PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

SEC105
12-02-2010, 04:37 PM
What Washington Redskin said this quote to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor when he got sloshed at a State House dinner in Washington D. C.?</P>

"Loosen up Sandy baby....you're too tight" something along those lines lol</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
What Washington Redskin said this quote to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor when he got sloshed at a State House dinner in Washington D. C.?</p>

"Loosen up Sandy baby....you're too tight" something along those lines lol</p>

Z</p>RIGGO!

SEC105
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
What Washington Redskin said this quote to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor when he got sloshed at a State House dinner in Washington D. C.?</P>

"Loosen up Sandy baby....you're too tight" something along those lines.....and thenwent face first into a plate of spagetti if I remember correctly lol</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
i think right after thtat he passed out in a drunken stupor under a buffet table.[:D]

rbcarpenter
12-02-2010, 04:41 PM
either/or.

jints10
12-02-2010, 04:43 PM

"Loosen up Sandy baby....you're too tight" something along those lines.....and thenwent face first into a plate of spagetti if I remember correctly lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

rbcarpenter
12-02-2010, 04:47 PM
has anyone here seen his cable tv show? i have nearly soiled my undies listening to this nut!

SEC105
12-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

</P>

OLd "Riggo" was one of a kind........on the field and off [&lt;:o)] lol</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8bRalUM5RQc/S_LHtyKcqSI/AAAAAAAADiQ/0p3xYPWKV9A/s1600/riggins2.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jomo
12-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8bRalUM5RQc/S_LHtyKcqSI/AAAAAAAADiQ/0p3xYPWKV9A/s1600/riggins2.jpg</P>

Z</P>That was a classic line to a supreme court justice and that is also a classic 'fro!

zimonami
12-02-2010, 07:44 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

</P>

Z</P>

That was a classic line to a supreme court justice and that is also a classic 'fro!</P>

You have to have a sprinkling of 'different' people, like Riggins, or there isn't any fun in life.</P>

Can anyone tell me if they can remember a more successful 2nd string QB than Hoss? We were a well oiled machine that year. Hoss came in and the vet players around him weren't going to let him fail.</P>

YATittle1962
12-02-2010, 10:28 PM

"Loosen up Sandy baby....you're too tight"*** something along those lines*.....and then*went face first into a plate of spagetti if I remember correctly** lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

</P>

OLd "Riggo" was one of a kind........on the field and off [<:o)]**** lol</P>

Z</P>

That was a classic line to a supreme court justice and that is also a classic 'fro!</P>

You have to have a sprinkling of 'different' people, like Riggins, or there isn't any fun in life.</P>

Can anyone tell me if they can remember a more successful 2nd string QB than Hoss?* We were a well oiled machine that year. Hoss came in and the vet players around him weren't going to let him fail.</P>

to be honest Zim.....I dont think we win that SB game with Simms in there.....

Hoss' legs bought us so many first downs on that playoff run that I couldnt see Simms making.......

allentown PA
12-02-2010, 10:33 PM

"Loosen up Sandy baby....you're too tight"*** something along those lines*.....and then*went face first into a plate of spagetti if I remember correctly** lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Can anyone tell me if they can remember a more successful 2nd string QB than Hoss?* We were a well oiled machine that year. Hoss came in and the vet players around him weren't going to let him fail.</P>

to be honest Zim.....I dont think we win that SB game with Simms in there.....

Hoss' legs bought us so many first downs on that playoff run that I couldnt see Simms making.......

I hate to agree because I loved simms but your right...I think we would have still beaten the bears, dont' know if we get past the niners with simms.

zimonami
12-03-2010, 01:01 AM

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Can anyone tell me if they can remember a more successful 2nd string QB than Hoss? We were a well oiled machine that year. Hoss came in and the vet players around him weren't going to let him fail.</P>

to be honest Zim.....I dont think we win that SB game with Simms in there..... Hoss' legs bought us so many first downs on that playoff run that I couldnt see Simms making....... I hate to agree because I loved simms but your right...I think we would have still beaten the bears, dont' know if we get past the niners with simms.</P>

I really have thought about this, because I was always a Simms supporter. I think we win with either of them. Again, it was a complete team effort. Great defense, great offensive line, OJ at RB, vets on both sides of the ball. If Simms is healthy we still win,. just differently. You can't disregard Hoss' ability to scramble and all the times he kept drives alive. But, Simms, instead of scrambling, would have hung in there until the last second and found a way to complete a pass.just before getting crushed. </P>

It was destiny, and it was great to follow.</P>

allentown PA
12-03-2010, 01:05 AM

Z</P>

</P>

Lol John Riggins</P>

</P>

Z</P>

to be honest Zim.....I dont think we win that SB game with Simms in there..... Hoss' legs bought us so many first downs on that playoff run that I couldnt see Simms making....... I hate to agree because I loved simms but your right...I think we would have still beaten the bears, dont' know if we get past the niners with simms.</P>

I really have thought about this, because I was always a Simms supporter. I think we win with either of them.* Again, it was a complete team effort. Great defense, great offensive line, OJ at RB, vets on both sides of the ball. If Simms is healthy we still win,. just differently. You can't disregard Hoss' ability to scramble and all the times he kept drives alive. But, Simms, instead of scrambling, would have hung in there until the last second and found a way to complete a pass.just before getting crushed. </P>

good point...I like to think that too...I''m just glad we won.

here is a question do you guys think we would have beaten chicago in 86 if they had beaten washington. I kind of wished we would have played them to get revenge for the year earlier.

rbcarpenter
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM
What Washington Redskin said this quote to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor when he got sloshed at a State House dinner in Washington D. C.?</p>

"Loosen up Sandy baby....you're too tight" something along those lines.....and thenwent face first into a plate of spagetti if I remember correctly lol</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Lol John Riggins</p>

</p>

OLd "Riggo" was one of a kind........on the field and off [&lt;:o)] lol</p>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8bRalUM5RQc/S_LHtyKcqSI/AAAAAAAADiQ/0p3xYPWKV9A/s1600/riggins2.jpg</p>

Z</p>

That was a classic line to a supreme court justice and that is also a classic 'fro!</p>

You have to have a sprinkling of 'different' people, like Riggins, or there isn't any fun in life.</p>

Can anyone tell me if they can remember a more successful 2nd string QB than Hoss? We were a well oiled machine that year. Hoss came in and the vet players around him weren't going to let him fail.</p>

to be honest Zim.....I dont think we win that SB game with Simms in there..... Hoss' legs bought us so many first downs on that playoff run that I couldnt see Simms making....... I hate to agree because I loved simms but your right...I think we would have still beaten the bears, dont' know if we get past the niners with simms.</p>

I really have thought about this, because I was always a Simms supporter. I think we win with either of them. Again, it was a complete team effort. Great defense, great offensive line, OJ at RB, vets on both sides of the ball. If Simms is healthy we still win,. just differently. You can't disregard Hoss' ability to scramble and all the times he kept drives alive. But, Simms, instead of scrambling, would have hung in there until the last second and found a way to complete a pass.just before getting crushed. </p>

It was destiny, and it was great to follow.</p>

good point...I like to think that too...I''m just glad we won.

here is a question do you guys think we would have beaten chicago in 86 if they had beaten washington. I kind of wished we would have played them to get revenge for the year earlier.we would have CRUSHED them.buddy ryan was gone,the seeds of dissent and fat catiness had been sown in the off season.bears,in the meadowlands?we would have beaten them 17-0,or worse....probably worse.

zimonami
12-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I really have thought about this, because I was always a Simms supporter. I think we win with either of them. Again, it was a complete team effort. Great defense, great offensive line, OJ at RB, vets on both sides of the ball. If Simms is healthy we still win,. just differently. You can't disregard Hoss' ability to scramble and all the times he kept drives alive. But, Simms, instead of scrambling, would have hung in there until the last second and found a way to complete a pass.just before getting crushed. </P>

good point...I like to think that too...I''m just glad we won. here is a question do you guys think we would have beaten chicago in 86 if they had beaten washington. I kind of wished we would have played them to get revenge for the year earlier.we would have CRUSHED them.buddy ryan was gone,the seeds of dissent and fat catiness had been sown in the off season.bears,in the meadowlands?we would have beaten them 17-0,or worse....probably worse.
</P>

We would have crushed Chicago in '86. My only 2 regrets that year were that we didn't get the chance for revenge against Chicago after they whupped us in '85, and that Rob Carpenter wasn't there to enjoy the ride to the SB after helping to bring our Offense back to respectability</P>

YATittle1962
12-03-2010, 01:32 PM
I really have thought about this, because I was always a Simms supporter. I think we win with either of them.* Again, it was a complete team effort. Great defense, great offensive line, OJ at RB, vets on both sides of the ball. If Simms is healthy we still win,. just differently. You can't disregard Hoss' ability to scramble and all the times he kept drives alive. But, Simms, instead of scrambling, would have hung in there until the last second and found a way to complete a pass.just before getting crushed. </P>

good point...I like to think that too...I''m just glad we won. here is a question do you guys think we would have beaten chicago in 86 if they had beaten washington. I kind of wished we would have played them to get revenge for the year earlier.we would have CRUSHED them.buddy ryan was gone,the seeds of dissent and fat catiness had been sown in the off season.bears,in the meadowlands?we would have beaten them 17-0,or worse....probably worse.
</P>

We would have crushed Chicago in '86. My only 2 regrets that year were that we didn't get the chance for revenge against Chicago after they whupped us in '85, and that Rob Carpenter wasn't there to enjoy the ride to the SB after helping to bring our Offense back to respectability</P>

I always wished Carpenter was along for that ride in 86..........he so deserved it

rbcarpenter
12-04-2010, 01:59 AM
kudos,zim,ya...you see what it says at the bottom of every post i put up.besides drafting taylor that year,imho,the biggest move that got the team rolling was trading for carpenter..broke my heart when we traded him to the rams.

btw,i will be wearing my carpenter jersey when i go to the game this weekend-i will be taking a lot of pix and videos,and will post them here as soon as i ca.

koncretekid
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
kudos,zim,ya...you see what it says at the bottom of every post i put up.besides drafting taylor that year,imho,the biggest move that got the team rolling was trading for carpenter..broke my heart when we traded him to the rams.

btw,i will be wearing my carpenter jersey when i go to the game this weekend-i will be taking a lot of pix and videos,and will post them here as soon as i ca.

morris and carpenter sounds like a good one two punch to me.

zimonami
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM

morris and carpenter sounds like a good one two punch to me.</P>

Welcome, koncrete... you must be an ex-wrestler??</P>

zimonami
12-04-2010, 03:41 PM

</P>

kk... But, that's Northampton, not Easton.</P>

koncretekid
12-04-2010, 03:56 PM

</P>

I live in Easton now but yea your right about the wrestling though...I see your from Jim Thorpe, I've been to the old jail musuem several times, it's pretty cool, btw I'm not so new to these boards or this thread.

YATittle1962
12-04-2010, 05:54 PM

</P>

I live in Easton now but yea your right about the wrestling though...I see your from Jim Thorpe, I've been to the old jail musuem several times, it's pretty cool, btw I'm not so new to these boards or this thread.

no?

who are you?.....or used to be?....or......you know what i mean

koncretekid
12-04-2010, 07:49 PM

</P>

no?

who are you?.....or used to be?....or......you know what i mean
Allentown PA was my last name, I hope i dont get banned again for telling you that....lol

but back to football what game that you attended live was the coldest?? for me it was a christmas eve game against the saints or that panther game for home field in 08.

zimonami
12-04-2010, 08:51 PM

</P>

I live in Easton now but yea your right about the wrestling though...I see your from Jim Thorpe, I've been to the old jail musuem several times, it's pretty cool, btw I'm not so new to these boards or this thread. no? who are you?.....or used to be?....or......you know what i mean Allentown PA was my last name, I hope i dont get banned again for telling you that....lol but back to football what game that you attended live was the coldest?? for me it was a christmas eve game against the saints or that panther game for home field in 08.</P>

Glad I know who you are... I would have missed Allentown... he was becoming a good regular... so, we'll switch gears.</P>

I always had a bad back and dressed with layer after layer... 2 pairs of socks, long johns, etc., so I honestly never was too cold... so, I can't remember ever being cold in the stadium. I'll bet YA will have one.</P>

YATittle1962
12-04-2010, 09:16 PM

</P>

I live in Easton now but yea your right about the wrestling though...I see your from Jim Thorpe, I've been to the old jail musuem several times, it's pretty cool, btw I'm not so new to these boards or this thread. no? who are you?.....or used to be?....or......you know what i mean Allentown PA was my last name, I hope i dont get banned again for telling you that....lol but back to football what game that you attended live was the coldest?? for me it was a christmas eve game against the saints or that panther game for home field in 08.</P>

Glad I know who you are... I would have missed Allentown... he was becoming a good regular... so, we'll switch gears.</P>

I always had a bad back and dressed with layer after layer... 2 pairs of socks, long johns, etc., so I honestly never was too cold... so, I can't remember ever being cold in the stadium. I'll bet YA will have one.</P>

there was a game in 1978 that I stupidly wore a baseball cap to and still have damage to my ears from the wind whipping til this day......kinda like a burn....

it was against the Cardinals.......I dont remember the score but I know we shut them out.....

I usually have a few beers and dont feel much cold.....but that afternoon i fealt it and always remembered it.....

the Carolina game was very cold as well....

zimonami
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
In the 2009 preseason YA pointed out how impressed he was with Hagan.</P>

Great game for him today. We have some nice depth at WR.</P>

koncretekid
12-05-2010, 04:31 PM

I agree zim hagan played well...I also think devin thomas played well on special teams..and Jpp is the real deal.

zimonami
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM

I agree zim hagan played well...I also think devin thomas played well on special teams..and Jpp is the real deal.</P>

yeah, Thomas was a good pickup... nice effort on the blocked punt. I couldn't believe the size of JPP's arms when they showed him sitting on the bench. The man is built.</P>

I surely have a terrible memory but on the INT by Eli, I said that I thought it was the worst pass he ever threw as a Giant. It had zero chance with 3 guys around Boss. I love Eli, but he has some DUH moments every game.</P>

YATittle1962
12-05-2010, 06:37 PM

glad someone remembered........

you make me look good Zim....

;)

zimonami
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM

glad someone remembered........ you make me look good Zim.... ;)</P>

Just telling it like it was... remember all that talk about who our receivers would be? And, you kept mentioning Hagan deserving a spot. I never would have known a thing about him if you hadn't pointed him out. He's done a great job for us and should surely take Barden's spot for the rest of the year. </P>

Next year will be scary when Cruz returns, Hagan, Barden (he looks slow to me... maybe cuz of his size), Manningham, Smith, Nicks. Hixon will be back. Calhoun probably gone.</P>

Gotta also point out how nicely they're using Pascoe.</P>

This can be a scary good team, in all 3 facets. Now, don't shoot yourselves in the foot.</P>

Giants/Jets in the SB, in Dallas. Eat it, Jerry</P>

rbcarpenter
12-05-2010, 09:40 PM
just wanted to let everyone know thay me,along with my friends karen and starr had an incredible experience at the game today-mezz seats,10 rows in front of the touchdown club,AND they threw in on field passes for all 3 of us as well!!!lots of pics to post soon,along with my tat.oh,and i bumped into some big dude on the sidelines...it was roger freaking goodell!!!

YATittle1962
12-05-2010, 10:08 PM

glad someone remembered........ you make me look good Zim.... ;)</P>

Just telling it like it was... remember all that talk about who our receivers would be? And, you kept mentioning Hagan deserving a spot. I never would have known a thing about him if you hadn't pointed him out.* He's done a great job for us and should surely take Barden's spot for the rest of the year.* </P>

Next year will be scary when Cruz returns, Hagan, Barden (he looks slow to me... maybe cuz of his size), Manningham, Smith, Nicks. Hixon will be back. Calhoun probably gone.</P>

Gotta also point out how nicely they're using Pascoe.</P>

This can be a scary good team, in all 3 facets.* Now, don't shoot yourselves in the foot.</P>

Giants/Jets in the SB, in Dallas.* Eat it, Jerry</P>

agreed

Pascoe chipping the slipping out into a route is a sweet release valve for Eli.....

....and rbc....looking forward to those pics

rbcarpenter
12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
oh...and unlike the pitt game this past summer,i must have gotten FIFTY positive comments on my # 26 blue carpenter jersey,one guy even walked up and shook my hand,and asked me where i got it,ect,ect----pics will be up before the end of the week!

zimonami
12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
oh...and unlike the pitt game this past summer,i must have gotten FIFTY positive comments on my # 26 blue carpenter jersey,one guy even walked up and shook my hand,and asked me where i got it,ect,ect----pics will be up before the end of the week!
</P>

Good stuff on those tix, rbc... A nice experience for ya'. looking forward to the pix... and say Hey to Karen for me.</P>

scoopscj
12-06-2010, 12:53 AM
I believe I, COUGH.. spoke highly of Hagen in training camp this year. COUGH!

It's nice to see him get a chance.

These next 4 weeks are going to be insane. Some poor team is going to be 10 or 11 wins in the NFC and not make the playoffs.

We better get in. I think our road is the toughest.

Scoops

koncretekid
12-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I believe I, COUGH.. spoke highly of Hagen in training camp this year.* COUGH!

It's nice to see him get a chance.*

These next 4 weeks are going to be insane.* Some poor team is going to be 10 or 11 wins in the NFC and not make the playoffs.*

We better get in.* I think our road is the toughest.

Scoops

agreed

There is a chance we could lose all four games but the most important thing to me as a fan is that the giants have given us another season where they are playing important games down the stretch. They seem to do that every year with TC it's all you can really ask for as a fan. I do think with if we get healthy the sky is the limit for us.

zimonami
12-06-2010, 01:51 AM
I believe I, COUGH.. spoke highly of Hagen in training camp this year. COUGH!

It's nice to see him get a chance.

These next 4 weeks are going to be insane. Some poor team is going to be 10 or 11 wins in the NFC and not make the playoffs.

We better get in. I think our road is the toughest.

Scoops

</P>

Anyone got some Robitussin for Scoops? He has a bad cough.</P>

lol... WTG, Scoops. Yes, it is nice to see, and it points out how crazy our depth is there.</P>

No cupcakes in our final 4 games. The tensionis mounting.</P>

YATittle1962
12-06-2010, 08:52 AM
the last time the Giants had 4 rushing TDs in a game....Tiki Barber had 2......

what RB had the other 2?

jmike
12-06-2010, 09:01 AM
It was Mike Cloud of course....

http://image38.webshots.com/39/7/75/64/279977564xLFnUs_fs.jpg

ny06
12-06-2010, 09:01 AM
the last time the Giants had 4 rushing TDs in a game....Tiki Barber had 2...... what RB had the other 2?</P>

Was it Ron Dayne?</P>

YATittle1962
12-06-2010, 09:05 AM
the last time the Giants had 4 rushing TDs in a game....Tiki Barber had 2...... what RB had the other 2?</P>

Was it Ron Dayne?</P>

wasnt Dayne

ny06
12-06-2010, 09:06 AM

Was it Ron Dayne?</P>

wasnt Dayne</P>

Should of figured it wasn't Dayne lol</P>

jmike
12-06-2010, 09:08 AM
the last time the Giants had 4 rushing TDs in a game....Tiki Barber had 2...... what RB had the other 2?</p>

Was it Ron Dayne?</p>

wasnt Dayne

Ummm.....you can stop guessing now, I already answered it...jeez. [:p]

jmike
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
See..........

YATittle1962
12-06-2010, 09:19 AM

wow didnt even see that jm

nice call

koncretekid
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
I hope someone didn't ask this one already but here it is..... What year was the last time the Giants won double digit games and still did not make the playoffs?

rbcarpenter
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
i think it was 1988.

koncretekid
12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
i think it was 1988.

yup...the jets beat us the last game of the season to keep us out.

rbcarpenter
12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
hey guys,the pic that is my avatar for right now is me,my friend karen(whom some of you have met before),and my friend starr on the sideline before the game sunday...just off to our left was the instant replay camera and cowl!

zimonami
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
hey guys,the pic that is my avatar for right now is me,my friend karen(whom some of you have met before),and my friend starr on the sideline before the game sunday...just off to our left was the instant replay camera and cowl!
</P>

good stuff, rbc. Just wish you could make those Avi's bigger so you can tell who you are.</P>

Got the stuff for the playoff tix today. Let's hope we make it.</P>

rbcarpenter
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
</p>

good stuff, rbc. Just wish you could make those Avi's bigger so you can tell who you are.</p>

Got the stuff for the playoff tix today. Let's hope we make it.</p>sorry,not very proficient on that kind of stuff yet,but i'm working on it!(i'm the one with the beard,on the left,lol!)

zimonami
12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
</P>

good stuff, rbc. Just wish you could make those Avi's bigger so you can tell who you are.</P>

Got the stuff for the playoff tix today. Let's hope we make it.</P>

sorry,not very proficient on that kind of stuff yet,but i'm working on it!(i'm the one with the beard,on the left,lol!)
</P>

Nothing you can do, rbc. Can't make it bigger. Yeah, I recognized the beard and the Carpenter shirt.</P>

SEC105
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
</P>

Hey RBC.............how did you enjoy those Club Seats? and where were they in the stadium?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-07-2010, 03:58 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Pk49mVrUKD0/R7elr6apKlI/AAAAAAAAA3I/VidliYMQqek/s1600/Ice%2BBowl%2B255.jpg</P>

R.I.P. to "Dandy Don Meredith"....a good man on and off the field </P>

Guess which game this is he played in?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
</p>

Hey RBC.............how did you enjoy those Club Seats? and where were they in the stadium?</p>

Z</p>the seats were in sec 215,row 5,seats 9,10,and 11,about 10 rows in front of the touchdown club,on the giants side of the field,on the 40 yard line.great seats!....and i had to love the surprise on-field passes for before the game![&lt;:o)]

SEC105
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
</P>

Hey RBC.............how did you enjoy those Club Seats? and where were they in the stadium?</P>

Z</P>

the seats were in sec 215,row 5,seats 9,10,and 11,about 10 rows in front of the touchdown club,on the giants side of the field,on the 40 yard line.great seats!....and i had to love the surprise on-field passes for before the game![&lt;:o)]
</P>

Sounds great........you guys must have loved it! Did you giveEli a few tips on how to handle the wind in the new place while you were on the field [;)]</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
</p>

Hey RBC.............how did you enjoy those Club Seats? and where were they in the stadium?</p>

Z</p>

the seats were in sec 215,row 5,seats 9,10,and 11,about 10 rows in front of the touchdown club,on the giants side of the field,on the 40 yard line.great seats!....and i had to love the surprise on-field passes for before the game![&lt;:o)]

</p>

Sounds great........you guys must have loved it! Did you giveEli a few tips on how to handle the wind in the new place while you were on the field [;)]</p>

Z</p>no,we were actually on the skins side of the field,and they wouldn't let us around to the giants side.my friend starr was loving it though,she's the one in the skins gear in the pic....hey,sec 105,could you p.m. me some instuctions to help me post these pics?(NOT as an avatar).i can't find the instructions on here anywhere![:@]

koncretekid
12-07-2010, 07:05 PM

nice pic...that must have been cool as **** to be on the field.

zimonami
12-07-2010, 07:27 PM
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Sounds great........you guys must have loved it! Did you giveEli a few tips on how to handle the wind in the new place while you were on the field [;)]</P>

Z</P>

no,we were actually on the skins side of the field,and they wouldn't let us around to the giants side.my friend starr was loving it though,she's the one in the skins gear in the pic....hey,sec 105,could you p.m. me some instuctions to help me post these pics?(NOT as an avatar).i can't find the instructions on here anywhere![:@]
</P>

If you can do that, SEC, I'd also like to know how you did it. I took rbc's pic and made it bigger, hoping to post it as a sig.,and the distortion was really bad... wasn't worth it... low mp's.If you can take that pic and enlarge it to be clear, I'm interested to know how.</P>

YATittle1962
12-07-2010, 09:05 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Pk49mVrUKD0/R7elr6apKlI/AAAAAAAAA3I/VidliYMQqek/s1600/Ice%2BBowl%2B255.jpg</P>

R.I.P.** to "Dandy Don Meredith"....a good man on and off the field** </P>

Z</P>

gotta be the ice bowl

ny06
12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I have a question for everyone </P>

Name your favorite Giant team?</P>

Mine is the 1990 team.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM

*</P>

I have a soft spot for the 1970 team.....

they were the first team with a winning record since '63

Webster had that bunch of scrubs playing hard as hell

ny06
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM

</P>

I have a soft spot for the 1970 team..... they were the first team with a winning record since '63 Webster had that bunch of scrubs playing hard as hell</P>

I would of thought you would have said the '62 team</P>

YATittle1962
12-07-2010, 10:22 PM

*</P>

I have a soft spot for the 1970 team..... they were the first team with a winning record since '63 Webster had that bunch of scrubs playing hard as hell</P>

loved them to.......but '70 was the first bit of relief I felt as a fan since the '63 loss......

it was like a lesser version of finally getting to a Superbowl

having a winning record was like a championship at that point......

:)

ny06
12-07-2010, 10:30 PM

</P>

loved them to.......but '70 was the first bit of relief I felt as a fan since the '63 loss...... it was like a lesser version of finally getting to a Superbowl having a winning record was like a championship at that point...... :)</P>

Cool</P>

You have been to a ton of games, were you at the 1981 game against the Cowboys where the Giants won in ot? That win got them in the playoffs</P>

YATittle1962
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM

*</P>

loved them to.......but '70 was the first bit of relief I felt as a fan since the '63 loss...... it was like a lesser version of finally getting to a Superbowl having a winning record was like a championship at that point...... :)</P>

Cool</P>

You have been to a ton of games, were you at the 1981 game against the Cowboys where the Giants won in ot? That win got them in the playoffs</P>

absolutely I was there!!!!!!

amazing game!!!!

I have only missed a hand full of home games since 1973.........and 3 of them were for the birth of my children

;)

and this year was the first time in 30 that I missed our game in Philly.

rbcarpenter
12-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I have a question for everyone </p>

Name your favorite Giant team?</p>

Mine is the 1990 team.</p>

</p>

I have a soft spot for the 1970 team..... they were the first team with a winning record since '63 Webster had that bunch of scrubs playing hard as hell</p>

I would of thought you would have said the '62 team</p>

loved them to.......but '70 was the first bit of relief I felt as a fan since the '63 loss...... it was like a lesser version of finally getting to a Superbowl having a winning record was like a championship at that point...... :)</p>

Cool</p>

You have been to a ton of games, were you at the 1981 game against the Cowboys where the Giants won in ot? That win got them in the playoffs</p>my favorite would have to be split between 1981 and 1997-both teams were picked for last in the division,and both made the playoffs(81-first time in 18 years,97-winning the division).both teams fielded killer d's,81 d 3rd overall(but with the last ranked offense,they were probably the best that year),and the 97 version being a freaking turnover producing machine.both teams did what they did with back-ups at qb(brunner in for simms,kannell in for brown).so,overall,a lot of similarities.of course,1981 also brought in my namesake,lol!

i know i was at that game...i was 14,it was the 7th game i ever attended,i thought i was going to go deaf...the only thing it could compare to was the nfc championship games we played at home(from what i've heard),buti didn't attend either of them.

YATittle1962
12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I'd love to hear what zim and SEC fav teams were.........

wheres my boys?

jmike
12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
This was hard for me. The most recent Super Bowl team was great and the was the best run ever. But the 1990 team was probably my favorite. It is really the earliest team I really remember well and the memories of watching games with my dad that season are some of the best. I still think I can name every player on that team and their number right off the top of my head.

zimonami
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd love to hear what zim and SEC fav teams were......... wheres my boys?</P>

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' gamewith my son. How could I think of them?</P>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missedseveral games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly. Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson... for some reason this team stuck with me.</P>

ny06
12-08-2010, 10:44 AM

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' gamewith my son. How could I think of them?</P>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missedseveral games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly. Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson... for some reason this team stuck with me.</P>

</P>

Good stuff as always Zim [Y]</P>

ny06
12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
This was hard for me. The most recent Super Bowl team was great and the was the best run ever. But the 1990 team was probably my favorite. It is really the earliest team I really remember well and the memories of watching games with my dad that season are some of the best.<FONT color=#0000ff> I still think I can name every player on that team and their number right off the top of my head.
</FONT></P>

Same here [:D]</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I have a soft spot for the '93 team. LT &amp; Simms' last year, Strahan's first, Rodney Hampton in his prime, still enough left of the Parcells team to do some damange, fought for the division title on the last game of the year against the Cows.

But yeah the '90 team had character and grit, which is what makes me love the Giants.

ny06
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a soft spot for the '93 team. LT &amp; Simms' last year, Strahan's first, Rodney Hampton in his prime, still enough left of the Parcells team to do some damange, fought for the division title on the last game of the year against the Cows.
</P>

I loved that team. </P>

Our linebackers were ferocious.</P>

LT, bailey, Brooks, Miller</P>

jmike
12-08-2010, 11:19 AM
This was hard for me. The most recent Super Bowl team was great and the was the best run ever. But the 1990 team was probably my favorite. It is really the earliest team I really remember well and the memories of watching games with my dad that season are some of the best.<font color="#0000ff"> I still think I can name every player on that team and their number right off the top of my head.
</font></p>

Same here [:D]</p>

Ok challenge [:D]

Who wore 84 &amp; 95?

ny06
12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
This was hard for me. The most recent Super Bowl team was great and the was the best run ever. But the 1990 team was probably my favorite. It is really the earliest team I really remember well and the memories of watching games with my dad that season are some of the best.<FONT color=#0000ff> I still think I can name every player on that team and their number right off the top of my head.
</FONT></P>

Who wore 84 &amp; 95?
</P>

lol those 2 I can't think off the top of my head. </P>

jmike
12-08-2010, 11:26 AM
This was hard for me. The most recent Super Bowl team was great and the was the best run ever. But the 1990 team was probably my favorite. It is really the earliest team I really remember well and the memories of watching games with my dad that season are some of the best.<font color="#0000ff"> I still think I can name every player on that team and their number right off the top of my head.
</font></p>

Who wore 84 &amp; 95?
</p>

lol those 2 I can't think off the top of my head. </p>

Troy Kyles and Kent Wells.

ny06
12-08-2010, 11:27 AM
</FONT></P>

Who wore 84 &amp; 95?
</P>

</P>

Can you name all the Giant probowlers that season?</P>

YATittle1962
12-08-2010, 12:18 PM

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' game*with my son. How could I think of them?</P>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missed*several games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly.* Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson...* for some reason this team stuck with me.</P>

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

....and most fans dont see it this way......but that Pisarcik play was one of the best things to ever happen to this organization....as you have stated here many times

zimonami
12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
</P>

I loved that team. </P>

Our linebackers were ferocious.</P>

LT, bailey, Brooks, Miller</P>

</P>

Yeah, I guess it's all in your perspective, SZJ... Because it was Simms and LT's last year I don't think of that team with a smile... just sadness... so sorry to see them go. Having watched LT all those years it was also hard to recognize that he wasn't his old, dominating self... but, as I said at the time, even though he is a shadow of his better years, he is still in the top 50%, or better, of all LB's in the NFL.</P>

rbcarpenter
12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd love to hear what zim and SEC fav teams were......... wheres my boys?</p>

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' gamewith my son. How could I think of them?</p>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missedseveral games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly. Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson... for some reason this team stuck with me.</p>

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

....and most fans dont see it this way......but that Pisarcik play was one of the best things to ever happen to this organization....as you have stated here many timescan we all imagine what the last 32 years would have been like WITHOUT that play?(shudder!)

zimonami
12-08-2010, 12:32 PM
As usual, the current topic has found me doing more reading about the NFL in the war years. here's something for DYK that I didn't know before...</P>

What happened in the war years with The Eagles and the Steelers?</P>

YATittle1962
12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
As usual, the current topic has found me doing more reading about the NFL in the war years.* here's something for DYK that I didn't know before...</P>

What happened in the war years with The Eagles and the Steelers?</P>

didnt they become one team or something like that?

I think thats when Allie Sherman was on the team

jmike
12-08-2010, 01:55 PM
</font></p>

Who wore 84 &amp; 95?
</p>

</p>

Can you name all the Giant probowlers that season?</p>

I don't care about the pro bowl, so I don't know, but I will guess Bart Oates.

rbcarpenter
12-08-2010, 03:32 PM
</font></p>

Who wore 84 &amp; 95?
</p>

</p>

Can you name all the Giant probowlers that season?</p>

i think renya thompson made it as the special teammer...

SEC105
12-08-2010, 04:24 PM
That's a hard question on my "favorite" Giant team. Got a special place for so many ofem. Even though the 60's, 70's and on into the early 80'swere hard to bear sometimes I still had players and plays that willalways stay with me. 85 through the 90s....The Dream had come true......TWICE!!!</P>

I guess for me it all goes back to the beginning [almost] as far as I was concerned.....1963</P>

Till this day all those playersnumbers still resonant through my head</P>

14 16 20 22 29 40 66 70 79 81.....could go on but you get the drift</P>

My Dad had taken me to the preseason luncheon in the city late summer of that year....walking up to the table and having the all the players greet and say hello......well.....you can imagine</P>

Being a little kid and seeing these Giant Legends up close and personal is just something that stays with ya....at least for me</P>

Every season is an adventure butit all starts somewhere and 63 was it for me</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-08-2010, 04:29 PM
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

no,we were actually on the skins side of the field,and they wouldn't let us around to the giants side.my friend starr was loving it though,she's the one in the skins gear in the pic....hey,sec 105,could you p.m. me some instuctions to help me post these pics?(NOT as an avatar).i can't find the instructions on here anywhere![:@]
</P>

If you can do that, SEC, I'd also like to know how you did it. I took rbc's pic and made it bigger, hoping to post it as a sig.,and the distortion was really bad... wasn't worth it... low mp's.If you can take that pic and enlarge it to be clear, I'm interested to know how.</P>

</P>

I had the "how to's" on pics under favorites.....just went for it and says "not found" I'll see if I can recover it and post it or pm it to you</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-08-2010, 04:36 PM

R.I.P. to "Dandy Don Meredith"....a good man on and off the field </P>

Z</P>

gotta be the ice bowl</P>

It was and Dandy Don came sssoooooo close to winning it!</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
12-08-2010, 06:39 PM
during world war two,the talent pool was apparently so thin that pittsburgh and philly combined to become the pitsadelphia steagles...no joke,i swear!

zimonami
12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
during world war two,the talent pool was apparently so thin that pittsburgh and philly combined to become the pitsadelphia steagles...no joke,i swear!
</P>

Yup... you and YA got it... the Steagles. Uggh. I didn't think I knew that until I read wiki and they mentioned Steagles... I do remember hearing that name before.</P>

I'll always be mad that Pitt went to the AFC. It should have been Philly, Pitt, Washington and the Giants in 1 division. We had a great rivalry with Pit for a while, and they and Philly are naturally anti-magnetic. Instead, they continued to grace us with the Cowboys.</P>

rbcarpenter
12-08-2010, 07:30 PM
</p>

Yup... you and YA got it... the Steagles. Uggh. I didn't think I knew that until I read wiki and they mentioned Steagles... I do remember hearing that name before.</p>

I'll always be mad that Pitt went to the AFC. It should have been Philly, Pitt, Washington and the Giants in 1 division. We had a great rivalry with Pit for a while, and they and Philly are naturally anti-magnetic. Instead, they continued to grace us with the Cowboys.</p>agreed,but it still would have pretty bad there for a while,it wouldn't have mattered if it was dal or pit kicking us around from about 72 to 83.but it would be great to have pit in our division now!that old original team rivalry...

ny06
12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
</FONT></P>

Who wore 84 &amp; 95?
</P>

</P>

Can you name all the Giant probowlers that season?</P>

i think renya thompson made it as the special teammer...
</P>

You and jmike are correct. </P>

Here are the rest</P>

LT, Sean Landeta, Pepper, Erik Howard, William Roberts</P>

ny06
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
That's a hard question on my "favorite" Giant team. Got a special place for so many ofem. Even though the 60's, 70's and on into the early 80'swere hard to bear sometimes I still had players and plays that willalways stay with me. 85 through the 90s....The Dream had come true......TWICE!!!</P>

I guess for me it all goes back to the beginning [almost] as far as I was concerned.....1963</P>

My Dad had taken me to the preseason luncheon in the city late summer of that year....walking up to the table and having the all the players greet and say hello......well.....you can imagine</P>

Being a little kid and seeing these Giant Legends up close and personal is just something that stays with ya....at least for me</P>

Every season is an adventure butit all starts somewhere and 63 was it for me</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff SEC</P>

SEC105
12-09-2010, 04:21 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff SEC</P>

</P>

Thanks NY06 From todays paper...on this date in 1986 we beat the Vikings @ Giants Stadium 23-15 A Giant RB reached anNFL milestone though he only gained 26 yards in the game with 2 TDs Who was it and what was the milestone?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
12-09-2010, 04:27 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff SEC</P>

</P>

Thanks NY06 From todays paper...on this date in 1986 we beat the Vikings @ Giants Stadium 23-15 A Giant RB reached anNFL milestone though he only gained 26 yards in the game with 2 TDs Who was it and what was the milestone?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I'll take a guess at this</P>

I don't know the milestone, but I think it was OJ Anderson</P>

SEC105
12-09-2010, 04:33 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Good stuff SEC</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I'll take a guess at this</P>

I don't know the milestone, but I think it was OJ Anderson</P>

</P>

http://oz.plymouth.edu/~bpbeaudrie/oj1.jpg</P>

It was OJ good call He became only the 8th player in NFL history to do this on that day</P>

Hope that helps on the milestone part</P>

Z</P>

jmike
12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Reach 10,000 yards rushing?

SEC105
12-09-2010, 09:19 PM
</P>

Good call JMike......thats it and a correction onmy part the year was 1990 so just about 2 months later he became SB 25 MVP after hitting the 10,000 yard mark amazing season for "old" [only getting better]Otis Anderson!</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-10-2010, 12:44 AM
</P>

Good call JMike......thats it and a correction onmy part the year was 1990 so just about 2 months later he became SB 25 MVP after hitting the 10,000 yard mark amazing season for "old" [only getting better]Otis Anderson!</P>

Z</P>

</P>

OJ was a premier backin the NFL with the Cardinalsand when he came to the Giants he never showed one second of ego, just doing whatever was asked. If he was on the field he performed. Need a block, he never missed his assignment. If he was on the sidelines, he was supportive. He was a perfect fit to round out our needs... an unselfish, veteraninfluence forthe team.</P>

rbcarpenter
12-10-2010, 09:23 AM
</p>

Good call JMike......thats it and a correction onmy part the year was 1990 so just about 2 months later he became SB 25 MVP after hitting the 10,000 yard mark amazing season for "old" [only getting better]Otis Anderson!</p>

Z</p>i was just ready to say in 86 they played the vikes in minny,the famous 4th and 17 game.yeah,oj was something...talk about coincidences!i just bought (10 minutes ago)a super bowl xxv anderson jersey off of ebay!

zimonami
12-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Ok, an easy one...</P>

Who is the only Giant rookie defender in franchise history to record 2 plus sacks in consecutive games?</P>

YATittle1962
12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Ok, an easy one...</P>

Who is the only Giant rookie defender in franchise history to record 2 plus sacks in consecutive games?</P>

is that our own JPP?

zimonami
12-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok, an easy one...</P>

is that our own JPP?</P>

Natch. JPP. A toughie... you probably had to think for at least one nanosecond for that answer.</P>

So, I'll ask a tougher one... what is JPP's Mom's name/</P>

lol... I don't know either... just thought I'd ask a toughie.</P>

The person who answers that looked it up, for sure.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
12-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Ok, an easy one...</P>

is that our own JPP?</P>

Natch.* JPP.* A toughie... you probably had to think for at least one nanosecond for that answer.</P>

So, I'll ask a tougher one... what is JPP's Mom's name/</P>

lol... I don't know either... just thought I'd ask a toughie.</P>

The person who answers that looked it up, for sure.</P>

*</P>

Mrs. Pierre-Paul without a doubt

rbcarpenter
12-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Ok, an easy one...</p>

Who is the only Giant rookie defender in franchise history to record 2 plus sacks in consecutive games?</p>

is that our own JPP?</p>

Natch. JPP. A toughie... you probably had to think for at least one nanosecond for that answer.</p>

So, I'll ask a tougher one... what is JPP's Mom's name/</p>

lol... I don't know either... just thought I'd ask a toughie.</p>

The person who answers that looked it up, for sure.</p>

</p>

Mrs. Pierre-Paul without a doubtand THAT'S why this is a 5 star thread!!![:P][;)][&lt;:o)]

rbcarpenter
12-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Ok, an easy one...</p>

Who is the only Giant rookie defender in franchise history to record 2 plus sacks in consecutive games?</p>

is that our own JPP?</p>

Natch. JPP. A toughie... you probably had to think for at least one nanosecond for that answer.</p>

So, I'll ask a tougher one... what is JPP's Mom's name/</p>

lol... I don't know either... just thought I'd ask a toughie.</p>

The person who answers that looked it up, for sure.</p>

</p>

Mrs. Pierre-Paul without a doubtwhoops,2x

allentown PA
12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
In the 1997 playoff game against the vikings in which the giants blew a 19-3 halftime lead what giant TE caught a touchdown pass in that game?

rbcarpenter
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
In the 1997 playoff game against the vikings in which the giants blew a 19-3 halftime lead what giant TE caught a touchdown pass in that game?easy one,big guy...aaron peirce?pierce?

allentown PA
12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
In the 1997 playoff game against the vikings in which the giants blew a 19-3 halftime lead what giant TE caught a touchdown pass in that game?easy one,big guy...aaron peirce?pierce?

wow..nice RBC how did you get that so easily?

allentown PA
12-10-2010, 05:50 PM

wow..nice RBC how did you get that so easily?

i gotta start getting better questions this is embarassing..lol

jomo
12-10-2010, 06:12 PM
DYK now has over a million views, wow! Thanks for getting and keepingthe ball rolling YA. [B]

YATittle1962
12-10-2010, 09:49 PM
DYK now has over a million views, wow! Thanks for getting and keeping*the ball rolling YA. [B]

its crazy how this is still a blast for me.

hope it is for you guys as well

zimonami
12-10-2010, 11:29 PM
DYK now has over a million views, wow! Thanks for getting and keepingthe ball rolling YA. [B] its crazy how this is still a blast for me. hope it is for you guys as well</P>

Me too, YA... still a refuge... and we're still lucky enough to get some new blood every so often.</P>

Ya' got me on JPP's mom... but, it was a sneaky answer.</P>

rbcarpenter
12-10-2010, 11:50 PM

wow..nice RBC how did you get that so easily?those playoff losses are indelibly etched in my mind..that one,flipperbowl,the p.i. in s.f....those are the ones in which you don't forget the details.

by the way,i've said it before and i'll say it again... WHEN JAKE REED CAUGHT THAT BALL IN THE END ZONE,HIS SECOND FOOT WAS SQUARELY ON THE END LINE!SHOULD HAVE BEEN RULED INCOMPLETE!

.........but i'm not bitter.[:$]

YATittle1962
12-11-2010, 09:26 AM
what Giant QB threw the least amount of INTs in a season in the Superbowl era?

jomo
12-11-2010, 10:13 AM
what Giant QB threw the least amount of INTs in a season in the Superbowl era?As he matured, he took the mistake out of his game so I will guess Phil Simms. (It seems too obvious an answer which means you've probably got a twist here)

jomo
12-11-2010, 10:16 AM
what Giant QB threw the least amount of INTs in a season in the Superbowl era?As he matured, he took the mistake out of his game so I will guess Phil Simms. (It seems too obvious an answer which means you've probably got a twist here)Second choice (saving my third strike for later) would be Tarkenton. I am assuming that you mean a quarterback who started all games that season.

zimonami
12-11-2010, 01:08 PM
what Giant QB threw the least amount of INTs in a season in the Superbowl era?As he matured, he took the mistake out of his game so I will guess Phil Simms. (It seems too obvious an answer which means you've probably got a twist here)Second choice (saving my third strike for later) would be Tarkenton. I am assuming that you mean a quarterback who started all games that season.</P>

I say Kerry.</P>

jomo
12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
what Giant QB threw the least amount of INTs in a season in the Superbowl era?As he matured, he took the mistake out of his game so I will guess Phil Simms. (It seems too obvious an answer which means you've probably got a twist here)Second choice (saving my third strike for later) would be Tarkenton. I am assuming that you mean a quarterback who started all games that season.</P>

I say Kerry.</P>Just wondering, did collins ever complete a pass with us while rolling to his right? Never understood why they continued to run that play. I didn't think our OL was that bad but maybe it was.

Footballfav
12-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Stop it already ron johnson no.30 and was cut and went to the cowboys

NYG 5
12-11-2010, 03:23 PM

I say Kerry.</P>Just wondering, did collins ever complete a pass with us while rolling to his right? Never understood why they continued to run that play. I didn't think our OL was that bad but maybe it was.

he used to run it pretty well back in the early 2000s, before fassel let him get all fat.

to answer the question, its gotta be phil. he only threw 4 interceptions in 14 games in 1990, so we'll say he would thrown 8 MAX if he lasted all season

rbcarpenter
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Stop it already ron johnson no.30 and was cut and went to the cowboysuhhh.....what does that have to do with anything?

allentown PA
12-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Stop it already ron johnson no.30 and was cut and went to the cowboysuhhh.....what does that have to do with anything?

i think he was reading the very first page of this thread???? Don't know what else he could have been commenting on.

zimonami
12-11-2010, 04:30 PM

I say Kerry.</P>

Just wondering, did collins ever complete a pass with us while rolling to his right? Never understood why they continued to run that play. I didn't think our OL was that bad but maybe it was. he used to run it pretty well back in the early 2000s, before fassel let him get all fat. to answer the question, its gotta be phil. he only threw 4 interceptions in 14 games in 1990, so we'll say he would thrown 8 MAX if he lasted all season</P>

That's why I didn't pick Phil... not a full season.</P>

YATittle1962
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Stop it already ron johnson no.30 and was cut and went to the cowboys

uuuhhhh.......541 pages ago maybe?

YATittle1962
12-11-2010, 05:01 PM
...so here it is.....

the QB who started a full season with the least INTs in a season within the Superbowl era ........

its actually a tie....

Eli Manning with 10 in 2008
Dave Brown with 10 in 1995

Brown is a shocker right?

I thought so

a close second would be Tarkenton with 11 in 1971
and Simms with 11 in 1988
but they actually missed one game each

jomo
12-11-2010, 05:05 PM
what Giant QB threw the least amount of INTs in a season in the Superbowl era?As he matured, he took the mistake out of his game so I will guess Phil Simms. <FONT size=4>(It seems too obvious an answer which means you've probably got a twist here</FONT>)I knew there was awrinkle in this question! [:D]Dave Brown, not to be confused with the other 1st round bust from that era Derek Brown TE from ND.

allentown PA
12-11-2010, 05:10 PM
...so here it is.....

the QB who started a full season with the least INTs in a season within the Superbowl era ........

its actually a tie....

lol...I can't believe one of them was Dave Brown... I wonder how many touchdowns he threw that year.

I thought so

SweetZombieJesus
12-11-2010, 06:05 PM
...so here it is.....

its actually a tie....

I thought so

The only way I can reconcile Dave Brown is that it was the Rodney Hampton show for several years, run-run-pass sometimes run-run-run.

YATittle1962
12-11-2010, 06:15 PM
...so here it is.....

its actually a tie....

lol...I can't believe one of them was Dave Brown... I wonder how many touchdowns he threw that year.

I thought so

11 TDs

hahahahahahahaha....

allentown PA
12-11-2010, 06:31 PM
...so here it is.....

its actually a tie....

I thought so

11 TDs

hahahahahahahaha....

I just looked this up but in 1969 Tarkenton only had 8 picks along with 23 touchdown passes...He had some really good years with the giants...I also saw that the 1970 team was pretty decent...I always assumed we were awful in every year of that decade.

allentown PA
12-11-2010, 06:32 PM
...so here it is.....

its actually a tie....

I thought so

11 TDs

hahahahahahahaha....

gotta love dave brown...lmao

YATittle1962
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
...so here it is.....

its actually a tie....

I thought so

11 TDs

hahahahahahahaha....

I just looked this up but in 1969 Tarkenton only had 8 picks along with 23 touchdown passes...He had some really good years with the giants...I also saw that the 1970 team was pretty decent...I always assumed we were awful in every year of that decade.

WOW!

yr right.

I totally blew that!!!!

Zimmy.....how many demerits ?

allentown PA
12-11-2010, 06:52 PM
...so here it is.....

its actually a tie....

I thought so

11 TDs

hahahahahahahaha....

WOW!

yr right.

I totally blew that!!!!

Zimmy.....how many demerits ?

yea but it was only a 14 game season and they were playing in the century division...I don't know if that changes anything. Im still going to consider Dave Brown the benchmark for interception futility...lol

allentown PA
12-11-2010, 11:38 PM

wow..nice RBC how did you get that so easily?those playoff losses are indelibly etched in my mind..that one,flipperbowl,the p.i. in s.f....those are the ones in which you don't forget the details.

by the way,i've said it before and i'll say it again... WHEN JAKE REED CAUGHT THAT BALL IN THE END ZONE,HIS SECOND FOOT WAS SQUARELY ON THE END LINE!SHOULD HAVE BEEN RULED INCOMPLETE!

.........but i'm not bitter.[:$]

I always thought the same thing....I know it sounds like sour grapes but that one still stings just like the 89 divisional playoff game against the rams.

zimonami
12-11-2010, 11:43 PM
...so here it is..... the QB who started a full season with the least INTs in a season within the Superbowl era ........ its actually a tie.... Eli Manning with 10 in 2008 Dave Brown with 10 in 1995 lol...I can't believe one of them was Dave Brown... I wonder how many touchdowns he threw that year. Brown is a shocker right? I thought so a close second would be Tarkenton with 11 in 1971 and Simms with 11 in 1988 but they actually missed one game each 11 TDs hahahahahahahaha.... I just looked this up but in 1969 Tarkenton only had 8 picks along with 23 touchdown passes...He had some really good years with the giants...I also saw that the 1970 team was pretty decent...I always assumed we were awful in every year of that decade. WOW! yr right. I totally blew that!!!! Zimmy.....how many demerits ?</P>

That's a biggy, YA. If we can't trust the person asking the question to have the correct answers, then we lose all credibility.</P>

So, that's 5 demerits.</P>

Minus a demerit just cuz it was an honest mistake</P>

Minus a demerit cuz I never liked Tark.</P>

Minus a demerit cuz you are the Master of the House.</P>

So, that's 2 demerits. </P>

Wait... we gotta remember... it's only a thread... just like football is only a game. So, it wasn't life threatening misinformation.</P>

The DYK police issue YA 1 demerit.</P>

I thinkby now you and I owe everyone a six pack.</P>

jmike
12-11-2010, 11:45 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0397/5420/111231_feature.jpg

jmike
12-11-2010, 11:47 PM
...so here it is..... the QB who started a full season with the least INTs in a season within the Superbowl era ........ its actually a tie.... Eli Manning with 10 in 2008 Dave Brown with 10 in 1995 lol...I can't believe one of them was Dave Brown... I wonder how many touchdowns he threw that year. Brown is a shocker right? I thought so a close second would be Tarkenton with 11 in 1971 and Simms with 11 in 1988 but they actually missed one game each 11 TDs hahahahahahahaha.... I just looked this up but in 1969 Tarkenton only had 8 picks along with 23 touchdown passes...He had some really good years with the giants...I also saw that the 1970 team was pretty decent...I always assumed we were awful in every year of that decade. WOW! yr right. I totally blew that!!!! Zimmy.....how many demerits ?</p>

That's a biggy, YA. If we can't trust the person asking the question to have the correct answers, then we lose all credibility.</p>

So, that's 5 demerits.</p>

Minus a demerit just cuz it was an honest mistake</p>

Minus a demerit cuz I never liked Tark.</p>

Minus a demerit cuz you are the Master of the House.</p>

So, that's 2 demerits. </p>

Wait... we gotta remember... it's only a thread... just like football is only a game. So, it wasn't life threatening misinformation.</p>

The DYK police issue YA 1 demerit.</p>

I thinkby now you and I owe everyone a six pack.</p>

Skip the 6 pack, take us out for milkshakes.

allentown PA
12-11-2010, 11:50 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0397/5420/111231_feature.jpg

lmao....god I miss him.

rbcarpenter
12-12-2010, 12:05 AM

lmao....god I miss him.AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! MY EYES ARE MELTING!!!![+o(]

allentown PA
12-12-2010, 12:07 AM

The pride of Duke university.

rbcarpenter
12-12-2010, 12:39 AM

The pride of Duke university.THAT AIN'T SAYIN' MUCH...

zimonami
12-12-2010, 02:00 AM
...so here it is..... the QB who started a full season with the least INTs in a season within the Superbowl era ........ its actually a tie.... Eli Manning with 10 in 2008 Dave Brown with 10 in 1995 lol...I can't believe one of them was Dave Brown... I wonder how many touchdowns he threw that year. Brown is a shocker right? I thought so a close second would be Tarkenton with 11 in 1971 and Simms with 11 in 1988 but they actually missed one game each 11 TDs hahahahahahahaha.... I just looked this up but in 1969 Tarkenton only had 8 picks along with 23 touchdown passes...He had some really good years with the giants...I also saw that the 1970 team was pretty decent...I always assumed we were awful in every year of that decade. WOW! yr right. I totally blew that!!!! Zimmy.....how many demerits ?</P>

That's a biggy, YA. If we can't trust the person asking the question to have the correct answers, then we lose all credibility.</P>

So, that's 5 demerits.</P>

Minus a demerit just cuz it was an honest mistake</P>

Minus a demerit cuz I never liked Tark.</P>

Minus a demerit cuz you are the Master of the House.</P>

So, that's 2 demerits. </P>

Wait... we gotta remember... it's only a thread... just like football is only a game. So, it wasn't life threatening misinformation.</P>

The DYK police issue YA 1 demerit.</P>

I thinkby now you and I owe everyone a six pack.</P>

</P>

Milkshakes can be accomodated. We'll have to meet before a game next season. YA owed us a few and we were gonna collect at the Pittsburgh preseason game, but then he went and had back surgery... Being unremorseful, we are still holding him to his debt.</P>

I think I'm in the 'owesy' column, too.</P>

It's a tough bunch we have here. The blood flows often.</P>

rbcarpenter
12-12-2010, 08:31 AM
...so here it is..... the QB who started a full season with the least INTs in a season within the Superbowl era ........ its actually a tie.... Eli Manning with 10 in 2008 Dave Brown with 10 in 1995 lol...I can't believe one of them was Dave Brown... I wonder how many touchdowns he threw that year. Brown is a shocker right? I thought so a close second would be Tarkenton with 11 in 1971 and Simms with 11 in 1988 but they actually missed one game each 11 TDs hahahahahahahaha.... I just looked this up but in 1969 Tarkenton only had 8 picks along with 23 touchdown passes...He had some really good years with the giants...I also saw that the 1970 team was pretty decent...I always assumed we were awful in every year of that decade. WOW! yr right. I totally blew that!!!! Zimmy.....how many demerits ?</p>

That's a biggy, YA. If we can't trust the person asking the question to have the correct answers, then we lose all credibility.</p>

So, that's 5 demerits.</p>

Minus a demerit just cuz it was an honest mistake</p>

Minus a demerit cuz I never liked Tark.</p>

Minus a demerit cuz you are the Master of the House.</p>

So, that's 2 demerits. </p>

Wait... we gotta remember... it's only a thread... just like football is only a game. So, it wasn't life threatening misinformation.</p>

The DYK police issue YA 1 demerit.</p>

I thinkby now you and I owe everyone a six pack.</p>

</p>

Milkshakes can be accomodated. We'll have to meet before a game next season. YA owed us a few and we were gonna collect at the Pittsburgh preseason game, but then he went and had back surgery... Being unremorseful, we are still holding him to his debt.</p>

I think I'm in the 'owesy' column, too.</p>

It's a tough bunch we have here. The blood flows often.</p>i am partial to banana-strawberry....[;)]

YATittle1962
12-12-2010, 09:55 AM
beer and milkshakes it is........as sick as it makes me feel to say those words in the same sentence

....rbc....im a strawberry guy myself

YATittle1962
12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
before today......

was a Giants game ever moved or postponed.......or both?

Z

zimonami
12-12-2010, 03:39 PM
before today...... was a Giants game ever moved or postponed.......or both? Z</P>

There's the obvious Katrina game when NO had to move the game to our stadium.</P>

allentown PA
12-12-2010, 03:54 PM
before today...... was a Giants game ever moved or postponed.......or both? Z</P>

There's the obvious Katrina game when NO had to move the game to our stadium.</P>

That would have been my guess but that seems to obvious...only thing I could think of is maybe some game in 1975 or something when yankee stadium was being revamped.

Did you guys just see what happened to the redskins...wtf

YATittle1962
12-12-2010, 05:32 PM

thats the one I was thinking of......

How many times has a Giants player graced the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine?
.....while being a Giant......there are a few with covers of players before or after they were Giants.....

and who was the only Giant to be on the cover of Time Magazine?

Z

scoopscj
12-12-2010, 05:36 PM
I have a question I don't know the answer to. I thought of it during the Lions and Packer game.

If the clock is running under 2:00 at the end of the game, and there is a false start, is there a 10 second run off?

I was thinking that the Lions had to run a 4th down play because there was a 2 second differential between the game clock and the play clock. I was thinking, can Detroit jump offside 3rd down on purpose to get a 10 second run off and thus not have to run a 4th down play?

Scoops

YATittle1962
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I have a question I don't know the answer to.* I thought of it during the Lions and Packer game.

If the clock is running under 2:00 at the end of the game, and there is a false start, is there a 10 second run off?

I was thinking that the Lions had to run a 4th down play because there was a 2 second differential between the game click and the play clock.* I was thinking, can Detroit jump offside 3rd down on purpose to get a 10 second run off?

Scoops

The requirement that the offense has to be behind in the score or the score has to be tied for a 10-second clock runoff to be exercised against the offense for an excess timeout with two minutes to go in the first half or in the game has been eliminated. Now a 10-second runoff will take place no matter what the game situation. Any possible advantage for the offense (e.g., the old rule would not require a 10-second runoff if it were ahead) has been eliminated. The defense has the option to decline a 10-second runoff (which will give it more time should it get the ball back).

zimonami
12-12-2010, 06:06 PM

thats the one I was thinking of...... How many times has a Giants player graced the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine? .....while being a Giant......there are a few with covers of players before or after they were Giants..... and who was the only Giant to be on the cover of Time Magazine? Z</P>

Huff is the Time mag. cover...
The violent world of Sam Huff" ??</P>

On SI, I'll say Huff, Giff, Tittle, LT, Simms, OJ Anderson, Tyree and Tiki.</P>

allentown PA
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM

thats the one I was thinking of...... How many times has a Giants player graced the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine? .....while being a Giant......there are a few with covers of players before or after they were Giants..... and who was the only Giant to be on the cover of Time Magazine? Z</P>

I think everson walls was on the cover of SI too.

ny06
12-12-2010, 06:12 PM

I think everson walls was on the cover of SI too.</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/11hapw1.jpg</P>

allentown PA
12-12-2010, 06:14 PM

I think everson walls was on the cover of SI too.</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/11hapw1.jpg</P>

Nice!!!

NYG 5
12-12-2010, 06:25 PM

let me guess what's happening on this play..... d. brown runs backwards and gets sacked

YATittle1962
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM

we got more covers than you would think.....

Conerly
Gifford
Rosey Brown
Tittle twice......was on the cover more but not while he was a Giant
Tarkenton
Bavaro twice
LT twice...while he was a Giant
Simms
Everson Walls
OJ Anderson
Strahan twice
Toomer
Tyree twice
Eli twice

and good call on the Huff cover....it indeed was the violent world of......

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2010, 07:02 PM

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' gamewith my son. How could I think of them?</p>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missedseveral games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly. Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson... for some reason this team stuck with me.</p>

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

....and most fans dont see it this way......but that Pisarcik play was one of the best things to ever happen to this organization....as you have stated here many timescan we all imagine what the last 32 years would have been like WITHOUT that play?(shudder!)

Excellent point of view to take on it.

Whenever an Eagle fan brings up the "Miracle at the Meadowlands", I say thank you for that moment.

It got the coaching staff fired and they brought in a new staff with a young guy at LB coach named Bill Parcells.

It made Pete Rozelle strong-arm Wellington Mara into bringing in GM George Young from the Colts. The first thing he did was draft Phil Simms and then two years later Lawrence Taylor.

So, thank you Philadelphia Eagles, because your regular season embarassment caused us to bring in the guy that gave the Giants their modern glory era with two Super Bowl wins and set a foundation for winning that continues to this day.

YATittle1962
12-12-2010, 07:30 PM

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' game*with my son. How could I think of them?</p>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missed*several games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly.* Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson...* for some reason this team stuck with me.</p>

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

Whenever an Eagle fan brings up the "Miracle at the Meadowlands", I say thank you for that moment.

It got the coaching staff fired and they brought in a new staff with a young guy at LB coach named Bill Parcells.

It made Pete Rozelle strong-arm Wellington Mara into bringing in GM George Young from the Colts.* The first thing he did was draft Phil Simms and then two years later Lawrence Taylor.

So, thank you Philadelphia Eagles, because your regular season embarassment caused us to bring in the guy that gave the Giants their modern glory era with two Super Bowl wins and set a foundation for winning that continues to this day.

exactly.....

in a very round about way....that one play is Semi responsible for our first two Lombardi trophies

;)

allentown PA
12-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' game*with my son. How could I think of them?</p>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missed*several games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly.* Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson...* for some reason this team stuck with me.</p>

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

It made Pete Rozelle strong-arm Wellington Mara into bringing in GM George Young from the Colts.* The first thing he did was draft Phil Simms and then two years later Lawrence Taylor.

exactly.....

in a very round about way....that one play is Semi responsible for our first two Lombardi trophies

;)

where any of you guys at that game???

YATittle1962
12-12-2010, 08:15 PM

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

exactly.....

;)

yup

dad and I were there.

we were actually picking up our stuff to leave when "it"happened

allentown PA
12-13-2010, 12:15 AM

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

exactly.....

;)

yup

dad and I were there.

that is crazy...I never thought of the events of that game as a positive for the giants but it seems to be that it was.

YATittle1962
12-13-2010, 01:17 PM

beautiful zim

that team was all heart.

exactly.....

;)

yup

dad and I were there.

that is crazy...I never thought of the events of that game as a positive for the giants but it seems to be that it was.

it absolutely was.....

interesting spin huh?

zimonami
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM

beautiful zim that team was all heart. ....and most fans dont see it this way......but that Pisarcik play was one of the best things to ever happen to this organization....as you have stated here many timescan we all imagine what the last 32 years would have been like WITHOUT that play?(shudder!)

It made Pete Rozelle strong-arm Wellington Mara into bringing in GM George Young from the Colts. The first thing he did was draft Phil Simms and then two years later Lawrence Taylor.

exactly..... in a very round about way....that one play is Semi responsible for our first two Lombardi trophies ;) where any of you guys at that game??? yup dad and I were there. we were actually picking up our stuff to leave when "it"happened that is crazy...I never thought of the events of that game as a positive for the giants but it seems to be that it was. it absolutely was..... interesting spin huh?</P>

You and I both know that it's not spin, YA. That calamity, and all the intensified fan grumblings,clarified for Rozelle that something had to be done to take the Mara's out of football/team decisions. And, George Young was perfect... he was ready to takeall team decisions onto himself, knowing that the Mara's would have no say. And, Young begat Accorsi, and Accorsi begat Reese. And we've had a much steadier ship these past 31 years.</P>

I'm not sure if Rozelle intercedes without the fumble, but I know he saw the handwriting on the wall, even before the fumble... after all, there was nearly 20 years of futility from what had been a premiere team. But, even a 1 year delay in him acting might have meant someone other than George Young. One thing I can guarantee to you... If George Young were not there, we would not havedrafted Simms, which was an integral part of our recovery.</P>

SEC105
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Several years ago, at the 80th birthday party for Giants patriarch Wellington Mara, Pisarcik learned there might have been another reason for the ill-advised play call by offensive coordinator Bob Gibson. Jim Galat, then a Giants defensive assistant, approached Pisarcik and, according to Pisarcik, told him the following story:

</P>

</P>

"You ran out there and fell on the ball, and I turned to Gibby and said, 'Hey, that's not a bad idea. Just fall on the ball.'

</P>

</P>

"Bob said, 'Hey, I'll call the plays here, not you. Don't worry about it.'"

</P>

</P>

If that exchange occurred -- and, in the historic context of friction between offenses and defenses, it rings true -- it sheds some light on Gibson's motivation. Was The Fumble ultimately born of a coach's stubbornly exercising his authority?

</P>

</P>

"Yes," Pisarcik said, nodding his head. "Very much so." </P>

</P>

Interesting little tidbit I found on the subject of "The Fumble"......thought you guys might find it it of interest</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-13-2010, 04:13 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/10/26/sports/football/fifthdown_meadowlands-memories1/blogSpan.jpg</P>

I was there too. Still can't believe it happened some 30 odd years later. Herman Edwards ran right into our coner of the end zone.......but like it was mentioned already It lead us to make the changes that eventually made us champions</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Of course I loved the 3 SB teams, but the other team/year that I enjoyed most was 1978... that was a 6-10 team, and they lost 7 of their last 8. Watched 'The Fumble' game*with my son. How could I think of them?</P>

It was the first year Aunt Jean missed*several games, so I got to bring my son and Kris and get her into football. The defensive lineup was one of my favs of all times... Martin, Mendenhall, Archer, Jeter, Gregory, Van Pelt, Carson, Kelley, Terry Jackson, Rhodes, Reese... these guys were great, total effort on every play, and it was Archer's last year, so I remember it fondly.* Jennings made Pro Bowl as the punter. Also had Kotar, Csonka, VanHorn, Jimmy Robinson...* for some reason this team stuck with me.</P>

beautiful zim that team was all heart. ....and most fans dont see it this way......but that Pisarcik play was one of the best things to ever happen to this organization....as you have stated here many timescan we all imagine what the last 32 years would have been like WITHOUT that play?(shudder!)

exactly..... in a very round about way....that one play is Semi responsible for our first two Lombardi trophies ;) where any of you guys at that game??? yup dad and I were there. we were actually picking up our stuff to leave when "it"happened that is crazy...I never thought of the events of that game as a positive for the giants but it seems to be that it was. it absolutely was..... interesting spin huh?</P>

You and I both know that it's not spin, YA.* That calamity, and all the intensified fan grumblings,*clarified for Rozelle that something had to be done to take the Mara's out of football/team decisions. And, George Young was perfect... he was ready to take*all team decisions onto himself, knowing that the Mara's would have no say.* And, Young begat Accorsi, and Accorsi begat Reese.* And we've had a much steadier ship these past 31 years.</P>

I'm not sure if Rozelle intercedes without the fumble, but I know he saw the handwriting on the wall, even before the fumble... after all, there was nearly 20 years of futility from what had been a premiere team.* But, even a 1 year delay in him acting might have meant someone other than George Young. One thing I can guarantee to you... If George Young were not there, we would not have*drafted Simms, which was an integral part of our recovery.</P>

yr completely right zimmy.....

...but by spin I just meant .....a way of Allentown thinking about the situation

allentown PA
12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/10/26/sports/football/fifthdown_meadowlands-memories1/blogSpan.jpg</P>

I was there too.* Still can't believe it happened some 30 odd years later. Herman Edwards ran right into our coner of the end zone.......but like it was mentioned already**** It lead us to make the changes that eventually made us champions</P>

Z</P>

During the broadcast of the 1986 nfc championship game they show this clip and I have not watched the video in some time but I believe Pat Summeral makes a comment along the same lines of what you guys are saying. I gotta find that damn tape.

zimonami
12-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Several years ago, at the 80th birthday party for Giants patriarch Wellington Mara, Pisarcik learned there might have been another reason for the ill-advised play call by offensive coordinator Bob Gibson. Jim Galat, then a Giants defensive assistant, approached Pisarcik and, according to Pisarcik, told him the following story:

</P>

</P>

"You ran out there and fell on the ball, and I turned to Gibby and said, 'Hey, that's not a bad idea. Just fall on the ball.'

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

If that exchange occurred -- and, in the historic context of friction between offenses and defenses, it rings true -- it sheds some light on Gibson's motivation. Was The Fumble ultimately born of a coach's stubbornly exercising his authority?

</P>

</P>

</P>

Interesting little tidbit I found on the subject of "The Fumble"......thought you guys might find it it of interest</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That's extremely plausible, SEC. Never heard that before. Back then I felt sorry Gibson took the fall. Now I'm not so sorry. If he called that play out of pride? I can see that happening.</P>

SEC105
12-13-2010, 04:38 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That's extremely plausible, SEC. Never heard that before. Back then I felt sorry Gibson took the fall. Now I'm not so sorry. If he called that play out of pride? I can see that happening.</P>

</P>

I always felt a little bad for Gibson too Z.....until I read that. No one to blame but himself</P>

However...it lead to this [:D]</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
12-13-2010, 04:40 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That's extremely plausible, SEC.* Never heard that before.* Back then I felt sorry Gibson took the fall.* Now I'm not so sorry. If he called that play out of pride?* I can see that happening.</P>

</P>

I always felt a little bad for Gibson too Z.....until I read that. No one to blame but himself</P>

Z</P>

Thats awesome sec105 thanks for that....the intro to that game is classic stuff as well.

SEC105
12-13-2010, 04:48 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Thats awesome sec105 thanks for that....the intro to that game is classic stuff as well.</P>

No problem......I enjoy those vidsas much as you guys[:D]</P>

SEC105
12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
<FONT face=Arial><SPAN>There are </SPAN>4</FONT> guest(s) online. There are <FONT face=Arial>1</FONT> of <FONT color=#b20000 face=Arial>91,393</FONT> (/user/Members.aspx) member(s) online - <FONT color=#b20000 face=Arial>SEC105</FONT> (/members/SEC105.aspx)</P>

from 1 minute ago..........Is this possible? lol................2 hours before kickoff!!!</P>

just thought that was funny</P>

Z</P>

jints10
12-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Being a STH I too was at "THAT" game with my brother and dad. Lets just say it was a very quiet ride home after that one.</P>

I can't remember exactly which game it was that someone rented one of those planes with the banner that read "WE HAD ENOUGH". I'm pretty sure it was 1978. Which game was it? I'm thinking the Cardinals by not sure?</P>

YATittle1962
12-13-2010, 05:01 PM
<FONT face=Arial><SPAN>There are </SPAN>4</FONT> guest(s) online. There are <FONT face=Arial>1</FONT> of <FONT color=#b20000 face=Arial>91,393</FONT> (/user/Members.aspx) member(s) online - <FONT color=#b20000 face=Arial>SEC105</FONT> (/members/SEC105.aspx)</P>

from 1 minute ago..........Is this possible?** lol................2 hours before kickoff!!!</P>

Z</P>

hahahahaha.....

the lone gunman

jmike
12-13-2010, 05:26 PM
<font face="Arial"><span>There are </span>4</font> guest(s) online. There are <font face="Arial">1</font> of <font color="#b20000" face="Arial">91,393</font> (/user/Members.aspx) member(s) online - <font color="#b20000" face="Arial">SEC105</font> (/members/SEC105.aspx)</p>

from 1 minute ago..........Is this possible? lol................2 hours before kickoff!!!</p>

just thought that was funny</p>

Z</p>

I was on, but not in the room, was cooking, so not correct. [:D]

unless they can tell when I am not paying attention.

SEC105
12-13-2010, 05:44 PM

from 1 minute ago..........Is this possible? lol................2 hours before kickoff!!!</P>

Z</P>

hahahahaha..... the lone gunmanhttp://www.disneydreaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/The-Lone-Ranger-Movie.jpg</P>

Hi-ho........off to Detroit I go! lol</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Ghost
12-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Did you know there is a thread where servicemen are asking us to vote on so they can see the Giants games?Please vote, all of you. Thank you.Least we can do.

YATittle1962
12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Did you know there is a thread where servicemen are asking us to vote on so they can see the Giants games?Please vote, all of you. Thank you.Least we can do.

he has our votes......

now whats your question ....or answer....?

;)

just playing......

yeah guys go vote

YATittle1962
12-14-2010, 12:16 PM
when was the last time the Giants and Eagles played a Giants home game for NFC east supremacy?

;)

rbcarpenter
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
1997?

zimonami
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Just saw this on ESPN... don't think anyone will know...</P>

Why did Maurice Jones-Drew change his UCLA #21 to #32 with the Jags?</P>

rbcarpenter
12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
i don't know tha answer to that zim,but i'm going to try posting some pics...it's my first try,so have a heart,guys!file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///tmp/moz-screenshot-1.png

rbcarpenter
12-14-2010, 09:43 PM
didn't work....i hate mozilla!!!!

tuckmvp91
12-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Just saw this on ESPN... don't think anyone will know...</p>

Why did Maurice Jones-Drew change his UCLA #21 to #32 with the Jags?</p>

great piece, he did it cause 32 teams passed on him

zimonami
12-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Just saw this on ESPN... don't think anyone will know...</P>

Why did Maurice Jones-Drew change his UCLA #21 to #32 with the Jags?</P>

great piece, he did it cause 32 teams passed on him
</P>

WTG, Tuck... glad someone else watched it. I like shows like that that make them human to me, instead of a hated opponent in another uniform. Although I don't want to see any pieces about a Cowboy, or Eagle. It killed me to watch "Invincible"... I saw that play when it happenedand I din't want to root for that guy... but, ended up liking the movie</P>

jints10
12-15-2010, 08:10 AM
when was the last time the Giants and Eagles played a Giants home game for NFC east supremacy? ;)</P>

Just last year. If the Giants were to win that game we would have been in 1st place in the NFC East.</P>

jints10
12-15-2010, 08:24 AM
In 2002 at Giants Stadium who caught the pass over Brian Dawkins to send the game into OT, a game in which the Giants eventually won? The play prompted the Giants faithfull to sing "Proud to be a NY Giant".

rbcarpenter
12-15-2010, 09:15 AM
In 2002 at Giants Stadium who caught the pass over Brian Dawkins to send the game into OT, a game in which the Giants eventually won? The play prompted the Giants faithfull to sing "Proud to be a NY Giant".shockey...loved the way he gave dawkins a little waggle"no,no,no",right after the catch.[Y]

jints10
12-15-2010, 09:27 AM
In 2002 at Giants Stadium who caught the pass over Brian Dawkins to send the game into OT, a game in which the Giants eventually won? The play prompted the Giants faithfull to sing "Proud to be a NY Giant".shockey...loved the way he gave dawkins a little waggle"no,no,no",right after the catch.[Y]
</P>

That's it RBC, that was a fun game to be at.</P>

SEC105
12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Here's a fairly easy one....Who are these 3 players and what game was this?</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/1006/greatest.moments.philadelphia.history/images/chuck-bednarik.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jints10
12-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Here's a fairly easy one....Who are these 3 players and what game was this?</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/1006/greatest.moments.philadelphia.history/images/chuck-bednarik.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Paul Horning, Chuck Bednerik, and Jim Taylor</P>

jints10
12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Oops did'nt see the second part 1960 Championship game .....the last time the Eagles won....anything HA HA

rbcarpenter
12-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Oops did'nt see the second part 1960 Championship game .....the last time the Eagles won....anything HA HAdon't worry,it was such a small footnote in nfl history,it's easy to forget!

YATittle1962
12-15-2010, 09:01 PM
when was the last time the Giants and Eagles played a Giants home game for NFC east supremacy? ;)</P>

Just last year. If the Giants were to win that game we would have been in 1st place in the NFC East.</P>

yup

YATittle1962
12-15-2010, 09:03 PM
what happened on the very first play from scrimmage in Superbowl XXI?

and what Giant defender was closest to the ball carrier when the play ended?

hutch
12-16-2010, 03:16 AM

forgive my half ***** answer.......i remember elway running the 1st down..after that im blank

YATittle1962
12-16-2010, 01:34 PM

forgive my half ***** answer.......i remember elway running the 1st down..after that im blank

yup Elway scramble for a first with LT on his tail.

ok.....true or false....

the same Trainer who taped Charlie Conerlys ankles for the 1956 championship game is the same guy who taped Eli Mannings ankles for Superbowl XLII

ny06
12-16-2010, 01:35 PM
what happened on the very first play from scrimmage in Superbowl XXI? and what Giant defender was closest to the ball carrier when the play ended? forgive my half ***** answer.......i remember elway running the 1st down..after that im blank yup Elway scramble for a first with LT on his tail. ok.....true or false.... the same Trainer who taped Charlie Conerlys ankles for the 1956 championship game is the same guy who taped Eli Mannings ankles for Superbowl XLII</P>

I have no idea, but I will go with true..</P>

SEC105
12-16-2010, 04:36 PM
what happened on the very first play from scrimmage in Superbowl XXI? and what Giant defender was closest to the ball carrier when the play ended? forgive my half ***** answer.......i remember elway running the 1st down..after that im blank yup Elway scramble for a first with LT on his tail. ok.....true or false.... the same Trainer who taped Charlie Conerlys ankles for the 1956 championship game is the same guy who taped Eli Mannings ankles for Superbowl XLII</P>

I have no idea, but I will go with true..</P>

</P>

99% sure it's true......just can't recall his name</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Oops did'nt see the second part 1960 Championship game .....the last time the Eagles won....anything HA HA</P>

Yeah Jints10...........just a little history for the Eagle fans [;)]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-16-2010, 04:48 PM

Is that Pete Privite [sp] Y.A. ?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-16-2010, 09:58 PM

Is that Pete Privite [sp] Y.A. ?</P>

Z</P>

Pete Previte was the club house manager at Yankee Stadium......

He was the one who suggested to put ...I think it was Barnes and Patton in on offense and have them run go routes because they were the fastest guys on the squad....

it worked the very first time they tried it ......I believe it was Barnes who caught the TD

the trainer I was asking about was John Johnson.....NY Giants trainer for 60 years....

he retired the day after Superbowl XLII.....and indeed taped both Old Miss QBs ankles.......Charlie Conerly and Eli Manning

back to Pete Previte......

what did they call the play he suggested?

rbcarpenter
12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
what happened on the very first play from scrimmage in Superbowl XXI? and what Giant defender was closest to the ball carrier when the play ended? forgive my half ***** answer.......i remember elway running the 1st down..after that im blank yup Elway scramble for a first with LT on his tail. ok.....true or false.... the same Trainer who taped Charlie Conerlys ankles for the 1956 championship game is the same guy who taped Eli Mannings ankles for Superbowl XLII</p>

Is that Pete Privite [sp] Y.A. ?</p>

Z</p>

He was the one who suggested to put ...I think it was Barnes and Patton in on offense and have them run go routes because they were the fastest guys on the squad....

it worked the very first time they tried it ......I believe it was Barnes who caught the TD

the trainer I was asking about was John Johnson.....NY Giants trainer for 60 years....

he retired the day after Superbowl XLII.....and indeed taped both Old Miss QBs ankles.......Charlie Conerly and Eli Manning

what did they call the play he suggested?i think it was either called the "previte special",or it was it was the first time the term triples,or trips was used.

YATittle1962
12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
what happened on the very first play from scrimmage in Superbowl XXI? and what Giant defender was closest to the ball carrier when the play ended? forgive my half ***** answer.......i remember elway running the 1st down..after that im blank yup Elway scramble for a first with LT on his tail. ok.....true or false.... the same Trainer who taped Charlie Conerlys ankles for the 1956 championship game is the same guy who taped Eli Mannings ankles for Superbowl XLII</p>

Is that Pete Privite [sp] Y.A. ?</p>

Z</p>

what did they call the play he suggested?i think it was either called the "previte special",or it was it was the first time the term triples,or trips was used.

Previte special it was rbc......nice job....

who was John Elways back up QB in Superbowl XXI?

zimonami
12-17-2010, 11:26 AM
i think it was either called the "previte special",or it was it was the first time the term triples,or trips was used.
Previte special it was rbc......nice job.... who was John Elways back up QB in Superbowl XXI?</P>

Gary Kubiak? This smells of trickery... Kubiak was backup all year... did something change for the SB?</P>

Who was Phil Simms backup in SB XXI?</P>

Besides Simms and his backup, who was the only other Giant to throw a pass in the '86 season?</P>

</P>

GameTime
12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
i think it was either called the "previte special",or it was it was the first time the term triples,or trips was used.
Previte special it was rbc......nice job.... who was John Elways back up QB in Superbowl XXI?</P>

Gary Kubiak? This smells of trickery... Kubiak was backup all year... did something change for the SB?</P>

Besides Simms and his backup, who was the only other Giant to throw a pass in the '86 season?</P>

Rutledge was the BU...</P>

Tony Galbreadth threw a pass.....</P>

YATittle1962
12-17-2010, 11:33 AM

*</P>

it was Kubiak yes.......

as for Simms back up.....pretty sure it wasnt Hoss because I think he watched that game from the stands ....I remember reading something about how he wasnt even on the sidelines......

so it must have been Rutledge....

....and that pass was actually to Simms was it not?......and he dropped it.....

I want to say Galbreath?.........

....or am I confusing two different situations Zim?

GameTime
12-17-2010, 11:41 AM

</P>

it was Kubiak yes....... as for Simms back up.....pretty sure it wasnt Hoss because I think he watched that game from the stands ....I remember reading something about how he wasnt even on the sidelines...... so it must have been Rutledge.... ....and that pass was actually to Simms was it not?......and he dropped it..... I want to say Galbreath?......... ....or am I confusing two different situations Zim?</P>

you are correct....Rutledge was the BU and Galbreath threw a pass</P>

zimonami
12-17-2010, 12:43 PM

</P>

it was Kubiak yes....... as for Simms back up.....pretty sure it wasnt Hoss because I think he watched that game from the stands ....I remember reading something about how he wasnt even on the sidelines...... so it must have been Rutledge.... ....and that pass was actually to Simms was it not?......and he dropped it..... I want to say Galbreath?......... ....or am I confusing two different situations Zim?</P>

you are correct....Rutledge was the BU and Galbreath threw a pass</P>

</P>

yup... Good job Game Timeand YA.</P>

I think I might have asked this same question a few hundred pages ago, YA.</P>

jmike
12-18-2010, 11:24 AM
In 1995 the NY Giants suffered through a 5-11 season, but the Stadium managed to see the 2nd largest crowd ever, why?

And what date? This record was broken in 2009.

allentown PA
12-18-2010, 12:23 PM
In 1995 the NY Giants suffered through a 5-11 season, but the Stadium managed to see the 2nd largest crowd ever, why?

And what date?* This record was broken in 2009.

The night they retired number 11...I have no clue what the date was.

YATittle1962
12-18-2010, 04:50 PM

And what date?* This record was broken in 2009.

in 95 the Pope was there......I remember that....didnt know it was broken in 2009

couldnt have been a football game I know that

jmike
12-18-2010, 11:17 PM

And what date? This record was broken in 2009.

in 95 the Pope was there......I remember that....didnt know it was broken in 2009

couldnt have been a football game I know that

You are right. It was broken by the U2 concert.

jomo
12-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Did you know that I just got home from the game and needed to be around friends?</P>

Rough day followed by a very long ride.</P>

Did you know that if the Pats beat the Pack tonight and we follow that up with a win in Green Bay next week we lock down a wild card playoff slot?</P>

Go Blue!</P>

allentown PA
12-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Did you know that* I just got home from the game and needed to be around friends?</P>

*Rough day followed by a very long ride.</P>

Did you know that if the Pats beat the Pack tonight and we follow that up with a win in Green Bay next week we lock down a wild card playoff slot?</P>

Go Blue!</P>

im with u jomo...u got any triva questions to help take our minds off what happened today???

jomo
12-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Did you know that I just got home from the game and needed to be around friends?</P>

Rough day followed by a very long ride.</P>

Go Blue!</P> im with u jomo...u got any triva questions to help take our minds off what happened today???Tough for me to focus on anything but the Pat vs Packers right now but I am sure some of our friends here will help us out.

jax5338
12-19-2010, 09:02 PM
who is the only player to return a punt return TD as time expired in regulation? [:(]

dont answer that, but it will be a trivia question for years to come unfortunately.

rbcarpenter
12-19-2010, 11:28 PM
who is the only player to return a punt return TD as time expired in regulation? [:(]

dont answer that, but it will be a trivia question for years to come unfortunately.
didn't westbrook do it to us in 2003?

YATittle1962
12-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Did you know that* I just got home from the game and needed to be around friends?</P>

*Rough day followed by a very long ride.</P>

Go Blue!</P>

I was there as well jomo........my heart is heavy my friend....

my heart is heavy

YATittle1962
12-19-2010, 11:35 PM

didn't westbrook do it to us in 2003?

he did rbc.....but I believe there was time left on the clock

bigblue2212
12-19-2010, 11:37 PM
there was..he received the punt with 1:34 left with the giants up 10-7

rbcarpenter
12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
there was..he received the punt with 1:34 left with the giants up 10-7i'm sorry,but there is no way there was 1:34 on the clock in that 2003 game when westbrook took the punt back....it was either 16 or 14 seconds...you're right,ya,there was 2 or 3 seconds left,i vaugley remember a kickoff runback that didn't come close to working-bigblue2212,if you can find a click-able link,or refer me to something that shows it,i'll believe you;but i'm sorry i think you're way off on the time frame.

YATittle1962
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM
there was..he received the punt with 1:34 left with the giants up 10-7i'm sorry,but there is no way there was 1:34 on the clock in that 2003 game when westbrook took the punt back....it was either 16 or 14 seconds...you're right,ya,there was 2 or 3 seconds left,i vaugley remember a kickoff runback that didn't come close to working-bigblue2212,if you can find a click-able link,or refer me to something that shows it,i'll believe you;but i'm sorry i think you're way off on the time frame.

pretty sure there was well under a minute left

SEC105
12-20-2010, 05:01 PM
pretty sure there was well under a minute left</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjbBvJHsIko</P>

Is this the one you guys are talking about?</P>

Tough to post today...........I'm still stunned. Be okay byWednesday....maybe Thursday. It was aLOOOOONNG ride home last night</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-20-2010, 06:09 PM
pretty sure there was well under a minute left</P>

Tough to post today...........I'm still stunned. Be okay by*Wednesday....maybe Thursday. It was a*LOOOOONNG ride home last night</P>

Z</P>\

yeah thats the one...

I guess rbc and I were wrong.....I could have sworn there was less time.....maybe it just felt that way...

ok heres one......not sure if I have asked this here before....if I have forgive me....

the fumble play has been coming up lately because of yesterdays debacle......it made me think of this.....

when coaching the Jets...what was coach Herm Edwards pre game ritual before every home game?

bigblue2212
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM

just saw this now..felt like it was later, but yeah the giants had the ball after that..collins hit toomer for 20-something up to eagles territory, and then the drive stalled on a 4th and 4? 4th and short something in that range..heartbreaking..but not as bad as yesterday

rbcarpenter
12-20-2010, 08:09 PM

just saw this now..felt like it was later, but yeah the giants had the ball after that..collins hit toomer for 20-something up to eagles territory, and then the drive stalled on a 4th and 4? 4th and short something in that range..heartbreaking..but not as bad as yesterdayah,just looked it up myself...it was ONE MINUTE and 16 seconds,not 16 seconds,my bad...5 demerits for me![:(]

zimonami
12-20-2010, 08:27 PM

Tough to post today...........I'm still stunned. Be okay byWednesday....maybe Thursday. It was aLOOOOONNG ride home last night</P>

Z</P>

\ yeah thats the one... I guess rbc and I were wrong.....I could have sworn there was less time.....maybe it just felt that way... ok heres one......not sure if I have asked this here before....if I have forgive me.... the fumble play has been coming up lately because of yesterdays debacle......it made me think of this..... when coaching the Jets...what was coach Herm Edwards pre game ritual before every home game?</P>

He walked the route he took with the fumble... the bum.</P>

I'm a very unhappy camper. This was way worse than The Fumble because we were going nowhere with that '78 team.</P>

I think this game will be the gut check for us... and, I think we have the guys with character to turn this into a positive. We'll see this week. Outplayed them for 52 minutes. Those last 8 minutes had to be a nightmarish blur for the players. When do the gods give the Giants a miracle finish against those fikthy birds??? Always seems we are on the wrong side of it.</P>

YATittle1962
12-20-2010, 09:32 PM

Tough to post today...........I'm still stunned. Be okay by*Wednesday....maybe Thursday. It was a*LOOOOONNG ride home last night</P>

Z</P>

\ yeah thats the one... I guess rbc and I were wrong.....I could have sworn there was less time.....maybe it just felt that way... ok heres one......not sure if I have asked this here before....if I have forgive me.... the fumble play has been coming up lately because of yesterdays debacle......it made me think of this..... when coaching the Jets...what was coach Herm Edwards pre game ritual before every home game?</P>

I'm a very unhappy camper. This was way worse than The Fumble because we were going nowhere with that '78 team.</P>

I think this game will be the gut check for us... and, I think we have the guys with character to turn this into a positive. We'll see this week. Outplayed them for 52 minutes. Those last 8 minutes had to be a nightmarish blur for the players.* When do the gods give the Giants a miracle finish against those fikthy birds??? Always seems we are on the wrong side of it.</P>

thats it zim......he walked his Pisarcik path

in your opinion....do we bounce back this week zimmy.....or was the emotional drain to deep to rebound from in just one week?

zimonami
12-20-2010, 11:48 PM

Z</P>

I think this game will be the gut check for us... and, I think we have the guys with character to turn this into a positive. We'll see this week. Outplayed them for 52 minutes. Those last 8 minutes had to be a nightmarish blur for the players. When do the gods give the Giants a miracle finish against those fikthy birds??? Always seems we are on the wrong side of it.</P>

thats it zim......he walked his Pisarcik path in your opinion....do we bounce back this week zimmy.....or was the emotional drain to deep to rebound from in just one week?</P>

Honestly, YA... after 50 years of watching the Giants, I have a decent feel for the pulse of their character. I think this is a bounce back team. I think they'll recognize that they have the talent to do exactly what they need to do, as they were doing yesterday until a number of brain farts struck. They're always shooting themselves in the foot, but I think they have the character and maturity to learn from this and to come back strong. Guys seem to be able to correct their mistakes... Bradshaw hasn'e been fumbling; Eli needed a turnover free game and delivered; Jacobs has a new attitude; The O-line is getting healthier; The D played great until that last 8 minute meltdown. Everyone lost their concentration, maybe thinking the lead was insurmountable.</P>

I think Dodge has a good future... but, his nerves are killing us this rookie year. That last punt was nerves. He didn't have to rush it, but his brain panics... he should be ok these last 2 regular season games, but he'll need some valium in the playoffs.</P>

One more first down in the <U>second-to-last possession</U> and we win, even with their comeback. Hagan's inexperience cost us a possible completion. If we get it, we're just about FG range, we use more clock... they can score againand we still win, 34-31, and the last punt with 14 seconds left doesn't happen because we would have used that time after a first down.</P>

The special teams coaching on the on-sides kick was as bad as Dodge's mistake. How do you NOT antici[pate an onside kick there?????? </P>

But, again, this team learns from their mistakes. We've run the gammut of mistakes this year... INT's off of tipped passes, fumbles by Bradshaw; brain freezes by Eli on bad pass decisions,and a half-asped slide for a costly fumble. I think it's corrected.</P>

</P>

I don't think this meltdown, and beating ourselves happens again this season. A team will have to outplay us to beat us.</P>

YATittle1962
12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
in 1962.....the day before the NFL championship game between the Green Bay Packers and the New York Football Giants......

......what happened at a Knicks game that is indirectly credited with the release of something like 18,000 tickets to non season ticket holders to the next days game?

SEC105
12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
in 1962.....the day before the NFL championship game between the Green Bay Packers and the New York Football Giants...... ......what happened at a Knicks game that is indirectly credited with the release of something like 18,000 tickets to non season ticket holders to the next days game?</P>

No idea YA..........but Iam sure looking forward to the answer! Did the Knicks game end really late or something?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
in 1962.....the day before the NFL championship game between the Green Bay Packers and the New York Football Giants...... ......what happened at a Knicks game that is indirectly credited with the release of something like 18,000 tickets to non season ticket holders to the next days game?</P>

You're killing me, YA. I was 16, and I remember this happening... I'm a Knick's fan, too...but I can't remember a single detail.</P>

YATittle1962
12-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I had a chance to talk to my uncle a couple nights ago .my dads brother who is 81.......him being in town for the holidays we got to chatting about the old days.......

he told me that the night before the 62 championship game he was at the Knicks game and during a close Knick game the whole place was chanting ...BEAT GREEN BAY...BEAT GREEN BAY......

he said a friend of his that worked for the NY Times...he said his name and I cant recall it.....told him that after hearing that the league made thousands of tickets immediately available for non season ticket holders......and they sold out

Uncle Tony was there as a season ticket holder.....

I thought that was fascinating

ny06
12-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I had a chance to talk to my uncle a couple nights ago .my dads brother who is 81.......him being in town for the holidays we got to chatting about the old days....... he told me that the night before the 62 championship game he was at the Knicks game and during a close Knick game the whole place was chanting ...BEAT GREEN BAY...BEAT GREEN BAY...... he said a friend of his that worked for the NY Times...he said his name and I cant recall it.....told him that after hearing that the league made thousands of tickets immediately available for non season ticket holders......and they sold out Uncle Tony was there as a season ticket holder..... I thought that was fascinating</P>

Good Stuff [Y]</P>

SEC105
12-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I had a chance to talk to my uncle a couple nights ago .my dads brother who is 81.......him being in town for the holidays we got to chatting about the old days....... he told me that the night before the 62 championship game he was at the Knicks game and during a close Knick game the whole place was chanting ...BEAT GREEN BAY...BEAT GREEN BAY...... he said a friend of his that worked for the NY Times...he said his name and I cant recall it.....told him that after hearing that the league made thousands of tickets immediately available for non season ticket holders......and they sold out Uncle Tony was there as a season ticket holder..... I thought that was fascinating</P>

Good Stuff [Y]</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_OWaItN</P>

great stuff!!</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-22-2010, 09:59 PM

Good Stuff [Y]</P>

</P>

great stuff!!</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-23-2010, 12:49 AM

Good Stuff [Y]</P>

</P>

great stuff!!</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Thank you, YA. Now I remember that, but didn't remember that there were that many tix made available. it would be cool to know how many of those 18,000 became full-time season ticket owners.</P>

YATittle1962
12-23-2010, 11:02 AM

Good Stuff [Y]</P>

</P>

great stuff!!</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Thank you, YA.* Now I remember that, but didn't remember that there were that many tix made available. it would be cool to know how many of those 18,000 became full-time season ticket owners.</P>

yeah that would be cool to know huh???

Im looking forward to the next couple days....ill get to pick uncle Tonys brain a bit more about the old days.....

he has this story about meeting Charlie Conerly outside the Concourse Plaza Hotel that I cant remember the details to.....I was there with him and my dad but I have zero recollection of it....it was in '59 I think......I was like 6 or 7

I want to get the details of tha one and many others to share with you guys....

uncle T is like the gateway to the stories of the 40s and 50s to me.........he was a rabid fan back then ...and I owe a good amount of what I know about the Giants to him

ny06
12-23-2010, 11:04 AM
YA when did you become a mod?</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
12-23-2010, 12:42 PM

*</P>

actually everything became final today.....

Im honored and proud

zimonami
12-23-2010, 04:16 PM

</P>

actually everything became final today..... Im honored and proud</P>

WTG, YA. They needed a new Mod to mod this DYK thread... you, know, there's so much bad stuff going on here. :)</P>

yeah, back then the Concouse Plaze was home to most of the guys, and some of the wives. Uncle Tony is a relic... probably forgot more than we'll ever know. He and aunt Jean surely bumped into each other at Yankee Stadium in the hustle and bustle of the crowd.</P>

YATittle1962
12-23-2010, 04:24 PM

*</P>

WTG, YA. They needed a new Mod to mod this DYK thread... you, know, there's so much bad stuff going on here. :)</P>

yeah, back then the Concouse Plaze was home to most of the guys, and some of the wives.* Uncle Tony is a relic... probably forgot more than we'll ever know. He and aunt Jean surely bumped into each other at Yankee Stadium in the hustle and bustle of the crowd.</P>

heck yeah zimmy......you better watch yourself....starting all that trouble around here......

I may have to take action....hahahahha....

yeah uncle T is a trip......as he was leaving my house the other night he shook my hand hard as hell like he always has and said to me.......there will never be another Giant like Joe Morrison.......I agreed with him and said ill see ya Friday uncle T......

he is a trip.....cant wait to hear more stories.....the guy still lives for his "football Giants" as he refers to them every time he mentions them.......

we were sitting around....me uncle T and my son and I said to my son....uncle Tony used to go see the Giants at the Polo Grounds......and uncle T says....you kiddin...I still got splinters in my ***....

speaking of Joe Morrison........

mot TDs he had in a season?

and what year?

I was kinda surprised

rbcarpenter
12-23-2010, 04:38 PM
YA when did you become a mod?</p>

</p>

actually everything became final today..... Im honored and proud</p>

WTG, YA. They needed a new Mod to mod this DYK thread... you, know, there's so much bad stuff going on here. :)</p>

yeah, back then the Concouse Plaze was home to most of the guys, and some of the wives. Uncle Tony is a relic... probably forgot more than we'll ever know. He and aunt Jean surely bumped into each other at Yankee Stadium in the hustle and bustle of the crowd.</p>

heck yeah zimmy......you better watch yourself....starting all that trouble around here......

yeah uncle T is a trip......as he was leaving my house the other night he shook my hand hard as hell like he always has and said to me.......there will never be another Giant like Joe Morrison.......I agreed with him and said ill see ya Friday uncle T......

he is a trip.....cant wait to hear more stories.....the guy still lives for his "football Giants" as he refers to them every time he mentions them.......

we were sitting around....me uncle T and my son and I said to my son....uncle Tony used to go see the Giants at the Polo Grounds......and uncle T says....you kiddin...I still got splinters in my ***....

and what year?

I was kinda surprised11 total td's in 1969

<font size="6">congratulations on becoming a mod!what a great xmas gift!!!![&lt;:o)]</font>

YATittle1962
12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
YA when did you become a mod?</p>

*</p>

actually everything became final today..... Im honored and proud</p>

WTG, YA. They needed a new Mod to mod this DYK thread... you, know, there's so much bad stuff going on here. :)</p>

yeah, back then the Concouse Plaze was home to most of the guys, and some of the wives.* Uncle Tony is a relic... probably forgot more than we'll ever know. He and aunt Jean surely bumped into each other at Yankee Stadium in the hustle and bustle of the crowd.</p>

and what year?

I was kinda surprised11 total td's in 1969

<font size="6">congratulations on becoming a mod!what a great xmas gift!!!![<:o)]</font>

thanks brother

its an honor and a privilege

...and you are right on the Morrison question.....

I thought that was a lot of TDs for an all purpose type guy like he was

SEC105
12-23-2010, 04:50 PM

</P>

yeah, back then the Concouse Plaze was home to most of the guys, and some of the wives. Uncle Tony is a relic... probably forgot more than we'll ever know. He and aunt Jean surely bumped into each other at Yankee Stadium in the hustle and bustle of the crowd.</P>

heck yeah zimmy......you better watch yourself....starting all that trouble around here...... I may have to take action....hahahahha.... yeah uncle T is a trip......as he was leaving my house the other night he shook my hand hard as hell like he always has and said to me.......there will never be another Giant like Joe Morrison.......I agreed with him and said ill see ya Friday uncle T...... he is a trip.....cant wait to hear more stories.....the guy still lives for his "football Giants" as he refers to them every time he mentions them....... we were sitting around....me uncle T and my son and I said to my son....uncle Tony used to go see the Giants at the Polo Grounds......and uncle T says....you kiddin...I still got splinters in my ***.... speaking of Joe Morrison........ mot TDs he had in a season? and what year? I was kinda surprised11 total td's in 1969

<FONT size=6>congratulations on becoming a mod!what a great xmas gift!!!![&lt;:o)]</FONT>

</P>

Congrats Y.A. .....................our fearlessleader and Captain of DYK</P>

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/TheBradfordExchangeOnline/replatformOverlays?layer=comp&amp;wid=460&amp;hei=460&amp;fmt= jpeg,rgb&amp;qlt=76,1&amp;op_sharpen=0&amp;resMode=bilin&amp;op_us m=0.5,2.0,0,0&amp;iccEmbed=0&amp;$collection_opac=99&amp;$prod uct_id=49110</P>

Merry Christmas to ALL of the Gang</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-23-2010, 04:55 PM
I love seeing Joe's name in the Ring Of Honor at the new Giants Stadium</P>

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VFYuAlZ9trY/TCDthmVBYyI/AAAAAAAACfs/SmDgBfn3bYI/s1600/1967+Joe+Morrison.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I love seeing Joe's name in the Ring Of Honor at the new Giants Stadium</P>

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VFYuAlZ9trY/TCDthmVBYyI/AAAAAAAACfs/SmDgBfn3bYI/s1600/1967+Joe+Morrison.jpg</P>

Z</P>

he was a bruiser....one tough SOB

just a straight up football player.....