PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

SEC105
05-24-2010, 03:40 PM
oh,and if we all do get together for a preseason game i'll be easy to spot-my custom made carpenter jersey should be here any day now!!!
</P>

Aug 21, against Pittsburgh... be there, if you can.</P>

This ranking has Rob as the 10th best all-time RB for the Giants</P>

http://hubpages.com/hub/Greatest_Giant_Running_Backs_of_All-Time</P>

</P>

</P>

The Aug. 21 preseason game is the date for the "Did You Know" gang [and anybody else thats is interested]to meet up? Sounds good here. What should I bring? Do we have a rough roll call on who might be able ot make it?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Saw you guys were discussing Dave Meggett. What Giant holds the record for most fair catches in a game?. [not Dave Meggett]</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Saw you guys were discussing Dave Meggett. What Giant holds the record for most fair catches in a game?. [not Dave Meggett]*</P>

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Saw you guys were discussing Dave Meggett. What Giant holds the record for most fair catches in a game?. [not Dave Meggett]</P>

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Not Mitchell NY06..................it's a name we all know but kinda surprising , at least to me</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:07 PM
NY06.......do you live in the tristate area? [Aug. 21 preseasongame]</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Saw you guys were discussing Dave Meggett. What Giant holds the record for most fair catches in a game?. [not Dave Meggett]*</P>

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Not Mitchell NY06..................it's a name we all know but kinda surprising , at least to me</P>

Z</P>

Amani Toomer?

I moved to fl a few years ago from Long island NY.

So I am back and forth in NY and FL the past few years. Most likely moving back home (NY) soon

rbcarpenter
05-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Saw you guys were discussing Dave Meggett. What Giant holds the record for most fair catches in a game?. [not Dave Meggett]</p>

Z</p>

Brian Mitchell?</p>

Not Mitchell NY06..................it's a name we all know but kinda surprising , at least to me</p>

Z</p>i'll guess tiki

patsrule666
05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Any of you fine gentlemen going to the Pats preseason game?</P>

If so, i would respect anyopinion from you guys on what you think of our backup QB..Brian Hoyer.</P>

My guess is he will play a good portion of that game..</P>

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Z</P>

Amani Toomer? I moved to fl a few years ago from Long island NY. So I am back and forth in NY and FL the past few years. Most likely moving back home (NY) soon</P>

I'm a Long Island boy myself. Way out on the "Island" but not far enough to stop me from getting to Giants Stadium on Sundays[:D] Hope you can make it to the preseason game</P>

ny06
05-24-2010, 04:24 PM
NY06.......do you live in the tristate area? [Aug. 21 preseason*game]</P>

Z</P>

Isnít that the Steelers game?
Are you going to that game? I used to get my tickets from a friend of the family. But after 50 somewhat years he gave them up his season tickets, could not afford them. If I am in the area I will try and make the game.

GiantFanInSJ
05-24-2010, 04:25 PM
"DID YOU KNOW" I get sick to my stomach when I see this thread in the active threads.

SEC105
Not Tiki or Toomer on the fair catch question gang. Getting closer though</P>

Z</P>

ny06

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Z</P>

Amani Toomer? I moved to fl a few years ago from Long island NY. So I am back and forth in NY and FL the past few years. Most likely moving back home (NY) soon</P>

I'm a Long Island boy myself. Way out on the "Island" but not far enough to stop me from getting to Giants Stadium on Sundays[:D]** Hope you can* make it to the preseason game</P>

where in Long Island? I am from stonybrook (suffolk county)

ny06
05-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Not Tiki or Toomer on the fair catch question gang. Getting closer though</P>

Z</P>

I would say Tim Carter?

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Z</P>

I'm a Long Island boy myself. Way out on the "Island" but not far enough to stop me from getting to Giants Stadium on Sundays[:D] Hope you can make it to the preseason game</P>

where in Long Island? I am from stonybrook (suffolk county)</P>

Stony Brook?..................I'm right down at the otherend of Nichols Road..........Bayport</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:31 PM
NY06.......do you live in the tristate area? [Aug. 21 preseasongame]</P>

Z</P>

Isnít that the Steelers game? Are you going to that game? I used to get my tickets from a friend of the family. But after 50 somewhat years he gave them up his season tickets, could not afford them. If I am in the area I will try and make the game.</P>

I should be there and yes I believe it's the Steelers game......tickets may be somewhat easier to come by as it is a preseason game......but with the new Stadium , probably a bigger crowd than usual</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Not Tim Carter either on the fair catch question. This player was a hero in one of our playoff games during our Super Bowl 42run</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM

If so, i would respect anyopinion from you guys on what you think of our backup QB..Brian Hoyer.</P>

</P>

If I'm there [is that our first preseason game @ the new stadium] I'll keep my on eye him [Brian Hoyer]Pats. You think the kid a good future ahead of him?</P>

z</P>

rbcarpenter
05-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Not Tim Carter either on the fair catch question. This player was a hero in one of our playoff games during our Super Bowl 42run</p>

Z</p>david tyree?

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Not Tim Carter either on the fair catch question. This player was a hero in one of our playoff games during our Super Bowl 42run</P>

Z</P>

david tyree?
</P>

Not Tyree either Rob C. .......but he was a team mate of David</P>

Z</P>

patsrule666
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM

</P>

If I'm there [is that our first preseason game @ the new stadium] I'll keep my on eye him [Brian Hoyer]Pats. You think the kid a good future ahead of him?</P>

z</P>

I think it is either the 3rd or 4th preseason game. Which is what it always seems like when we play you guys.</P>

I think he has a good shot at running our offense in the future. At least i hope and wishas much.</P>

I would very much respect a objective outsiders input.</P>

Thanks in advance.</P>

</P>

SEC105
05-24-2010, 04:51 PM

</P>

z</P>

I think it is either the 3rd or 4th preseason game. Which is what it always seems like when we play you guys.</P>

I think he has a good shot at running our offense in the future. At least i hope and wishas much.</P>

I would very much respect a objective outsiders input.</P>

Thanks in advance.</P>

</P>

</P>

No problem. Yeah we do seem to play you guys every preseason. Not sure if it's @ NewGiants Stadium this year however</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Z</P>

Stony Brook?..................I'm right down at the otherend of Nichols Road..........Bayport</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Wasn't McQuarters our PR guy then?</P>

I'm a Nassau County guy. I loved everything about the Island... except traffic.</P>

yeah, it's Aug. 21, Steelers, and it's possibly going to be my last time going... gave my tix up to the family after 42 years. But, I want to see the new stadium, so my son is taking me.</P>

It's still 3 months away, so we have plenty of time to make plans and handle incidentals. In addition to some tailgating I want to spend time walking around the new stadium.</P>

</P>

</P>

rbcarpenter
05-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Not Tim Carter either on the fair catch question. This player was a hero in one of our playoff games during our Super Bowl 42run</p>

Z</p>

david tyree?
</p>

Not Tyree either Rob C. .......but he was a team mate of David</p>

Z</p>chad morton?

ny06
05-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Z</P>

I'm a Long Island boy myself. Way out on the "Island" but not far enough to stop me from getting to Giants Stadium on Sundays[:D]** Hope you can* make it to the preseason game</P>

Stony Brook?..................I'm right down at the other*end of Nichols Road..........Bayport</P>

Z</P>

Wow were like neighbors lol

ny06
05-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Z</P>

Stony Brook?..................I'm right down at the other*end of Nichols Road..........Bayport</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I'm a Nassau County guy. I loved everything about the Island... except traffic.</P>

yeah, it's Aug. 21, Steelers, and it's possibly going to be my last time going... gave my tix up to the family after 42 years. But, I want to see the new stadium, so my son is taking me.</P>

It's still 3 months away, so we have plenty of time to make plans and handle incidentals.* In addition to some tailgating I want to spend time walking around the new stadium.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

I think you are right about the question SEC posted.

He said that he was our hero in our super bowl run. And RW had the key interceptions against the cowboys and Bucs

ny06
05-24-2010, 09:50 PM
In 1981 Brad Van Pelt had only 1 interception all season.

Who was the QB?

zimonami
05-24-2010, 10:03 PM
In 1981 Brad Van Pelt had only 1 interception all season. Who was the QB?</P>

I'll guess Lomax.</P>

ny06
05-24-2010, 10:05 PM

I'll guess Lomax.</P>

Good answer but it was not him.

Hint

He was an NFL Head Coach

YATittle1962
05-24-2010, 10:11 PM

I'll guess Lomax.</P>

Hint

He was an NFL Head Coach

Jim Zorn?

ny06
05-24-2010, 10:16 PM

I'll guess Lomax.</P>

Hint

He was an NFL Head Coach

Jim Zorn?

you got it.

Van Pelt intercepted a pass from Jim Zorn when he played for the seahawks.

YATittle1962
05-24-2010, 10:21 PM

I'll guess Lomax.</P>

Hint

He was an NFL Head Coach

Jim Zorn?

you got it.

Zorn was an interesting player.....I actually liked him

he and Largent could be quite dangerous

ny06
05-24-2010, 10:25 PM

I'll guess Lomax.</P>

Hint

He was an NFL Head Coach

Jim Zorn?

you got it.

Zorn was an interesting player.....I actually liked him

he and Largent could be quite dangerous

Largent was a great player and fun to watch.

U really canít say anything bad about Zorn as a player; his stats did not jump off the page. But he was a decent QB. I agree too they were a dynamic tandom

Could you have pictured him back as a player to some day be a head coach?

YATittle1962
05-24-2010, 10:43 PM
never figured him to be a coach back then no......

in a game vs the Giants in '76 Zorn threw 3 picks.....

one of those picks was grabbed by a guy who was a long time Colt that we picked up late in his career....

this guy was a safety and has a ring from 1970

who is he?

rbcarpenter
05-25-2010, 09:12 AM
In 1981 Brad Van Pelt had only 1 interception all season. Who was the QB?</p>

I'll guess Lomax.</p>

Hint

He was an NFL Head Coach

Jim Zorn?steve spurrier?

ny06
05-25-2010, 09:58 AM
In 1981 Brad Van Pelt had only 1 interception all season. Who was the QB?</p>

I'll guess Lomax.</p>

Hint

He was an NFL Head Coach

Jim Zorn?steve spurrier?

YA got the answer correct it was Zorn.

ny06
05-25-2010, 10:47 AM

one of those picks was grabbed by a guy who was a long time Colt that we picked up late in his career....

who is he?

The only player I can think of from those great colt teams was Rick Volk?

He was a good player, If I recall did he get hurt in 76?

http://i50.tinypic.com/33lzgp1.jpg

YATittle1962
05-25-2010, 10:52 AM

who is he?

Volk is correct...nice job......

not sure about the 76 injury......he did have a history of injury though.....

solid player

ny06
05-25-2010, 10:53 AM

who is he?

Volk is correct...nice job......

not sure about the 76 injury......he did have a history of injury though.....

solid player

He was a solid player

SEC105
05-25-2010, 04:45 PM

Z</P>

Brian Mitchell?</P>

Z</P>

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/13/sports/14giants_slide1.jpg</P>

Yup it was RW he had 6 fair catches vs Atlanta in 2007</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

It's still 3 months away, so we have plenty of time to make plans and handle incidentals. In addition to some tailgating I want to spend time walking around the new stadium.</P>

</P>

</P>

I think you are right about the question SEC posted. He said that he was our hero in our super bowl run. And RW had the key interceptions against the cowboys and Bucs</P>

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/13/sports/14giants_slide1.jpg</P>

Yup it was RW He had 6 fair catches vs Atlanta in 2007</P>

SEC105
05-25-2010, 04:49 PM
So here's one How many Giant players can we name who played in Yankee Stadium , Yale Bowl , Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium? Not positive on every one of these myself</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
So here's one How many Giant players can we name who played in Yankee Stadium , Yale Bowl , Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium? Not positive on every one of these myself</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good question, SEC.</P>

This has to be the span of '72 (Yankee Stad), '73 and '74 (Yale), '75 (Shea), and '76 (Meadowlands).</P>

I can think of Jack Gregory, Bob Tucker, and Doug VanHorn</P>

SEC105
05-25-2010, 08:58 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good question, SEC.</P>

This has to be the span of '72 (Yankee Stad), '73 and '74 (Yale), '75 (Shea), and '76 (Meadowlands).</P>

</P>

I was thinking Brad Van Pelt , Tucker and Van Horn. Forgot about Jack Gregory but I'm sure he did play in all 4 stadiums Z now that you mention it. Also pretty sure JohnMendenhall played in all 4</P>

Any others gang?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-25-2010, 09:11 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good question, SEC.</P>

</P>

I was thinking Brad Van Pelt , Tucker and Van Horn. Forgot about Jack Gregory but I'm sure he did play in all 4 stadiums Z now that you mention it. Also pretty sure JohnMendenhall played in all 4</P>

Any others gang?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yup, you're right on Mendenhall, but Van Pelt started in '73... so, he missed Yankee Stadium.</P>

Anyone else? ,,, Anyone.</P>

SEC105
05-25-2010, 09:20 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good question, SEC.</P>

</P>

Any others gang?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yup, you're right on Mendenhall, but Van Pelt started in '73... so, he missed Yankee Stadium.</P>

</P>

I could have sworn Van Pelt played in all 4 stadiums..............guess I'm wrong on that</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-25-2010, 09:59 PM
So here's one***** How many Giant players can we name who played in Yankee Stadium , Yale Bowl , Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium? Not positive on every one of these myself</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good question, SEC.</P>

</P>

I was thinking Brad Van Pelt , Tucker and Van Horn. Forgot about Jack Gregory but I'm sure he did play in all 4 stadiums Z now that you mention it. Also pretty sure John*Mendenhall played in all 4</P>

Any others gang?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Ron Johnson? or did he miss Giants Stadium?

Bob Tucker?
Pat Hughes ?
did Pete Athas make Giants Stadium?...dont think so

Im tapped out

one of the best questions in recent memory

ny06
05-25-2010, 10:45 PM
So here's one***** How many Giant players can we name who played in Yankee Stadium , Yale Bowl , Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium? Not positive on every one of these myself</P>

Z</P>

How bout Spider?

SEC105
05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
<FONT color=#1a316b>? </FONT><FONT size=2>In 1973, the Giants announced plans to move to a new stadium in New Jersey for the 1976 season, and the city of New York announced that Yankee Stadium was planning a two-year renovation after the 1973 baseball season. The Giants were allowed to play their first two games of the 1973 season at Yankee Stadium before moving to a new location.
</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2></FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>This little tidbit opens the door for quite a few players who played from 73 on. We did play our first 2 games @Yankee Stadium in 73.............then the renovation of the old Yankee Stadium began</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>Z</P></FONT>

SEC105
05-26-2010, 03:45 PM

Z</P>

How bout Spider?</P>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/2795248312_c0c8dc8199_b.jpg</P>

I think "Spider" just missed the opening of Giants Stadium. Great Giant</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Z</P>

How bout Spider?</P>

I think "Spider" just missed the opening of Giants Stadium.*** Great Giant</P>

Z</P>

you are right, i think he retired the year before the stadium was up. He was a good player for us..

SEC105
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM

Z</P>

How bout Spider?</P>

I think "Spider" just missed the opening of Giants Stadium. Great Giant</P>

Z</P>

you are right, i think he retired the year before the stadium was up. He was a good player for us..</P>

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/bWY2wiqMHT-zI3XElwjL5w12049/GW150H152</P>

The patch we wore after "Spider" passed away Fan favorite and personal favorite of mine</P>

Great player on some bad teams</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good question, SEC.</P>

</P>

Any others gang?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Ron Johnson? or did he miss Giants Stadium? Bob Tucker? Pat Hughes ? did Pete Athas make Giants Stadium?...dont think so Im tapped out one of the best questions in recent memory</P>

Pat Hughes may have very wellplayed the gamut of 4 Stadiums. Pete Athas last played in the Yale Bowl I think Y.A.</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Z</P>

How bout Spider?</P>

I think "Spider" just missed the opening of Giants Stadium.*** Great Giant</P>

Z</P>

you are right, i think he retired the year before the stadium was up. He was a good player for us..</P>

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/bWY2wiqMHT-zI3XElwjL5w12049/GW150H152</P>

The patch we wore after "Spider" passed away***** Fan favorite and personal favorite of mine</P>

Great player on some bad teams</P>

Z</P>

I wear that patch on my game day hoodie.......every Sunday

ny06
05-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Not Giant related.

Who is the only player to be enshrined in both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame?

YATittle1962
05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Not Giant related.

Who is the only player to be enshrined in both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame?

Warren Moon?

ny06
05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Not Giant related.

Warren Moon?

that is correct.

Great player

rbcarpenter
05-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Not Giant related.

Warren Moon?

that is correct.

Great playeri just won an alternate black #1 vikings moon jersey-great player,even in the hof,he doesn't get the credit he deserves.(oh,the price of said jersey?.........1.74+499 s+h----gotta love ebay!!!)

YATittle1962
05-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Not Giant related.

Warren Moon?

that is correct.

Great player

always respected Moon

the definition of underrated player

ny06
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Not Giant related.

Warren Moon?

that is correct.

Great player

always respected Moon

the definition of underrated player

It's too bad he never won a super bowl, but that does not take away how great of a player he was.

ny06
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Not Giant related.

Warren Moon?

that is correct.

Great playeri just won an alternate black #1 vikings moon jersey-great player,even in the hof,he doesn't get the credit he deserves.(oh,the price of said jersey?.........1.74+499 s+h----gotta love ebay!!!)

now that is a deal

ny06
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Not Giant related.

Warren Moon?

that is correct.

now that is a deal

zimonami
05-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Not Giant related. Who is the only player to be enshrined in both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame? Warren Moon? that is correct. Great player always respected Moon the definition of underrated player</P>

I don't think he was under rated by his peers, or the media... but, face it, he played in Edmonton, Houston, and Minny... If you make the Hall, you aren't under rated by your peers and the media. If he played in NY he would have been big time. He also wasn't a big mouth, an egomaniac, or getting into trouble, etc. He was a soft spoken, quiet guy. So, he wasn't drawing attention to himself.</P>

rbcarpenter
05-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Not Giant related.

Warren Moon?

that is correct.

now that is a dealthank you,ny06......but it wasn't my first choice....was actually looking for a houston oilers moon jersey.[:$]

YATittle1962
05-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Not Giant related. Who is the only player to be enshrined in both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame? Warren Moon? that is correct. Great player always respected Moon the definition of underrated player</P>

I don't think he was under rated by his peers, or the media... but, face it, he played in Edmonton, Houston, and Minny...* If you make the Hall, you aren't under rated by your peers and the media.* If he played in NY he would have been big time.* He also wasn't a big mouth, an egomaniac, or getting into trouble, etc. He was a soft spoken, quiet guy. So, he wasn't drawing attention to himself.</P>

no yr right Zim......I was actually thinking of while he was playing.......I felt he never really got the respect he deserved .......

patsrule666
05-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Not Giant related. Who is the only player to be enshrined in both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame? Warren Moon? that is correct. Great player always respected Moon the definition of underrated player Combine his CFL and NFL numbers and they would be sick.....

Roswell777
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Was Gilbride ever the OC when Moon was QB?

zimonami
05-28-2010, 03:44 PM

</P>

Yeah... KG was his QB coach in 89, and the OC'90 to'94. Moon went to Minny in '94.</P>

YATittle1962
05-28-2010, 03:46 PM

yes...he was even his QB coach for a year I believe......he was Warrens OC for at keast 4 years

jints10
05-28-2010, 06:13 PM
What college did Scott Brunner go to and what offense did they run?

zimonami
05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
</P>

Delaware... not sure what offense they ran</P>

jints10
05-28-2010, 07:48 PM
</p>

Delaware... not sure what offense they ran</p>
Nice job Zim and I'm sorry I didnt get back to you on the Yanks Mets thing........I'm a Mets fan too and like the streak we got going against tough teams!

I only know the O that Delaware ran cuz my HS ran the same

zimonami
05-28-2010, 08:41 PM
</P>

Delaware... not sure what offense they ran</P>

Nice job Zim and I'm sorry I didnt get back to you on the Yanks Mets thing........I'm a Mets fan too and like the streak we got going against tough teams!

I only know the O that Delaware ran cuz my HS ran the same
</P>

The three blanks for Philly was sweet... but, I never get my hopes up with the Amazins.</P>

ny06
05-28-2010, 09:53 PM

Wing-T?

rbcarpenter
05-29-2010, 03:15 AM

Wing-T?university of delaware,single wing.

jints10
05-29-2010, 10:21 AM

Wing-T?
Thats right the Delaware wing T.....I played FB in the system and my fav play was 124 waggle FB in the flat.

Anybody else play as kids?

ny06
05-29-2010, 10:34 AM

Wing-T?
Thats right the Delaware wing T.....I played FB in the system and my fav play was 124 waggle FB in the flat.

I played in highschool in NY, and semi pro in Florida.

I played defensive end/linebacker.

YATittle1962
05-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Wing-T?

I played all through PAL...high school....and 2 years of college before my need crapped the bed......

tried my hand at coaching to...but with the business I was working in....and all its late nights.....made for a sluggish coach.....so I gracefully walked away....

by the last 2 years of HS I was full time DE and stayed that way through my college stint.....Hoo Rah!!!

blew out my knee on a bull rush against Holly Cross in Nov. of 1971......

speaking of......

how many Rutgers alumni can you name who played/play in the NFL?

ny06
05-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Wing-T?

I played all through PAL...high school....and 2 years of college before my need crapped the bed......

tried my hand at coaching to...but with the business I was working in....and all its late nights.....made for a sluggish coach.....so I gracefully walked away....

by the last 2 years of HS I was full time DE and stayed that way through my college stint.....Hoo Rah!!!

blew out my knee on a bull rush against Holly Cross in Nov. of 1971......

speaking of......

how many Rutgers alumni can you name who played/play in the NFL?

The only 2 I can think of is Ray Rice, Marco Battaglia

zimonami
05-29-2010, 10:59 AM
I was my HS QB and LLB until I dislocated my shoulder. That injury ruined me forfootball and my basketball prospects for a scholarship because every time I skied for a rebound it would slide out, so I had to stop playing. Made for a rotten senior year.Many people in the school were pissed at me because I couldn't play and our teams didn't do as well as expected. It usually took me 10-30 minutes to twist it back in. One Christmas morning it popped out in my sleep and took about 2 hours to get back. After about 40 dislocations I finally had it operated on.

ny06
05-29-2010, 11:02 AM
I was my HS QB and LLB until I dislocated my shoulder.* That injury ruined me for*football and my basketball prospects for a scholarship because every time I skied for a rebound it would slide out, so I had to stop playing.* Made for a rotten senior year.**Many people in the school were pissed at me because I couldn't play and our teams didn't do as well as expected. *It usually took me 10-30 minutes to twist it back in.* One Christmas morning it popped out in my sleep and took about 2 hours to get back.* After about 40 dislocations I finally had it operated on.

That sucks; I have a torn labrum ligament that prevented me from furthering in football and sports. I still to this day need to get surgery on it but have been pushing it back. It sucks when you have played sports majority of your life and one injury stops it.

YATittle1962
05-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I was my HS QB and LLB until I dislocated my shoulder.* That injury ruined me for*football and my basketball prospects for a scholarship because every time I skied for a rebound it would slide out, so I had to stop playing.* Made for a rotten senior year.**Many people in the school were pissed at me because I couldn't play and our teams didn't do as well as expected. *It usually took me 10-30 minutes to twist it back in.* One Christmas morning it popped out in my sleep and took about 2 hours to get back.* After about 40 dislocations I finally had it operated on.

does it still affect you Zimmy?

certain bad weather makes my knee ache.....and mornings arent alway pleasant.....

there have been more than a few instances at Giants Stadium where I had to stop on the stairs and let people go around me when I couldn't go as fast as I felt they wanted me to.....

zimonami
05-29-2010, 12:00 PM
I was my HS QB and LLB until I dislocated my shoulder. That injury ruined me forfootball and my basketball prospects for a scholarship because every time I skied for a rebound it would slide out, so I had to stop playing. Made for a rotten senior year.Many people in the school were pissed at me because I couldn't play and our teams didn't do as well as expected. It usually took me 10-30 minutes to twist it back in. One Christmas morning it popped out in my sleep and took about 2 hours to get back. After about 40 dislocations I finally had it operated on. does it still affect you Zimmy? certain bad weather makes my knee ache.....and mornings arent alway pleasant..... there have been more than a few instances at Giants Stadium where I had to stop on the stairs and let people go around me when I couldn't go as fast as I felt they wanted me to.....</P>

No... it's only just been weaker than my right arm.In 1.5 yearsit popped out over 40 times. Used to just slide out in my sleep, or just whenever I lifted the arm. Got a nice 6" scar. Today it would've been micro. But, it sucked, ruining my senior year of anticipated heroics...lol... yeah, even some of my friends and teachers came up to me and said, "We didn't win ourfootball andbasketball divisions because of you." I'll tell you, their genuine anger really surprised me... like, I did it on purpose.</P>

</P>

jints10
05-29-2010, 12:01 PM
From RU Ray Lucas, Kenny Britt, Mike Teal......I think Tyquan Underwood not sure though

The knees pretty much did me in too......all those times getting tackled on frozen fields....I never fumbled though!

zimonami
05-29-2010, 12:24 PM
From RU Ray Lucas, Kenny Britt, Mike Teal......I think Tyquan Underwood not sure though

The knees pretty much did me in too......all those times getting tackled on frozen fields....I never fumbled though!
</P>

Sounds like we gots the makings of our own team... the Over The Hill Gang.</P>

ny06
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Name these two individuals?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qiv2hs.jpg

YATittle1962
05-29-2010, 06:02 PM
From RU** Ray Lucas, Kenny Britt, Mike Teal......I think Tyquan Underwood not sure though

Shaun O'hara, LJ Smith, Gary Brackett, Ray Rice , Brian Leonard, Kenny Britt, and I remember Carl Howard who went to the Jets.....thats pretty much all I got.....

Im sure there are lots more

YATittle1962
05-30-2010, 10:02 AM
who kicked the winning field goal in the 1962 championship?

....and what significant play did he make in the "Ice Bowl?"

Z

zimonami
05-30-2010, 10:42 AM
who kicked the winning field goal in the 1962 championship? ....and what significant play did he make in the "Ice Bowl?" Z</P>

That was Don Chandler</P>

I can't remember the last. He kicked 3 extra points and he missed a FG in the second half.When conditions were getting worse at the end Lombardi decided to go for the TD, rather than a tying FG. So, was his contribution missing a FG, making Lombardi worried about a miss to tie at the end? If that's not it, then I'm stumped.</P>

YATittle1962
05-30-2010, 10:53 AM
who kicked the winning field goal in the 1962 championship? ....and what significant play did he make in the "Ice Bowl?" Z</P>

I can't remember the last.* He kicked 3 extra points and he missed a FG in the second half.**When conditions were getting worse at the end Lombardi decided to go for the TD, rather than a tying FG.* So, was his contribution missing a FG, making Lombardi worried about a miss to tie at the end?* If that's not it, then I'm stumped.</P>

Zim Im talking about the winning FG in the 62 championship game.......wasnt a Giant unfortunately.....

zimonami
05-30-2010, 12:52 PM

I can't remember the last. He kicked 3 extra points and he missed a FG in the second half.When conditions were getting worse at the end Lombardi decided to go for the TD, rather than a tying FG. So, was his contribution missing a FG, making Lombardi worried about a miss to tie at the end? If that's not it, then I'm stumped.</P>

Zim Im talking about the winning FG in the 62 championship game.......wasnt a Giant unfortunately.....</P>

Ohhhh... my brain was on a different planet.</P>

That was Kramer who kicked that FG and the only thing I can think of in the ice bowl was Jerry throwing the block that Starr scored behind at the end. Don Chandler was their kicker in the Ice Bowl.</P>

YATittle1962
05-30-2010, 01:20 PM

I can't remember the last.* He kicked 3 extra points and he missed a FG in the second half.**When conditions were getting worse at the end Lombardi decided to go for the TD, rather than a tying FG.* So, was his contribution missing a FG, making Lombardi worried about a miss to tie at the end?* If that's not it, then I'm stumped.</P>

Zim Im talking about the winning FG in the 62 championship game.......wasnt a Giant unfortunately.....</P>

Ohhhh... my brain was on a different planet.</P>

That was Kramer who kicked that FG and the only thing I can think of in the ice bowl was Jerry throwing the block that Starr scored behind at the end.* Don Chandler was their kicker in the Ice Bowl.</P>

thats what I was looking for......the Block.....

jints10
05-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Who was the first QB in NFC East history to not lose a div. game all year? Bonus what year?

Gmen0575
05-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Sorry to interupt but Im looking for people to join my league on espn.com. Its a public league named Giants v. Jets to decide which fan base is more football knowledgable. Last year I ran one and was lots of fun. I had 7 giants fans and 5 jets. ( A giants fan won of course). Jets fans honestly know nothing and this league is made to prove. Anyone who is interested can join. 12 team snake draft on Sun. June 27 at 7:30. Thanks. Will be lots of fun. Good luck.

zimonami
05-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Who was the first QB in NFC East history to not lose a div. game all year? Bonus what year?
</P>

Hmmm... I don't know about the other East teams. The year we lost to Minny in the playoffs, '97, we didn't lose a game in our division, but we tied one with the Skins. Danny Kanell QB'd most of those games, although Dave Brown also QB'd some games that year... so, I guess this is close, but not the answer.</P>

jints10
05-30-2010, 05:14 PM
</p>

Hmmm... I don't know about the other East teams. The year we lost to Minny in the playoffs, '97, we didn't lose a game in our division, but we tied one with the Skins. Danny Kanell QB'd most of those games, although Dave Brown also QB'd some games that year... so, I guess this is close, but not the answer.</p>
That is what I was going for Kannel.....I forgot he didnt play the whole year though......Do you guys remember the song they played for Danny Boy? He gets knocked down he gets up again, he gets up he gets knocked down......Danny Boy

I thought Kannel would be special but I was hoodwinked again

zimonami
05-30-2010, 06:39 PM
</P>

Hmmm... I don't know about the other East teams. The year we lost to Minny in the playoffs, '97, we didn't lose a game in our division, but we tied one with the Skins. Danny Kanell QB'd most of those games, although Dave Brown also QB'd some games that year... so, I guess this is close, but not the answer.</P>

That is what I was going for Kannel.....I forgot he didnt play the whole year though......Do you guys remember the song they played for Danny Boy? He gets knocked down he gets up again, he gets up he gets knocked down......Danny Boy

</P>

I thought so too, jints. He was pretty athletic... but didn't quite have the goods.</P>

YATittle1962
05-31-2010, 09:43 AM
</P>

Hmmm... I don't know about the other East teams.* The year we lost to Minny in the playoffs, '97, we didn't lose a game in our division, but we tied one with the Skins.* Danny Kanell QB'd most of those games, although Dave Brown also QB'd some games that year... so, I guess this is close, but not the answer.</P>

</P>

I thought so too, jints.* He was pretty athletic... but didn't quite have the goods.</P>

I sort of felt that way about Brown as well.....like he showed flashes of really good stuff......but there was something that didnt seem quite right......he would get confused very easily......

speaking of getting confused.... ;) ......when Kerry stepped in , in 99 he started 7 games.......who started the other 9?

jints10
05-31-2010, 10:14 AM
</p>

Hmmm... I don't know about the other East teams. The year we lost to Minny in the playoffs, '97, we didn't lose a game in our division, but we tied one with the Skins. Danny Kanell QB'd most of those games, although Dave Brown also QB'd some games that year... so, I guess this is close, but not the answer.</p>

</p>

I thought so too, jints. He was pretty athletic... but didn't quite have the goods.</p>

I sort of felt that way about Brown as well.....like he showed flashes of really good stuff......but there was something that didnt seem quite right......he would get confused very easily......

speaking of getting confused.... ;) ......when Kerry stepped in , in 99 he started 7 games.......who started the other 9?
That would be Kent Grahm, loved that game vs Denver, the Toomer Td was in my end zone, sweet. Problem was that is all the good I can remember of Kent.

jints10
05-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Here's a trick question......What were Dave Brown's playoff stats with the Giants?

rbcarpenter
05-31-2010, 01:35 PM
um,i don't believe he ever qb'ed a playoff game for us,so....0-0?

YATittle1962
05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Here's a trick question......What were Dave Brown's playoff stats with the Giants?

sort of remember him throwing a pick in garbage time vs. the 49ers in............I guess 93..........not sure what his stats were though.....I know we got romped by like 40 pts though.....

who caught Danny Kannells only playoff TD?

jints10
05-31-2010, 03:10 PM

sort of remember him throwing a pick in garbage time vs. the 49ers in............I guess 93..........not sure what his stats were though.....I know we got romped by like 40 pts though.....

Thats right YA Brown went 6-10 with a pick in Phil Simms and LT's last game. Rickey Waters had 5 TD's against us ugh!

rbcarpenter
05-31-2010, 04:34 PM

who caught Danny Kannells only playoff TD?aaron pierce.

ny06
05-31-2010, 06:50 PM

Thats right YA Brown went 6-10 with a pick in Phil Simms and LT's last game. Rickey Waters had 5 TD's against us ugh!

I remember LT saying after his football days that in his last game (49er playoff game), he asked the ref for the flag. Because he has been flagged many times during his career lol

ny06
05-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Name these two individuals?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qiv2hs.jpg

No guesses on who these two former Giants are? #32 should be easy; the other guy can be sort of difficult.

zimonami
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Name these two individuals? http://i50.tinypic.com/2qiv2hs.jpg No guesses on who these two former Giants are? #32 should be easy; the other guy can be sort of difficult.</P>

You're right, 06, I feel like I should know them both... but can't remember. I can only think that the player bears a resemblance to Fred Dryer, but obviously isn't. The pic looks like the Polo Grounsa in the 40'e or early 50's. The guy in the suit isn't a Mara, or Steve Owen, but also looks familiar. I can only think it's a NY Sports writer. </P>

zimonami
05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Name these two individuals? http://i50.tinypic.com/2qiv2hs.jpg No guesses on who these two former Giants are? #32 should be easy; the other guy can be sort of difficult.</P>

You're right, 06, I feel like I should know them both... but can't remember. I can only think that the player bears a resemblance to Fred Dryer, but obviously isn't. The pic looks like the Polo Grounsa in the 40'e or early 50's. The guy in the suit isn't a Mara, or Steve Owen, but also looks familiar. I can only think it's a NY Sports writer. </P>

</P>

My feeble brain keeps telling me that it is a writer, and it's Grantland Rice. That would probably put the pic in the early to mid 30's</P>

ny06
06-01-2010, 01:02 AM

You're right, 06, I feel like I should know them both... but can't remember.* I can only think that the player bears a resemblance to Fred Dryer, but obviously isn't.* The pic looks like the Polo Grounsa in the 40'e or early 50's. *The guy in the suit isn't a Mara, or Steve Owen, but also looks familiar. I can only think it's a NY Sports writer. </P>

</P>

My feeble brain keeps telling me that it is a writer, and it's Grantland Rice. That would probably put the pic in the early to mid 30's</P>

That was some good guess Zim, it is about 1941 #32 is Al Blozis played 3 seasons before dying in World War II.

The next guy is Jack Hagerty, he played for the Giants in 26-32.

YATittle1962
06-01-2010, 10:21 AM
wow ...that was a tough one....I had no clue....

nice one for Memorial Day though with Blozis losing his life in WWII

zimonami
06-01-2010, 01:24 PM
wow ...that was a tough one....I had no clue.... nice one for Memorial Day though with Blozis losing his life in WWII</P>

Yeah, 06... that was an excellent pic for Memorial Day. I thought they retired Blozis number in honor of his death in service., or some such thing. I guess not. But, it was still a goody. I never would have gotten Haggerty</P>

</P>

zimonami
06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Yup, I just looked... they did retire his number. Nice</P>

</P>

zimonami
06-01-2010, 01:30 PM
This brings me back to arguments I had years ago... Harry belonged in the HOF and deserved #53 to be retired. He finally got the HOF, but no Giant # retirement.

ny06
06-01-2010, 01:35 PM
This brings me back to arguments I had years ago... Harry belonged in the HOF and deserved #53 to be retired.* He finally got the HOF, but no Giant # retirement.

I have been talking about that for years now, but Jint fan 73 made a good point awhile back.

Since the rules of players at positions need certain numbers it would be hard for the Giants to retire #53

56 & 50 are retired. But I think Carson should have his number retired and who cares how many numbers are left to choose from.

YATittle1962
06-01-2010, 02:59 PM
This brings me back to arguments I had years ago... Harry belonged in the HOF and deserved #53 to be retired.* He finally got the HOF, but no Giant # retirement.

I have been talking about that for years now, but Jint fan 73 made a good point awhile back.

Since the rules of players at positions need certain numbers it would be hard for the Giants to retire #53

56 & 50 are retired. But I think Carson should have his number retired and who cares how many numbers are left to choose from.

not that they havent already....and I to believe Harrys 53 should have been long retired.....before Simms and LT as far as im concerned.....but since it wasnt ....it could open a whole can of worms....

cus you have George Martin,

guys like Darrell Dess, Van Pelt, Spider, Jim Patton, D. Lynch...the list goes on and on......and all their numbers are valuable to the roster......and all worthy of the honor in my eyes....

but you just cant do it......

before you know it they will be retiring Strahan and Toomer and Harrys 53 will still be active....

I think they should stop all together.......it gets way too hairy

you all know how much I love ole' YA.....but he was with us for 4 years.......4 great years.....but 4 none the less.....

it gets complicated

rbcarpenter
06-01-2010, 03:04 PM
here's a good one:who was the last linebacker to wear a # NOT in the 50's or 90's in a regular season or playoff game?(and no,it is not brad van pelt wearing # 10).

YATittle1962
06-01-2010, 03:08 PM
here's a good one:who was the last linebacker to wear a # NOT in the 50's or 90's in a regular season or playoff game?(and no,it is not brad van pelt wearing # 10).

was it Cliff Livingston?

didnt he wear a # in the 80s?

rbcarpenter
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
nope,not ole' cliff.

zimonami
06-01-2010, 04:03 PM
nope,not ole' cliff.
</P>

I couldn't think of one, and couldn't wait, so I looked it up... but, I don't know if this is the one you have in mind, rbc. He only played 1 year, 2006,and got in 3 games... 3 tackles and 1 assist. His number was 48 and his initials were TS. I'll see if someone elsecan get it from that info. For myself, I never remember him on the squad.</P>

Was it him, rbc... or another you had in mind?</P>

rbcarpenter
06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
nope,not ole' cliff.
</p>

I couldn't think of one, and couldn't wait, so I looked it up... but, I don't know if this is the one you have in mind, rbc. He only played 1 year, 2006,and got in 3 games... 3 tackles and 1 assist. His number was 48 and his initials were TS. I'll see if someone elsecan get it from that info. For myself, I never remember him on the squad.</p>

Was it him, rbc... or another you had in mind?</p>nope,sorry zim,someone else...ts was a safety.

SEC105
06-01-2010, 04:20 PM
nope,not ole' cliff.
</P>

I couldn't think of one, and couldn't wait, so I looked it up... but, I don't know if this is the one you have in mind, rbc. He only played 1 year, 2006,and got in 3 games... 3 tackles and 1 assist. His number was 48 and his initials were TS. I'll see if someone elsecan get it from that info. For myself, I never remember him on the squad.</P>

Was it him, rbc... or another you had in mind?</P>

nope,sorry zim,someone else...ts was a safety.
</P>

How about Matt Hazeltine , longtime 49er LBer who played one year for us I think? He wore no. 64 I believe</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
nope,not hazeltine,sec105.

jints10
06-01-2010, 08:20 PM

The only guy I could think of is Greg Cox. He was listed as a DB but played some LBer for us mainly nickel and dime situations. he wore 38

rbcarpenter
06-01-2010, 08:44 PM

The only guy I could think of is Greg Cox. He was listed as a DB but played some LBer for us mainly nickel and dime situations. he wore 38
nope,not cox.player was listed as and played only linebacker-all good guesses,though.

YATittle1962
06-02-2010, 09:20 AM

nope,not cox.player was listed as and played* only linebacker-all good guesses,though.

not sure which era he is coming from the only one I can think of are Harland Svare, Cliff Livingston.....pretty sure they both wore numbers in the 80s...

Sam Huff wore 70

there were a couple guys on the 1980 squad....or early 80s some time who wore strange numbers...in the 60s and 80s I believe......

cant remember their names though

in the early 90s Johnie Cooks wore a D linemen number....but dont remember the number.....

and thats all I can think of.....

not much help huh...... ;)

rbcarpenter
06-02-2010, 10:12 AM

nope,not cox.player was listed as and played only linebacker-all good guesses,though.

not sure which era he is coming from the only one I can think of are Harland Svare, Cliff Livingston.....pretty sure they both wore numbers in the 80s...

Sam Huff wore 70

there were a couple guys on the 1980 squad....or early 80s some time who wore strange numbers...in the 60s and 80s I believe......

in the early 90s Johnie Cooks wore a D linemen number....but dont remember the number.....

not much help huh...... ;)well,i can tell everyone here is stumped so i'll blurt it out.........in 2005,due to many injuries in the lb corps,we had to sign the guy that had started at mlb the previous season just so we would have someone to put on the field the last regular season game and to start against carolina in the playoffs. so,the answer is-------kevin lewis,#44,mlb.

YATittle1962
06-02-2010, 11:02 AM

nope,not cox.player was listed as and played* only linebacker-all good guesses,though.

Sam Huff wore 70

not much help huh...... ;)well,i can tell everyone here is stumped so i'll blurt it out.........in 2005,due to many injuries in the lb corps,we had to sign the guy that had started at mlb the previous season just so we would have someone to put on the field the last regular season game and to start against carolina in the playoffs. so,the answer is-------kevin lewis,#44,mlb.

wow...Kevin Lewis out of Duke......

I could have sworn he wore #59

ny06
06-02-2010, 11:05 AM

Sam Huff wore 70

He did, but in that one game in 05 when the Giants were riddled with injuries to the linebackers they picked up Lewis for a game. He wore #44

YATittle1962
06-02-2010, 11:16 AM

Sam Huff wore 70

He did, but in that one game in 05 when the Giants were riddled with injuries to the linebackers they picked up Lewis for a game. He wore #44

wow!!!!

would have never remembered that...

Great one rbc

rbcarpenter
06-02-2010, 03:28 PM

Sam Huff wore 70

wow!!!!

would have never remembered that...

Great one rbcthankyou both- ya,for the kudos,and ny06 for the explanation![&lt;:o)]

SEC105
06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
What Giant player became the first active NFLer to leave the NFL and join the WFL in 1974?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
06-03-2010, 11:06 AM
What Giant player became the first active NFLer to leave the NFL and join the WFL in 1974?</P>

Z</P>

only guys I can think of were.....Randy Johnson, Richmond Flowers

but there was quite a few guys jumping ship in those days.......not sure if one of them were the first

rbcarpenter
06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
the era of 1966-75 or so is my weak spot,so i have absolutely no clue.[:$]

ny06
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Z</P>

only guys I can think of were.....Randy Johnson, Richmond Flowers

but there was quite a few guys jumping ship in those days.......not sure if one of them were the first

I think you are correct about Randy Johnson

SEC105
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Z</P>

only guys I can think of were.....Randy Johnson, Richmond Flowers but there was quite a few guys jumping ship in those days.......not sure if one of them were the first I think you are correct about Randy Johnson</P>

Richmond Flowers was the first to join the WFL. Randy Johnson did also leave to play for the Hawaiian team in the WFL. Good job gang</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
What former Giant was the first player to sign with NY Jets [Titans]. He went on to a HOF career</P>

Z</P>

ny06
06-03-2010, 03:47 PM
What former Giant was the first player to sign with NY Jets [Titans]. He went on to a HOF career</P>

Z</P>

Don Maynard?

SEC105
06-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Z</P>

Don Maynard?</P>

http://www.mp-events.net/Don-Maynard---catching---Photofile--C10108274.jpeg</P>

Yup , that was him NY06. HOFer we let get away</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
When OJ Anderson played at the University of Miami , who's rushing record did he break?. Another well known NFL RB. Not a Giant</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
chuck foreman?

SEC105
06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
chuck foreman?
</P>

http://prod.static.vikings.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2009/07-July/ForemanChi/ForemanAction--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg</P>

That was him RBC......................great running back in his day</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
06-04-2010, 08:40 AM
its hard to believe that after all this time the questions here are only getting better....

you guys effort and creativity often makes my day....

keep em comin

YATittle1962
06-05-2010, 10:19 PM
name 3 men who have won Superbowls as players and Head coaches....

poppa smurph
06-05-2010, 10:23 PM
name 3 men who have won Superbowls as players and Head coaches....</P>

G-men only??</P>

poppa smurph
06-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Dungy, Ditka and...???</P>

YATittle1962
06-06-2010, 01:44 AM

thats 2 of the 3

zimonami
06-06-2010, 02:55 AM

thats 2 of the 3</P>

How abour Forrest Gregg... The Pack as a player and Cinci as the coach.</P>

YATittle1962
06-06-2010, 09:54 AM

thats 2 of the 3</P>

How abour Forrest Gregg... The Pack as a player and Cinci as the coach.</P>

dont think he ever won one as a coach

ny06
06-06-2010, 01:26 PM

Is Tom Flores the 3rd one?

zimonami
06-06-2010, 03:25 PM
name 3 men who have won Superbowls as players and Head coaches.... Is Tom Flores the 3rd one?</P>

whoops, my bad on Gregg... forgot he had to be a winner.</P>

Think 06 is right with Flores... he was with KC as a player in '69... then with the Raiders as coach.</P>

YATittle1962
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM

Is Tom Flores the 3rd one?
'
Tom Flores is right....nice job

YATittle1962
06-07-2010, 09:38 PM
whos quote is this ?....from the 1990 season....

"Jackson must have had 10 interceptions in practice, and if ever the cliche held true about a player playing the way he practices, it was so this week."

zimonami
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
whos quote is this ?....from the 1990 season.... "Jackson must have had 10 interceptions in practice, and if ever the cliche held true about a player playing the way he practices, it was so this week."</P>

wow, no clue. I don't think a team mate would refer to him as, "Jackson." so it sounds like a coach. My first thought would be Belichek, but it sounds more like the Tuna. I don't know that Belichek ever said a sentence that long.</P>

YATittle1962
06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
whos quote is this ?....from the 1990 season.... "Jackson must have had 10 interceptions in practice, and if ever the cliche held true about a player playing the way he practices, it was so this week."</P>

wow, no clue.* I don't think a team mate would refer to him as, "Jackson."* so it sounds like a coach. My first thought would be Belichek, but it sounds more like the Tuna.* I don't know that Belichek ever said a sentence that long.</P>

this is proof that going with your gut is the way to go.....

Bill Belichick it was

zimonami
06-07-2010, 11:52 PM

wow, no clue. I don't think a team mate would refer to him as, "Jackson." so it sounds like a coach. My first thought would be Belichek, but it sounds more like the Tuna. I don't know that Belichek ever said a sentence that long.</P>

this is proof that going with your gut is the way to go..... Bill Belichick it was</P>

lol... I truly thought Belichek until I thought about how that sentence just didn't fit the reticent one. I guess in his earlier days, before being scrutinized by the media/press, he was more open.</P>

zimonami
06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
I enjoyed revisiting the 1990 stats. It really was a team effort that year. We only had 14 turnovers, and created 34. OJ was our leading rusher,with only700+ yards. Meggett was our leading receiver with only 38 rec. I kept citingng that fact before last year, when everyone was moaning that we didn't have a No. 1 receiver. So what? Hoss was our 4th leading rusher. </P>

Who led the team in INT's? (This might have been asked once before)</P>

ny06
06-08-2010, 12:21 AM
It might have been asked before Zim, not really sure sounds familiar.

But one of my favorite players from that "90 team.

Everson Walls, he was not with us very long (mostly Cowboys) great player

zimonami
06-08-2010, 12:38 AM
It might have been asked before Zim, not really sure sounds familiar. But one of my favorite players from that "90 team. Everson Walls, he was not with us very long (mostly Cowboys) great player</P>

Good job, 06... Walls had 6 INT's and Jackson had 5. If it was asked, it was last year, before you came here regularly.</P>

Here's one that blew me away from 1990.</P>

Who led the team in tackles?</P>

YATittle1962
06-08-2010, 09:07 AM
It might have been asked before Zim, not really sure sounds familiar. But one of my favorite players from that "90 team. Everson Walls, he was not with us very long (mostly Cowboys) great player</P>

Good job, 06... Walls had 6 INT's and Jackson had 5.* If it was asked, it was last year, before you came here regularly.</P>

saying it blew you away leads me to believe its an unlikely candidate .......

and in that Belichick scheme it would have to be a linebacker.....

Ill guess Pepper Johnson.......

zimonami
06-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Good job, 06... Walls had 6 INT's and Jackson had 5. If it was asked, it was last year, before you came here regularly.</P>

saying it blew you away leads me to believe its an unlikely candidate ....... and in that Belichick scheme it would have to be a linebacker..... Ill guess Pepper Johnson.......</P>

Nay on Pepper.</P>

This guy only played for the Giants for that one year. Honestly, I didn't even remember that he was part of the '90 team until I looked at the stats and saw his name.</P>

SEC105
06-08-2010, 03:57 PM

saying it blew you away leads me to believe its an unlikely candidate ....... and in that Belichick scheme it would have to be a linebacker..... Ill guess Pepper Johnson.......</P>

Nay on Pepper.</P>

This guy only played for the Giants for that one year. Honestly, I didn't even remember that he was part of the '90 team until I looked at the stats and saw his name.</P>

</P>

How about Johnnie Cooks? He only played one year for us</P>

Z</P>

ny06
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Good job, 06... Walls had 6 INT's and Jackson had 5.* If it was asked, it was last year, before you came here regularly.</P>

Nay on Pepper.</P>

This guy only played for the Giants for that one year.* Honestly, I didn't even remember that he was part of the '90 team until I looked at the stats and saw his name.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

I think it is a defensive back

SEC105
06-08-2010, 04:13 PM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

I think it is a defensive back</P>

Ohhh.................well here's one since you guys are talking about 1990. This player playedin the 1985 SB and was flattened by Refrierator Perry when hescoredthat short yardage TD in the SB. He played for us [ only 1 year I think 1990]. Who was he?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
06-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Ohhh.................well here's one since you guys are talking about 1990. This player playedin the 1985 SB and was flattened by Refrierator Perry when hescoredthat short yardage TD in the SB. He played for us [ only 1 year I think 1990]. Who was he?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Gotta be Dave Duerson</P>

zimonami
06-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Not Cooks.</P>

06 is Hot when he guesses DB.</P>

YATittle1962
06-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

This guy only played for the Giants for that one year.* Honestly, I didn't even remember that he was part of the '90 team until I looked at the stats and saw his name.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Ohhh.................well here's one since you guys are talking about 1990. This player played*in the 1985 SB and was flattened by Refrierator Perry when he*scored**that short yardage TD in the SB. He played for us [ only 1 year I think 1990]. Who was he?*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

yeah only guy I could think of that was on that Bear team is Safety Duerson.......he was a Safety correct?

SEC105
06-09-2010, 05:06 PM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

yeah only guy I could think of that was on that Bear team is Safety Duerson.......he was a Safety correct?</P>

Wasn't Dave Duerson fellas , this guy who was flattened by "The Refrigerator" [who was scoring a TD for the Bears in SB 20] played for the Patriots for many years before coming to the Giants . One year with us in 1990</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
06-09-2010, 07:06 PM
The leading Tackler for the Giants in 1990 was Dave Whitmore!</P>

Listed as a DB... alternated between FS and SS in his career with Giants, SF, KC, and Philly. 6'0" and 232.</P>

How can I just barely remember him being with us that year when he had 123 tackles? </P>

zimonami
06-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

yeah only guy I could think of that was on that Bear team is Safety Duerson.......he was a Safety correct?</P>

Wasn't Dave Duerson fellas , this guy who was flattened by "The Refrigerator" [who was scoring a TD for the Bears in SB 20] played for the Patriots for many years before coming to the Giants . One year with us in 1990</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Sometimes my own stupidity amazes me.</P>

TheFridge could not have flattened Duerson... his own team mate. </P>

Jerk</P>

I'm thinking Fridge - Bears - Giants ----- Duerson.</P>

OK, Zimmy, Fridge flattened a Patriot.</P>

LOL</P>

That was McGrew... LB... I don't remember his first name. He played a long time with the Pats, maybe 9 - 10 yrs.,before playing his last year with us.</P>

zimonami
06-09-2010, 07:15 PM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Sometimes my own stupidity amazes me.</P>

TheFridge could not have flattened Duerson... his own team mate. </P>

Jerk</P>

I'm thinking Fridge - Bears - Giants ----- Duerson.</P>

OK, Zimmy, Fridge flattened a Patriot.</P>

LOL</P>

That was McGrew... LB... I don't remember his first name. He played a long time with the Pats, maybe 9 - 10 yrs.,before playing his last year with us.</P>

</P>

That's 10 demerits for zimmy, and at least a week in the Hall of Shame.[:$]</P>

jints10
06-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Lawrence McGrew, nice tangent guys........gotta remember Rodney .......if he didnt break his leg he would have received all the accolades.......that run in the preseason........we knew he was the real deal

ny06
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Listed as a DB... alternated between FS and SS in his career with Giants, SF, KC, and Philly.****** 6'0" and 232.</P>

How can I just barely remember him being with us that year when he had 123 tackles?* </P>

He played with the 49ers too if I recall.

ny06
06-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Since we are talking about the '90 team, who is this Player?

http://i49.tinypic.com/wgpbow.jpg

zimonami
06-09-2010, 08:21 PM

Listed as a DB... alternated between FS and SS in his career with Giants, SF, KC, and Philly. 6'0" and 232.</P>

How can I just barely remember him being with us that year when he had 123 tackles? </P>

He played with the 49ers too if I recall.</P>

LOL... TY, 06. That's who my 'FS' was supposed to be... SF.</P>

Another demerit.</P>

ny06
06-09-2010, 08:27 PM

Listed as a DB... alternated between FS and SS in his career with Giants, SF, KC, and Philly.****** 6'0" and 232.</P>

How can I just barely remember him being with us that year when he had 123 tackles?* </P>

He played with the 49ers too if I recall.</P>

LOL... TY, 06.* That's who my 'FS' was supposed to be... SF.</P>

Another demerit.</P>

oh I did not see you put the 49ers as one of his teams lol

That is crazy how a safety led that team in tackles, especially with the likes of Pepper, Banks, Reasons, LT, Jackson on the defense.

giantsd fan
06-09-2010, 08:37 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/wgpbow.jpgLee Rousen

YATittle1962
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM

Nay on Pepper.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Ohhh.................well here's one since you guys are talking about 1990. This player played*in the 1985 SB and was flattened by Refrierator Perry when he*scored**that short yardage TD in the SB. He played for us [ only 1 year I think 1990]. Who was he?*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

oh wow.....I was thinking Bears......my bad

note to self......learn to read the whole question

zimonami
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Attention span and comprehension problems for us both, YA?</P>

Methinks a wee bit too much of something or other?</P>

Enjoy!!! Life is short.</P>

YATittle1962
06-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Attention span and comprehension problems for us both, YA?</P>

Methinks a wee bit too much of something or other?</P>

Enjoy!!! Life is short.</P>

hahahahaha

something or other for sure ZIm

YATittle1962
06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
in SB XXI who scored the TD just before the failed PAT?

zimonami
06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
in SB XXI who scored the TD just before the failed PAT?</P>

That was our last TD of the game... and, it was Mr. OJ.</P>

Mentioned this in the Giant Pic of the Day... Hard to believe OJ played 7 years with the Gmen. A great asset to our team.</P>

YATittle1962
06-10-2010, 10:10 AM
in SB XXI who scored the TD just before the failed PAT?</P>

That was our last TD of the game... and, it was Mr. OJ.</P>

Mentioned this in the Giant Pic of the Day... Hard to believe OJ played 7 years with the Gmen. A great asset to our team.</P>

OJ it was.......

I have heard OJ say that right before Parcells sent him in...BIll said to OJ something like.......ok Otis its a run up the middle just follow the fullback and thank you so much for everything you have done for the team.....

like they were sending him off and giving him his SB TD.....

little did they know that years later he would be the MVP of the very same game

YATittle1962
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
what training camp location has had the most consecutive years of Giants use?

SEC105
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
what training camp location has had the most consecutive years of Giants use?</P>

I'll guess Fairleigh ****enson sp..............but they have been in Albany quite awhile</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-10-2010, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPmSJ6Txwto</P>

This is the best video I could find of "The Fridge" running over Larry McGrew in Super Bowl 20.</P>

McGrew did get his ring with us</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
06-10-2010, 04:25 PM

This is the best video I could find of "The Fridge" running over Larry McGrew in Super Bowl 20.</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I was angry that the Bears beat us, so I was rooting for NE, but I knew they had little chance. </P>

Anyways, it was a rotten thing that Ditka didn't try to get Peyton a TD.</P>

zimonami
06-10-2010, 04:27 PM
what training camp location has had the most consecutive years of Giants use?</P>

I'll guess Fairleigh ****enson sp..............but they have been in Albany quite awhile</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I was gonna guess Albany.</P>

There was ayear that the Giants did training camp in Oregon, and some in Wisconsin or Minnesota</P>

SEC105
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I was angry that the Bears beat us, so I was rooting for NE, but I knew they had little chance. </P>

Anyways, it was a rotten thing that Ditka didn't try to get Peyton a TD.</P>

</P>

Good you mentioned that Z.................it always bothered me too that Walter Payton did not get to score a TD in that SB. R I P to one of the greatest running backs ever and a classy guy to boot</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/payton.jpg</P>

"Sweetness"</P>

Z</P>

ny06
06-10-2010, 06:41 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/wgpbow.jpgLee Rousen

correct

zimonami
06-10-2010, 08:37 PM

"Sweetness"</P>

Z</P>

</P>

TY, SEC... great pic.</P>

Peyton and Sayers ... the Bears had 2 of the greatest ever. They were both pure class. </P>

They were so anxious for the Fridge as invincible goal line RB "Wow" factor, that they forgot about Walter. He never complained, as you'd expect, but it had to hurt.</P>

YATittle1962
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I was gonna guess Albany.</P>

There was a*year that the Giants did training camp in Oregon, and some in Wisconsin or Minnesota</P>

this coming season will make Albany the longest running training camp location

YATittle1962
06-12-2010, 07:04 PM
in Superbowl XXV...who was involved in the Giants longest play from scrimmage ?

......and how long was the play?

Z

jints10
06-12-2010, 08:57 PM

Z
Was it the OJ Anderson run where he wound up at the end? I guess about 40 yards.

rbcarpenter
06-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Zi would say the phil mcconkey flea flicker for 44 yards.

jints10
06-12-2010, 09:46 PM

Phil McConkey was not on the "90" team

gmen46
06-12-2010, 10:09 PM

"Sweetness"</P>

Z</P>

</P>

TY, SEC... great pic.</P>

Peyton and Sayers ... the Bears had 2 of the greatest ever.* They were both pure class.* </P>

They were so anxious for the Fridge as invincible goal line RB "Wow" factor, that they forgot about Walter.* He never complained, as you'd expect, but it had to hurt.</P>

Yeah, Ditka has long since publicly admitted that is one of his greatest regrets. According to him, I believe, he was so wrapped up in the game that he lost sight of the historical significance of Payton scoring a TD that day--he just didn't think of it during the game--until it was over.

As for the pure joy of watching a RB apply his talent, to me Gale Sayers was the most exciting runner in "modern" history of the NFL. Definitely the smoothest ever. He made defenders look like they literally were standing still as he ran past/through them. The only RBs in his class have been Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. All other runners have been several tiers below them.

The fact that Sayers came back a year after what most thought was a career-ending knee injury and STILL dominated the league--in an era before modern sports surgery and rehabilitation--is an accomplishment that has been grossly under appreciated, but is a testament to his superior talent and toughness. His career was a bit too short, however, or his numbers would all be at the top.

Aside from career stats, however, he was the most fun to watch.

rbcarpenter
06-12-2010, 10:27 PM

Phil McConkey was not on the "90" team
whoops, i need to put my glasses on! [;)]

YATittle1962
06-12-2010, 10:32 PM

Z
Was it the OJ Anderson run where he wound up at the end? I guess about 40 yards.

yup it was the OJ run.....something like 44 yds i think

SEC105
06-14-2010, 03:50 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/nfl.10.afl.franchises/images/jack-kemp-buffalo-bills.jpg</P>

Who is this player. He was our 3rd string QB in "The Greatest Game Ever Played" 1958</P>

Z</P>

gmen46
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/nfl.10.afl.franchises/images/jack-kemp-buffalo-bills.jpg</P>

Who is this player. He was our 3rd string QB in "The Greatest Game Ever Played"** 1958</P>

Z</P>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?

SEC105
06-14-2010, 05:16 PM

Who is this player. He was our 3rd string QB in "The Greatest Game Ever Played" 1958</P>

Z</P>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?</P>

Nice call , Thats him. He had a great career in the AFL</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
06-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Z</P>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That's Kemp, SEC, but I don't remember him on the Giants in '58.</P>

If we had Kemp, and Conerly, and Heinrich, then we had 4 QB's in '58. We had a QB with the initials TD. Can anyone remember his name?</P>

rbcarpenter
06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/nfl.10.afl.franchises/images/jack-kemp-buffalo-bills.jpg</p>

Who is this player. He was our 3rd string QB in "The Greatest Game Ever Played" 1958</p>

Z</p>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?</p>

Nice call , Thats him. He had a great career in the AFL</p>

Z</p>

</p>

That's Kemp, SEC, but I don't remember him on the Giants in '58.</p>

If we had Kemp, and Conerly, and Heinrich, then we had 4 QB's in '58. We had a QB with the initials TD. Can anyone remember his name?</p>tom dublinski

SEC105
06-14-2010, 08:07 PM

Z</P>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

If we had Kemp, and Conerly, and Heinrich, then we had 4 QB's in '58. We had a QB with the initials TD. Can anyone remember his name?</P>

</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kemp</P>

Although I don't remember it Z ,Jack Kemp was on the "taxi squad". I had read that years ago some where</P>

Z</P>

ny06
06-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Besides Leonard Marshall, who is the other Giant assisting in the sack on Danny White?

http://i45.tinypic.com/bfg8bn.jpg

zimonami
06-14-2010, 10:59 PM

Z</P>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

tom dublinski
</P>

You da' man, RBC</P>

zimonami
06-14-2010, 11:03 PM

Z</P>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Although I don't remember it Z ,Jack Kemp was on the "taxi squad". I had read that years ago some where</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That;s the answer, SEC...thanks. I didn't remember him on the team, so I checked and he wasn't on the roster... he also wasn't with any other team... he has no Pro stats for that year... yup, he had to be on our taxi squad. I think he also had a part of the '57 season blank... I'll have to check why, and how he came to us.</P>

zimonami
06-14-2010, 11:13 PM

Z</P>

(Sen) Jack Kemp?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That;s the answer, SEC...thanks. I didn't remember him on the team, so I checked and he wasn't on the roster... he also wasn't with any other team... he has no Pro stats for that year... yup, he had to be on our taxi squad. I think he also had a part of the '57 season blank... I'll have to check why, and how he came to us.</P>

</P>

Yeah. Drafted by Detroit in '57... Cut in camp... went to Pittsburgh for the year. Taxi squads for SF and then the Giants in '58, and he was listed as 3rd QB for the Greatest Game. No records for '59. Not sure where he was. The Chargers in '60 for a few seasons, then Buffalo.</P>

jints10
06-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Besides Leonard Marshall, who is the other Giant assisting in the sack on Danny White?

I'm thinking that it is Casey Merrill DE

ny06
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM

I'm thinking that it is Casey Merrill DE

correct, good job

YATittle1962
06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
in the 2002 season playoff debacle against the 49ers.......

who was flagged with a personal foul when he ran into the 49er return man after he waived a fair catch?

to me this played an integral role in the momentum shift of that second half

poppa smurph
06-15-2010, 01:22 PM
in the 2002 season playoff debacle against the 49ers....... who was flagged with a personal foul when he ran into the 49er return man after he waived a fair catch? to me this played an integral role in the momentum shift of that second half</P>

Lol...I just watched this game last night on NFL Network, but couldn't remember who it was...untill I watched the re-run of the re-run, which is on right now.</P>

I'll keep the answer to myself for a bit to give some of the more knowledged fans a fair shot at correctly remembering. If I were to answer right now, I'd feel like I cheated.</P>

On a side note, that play seemed to start the boat rocking, and while there were planty of chances to put the game away, it seemed like every retaliation absolutley killed us in the 4th. Then the field goal attempt put the boat past the tipping point...odd game, a tale of two halves, and 4th quarter gaffs...</P>

ny06
06-15-2010, 03:07 PM

who was flagged with a personal foul when he ran into the 49er return man after he waived a fair catch?

Shaun Williams?

YATittle1962
06-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Shaun Williams?

wasnt Shaun.......although he was flagged for doing a few stupid things in that very game

ny06
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Shaun Williams?

wasnt Shaun.......although he was flagged for doing a few stupid things in that very game

Thatís what I remember; he got ejected in that game I think. I try to forget about that game

SEC105
06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
in the 2002 season playoff debacle against the 49ers....... who was flagged with a personal foul when he ran into the 49er return man after he waived a fair catch? to me this played an integral role in the momentum shift of that second half Shaun Williams? wasnt Shaun.......although he was flagged for doing a few stupid things in that very game</P>

I'll take a wild guess......... Will Allen?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/05/bobbycarpenter.jpg</P>

What former Giant is this players father?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

rbcarpenter
06-15-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/05/bobbycarpenter.jpg</p>

What former Giant is this players father?</p>

Z</p>

</p>look at my screen name and avatar-good nuff'? lol!

rbcarpenter
06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
whhoops,maybe not! where the hell has my brain been lately?

YATittle1962
06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
whhoops,maybe not! where the hell has my brain been lately?

Im almost positive yr right rbc.....thats Rob Carpenters kid......

isnt he?

poppa smurph
06-16-2010, 08:07 AM
in the 2002 season playoff debacle against the 49ers....... who was flagged with a personal foul when he ran into the 49er return man after he waived a fair catch? to me this played an integral role in the momentum shift of that second half Shaun Williams? wasnt Shaun.......although he was flagged for doing a few stupid things in that very game</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Dhani Jones... Lol, did I wait long enough?</P>

YATittle1962
06-16-2010, 09:29 AM

Z</P>

</P>

hahahaha....yup you did

name every player that was on the roster that fateful day...that is still on the roster

ny06
06-16-2010, 09:33 AM

Z</P>

</P>

hahahaha....yup you did

name every player that was on the roster that fateful day...that is still on the roster

Rich Seubert

ny06
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Name this player.

He has 670 receptions in his career

Has 3 consecutive 100 catch seasons.

Never caught a pass for the Giants.

Was active for 1 game.

Who am I?

YATittle1962
06-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Name this player.

Was active for 1 game.

Who am I?

gotta be Herman Moore ........long time Lion

fantastic question

ny06
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Name this player.

Was active for 1 game.

Who am I?

gotta be Herman Moore ........long time Lion

correct, good job YA

YATittle1962
06-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I was a Viking.....I was a Giant
who am I?

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3450/charlesa.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1342/stackq.jpg
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7066/housel.jpg

GMENAGAIN
06-16-2010, 10:43 AM
I was a Viking.....I was a Giant who am I? http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3450/charlesa.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1342/stackq.jpg http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7066/housel.jpg</P>

</P>

Weenie Pileshack??</P>

jk . . . . Charles Stackhouse. </P>

YATittle1962
06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
I was a Viking.....I was a Giant who am I? http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3450/charlesa.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1342/stackq.jpg http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7066/housel.jpg</P>

*</P>

Weenie Pileshack??</P>

jk . . . . Charles Stackhouse.* </P>

hahahaha

nice

rbcarpenter
06-16-2010, 03:27 PM
JOE SCHLABOTNIK!!!!(what's the reference,ya?)

YATittle1962
06-16-2010, 03:30 PM
JOE SCHLABOTNIK!!!!(what's the reference,ya?)

hahahahahaha

ask Charlie Brown

not sure if thats what you mean but as soon as I read that I thought of the Peanuts

rbcarpenter
06-16-2010, 04:38 PM
you got it!!!

SEC105
06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/05/bobbycarpenter.jpg</P>

What former Giant is this players father?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

look at my screen name and avatar-good nuff'? lol!
</P>

It's Rob's son. Parcel's drafted him while with the Cowboys if I'm not mistaken</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azqo9br91gE&amp;feature=related</P>

Just posted this Hixon video in the Jintfan 73 thread. He's a big loss to the team imo. Tough one for Domenick. Good guy too</P>

Z</P>

eli#10nyg
06-16-2010, 05:01 PM

that would have to be fran tarkenton, i've been watching a lot of nfl films lately, lol.</P>

eli#10nyg
06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I DON'T KNOW HOW HONEST THIS ABE WAS, BUT I DO KNOW HE STARTED HIS CAREER WITH THE COLTS, HAD A LONG STAYIN SAN FRAN AND WRAPPED HIS CAREER UP IN NEW YORK WITH THE GIANTS. HE WAS A 1ST ROUND PICK AND A 7 TIME PRO BOWLER. WHO IS HE?</P>

zimonami
06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
I DON'T KNOW HOW HONEST THIS ABE WAS, BUT I DO KNOW HE STARTED HIS CAREER WITH THE COLTS, HAD A LONG STAYIN SAN FRAN AND WRAPPED HIS CAREER UP IN NEW YORK WITH THE GIANTS. HE WAS A 1ST ROUND PICK AND A 7 TIME PRO BOWLER. WHO IS HE?</P>

</P>

I'm answering this only because YA is obviously not around to see the Question.</P>

That would be Old Yelberton A. Tittle</P>

zimonami
06-16-2010, 05:20 PM

that would have to be fran tarkenton, i've been watching a lot of nfl films lately, lol.</P>

</P>

NO!!!!</P>

Fran would be the answer to:</P>

I was a Viking... I was a Giant... I was a Viking... who am I?</P>

jints10
06-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I was a Viking.....I was a Giant who am I? http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3450/charlesa.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1342/stackq.jpg http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7066/housel.jpg</p>

that would have to be fran tarkenton, i've been watching a lot of nfl films lately, lol.</p>

</p>

NO!!!!</p>

Fran would be the answer to:</p>

I was a Viking... I was a Giant... I was a Viking... who am I?</p>
You could also say Hershall Walker and Visante Scancoe and probably countless others that played for both the Vikes and Giants...........I liked the way the question had the pictures to put together like the old game show Concentration........I loved that show!

Who is this guy :
{automobile}+ "L" {place to keep money}

I wish I was more computer savy to string together pics

YATittle1962
06-16-2010, 10:19 PM
I was a Viking.....I was a Giant who am I? http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3450/charlesa.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1342/stackq.jpg http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7066/housel.jpg</p>

that would have to be fran tarkenton, i've been watching a lot of nfl films lately, lol.</p>

</p>

NO!!!!</p>

Fran would be the answer to:</p>

I was a Viking... I was a Giant... I was a Viking... who am I?</p>
You could also say Hershall Walker and Visante Scancoe and probably countless others that played for both the Vikes and Giants...........I liked the way the question had the pictures to put together like the old game show Concentration........I loved that show!

Who is this guy :
{automobile}+ "L"***** {place to keep money}

here you go ;)

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/4069/carod.jpg
+
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2599/38775087.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5319/49899870.jpg
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1255/boaw.jpg

zimonami
06-16-2010, 11:06 PM

</P>

NO!!!!</P>

Who is this guy :
{automobile}+ "L" {place to keep money}

here you go ;) http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/4069/carod.jpg + http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2599/38775087.jpg http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5319/49899870.jpg http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1255/boaw.jpg</P>

Me... Me... Call on me, teacher.</P>

Car(L) Banks</P>

eli#10nyg
06-17-2010, 06:43 AM

</P>

NO!!!!</P>

</P>

i don't get the picture clues, but i thought tarkenton fit the bill. now i see charles, stack, and house, nice. just because he went back to the vikings, doesn't matter, he didn't go to a 3rd different team, he was a viking and he was a giant.</P>

YATittle1962
06-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I think Zim was just joking around......we keep it pretty light around here

zimonami
06-17-2010, 05:41 PM
I think Zim was just joking around......we keep it pretty light around here</P>

lol... heck, yeah... I was just having fun, seeming to be precisely picky about his transition.</P>

When I think of Fran, I picture him as a Viking. I wasn't a Fran Fan.</P>

zimonami
06-17-2010, 05:42 PM
I think Zim was just joking around......we keep it pretty light around here

rbcarpenter
06-19-2010, 11:52 AM
not speciffically giants,but.....name all the head coaches that have LOST 3 or more super bowls.....

eli#10nyg
06-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I think Zim was just joking around......we keep it pretty light around here</P>

okee dokee [:$]</P>

gmen46
06-19-2010, 03:12 PM
not speciffically giants,but.....name all the head coaches that have LOST 3 or more super bowls.....

Don Shula, Bud Grant, Tom Landry, Marv Levy

rbcarpenter
06-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Don Shula, Bud Grant, Tom Landry, Marv Levyaaaaaaand?..........

jints10
06-19-2010, 09:18 PM

Don Shula, Bud Grant, Tom Landry, Marv Levyaaaaaaand?..........
Dan Reeves