PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

jmike
10-27-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/antiqueattic/items/643334/pict.jpg

This is Neal Guggemos, in 1988 he was the Giants leading kick returner. For the life of me I no recollection of him at all, which is rare, though it was a bit before I really started paying attention. Does anyone remember him?

Yes no question at all really, but a mission for a laugh for you, put his name into Goggle image search and see the first 4 pictures that pop up. BTW-don't do it at work. I nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard.

ny06
10-27-2010, 12:40 PM
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>What was everyone’s first experience watching the Giants live?</P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>Feel free to go into detail, would love to hear the stories. </P>

YATittle1962
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
everyone around here knows mine....but Ill tell it again since one of my favorite posters asked..........pretty sure me and SEC were at the same game......

it was Oct 28 1962.....I was 9 years old.....about to turn 10 in almost exactly a month.....

my uncle and dad took my brother and I to Yankee Stadium for what was my first time seeing the Giants in person......

previously all I had to go by was the radio broadcast and pictures in the news paper......we didnt have a TV until around .......1964 it must have been.....one of the first things I remember watching on TV was the Beatles on Ed Sullivan......so I guess it was 64......

anyway......that day I watched YA Tittle throw 7 TD passes ......and a rabid fan was born......

I remember people around me yelling for him to throw the 8th....which he could have.........but YA and Allie being the classy guys they were.....they ran the ball to end the game......

I can see my old man..... cigarette dangling from his mouth saying.....how 'bout that kid how 'bout that!!!!!

we stormed the field after the game ......as you did in those days......I remember slipping in one of the mud pits surrounding the field and losing one of my Chuck Taylors......

a day Ill never forget.....

sometimes when I smell popcorn and beer its like my brain goes into a time warp back to those days.....magical times.....

oh the good old Bronx and the way it was back then......

anyway ....I was immediately obsessed and havent changed one bit since.......

rbcarpenter
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
first,glad to be on page<font size="6"> 500</font> of the best thread on the boards...my first live experience of seeing the giants live in 1973 in the season opener against the houston oilers when i was 6 years old...hooked as soon as we took our seats and started watching the warm-ups!

jmike
10-27-2010, 02:30 PM
My first Giant game ever was in 1990. My family had just moved to Philly and as a moving gift my day bought for me tickets to a Giants game for him and I at the Vet.

I remember that leading up to that game the Giants were undefeated and on a roll. This was the 1st season where I really understood what was going on. My dad had been to many a game at Giant's stadium because his friend had season tickets, but never had a chance to take me.

So I was 8 about to turn 8 an it was near Thanksgiving as I recall. Got dressed up warm for the game and my only winter coat at the time was this Giants parka my dad got me because he loved the fact that I liked watching football with him.

We had seats in the upper deck there. My dad got me a hot dog and a drink and we went to the seats. Then everyone started shouting at us, I didn't really notice it was at us at first, just seemed like angry shouting. Then my dad got up and asked me to come with him. I remember being upset because the ball was just about to be kicked off. Then as we were working down the aisle to the steps I realized it was us that they were shouting at. Next think I know someone pushed dad, then hit my drink and it spilled all over me, and my hot dog fell out of my hand and someone stepped on it. Dad then picked me up and carried me off. He took us too the security office and he was arguing with a man there and I remember the guy saying, "Well if you are worried about safety you shouldn't have dressed her like that. Probably best if you go home." Now I was wet, upset and heartbroken because I didn't get to watch the game.

Mom though used our VCR to tape the game, so dad and I watched whn we got home, which was nice, but then they lost.

Great times.

rbcarpenter
10-27-2010, 02:44 PM
My first Giant game ever was in 1990. My family had just moved to Philly and as a moving gift my day bought for me tickets to a Giants game for him and I at the Vet.

I remember that leading up to that game the Giants were undefeated and on a roll. This was the 1st season where I really understood what was going on. My dad had been to many a game at Giant's stadium because his friend had season tickets, but never had a chance to take me.

So I was 8 about to turn 8 an it was near Thanksgiving as I recall. Got dressed up warm for the game and my only winter coat at the time was this Giants parka my dad got me because he loved the fact that I liked watching football with him.

We had seats in the upper deck there. My dad got me a hot dog and a drink and we went to the seats. Then everyone started shouting at us, I didn't really notice it was at us at first, just seemed like angry shouting. Then my dad got up and asked me to come with him. I remember being upset because the ball was just about to be kicked off. Then as we were working down the aisle to the steps I realized it was us that they were shouting at. Next think I know someone pushed dad, then hit my drink and it spilled all over me, and my hot dog fell out of my hand and someone stepped on it. Dad then picked me up and carried me off. He took us too the security office and he was arguing with a man there and I remember the guy saying, "Well if you are worried about safety you shouldn't have dressed her like that. Probably best if you go home." Now I was wet, upset and heartbroken because I didn't get to watch the game.

Mom though used our VCR to tape the game, so dad and I watched when we got home, which was nice, but then they lost.

Great times.
well,that's the scum-sucking filthy fans for you...even messing with an 8 year old girl-but oh,so typical of them.sorry your first experience was like that,jmike.

YATittle1962
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
My first Giant game ever was in 1990.* My family had just moved to Philly and as a moving gift my day bought for me tickets to a Giants game for him and I at the Vet.

I remember that leading up to that game the Giants were undefeated and on a roll. This was the 1st season where I really understood what was going on.* My dad had been to many a game at Giant's stadium because his friend had season tickets, but never had a chance to take me.

So I was 8 about to turn 8 an it was near Thanksgiving as I recall.* Got dressed up warm for the game and my only winter coat at the time was this Giants parka my dad got me because he loved the fact that I liked watching football with him.

We had seats in the upper deck there.* My dad got me a hot dog and a drink and we went to the seats.* Then everyone started shouting at us, I didn't really notice it was at us at first, just seemed like angry shouting.* Then my dad got up and asked me to come with him.* I remember being upset because the ball was just about to be kicked off.* Then as we were working down the aisle to the steps I realized it was us that they were shouting at.* Next think I know someone pushed dad, then hit my drink and it spilled all over me, and my hot dog fell out of my hand and someone stepped on it.* Dad then picked me up and carried me off.* He took us too the security office and he was arguing with a man there and I remember the guy saying, "Well if you are worried about safety you shouldn't have dressed her like that.* Probably best if you go home."* Now I was wet, upset and heartbroken because I didn't get to watch the game.*

Mom though used our VCR to tape the game, so dad and I watched whn we got home, which was nice, but then they lost.

Great times.

thats a very sad story jm......hopefully you have had better experiences since

jmike
10-27-2010, 03:00 PM

Mom though used our VCR to tape the game, so dad and I watched when we got home, which was nice, but then they lost.

Great times.
well,that's the scum-sucking filthy fans for you...even messing with an 8 year old girl-but oh,so typical of them.sorry your first experience was like that,jmike.

Is life. I have learned from going to many games of many different sports in several cities that it isn't the fans as much, because there are fans like that everywhere. It is the security in Philly at all their stadiums that allow that. It isn't tolerated other places. I could bore you with other stories of how bad security is trained there and still at the Philly stadiums. But I will leave it at this, they are trained to wait until something actually happens before they do anything. They also feel it is better to remove to other team's fans then to police the behavior of their own.

jmike
10-27-2010, 03:01 PM
But for me, I have found I enjoy football more at home. Baseball and hockey I do enjoy going to the games though.

jmike
10-27-2010, 03:04 PM

Great times.

thats a very sad story jm......hopefully you have had better experiences since

Not really. I have never been to an NFL football game live and enjoyed myself. Including Giants Stadium. Had fun at some Penn State games when I was there, but I was plastered at those, wasn't really about the game.

rbcarpenter
10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
wow,jmike,did i read that right?you've never had an enjoyable experience at any nfl game anywhere?that is truly a shame.i have been to approximatley 70 games through the years,home and away,and i can honestly say that i've only not enjoyed myself twice!(and those days had nothing to do with the outcome of said games.)i really hope you can get to get to a game soon that pumps you up!

ny06
10-27-2010, 03:43 PM
everyone around here knows mine....but Ill tell it again since one of my favorite posters asked..........pretty sure me and SEC were at the same game...... it was Oct 28 1962.....I was 9 years old.....about to turn 10 in almost exactly a month..... my uncle and dad took my brother and I to Yankee Stadium for what was my first time seeing the Giants in person...... previously all I had to go by was the radio broadcast and pictures in the news paper......we didnt have a TV until around .......1964 it must have been.....one of the first things I remember watching on TV was the Beatles on Ed Sullivan......so I guess it was 64...... anyway......that day I watched YA Tittle throw 7 TD passes ......and a rabid fan was born...... I remember people around me yelling for him to throw the 8th....which he could have.........but YA and Allie being the classy guys they were.....they ran the ball to end the game...... I can see my old man..... cigarette dangling from his mouth saying.....how 'bout that kid how 'bout that!!!!! we stormed the field after the game ......as you did in those days......I remember slipping in one of the mud pits surrounding the field and losing one of my Chuck Taylors...... a day Ill never forget..... sometimes when I smell popcorn and beer its like my brain goes into a time warp back to those days.....magical times..... oh the good old Bronx and the way it was back then...... anyway ....I was immediately obsessed and havent changed one bit since.......</P>

Great story YA</P>

</P>

jmike
10-27-2010, 03:49 PM
wow,jmike,did i read that right?you've never had an enjoyable experience at any nfl game anywhere?that is truly a shame.i have been to approximatley 70 games through the years,home and away,and i can honestly say that i've only not enjoyed myself twice!(and those days had nothing to do with the outcome of said games.)i really hope you can get to get to a game soon that pumps you up!

Been to 12 games. Likely will not go to another. Turned down tickets for the last Super Bowl in fact and glad I did, would have been surrounded with Pats fans, instead of watching it with my sister. It was like the 1990 super bowl, almost felt like dad was there. She even got into the game.

SEC105
10-27-2010, 03:59 PM
http://classof65.alumni.cornell.edu/interest/images/wood1.jpg</P>

Who is this former Giant QB?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-27-2010, 04:08 PM

Been to 12 games. Likely will not go to another. Turned down tickets for the last Super Bowl in fact and glad I did, would have been surrounded with Pats fans, instead of watching it with my sister. It was like the 1990 super bowl, almost felt like dad was there. She even got into the game.
</P>

Don't let that experience at the Vet in Philly when you were a kid stop you from going to games like SB42. I was there and it's nothing like games down in the Linc. Plenty of Giant fans that day in Arizona [Feb 3 , 2008]...... Not to mention Security..... One of the Greatest Sporting events I've ever attended</P>

I've been to Eagles games at the Vet and know exactly what you are talking. As a fan of the Giants and a football fan also....the NFL really needs to look at the way opposing fans are treated. Philly fans are absolute pigs!</P>

SEC105
10-27-2010, 04:13 PM
everyone around here knows mine....but Ill tell it again since one of my favorite posters asked..........pretty sure me and SEC were at the same game...... it was Oct 28 1962.....I was 9 years old.....about to turn 10 in almost exactly a month..... my uncle and dad took my brother and I to Yankee Stadium for what was my first time seeing the Giants in person...... previously all I had to go by was the radio broadcast and pictures in the news paper......we didnt have a TV until around .......1964 it must have been.....one of the first things I remember watching on TV was the Beatles on Ed Sullivan......so I guess it was 64...... anyway......that day I watched YA Tittle throw 7 TD passes ......and a rabid fan was born...... I remember people around me yelling for him to throw the 8th....which he could have.........but YA and Allie being the classy guys they were.....they ran the ball to end the game...... I can see my old man..... cigarette dangling from his mouth saying.....how 'bout that kid how 'bout that!!!!! we stormed the field after the game ......as you did in those days......I remember slipping in one of the mud pits surrounding the field and losing one of my Chuck Taylors...... a day Ill never forget..... sometimes when I smell popcorn and beer its like my brain goes into a time warp back to those days.....magical times..... oh the good old Bronx and the way it was back then...... anyway ....I was immediately obsessed and havent changed one bit since.......</P>

Not much I can add to that post YA! Yes , I was 7 and that was thew first game my Dad took me to.....WHAT A DAY My thought was YA could do this every week and the Giants would never lose again! lol</P>

Guess that prepared me for 1964 on to always hope for the best [;)]</P>

Z</P>

jmike
10-27-2010, 04:14 PM

</p>

Don't let that experience at the Vet in Philly when you were a kid stop you from going to games like SB42. I was there and it's nothing like games down in the Linc. Plenty of Giant fans that day in Arizona [Feb 3 , 2008]...... Not to mention Security..... One of the Greatest Sporting events I've ever attended</p>

I've been to Eagles games at the Vet and know exactly what you are talking. As a fan of the Giants and a football fan also....the NFL really needs to look at the way opposing fans are treated. Philly fans are absolute pigs!</p>

It wasn't 1 experience, it was 11(at that point, been to one since). I have not enjoyed myself at any one of twelve games I have been to, at several different stadiums. I have however enjoyed myself at nearly every game I have watched at a sports bar and every game I have watched at home. Why would I spend a small mint to attend a game that I will likely not enjoy like the rest I have been to? I watched at home and could not have had a better time than I did. And I was able to see the game without the use of a telescope, which I would have needed where the seats were.

jmike
10-27-2010, 04:15 PM
everyone around here knows mine....but Ill tell it again since one of my favorite posters asked..........pretty sure me and SEC were at the same game...... it was Oct 28 1962.....I was 9 years old.....about to turn 10 in almost exactly a month..... my uncle and dad took my brother and I to Yankee Stadium for what was my first time seeing the Giants in person...... previously all I had to go by was the radio broadcast and pictures in the news paper......we didnt have a TV until around .......1964 it must have been.....one of the first things I remember watching on TV was the Beatles on Ed Sullivan......so I guess it was 64...... anyway......that day I watched YA Tittle throw 7 TD passes ......and a rabid fan was born...... I remember people around me yelling for him to throw the 8th....which he could have.........but YA and Allie being the classy guys they were.....they ran the ball to end the game...... I can see my old man..... cigarette dangling from his mouth saying.....how 'bout that kid how 'bout that!!!!! we stormed the field after the game ......as you did in those days......I remember slipping in one of the mud pits surrounding the field and losing one of my Chuck Taylors...... a day Ill never forget..... sometimes when I smell popcorn and beer its like my brain goes into a time warp back to those days.....magical times..... oh the good old Bronx and the way it was back then...... anyway ....I was immediately obsessed and havent changed one bit since.......</p>

Not much I can add to that post YA! Yes , I was 7 and that was thew first game my Dad took me to.....WHAT A DAY My thought was YA could do this every week and the Giants would never lose again! lol</p>

Guess that prepared me for 1964 on to always hope for the best [;)]</p>

Z</p>

Agreed, that sounds like a great time YA.

BigBlue518
10-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Long time reader, first time poster...</P>

My first Giantsgame was on November 19th, 1989 at Giants Stadium. The Giants beat the Seahawks 15-3. What made the experience even better was an ex-Giant took me and my dadto the game! My dad tutored Tom Longo's kid in math. Tom Longo played as a safety for the Giants from 1969 to 1970. He had season tickets and asked me to pick any game I wanted to see. I was only 8 and didn't know much about football soI picked the Seahawks game. The three of us watched the game from the Mezzanine level. I remember thinking that Tom Longo was a big dude! I've been a Giants fan ever since...</P>

SEC105
10-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Long time reader, first time poster...</P>

My first Giantsgame was on November 19th, 1989 at Giants Stadium. The Giants beat the Seahawks 15-3. What made the experience even better was an ex-Giant took me and my dadto the game! My dad tutored Tom Longo's kid in math. Tom Longo played as a safety for the Giants from 1969 to 1970. He had season tickets and asked me to pick any game I wanted to see. I was only 8 and didn't know much about football soI picked the Seahawks game. The three of us watched the game from the Mezzanine level. I remember thinking that Tom Longo was a big dude! I've been a Giants fan ever since...</P>

</P>

Welcome aboard 518.........great story.........I liked DBTom Longo...played Notre Dame if I'm not mistaken</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-27-2010, 04:41 PM

</P>

Don't let that experience at the Vet in Philly when you were a kid stop you from going to games like SB42. I was there and it's nothing like games down in the Linc. Plenty of Giant fans that day in Arizona [Feb 3 , 2008]...... Not to mention Security..... One of the Greatest Sporting events I've ever attended</P>

I've been to Eagles games at the Vet and know exactly what you are talking. As a fan of the Giants and a football fan also....the NFL really needs to look at the way opposing fans are treated. Philly fans are absolute pigs!</P>

It wasn't 1 experience, it was 11(at that point, been to one since). I have not enjoyed myself at any one of twelve games I have been to, at several different stadiums. I have however enjoyed myself at nearly every game I have watched at a sports bar and every game I have watched at home. Why would I spend a small mint to attend a game that I will likely not enjoy like the rest I have been to? I watched at home and could not have had a better time than I did. And I was able to see the game without the use of a telescope, which I would have needed where the seats were.
</P>

FWIW... if you ever get a chance to visit the New Giants stadium........make SURE the seats are in the lower level. Best buy for your buck and the seats are closer than old Giants Stadium</P>

Z</P>

jmike
10-27-2010, 05:15 PM
47 was Greg Jackson, beating out Rodney Young, Brandon Sanders, Demps and Travis Beckum

38 would be McGriggs, can't think of anyone else and he was pretty good.

New Number

51-Going with DeOssie here over Wes Mallard, Bobby Abrams, Jack Golden, Croel, Emmons and Monty. He might only be a special teams player but he is really good at what he does. Unlike the rest. Croel was good, but wasn't here long. Emmons was the poster child for mediocre. I thought Abrams was going to be great, but alas, he wasn't.

keyofgmen
10-27-2010, 05:24 PM
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>What was everyone’s first experience watching the Giants live?</P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>Feel free to go into detail, would love to hear the stories. </P>

I originally thought my mother took me to a Packer game, but years later, she reminded me it was a Cowboys game in Dec 1965. I was 6. The reason I always thought it was a Packers game was that she had this 1/2 sleeping bag thing that was Packers, and it was cold and I sat on her lap inside this thing for the game. Don't recall the game itself.

Anyway, the reason we had the Packer bag was that my Dad had a connection to the Giants starting in 1950s, as his best friend went to play for the GIANTS, and was on the 1956 Championship team. Of course, the OC was a guy named Lombardi. When he went to Packers in 1959, he gave my older brother a personal autograph and we got that sleeping bag.

Man, The early memories...I wish we still had that bag. We do have a football autographed by the whole 1956 team still.
I could go on, but......

jomo
10-27-2010, 06:07 PM
My first Giants game was a preseason game against the Eagles in the old Jaycees Classic at Princeton. It was a different time and you could get very close to the players. I was young and with my Dad. All I remember was that the players were huge to me, especially Bob Lurtsema. It must have been around 1964 or 1965??

jomo
10-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey Jmike, I am also a Nittany Lion.

jmike
10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey Jmike, I am also a Nittany Lion.

Cool, I wasn't there long though before I lost my scholarship and got booted. Got one year in, but had lots of fun for a year.

zimonami
10-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Phil Simms just rated the Giants #1 in the NFL</P>

Sapp has them 3rd</P>

zimonami
10-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this the forgotten question? I didn't see anyone answer it... I know that YA knows it's Gary Wood.</P>

zimonami
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I became a Titans fan in '59 as my sister's fiance' was an original Titan for several games. So, I was a Jets fan. In '68 my wife's aunt Jean took me to my first game... Giants against Boston Patriots in a preseason game at Yale Bowl. Nothing remarkable except I was surprised how rabid and loud the "Goodbye Allie" cries were. I had heard them on the TV, but it was really loud in person... and, the fans meant it with all their heart. </P>

I didn't like Allie either because Aunt Jean had told me some stories, straight from the player's mouths, about how much the guys didn't like him. Then fan favorite Alex Webster becomes coach and between watching games with Aunt Jean who was a walking encyclopedia on Giants and constantlyhearing herstories about the guys Iquickly became a Giant fan.</P>

Most memorable game was the fan fights at the Giants/Jets first meeting at the Yale Bowl. I've been to SBXXV and many playoff games, but that Yale Bowl fight was incredible.</P>

ny06
10-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Phil Simms just rated the Giants #1 in the NFL</P>

Sapp has them 3rd</P>

</P>

Simms is the man [Y]</P>

YATittle1962
10-27-2010, 09:31 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this the forgotten question? I didn't see anyone answer it... I know that YA knows it's Gary Wood.</P>

sure do......

I never gave him a chance.......I missed YA too much to ever want to see another guy under center......

it wasnt until Simms that I was fond of a QB again.......although I did like Tarkenton a bit

ny06
10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Great stories guys. </P>

Loved reading them all </P>

jomo
10-27-2010, 11:21 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this the forgotten question? I didn't see anyone answer it... I know that YA knows it's Gary Wood.</P> sure do...... I never gave him a chance.......I missed YA too much to ever want to see another guy under center...... it wasnt until Simms that I was fond of a QB again.......although I did like Tarkenton a bitTarkenton was productive in his own way but the supporting cast wasn't that good so he was a bit of a novelty at the end of his career. I haven't thought of Gary Wood in about 30 years. Thanks for the pic.

YATittle1962
10-27-2010, 11:56 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this the forgotten question? I didn't see anyone answer it... I know that YA knows it's Gary Wood.</P> sure do...... I never gave him a chance.......I missed YA too much to ever want to see another guy under center...... it wasnt until Simms that I was fond of a QB again.......although I did like Tarkenton a bitTarkenton was productive in his own way but the supporting cast wasn't that good so he was a bit of a novelty at the end of his career. I haven't thought of Gary Wood in about 30 years. Thanks for the pic.

who is the pro bowl LB about to plaster old Wood?

I bet he got him to.........he was a mean SOB

jmike
10-28-2010, 12:13 AM
http://classof65.alumni.cornell.edu/interest/images/wood1.jpg</p>

Who is this former Giant QB?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Is this the forgotten question? I didn't see anyone answer it... I know that YA knows it's Gary Wood.</p> sure do...... I never gave him a chance.......I missed YA too much to ever want to see another guy under center...... it wasnt until Simms that I was fond of a QB again.......although I did like Tarkenton a bitTarkenton was productive in his own way but the supporting cast wasn't that good so he was a bit of a novelty at the end of his career. I haven't thought of Gary Wood in about 30 years. Thanks for the pic.

Max Bauhan I think. If I am right it's only because I grew up surrounded by Eagles fans.

YATittle1962
10-28-2010, 10:04 AM
http://classof65.alumni.cornell.edu/interest/images/wood1.jpg</p>

Who is this former Giant QB?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Is this the forgotten question? I didn't see anyone answer it... I know that YA knows it's Gary Wood.</p> sure do...... I never gave him a chance.......I missed YA too much to ever want to see another guy under center...... it wasnt until Simms that I was fond of a QB again.......although I did like Tarkenton a bitTarkenton was productive in his own way but the supporting cast wasn't that good so he was a bit of a novelty at the end of his career. I haven't thought of Gary Wood in about 30 years. Thanks for the pic.

Max Bauhan I think.* If I am right it's only because I grew up surrounded by Eagles fans.

you are right ......nasty sucker......9 pro bowls

YATittle1962
10-28-2010, 02:26 PM
in the Giants and Seahawks very first meeting what QB did Mendenhall, Powers, and Volk pick off ?

rbcarpenter
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM
in the Giants and Seahawks very first meeting what QB did Mendenhall, Powers, and Volk pick off ?jim zorn-congrats on post # 10,000!

SEC105
10-28-2010, 03:12 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2003/0113/photo/g_krieg_i.jpg</P>

Who is this Seattle QB who replaced Jim Zorn and what HOF QB did he beat the first timeSeattle ever made the playoffs?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
10-28-2010, 03:18 PM
this is dave kreig,and the first playoff win was against the broncos,so i would have to say john"the human ken doll"elway!

SEC105
10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
this is dave kreig,and the first playoff win was against the broncos,so i would have to say john"the human ken doll"elway!
</P>

Dave Kreig is the man RBC............I remember him beating Dan Marino IN Miami early 80s. Thought that was the Seahawks first playoff game andwin. I'm I incorrect on that?</P>

Z </P>

rbcarpenter
10-28-2010, 04:06 PM
i could be wrong on part# 2,let me look!

rbcarpenter
10-28-2010, 04:08 PM
according to profootballreferance.com,in 1983,the seahawks played denver in the wildcard game,then beat miami the following week!so they beat 2 hof qb's back-to-back!

SEC105
10-28-2010, 04:24 PM
according to profootballreferance.com,in 1983,the seahawks played denver in the wildcard game,then beat miami the following week!so they beat 2 hof qb's back-to-back!
</P>

Wow......thanks for the info......beating 2 HOF QBs back to back. Always thought Zorn and DaveKreig never really got the props they should have. Very good and underatedQBs imo</P>

Back then Seattle was kind of a afterthought here on the east coast. I'd like to see Zorn get another shot at HC , think hemight have the ability to be a good one. Synder and the Redskins was a tough start for a first time Head Coach</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-28-2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d801f9767/Top-Ten-Mobile-QBs-Jim-Zorn</P>

Here's some Jim Zorn highlights from back in his NFL career heyday. Don't think QBs were sliding back in those days</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Don't think anybody mentioned this no. 38 Bob Tucker He deserves to posted about in here</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/650/slideshow_65023/display_image.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
pretty sure thats Dave Krieg

no idea who he beat in the playoffs

jomo
10-28-2010, 10:12 PM
in the Giants and Seahawks very first meeting what QB did Mendenhall, Powers, and Volk pick off ?John Mendenhall, now there was a man built to play in the middle of a defensive line. I see a surprisingly large number of Mendenhall jerseys at the games. Surprising because he's been retired for so long and wasn't a sexy hero playing with one of our great teams. Nice to see that and thanks for reminding me of him.

YATittle1962
10-29-2010, 07:02 PM
in the Giants and Seahawks very first meeting what QB did Mendenhall, Powers, and Volk pick off ?John Mendenhall, now there was a man built to play in the middle of a defensive line. I see a surprisingly large number of Mendenhall jerseys at the games. Surprising because he's been retired for so long and wasn't a sexy hero playing with one of our great teams. Nice to see that and thanks for reminding me of him.

with a gun to my head being asked to list my top five Giants.......Mendenhall would be part of that discussion

YATittle1962
10-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Don't think anybody mentioned this no. 38***** Bob Tucker*** He deserves to posted about in here</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/650/slideshow_65023/display_image.jpg</P>

Z</P>

every time I think of him......I picture him throwing himself on the ground then getting up and running his route completely alone....

he mastered that move

jmike
10-29-2010, 07:52 PM
This might be fun for some of you old guys [:P]

But since I can't quite read all the names here....who are all these guys?

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/115/311/123/ZGXd.jpg

zimonami
10-29-2010, 07:57 PM
in the Giants and Seahawks very first meeting what QB did Mendenhall, Powers, and Volk pick off ?John Mendenhall, now there was a man built to play in the middle of a defensive line. I see a surprisingly large number of Mendenhall jerseys at the games. Surprising because he's been retired for so long and wasn't a sexy hero playing with one of our great teams. Nice to see that and thanks for reminding me of him. with a gun to my head being asked to list my top five Giants.......Mendenhall would be part of that discussion</P>

You're right, YA. I don't know how you could keep him out. If you had 11 guys on defense and 11 on offense who played with as much heart as him I don't know how you could ever lose. Every game we'd be losing in the 4th quarter and the D would make a stop to give our inept O another chance, and the people would give Mendy, and others,a standing ovation fortheir efforts. He was the little train that could and just oneamong the great Giant players who I wish had a chance to play on a winner</P>

zimonami
10-29-2010, 07:57 PM
in the Giants and Seahawks very first meeting what QB did Mendenhall, Powers, and Volk pick off ?John Mendenhall, now there was a man built to play in the middle of a defensive line. I see a surprisingly large number of Mendenhall jerseys at the games. Surprising because he's been retired for so long and wasn't a sexy hero playing with one of our great teams. Nice to see that and thanks for reminding me of him. with a gun to my head being asked to list my top five Giants.......Mendenhall would be part of that discussion</P>

You're right, YA. I don't know how you could keep him out. If you had 11 guys on defense and 11 on offense who played with as much heart as him I don't know how you could ever lose. Every game we'd be losing in the 4th quarter and the D would make a stop to give our inept O another chance, and the people would give Mendy, and others,a standing ovation fortheir efforts. He was the little train that could and just oneamong the great Giant players who I wish had a chance to play on a winner</P>

zimonami
10-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Don't think anybody mentioned this no. 38 Bob Tucker He deserves to posted about in here</P>

Z</P>

every time I think of him......I picture him throwing himself on the ground then getting up and running his route completely alone.... he mastered that move</P>

hahahaha... I can see it clearly. The first time I saw it I thought it was just a one time fluke. It's not a move that garnered a name, the "Tucker", like the "Twilley' did. He got back to his feet and into his route quick, the blocked defender still on the ground, and always be wide open. </P>

Everyone knows his nameas one of the old, great Giants, butanyone who didn't see him play could neverappreciate the subtleties of his complete game.</P>

YATittle1962
10-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Don't think anybody mentioned this no. 38***** Bob Tucker*** He deserves to posted about in here</P>

Z</P>

every time I think of him......I picture him throwing himself on the ground then getting up and running his route completely alone.... he mastered that move</P>

hahahaha... I can see it clearly. The first time I saw it I thought it was just a one time fluke. It's not a move that garnered a name, the "Tucker", like the "Twilley' did. He got back to his feet and into his route quick, the blocked defender still on the ground, and always be wide open.* </P>

Everyone knows his name*as one of the old, great Giants, but*anyone who didn't see him play could never*appreciate the subtleties of his complete game.</P>

so well said Zim

YATittle1962
10-29-2010, 09:17 PM
This might be fun for some of you old guys [:P]

But since I can't quite read all the names here....who are all these guys?

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/115/311/123/ZGXd.jpg

I actually have every single one of those cards....

right off the bat I see Spider,

Spider Lockhart
Willie Young
Bob Tucker
Pat Hughes
Greg Larson
John Mendenhall
Doug Vanhorn

loved all those guys

zimonami
10-30-2010, 12:01 AM
A nice compilation of Giants history, 1925 - 1986.</P>

The Bavaro run is in it.</P>

http://www.hulu.com/watch/124087/team-highlights-giants-forever-history-of-ny-giants?team=new-york-giants</P>

rbcarpenter
10-31-2010, 05:26 PM
just finished getting a tattoo out line of the giants 1975 helmet symbol(the only year they used it)on the center of my back,courtesy of my friend karen.will post a pic when i get it colored in next week!by the way....ow!it's been 5 years since my last tat,forgot how they can sting,lol!

ny06
10-31-2010, 05:31 PM
just finished getting a tattoo out line of the giants 1975 helmet symbol(the only year they used it)on the center of my back,courtesy of my friend karen.will post a pic when i get it colored in next week!by the way....ow!it's been 5 years since my last tat,forgot how they can sting,lol!
</P>

http://i56.tinypic.com/iqld74.jpg</P>

Is that the logo?</P>

Nice [Y]</P>

YATittle1962
10-31-2010, 05:33 PM

they sure can sting rbc

these days I have less non tat flesh than tats........

a couple months ago I had my guy put the Giants ny on the side of one of the skulls in a piece I have on the inside of my left arm......

Ill post a pic soon

ny06
10-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Here is my Tattoo</P>

I want to get my arm done someday. </P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/1556k2a.jpg</P>

rbcarpenter
10-31-2010, 08:10 PM
</p>

http://i56.tinypic.com/iqld74.jpg</p>

Is that the logo?</p>

Nice [Y]</p>yes,that's the one!i got a hat off of ebay before the steelers preseaon game,and have always dug this helmet(and the blue pants).but i think my pic will be from mid-back up,as i am not NEARLY in the kind of shape you are,ny06! holy crap!

ny06
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
</P>

http://i56.tinypic.com/iqld74.jpg</P>

Is that the logo?</P>

Nice [Y]</P>

yes,that's the one!i got a hat off of ebay before the steelers preseaon game,and have always dug this helmet(and the blue pants).but i think my pic will be from mid-back up,as i am not NEARLY in the kind of shape you are,ny06! holy crap!
</P>

Thanks, what can I say I love to workout [;)]</P>

rbcarpenter
11-01-2010, 11:20 AM
i am so glad that they re-activated this.i was freaking out last night when i couldn't find it![:O]

zimonami
11-01-2010, 01:32 PM
i am so glad that they re-activated this.i was freaking out last night when i couldn't find it![:O]
</P>

Are you talking about this thread? I couldn't find it this morning... what happened?</P>

ny06
11-01-2010, 01:35 PM
</P>

Are you talking about this thread? I couldn't find it this morning... what happened?</P>

</P>

No one really knows what happened. </P>

I had no idea till YA made that thread. </P>

I am glad the thread is back up though [:D]</P>

SEC105
11-01-2010, 04:17 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

"Did You Know" thread got taken down?............and no ones why? We used to be inTAGF , now it's under entertainment. If this not TAGF....what is? lol</P>

Can anybody clue me in here?</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
</P>

Are you talking about this thread?* I couldn't find it this morning... what happened?</P>

</P>

</P>

"Did You Know" thread got taken down?............and no ones why?** We used to be in*TAGF , now it's under entertainment. If this not TAGF....what is?*** lol</P>

Z</P>

Im not sure but I think the mods needed to move it to make room for a "Bill Cower for head coach" thread.

SEC105
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

"Did You Know" thread got taken down?............and no ones why? We used to be inTAGF , now it's under entertainment. If this not TAGF....what is? lol</P>

Z</P>

Im not sure but I think the mods needed to move it to make room for a "Bill Cower for head coach" thread.</P>

lol......could be or maybe it was just a mistake. Not like we stir up controversy in this thread</P>

Just alot of great Giant history if someone likes discussing these type ofthings , this is THEE place to do it</P>

<FONT color=#000000>Z</FONT></P>

allentown PA
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
</P>

Are you talking about this thread?* I couldn't find it this morning... what happened?</P>

</P>

</P>

"Did You Know" thread got taken down?............and no ones why?** We used to be in*TAGF , now it's under entertainment. If this not TAGF....what is?*** lol</P>

Z</P>

Im not sure but I think the mods needed to move it to make room for a "Bill Cower for head coach" thread.</P>

lol......could be****** or maybe it was just a mistake. Not like we stir up controversy in this thread</P>

Just alot of great Giant history***** if someone likes discussing these type of*things , this is THEE place to do it</P>

<FONT color=#000000>Z</FONT></P>
I agree 100%...I enjoy the trivia on this thread and the discussions of some of the past giant teams and players. It's really the only thread that intrests me.

derekunion28
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
hope it gets moved back

zimonami
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM
hope it gets moved back</P>

There's the man... with his two beautiful Giant fan daughters. Good to see ya' Derek, and hope you and your girls are enjoying our season.</P>

scoopscj
11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Solution to stop clutter....

1) Step 1. All posters under 50 posts can't start a new thread.
2) Step 2. Pin the "Did you Know?:" thread to the top of TAGF
3) Step 3. Anybody who says we should sign (x player) get an instant thread deletion and a "You're an idiot" warning.
4) Step 4. All (Cut this player) threads go into the all purpose (Cut me Thread)
5) Step 5. Open bottle of wine, clink glasses, celebrate.

Simple.

Scoops

YATittle1962
11-01-2010, 09:31 PM

1) Step 1.* All posters under 50 posts can't start a new thread.
2) Step 2.* Pin the "Did you Know?:" thread to the top of TAGF
3) Step 3.* Anybody who says we should sign (x player) get an instant thread deletion and a "You're an idiot" warning.*
4) Step 4.* All (Cut this player) threads go into the all purpose (Cut me Thread)
5) Step 5.* Open bottle of wine, clink glasses, celebrate.

Simple.

Scoops

I agree fully scoops

and I apologize to anyone I annoyed by demanding our thread return.

glad she is back home.

rbcarpenter
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM

3) Step 3. Anybody who says we should sign (x player) get an instant thread deletion and a "You're an idiot" warning.
4) Step 4. All (Cut this player) threads go into the all purpose (Cut me Thread)

Simple.

Scoops

I agree fully scoops

and I apologize to anyone I annoyed by demanding our thread return.

glad she is back home.no worries,ya,i'm sure everyone understood your anguish and annoyance as much as you did![:O]

YATittle1962
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
who was the Seahawks first HC and what are his ties to our NY Giants?

Z

weinisi
11-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Many NFL jerseys are on hot selling! www.base-price.com (http://www.base-price.com)

YATittle1962
11-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Many NFL jerseys are on hot selling!** www.base-price.com (http://www.base-price.com)

please dont spam in here or anywhere on these boards

thank you

jints10
11-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Glad to see that the thing was done and this great thread was put back in its rightful place..........Long Live "Did You Know"!

rbcarpenter
11-01-2010, 11:35 PM

Zi know it was jack patera,but i have no idea what his connection to the giants is.

GIANTfaninFL
11-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Glad to see you guys back in your old spot!

Love the thread always.

Much love from FL

zimonami
11-01-2010, 11:54 PM

Simple.

Scoops

I agree fully scoops and I apologize to anyone I annoyed by demanding our thread return. glad she is back home.no worries,ya,i'm sure everyone understood your anguish and annoyance as much as you did![:O]
</P>

Gotta tell you YA, I got a lot of laughs out of it, because Ididn't see your thread until 6 pages were gone, and DYK was already restored.I saw it was missing this morning and figured someone screwed up. Then I sawtoday's threadin the afternoon and read it all. I quickly realized how ticked off you were. I knew that DYK had been saved, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how you continued your anger as none of the mods knew anything.</P>

It's funny when you have a friend that you've know for a while, and then for the first time you see him get pissed... Big Time...LOL. I had a similar thing happen to me on another board, and for a while I was truly ticked, thinking someone willfully did it, so I knew how you felt. I threw a rant similar to yours and then it suddenly returned. I realized that it was probably some glitch in the ether net cuz similar things happened to other peeps on there.</P>

I'm glad I'm your ally, YA. I know I'dfeel safe andrelaxedhaving you at my back.</P>

Now, peace out and let all that angst melt away. You knowm life is too short.</P>

:)</P>

jints10
11-02-2010, 01:05 AM
What early Seahawk RB was drafted by the Giants in the 7th round of the 1978 draft?

jints10
11-02-2010, 01:17 AM
In 1981 the Giants routed the Seahawks 32-0.........The Giants kicked many FGs that day Who was the Giants kicker? How many FGs did he have?

UK-Giantsfan
11-02-2010, 06:21 AM
good to see DYK back

( well done for the rant YA ! )

Bavaro4Prez
11-02-2010, 06:40 AM
In 1981 the Giants routed the Seahawks 32-0.........The Giants kicked many FGs that day Who was the Giants kicker? How many FGs did he have?

The kicker was Danelo....

Not sure exactly how many FG's he had in that game; if I had to guess, I'd say 6?

jints10
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM

The kicker was Danelo....

Not sure exactly how many FG's he had in that game; if I had to guess, I'd say 6?

Danelo is correct...........6 is not......he had 5

MattMeyerBud
11-02-2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mSAT7tX2Q

[:)]

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 09:36 AM

3) Step 3.* Anybody who says we should sign (x player) get an instant thread deletion and a "You're an idiot" warning.*
4) Step 4.* All (Cut this player) threads go into the all purpose (Cut me Thread)

Simple.

Scoops

I agree fully scoops and I apologize to anyone I annoyed by demanding our thread return. glad she is back home.no worries,ya,i'm sure everyone understood your anguish and annoyance as much as you did![:O]
</P>

Gotta tell you YA, I got a lot of laughs out of it, because I*didn't see your thread until 6 pages were gone, and DYK was already restored.*I saw it was missing this morning and figured someone screwed up. Then I saw*today's* thread*in the afternoon and read it all.* I quickly realized how ticked off you were. I knew that DYK had been saved, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how you continued your anger as none of the mods knew anything.</P>

It's funny when you have a friend that you've know for a while, and then for the first time you see him get pissed... Big Time...*LOL.* I had a similar thing happen to me on another board, and for a while I was truly ticked, thinking someone willfully did it, so I knew how you felt. *I threw a rant similar to yours and then it suddenly returned. I realized that it was probably some glitch in the ether net cuz similar things happened to other peeps on there.</P>

I'm glad I'm your ally, YA.* I know I'd*feel safe and*relaxed*having you at my back.</P>

Now, peace out and let all that angst melt away. You knowm life is too short.</P>

yeah zim

I dont know why I got so pissed.

I feel pretty attached to this thread.....its been like therapy to me through lots of stuff......and I know it will be gone along with eveything else on these boards when they flip to the new format.....so I really want to savor it while we can.....

and I always got your back brother

I think this one got over looked

Z

zimonami
11-02-2010, 10:46 AM
yeah zim I dont know why I got so pissed. I feel pretty attached to this thread.....its been like therapy to me through lots of stuff......and I know it will be gone along with eveything else on these boards when they flip to the new format.....so I really want to savor it while we can..... and I always got your back brother I think this one got over looked who was the Seahawks first HC and what are his ties to our NY Giants? Z</P>

That was Jack Patera. He was an assistant D coach in '68 - Allie's last season. I think he left before Allie was fired and Webster was chosen. Jack was a good player in his time, 50's and 60's.</P>

Your thread from yesterdayseems to begone... I wrote a bit at the end, pointing out how important the thread was for me. I understand your anger (why wouldn't you feel possessive and angry if they pulled your thread, which was only one of the very best of all times on these boards?) and I'm not thrilled that we're going to have to start from scratch in the new format. You'd think they could save some of the older, on-going threads thathave beenrolling along for a while. But, we'll still be here and we'll get another one rolling. Just remember, on the very first post you make when you re-start it, make a note as to exactly what date it started and how many pages it was before the changes.</P>

rbcarpenter
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
What early Seahawk RB was drafted by the Giants in the 7th round of the 1978 draft?
dan doornink...i liked him a lot!

jasonbourne
11-02-2010, 10:52 AM

Simple.

Scoops</P>

</P>

Gotta tell you YA, I got a lot of laughs out of it, because Ididn't see your thread until 6 pages were gone, and DYK was already restored.I saw it was missing this morning and figured someone screwed up. Then I sawtoday's threadin the afternoon and read it all. I quickly realized how ticked off you were. I knew that DYK had been saved, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how you continued your anger as none of the mods knew anything.</P>

It's funny when you have a friend that you've know for a while, and then for the first time you see him get pissed... Big Time...LOL. I had a similar thing happen to me on another board, and for a while I was truly ticked, thinking someone willfully did it, so I knew how you felt. I threw a rant similar to yours and then it suddenly returned. I realized that it was probably some glitch in the ether net cuz similar things happened to other peeps on there.</P>

I'm glad I'm your ally, YA. I know I'dfeel safe andrelaxedhaving you at my back.</P>

yeah zim I dont know why I got so pissed. I feel pretty attached to this thread.....its been like therapy to me through lots of stuff......and I know it will be gone along with eveything else on these boards when they flip to the new format.....so I really want to savor it while we can..... and I always got your back brother I think this one got over looked who was the Seahawks first HC and what are his ties to our NY Giants? Z</P>

Copy and paste every single page... Save it too word or something...Then when the new fourm goes up go too work and all wont be lost... It will take some time but it will work.. This is the only on going thread i like on this fourm... No disrespect to other posters with on going threads just speaking my mind...</P>

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 10:58 AM

Simple.

Scoops</P>

Copy and paste every single page save it on word or something then when the new fourms go up go to work... It will take some time but it will work... This is the only on going thread that i like here... No disrespect to other posters just speaking my mind...

</P>

Gotta tell you YA, I got a lot of laughs out of it, because I*didn't see your thread until 6 pages were gone, and DYK was already restored.*I saw it was missing this morning and figured someone screwed up. Then I saw*today's* thread*in the afternoon and read it all.* I quickly realized how ticked off you were. I knew that DYK had been saved, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how you continued your anger as none of the mods knew anything.</P>

It's funny when you have a friend that you've know for a while, and then for the first time you see him get pissed... Big Time...*LOL.* I had a similar thing happen to me on another board, and for a while I was truly ticked, thinking someone willfully did it, so I knew how you felt. *I threw a rant similar to yours and then it suddenly returned. I realized that it was probably some glitch in the ether net cuz similar things happened to other peeps on there.</P>

I'm glad I'm your ally, YA.* I know I'd*feel safe and*relaxed*having you at my back.</P>

:)</P> yeah zim I dont know why I got so pissed. I feel pretty attached to this thread.....its been like therapy to me through lots of stuff......and I know it will be gone along with eveything else on these boards when they flip to the new format.....so I really want to savor it while we can..... and I always got your back brother I think this one got over looked who was the Seahawks first HC and what are his ties to our NY Giants? Z

not sure what you did here jason......looks like you quoted a bunch of other posts and didnt add anything?

jints10
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
dan doornink...i liked him a lot!

Thats him and I liked him too good short yardage guy

jasonbourne
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM

Simple.

Scoops</P>

Copy and paste every single page save it on word or something then when the new fourms go up go to work... It will take some time but it will work... This is the only on going thread that i like here... No disrespect to other posters just speaking my mind...

</P>

yeah zim I dont know why I got so pissed. I feel pretty attached to this thread.....its been like therapy to me through lots of stuff......and I know it will be gone along with eveything else on these boards when they flip to the new format.....so I really want to savor it while we can..... and I always got your back brother I think this one got over looked who was the Seahawks first HC and what are his ties to our NY Giants? Z not sure what you did here jason......looks like you quoted a bunch of other posts and didnt add anything?</P>

This is what i said.....</P>

Copy and paste every single page... Save it too word or something...Then when the new fourm goes up go too work and all wont be lost... It will take some time but it will work.. This is the only on going thread i like on this fourm... No disrespect to other posters with on going threads just speaking my mind... Not sure why it posted that way</P>

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 11:08 AM

Simple.

Scoops</P>

</P>

yeah zim I dont know why I got so pissed. I feel pretty attached to this thread.....its been like therapy to me through lots of stuff......and I know it will be gone along with eveything else on these boards when they flip to the new format.....so I really want to savor it while we can..... and I always got your back brother I think this one got over looked who was the Seahawks first HC and what are his ties to our NY Giants? Z not sure what you did here jason......looks like you quoted a bunch of other posts and didnt add anything?</P>

This is what i said.....</P>

Copy and paste every single page... Save it too word or something...Then when the new fourm goes up go too work and all wont be lost... It will take some time but it will work.. This is the only on going thread i like on this fourm... No disrespect to other posters with on going threads just speaking my mind... Not sure why it posted that way</P>

ooohhhh......that would be a process

but could be worth it

;)

jasonbourne
11-02-2010, 11:12 AM
If you get a few of your buds you can trust it wont be that bad everyone does 50 or 100 pages

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
...oh.....and Id like to thank the Mods for straightening out yesterdays situation and being complete gentlemen through my frustration....

all of us who love this thread thank you...

so in honor of the Mods....

who was the Giant QB that played for us in 1995 whos first name was the same as the first name of one of the Mods screen names ?

and who is the Mod?

zimonami
11-02-2010, 11:19 AM

That was Jack Patera. He was an assistant D coach in '68 - Allie's last season. I think he left before Allie was fired and Webster was chosen. Jack was a good player in his time, 50's and 60's.</P>

Your thread from yesterdayseems to begone... I wrote a bit at the end, pointing out how important the thread was for me. I understand your anger (why wouldn't you feel possessive and angry if they pulled your thread, which was only one of the very best of all times on these boards?) and I'm not thrilled that we're going to have to start from scratch in the new format. You'd think they could save some of the older, on-going threads thathave beenrolling along for a while. But, we'll still be here and we'll get another one rolling. Just remember, on the very first post you make when you re-start it, make a note as to exactly what date it started and how many pages it was before the changes.</P>

</P>

Jack Patera, YA?</P>

Yesterday's thread is still alive.</P>

Roosevelt
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
...oh.....and Id like to thank the Mods for straightening out yesterdays situation and being complete gentlemen through my frustration....

all of us who love this thread thank you...

so in honor of the Mods....

who was the Giant QB that played for us in 1995 whos first name was the same as the first name of one of the Mods screen names ?

and who is the Mod?

Tommy (Maddox)

And BTW they both suck!

[;)]

Roosevelt
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
PS - Congrats on getting your thread back. [B]

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 11:41 AM

That was Jack Patera. He was an assistant D coach in '68 - Allie's last season.* I think he left before Allie was fired and Webster was chosen. Jack was a good player in his time, 50's and 60's.</P>

Your thread from yesterday*seems to be*gone... I wrote a bit at the end, pointing out how important the thread was for me. I understand your anger (why wouldn't you feel possessive and angry if they pulled your thread, which was only one of the very best of all times on these boards?) and I'm not thrilled that we're going to have to start from scratch in the new format.* You'd think they could save some of the older, on-going threads that*have been*rolling along for a while.* But, we'll still be here and we'll get another one rolling.* Just remember, on the very first post you make when you re-start it, make a note as to exactly what date it started and how many pages it was before the changes.</P>

</P>

Jack Patera, YA?</P>

Yesterday's thread is still alive.</P>

Patera it was zim

nyginpattown
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Good to see the thread back. Congrats on a well fought battle Y A.

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 12:09 PM

even though some were hating on me for making such a stink....

I fought the good fight for all of us posters

[:P]

ny06
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Name this former Giant?</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/wi2emp.jpg</P>

zimonami
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM

</P>

Dang, that looks like LT... his eyes and his mouth. When did LT sport a full beard/mustache?</P>

I was going to originally say Geortge Martin, figuring it was him during his walk-about, but it looks too much like Lawrence.</P>

ny06
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM

</P>

Dang, that looks like LT... his eyes and his mouth. When did LT sport a full beard/mustache?</P>

I was going to originally say Geortge Martin, figuring it was him during his walk-about, but it looks too much like Lawrence.</P>

</P>

It does look somewhat like LT. </P>

But it is not LT or George Martin. </P>

Good guess Zim</P>

zimonami
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM

even though some were hating on me for making such a stink....

I fought the good fight for all of us posters

</P>

If you hadn't fought the good fight, and the thread was still gone, I'd be a very unhappy guy today... and, tomorrow.</P>

Which is why you can have my back at any time, YA. (Two BBB's, back-to-back,slaying them all,unrelentlessly.That's what my wife and kids called me for years... the Bad Back Boy)</P>

zimonami
11-02-2010, 12:57 PM

</P>

</P>

Good guess Zim</P>

</P>

Bummer. Back to the drawing board. But, tell me if you agree it looks a lotlike LT.</P>

Good one, 06.</P>

ny06
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM

</P>

</P>

Good guess Zim</P>

</P>

Bummer. Back to the drawing board. But, tell me if you agree it looks a lotlike LT.</P>

Good one, 06.</P>

</P>

It does. </P>

The only thing that made me think it was not him is I have never seen a picture of LT with grey in his beard. </P>

zimonami
11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
BTW, 06... great pic, and Tat. You could use a few tats on those pythons (deja vous... Hulk Hogan)you call arms.</P>

Plus, I'm voting for YA here, and myself... You can have my back anytime, too. Think YA would agree. Actually, I'd be happy to have most of the regulars on here at my back. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the amount of fight in the dog.... like the 300 Spartans.</P>

ny06
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
BTW, 06... great pic, and Tat. You could use a few tats on those pythons (deja vous... Hulk Hogan)you call arms.</P>

Plus, I'm voting for YA here, and myself... You can have my back anytime, too. Think YA would agree. Actually, I'd be happy to have most of the regulars on here at my back. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the amount of fight in the dog.... like the 300 Spartans.</P>

</P>

Thanks man. </P>

Yeah I want to get my arms done, I want to get a sleeve for my left arm. Someday.</P>

Yeah I have you and YA, SEC, Rbc, back to the fullest...</P>

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM
BTW, 06... great pic, and Tat.* You could use a few tats on those pythons (deja vous... Hulk Hogan)*you call arms.</P>

Plus, I'm voting for YA here, and myself... You can have my back anytime, too.* Think YA would agree.* Actually, I'd be happy to have most of the regulars on here at my back.* It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the amount of fight in the dog.... like the 300 Spartans.</P>

BBB for life here zimmy.....with the scars to prove it

;)

and hell yeah...06 with those pythons .......glad he is my boy as well......

had no idea he was selling tickets to the gun show

06 I cant place that face in the pic......

thats not Dave Meggett is it?

I know he has fallen on some hard times

rbcarpenter
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Name this former Giant?</p>

http://i55.tinypic.com/wi2emp.jpg</p>

</p>

Dang, that looks like LT... his eyes and his mouth. When did LT sport a full beard/mustache?</p>

I was going to originally say Geortge Martin, figuring it was him during his walk-about, but it looks too much like Lawrence.</p>frank marion?

jmike
11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Name this former Giant?</p>

http://i55.tinypic.com/wi2emp.jpg</p>

</p>

Dang, that looks like LT... his eyes and his mouth. When did LT sport a full beard/mustache?</p>

I was going to originally say Geortge Martin, figuring it was him during his walk-about, but it looks too much like Lawrence.</p>frank marion?

Is it Bobby Johnson?

SEC105
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM

BBB for life here zimmy.....with the scars to prove it ;) and hell yeah...06 with those pythons .......glad he is my boy as well...... had no idea he was selling tickets to the gun show 06 I cant place that face in the pic...... thats not Dave Meggett is it? I know he has fallen on some hard times</P>

"BBB Brother" here for the rest of the gang [Y].....glad to see DYK is back it belongs</P>

Thanks YA and all who spoke up</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-02-2010, 04:25 PM

</P>

frank marion?

Is it Bobby Johnson?
</P>

Just guessing.....Elvis "Toast " Patterson?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-02-2010, 05:19 PM
http://cunninghamphotos.com/ProBowl0702100025.jpg</P>

Who are these Seahawks @ the Pro Bowl? The one on the right became the first everOLineman [early in his career , not this pic]for Seattle to make the the Pro Bowl</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
http://cunninghamphotos.com/ProBowl0702100025.jpg</P>

Who are these Seahawks @ the Pro Bowl? The one on the right became the first everOLineman [early in his career , not this pic]for Seattle to make the the Pro Bowl</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That's Walter Jones and Mack Strong (FB)</P>

allentown PA
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
anyone know the last time we won in seattle?? Im actually asking cause i dont know...I'm 29 and I cant think of any in my life time.

zimonami
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
anyone know the last time we won in seattle?? Im actually asking cause i dont know...I'm 29 and I cant think of any in my life time.</P>

I had to look it up... couldn't remember. 1981, 32-0.</P>

Joe Danelo kicked 6 FG's.</P>

allentown PA
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
anyone know the last time we won in seattle?? Im actually asking cause i dont know...I'm 29 and I cant think of any in my life time.</P>

I had to look it up... couldn't remember.* 1981, 32-0.</P>

Thanks man

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM

wow.....I couldnt think of it off the top of my head but as soon as I read this I remembered it ....

I know at least one of Danelos kicks was 50 plus

Ray Perkins best season

allentown PA
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

wow.....I couldnt think of it off the top of my head but as soon as I read this I remembered it ....

Ray Perkins best season
Question: why did they suck in 82...they went to the playoffs and won in 81...You would have thought that it would have lead to big things...but it wasnt until 84 where they started there run.

scoopscj
11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
And back then, in Seattle, they were in the AFC.

:)

YATittle1962
11-02-2010, 09:11 PM

Ray Perkins best season
Question: why did they suck in 82...they went to the playoffs and won in 81...You would have thought that it would have lead to big things...but it wasnt until 84 where they started there run.

'82 was the strike year........they sucked worse in '83 under Parcells

ny06
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM

</P>

great guesses by everyone.</P>

But the answer is Johnny Perkins</P>

jmike
11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
anyone know the last time we won in seattle?? Im actually asking cause i dont know...I'm 29 and I cant think of any in my life time.</p>

I had to look it up... couldn't remember. 1981, 32-0.</p>

Joe Danelo kicked 6 FG's.</p>

So they never have in my lifetime

scoopscj
11-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Ok, here is one I just thought of....

In 1990 season, the Giants defeated the Buffalo Bills in XXV. The Bills often used a no huddle offense. The Giants faced it twice in that year. Once in the regular season when Simms went down, once in the SuperBowl.

The Bills ran that offense throughout the 1990's and very few teams could beat it.

What was the nickname for the Bills no huddle offense in the 1990's?

ny06
11-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Ok, here is one I just thought of....

In 1990 season, the Giants defeated the Buffalo Bills in XXV. The Bills often used a no huddle offense. The Giants faced it twice in that year. Once in the regular season when Simms went down, once in the SuperBowl.

The Bills ran that offense throughout the 1990's and very few teams could beat it.

What was the nickname for the Bills no huddle offense in the 1990's?

</P>

K-gun?</P>

scoopscj
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, that didn't take long at all. I thought it would be obscure enough to warrant some thinking.

Nice one.

Ok, how about this one.

Name the only 2 New York Giant coaches currently in the Hall of Fame.

ny06
11-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, that didn't take long at all. I thought it would be obscure enough to warrant some thinking.

Nice one.

Ok, how about this one.

Name the only 2 New York Giant coaches currently in the Hall of Fame.

</P>

tom landry, steve owen?</P>

edit. Tom Landry was a d.c not a head-coach for the Giants.</P>

Did you just mean head-coach? or just coaching?</P>

The only one I can think of h.c is Steve Owen</P>

scoopscj
11-03-2010, 12:35 AM
head-coach

Nicks4Six
11-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Benny Friedman was inducted in '05 and Steve Owen in '66. Oddly enough, both were player-coaches together.

YATittle1962
11-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Benny Friedman was inducted in '05 and Steve Owen in '66. Oddly enough, both were player-coaches together.

nice call...

I would have never known this if I didnt look it up...

but he is right...

Benny Friedman was head coach of the NY Giants for half of the 1930 season.......right before Owens was hired......

nice job Nicks........and welcome to the thread

hope you stick around and contribute more.......we'd love to have ya....

zimonami
11-03-2010, 10:30 AM

I had to look it up... couldn't remember. 1981, 32-0.</P>

</P>

This Sunday will be the first for you.</P>

YATittle1962
11-03-2010, 10:57 AM

</P>

This Sunday will be the first for you.</P>

hell yeah zimmy!!!!

ny06
11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Who was the Giants all-time leading receiver before Tiki and Amani shattered the record?</P>

YATittle1962
11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
what NFL running back wore # 35 for the NY Giants and # 33 for the Seattle Seahawks?

Z

YATittle1962
11-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Who was the Giants all-time leading receiver before Tiki and Amani shattered the record?</P>

was it Bob Tucker?

ny06
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM

was it Bob Tucker?</P>

Good Guess but not him YA.</P>

Tucker is currently 8th</P>

rbcarpenter
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Who was the Giants all-time leading receiver before Tiki and Amani shattered the record?</p>

was it Bob Tucker?</p>

Good Guess but not him YA.</p>

Tucker is currently 8th</p>joe morrison

jmike
11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Who was the Giants all-time leading receiver before Tiki and Amani shattered the record?</p>

was it Bob Tucker?</p>

Good Guess but not him YA.</p>

Tucker is currently 8th</p>

It was Joe Morrison. Isn't Shockey like 4th or something on that list? I think Gifford is still 2nd in yards ahead of Barber though.

ny06
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM

was it Bob Tucker?</P>

Good Guess but not him YA.</P>

Tucker is currently 8th</P>

joe morrison
</P>

rbc &amp; jmike got it correct.</P>

Good job</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/xppukp.jpg</P>

ny06
11-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Name this Giant?</P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/30jp6it.jpg</P>

jmike
11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Name this Giant?</p>

http://i52.tinypic.com/30jp6it.jpg</p>

55? Must be Gary Reasons.

ny06
11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Name this Giant?</P>

55? Must be Gary Reasons.

</P>

lol</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Name this Giant?</P>

thats Ray Wietecha

one of my favorite Giants along with Joe Morrison.....

dont remember much of Ray as a player....but he is notoriously one of the greatest Giants in history

YATittle1962
11-03-2010, 10:26 PM
what NFL running back wore # 35 for the NY Giants and # 33 for the Seattle Seahawks?

Z

this one got overlooked

Sundown
11-03-2010, 10:27 PM
should i read all 500+ pages? haha jk

jmike
11-03-2010, 10:29 PM
should i read all 500+ pages? haha jk

yes

ny06
11-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Name this Giant?</P>

thats Ray Wietecha one of my favorite Giants along with Joe Morrison..... dont remember much of Ray as a player....but he is notoriously one of the greatest Giants in history</P>

correct</P>

Good Job YA</P>

rbcarpenter
11-03-2010, 11:13 PM
thought i answered this already.wasn't it dan doornink?

rbcarpenter
11-03-2010, 11:16 PM
here's an interesting fact:in 1982,doornink PUNTED once for the seahawks for 54 yards!

Nicks4Six
11-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these boards since early 2007 but under different names. I hardly ever come on here, but it's a good times when I do.

Anyways, here's my question: Name the last time the Giants had three rookie quarterbacks on their roster that the same time. Extra points if you name them.

YATittle1962
11-04-2010, 09:42 AM
thought i answered this already.wasn't it dan doornink?

nice call rbc

ny06
11-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Can you name all the players here?</P>

http://i51.tinypic.com/dhcu4z.jpg</P>

jmike
11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Can you name all the players here?</p>

http://i51.tinypic.com/dhcu4z.jpg</p>

Larry, Mo and Curly

ny06
11-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Larry, Mo and Curly
</P>

I love the 3Stooges =)</P>

</P>

zimonami
11-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these boards since early 2007 but under different names. I hardly ever come on here, but it's a good times when I do. Anyways, here's my question: Name the last time the Giants had three rookie quarterbacks on their roster that the same time. Extra points if you name them.</P>

In '92 we had Kent Graham and Dave Brown... I need to do some thinking on when we had 3 rooks</P>

rbcarpenter
11-04-2010, 04:45 PM
i would think it would have to be in the early days of the league,when player turnover was pretty high,but i have no idea when.

SEC105
11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these boards since early 2007 but under different names. I hardly ever come on here, but it's a good times when I do. Anyways, here's my question: Name the last time the Giants had three rookie quarterbacks on their roster that the same time. Extra points if you name them.</P>

In '92 we had Kent Graham and Dave Brown... I need to do some thinking on when we had 3 rooks</P>

</P>

I think Simms and Hoss were still around in 92 Z.............Thats a tough question</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-04-2010, 05:14 PM

</P>

I think I got 3</P>

43= Spider</P>

72=Jim Colvin? [same year we drafted BobLurtsema] 54= Ken Avery these two guys only played a year or 2 for the Giants</P>

</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM

</P>

I think Simms and Hoss were still around in 92 Z.............Thats a tough question</P>

Z</P>

</P>

They were... we had 4 QB's on the roster. Wow.</P>

zimonami
11-04-2010, 05:52 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

OK... how about when we had Piscarcik, Jerry Golsteyn, and Randy Dean? I think they were all rooks in the same year... which was '77</P>

Randy Dean... I believe he went to the Olympics for handball... Pretty sure we had that question on him last year.</P>

Good question, Nicks</P>

jmike
11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these boards since early 2007 but under different names. I hardly ever come on here, but it's a good times when I do. Anyways, here's my question: Name the last time the Giants had three rookie quarterbacks on their roster that the same time. Extra points if you name them.</p>

In '92 we had Kent Graham and Dave Brown... I need to do some thinking on when we had 3 rooks</p>

</p>

I think Simms and Hoss were still around in 92 Z.............Thats a tough question</p>

Z</p>

</p>

They were... we had 4 QB's on the roster. Wow.</p>

</p>

OK... how about when we had Piscarcik, Jerry Golsteyn, and Randy Dean? I think they were all rooks in the same year... which was '77</p>

Randy Dean... I believe he went to the Olympics for handball... Pretty sure we had that question on him last year.</p>

Good question, Nicks</p>

Well I looked up '77 and you are right they were the 3 rookie QBs that year, don't know if it was the last time, but I think it was.

SEC105
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

OK... how about when we had Piscarcik, Jerry Golsteyn, and Randy Dean? I think they were all rooks in the same year... which was '77</P>

Randy Dean... I believe he went to the Olympics for handball... Pretty sure we had that question on him last year.</P>

Good question, Nicks</P>

Well I looked up '77 and you are right they were the 3 rookie QBs that year, don't know if it was the last time, but I think it was.
</P>

I was away for an hour and this one was bugging me , 1977 sounds right with those 3. Piscarchik came from the CFL so he was tecnically a rookie in the NFL</P>

Z</P>

jomo
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM

http://i51.tinypic.com/dhcu4z.jpg</P>Is that the wallin Wrigley Field? I thought the Bears always played in Soldier Field.

derekunion28
11-04-2010, 07:21 PM
hey guys..... allways stalking this thread, reading, not posting, nice to see it back were it belongs

SEC105
11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
hey guys..... allways stalking this thread, reading, not posting, nice to see it back were it belongs</P>

Thanks , me too..................post a question or answer anytime. As you know theres no bashing other posters for not being sure of a question? We all learn new stuff on this thread</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Is that the wallin Wrigley Field? I thought the Bears always played in Soldier Field.</P>

Yes they did Jomo. Matter of fact Wrigley Field hosted more NFL games than other stadium at one point....right before the Bears moved to Soilder Field around 1970. Which leads me to this question..........What NFL Stadium hosted the most NFL games surpassing Wrigley Field?</P>

Z</P>

jmike
11-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Which season did the Giants suffer a 7 game losing streak and still managed to finish over .500?

ny06
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM

</P>

I think I got 3</P>

43= Spider</P>

72=Jim Colvin? [same year we drafted BobLurtsema] 54= Ken Avery these two guys only played a year or 2 for the Giants</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good job SEC</P>

Do you know who # 52 is?</P>

ny06
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM

Is that the wallin Wrigley Field? I thought the Bears always played in Soldier Field.</P>

Yes they did Jomo. Matter of fact Wrigley Field hosted more NFL games than other stadium at one point....right before the Bears moved to Soilder Field around 1970. Which leads me to this question..........What NFL Stadium hosted the most NFL games surpassing Wrigley Field?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Polo Grounds?</P>

rbcarpenter
11-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Which season did the Giants suffer a 7 game losing streak and still managed to finish over .500?
1994.started off with 3 wins,lost 7,then won 6.

zimonami
11-05-2010, 12:40 AM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Good question, Nicks</P>

</P>

In '76 when the new stadium opened we had Norm Snead and Craig Morton. Norm retired after '76 and Morton went to Denver, so we had the 3 rooks. They were futile years for our O.</P>

jmike
11-05-2010, 08:23 AM
1994.started off with 3 wins,lost 7,then won 6.

Good job sir.

Did you during that 7 game losing streak they only lost by more than a touchdown in 2 of those games?

They lost in order:

Saints 27-22
Vikings 27-10
Rams 17-10
Steelers 10-6
Lions 28-25
Cowboys 38-10
Cardinals 10-9

The average difference in score for that entire season was only 6.5 points and that includes a 28 and a 17 point loss take those two out and it was only 4.2 points. Still were outscored on the season 305-279.

jints10
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Can you name all the players here?</p>

http://i51.tinypic.com/dhcu4z.jpg</p>

Is that the wallin Wrigley Field? I thought the Bears always played in Soldier Field.</p>

Yes they did Jomo. Matter of fact Wrigley Field hosted more NFL games than other stadium at one point....right before the Bears moved to Soilder Field around 1970. Which leads me to this question..........What NFL Stadium hosted the most NFL games surpassing Wrigley Field?</p>

Z</p>
Lambeau (sp) Field? Oh its a trick question Giants Stadium hosted both the Giants and the Jets!

Nicks4Six
11-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these boards since early 2007 but under different names. I hardly ever come on here, but it's a good times when I do. Anyways, here's my question: Name the last time the Giants had three rookie quarterbacks on their roster that the same time. Extra points if you name them.</p>

In '92 we had Kent Graham and Dave Brown...* I need to do some thinking on when we had 3 rooks</p>

</p>

I think Simms and Hoss were still around in 92 Z.............Thats a tough question</p>

Z</p>

</p>

</p>

OK... how about when we had Piscarcik, Jerry Golsteyn, and Randy Dean?* I think they were all rooks in the same year... which was '77</p>

Randy Dean... I believe he went to the Olympics for handball... Pretty sure we had that question on him last year.</p>

Good question, Nicks</p>

That's correct!

Here's my next question: When was the last and only time the Giants held opponents to just three touchdowns all season?

jmike
11-05-2010, 09:31 AM

In '92 we had Kent Graham and Dave Brown... I need to do some thinking on when we had 3 rooks</p>

</p>

Z</p>

</p>

</p>

OK... how about when we had Piscarcik, Jerry Golsteyn, and Randy Dean? I think they were all rooks in the same year... which was '77</p>

Good question, Nicks</p>

That's correct!

Here's my next question: When was the last and only time the Giants held opponents to just three touchdowns all season?

Had to be forever ago, so I have no clue. Do you know the last time the Giants defense was ranked 1st in points allowed?

ny06
11-05-2010, 09:37 AM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Good question, Nicks</P>

That's correct! Here's my next question: When was the last and only time the Giants held opponents to just three touchdowns all season?

Had to be forever ago, so I have no clue. Do you know the last time the Giants defense was ranked 1st in points allowed?
</P>

I think the last time the Giants defense was ranked #1 in points was dan reeves first season. </P>

That was LT, and Simms last season. </P>

That was one of my favorite teams. </P>

jmike
11-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Well done....1993.

When were they last ranked 1st in yards?

And when was the Giants offense last ranked 1st?

rbcarpenter
11-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Well done....1993.

When were they last ranked 1st in yards?

And when was the Giants offense last ranked 1st?
1959 for 1st in yards,and at a guess i would say either 62 or 63 for the # 1 offense....ah the y.a. tittle years!

jmike
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes and yes

1959 for D

1963 they ranked 1st in both yards and points scored

scoopscj
11-05-2010, 04:23 PM
In 1965 with the first overall pick, the New York Giants selected Tucker Fredrickson who went on to be a very good player for us.

The Bears held the 3rd and 4th picks overall. Name both hall of fame players they drafted in those positions.

I know, pretty easy question, but still I thought fun.

PS. JMIKE... like the avatar. :)

Scoops

SEC105
11-05-2010, 05:03 PM
In 1965 with the first overall pick, the New York Giants selected Tucker Fredrickson who went on to be a very good player for us.

The Bears held the 3rd and 4th picks overall. Name both hall of fame players they drafted in those positions.

I know, pretty easy question, but still I thought fun.

PS. JMIKE... like the avatar. :)

Scoops

</P>

Great question Scoops.....would it be these 2fellas [:D]</P>

http://product.images.prosportsmemorabilia.com/33-40/33-40100-F.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-05-2010, 05:05 PM

Z</P>

Lambeau (sp) Field? Oh its a trick question Giants Stadium hosted both the Giants and the Jets!
</P>

Giants Stadium it was Jints.....although I didn't think it was trick question[;)]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM

</P>

I think I got 3</P>

43= Spider</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good job SEC</P>

</P>

I do know who 52 [didn't see hisno. clearly enough] is..........when I was a little kid he handed me his chinstrap after a game down on the Yankee Stadium field LBer Bill Swain needless to say he was a favorite of mine for the few years he played with the Giants</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
quick random question....Does anyone know if the giants had jesse Armstead as a safety in his rookie season?

YATittle1962
11-05-2010, 05:55 PM
quick random question....Does anyone know if the giants had jesse Armstead as a safety in his rookie season?

I have no recollection of him at safety....

doesnt mean it didnt happen........I just have no knowledge of it

anyone?

rbcarpenter
11-05-2010, 06:09 PM

I have no recollection of him at safety....

doesnt mean it didnt happen........I just have no knowledge of it

anyone?i don't think they did,they toyed with the idea,but it never came about.

YATittle1962
11-05-2010, 06:27 PM
in honor of # 3 on the top 100 list......

on my 36th birthday Lawrence Taylor played that notorious game with one shoulder strapped in place.......

how many sacks did he have that night ?

.....and how many forced fumbles?

scoopscj
11-05-2010, 06:30 PM
in honor of # 3 on the top 100 list......

on my 36th birthday Lawrence Taylor played that notorious game with one shoulder strapped in place.......

how many sacks did he have that night ?

.....and how many forced fumbles?

4 sacks, 2 ff?

Were FF counted as sacks then?

Been a looooong time.

rbcarpenter
11-05-2010, 06:59 PM
i think it was 3 and 3.

zimonami
11-05-2010, 08:06 PM
The number 12 sticks in my brain for tackles for LT. </P>

That was an incredible performanceby LT that evening. Only others I remember that were that gutsy... Emmitt when he played the 2nd half of the playoff game against us with a dislocated shoulder, and Jack Youngblood/Rams playing a playoff game with a broken ?fibia?... some leg bone.</P>

YATittle1962
11-05-2010, 08:16 PM
i think it was 3 and 3.

Im actually not completely sure on this but from memory I thought 3 sacks 2 forced fumbles....

can anyone check that?

is it checkable?

;)

jmike
11-05-2010, 08:48 PM

Never happened

ny06
11-05-2010, 09:10 PM

</P>

I think I got 3</P>

43= Spider</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good job SEC</P>

</P>

I do know who 52 [didn't see hisno. clearly enough] is..........when I was a little kid he handed me his chinstrap after a game down on the Yankee Stadium field LBer Bill Swain needless to say he was a favorite of mine for the few years he played with the Giants</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Correct, good job SEC</P>

That's awesome he gave you his chinstrap.</P>

Do you still have it?</P>

YATittle1962
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
double

YATittle1962
11-06-2010, 03:11 PM
i think it was 3 and 3.

Im actually not completely sure on this but from memory I thought 3 sacks 2 forced fumbles....

can anyone check that?

is it checkable?

;)

anyone?

allentown PA
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
i think it was 3 and 3.

I looked it up...he had 7 tackles 3 sacks and 2 FF

can anyone check that?

is it checkable?

;)

anyone?

allentown PA
11-06-2010, 03:17 PM
7 tackles 3 sacks and 2FF

YATittle1962
11-06-2010, 04:55 PM

unbelievable performance by LT in that game

allentown PA
11-06-2010, 05:05 PM

unbelievable performance by LT in that game

I remember that the saints had a very good core of backers with swilling, mills and jackson...and LT proved once again in that game how he was still the best in the league.

Here's a question LT was the mvp of the league in 1986, was there ever another defensive player to be named league MVP...and who was it???

zimonami
11-06-2010, 05:50 PM
7 tackles 3 sacks and 2FF unbelievable performance by LT in that game I remember that the saints had a very good core of backers with swilling, mills and jackson...and LT proved once again in that game how he was still the best in the league. Here's a question LT was the mvp of the league in 1986, was there ever another defensive player to be named league MVP...and who was it???</P>

Alan Paige, Minnesota, won the MVP... he was the first defensive player to win. He was phenomenal.</P>

LT was the second.</P>

There hasn't been a 3rd.</P>

Besides LT, who is the only other Giant to ever win an MVP (a certain regular on here is banned from answering this)</P>

allentown PA
11-06-2010, 05:57 PM
7 tackles 3 sacks and 2FF unbelievable performance by LT in that game I remember that the saints had a very good core of backers with swilling, mills and jackson...and LT proved once again in that game how he was still the best in the league. Here's a question LT was the mvp of the league in 1986, was there ever another defensive player to be named league MVP...and who was it???</P>

Alan Paige, Minnesota, won the MVP... he was the first defensive player to win. He was phenomenal.</P>

LT was the second.</P>

Besides LT, who is the only other Giant to ever win an MVP (a certain regular on here is banned from answering this)</P>

YA or frank gifford???

keyofgmen
11-06-2010, 06:21 PM

LT was the second.</P>

YA or frank gifford???

Of course, the clue was too much, but yup...Y.A. Tittle 1961 and 1963 was MVP

keyofgmen
11-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Speaking of Tittle...

How many years was he on the HOF ballot before being elected?

zimonami
11-06-2010, 07:26 PM

LT was the second.</P>

YA or frank gifford??? Of course, the clue was too much, but yup...Y.A. Tittle 1961 and 1963 was MVP</P>

Yup, Tittle. Didn't mean to give a clue, but wanted anyone but YA to answer. </P>

firstgamein49
11-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Gifford won the first MVP award given after his year in '56. He's the only guy I've ever heard of that was all pro at 3 different positions.

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Gifford won the first MVP award given after his year in '56. He's the only guy I've ever heard of that was all pro at 3 different positions.

I could be wrong but wasnt Sammy Baugh.......?

QB, punter, safety

rbcarpenter
11-07-2010, 10:18 AM
yes he was...technically,so was ronie lott,cb,ss,fs.

jomo
11-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I could be wrong but wasnt Sammy Baugh.......? QB, punter, safetyCheck with Bill Parcells YA, punters may not qualify as "players". [:D]

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I could be wrong but wasnt Sammy Baugh.......? QB, punter, safetyCheck with Bill Parcells YA, punters may not qualify as "players". [:D]

hahahahahaa.....true.....

I cant wait for that Parcells special on the 19th..........that guy spit diamonds every time he was mic'd up

keyofgmen
11-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

Edit: or maybe he was first ballot.......dont you have to be retired 5 years to be eligible ?

jmike
11-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

I haven't the foggiest idea, so I'm not going to guess.

keyofgmen
11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

Edit: or maybe he was first ballot.......dont you have to be retired 5 years to be eligible ?

He got in in his second year (1971) He was finalist in his 1st year (1970).

His class was pretty good, others included:

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

thats a thick class........

jmike
11-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

Tittle was always a borderline Hall of Famer anyway. Lucky he got in.

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

Tittle was always a borderline Hall of Famer anyway.* Lucky he got in.

borderline?

16 seasons
7 time probowler
3 time all pro
NFL MVP
owned a number of passing records at one time

you trying to light my fire today?

one of the greatest field generals of all time....

remember guys called their own plays back then

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
awfully quiet in Seattle....... huh gentlemen

jmike
11-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

borderline?

16 seasons
7 time probowler
3 time all pro
NFL MVP

Yes, but he played with no heart.

scoopscj
11-07-2010, 10:11 PM
awfully quiet in Seattle....... huh gentlemen[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

GIANTfaninFL
11-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

borderline?

16 seasons
7 time probowler
3 time all pro
NFL MVP

No, you must be kidding

ny06
11-07-2010, 10:13 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff>Giant </FONT><FONT color=#000000>win in Seattle</FONT></P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/2sbr98p.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

borderline?

16 seasons
7 time probowler
3 time all pro
NFL MVP

with all the respect in the world my dear dear friend jmike........

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.......

but I still love you

jmike
11-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

borderline?

16 seasons
7 time probowler
3 time all pro
NFL MVP

but I still love you

You do realize I am kidding

YATittle1962
11-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Speaking of Tittle...

No takers?

was it 2 years key?

V Lombardi
J Brown
A Robustelli
N Van Brocklin
B Hewitt
F (bruiser) Kinard

borderline?

16 seasons
7 time probowler
3 time all pro
NFL MVP

but I still love you

I sure was hoping

;)

scoopscj
11-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Did You Know....... that the last time the Giants won a SuperBowl Kiwi was on IR....

So this means since he is on IR we win the SB this year. My logic is flawless.

Scoops

PS. Don't mind me, I'm still high on today's game. Only high on happiness, not drugs. FYI.

allentown PA
11-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Did You Know....... that the last time the Giants won a SuperBowl Kiwi was on IR....

So this means since he is on IR we win the SB this year.** My logic is flawless.

Scoops

PS.* Don't mind me, I'm still high on today's game.* Only high on happiness, not drugs.* FYI.

The giants are my drug...and last week I went through withdrawl...What a way to come back off the bye, I hope we dont' have a let down against Dallas.

zimonami
11-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Speaking of Tittle... How many years was he on the HOF ballot before being elected? No takers? was it 2 years key? Edit: or maybe he was first ballot.......dont you have to be retired 5 years to be eligible ? He got in in his second year (1971) He was finalist in his 1st year (1970). His class was pretty good, others included: V Lombardi J Brown A Robustelli N Van Brocklin B Hewitt F (bruiser) Kinard thats a thick class........

borderline? 16 seasons 7 time probowler 3 time all pro NFL MVP owned a number of passing records at one time you trying to light my fire today? one of the greatest field generals of all time.... remember guys called their own plays back then

with all the respect in the world my dear dear friend jmike........ you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....... but I still love you

</P>

I knew you were kidding, and it made me smile because you didn't use red and I knew you were pushing YA's buttons.</P>

YA - jmike has always been forthright about not knowing a thing about the older players... if she says YA played with no heart she had to be kidding, and goading... it's out of character for her to say something like that about someonbe she never saw play.</P>

Besides, you only had to see a few old time pics of YA to realize he'd bleed his heart out for the Gmen</P>

YATittle1962
11-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Speaking of Tittle... How many years was he on the HOF ballot before being elected? No takers? was it 2 years key? Edit: or maybe he was first ballot.......dont you have to be retired 5 years to be eligible ? He got in in his second year (1971) He was finalist in his 1st year (1970). His class was pretty good, others included: V Lombardi J Brown A Robustelli N Van Brocklin B Hewitt F (bruiser) Kinard thats a thick class........

borderline? 16 seasons 7 time probowler 3 time all pro NFL MVP owned a number of passing records at one time you trying to light my fire today? one of the greatest field generals of all time.... remember guys called their own plays back then

with all the respect in the world my dear dear friend jmike........ you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....... but I still love you

</P>

I knew you were kidding, and it made me smile because you didn't use red and I knew you were pushing YA's buttons.</P>

YA - jmike has always been forthright about not knowing a thing about the older players... if she says YA played with no heart she had to be kidding, and goading... it's out of character for her to say something like that about someonbe she never saw play.</P>

Besides, you only had to see a few old time pics of YA to realize he'd bleed his heart out for the Gmen</P>

deep down I knew she was playing.......but I cant help my defenses sometimes......

I was thinking about it.......and I cant remember any players not playing their hearts out back then......

it was very rare to see guys take plays off or not have their whole heart in it....

even those terrible Giants teams........those guys fought every week like they were playing for a playoff spot......

I dont think that laziness started until the big money late 80s and 90s....

zimonami
11-08-2010, 10:54 AM

So this means since he is on IR we win the SB this year. My logic is flawless.

Scoops

PS. Don't mind me, I'm still high on today's game. Only high on happiness, not drugs. FYI.

</P>

I hate that Kiwi is out... he looked like he was going to have a great season.</P>

But, I love your logic, scoops, and will hold on to it until proven otherwise.</P>

Nicks4Six
11-08-2010, 12:42 PM
As for my unanswered question of when the Giants allowed only three touchdowns all season:</P>

The years was 1927 and the Giants went 11-1-1, tying the Cleveland Bulldogs 0-0 and then losing to them later on 6-0. At one point they pitched five consecutive shutouts and totaled nine on the year. Over the entire season the Giants scored 197 points and allowed 20. The team was led in scoring by fullback Jack McBride who scored 57 points, with six rushing touchdowns, two field goals and 15 extra points.</P>

zimonami
11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
As for my unanswered question of when the Giants allowed only three touchdowns all season:</P>

The years was 1927 and the Giants went 11-1-1, tying the Cleveland Bulldogs 0-0 and then losing to them later on 6-0. At one point they pitched five consecutive shutouts and totaled nine on the year. Over the entire season the Giants scored 197 points and allowed 20. The team was led in scoring by fullback Jack McBride who scored 57 points, with six rushing touchdowns, two field goals and 15 extra points.</P>

</P>

good question, Nicks. I didn't have a clue and then forgot the question. You won't find too many on here that will know about anything in the 20's.... we're not that old...lol</P>

zimonami
11-08-2010, 12:56 PM

</P>

deep down I knew she was playing.......but I cant help my defenses sometimes...... I was thinking about it.......and I cant remember any players not playing their hearts out back then...... it was very rare to see guys take plays off or not have their whole heart in it.... even those terrible Giants teams........those guys fought every week like they were playing for a playoff spot...... I dont think that laziness started until the big money late 80s and 90s....</P>

I've mentioned many times how the fans cheered for the defense's efforts, even in those bad years. The offense was, for too many years, terrible. But, you're right YA, there was still 100% effort. I think of a guy like Doug Van Horn who never smelled a playoff game (I think)... but he was always 100% effort. Seemed our O line was always outmanned by about 20 pounds each. We didn't have the beef.</P>

Back then you heard guys say how they didn't want to get injured cuz the coach would find out his replacement was just as good. You had to have the effort back in those days or you'd be gone. Today, with the $$ tied to contracts and the teams not wanting to lose their investment you have to tolerate a Haynesworth that takes off plays here and there... or a Randy Moss walking through a pass route because he doesn't think it's coming to him.</P>

YATittle1962
11-08-2010, 01:08 PM

</P>

good question, Nicks. I didn't have a clue and then forgot the question.* You won't find too many on here that will know about anything in the 20's.... we're not that old...lol</P>

I would have never known that.....

good question N4S

zimmy was around for those leather helmet games.....not me

;)

zimonami
11-08-2010, 02:14 PM

</P>

good question, Nicks. I didn't have a clue and then forgot the question. You won't find too many on here that will know about anything in the 20's.... we're not that old...lol</P>

I would have never known that..... good question N4S zimmy was around for those leather helmet games.....not me ;)</P>

lol... YA strikes back! Way to go, YA. I've had fun jabbing at you a few times on here, and you are always the consummate gentleman and never retaliate. It's about time!</P>

Contrary to YA's blatant attempt to besmirch my age, I am not ancient... just well-worn.</P>

Watched my first Giant game in '58</P>

</P>

</P>

SEC105
11-08-2010, 04:15 PM
<SPAN class=body><FONT size=2 face=Verdana>"Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control."</FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=body><FONT size=2 face=Verdana>Guess which former NFLHC said this</FONT></SPAN>.........he was not a Giant HC but he did coach for us</P>

Z
</P>

SEC105
11-08-2010, 04:18 PM

</P>

I think I got 3</P>

43= Spider</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good job SEC</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Correct, good job SEC</P>

That's awesome he gave you his chinstrap.</P>

Do you still have it?</P>

</P>

Thanks NY06......I was never very good at saving stuff [tickets , football cards etc.] but I think that may be in the attic somewhere</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
who do you guys consider the best DB in giants history???

jmike
11-08-2010, 07:19 PM
As for my unanswered question of when the Giants allowed only three touchdowns all season:</p>

The years was 1927 and the Giants went 11-1-1, tying the Cleveland Bulldogs 0-0 and then losing to them later on 6-0. At one point they pitched five consecutive shutouts and totaled nine on the year. Over the entire season the Giants scored 197 points and allowed 20. The team was led in scoring by fullback Jack McBride who scored 57 points, with six rushing touchdowns, two field goals and 15 extra points.</p>

</p>

good question, Nicks. I didn't have a clue and then forgot the question. You won't find too many on here that will know about anything in the 20's.... we're not that old...lol</p>

Maybe, but you are close. [:P]

jmike
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM

For me I'd say Mark Collins.

zimonami
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM

For me I'd say Mark Collins.
</P>

Spider is a Giant legend... but, I'm gonna agree with jmike on this. Mark Collins was great for us.</P>

</P>

</P>

zimonami
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM

</P>

Maybe, but you are close. [:P]
</P>

Ooooooooooooooooooohhh.</P>

I resemble that remark.</P>

A bad day for garnering any respect. First YA... now jmike. It's a conspiracy against us older fans.</P>

ny06
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
who do you guys consider the best DB in giants history???</P>

Mark Collins now. </P>

Corey Webster by the time he calls it a career. </P>

YATittle1962
11-08-2010, 09:40 PM

in Giants history? Em Tunnell

best Ive seen play.......D. Lynch, Mark Haynes, Jason Sehorn, Phillippe Sparks, or Mark Collins

you pick

ny06
11-08-2010, 09:57 PM
who do you guys consider the best DB in giants history??? in Giants history? Em Tunnell best Ive seen play.......D. Lynch, Mark Haynes, Jason Sehorn, Phillippe Sparks, or Mark Collins you pick</P>

agree 100%</P>

YATittle1962
11-09-2010, 09:44 AM
in the Giants first home game vs. the Cowboys at Giants Stadium.......which happened to be the first game ever at Giants Stadium.......each team had 5 players with rushing attempts.

how many can you name?

Z