PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

YATittle1962
08-28-2010, 10:17 AM
In 1980 the Giants had D lineman who played TE and caught a 4 yard TD pass from Phil Simms who was this man?

thats Poppa George Martin my friend

jints10
08-28-2010, 10:24 AM
In 1980 the Giants had D lineman who played TE and caught a 4 yard TD pass from Phil Simms who was this man?

Can't slip one by you YA......well done

jints10
08-28-2010, 10:24 AM

Can't slip one by you YA......well done

SEC105
08-28-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos12/Bacon,Coy5.jpg</p>

Who is this D Lineman sacking Eli's Dad</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Had to look it up, this was a tough one</p>

It's Coy Bacon</p>

wow I wouldnt have gotten that.....

I sure do remember the pro bowler though

I remember him playing next to Decon and Merlin

he was a BIG boy
Good job gang....................Coy Bacon sure was a big tough guy
Having a few tech problems with the computer I'm on...........trying to iron them out
Z

jomo
08-28-2010, 02:01 PM
http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos12/Bacon,Coy5.jpg</P>

Who is this D Lineman sacking Eli's Dad</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Had to look it up, this was a tough one</P>

It's Coy Bacon</P> wow I wouldnt have gotten that..... I sure do remember the pro bowler though I remember him playing next to Decon and Merlin he was a BIG boy
Having a few tech problems with the computer I'm on...........trying to iron them out
Z

Coy Bacon was a very large man for that era, was he not??

ny06
08-28-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos12/Bacon,Coy5.jpg</P>

Who is this D Lineman sacking Eli's Dad</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Had to look it up, this was a tough one</P>

It's Coy Bacon</P>

wow I wouldnt have gotten that..... I sure do remember the pro bowler though I remember him playing next to Decon and Merlin he was a BIG boy
Z

Coy Bacon was a very large man for that era, was he not??</P>

6'7" 270lbs</P>

YATittle1962
08-29-2010, 01:20 PM
the first time the Giants played the Panthers with Eli at QB was in the playoffs of the '05 season.....

our defense had 4 sacks in that game.

Stra had 2
Osi had 1

who had the other?

jomo
08-29-2010, 01:59 PM
the first time the Giants played the Panthers with Eli at QB was in the playoffs of the '05 season..... our defense had 4 sacks in that game. Stra had 2 Osi had 1 who had the other?Am I allowed a hint YA? Was it a Dback? We sent alot of guys from the edge that year.

YATittle1962
08-29-2010, 06:22 PM
the first time the Giants played the Panthers with Eli at QB was in the playoffs of the '05 season..... our defense had 4 sacks in that game. Stra had 2 Osi had 1 who had the other?Am I allowed a hint YA? Was it a Dback? We sent alot of guys from the edge that year.

was a LB.......big boy

jomo
08-29-2010, 07:44 PM
the first time the Giants played the Panthers with Eli at QB was in the playoffs of the '05 season..... our defense had 4 sacks in that game. Stra had 2 Osi had 1 who had the other?Am I allowed a hint YA? Was it a Dback? We sent alot of guys from the edge that year. was a LB.......big boyWe played that game with a bunch of replacements due to a rash of injuries. Assuming your mystery man is not a household name, was it Nick Greisen?

rbcarpenter
08-29-2010, 08:01 PM
alonzo jackson.man,i loved greisen,jomo,i was super pissed when they let him go f.a.

jomo
08-29-2010, 08:08 PM
alonzo jackson.man,i loved greisen,jomo,i was super pissed when they let him go f.a.
I liked Greisen too but would have never guessed Alonzo Jackson.

rbcarpenter
08-29-2010, 10:00 PM
when ya said,"big guy",i knew who it was, 6'4" 270 lbs.

zimonami
08-29-2010, 11:23 PM
</P>

Howdy guys. Wanted to weigh in about how I feel about Greisen... If he was on the squad now, I'd feel a whole lot better about our LB situation. I'd at least know we have one solid guy.</P>

Was speaking to my son today and we agreed that these past 2 years might have seen the worst LB crew we've had since I've been watching... 1958. <U>Name a crew that was worse</U>. (might as well make this a question, so maybe we can debate it, cuz there's no definitive answer, except everyone's agreement as to the best... LT, Carson, Reasons, Banks... anyone disagree with that?</P>

Last year I was one that felt confidant our existing WR's were going to do the job, and that we didn't need an established #1 from a trade, or a high priced FA,... and they did the job, to most people's pleasant surprise.</P>

A hope the LB's are this years surprise, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're not. If they give us just solid play, I'll feel a whole lot better about going to the playoffs.</P>

YATittle1962
08-29-2010, 11:24 PM
</P>

Howdy guys. Wanted to weigh in about I feel about Greisen... If he was on the squad now, I'd feel a whole lot better about our LB situation.* I'd at least know we have one solid guy.</P>

Was speaking to my son today and we agreed that these past 2 ywars might have seen the worst LB crew we've had since I've been watching... 1958. <U>Name a crew that was worse</U>. (might as well make this a question, so maybe we can debate it, cuz there's no definitive answer, except everyone's agreement as to the best...** LT, Carson, Reasons, Banks... anyone disagree with that?</P>

Last year I was one that felt confidant our existing WR's were going to do the job, and that we didn't need an established #1 from a trade, or a high priced FA,... and they did the job, to most people's pleasant surprise.</P>

A hope the LB's are this years surprise, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're not. If they give us just solid play, I'll feel a whole lot better about going to the playoffs.</P>

Zimmy

I PM'd you a couple days ago.

hit it up

ny06
08-29-2010, 11:27 PM
</P>

Howdy guys. Wanted to weigh in about I feel about Greisen... If he was on the squad now, I'd feel a whole lot better about our LB situation. I'd at least know we have one solid guy.</P>

Was speaking to my son today and we agreed that these past 2 ywars might have seen the worst LB crew we've had since I've been watching... 1958. <U>Name a crew that was worse</U>. (might as well make this a question, so maybe we can debate it, cuz there's no definitive answer, except everyone's agreement as to the best... LT, Carson, Reasons, Banks... anyone disagree with that?</P>

</P>

They were the best, but lets add Armstead, Pepper, and Van Pelt to the list of linebackers that wore blue with pride and punishment. </P>

zimonami
08-29-2010, 11:45 PM
</P>

Howdy guys. Wanted to weigh in about I feel about Greisen... If he was on the squad now, I'd feel a whole lot better about our LB situation. I'd at least know we have one solid guy.</P>

Was speaking to my son today and we agreed that these past 2 ywars might have seen the worst LB crew we've had since I've been watching... 1958. <U>Name a crew that was worse</U>. (might as well make this a question, so maybe we can debate it, cuz there's no definitive answer, except everyone's agreement as to the best... LT, Carson, Reasons, Banks... anyone disagree with that?</P>

Zimmy I PM'd you a couple days ago. hit it up</P>

Back atcha, YA</P>

zimonami
08-29-2010, 11:52 PM
</P>

</P>

They were the best, but lets add Armstead, Pepper, and Van Pelt to the list of linebackers that wore blue with pride and punishment. </P>

</P>

yea, but there are a whole lot of other guys who were solid. You'd have to include Pierce until '08. Kelly was real good, Dan Lloyd, .. many solid guys, we could name.... no weak links, and you always had at least one really good guy. But, who can you say was a solid guy last year? Do you expect a really solid guy this year? I think Bulluck will be OK, but he's surely not going to be his old self this season on his knee. Boley? I'd love to see Sintim come around, but that would be one of those pleasant surprises. We need someone at LB to step up.</P>

ny06
08-30-2010, 09:38 AM
</P>

</P>

</P>

yea, but there are a whole lot of other guys who were solid. You'd have to include Pierce until '08. Kelly was real good, Dan Lloyd, .. many solid guys, we could name.... no weak links, and you always had at least one really good guy. But, who can you say was a solid guy last year? Do you expect a really solid guy this year? I think Bulluck will be OK, but he's surely not going to be his old self this season on his knee. Boley? I'd love to see Sintim come around, but that would be one of those pleasant surprises. We need someone at LB to step up.</P>

</P>

I was thinking of Pierce and Kelly as well. Oh got to add Huff</P>

I am confident that if Bulluck stays healthy he can contribute and bring back some toughness to the linebackers. I think Boley is a solid player, Sintim is a question mark. I dont know what to expect from him, I hope he can play well if not put someone who can do the job. </P>

The linebackers of the Giants are no way near what this franchise is used to producing. </P>

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 03:31 PM

Alonzo it was......big fierce dude.....

I also loved Greisen.......Blackburn reminds me of him a bit sometimes

SEC105
08-30-2010, 04:52 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3196/2534660645_b7508f1450.jpg?v=1212254668</P>

Found this old pic of the Army -Navy game @ Yankee Stadium....notice the monuments in the background thought you guys might like it</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675068216_football-match_Yankee-Stadium_New-York-Giants_Pittsburgh-Steelers</P>

Might enjoy these old highlights also</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 05:09 PM
http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675068216_football-match_Yankee-Stadium_New-York-Giants_Pittsburgh-Steelers</P>

Z</P>

that was amazing SEC....thank you....

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 05:13 PM
did you guys take any pictures at the Steeler game.....id love to see

SEC105
08-30-2010, 05:31 PM

Z</P>

that was amazing SEC....thank you....</P>

Had not seen some of those highlight reelsin quite awhile.......going to keep searching and will post some more as Icome across them</P>

Looking for one game in particular..............YA and the Giants @ Yankee Stadium vs. the Redskins Oct. 28 , 1962 [;)]</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 05:40 PM

Z</P>

that was amazing SEC....thank you....</P>

Had not seen some of those highlight reels*in quite awhile.......going to keep searching and will post some more as I*come across them</P>

Looking for one game in particular..............YA and the Giants @ Yankee Stadium vs. the Redskins* Oct. 28 , 1962* [;)]</P>

Z</P>

you have no idea what I would give to see footage of that day.

if I close my eyes I can smell the popcorn and beer

zimonami
08-30-2010, 05:50 PM
did you guys take any pictures at the Steeler game.....id love to see</P>

yeah, but nobody knows how to post them on here ... we have rbc, SEC, zim, and my son, David.</P>

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 05:51 PM

yeah, but nobody knows how to post them on here** ... we have rbc, SEC, zim, and my son, David.</P>

I gotta see them :)

whats the trouble with posting them?

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 08:03 PM
ok guys

name 2 (and soon to possibly be 3) back up QBs in the NYG Coughlin era that signed in the spring and didnt make it to week 1 due to injury

Z

zimonami
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM

yeah, but nobody knows how to post them on here ... we have rbc, SEC, zim, and my son, David.</P>

I gotta see them :) whats the trouble with posting them?</P>

PM, YA... on 'yo zim'</P>

rbcarpenter
08-30-2010, 09:08 PM
ok guys

name 2 (and soon to possibly be 3) back up QBs in the NYG Coughlin era that signed in the spring and didnt make it to week 1 due to injury

Ztim couch?anthony wright?hey ya,i sent you some e-mails,give them a look-see!

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 09:20 PM

yeah, but nobody knows how to post them on here** ... we have rbc, SEC, zim, and my son, David.</P>

I gotta see them :) whats the trouble with posting them?</P>

PM, YA... on 'yo zim'</P>

back at ya Zim

YATittle1962
08-30-2010, 09:43 PM
ok guys

Ztim couch?anthony wright?hey ya,i sent you some e-mails,give them a look-see!

rbc

great vids

absolutely love the Carpenter jersey.......looks great on you........great great purchase!!!!

was Tim Couch ever a Giant?

either way,......looking for 2 different QBs

jmike
08-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Couch was never a Giant. I think the Tim he was groping for was Hasselback.

rbcarpenter
08-30-2010, 10:03 PM
negative jmike![:)]couch was a giant VERY BRIEFLY before the staff noticed his shoulder was shot and cut him.pre-season of the 2004 season.

rbcarpenter
08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
he was also briefly in green bay.[;)]oh.....and i don't "grope"for answers,lol!

jmike
08-30-2010, 10:07 PM
negative jmike![:)]couch was a giant VERY BRIEFLY before the staff noticed his shoulder was shot and cut him.pre-season of the 2004 season.

Ok, you're right, I didn't recall that.

rbcarpenter
08-30-2010, 10:12 PM
hey,jmike,no biggie,no anger,nothing like that.this is the only 5 star thread in this entire forum-we just do this for fun,not for bad feelings or anything like that.welcome!c'mon,toss out some questions,we need some new blood!![&lt;:o)]

oh,ZIM,i am sending you some vids karen took after we left you guys.check your e-mail!

jmike
08-30-2010, 10:15 PM
hey,jmike,no biggie,no anger,nothing like that.this is the only 5 star thread in this entire forum-we just do this for fun,not for bad feelings or anything like that.welcome!c'mon,toss out some questions,we need some new blood!![&lt;:o)]

What is a 5 star thread?

zimonami
08-31-2010, 12:03 AM

oh,ZIM,i am sending you some vids karen took after we left you guys.check your e-mail!
</P>

Nothing came thru yet, rbc.</P>

YATittle1962
08-31-2010, 12:07 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8606/p1000368f.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4330/p1000369s.jpg

I hope these show up in the thread........I would have loved to be in these pics....

next time for sure

look at these handsome *******s!!!!!

YATittle1962
08-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Couch was never a Giant.* I think the Tim he was groping for was Hasselback.*

totally forgot about that rbc.....

so there will most likely be 4 guys at the QB position soon who were signed in the spring and didnt make it to week 1 due to injury in the Coughlin era....

Couch, possibly Sorgi.......and the 2 I was looking for....

any takers?

Im pretty sure Im right on these.......you guys gotta let me know if Im off.......

zimonami
08-31-2010, 01:10 AM
totally forgot about that rbc..... so there will most likely be 4 guys at the QB position soon who were signed in the spring and didnt make it to week 1 due to injury in the Coughlin era.... Couch, possibly Sorgi.......and the 2 I was looking for.... any takers? Im pretty sure Im right on these.......you guys gotta let me know if Im off.......</P>

You're killing me, YA. I've been trying to remember the QB's, and can't, and thought you were gonna tell.</P>

zimonami
08-31-2010, 01:11 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8606/p1000368f.jpg http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4330/p1000369s.jpg I hope these show up in the thread........I would have loved to be in these pics.... next time for sure look at these handsome *******s!!!!!</P>

That's rbc, zim's son David, zim, and SEC</P>

ny06
08-31-2010, 09:46 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8606/p1000368f.jpg http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4330/p1000369s.jpg I hope these show up in the thread........I would have loved to be in these pics.... next time for sure look at these handsome *******s!!!!!</P>

That's rbc, zim's son David, zim, and SEC</P>

</P>

Great to put a face to the names. </P>

You guys must of had a blast </P>

ny06
08-31-2010, 09:48 AM

What is a 5 star thread?
</P>

Any user can rate a post. All you have to do is put the mouse over the stars on the right corner of the post. And you can select 1-5 stars.</P>

rbcarpenter
08-31-2010, 10:11 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8606/p1000368f.jpg http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4330/p1000369s.jpg I hope these show up in the thread........I would have loved to be in these pics.... next time for sure look at these handsome *******s!!!!!</p>

That's rbc, zim's son David, zim, and SEC</p>

</p>

Great to put a face to the names. </p>

You guys must of had a blast </p>i am going back to the gym on monday,thank god!!!finally cleared by the doc!

rbcarpenter
08-31-2010, 10:12 AM
oh,zim,i sent the vids last night to your e-mail not your pm.if you don't get them,give me a shout and i'll try again!

zimonami
08-31-2010, 10:26 AM
oh,zim,i sent the vids last night to your e-mail not your pm.if you don't get them,give me a shout and i'll try again!
</P>

didn't receive them, rbc. Check the PM for the address.</P>

jmike
08-31-2010, 10:27 AM

What is a 5 star thread?
</p>

Any user can rate a post. All you have to do is put the mouse over the stars on the right corner of the post. And you can select 1-5 stars.</p>

Is there something won for getting 5 stars?

rbcarpenter
08-31-2010, 10:35 AM
no,jmike,it is just a way people rate the thread you are on,so that when you jump onto it,you know it's high quality,that's all.

ok,,zim,i'll do some checking and send you a pm later.

jmike
08-31-2010, 10:37 AM
no,jmike,it is just a way people rate the thread you are on,so that when you jump onto it,you know it's high quality,that's all.

Ok, makes sense. How do I see how many stars a thread gets before I open it?

rbcarpenter
08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
hey ,zim,i got the e-mail address you sent me on the pm,the vids should be there now!

zimonami
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
hey ,zim,i got the e-mail address you sent me on the pm,the vids should be there now!
</P>

still No Go. Must be lost in the ether.</P>

YATittle1962
08-31-2010, 01:35 PM
</P>

hahahahahaha

love it

ny06
08-31-2010, 03:09 PM
In the #93 season who led the team in touchdown receptions?

ny06
08-31-2010, 03:10 PM

How do I see how many stars a thread gets before I open it?
</P>

you dont</P>

SEC105
08-31-2010, 03:44 PM
In the #93 season who led the team in touchdown receptions?</P>

http://www.sportswearhouse.com/store/media/8x0automarkjacksongiants.jpg</P>

Was it Mark Jackson NY06...............one the "New Jersey Broncos" Coach Reeves brought in?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM

Was it Mark Jackson NY06...............one the "New Jersey Broncos" Coach Reeves brought in?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good guess SEC, But sorry it is incorrect</P>

zimonami
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
</P>

</P>

Got it, rbc! it went into my junk mail. I had deleted it, along with dozens of other crap that goes in there and I didn't recognize it. But, I saved it in time... Thank you, and thank Karen. I knew you'd get a good spot in handicapped.</P>

We got to our seats after the Giants came out to the field. Until I saw the video I didn't know they changed the side of the locker rooms.</P>

Be well.</P>

SEC105
08-31-2010, 04:26 PM
</P>

</P>

Got it, rbc! it went into my junk mail. I had deleted it, along with dozens of other crap that goes in there and I didn't recognize it. But, I saved it in time... Thank you, and thank Karen. I knew you'd get a good spot in handicapped.</P>

We got to our seats after the Giants came out to the field. Until I saw the video I didn't know they changed the side of the locker rooms.</P>

Be well.</P>

</P>

I was wondering which corner the Giants would enter the field also............they are entering from our corner just like in oldGiants Stadium ....was happy to see that</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
</P>

</P>

Be well.</P>

</P>

could you guys send me that video</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
08-31-2010, 04:33 PM
In the #93 season who led the team in touchdown receptions?</p>

http://www.sportswearhouse.com/store/media/8x0automarkjacksongiants.jpg</p>

Was it Mark Jackson NY06...............one the "New Jersey Broncos" Coach Reeves brought in?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Good guess SEC, But sorry it is incorrect</p>i'll guess Ho Cro.

SEC105
08-31-2010, 04:35 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Trying to think of other WRs that year....How about Ed McCaffrey?He wasaGiant in 93</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZKGhDfFPQ</P>

Z</P>

ny06
08-31-2010, 04:38 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Trying to think of other WRs that year....How about Ed McCaffrey?He wasaGiant in 93</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I think McCaffrey led the team in touchdown receptions the season before. </P>

But sorry it's not Ed</P>

Think of the most unlikely player</P>

ny06
08-31-2010, 04:38 PM

Z</P>

</P>

i'll guess Ho Cro.
</P>

correct. Good job</P>

SEC105
08-31-2010, 05:07 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

http://www.garyswine.com/media/shop_giants/howard_cross.jpg</P>

Say what lol no I never would have guessed it was Howard</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
08-31-2010, 05:57 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

http://www.garyswine.com/media/shop_giants/howard_cross.jpg</P>

Say what lol no I never would have guessed it was Howard</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Me neither. We had years when TE's led the team... but, you'd never guess Cross.</P>

ny06
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Name this player?</P>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2vsn1y1.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Couch was never a Giant.* I think the Tim he was groping for was Hasselback.*
totally forgot about that rbc..... so there will most likely be 4 guys at the QB position soon who were signed in the spring and didnt make it to week 1 due to injury in the Coughlin era.... Couch, possibly Sorgi.......and the 2 I was looking for.... any takers? Im pretty sure Im right on these.......you guys gotta let me know if Im off.......</P>

You're killing me, YA. I've been trying to remember the QB's, and can't, and thought you were gonna tell.</P>

the two guys I was thinking of were Rob Johnson and Jim Miller

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?

ny06
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?</P>

Good guess YA, but sorry that is incorrect</P>

I will be shocked if anyone can get this</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?</P>

he is the only 71 i recall that would have worn that hemet......

i bet rbc gets it

ny06
09-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?</P>

he is the only 71 i recall that would have worn that hemet...... i bet rbc gets it</P>

Hint He wore #95 on gameday</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?</P>

he is the only 71 i recall that would have worn that hemet...... i bet rbc gets it</P>

tough one.....not ringing a bell

one of the guys will get it

zimonami
09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?</P>

</P>

At first I was thinking Christian Peter, but your hint did it... I think. He was, somehow, a fan favorite for the short time he was here... maybe because of his effort, and he stuck out in my pea brain...Frank Ferrara?</P>

zimonami
09-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?</P>

</P>

At first I was thinking Christian Peter, but your hint did it... I think. He was, somehow, a fan favorite for the short time he was here... maybe because of his effort, and he stuck out in my pea brain...Frank Ferrara?</P>

</P>

It just smacked me in the brain... I know why Ferrara was a fan favorite, and one of mine, too... he was a Brooklyn Boy!</P>

jmike
09-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Name this player?</p>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2vsn1y1.jpg</p>

Frank Ferrara?

jmike
09-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Oops should have kept scrolling.

rbcarpenter
09-01-2010, 06:36 PM
i just looked at 10 years of rosters,did not see a #95.(90-99)

jmike
09-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Go here :

http://uri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=42521

you'll see

rbcarpenter
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
sent me to a high school athletic site,lol!thinking about it,i will agree with you guys and say it must be ferrera.

jmike
09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
sent me to a high school athletic site,lol!thinking about it,i will agree with you guys and say it must be ferrera.

It was an article about Ferrara with that picture of him in it.

ny06
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Name this player?</P>

is it Casey Merrill?</P>

</P>

</P>

Good job Zim</P>

And jmike for getting it correct too =)</P>

</P>

zimonami
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM

the two guys I was thinking of were Rob Johnson and Jim Miller</P>

Good one, YA... I never was close to guessing either of them.</P>

ny06
09-02-2010, 12:54 AM
</P>

http://i51.tinypic.com/30iysle.jpg</P>

rbcarpenter
09-02-2010, 05:58 AM
ahhh,seeing your photo,ny06,i see from the helmet logo that this was 2000 or after-i only checked 1990 to 1999,the other photo looked like the "giants"logo-my bad guys!

jmike
09-02-2010, 10:30 AM
ahhh,seeing your photo,ny06,i see from the helmet logo that this was 2000 or after-i only checked 1990 to 1999,the other photo looked like the "giants"logo-my bad guys!

The 1990 team had Kent Wells on it. Number 95 got a ring.

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 10:39 AM
name a NYG QB who was named the leagues MVP in a season where he was strangely not voted to the pro bowl.

bonus....what season was it?

jmike
09-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Ed Reynolds wore #95 in 1992.

Mark Flythe in 1993.

In 1997 it was Antonio Edwards.

jmike
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
name a NYG QB who was named the leagues MVP in a season where he was strangely not voted to the pro bowl.

1959 Charlie Connerly

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:10 AM

1959 Charlie Connerly

nicely done j......

in case you didnt read the original post in this thread....we use the honor system here....

if you look up the answer no harm no foul......just mention it when you give your answer......

its always nice to see new blood here and we love your input......

throw some questions out.....

in case you havent noticed the wiley ole vets around here are.

Zimmy
rbc
SEC
ny06
jints 10
Roswell, keyofgmen, and jomo pop in when they can

ive noticed you cant stop yourself from peeking in and seeing what questions are out there.... ;)

welcome aboard

we all hold this thread pretty close to us ....hopefully you will feel the same soon

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I looked up the year, but I knew the only MVP QBs were Tittle and Connerly and I didn't think Tittle could get MVP without a Pro Bowl.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
But there is trivia for you. Who are the 5 NFL MVPs in Giant's history?

rbcarpenter
09-02-2010, 11:28 AM
conerly,tittle,gifford,taylor.....that's all i can think of....[:'(]not even sure about giff.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
conerly,tittle,gifford,taylor.....that's all i can think of....[:'(]

There is one more, hint he is in the HOF. (i think).....[yea, he has to be]

rbcarpenter
09-02-2010, 11:32 AM
conerly,tittle,gifford,taylor.....that's all i can think of....[:'(]not even sure about giff.
had to look it up as i was VERY curious-simms!

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:33 AM

I always thought Rosey Brown could have been multiple times......but they would never look at an O lineman......

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM

Nope not Simms.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Simms won Super Bowl MVP, not NFL. This last guy won it 44 years before I was born. Last hint.

rbcarpenter
09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
untied enterprise nfl mvp,1986-phil simmsthis was voted on by the players,not the superbowl or pro bowl mvp).......but i did see the one your talking about-1962 bert bell award....andy robustelli.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:43 AM
untied enterprise nfl mvp,1986-phil simms.......but i did see the one your talking about-1962 bert bell award....andy robustelli.

Lawrence Taylor won the MVP in 1986 their Super Bowl year, Simms won the Super Bowl MVP that year. I was like 4 when that happened, but grew up hearing about that.

rbcarpenter
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM
yes that's true...but if you google"nfl league mvps",you'll see that the united enterprise season mvp,as voted on by the nflpa reps,was simms.you'll see the award began being given in 1955 to present,and there are several players as mvp for their respective season in which their team did not play for the nfl championship,or the super bowl.1976-bert jones,1990-warren moon,2006-ltd.so this is not a super bowl mvp......just sayin'[:$]

ny06
09-02-2010, 02:40 PM

</P>

The last player to the list is the great Mel Hein</P>

It is crazy how an o-lineman can with the MVP, but during Hein's era it was a diffrent game. They played both sides of the ball back then. </P>

ny06
09-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Out of these 3 players, who did not play for the Giants?</P>

http://i54.tinypic.com/b877kl.jpg</P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/205771l.jpg</P>

http://i56.tinypic.com/24zj2c7.jpg</P>

byron
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey guys hope everybody's good ...I have a question I don't know the answer to..I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything...what is that stuff that flies up out of the artificial turf and why wouldn't that make it slippery..hope you don't mind the question ..</P>

byron</P>

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey guys hope everybody's good ...I have a question I don't know the answer to..I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything...what is that stuff that flies up out of the artificial turf and why wouldn't that make it slippery..hope you don't mind the question ..</P>

byron</P>

they are like rubber gravel pellets ....they kind of give the field turf the consistency that it has

doesnt make it slippery.....gives it some "give" if you will

byron
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM

byron</P>

they are like rubber gravel pellets ....they kind of give the field turf the consistency that it has </P>

thanks Ya... I've seen the stuff fly up and announcer's mention it from time to time.. seems like a lot of it in there and I would think it would be slippery especially making cuts... anyway thanks againYA</P>

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:13 PM
yes that's true...but if you google"nfl league mvps",you'll see that the united enterprise season mvp,as voted on by the nflpa reps,was simms.you'll see the award began being given in 1955 to present,and there are several players as mvp for their respective season in which their team did not play for the nfl championship,or the super bowl.1976-bert jones,1990-warren moon,2006-ltd.so this is not a super bowl mvp......just sayin'[:$]

OK, doesn't change the fact that Simms was never a league MVP.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:15 PM

</p>

The last player to the list is the great Mel Hein</p>

It is crazy how an o-lineman can with the MVP, but during Hein's era it was a diffrent game. They played both sides of the ball back then. </p>

Well done sir.

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Vencie was a Giant

Mike Croel Im almost positive was a Giant

and Im not completely sure who the Lion is.....so ill say him

;)

ny06
09-02-2010, 11:21 PM

Vencie was a Giant Mike Croel Im almost positive was a Giant and Im not completely sure who the Lion is.....so ill say him ;)</P>

You are correct about the first 2</P>

And the 3rd player is Barrett Green, he played for us in 04; he did not do much. Then got that season ending injury.</P>

Trick question, they were all Giants =)</P>

ny06
09-02-2010, 11:22 PM

</P>

The last player to the list is the great Mel Hein</P>

It is crazy how an o-lineman can with the MVP, but during Hein's era it was a diffrent game. They played both sides of the ball back then. </P>

Well done sir.
</P>

Thanks </P>

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:25 PM
wow...didnt recognize Green

ny06
09-02-2010, 11:27 PM
wow...didnt recognize Green</P>

I am impressed you got Croel [Y]</P>

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:29 PM

he was a hell of a player for Dan Reeves

ny06
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM

he was a hell of a player for Dan Reeves</P>

I may be wrong, didn't he win defensive rookie of the year in Denver</P>

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:32 PM

not sure.....very good possibility

ny06
09-02-2010, 11:36 PM

not sure.....very good possibility</P>

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/history/awards/apdroy</P>

rbcarpenter
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
in 1959,the giants drafted a wr in the second round,but because he played in the college all-star game,he couldn't pick up the system quickly enough and was in the last wave of cuts-who was he?

YATittle1962
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
in 1959,the giants drafted a wr in the second round,but because he played in the college all-star game,he couldn't pick up the system quickly enough and was in the last wave of cuts-who was he?

fantastic question rbc

gotta be Buddy Dial....long time Steeler.....who used to carve us up every chance he got......almost looked like he played a little harder against us

in the early 60s it seemed he got a TD or 2 in every game we played against them.....

zimonami
09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
fantastic question rbc gotta be Buddy Dial....long time Steeler.....who used to carve us up every chance he got......almost looked like he played a little harder against us in the early 60s it seemed he got a TD or 2 in every game we played against them.....</P>

Wow... I never realized we drafted Dial. You're right, YA, he was tough against us. Bummer. Today, like with Moss, he would have stuck for a whilebecause of not wanting togive up onthe value of the pick</P>

zimonami
09-03-2010, 11:08 AM
fantastic question rbc gotta be Buddy Dial....long time Steeler.....who used to carve us up every chance he got......almost looked like he played a little harder against us in the early 60s it seemed he got a TD or 2 in every game we played against them.....</P>

Wow... I never realized we drafted Dial. You're right, YA, he was tough against us. Bummer. Today, like with Moss, he would have stuck for a whilebecause of not wanting togive up onthe value of the pick</P>

</P>

Who was our first pick that year... '59?</P>

zimonami
09-03-2010, 11:10 AM

</P>

</P>

That draft was a bummer. But, we did find a jewel in the 3rd round.</P>

Who? And what football powerhouse did he come from? (lol...Not!)</P>

rbcarpenter
09-03-2010, 11:16 AM
you got it zim,way to go!my dad always said that that was one of the DUMBEST personnel moves he had ever seen the g-men make.

YATittle1962
09-03-2010, 11:16 AM

Wow... I never realized we drafted Dial.* You're right, YA, he was tough against us.* Bummer.* Today, like with Moss, he would have stuck for a while*because of not wanting to*give up on*the value of the pick</P>

</P>

</P>

Im drawing a blank on the first rounder that year....

but wasnt the 3rd rounder Joe Morrison?

out of big bad Cincinnati....hahahaha

Joe was one of the best Giants there will ever be......ever!!!

zimonami
09-03-2010, 11:55 AM
you got it zim,way to go!my dad always said that that was one of the DUMBEST personnel moves he had ever seen the g-men make.
</P>

we've pulled some beauts over the years... but, I guess every team does. It just hurts when they go to another team and come back to haunt you. I thought that was going to happen with Cornelius Griffin, but he's just played so-so against us.</P>

zimonami
09-03-2010, 11:58 AM

</P>

</P>

Im drawing a blank on the first rounder that year.... but wasnt the 3rd rounder Joe Morrison? out of big bad Cincinnati....hahahaha Joe was one of the best Giants there will ever be......ever!!!</P>

C'mon, YATittle1962... Ok... here's a hint. If this 1st rounder had shown more promise his first 2 years we never would have traded for Mr. Y.A. Tittle1961</P>

jmike
09-03-2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/1990Giants.jpg

Which season Giant's team is this and how many can you name?

ny06
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM

</P>

That looks like the 1990 season?</P>

I can name practically the whole team lol</P>

<U>Starting from the bottom left</U></P>

Raul Allgere</P>

Sean Landeta</P>

#6 no idea</P>

Matt Bahr</P>

#13 no idea</P>

Jeff Hostetler</P>

Reyna Thompson</P>

Lee Rouson</P>

Perry Williams</P>

<U>Next row left side</U></P>

OJ Anderson</P>

Mark Collins</P>

Dave Duerson</P>

Rodney Hampton</P>

Simms</P>

Bill Parcells</P>

LT</P>

Banks</P>

Everson Walls</P>

Myron Guyton</P>

Dave Meggett</P>

#34 no idea</P>

David Whitmore</P>

Maurice Carthon</P>

Roger Brown</P>

Greg Jackson</P>

Bobby Abrams</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Gary Reasons</P>

Brian Williams</P>

Eric Moore</P>

Bob Kratch</P>

#64 no idea</P>

Bart Oates</P>

William Roberts</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Doug Riesenberg</P>

John Washington</P>

dont know the number next to J. Washington</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

<U>Next Row left side</U></P>

Eric Dorsey</P>

dont see the number</P>

Bob Mrosko</P>

Stacey Robinson</P>

Mark Ingram</P>

Odessa Turner</P>

Stephen Baker</P>

Lionel Manuel</P>

Howard Cross</P>

Mark Bavaro</P>

Mike Fox</P>

No idea who #95 is</P>

Johnie Cooks</P>

Steve Deossie</P>

Phew that was alot of typing lol</P>

That was my fav Giant team. No way will I forget the guys that year</P>

jmike
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM

</p>

That looks like the 1990 season?</p>

I can name pratically the whole team lol</p>

<u>Starting from the bottom left</u></p>

Raul Allgere</p>

Sean Landeta</p>

#6 no idea</p>

Matt Bahr</p>

#13 no idea</p>

Jeff Hostetler</p>

Reyna Thompson</p>

Lee Rouson</p>

Perry Williams</p>

<u>Next row left side</u></p>

OJ Anderson</p>

Mark Collins</p>

Dave Duerson</p>

Rodney Hampton</p>

Simms</p>

Bill Parcells</p>

LT</p>

Banks</p>

Everson Walls</p>

Myron Guyton</p>

Dave Meggett</p>

#34 no idea</p>

David Whitmore</p>

Maurice Carthon</p>

Roger Brown</p>

Greg Jackson</p>

Bobby Abrams</p>

Pepper Johnson</p>

Gary Reasons</p>

Brian Williams</p>

Eric Moore</p>

Bob Kratch</p>

#64 no idea</p>

Bart Oates</p>

William Roberts</p>

Leonard Marshall</p>

Doug Riesenberg</p>

John Washington</p>

dont know the number next to J. Washington</p>

Jumbo Elliot</p>

<u>Next Row left side</u></p>

Eric Dorsey</p>

dont see the number</p>

Bob Mrosko</p>

Stacey Robinson</p>

Mark Ingram</p>

Odessa Turner</p>

Stephen Baker</p>

Lionel Manuel</p>

Howard Cross</p>

Mark Bavaro</p>

Mike Fox</p>

No idea who #95 is</p>

Johnie Cooks</p>

Steve Deossie</p>

Phew that was alot of typing lol</p>

That was my fav Giant team. No way will I forget the guys that year</p>

Not bad. The guys you missed (without looking it up YA [:)])

6=Matt Cavenaugh
13=Matt Stover
34=Lewis Tillman
64=Tom Rehder
74=Erik Howard
78/79=I am at a loss
95=Kent Wells

Unlisted player=84 Troy Kyles, Larry McGrew, though I forget his number

ny06
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM

</P>

I can name pratically the whole team lol</P>

Raul Allgere</P>

Sean Landeta</P>

#6 no idea</P>

Matt Bahr</P>

#13 no idea</P>

Jeff Hostetler</P>

Reyna Thompson</P>

Lee Rouson</P>

Perry Williams</P>

OJ Anderson</P>

Mark Collins</P>

Dave Duerson</P>

Rodney Hampton</P>

Simms</P>

Bill Parcells</P>

LT</P>

Banks</P>

Everson Walls</P>

Myron Guyton</P>

Dave Meggett</P>

#34 no idea</P>

David Whitmore</P>

Maurice Carthon</P>

Roger Brown</P>

Greg Jackson</P>

Bobby Abrams</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Gary Reasons</P>

Brian Williams</P>

Eric Moore</P>

Bob Kratch</P>

#64 no idea</P>

Bart Oates</P>

William Roberts</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Doug Riesenberg</P>

John Washington</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

Eric Dorsey</P>

dont see the number</P>

Bob Mrosko</P>

Stacey Robinson</P>

Mark Ingram</P>

Odessa Turner</P>

Stephen Baker</P>

Lionel Manuel</P>

Howard Cross</P>

Mark Bavaro</P>

Mike Fox</P>

No idea who #95 is</P>

Johnie Cooks</P>

Steve Deossie</P>

6=Matt Cavenaugh
13=Matt Stover
34=Lewis Tillman
64=Tom Rehder
74=Erik Howard
78/79=I am at a loss
95=Kent Wells

</P>

How is the world did I forget Erik Howard and Lewis Tillman lol </P>

YATittle1962
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM

Wow... I never realized we drafted Dial.* You're right, YA, he was tough against us.* Bummer.* Today, like with Moss, he would have stuck for a while*because of not wanting to*give up on*the value of the pick</P>

</P>

</P>

Im drawing a blank on the first rounder that year.... but wasnt the 3rd rounder Joe Morrison? out of big bad Cincinnati....hahahaha Joe was one of the best Giants there will ever be......ever!!!</P>

C'mon, YATittle1962...* Ok... here's a hint.* If this 1st rounder had shown more promise his first 2 years we never would have traded for Mr. Y.A. Tittle1961</P>

ahhhhh....good hint....

gotta be Grosscup

SEC105
09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50558553.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 66F9DEB26E7878A79AFA91D4450AA4442AE3136B65279602B0 1E70F2B3269972</P>

Take aguess who this reciever is.....and who is the Giant DB. Little before my time. Looked this one up</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Yup... Grosscup</P>

And #40 is an ex Giant that even young Giant fans get to know about at an early age.</P>

</P>

Speaking of young... Thank you, 06, for tackling jmike's question. I didn't have the enthusiasm to do all that typing. You young turks gots to do all the sweat work for us old timers... lol. I woulda got Tillman and Howard, but I would have missed more than you did. </P>

SEC105
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM

</P>

I can name pratically the whole team lol</P>

Raul Allgere</P>

Sean Landeta</P>

#6 no idea</P>

Matt Bahr</P>

#13 no idea</P>

Jeff Hostetler</P>

Reyna Thompson</P>

Lee Rouson</P>

Perry Williams</P>

OJ Anderson</P>

Mark Collins</P>

Dave Duerson</P>

Rodney Hampton</P>

Simms</P>

Bill Parcells</P>

LT</P>

Banks</P>

Everson Walls</P>

Myron Guyton</P>

Dave Meggett</P>

#34 no idea</P>

David Whitmore</P>

Maurice Carthon</P>

Roger Brown</P>

Greg Jackson</P>

Bobby Abrams</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Gary Reasons</P>

Brian Williams</P>

Eric Moore</P>

Bob Kratch</P>

#64 no idea</P>

Bart Oates</P>

William Roberts</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Doug Riesenberg</P>

John Washington</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

Eric Dorsey</P>

dont see the number</P>

Bob Mrosko</P>

Stacey Robinson</P>

Mark Ingram</P>

Odessa Turner</P>

Stephen Baker</P>

Lionel Manuel</P>

Howard Cross</P>

Mark Bavaro</P>

Mike Fox</P>

No idea who #95 is</P>

Johnie Cooks</P>

Steve Deossie</P>

6=Matt Cavenaugh
13=Matt Stover
34=Lewis Tillman
64=Tom Rehder
74=Erik Howard
78/79=I am at a loss
95=Kent Wells

</P>

How is the world did I forget Erik Howard and Lewis Tillman lol </P>

</P>

No. 73 , I believe , is John Washington DL He spent quite a few years as a Giant</P>

Z</P>

jmike
09-03-2010, 04:54 PM

</p>

That looks like the 1990 season?</p>

I can name pratically the whole team lol</p>

<u>Starting from the bottom left</u></p>

Raul Allgere</p>

Sean Landeta</p>

#6 no idea</p>

Matt Bahr</p>

#13 no idea</p>

Jeff Hostetler</p>

Reyna Thompson</p>

Lee Rouson</p>

Perry Williams</p>

OJ Anderson</p>

Mark Collins</p>

Dave Duerson</p>

Rodney Hampton</p>

Simms</p>

Bill Parcells</p>

LT</p>

Banks</p>

Everson Walls</p>

Myron Guyton</p>

Dave Meggett</p>

#34 no idea</p>

David Whitmore</p>

Maurice Carthon</p>

Roger Brown</p>

Greg Jackson</p>

Bobby Abrams</p>

Pepper Johnson</p>

Gary Reasons</p>

Brian Williams</p>

Eric Moore</p>

Bob Kratch</p>

#64 no idea</p>

Bart Oates</p>

William Roberts</p>

Leonard Marshall</p>

Doug Riesenberg</p>

John Washington</p>

dont know the number next to J. Washington</p>

Jumbo Elliot</p>

<u>Next Row left side</u></p>

Eric Dorsey</p>

dont see the number</p>

Bob Mrosko</p>

Stacey Robinson</p>

Mark Ingram</p>

Odessa Turner</p>

Stephen Baker</p>

Lionel Manuel</p>

Howard Cross</p>

Mark Bavaro</p>

Mike Fox</p>

No idea who #95 is</p>

Johnie Cooks</p>

Steve Deossie</p>

Phew that was alot of typing lol</p>

That was my fav Giant team. No way will I forget the guys that year</p>

6=Matt Cavenaugh
13=Matt Stover
34=Lewis Tillman
64=Tom Rehder
74=Erik Howard
78/79=I am at a loss
95=Kent Wells

</p>

How is the world did I forget Erik Howard and Lewis Tillman lol </p>

</p>

No. 73 , I believe , is John Washington DL He spent quite a few years as a Giant</p>

Z</p>

We got Washington. It is the player that is either 79 or 79 between Dorsey and Mrosko. Upon further thought I believe it is Clint James. Somebody else please check on that because my plaque from that season is in a box in my sister's attic.

SEC105
09-03-2010, 08:54 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50558553.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 66F9DEB26E7878A79AFA91D4450AA4442AE3136B65279602B0 1E70F2B3269972</p>

Take aguess who this reciever is.....and who is the Giant DB. Little before my time. Looked this one up</p>

Z</p>
You guys know who this WR was..................we let him go
Z

YATittle1962
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50558553.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A1466F9DEB26E7878A79AFA91D4450AA444 2AE3136B65279602B01E70F2B3269972</p>

Take a*guess who this reciever is.....and who is the Giant DB. Little before my time. Looked this one up</p>

Z</p>
Z

I cant see the pic SEC

SEC105
09-03-2010, 09:00 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50558553.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 66F9DEB26E7878A79AFA91D4450AA4442AE3136B65279602B0 1E70F2B3269972</p>

Take aguess who this reciever is.....and who is the Giant DB. Little before my time. Looked this one up</p>

Z</p>
Z

I cant see the pic SEC
Coming up fine on this end YA No. 84 for the Pittsburgh Steelers
Z

ny06
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50558553.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 66F9DEB26E7878A79AFA91D4450AA4442AE3136B65279602B0 1E70F2B3269972</P>

Take aguess who this reciever is.....and who is the Giant DB. Little before my time. Looked this one up</P>

Z</P>

Z
I cant see the pic SEC</P>

Same here</P>

SEC105
09-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Z</p>

Z
I cant see the pic SEC</p>

Same here</p>
It's working fine here Men...............is this a Long Island thing? Is the pic from this afternoon gone also ? posted about 3 pm....scroll back when you get the time
Z

ny06
09-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Z</P>

Z
I cant see the pic SEC</P>

Same here</P>

It's working fine here Men...............<FONT size=4>is this a Long Island thing?</FONT> Is the pic from this afternoon gone also ? posted about 3 pm....scroll back when you get the time
Z

</P>

Impossible, I am born &amp; raised in Long Island =) and I can't see it lol</P>

SEC105
09-03-2010, 09:32 PM

Z</p>

Z
I cant see the pic SEC</p>

Same here</p>

It's working fine here Men...............<font size="4">is this a Long Island thing?</font> Is the pic from this afternoon gone also ? posted about 3 pm....scroll back when you get the time
Z

</p>

Impossible, I am born &amp; raised in Long Island =) and I can't see it lol</p>
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bud/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-25.pngit's pasting nothing right?...................Damm , fellows my fualt , one of my Sons was showing me the way on this new freaking computer All my fault....I'll contact Bomar for advive[;)]

YATittle1962
09-04-2010, 11:38 PM
who was named the NY Giants D Coordinator and assistant head coach on March 1st. 1979?

ny06
09-04-2010, 11:39 PM
who was named the NY Giants D Coordinator and assistant head coach on March 1st. 1979?</P>

That sounds like Parcells?</P>

YATittle1962
09-04-2010, 11:44 PM
who was named the NY Giants D Coordinator and assistant head coach on March 1st. 1979?</P>

wasnt Hawkins the D Coordinator and Parcells LB coach?

.....or was it the other way around in 79?

why was I thinking it was Hawkins?

ny06
09-04-2010, 11:46 PM

wasnt Hawkins the D Coordinator and Parcells LB coach? .....or was it the other way around in 79? why was I thinking it was Hawkins?</P>

You might be right</P>

YATittle1962
09-05-2010, 09:05 AM

wasnt Hawkins the D Coordinator and Parcells LB coach? .....or was it the other way around in 79? why was I thinking it was Hawkins?</P>

You might be right</P>

hopefully one of the guys can clear this up......Im pretty confused right now....

;)

jmike
09-05-2010, 09:47 AM
who was named the NY Giants D Coordinator and assistant head coach on March 1st. 1979?</p>

That sounds like Parcells?</p>

wasnt Hawkins the D Coordinator and Parcells LB coach? .....or was it the other way around in 79? why was I thinking it was Hawkins?</p>

You might be right</p>

hopefully one of the guys can clear this up......Im pretty confused right now....

;)

I'll bite.

My guess is Parcells. Mostly since I never heard of Hawkins and I certainly don't remember 1979.

zimonami
09-05-2010, 10:46 AM

You might be right</P>

hopefully one of the guys can clear this up......Im pretty confused right now.... ;)

I'll bite.

My guess is Parcells. Mostly since I never heard of Hawkins and I certainly don't remember 1979.
</P>

I used to remember 1979. </P>

Don't remember Hawkins... except for Connie Hawkins/NBA</P>

I am zero help on this one :)</P>

Someone check Tuna's Bio. Meanwhile, I'm going for my walk... cya's later.</P>

jomo
09-05-2010, 12:26 PM

You might be right</P>

hopefully one of the guys can clear this up......Im pretty confused right now.... ;)

I'll bite.

</P>

Someone check Tuna's Bio. Meanwhile, I'm going for my walk... cya's later.</P>I'm with you Zim drawing a complete blank on Hawkins. I will still bet it was Parcells especially because of the assistant head coach thing.

zimonami
09-05-2010, 01:31 PM

You might be right</P>

I'll bite.

</P>

I'm with you Zim drawing a complete blank on Hawkins. I will still bet it was Parcells especially because of the assistant head coach thing.</P>

Wiki... Tuna was our DC in 79.</P>

YATittle1962
09-05-2010, 01:48 PM

You might be right</P>

I'll bite.

My guess is Parcells.* Mostly since I never heard of Hawkins and I certainly don't remember 1979.
</P>

I am zero help on this one** :)</P>

I'm with you Zim drawing a complete blank on Hawkins. I will still bet it was Parcells especially because of the assistant head coach thing.</P>

hmmm.....I guess Ralph Hawkins was LB coach in 79.....I know he was DC at one point

not sure when though

Beelzeboss
09-05-2010, 01:57 PM
OK, I got one!

Who scored the first ever NFL touchdown in giants stadium?

zimonami
09-05-2010, 03:03 PM

You might be right</P>

I'll bite.

</P>

hmmm.....I guess Ralph Hawkins was LB coach in 79.....I know he was DC at one point not sure when though</P>

Wiki says Hawkins was LB coach &amp; DC in '79... so one of their references is wrong.</P>

zimonami
09-05-2010, 03:07 PM
OK, I got one!

</P>

I knew it was a Cowboy, but couldn't remember, so I looked. Won't say because one oif the other guys might get it off their head.</P>

Who scored our stadium's first Giant TD on a pass reception, and on a run... both in that same Dallas game?</P>

YATittle1962
09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
OK, I got one!

</P>

I knew it was a Cowboy, but couldn't remember, so I looked. Won't say because one oif the other guys might get it off their head.</P>

Who scored our stadium's first Giant TD on a pass reception, and on a run... both in that same Dallas game?</P>

I know the first Giant TD was Morton to Robinson because as soon as it happened I made a point to log it into my memory banks and never forget the first Giant to reach the endzone in our new house.....it was in the second half if I remember correctly....

....im not sure about the rushing TD but ill guess Csonka

as for the first TD that was scored.....I have no idea.....it was a Cowboy though...

pretty sure they got in the endzone a few times before we saw paydirt in our new house

zimonami
09-05-2010, 04:54 PM
OK, I got one!

</P>

I know the first Giant TD was Morton to Robinson because as soon as it happened I made a point to log it into my memory banks and never forget the first Giant to reach the endzone in our new house.....it was in the second half if I remember correctly.... ....im not sure about the rushing TD but ill guess Csonka as for the first TD that was scored.....I have no idea.....it was a Cowboy though... pretty sure they got in the endzone a few times before we saw paydirt in our new house</P>

yeah, YA... Stacey (30 yds from Morton)and Czonka, 6 yd run, which made it 24-14 and final score</P>

YATittle1962
09-06-2010, 10:13 AM
OK, I got one!

</P>

I know the first Giant TD was Morton to Robinson because as soon as it happened I made a point to log it into my memory banks and never forget the first Giant to reach the endzone in our new house.....it was in the second half if I remember correctly.... ....im not sure about the rushing TD but ill guess Csonka as for the first TD that was scored.....I have no idea.....it was a Cowboy though... pretty sure they got in the endzone a few times before we saw paydirt in our new house</P>

yeah, YA... Stacey (30 yds from Morton)*and Czonka, 6 yd run, which made it 24-14 and final score</P>

who was the Cowboy Zim?

im curious

rbcarpenter
09-06-2010, 11:13 AM
i think the cowboy was robert"thunder thighs"newhouse.

zimonami
09-06-2010, 11:50 AM
</P>

you got it, rbc. Newhouse.</P>

Who is going to score the first Giant TD in the new stadium?</P>

I'll say Bradshaw</P>

YATittle1962
09-06-2010, 11:53 AM
</P>

you got it, rbc.* Newhouse.</P>

I'll say Bradshaw</P>

Im gonna say Hakeem Nicks

jomo
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
</P>

I'll say Bradshaw</P> Im gonna say Hakeem NicksSorry boys but it is going to be Osi on a strip to a fumble recovery to a TD. You heard it here first lol..........and it would be appropriate for the first TD at Giants stadium by the Giants be scored by the DEFENSE!!!

Dweel19
09-06-2010, 11:58 AM
</P>

I'll say Bradshaw</P> Im gonna say Hakeem NicksSorry boys but it is going to be Osi on a strip to a fumble recovery to a TD. You heard it here first lol..........and it would be appropriate for the first TD at Giants stadium by the Giants be scored by the DEFENSE!!! I say Rolle is gonna pick one off and take it to the house.

YATittle1962
09-06-2010, 12:02 PM
</P>

I'll say Bradshaw</P> Im gonna say Hakeem NicksSorry boys but it is going to be Osi on a strip to a fumble recovery to a TD. You heard it here first lol..........and it would be appropriate for the first TD at Giants stadium by the Giants be scored by the DEFENSE!!!

that would be fantastic........lets get back to Giants Defense.......

the one that made our fans change the pronunciation of the word itself...........

rbcarpenter
09-06-2010, 12:23 PM
jacobs on a plunge after an 80 yard drive!

zimonami
09-06-2010, 01:06 PM
</P>

I'll say Bradshaw</P>

Im gonna say Hakeem NicksSorry boys but it is going to be Osi on a strip to a fumble recovery to a TD. You heard it here first lol..........and it would be appropriate for the first TD at Giants stadium by the Giants be scored by the DEFENSE!!!</P>

that would be sweet, and appropriate</P>

ny06
09-06-2010, 03:55 PM
The first touchdown in the new stadium will be a play-action pass to Boss in the endzone. </P>

Of course they will be in the red zone so it will be a nice pass by Eli hitting Boss at the corner of the end-zone </P>

jmike
09-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Who was the last active player in the NFL to have played in the USFL?

rbcarpenter
09-06-2010, 10:54 PM
sean landeta?

jmike
09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
sean landeta?

Yep, it was.

Well that was too fast.

ny06
09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
</P>

Herschel Walker?</P>

edit. Good one rbc</P>

rbcarpenter
09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
sean landeta?

Yep, it was.

Well that was too fast.
sorry,i just happened to remember hearing it on tv a few years ago when he was setting up to punt one.[:$]

however,good news for me! i just checked the tv map,and the giants -panthers game is on regular tv in delaware,so i can go to my private club and watch it,don't have to go to someplace pricey that has a dish.yahooooo![Y]

rbcarpenter
09-07-2010, 12:22 AM
who was the SECOND to last usfler to play in the nfl?

zimonami
09-07-2010, 01:13 AM
The first touchdown in the new stadium will be a play-action pass to Boss in the endzone. </P>

Of course they will be in the red zone so it will be a nice pass by Eli hitting Boss at the corner of the end-zone </P>

</P>

Boss, in a similar scenario,was actually my first choice, '06. Then I remembered how Bradshaw called his TD in Buffalo in '07... told the guys he'd score for them, and figured he'd be one that wants to score that first TD in the new stadium... off left tackle, from the 11, and he'll have a good hole but then have to make 2 change of directions evading tacklers... he's hit at the 1 and twists in.</P>

It'll prob be Manning on a 1 yard sneak and we'll all be wrong.</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2010, 09:17 AM

</P>

Boss, in a similar scenario,*was actually my first choice, '06. Then I remembered how Bradshaw called his TD in Buffalo in '07... told the guys he'd score for them, and figured he'd be one that wants to score that first TD in the new stadium... off left tackle, from the 11, and he'll have a good hole but then have to make 2 change of directions evading tacklers... he's hit at the 1 and twists in.</P>

no Zim it'll be Rich Seubert with a 1 yd catch in the flat while lined up at TE

;)

ny06
09-07-2010, 09:29 AM
LOL</P>

I laughed at those 2 responses from YA and Zim</P>

Maybe it will be Hedge on a fullback draw. We will get to see the row celebration again [;)]</P>

jmike
09-07-2010, 09:29 AM

Was it Doug Flutie?

keyofgmen
09-07-2010, 09:30 AM
We all know that S Smith scored the final TD at Giants Stadium.
Who scored the final TD at Yankee Stadium?

ny06
09-07-2010, 09:34 AM
We all know that S Smith scored the final TD at Giants Stadium. Who scored the final TD at Yankee Stadium?</P>

Ron Johnson?</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2010, 09:36 AM
We all know that S Smith scored the final TD at Giants Stadium.
Who scored the final TD at Yankee Stadium?

wow...thats a great one key.....

Im not sure but ill play it safe and say Bob Tucker

rbcarpenter
09-07-2010, 09:47 AM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

jmike
09-07-2010, 10:12 AM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

OK, who was the 1st USFL alum to be voted to the hall of fame?

ny06
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

I had to look it up, is it a head coach?</P>

jmike
09-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</p>

Good question. </p>

I had to look it up, is it a head coach?</p>

Don't trust your source?

ny06
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Ok, I will go with a guess then.</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

jmike
09-07-2010, 01:24 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</p>

Good question. </p>

Don't trust your source?
</p>

Ok, I will go with a guess then.</p>

Jim Kelly?</p>

Nope. He was tied for 2nd. Your other guess was right. [;)]

ny06
09-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/35hn71d.jpg</P>

zimonami
09-07-2010, 03:59 PM

</P>

Boss, in a similar scenario,was actually my first choice, '06. Then I remembered how Bradshaw called his TD in Buffalo in '07... told the guys he'd score for them, and figured he'd be one that wants to score that first TD in the new stadium... off left tackle, from the 11, and he'll have a good hole but then have to make 2 change of directions evading tacklers... he's hit at the 1 and twists in.</P>

no Zim it'll be Rich Seubert with a 1 yd catch in the flat while lined up at TE ;)</P>

OMG! Deja Vous to the SF playoff game. Only this time it'll count.</P>

SEC105
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo348/Too81mer/op85-3104.jpg</P>

See we let Jay Alford go...................this is him putting the big one on Brady in SB 42. What an effort by Jay Great moment in Giant history</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM

</P>

Boss, in a similar scenario,*was actually my first choice, '06. Then I remembered how Bradshaw called his TD in Buffalo in '07... told the guys he'd score for them, and figured he'd be one that wants to score that first TD in the new stadium... off left tackle, from the 11, and he'll have a good hole but then have to make 2 change of directions evading tacklers... he's hit at the 1 and twists in.</P>

no Zim it'll be Rich Seubert with a 1 yd catch in the flat while lined up at TE ;)</P>

OMG! Deja Vous to the SF playoff game.* Only this time it'll count.</P>

INTERFERENCE DAMN IT!!!!!!!

ill never forgive those refs

#69 was eligible damn it!!!!

SEC105
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
How much did the jury award the USFL in their antitrust lawsuit with NFL?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM

See we let Jay Alford go...................this is him putting the big one on Brady in SB 42. What an effort by Jay** Great moment in Giant history</P>

Z</P>

I love the story Stra tells of the huddle before that play......

Alford saying...."Michael......what should I do Mike?......"

Stra says...."rush the QB jay....just push your man back.."

he pushed him back alright

;)

what a great moment that was.....fantastic

I remember yelling.....thats that rookie!!!!!!

zimonami
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

</P>

</P>

Who was the only NFL Head Coach to have a winning record against Don Shula?</P>

SEC105
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM

See we let Jay Alford go...................this is him putting the big one on Brady in SB 42. What an effort by Jay Great moment in Giant history</P>

Z</P>

I love the story Stra tells of the huddle before that play...... Alford saying...."Michael......what should I do Mike?......" Stra says...."rush the QB jay....just push your man back.." he pushed him back alright ;) what a great moment that was.....fantastic I remember yelling.....thats that rookie!!!!!!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuA4YvH2hj8</P>

Boy did Brady take a beating that day Y.A.! Sad to see Jay Alford go [who knows , maybe he'll return someday]. Did anybody sign him yet? At any rate, Jay will always hold a special place in Giant lore</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM

See we let Jay Alford go...................this is him putting the big one on Brady in SB 42. What an effort by Jay** Great moment in Giant history</P>

Z</P>

I love the story Stra tells of the huddle before that play...... Alford saying...."Michael......what should I do Mike?......" Stra says...."rush the QB jay....just push your man back.." he pushed him back alright ;) what a great moment that was.....fantastic I remember yelling.....thats that rookie!!!!!!</P>

Boy did Brady take a beating that day Y.A.!** Sad to see Jay Alford go [who knows , maybe he'll return someday]. Did anybody sign him yet? At any rate*, Jay will always hold a special place in Giant lore</P>

Z</P>

Brady caught some nice air on that Alford sack

rbcarpenter
09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
How much did the jury award the USFL in their antitrust lawsuit with NFL?</p>

Z</p>i think it was either 1$ or 3$,i forget which.[:$]

SEC105
09-07-2010, 04:55 PM

Z</P>

i think it was either 1$ or 3$,i forget which.[:$]
</P>

Nice job RBC...............but was it $1 or $3? lol</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-07-2010, 04:58 PM

Z</P>

Boy did Brady take a beating that day Y.A.! Sad to see Jay Alford go [who knows , maybe he'll return someday]. Did anybody sign him yet? At any rate, Jay will always hold a special place in Giant lore</P>

Z</P>

Brady caught some nice air on that Alford sack</P>

Personally , I believe to this day , that NFL defenses saw the Pats and their offense in a new whole light after that game[much in thanks to Spags]. Pound Brady.....beat the Pats</P>

Z</P>

keyofgmen
09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
We all know that S Smith scored the final TD at Giants Stadium. Who scored the final TD at Yankee Stadium?</P>

Ron Johnson?</P>

Yup. 1 yard run. I loved that guy.
Did ya know that The Giants played only 2 games in Yankee Stadium that year?

They, of course, then went to the Yale Bowl for the rest of the season. I remember the lousy bench seating in Yale bowl, although it was closer to my home then, as I lived in CT then.

Question is....what other Stadium originally declined to host the Giants in 1973? Yale actually declined at 1st also. Anyone know why?

SEC105
09-07-2010, 05:03 PM

This is that pic I could not get up on the other computer last week</P>

Buddy Dial vs the Giants being defended by DB Linden Crow no. 41</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'll take a shot in the dark on this Z.........Bum Phillips?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

lol... nit picker! </P>

I didn't have a clue, so rbc was millions closer than I would have guessed</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2010, 05:14 PM

Ron Johnson?</P>

Yup. 1 yard run. I loved that guy.
Did ya know that The Giants played only 2 games in Yankee Stadium that year?

They, of course, then went to the Yale Bowl for the rest of the season. I remember the lousy bench seating in Yale bowl, although it was closer to my home then, as I lived in CT then.

Question is....what other Stadium originally declined to host the Giants in 1973? Yale actually declined at 1st also. Anyone know why?

I dont know the answers to these key .....and am very anxious to see what they are....

ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

zimonami
09-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Love it, SEC. It was a facetious question, because I thought the answer was so danged obvious. Then, you go and give me a real guess.</P>

Bum is wrong... but the answer is closer than you think... look around.</P>

SEC105
09-07-2010, 05:26 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Love it, SEC. It was a facetious question, because I thought the answer was so danged obvious. Then, you go and give me a real guess.</P>

</P>

Reading too fast Z lol</P>

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2008/11/27/shula-levy-584.jpg</P>

Would this be the man? [;)]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-07-2010, 05:29 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

lol... nit picker! </P>

I didn't have a clue, so rbc was millions closer than I would have guessed</P>

</P>

RBC still didn't answer...............we are talking about a big 2 bucks Donald Trump won to throw in his kitty lol</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Ron Johnson?</P>

Yup. 1 yard run. I loved that guy. Did ya know that The Giants played only 2 games in Yankee Stadium that year? They, of course, then went to the Yale Bowl for the rest of the season. I remember the lousy bench seating in Yale bowl, although it was closer to my home then, as I lived in CT then. Question is....what other Stadium originally declined to host the Giants in 1973? Yale actually declined at 1st also. Anyone know why? I dont know the answers to these key .....and am very anxious to see what they are.... ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

I think Palmer Stadium @ Princeton also turned us down to play there. Was it something to do with TV blackout rules at the time?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
09-07-2010, 05:40 PM
How much did the jury award the USFL in their antitrust lawsuit with NFL?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Nice job RBC...............but was it $1 or $3? lol</p>

Z</p>

</p>

lol... nit picker! </p>

I didn't have a clue, so rbc was millions closer than I would have guessed</p>

</p>

RBC still didn't answer...............we are talking about a big 2 bucks Donald Trump won to throw in his kitty lol</p>

Z</p>according to wikipedia,it was3.76$.sorry,i'm making dinner,had to duck out to the kitchen![:$]

keyofgmen
09-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Ron Johnson?</P>

Yup. 1 yard run. I loved that guy. Did ya know that The Giants played only 2 games in Yankee Stadium that year? They, of course, then went to the Yale Bowl for the rest of the season. I remember the lousy bench seating in Yale bowl, although it was closer to my home then, as I lived in CT then. Question is....what other Stadium originally declined to host the Giants in 1973? Yale actually declined at 1st also. Anyone know why? I dont know the answers to these key .....and am very anxious to see what they are.... ZIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

I think Palmer Stadium @ Princeton also turned us down to play there. Was it something to do with TV blackout rules at the time?</P>

Z</P>

That's right.

YATittle1962
09-07-2010, 06:08 PM
any of you guys see the Legacy Club yet.....?

I was thinking of taking my nephew to see it this fri. if i was feeling up to it.

keyofgmen
09-07-2010, 06:15 PM
any of you guys see the Legacy Club yet.....?

I was thinking of taking my nephew to see it this fri. if i was feeling up to it.

No. I hope to opening day. I assume it will be open?

zimonami
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
any of you guys see the Legacy Club yet.....? I was thinking of taking my nephew to see it this fri. if i was feeling up to it.</P>

My son and I walked right past it, thinking it was a club for the primo seat holders. I'm bummed.</P>

jomo
09-07-2010, 09:39 PM
any of you guys see the Legacy Club yet.....? I was thinking of taking my nephew to see it this fri. if i was feeling up to it.I don't even know where it is and didn't see it at either pre-season game.

ny06
09-07-2010, 10:16 PM

Ron Johnson?</P>

Yup. 1 yard run. I loved that guy. <FONT size=4>Did ya know that The Giants played only 2 games in Yankee Stadium that year?</FONT> They, of course, then went to the Yale Bowl for the rest of the season. I remember the lousy bench seating in Yale bowl, although it was closer to my home then, as I lived in CT then. Question is....what other Stadium originally declined to host the Giants in 1973? Yale actually declined at 1st also. Anyone know why?</P>

I did not know that. </P>

And thats why I love this thread, you learn so much. </P>

ny06
09-07-2010, 10:17 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Reading too fast Z lol</P>

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2008/11/27/shula-levy-584.jpg</P>

Would this be the man? [;)]</P>

Z</P>

</P>

2 legends right there</P>

They dont make coaches like this anymore</P>

jmike
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</p>

Good question. </p>

Don't trust your source?
</p>

Ok, I will go with a guess then.</p>

Jim Kelly?</p>

</p>

http://i55.tinypic.com/35hn71d.jpg</p>

Well done sir.

zimonami
09-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Ron Johnson?</P>

Z</P>

That's right.</P>

I think Yale didn't want it because they have little parking and the nice neighborhood would be congested and packed with parked carson a Sunday</P>

ny06
09-07-2010, 11:53 PM

Was it Doug Flutie?
yes,it was!

</P>

Good question. </P>

Don't trust your source?
</P>

Jim Kelly?</P>

</P>

Well done sir.
</P>

Thanks</P>

Levy was a great coach.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
09-08-2010, 11:53 AM
can anyone quote (loosely) what Bill Belichick told his defense before Superbowl XXV when referring to what they would need to do in order to win?

the players did not like hearing this

Z

ny06
09-08-2010, 12:20 PM
can anyone quote (loosely) what Bill Belichick told his defense before Superbowl XXV when referring to what they would need to do in order to win? the players did not like hearing this Z</P>

Thumran Thomas must rush for over 100 yards for us to win</P>

zimonami
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
can anyone quote (loosely) what Bill Belichick told his defense before Superbowl XXV when referring to what they would need to do in order to win? the players did not like hearing this Z</P>

Sacrifice their first born?</P>

Give up candy and soda?</P>

Make a pact with the devil?</P>

Obviously zim has forgotten... if he ever knew.</P>

YATittle1962
09-08-2010, 01:40 PM

thats the one.......but I wish he said any of Zims suggestions.......would have made for a much better question

;)

ny06
09-08-2010, 02:07 PM

thats the one.......but I wish he said any of Zims suggestions.......would have made for a much better question ;)</P>

lol</P>

Who knows with belichick, he was anal about every little detail </P>

jmike
09-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Name this player.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/ksmeteoriteguy/Autographs/KenyonRasheedSigned8x10.jpg

juice33s
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
maurice carthon.....name #87 in the background

jomo
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Name this player.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/ksmeteoriteguy/Autographs/KenyonRasheedSigned8x10.jpg
Maurice Carthon and if that is correct, name #87 in the background

jomo
09-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Haha juice we hit the button together and asked the same follow up question wow! I think 87 is Howard Cross.

jmike
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
You are right about Cross. And that is Brian Williams there. But that is not Mo Carthon.

juice33s
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Haha juice we hit the button together and asked the same follow up question wow! I think 87 is Howard Cross.
great minds think alike. Yeah I'm pretty sure 87 is Cross, They both were on the Giants together for 2 or 3 years so it would make sense. Plus the Guys throwing a block.....it's gotta be Cross

jomo
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
You are right about Cross.* And that is Brian Williams there.* But that is not Mo Carthon.
Seriously? Well he did look a bit small for Carthon but...........let me think on this one.

YATittle1962
09-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Name this player.

I dont think Mo ever wore the NY on his helmet.....

those look like the 1994 throwback unis....that has to be Kenyon Rasheed (sp) who also played for the Jets

and 87 in the back is Howard Cross

juice33s
09-08-2010, 08:24 PM
You are right about Cross. And that is Brian Williams there. But that is not Mo Carthon.
Seriously? Well he did look a bit small for Carthon but...........let me think on this one.
Kenyon Rasheed

jmike
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Well he outweighs Carthon by 20 pounds. But he is 3 inches shorter.

jmike
09-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Well done YA and Juicey.

juice33s
Name this player.

those look like the 1994 throwback unis....that has to be Kenyon Rasheed (sp) who also played for the Jets

Beat me to it YA

zimonami

thats the one.......but I wish he said any of Zims suggestions.......would have made for a much better question ;)</P>

lol, YA. I see 06's answer and think, "You knew that, you putz." Many things are up there, but these dayswhen I try to press the'Remember' button it is all mixed up in a muddled mess and teases me because I know I know, but nothing comes out. Just a good example for our younger generation why getting older,plus too much smoke, make for a dead end brain.</P>

What was that question again?</P>

jomo
09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Name this player.

Beat me to it YA
Kenyon Rasheed?

juice33s
09-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Who led the Giants in Sacks during LT's last season on the team?

YATittle1962
09-08-2010, 08:29 PM
who is this ?

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6186/brooks.jpg

juice33s
09-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Michael Brooks

jmike
who is this ?

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6186/brooks.jpg

Brooks, Michael

jomo
who is this ? http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6186/brooks.jpgMichael Brooks?

YATittle1962
Name this player.

Beat me to it YA
Kenyon Rasheed?

yeah ....I believe he was even a draft pick.....maybe someone could clarify this

YATittle1962
09-08-2010, 08:33 PM
who is this ? http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6186/brooks.jpgMichael Brooks?

very nice all 3 of you......quick to

jmike
09-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Name this player.

Beat me to it YA
Kenyon Rasheed?

yeah ....I believe he was even a draft pick.....maybe someone could clarify this

Well he wasn't drafted by the Giants. He may have been drafted by somebody though.

YATittle1962
09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Name this player.

Beat me to it YA
Kenyon Rasheed?

Well he wasn't drafted by the Giants.* He may have been drafted by somebody though.

I thought the Giants may have drafted him......guess not....

who was picked by the Giants in the 8th round that very same year that Rasheed was a rookie?

jmike
09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Jesse Armstead

juice33s
09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Jesse Armstead......Who lead the Giants in sacks during LT's last season?