PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

gmen46
06-20-2010, 12:58 AM
not speciffically giants,but.....name all the head coaches that have LOST 3 or more super bowls.....

Don Shula, Bud Grant, Tom Landry, Marv Levyaaaaaaand?..........
Dan Reeves

**** me! How could I forget the Reevster?

rbcarpenter
06-20-2010, 06:18 AM
not speciffically giants,but.....name all the head coaches that have LOST 3 or more super bowls.....

Don Shula, Bud Grant, Tom Landry, Marv Levyaaaaaaand?..........
Dan Reeves

**** me! How could I forget the Reevster?you got'em all,gmen46![Y]

YATittle1962
06-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam both kicked 63 yd field goals in regular season games.....

but in a 2002 preseason game a 65 yd field goal was made......which would be the record had it been the regular season.....

who kicked it?

he was not a Giant

zimonami
06-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam both kicked 63 yd field goals in regular season games..... but in a 2002 preseason game a 65 yd field goal was made......which would be the record had it been the regular season..... who kicked it? he was not a Giant</P>

I'll guess Janikowsky with Oakland</P>

YATittle1962
06-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam both kicked 63 yd field goals in regular season games..... but in a 2002 preseason game a 65 yd field goal was made......which would be the record had it been the regular season..... who kicked it? he was not a Giant</P>

I'll guess Janikowsky with Oakland</P>

thats probably who I would have guessed Zim.....but wasnt him

I just read it and dont remember ever hearing of this guy....figured Id throw it out to you guys

YATittle1962
06-21-2010, 10:52 AM
as of last season ....what Giant holds the longest active streak in the NFL with a reception of 21+ yds in 8 straight games?

jints10
06-21-2010, 11:12 AM
as of last season ....what Giant holds the longest active streak in the NFL with a reception of 21+ yds in 8 straight games?
Hakeem Nicks

I'm guessing you watched the replay of that Eagles game too....ugh

YATittle1962
06-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Hakeem Nicks

yup......you caught that graphic after the TD huh? ;)

I forgot how much that Jacobs fumble hurt us

YATittle1962
06-21-2010, 08:54 PM
anyway .....the kicker was Ola Kimrin who kicked a 65 yd field goal in preseason

zimonami
06-21-2010, 11:22 PM
anyway .....the kicker was Ola Kimrin who kicked a 65 yd field goal in preseason</P>

yeah, his name was right there on the tip of my tongue. </P>

zimonami
06-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Hakeem Nicks

yup......you caught that graphic after the TD huh? ;) I forgot how much that Jacobs fumble hurt us</P>

I don't know how you can do it. The Giant/SF game was on a few days ago and I just turned it off for the 4th Qtr. I can't go through the anguishagain. Same with the Giant/Philly game. You guys must have a high threshold of pain...lol</P>

rbcarpenter
06-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Hakeem Nicks

yup......you caught that graphic after the TD huh? ;) I forgot how much that Jacobs fumble hurt us</p>

I don't know how you can do it. The Giant/SF game was on a few days ago and I just turned it off for the 4th Qtr. I can't go through the anguishagain. Same with the Giant/Philly game. You guys must have a high threshold of pain...lol</p>i ususally can't do it either,zim.unless it is a gamme i don't have on tape and am checking some salient point(or a big ,gaping hole in my memory banks),i tend to avoid the nfl network for 3 hours to avoid any old,pent up rage or gut-wrenching disappointment.

YATittle1962
06-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Hakeem Nicks

yup......you caught that graphic after the TD huh? ;) I forgot how much that Jacobs fumble hurt us</P>

I don't know how you can do it. The Giant/SF game was on a few days ago and I just turned it off for the 4th Qtr. I can't go through the anguish*again.* *Same with the Giant/Philly game. You guys must have a high threshold of pain...lol</P>

I like to watch knowing the outcome so I can watch from a perspective of......what went wrong?

I think our offense looked pretty powerful at times in that game.....

Bradshaw was running like a mad man and Eli almost hit 400yds

I also think that game was a HUGE learning experience for Hakeem Nicks

SEC105
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
What reasondid LT give forchoosing the number 56 after he was drafted?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
06-22-2010, 04:06 PM
What reason*did LT give for*choosing the number 56 after he was drafted?</P>

Z</P>

Good question Sec

If I recall LT choose that number because of Hollywood Henderson

kennyv63
06-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Didn't LT wear his college number, #98 for preaseason his rookie year, and then LB's needed to have 50's numbers back than. Why 56? Clack's old number? Don't think that was it.

SEC105
06-22-2010, 04:11 PM
What reasondid LT give forchoosing the number 56 after he was drafted?</P>

Z</P>

Good question Sec If I recall LT choose that number because of Hollywood Henderson</P>

Thats it NY06......I got a new book for Fathers Day. I can pull a few questions out of it</P>

Z</P>

ny06
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Didn't LT wear his college* number, #98 for preaseason his rookie year, and then LB's needed to have 50's numbers back than.* Why 56? Clack's old number? Don't think that was it.

Morehead said that in another thread, I think he wore #98 the first pre-season game. And then switched to 56

SEC105
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Didn't LT wear his college number, #98 for preaseason his rookie year, and then LB's needed to have 50's numbers back than. Why 56? Clack's old number? Don't think that was it.</P>

Thats a good question. Not sure if LT wore 98 for preseason that year</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Something ironic about LT choosing Hollywood Henderson as a role model lol</P>

Z</P>

ny06
06-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Something ironic about LT choosing Hollywood Henderson as a role model** lol</P>

Z</P>

I know right

at-least from what we know LT never did coke on the sidelines of a game like Henderson did.

SEC105
06-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Something ironic about LT choosing Hollywood Henderson as a role model lol</P>

Z</P>

I know right at-least from what we know LT never did coke on the sidelines of a game like Henderson did.</P>

do you remeber this? Hollywood won the lottery..the site says twice lol maybe LT knew something we didn't [:D]</P>

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2000/03/23/henderson_lottery/</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Who was the first Giant reciever to get a 1000 yards in a season?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Who was the first Giant reciever to get a 1000 yards in a season?</p>

Z</p>del shofner?

YATittle1962
06-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Who was the first Giant reciever to get a 1000 yards in a season?</p>

Z</p>del shofner?

Gotta be Del or Homer

pretty sure its Del

zimonami
06-22-2010, 11:36 PM

Z</P>

del shofner?
Gotta be Del or Homer pretty sure its Del</P>

I think Del did it first year with YA, '61, and also the next 2 -3 years. </P>

Homer was after Del.</P>

YATittle1962
06-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Z</P>

del shofner?

I think Del did it first year with YA, '61, and also the next 2 -3 years.* </P>

Homer was after Del.</P>

was Del in '61

poppa smurph
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
This may be an easy question for those who have followed the Giants for a long time. I don't have a clue who it would be, but...</P>

Who was the first Giant to sign a million dollar contract with the club?</P>

YATittle1962
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
This may be an easy question for those who have followed the Giants for a long time. I don't have a clue who it would be, but...</P>

had to be someone in the 80s........maybe Simms second deal?

rbcarpenter
06-25-2010, 01:01 AM
lt's extension in 85?

jints10
06-25-2010, 08:14 AM
This may be an easy question for those who have followed the Giants for a long time. I don't have a clue who it would be, but...</p>

Who was the first Giant to sign a million dollar contract with the club?</p>
I agree with "RBC" it was LT. Trump made LT a million dollar offer to play with the Generals so the Giants had to match it or lose him. I'm pretty sure it was the first million dollar contract in the NFL.

SEC105
06-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Z</P>

del shofner?

I think Del did it first year with YA, '61, and also the next 2 -3 years. </P>

Homer was after Del.</P>

</P>

Del it was gang........my fault for taking so long</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-25-2010, 04:35 PM

I agree with "RBC" it was LT. Trump made LT a million dollar offer to play with the Generals so the Giants had to match it or lose him. I'm pretty sure it was the first million dollar contract in the NFL.
</P>

I'd 3rd that...the Giants signed him to 6 year deal and bought out his NJ General contract</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Just heard about Chad Jones.....................thoughts and prayers to the kid and his family. There are some things that are just more important than football</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM
In 1986 @ Washington , regular season , how many times did we pick off Jay Schader [sp]?</P>

Answer in AG for HC thread</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
06-25-2010, 05:53 PM
In 1986 @ Washington , regular season , how many times did we pick off Jay Schader [sp]?</P>

Answer in AG for HC thread</P>

Z</P>

was something ridiculous like 5 or 6....I know Leonard Marshall got one.....could never forget that one

YATittle1962
06-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Just heard about Chad Jones.....................thoughts and prayers to the kid and his family. There are some things that are just more important than football</P>

Z</P>

yeah its terrible.....

kinda gave me flashbacks of when we lost Troy Archer in an auto accident during training camp in ....79 I think it was?

thank god Chad is still alive.....

thoughts and prayers with him and his family for sure

get well young man

zimonami
06-25-2010, 10:58 PM

Z</P>

yeah its terrible..... kinda gave me flashbacks of when we lost Troy Archer in an auto accident during training camp in ....79 I think it was? thank god Chad is still alive..... thoughts and prayers with him and his family for sure get well young man</P>

Hate to sound like an old lady, but it broke my heart when I heard about Troy, and I felt the same waywhen I heard aboutChad.</P>

Life is short, and uncertain.</P>

Seize the day, andthank the Big Guy if you're healthy and happy.</P>

Don't be afraid to let your family know how much you love them... every day. If it's the last time, and someday itwill be, that's what you'll leave them to remember about you.</P>

zimonami
06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Who was the Giants 1st round pick in '76, the first year in the Meadowlands?</P>

Is this too easy? lol</P>

My brain can't reach any deeper right now.</P>

rbcarpenter
06-26-2010, 03:01 AM
ithink ya is right,they picked schroeder 6 times,and also caused 2 or 3 fumbles with the lt"tomahawk chop".

note-did you know the first time he did that in the pro's against the cardinals(jim hart),one of the ref's tried to call a roughing the passer?

rbcarpenter
06-26-2010, 10:31 AM
1976 1st rounder was troy archer.r.i.p.

YATittle1962
06-26-2010, 12:14 PM

Z</P>

yeah its terrible..... kinda gave me flashbacks of when we lost Troy Archer in an auto accident during training camp in ....79 I think it was? thank god Chad is still alive..... thoughts and prayers with him and his family for sure get well young man</P>

Hate to sound like an old lady, but it broke my heart when I heard about Troy, and I felt the same way*when I heard about*Chad.</P>

Seize the day, and*thank the Big Guy if you're healthy and happy.</P>

Don't be afraid to let your family know how much you love them... every day. If it's the last time, and someday it*will be, that's what you'll leave them to remember about you.</P>

dont wanna sound like a big softy or anything......

but I love every word you said right there Zimmy

BIGBLUsec329
06-26-2010, 09:18 PM
did you know that LT is a crackhead. now he has been accused of a raping a women. what a scumbag.

zimonami
06-26-2010, 11:10 PM
did you know that LT is a crackhead. now he has been accused of a raping a women. what a scumbag.</P>

Is that in the "Did You Know" hall of records?</P>

Nope.</P>

Like my friend always said... It takes one to know one.</P>

zimonami
06-27-2010, 12:58 AM
1976 1st rounder was troy archer.r.i.p.
</P>

I forgot to acknowledge you, rbc.</P>

I thought he was going to become an All-Pro, for years. Another motor, like Mendy.</P>

</P>

eli#10nyg
06-27-2010, 01:10 AM

Z</P>

Hate to sound like an old lady, but it broke my heart when I heard about Troy, and I felt the same waywhen I heard aboutChad.</P>

Don't be afraid to let your family know how much you love them... every day. If it's the last time, and someday itwill be, that's what you'll leave them to remember about you.</P>

dont wanna sound like a big softy or anything...... but I love every word you said right there Zimmy</P>

yup, i second, that. life is short, from the time we're born with one foot in the cradle and one in the grave, to the time when our end is actually here. let love reign, people that you love should know you love them, that is what life is about, or rather it is what it should be about. it is very saddening how life is held in such low regard these days, life is precious life is fleeting, life should be an expierience that nourishes us with compassion, that grows us and prepares us for the next step in eternity. we need to be that life for our brothers and sisters here on Earth. when we are loving one another and helping one another make it through life's struggles, that is when life is good. make a difference in someones life, love your neighbor.</P>

zimonami
06-27-2010, 01:41 AM

Z</P>

dont wanna sound like a big softy or anything...... but I love every word you said right there Zimmy</P>

yup, i second, that. life is short, from the time we're born with one foot in the cradle and one in the grave, to the time when our end is actually here. let love reign, people that you love should know you love them, that is what life is about, or rather it is what it should be about. it is very saddening how life is held in such low regard these days, life is precious life is fleeting, life should be an expierience that nourishes us with compassion, that grows us and prepares us for the next step in eternity. we need to be that life for our brothers and sisters here on Earth. when we are loving one another and helping one another make it through life's struggles, that is when life is good. make a difference in someones life, love your neighbor.</P>

</P>

All the good people who live by those principals, every bit the silent majority, are always overwhelmed by the small percent of A-holes who thrive on conflict and suffer from the ME syndrome</P>

poppa smurph
06-27-2010, 09:44 AM

</P>

Wow, never heard that story.</P>

Thanks Folks!</P>

YATittle1962
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
"When you want to win a game, you have to teach. When you lose a game, you have to learn."

"Right after the game, say as little as possible. "

what Giant ex player/coach spoke those words?

Z

zimonami
06-27-2010, 05:14 PM
"When you want to win a game, you have to teach. When you lose a game, you have to learn." "Right after the game, say as little as possible. " what Giant ex player/coach spoke those words? Z</P>

Sounds like it could be Landry</P>

rbcarpenter
06-27-2010, 05:29 PM
"When you want to win a game, you have to teach. When you lose a game, you have to learn." "Right after the game, say as little as possible. " what Giant ex player/coach spoke those words? Z</p>

Sounds like it could be Landry</p>could also be steve owens.

YATittle1962
06-27-2010, 09:31 PM
"When you want to win a game, you have to teach. When you lose a game, you have to learn." "Right after the game, say as little as possible. " what Giant ex player/coach spoke those words? Z</P>

Sounds like it could be Landry</P>

nailed it

keyofgmen
06-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Who said this?

"I never draft anyone too smart...If he's smart he can find something to do other than to play this dumb game"

zimonami
06-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Who said this? "I never draft anyone too smart...If he's smart he can find something to do other than to play this dumb game"</P>

That sounds like Tuna to me.</P>

YATittle1962
06-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Who said this? "I never draft anyone too smart...If he's smart he can find something to do other than to play this dumb game"</P>

That sounds like Tuna to me.</P>

was gonna say the same

rbcarpenter
06-28-2010, 10:06 AM
also sounds a little like george young,a.k.a. the cookie monster.

zimonami
06-28-2010, 05:07 PM
</P>

yeah, rbc, that coulda been george, too.</P>

OK, Key --- enquiring minds want to know. </P>

Tuna?</P>

Cookie Monster?</P>

or, ???? </P>

YATittle1962
06-28-2010, 09:00 PM
</P>

OK, Key --- enquiring minds want to know.* </P>

Tuna?</P>

Cookie Monster?</P>

or, ???? </P>

patiently waiting ;)

SEC105
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHOTOFILE/AAEA005~Chuck-Bednarik-Stance-Photofile-Posters.jpg</P>

Who is this former Eagle and why is he so infamous to Giant Fans?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
06-29-2010, 06:07 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHOTOFILE/AAEA005%7EChuck-Bednarik-Stance-Photofile-Posters.jpg</p>

Who is this former Eagle and why is he so infamous to Giant Fans?</p>

Z</p>
Thats Chuck Bednerik, the guy that killed Giff

My friend has a picture of Bednerik standing over Giff after that play signed by Chuck, He also wrote " stay the F down" on it.

keyofgmen
06-29-2010, 06:32 PM
</P>

OK, Key --- enquiring minds want to know.* </P>

Tuna?</P>

Cookie Monster?</P>

or, ???? </P>

patiently waiting ;)

Sorry..was away for a day..

It was G Young..

zimonami
06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
</P>

OK, Key --- enquiring minds want to know. </P>

Tuna?</P>

Cookie Monster?</P>

or, ???? </P>

patiently waiting ;) Sorry..was away for a day.. It was G Young..</P>

You win that round, RBC.</P>

Good job</P>

miken609
06-29-2010, 07:09 PM
yo this thread is insane. 378 freaking pages. ridiculous

SEC105
06-29-2010, 08:23 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHOTOFILE/AAEA005%7EChuck-Bednarik-Stance-Photofile-Posters.jpg</P>

Who is this former Eagle and why is he so infamous to Giant Fans?</P>

Z</P>

My friend has a picture of Bednerik standing over Giff after that play signed by Chuck, He also wrote " stay the F down" on it.
</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0809/mlb.yankee.stadium.moments/images/00.001074864Finalfinal.jpg</P>

Thats him Jints 10...............one mean SOB. Also one of the last players to play offense and defense if I'm not mistaken</P>

Z</P>

jints10
06-29-2010, 08:33 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHOTOFILE/AAEA005%7EChuck-Bednarik-Stance-Photofile-Posters.jpg</p>

Who is this former Eagle and why is he so infamous to Giant Fans?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0809/mlb.yankee.stadium.moments/images/00.001074864Finalfinal.jpg</p>

Thats him Jints 10...............one mean SOB. Also one of the last players to play offense and defense if I'm not mistaken</p>

Z</p>
Thats the pic thats also Kyle Rote #44 in the pic

YATittle1962
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
in Jim Lee Howells tenure as coach ......his record was 53-27-4

that makes his win percentage what?

as a bonus......name the 6 HOFers he coached.

Z

SEC105
06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
http://www.helmethut.com/Giants/lovetere.jpg</P>

Name these 2 Giants....................one is easy</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
in Jim Lee Howells tenure as coach ......his record was 53-27-4 that makes his win percentage what? as a bonus......name the 6 HOFers he coached. Z</P>

Thats a 663% winning percentage [not counting ties] YA. I could compute my batting average on the way to first base[;)]</P>

2 HOFers off the top of my head are Rosey Brownand Emlen Tunell</P>

Z</P>

gmen46
06-29-2010, 09:18 PM
in Jim Lee Howells tenure as coach ......his record was 53-27-4 that makes his win percentage what? as a bonus......name the 6 HOFers he coached. Z</P>

Thats a 663% winning percentage [not counting ties] YA.* I could compute my batting average on the way to first base[;)]</P>

2 HOFers off the top of my head are Rosey Brown*and Emlen Tunell</P>

Z</P>

That's a 63% win percentage. And you don't get to drop the ties--that's part of the "results package".

YATittle1962
06-29-2010, 09:24 PM
you guys are pretty damn good.......

so what Giant coach has the best win percentage from Jim Lee on?

.....and SEC thats two of the HOFers......anyone got the other four

YATittle1962
06-29-2010, 09:32 PM

Z</P>

is that Katcavage and Lovetere?

Lovetere is the only 76 from back then that I can think of........besides Rosey.......and that guy looks white

ny06
06-29-2010, 10:03 PM

Z

The 6 HOF players that Howell coached our

Frank Gifford
Emlen Tunnell
Tom Landry
Rosey Brown
Sam Huff
Andy Robustelli

and there are so many more great players he coached.

Rosey Grier
Kyle Rote
Alex Webster
Charlie Conerly
Jimmy Patton
**** Modzelewski
Jim Katcavage

Just to name a few

zimonami
06-29-2010, 10:42 PM
yo this thread is insane. 378 freaking pages. ridiculous
</P>

Hey, 609. Come on back and add to it.</P>

You're from Bethpage?</P>

The Black?</P>

Between 1961 and 1967 I played the Black about 30 times. It surely wasn't what it is today... it's matured. Behind the 8th, the hill was like all Beach Sand, a few scrub brushes, and one poor tree about 8 ft. tall. Now it's all green.</P>

There were no tees that had any grass... lol But, all the greensand fairwayswere excellent</P>

But, it was the toughest damned course we knew of.. We always said that if the Pros played iy, they'd be lucky to break par for 4 rnds.. Not too many have.</P>

Not one trap was ever raked, except by the guys I played with... we were all caddies from Glen head Country Club, and raking was ingrained. I actually started caddying in '58 when there were no carts. $9.00 for a double 18. Times have changed</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
06-30-2010, 12:52 AM

Z

Frank Gifford
Emlen Tunnell
Tom Landry
Rosey Brown
Sam Huff
Andy Robustelli

Rosey Grier
Kyle Rote
Alex Webster
Charlie Conerly
Jimmy Patton
**** Modzelewski
Jim Katcavage

Just to name a few

add Don Maynard to that list of HOFers

jints10
06-30-2010, 07:47 AM
http://www.helmethut.com/Giants/lovetere.jpg</p>

Name these 2 Giants....................one is easy</p>

Z</p>
Jim Katcavage and Rosey Grier

YATittle1962
06-30-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.helmethut.com/Giants/lovetere.jpg</p>

Name these 2 Giants....................one is easy</p>

Z</p>

that looks like a white guy jints.......I think it may be Lovetere

ny06
06-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Z

Frank Gifford
Emlen Tunnell
Tom Landry
Rosey Brown
Sam Huff
Andy Robustelli

Rosey Grier
Kyle Rote
Alex Webster
Charlie Conerly
Jimmy Patton
**** Modzelewski
Jim Katcavage

Just to name a few

add Don Maynard to that list of HOFers

you are right, how did I forget him.

SEC105
06-30-2010, 10:21 AM

Z</P>

that looks like a white guy jints.......I think it may be Lovetere</P>

It's Katcavage and John Lovetere.........good player who's career was cut short by injuries</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Speaking of John Lovetere.............what year did we trade Rosey Grier to the Rams for "Big John"?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Speaking of John Lovetere.............what year did we trade Rosey Grier to the Rams for "Big John"?</P>

Z</P>

had to be 62 or 63.......I was just a wee tot

SEC105
06-30-2010, 03:52 PM

Z</P>

had to be 62 or 63.......I was just a wee tot</P>

Yup .......it was 63 YA</P>

Who was our last pick of the draft in 1963?.............a GREAT pick</P>

Z</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
06-30-2010, 04:03 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

*</P>

I actually know this......Homer Jones out of Texas Southern

best sleeper pick in Giant History

SEC105
06-30-2010, 04:15 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I actually know this......Homer Jones out of Texas Southern best sleeper pick in Giant History</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/171/767/AHomer_display_image.jpg</P>

That was him</P>

What year did he invent "The Spike" and against whom?</P>

Notpositive on this onemyself........but I'm sure you guys know[:D]</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

SEC105
07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
What 3 running backs had 1000 yard seasons with Maurice Carthon leading the way for them?. One was not with the Giants at that time he gained 1000 yards</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-01-2010, 12:33 PM
What 3 running backs had 1000 yard seasons with Maurice Carthon leading the way for them?. One was not with the Giants at that time he gained 1000 yards</P>

Z</P>

the two Giants have to be little Joe and OJ......

kennyv63
07-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Mo Carton also blocked for Herschel Walker when on the Generals!</P>

And I am thinking the Homer Jones first spike came against Cleveland as memory seves from when I was 5. I had the greatest poster of Homer in my room as a kid. Man I wish I still had that one. Posters were so cool as a kid, too bad they are so much about graphics now, not the players playing!</P>

</P>

SEC105
07-01-2010, 03:52 PM

And I am thinking the Homer Jones first spike came against Cleveland as memory seves from when I was 5. I had the greatest poster of Homer in my room as a kid. Man I wish I still had that one. Posters were so cool as a kid, too bad they are so much about graphics now, not the players playing!</P>

</P>

</P>

Thats the 3 gang......Little Joe Morris , OJ Anderson and Herschel Walker [with the NJ Generals]</P>

I'm guessing Homers first spike that you mentioned happened in 1965? We drafted himin 1963. He was recovering from a serious knee injury in college and did not really break out till 1965. At least thats how I remember it....mostly from reading about his life story</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Mo Carton also blocked for Herschel Walker when on the Generals!</p>

And I am thinking the Homer Jones first spike came against Cleveland as memory seves from when I was 5. I had the greatest poster of Homer in my room as a kid. Man I wish I still had that one. Posters were so cool as a kid, too bad they are so much about graphics now, not the players playing!</p>

</p>i agree about a bazillion %,kenny.believe it or not,there are sites online to get good,undoctored posters,and there are stores that still do it too!

SEC105
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM

</P>

i agree about a bazillion %,kenny.believe it or not,there are sites online to get good,undoctored posters,and there are stores that still do it too!
</P>

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&amp;keywords=giants+football+posters&amp;tag=goog hydr-20&amp;index=aps&amp;hvadid=4307436527&amp;ref=pd_sl_63mw4npds t_b</P>

One of the Giants poster sites</P>

Z</P>

keyofgmen
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

*</P>

I actually know this......Homer Jones out of Texas Southern best sleeper pick in Giant History</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/171/767/AHomer_display_image.jpg</P>

That was him</P>

What year did he invent "The Spike" and against whom?</P>

Not*positive on this one*myself........but I'm sure you guys know[:D]</P>

Z</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Year was 1965, but I can't remember against who. I know this fact is on this thread somewhere. I remember discussing it.

His most famous one though was his last. It was on the very 1st MNF as a Cleveland Brown against the Jets after running back a 94 yard TD kickoff return.

YATittle1962
07-02-2010, 10:21 AM
speaking of the great Homer Jones.......he was called something by his teammates .......

what was Homers nickname?

Z

eli#10nyg
07-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Z</P>

</P>

otis anderson would be one of them, he got his 1000 with the cardinals right?</P>

ny06
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
speaking of the great Homer Jones.......he was called something by his teammates .......

Z

I was just reading this a few months ago. Former Giant great Emlen Tunnell who was the db coach at the time. Nicknames Jones Seabiscuit, cause of how fast he was.

ny06
07-02-2010, 10:44 AM

Z</P>

</P>

otis anderson would be one of them, he got his 1000 with the cardinals right?</P>

The questioned was answered; it was OJ, Morris and Herschel Walker with the NJ Generals.

YATittle1962
07-02-2010, 11:45 AM

Z

I was just reading this a few months ago. Former Giant great Emlen Tunnell who was the db coach at the time. Nicknames Jones Seabiscuit, cause of how fast he was.

didnt know that one....thanks for that 06....

but he was known as something else by his teammates

SEC105
07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
speaking of the great Homer Jones.......he was called something by his teammates ....... what was Homers nickname? Z I was just reading this a few months ago. Former Giant great Emlen Tunnell who was the db coach at the time. Nicknames Jones Seabiscuit, cause of how fast he was. didnt know that one....thanks for that 06.... but he was known as something else by his teammates</P>

Great question...................Homer was known as "Rhino" to the guys that played with him. He was HUGE[6-2 and about 210]for his day and time. NO WR's were that big and that fast. Thanks fellas</P>

Z</P>

ny06
07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I did not know that one, Rhino fits him well. Wasnít he the first real big WR?

SEC105
07-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I did not know that one, Rhino fits him well. Wasnít he the first real big WR?</P>

NY06...Homer was "Rhino"............big and fast for his time........you gotta come to a game this year Man!!!.....You're more than invited Kiddo..........great knowledge</P>

YATittle1962
07-03-2010, 10:47 AM
speaking of the great Homer Jones.......he was called something by his teammates ....... what was Homers nickname? Z I was just reading this a few months ago. Former Giant great Emlen Tunnell who was the db coach at the time. Nicknames Jones Seabiscuit, cause of how fast he was. didnt know that one....thanks for that 06.... but he was known as something else by his teammates</P>

Great question...................Homer was known as "Rhino" to the guys that played* with him. He was HUGE[6-2 and about 210]*for his day and time. NO WR's were that big and that fast. Thanks fellas</P>

Z</P>

nice call SEC.......Rhino it was.....and a fitting name at that......

Homer was the very first WR that I had ever seen just run past people.......

I wonder what he looked like before that knee injury before he came into the league............if he was any faster than he was after it .....it may have not even been fair to any DBs in the league..... ;)

rbcarpenter
07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
speaking of the great Homer Jones.......he was called something by his teammates ....... what was Homers nickname? Z I was just reading this a few months ago. Former Giant great Emlen Tunnell who was the db coach at the time. Nicknames Jones Seabiscuit, cause of how fast he was. didnt know that one....thanks for that 06.... but he was known as something else by his teammates</p>

Great question...................Homer was known as "Rhino" to the guys that played with him. He was HUGE[6-2 and about 210]for his day and time. NO WR's were that big and that fast. Thanks fellas</p>

Z</p>

I wonder what he looked like before that knee injury before he came into the league............if he was any faster than he was after it .....it may have not even been fair to any DBs in the league..... ;)hey,yat,you might know being a long-time fan and all......did it seem to you that jones had a problem remembering the playbook or running his patterns(to a point)and then free-lancing?i seem to remember reading this on a few occaisions and was wondering about your thoughts on it.

YATittle1962
07-03-2010, 03:58 PM
speaking of the great Homer Jones.......he was called something by his teammates ....... what was Homers nickname? Z I was just reading this a few months ago. Former Giant great Emlen Tunnell who was the db coach at the time. Nicknames Jones Seabiscuit, cause of how fast he was. didnt know that one....thanks for that 06.... but he was known as something else by his teammates</p>

Great question...................Homer was known as "Rhino" to the guys that played* with him. He was HUGE[6-2 and about 210]*for his day and time. NO WR's were that big and that fast. Thanks fellas</p>

Z</p>

I wonder what he looked like before that knee injury before he came into the league............if he was any faster than he was after it .....it may have not even been fair to any DBs in the league..... ;)hey,yat,you might know being a long-time fan and all......did it seem to you that jones had a problem remembering the playbook or running his patterns(to a point)and then free-lancing?i seem to remember reading this on a few occaisions and was wondering about your thoughts on it.

I was pretty young....so I dont think I payed attention to details like that yet.....

but it did seem like he was either always running a go route......or improvising on a broken play......

his speed dominated just about everyone......and it looked weird cus he was so big

keyofgmen
07-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I have a memory of Homer Jones, but I can't place it exactly. Giants were beating Saints and near end of game, 3-4 Saints piled on Homer in the back of the endzone and were pounding on him. I remember my father was going crazy screaming for other Giants to go help him, but I don't remember what came of it.

For years I hated the Saints as "dirty" players.

ny06
07-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I did not know that one, Rhino fits him well. Wasnít he the first real big WR?</P>

NY06...Homer was "Rhino"............big and fast for his time........you gotta come to a game this year Man!!!.....You're more than invited Kiddo..........great knowledge</P>

Are you going to the Lions game with all the guys from thee thread?

I am going to try real hard to make it to a game this year.

YATittle1962
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
at the end of the first half of Superbowl XLII.......

New England had the second least first half yards in Superbowl history.......

who were they second to ?

and what Superbowl was it?

zimonami
07-03-2010, 10:37 PM
at the end of the first half of Superbowl XLII....... New England had the second least first half yards in Superbowl history....... who were they second to ? and what Superbowl was it?</P>

I'll say SB XXXV, 2001, Ravens/Giants. Giants with least first half points.</P>

rbcarpenter
07-03-2010, 11:53 PM

and what Superbowl was it?i will say super bowl xx,the new england patriots.

YATittle1962
07-04-2010, 11:26 PM

....and you would be right sir

rbcarpenter
07-05-2010, 12:41 PM

....and you would be right sirjust saw that factoid on america's game a few days ago![Y]

zimonami
07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
at the end of the first half of Superbowl XLII....... New England had the second least first half yards in Superbowl history....... who were they second to ? and what Superbowl was it?i will say super bowl xx,the new england patriots.
....and you would be right sirjust saw that factoid on america's game a few days ago![Y]
</P>

As soon as I saw your answer I knew you were right, rbc. That was an embarrassing loss for NE... and the game Ditka let the Fridge get a TD instead of thinking of Payton.</P>

YATittle1962
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
at the end of the first half of Superbowl XLII....... New England had the second least first half yards in Superbowl history....... who were they second to ? and what Superbowl was it?i will say super bowl xx,the new england patriots.
</P>

As soon as I saw your answer I knew you were right, rbc.* That was an embarrassing loss for NE... and the game Ditka let the Fridge get a TD instead of thinking of Payton.</P>

Ive always felt horribly about that...........sweetness deserved that more than anyone on the field that day

rbcarpenter
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
</p>

As soon as I saw your answer I knew you were right, rbc. That was an embarrassing loss for NE... and the game Ditka let the Fridge get a TD instead of thinking of Payton.</p>

Ive always felt horribly about that...........sweetness deserved that more than anyone on the field that dayyou are both very right about that.seeing as how he was the face of the franchise for the better part of a decade,i think ditka should have been paying a little more attention to what was going on and who scored,even tho on a.g. he did say that he always regretted it.

minhduybk09
07-06-2010, 02:02 PM
hahahaha very nice, thanks

YATittle1962
07-06-2010, 10:10 PM

keep your crap out of this thread.......

off the boards for that matter!!!!

jomo
07-06-2010, 10:18 PM

This is your brain on drugs.

ny06
07-06-2010, 10:19 PM

keep your crap out of this thread.......

off the boards for that matter!!!!

Maybe this will keep him out.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2chb8zt.jpg

zimonami
07-06-2010, 10:26 PM

keep your crap out of this thread....... off the boards for that matter!!!! Maybe this will keep him out. http://i47.tinypic.com/2chb8zt.jpg</P>

is this a candidate for a newGiant mascot?</P>

ny06
07-06-2010, 10:30 PM

keep your crap out of this thread....... off the boards for that matter!!!! Maybe this will keep him out. http://i47.tinypic.com/2chb8zt.jpg</P>

is this a candidate for a new*Giant mascot?</P>

sure, it can scare the hell out of the opponents lol

YATittle1962
07-06-2010, 10:46 PM

is this a candidate for a new*Giant mascot?</P>

down boy!

jints10
07-07-2010, 07:38 AM

keep your crap out of this thread....... off the boards for that matter!!!! Maybe this will keep him out. http://i47.tinypic.com/2chb8zt.jpg</p>

is this a candidate for a newGiant mascot?</p>

down boy!
Lets go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs

SEC105
07-07-2010, 04:02 PM

is this a candidate for a newGiant mascot?</P>

sure, it can scare the hell out of the opponents lol down boy!
Lets go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs
</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHl1JKa0aRE&amp;feature=related</P>

That troll deserved the pounding he took lol nice job gang!</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-07-2010, 04:03 PM
What Giant QB was sacked 10 times in one game?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM

Z</P>

was it Simms?

I remember him getting pumbled in a game quite a few times.....I think it was against Chicago

not sure if it was 10 though.....

could also be Eli come to think of it....vs. Eagles ?

maybe Brunner.......?

cant wait for the answer to this one

SEC105
07-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Z</P>

was it Simms? I remember him getting pumbled in a game quite a few times.....I think it was against Chicago not sure if it was 10 though..... could also be Eli come to think of it....vs. Eagles ? maybe Brunner.......? cant wait for the answer to this one</P>

The one I'm positive of is Simms...... 1980 @ San Fran. He took a beating early on in his career.... Could be a few others though</P>

Z</P>

ny06
07-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Z</P>

was it Simms? I remember him getting pumbled in a game quite a few times.....I think it was against Chicago not sure if it was 10 though..... could also be Eli come to think of it....vs. Eagles ? maybe Brunner.......? cant wait for the answer to this one</P>

The one I'm positive of is Simms.*..... 1980 @ San Fran.*** He took a beating early on in his career.... Could be a few others though</P>

Z</P>

It def has to be Simms. My second guess would have been Kerry Collins

rbcarpenter
07-08-2010, 03:28 AM
What Giant QB was sacked 10 times in one game?</p>

Z</p>

was it Simms? I remember him getting pumbled in a game quite a few times.....I think it was against Chicago not sure if it was 10 though..... could also be Eli come to think of it....vs. Eagles ? maybe Brunner.......? cant wait for the answer to this one</p>

The one I'm positive of is Simms...... 1980 @ San Fran. He took a beating early on in his career.... Could be a few others though</p>

Z</p>

It def has to be Simms. My second guess would have been Kerry Collinsi would also think conerley,read about some horrific beatings he took,but they didn't keep sack stats back then.

YATittle1962
07-08-2010, 10:42 AM
1995 season.......starting D line.....

left side = Strahan, Hamilton.

off the top of your head....name the right side of that line.

Z

rbcarpenter
07-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Zray agnew and robert harris,but chad bradzke would take the tackle job the following year i believe.

rbcarpenter
07-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Zray agnew and robert harris,but chad bradzke would take the tackle job the following year i believe.

YATittle1962
07-08-2010, 11:27 AM

nailed it as always

zimonami
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
1995 season.......starting D line..... left side = Strahan, Hamilton. off the top of your head....name the right side of that line. Zray agnew and robert harris,but chad bradzke would take the tackle job the following year i believe.
\</P>

You da' man, rbc. I forgot about Agnew. Bratzke was one I didn't want to lose... had a motor and did well for Indy.</P>

YATittle1962
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
1995 season.......starting D line..... left side = Strahan, Hamilton. off the top of your head....name the right side of that line. Zray agnew and robert harris,but chad bradzke would take the tackle job the following year i believe.
\</P>

You da' man, rbc.* I forgot about Agnew.* Bratzke was one I didn't want to lose... had a motor and did well for Indy.</P>

yeah ...hated to lose Bratzke.....he sure was a big sumbich

SEC105
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/76767191-8EA2-4A1C-97A5-C6FDA5D752F0/BE061748.jpg</P>

How many Giants can we name in this picture. I'm positive on 4</P>

Edit: The year is 1964</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/76767191-8EA2-4A1C-97A5-C6FDA5D752F0/BE061748.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

20- Jimmy Patton; 26 - ?; 51 - ?; 72 - Andy Stynchula; 76 - J. Lovetere; 82 - Tom Scott</P>

</P>

The ball carrier is Jim Brown, of course. Where's Sam when you need him?</P>

YATittle1962
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Edit:* The year is 1964</P>

Z</P>

</P>

20- Jimmy Patton;* 26 - ?;* 51 - ?;* 72 - Andy Stynchula;* 76 - J. Lovetere;* 82 - Tom Scott</P>

*</P>

The ball carrier is Jim Brown, of course.* Where's Sam when you need him?</P>

pretty sure #51 is Joe Slaby........he was a Giants draft pick....never did much.....

not sure on the others

jints10
07-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Hey did you guys hear about the new Eagles iphone?

It only vibrates , has no rings

rbcarpenter
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM

good one,i will have to use that later today.

YATittle1962
07-09-2010, 10:31 AM

love it love it love it......Im texting it to my nephew as we speak......

the check is in the mail jints ;)

ny06
07-09-2010, 10:35 AM

Edit:* The year is 1964</P>

Z</P>

</P>

20- Jimmy Patton;* 26 - ?;* 51 - ?;* 72 - Andy Stynchula;* 76 - J. Lovetere;* 82 - Tom Scott</P>

*</P>

The ball carrier is Jim Brown, of course.* Where's Sam when you need him?</P>

#26 is former Colt Andy Nelson

zimonami
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
#26 is former Colt Andy Nelson</P>

WTG, 06. YA gots Slaby, so that should be all of them</P>

YATittle1962
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
* #26 is former Colt Andy Nelson</P>

WTG, 06.* YA gots Slaby, so that should be all of them</P>

Zimmy why do I have no recollection of Andy Nelson?

rbcarpenter
07-09-2010, 02:02 PM
#26 is former Colt Andy Nelson</p>

WTG, 06. YA gots Slaby, so that should be all of them</p>

Zimmy why do I have no recollection of Andy Nelson?check your pm,ya!

ny06
07-09-2010, 02:21 PM
* #26 is former Colt Andy Nelson</P>

WTG, 06.* YA gots Slaby, so that should be all of them</P>

Zimmy why do I have no recollection of Andy Nelson?

Only played one season with the Giants.

Was on the Colts championship team of "58, 59

zimonami
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
#26 is former Colt Andy Nelson</P>

WTG, 06. YA gots Slaby, so that should be all of them</P>

Zimmy why do I have no recollection of Andy Nelson? Only played one season with the Giants. Was on the Colts championship team of "58, 59</P>

I remembered Slaby when you got him, but I don't remember Nelson... only 1 yr with us is surely the reason.</P>

zimonami
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
1985 season... name 2 players who threw passes besides Simms

ny06
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
1985 season... name 2 players who threw passes besides Simms

If I recall Sean Landeta had a fake punt against the Cowboys?

zimonami
07-09-2010, 10:01 PM
1985 season... name 2 players who threw passes besides Simms If I recall Sean Landeta had a fake punt against the Cowboys?</P>

Yup, Landeta.</P>

One more... not another QB (bad year for being the backup)</P>

jomo
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
1985 season... name 2 players who threw passes besides Simms If I recall Sean Landeta had a fake punt against the Cowboys?</P>

Yup, Landeta.</P>

One more... not another QB (bad year for being the backup)</P>Wild guess Bahr?

zimonami
07-09-2010, 11:57 PM

Yup, Landeta.</P>

Wild guess Bahr?</P>

good guess, jomo, but not the man.</P>

zimonami
07-10-2010, 12:01 AM

Yup, Landeta.</P>

Wild guess Bahr?</P>

</P>

here's a fact that might, or might not, tell you something... he did not play for the Giants in 1986.</P>

rbcarpenter
07-10-2010, 02:46 AM
1985 season... name 2 players who threw passes besides Simms If I recall Sean Landeta had a fake punt against the Cowboys?</p>

Yup, Landeta.</p>

One more... not another QB (bad year for being the backup)</p>

Wild guess Bahr?</p>

good guess, jomo, but not the man.</p>

</p>

here's a fact that might, or might not, tell you something... he did not play for the Giants in 1986.</p>galbreath on an option to simms?

YATittle1962
07-10-2010, 09:34 AM
1985 season... name 2 players who threw passes besides Simms If I recall Sean Landeta had a fake punt against the Cowboys?</p>

Yup, Landeta.</p>

Wild guess Bahr?</p>

</p>

here's a fact that might, or might not, tell you something... he did not play for the Giants in 1986.</p>galbreath on an option to simms?

was that the one Simms dropped?

I remember one of the backs throwing a pass......cannot remember who it was........wasnt one of the starters.....

could have been Galbreath......I know it wasnt Morris or Carthon.......

cant wait for the answer

great one Zim

rbcarpenter
07-10-2010, 10:13 AM

Yup, Landeta.</p>

Wild guess Bahr?</p>

</p>

I remember one of the backs throwing a pass......cannot remember who it was........wasnt one of the starters.....

cant wait for the answer

great one Zimi think so.but that clue is weighing on my brain,could also be my man george adams.[*-)]

YATittle1962
07-10-2010, 10:35 AM

Yup, Landeta.</p>

Wild guess Bahr?</p>

</p>

cant wait for the answer

great one Zimi think so.but that clue is weighing on my brain,could also be my man george adams.[*-)]

ahhhhhh....G. Adams.....interesting.....

he did get some snaps in '85 and was not a Giant for the '86 season.....but was back in '87

rbcarpenter
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM

Yup, Landeta.</p>

Wild guess Bahr?</p>

</p>

cant wait for the answer

ahhhhhh....G. Adams.....interesting.....

he did get some snaps in '85 and was not a Giant for the '86 season.....but was back in '87yep,stayed with the g-men thru '89,then went to new england for 90+91.

zimonami
07-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Yup, Landeta.</P>

Wild guess Bahr?</P>

</P>

here's a fact that might, or might not, tell you something... he did not play for the Giants in 1986.</P>

galbreath on an option to simms?
was that the one Simms dropped? I remember one of the backs throwing a pass......cannot remember who it was........wasnt one of the starters..... could have been Galbreath......I know it wasnt Morris or Carthon....... cant wait for the answer great one Zimi think so.but that clue is weighing on my brain,could also be my man george adams.[*-)]
ahhhhhh....G. Adams.....interesting..... he did get some snaps in '85 and was not a Giant for the '86 season.....but was back in '87yep,stayed with the g-men thru '89,then went to new england for 90+91.
</P>

You da' Man, again, rbc. </P>

Idon't know if it was to Simms... My brain tells me that YA is correct about galbreath being the one... when Simms blew his chance.</P>

I can't remember what injury sidelined Adams in '86... but, can you imagine being on the team '85, '87, '88, and '89... and, the year you missed was the SB year. I wonder if he got a ring?</P>

rbcarpenter
07-11-2010, 02:15 AM

Yup, Landeta.</p>

Wild guess Bahr?</p>

</p>

here's a fact that might, or might not, tell you something... he did not play for the Giants in 1986.</p>

galbreath on an option to simms?
was that the one Simms dropped? I remember one of the backs throwing a pass......cannot remember who it was........wasnt one of the starters..... could have been Galbreath......I know it wasnt Morris or Carthon....... cant wait for the answer great one Zimi think so.but that clue is weighing on my brain,could also be my man george adams.[*-)]
ahhhhhh....G. Adams.....interesting..... he did get some snaps in '85 and was not a Giant for the '86 season.....but was back in '87yep,stayed with the g-men thru '89,then went to new england for 90+91.
</p>

You da' Man, again, rbc. </p>

Idon't know if it was to Simms... My brain tells me that YA is correct about galbreath being the one... when Simms blew his chance.</p>

I can't remember what injury sidelined Adams in '86... but, can you imagine being on the team '85, '87, '88, and '89... and, the year you missed was the SB year. I wonder if he got a ring?</p>it was some kind of weird degenerative hip injury......even though he was ir'ed for all of '86,those guys do get a ring,i believe.

minhduybk09
07-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Lol ! <font size="4">I believe it was Ron Johnson in'72, and Ithink He owns a
couple of KFC's. ! Thanks

</font>

YATittle1962
07-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Lol ! <font size="4">I believe it was Ron Johnson in'72, and I*think He owns a
couple of KFC's. ! Thanks

</font>

PLEASE...keep your advertisement crap out of this thread.....!!!!!!

I really really dont want to have to go to the Mods and have you permanently booted.....

trust me no one around here cares about whatever you are trying to sell......

now do the right thing and go away

patsrule666
07-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Z</P>

</P>

20- Jimmy Patton; 26 - ?; 51 - ?; 72 - Andy Stynchula; 76 - J. Lovetere; 82 - Tom Scott</P>

</P>

Jim Brown is the only player i recognized in the photo, and im pretty proud of myself for doing so..[:$]</P>

Love the old pics guys........</P>

Peace.</P>

YATittle1962
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
when was the last time the Giants defense had more than 20 interceptions in a season?

when was the last time the Giants defense had more than 30 interceptions in a season?

rbcarpenter
07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
when was the last time the Giants defense had more than 20 interceptions in a season?off the top of my head i will say 1997,great ball hawking defense!

YATittle1962
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
when was the last time the Giants defense had more than 20 interceptions in a season?off the top of my head i will say 1997,great ball hawking defense!

nailed in rbc

when was the last time they had more than 30 int in a season?

zimonami
07-12-2010, 01:32 AM
nailed in rbc when was the last time they had more than 30 int in a season?</P>

I'm ready for bed, but will think on it. I'm thinking Patton/Lynch years.</P>

ny06
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM

I think your right Zim, I think it will have to be in the '60s. I will say 63?

SEC105
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Jim Brown is the only player i recognized in the photo, and im pretty proud of myself for doing so..[:$]</P>

Love the old pics guys........</P>

Peace.</P>

</P>

Nice job naming them all gang...............no. 26 Andy Nelson had me baffled also. For some reason I don't recall him playing for the Giants</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM

I think your right Zim, I think it will have to be in the '60s. I will say 63?</P>

The early 60s sounds right to me too. **** Lynch , Jimmy Patton, Erich Barnes etc......I'll guess 1962</P>

Z </P>

SEC105
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.benlippen.com/images/stories/PICTURE-OF-BILL.jpg</P>

Speaking of interceptions....who is this former Giant DB and how many ints. did he return for a touchdown</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.benlippen.com/images/stories/PICTURE-OF-BILL.jpg</p>

Speaking of interceptions....who is this former Giant DB and how many ints. did he return for a touchdown</p>

Z</p>this would be bill currier,#29,aquired in a trade with the pats prior to the 1981 season.smart,cerebral player,but could hit like a truck.only td was in the infamous 20-20 tie mnf game against the cards.oh,the reason i knew so much without looking is that he was one of my favorite players on that '81 d,and met him at a charity dinner,so i knew what he looked like.[:$]

keyofgmen
07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
http://www.benlippen.com/images/stories/PICTURE-OF-BILL.jpg</p>

Speaking of interceptions....who is this former Giant DB and how many ints. did he return for a touchdown</p>

Z</p>this would be bill currier,#29,aquired in a trade with the pats prior to the 1981 season.smart,cerebral player,but could hit like a truck.only td was in the infamous 20-20 tie mnf game against the cards.oh,the reason i knew so much without looking is that he was one of my favorite players on that '81 d,and met him at a charity dinner,so i knew what he looked like.[:$]

I'm impressed RbC

SEC105
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM

Speaking of interceptions....who is this former Giant DB and how many ints. did he return for a touchdown</P>

Z</P>

this would be bill currier,#29,aquired in a trade with the pats prior to the 1981 season.smart,cerebral player,but could hit like a truck.only td was in the infamous 20-20 tie mnf game against the cards.oh,the reason i knew so much without looking is that he was one of my favorite players on that '81 d,and met him at a charity dinner,so i knew what he looked like.[:$]
I'm impressed RbC</P>

Wow nice one RBC [Y].............thats Bill and he did have that one int. returned for a TD</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Z</P>

this would be bill currier,#29,aquired in a trade with the pats prior to the 1981 season.smart,cerebral player,but could hit like a truck.only td was in the infamous 20-20 tie mnf game against the cards.oh,the reason i knew so much without looking is that he was one of my favorite players on that '81 d,and met him at a charity dinner,so i knew what he looked like.[:$]
I'm impressed RbC</P>

Wow nice one RBC [Y].............thats Bill and he did have that one int. returned for a TD</P>

Z</P>

</P>

good job, rbc. I liked Currier alot, too. I don't remember his INT TD in that game, but I do remember the game and how futile both offenses were. It was an embarrassing tie.</P>

zimonami
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM

I think your right Zim, I think it will have to be in the '60s. I will say 63?</P>

The early 60s sounds right to me too. **** Lynch , Jimmy Patton, Erich Barnes etc......I'll guess 1962</P>

Z </P>

</P>

I was gonna say '61... YA's first year... that was a good team. But, if '63 is also correctthen RBC is closest, again. That was the last really good year for the D in many a moon.</P>

I say we stringRBC up, and break his typing fingers.</P>

You thought we were all old, mellow guys on here? We are Gmen fans... bone crushers.</P>

YATittle1962
07-12-2010, 08:32 PM

Z** </P>

</P>

I was gonna say '61... YA's first year... that was a good team.* But, if '63 is also correct*then RBC is closest, again. That was the last really good year for the D in many a moon.</P>

I say we string*RBC up, and break his typing fingers.</P>

You thought we were all old, mellow guys on here?* *We are Gmen fans... bone crushers.</P>

1963 it was.....34 ints

hell of a defense

rbcarpenter
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
nailed in rbc when was the last time they had more than 30 int in a season?</p>

I'm ready for bed, but will think on it. I'm thinking Patton/Lynch years.</p>

I think your right Zim, I think it will have to be in the '60s. I will say 63?</p>

The early 60s sounds right to me too. **** Lynch , Jimmy Patton, Erich Barnes etc......I'll guess 1962</p>

Z </p>

</p>

I was gonna say '61... YA's first year... that was a good team. But, if '63 is also correctthen RBC is closest, again. That was the last really good year for the D in many a moon.</p>

I say we stringRBC up, and break his typing fingers.</p>

You thought we were all old, mellow guys on here? We are Gmen fans... bone crushers.</p>w-w-w-w-WHHHHAAAAT?dang,i guess i won't be standing next to you at the pittsburgh tailgate.(btw,i didn't even hazard a guess at 30 ints)just kiddin' zim![:D]

zimonami
07-12-2010, 10:45 PM

Z </P>

</P>

I was gonna say '61... YA's first year... that was a good team. But, if '63 is also correctthen RBC is closest, again. That was the last really good year for the D in many a moon.</P>

You thought we were all old, mellow guys on here? We are Gmen fans... bone crushers.</P>

w-w-w-w-WHHHHAAAAT?dang,i guess i won't be standing next to you at the pittsburgh tailgate.(btw,i didn't even hazard a guess at 30 ints)just kiddin' zim![:D]
</P>

geez, rbc... my bad...lol. I saw '63 and it sounded good, and I didn't look to see who wrote it... I just assumed the correct answer had to have come from you.</P>

Also my bad, cuz NY06 is danged good, and he was the one who nailed it. sorry, 'o6, mea culpa</P>

So, we'll be cool at the game, rbc. It'll be ny06 that we'll pick on.</P>

YATittle1962
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM

Z** </P>

</P>

I was gonna say '61... YA's first year... that was a good team.* But, if '63 is also correct*then RBC is closest, again. That was the last really good year for the D in many a moon.</P>

I say we string*RBC up, and break his typing fingers.</P>

You thought we were all old, mellow guys on here?* *We are Gmen fans... bone crushers.</P>

hhahahaha zim you got me rollin......

ggggrrrrrrrr bone crushers.......love it

ny06
07-12-2010, 11:22 PM
You guys are great, love this thread.

I have learned so much about the Giants.

Canít wait for the season.

Go Big Blue...

zimonami
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM

Z </P>

</P>

hhahahaha zim you got me rollin...... ggggrrrrrrrr bone crushers.......love it</P>

If ya can't be on the field cracking heads, ya gots to be able to have some outlet. Just don't throw snowballs at the players and refs</P>

jints10
07-14-2010, 07:35 AM
George Steinbrener got to heaven and took one look at Jesus and said.

cut that hair and shave that beard

YATittle1962
07-14-2010, 09:46 AM

hahahahhaaaaaa.......

I was just talking to a friend last night .....we were wondering why he let Guidry, Gossage, Munson, Mattingly, Reggie Jackson.....and all those guys wear the long hair, mustache, and mutton chops.........

my friend (who is a Giants encyclopedia like we are) told me that Steinbrenner ....who had just purchased the Yankees in Jan. of 1973....had a meeting with Wellington Mara and told Well that he wanted the NY Giants out of the Stadium whether the stadium was going to be under construction or not .....

I had never heard this.....do you guys know anything about this?

zimonami
07-14-2010, 11:01 AM

hahahahhaaaaaa....... I was just talking to a friend last night .....we were wondering why he let Guidry, Gossage, Munson, Mattingly, Reggie Jackson.....and all those guys wear the long hair, mustache, and mutton chops......... my friend (who is a Giants encyclopedia like we are) told me that Steinbrenner ....who had just purchased the Yankees in Jan. of 1973....had a meeting with Wellington Mara and told Well that he wanted the NY Giants out of the Stadium whether the stadium was going to be under construction or not ..... I had never heard this.....do you guys know anything about this?</P>

I never heard this, but it's not surprising. Is this what forced the Giant's hand to build? Or, had the Giants already been planning to build? Anyone know when the decision was made to build Giant Stadium?</P>

Regardless, I'm glad. Yankee Stadium wasn't fan friendly for seating at a football field.</P>

jints10
07-14-2010, 12:29 PM

hahahahhaaaaaa....... I was just talking to a friend last night .....we were wondering why he let Guidry, Gossage, Munson, Mattingly, Reggie Jackson.....and all those guys wear the long hair, mustache, and mutton chops......... my friend (who is a Giants encyclopedia like we are) told me that Steinbrenner ....who had just purchased the Yankees in Jan. of 1973....had a meeting with Wellington Mara and told Well that he wanted the NY Giants out of the Stadium whether the stadium was going to be under construction or not ..... I had never heard this.....do you guys know anything about this?</p>

I never heard this, but it's not surprising. Is this what forced the Giant's hand to build? Or, had the Giants already been planning to build? Anyone know when the decision was made to build Giant Stadium?</p>

Regardless, I'm glad. Yankee Stadium wasn't fan friendly for seating at a football field.</p>
Interesting never heard that before either.......but "73" is only 3 years before the "76" that Giants Stadium opened. I would think something was at least in the works.

I may be spoiled now but looking back..... watching games at Shea and Yankee stadium sucked with the infield and all.

YATittle1962
07-14-2010, 02:02 PM

hahahahhaaaaaa....... I was just talking to a friend last night .....we were wondering why he let Guidry, Gossage, Munson, Mattingly, Reggie Jackson.....and all those guys wear the long hair, mustache, and mutton chops......... my friend (who is a Giants encyclopedia like we are) told me that Steinbrenner ....who had just purchased the Yankees in Jan. of 1973....had a meeting with Wellington Mara and told Well that he wanted the NY Giants out of the Stadium whether the stadium was going to be under construction or not ..... I had never heard this.....do you guys know anything about this?</p>

I never heard this, but it's not surprising.* Is this what forced the Giant's hand to build?* Or, had the Giants already been planning to build?* Anyone know when the decision was made to build Giant Stadium?</p>

Regardless, I'm glad.* Yankee Stadium wasn't fan friendly for seating at a football field.</p>
Interesting never heard that before either.......but "73" is only 3 years before the "76" that Giants Stadium opened. I would think something was at least in the works.

I may be spoiled now but looking back..... watching games at Shea and Yankee stadium sucked with the infield and all.

I have nothing but fond memories of watching games at Yankee Stadium......but I had never been to a football stadium before that.....

when Giants Stadium opened in 76 it was immediately obvious to me that Yankee Stadium sucked for football

YATittle1962
07-15-2010, 11:11 AM
who was the last Giant to have 10 interceptions in one season?

Z

zimonami
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
who was the last Giant to have 10 interceptions in one season? Z</P>

I can only remember Jimmy Patton, sometime in the 60's. Can't remember anyone else since then.</P>

SEC105
07-16-2010, 04:52 PM

I can only remember Jimmy Patton, sometime in the 60's. Can't remember anyone else since then.</P>

</P>

I'm going to guess Spider Lockhart or maybe Willie Williams out of the later 60's</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-16-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjEmjNmAp8</P>

This linkdeserves to be in this thread.......Bob Sheppard introducing the Giants before our 17-0 win 1986 SB season</P>

His voice was Yankee and Giant Stadiums for many of us</P>

Read a good story about Phil "The Scooter" Rizzuto asking Bob what his best memory of Yankee Stadium was? "The Pat Summeral FG [in the snow]to beat the Browns in 1958" "Scooter" was thinking it would be a baseball memory...not quite Phil lol it was our Giants [:D]</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-17-2010, 12:12 PM

</P>

I'm going to guess Spider Lockhart or maybe Willie Williams out of the later 60's</P>

Z</P>

was Willie Williams 1968

byron
07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/Byron_037/34899_137185776304413_1000003897327.jpg?t=12793989 83</P>

hi Ya ..they call me purple collar... for now anyway...</P>

hope everybody doing good in the "did you know" thread...just wanted to say hello....football season can't get here soon ah enought for me .....</P>

</P>

byron</P>

zimonami
07-17-2010, 07:56 PM
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/Byron_037/34899_137185776304413_1000003897327.jpg?t=12793989 83</P>

hope everybody doing good in the "did you know" thread...just wanted to say hello....football season can't get here soon ah enought for me .....</P>

</P>

byron</P>

</P>

Hey, Byron. Hope you're doing well. </P>

That's a really cute pup.</P>

Roswell777
07-17-2010, 08:00 PM

hope everybody doing good in the "did you know" thread...just wanted to say hello....football season can't get here soon ah enought for me** .....</P>

*</P>

byron</P>

</P>

Hey, Byron.* Hope you're doing well.* </P>

hey guys

it's pictures like this that make me want to punch michael vick

byron
07-17-2010, 08:12 PM
</P>

</P>

byron</P>

</P>

That's a really cute pup.</P> thanks Zim..he is one of nine we have right now they had their first day outdoors they are so much fun......all is well I hope the same for you my friend

byron
07-17-2010, 08:18 PM
</P>

</P>

byron</P>

</P>

That's a really cute pup.</P> hey guys it's pictures like this that make me want to punch michael vick Hey Roswell one things for sure imo Mv will never live what he donedown and I take solace in that..

zimonami
07-17-2010, 08:41 PM

</P>

byron</P>

</P>

hey guys it's pictures like this that make me want to punch michael vick</P>

Hey, Ros.</P>

Yeah, I can't even imagine how you can want to see them in pain.</P>

YATittle1962
07-19-2010, 08:58 AM
one season......in 10 games I threw 7 TD and 22 interceptions......

what ex Giany QB am I?

ugh

ny06
07-19-2010, 10:13 AM

what ex Giany QB am I?

ugh

Scott Brunner?

SEC105
07-19-2010, 10:24 AM
one season......in 10 games I threw 7 TD and 22 interceptions...... what ex Giany QB am I? ugh Scott Brunner?</P>

http://www.tournamentshooters.com/SterlinJoeRon.jpg</P>

Here's my guess..............he's standing between Sterling Sharpe and Ron Jaworski. What former Giant QB is that?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-19-2010, 10:29 AM

</P>

byron</P>

</P>

Great looking Lab Byron...................another 3 months and he'll [she] willbe ready to hit the water I bet. Hope you are doing well SEC105</P>

PS just a few more weeks till training camp</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
07-19-2010, 10:39 AM

what ex Giany QB am I?

ugh

Patterson Flank Joe? It wouldn't surprise me if Dave Brown put together that type of season either.

YATittle1962
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
all good guesses guys but no one got it yet......

and I believe thats Joe "the pea shooter" Pisarcik standing next to Jaws

SEC105
07-19-2010, 10:54 AM
all good guesses guys but no one got it yet...... and I believe thats Joe "the pea shooter" Pisarcik standing next to Jaws</P>

Good call YA.....thats "The Pea shooter" Joe Pisarchik</P>

Going back aways.........how about Gary Wood?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-19-2010, 11:03 AM
all good guesses guys but no one got it yet...... and I believe thats Joe "the pea shooter" Pisarcik standing next to Jaws</P>

Z</P>

closer......but wasnt wood

SEC105
07-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Z</P>

closer......but wasnt wood</P>

How about Norm Snead? He had one good year [1972?] and then a really bad one as I recall</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-19-2010, 11:08 AM

Z</P>

How about Norm Snead? He had one good year [1972?] and then a really bad one as I recall</P>

Z</P>

Norm Snead 1973......played in 10 games....threw 7 TDs and 22 INT......

22!!!!!!!! in 10 games!!!!!!

imagine if there were message boards back then......

hahahaha

SEC105
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

Norm Snead 1973......played in 10 games....threw 7 TDs and 22 INT...... 22!!!!!!!! in 10 games!!!!!! imagine if there were message boards back then...... hahahaha</P>

LOL.....Snead would been roasted alive</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-19-2010, 12:05 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/16/168235.jpg</P>

Which former Giant player is no. 69?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
07-19-2010, 01:10 PM
That has to be Jonas Seawright?

SEC105
07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
That has to be Jonas Seawright?</P>

Thats HIM.........The Man , The Myth The Legend lol hope that thread is still around</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Name 2 Giants who punted AND returned punts</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
07-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Name 2 Giants who punted AND returned punts</p>

Z</p>wow,this is a tough one! don chandler,maybe?

SEC105
07-19-2010, 04:55 PM

Z</P>

wow,this is a tough one! don chandler,maybe?
</P>

Good guess RBC.......Chandler had plenty of punts but I don't believe he ever returned one</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Z</P>

wow,this is a tough one! don chandler,maybe?
</P>

Good guess RBC.......Chandler had plenty of punts but I don't believe he ever returned one</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I'm sure that Ernie Koy was one.</P>

zimonami
07-19-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll throw out Joe Morrison. Mr. Versatility. Somehow the answer has to be a running back who shifted into a punt formation and was used there at least 1 time

SEC105
07-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I'll throw out Joe Morrison. Mr. Versatility. Somehow the answer has to be a running back who shifted into a punt formation and was used there at least 1 time</P>

Don't believe Koy ever returned one but of course he was our punter for quite awhile. Good old Mr. Reliable Joe Morrison didreturn a few but did not punt any as far as I know. Great answers though Z</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-19-2010, 06:33 PM
I'll throw out Joe Morrison. Mr. Versatility. Somehow the answer has to be a running back who shifted into a punt formation and was used there at least 1 time</P>

Don't believe Koy ever returned one but of course he was our punter for quite awhile. Good old Mr. Reliable Joe Morrison didreturn a few but did not punt any as far as I know. Great answers though Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

lol... you got zero on this test, zimmy, but they were good wrong answers.</P>

Now I have to continue probing my meager memory... this is a good question, SEC.</P>

zimonami
07-19-2010, 06:37 PM
OK, we had another RB during Joe's time, named **** James. He was a punt returner... and possibly punted.</P>

Gotta be a RB, and more than likely not from recent (20-30) years.</P>

zimonami
07-19-2010, 06:40 PM
The wood is burning.</P>

How about Spider. I know he returned punts... maybe he also kicked a few?</P>

SEC105
07-19-2010, 07:36 PM
The wood is burning.</P>

</P>

Yup ,Spider is one the 2 I'm sure of. I did not have **** James in mind as the otherbut I think you might be on to something withhim. He may have done both , not positive. Still , he was NO Sam Huff thats for sure lol</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-19-2010, 08:22 PM
The wood is burning.</P>

</P>

Yup ,Spider is one the 2 I'm sure of. I did not have **** James in mind as the otherbut I think you might be on to something withhim. He may have done both , not positive. Still , he was NO Sam Huff thats for sure lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Well, then again, neither was Spider. Even Mrs. Huff wasn't Sam</P>

OK, so maybe James was, and maybe he wasn't. But, who was the 2nd one after Spider that you had in mind?</P>

SEC105
07-19-2010, 09:21 PM
The wood is burning.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

OK, so maybe James was, and maybe he wasn't. But, who was the 2nd one after Spider that you had in mind?</P>

</P>

DB Willie Williams ole no. 41 He punted and returned punts not to mention he was a ballhawk. YA had that question about who was the last Giant to have 10 interceptions in a season. Thats what reminded me of the other positions he played</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
The wood is burning.</P>

</P>

Yup ,*Spider is one the 2 I'm sure of. I did not have **** James in mind as the other*but I think you might be on to something with*him. He may have done both , not positive. Still , he was NO* Sam Huff thats for sure* lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

DB Willie Williams* ole no. 41****** He punted and returned punts not to mention he was a ballhawk. YA had that question about who was the last Giant to have 10 interceptions in a season. Thats what reminded me of the other positions he played</P>

Z</P>

I had no idea either of them punted.........

.....and this gentlemen........is why I love this thread

zimonami
07-19-2010, 10:01 PM
The wood is burning.</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

DB Willie Williams ole no. 41 He punted and returned punts not to mention he was a ballhawk. YA had that question about who was the last Giant to have 10 interceptions in a season. Thats what reminded me of the other positions he played</P>

Z</P>

I had no idea either of them punted......... .....and this gentlemen........is why I love this thread</P>

Ol' Willie... he was a good athlete. Always liked him. We always had a solid D Backfield in those first horror years after '63.</P>

YATittle1962
07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
ok fellas.....

who was the last Giant to have 5 INT in a season?
(just seeing if you are on your toes)

.....and who was the last player before him to have 5 or more INT?

.....and what year was it?

this is interesting

Z

zimonami
07-20-2010, 02:45 PM
ok fellas..... who was the last Giant to have 5 INT in a season? (just seeing if you are on your toes) .....and who was the last player before him to have 5 or more INT? .....and what year was it? this is interesting Z</P>

We've had a drought in INT's for awhile. I'd say the last time was in our 2000 SB year.</P>

Was percy Ellsworth with us then? I remember he had a few decent years in a row right about that time.</P>

This is a tough one. Between Tunnell, then Patton, Lynch, Spider and Williams we had many years there where our INT leader was getting around 10 a year. Sure would love for us to get another CB who can do that.</P>

ny06
07-20-2010, 02:49 PM
ok fellas.....

this is interesting

Z

Emmanuel McDaniel the year we lost to the ravens in the superbowl. I think he had 6. I liked him as a player, little cornerback

rbcarpenter
07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
ok fellas.....

this is interesting

Z

Emmanuel McDaniel the year we lost to the ravens in the superbowl. I think he had 6. I liked him as a player, little cornerbackif part one is correct,i would say the player before mcdaniel to have 5 picks would be sehorn in '97.probably had 7 or 8......

lawl
07-20-2010, 05:55 PM
tt just had 5 right

zimonami
07-20-2010, 05:58 PM
ok fellas..... who was the last Giant to have 5 INT in a season? (just seeing if you are on your toes) .....and who was the last player before him to have 5 or more INT? .....and what year was it? this is interesting Z Emmanuel McDaniel the year we lost to the ravens in the superbowl. I think he had 6. I liked him as a player, little cornerbackif part one is correct,i would say the player before mcdaniel to have 5 picks would be sehorn in '97.probably had 7 or 8......
</P>

rbc - I think Percy is sandwiched in there between Sehorn and McDaniel</P>

YATittle1962
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
tt just had 5 right

right on.....

T. Thomas had 5 last season.....and the last to have 5 or more before him was Emanuel McDaniel with 6 in 2000

nice job fellas

zimonami
07-20-2010, 09:40 PM
tt just had 5 right right on..... T. Thomas had 5 last season.....and the last to have 5 or more before him was Emanuel McDaniel with 6 in 2000 nice job fellas</P>

Hey, good job lawl... snuck in there with the little 'tt'</P>

rbcarpenter
07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
ok fellas..... who was the last Giant to have 5 INT in a season? (just seeing if you are on your toes) .....and who was the last player before him to have 5 or more INT? .....and what year was it? this is interesting Z Emmanuel McDaniel the year we lost to the ravens in the superbowl. I think he had 6. I liked him as a player, little cornerbackif part one is correct,i would say the player before mcdaniel to have 5 picks would be sehorn in '97.probably had 7 or 8......
</p>

rbc - I think Percy is sandwiched in there between Sehorn and McDaniel</p>you were right on that one,zim!

zimonami
07-21-2010, 01:00 PM
</P>

you were right on that one,zim!
</P>

every so often a miracle occurs...lol</P>

SEC105
07-21-2010, 04:23 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

What QB did Todd Blackledge beat out@ Penn State to win the starting job?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
07-21-2010, 04:28 PM
</p>

rbc - I think Percy is sandwiched in there between Sehorn and McDaniel</p>

</p>

every so often a miracle occurs...lol</p>

</p>

What QB did Todd Blackledge beat out@ Penn State to win the starting job?</p>

Z</p>hostetler,who then transferred to wv.

SEC105
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

What QB did Todd Blackledge beat out@ Penn State to win the starting job?</P>

Z</P>

hostetler,who then transferred to wv.
</P>

That is correct RBC</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
When Pat Summerall kicked his 49 yard FG in the snow vs Cleveland there was time left. The Browns got the ball back. What was the last offensive play for Browns? This game setup the "Greatest Game ever Played"</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
ryan getting sacked?

firstgamein49
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Don't think it was Ryan. How about Bratkowski or maybe Plum?

firstgamein49
07-21-2010, 06:37 PM
One other thing, the snow game set up a playoff against the Browns in the Stadium which the Giants won 10-0. IMHO, the '58 Giants had the best D in the history of the NFL because their O was very impotent.

rbcarpenter
07-21-2010, 06:48 PM
just wanted to give you guys going to the pittsburgh game a heads-up:i have just purchased my tix for the same game! am looking foward to hopefully meeting you guys face-to face!(NOW i have to get the parking pass.)

zimonami
07-21-2010, 07:55 PM
just wanted to give you guys going to the pittsburgh game a heads-up:i have just purchased my tix for the same game! am looking foward to hopefully meeting you guys face-to face!(NOW i have to get the parking pass.)
</P>

WTG, rbc. See ya there.</P>

YATittle1962
07-21-2010, 09:18 PM
When Pat Summerall kicked his 49 yard FG in the snow vs Cleveland there was time left. The Browns got the ball back. What was the last offensive play for Browns? This game setup the "Greatest Game ever Played"</P>

Z</P>

to the day he died....my old man swore that was a 65 yard field goal....

;)

SEC105
07-21-2010, 10:14 PM

Z</P>

</P>

to the day he died....my old man swore that was a 65 yard field goal.... ;)</P>

Thanks and Congrats.................400</P>

How did that game end YA?............My old man swore.....well you know the story[:D] </P>

GREAT THREAD DUDE!!!</P>

Love ya man SEC105 </P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-21-2010, 11:03 PM

Z</P>

</P>

How did that game end YA?............My old man swore.....well you know the story[:D] </P>

GREAT THREAD DUDE!!!</P>

Love ya man SEC105 </P>

Z</P>

</P>

Hey, Yeah... 400.</P>

That boring day you started this, YA, did you imagine 400 pages?</P>

WTG!</P>

There were the days that this thread was a life saving escape for me... Thank you, YA</P>

YATittle1962
07-22-2010, 08:13 AM

Z</P>

*</P>

GREAT THREAD DUDE!!!</P>

Love ya man***** SEC105 </P>

Z</P>

</P>

Hey, Yeah... 400.</P>

That boring day you started this, YA, did you imagine 400 pages?</P>

WTG!</P>

There were the days that this thread was a life saving escape for me... Thank you, YA</P>

it started as a little game to pass time last off season.....

thank you guys for always being there.........

you have been a shoulder for me to lean on through some tough times that maybe you havent even known about...........I hope I returned the favor a time or two as well.......

there were times during the season when this thread would be buried 3 pages deep under "kill KG" threads.......then come monday or tues. there she was back at the top.......that always brought a smile to my face

I never knew a thread on a message board could A. be such a joy......and B. teach me so much.

so I raise my glass of beer.... (well its 8 am so lets say cup of coffee) .....to the DID YOU KNOW?? veterans.....

Zimmy
SEC105
jints10
rbcarpenter
Roswell777
ny06
byron
keyofgmen
patsrule666

you guys are truly worth your weight in gold.....

I hope its possible for that list of veterans to be longer next year........

and if we do lose our beloved thread when the site changes over Im sure it will live on in our hearts.......

thank you guys for teaching this old codger so much everyday

your homeboy.......and comrade in the foxhole

YA.........

rbcarpenter
07-22-2010, 08:21 AM
When Pat Summerall kicked his 49 yard FG in the snow vs Cleveland there was time left. The Browns got the ball back. What was the last offensive play for Browns? This game setup the "Greatest Game ever Played"</p>

Z</p>

</p>

to the day he died....my old man swore that was a 65 yard field goal.... ;)</p>

Thanks and Congrats.................400</p>

How did that game end YA?............My old man swore.....well you know the story[:D] </p>

GREAT THREAD DUDE!!!</p>

Love ya man SEC105 </p>

Z</p>

</p>

Hey, Yeah... 400.</p>

That boring day you started this, YA, did you imagine 400 pages?</p>

WTG!</p>

There were the days that this thread was a life saving escape for me... Thank you, YA</p>

it started as a little game to pass time last off season.....

thank you guys for always being there.........

you have been a shoulder for me to lean on through some tough times that maybe you havent even known about...........I hope I returned the favor a time or two as well.......

I never knew a thread on a message board could A. be such a joy......and B. teach me so much.

so I raise my glass of beer.... (well its 8 am so lets say cup of coffee) .....to the DID YOU KNOW?? veterans.....

Zimmy
SEC105
jints10
rbcarpenter
Roswell777
ny06
byron
keyofgmen
patsrule666

you guys are truly worth your weight in gold.....

I hope its possible for that list of veterans to be longer next year........

and if we do lose our beloved thread when the site changes over Im sure it will live on in our hearts.......

thank you guys for teaching this old codger so much everyday

your homeboy.......and comrade in the foxhole

YA.........you hit the nail on the head with that post,ya...you guys have no idea how much stuff you've helped me through just by being able to come here everyday and see you're sigs and fantastic questions!

ny06
07-22-2010, 09:56 AM
What game was this?

http://i30.tinypic.com/ad8p.jpg

rbcarpenter
07-22-2010, 10:24 AM
What game was this?

http://i30.tinypic.com/ad8p.jpgwas this the game tittle threw for 7 td's?

zimonami
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
What game was this? http://i30.tinypic.com/ad8p.jpgwas this the game tittle threw for 7 td's?
</P>

You might be right, rbc. Washington didn't have the R on their helmets during Tittles time with us, so it looks like that's the opponent. Tittle beat them at home, something like 53-0 in '61, and then at home in '62 he threw for the 7.</P>

In the game where YA threw 7, who was the opposing Redskin QB who threw for 4 TD's?</P>

</P>

Does anyone know the NFL record for Combined passing TD's in 1 game? 11 has to be close</P>

</P>

SEC105
07-22-2010, 11:45 AM
What game was this? http://i30.tinypic.com/ad8p.jpgwas this the game tittle threw for 7 td's?
</P>

http://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2009/10/1962-ya-tittle-passes-for-505-yards-and.html</P>

Thats it..............YAs [of GMB]first time @ Yankee Stadium to see the NY Football Giants</P>

The first game my Dad took me to also..What a GREAT first memory of being there in person</P>

Z</P>