PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

SEC105
07-22-2010, 11:51 AM
When Pat Summerall kicked his 49 yard FG in the snow vs Cleveland there was time left. The Browns got the ball back. What was the last offensive play for Browns? This game setup the "Greatest Game ever Played"</P>

Z</P>

to the day he died....my old man swore that was a 65 yard field goal.... ;)</P>

Cleveland [Lou Groza] member him?.........................attemped a 55 yarder to end that game. Some say it fell just short. Never seen a clip of that play. Would like to</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-22-2010, 02:21 PM
What game was this? http://i30.tinypic.com/ad8p.jpgwas this the game tittle threw for 7 td's?
</P>

http://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2009/10/1962-ya-tittle-passes-for-505-yards-and.html</P>

Thats it..............YAs [of GMB]*first time @ Yankee Stadium to see the NY Football Giants</P>

The first game my Dad took me to also..What a GREAT first memory of being there in person*</P>

Z</P>

forgot that was your first game to.......thats so amazing that we were both there as wee tots......

and Snead was the Skins QB that day Zim....pretty sure he threw some picks that day as well......

this picture looks very much like Oct 28 1962..........but I was 9......sooooo........

;)

zimonami
07-22-2010, 03:10 PM
What game was this? http://i30.tinypic.com/ad8p.jpgwas this the game tittle threw for 7 td's?
</P>

http://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2009/10/1962-ya-tittle-passes-for-505-yards-and.html</P>

Thats it..............YAs [of GMB]first time @ Yankee Stadium to see the NY Football Giants</P>

The first game my Dad took me to also..What a GREAT first memory of being there in person</P>

Z</P>

forgot that was your first game to.......thats so amazing that we were both there as wee tots...... and Snead was the Skins QB that day Zim....pretty sure he threw some picks that day as well...... this picture looks very much like Oct 28 1962..........but I was 9......sooooo........ ;)</P>

</P>

Yup, Norm was their man. In that 10/28/62 game YA was 27/39, 7 TDs, 0 Ints</P>

Norm was 17/40 with 4 TDs and 3 INTs.</P>

SEC105
07-22-2010, 03:11 PM
</P>

Thats it..............YAs [of GMB]first time @ Yankee Stadium to see the NY Football Giants</P>

The first game my Dad took me to also..What a GREAT first memory of being there in person</P>

Z</P>

forgot that was your first game to.......thats so amazing that we were both there as wee tots...... and Snead was the Skins QB that day Zim....pretty sure he threw some picks that day as well...... this picture looks very much like Oct 28 1962..........but I was 9......sooooo........ ;)</P>

What Redskins WR [well known] had at least 2 TD catches from Sneadin that game?</P>

And Jimmy Patton had at least 2 ints. in this game</P>

Z</P>

ny06
07-22-2010, 03:20 PM
You guys are correct, it was '62 YA threw 7 touchdowns. What a historic feat.

ny06
07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
</P>

Thats it..............YAs [of GMB]*first time @ Yankee Stadium to see the NY Football Giants</P>

The first game my Dad took me to also..What a GREAT first memory of being there in person*</P>

Z</P>

What Redskins WR [well known] had at least 2 TD catches from Snead*in that game?</P>

Z</P>

The only Redskin player I can think of is HOF Bobby Mitchell?

YATittle1962
07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
</P>

Z</P>

What Redskins WR [well known] had at least 2 TD catches from Snead*in that game?</P>

Z</P>

I cant say I have any recollection of this........but the first guy that comes to mind is Mitchell......he was a beast for a few seasons when I was a kid

complete guess.....and probably the only pass catcher I could name on that team.....hahahahaha

SEC105
07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
</P>

Z</P>

What Redskins WR [well known] had at least 2 TD catches from Sneadin that game?</P>

Z</P>

I cant say I have any recollection of this........but the first guy that comes to mind is Mitchell......he was a beast for a few seasons when I was a kid complete guess.....and probably the only pass catcher I could name on that team.....hahahahaha</P>

Yup , you andNY06 got it. Bobby Mitchell HOFer</P>

http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/photo_galleries/630x536/Mitchell-7.jpg</P>

SEC105
07-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I read this and did not recall , but at one pointYA completed 12 straight passes. 13 in row was the record at that time. The guy who completed 13 in a row did a year or 2 before 1962. Later became the Giants QB. Any idea who that was?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I read this and did not recall , but at one pointYA completed 12 straight passes. 13 in row was the record at that time. The guy who completed 13 in a row did a year or 2 before 1962. Later became the Giants QB. Any idea who that was?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Gotta be Norm Snead</P>

SEC105
07-22-2010, 03:53 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Gotta be Norm Snead</P>

</P>

Thats exactly what I would havethought................it was was not him though Z</P>

Z</P>

ny06
07-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I read this and did not recall , but at one point*YA completed 12 straight passes. 13 in row was the record at that time. The guy who completed 13 in a row did a year or 2 before 1962. Later became the Giants QB.*** Any idea who that was?</P>

Z</P>

Fran Tarkenton?

SEC105
07-22-2010, 04:55 PM

Z</P>

Fran Tarkenton?</P>

Fran the Man it was......good call</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I read this and did not recall , but at one point*YA completed 12 straight passes. 13 in row was the record at that time. The guy who completed 13 in a row did a year or 2 before 1962. Later became the Giants QB.*** Any idea who that was?</P>

Z</P>

Fran Tarkenton?</P>

Z</P>

never understood so many peoples hatred for Fran......

I personally loved watching him play.......but I know so many people who hated him

ny06
07-22-2010, 09:33 PM

Z</P>

Fran Tarkenton?</P>

Z</P>

never understood so many peoples hatred for Fran......

I personally loved watching him play.......but I know so many people who hated him

Why did people hate him?

ny06
07-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Who is #75?

http://i30.tinypic.com/2agqfc0.jpg

juice33s
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Jim Katcavage

ny06
07-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Jim Katcavage

No, good guess though

rbcarpenter
07-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Who is #75?

http://i30.tinypic.com/2agqfc0.jpgsam huff,west virginia

zimonami
07-22-2010, 10:53 PM

Z</P>

Fran Tarkenton?</P>

Z</P>

never understood so many peoples hatred for Fran...... I personally loved watching him play.......but I know so many people who hated him Why did people hate him?</P>

Fran - After Fran's 1st season with us, '67, Aunt Jean told me how much she hated Fran. To that point I had enjoyed watching him with the Vikes, and his 1st year with the Gmen. As you all know, Aunt Jean was on a social basis with the Gmen O Line. She said that the O Line hated him. Fran was always vocalizing in the locker room and to the press that he didn't have good blockers... and, they took it personally.</P>

From the O Line standpoint, they said that he was impossible to block for. A tackle would say how he would be blocking his man to the outside, as he was supposed to, and suddenly realize that Fran is scrambling right towards where he's taking his man. They felt there was no way to develop a cohesive line if they never knew where Fran was going to be behind them. </P>

So, they didn't get along, at all. A bad marriage for team unity.</P>

So, for my part, I started to warch Fran a little closer in '68, and lo... I had to agree with the O Linemen. Fran would start to scramble way before he had to, which then threw the blockers off, Put it this way... Eli, and Simms was the same, will stand in there, wait that extra second to let his man get open and deliver the ball a split second before he is crushed. On the same play Fran would have been long gone, running for his life. He frequently, as the tackles said, would run to the outside directly towards where a man was being blocked. If he had the moxie to stand in the pocket it might have worked out a little better. So, in the meantime, Fran gets the rep as a great scrambler, and rightly so because he was nimble on his feet, and everybody loves him.</P>

I didn't</P>

rbcarpenter
07-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I read this and did not recall , but at one pointYA completed 12 straight passes. 13 in row was the record at that time. The guy who completed 13 in a row did a year or 2 before 1962. Later became the Giants QB. Any idea who that was?</p>

Z</p>

Fran Tarkenton?</p>

Fran the Man it was......good call</p>

Z</p>

never understood so many peoples hatred for Fran...... I personally loved watching him play.......but I know so many people who hated him Why did people hate him?</p>

Fran - After Fran's 1st season with us, '67, Aunt Jean told me how much she hated Fran. To that point I had enjoyed watching him with the Vikes, and his 1st year with the Gmen. As you all know, Aunt Jean was on a social basis with the Gmen O Line. She said that the O Line hated him. Fran was always vocalizing in the locker room and to the press that he didn't have good blockers... and, they took it personally.</p>

From the O Line standpoint, they said that he was impossible to block for. A tackle would say how he would be blocking his man to the outside, as he was supposed to, and suddenly realize that Fran is scrambling right towards where he's taking his man. They felt there was no way to develop a cohesive line if they never knew where Fran was going to be behind them. </p>

So, they didn't get along, at all. A bad marriage for team unity.</p>

So, for my part, I started to warch Fran a little closer in '68, and lo... I had to agree with the O Linemen. Fran would start to scramble way before he had to, which then threw the blockers off, Put it this way... Eli, and Simms was the same, will stand in there, wait that extra second to let his man get open and deliver the ball a split second before he is crushed. On the same play Fran would have been long gone, running for his life. He frequently, as the tackles said, would run to the outside directly towards where a man was being blocked. If he had the moxie to stand in the pocket it might have worked out a little better. So, in the meantime, Fran gets the rep as a great scrambler, and rightly so because he was nimble on his feet, and everybody loves him.</p>

I didn't</p>even though i never same him play personally,zim,that sounds like a pegged assessment.just from watching the films from years ago,my first thought is always-how the hell can you pass block for this guy?you never know where he's going to be at any given time.i also don't like him simply because a.he is one of those athletes that hung on long after their prime,just to pump up their numbers and make a few extra bucks,and b.every time i listen to him in any interview about any football subject or situation,he sounds like a bitter,small-minded person,and constantly rips his former teammates and coaches(except bud grant).hey fran,fyi....it ain't just your teamates and coaches fault you never won the big one---YOU had something to do with it too![N]

YATittle1962
07-23-2010, 10:55 AM

Z</P>

Fran Tarkenton?</P>

Z</P>

never understood so many peoples hatred for Fran...... I personally loved watching him play.......but I know so many people who hated him Why did people hate him?</P>

Fran -* After Fran's 1st season with us, '67, Aunt Jean told me how much she hated Fran.* To that point I had enjoyed watching him with the Vikes, and his 1st year with the Gmen.* As you all know, Aunt Jean was on a social basis with the Gmen O Line.* She said that the O Line hated him.* Fran was always vocalizing in the locker room and to the press that he didn't have good blockers... and, they took it personally.</P>

From the O Line standpoint, they said that he was impossible to block for.* A tackle would say how he would be blocking his man to the outside, as he was supposed to, and suddenly realize that Fran is scrambling right towards where he's taking his man.* They felt there was no way to develop a cohesive line if they never knew where Fran was going to be behind them.* </P>

So, they didn't get along, at all.* A bad marriage for team unity.</P>

So, for my part, I started to warch Fran a little closer in '68, and lo... I had to agree with the O Linemen.* Fran would start to scramble way before he had to, which then threw the blockers off, Put it this way...* Eli, and Simms was the same, will stand in there, wait that extra second to let his man get open and deliver the ball a split second before he is crushed.* On the same play Fran would have been long gone, running for his life. He frequently, as the tackles said, would run to the outside directly towards where a man was being blocked.* If he had the moxie to stand in the pocket it might have worked out a little better. So, in the meantime, Fran gets the rep as a great scrambler, and rightly so because he was nimble on his feet, and everybody loves him.</P>

I didn't</P>

I enjoyed watching Fran because it was exciting.......

but had I known then what I know today about his total disregard for his mens blocking assignments and utter impatience I think I would have felt more the way Aunt Jean did.....

but being a young teenager I thought he was the beez knees.......dating myself huh ;)

I loved Tittle so much that when he was gone I couldnt help but not like Morral and Wood and such..........

so when Tarkenton came along and was eventually coached by Webster......things got exciting again......

they werent really winning.....but it felt like they were....hahahahah.....if that makes any sense.....

but today I know that he was actually a selfish arrogant prick........

SEC105
07-23-2010, 03:39 PM

Z</P>

Fran Tarkenton?</P>

Z</P>

Fran - After Fran's 1st season with us, '67, Aunt Jean told me how much she hated Fran. To that point I had enjoyed watching him with the Vikes, and his 1st year with the Gmen. As you all know, Aunt Jean was on a social basis with the Gmen O Line. She said that the O Line hated him. Fran was always vocalizing in the locker room and to the press that he didn't have good blockers... and, they took it personally.</P>

From the O Line standpoint, they said that he was impossible to block for. A tackle would say how he would be blocking his man to the outside, as he was supposed to, and suddenly realize that Fran is scrambling right towards where he's taking his man. They felt there was no way to develop a cohesive line if they never knew where Fran was going to be behind them. </P>

So, they didn't get along, at all. A bad marriage for team unity.</P>

So, for my part, I started to warch Fran a little closer in '68, and lo... I had to agree with the O Linemen. Fran would start to scramble way before he had to, which then threw the blockers off, Put it this way... Eli, and Simms was the same, will stand in there, wait that extra second to let his man get open and deliver the ball a split second before he is crushed. On the same play Fran would have been long gone, running for his life. He frequently, as the tackles said, would run to the outside directly towards where a man was being blocked. If he had the moxie to stand in the pocket it might have worked out a little better. So, in the meantime, Fran gets the rep as a great scrambler, and rightly so because he was nimble on his feet, and everybody loves him.</P>

I didn't</P>

I enjoyed watching Fran because it was exciting....... but had I known then what I know today about his total disregard for his mens blocking assignments and utter impatience I think I would have felt more the way Aunt Jean did..... but being a young teenager I thought he was the beez knees.......dating myself huh ;) I loved Tittle so much that when he was gone I couldnt help but not like Morral and Wood and such.......... so when Tarkenton came along and was eventually coached by Webster......things got exciting again...... they werent really winning.....but it felt like they were....hahahahah.....if that makes any sense..... but today I know that he was actually a selfish arrogant prick........</P>

I felt the same way when Fran came along.........wasn't till years later [see Z's post] that I learned just how annoying he could be to fellow teammates. Me , me type , I'll do it all myself. With that said though, imho,you do have to give him some credit. He didwin and even though the Vikings lost he took them to 3 Super Bowls I believe. He was an exciting player to watch , just not much of a teammate to many players</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
What 3 players did we get from the Vikings when we traded Tarkenton back to them?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-23-2010, 04:10 PM
What 3 players did we get from the Vikings when we traded Tarkenton back to them?</P>

Z</P>

I know Norm Snead and WR Bob Grim were part of that trade........no idea who the third was....

SEC105
07-23-2010, 04:20 PM

Z</P>

I know Norm Snead and WR Bob Grim were part of that trade........no idea who the third was....</P>

The third was arunning back.....only stuck around for a year or maybe 2</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Z</P>

I know Norm Snead and WR Bob Grim were part of that trade........no idea who the third was....</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I didn't know the 3rd, so I looked it up... Vince Clements</P>

SEC105
07-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I didn't know the 3rd, so I looked it up... Vince Clements</P>

</P>

Thats him Z.......we also got draft picks but I can't recall what numberthey were</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I can remember in the 1971 draft......

round 1 we took the amazing Rocky Thompson..... ;)

then in round 2 we took a linemen....cant even remember his name at the moment.....

then immediately after us the Raiders took the LB that I wanted all along.......

who was that Jersey guy?

zimonami
07-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I can remember in the 1971 draft...... round 1 we took the amazing Rocky Thompson..... ;) then in round 2 we took a linemen....cant even remember his name at the moment..... then immediately after us the Raiders took the LB that I wanted all along....... who was that Jersey guy?</P>

Phil Villapiano? he played at the HS in my town in NJ... Ocean Twshp.</P>

YATittle1962
07-23-2010, 05:16 PM
I can remember in the 1971 draft...... round 1 we took the amazing Rocky Thompson..... ;) then in round 2 we took a linemen....cant even remember his name at the moment..... then immediately after us the Raiders took the LB that I wanted all along....... who was that Jersey guy?</P>

he was a friend of my cousin.....we used to watch him play in HS down there....Asbury High

I think he was a QB in HS if I remember correctly......I could be wrong...that was a long time ago.....

coming out of Bowling Green I was sure the G men would snag him being a Jersey guy.......and a hell of a player......

but we snagged some lineman I may never remember

zimonami
07-23-2010, 07:01 PM

he was a friend of my cousin.....we used to watch him play in HS down there....Asbury High I think he was a QB in HS if I remember correctly......I could be wrong...that was a long time ago..... coming out of Bowling Green I was sure the G men would snag him being a Jersey guy.......and a hell of a player...... but we snagged some lineman I may never remember</P>

He played at Asbury park HS for his first 3 years, and Ocean in his last... '67. I moved to ocean in '75. His mombecame the Vice Prin. of the Ocean grammar school, which was why he switched schools.</P>

YATittle1962
07-25-2010, 11:04 AM
name the LB who was a high draft pick by the Baltimore Colts .... 2nd overall if I remember correctly

.....and came to the Giants in 1988 after a bunch of years with the Colts and was on the roster for the SB win over the BIlls.

he has 3 sacks as a Giant.

ny06
07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
name the LB who was a high draft pick by the Baltimore Colts .... 2nd overall if I remember correctly

.....and came to the Giants in 1988 after a bunch of years with the Colts and was on the roster for the SB win over the BIlls.

That sounds like Johnie Cooks

YATittle1962
07-25-2010, 11:30 AM

if that wasnt looked up........yr awfully good 06....

great job

ny06
07-25-2010, 11:35 AM

great job

Never look up questions that would be cheating lol

I remember him vaguely, but I do remember my 1990 NY Giants year book and there is a few shots of him on the sidelines. He was #98

YATittle1962
07-25-2010, 03:53 PM

great job

I remember him vaguely, but I do remember my 1990 NY Giants year book and there is a few shots of him on the sidelines. He was #98

its never cheating as long as you mention you looked it up .....just for future reference.....

good job brother......that was a pretty tough one

ny06
07-25-2010, 04:51 PM

great job

its never cheating as long as you mention you looked it up .....just for future reference.....

good job brother......that was a pretty tough one

Makes sense

Thanks bro =)

jints10
07-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Nice questions the last few days guys Villipiano's cousin lived in my neighborhood here in Freehold Twp and it was always a big deal when Phil came around. We also had Randy Mineer living here he was an obscure RB for the Giants early 70s and coached our pop warner team Randy came from the Bears to the Giants not sure how many actual snaps he got for the Gmen but it was a big deal for us to have an actual player coaching us.

Jonny Cooks came from Baltimore and I was living in Fells Point at the time my girl graduated Loyola and taught 1st graders in the inner city of Baltimore at the time Jonny Cooks's little boy was a student of hers. I meet him at a parents teachers thing. Just cool stuff for me that i will never forget'

I wish I could come here more but way tooo busy paying off those PSL loans

YATittle1962
07-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Nice questions the last few days guys Villipiano's cousin lived in my neighborhood here in Freehold Twp and it was always a big deal when Phil came around. We also had Randy Mineer living here he was an obscure RB for the Giants early 70s and coached our pop warner team Randy came from the Bears to the Giants not sure how many actual snaps he got for the Gmen but it was a big deal for us to have an actual player coaching us.

Jonny Cooks came from Baltimore and I was living in Fells Point at the time my girl graduated Loyola and taught 1st graders in the inner city of Baltimore at the time Jonny Cooks's little boy was a student of hers. I meet him at a parents teachers thing. Just cool stuff for me that i will never forget'

I wish I could come here more but way tooo busy paying off those PSL loans

where are your seats this season jints?

ny06
07-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Easy question

I was a Buffalo Bill when we faced the Giants in the Superbowl in '90

And also played on the Giants for LT & Simms last season.

Who am I?

YATittle1962
07-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Easy question

Who am I?

LB Carlton Bailey

I think he was the only LB to start all 16 games that season to

ny06
07-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Easy question

Who am I?

LB Carlton Bailey

correct, I thought he was a good player for us. If I am not mistaken he led the team in tackles that season.

YATittle1962
07-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Easy question

Who am I?

LB Carlton Bailey

correct, I thought he was a good player for us. If I am not mistaken he led the team in tackles that season.

he may have.......

LT was on the heavy decline......Banks was a Redskin.....Pepper was a Brown.....Reasons was a Bengal.....even DeOssie had gone to the Jets I think?

Bailey was a solid player and pretty much held down that LB unit that season......

I never really liked what Reeves brought to the team.....never felt right

ny06
07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Easy question

Who am I?

LB Carlton Bailey

he may have.......

LT was on the heavy decline......Banks was a Redskin.....Pepper was a Brown.....Reasons was a Bengal.....even DeOssie had gone to the Jets I think?

Bailey was a solid player and pretty much held down that LB unit that season......

I never really liked what Reeves brought to the team.....never felt right

Yeah that was a tough season for losing popular players.

I liked the additions of Bailey, Brooks and Mark Jackson.

I know 2 of them are former broncos of course (Reeves)

I thought Brooks was a damn good linebacker, no one ever talks about him. I guess because he was here only a few seasons.

SEC105
07-26-2010, 03:58 PM
What Giant was promptly shown the door when he referred to us as the "New Jersey Broncos" ,lol,right before the beginning of Coach Reeves first season. I may have asked a variation of this question many moons ago.</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-26-2010, 04:33 PM
What Giant was promptly shown the door when he referred to us as the "New Jersey Broncos" ,lol,right before the beginning of Coach Reeves first season. I may have asked a variation of this question many moons ago.</P>

Z</P>

</P>

was that Pepper?</P>

SEC105
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM

Z</P>

</P>

was that Pepper?</P>

</P>

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/files/t_32249.jpg</P>

It was Pepper Z</P>

Coach Reeves ,he sure brought in alot of Broncos,saw no rumor it that remark , I guess. He went to Cleveland with Bellichik</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
I read this recently and did not remember it. When Czsonka joined us in 1976 training camp [after the demise of the WFL]. The Giants were the only team to give up draft choices [to Miami ,Czsonkas former team]for a playerwho had played in the NFL and and went to the WFL , then returned to the NFL. No other teams did this. Any idea why?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-26-2010, 06:19 PM
I read this recently and did not remember it. When Czsonka joined us in 1976 training camp [after the demise of the WFL]. The Giants were the only team to give up draft choices [to Miami ,Czsonkas former team]for a playerwho had played in the NFL and and went to the WFL , then returned to the NFL. No other teams did this. Any idea why?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

yeah, I remember that, but not exactly Mara's reason. I thinkit was, as usual, Mara being Mr Fairness. He didn't want to set a precedent of teams not being compensated for their former players that jumped ship to the WFL, and then returned to the NFL, butto a new team. Mara, theoretically didn't owe Miami a thing.</P>

YATittle1962
07-26-2010, 08:22 PM
I read this recently and did not remember it. When Czsonka joined us in 1976 training camp [after the demise of the WFL]. The Giants were the only team to give up draft choices [to Miami ,*Czsonkas former team]*for a player*who had played in the NFL and and went to the WFL , then returned to the NFL. No other teams did this. Any idea why?</P>

Z*</P>

cant wait for the answer to this SEC.......

I remember this....but I honestly have no idea why it happend

zimonami
07-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Z</P>

cant wait for the answer to this SEC....... I remember this....but I honestly have no idea why it happend\</P>

I'm thinking the Giants gave Miami a 3rd rnd pick. Anyone remember? I looked in Wiki and didn't find it. There may also have been another draft pick, in addition to the 3rd.</P>

Interesting... Wiki states that, to the best of their knowledge, Czonka was the only RB in NFL history to be called for a 15 yd personal foul... he gave a forearm shiver to a Buffalo DB (forget his name), and knocked him unconsious.</P>

In 1996 he was chosen the 10th toughest football player to ever play.</P>

It;s too bad we didn't see him in his prime. he wrecked his knee in his first season with us and was never the force he was at Miami.</P>

</P>

OK, this might be easy for somebody, but I didn't remember... What team did Czonka play for in his last season?</P>

ny06
07-26-2010, 09:33 PM
I read this recently and did not remember it. When Czsonka joined us in 1976 training camp [after the demise of the WFL]. The Giants were the only team to give up draft choices [to Miami ,*Czsonkas former team]*for a player*who had played in the NFL and and went to the WFL , then returned to the NFL. No other teams did this. Any idea why?</P>

Z*</P>

cant wait for the answer to this SEC....... I remember this....but I honestly have no idea why it happend\</P>

I'm thinking the Giants gave Miami a 3rd rnd pick.* Anyone remember?* I looked in Wiki and didn't find it. There may also have been another draft pick, in addition to the 3rd.</P>

Interesting... Wiki states that, to the best of their knowledge, Czonka was the only RB in NFL history to be called for a 15 yd personal foul... he gave a forearm shiver to a Buffalo DB (forget his name), and knocked him unconsious.</P>

It;s too bad we didn't see him in his prime. he wrecked his knee in his first season with us and was never the force he was at Miami.</P>

*</P>

OK, this might be easy for somebody, but I didn't remember...** What team did Czonka play for in his last season?</P>

Didn't he go back to the Dolphins?

YATittle1962
07-26-2010, 10:19 PM

Z*</P>

I'm thinking the Giants gave Miami a 3rd rnd pick.* Anyone remember?* I looked in Wiki and didn't find it. There may also have been another draft pick, in addition to the 3rd.</P>

*</P>

OK, this might be easy for somebody, but I didn't remember...** What team did Czonka play for in his last season?</P>

I think he retired a Dolphin

byron
07-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Who is this man</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/07/25/alg_hilliard.jpg</P>

SEC105
07-26-2010, 10:23 PM

Z</P>

</P>

yeah, I remember that, but not exactly Mara's reason. I thinkit was, as usual, Mara being Mr Fairness. He didn't want to set a precedent of teams not being compensated for their former players that jumped ship to the WFL, and then returned to the NFL, butto a new team. Mara, theoretically didn't owe Miami a thing.</P>

</P>

Would have gotten back to you guys sooner but the wife took to me out dinner. It was very good</P>

Zs answer is pretty much right on. Wellington was thinking of the best for the NFL if old teams were compensated for returning players. Many came back but only the Giants , as per Wellington , gave the Dolphins draft picks. I believe it was a 3rd rounder in both 1977 and 1978. Not one other team did this</P>

As always....gotta love Mr. Wellington Mara......nothing but class from this fine late Gentlemen</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-26-2010, 10:24 PM
can you name two NFL HOFers that were college teammates of Tom Coughlin ?

YATittle1962
07-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Who is this man</P>

Ike?

ny06
07-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Who is this man</P>

Ike Hilliard

I know he might of not played up to his 1st round selection. But I liked him alot. Played hard and was a little tough sob.

Never forgave Dawkins for that late hit he did on Hilliard.

byron
07-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah that's Ike.... I was reading up on him...thought it was a cool pic...I read he has gone into coaching...hasn't officially retired from football according to the article I read...

rbcarpenter
07-26-2010, 11:27 PM
can you name two NFL HOFers that were college teammates of Tom Coughlin ?floyd little and csonk.

rbcarpenter
07-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Who is this man</p>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/07/25/alg_hilliard.jpg</p>

Ike Hilliard

I know he might of not played up to his 1st round selection. But I liked him alot. Played hard and was a little tough sob.

Never forgave Dawkins for that late hit he did on Hilliard.agreed.rarely got the credit he deserved,and i thought that hit by dawkins(after breaking his neck),changed his game and he couldn't do the same things he did in college.he was a good giant and wish him well.

zimonami
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
yeah, YA... a Dolphin for Czonk.

YATittle1962
07-27-2010, 10:10 AM
yeah, YA... a Dolphin for Czonk.

I felt bad for Csonka when he came here.......he just wasnt that same battering ram that we were trying to use him as.

plus his offensive supporting cast was nothing to write home to Ohio or Alaska about

zimonami
07-27-2010, 11:05 AM
yeah, YA... a Dolphin for Czonk. I felt bad for Csonka when he came here.......he just wasnt that same battering ram that we were trying to use him as. plus his offensive supporting cast was nothing to write home to Ohio or Alaska about</P>

YA - are you saying that our '76 - '78 juggernauts weren't really any good? Geeez... you broke my bubble</P>

In '79, Czonk's last year, he got Comeback Player of the Year. He scored 12 TD's. In the 3 years with us he scored 11 TDs.</P>

heyme
07-27-2010, 05:31 PM
The third man is Doug Van Horn

rbcarpenter
07-27-2010, 05:48 PM
i know this isn't the right forum for this,guys,but r.i.p. jack tatum,the assassin.man,could that guy hit!!!

YATittle1962
07-27-2010, 06:29 PM
i know this isn't the right forum for this,guys,but r.i.p. jack tatum,the assassin.man,could that guy hit!!!

wow...I hadnt heard til just now......

rest in peace Mr. Assassin ........

these kids could learn a lot from you

zimonami
07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
</P>

yeah, I saw it earlier this afternoon and meant to post it, and then forgot.</P>

He was a great player, and it's too bad about his hit on Stingley. That late hit was one of those decisions that a player makes in a nanosecond, and then you can't undo it. Jack was, "Hit first.Worry about a penaltylater." type. Among the hardest hitting players, ever, at any position.</P>

jomo
07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
With the passing of legendary safety Jack Tatum, who was his secondary coach at Ohio State?

ny06
07-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Guy took players heads off.

RIP

Didn't he refuse to apologize to Darryl Stingley?

zimonami
07-27-2010, 10:50 PM
With the passing of legendary safety Jack Tatum, who was his secondary coach at Ohio State?</P>

Wish I knew, jomo. This is a good question, and an answer I know we'll all recognize.</P>

YATittle1962
07-27-2010, 11:00 PM
With the passing of legendary safety Jack Tatum, who was his secondary coach at Ohio State?

pretty sure Woody Hayes was head coach.......

pretty stumped on the secondary

rbcarpenter
07-27-2010, 11:37 PM

RIP

Didn't he refuse to apologize to Darryl Stingley?the way i understood it,he went to see stingley that next day,but there was some confusion on weather or not stingley's family wanted to let him in.tatum got upset and left,but at some point down the road,he did talk to stingley(like years).i don't think he ever actually apologized though.

ny06
07-27-2010, 11:40 PM

RIP

Didn't he refuse to apologize to Darryl Stingley?the way i understood it,he went to see stingley that next day,but there was some confusion on weather or not stingley's family wanted to let him in.tatum got upset and left,but at some point down the road,he did talk to stingley(like years).i don't think he ever actually apologized though.

I did not know that, thank you for the info.

byron
07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Guy took players heads off. RIP Didn't he refuse to apologize to Darryl Stingley?the way i understood it,he went to see stingley that next day,but there was some confusion on weather or not stingley's family wanted to let him in.tatum got upset and left,but at some point down the road,he did talk to stingley(like years).i don't think he ever actually apologized though.
I did not know that, thank you for the info. The did you know thread gets me looking up stuff ..great thread..anyhow for what its worth</P>

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/lopresti/2010-07-27-jack-tatum-darryl-stingley_N.htm</P>

zimonami
07-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Guy took players heads off. RIP Didn't he refuse to apologize to Darryl Stingley?the way i understood it,he went to see stingley that next day,but there was some confusion on weather or not stingley's family wanted to let him in.tatum got upset and left,but at some point down the road,he did talk to stingley(like years).i don't think he ever actually apologized though.
I did not know that, thank you for the info. The did you know thread gets me looking up stuff ..great thread..anyhow for what its worth</P>

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/lopresti/2010-07-27-jack-tatum-darryl-stingley_N.htm</P>

</P>

for what it's worth, Byron, you've always been a great participant when you're around. </P>

And, who could forgetyour continued superb taste in Avatars. The sigs really nice... teamwork, and all that, but I'm a lover, not a hunter.</P>

byron
07-28-2010, 09:06 AM

</P>

for what it's worth, Byron, you've always been a great participant when you're around. </P>

And, who could forgetyour continued superb taste in Avatars. The sigs really nice... teamwork, and all that, but I'm a lover, not a hunter.</P>

Thats Zim... I truly enjoy the board.. love this thread...the last thing I want to do is muck it up.....</P>

yeah.. I don't hunt eather Zim...we just love the dogs </P>

rbcarpenter
07-28-2010, 09:09 AM

RIP

i thought that was the way i read it in one of madden's books,but i guess i was mistaken about them talking somewhere down the line.my bad.[:(]

YATittle1962
07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Had Jack "the Assassin" Tatum ever picked off a NY Giant QB?

......if so who was it?

Z

zimonami
07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Had Jack "the Assassin" Tatum ever picked off a NY Giant QB? ......if so who was it? Z</P>

probably... but, I'll say No. We probably only played the Raiders 2X during Jack's time, and I'll say we got lucky and he didn't INT</P>

ny06
07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Had Jack "the Assassin" Tatum ever picked off a NY Giant QB? ......if so who was it? Z</P>

probably... but, I'll say No. We probably only played the Raiders 2X during Jack's time, and I'll say we got lucky and he didn't INT</P>

I agree, I dont think he did. He was an Oiler for his last season. But the Giants rarely play the Oilers.

YATittle1962
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM

I agree, I dont think he did. He was an Oiler for his last season. But the Giants rarely play the Oilers.

you guys are right......

we lucked out when we did play them and the Assassin didnt get his hands on the ball.......he for sure got his hands on some receivers though

zimonami
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM

I agree, I dont think he did. He was an Oiler for his last season. But the Giants rarely play the Oilers. you guys are right...... we lucked out when we did play them and the Assassin didnt get his hands on the ball.......he for sure got his hands on some receivers though</P>

Looked it up and during Tatum's time could only find 1 game from '71 - '78. We lost 42-0 in '73 and Norm Snead and Randy Johnson each threw 2 pics, but Tatum didn't get one.</P>

SEC105
07-28-2010, 09:28 PM
[:O]

I agree, I dont think he did. He was an Oiler for his last season. But the Giants rarely play the Oilers. you guys are right...... we lucked out when we did play them and the Assassin didnt get his hands on the ball.......he for sure got his hands on some receivers though</P>

Looked it up and during Tatum's time could only find 1 game from '71 - '78. We lost 42-0 in '73 and Norm Snead and Randy Johnson each threw 2 pics, but Tatum didn't get one.</P>

</P>

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070923pg_immaculate_330.jpg</P>

Who's no. 31 and no. 33</P>

The Assassin is just out of the picture</P>

zimonami
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

33 is John 'Frenchy' Fuqua. </P>

Don't know 31.</P>

ny06
07-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Looked it up and during Tatum's time could only find 1 game from '71 - '78.* We lost 42-0 in '73 and Norm Snead and Randy Johnson each threw 2 pics, but Tatum didn't get one.</P>

</P>

#31 is Jack Tatum

SEC105
07-28-2010, 09:45 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

just a tribute Z ................To Tatum</P>

That's the "Frenchmen" No.33</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
07-28-2010, 09:46 PM

Looked it up and during Tatum's time could only find 1 game from '71 - '78.* We lost 42-0 in '73 and Norm Snead and Randy Johnson each threw 2 pics, but Tatum didn't get one.</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

That's the "Frenchmen"**** No.33</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

immaculate reception

rbcarpenter
07-28-2010, 10:53 PM

Had Jack "the Assassin" Tatum ever picked off a NY Giant QB? ......if so who was it? Z</p>

probably... but, I'll say No. We probably only played the Raiders 2X during Jack's time, and I'll say we got lucky and he didn't INT</p>

I agree, I dont think he did. He was an Oiler for his last season. But the Giants rarely play the Oilers. you guys are right...... we lucked out when we did play them and the Assassin didnt get his hands on the ball.......he for sure got his hands on some receivers though</p>

Looked it up and during Tatum's time could only find 1 game from '71 - '78. We lost 42-0 in '73 and Norm Snead and Randy Johnson each threw 2 pics, but Tatum didn't get one.</p>

</p>

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070923pg_immaculate_330.jpg</p>

Who's no. 31 and no. 33</p>

The Assassin is just out of the picture</p>

</p>

</p>

33 is John 'Frenchy' Fuqua. </p>

Don't know 31.</p>

</p>

just a tribute Z ................To Tatum</p>

That's the "Frenchmen" No.33</p>

What play is this?</p>

Z</p>

immaculate receptionthe immaculate DEception.harris either trapped it or caught it on the short hop.[;)]

SEC105
07-29-2010, 10:19 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

immaculate receptionthe immaculate DEception.harris either trapped it or caught it on the short hop.[;)]
</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMDIcsUMmA&amp;feature=related</P>

Watch this replay RBC please.....Franco caught ita good foot and half off the ground</P>

TD!!![:D]</P>

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 10:43 AM

</P>

</P>

*</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMDIcsUMmA&feature=related</P>

Watch this replay RBC please.....Franco caught it*a good foot and half off the ground</P>

that was studied like the Zapruder film by the NFL........there is no evidence that the ball bounced off the grassy knoll

;)

nor was there a second gunman

SEC105
07-29-2010, 10:43 AM
"However in his memoirs Tatum equivocated, stating that he couldn't honestly say if the ball hit him"</P>

Why was Tatum wearing no. 31?....or I"m I seeing that wrong</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Watch this replay RBC please.....Franco caught ita good foot and half off the ground</P>

that was studied like the Zapruder film by the NFL........there is no evidence that the ball bounced off the grassy knoll ;) nor was there a second gunman</P>

LOL.....AGREED...........was not the real question ...........did Tatum touch that ball? If he did not , the play would have beennullified</P>

Imagime if they had instant replay back then...........those guys in the booth would have been there for days</P>

Oh and I agree , Oswald acted alone.......much to the dismay of Oliver Stone [:D]</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Had Jack "the Assassin" Tatum ever picked off a NY Giant QB? ......if so who was it? Z</p>

probably... but, I'll say No. We probably only played the Raiders 2X during Jack's time, and I'll say we got lucky and he didn't INT</p>

I agree, I dont think he did. He was an Oiler for his last season. But the Giants rarely play the Oilers. you guys are right...... we lucked out when we did play them and the Assassin didnt get his hands on the ball.......he for sure got his hands on some receivers though</p>

Looked it up and during Tatum's time could only find 1 game from '71 - '78. We lost 42-0 in '73 and Norm Snead and Randy Johnson each threw 2 pics, but Tatum didn't get one.</p>

</p>

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070923pg_immaculate_330.jpg</p>

Who's no. 31 and no. 33</p>

The Assassin is just out of the picture</p>

</p>

</p>

33 is John 'Frenchy' Fuqua. </p>

Don't know 31.</p>

</p>

just a tribute Z ................To Tatum</p>

That's the "Frenchmen" No.33</p>

What play is this?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMDIcsUMmA&amp;feature=related</p>

Watch this replay RBC please.....Franco caught ita good foot and half off the ground</p>

TD!!![:D]</p>wow!that is an angle which i have never seen before.after all these years of saying the raiders got screwed,i will have to revise my opinion of the play.if harris had trapped it or caught it on the short hop,he would to have been bent over a lot further than what he was,obscuring his jersey #. i stand corrected.

SEC105
07-29-2010, 10:51 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

wow!that is an angle which i have never seen before.after all these years of saying the raiders got screwed,i will have to revise my opinion of the play.if harris had trapped it or caught it on the short hop,he would to have been bent over a lot further than what he was,obscuring his jersey #. i stand corrected.
</P>

RBC.......I ask you and all you guys.......DID Tatum touch that ball when he made the initial hit?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
"However in his memoirs Tatum equivocated, stating that he couldn't honestly say if the ball hit him"</P>

Why was Tatum wearing no. 31?....or I"m I seeing that wrong</P>

Z</P>

Tatum wore 31 from 71 to 73 I believe

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 10:57 AM

</P>

</P>

*</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Watch this replay RBC please.....Franco caught it*a good foot and half off the ground</P>

wow!that is an angle which i have never seen before.after all these years of saying the raiders got screwed,i will have to revise my opinion of the play.if harris had trapped it or caught it on the short hop,he would to have been bent over a lot further than what he was,obscuring his jersey #. i stand corrected.
</P>

RBC.......I ask you and all you guys.......DID Tatum touch that ball when he made the initial hit?</P>

Z</P>

so hard to say SEC....been watching this film over and over for almost 40 years.......

I have always though it bounced off Frenchys helmet or shoulder pad just as Tatum makes contact......that puts Fuqua between the ball and the Assassin......which makes it a legal play .........if Franco did indeed scoop it before it hit the grassy knoll.........and there was only one gunman in the book depository ......

.....hey Mike Pereira.....make the check out to YATittle1962

SEC105
07-29-2010, 11:24 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

so hard to say SEC....been watching this film over and over for almost 40 years....... I have always though it bounced off Frenchys helmet or shoulder pad just as Tatum makes contact......that puts Fuqua between the ball and the Assassin......which makes it a legal play .........if Franco did indeed scoop it before it hit the grassy knoll.........and there was only one gunman in the book depository ...... .....hey Mike Pereira.....make the check out to YATittle1962</P>

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_692485.html</P>

Good little link on that play , but did not Tatum have to have touched the ball before Fuqua to make legal? imho...the play happened so fast that the players involved are not sure themselves what happened...Still , I believe the NFL judged it to be the best NFL play ever</P>

Thanks YA....did not realize Tatum wore 31 for a few years. In my mind he was always no. 32</P>

Thats one of the things that makes this thread so great...always learning something</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 11:31 AM

</P>

</P>

*</P>

Don't know 31.</P>

</P>

What play is this?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

so hard to say SEC....been watching this film over and over for almost 40 years....... I have always though it bounced off Frenchys helmet or shoulder pad just as Tatum makes contact......that puts Fuqua between the ball and the Assassin......which makes it a legal play .........if Franco did indeed scoop it before it hit the grassy knoll.........and there was only one gunman in the book depository ...... .....hey Mike Pereira.....make the check out to YATittle1962</P>

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_692485.html</P>

Good little link on that play , but did not Tatum have to have touched the ball before Fuqua to make legal?** imho...the play happened so fast that the players involved are not sure themselves what happened...Still , I believe the NFL judged it to be the best NFL play ever</P>

Thanks YA....did not realize Tatum wore 31 for a few years. In my mind he was always no. 32</P>

Thats one of the things that makes this thread so great...always learning something</P>

Z*</P>

in all honesty I had no idea either.......just looked it up....

he will always be 32 to me

zimonami
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks, YA... no wonder I couldn't ID Tatum... always thought he was #32.</P>

I've seen the play a dozen times in slo-mo and it appears that Franco made a legal catch... of course, back then you couldn't have 2 Offensive players touch a ball in a row... so Tatum would have had to touch it before Franco. And, there was no replay.</P>

I think it ended up correct.</P>

zimonami
07-29-2010, 04:21 PM

I've seen the play a dozen times in slo-mo and it appears that Franco made a legal catch... of course, back then you couldn't have 2 Offensive players touch a ball in a row... so Tatum would have had to touch it before Franco. And, there was no replay.</P>

</P>

If it never touched Tatum it would be incomplete when Franco caught it... am I right? No 2 offensive players touching in row back then... unless you could call the ball bouncing back to Franco a lateral??? lol.</P>

zimonami
07-29-2010, 04:24 PM

</P>

If it never touched Tatum it would be incomplete when Franco caught it... am I right? No 2 offensive players touching in row back then... unless you could call the ball bouncing back to Franco a lateral??? lol.</P>

</P>

Yikes, I was citing from memory. Just now decided to look at the video. It definitely touched Tatum, and Frenchie. it ended up right.</P>

SEC105
07-29-2010, 04:27 PM

</P>

</P>

I believe that was the rule back then.......these days I'm of the belief that the ball hit Tatum in the upper chest , making it a legal play. Your thoughts?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-29-2010, 05:33 PM

</P>

</P>

I believe that was the rule back then.......these days I'm of the belief that the ball hit Tatum in the upper chest , making it a legal play. Your thoughts?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I don't think there's any question it hit Tatum, and it seems to catch some of Fuqua, too. </P>

Notice Tatum's hit on Fuqua, without watching the ball. He levels Fuqua, who flies backwards 6 feet. Meanwhile, Tatum's body stays upright and almost looks like he had no contact at all...</P>

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
what NY Giant head coach/WR caught aTD in an AFC championship game to put the game away in the 4th quarter?

Z

ny06
07-29-2010, 09:57 PM
what NY Giant head coach/WR caught aTD in an AFC championship game to put the game away in the 4th quarter?

Z

Alex Webster?

jomo
07-29-2010, 10:03 PM

pretty sure Woody Hayes was head coach.......

pretty stumped on the secondarySorry if this was already posted but it was Lou Holtz as secondary coach and yes of course Woody as head coach.

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Z

Alex Webster?

ole Alex never played in the AFC...........pretty sure he retired before the first AFC championship game to

ny06
07-29-2010, 10:36 PM

Z

Alex Webster?

ole Alex never played in the AFC...........pretty sure he retired before the first AFC championship game to

That was my initial thought, but I was looking at the question.

"What NY Giant head coach/WR"

And the only player who was a head coach that I could think of off the top of my head was Webster.

Sorry If I got the question all wrong

zimonami
07-29-2010, 10:39 PM
With the passing of legendary safety Jack Tatum, who was his secondary coach at Ohio State? pretty sure Woody Hayes was head coach....... pretty stumped on the secondarySorry if this was already posted but it was Lou Holtz as secondary coach and yes of course Woody as head coach.</P>

Totally forgot that we never did get that answer... Thnx, jomo. Good question. I never liked Lou., but guess he was a good coach.</P>

zimonami
07-29-2010, 10:45 PM
what NY Giant head coach/WR caught aTD in an AFC championship game to put the game away in the 4th quarter? Z Alex Webster? ole Alex never played in the AFC...........pretty sure he retired before the first AFC championship game to That was my initial thought, but I was looking at the question. "What NY Giant head coach/WR" And the only player who was a head coach that I could think of off the top of my head was Webster. Sorry If I got the question all wrong</P>

Can only side with 06 that it seems the person was a HC and a WR for the Giants.</P>

But, I'm gonna guess Ray Perkins as the Giant HC, and a WR with the Colts in the AFC when he caught that winning pass in either '70 or '71</P>

jomo
07-29-2010, 10:49 PM
With the passing of legendary safety Jack Tatum, who was his secondary coach at Ohio State? pretty sure Woody Hayes was head coach....... pretty stumped on the secondarySorry if this was already posted but it was Lou Holtz as secondary coach and yes of course Woody as head coach.</P>

Totally forgot that we never did get that answer... Thnx, jomo.* Good question.* I never liked Lou., but guess he was a good coach.</P>Never even knew that Lou was at Ohio State, read it in one of Tatum's obituaries.

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 11:02 PM

Z

Alex Webster?

That was my initial thought, but I was looking at the question.

"What NY Giant head coach/WR"

And the only player who was a head coach that I could think of off the top of my head was Webster.

Sorry If I got the question all wrong

I just re read my question and by the way I worded it Webster would be the only one.....

total **** up on my part........terrible execution of a question.......and Ill take my demerits Zimmy with a cold beer.......it sounded like the coach was also a Giants player......

who I was looking for was Ray Perkins....

good job reading through my nonsensical question Zim.....

zimonami
07-29-2010, 11:20 PM
what NY Giant head coach/WR caught aTD in an AFC championship game to put the game away in the 4th quarter? Z Alex Webster? ole Alex never played in the AFC...........pretty sure he retired before the first AFC championship game to That was my initial thought, but I was looking at the question. "What NY Giant head coach/WR" And the only player who was a head coach that I could think of off the top of my head was Webster. Sorry If I got the question all wrong I just re read my question and by the way I worded it Webster would be the only one..... total **** up on my part........terrible execution of a question.......and Ill take my demerits Zimmy with a cold beer.......it sounded like the coach was also a Giants player...... who I was looking for was Ray Perkins.... good job reading through my nonsensical question Zim.....</P>

lol... yeah, you deserve a demerit, YA. A cold beer it'll be. The game's right around the corner... we'll talk more... I'm not sure how many we got going. I only know that none of us look like our Avatar... especially SEC, trying to pawn himself off as a handsome Frank Gifford. At least we have helmets on to obscure our real looks. </P>

YATittle1962
07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
what NY Giant head coach/WR caught aTD in an AFC championship game to put the game away in the 4th quarter? Z Alex Webster? ole Alex never played in the AFC...........pretty sure he retired before the first AFC championship game to That was my initial thought, but I was looking at the question. "What NY Giant head coach/WR" And the only player who was a head coach that I could think of off the top of my head was Webster. Sorry If I got the question all wrong I just re read my question and by the way I worded it Webster would be the only one..... total **** up on my part........terrible execution of a question.......and Ill take my demerits Zimmy with a cold beer.......it sounded like the coach was also a Giants player...... who I was looking for was Ray Perkins.... good job reading through my nonsensical question Zim.....</P>

lol... yeah, you deserve a demerit, YA. A cold beer it'll be.* The game's right around the corner... we'll talk more... I'm not sure how many we got going. I only know that none of us look like our Avatar... especially SEC, trying to pawn himself off as a handsome Frank Gifford. At least we have helmets on to obscure our real looks. </P>

hahahahaha.......Im sure SEC is every bit the handsome devil that Giff was......

looking forward to buying all you guys a beer

SEC105
07-30-2010, 03:22 PM

lol... yeah, you deserve a demerit, YA. A cold beer it'll be. The game's right around the corner... we'll talk more... I'm not sure how many we got going. I only know that none of us look like our Avatar... especially SEC, trying to pawn himself off as a handsome Frank Gifford. At least we have helmets on to obscure our real looks. </P>

hahahahaha.......Im sure SEC is every bit the handsome devil that Giff was...... looking forward to buying all you guys a beer</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1997/0721_large.jpg</P>

I'll be easy to spot in the parking lot @Giants Stadium fellas , this is what I'll be wearing LOL jk</P>

looking forward to it[Y]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-30-2010, 03:24 PM

Good question Jomo , I had no idea who that was...............Lou Holtz! I shoulda a least a had a clue</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-30-2010, 03:26 PM
I know we all use the "lol" thing quite a bit......but I just laughed so loud that my wife ran in to see what was going on......

SEC that was classic........

Ill keep an eye out for the dashing man in a cape.....

;)

SEC105
07-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I know we all use the "lol" thing quite a bit......but I just laughed so loud that my wife ran in to see what was going on...... SEC that was classic........ Ill keep an eye out for the dashing man in a cape..... ;)</P>

Yup ....keep you eyes peeled for me YA! LOL [:D][:D][:D]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-30-2010, 04:00 PM
We choose a Running Back in the mid 60's draft. This player went to the Jets instead and became a big star. Who was he?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-30-2010, 04:23 PM
We choose a Running Back in the mid 60's draft. This player went to the Jets instead and became a big star. Who was he?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Matt Snell?</P>

zimonami
07-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I know we all use the "lol" thing quite a bit......but I just laughed so loud that my wife ran in to see what was going on...... SEC that was classic........ Ill keep an eye out for the dashing man in a cape..... ;)</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Cape? Silver pants? Gotcha, SEC. You'll be easy to spot in the crowd.</P>

I'll have a green Bednarik shirt on.</P>

SEC105
07-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Matt Snell?</P>

</P>

Thats him Z. Around 65 or 66 I'm guessing. I would have thought he would go to the Giants but the NFL , by then , was starting to lose out on a lot of very goodplayers</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-30-2010, 04:31 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

http://everythingkenny.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/chuck-bednarik.jpg</P>

I'll be looking [up] for ya Z lol</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-30-2010, 04:47 PM

Yup ....keep you eyes peeled for me YA!* LOL* [:D][:D][:D]</P>

Z</P>

</P>

*</P>

Cape? Silver pants?* Gotcha, SEC.* You'll be easy to spot in the crowd.</P>

you guys got me rollin today........thats twice that I laughed loud enough to wake the dog.....

....and yeah Snell was a beast.......always though he should have been MVP of SB III

zimonami
07-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

you guys got me rollin today........thats twice that I laughed loud enough to wake the dog..... ....and yeah Snell was a beast.......always though he should have been MVP of SB III</P>

LMFAO... priceless, SEC. I'm sitting here alone, andlaughing out loud atthat pic... well, not really at the substance of the pic... just your timing. That was a hell of a brutal hit. Look at Kyle... looks like he's thinking, "Uh Oh.... is Frank dead?"</P>

You are 100% correct, YA, Snell deserved the MVP. But, Joe made the bold prediction and the minute the game was over Joe was a legend, and sure thing first ballot in the Hall.</P>

</P>

BIGBLUsec329
07-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Did you know when LT used to snort coke, he only used his right nostril.

YATittle1962
07-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Did you know when LT used to snort coke, he only used his right nostril.

thanks for that ray of pointlessness....

keep garbage like this out of here.....

otherwise.....come back anytime.......looking forward to your contributions

zimonami
08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
In 1999 Tiki's 66 receptions broke the Giant record for receptions by a back in a season.</P>

Whose record did he break? What was the old record? Year?</P>

jomo
08-01-2010, 07:54 PM
In 1999 Tiki's 66 receptions broke the Giant record for receptions by a back in a season.</P>

Whose record did he break?* What was the old record? Year?</P>Ron Johnson??

rbcarpenter
08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
In 1999 Tiki's 66 receptions broke the Giant record for receptions by a back in a season.</p>

Whose record did he break? What was the old record? Year?</p>i'll say dave megett in 1990,and around 50-55 catches.

zimonami
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM

i'll say dave megett in 1990,and around 50-55 catches.
</P>

Excellent guess, rbc. Meggett had 39 in '90 and 50 in '91. But, the best until Tiki was 51.</P>

Who and when?</P>

ny06
08-01-2010, 09:05 PM

</P>

Excellent guess, rbc. Meggett had 39 in '90 and 50 in '91. But, the best until Tiki was 51.</P>

Who and when?</P>

</P>

I would go with Gifford? </P>

jints10
08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
In 1999 Tiki's 66 receptions broke the Giant record for receptions by a back in a season.</p>

Whose record did he break? What was the old record? Year?</p>

</p>

Excellent guess, rbc. Meggett had 39 in '90 and 50 in '91. But, the best until Tiki was 51.</p>

Who and when?</p>
How about Tony Galbreath

zimonami
08-01-2010, 09:43 PM

</P>

Who and when?</P>

</P>

I would go with Gifford? </P>

</P>

And you would be correct, 06... good job.</P>

Year ... '56</P>

I was hoping SEC was around for this question. If he didn't get this right, he'd get the raspbery... and a few demerits.</P>

YATittle1962
08-03-2010, 09:56 AM
where did the Giants hold their 1972 and 1973 training camps?

Z

rbcarpenter
08-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Zmonmouth.

YATittle1962
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Zmonmouth.

right on rbc

YATittle1962
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Zmonmouth.

right on rbc

rbcarpenter
08-03-2010, 08:52 PM

Zmonmouth.

right on rbcmy tix for the pitt game should be here on thursday,and my customized"carpenter" jersey the day after that.<font color="#000080"><font size="6">i am puuuuumped!!!</font></font>

zimonami
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
where did the Giants hold their 1972 and 1973 training camps? Zmonmouth. right on rbcmy tix for the pitt game should be here on thursday,and my customized"carpenter" jersey the day after that.<FONT color=#000080><FONT size=6>i am puuuuumped!!!</FONT></FONT>
</P>

Yeah... tix should be in soon.</P>

geez... I totally wore my Simms and Taylor jersey's to shreds and am now reduced to a Barber shirt. I think it's time to spring for another... another Simms jersey should be in order.</P>

jomo
08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
My earliest first hand Giants experiences took place at the pre-season game dubbed the Jaycee Classic. Where was that game played?

YATittle1962
08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
My earliest first hand Giants experiences took place at the pre-season game dubbed the Jaycee Classic. Where was that game played?

cant remember the name of the stadium....but that was a game in princeton NJ......around 67 or so?

ny06
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
My earliest first hand Giants experiences took place at the pre-season game dubbed the Jaycee Classic. Where was that game played? cant remember the name of the stadium....but that was a game in princeton NJ......around 67 or so?</P>

You are correct.</P>

Palmer Stadium </P>

Just looked it up. Is that right Jomo?</P>

YATittle1962
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Phil Rizzuto once asked Bob Sheppard to recall his favorite Yankee Stadium memory.......

what memory did Bob recall as his favorite?

ny06
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Phil Rizzuto once asked Bob Sheppard to recall his favorite Yankee Stadium memory....... what memory did Bob recall as his favorite?</P>

I'll take a complete shot in the dark guess</P>

1956 Championship win over the bears?</P>

YATittle1962
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Phil Rizzuto once asked Bob Sheppard to recall his favorite Yankee Stadium memory....... what memory did Bob recall as his favorite?</P>

not too far off with that guess 06.......

Im sure Phil though he would mention some great Yankee memory...hhahahaha

jomo
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
My earliest first hand Giants experiences took place at the pre-season game dubbed the Jaycee Classic. Where was that game played? cant remember the name of the stadium....but that was a game in princeton NJ......around 67 or so?</P>

You are correct.</P>

Palmer Stadium </P>

Just looked it up. Is that right Jomo?</P>Bingo!.............and Bob Lurtsema was the biggest dude I had ever seen at that time.

YATittle1962
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM

You are correct.</P>

Palmer Stadium </P>

Just looked it up. Is that right Jomo?</P>Bingo!.............and Bob Lurtsema was the biggest dude I had ever seen at that time.

fantastic question jomo.......fantastic

thats the kind of stuff this thread is all about

ny06
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM

not too far off with that guess 06....... Im sure Phil though he would mention some great Yankee memory...hhahahaha</P>

lol</P>

I am curious what the answer is. Either Sec or Zim will get it I bet</P>

jomo
08-03-2010, 10:27 PM

You are correct.</P>

Palmer Stadium </P>

fantastic question jomo.......fantastic

thats the kind of stuff this thread is all aboutLove this thread and all who hang out here YA. Thanks for bringing it!

Roosevelt
08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Phil Rizzuto once asked Bob Sheppard to recall his favorite Yankee Stadium memory.......

I'm getting back in .

Was it Pat Summerall's kick against the Browns?

jomo
08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Who was the least known member of this defensive line that included Andy Robustelli, Jim Katcavage and **** Modzelewski?

Roosevelt
08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Who was the least known member of this defensive line that included Andy Robustelli, Jim Katcavage and **** Modzelewski?

Why do I want to say Rosey Grier when I know it can't be?

ny06
08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Who was the least known member of this defensive line that included Andy Robustelli, Jim Katcavage and **** Modzelewski?</P>

Rosey Grier</P>

ny06
08-03-2010, 10:36 PM

</P>

Maybe John LoVetere</P>

Roosevelt
08-03-2010, 10:39 PM

</p>

Maybe John LoVetere</p>

Never even heard of him. You're probably right!

YATittle1962

I'm getting back in .

nailed it!

Ive said this many times ......but every time I think about that play I think of my old man......he swore that kick was 65 yds

;)

jomo
Who was the least known member of this defensive line that included Andy Robustelli, Jim Katcavage and **** Modzelewski?</P>

Rosey Grier</P>Nope, Grier was a beast but not with this group. Here's a hint. The D line carried the nickname ROLOMOKO.

jomo
08-03-2010, 10:41 PM

I'm getting back in .

nailed it!

Ive said this many times ......but every time I think about that play I think of my old man......he swore that kick was 65 yds

;)Awesome, I can hear Sheppard's voice saying Tarkenton and Tucker. Sweet!

ny06
08-03-2010, 10:44 PM

Rosey Grier</P>

Nope, Grier was a beast but not with this group. Here's a hint. The D line carried the nickname ROLOMOKO.</P>

Grier was a beast.</P>

Was it John LoVetere?</P>

jomo
08-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Rosey Grier</P>

Nope, Grier was a beast but not with this group. Here's a hint. The D line carried the nickname ROLOMOKO.</P>

Grier was a beast.</P>

Was it John LoVetere?</P>That's it, the least known member of that group. Well done ny06!

ny06
08-03-2010, 10:47 PM

Rosey Grier</P>

Grier was a beast.</P>

Was it John LoVetere?</P>

That's it, the least known member of that group. Well done ny06!</P>

Thanks</P>

rbcarpenter
08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
where did the Giants hold their 1972 and 1973 training camps? Zmonmouth. right on rbcmy tix for the pitt game should be here on thursday,and my customized"carpenter" jersey the day after that.<font color="#000080"><font size="6">i am puuuuumped!!!</font></font>
</p>

Yeah... tix should be in soon.</p>

geez... I totally wore my Simms and Taylor jersey's to shreds and am now reduced to a Barber shirt. I think it's time to spring for another... another Simms jersey should be in order.</p>hey,zimmy,check your pm.

Roosevelt
08-03-2010, 11:07 PM

I'm getting back in .

nailed it!

;)

That's cool. And I believe him!

Actually, I know little of that kick. But I do know that during Bob's service, they mentioned it was his favorite moment. No doubt the Yankees couldn't have been too happy, but John Mara was!

Isn't that right Diehard?

[;)]

zimonami
08-04-2010, 12:16 AM
back atcha, rbc

zimonami
08-04-2010, 12:23 AM
geezuz... I don't come on here for awhile and suddenly there's a flurry of activity... the world be passing me by.</P>

I knew the Pat Smmerall answer...lol. SURE ya did, zimmy.</P>

Good to see you around more often, jomo. Good questions. It's always good to have a new perspective on questions. </P>

</P>

Hey... pretty soon we need to get a head count and some organization on getting everyone together that's going to the 8/21 Steeler game.</P>

I totally forget everyone that's going... so far I can remember YA, SEC, RBC, Zimmy... anyone else going? Chime in and let's do this thang.</P>

rbcarpenter
08-04-2010, 12:47 AM
geezuz... I don't come on here for awhile and suddenly there's a flurry of activity... the world be passing me by.</p>

I knew the Pat Smmerall answer...lol. SURE ya did, zimmy.</p>

Good to see you around more often, jomo. Good questions. It's always good to have a new perspective on questions. </p>

</p>

Hey... pretty soon we need to get a head count and some organization on getting everyone together that's going to the 8/21 Steeler game.</p>

I totally forget everyone that's going... so far I can remember YA, SEC, RBC, Zimmy... anyone else going? Chime in and let's do this thang.</p>yessir,it's getting close,and am sooooo looking foward to it.did you get the p.m. i sent to you,zim?

zimonami
08-04-2010, 01:24 AM
geezuz... I don't come on here for awhile and suddenly there's a flurry of activity... the world be passing me by.</P>

Good to see you around more often, jomo. Good questions. It's always good to have a new perspective on questions. </P>

</P>

Hey... pretty soon we need to get a head count and some organization on getting everyone together that's going to the 8/21 Steeler game.</P>

I totally forget everyone that's going... so far I can remember YA, SEC, RBC, Zimmy... anyone else going? Chime in and let's do this thang.</P>

yessir,it's getting close,and am sooooo looking foward to it.did you get the p.m. i sent to you,zim?
</P>

Don't know if I did it wrong, rbc... I replied to your PM.</P>

And, Itook care of thingsright after I read it...lol. Many thanx. </P>

YATittle1962
08-04-2010, 09:54 AM

I knew the Pat Smmerall answer...lol.* SURE ya did, zimmy.</P>

Good to see you around more often, jomo.* Good questions. It's always good to have a new perspective on questions. </P>

*</P>

this is gonna be a blast.......to put a face with the legendary names.....

I wont be hard to spot.....ZZ Top beard and authentic away Tittle jersey.

rbcarpenter
08-04-2010, 11:57 AM
yes,zim,you posted the p.m. correctly,message received.i hope my help on that site works for you,and you get it in time for the game....and thanks for the return info.

i know what you mean,y.a....been wondering what you guys look like since i got on this fantastic thread as a regular.[:P]

i will probably have some somewhat silly questions to ask in the days before the game itself,as i have only been to about 30 games over the years,and i
'm sure the parking lot designations have changed,along with other general stuff.pumped!!!!

zimonami
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM

</P>

this is gonna be a blast.......to put a face with the legendary names..... I wont be hard to spot.....ZZ Top beard and authentic away Tittle jersey.</P>

So, to be fair you need to photoshop a beard on to YA on your avatar.</P>

The last pic I saw of you, YA, was in a younger day, and you had black hair. Has the black given way to Father Time, and are you truly ZZ Top beard color?</P>

I'm 6/2", 200#, no facial hair, and hope to have a Simms jersey on. If it doesn't come on time I'll be reduced to a blue Barber shirt. I have a Warner shirt that I never wore. A friend gave it to me about 2 weeks after Warner was benched for Eli.</P>

Oh, my blond hair is now mostly gray (like YA's ZZ Top beard?? Or, has YA gone the Keith Hernandez/Walt 'Clyde' Frazier route and colored his hair Black? Only he and his hairdresser know for sure!)</P>

jomo
08-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Who was the Giants safety nicknamed "Special K?" Hints, he was drafted in 1983 and played 7 seasons for us.

rbcarpenter
08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Who was the Giants safety nicknamed "Special K?" Hints, he was drafted in 1983 and played 7 seasons for us.terry kinard,from clemson!

for zim&amp;ya....iam 5'11",about 185 lbs,brown and iron hair,completley iron goatee,and i'm 99% certain i will be the only person at the stadium wearing a #26 rob carpenter jersey.[;)]

zimonami
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Who was the Giants safety nicknamed "Special K?" Hints, he was drafted in 1983 and played 7 seasons for us.</P>

That's Terry Kinard... an excellent player for us in, an excellent period of time for us.</P>

YATittle1962
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM

Good to see you around more often, jomo.* Good questions. It's always good to have a new perspective on questions. </P>

*</P>

this is gonna be a blast.......to put a face with the legendary names..... I wont be hard to spot.....ZZ Top beard and authentic away Tittle jersey.</P>

The last pic I saw of you, YA, was in a younger day, and you had black hair.* Has the black given way to Father Time, and are you truly ZZ Top beard color?</P>

I'm 6/2", 200#, no facial hair, and hope to have a Simms jersey on.* If it doesn't come on time I'll be reduced to a blue Barber shirt. I have a Warner shirt that I never wore. A friend gave it to me about 2 weeks after Warner was benched for Eli.</P>

Oh, my blond hair is now mostly gray (like YA's ZZ Top beard??* Or, has YA gone the Keith Hernandez/Walt 'Clyde' Frazier route and colored his hair Black? Only he and his hairdresser know for sure!)</P>

yeah ZIm the salt and pepper has copletely kicked in.......

I always had a sort of light brown almost blondish hair....was always lighter in the summer for some reason.....wow I sound like a woman.....

anyway....the beard is more gray than my head.....just glad I still have all my hair......most of it anyway

every time I shave the beard ...or just cut it short.....I just dont feel like myself....

and yes special K is absolutely #43

who did Kinard go play for after the Giants?

he played very well for them

jomo
08-04-2010, 06:03 PM

*</P>

The last pic I saw of you, YA, was in a younger day, and you had black hair.* Has the black given way to Father Time, and are you truly ZZ Top beard color?</P>

I'm 6/2", 200#, no facial hair, and hope to have a Simms jersey on.* If it doesn't come on time I'll be reduced to a blue Barber shirt. I have a Warner shirt that I never wore. A friend gave it to me about 2 weeks after Warner was benched for Eli.</P>

Oh, my blond hair is now mostly gray (like YA's ZZ Top beard??* Or, has YA gone the Keith Hernandez/Walt 'Clyde' Frazier route and colored his hair Black? Only he and his hairdresser know for sure!)</P>

yeah ZIm the salt and pepper has copletely kicked in.......

I always had a sort of light brown almost blondish hair....was always lighter in the summer for some reason.....wow I sound like a woman.....

anyway....the beard is more gray than my head.....just glad I still have all my hair......most of it anyway

every time I shave the beard ...or just cut it short.....I just dont feel like myself....

and yes special K is absolutely #43

who did Kinard go play for after the Giants?

he played very well for themHouston for 1 season and I have never been able to grow a presentable beard of any type.......................but I have defied the odds and kept a full head of hair. lol

zimonami
08-04-2010, 06:24 PM

</P>

The last pic I saw of you, YA, was in a younger day, and you had black hair. Has the black given way to Father Time, and are you truly ZZ Top beard color?</P>

I'm 6/2", 200#, no facial hair, and hope to have a Simms jersey on. If it doesn't come on time I'll be reduced to a blue Barber shirt. I have a Warner shirt that I never wore. A friend gave it to me about 2 weeks after Warner was benched for Eli.</P>

Oh, my blond hair is now mostly gray (like YA's ZZ Top beard?? Or, has YA gone the Keith Hernandez/Walt 'Clyde' Frazier route and colored his hair Black? Only he and his hairdresser know for sure!)</P>

yeah ZIm the salt and pepper has copletely kicked in....... I always had a sort of light brown almost blondish hair....was always lighter in the summer for some reason.....wow I sound like a woman..... anyway....the beard is more gray than my head.....just glad I still have all my hair......most of it anyway every time I shave the beard ...or just cut it short.....I just dont feel like myself.... and yes special K is absolutely #43 who did Kinard go play for after the Giants? he played very well for themHouston for 1 season and I have never been able to grow a presentable beard of any type.......................but I have defied the odds and kept a full head of hair. lol</P>

So, you have salt and pepper in your hair, and RBC has iron in his. Jomo has no facial hair, but he's got a full head of the real stuff.</P>

So, I'm just going to double take everyone with a full head of hair, following a trail of pepper and salt.If it leads me toascrap iron dumpster I'll know I'm close.</P>

I ran out of pepper a long time ago, so just look for a gray, full head of hair (that's about 60% of our fan base).</P>

rbcarpenter
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
geezuz... I don't come on here for awhile and suddenly there's a flurry of activity... the world be passing me by.</p>

I knew the Pat Smmerall answer...lol. SURE ya did, zimmy.</p>

Good to see you around more often, jomo. Good questions. It's always good to have a new perspective on questions. </p>

</p>

Hey... pretty soon we need to get a head count and some organization on getting everyone together that's going to the 8/21 Steeler game.</p>

I totally forget everyone that's going... so far I can remember YA, SEC, RBC, Zimmy... anyone else going? Chime in and let's do this thang.</p>

this is gonna be a blast.......to put a face with the legendary names..... I wont be hard to spot.....ZZ Top beard and authentic away Tittle jersey.</p>

So, to be fair you need to photoshop a beard on to YA on your avatar.</p>

The last pic I saw of you, YA, was in a younger day, and you had black hair. Has the black given way to Father Time, and are you truly ZZ Top beard color?</p>

I'm 6/2", 200#, no facial hair, and hope to have a Simms jersey on. If it doesn't come on time I'll be reduced to a blue Barber shirt. I have a Warner shirt that I never wore. A friend gave it to me about 2 weeks after Warner was benched for Eli.</p>

Oh, my blond hair is now mostly gray (like YA's ZZ Top beard?? Or, has YA gone the Keith Hernandez/Walt 'Clyde' Frazier route and colored his hair Black? Only he and his hairdresser know for sure!)</p>

yeah ZIm the salt and pepper has copletely kicked in....... I always had a sort of light brown almost blondish hair....was always lighter in the summer for some reason.....wow I sound like a woman..... anyway....the beard is more gray than my head.....just glad I still have all my hair......most of it anyway every time I shave the beard ...or just cut it short.....I just dont feel like myself.... and yes special K is absolutely #43 who did Kinard go play for after the Giants? he played very well for themHouston for 1 season and I have never been able to grow a presentable beard of any type.......................but I have defied the odds and kept a full head of hair. lol</p>

So, you have salt and pepper in your hair, and RBC has iron in his. Jomo has no facial hair, but he's got a full head of the real stuff.</p>

So, I'm just going to double take everyone with a full head of hair, following a trail of pepper and salt.If it leads me toascrap iron dumpster I'll know I'm close.</p>

I ran out of pepper a long time ago, so just look for a gray, full head of hair (that's about 60% of our fan base).</p>hahahaha!now,THAT'S some funny stuff!

Roswell777
08-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I've got to weigh in on this hair issue. I too have a full head of hair but I'm getting these Paulie Walnuts like gray stripes on the side that I'm getting hammered about at my office.

Better gray than missing so they tell me.

PS Couldn't grow a beard to save my life but could get a decent Al Hrabosky going in the fu manchu dept. But I am clean shaven.

YATittle1962
08-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I've got to weigh in on this hair issue.* I too have a full head of hair but I'm getting these Paulie Walnuts like gray stripes on the side that I'm getting hammered about at my office.

PS* Couldn't grow a beard to save my life but could get a decent Al Hrabosky going in the fu manchu dept.* But I am clean shaven.

I love the Pauly Walnuts look......Rock it

zimonami
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I've got to weigh in on this hair issue. I too have a full head of hair but I'm getting these Paulie Walnuts like gray stripes on the side that I'm getting hammered about at my office.

PS Couldn't grow a beard to save my life but could get a decent Al Hrabosky going in the fu manchu dept. But I am clean shaven.

I love the Pauly Walnuts look......Rock it</P>

Ros, those Pauly Walnuts stripes...could you dye them Giant Blue?Would make it easier to spot you.</P>

Of course, no offense. A friend of Tony's is a friend of mine.</P>

We'll meet by the scrap iron dumpster. If there be any hands or feet stickin' out, my lips are sealed.</P>

</P>

SEC105
08-04-2010, 09:27 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/a_ameche_581228_03_IL.jpg</P>

So , it's agreed?.........all of US is SHOWING UP?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
i know i am...i already paid for the tix and parking pass![:)]

SEC105
08-04-2010, 09:42 PM
i know i am...i already paid for the tix and parking pass![:)]
</P>

I's there...............</P>

Z</P>

ny06
08-04-2010, 09:50 PM
You guys are lucky.</P>

Have a beer for me [B]</P>

Roosevelt
08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
You guys are too funny.

I'm going. I'm bring the wife and kids.

I still got some hair and a beard, and yes I'm a Just For Men's club member.

Where are you guys hanging out? I'd love to me ya.

SEC105
08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
You guys are lucky.</P>

</P>

Have a couple tickets a couple of tickets possible Man .........IF..... YOU are there!!!</P>

ny06
08-04-2010, 10:04 PM
You guys are lucky.</P>

</P>

Have a couple tickets a couple of tickets possible Man .........IF..... YOU are there!!!</P>

</P>

What game are you all going?</P>

Is it the Steeler game?</P>

SEC105
08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
You guys are lucky.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

NOOOO..........Dallas in Dec ha ha ha........ preseason game of course meet the guys , Dude , We Love Man!!!!! c'mon NY06</P>

Z For Z</P>

Only GOOD guys invited[:D]</P>

YATittle1962
08-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I've got to weigh in on this hair issue.* I too have a full head of hair but I'm getting these Paulie Walnuts like gray stripes on the side that I'm getting hammered about at my office.

PS* Couldn't grow a beard to save my life but could get a decent Al Hrabosky going in the fu manchu dept.* But I am clean shaven.

Ros, those Pauly Walnuts stripes...*could you dye them Giant Blue?**Would make it easier to spot you.</P>

We'll meet by the scrap iron dumpster.* If there be any hands or feet stickin' out, my lips are sealed.</P>

*</P>

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/730/pauly.jpg
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/8880/grampa.jpg

Im there...gray beard and all

ny06
08-04-2010, 10:22 PM
You guys are lucky.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

NOOOO..........Dallas in Dec ha ha ha........ preseason game of course meet the guys , Dude , We Love Man!!!!! c'mon NY06</P>

Z For Z</P>

</P>

The Nov 14 game?</P>

I might have to make some moves. Thefamily friendwho was a season ticket holder for 40+ years had to give them up, could not afford them. I was starting to think I was not able to go to a game this season.</P>

Much appreciated SEC, [:D]</P>

All you guys are great.. </P>

SEC105
08-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Ros, those Pauly Walnuts stripes...could you dye them Giant Blue?Would make it easier to spot you.</P>

We'll meet by the scrap iron dumpster. If there be any hands or feet stickin' out, my lips are sealed.</P>

</P>

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/730/pauly.jpg http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/8880/grampa.jpg Im there...gray beard and all</P>

http://buffetoblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/hair-bands-from-the-80s-6.jpg</P>

I look just as as always did!!!</P>

LOL</P>

I love you guys</P>

Z</P>

Z FOR Z</P>

zimonami
08-04-2010, 10:45 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/a_ameche_581228_03_IL.jpg</P>

So , it's agreed?.........all of US is SHOWING UP?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yeah... we is!</P>

I'm still waiting forthe tix... getting nervous.</P>

We'll firm things up soon enough, SEC... but, Be There!</P>

zimonami
08-04-2010, 10:46 PM
You guys are lucky.</P>

</P>

We'll raise one for you, 06.</P>

zimonami
08-04-2010, 10:52 PM
You guys are lucky.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z For Z</P>

</P>

The Nov 14 game?</P>

I might have to make some moves. Thefamily friendwho was a season ticket holder for 40+ years had to give them up, could not afford them. I was starting to think I was not able to go to a game this season.</P>

</P>

No, 06. it's the Steeler preseason game, 8/21.</P>

I'm passing my tix down to younger relatives. Been going since '68. So, this will be my first and possibly last game at the new stadium... that kinda spurred the guys on here with preseason tix to get together. Would love for you to join is.</P>

zimonami
08-04-2010, 11:02 PM
You guys are too funny.

</P>

Rosey... we don't havespecfic plans yet... just know a bunch of us are going, and if you can stop by with the family you are very welcome to join us. I'll be with my son (41 years old... lol. Not a kid). I'm assuming most of the guys will be with someone else.... friend or family.</P>

Gonna get there early to BS and chow down with the guys, and to see a bit of the new stadium inside before the game.</P>

Stay tuned as we develop plans. </P>

All different parking this year, so I'm not sure if anyone has a recommendation... but, if we get there early it won't be too crowded and too difficult to get together. If we don't have a pre-designated area that someone knows about, probably just have the first guy to park start calling guys. We can exchange cell numbers before the game.</P>

tiffany123
08-05-2010, 04:42 AM
Ugg Boot Australia Ugg Boot Australia (http://www.uggsboots-web.com/ca/)
true religion Segeltuchschuhe true religion Segeltuchschuhe (http://www.designerjeansverkaufen.com/)
tiffany jewellery tiffany jewellery (http://www.tiffanybrandmall.com/)

rbcarpenter
08-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Ugg Boot Australia Ugg Boot Australia (http://www.uggsboots-web.com/ca/)
true religion Segeltuchschuhe true religion Segeltuchschuhe (http://www.designerjeansverkaufen.com/)
tiffany jewellery tiffany jewellery (http://www.tiffanybrandmall.com/)

get this horse crap spam off this thread.it is not welcome or appreciated!!![N]

YATittle1962
08-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Ugg Boot Australia*** Ugg Boot Australia (http://www.uggsboots-web.com/ca/)
true religion Segeltuchschuhe**** true religion Segeltuchschuhe (http://www.designerjeansverkaufen.com/)
tiffany jewellery******* tiffany jewellery (http://www.tiffanybrandmall.com/)

get this horse crap spam off this thread.it is not welcome or appreciated!!![N]

as much as I would love to see Zimmy in some Ugg boots.....

yeah.....keep this crap out of this thread!!!!!

no one cares what yr selling.....trust me

ny06
08-05-2010, 10:01 AM
You guys are lucky.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z For Z</P>

</P>

The Nov 14 game?</P>

</P>

No, 06. it's the Steeler preseason game, 8/21.</P>

I'm passing my tix down to younger relatives. Been going since '68. So, this will be my first and possibly last game at the new stadium... that kinda spurred the guys on here with preseason tix to get together. Would love for you to join is.</P>

</P>

Thats cool you get to keep it in the family. I would of jumped on the season tickets that my family friend had. But they were just too expensive for me. </P>

As long as I get to see my Giants in person or on t.v I am happy. </P>

Roosevelt
08-05-2010, 10:06 AM
You guys are too funny.

</p>

Rosey... we don't havespecfic plans yet... just know a bunch of us are going, and if you can stop by with the family you are very welcome to join us. I'll be with my son (41 years old... lol. Not a kid). I'm assuming most of the guys will be with someone else.... friend or family.</p>

Gonna get there early to BS and chow down with the guys, and to see a bit of the new stadium inside before the game.</p>

Stay tuned as we develop plans. </p>

All different parking this year, so I'm not sure if anyone has a recommendation... but, if we get there early it won't be too crowded and too difficult to get together. If we don't have a pre-designated area that someone knows about, probably just have the first guy to park start calling guys. We can exchange cell numbers before the game.</p>

Thanks Zim sounds good.

rbcarpenter
08-05-2010, 12:31 PM
<font size="6">yahooooo!<font size="3">my carpenter jersey just arrived this morning and it brought tears to my eyes when i opened the package.now just waiting on the tickets and parking pass for 8/21!!!![:'(]
</font></font>

zimonami
08-05-2010, 01:39 PM
<FONT size=6>yahooooo!<FONT size=3>my carpenter jersey just arrived this morning and it brought tears to my eyes when i opened the package.now just waiting on the tickets and parking pass for 8/21!!!![:'(]
</FONT></FONT></P>

Yeehah on that. I hope I'll be getting my Simms jersey soon. If my season tix don't come today I'm gonna be real nervous.</P>

rbcarpenter
08-05-2010, 01:42 PM
<font size="6">yahooooo!<font size="3">my carpenter jersey just arrived this morning and it brought tears to my eyes when i opened the package.now just waiting on the tickets and parking pass for 8/21!!!![:'(]
</font></font></p>

Yeehah on that. I hope I'll be getting my Simms jersey soon. If my season tix don't come today I'm gonna be real nervous.</p>i got mine from a guy off ebay(but he did have a 100% rating),so if mine are not here tomorrow,i will drop him a note asking if he's sent them along yet.

Roosevelt
08-05-2010, 02:07 PM
</font></font>

Congrats on that. Rob certainly deserves a little love.

SEC105
08-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Season tickets came today.We are ready to roll for the Steeler 8/21 game. The opening game tickets arereally nice</P>

Did you guys get your parking passes yet? I was late sending for them. My wife thought I sent the money for the passes and I thought she had. Anyways , the Giants said no problem , just sendthe dough and they will take care of it. I'm wondering if I should call them to make sure everything is A-OK on the parking situation</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
08-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Season tickets came today.We are ready to roll for the Steeler 8/21 game. The opening game tickets arereally nice</P>

Did you guys get your parking passes yet? I was late sending for them. My wife thought I sent the money for the passes and I thought she had. Anyways , the Giants said no problem , just sendthe dough and they will take care of it. I'm wondering if I should call them to make sure everything is A-OK on the parking situation</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yikes... I'm nervous. No Tickets yet. If they're not here tomorrow I'll call the Giants.</P>

jomo
08-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Season tickets came today.We are ready to roll for the Steeler 8/21 game. The opening game tickets are*really nice</P>

Did you guys get your parking passes yet? I was late sending for them. My wife thought I sent the money for the passes and I thought she had. Anyways , the Giants said no problem , just send*the dough and they will take care of it. I'm wondering if I should call them to make sure everything is A-OK on the parking situation*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yikes... I'm nervous. No Tickets yet. If they're not here tomorrow I'll call the Giants.</P>Still waiting on this end as well Zim.

YATittle1962
08-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Im up in Albany......the wife called yesterday to say the tickets came......

she said the week one ticket .....and to quote her..."looks like a backstage pass"

love my music industry woman

;)

SEC105
08-06-2010, 04:26 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2510/4035148153_138ba320c6_o.jpg</P>

This is Oates in the USFL. Why does he have his full name on the back of his jersey?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
08-06-2010, 05:26 PM

This is Oates in the USFL. Why does he have his full name on the back of his jersey?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

There must have been another Oates on the team.</P>

</P>

My Tix arrived. Phew... was getting nervous.</P>

rbcarpenter
08-06-2010, 07:36 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2510/4035148153_138ba320c6_o.jpg</p>

This is Oates in the USFL. Why does he have his full name on the back of his jersey?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

There must have been another Oates on the team.</p>

</p>

My Tix arrived. Phew... was getting nervous.</p>yes,#70,tackle brad oates......man,i miss the usfl.[:(]

jomo
08-06-2010, 07:38 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2510/4035148153_138ba320c6_o.jpg</p>

This is Oates in the USFL. Why does he have his full name on the back of his jersey?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

There must have been another Oates on the team.</p>

*</p>

My Tix arrived.* Phew... was getting nervous.</p>yes,#70,tackle brad oates......man,i miss the usfl.[:(]
I amassuming Bart and Brad were not related?

SEC105
08-06-2010, 08:08 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

yes,#70,tackle brad oates......man,i miss the usfl.[:(]
I amassuming Bart and Brad were not related?</P>

Good idea to never "assume" Mr. J[;)]..........Brad wasBarts brother , goodcall though </P>

Z</P>

SEC105
08-06-2010, 08:17 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

And???........Parking passes Z? , a limo for the Pittsburgh game.......aahhh I'll take the heilo?......lol</P>

Z</P>

jomo
08-06-2010, 08:22 PM

Z</P>

</P>

*</P>

My Tix arrived.* Phew... was getting nervous.</P>

</P>

And???........Parking passes Z? , a limo for the Pittsburgh game.......aahhh I'll take the heilo?......lol</P>

Z</P>Oh no! Don't tell me that a Z got his tickets and Jomo, an S is still waiting. No sleep for me again tonight!!

SEC105
08-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Oh no! Don't tell me that a Z got his tickets and Jomo, an S is still waiting. No sleep for me again tonight!!</P>

Gotta be tomorrow........or Monday[;)]......remember when the Giants sent the tickets so they HAD to be signed for ....it was a terrible ****storm for management</P>

</P>

zimonami
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Yep, parking, too. And, a razor blade knife???? Think it was left in there by wohever packed it.</P>

</P>

Limo? hahahaha. Not. If I win the lottery before then I'll have a limo pick usd all up... but, don't hold your breath</P>

zimonami
08-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh no! Don't tell me that a Z got his tickets and Jomo, an S is still waiting. No sleep for me again tonight!!</P>

Who is 'S', jomo?</P>

If he's still waiting, I'd be very nervous</P>

jomo
08-06-2010, 09:12 PM
*Oh no! Don't tell me that a Z got his tickets and Jomo, an S is still waiting. No sleep for me again tonight!!</P>

Who is 'S', jomo?</P>

If he's still waiting, I'd be very nervous</P>It's me, my last name begins with "S"! Hopefully this is over by tomorrow or Monday.

SEC105
08-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Yep, parking, too. And, a razor blade knife???? Think it was left in there by wohever packed it.</P>

</P>

Limo? hahahaha. Not. If I win the lottery before then I'll have a limo pick usd all up... but, don't hold your breath</P>

</P>

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00635/news-graphics-2007-_635122a.jpg</P>

Z.........We should have her ready by game time.....lol you know ,I'm just kidding ...right?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
08-06-2010, 10:50 PM
DAMN! i wish i was better at his cut+paste and photoshop stuff! i was trying to put the comment"here's my ride!" with a pic of the one man helio from"from russia with love"lol!

zimonami
08-06-2010, 11:17 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00635/news-graphics-2007-_635122a.jpg</P>

Z.........We should have her ready by game time.....lol you know ,I'm just kidding ...right?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

lol... reminds me of Joe Pesci in "My Cousin Vinny", to the judge who was mad that Joe didn't wear a suit to court, after a warning the day before... "You were serious about that?"</P>

You were Kidding, SEC? Dang. I was expecting that baby to land on my mountain and whisk me away to the stadium.</P>

</P>

zimonami
08-06-2010, 11:20 PM

Who is 'S', jomo?</P>

If he's still waiting, I'd be very nervous</P>

It's me, my last name begins with "S"! Hopefully this is over by tomorrow or Monday.</P>

Uh, Oh, Jomo. If they're not there tomorrow, call the Giants. I'd be a wreck right now if they didn't come today. I'm gonna remember you in my prayers... this is serious nervous time.</P>

YATittle1962
08-07-2010, 11:14 AM
just over heard some coaches talking about the play that single handedly changed the face of the Giants franchise on Nov. 19 1978.....

we have probably talked about this single play more than any other play in this thread......and I refuse to call it by its media given name.......

but it did change the franchise for the better....

can you name what play was called?

rbcarpenter
08-07-2010, 11:18 AM
just over heard some coaches talking about the play that single handedly changed the face of the Giants franchise on Nov. 19 1978.....

we have probably talked about this single play more than any other play in this thread......and I refuse to call it by its media given name.......

can you name what play was called?for eagles fans,it's the miracle at the meadowlands-for us,it's the fumble.

YATittle1962
08-07-2010, 11:19 AM

can you name what play was called?for eagles fans,it's the miracle at the meadowlands-for us,it's the fumble.

truth.....

but what was the play that Bob Gibson called?

damn you Bob Gibson!

rbcarpenter
08-07-2010, 12:00 PM

truth.....

damn you Bob Gibson!oh,the name of the actual play-my bad!!

jomo
08-07-2010, 12:30 PM

truth.....

Is it "65 power-up?"

YATittle1962
08-07-2010, 02:31 PM

truth.....

Is it "65 power-up?"

"65 power up" it was....

the single play that changed our franchise for the better......

thank you Bob Gibson, Joe Pisarcik, Larry Csonka, and Pete Rozelle

jomo
08-07-2010, 03:13 PM

truth.....

Is it "65 power-up?"

"65 power up" it was....

thank you Bob Gibson, Joe Pisarcik, Larry Csonka, and Pete RozelleWhere was it written in the play book that "65 power up" means Pisarcik puts the ball on Csonka's hip instead of in his bread basket? That was a tough time to be a Giants fan but it changed everything for the better.

zimonami
08-07-2010, 03:41 PM
just over heard some coaches talking about the play that single handedly changed the face of the Giants franchise on Nov. 19 1978..... we have probably talked about this single play more than any other play in this thread......and I refuse to call it by its media given name....... but it did change the franchise for the better.... can you name what play was called?for eagles fans,it's the miracle at the meadowlands-for us,it's the fumble.
truth..... but what was the play that Bob Gibson called? damn you Bob Gibson!oh,the name of the actual play-my bad!!
Is it "65 power-up?" "65 power up" it was.... the single play that changed our franchise for the better...... thank you Bob Gibson, Joe Pisarcik, Larry Csonka, and Pete RozelleWhere was it written in the play book that "65 power up" means Pisarcik puts the ball on Csonka's hip instead of in his bread basket? That was a tough time to be a Giants fan but it changed everything for the better.</P>

Jomo... did your tix come?</P>

YATittle1962
08-08-2010, 04:22 PM

truth.....

Is it "65 power-up?"

"65 power up" it was....

thank you Bob Gibson, Joe Pisarcik, Larry Csonka, and Pete RozelleWhere was it written in the play book that "65 power up" means Pisarcik puts the ball on Csonka's hip instead of in his bread basket? That was a tough time to be a Giants fan but it changed everything for the better.

sure did.....it was the beginning of those great Giant teams being assembled

jints10
08-08-2010, 05:36 PM
and thanks to George Young the end result of THAT play

Roswell777
08-08-2010, 05:55 PM

I call that play my 22nd birthday. Nov 19, 1978. Kind of like being born on Dec 7th if you're a Giant fan.

YATittle1962
08-08-2010, 05:56 PM

absolutely...George brought us back to life.....

I love Andy Robustelli.....but he was a little to soft of a business man to be head of football operations

zimonami
08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
absolutely...George brought us back to life..... I love Andy Robustelli.....but he was a little to soft of a business man to be head of football operations</P>

You're right, YA. Also, being old school Giant player,Andy had respect for Wellington and Tim as the bosses,and didn't know how to take authority away from them.When George came in it was understood from day 1 that he made the football decisions, and Well and Tim couldtake their disagreementssomeplace else.</P>

jomo
08-08-2010, 08:37 PM
absolutely...George brought us back to life..... I love Andy Robustelli.....but he was a little to soft of a business man to be head of football operations</P>

You're right, YA.* Also, being old school Giant player,*Andy had respect for Wellington and Tim as the bosses,*and didn't know how to take authority away from them.*When George came in it was understood from day 1 that he made the football decisions, and Well and Tim could*take their disagreements*someplace else.</P>Game changer for the fans.

YATittle1962
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM

You're right, YA.* Also, being old school Giant player,*Andy had respect for Wellington and Tim as the bosses,*and didn't know how to take authority away from them.*When George came in it was understood from day 1 that he made the football decisions, and Well and Tim could*take their disagreements*someplace else.</P>

exactly Zim......

I think Andy let their feuding influence way too many of his decisions

heres a couple.....

who was the GM before Andy Robustelli?

who was Well Maras choice to replace Andy until Rozelle stepped in?

jomo
08-08-2010, 10:33 PM

You're right, YA.* Also, being old school Giant player,*Andy had respect for Wellington and Tim as the bosses,*and didn't know how to take authority away from them.*When George came in it was understood from day 1 that he made the football decisions, and Well and Tim could*take their disagreements*someplace else.</P>

exactly Zim......

I think Andy let their feuding influence way too many of his decisions

heres a couple.....

who was the GM before Andy Robustelli?

who was Well Maras choice to replace Andy until Rozelle stepped in?Almost sure it was Ray Walsh who was GM before Ro but have no clue who was Wellington's personal choice to replace Ro.

zimonami
08-08-2010, 11:13 PM

You're right, YA. Also, being old school Giant player,Andy had respect for Wellington and Tim as the bosses,and didn't know how to take authority away from them.When George came in it was understood from day 1 that he made the football decisions, and Well and Tim couldtake their disagreementssomeplace else.</P>

exactly Zim...... I think Andy let their feuding influence way too many of his decisions heres a couple..... who was the GM before Andy Robustelli? who was Well Maras choice to replace Andy until Rozelle stepped in?Almost sure it was Ray Walsh who was GM before Ro but have no clue who was Wellington's personal choice to replace Ro.</P>

I hope you're right, jomo, because I didn't know and even wondered if we ever had a GM before Andy. I thought the Mara's covered the typical GM responsibilities among themselves</P>

Now, YA, are you sure Andy's titlewas GM? I thought his title was VP of ????</P>

Boy, I might have failed this question miserably. Somewhere in my memory challenged brain I thought Young was our first true GM. </P>

ny06
08-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Who is this former Giant?</P>

http://i38.tinypic.com/e6bp5v.jpg</P>

jomo
08-08-2010, 11:31 PM

exactly Zim...... I think Andy let their feuding influence way too many of his decisions heres a couple..... who was the GM before Andy Robustelli? who was Well Maras choice to replace Andy until Rozelle stepped in?Almost sure it was Ray Walsh who was GM before Ro but have no clue who was Wellington's personal choice to replace Ro.</P>

I hope you're right, jomo, because I didn't know and even wondered if we ever had a GM before Andy. I thought the Mara's covered the typical GM responsibilities among themselves</P>

Now, YA, are you sure Andy's title*was GM?* I thought his title was VP of ????</P>

Boy, I might have failed this question* miserably. Somewhere in my memory challenged brain I thought Young was our first true GM.* </P>You may be right Zim, I have often heard Young referred to as our first true GM. I have always thought that that was a reference to him being the first one who was up to the whole job. Help us out YA.

jomo
08-08-2010, 11:32 PM

http://i38.tinypic.com/e6bp5v.jpg</P>Looks like a svelte Leonard Marshall. Am I right?

zimonami
08-08-2010, 11:34 PM

</P>

Looks like Leonard marshall at LSU.</P>

I think he bears a striking resemblence to OJ Anderson.</P>

bellehaha
08-09-2010, 09:15 AM
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>7.8 ?</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>
<w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>
<w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>2</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:SpaceForUL/>
<w:BalanceSingleByteDoubleByteWidth/>
<w:DoNotLeaveBackslashAlone/>
<w:ULTrailSpace/>
<w:DoNotExpandShiftReturn/>
<w:AdjustLineHeightInTable/>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:UseFELayout/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156">
</w:LatentStyles>
</xml><![endif]--><style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:??;
panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;
mso-font-alt:SimSun;
mso-font-charset:134;
mso-generic-font-family:auto;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:"\@??";
panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;
mso-font-charset:134;
mso-generic-font-family:auto;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
text-align:justify;
text-justify:inter-ideograph;
mso-pagination:none;
font-size:10.5pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:??;
mso-font-kerning:1.0pt;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
/* Page Definitions */
@page
{mso-page-border-surround-header:no;
mso-page-border-surround-footer:no;}
@page Section1
{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;
mso-header-margin:36.0pt;
mso-footer-margin:36.0pt;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style><!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:????;
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}
</style>
<![endif]-->

<p class="MsoNormal"><a name="OLE_LINK62"></a><a name="OLE_LINK47"></a><a name="OLE_LINK46"></a><a name="OLE_LINK45"></a><a name="OLE_LINK58"></a><a name="OLE_LINK50"></a><a name="OLE_LINK44"><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black;" lang="EN-US">LeBron finally decided to join</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></a><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style="font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-US">
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh with the Miami Heat . Itís his determination,, just
hope he will have a better future.</span><span lang="EN-US"> </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style="font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-US">The
website are updating many jerseys for Lebron</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style="font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-US">.</span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style="font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-US">For
more information, just log in </span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style="font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-US">www.jersey-boys.com</span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""></span></span></span></span></span> (http://www.jersey-boys.com/)<span style=""></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style="font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-US"><o:p></o:p></span></span></span></span></span></p>

ny06
08-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Looks like a svelte Leonard Marshall. Am I right?</P>

You and Zim are correct</P>

YATittle1962
08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Ray Walsh is correct......and Well wanted Terry Bledsoe to replace Andy

for some reason they called Walsh and Andy ...head of football operations......but they did everything a GM would do....

they were basically GMs

here is a piece of an article I found where Paul Zimmerman describes the situation.

It was a weird, grandfatherly organization. For five years the Giants' general manager had been their former defensive right end, Andy Robustelli, who came to the team from his travel business in Connecticut. Before him, and as far back as anyone could remember, it had been Ray Walsh, basically an accountant. Robustelli's five years had produced four seasons in the division cellar and another at 6-10. In short, there was no veteran pro football GM to run things and there hadn't been for many years. Fans were wringing their hands. One guy had flown a small plane bearing the banner "15 Years of Lousy Football We've Had Enough" over Giants Stadium during a game.

Robustelli was clearly in over his head. Wellington Mara, and his playboy nephew, Timmy, the team's vice president, were openly feuding. Tim, the rebel, who had never been known for original thought, was being propped up by a consortium of former Giants players who fed him his lines and figured to be an integral part of a new power structure. Wellington's man to replace Robustelli was Terry Bledsoe, a former sports writer from Milwaukee whom Wellington had known through Bledsoe's work on the NFL's Management Council. Bledsoe had never scouted a player in his life. An impasse developed. Rozelle stepped in.

.....and that picture is absolutely Leonard Marshall