PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

SEC105
12-23-2010, 05:07 PM
I love seeing Joe's name in the Ring Of Honor at the new Giants Stadium</P>

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VFYuAlZ9trY/TCDthmVBYyI/AAAAAAAACfs/SmDgBfn3bYI/s1600/1967+Joe+Morrison.jpg</P>

Z</P>

he was a bruiser....one tough SOB just a straight up football player.....</P>

That he was.........played 1959 - 1972 just thinking about his career and what transpired during his playing days is amazing when you think about. ALWAYS gave his best effort</P>

A True Giant</P>

Z</P>

jints10
12-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Congrats on the mod thing YA, They made a good choice</P>

zimonami
12-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Congrats Y.A. .....................our fearlessleader and Captain of DYK</P>

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/TheBradfordExchangeOnline/replatformOverlays?layer=comp&amp;wid=460&amp;hei=460&amp;fmt= jpeg,rgb&amp;qlt=76,1&amp;op_sharpen=0&amp;resMode=bilin&amp;op_us m=0.5,2.0,0,0&amp;iccEmbed=0&amp;$collection_opac=99&amp;$prod uct_id=49110</P>

Merry Christmas to ALL of the Gang</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Great pic, SEC. The old Studebaker in red and blue...</P>

Merry Christmas to all the peeps on DYK, and congrats to our own fearless leader, YA.... Mod for Life.</P>

jomo
12-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Congrats Y.A. .....................our fearlessleader and Captain of DYK</P>

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/TheBradfordExchangeOnline/replatformOverlays?layer=comp&amp;wid=460&amp;hei=460&amp;fmt= jpeg,rgb&amp;qlt=76,1&amp;op_sharpen=0&amp;resMode=bilin&amp;op_us m=0.5,2.0,0,0&amp;iccEmbed=0&amp;$collection_opac=99&amp;$prod uct_id=49110</P>

Merry Christmas to ALL of the Gang</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Great pic, SEC. The old Studebaker in red and blue...</P>

Merry Christmas to all the peeps on DYK, and congrats to our own fearless leader, YA.... Mod for Life.</P>Honored to be here YA.

YATittle1962
12-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Happy Holidays to all my DYK brothers.....

my gift wish is....I hope we see a lot of this
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5564/rogers.jpg

byron
12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Hey all wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!! I love reading your thread YA ..and congrats YA no doubt you will be a great Mod </P>

Byron</P>

ny06
12-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Happy Holidays too everyone on this thread. </P>

Let's Go Giants.....</P>

rbcarpenter
12-24-2010, 10:13 PM
<font size="6"><font color="#006400">merry christmas to all on the dyk thread...you're the best!safe and happy holidays!!!!
</font></font>

allentown PA
12-26-2010, 09:19 AM
hope everyone had a merry christmas

keyofgmen
12-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Happy Holidays to all my DYK brothers.....

my gift wish is....I hope we see a lot of this
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5564/rogers.jpg

Just saw you are a Mod now YA! Congrats...I think!? LOL
Good Luck!!

jomo
12-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Happy Holidays to all my DYK brothers..... my gift wish is....I hope we see a lot of this http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5564/rogers.jpg Just saw you are a Mod now YA! Congrats...I think!? LOL Good Luck!!LOL, Mod sounds like one of those thankless jobs filled by special people.</P>

May your gift wish come true again and again and.................</P>

zimonami
12-26-2010, 05:26 PM
They just mentioned YA Tittle's team record 36 TD passes in '63.</P>

Who was his backup, and did he throw any TD passes that season?</P>

jomo
12-26-2010, 06:51 PM

Who was his backup, and did he throw any TD passes that season?</P>Was it Connerly?

zimonami
12-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Was it Connerly?</P>

Not Connerly, jomo</P>

jomo
12-26-2010, 08:05 PM

Was it Connerly?</P>

Not Connerly, jomo</P>How about Guglielmi out of Notre Dame?

zimonami
12-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Was it Connerly?</P>

Not Connerly, jomo</P>

How about Guglielmi out of Notre Dame?</P>

You've got the first letter of the last name correct.</P>

jomo
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM

Was it Connerly?</P>

Not Connerly, jomo</P>

You've got the first letter of the last name correct.</P>You got me on this one Zim. I can name 20 or more guys on that team but not the backup QB. There has to be someone out there who knows. Heck YA should know who was carrying the clip board for him.

zimonami
12-27-2010, 04:36 PM

Was it Connerly?</P>

Not Connerly, jomo</P>

You got me on this one Zim. I can name 20 or more guys on that team but not the backup QB. There has to be someone out there who knows. Heck YA should know who was carrying the clip board for him.</P>

No one else has taken a shot... I'll wait a while longer and post the answer later. Yeah, probably YA is the only one who would know this. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been looking upour stats in '63</P>

jomo
12-27-2010, 04:59 PM

Was it Connerly?</P>

Not Connerly, jomo</P>

You got me on this one Zim. I can name 20 or more guys on that team but not the backup QB. There has to be someone out there who knows. Heck YA should know who was carrying the clip board for him.</P>

No one else has taken a shot... I'll wait a while longer and post the answer later.* Yeah, probably YA is the only one who would know this.* I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been looking up*our stats in '63</P>I thought for sure that Guglielmi played for that team. Maybe he hadn't arrived yet?

Footballfav
12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
ron johnson 71,72

YATittle1962
12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I think you guys are talking about Griffing (sp)......

Im not sure if he even threw a TD that season

zimonami
12-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I think you guys are talking about Griffing (sp)...... Im not sure if he even threw a TD that season</P>

hoooray for YA!</P>

Glynn Griffing. He threw 3 TD passes that season... think he threw 28 total passes for the season... musta been while YA was tending to some wounds.</P>

jomo
12-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Glynn Griffing, wow! I woul have never gotten that one.

Footballfav
12-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Frank gifford,alex webster,ron johnson,doug kotar,larry zonka,billy taylor,rob carpenter,leon bright,joe morris,rodney hampton,jarrod bunch,tyrone weatley,gordon bell,lewis tillman,dave megget,charlie way,ron dayne,tiki barber,earth,wind and fire,danny ware!!!

YATittle1962
12-27-2010, 08:32 PM
I think you guys are talking about Griffing (sp)...... Im not sure if he even threw a TD that season</P>

hoooray for YA!</P>

Glynn Griffing.* He threw 3 TD passes that season... think he threw 28 total passes for the season... musta been while YA was tending to some wounds.</P>

you know the whole time I was thinking Gary Wood..........and for some reason connected him with Griffing and typed it........when the whole time I meant Wood.....

wow....the ole mind is doing strange things....

got that right completely by accident

gotta love when that happens

there is a NFL football game tomorrow night...Tuesday night

when was the last time an NFL game was played on a Tuesday night?

.......and what team that played that night beat the NY Football Giants twice that very year?

Z

allentown PA
12-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Frank gifford,alex webster,ron johnson,doug kotar,larry zonka,billy taylor,rob carpenter,leon bright,joe morris,rodney hampton,jarrod bunch,tyrone weatley,gordon bell,lewis tillman,dave megget,charlie way,ron dayne,tiki barber,earth,wind and fire,danny ware!!!

nice work...wtf

allentown PA
12-27-2010, 08:36 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Glynn Griffing.* He threw 3 TD passes that season... think he threw 28 total passes for the season... musta been while YA was tending to some wounds.</P>

you know the whole time I was thinking Gary Wood..........and for some reason connected him with Griffing and typed it........when the whole time I meant Wood.....

.......and what team that played that night beat the NY Football Giants twice that very year?

Z

no clue what date..but i'm pretty sure the giants were one of the teams playing...Im gonna guess 1947

YATittle1962
12-27-2010, 09:46 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Z

no clue what date..but i'm pretty sure the giants were one of the teams playing...Im gonna guess 1947

I think Im mixing up two different games here...... disregard the second half of the question

:)

jomo
12-27-2010, 09:53 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

ZGary Wood I know, Glynn Griffing, not. lol

SEC105
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Glynn Griffing. He threw 3 TD passes that season... think he threw 28 total passes for the season... musta been while YA was tending to some wounds.</P>

you know the whole time I was thinking Gary Wood..........and for some reason connected him with Griffing and typed it........when the whole time I meant Wood..... wow....the ole mind is doing strange things.... got that right completely by accident gotta love when that happens there is a NFL football game tomorrow night...Tuesday night when was the last time an NFL game was played on a Tuesday night? .......and what team that played that night beat the NY Football Giants twice that very year? ZGary Wood I know, Glynn Griffing, not. lol</P>

Glynn Griffing @ Chicago in the 1963 Championship game</P>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/468B595E-2A03-4D91-9958-9C0FD6A1C850/U1407038.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-28-2010, 09:35 PM
</P>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/468B595E-2A03-4D91-9958-9C0FD6A1C850/U1407038.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Where do you find this stuff, SEC? ... nice job.</P>

jomo
12-28-2010, 09:39 PM
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Where do you find this stuff, SEC? ... nice job.</P>Now I recognize him! LOL

jomo
12-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Looking at the previous picture reminds me of a question I've been wanting to ask. I always remember the bears wearing black with the orange trim. Their current (and recent past) uniforms have been deep blue with the orange trim. Am I remembering **** Butkus in black and white, thus the black jerseys or have the bears tweaked their colors over the past few decades?

YATittle1962
12-28-2010, 11:01 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

you know the whole time I was thinking Gary Wood..........and for some reason connected him with Griffing and typed it........when the whole time I meant Wood..... wow....the ole mind is doing strange things.... got that right completely by accident gotta love when that happens there is a NFL football game tomorrow night...Tuesday night when was the last time an NFL game was played on a Tuesday night? .......and what team that played that night beat the NY Football Giants twice that very year? ZGary Wood I know, Glynn Griffing, not. lol</P>

Z</P>

that picture is amazing!!!!

where do you find these?

zimonami
12-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Looking at the previous picture reminds me of a question I've been wanting to ask. I always remember the bears wearing black with the orange trim. Their current (and recent past) uniforms have been deep blue with the orange trim. Am I remembering **** Butkus in black and white, thus the black jerseys or have the bears tweaked their colors over the past few decades?</P>

The bears have pretty much always been a dark navy blue jersey with ornage and black stripes on the sleeve and a black helmet. Their uniform rarely changes over the years. The jersies look black, but they're dark navy blue.</P>

jmike
12-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Looking at the previous picture reminds me of a question I've been wanting to ask. I always remember the bears wearing black with the orange trim. Their current (and recent past) uniforms have been deep blue with the orange trim. Am I remembering **** Butkus in black and white, thus the black jerseys or have the bears tweaked their colors over the past few decades?</p>

The bears have pretty much always been a dark navy blue jersey with ornage and black stripes on the sleeve and a black helmet. Their uniform rarely changes over the years. The jersies look black, but they're dark navy blue.</p>

I think at one point they had a white "C" on the side of the helmet, not an orange "C".

zimonami
12-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Looking at the previous picture reminds me of a question I've been wanting to ask. I always remember the bears wearing black with the orange trim. Their current (and recent past) uniforms have been deep blue with the orange trim. Am I remembering **** Butkus in black and white, thus the black jerseys or have the bears tweaked their colors over the past few decades?</P>

The bears have pretty much always been a dark navy blue jersey with ornage and black stripes on the sleeve and a black helmet. Their uniform rarely changes over the years. The jersies look black, but they're dark navy blue.</P>

I think at one point they had a white "C" on the side of the helmet, not an orange "C".
</P>

kee-rect, jm.</P>

SEC105
12-29-2010, 04:20 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Z</P>

that picture is amazing!!!! where do you find these?</P>

Thanks.....as a very young kid.....I have nothing in my memory about Charlie Connerly or Ralph Gugliemei for that matter , playing QB for Giants. I know plenty from reading and hearing about "ChuckinCharlie" Connerly. Anyways I always recalled Griffing going in for YA in that game. The shock from my Dad when he said Y.A. is hurt! First time I ever saw anotherGiant play QB besides Y. A. Title......quite a shock at the time for me</P>

notice what Glynn Griffing is wearing on his feet </P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 04:26 PM
yeah SEC he is rocking some Chuck Taylors.....love it....

can you name the players who caught Griffings 3 TD passes in 1963 on his clean up duty ?

ny06
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
yeah SEC he is rocking some Chuck Taylors.....love it.... can you name the players who caught Griffings 3 TD passes in 1963 on his clean up duty ?</P>

Is Homer Jones one of them?</P>

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
yeah SEC he is rocking some Chuck Taylors.....love it.... can you name the players who caught Griffings 3 TD passes in 1963 on his clean up duty ?</P>

nope....

they were actually never on the team together....

Griffing was a Giant in '63...and homer came in '64

ny06
12-29-2010, 04:34 PM

nope.... they were actually never on the team together.... Griffing was a Giant in '63...and homer came in '64</P>

opps my mistake</P>

SEC105
12-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Just guessing YA......don't remember G.Griffing's clean up duty.....but I'll venture a guess [:D]</P>

Del Shofner , Aaron Thomas and Joe Morrison</P>

Z</P>

keyofgmen
12-29-2010, 04:36 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Z</P>

Thanks.....as a very young kid.....I* have nothing in my memory about Charlie Connerly or Ralph Gugliemei for that matter , *playing QB for Giants. I know plenty from reading and hearing about "Chuckin*Charlie" Connerly.**** Anyways I always recalled Griffing going in for YA in that game. The shock from my Dad when he said Y.A. is hurt!** First time I ever saw another*Giant play QB besides Y. A. Title......quite a shock at the time for me</P>

Z</P>

Note no names on jerseys. What was 1st year Giants put names on jerseys?

SEC105
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM

</P>

Good guess though NY06</P>

Here's to "Homer"</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/501/784/jones_display_image.jpg?1289680181</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Z</P>

Thanks.....as a very young kid.....I* have nothing in my memory about Charlie Connerly or Ralph Gugliemei for that matter , *playing QB for Giants. I know plenty from reading and hearing about "Chuckin*Charlie" Connerly.**** Anyways I always recalled Griffing going in for YA in that game. The shock from my Dad when he said Y.A. is hurt!** First time I ever saw another*Giant play QB besides Y. A. Title......quite a shock at the time for me</P>

Z</P>

pretty sure it was part of the merger in 1970 key......one of the things the AFL brought to the table....

and SEC....Shofner caught one of Griffings TDS

SEC105
12-29-2010, 04:52 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Z</P>

Thanks.....as a very young kid.....I have nothing in my memory about Charlie Connerly or Ralph Gugliemei for that matter , playing QB for Giants. I know plenty from reading and hearing about "ChuckinCharlie" Connerly. Anyways I always recalled Griffing going in for YA in that game. The shock from my Dad when he said Y.A. is hurt! First time I ever saw anotherGiant play QB besides Y. A. Title......quite a shock at the time for me</P>

Z</P>

Note no names on jerseys. What was 1st year Giants put names on jerseys? pretty sure it was part of the merger in 1970 key......one of the things the AFL brought to the table.... and SEC....Shofner caught one of Griffings TDS</P>

YA.....how about Phil King and Joe Walton as the others who caught Griffings TDs?</P>

Z</P>

keyofgmen
12-29-2010, 04:53 PM

hoooray for YA!</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

pretty sure it was part of the merger in 1970 key......one of the things the AFL brought to the table....

and SEC....Shofner caught one of Griffings TDS

Think you are correct YA, as I looked footage from 69 of several "NFL" teams and see no names. I do remember well Fran having his name on jersey at Yankee Stadium, so had to be 70 or 71.

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 04:54 PM
wasnt Walton or King SEC......

I loved Phil King by the way....

you guys remember his nickname?

jomo
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
wasnt Walton or King SEC...... I loved Phil King by the way.... you guys remember his nickname?Chief?

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
wasnt Walton or King SEC...... I loved Phil King by the way.... you guys remember his nickname?Chief?

nailed it

keyofgmen
12-29-2010, 05:07 PM
wasnt Walton or King SEC......

I loved Phil King by the way....

you guys remember his nickname?

I don't remember King, but I do remember my father, even years after he left, calling for "The Big Chief". Wow, just now do I realize of whom he spoke.

jomo
12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
wasnt Walton or King SEC...... I loved Phil King by the way.... you guys remember his nickname?Chief? nailed itOut of the dark recesses of my brain. My dad was a huge Phil King fan and I seem to recall him telling me that. Now what did I have for breakfast today? lol

SEC105
12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
wasnt Walton or King SEC...... I loved Phil King by the way.... you guys remember his nickname?</P>

Well Y.A.....................I have no shortage of names lol How about my man Frank and Big Red</P>

16 and 29?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 05:10 PM
wasnt Walton or King SEC...... I loved Phil King by the way.... you guys remember his nickname?</P>

Well Y.A.....................I have no shortage of names** lol*** How about my man Frank and Big Red</P>

16** and** 29?</P>

Z</P>

hahahahaha.....

Shofner caught one and Giff caught two

all in garbage time of games where we held big leads

jomo
12-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Finish this string: Mo, Ro, Kat and....?

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 09:00 PM

Robustelli?

jmike
12-29-2010, 09:45 PM

Robustelli?

Pat?

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 10:51 PM

Robustelli?

Pat?

sounds like he was naming the D line

Modzelewski
Rosey Grier
Katcavage

thats why I Robustelli.....

jomo....where you at?

jomo
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Finish this string: Mo, Ro, Kat and....? Robustelli?

Pat?
sounds like he was naming the D line Modzelewski Rosey Grier Katcavage thats why I Robustelli..... jomo....where you at? That's it YA.The missing piece along that defensivefrontwas Greer........ andit was some kind of special defensive front. </P>

I always used Ro with Robustelli but I defer to someone here who believes the Greer was the rightful owner of the nickname Ro.</P>

YATittle1962
12-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Pat?
sounds like he was naming the D line Modzelewski Rosey Grier Katcavage thats why I Robustelli..... jomo....where you at? That's it YA.*The missing piece along that defensive*front*was Greer........ and*it was some kind of special defensive front. </P>

I always used Ro with Robustelli but I defer to someone here who believes the Greer was the rightful owner of the nickname Ro.</P>

I believe the rightful owner of the nickname "Ro"......is the NY Giants message boards own.....RoanokeFan

;)

jomo
12-30-2010, 06:58 PM

Pat?
sounds like he was naming the D line Modzelewski Rosey Grier Katcavage thats why I Robustelli..... jomo....where you at? That's it YA.The missing piece along that defensivefrontwas Greer........ andit was some kind of special defensive front. </P>

I always used Ro with Robustelli but I defer to someone here who believes the Greer was the rightful owner of the nickname Ro.</P> I believe the rightful owner of the nickname "Ro"......is the NY Giants message boards own.....RoanokeFan ;)Can't argue with that one Mr. Mod. [Y]

byron
12-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey guys I'm in a crazy mood tonight...You know we will either make the playoffs or not..but I want our boysto get win this weekend and end this season on a high note!!! ... so here's to kicking some redskins *** this weekend!!... Go Giants !!!</P>

Have a Happy New Year guys ..don't drink and drive ...you know besafe!!</P>

</P>

</P>

ny06
12-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey guys I'm in a crazy mood tonight...You know we will either make the playoffs but I want our boysto get win this weekend and end this season on a high note!!! ... so here's to kicking some redskins *** this weekend!!... Go Giants !!!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Same to you byron</P>

Let's Go Giants...</P>

jomo
12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey guys I'm in a crazy mood tonight...You know we will either make the playoffs but I want our boysto get win this weekend and end this season on a high note!!! ... so here's to kicking some redskins *** this weekend!!... Go Giants !!!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Same to you byron</P>

Let's Go Giants...</P>

That's right, all DYK participants know that New Year's Eve is amateur's night. It's a great night to settle in with friends (Giants' fans) and stay off the roads. Go Blue!!</P>

zimonami
12-30-2010, 11:07 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Same to you byron</P>

Let's Go Giants...</P>

That's right, all DYK participants know that New Year's Eve is amateur's night. It's a great night to settle in with friends (Giants' fans) and stay off the roads. Go Blue!!</P>

</P>

Happy New years Byron, 06, and jomo. Yeah... be smart and be safe.</P>

The Gmen ruined the end of my Christmas weekend. Let's hope the end of this one, and the beginning of a new year, starts right with a W.</P>

jomo
12-30-2010, 11:34 PM
[Y][Y]

</P>

</P>

</P>

Same to you byron</P>

Let's Go Giants...</P>

</P>

Happy New years Byron, 06, and jomo. Yeah... be smart and be safe.</P>

The Gmen ruined the end of my Christmas weekend. Let's hope the end of this one, and the beginning of a new year, starts right with a W.</P>[Y]

jmike
12-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey guys I'm in a crazy mood tonight...You know we will either make the playoffs but I want our boysto get win this weekend and end this season on a high note!!! ... so here's to kicking some redskins *** this weekend!!... Go Giants !!!</p>

Have a Happy New Year guys ..don't drink and drive ...you know besafe!!</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Same to you byron</p>

Let's Go Giants...</p>

That's right, all DYK participants know that New Year's Eve is amateur's night. It's a great night to settle in with friends (Giants' fans) and stay off the roads. Go Blue!!</p>

Unfortunately some of us are going to be wandering the streets because we are working.

jomo
12-31-2010, 12:14 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Same to you byron</P>

Let's Go Giants...</P>

Unfortunately some of us are going to be wandering the streets because we are working.
Then enjoy the evening and know we are there in spirit with you. Happy New Year JMike!

jmike
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Hey guys I'm in a crazy mood tonight...You know we will either make the playoffs but I want our boysto get win this weekend and end this season on a high note!!! ... so here's to kicking some redskins *** this weekend!!... Go Giants !!!</p>

Have a Happy New Year guys ..don't drink and drive ...you know besafe!!</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Same to you byron</p>

Let's Go Giants...</p>

That's right, all DYK participants know that New Year's Eve is amateur's night. It's a great night to settle in with friends (Giants' fans) and stay off the roads. Go Blue!!</p>

Then enjoy the evening and know we are there in spirit with you. Happy New Year JMike!

Thanks it should be fun and it's always good money.

rbcarpenter
12-31-2010, 08:20 AM
happy new year to all of dyk...be safe![&lt;:o)]

jomo
12-31-2010, 10:07 AM
happy new year to all of dyk...be safe![&lt;:o)]
Thanks rbc and all the best of the new year to you and yours! [:D]

YATittle1962
12-31-2010, 11:05 AM
all my DYK family be safe tonight and enjoy whatever festivities you are attending.....

another year is gone....and I enjoyed every minute of sharing it with you guys.....

all of you bring me joy like you may never know........its truly fantastic.......

Happy New Year

when was the last time our NY Giants played on New Years Eve.......Dec 31?

bonus question.....

2 ex Giants scored on us that day....who were they?

zimonami
12-31-2010, 11:53 AM
all my DYK family be safe tonight and enjoy whatever festivities you are attending..... another year is gone....and I enjoyed every minute of sharing it with you guys..... all of you bring me joy like you may never know........its truly fantastic....... Happy New Year when was the last time our NY Giants played on New Years Eve.......Dec 31? bonus question..... 2 ex Giants scored on us that day....who were they?</P>

This is a puzzler, YA... can't remember any on New year's Eve except back 5-6 years ago against Oakland. Randy Moss got us for a few TD's but don't think any ex Giants did.</P>

Everyone have a great New years and be safe if you're driving.</P>

DYK is still strong and is coming up on 2 years in about 3 months... Thank you, YA [B]</P>

lttaylor56
12-31-2010, 12:07 PM
all my DYK family be safe tonight and enjoy whatever festivities you are attending..... another year is gone....and I enjoyed every minute of sharing it with you guys..... all of you bring me joy like you may never know........its truly fantastic....... Happy New Year when was the last time our NY Giants played on New Years Eve.......Dec 31? bonus question..... 2 ex Giants scored on us that day....who were they?<FONT color=#ff0000>Happy</FONT> <FONT color=#0000ff>New </FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>York</FONT> <FONT color=#0000ff>Giants</FONT> <FONT color=#ff0000>New</FONT> <FONT color=#0000ff>Years</FONT> to Everyone!! Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011.

lttaylor56
12-31-2010, 12:29 PM
all my DYK family be safe tonight and enjoy whatever festivities you are attending..... another year is gone....and I enjoyed every minute of sharing it with you guys..... all of you bring me joy like you may never know........its truly fantastic....... Happy New Year when was the last time our NY Giants played on New Years Eve.......Dec 31? bonus question..... 2 ex Giants scored on us that day....who were they?</P>

This is a puzzler, YA... can't remember any on New year's Eve except back 5-6 years ago against Oakland. Randy Moss got us for a few TD's but don't think any ex Giants did.</P>

DYK is still strong and is coming up on 2 years in about 3 months... Thank you, YA [B]</P>Dec 31, 2005 We beat the Raiders in Oakland 30-21. Our former QB, Kerry Collins,was playing for the Raiders. Collins threw two td passes to Randy Moss, 1 td pass to Gabriel, Janikowski completed extra points for all three td's. Who was the other Giant?

YATittle1962
12-31-2010, 12:35 PM

DYK is still strong and is coming up on 2 years in* about 3 months... Thank you, YA* [B]</P>Dec 31, 2005 We beat the Raiders in Oakland 30-21.* Our former QB, Kerry Collins,*was playing for the Raiders.* Collins threw two td passes to Randy Moss, 1 td pass to Gabriel, Janikowski completed extra points for all three td's.* Who was the other Giant?

well guys.....I botched another one.......

it was a fine question until I decided to put in the bonus.....

Kerry was the only ex Giant to score.....

my punishment is.....no asking or answering another question in this great thread until NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys .........doing a little too much celebrating lately ....if you know what I mean....

lttaylor56
12-31-2010, 12:53 PM

DYK is still strong and is coming up on 2 years in about 3 months... Thank you, YA [B]</P>Dec 31, 2005 We beat the Raiders in Oakland 30-21. Our former QB, Kerry Collins,was playing for the Raiders. Collins threw two td passes to Randy Moss, 1 td pass to Gabriel, Janikowski completed extra points for all three td's. Who was the other Giant? well guys.....I botched another one....... it was a fine question until I decided to put in the bonus..... Kerry was the only ex Giant to score..... my punishment is.....no asking or answering another question in this great thread until NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!! sorry guys .........doing a little too much celebrating lately ....if you know what I mean....Your POSITIVE EFFORTS overshadow this minor oversight. No need for self-castigation. Many a great man's best work has originated from a mind in the state of celebration...if you know what I mean.

allentown PA
12-31-2010, 04:00 PM
everyone have a safe and happy new year's eve.

benched
12-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Have a safe night folks. May the New Year be successful for all in many ways.

keyofgmen
01-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Happy New Year to all DYK folks.

Remember January Superbowls?

What was date of earliest SB game? Who won?

allentown PA
01-01-2011, 12:26 PM
go bears!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!

britishblue2
01-01-2011, 12:50 PM
go bears!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!! + 1. Lets go !!!

lttaylor56
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Happy New Year to all DYK folks. Remember January Superbowls? What was date of earliest SB game? Who won?Jan 11, 1970 KC over Vikes 23-7.</P>

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history</P>

jomo
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Happy New Year to all DYK folks. Remember January Superbowls? What was date of earliest SB game? Who won?I am thinking it was Super Bowl IV. If that is correct, the game was won by the Chiefs.

keyofgmen
01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Happy New Year to all DYK folks. Remember January Superbowls? What was date of earliest SB game? Who won?Jan 11, 1970 KC over Vikes 23-7.</P>

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history</P>

There was one earlier

lttaylor56
01-01-2011, 01:23 PM

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history</P> There was one earlierAH, Good One. Jan 9, 1977 Oakland over vikes 32-14. Dam, Vikes went alot. 70, 74, 75,77

keyofgmen
01-01-2011, 01:31 PM

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history</P> There was one earlierAH, Good One.* Jan 9, 1977 Oakland over vikes 32-14.* Dam, Vikes went alot. 70, 74, 75,77

Yup.
And since I was a huge F Tarkenton fan then, I rooted for Vikes, but, of course, he couldn't win "the big one".

ny06
01-01-2011, 06:22 PM
<H1 style="MARGIN: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 12px"><FONT size=3>“When you're angry, you're grinding at what you're doing all week. You pay attention. Sometimes when you feel good about yourself, you don't cross a few T's.”</FONT></H1>
<P style="MARGIN: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 12px"></P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 12px"><FONT size=3>Who said this quote?</FONT></P>

rbcarpenter
01-01-2011, 06:55 PM
this kind of sounds to me like something shula might say,but maybe it was landry.

ny06
01-01-2011, 06:56 PM
this kind of sounds to me like something shula might say,but maybe it was landry.
</P>

Good guess but sorry not either of them. </P>

Hint. It was a formerplayer</P>

britishblue2
01-01-2011, 06:58 PM
it was LT

ny06
01-01-2011, 07:02 PM
it was LT</P>

good guess britishblue2, but not him </P>

britishblue2
01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
it was LT</P>

good guess britishblue2, but not him </P> Either Tiki or Simms

ny06
01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
it was LT</P>

Either Tiki or <FONT color=#0000ff>Simms</FONT></P>

correct [Y]</P>

britishblue2
01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
it was LT</P>

correct [Y]</P> Whoohooo 1 for 3, i feel like ELI !!

ny06
01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
it was LT</P>

correct [Y]</P>

Whoohooo 1 for 3, i feel like ELI !!</P>

lol</P>

zimonami
01-03-2011, 07:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>

Caught you at the end, YA ...lol</P></BLOCKQUOTE>

YATittle1962
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM

I dont follow zimmy......help and old fart out

zimonami
01-03-2011, 08:51 PM

I dont follow zimmy......help and old fart out</P>

lol, YA... in the Giant MB/ESPN picks. I was behind you all season, and caught you this last week.Of course, if you're like me, you are doomed to get all the Giant losses wrong. I have never picked against us in over 40 years of 'betting pools'. There were times I lost the pools because I refused to pick against us. I guess that's stubborn fanaticism</P>

jomo
01-03-2011, 09:00 PM

I dont follow zimmy......help and old fart out</P>

lol, YA... in the Giant MB/ESPN picks. I was behind you all season, and caught you this last week.Of course, if you're like me, you are doomed to get all the Giant losses wrong. I have never picked against us in over 40 years of 'betting pools'. There were times I lost the pools because I refused to pick against us. I guess that's stubborn fanaticism</P>I am the same way; never ever pick against theMen in Blueand that is why I don't bet big money on football games. It needs to be throw away change or I'm not doing it.

YATittle1962
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
ok....
first thing that comes to mind when I say this name....

Clyde Simmons

....and I just saw that you passed me this weak zim....

you sneaky *******

ny06
01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
ok.... first thing that comes to mind when I say this name.... Clyde Simmons ....and I just saw that you passed me this weak zim.... you sneaky *******</P>

Didn't he block a fieldgoal and run it into the endzone</P>

YATittle1962
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
ok.... first thing that comes to mind when I say this name.... Clyde Simmons ....and I just saw that you passed me this weak zim.... you sneaky *******</P>

LT blocked it and he picked it up and ran it in.......I shed a tear

ny06
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM

LT blocked it and he picked it up and ran it in.......I shed a tear</P>

Hell of a player</P>

YATittle1962
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM

Hell of a player</P>

he was scary

him and then Reggie on the other side......

whoa.....tough years

ny06
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Hell of a player</P>

he was scary him and then Reggie on the other side...... whoa.....tough years</P>

Don't forget the late Jerome Brown.</P>

</P>

zimonami
01-03-2011, 11:29 PM

I've said it before... sometimes we're reminded about plays that I don't want to remember... this was one of them... I shed tears, too.</P>

SEC105
01-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Well lets cheer things up a bit..................this past Sunday @ Washington ,Mario Manningham had the 3rd longest TD reception in Giants history. What former Giant has the second longest TD reception in history? [Not Homer Jones]</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Well lets cheer things up a bit..................this past Sunday @ Washington ,*Mario Manningham had the 3rd longest TD reception in Giants history. What former Giant has the second longest TD reception in history? [Not Homer Jones]</P>

Z</P>

Ill take a stab in the dark

Del Shofner?

SEC105
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Well lets cheer things up a bit..................this past Sunday @ Washington ,Mario Manningham had the 3rd longest TD reception in Giants history. What former Giant has the second longest TD reception in history? [Not Homer Jones]</P>

Z</P>

Ill take a stab in the dark Del Shofner?</P>

Good guess Y. A.....but it was not Del. Not a well known Giant in history but I'm sure his name will ring a bell when it's posted</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Well lets cheer things up a bit..................this past Sunday @ Washington ,*Mario Manningham had the 3rd longest TD reception in Giants history. What former Giant has the second longest TD reception in history? [Not Homer Jones]</P>

Z</P>

Good guess Y. A.....but it was not Del.*** Not a well known Giant in history but I'm sure his name will ring a bell when it's posted</P>

Z</P>

Homer has the longest right?

I think I remember the play you are talking about.....but cannot remember his name.....

happened in the early 70s possibly?

SEC105
01-04-2011, 05:13 PM

Z</P>

Good guess Y. A.....but it was not Del. Not a well known Giant in history but I'm sure his name will ring a bell when it's posted</P>

Z</P>

Homer has the longest right? I think I remember the play you are talking about.....but cannot remember his name..... happened in the early 70s possibly?</P>

Yes it was the early 70's and Norm Snead threw it. Homer has the longest at 98 yards. This one was for 94 yards</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM

Z</P>

Good guess Y. A.....but it was not Del.*** Not a well known Giant in history but I'm sure his name will ring a bell when it's posted</P>

Z</P>

Homer has the longest right? I think I remember the play you are talking about.....but cannot remember his name..... happened in the early 70s possibly?</P>

Yes it was the early 70's and Norm Snead threw it. Homer has the longest at 98 yards. This one was for 94 yards</P>

Z</P>

im totally stumped on this one...

zimmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

allentown PA
01-04-2011, 06:30 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

don herrmann?????

rbcarpenter
01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
walker gillette?

keyofgmen
01-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

Great question..I had to look it up, so I won't give it away. I never would have got this.

YATittle1962
01-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

Great question..I had to look it up, so I won't give it away. I never would have got this.

really looking forward to the answer......

hope SEC waits to see if zimmy pops in......that cat will sometimes pull answers like this out from under the cobwebs .........

;) I kid zimmy i kid

jmike
01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
I do believe it is Rich Houston.

ny06
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM
</P>

I must ask did you look that up?</P>

No way did you pick that name out of thin air. </P>

But if you did congrats..</P>

YATittle1962
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
</P>

I have to be honest.....I only remember him as a return man......cant recall him catching one pass........

SEC105
01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
</P>

I have to be honest.....I only remember him as a return man......cant recall him catching one pass........</P>

It was him vs Dallas @ Yankee Stadium 1972 We lost</P>

Wonder if Zim remembers it</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-05-2011, 11:23 AM
</P>

I have to be honest.....I only remember him as a return man......cant recall him catching one pass........</P>

It was him*** vs Dallas @ Yankee Stadium* 1972*** We lost</P>

Wonder if Zim remembers it</P>

Z</P>

wow it actually was him?

would have never known that

Roswell777
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
First off, congrats to you YA on your upgraded status. It is well deserved.

Quick one for you guys...probably an easy one, too but some of the younger guys might not know it....

In the 60s an AFL team had a WR that played with one eye. Name the player and the team.

YATittle1962
01-05-2011, 12:14 PM
First off, congrats to you YA on your upgraded status.* It is well deserved.

Quick one for you guys...probably an easy one, too but some of the younger guys might* not know it....

In the 60s an AFL team had a WR that played with one eye.* Name the player and the team.

great to see you Ros....and thank you for the kind words....

I think I know who you are talking about.....but did who you are speaking of literally have one eye ......or was he legally blind in one eye?

SEC105
01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
First off, congrats to you YA on your upgraded status. It is well deserved.

Quick one for you guys...probably an easy one, too but some of the younger guys might not know it....

In the 60s an AFL team had a WR that played with one eye. Name the player and the team.

great to see you Ros....and thank you for the kind words.... I think I know who you are talking about.....but did who you are speaking of literally have one eye ......or was he legally blind in one eye?</P>

Pretty sure Ros is talking about KC Chiefs TE Fred Arbanas......Great player</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/57741084c89587a75827529250647d57f033cad8.jpg?x=208 &amp;y=267&amp;sig=4a6aa7d0f5c1840870b5ff1fd53d955f</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
during the 1986 season.....who was the oldest active RB in the NFL?

I actually liked him very much

rbcarpenter
01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
rocky blier?franco harris?

zimonami
01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
during the 1986 season.....who was the oldest active RB in the NFL? I actually liked him very much</P>

Wow, YA... there were 4 older, still pretty effective backs that Giant SB year. Tony Galbreath with our Gmen, Tony Doresett, Walter Peyton, and Mike Pruitt with the Chiefs. They were all around 32,33... but, I don't know which was the oldest.</P>

I would have guessed Walker Gillette on the WR question.</P>

Good to see you Ros!</P>

Key was back, too!! </P>

</P>

YATittle1962
01-05-2011, 07:39 PM
during the 1986 season.....who was the oldest active RB in the NFL? I actually liked him very much</P>

Wow, YA... there were 4 older, still pretty effective backs that Giant SB year.* Tony Galbreath with our Gmen, Tony Doresett, Walter Peyton, and Mike Pruitt with the Chiefs.* They were all around 32,33... but, I don't know which was the oldest.</P>

Good to see you Ros!</P>

Key was back, too!! </P>

*</P>

I was watching a DVD of the Giants Redskins home game in '86.......
they put up a graphic.....and Al Michaels said that.....

at 32 Tony Galbreath was the oldest active RB in the league....

jmike
01-05-2011, 09:28 PM
</p>

I must ask did you look that up?</p>

No way did you pick that name out of thin air. </p>

But if you did congrats..</p>

Didn't pick it out of thin air, I knew the answer. Good memory for answers I get wrong in the past.

jomo
01-05-2011, 09:33 PM

Wow, YA... there were 4 older, still pretty effective backs that Giant SB year. Tony Galbreath with our Gmen, Tony Doresett, Walter Peyton, and Mike Pruitt with the Chiefs. They were all around 32,33... but, I don't know which was the oldest.</P>

Good to see you Ros!</P>

Key was back, too!! </P>

</P> I was watching a DVD of the Giants Redskins home game in '86....... they put up a graphic.....and Al Michaels said that..... at 32 Tony Galbreath was the oldest active RB in the league....DYK that was the night the Mets won the World Series.

ny06
01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
</P>

Didn't pick it out of thin air, I knew the answer. Good memory for answers I get wrong in the past.
</P>

Sure you did [;)]</P>

congrats</P>

YATittle1962
01-05-2011, 09:55 PM

Wow, YA... there were 4 older, still pretty effective backs that Giant SB year.* Tony Galbreath with our Gmen, Tony Doresett, Walter Peyton, and Mike Pruitt with the Chiefs.* They were all around 32,33... but, I don't know which was the oldest.</P>

Good to see you Ros!</P>

Key was back, too!! </P>

*</P> I was watching a DVD of the Giants Redskins home game in '86....... they put up a graphic.....and Al Michaels said that..... at 32 Tony Galbreath was the oldest active RB in the league....DYK that was the night the Mets won the World Series.

you know I saw a Mets banner in the background hanging over the blue wall and thought it was strange....but never put the two together.....

zimonami
01-06-2011, 12:05 AM
</P>

</P>

Sure you did [;)]</P>

congrats</P>

</P>

gotta back jmike here... we did discuss this before, and I couldn't remember Houston... thought it was walker Gillette, who was the answer to another WR question.</P>

jmike
01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
</p>

I must ask did you look that up?</p>

No way did you pick that name out of thin air. </p>

But if you did congrats..</p>

</p>

Sure you did [;)]</p>

congrats</p>

</p>

gotta back jmike here... we did discuss this before, and I couldn't remember Houston... thought it was walker Gillette, who was the answer to another WR question.</p>

Thank you Zim. Nice to know some men around here will still defend a girl's honor.

rbcarpenter
01-06-2011, 07:14 AM
during the 1986 season.....who was the oldest active RB in the NFL? I actually liked him very much</p>

Wow, YA... there were 4 older, still pretty effective backs that Giant SB year. Tony Galbreath with our Gmen, Tony Doresett, Walter Peyton, and Mike Pruitt with the Chiefs. They were all around 32,33... but, I don't know which was the oldest.</p>

I would have guessed Walker Gillette on the WR question.</p>

Good to see you Ros!</p>

Key was back, too!! </p>

</p> I was watching a DVD of the Giants Redskins home game in '86....... they put up a graphic.....and Al Michaels said that..... at 32 Tony Galbreath was the oldest active RB in the league....DYK that was the night the Mets won the World Series.i thought it was game 6 that night.

zimonami
01-06-2011, 10:45 AM
</P>

</P>

Sure you did [;)]</P>

congrats</P>

</P>

gotta back jmike here... we did discuss this before, and I couldn't remember Houston... thought it was walker Gillette, who was the answer to another WR question.</P>

Thank you Zim. Nice to know some men around here will still defend a girl's honor.
</P>

lol... No problem, jmike... it's always a pleasure to take the side of the Devil with the Red Dress.</P>

As soon as I read the question I was sure we had had it before... either directly or as an add-on info toa Homer Jones 98 yarder question. But, I couldn't remember that it was Rich Houston... Gillette's name came into my brain... that's where your young brain has the advantage.</P>

:)</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
01-06-2011, 10:47 AM
</P>

Didn't pick it out of thin air, I knew the answer.* Good memory for answers I get wrong in the past.
</P>

Sure you did [;)]</P>

congrats</P>

</P>

Thank you Zim.* Nice to know some men around here will still defend a girl's honor.
</P>

lol... No problem, jmike... it's always a pleasure to take the side of the Devil with the Red Dress.</P>

As soon as I read the question I was sure we had had it before... either directly or as an add-on info to*a Homer Jones 98 yarder question.* But, I couldn't remember that it was Rich Houston... Gillette's name came into my brain... that's where your young brain has the advantage.</P>

:)</P>

*</P>

I have no recollection of this guy ever catching a pass.....strictly remember him as a return man......and not a very good one

;)

YATittle1962
01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
what season was this?
.....and where the hell were our LB?
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9166/dsc00149a.jpg

Roswell777
01-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes it was Fred Arbanas. I have no idea why his name popped into my head the other day, but it did. Maybe I was watching Seabiscuit, I think Chris Cooper kept saying that Toby Macquire was blind in one eye, not sure...

But to get back to Tony Galbreath, I think he wore #30. A also number worn by Dave Meggett.

How many other Giants can you name that wore the #30?

Roswell777
01-06-2011, 11:06 AM
what season was this?
.....and where the hell were our LB?
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9166/dsc00149a.jpg

I don't know the year, but I remember Apuna being Hawaiian. I also remember it was LT who took Skorupan's job, so it had to be before 81...

ny06
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
what season was this? .....and where the hell were our LB? http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9166/dsc00149a.jpg</P>

1980?</P>

ny06
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Yes it was Fred Arbanas. I have no idea why his name popped into my head the other day, but it did. Maybe I was watching Seabiscuit, I think Chris Cooper kept saying that Toby Macquire was blind in one eye, not sure...

But to get back to Tony Galbreath, I think he wore #30. A also number worn by Dave Meggett.

How many other Giants can you name that wore the #30?

</P>

Brian Mitchell, Mike Cloud</P>

YATittle1962
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
what season was this? .....and where the hell were our LB? http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9166/dsc00149a.jpg</P>

1980?</P>

slam dunk....

boy ...we had a ton of injuries that season.....

I think we had like 16 players on IR that season

ny06
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM

1980?</P>

slam dunk.... boy ...we had a ton of injuries that season..... I think we had like 16 players on IR that season</P>

Wasen't Carson on IR that year?</P>

YATittle1962
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM

1980?</P>

slam dunk.... boy ...we had a ton of injuries that season..... I think we had like 16 players on IR that season</P>

if memory serves me correctly ...yeah....

ny06
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM

1980?</P>

if memory serves me correctly ...yeah....</P>

I bet Van Pelt still gave it his all every game</P>

YATittle1962
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM

1980?</P>

he was on fire out there basically by himself....

ny06
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM

1980?</P>

he was on fire out there basically by himself....</P>

I would of loved to have seen him play. </P>

He sounds like he left it all on the field.</P>

jomo
01-06-2011, 06:19 PM

1980?</P>

He sounds like he left it all on the field.</P>He was amazing, an all world safety at Michigan State. He made the number 10 legendary up there as a safety. When he came to the NFL, he was so affiliated with the #10 that the NFL allowed him to wear a "non-approved" number at linebacker.

YATittle1962
01-06-2011, 06:28 PM

1980?</P>

He sounds like he left it all on the field.</P>He was amazing, an all world safety at Michigan State. He made the number 10 legendary up there as a safety. When he came to the NFL, he was so affiliated with the #10 that the NFL allowed him to wear a "non-approved" number at linebacker.

you know the reason why they allowed him to wear #10?

zimonami
01-06-2011, 06:39 PM

1980?</P>

He was amazing, an all world safety at Michigan State. He made the number 10 legendary up there as a safety. When he came to the NFL, he was so affiliated with the #10 that the NFL allowed him to wear a "non-approved" number at linebacker. you know the reason why they allowed him to wear #10?</P>

"I know... I know" ,little Johnniescreams from the back of the classroom, waving his hand frantically</P>

Nahh! YA knows that I know, so we'll leave this to others.</P>

This is one jmike won't know, unless she has seen it on here before (it is a repeat!)</P>

rbcarpenter
01-06-2011, 08:13 PM
what season was this? .....and where the hell were our LB? http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9166/dsc00149a.jpg</p>

1980?</p>

slam dunk.... boy ...we had a ton of injuries that season..... I think we had like 16 players on IR that season</p>

Wasen't Carson on IR that year?</p>

if memory serves me correctly ...yeah....</p>

I bet Van Pelt still gave it his all every game</p>

he was on fire out there basically by himself....</p>

I would of loved to have seen him play. </p>

He sounds like he left it all on the field.</p>

He was amazing, an all world safety at Michigan State. He made the number 10 legendary up there as a safety. When he came to the NFL, he was so affiliated with the #10 that the NFL allowed him to wear a "non-approved" number at linebacker. you know the reason why they allowed him to wear #10?</p>

"I know... I know" ,little Johnniescreams from the back of the classroom, waving his hand frantically</p>

Nahh! YA knows that I know, so we'll leave this to others.</p>

This is one jmike won't know, unless she has seen it on here before (it is a repeat!)</p>wasn't he also listed at another position(back-up kicker or something)that allowed him to keep the # 10?

jints10
01-06-2011, 08:18 PM

1980?</P>

He was amazing, an all world safety at Michigan State. He made the number 10 legendary up there as a safety. When he came to the NFL, he was so affiliated with the #10 that the NFL allowed him to wear a "non-approved" number at linebacker. you know the reason why they allowed him to wear #10?</P>

"I know... I know" ,little Johnniescreams from the back of the classroom, waving his hand frantically</P>

Nahh! YA knows that I know, so we'll leave this to others.</P>

This is one jmike won't know, unless she has seen it on here before (it is a repeat!)</P>

wasn't he also listed at another position(back-up kicker or something)that allowed him to keep the # 10?
</P>

Yep he was the backup kicker</P>

</P>

jmike
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
what season was this? .....and where the hell were our LB? http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9166/dsc00149a.jpg</p>

1980?</p>

slam dunk.... boy ...we had a ton of injuries that season..... I think we had like 16 players on IR that season</p>

Wasen't Carson on IR that year?</p>

if memory serves me correctly ...yeah....</p>

I bet Van Pelt still gave it his all every game</p>

he was on fire out there basically by himself....</p>

I would of loved to have seen him play. </p>

He sounds like he left it all on the field.</p>

He was amazing, an all world safety at Michigan State. He made the number 10 legendary up there as a safety. When he came to the NFL, he was so affiliated with the #10 that the NFL allowed him to wear a "non-approved" number at linebacker. you know the reason why they allowed him to wear #10?</p>

"I know... I know" ,little Johnniescreams from the back of the classroom, waving his hand frantically</p>

Nahh! YA knows that I know, so we'll leave this to others.</p>

This is one jmike won't know, unless she has seen it on here before (it is a repeat!)</p>

You are right, I had no clue.

ny06
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
What game was this?</P>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e5lgci.jpg</P>

jmike
01-06-2011, 10:40 PM
What game was this?</p>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e5lgci.jpg</p>

Looks like a Giants/Colts game. Is it a championship game?

ny06
01-06-2011, 11:16 PM
What game was this?</P>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e5lgci.jpg</P>

Looks like a Giants/Colts game. Is it a championship game?
</P>

Correct.</P>

Good Job.</P>

1958 championship game. </P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
What game was this?</p>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e5lgci.jpg</p>

Yankee Stadium, playoff bunting, Giants and Colts, hmmm, let me guess... ;)

ny06
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I was a 2 time pro bowler.</P>

2nd round draft choice. </P>

I was elected into the hall of fame 35 years after my retirement.</P>

Who am I?</P>

allentown PA
01-07-2011, 05:24 PM

Who am I?</P>

Jim Marshall??? not sure if he is even in though.

zimonami
01-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Who am I?</P>

Jim Marshall??? not sure if he is even in though.</P>

I couldn't think of anyone... but, you've got a dynamite guess here. I always liked Marshall.. sucka played 282 consecutive games at DE... Can't figure Feagles felt like his performance was equivalent in difficulty when he broke Marshall's record. I always thought he was drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.</P>

rbcarpenter
01-07-2011, 09:01 PM
ray nitchke?(spel)

ny06
01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
It is a former Giant. </P>

Good guess rbc, but it is not him. </P>

Maybe this picture will give you the answer</P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/nc1dtk.jpg</P>

ny06
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Who am I?</P>

Jim Marshall??? not sure if he is even in though.</P>

Good guess, but not Marshall. </P>

Marshall is not in the hall of fame, He should be</P>

allentown PA
01-07-2011, 09:24 PM

great trivia question NY im clueless

YATittle1962
01-07-2011, 09:39 PM

thats Tuffy Leemans

I had no idea what the answer was

rbcarpenter
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
got a good news and bad news kind of thing tonight,no trivia;

good news-i found my photos of the pittsburgh/giants game this summer,i'm really happy because they mean a lot to me.AND i just got the giants 10 greatest games on dvd from amazon for 24.99!!can't wait to start watching them.

bad news-my adopted college football team just got ROYALLY screwed by the refs,and it wound up costing them the national title...it will be a sad day in newark,de,tomorrow.

ny06
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM

thats Tuffy Leemans I had no idea what the answer was</P>

Correct</P>

Good job YA</P>

</P>

NYG 5
01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
on this day, 10 years ago, sehorn made the greatest pick six evar

zimonami
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM
on this day, 10 years ago, sehorn made the greatest pick six evar</P>

An easy one to keep in the video memory banks.</P>

allentown PA
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
on this day, 10 years ago, sehorn made the greatest pick six evar
great pick and a great day...when dixon took that kick to the house that was the loudest i ever heard the stadium.

rbcarpenter
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
what a fantastic day that was...winning the game without an offensive td,lol!

jomo
01-08-2011, 09:27 AM
on this day, 10 years ago, sehorn made the greatest pick six evarThat was a greatGiants momentbut as a non-fan of Sehorn's, I'll always remember him for the pants incident. That was just one of those things that you don't see very often, ......... kinda like Landeta whiffing on that punt in Chicago in 1985. lol

jmike
01-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Since the Giants drafted Mark Bavaro in the 4th round in 1985 the Giants have drafted only 13 TEs. Twice they have drafted 2 TEs in the same draft in that span. Can you name the 4 players?

allentown PA
01-09-2011, 06:21 PM
go packers

ny06
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Since the Giants drafted Mark Bavaro in the 4th round in 1985 the Giants have drafted only 13 TEs. Twice they have drafted 2 TEs in the same draft in that span. Can you name the 4 players?
</P>

The only draft I can think of when the Giants selected 2 tightends was in '92</P>

Derek Brown and Aaron Pierce</P>

zimonami
01-09-2011, 11:54 PM
</P>

The only draft I can think of when the Giants selected 2 tightends was in '92</P>

</P>

That's one more than I can remember. This is a tough one.</P>

YATittle1962
01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Since the Giants drafted Mark Bavaro in the 4th round in 1985 the Giants have drafted only 13 TEs.* Twice they have drafted 2 TEs in the same draft in that span.* Can you name the 4 players?
</P>

</P>

That's one more than I can remember. This is a tough one.</P>

this is tough......I got nothing.....

Im not proud

;)

rbcarpenter
01-10-2011, 12:00 PM
i thnk the year was 1988,both fairly low rounds,buit for the life of me i can't remember their names....

jints10
01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Just a guess but how about Howard Cross and Bob Morosko (sp)?

GameTime
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Dante Whitiker and Steve Wilkes...1988...</P>

the internet rules...:)</P>

rbcarpenter
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
at least i got the year right!

jmike
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Mrosko wasn't a draft pick. I believe they picked him up from the Oilers. Was cut or waived or something. Calloway was a plan B FA back then, but I don't think Mrosko made Plan B status.

Well done guys really. It was 1992 and 1988. Derek Brown/Aaron Pierce and Danta Whitaker/Steve Wilkes.

I was surprised by how few TEs the Giants have drafted in all that time. More surprising to me was they have only drafted 3 guards in the last decade.

Good draft site here http://www.drafthistory.com/

zimonami
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Mrosko wasn't a draft pick. I believe they picked him up from the Oilers. Was cut or waived or something. Calloway was a plan B FA back then, but I don't think Mrosko made Plan B status.

Well done guys really. It was 1992 and 1988. Derek Brown/Aaron Pierce and Danta Whitaker/Steve Wilkes.

I was surprised by how few TEs the Giants have drafted in all that time. More surprising to me was they have only drafted 3 guards in the last decade.

Good draft site here http://www.drafthistory.com/
</P>

and, only Pierce had made any real contributions to the team. Derek Brown is best forgotten as a brutally bad #1 pick.</P>

zimonami
01-10-2011, 01:50 PM

</P>

good work... not Giant household names.</P>

YATittle1962
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM

</P>

why do I have zero recollection of either of these guys playing for the Giants?

jints10
01-10-2011, 02:11 PM

</P>

why do I have zero recollection of either of these guys playing for the Giants?</P>

I vaguely remember Whitiker</P>

</P>

Did you guys hear about another bird kill this past weekend?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

53 dead Eagles were found on a field in Pennsylvania</P>

ny06
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dr5e14.jpg

GameTime
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM

</P>

why do I have zero recollection of either of these guys playing for the Giants?</P>

LOL...I am much better with research on the internet than remembering anything. When I saw these guys names I was like..."WHO"???</P>

never heard of them. </P>

</P>

SEC105
01-10-2011, 04:18 PM
What Giants Special teams player did Karl Nelson nickname "Crash" during the 1986 season?</P>

Z</P>

jmike
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
What Giants Special teams player did Karl Nelson nickname "Crash" during the 1986 season?</p>

Z</p>

Welsh?

allentown PA
01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
What Giants Special teams player did Karl Nelson nickname "Crash" during the 1986 season?</P>

Z</P>

Lee ruson

zimonami
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Wasn't this from a car incident in the parking lot? I remember the event , but not the player, but I'll guess Jerome Salley</P>

GameTime
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Terry Kinnard or Elvis Patterson??...</P>

rbcarpenter
01-10-2011, 07:15 PM
phil mcconkey...didn't he crash a helicopter in the navy?

SEC105
01-10-2011, 07:19 PM
None of the above gang......you'll will be quite shocked when you hear who it is. Think outside the box on this one</P>

hint: he broke his leg playing on STs in 86</P>

Z</P>

jomo
01-10-2011, 07:40 PM
None of the above gang......you'll will be quite shocked when you hear who it is. Think outside the box on this one</P>

hint: he broke his leg playing on STs in 86</P>

Z</P>I seem to recall Headen or Hunt breaking their leg though I can't say for sure it was in '86 or that it occured on ST. I will guess Andy Headen.

jints10
01-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Raul Allegre

jomo
01-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Raul AllegreThat rings a bell. C'mon SEC give us the answer, we've got a football game to watch! [:D]

SEC105
01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Raul AllegreThat rings a bell. C'mon SEC give us the answer, we've got a football game to watch! [:D]</P>

LOL Jomo we had a late dinner thus the suspense.....it was Jeff Hostetler. Miami had a guy who was a great special teamer back then. Think his name was Jim Jensen as I recall nicknamed "Crash'. Thats were Karl Nelson took the name "Crash" from.......it was a joke by Nelson but Hoss saw little humor in it lol</P>

Z</P>

jomo
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Raul AllegreThat rings a bell. C'mon SEC give us the answer, we've got a football game to watch! [:D]</P>

LOL Jomo we had a late dinner thus the suspense.....it was Jeff Hostetler. Miami had a guy who was a great special teamer back then. Think his name was Jim Jensen as I recall nicknamed "Crash'. Thats were Karl Nelson took the name "Crash" from.......it was a joke by Nelson but Hoss saw little humor in it lol</P>

Z</P>I do remember Hoss participating on special teams. He was a very good athlete for a QB in 1986. Enjoy the game!

SEC105
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Z</P>

I do remember Hoss participating on special teams. He was a very good athlete for a QB in 1986. Enjoy the game!</P>

You too my friend.......I'm rooting for Oregon Ducks in this one.....gotta love those uni's they come up with</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
http://www.goducks.com/fls/500/pages/general/1024x768-FBWP.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=500</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-10-2011, 09:42 PM

LOL** Jomo** we had a late dinner**** thus the suspense.....it was Jeff Hostetler.* Miami had a guy who was* a great special teamer back then. Think his name was Jim Jensen as I recall nicknamed "Crash'. Thats were Karl Nelson took the name "Crash" from.......it was a joke by Nelson but Hoss saw little humor in it**** *lol</P>

Z</P>I do remember Hoss participating on special teams. He was a very good athlete for a QB in 1986. Enjoy the game!

didnt Hoss block a punt that season.....?

I remember him running WR routes.....he actually had nice speed

ny06
01-10-2011, 09:54 PM

Z</P>

I do remember Hoss participating on special teams. He was a very good athlete for a QB in 1986. Enjoy the game! <FONT color=#0000ff>didnt Hoss block a punt that season</FONT>.....? I remember him running WR routes.....he actually had nice speed</P>

Yeah, against the Eagles</P>

SEC105
01-11-2011, 11:00 AM

Z</P>

I do remember Hoss participating on special teams. He was a very good athlete for a QB in 1986. Enjoy the game! <FONT color=#0000ff>didnt Hoss block a punt that season</FONT>.....? I remember him running WR routes.....he actually had nice speed</P>

</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/480/379/71157558_display_image.jpg?1288676593</P>

He was a good athlete [STs WR]......as I recall Parcels wanted to get thim on the field because of that and to keep his head and interest in the game Little did Hoss know what awaited in his future [:D]</P>

Z</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Raul AllegreThat rings a bell. C'mon SEC give us the answer, we've got a football game to watch! [:D]</p>

LOL Jomo we had a late dinner thus the suspense.....it was Jeff Hostetler. Miami had a guy who was a great special teamer back then. Think his name was Jim Jensen as I recall nicknamed "Crash'. Thats were Karl Nelson took the name "Crash" from.......it was a joke by Nelson but Hoss saw little humor in it lol</p>

Z</p>

I do remember Hoss participating on special teams. He was a very good athlete for a QB in 1986. Enjoy the game! <font color="#0000ff">didnt Hoss block a punt that season</font>.....? I remember him running WR routes.....he actually had nice speed</p>

Yeah, against the Eagles</p>

</p>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/480/379/71157558_display_image.jpg?1288676593</p>

He was a good athlete [STs WR]......as I recall Parcels wanted to get thim on the field because of that and to keep his head and interest in the game Little did Hoss know what awaited in his future [:D]</p>

Z</p>

For all you Hoss fans out there, make a point to watch the 1990 America's Game (http://www.hulu.com/watch/123677/americas-game-1990-new-york-giants#s-p4-so-i0). After Parcells benched him at halftime in a game in 1989, Hoss was very dispirited and soon after he requested a trade. In 1990 by week 7 he was ready to quit football. Between him and OJ, it's a very inspirational story to hold on to your dreams no matter how you think it's over.

ny06
01-11-2011, 01:15 PM

Z</P>

</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/480/379/71157558_display_image.jpg?1288676593</P>

He was a good athlete [STs WR]......as I recall Parcels wanted to get thim on the field because of that and to keep his head and interest in the game Little did Hoss know what awaited in his future [:D]</P>

Z</P>

For all you Hoss fans out there, make a point to watch the 1990 America's Game (http://www.hulu.com/watch/123677/americas-game-1990-new-york-giants#s-p4-so-i0). After Parcells benched him at halftime in a game in 1989, Hoss was very dispirited and soon after he requested a trade. In 1990 by week 7 he was ready to quit football. Between him and OJ, it's a very inspirational story to hold on to your dreams no matter how you think it's over.
</P>

I own that dvd, the 86 one too. </P>

Great stuff. </P>

You are right the Hostetler story and the OJ story were great. </P>

The perseverance from Hoss was amazing.</P>

And to see OJ tell Ingram and teamamtes that he will play in the superbowl in his home town of Tampa. </P>

</P>

jmike
01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.goducks.com/fls/500/pages/general/1024x768-FBWP.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=500</p>

Z</p>

Ok, I keep looking at this. But the only thing I can figure is somebody put the 5 on backwards for the guy on the far left.

zimonami
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.goducks.com/fls/500/pages/general/1024x768-FBWP.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=500</P>

Z</P>

Ok, I keep looking at this. But the only thing I can figure is somebody put the 5 on backwards for the guy on the far left.
</P>

The memory challenged old manhas toeducate the brilliant young lady? Didn't You Know?... that's a'funky' style'2', jmike.</P>

YATittle1962
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
when was the last time the Giants and Eagles both ended the season 10-6.......and the Giants missed the playoffs but the Eagles got into the tournament?

rbcarpenter
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
when was the last time the Giants and Eagles both ended the season 10-6.......and the Giants missed the playoffs but the Eagles got into the tournament?sorry,ya,too easy,1988.

YATittle1962
01-12-2011, 01:24 PM
when was the last time the Giants and Eagles both ended the season 10-6.......and the Giants missed the playoffs but the Eagles got into the tournament?sorry,ya,too easy,1988.

just keeping the juices flowing my man.....just keeping the juices flowing....

;)

rbcarpenter
01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
[D]

;)[D]

YATittle1962
01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
[D]

;)[D]

two olives please!

ny06
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Name this former Giant?</P>

http://i53.tinypic.com/3588gp0.jpg</P>

rbcarpenter
01-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Name this former Giant?</p>

http://i53.tinypic.com/3588gp0.jpg</p>even though he's wearing # 14,i don't think it's tittle...too much hair,lol!

ny06
01-12-2011, 02:54 PM

even though he's wearing # 14,i don't think it's tittle...too much hair,lol!
</P>

Not him lol</P>

I think this will stump many of you. </P>

He only played 1 year with the Giants. </P>

YATittle1962
01-12-2011, 02:58 PM

looks like George Shaw in the old Baltimore Colts days.....?

ny06
01-12-2011, 02:59 PM

looks like George Shaw in the old Baltimore Colts days.....?</P>

correct.</P>

Your good [Y]</P>

YATittle1962
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM

correct.</P>

Your good [Y]</P>

he went to 2 Championship games in a row as a back up for 2 different teams that were each in the game 2 years in a row.....did that make any sense?

hahahaha....

ny06
01-12-2011, 03:06 PM

correct.</P>

Your good [Y]</P>

he went to 2 Championship games in a row as a back up for 2 different teams that were each in the game 2 years in a row.....did that make any sense? hahahaha....</P>

gotcha [;)]</P>

jmike
01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.goducks.com/fls/500/pages/general/1024x768-FBWP.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=500</p>

Z</p>

</p>

The memory challenged old manhas toeducate the brilliant young lady? Didn't You Know?... that's a'funky' style'2', jmike.</p>
Doesn't remotely look like a 2. Tells you what importance they put on edumacating their athletes. Who cares if your 5 faces the right way so long as you can catch the ball.

jints10
01-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Who was the best Giants rusher when "Dr Zoom and the Sonic Boom" was still together?
Boston1 and 2 check them songs

jmike
01-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Who was the best Giants rusher when "Dr Zoom and the Sonic Boom" was still together?

Ok, that is just not fair! That requires knowledge beyond that involving the NY Giants. I call foul!

[:p]

jints10
01-13-2011, 01:48 AM

Ok, that is just not fair! That requires knowledge beyond that involving the NY Giants. I call foul!

all right search it on youtube come back and also tell us who is the big star in that band too

jmike
01-13-2011, 01:57 AM

all right search it on youtube come back and also tell us who is the big star in that band too

We aren't supposed to look stuff up on this thread. But I will guess Dr. Zoom. Maybe he can Zoom Zoom Zoom and a Boom Boom

jints10
01-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Dec 1980 John Lennon was killed, Who did the Giants play the next game and did they win? Where was the game held?

jints10
01-13-2011, 02:06 AM

We aren't supposed to look stuff up on this thread. But I will guess Dr. Zoom. Maybe he can Zoom Zoom Zoom and a Boom Boom

Looking up things is totally aloud just don't blurt out the answer if you do. It has always been a policy here, in fact you can answer the question just specify that you looked it up. Its encouraged look it up.

jints10
01-13-2011, 02:25 AM
In Dec. of 2000 who ran back a kick for a TD vs the Jags.? This one is for you Jmike

giantsfan420
01-13-2011, 02:26 AM
In Dec. of 2003 who ran back a kick for a TD vs the Jags.?**** This one is for you Jmike

wasn't it that wr project guy juan dixon?

giantsfan420
01-13-2011, 02:32 AM
In Dec. of 2003 who ran back a kick for a TD vs the Jags.?**** This one is for you Jmike

or tiki?

jints10
01-13-2011, 02:40 AM
In Dec. of 2003 who ran back a kick for a TD vs the Jags.? This one is for you Jmike

or tiki?
nope not either like the 420 though

giantsfan420
01-13-2011, 03:28 AM

or tiki?
nope not either like the 420 though******

can only think of one other return guy from around than think it was like william pondar or something

giantsfan420
01-13-2011, 03:31 AM

or tiki?
nope not either like the 420 though******

can only think of one other return guy from around than think it was like william pondar or something
i just remembered we signed a player from the skins i think too who was nasty at returns, mitchell?

jints10
01-13-2011, 06:50 AM
In Dec. of 2003 who ran back a kick for a TD vs the Jags.? This one is for you Jmike
wasn't it that wr project guy juan dixon? or tiki?
can only think of one other return guy from around than think it was like william pondar or something i just remembered we signed a player from the skins i think too who was nasty at returns, mitchell?</P>

Nopenot willie pounder or stump mitchell? It was an on sides kick attempt if that helps. Tom Coughlin was HC of the Jags at the time.</P>

sorry folks in my OP I stated 2003 it was 2000 um lets just say drinkie drinkie snow day.</P>

rbcarpenter
01-13-2011, 09:02 AM
can only think of one other return guy from around than think it was like william pondar or something i just remembered we signed a player from the skins i think too who was nasty at returns, mitchell?</p>

Nopenot willie pounder or stump mitchell? It was an on sides kick attempt if that helps. Tom Coughlin was HC of the Jags at the time.</p>

sorry folks in my OP I stated 2003 it was 2000 um lets just say drinkie drinkie snow day.</p>jason sehon on an onsides kick attempt.

YATittle1962
01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
they played the Redskins at home...it was a sad day .

pretty sure we lost......not positive without looking it up

EDIT: i remembered it wrong......it was an away game....just looked it up........

memories fade

not sure what happened to the quote....but im responding to the game after Lennons death question

SEC105
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
After Parcels [1983] tough first season 3-12-1 Rumors were flying that George Young was going to replace him with who?</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
After Parcels [1983] tough first season 3-12-1 Rumors were flying that George Young was going to replace him with who?</p>

Z</p>howard schnellenberger.

SEC105
01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
After Parcels [1983] tough first season 3-12-1 Rumors were flying that George Young was going to replace him with who?</P>

Z</P>

howard schnellenberger.
</P>

Thats him RBC who's he with in this pic?</P>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81346763.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 5ABF3343C02EA5488A19519367798B3755578FF9200C7A0031 15CB9955BE58A5</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
01-13-2011, 05:25 PM
After Parcels [1983] tough first season 3-12-1 Rumors were flying that George Young was going to replace him with who?</p>

Z</p>

howard schnellenberger.
</p>

Thats him RBC who's he with in this pic?</p>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81346763.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 5ABF3343C02EA5488A19519367798B3755578FF9200C7A0031 15CB9955BE58A5</p>

Z</p>jim kelly.

SEC105
01-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Z</P>

howard schnellenberger.
</P>

Thats him RBC who's he with in this pic?</P>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81346763.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 5ABF3343C02EA5488A19519367798B3755578FF9200C7A0031 15CB9955BE58A5</P>

Z</P>

jim kelly.
</P>

Thats him</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
01-13-2011, 06:07 PM

</P>

lol... it's been a while since we discussed the rules on here.</P>

You are free to look up any answer... just say you did. We'd rather get a looked up answer than no answer at all. If I don't know I'll usually wait several hours before looking it up... give time to someone who might be able to pull it out of their memory.</P>

jomo
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM

I will guess Tucker Frederickson and if I am correct, put an asterik next to it. I remember Tucker well but Dr. Zoom? I don't think so.</P>

You are free to look up any answer... just say you did. We'd rather get a looked up answer than no answer at all. If I don't know I'll usually wait several hours before looking it up... give time to someone who might be able to pull it out of their memory.</P>

jomo
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM

I will guess Tucker Frederickson and if I am correct, put an asterik next to it. I remember Tucker well but Dr. Zoom? I don't think so.</P>

zimonami
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
</P>

ditto[;)]</P>

jomo
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM

You are free to look up any answer... just say you did. We'd rather get a looked up answer than no answer at all. If I don't know I'll usually wait several hours before looking it up... give time to someone who might be able to pull it out of their memory.</P>I will guess Tucker Frederickson and if I am correct, place a technology assisted asterik next to my answer. I remember Tucker well, but Dr. Zoom???