? http://i40.tinypic.com/2mw9z75.jpg I recognize Rosey Brown and Don Chandler.....cant place the guy in the middle correct on the 2</P>

good guess but sorry no.

zimonami
05-18-2010, 02:06 PM

good guess but sorry no.</P>

It's gotta be an O Lineman... how about Darrel Dess</P>

YATittle1962
05-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Zim....the facemask leads me to believe he is a halfback, back up QB or maybe a DB.....or a kicker

cant place that face though......Chandler and Brown jumped right out at me.....

drawing a blank on this cat.....

zimonami
05-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Zim....the facemask leads me to believe he is a halfback, back up QB or maybe a DB.....or a kicker cant place that face though......Chandler and Brown jumped right out at me..... drawing a blank on this cat.....</P>

You're right, YA.</P>

The only ones I think it could be, because I think I'd recognize other offensive players like Rote, Giff, Joe M. etc., would be Don Heinrich or Bob Schnelker</P>

YATittle1962
05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Zim....the facemask leads me to believe he is a halfback, back up QB or maybe a DB.....or a kicker cant place that face though......Chandler and Brown jumped right out at me..... drawing a blank on this cat.....</P>

You're right, YA.</P>

The only ones I think it could be, because I think I'd recognize other offensive players like Rote, Giff, Joe M. etc., would be Don Heinrich or Bob Schnelker</P>

gotta be pre 61 since the helmet is blank

after looking at some rosters I have narrowed it to

Don Heinrich
Gene Filipski
Herb Rich
Bobby Epps

ny06
05-18-2010, 03:48 PM

You're right, YA.</P>

Don Heinrich
Gene Filipski
Herb Rich
Bobby Epps

It is one of the 4

Gene Filipski

YATittle1962
05-18-2010, 04:01 PM

You're right, YA.</P>

Don Heinrich
Gene Filipski
Herb Rich
Bobby Epps

It is one of the 4

Gene Filipski

Nice!!!

zimonami
05-18-2010, 04:51 PM

You're right, YA.</P>

gotta be pre 61 since the helmet is blank after looking at some rosters I have narrowed it to Don Heinrich Gene Filipski Herb Rich Bobby Epps It is one of the 4 Gene Filipski Nice!!!</P>

lol... I went back to the '58 roster and looked for likely candidates. Filipski was only with us in '56 and '57.</P>

Way to go, YA. That was a good one.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
05-18-2010, 04:55 PM

You're right, YA.</P>

gotta be pre 61 since the helmet is blank after looking at some rosters I have narrowed it to Don Heinrich Gene Filipski Herb Rich Bobby Epps It is one of the 4 Gene Filipski Nice!!!</P>

lol... I went back to the '58 roster and looked for likely candidates.* Filipski was only with us in '56 and '57.</P>

*</P>

that was a good one....

I love being stumped...it always results in learning....

and there is nothing better to me than feeding the old noggin with useless NYG info........and Im not joking ;)

zimonami
05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I figured I'd ask a '56 question. I'll ask (2), since I think the first one will never be answered without looking it up... but, give it a stab.</P>

1) Besides Don Heinrich, who was the only other Giant who was credited with negative rushing yards... on 2 carries he got -1 yeards.</P>

</P>

2) Who led the Giants in receiving, catches and yardage?</P>

ny06
05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I figured I'd ask a '56 question.* I'll ask (2), since I think the first one will never be answered without looking it up... but, give it a stab.</P>

1) Besides Don Heinrich, who was the only other Giant who was credited with negative rushing yards... on 2 carries he got -1 yeards.</P>

*</P>

No idea on the first question, But the second one I will go with Frank Gifford?

YATittle1962
05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I figured I'd ask a '56 question.* I'll ask (2), since I think the first one will never be answered without looking it up... but, give it a stab.</P>

*</P>

the first one I have no idea...Ill guess Conerly

and on 2 Ill guess Giff

SEC105
05-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I figured I'd ask a '56 question. I'll ask (2), since I think the first one will never be answered without looking it up... but, give it a stab.</P>

</P>

the first one I have no idea...Ill guess Conerly and on 2 Ill guess Giff</P>

On 2 I'll guess Frank Gifford also. My second guess would be Alex Webster</P>

Wild guess on 1.........Don Chandler?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Who was the first player to return a kickoff for a TD on Monday Night Football? [don't think this one has been asked]</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-18-2010, 06:10 PM

</P>

the first one I have no idea...Ill guess Conerly and on 2 Ill guess Giff</P>

On 2 I'll guess Frank Gifford also. My second guess would be Alex Webster</P>

Wild guess on 1.........Don Chandler?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

You all got Giff right.</P>

No one (unless rbc might know) will get #1. It's Jimmy Patton.</P>

zimonami
05-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Who was the first player to return a kickoff for a TD on Monday Night Football? [don't think this one has been asked]</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I think we might have had this one, SEC, cuz Homer Jones immediately jumps into my head.</P>

SEC105
05-18-2010, 06:17 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I think we might have had this one, SEC, cuz Homer Jones immediately jumps into my head.</P>

</P>

Thought that might have been asked. Homer is correct . He was playing for the Browns vs the Jets.................1970?</P>

So I have a second question on Homer Jones. Why did he NOT wear the same number with Cleveland as he did with the Giants [45]</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-18-2010, 08:10 PM

You're right, YA.</P>

lol... I went back to the '58 roster and looked for likely candidates. Filipski was only with us in '56 and '57.</P>

</P>

that was a good one.... I love being stumped...it always results in learning.... and there is nothing better to me than feeding the old noggin with useless NYG info........and Im not joking ;)</P>

Geez, YA... I thought I was the only one. Kris used to r*** me about all the useless knowledge I had about sports, especially football, baseball and the Olympics. But, it wasn't useless to my mind. I think a lot of our regulars on here are just as guilty.</P>

zimonami
05-18-2010, 08:13 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Thought that might have been asked. Homer is correct . He was playing for the Browns vs the Jets.................1970?</P>

So I have a second question on Homer Jones. Why did he NOT wear the same number with Cleveland as he did with the Giants [45]</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Ernie Davis... #45... retired</P>

SEC105
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkTTaqYfjg</P>

Yup , good call Z. I saw "The Express" [Ernie Davis story] on cable. Good Movie with Dennis Quaid and Ron Brown [the kid from the movie "Finding Forrester" , Sean Connery]. You guys would enjoy it if you get a chance to catch it</P>

He was such great player.............died way to young</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Who led the Giants in Touchdowns in 1960?

zimonami
05-18-2010, 10:49 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkTTaqYfjg</P>

Yup , good call Z. I saw "The Express" [Ernie Davis story] on cable. Good Movie with Dennis Quaid and Ron Brown [the kid from the movie "Finding Forrester" , Sean Connery]. You guys would enjoy it if you get a chance to catch it</P>

He was such great player.............died way to young</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I saw the movie about 2 months ago... very good. Ernie was one of my early football heroes. I was fortunate to see him play several times on TV. Being from LI, Syracuse was the only big time NY college you could root for... still is.</P>

YATittle1962
05-18-2010, 11:02 PM

wild guess.....Rote?

why did Plaxico Burress choose #17?

YATittle1962
05-18-2010, 11:08 PM
was just looking through the Giants picture of the day thread and saw the pic from the 56 Championship game and I thought of this one.....

what was the name of the man who went to get the sneakers for that game?

and what was his job?

Z

rbcarpenter
05-18-2010, 11:18 PM
question #1-burriss took #17 because he was signed on the 17th of the month(either march or april if i recall)
question # 2-i know the person was either the equipment manager or assistant eq mgr,but his name eludes me right now.[:(]

ny06
05-19-2010, 11:54 AM

wild guess.....Rote?

why did Plaxico Burress choose #17?

correct

ny06
05-19-2010, 12:04 PM
was just looking through the Giants picture of the day thread and saw the pic from the 56 Championship game and I thought of this one.....

and what was his job?

Z

I know this one; I have the Giants history tape from years back. Was just watching it last week. And I remember them speaking of this game. I recall Steve Owen sent the equipment manager Abe Cohen to go purchase sneakers. But the stores were closed or something. So he had to borrow them from a basketball team.

I remember on the tape they had an interview with Bronko Nagurski years after his playing days. And he was saying that the Giants were running up and down the field after halftime, and the Bears players were having many problems with the ground.

That was the creation of the sneakers game.

YATittle1962
05-19-2010, 01:08 PM

and what was his job?

Z

I know this one; I have the Giants history tape from years back. Was just watching it last week. And I remember them speaking of this game. I recall Steve Owen sent the equipment manager Abe Cohen to go purchase sneakers. But the stores were closed or something. So he had to borrow them from a basketball team.

I remember on the tape they had an interview with Bronko Nagurski years after his playing days. And he was saying that the Giants were running up and down the field after halftime, and the Bears players were having many problems with the ground.

you are right ......it was Abe Cohen the equipment manager....

and I confused the games...that was the 34 game........the game that gave Wellington the idea for sneakers in the 56 game

good call my man

ny06
05-19-2010, 02:28 PM

and what was his job?

Z

you are right ......it was Abe Cohen the equipment manager....

and I confused the games...that was the 34 game........the game that gave Wellington the idea for sneakers in the 56 game

good call my man

Thanks

http://i46.tinypic.com/swadlk.jpg

YATittle1962
05-19-2010, 02:36 PM
ok....its widely known that Vince Lombardi came up with the idea of taking Polaroid pictures from above during every drive to see formations and players that were in or out of position.....

my question to you is....who was it that took those original pictures and sent them down in a sock tied to a rope weighted down by a cleat?

Z

zimonami
05-19-2010, 02:48 PM
ok....its widely known that Vince Lombardi came up with the idea of taking Polaroid pictures from above during every drive to see formations and players that were in or out of position..... my question to you is....who was it that took those original pictures and sent them down in a sock tied to a rope weighted down by a cleat? Z</P>

Wow, an old brain... I just read this a week ago, and can't remember. </P>

rbcarpenter
05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
allie sherman?(seems like that would have been all he was good for,lol!)

YATittle1962
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
allie sherman?(seems like that would have been all he was good for,lol!)

wasnt Allie

SEC105
05-19-2010, 04:21 PM
ok....its widely known that Vince Lombardi came up with the idea of taking Polaroid pictures from above during every drive to see formations and players that were in or out of position..... my question to you is....who was it that took those original pictures and sent them down in a sock tied to a rope weighted down by a cleat? Z</P>

Wellington?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/oct03/lambeau-icebowl-file.jpg</P>

What was the play called in the huddle before this famous pic [Only Bart Starr knew he was going to sneak it in] "Ice Bowl" 1967 Green Bay</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-19-2010, 05:03 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/oct03/lambeau-icebowl-file.jpg</P>

What was the play called in the huddle before this famous pic [Only Bart Starr knew he was going to sneak it in]** "Ice Bowl"* 1967 Green Bay</P>

Z</P>

was it the power sweep?

YATittle1962
05-19-2010, 05:06 PM

Wellington?</P>

Z</P>

the big man himself........Wellington Mara was the original photographer

SEC105
05-19-2010, 05:08 PM

What was the play called in the huddle before this famous pic [Only Bart Starr knew he was going to sneak it in] "Ice Bowl" 1967 Green Bay</P>

Z</P>

was it the power sweep?</P>

No ,not a power sweep NY06 [good thought , Lombardi trademark]........but it was supposed toinvolve a former Giant</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-19-2010, 10:49 PM

What was the play called in the huddle before this famous pic [Only Bart Starr knew he was going to sneak it in]** "Ice Bowl"* 1967 Green Bay</P>

Z</P>

No ,*not a power sweep NY06 [good thought , Lombardi trademark]........but it was supposed to*involve a former Giant</P>

Z</P>

65 toss power trap? a Lombardi staple.....with the Giants and Packers

thought it was just a QB sneak

ny06
05-19-2010, 11:00 PM

Z</P>

No ,*not a power sweep NY06 [good thought , Lombardi trademark]........but it was supposed to*involve a former Giant</P>

Z</P>

65 toss power trap? a Lombardi staple.....with the Giants and Packers

thought it was just a QB sneak

Imagine being a defensive player during the Lombardi years, the packers and that 65 toss power trap play was called. Forrest Greg & Jerry Kramer pulling out ready to hit someone.

WOW!!

lawl
05-20-2010, 03:11 PM
What Giant rookie had his car stolen outside a movie theater?

edit note- it wasnt this year

ny06
05-20-2010, 03:14 PM

Brandon Crawford?

edit, Ok I will have to think about this one

lawl
05-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Brandon Crawford?
sorry, edited the question.

rbcarpenter
05-20-2010, 03:16 PM

edit note- it wasnt this yearL T

ny06
05-20-2010, 03:17 PM

That was my second choice.

lawl
05-20-2010, 03:19 PM

That was my second choice.

LT wasnt the guy i was thinking of and since google is flooded with his current situation I couldnt check to see if you guys were right, I guess my question is a bit vague lol

rbcarpenter
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
i just figured since he had something like 11 cars stolen in the 13 years he was here,that one of them got swiped from a movie theatre......

lawl
05-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Let me narrow it down to it happening in the last 10 years

rbcarpenter
05-20-2010, 04:13 PM
steve smith?

ny06
05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
steve smith?

I don't think it was him; he got his money and jewelry stolen.

rbcarpenter
05-20-2010, 05:59 PM
steve smith?

I don't think it was him; he got his money and jewelry stolen.oh.

zimonami
05-20-2010, 06:57 PM
What Giant rookie had his car stolen outside a movie theater? edit note- it wasnt this year</P>

Hey, lawl... how you be? Good to see you back.</P>

I don't know the answer to the stolen car... but, it's a good question.</P>

lawl
05-20-2010, 07:32 PM
What Giant rookie had his car stolen outside a movie theater? edit note- it wasnt this year</P>

pretty good, yourself?

Seems like I may have thought of a good question will wait for YA to take a stab at it before giving the answer

YATittle1962
05-20-2010, 10:27 PM

pretty good, yourself?

Seems like I may have thought of a good question will wait for YA to take a stab at it before giving the answer

Ill throw out a random name.......Shaun Williams......

and thank you for waiting for me........very kind of you brother

lawl
05-20-2010, 10:37 PM

pretty good, yourself?

Ill throw out a random name.......Shaun Williams......

and thank you for waiting for me........very kind of you brother

No prob man.

Answer is Tim Carter.

also edit note, did they change the forums or something the button to create a link is gone?

ny06
05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
In 1985 I intercepted a pass and ran it into the end zone in OT against the Eagles, winning the game.

Who am I?

YATittle1962
05-20-2010, 10:47 PM
In 1985 I intercepted a pass and ran it into the end zone in OT against the Eagles, winning the game.

Who am I?

that was the one and only Toast

Ill never forget that

ny06
05-20-2010, 10:54 PM

Who am I?

Ill never forget that

Bingo

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hzto2v.jpg

YATittle1962
05-20-2010, 10:57 PM

Who am I?

Ill never forget that

Bingo

I remember Bavaro having a great TD catch in that game...

what future NFL coach picked off Simms in that game?

ny06
05-20-2010, 10:58 PM

Who am I?

Ill never forget that

Bingo

Herm Edwards

YATittle1962
05-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Who am I?

Ill never forget that

Bingo

Herm Edwards

boom

ny06
05-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Who am I?

Ill never forget that

Bingo

Herm Edwards

boom

He has hurt us a few times.

YATittle1962
05-20-2010, 11:07 PM

Who am I?

Ill never forget that

Bingo

Herm Edwards

boom

to say the least 06.....to say the least.....

he pretty much sent the organization into a tailspin......not that they werent already in a tailspin.....

what ritual did Herm Edwards have ...and may still have.....before every game he coached at Giants Stadium?

ny06
05-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Who am I?

Ill never forget that

Bingo

Herm Edwards

boom

to say the least 06.....to say the least.....

he pretty much sent the organization into a tailspin......not that they werent already in a tailspin.....

what ritual did Herm Edwards have ...and may still have.....before every game he coached at Giants Stadium?

Were you at that game with the Pisarcik fumble?

That is a good question; I am curious what the answer is.

YATittle1962
05-20-2010, 11:22 PM
I was at that game 06.......

and remember it all too well....

we kinda mopped the floor with them all day.......

I have told this story here before......

after that happened.....my dad and I sat silently at our seats while the stadium emptied out......after about 20 minutes a security guy came and told us we should leave......so we slowly and silently walked out to the car

ill never forget .....as we were about to get in the car my pop says........what we just saw will live in Giants lore for a long long time......those were the only words spoken between us until the next day.....

anyone know what Herms ritual at Giants Stadium was?

ny06
05-20-2010, 11:30 PM
I was at that game 06.......

and remember it all too well....

we kinda mopped the floor with them all day.......

I have told this story here before......

after that happened.....my dad and I sat silently at our seats while the stadium emptied out......after about 20 minutes a security guy came and told us we should leave......so we slowly and silently walked out to the car

ill never forget .....as we were about to get in the car my pop says........what we just saw will live in Giants lore for a long long time......those were the only words spoken between us until the next day.....

anyone know what Herms ritual at Giants Stadium was?

Your dad was correct

zimonami
05-21-2010, 12:52 AM
I was at that game 06....... and remember it all too well.... we kinda mopped the floor with them all day....... I have told this story here before...... after that happened.....my dad and I sat silently at our seats while the stadium emptied out......after about 20 minutes a security guy came and told us we should leave......so we slowly and silently walked out to the car ill never forget .....as we were about to get in the car my pop says........what we just saw will live in Giants lore for a long long time......those were the only words spoken between us until the next day..... anyone know what Herms ritual at Giants Stadium was? Your dad was correct</P>

My son and I left our seats to get an earlyjump on traffic. We're standing first level, directly behind the end zone, looking at the backs of our Giants, waiting for the end, and victory. Edwards scooped up the fumble and ran right towards us. We left the game and never said a word all the way home.</P>

I think that play was, more than anything, the nadir of many years of bad football, and the impetus for Rozelle to recommend to the feuding Mara's that we get a GM... Young. Hewas the first piece ro recovery. So, I always look atThe Fumbleas a positive.</P>

byron
05-21-2010, 01:02 AM
I was at that game 06....... and remember it all too well.... we kinda mopped the floor with them all day....... I have told this story here before...... after that happened.....my dad and I sat silently at our seats while the stadium emptied out......after about 20 minutes a security guy came and told us we should leave......so we slowly and silently walked out to the car ill never forget .....as we were about to get in the car my pop says........what we just saw will live in Giants lore for a long long time......those were the only words spoken between us until the next day..... anyone know what Herms ritual at Giants Stadium was? I got the worst memory.. but I can still remember sitting my chair thinking we got this one..oh my...

YATittle1962
05-21-2010, 01:52 AM
I was at that game 06....... and remember it all too well.... we kinda mopped the floor with them all day....... I have told this story here before...... after that happened.....my dad and I sat silently at our seats while the stadium emptied out......after about 20 minutes a security guy came and told us we should leave......so we slowly and silently walked out to the car ill never forget .....as we were about to get in the car my pop says........what we just saw will live in Giants lore for a long long time......those were the only words spoken between us until the next day..... anyone know what Herms ritual at Giants Stadium was? Your dad was correct</P>

My son and I left our seats to get an earlyjump on traffic.* We're standing first level, directly behind the end zone, looking at the backs of our Giants, waiting for the end, and victory. Edwards scooped up the fumble and ran right towards us. We left the game and never said a word all the way home.</P>

I think that play was, more than anything, the nadir of many years of bad football, and the impetus for Rozelle to recommend to the feuding Mara's that we get a GM... Young. He*was the first piece ro recovery. So, I always look at*The Fumble*as a positive.</P>

wow Zim for the first time in almost 32 years you made me think of the most dreadful football experience that I can remember in a positive light....

thank you for that

zimonami
05-21-2010, 12:04 PM

My son and I left our seats to get an earlyjump on traffic. We're standing first level, directly behind the end zone, looking at the backs of our Giants, waiting for the end, and victory. Edwards scooped up the fumble and ran right towards us. We left the game and never said a word all the way home.</P>

I think that play was, more than anything, the nadir of many years of bad football, and the impetus for Rozelle to recommend to the feuding Mara's that we get a GM... Young. Hewas the first piece ro recovery. So, I always look atThe Fumbleas a positive.</P>

wow Zim for the first time in almost 32 years you made me think of the most dreadful football experience that I can remember in a positive light.... thank you for that</P>

lol... that's my nature, YA. I hate when bad experiences don't have some upside. Like this BP oil tragedy. The only positive will be that existing rigs will be scrutinized and probably have to show contingency plans. You'd think future rigs would have the same. But, more damage will come out of this than any positive, by a long shot.</P>

YATittle1962
05-21-2010, 12:09 PM
I sometimes have a semi negative mind set due to the business I deal with on a daily basis.....you kinda always have to have your defenses ****ed and ready.....

you ZIm always help me see the bright side of things.....and it may sound strange but some of your posts have let me leave the house on the way to a business negotiation with a very lite positive mind set and helped me close deals........

mom always said...smiles are free.....sometimes I just need to be reminded....thanks for your positivity

any idea about Herms game day ritual?

zimonami
05-21-2010, 01:15 PM
I sometimes have a semi negative mind set due to the business I deal with on a daily basis.....you kinda always have to have your defenses ****ed and ready..... you ZIm always help me see the bright side of things.....and it may sound strange but some of your posts have let me leave the house on the way to a business negotiation with a very lite positive mind set and helped me close deals........ mom always said...smiles are free.....sometimes I just need to be reminded....thanks for your positivity any idea about Herms game day ritual?</P>

If I've ever helped you find a positive outlook... that's all good. It's the only way I know how to go thru life, and sharing that outlook is a plus. I guess you may have noticed... I never have posts that are demeaning, belittling, or angry... increase the peace.</P>

I don't know about Herm. I can only think that he revisitsour west end zone to recapture the happiness of his good fortune in '78. The creep! lol... I like Herm, so I'll give him some slack.</P>

YATittle1962
05-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I sometimes have a semi negative mind set due to the business I deal with on a daily basis.....you kinda always have to have your defenses ****ed and ready..... you ZIm always help me see the bright side of things.....and it may sound strange but some of your posts have let me leave the house on the way to a business negotiation with a very lite positive mind set and helped me close deals........ mom always said...smiles are free.....sometimes I just need to be reminded....thanks for your positivity any idea about Herms game day ritual?</P>

If I've ever helped you find a positive outlook... that's all good. It's the only way I know how to go thru life, and sharing that outlook is a plus.* I guess you may have noticed... I never have posts that are demeaning, belittling, or angry... increase the peace.</P>

I don't know about Herm.* I can only think that he revisits*our west end zone to recapture the happiness of his good fortune in '78.* The creep!* lol... I like Herm, so I'll give him some slack.</P>

thats the one Im talking about

he would walk to the spot on the field where he picked up the ball touch the ground , then walk from there to the west endzone........

VicTheGiant
05-21-2010, 01:42 PM

My son and I left our seats to get an earlyjump on traffic.* We're standing first level, directly behind the end zone, looking at the backs of our Giants, waiting for the end, and victory. Edwards scooped up the fumble and ran right towards us. We left the game and never said a word all the way home.</P>

I think that play was, more than anything, the nadir of many years of bad football, and the impetus for Rozelle to recommend to the feuding Mara's that we get a GM... Young. He*was the first piece ro recovery. So, I always look at*The Fumble*as a positive.</P>

wow Zim for the first time in almost 32 years you made me think of the most dreadful football experience that I can remember in a positive light.... thank you for that</P>

lol... that's my nature, YA. I hate when bad experiences don't have some upside.* Like this BP oil tragedy. The only positive will be that existing rigs will be scrutinized and probably have to show contingency plans.* You'd think future rigs would have the same.* But, more damage will come out of this than any positive, by a long shot.</P>

I was outside a half hour ago and I am 3 miles inland from the Gulf and you can smell the oil.

VicTheGiant
05-21-2010, 01:43 PM
What former NY Giant played college football at Yale?

What former Cowboy star RB played college ball at Yale?

What up here today with Yale?

whoaa!!!

YATittle1962
05-21-2010, 01:51 PM

whoaa!!!

I know Chuck Mercein was a Yale guy

as was Kenny Hill.

only Cowboy I can think of is Calvin Hill....never liked him ;)

nice question

VicTheGiant
05-21-2010, 01:53 PM

whoaa!!!

as was Kenny Hill.

nice question

Right on both.
Thanks sir. You know me already. I am VicTheGiant.

YATittle1962
05-21-2010, 01:56 PM

whoaa!!!

as was Kenny Hill.

nice question

Right on both.

Im pretty sure I know who you are........

VicTheGiant
05-21-2010, 02:00 PM

whoaa!!!

as was Kenny Hill.

nice question

Right on both.

Im pretty sure I know who you are........

Yea I know you got it bro. Let's keep it on the QT for a while.

zimonami
05-21-2010, 02:35 PM

lol... that's my nature, YA. I hate when bad experiences don't have some upside. Like this BP oil tragedy. The only positive will be that existing rigs will be scrutinized and probably have to show contingency plans. You'd think future rigs would have the same. But, more damage will come out of this than any positive, by a long shot.</P>

I was outside a half hour ago and I am 3 miles inland from the Gulf and you can smell the oil.</P>

Condolences aren't even enough for all the people around the Gulf. This will have en effect on ocean life and human life for a decade, or decades. There doesn't even seem to be appropriate urgency to stop it all.</P>

VicTheGiant
05-21-2010, 03:06 PM

lol... that's my nature, YA. I hate when bad experiences don't have some upside.* Like this BP oil tragedy. The only positive will be that existing rigs will be scrutinized and probably have to show contingency plans.* You'd think future rigs would have the same.* But, more damage will come out of this than any positive, by a long shot.</P>

I was outside a half hour ago and I am 3 miles inland from the Gulf and you can smell the oil.</P>

Condolences aren't even enough for all the people around the Gulf.* This will have en effect on ocean life and human life for a decade, or decades.* There doesn't even seem to be appropriate urgency to stop it all.*</P>

I may relocate.

SEC105
05-21-2010, 04:36 PM

Z</P>

No ,not a power sweep NY06 [good thought , Lombardi trademark]........but it was supposed toinvolve a former Giant</P>

Z</P>

65 toss power trap? a Lombardi staple.....with the Giants and Packers thought it was just a QB sneak</P>

http://images.packers.com/images/games/dallas_1967c.jpeg</P>

The call [in the huddle]was a running play to former Giant Chuck Mercein. Starr did not tell anyone and just kept the ball himself. The rest , as they say , is history</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-21-2010, 04:39 PM
In what year did the Giants become the first NFLteam to average less than one turnover per game [regular season]?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-21-2010, 04:41 PM
What former NY Giant played college football at Yale? What former Cowboy star RB played college ball at Yale? What up here today with Yale? whoaa!!! I know Chuck Mercein was a Yale guy as was Kenny Hill. only Cowboy I can think of is Calvin Hill....never liked him ;) nice question Right on both. Thanks sir. You know me already. I am VicTheGiant. Im pretty sure I know who you are........ Yea I know you got it bro. Let's keep it on the QT for a while.</P>

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/182/466066558_94dbff6f14.jpg?v=0</P>

Gotcha lol</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-21-2010, 04:43 PM
In what year did the Giants become the first NFL*team to average less than one turnover per game [regular season]?</P>

Z</P>

1990?

zimonami
05-21-2010, 04:49 PM
In what year did the Giants become the first NFLteam to average less than one turnover per game [regular season]?</P>

Z</P>

1990?</P>

OK, I'll come in second if your right, 06... '90 was my thought, too.</P>

SEC105
05-21-2010, 05:00 PM

Z</P>

1990?</P>

</P>

Wow......you guys blew meright out of the water on that one! 1990 is correct , nice job.</P>

Give me a few minutes , I'm multi tasking at the moment , will have another for ya</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-21-2010, 05:09 PM
In what year did the Giants become the first NFL*team to average less than one turnover per game [regular season]?</P>

Z</P>

1990?</P>

</P>

Wow......you guys blew me*right out of the water on that one!* 1990 is correct , nice job.</P>

Give me a few minutes , I'm multi tasking at the moment , will have another for ya</P>

Z</P>

That was my fav team the 90 Giants.

Solid defense, ball control offense.

And great special teams, with Bahr, Landeta, and Reyna Thompson.

And let us not forget the great coaching staff

SEC105
05-21-2010, 05:16 PM

Z</P>

1990?</P>

</P>

Wow......you guys blew meright out of the water on that one! 1990 is correct , nice job.</P>

Z</P>

That was my fav team the 90 Giants. Solid defense, ball control offense. And great special teams, with Bahr, Landeta, and Reyna Thompson. And let us not forget the great coaching staff</P>

Absolutely agree...what a team and coaching staff that was. I , till this day , still think the 89 team was also one of the best...........freaking "Flipper" running right into the tunnel. Gut Wrenching to say the least</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-21-2010, 05:45 PM

Z</P>

1990?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

That was my fav team the 90 Giants. Solid defense, ball control offense. And great special teams, with Bahr, Landeta, and Reyna Thompson. And let us not forget the great coaching staff</P>

Absolutely agree...what a team and coaching staff that was. I , till this day , still think the 89 team was also one of the best...........freaking "Flipper" running right into the tunnel. Gut Wrenching to say the least</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I agree, SEC. The Flipper catch was worse than The Fumble... by far. There were no expectations for the team to even reach the playoffsin '78. Those 2 games I was with my son, and we didn't talk all the way home.</P>

SEC105
05-21-2010, 06:07 PM

Z</P>

1990?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I agree, SEC. The Flipper catch was worse than The Fumble... by far. There were no expectations for the team to even reach the playoffsin '78. Those 2 games I was with my son, and we didn't talk all the way home.</P>

</P>

Well put Z................. when talking about "expectations". Some how back in the days of The Fumble" we were always waiting for the other shoe to drop if you will. The "Flipper" game we "expected" to win. Quite a reversal in the thought process of us Giant Fans. Really enjoyed your posts on looking on the bright side of things[Y]
</P>

Roswell777
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
In what year did the Giants become the first NFLteam to average less than one turnover per game [regular season]?</p>

Z</p>

1990?</p>

OK, I'll come in second if your right, 06... '90 was my thought, too.</p>

</p>

Wow......you guys blew meright out of the water on that one! 1990 is correct , nice job.</p>

Give me a few minutes , I'm multi tasking at the moment , will have another for ya</p>

Z</p>

That was my fav team the 90 Giants. Solid defense, ball control offense. And great special teams, with Bahr, Landeta, and Reyna Thompson. And let us not forget the great coaching staff</p>

Absolutely agree...what a team and coaching staff that was. I , till this day , still think the 89 team was also one of the best...........freaking "Flipper" running right into the tunnel. Gut Wrenching to say the least</p>

Z</p>

</p>

I agree, SEC. The Flipper catch was worse than The Fumble... by far. There were no expectations for the team to even reach the playoffsin '78. Those 2 games I was with my son, and we didn't talk all the way home.</p>

It shouldn't have come down to Flipper. Simms had an uncharacteristically bad game. As a question, who was the cornerback that gave up the catch?

zimonami
05-21-2010, 07:40 PM

Z</P>

1990?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

It shouldn't have come down to Flipper. Simms had an uncharacteristically bad game. As a question, who was the cornerback that gave up the catch?

</P>

That would have to be our RCB... Perry Williams. Terry Kinard was the FS. </P>

Neither was close.</P>

rbcarpenter
05-21-2010, 08:18 PM
In what year did the Giants become the first NFLteam to average less than one turnover per game [regular season]?</p>

Z</p>

1990?</p>

OK, I'll come in second if your right, 06... '90 was my thought, too.</p>

</p>

Wow......you guys blew meright out of the water on that one! 1990 is correct , nice job.</p>

Give me a few minutes , I'm multi tasking at the moment , will have another for ya</p>

Z</p>

That was my fav team the 90 Giants. Solid defense, ball control offense. And great special teams, with Bahr, Landeta, and Reyna Thompson. And let us not forget the great coaching staff</p>

Absolutely agree...what a team and coaching staff that was. I , till this day , still think the 89 team was also one of the best...........freaking "Flipper" running right into the tunnel. Gut Wrenching to say the least</p>

Z</p>

</p>

I agree, SEC. The Flipper catch was worse than The Fumble... by far. There were no expectations for the team to even reach the playoffsin '78. Those 2 games I was with my son, and we didn't talk all the way home.</p>

</p>

That would have to be our RCB... Perry Williams. Terry Kinard was the FS. </p>

Neither was close.</p>i thought it was mark collins on his busted ankle.

zimonami
05-21-2010, 08:37 PM

Z</P>

1990?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

That would have to be our RCB... Perry Williams. Terry Kinard was the FS. </P>

Neither was close.</P>

i thought it was mark collins on his busted ankle.
</P>

You could be right, rbc... Collins was the LCB. The play wasdown our right side... but, I don't really remember the coverage. it was Williams or Collins. </P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2010, 06:10 PM
when was the shortest punt return in NFL history?

name the punter.

name the returner.

zimonami
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
when was the shortest punt return in NFL history? name the punter. name the returner.</P>

Grumble, grumble... why did you force us to revisit this pain, YA?</P>

'85 playoffs... Landeta whiffed and Shaun Gayle picked it up and ran it in for the shortest punt return... something less than 10 yards.</P>

Grumble, grumble.</P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
when was the shortest punt return in NFL history? name the punter. name the returner.</P>

'85 playoffs... Landeta whiffed and Shaun Gayle picked it up and ran it in for the shortest punt return... something less than 10 yards.</P>

Grumble, grumble.</P>

hahahahaha

classic answer Zimmy

damn Landeta....if I didnt know any better I would swear that was on purpose......

zimonami
05-22-2010, 08:10 PM

Grumble, grumble.</P>

hahahahaha classic answer Zimmy damn Landeta....if I didnt know any better I would swear that was on purpose......</P>

I've looked at the play a dozen times and I'm still torn... did Landeta drop the ball crooked, or could the wind have possibly moved the ball? We'll never know. </P>

On purpose? Landeta would have been fit with cement shoes if anyone thought that.</P>

I'm still grumbling...lol.</P>

The other play that turned the tide was Carpenter's unforced fumble. He goes another 10-15 yards without that, and we have good field position.</P>

When that game ended my only thoughts were... We win it all next year. I only regret that Carpenter wasn't with us to help, and get his ring.</P>

Roswell777
05-22-2010, 08:23 PM
when was the shortest punt return in NFL history? name the punter. name the returner.</p>

Grumble, grumble... why did you force us to revisit this pain, YA?</p>

'85 playoffs... Landeta whiffed and Shaun Gayle picked it up and ran it in for the shortest punt return... something less than 10 yards.</p>

Grumble, grumble.</p>

hahahahaha classic answer Zimmy damn Landeta....if I didnt know any better I would swear that was on purpose......</p>

I've looked at the play a dozen times and I'm still torn... did Landeta drop the ball crooked, or could the wind have possibly moved the ball? We'll never know. </p>

On purpose? Landeta would have been fit with cement shoes if anyone thought that.</p>

I'm still grumbling...lol.</p>

The other play that turned the tide was Carpenter's unforced fumble. He goes another 10-15 yards without that, and we have good field position.</p>

When that game ended my only thoughts were... We win it all next year. I only regret that Carpenter wasn't with us to help, and get his ring.</p>

I agree. Carpenter was a great Giant who doesn't receive the accolades he deserves. He was a huge part of the Giant resurrection.

jints10
05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
I would have loved to see Carpenter get a ring with us too, I certainly give him a lot of credit for our turn around.

rbcarpenter
05-22-2010, 08:48 PM
you guys are my heroes!!!![:)][:'(]

rbcarpenter
05-22-2010, 08:49 PM
oh,and if we all do get together for a preseason game i'll be easy to spot-my custom made carpenter jersey should be here any day now!!!

zimonami
05-22-2010, 09:24 PM
</P>

lol... we almost induced a tear from rbc</P>

zimonami
05-22-2010, 09:33 PM
oh,and if we all do get together for a preseason game i'll be easy to spot-my custom made carpenter jersey should be here any day now!!!
</P>

Aug 21, against Pittsburgh... be there, if you can.</P>

This ranking has Rob as the 10th best all-time RB for the Giants</P>

http://hubpages.com/hub/Greatest_Giant_Running_Backs_of_All-Time</P>

</P>

jints10
05-22-2010, 09:35 PM
</p>

lol... we almost induced a tear from rbc</p>
Your a baseball fan right Zim? Which side of the fence you stand on Yanks or Mets? Are ya watching?

jints10
05-22-2010, 09:46 PM
</p>

Aug 21, against Pittsburgh... be there, if you can.</p>

This ranking has Rob as the 10th best all-time RB for the Giants</p>

http://hubpages.com/hub/Greatest_Giant_Running_Backs_of_All-Time</p>

</p>
Gotta agree with the list, but if Rodney didnt break his leg he would have been SB MVP.......I guess for ne you can flip flop the two.

zimonami
05-22-2010, 10:31 PM
</P>

lol... we almost induced a tear from rbc</P>

Your a baseball fan right Zim? Which side of the fence you stand on Yanks or Mets? Are ya watching?
</P>

Yup... watching as we speak... 4-1... Yeehah!</P>

Was born into a Brooklyn Dodger family. So, the Mets soothed the wounds of them leaving. </P>

I've been to more Yankee games than Met games, by far.... but, that was a matter of circumstances... the rest of my friends and family were Yankee fans and always had extra tix.</P>

Although I never liked the fat cat Yankees, I've always been a fan of certain Yankee players... Mick, Roger, Yogi, Phil, Elston, Sparky, Mattingly, Randolph, Jeter.</P>

</P>

ny06
05-23-2010, 12:42 PM
</P>

*</P>

Me personally I would of put Dave Meggett over Csonka.

Larry Csonka was a beast but when he came to us he was on the down part of his career. Meggett might have never had the most rushing yards. But he helped tremendously in the passing game and special teams. And when called upon to run the ball he did well.

YATittle1962
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
</P>

*</P>

Larry Csonka was a beast but when he came to us he was on the down part of his career. Meggett might have never had the most rushing yards. But he helped tremendously in the passing game and special teams. And when called upon to run the ball he did well.

gotta agree....Meggett was there for whatever you needed....

probably could have thrown him at safety and got some production... ;)

he was a hell of a football player

ny06
05-24-2010, 03:41 PM
</P>

*</P>

gotta agree....Meggett was there for whatever you needed....

probably could have thrown him at safety and got some production... ;)

he was a hell of a football player

Wasnít he also on the depth chart for QB if needed?