PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

YATittle1962
09-17-2010, 07:14 PM
most post season passing TDs in their career.....

top 4 Giants.

name them

Go!eli,simms,collins,conerly.

Eli, Simms, Collins are right.....

the last guy may shock you

rbcarpenter
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
process of elimination-i know it wasn't brown,kannell,or brunner.......you said no to conerly.....the 3 playoff games that tittle played in i think he only threw one or 2 total....man,it would have to be someone from the 30's 0r 40's.....ed danowski?

YATittle1962
09-17-2010, 07:29 PM
process of elimination-i know it wasn't brown,kannell,or brunner.......you said no to conerly.....the 3 playoff games that tittle played in i think he only threw one or 2 total....man,it would have to be someone from the 30's 0r 40's.....ed danowski?

its actually one of the guys you think it wasnt

;)

rbcarpenter
09-17-2010, 07:46 PM
gotta be brunner then,3 vs eagles,3 vs sf.

YATittle1962
09-17-2010, 09:03 PM
gotta be brunner then,3 vs eagles,3 vs sf.

yup

shocked the heck out to me to see his name in that company

YATittle1962
09-17-2010, 09:09 PM
most post season interception yards......

top 3 Giants.

Go!!!!!

all 3 played for the Giants within the last 20 years

ny06
09-17-2010, 10:30 PM
most post season interception yards...... top 3 Giants. Go!!!!! all 3 played for the Giants within the last 20 years</P>

Mark Collins</P>

Greg Jackson</P>

R.W. McQuarters?</P>

jints10
09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
most post season interception yards......

top 3 Giants.

Go!!!!!

all 3 played for the Giants within the last 20 years
Seahorn, Mcuarters, and Taylor? just guesses

How bout a Manning Bowl question 1. Who was charged with offensive PI during the last drive in the first Manning Bowl? Bogus call!

Who was the Giants kick returner in that game?

scoopscj
09-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I an only go so far back as to the 1970's so I'm going with my memory of people who had INT's.

Let's see... Taylor vs niners but heck, he only had 1 or two post season picks. Not him.

Last 20 years goes from 1990 to now... so 1990 SB teams we went through the Bears, Niners and Buffalo... Collins had a pick vs Bears but short return. No turnovers via the air vs the nineres, and no picks vs Buffalo.

Collins is out.

So, 2000 we had Vikings 41-0 game and Eagles.

1 has to be Sehorn.

thinking.........

Others won't be linebackers.... I'm thinking safety or CB.

For some reason Sam Garnes screams at me. I can hear Summeral's voice saying intercepted by Garnes.....

And my last guess..

Wow this is tough. Philipi Sparks.... *EDITED. Everson Walls played for us in 1990 and he had a load of picks for Dallas before he came over. Cross off Sparks, go with Walls.

I think I got 2 of 3.

Scoops

YATittle1962
09-18-2010, 04:03 PM
I an only go so far back as to the 1970's so I'm going with my memory of people who had INT's.

Let's see... Taylor vs niners but heck, he only had 1 or two post season picks. Not him.

Last 20 years goes from 1990 to now... so 1990 SB teams we went through the Bears, Niners and Buffalo... Collins had a pick vs Bears but short return.** No turnovers via the air vs the nineres, and no picks vs Buffalo.

Collins is out.

So, 2000 we had Vikings 41-0 game and Eagles.*

1 has to be Sehorn.*

thinking.........

Others won't be linebackers.... I'm thinking safety or CB.*

For some reason Sam Garnes screams at me.* I can hear Summeral's voice saying intercepted by Garnes.....

And my last guess..

Wow this is tough.* Philipi Sparks....* *EDITED.* Everson Walls played for us in 1990 and he had a load of picks for Dallas before he came over.* Cross off Sparks, go with Walls.

I think I got 2 of 3.*

Scoops

Sehorn and Walls are correct

the last one may surprise you

allentown PA
09-18-2010, 04:07 PM
In the 1986 divisional playoff game against the 49ers where the giants won 49-3 phill simms threw 4 touchdown passes in that game.............can you name the four different players that were on the other end of phil's throws?

YATittle1962
09-18-2010, 04:08 PM
In the 1986 divisional playoff game against the 49ers where the giants won 49-3 phill simms threw 4 touchdown passes in that game.............can you name the four different players that were on the other end of phil's throws?

Bavaro, Mowatt, McConkey, Johnson

not sure what order

allentown PA
09-18-2010, 04:10 PM

not sure what order

that was too easy for u guys.

YATittle1962
09-18-2010, 04:12 PM

not sure what order

that was too easy for u guys.

was a good one though

keep em coming

scoopscj
09-18-2010, 04:24 PM

Last 20 years goes from 1990 to now... so 1990 SB teams we went through the Bears, Niners and Buffalo... Collins had a pick vs Bears but short return. No turnovers via the air vs the nineres, and no picks vs Buffalo.

Collins is out.

1 has to be Sehorn.

thinking.........

For some reason Sam Garnes screams at me. I can hear Summeral's voice saying intercepted by Garnes.....

And my last guess..

Wow this is tough. Philipi Sparks.... *EDITED. Everson Walls played for us in 1990 and he had a load of picks for Dallas before he came over. Cross off Sparks, go with Walls.

I think I got 2 of 3.

Scoops

Well, maybe a linebacker then. Armstead had a few picks but yardage... nah... I still think it's secondary play. .... at least tell me if it's secondary personal.

Safety's during the playoff era, Garns, Jackson, Guyton, CB's..... Sparks, Peterson, Smith, ..... I'm missing some. Must wrack brain... must think......

Scoops

scoopscj
09-18-2010, 04:28 PM
While I'm thinking about that answer...

<u>
What New York Giant holds a share of the single season record for most fumbles in a season?</u>

jmike
09-18-2010, 04:31 PM

<u>
What New York Giant holds a share of the single season record for most fumbles in a season?</u>

Kerry Collins?

jmike
09-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Collins is out.

1 has to be Sehorn.

thinking.........

And my last guess..

I think I got 2 of 3.

Scoops

George Martin?

jmike
09-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Collins is out.

1 has to be Sehorn.

thinking.........

And my last guess..

I think I got 2 of 3.

Scoops

Shaun Williams?

scoopscj
09-18-2010, 04:34 PM

<u>

Kerry Collins?

Correct!

Well that didn't take long. Sigh. Got to pick harder ones.

zimonami
09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
This thread has been heating up recently with the excellent contributions of NY06, jmike, scoops, and Allentown. I'm gone for a day and missed half a dozen good questions... thank you all for the injection of new blood... I know YA appreciates it and the other guys and I do, too.</P>

There have been hundreds of questions going back the last 1 1/2 yrs. I've noticed a few repeats, but not a problem because you all can't be expected to read backwards to see if a question was asked before.On my part, my memory is going, going, gone... so a repeat is a good thing.</P>

lol... I knew the Kerry Collins fumble answer. Poor Kerry... he couldn't read defenses, but he had a great arm.</P>

Keep 'em coming!!!</P>

YATittle1962
09-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Last 20 years goes from 1990 to now... so 1990 SB teams we went through the Bears, Niners and Buffalo... Collins had a pick vs Bears but short return.** No turnovers via the air vs the nineres, and no picks vs Buffalo.

Collins is out.

So, 2000 we had Vikings 41-0 game and Eagles.*

1 has to be Sehorn.*

thinking.........

Others won't be linebackers.... I'm thinking safety or CB.*

For some reason Sam Garnes screams at me.* I can hear Summeral's voice saying intercepted by Garnes.....

And my last guess..

Wow this is tough.* Philipi Sparks....* *EDITED.* Everson Walls played for us in 1990 and he had a load of picks for Dallas before he came over.* Cross off Sparks, go with Walls.

I think I got 2 of 3.*

Scoops

Shaun Williams?

wasnt Williams or Martin.........was an even more unusual suspect

YATittle1962
09-18-2010, 08:14 PM
This thread has been heating up recently with the excellent contributions of NY06, jmike, scoops, and Allentown.* I'm gone for a day and missed half a dozen good questions... thank you all for the injection of new blood... I know YA appreciates it and the other guys and I do, too.</P>

There have been hundreds of questions going back the last 1 1/2 yrs.* I've noticed a few repeats, but not a problem because you all can't be expected to read backwards to see if a question was asked before.**On my part, my memory is going, going, gone... so a repeat is a good thing.</P>

lol... I knew the Kerry Collins fumble answer.* Poor Kerry... he couldn't read defenses, but he had a great arm.</P>

Keep 'em coming!!!*</P>

Hell yeah Zim.....I love all the new blood.....

giving us old codgers a run for our money........

love it

rbcarpenter
09-18-2010, 09:18 PM
This thread has been heating up recently with the excellent contributions of NY06, jmike, scoops, and Allentown. I'm gone for a day and missed half a dozen good questions... thank you all for the injection of new blood... I know YA appreciates it and the other guys and I do, too.</p>

There have been hundreds of questions going back the last 1 1/2 yrs. I've noticed a few repeats, but not a problem because you all can't be expected to read backwards to see if a question was asked before.On my part, my memory is going, going, gone... so a repeat is a good thing.</p>

lol... I knew the Kerry Collins fumble answer. Poor Kerry... he couldn't read defenses, but he had a great arm.</p>

Keep 'em coming!!!</p>

Hell yeah Zim.....I love all the new blood.....

giving us old codgers a run for our money........

love iti think it might be either carson or reasons,for some reason,but i'm reallllllllllllly tired after a 15 hour work+travel day.will check back tomorrow----also zim+sec105----monday i will send you both a p.m. thanks!!!

jmike
09-18-2010, 09:21 PM
OK, I have no idea on the interception question.

But here's one in light of the Manning bowl.

What NY Giant faced his brother as an opponent in 1988 and who was his brother?

Yea, I know easy question.

zimonami
09-18-2010, 09:58 PM

</P>

If it's not Pete and Charlie Gogolak then I'm stumped.</P>

</P>

jmike
09-18-2010, 10:18 PM

</p>

If it's not Pete and Charlie Gogolak then I'm stumped.</p>

</p>

Nope, I think the kicker that year was Allegre, unless it was an injury replacement like McFadden. Too early for Bjorn Nittmo I think.

YATittle1962
09-18-2010, 10:56 PM

</p>

If it's not Pete and Charlie Gogolak then I'm stumped.</p>

*</p>

Nope, I think the kicker that year was Allegre, unless it was an injury replacement like McFadden.* Too early for Bjorn Nittmo I think.

Sehorn 68
Gary Reasons 48
Everson Walls 37

Gary is a bit of a shocker.

cant think of who the brothers are.......might kick myself when I hear the answer......may have never known......

I look forward to the answer.....

one of the guys may know

zimonami
09-18-2010, 11:25 PM

</P>

If it's not Pete and Charlie Gogolak then I'm stumped.</P>

</P>

Nope, I think the kicker that year was Allegre, unless it was an injury replacement like McFadden. Too early for Bjorn Nittmo I think.
</P>

lol... I read, '1968'</P>

scoopscj
09-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I would never have guessed Reasons. What a great player for us. I feel good I got 2 out of 3 though!

scoopscj
09-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Question:

Which player sacked Phil Simms more times than any other defensive player in his entire career?

YATittle1962
09-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Question:

Which player sacked Phil Simms more times than any other defensive player in his entire career?

wild guess

Reggie White?

scoopscj
09-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Question:

wild guess

Reggie White?

LOL darn you are gooooood YA.

Correct!!

YATittle1962
09-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Question:

wild guess

Reggie White?

Correct!!

I read the question.....looked up at the ceiling ....and in my minds eye saw Reggie coming around the corner leaning at the 45 degree angle he would take and just pumbling poor unsuspecting Phil......

seen it so many times.....

knew it had to be the minister

jmike
09-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Question:

wild guess

Reggie White?

Correct!!

I read the question.....looked up at the ceiling ....and in my minds eye saw Reggie coming around the corner leaning at the 45 degree angle he would take and just pumbling poor unsuspecting Phil......

How would you guys compare Strahan and White?

And noone has answered my brothers question.

YATittle1962
09-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Question:

wild guess

Reggie White?

Correct!!

I always thought they were pretty similar.......both bull rushers......

Reggie was like the prototype for Stra....

a bull rusher with quickness and moves.....

Strahan was a bit lighter than the Minister ....but equally as feared

not to mention the jersey number

;)

what was your brothers question?

lttaylor56
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Question:

wild guess

Reggie White?

Correct!!

;)

Yes Similiar, after Strahan lost weight he was much more agile -same bull rusher mentality-but with cat like reflexes. I will never forget the sb42 play where strahan's 270+ lbs was in mid-air with a death grip on Brady's Jersey.

jmike
09-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Question:

wild guess

Reggie White?

Correct!!

;)

In 1988 what New York Giant faced his brother as an opponent.

allentown PA
09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Question:

didn't joe morris have a brother who played for the skins...that's what I'm going with.

wild guess

Reggie White?

Correct!!

;)

allentown PA
09-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Question:

didn't joe morris have a brother who played for the skins...that's what I'm going with.

wild guess

Reggie White?

Correct!!

;)

didn't joe morris have a brother who played for the skins...that's my guess.

jmike
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Yep, Jamie Morris. Played for the Redskins.

jmike
09-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Staying on the brothers theme. How many sets of brothers have played NFL football?

YATittle1962
09-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Staying on the brothers theme.* How many sets of brothers have played NFL football?

Im sure there are hundreds....

the only ones I can think of are

Manning
Barber
Gramatica
Golic
Palmer
Gogolak
Bavaro
Benson
Moss
Detmer
Crow
Gbaja-Biamila
Hasselbeck

thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Im sure im missing some obvious ones...

jmike
09-20-2010, 12:16 PM
You are right, there are hundreds. Can you get it within 10 though?

YATittle1962
09-20-2010, 12:17 PM
You are right, there are hundreds.* Can you get it within 10 though?

wild guess

jmike
09-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Close enough. I was surprised that is was 333!

zimonami
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Staying on the brothers theme. How many sets of brothers have played NFL football?
Im sure there are hundreds.... the only ones I can think of are Manning Barber Gramatica Golic Palmer Gogolak Bavaro Benson Moss Detmer Crow Gbaja-Biamila Hasselbeck thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Im sure im missing some obvious ones...</P>

YA... Add Bart and Brad Oates toyour list.</P>

jmike... I'm really shocked at 333. I would have figured about 50.... brother, was I way off!</P>

jmike
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
More than just Manning has a brother who plays or has played in the NFL on this year's team. Can you name the others?

And I will even give you a hint, there are 4 including Eli.

YATittle1962
09-20-2010, 11:57 PM
More than just Manning has a brother who plays or has played in the NFL on this year's team.* Can you name the others?

I have no idea.....waiting on this answer

zimonami
09-21-2010, 12:29 AM
More than just Manning has a brother who plays or has played in the NFL on this year's team. Can you name the others?

I have no idea.....waiting on this answer</P>

Another great question. I will guess Boss, for some reason, but looked at our roster and can't think of anyone else... although, I'll guess Johnson... hahaha, with 3 Johnson's there's a good chance one of them is correct.</P>

jmike
09-21-2010, 12:58 AM

I have no idea.....waiting on this answer</p>

Another great question. I will guess Boss, for some reason, but looked at our roster and can't think of anyone else... although, I'll guess Johnson... hahaha, with 3 Johnson's there's a good chance one of them is correct.</p>

Not Boss.

Not giving any credit unless you commit to your Johnson.

zimonami
09-21-2010, 02:32 AM

I have no idea.....waiting on this answer</P>

Another great question. I will guess Boss, for some reason, but looked at our roster and can't think of anyone else... although, I'll guess Johnson... hahaha, with 3 Johnson's there's a good chance one of them is correct.</P>

Not Boss.

</P>

LOL... the laugh of the day... TY.</P>

Actually, I'm attached to it, so I have to be committed. </P>

To the looney bin? Perhaps.</P>

Honestly, I don't know, jmike.</P>

Surrender.</P>

I'd leave this question out there for a while... even though YA and I are anxious to know. Want to see if anyone gets even 1 of the 4. Shows you how much we really know about our Gmen.</P>

We know how many catches they make, or how many sacks... but, don't know if they have a brother that played in the NFL, much less that they even have a brother.</P>

jmike
09-21-2010, 09:19 AM

I have no idea.....waiting on this answer</p>

Another great question. I will guess Boss, for some reason, but looked at our roster and can't think of anyone else... although, I'll guess Johnson... hahaha, with 3 Johnson's there's a good chance one of them is correct.</p>

Not Boss.

</p>

LOL... the laugh of the day... TY.</p>

Actually, I'm attached to it, so I have to be committed. </p>

To the looney bin? Perhaps.</p>

Honestly, I don't know, jmike.</p>

Surrender.</p>

I'd leave this question out there for a while... even though YA and I are anxious to know. Want to see if anyone gets even 1 of the 4. Shows you how much we really know about our Gmen.</p>

We know how many catches they make, or how many sacks... but, don't know if they have a brother that played in the NFL, much less that they even have a brother.</p>

Well if you go down your roster you'll find that 2 are easy. One used to play on the same team as his brother and the other plays his brother twice a season. Manning we know. The last one is the hard one, I'll give you one hint on that, he does have the same last name as his brother.

In Giants history, 47 men who played for the Giants had a brother or brothers who played in the NFL.

Barber and Gogolak are easy, most know about that, but did you know that Mel Tripllett's brother Bill also played in the NFL?

jmike
09-21-2010, 12:14 PM
I am a former NYG player, who am I?

http://image.teamfca.net/siteuploadfiles/FCA/BFB98B29-C4F9-4E7D-BA815F4838F5BE1C/AD11C1DA-B23B-4DF3-81FCDB4D802A2016.jpg

SEC105
09-21-2010, 05:42 PM
I am a former NYG player, who am I?

http://image.teamfca.net/siteuploadfiles/FCA/BFB98B29-C4F9-4E7D-BA815F4838F5BE1C/AD11C1DA-B23B-4DF3-81FCDB4D802A2016.jpg

</P>

Thats former SEC LBer Scott Galyon.....drafted by the Giants in the early nineties I think</P>

Z</P>

jmike
09-21-2010, 11:15 PM
It is Scott Galyon. Good job

YATittle1962
09-21-2010, 11:59 PM
heres one for you jmike.......since you are the 90s guru ;)

I was a NY Giants WR in the mid 90s....

I wore a different jersey number every season with the Giants ....

and I scored my only TD as a Giant during our worst season of the 90s....

who am I?

jmike
09-22-2010, 12:16 AM
You are Arthur Marshall.

God he was awful. Kept him over McCaffery because he played specials. His brother Marvin played football in the NFL too.

jmike
09-22-2010, 12:20 AM
But do you remember what numbers he wore?

YATittle1962
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM

I remember him wearing 12

the other two were in the 80s....not sure exactly which numbers though

YATittle1962
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM

jmike
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM

83, 86 &amp; 12

YATittle1962
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM

83, 86 & 12

I was sorta right

;)

SEC105
09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I remember him wearing 12 the other two were in the 80s....not sure exactly which numbers though

83, 86 &amp; 12
I was sorta right ;)</P>

Name the running back we signed the day we released Rodney Hampton</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM
I remember him wearing 12 the other two were in the 80s....not sure exactly which numbers though

83, 86 &amp; 12
I was sorta right ;)</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Pegram? he was a vet and only played one year with us</P>

jmike
09-22-2010, 05:16 PM

83, 86 &amp; 12
I was sorta right ;)</p>

Name the running back we signed the day we released Rodney Hampton</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Pegram? he was a vet and only played one year with us</p>

Actually it was Gary Brown. They wanted to get another every down back on the roster before letting Hampton go.

SEC105
09-22-2010, 05:21 PM

83, 86 &amp; 12
I was sorta right ;)</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Pegram? he was a vet and only played one year with us</P>

Actually it was Gary Brown. They wanted to get another every down back on the roster before letting Hampton go.
</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUKAUKgVGxE</P>

Gary Brown it was.....very good signing</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Let's up the ante.....what Giant WR caught the first ever TD pass we had against the Houston Oilers?</P>

edit: early 70's </P>

Z</P>

jmike
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Let's up the ante.....what Giant WR caught the first ever TD pass we had against the Houston Oilers?</p>

edit: early 70's </p>

Z</p>

I'll take a shot in the dark and say Tucker.

Cause I have no clue. 90s man...90s

SEC105
09-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Let's up the ante.....what Giant WR caught the first ever TD pass we had against the Houston Oilers?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Not a bad guess at all.......but this guy was aWR not a TE</P>

Z</P>

jmike
09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Let's up the ante.....what Giant WR caught the first ever TD pass we had against the Houston Oilers?</p>

edit: early 70's </p>

Z</p>

</p>

Not a bad guess at all.......but this guy was aWR not a TE</p>

Z</p>

Did the Giants even bother to have WRs in the 70s? I can't think of any.

zimonami
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I can rememberBob Grim, Richmond Flowers, Don Herman, and Rich Houston</P>

I'll guess Houston... 25% chance cuz I haven'y got a clue</P>

lttaylor56
09-22-2010, 06:58 PM

edit:* early 70's* </P>

Z*</P>

Cause I have no clue.* 90s man...90s
</P>

Not a bad guess at all.......but this guy was a*WR not a TE</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I can remember*Bob Grim, Richmond Flowers, Don Herman, and Rich Houston</P>

Joe Orduna--not 100% sure on this one.

lttaylor56
09-22-2010, 07:03 PM

Z*</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

ok ok--Don Herman, Orduna rushed for his td. The two combined for the 14 points scored that day. Norm Snead was QB. Your teaching me alot, but I had to work for that one.

lttaylor56
09-22-2010, 07:03 PM

Z*</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

ok ok--Don Herman, Orduna rushed for his td. The two combined for the 14 points scored that day. Norm Snead was QB. Your teaching me alot, but I had to work for that one.

I'm wrong again 34 points scored that day for gmen

zimonami
09-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Orduna--not 100% sure on this one. ok ok--Don Herman, Orduna rushed for his td. The two combined for the 14 points scored that day. Norm Snead was QB. Your teaching me alot, but I had to work for that one. I'm wrong again 34 points scored that day for gmen</P>

I think you're right on Herrman</P>

I liked Joe Orduna... liked his name! is that a valid criteria?</P>

lttaylor56
09-22-2010, 10:52 PM

Z*</P>

I'm waiting for YA to confirm accuracy. To the best of my research I think I got it. God bless the fans of NYG

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Orduna--not 100% sure on this one. ok ok--Don Herman, Orduna rushed for his td. The two combined for the 14 points scored that day. Norm Snead was QB. Your teaching me alot, but I had to work for that one. I'm wrong again 34 points scored that day for gmen</P>

I think you're right on Herrman</P>

I liked Joe Orduna... liked his name! is that a valid criteria?</P>

YATittle1962
09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
tomorrow is the day my people.....

tomorrow morning your boy YA goes under the knife for his back surgery.......

ill be out of comish for a while so im counting on you guys to hold it down around here....you know who you are.....yeah you to new blood....

ill be watching Sunday one way or another.......and thinking of you guys.......

it will take more than a little surgery to keep me from watching my boys take the field......

let take all this frustration out on those Titans!!!!!

ole YA will be back better than ever soon.......and we will all catch some games together.......

this is your captain signing off......4.....3.....2.....1.....

zimonami
09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
tomorrow is the day my people..... tomorrow morning your boy YA goes under the knife for his back surgery....... ill be out of comish for a while so im counting on you guys to hold it down around here....you know who you are.....yeah you to new blood.... ill be watching Sunday one way or another.......and thinking of you guys....... it will take more than a little surgery to keep me from watching my boys take the field...... let take all this frustration out on those Titans!!!!! ole YA will be back better than ever soon.......and we will all catch some games together....... this is your captain signing off......4.....3.....2.....1.....</P>

Wow... Good luck, YA. You'll do fine. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.</P>

SEC105
09-23-2010, 05:30 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Orduna--not 100% sure on this one.</P>

It was Don Herrmann</P>

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/donherrmann.jpg?w=180&amp;h=252</P>

The reason I recall this is because it was our second to last game in Yankee Stadium. We played 2 there in 73 before moving to the Yale Bowl that season. Thought I heard somewhere Steinbrenner wanted us out. Icould never confirm that though. Any of you guys ever heard that? I know the construction began in Yankee Stadium as soon as the Yankees season was over that year [1973]</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Why was Valentines Day [Feb. 14] 1979 a turning point in N. Y. Football Giants history?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Why was Valentines Day [Feb. 14] 1979 a turning point in N. Y. Football Giants history?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

We finally got a real GM... Goerge Young... just in time to make Phil our #1 pick that year.</P>

jomo
09-23-2010, 07:26 PM
[:)]

Z</P>

</P>

We finally got a real GM... Goerge Young... just in time to make Phil our #1 pick that year.</P>Makes me want to give Pete Rozelle a big hug for valentine's day.

zimonami
09-23-2010, 07:56 PM
[:)]

Z</P>

</P>

We finally got a real GM... Goerge Young... just in time to make Phil our #1 pick that year.</P>

Makes me want to give Pete Rozelle a big hug for valentine's day.</P>

You'll have to dig deep to accomplish that, jomo.</P>

Yeah, Rozelle finally got the bickering Mara's to agree on a real GM.</P>

Thank you, Pete</P>

lttaylor56
09-23-2010, 09:40 PM

ill be out of comish for a while so im counting on you guys to hold it down around here....you know who you are.....yeah you to new blood....

it will take more than a little surgery to keep me from watching my boys take the field......

ole YA will be back better than ever soon.......and we will all catch some games together.......

Captain YA: Good Luck with Surgery Tommorow. You will be back posting in no time. Remember -surgical recovery has a huge psychological part to it. STAY positive, take your meds and stay ahead of the pain-You will recover faster. God Bless and I hope the boys in blue win one for you to bring a smile to your face Sunday.

lttaylor56
09-23-2010, 09:42 PM

Captain YA: Good Luck with Surgery Tommorow. You will be back posting in no time. Remember -surgical recovery has a huge psychological part to it. STAY positive, take your meds and stay ahead of the pain-You will recover faster. God Bless and I hope the boys in blue win one for you to bring a smile to your face Sunday.

....and you better get back here soon, cause I don't have anyone to teach me the old history stuff for my team. Your buddy , New Blood.

rbcarpenter
09-23-2010, 11:59 PM

Captain YA: Good Luck with Surgery Tommorow. You will be back posting in no time. Remember -surgical recovery has a huge psychological part to it. STAY positive, take your meds and stay ahead of the pain-You will recover faster. God Bless and I hope the boys in blue win one for you to bring a smile to your face Sunday.good luck,tomorrow,ya......and we'll be thinking aof you up until,during ,and after the game...best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

jomo
09-24-2010, 12:29 AM
tomorrow is the day my people..... tomorrow morning your boy YA goes under the knife for his back surgery....... ill be out of comish for a while so im counting on you guys to hold it down around here....you know who you are.....yeah you to new blood.... ill be watching Sunday one way or another.......and thinking of you guys....... it will take more than a little surgery to keep me from watching my boys take the field...... let take all this frustration out on those Titans!!!!! ole YA will be back better than ever soon.......and we will all catch some games together....... this is your captain signing off......4.....3.....2.....1.....We are all pulling for you YA. I'll be thinking of you until you come of the DL (which hopefully is late tomorrow). Go YA! Go Blue!

jomo
09-24-2010, 12:29 AM
tomorrow is the day my people..... tomorrow morning your boy YA goes under the knife for his back surgery....... ill be out of comish for a while so im counting on you guys to hold it down around here....you know who you are.....yeah you to new blood.... ill be watching Sunday one way or another.......and thinking of you guys....... it will take more than a little surgery to keep me from watching my boys take the field...... let take all this frustration out on those Titans!!!!! ole YA will be back better than ever soon.......and we will all catch some games together....... this is your captain signing off......4.....3.....2.....1.....We are all pulling for you YA. I'll be thinking of you until you come off the DL (which hopefully is late tomorrow). Go YA! Go Blue!

zimonami
09-24-2010, 12:56 AM
tomorrow is the day my people..... tomorrow morning your boy YA goes under the knife for his back surgery....... ill be out of comish for a while so im counting on you guys to hold it down around here....you know who you are.....yeah you to new blood.... ill be watching Sunday one way or another.......and thinking of you guys....... it will take more than a little surgery to keep me from watching my boys take the field...... let take all this frustration out on those Titans!!!!! ole YA will be back better than ever soon.......and we will all catch some games together....... this is your captain signing off......4.....3.....2.....1.....We are all pulling for you YA. I'll be thinking of you until you come off the DL (which hopefully is late tomorrow). Go YA! Go Blue!</P>

"... until you come off the DL" ... lol. Like any other team, we're losing our Captain to injury.. All the working parts won't be the same until you're back, YA. Fortunately that just means feeling well enough to get back on here. If you had to play QB and throw darts in the face of some 300# brute, we'd have to hold you out a few more weeks.</P>

ny06
09-24-2010, 09:28 AM
tomorrow is the day my people..... tomorrow morning your boy YA goes under the knife for his back surgery....... ill be out of comish for a while so im counting on you guys to hold it down around here....you know who you are.....yeah you to new blood.... ill be watching Sunday one way or another.......and thinking of you guys....... it will take more than a little surgery to keep me from watching my boys take the field...... let take all this frustration out on those Titans!!!!! ole YA will be back better than ever soon.......and we will all catch some games together....... this is your captain signing off......4.....3.....2.....1.....</P>

Heal up fast YA</P>

</P>

SEC105
09-24-2010, 04:46 PM

My fault...I did not see this yesterday. Get well soon Captain YA. We will hold down the fort for ya while you heal up. You will be recieving my card via the GMB [:D]</P>

Z</P>

</P>

SEC105
09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
"The Music City Miracle" Titans vs the Buffalo Bills in the 2000 playoffs. Without looking it up..........who was coaching the Bills that day?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
09-24-2010, 05:09 PM
"The Music City Miracle" Titans vs the Buffalo Bills in the 2000 playoffs. Without looking it up..........who was coaching the Bills that day?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Thats a easy one</P>

Wade Phillips</P>

SEC105
09-24-2010, 05:51 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Thats a easy one</P>

Wade Phillips</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAFH4Ch05A</P>

Sure was old Wade..........As I recall the Bills fired the special teams coach the next day</P>

Z</P>

jomo
09-24-2010, 07:18 PM
YA has been declared a game time decision for Sunday's game.

rbcarpenter
09-24-2010, 09:50 PM
YA has been declared a game time decision for Sunday's game.i hope he can play lb if he's feeling up to it,we need to stop johnson!!!

jerseyboys
09-25-2010, 12:41 AM
I purchased a jersey online yesterday .It's really good . wwwjersey-boys.com

jomo
09-25-2010, 10:50 AM
YA has been declared a game time decision for Sunday's game.i hope he can play lb if he's feeling up to it,we need to stop johnson!!!
I think we keep the old boy off special teams and he can make it through a full game at linebacker.

zimonami
09-25-2010, 11:31 AM
I think we keep the old boy off special teams and he can make it through a full game at linebacker.</P>

Nahhh. I say we bench him for the week. Back Surgery = much slower, like an aging Pierce. He'll be lagging behind Johnson. We can't have that. Sorry, YA, I vote you sit.</P>

lttaylor56
09-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I think we keep the old boy off special teams and he can make it through a full game at linebacker.</P>

Nahhh.* I say we bench him for the week.* Back Surgery = much slower, like an aging Pierce.* He'll be lagging behind Johnson. We can't have that.* Sorry, YA, I vote you sit.</P>

Ah, c'mon. He' going to need light activity to aid recovery. He goes to the practice squad for 1 week.

ny06
09-25-2010, 12:17 PM
In honor of YA</P>

Name the two Giants that are seen in the picture with YA Tittle?</P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/2d883q.jpg</P>

jomo
09-25-2010, 02:50 PM
In honor of YA</P>

Name the two Giants that are seen in the picture with YA Tittle?</P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/2d883q.jpg</P>Connerly and Tittle?

jomo
09-25-2010, 02:51 PM

Nahhh. I say we bench him for the week. Back Surgery = much slower, like an aging Pierce. He'll be lagging behind Johnson. We can't have that. Sorry, YA, I vote you sit.</P> Ah, c'mon. He' going to need light activity to aid recovery. He goes to the practice squad for 1 week.All right, we sit him for one week but only if he agrees. Then we don't announce it until game time. Keep the other team off balance.

lttaylor56
09-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Walton and Guglielmi?

ny06
09-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Walton and Guglielmi?</P>

correct</P>

I have to ask, how did you get that one?</P>

Did you look it up? </P>

lttaylor56
09-25-2010, 04:49 PM
I would like to take credit for knowing that but I was a gleam in my parents minds in that year. Yes, I researched it. It was tough because I did not know the year of the pic. I still learned and hopefully everyone else did too who those numbers were that year. Thanks!!! Go Blue

lttaylor56
09-25-2010, 04:51 PM
What's the next one? I have a great one from a pic from SB vs Broncos. But I cannot get my pics to post yet-something is weird with my web hoster. I wrestled with it last weekend for a while. Which web hosting site do you use?

SEC105
09-27-2010, 04:58 PM
What's the next one? I have a great one from a pic from SB vs Broncos. But I cannot get my pics to post yet-something is weird with my web hoster. I wrestled with it last weekend for a while. Which web hosting site do you use?</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/09/13/alg_martin_elway_superbowl.jpg</P>

This one of my favorite pics from SB 21...good old George Martin</P>

Z</P>

ny06
09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
What's the next one? I have a great one from a pic from SB vs Broncos. But I cannot get my pics to post yet-something is weird with my web hoster. I wrestled with it last weekend for a while. Which web hosting site do you use?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff [Y]</P>

SEC105
09-27-2010, 05:00 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/09/27/SPSE1FKCKA.DTL</P>

HOFer George Blanda passed away. The man spent 26 years playing in the NFL and AFL. RIP to a great player</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-27-2010, 05:02 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff [Y]</P>

</P>

Thanks NY06..........did you fiqure out what that computer problem you hadwas. I have problems when posting on one of the computers I use</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
r.i.p. to the ageless wonder.may they have bars,casinos,golf course and horse tracks wherever he may be![:'(]

SEC105
09-27-2010, 05:41 PM
r.i.p. to the ageless wonder.may they have bars,casinos,golf course and horse tracks wherever he may be![:'(]
</P>

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RaOrchOImw8/S2HITMo5MaI/AAAAAAAAcz0/pIhyoGXHKiU/s400/george-blanda.jpg</P>

He truly was the "Ageless Wonder".......................hard to imagine anyone playing pro ball 26 years. I think he was 49 years old when retired Amazing</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
</P>

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RaOrchOImw8/S2HITMo5MaI/AAAAAAAAcz0/pIhyoGXHKiU/s400/george-blanda.jpg</P>

He truly was the "Ageless Wonder".......................hard to imagine anyone playing pro ball 26 years. I think he was 49 years old when retired Amazing</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Wow R.I.P. George. The thought in my brain was, "Amazing" every time you walked on the field and gave your team 110% of everything you had. And, had to be one of the last straight-on kickers to lace them up. One tough Hombre</P>

ny06
09-27-2010, 10:55 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff [Y]</P>

</P>

Thanks NY06..........did you fiqure out what that computer problem you hadwas. I have problems when posting on one of the computers I use</P>

Z</P>

</P>

It was something on the Giants end. I think my new profile on the new boards was blocking this profile. Strange, but its fixed. </P>

lttaylor56
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff [Y]</P>

Great shot, love that onet!!

YATittle1962
09-27-2010, 11:29 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff [Y]</P>

Great shot, love that onet!!

"oh what a night....." .........I believe it was that NJ native Gerry Polci of The Four Seasons sang in their 1975 hit 'December '63'

Oh What A Night!!!!!!!!

Roswell777
09-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Got a quick story for you guys

Went to the game Sunday, just brutal, but it was the first time @ the new stadium for me and my friend and I went into the legacy room (I think that's what it's called). Sort of a mini Giant Hall Of Fame.

Anyway, I see a guy getting ushered in with a woman and a security guard. It was Frank Gifford. I tapped him on the back but he didn't recognize me. lol

What are the odds on that? You go into this mini museum and you see one of the greatest Giants ever in person.

Frank Gifford in the legacy room. They should've just laminated him and kept him in the corner.

zimonami
09-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Got a quick story for you guys

Went to the game Sunday, just brutal, but it was the first time @ the new stadium for me and my friend and I went into the legacy room (I think that's what it's called). Sort of a mini Giant Hall Of Fame.

Anyway, I see a guy getting ushered in with a woman and a security guard. It was Frank Gifford. I tapped him on the back but he didn't recognize me. lol

What are the odds on that? You go into this mini museum and you see one of the greatest Giants ever in person.

Frank Gifford in the legacy room. They should've just laminated him and kept him in the corner.

</P>

good story, Ros, and lol about the laminating.... great idea... we can laminate all our old heroes</P>

rbcarpenter
09-28-2010, 03:32 PM
<font size="6">welcome back,yatitle1962!!!!
</font>

ny06
09-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Name all 4 players of the Purple People Eaters?

YATittle1962
09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Name all 4 players of the Purple People Eaters?

Carl Eller, Allan Page, Jim Marshall....and.....the last one escapes me at the moment......ill slap myself when I hear his name

ny06
09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Name all 4 players of the Purple People Eaters? Carl Eller, Allan Page, Jim Marshall....and.....the last one escapes me at the moment......ill slap myself when I hear his name</P>

Gary Larsen</P>

SEC105
09-28-2010, 05:34 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/231231/cubhistory122209.jpg</P>

Name these 2 Chicago Bears. One is quite easy..........the other , not so much</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-28-2010, 05:39 PM

Name these 2 Chicago Bears. One is quite easy..........the other , not so much</P>

Z</P>

Butkus of course......and the QB .....cant remember his name....but I remember him

I know 67 in the background is George Seals

SEC105
09-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Z</P>

Butkus of course......and the QB .....cant remember his name....but I remember him I know 67 in the background is George Seals</P>

67 is OL George Seals [thought 67 and no. 29 being identified was bit to much to ask] nice job YA No. 11 was a fairlygood QB for the Bears</P>

Z</P>

jmike
09-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Z</P>

Butkus of course......and the QB .....cant remember his name....but I remember him I know 67 in the background is George Seals</P>

67 is OL George Seals [thought 67 and no. 29 being identified was bit to much to ask]*** nice job** YA******* No. 11** was a fairly*good QB for the Bears</P>

Z</P>

Then who is 76 in the background behind ****?

(I have no clue btw)

Gotta say though, guessing that #11 is the QB is pretty weak sauce. [:p]

Jim McMahon maybe.......I kid.

McMahon would be wearing sunglasses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU

SEC105
09-28-2010, 06:27 PM

Z</P>

67 is OL George Seals [thought 67 and no. 29 being identified was bit to much to ask] nice job YA No. 11 was a fairlygood QB for the Bears</P>

Z</P>

Then who is 76 in the background behind ****? (I have no clue btw) Gotta say though, guessing that #11 is the QB is pretty weak sauce. [:p] Jim McMahon maybe.......I kid. McMahon would be wearing sunglasses. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU</P>

Not even sure that is no. 76 in the background</P>

No. 11 is a well known name from the Bears of yesteryear.........not McMahon. Before his time</P>

Weak sauce??? Football was played well before the year 1990 FYI [;)]</P>

jmike
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Z</P>

67 is OL George Seals [thought 67 and no. 29 being identified was bit to much to ask]*** nice job** YA******* No. 11** was a fairly*good QB for the Bears</P>

Z</P>

Then who is 76 in the background behind ****? (I have no clue btw) Gotta say though, guessing that #11 is the QB is pretty weak sauce. [:p] Jim McMahon maybe.......I kid. McMahon would be wearing sunglasses. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU</P>

No. 11 is a well known name from the Bears of yesteryear.........not McMahon. Before his time</P>

Weak sauce???***** Football was played well before the year 1990* FYI [;)]</P>

It's 76.

I was kidding about McMahon.

#11 has been a very popular QB number at all levels of football for my entire life. So guessing #11 is a QB is weak sauce IMO.

Question you have to ask though is why a MLB and QB are walking off the field together? Were they out there on a FG try maybe?

zimonami
09-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

Weak sauce??? Football was played well before the year 1990 FYI [;)]</P>

It's 76. I was kidding about McMahon. #11 has been a very popular QB number at all levels of football for my entire life. So guessing #11 is a QB is weak sauce IMO. Question you have to ask though is why a MLB and QB are walking off the field together? Were they out there on a FG try maybe?</P>

That's Jack Concannon... and, Butkus is, I guarantee you, telling him to get his *** in gear and score some points. Bears had a great D in those days, and a woeful offense.</P>

YATittle1962
09-28-2010, 07:57 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

Weak sauce???***** Football was played well before the year 1990* FYI [;)]</P>

It's 76. I was kidding about McMahon. #11 has been a very popular QB number at all levels of football for my entire life. So guessing #11 is a QB is weak sauce IMO. Question you have to ask though is why a MLB and QB are walking off the field together? Were they out there on a FG try maybe?</P>

That's Jack Concannon... and, Butkus is, I guarantee you, telling him to get his *** in gear* and score some points.* Bears had a great D in those days, and a woeful offense.</P>

hahahahhhahaa...Zimmy looking at that picture and reading what you wrote is hilarious.....

I guarantee you thats exactly what Butkus is saying.......

that D was nasty

YATittle1962
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
"He used to say to me things like, ‘You know, Simms, if you want them to listen, you’ve got to show them,’ "In other words, you’ve got to play well....."

love this quote from Simms about Parcells......we could use a little of that right about now......

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/741/parcells.jpg

jomo
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
<FONT size=6>welcome back,yatitle1962!!!!
</FONT>Go Blue, Go YA!

zimonami
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
</FONT>Go Blue, Go YA!</P>

Actually, YA, it is very excellent having you back and smiling again. Too full of piss and vinegar to let this beat you.</P>

YATittle1962
09-28-2010, 08:37 PM
</FONT>Go Blue, Go YA!</P>

Actually, YA, it is very excellent having you back and smiling again.* Too full of piss and vinegar to let this beat you.</P>

hell yeah Z

SEC105
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/231231/cubhistory122209.jpg</p>

Name these 2 Chicago Bears. One is quite easy..........the other , not so much</p>

Z</p>

Butkus of course......and the QB .....cant remember his name....but I remember him I know 67 in the background is George Seals</p>

67 is OL George Seals [thought 67 and no. 29 being identified was bit to much to ask] nice job YA No. 11 was a fairlygood QB for the Bears</p>

Z</p>

Then who is 76 in the background behind ****? (I have no clue btw) Gotta say though, guessing that #11 is the QB is pretty weak sauce. [:p] Jim McMahon maybe.......I kid. McMahon would be wearing sunglasses. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU</p>

Not even sure that is no. 76 in the background</p>

No. 11 is a well known name from the Bears of yesteryear.........not McMahon. Before his time</p>

Weak sauce??? Football was played well before the year 1990 FYI [;)]</p>

It's 76. I was kidding about McMahon. #11 has been a very popular QB number at all levels of football for my entire life. So guessing #11 is a QB is weak sauce IMO. Question you have to ask though is why a MLB and QB are walking off the field together? Were they out there on a FG try maybe?</p>

That's Jack Concannon... and, Butkus is, I guarantee you, telling him to get his *** in gear and score some points. Bears had a great D in those days, and a woeful offense.</p>
Thats exactly who it was Z , Jack Concannon and lol Butkus sure looks like he's giving Jack a piece of his mind[:D]
Z

SEC105
09-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Speaking of Jack Concannon............the Bears obtained him in trade with Eagles. Take a wild guess who the the Bear player [very popular] was that was sent to Philly for QB Jack
Z

jmike
09-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Concrete Charlie Bednarick?

YATittle1962
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Speaking of Jack Concannon............the Bears obtained him in trade with Eagles. Take a wild guess who the the Bear player [very popular] was that was sent to Philly for QB Jack
Z

why do I wanna say Ditka?

he went from Chicago to Philly I know that

SEC105
09-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Z

why do I wanna say Ditka?

he went from Chicago to Philly I know that
Mike Ditka it was YA
Z

jmike
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Well since nobody answered it, I'll give you the answer now.

The 4 players on the Giants currently that have brothers who play or have played in the NFL are:

Eli....Peyton obviously
Sinorice Moss....I'm sure you have heard of Santana
Shawn Andrews....played with his brother Stacy when on the Eagles
Michael Johnson....his brother is Reggie Brown, that one was tough

jmike
09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
OK, new question for y'all.

4 players in Giants history have led the Giants in receiving for 4 or more seasons, name all 4.

zimonami
09-29-2010, 03:28 PM

4 players in Giants history have led the Giants in receiving for 4 or more seasons, name all 4.
</P>

I'll try Gifford, Tucker, Calloway, and Toomer</P>

ny06
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM

</P>

Del Shofner, Amani Toomer, Chris Calloway, Bavaro?</P>

zimonami
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Name seven (7) Giant TE's who have led the Giants in receiving for a season

ny06
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Name seven (7) Giant TE's who have led the Giants in receiving for a season</P>

I am pretty sure you have asked that question before Zim?</P>

But if I am wrong I will give this a shot.</P>

Bavaro, Tucker are the only ones I can think of. </P>

zimonami
09-29-2010, 04:52 PM

</P>

Possibly I did, 06, It seemed somewhat familiar.. memory!</P>

Those 2 are correct... 5 more</P>

Speaking of memory, 06, if I did ask it before you did a bad job of remembering more than 2...lol.</P>

My excuse is my age and the weed. What reason do you have? hahahaha.</P>

</P>

ny06
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM

</P>

Speaking of memory, 06, if I did ask it before you did a bad job of remembering more than 2...lol.</P>

</P>

</P>

I plead the 5th [;)]</P>

gmen46
09-29-2010, 05:51 PM

</P>

My excuse is my age and the weed.* What reason do you have? hahahaha.</P>

*</P>

I don't think I can even NAME 7 Giant TEs from memory. But I'm pretty sure Shockey led in receptions his rookie year, 02.

lttaylor56
09-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I was stumped on that one.

jmike
09-29-2010, 07:30 PM

</p>

I'll try Gifford, Tucker, Calloway, and Toomer</p>

You got 3 of 4, well done. Who's the 4th and which one comes off the list?

jmike
09-29-2010, 07:34 PM
From 1989 thru 1995 the Giants had a different player lead the team in receiving. The only time in team history this happened. Can you name all seven players?

zimonami
09-29-2010, 08:08 PM

</P>

</P>

I don't think I can even NAME 7 Giant TEs from memory. But I'm pretty sure Shockey led in receptions his rookie year, 02.</P>

Yup, Shockey is the 3rd. Some of our older members (I won't name names) will assuredly get the other 4</P>

jomo
09-29-2010, 09:48 PM

</P>

My excuse is my age and the weed.* What reason do you have? hahahaha.</P>

*</P>

I don't think I can even NAME 7 Giant TEs from memory. But I'm pretty sure Shockey led in receptions his rookie year, 02.</P>

Yup, Shockey is the 3rd.* Some of our older members (I won't name names) will assuredly get the other 4</P>7? Wow, I need to dig deep into the nooks and crannys of my brain on this one.

jomo
09-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Did Zeke ever post big enough numbers?

jomo
09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
How about Howard Cross?

zimonami
09-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Did Zeke ever post big enough numbers?</P>

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

zimonami
09-29-2010, 10:14 PM
From 1989 thru 1995 the Giants had a different player lead the team in receiving. The only time in team history this happened. Can you name all seven players?
</P>

I can think of 4... Meggett, McCaffrey, Ingram, and Calloway</P>

ny06
09-29-2010, 10:35 PM

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

</P>

How bout Gary Shirk?</P>

jmike
09-29-2010, 11:03 PM
</p>

I can think of 4... Meggett, McCaffrey, Ingram, and Calloway</p>

You got 3, Meggett isn't one of them.

zimonami
09-29-2010, 11:31 PM

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

</P>

How bout Gary Shirk?</P>

</P>

Yup, Shirk is 5... good job</P>

2 more</P>

zimonami
09-29-2010, 11:33 PM
</P>

</P>

Bummer. only 3.</P>

How about Mark Jackson?</P>

jmike
09-30-2010, 09:24 AM
</p>

I can think of 4... Meggett, McCaffrey, Ingram, and Calloway</p>

</p>

Bummer. only 3.</p>

How about Mark Jackson?</p>

Yes Mark Jackson was one.

1991-Mark Ingram
1992-Ed McCaffery
1993-Mark Jackson
1995-Chris Calloway

(small trivia add on: how and from whom did the Giants aquire Chris Calloway?)

ny06
09-30-2010, 11:34 AM
</P>

</P>

Bummer. only 3.</P>

1991-Mark Ingram
1992-Ed McCaffery
1993-Mark Jackson
1995-Chris Calloway

<FONT size=4>(small trivia add on: how and from whom did the Giants aquire Chris Calloway?)
</FONT></P>

I dont know how they aquired him, but we got him from the steelers</P>

zimonami
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

</P>

How bout Gary Shirk?</P>

</P>

2 more</P>

</P>

OK, we have 5... Shirk, Mowatt, Tucker, Shockey, and Bavaro</P>

The other years a Giant TE led the team in receptions was 1967 and 1982... that will surely help.</P>

zimonami
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I have certain pictures on Webshots that regularly rotate as my puter backround. Last night when I logged out of the Giant MB's my backround changed, all on its own, to a blue backround with GIANTS on it. I have never seen it before, and didn't download it to my Webshots to be available.</P>

Anyone got any ideas where it could have comefrom?</P>

SEC105
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

</P>

How bout Gary Shirk?</P>

</P>

2 more</P>

</P>

The other years a Giant TE led the team in receptions was 1967 and 1982... that will surely help.</P>

</P>

That helps a lot Z.....67 , I think , was Aaron Thomas 82 if it was not Zeke how about Tom Mullady?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-30-2010, 05:09 PM
</P>

</P>

Bummer. only 3.</P>

1991-Mark Ingram
1992-Ed McCaffery
1993-Mark Jackson
1995-Chris Calloway

</P>

Odessa Turner might be 89 or 90 same with Dave Meggett not sure on 94</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I have certain pictures on Webshots that regularly rotate as my puter backround. Last night when I logged out of the Giant MB's my backround changed, all on its own, to a blue backround with GIANTS on it. I have never seen it before, and didn't download it to my Webshots to be available.</P>

</P>

My guess is it's the "Giant Gods" of cyberspace shining down on you Z [:D] lol</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-30-2010, 06:15 PM

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

</P>

How bout Gary Shirk?</P>

</P>

2 more</P>

</P>

</P>

That helps a lot Z.....67 , I think , was Aaron Thomas 82 if it was not Zeke how about Tom Mullady?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

BINGO! Thomas and Mullady. Who would have ever believed that Mullady or Shirk were ever season receptions leaders? Aaron Thomas was danged good, so that's not a surprise to me.</P>

zimonami
09-30-2010, 06:24 PM
</P>

</P>

Bummer. only 3.</P>

1991-Mark Ingram
1992-Ed McCaffery
1993-Mark Jackson
1995-Chris Calloway

</P>

Odessa Turner might be 89 or 90 same with Dave Meggett not sure on 94</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Turner sounds good, SEC. I never would have remembered. He was a good athlete and good size... whatever happened to him?</P>

I could have sworn Meggett was our leader one year...with about 38 receptions... I thought we had it on here last preseason when I was researching years that we spread the passes around alot and the leader for the year had a very low number... I was predicting that our '09 receivers would be like that... would never have believed Smith would get 107. I predicted him to have around 58.</P>

I also remember that we had a year that the leader had 22 receptions. I'll need to look for that again, because I forget... but, isn't that an incredibly low number... only averaging about 1-1/2 passes per game?</P>

SEC105
09-30-2010, 06:26 PM

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

</P>

How bout Gary Shirk?</P>

</P>

2 more</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

BINGO! Thomas and Mullady. Who would have ever believed that Mullady or Shirk were ever season receptions leaders? Aaron Thomas was danged good, so that's not a surprise to me.</P>

</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/650/slideshow_65012/display_image.jpg</P>

Aaron Thomas was agood one caught many passes from YA right up through the Tarkenton years. One of my favorites actually as a kid</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-30-2010, 06:28 PM

</P>

My guess is it's the "Giant Gods" of cyberspace shining down on you Z [:D] lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Mt grand daughter had the answer... I right clicked on the message board, to the right of the Verizon Wireless ad, and must have released when it was on "Set Backround as"</P>

I just did it and it worked. For now I like it and will keep it.</P>

jomo
09-30-2010, 08:42 PM

Zeke is No. 4, jomo.</P>

Cross is not one.</P>

3 to go</P>

</P>

How bout Gary Shirk?</P>

</P>

2 more</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/650/slideshow_65012/display_image.jpg</P>

Aaron Thomas was agood one caught many passes from YA right up through the Tarkenton years. One of my favorites actually as a kid</P>

Z</P>I shoulda got Shirk (haven't thought of him in decades) but would have never locked in on Mullady and Thomas. Excellent question!

YATittle1962
09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
ok...so my son was up in my attic for like 3 hours going through old football stuff he and I have collected since he was a child in the 70s.......he wants to put some stuff on ebay so that other people could cherish some of the stuff he has doubles other than have them collect dust up there......

and to my surprise he came across these.......

these were my fathers......he got them for me when they came out...I remember him saying he would give them to me when he thought I would appreciate them.........he collected them one by one from the place who gave them out back then......I was very young when he got them....

I had forgotten all about them until about an hour ago.......I cant believe the condition they are in.....

so my question is....

who remembers these?

when were they available ?

and where were they available?

they were pretty popular at the time......

above them Ill type what is written on the bottom of them....

thought you guys would enjoy seeing these.

Frank Gifford around the right side
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1599/dsc00107iw.jpg

Sam Huff shuts off the middle
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3262/dsc00108v.jpg

Kyle Rote catches one in the end zone
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3268/dsc00109wu.jpg

Jim Patton goes after the scatback
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9177/dsc00111ve.jpg

**** Modzelewski breaks through to nail his man
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9086/dsc00112sb.jpg

Charlie Conerly gets it away under fire
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5919/dsc00110qo.jpg

YATittle1962
09-30-2010, 09:49 PM
double post

zimonami
09-30-2010, 10:55 PM
ok...so my son was up in my attic for like 3 hours going through old football stuff he and I have collected since he was a child in the 70s.......he wants to put some stuff on ebay so that other people could cherish some of the stuff he has doubles other than have them collect dust up there...... and to my surprise he came across these....... these were my fathers......he got them for me when they came out...I remember him saying he would give them to me when he thought I would appreciate them.........he collected them one by one from the place who gave them out back then......I was very young when he got them.... I had forgotten all about them until about an hour ago.......I cant believe the condition they are in..... so my question is.... who remembers these? when were they available ? and where were they available? they were pretty popular at the time...... above them Ill type what is written on the bottom of them.... thought you guys would enjoy seeing these. Frank Gifford around the right side http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1599/dsc00107iw.jpg Sam Huff shuts off the middle http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3262/dsc00108v.jpg Kyle Rote catches one in the end zone http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3268/dsc00109wu.jpg Jim Patton goes after the scatback http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9177/dsc00111ve.jpg **** Modzelewski breaks through to nail his man http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9086/dsc00112sb.jpg Charlie Conerly gets it away under fire http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5919/dsc00110qo.jpg</P>

OMG, YA... I have the same pics... only, I haye to admit to you, some of mine are signed by theplayers. Aunt Jean had them framed and gave them to us for my son, David, around 1969. When we moved here 20 years ago David packed them in a box and I haven't seen them since. I could swear we also have a Joe Morrison one, too. I remember only some were autographed cuz she said she didn't see all the guys.</P>

I don't remember when they came out at all, or where they were available. I don't remember Jean telling us where they came from. First time I ever remember seeing them was when Jean gave them to us, I'll have to find them ... someplace in storage. Thank you... it was a real shocker when I saw them.</P>

ny06
09-30-2010, 10:56 PM
ok...so my son was up in my attic for like 3 hours going through old football stuff he and I have collected since he was a child in the 70s.......he wants to put some stuff on ebay so that other people could cherish some of the stuff he has doubles other than have them collect dust up there...... and to my surprise he came across these....... these were my fathers......he got them for me when they came out...I remember him saying he would give them to me when he thought I would appreciate them.........he collected them one by one from the place who gave them out back then......I was very young when he got them.... I had forgotten all about them until about an hour ago.......I cant believe the condition they are in..... so my question is.... who remembers these? when were they available ? and where were they available? they were pretty popular at the time...... above them Ill type what is written on the bottom of them.... thought you guys would enjoy seeing these. Frank Gifford around the right side http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1599/dsc00107iw.jpg Sam Huff shuts off the middle http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3262/dsc00108v.jpg Kyle Rote catches one in the end zone http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3268/dsc00109wu.jpg Jim Patton goes after the scatback http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9177/dsc00111ve.jpg **** Modzelewski breaks through to nail his man http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9086/dsc00112sb.jpg Charlie Conerly gets it away under fire http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5919/dsc00110qo.jpg</P>

Good stuff YA</P>

jomo
09-30-2010, 11:00 PM

Good stuff YA</P>These are great, all from my formative years as a Giants fan. Thanks

YATittle1962
09-30-2010, 11:41 PM
those are prints of Robert Riger illustrations that Shell stations would give out when you got a tank of gas in the late 50s and early 60s.........

Im really excited to have just been re introduced to them

beautiful pieces

rbcarpenter
10-01-2010, 10:38 AM
those are prints of Robert Riger illustrations that Shell stations would give out when you got a tank of gas in the late 50s and early 60s.........

beautiful piecesgreat pics,ya,but brings back a semi-sad memeory...

back in 1981,hess also did a series of sketches like that,that came out just before the pre-season(talk about good timing,1st playoff appearance in 18 years!).the players were-simms,shirk,carson,martin,gray,and taylor(it was originally going to be billy talyor,but he was cut,so they did a little air brushing and,wala!-LT).had them all autographed and dated from going to the valerie roast fund dinners in the early to mid 80's.....now the sad part-had them all framed on my wall in my apartment in newark,de,at the time-i was 25-and when i came home from work one evening,my drug addict roomie(didn't know he was a druggie until after he left), had stolen EVERYTHING of value in my home-my sega,tv,stereo,certain books and other memorabilia.still ticks me off even to think about...every so often i try to hit the seach engnes to try to find the guy-it would be worth it to find where he lives then go there and beat him senseless![:@]

YATittle1962
10-01-2010, 11:50 AM

beautiful piecesgreat pics,ya,but brings back a semi-sad memeory...

back in 1981,hess also did a series of sketches like that,that came out just before the pre-season(talk about good timing,1st playoff appearance in 18 years!).the players were-simms,shirk,carson,martin,gray,and taylor(it was originally going to be billy talyor,but he was cut,so they did a little air brushing and,wala!-LT).had them all autographed and dated from going to the valerie roast fund dinners in the early to mid 80's.....now the sad part-had them all framed on my wall in my apartment in newark,de,at the time-i was 25-and when i came home from work one evening,my drug addict roomie(didn't know he was a druggie until after he left), had stolen EVERYTHING of value in my home-my sega,tv,stereo,certain books and other memorabilia.still ticks me off even to think about...every so often i try to hit the seach engnes to try to find the guy-it would be worth it to find where he lives then go there and beat him senseless![:@]

that is a horrible story rbc.......

as bad as you want to mangle that dude.......I can all but guarantee you that the Karma Police have already dealt with him

I remember the Hess sketches.......my son had them all....not signed of course....but he had them.....

im going to call him right now and ask him if he still has them.......he always has doubles of everything he has ever collected......just the way he is.....kinda smart actually.....

if he does have them....you and I should pull a couple strings ......and go to a couple signings and get a few signed and framed and back on your wall for nostalgia sake......

or ill just do it and send them to ya ;)

some Karma points for ole YA.......hahahahahaha......

zimonami
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
those are prints of Robert Riger illustrations that Shell stations would give out when you got a tank of gas in the late 50s and early 60s......... Im really excited to have just been re introduced to them beautiful piecesgreat pics,ya,but brings back a semi-sad memeory...

that is a horrible story rbc....... as bad as you want to mangle that dude.......I can all but guarantee you that the Karma Police have already dealt with him I remember the Hess sketches.......my son had them all....not signed of course....but he had them..... im going to call him right now and ask him if he still has them.......he always has doubles of everything he has ever collected......just the way he is.....kinda smart actually..... if he does have them....you and I should pull a couple strings ......and go to a couple signings and get a few signed and framed and back on your wall for nostalgia sake...... or ill just do it and send them to ya ;) some Karma points for ole YA.......hahahahahaha......</P>

That bites, RBC. Maybe he's a rich dude now. Your property gave him the opportunity to get more drugs. He was arrested, did some time, and came out a new man with enlightened ideas... He made millions, thanks to you. What a good man!</P>

On the other hand, he may have OD'd and is nothing but a memory.</P>

Either way, you might never know.</P>

I don't know why I never knew of the first series of prints before Aunt Jean gave them to David, yet my mom always went to Shell in the 50's and 60's. Then, I never knew about Hess' prints in the 80's either, and I used to go there, too. I did get a lot of the Giant glasses that Hess had, back in the late 70's, early 80's? They are also a memory.</P>

Checked with David... either he or I havethe signed prints in a box in storage. He remembers that they were definitely signed... so, Jean brought them to the players for that. Now I have to find them... ugghh... hundreds of boxes in storage.</P>

rbcarpenter
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
@ ya-that would be UNREAL if you could pull that off...it would make my year!

@zim-i like that scenario! hoping he's gone already,lol!zim,i will be sending both you and sec105 a p.m. either later today or sometime tomorrow...keep an eye out,please!

jmike
10-01-2010, 11:43 PM
finding him wouldn't be hard

I could help, but I don't want to help you land yourself in jail.

lttaylor56
10-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Identify #61 in the photo below:</P>

</P>

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee464/lttaylor56/SUPERBOWL21imagesCARBGSC5.jpg</P>

jmike
10-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Well I don't see a 61. I see a 60. I can't tell if that is 86 or 90. However, in 86 Brad Benson wore #60. That isn't Benson. So that would be Eric Moore. #61 on that season's team was Bob Kratch and in 86 #61 was Chris Godfrey I think.

lttaylor56
10-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Well I don't see a 61. I see a 60. I can't tell if that is 86 or 90. However, in 86 Brad Benson wore #60. That isn't Benson. So that would be Eric Moore. #61 on that season's team was Bob Kratch and in 86 #61 was Chris Godfrey I think.
</P>

</P>

Sorry, yes it is #60, the year was 1986 sb 21 vs. Broncos. </P>

jmike
10-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Ok that is weird because I thought Benson wore 60 that year.

jmike
10-02-2010, 12:59 AM
My next guess would be Damian Johnson, but I think he was 68.

zimonami
10-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Ok that is weird because I thought Benson wore 60 that year.
</P>

agree, jmike, Benson was 60 in 1986, and that is 1986 SB... ??? so, who had 60?</P>

rbcarpenter
10-02-2010, 08:13 AM
zim and sec105----please check your p.m.'s!![:)]

lttaylor56
10-02-2010, 08:28 AM
</P>

</P>

I actually don't know the answer to this one. It's been driving me crazy for a while.</P>

jmike
10-02-2010, 10:43 AM
</p>

</p>

I actually don't know the answer to this one. It's been driving me crazy for a while.</p>

It is Eric Moore. That photo is from the Super Bowl 25. Parcells wore a gray sweater for Super Bowl 21. Problem solved.

lttaylor56
10-02-2010, 11:18 AM
</P>

</P>

I actually don't know the answer to this one. It's been driving me crazy for a while.</P>

It is Eric Moore. That photo is from the Super Bowl 25. Parcells wore a gray sweater for Super Bowl 21. Problem solved.
</P>

</P>

J-mike-awesome thanks. That has plagued our family for years. We had the sb's wrong.</P>

jmike
10-02-2010, 11:23 AM
No problem

jmike
10-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Ironically, it was Benson, wearing his no. 60, who was one of the players who lifted Parcells after SB21.

lttaylor56
10-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Still can't believe I got the sb's confused. That means that photo was taken in Tampa, Fl? All this time I thought it was pasadena, CA.</P>

lttaylor56
10-02-2010, 12:43 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

J-mike-awesome thanks. That has plagued our family for years. We had the sb's wrong.</P>

</P>

I had to confirm the sweater color to put this to rest in my own mind. SB#21 vs. Broncos. Parcells wore grey sweater.</P>

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee464/lttaylor56/imagesCA8Q0O3F.jpg</P>

jmike
10-02-2010, 12:49 PM
</p>

</p>

I actually don't know the answer to this one. It's been driving me crazy for a while.</p>

</p>

</p>

J-mike-awesome thanks. That has plagued our family for years. We had the sb's wrong.</p>

</p>

I had to confirm the sweater color to put this to rest in my own mind. SB#21 vs. Broncos. Parcells wore grey sweater.</p>

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee464/lttaylor56/imagesCA8Q0O3F.jpg</p>

And look, there's Benson rockin the 60.

lttaylor56
10-02-2010, 12:53 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I had to confirm the sweater color to put this to rest in my own mind. SB#21 vs. Broncos. Parcells wore grey sweater.</P>

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee464/lttaylor56/imagesCA8Q0O3F.jpg</P>

And look, there's Benson rockin the 60.
</P>

</P>

Nice, great job!</P>

SEC105
10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.greenwichtime.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&amp;action=get&amp;id=315082&amp;width=6 28&amp;height=471</P>

Love this pic thought you guys might enjoy it who is the player with just the number 3 showing?</P>

I think I know but lets see what the gang here thinks it is</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.greenwichtime.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&amp;action=get&amp;id=315082&amp;width=6 28&amp;height=471</P>

Love this pic thought you guys might enjoy it who is the player with just the number 3 showing?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

How about Greg Larson?</P>

That is a good pic, and over on the far right... I see you eying some babe in the stands.</P>

SEC105
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM

Z</P>

</P>

That is a good pic, and over on the far right... I see you eying some babe in the stands.</P>

</P>

could be Greg Larson Z I had someone else in mind</P>

btw yes I was a eyeing hottie in the stands lol no harm no foul</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
10-04-2010, 07:45 PM
hey sec105,and zim,did you get the pm i sent to both of you?

zimonami
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
hey sec105,and zim,did you get the pm i sent to both of you?
</P>

Gotcha, RBC.</P>

I messaged you back, and an e-mail, too.</P>

:) Z</P>

rbcarpenter
10-04-2010, 09:13 PM
thanks guys!this really[Y] helps a lot!

zimonami
10-04-2010, 10:24 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

could be Greg Larson Z I had someone else in mind</P>

btw yes I was a eyeing hottie in the stands lol no harm no foul</P>

Z</P>

</P>

who is it, SEC? Larson, #53, was the only guy I could remember with a 3. Don't remember exactly what he looked like, </P>

YATittle1962
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.greenwichtime.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=315082&width=628&height=471</P>

Love this pic******* thought you guys might enjoy it** who is the player with just the number 3 showing?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

could be Greg Larson Z*** I had someone else in mind</P>

btw*** yes I was a eyeing hottie in the stands** lol** no harm no foul</P>

Z</P>

</P>

who is it, SEC?* Larson, #53, was the only guy I could remember with a 3.** *Don't remember exactly what he looked like, </P>

Im pretty sure thats Bookie Bolin.......O lineman out of Ole Miss

not positive.....but thats the name that came to my mind when I saw the pic....

amazing pic by the way......I cant stop staring at it

SEC105
10-04-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.greenwichtime.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&amp;action=get&amp;id=315082&amp;width=6 28&amp;height=471</p>

Love this pic thought you guys might enjoy it who is the player with just the number 3 showing?</p>

I think I know but lets see what the gang here thinks it is</p>

Z</p>

</p>

How about Greg Larson?</p>

That is a good pic, and over on the far right... I see you eying some babe in the stands.</p>

</p>

could be Greg Larson Z I had someone else in mind</p>

btw yes I was a eyeing hottie in the stands lol no harm no foul</p>

Z</p>

</p>

who is it, SEC? Larson, #53, was the only guy I could remember with a 3. Don't remember exactly what he looked like, </p>

Im pretty sure thats Bookie Bolin.......O lineman out of Ole Miss

not positive.....but thats the name that came to my mind when I saw the pic....

amazing pic by the way......I cant stop staring at it
I'm not positive gang......but I thought it was Bookie Bolin also. He would fit this time frame also. I vaguely can picture Greg Larson"s face and that does not appear to be him
Z

SEC105
10-04-2010, 10:40 PM
thanks guys!this really[Y] helps a lot!

No problem RBC kinda busy the next few days but let me see what I can do
Z

YATittle1962
10-04-2010, 10:40 PM
as a kid I would study bubble gum cards constantly......it was an obsession.....the faces....the numbers.....the stats.....the little facts they would put on the back.......everything....

for some reason when I saw that pic.......Bookie Bolin just popped in my head

I can see the card like I just looked at it

SEC105
10-04-2010, 10:45 PM
as a kid I would study bubble gum cards constantly......it was an obsession.....the faces....the numbers.....the stats.....the little facts they would put on the back.......everything....

Amazing you mentioned that Y. A.....thats exactly how I remembered Bookie Bolins face. As a little kid I always knew each players number. Kind of stuff just sticks with you I guess even though it was a long time ago
Z

YATittle1962
10-04-2010, 11:09 PM

Amazing you mentioned that Y. A.....thats exactly how I remembered Bookie Bolins face. As a little kid I always knew each players number. Kind of stuff just sticks with you I guess even though it was a long time ago
Z

you have no idea how many times in this thread my memory of those very cards has helped me answer questions

I studied them so much that some of that info is just burnt into my brain

jmike
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Any of you who know mind telling me who the other players in the picture are. Sorry, but that was a bit before my time.

jmike
10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Bookie Bolin

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_S1s0AGz-Bl0/TCoGemVcctI/AAAAAAAAAOE/H6O7MBuPBOw/s1600/63.jpg

jmike
10-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Greg Larson

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/a414cc365a4cd14b378b6fc040c69f7416f7d892.jpg?x=74&amp; y=88&amp;sig=04b14fe57b46dd4d8b950b116c52dee2http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/cd7f2a3eac8a7e34910e9c7129f849657228e4eb.jpg?x=69&amp; y=88&amp;sig=eda2bd3914780cd428dc86f8c8a57f23

YATittle1962
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Any of you who know mind telling me who the other players in the picture are.* Sorry, but that was a bit before my time.

right to left

Lane Howell, Jim Patton, Bookie Bolin?, Andy Robustelli, YA Tittle, Frank Gifford.

zimonami
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Greg Larson

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/a414cc365a4cd14b378b6fc040c69f7416f7d892.jpg?x=74&amp; y=88&amp;sig=04b14fe57b46dd4d8b950b116c52dee2http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/cd7f2a3eac8a7e34910e9c7129f849657228e4eb.jpg?x=69&amp; y=88&amp;sig=eda2bd3914780cd428dc86f8c8a57f23
</P>

TY for the Greg larson pics</P>

78 - Lane Howell</P>

20 - Jimmy Patton</P>

81 - Andy Robustelli</P>

14 - YA</P>

16 - Giff</P>

ny06
10-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Difficult question</P>

Name the 2 coaches talking to the players?</P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/2evaxys.jpg</P>

zimonami
10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I can't see them well enough to tell, 06, but, even if I did, I'm not sure I'd know.</P>

</P>

</P>

Here's one... What was the last year that the Giants beat the Bears in a regular season Home game?</P>

ny06
10-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I can't see them well enough to tell, 06, but, even if I did, I'm not sure I'd know.</P>

</P>

</P>

Here's one... What was the last year that the Giants beat the Bears in a regular season Home game?</P>

</P>

Yeah the picture is hard to see there faces.</P>

It'sheadcoach Bob Folwell and assistant Joe Alexander</P>

The year 1925. The Giants first headcoach. </P>

I have to think about that question. </P>

jmike
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I can't see them well enough to tell, 06, but, even if I did, I'm not sure I'd know.</p>

</p>

</p>

Here's one... What was the last year that the Giants beat the Bears in a regular season Home game?</p>

Well the last time they beat them at home was in the play-offs during the 1990 Super Bowl run I think. Regular season? I don't believe that has happened in my lifetime so I will guess, before 1982.

zimonami
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM

</P>

</P>

Well the last time they beat them at home was in the play-offs during the 1990 Super Bowl run I think. Regular season? I don't believe that has happened in my lifetime so I will guess, before 1982.
</P>

Yes, before '82</P>

zimonami
10-05-2010, 05:04 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah the picture is hard to see there faces.</P>

It'sheadcoach Bob Folwell and assistant Joe Alexander</P>

The year 1925. The Giants first headcoach. </P>

I have to think about that question. </P>

</P>

Even with a better pic I wouldn't have gotten it correct.</P>

jmike
10-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I can't see them well enough to tell, 06, but, even if I did, I'm not sure I'd know.</p>

</p>

</p>

Here's one... What was the last year that the Giants beat the Bears in a regular season Home game?</p>

</p>

Yes, before '82</p>

Do I get partial credit? Was I right on the last home play-off win?

allentown PA
10-05-2010, 09:29 PM
I can't see them well enough to tell, 06,* but, even if I did, I'm not sure I'd know.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

that's a good one...I gave up after 20 mins...but it has to be in the early 70's

allentown PA
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
I can't see them well enough to tell, 06,* but, even if I did, I'm not sure I'd know.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

that's a good one...I gave up after 20 mins...but it has to be in the early 70's

SEC105
10-05-2010, 09:38 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

Yes, before '82</p>

Pretty sure you right so you should get credit for that. We held Neal Anderson to under 30 yards rushing in that game I think
Z

YATittle1962
10-05-2010, 10:41 PM

*</P>

*</P>

my instincts are telling me it was during the Tarkenton days......

Ill say '68

jmike
10-05-2010, 10:59 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

Yes, before '82</p>

Pretty sure you right so you should get credit for that. We held Neal Anderson to under 30 yards rushing in that game I think
Z

Wow, Neal Anderson, talk about a guy I completely forgot. Wasn't he the guy that took over for Payton?

xiaoqian
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Many NFL jerseys are on hot selling! www.base-price.com (http://www.base-price.com)

zimonami
10-05-2010, 11:46 PM

</P>

</P>

my instincts are telling me it was during the Tarkenton days...... Ill say '68</P>

Close enough, YA... 1969. Forty-One years ago. Wow, that's a long time.</P>

zimonami
10-05-2010, 11:57 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yes, before '82</P>

</P>

Yep, jmike, you get partial credit for the correct year that we lastbeat the Bears at home, in a playoff game.</P>

YATittle1962
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM

*</P>

*</P>

my instincts are telling me it was during the Tarkenton days...... Ill say '68</P>

Close enough, YA... 1969.* Forty-One years ago. Wow, that's a long time.</P>

wow

part of me was hoping I wasnt even close......

any idea how many times we have played them at home since then?

jmike
10-06-2010, 12:00 PM

</p>

</p>

my instincts are telling me it was during the Tarkenton days...... Ill say '68</p>

Close enough, YA... 1969. Forty-One years ago. Wow, that's a long time.</p>

wow

part of me was hoping I wasnt even close......

any idea how many times we have played them at home since then?

I wonder home many other teams are undefeated in the regular season at Giants stadium. Because '69 was before they moved in there right?

SEC105
10-06-2010, 04:42 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yes, before '82</P>

Z

Wow, Neal Anderson, talk about a guy I completely forgot. Wasn't he the guy that took over for Payton?
</P>

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago_sports_mob/assets_c/2010/09/neal%20anderson-thumb-572xauto-226494.jpg</P>

Yup he became the Bears main manafter the Great Walter Payton retired. Think he's still second in Bears rushing history to Walter</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-06-2010, 04:45 PM

</P>

</P>

Close enough, YA... 1969. Forty-One years ago. Wow, that's a long time.</P>

wow part of me was hoping I wasnt even close...... any idea how many times we have played them at home since then?

I wonder home many other teams are undefeated in the regular season at Giants stadium. Because '69 was before they moved in there right?
</P>

Good question........don't know the answer though......First season in Giants Stadium was 1976 so that game the guys were talking about had to beplayed @ Yankee Stadium if it was in thelate 1960s</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-06-2010, 05:57 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/Billy_Johnson_Oilers.jpg</P>

What former Houston player is this?</P>

Z</P>

jmike
10-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Billy Johnson?

SEC105
10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Billy Johnson?
</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0EVm7fi0iQ</P>

Yes good call jmike</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-06-2010, 10:06 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1980/0114_large.jpg</P>

Moon was better than Pastorini?............just wonderingwhat the gang thought. Much respect to "Warren" Stand in the "Pocket" or move up Danny Boy not so much</P>

YATittle1962
10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1980/0114_large.jpg</P>

Moon was better than Pastorini?............just wondering*what the gang thought. Much respect to "Warren"**** Stand in the "Pocket"** or move up***** *** Danny Boy** not so much</P>

Pastorini was a hell of a QB .....but he was no Warren Moon

Houston was throwing the ball like crazy in the 80s.......I think there were season when Warren had close to 700 attempts

YATittle1962
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Randy Moss historically torches the Giants......

but in just 2 of the 5 regular season games he played in against the Giants as a Viking he totaled 296 yds and 5 TDs...

171 yds and 3 TDs in one game

...and 125 yds and 2 TDs in another.....

can you connect the yardage and TDs to the season?

they happened between '98 and '04

ny06
10-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Randy Moss historically torches the Giants...... but in just 2 of the 5 regular season games he played in against the Giants as a Viking he totaled 296 yds and 5 TDs... 171 yds and 3 TDs in one game ...and 125 yds and 2 TDs in another..... can you connect the yardage and TDs to the season? they happened between '98 and '04</P>

I'll take a guess.</P>

1999, 2001?</P>

YATittle1962
10-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Randy Moss historically torches the Giants...... but in just 2 of the 5 regular season games he played in against the Giants as a Viking he totaled 296 yds and 5 TDs... 171 yds and 3 TDs in one game ...and 125 yds and 2 TDs in another..... can you connect the yardage and TDs to the season? they happened between '98 and '04</P>

I'll take a guess.</P>

1999, 2001?</P>

2001 is one of them......but which one?

;)

ny06
10-07-2010, 02:20 PM

I'll take a guess.</P>

1999, 2001?</P>

2001 is one of them......but which one? ;)</P>

I will go with the 125 yds and 2 touchdowns?</P>

ny06
10-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Who said this quote?</P>

“Pro football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors.”
</P>

SEC105
10-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Who said this quote?</P>

“Pro football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors.”
</P>

</P>

Mr. Frank Gifford said it....and for good reason</P>

Z</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0809/mlb.yankee.stadium.moments/images/00.001074864Finalfinal.jpg</P>