PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

zimonami
02-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Which New York Giant beat former Cowboy bullet Bob Hayes in a 200 meter race? Henry Carr beat him at the Olympics didnt he? ...or maybe he almost did......not sure</P>

That sounds right.....Henry Carr was in the olympics First thought was Homer Jones but Ihadno recollection of those 2racing</P>

Z</P>

</P>

1964 Olympics... Bullet Bob won the 100m and a gold in the 4X100.</P>

Henry won the 200m, and a gold in the 4 X 400.</P>

Carr could certainly fly and may have also beaten Hayes but the one I was thinking of was Homer Jones who beat him in a foot race of 200M. Homer beat him? I never knew that......awesome jomo</P>

Yeah, Homer was a track star at Texas Southern. He was world class. Brought a lot of excitement for us in the late 60's... done in my knee/leg problems.</P>

zimonami
02-11-2011, 10:21 PM
DYK --- Coming up on 600 pgs... 1.3MM looks... and 2 years</P>

Who woulda thunk, YA? ... good job</P>

ny06
02-11-2011, 10:58 PM

</P>

[Y]</P>

rbcarpenter
02-11-2011, 10:59 PM

Who woulda thunk, YA? ... good job</P>the best 5 star thread out there!!!!

YATittle1962
02-11-2011, 11:01 PM
DYK ---* Coming up on 600 pgs... 1.3MM looks... and 2 years</P>

never woulda thunk zimmy.....

in celebration of the first question asked in this thread.....

against who did Ron Johnson go over 1000 yds in 1970?

.....what Giant had close to 150 kick return yards in that game?

.....and how many TDs did the Giants score that day?

yeah..... a triple question

ny06
02-11-2011, 11:03 PM

never woulda thunk zimmy..... in celebration of the first question asked in this thread..... against who did Ron Johnson go over 1000 yds in 1970? .....<FONT color=#0000ff>what Giant had close to 150 kick return yards in that game?</FONT> .....and how many TDs did the Giants score that day? yeah..... a triple question</P>

Ron Dixon?</P>

YATittle1962
02-11-2011, 11:05 PM

never woulda thunk zimmy..... in celebration of the first question asked in this thread..... against who did Ron Johnson go over 1000 yds in 1970? .....<FONT color=#0000ff>what Giant had close to 150 kick return yards in that game?</FONT> .....and how many TDs did the Giants score that day? yeah..... a triple question</P>

Ron Dixon?</P>

in 1970? :)

ny06
02-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Ron Dixon?</P>

in 1970? :)</P>

opps, long day lol</P>

I thought all time</P>

zimonami
02-12-2011, 12:58 AM

never woulda thunk zimmy..... in celebration of the first question asked in this thread..... against who did Ron Johnson go over 1000 yds in 1970? .....what Giant had close to 150 kick return yards in that game? .....and how many TDs did the Giants score that day? yeah..... a triple question</P>

Last game of the year against the Rams. We got beat bad that game to a decent rams team, with Roman Gabriel at QB. I don't think we scored a TD that day. RJohnson didn't have a good game, but eked over 1,000 in a 14 game schedule. Fran had a decent year, too. I can't remember our return guy's name... it was a short, funny name.</P>

rbcarpenter
02-12-2011, 10:20 AM

never woulda thunk zimmy..... in celebration of the first question asked in this thread..... against who did Ron Johnson go over 1000 yds in 1970? .....what Giant had close to 150 kick return yards in that game? .....and how many TDs did the Giants score that day? yeah..... a triple question</P>

Last game of the year against the Rams. We got beat bad that game to a decent rams team, with Roman Gabriel at QB. I don't think we scored a TD that day. RJohnson didn't have a good game, but eked over 1,000 in a 14 game schedule. Fran had a decent year, too. I can't remember our return guy's name... it was a short, funny name.</P>right,zimster,it was les shy.

allentown PA
02-12-2011, 10:39 AM

Who woulda thunk, YA? ... good job</P>the best 5 star thread out there!!!!

It is a really fun thread with a lot of good people posting on it....The only thread I saw that came close was "A fire Gilbride" one ...lol

zimonami
02-12-2011, 11:33 AM

Last game of the year against the Rams. We got beat bad that game to a decent rams team, with Roman Gabriel at QB. I don't think we scored a TD that day. RJohnson didn't have a good game, but eked over 1,000 in a 14 game schedule. Fran had a decent year, too. I can't remember our return guy's name... it was a short, funny name.</P>

right,zimster,it was les shy.</P>

Yeah, Les Shy... that's it, rbc! Good job</P>

zimonami
02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
That '70 team was strange. If they win the last game against the Rams they are 10-4 and tied with Dallas for our division... I think we had a better divisional record than them and would have gone to the playoffs. To me, they were strange because we didn't have a particularly good offense or defense... middle of the road. But, Joe Morrision was still around, Alex Webster was our coach, and for awhile, when we won 6 in a row, everyone thought there was some of that late 50's, early 60's Giant Karma at work, but we fizzled in the end. Losing to the 2 win Saints was a backbreaker. I think that was the game where we were screwed out of a TD cuz of the way the endzone was painted.</P>

Ron Johnson and Tucker Fredrickson were our top 2 RB's that year. </P>

Who was 3rd in rushing yards?</P>

rbcarpenter
02-12-2011, 11:46 PM
it was fran the man,or bobby duhon.those are the only two i can think of who might have any rushing yards.

zimonami
02-13-2011, 12:27 AM
it was fran the man,or bobby duhon.those are the only two i can think of who might have any rushing yards.</P>

Right rbc... Fran was 3rd, Duhon was 4th</P>

rbcarpenter
02-13-2011, 10:33 AM
holy crap, i was right?!?

jomo
02-13-2011, 10:41 AM
holy crap, i was right?!?I would have gotten the answer in a multiple choice format but never on a straight up call. Well done rbc!

YATittle1962
02-13-2011, 12:06 PM
1990 season.....NFC championship game vs. the 49ers.....

what Giant dropped a sure TD pass that hit him directly in the hands while standing in the endzone.....in ...Im pretty sure it was the second quarter.....?

....and who threw that pass?

Z

zimonami
02-13-2011, 12:29 PM
1990 season.....NFC championship game vs. the 49ers..... who dropped a sure TD pass that hit him directly in the hands.....in ...Im pretty sure it was the second quarter.....? ....and who threw that pass? Z</P>

Streaking from my right to my left... and wide open... Joe Montana hits future HOFer Jerry Rice perfectly in stride. He is uncovered, and this could be a TD for SF.</P>

Oh, wait... nevermind. Jerry decided to drop it. Yeah, we'll give you guys a 'Do Over.'</P>

Hahahahahaha.</P>

jomo
02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
1990 season.....NFC championship game vs. the 49ers..... who dropped a sure TD pass that hit him directly in the hands.....in ...Im pretty sure it was the second quarter.....? ....and who threw that pass? Z</P>

Streaking from my right to my left... and wide open... Joe Montana hits future HOFer Jerry Rice perfectly in stride. He is uncovered, and this could be a TD for SF.</P>

Oh, wait... nevermind.* Jerry decided to drop it. Yeah, we'll give you guys a 'Do Over.'</P>

Hahahahahaha.</P>I forgot that he actually dropped a ball once.lol he is the graetest WR of all time so he is entitle to one anyway. Didn't Rice also fumble a ball with no contact against us on his way to a sure TD during a regular season game?

zimonami
02-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Oh, wait... nevermind. Jerry decided to drop it. Yeah, we'll give you guys a 'Do Over.'</P>

Hahahahahaha.</P>

I forgot that he actually dropped a ball once.lol he is the graetest WR of all time so he is entitle to one anyway. Didn't Rice also fumble a ball with no contact against us on his way to a sure TD during a regular season game?</P>

You're right, he did Jomo... But, now I can't remember if that was this '90 pass, or another. I think it was this pass... he caught it, ran 4-5 strides untouched and just dropped it for no reason, and we recovered. Who can remember if that was this game, or another?</P>

YATittle1962
02-13-2011, 03:01 PM

Oh, wait... nevermind.* Jerry decided to drop it. Yeah, we'll give you guys a 'Do Over.'</P>

Hahahahahaha.</P>

where Jerry did drop that ball.....

I was thinking of a Giant.......a Giant dropped a sure TD in the endzone......

who was it....and who threw it?

jomo
02-13-2011, 03:23 PM

Hahahahahaha.</P>

I forgot that he actually dropped a ball once.lol he is the graetest WR of all time so he is entitle to one anyway. Didn't Rice also fumble a ball with no contact against us on his way to a sure TD during a regular season game?</P>

You're right, he did Jomo... But, now I can't remember if that was this '90 pass, or another. I think it was this pass... he caught it, ran 4-5 strides untouched and just dropped it for no reason, and we recovered. Who can remember if that was this game, or another?</P>I'm thinking it was a Monday night game but not sure Zim.

ny06
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM

Hahahahahaha.</P>

where Jerry did drop that ball..... I was thinking of a Giant.......a Giant dropped a sure TD in the endzone...... who was it....and who threw it?</P>

Maurice Carthon dropped a pass from Dave Meggett?</P>

YATittle1962
02-13-2011, 05:35 PM

Hahahahahaha.</P>

where Jerry did drop that ball..... I was thinking of a Giant.......a Giant dropped a sure TD in the endzone...... who was it....and who threw it?</P>

Maurice Carthon dropped a pass from Dave Meggett?</P>

very nice 06........thats a sometimes forgotten potential TD....

Meggett took the ball on the option and threw a strike...........it was right in Carthons hands if I remember correctly

ny06
02-13-2011, 07:20 PM
1990 NY Giants NFC Championship Game</P>

*whole game*</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK01NSMQMe4</P>

SEC105
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
The Jerry Rice "drop" was in the1986 playoff game vs the 49ers @ Giants Stadium....the 49-3 beatdown 1st drive Montanahit Rice on a post pattern.....he was streaking toward the west endzone and the ball just popped out of his hands at about the 5 yard line line</P>

which Giant recovered it in the end zone and spiked it?..........and who did Rice beat on that play?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-14-2011, 11:24 AM
This may have been asked.....not sure....but who are these 3 Giant players?</P>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3436/3298812189_4c0e1c733d.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

No takers on who these Giants are? This is Allie shermans last year........1968. All his <FONT color=#ff0000>brillant moves</FONT><FONT color=#000000>finally caught up with him</FONT></P>

Z</P>

ny06
02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
The Jerry Rice "drop" was in the1986 playoff game vs the 49ers @ Giants Stadium....the 49-3 beatdown 1st drive Montanahit Rice on a post pattern.....he was streaking toward the west endzone and the ball just popped out of his hands at about the 5 yard line line</P>

which Giant recovered it in the end zone and spiked it?..........and who did Rice beat on that play?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Mark Collins?</P>

SEC105
02-14-2011, 11:35 AM

Z</P>

</P>

Mark Collins?</P>

</P>

Good try NY06.........but Collins did not recover it in the end zone.....nor did he get "burned" on that play</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Mark Collins?</P>

</P>

Good try NY06.........but Collins did not recover it in the end zone.....nor did he get "burned" on that play</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Thanks, SEC, for rejuvenating the memory. I was at the game, on the Giants side, and remember Jerry running from my right to left, and inexplicably dropping the ball. It had to be Perry Williams who he beat, and I remember Kenny Hill, our SS, recovering. That play was the omen for the whole game. You knew it was gonna be out day after that unforced fumble. You wonder what was going thru his brian that he lost concentration on simply holding the ball.</P>

zimonami
02-14-2011, 12:14 PM

Z</P>

</P>

No takers on who these Giants are? This is Allie shermans last year........1968. All his <FONT color=#ff0000>brillant moves</FONT><FONT color=#000000>finally caught up with him</FONT></P>

Z</P>

</P>

This has been sitting for awhile. If someone knew these Giant 'greats' we'd have our answers by now... so, I looked it up.</P>

#66 - LB, Henry Davis</P>

#54 - LB, Ken Avery</P>

#20 - Scott Eaton</P>

allentown PA
02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
The Jerry Rice "drop" was in the*1986 playoff game vs the 49ers @ Giants Stadium....the 49-3 beatdown***** 1st drive Montana*hit Rice on a post pattern.....he was streaking toward the west endzone and the ball just popped out of his hands at about the 5 yard line line</P>

Z</P>

my guess is that he beat Elvis Patterson...and I say Herb Welch recovered.

SEC105
02-14-2011, 05:03 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Mark Collins?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Thanks, SEC, for rejuvenating the memory. I was at the game, on the Giants side, and remember Jerry running from my right to left, and inexplicably dropping the ball. It had to be Perry Williams who he beat, and I remember Kenny Hill, our SS, recovering. That play was the omen for the whole game. You knew it was gonna be out day after that unforced fumble. You wonder what was going thru his brian that he lost concentration on simply holding the ball.</P>

</P>

Kenny Hill was the man who recovered in the end zone...so good job Z. Rice fell on it but it popped again in the end zone....too bad for Rice lol</P>

Funny story from that game A reporter asked Jim Burt [think it was him] "What would the score have been had Rice not dropped that sureTD Ball"</P>

49- 10 he replied! [:D]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-14-2011, 05:07 PM

Z</P>

my guess is that he beat Elvis Patterson...and I say Herb Welch recovered.</P>

Thats who got "burned"....Elvis "Toast" Patterson</P>

How you doing in Allentown?........saw a huge gas explosion in your town on the World News</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

This has been sitting for awhile. If someone knew these Giant 'greats' we'd have our answers by now... so, I looked it up.</P>

#54 - LB, Ken Avery</P>

#20 - Scott Eaton</P>

</P>

Yup thats all 3 from 1968.....by that time AllieSherman had completely dismantled everything Jim Lee Howell had built.....but he [Sherman]did have those 3 titles from 61-63</P>

</P>

</P>

Zhttp://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/4D498123-6A6D-4DD7-878B-0E646D97A5D8/U1440732.jpg</P>

jomo
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM

Z</P>

</P>

No takers on who these Giants are?* This is Allie shermans last year........1968. All his <FONT color=#ff0000>brillant moves</FONT><FONT color=#000000>*finally caught up with him</FONT></P>

Z</P>

</P>

#54 - LB, Ken Avery</P>

#20 - Scott Eaton</P>

</P>

Yup*** thats all 3 from 1968.....by that time Allie*Sherman had completely dismantled everything Jim Lee Howell had built.....but he [Sherman]*did have those 3 titles from 61-63</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Zhttp://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/4D498123-6A6D-4DD7-878B-0E646D97A5D8/U1440732.jpg</P>That's a graet photo. I remeber Davis and Avery but Scott Eaton is lost on me. ..............but then again alot is lost on me these days. lol

SEC105
02-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

#54 - LB, Ken Avery</P>

#20 - Scott Eaton</P>

</P>

Yup thats all 3 from 1968.....by that time AllieSherman had completely dismantled everything Jim Lee Howell had built.....but he [Sherman]did have those 3 titles from 61-63</P>

</P>

</P>

Zhttp://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/4D498123-6A6D-4DD7-878B-0E646D97A5D8/U1440732.jpg</P>

That's a graet photo. I remeber Davis and Avery but Scott Eaton is lost on me. ..............but then again alot is lost on me these days. lol</P>

DB Eaton played 3 or 4 years with us Jomo but his name is not one that jumps out at ya but he was with 1970 team that almost made the playoffs</P>

Hard to believe the Giants went from 63 to 81 with no playoff spot. Maybe it made us better and tougher men lol at least thats what I tell myself[;)]</P>

ny06
02-14-2011, 11:34 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

#54 - LB, Ken Avery</P>

#20 - Scott Eaton</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Great picture SEC</P>

allentown PA
02-15-2011, 10:27 PM
The Jerry Rice "drop" was in the*1986 playoff game vs the 49ers @ Giants Stadium....the 49-3 beatdown***** 1st drive Montana*hit Rice on a post pattern.....he was streaking toward the west endzone and the ball just popped out of his hands at about the 5 yard line line</P>

Z</P>

my guess is that he beat Elvis Patterson...and I say Herb Welch recovered.</P>

Thats who got "burned"....Elvis "Toast" Patterson</P>

How you doing in Allentown?........saw a huge gas explosion in your town on the World News</P>

Z</P>

I'm good thanks for asking...yea that was some crazy stuff...the explosion happened not too far from where I work.

YATittle1962
02-16-2011, 10:52 AM
with the 99th pick of the 1992 NFL draft the New York Giants pick..........?

SEC105
02-16-2011, 05:41 PM
with the 99th pick of the 1992 NFL draft the New York Giants pick..........?</P>

My first guess would beStrahan but almost positive he was 1993</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-16-2011, 05:42 PM
This play made the score what?......in SB 21</P>

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2011/01/28/10/SuperBowlXXI.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG</P>

Z</P>

jomo
02-16-2011, 06:25 PM

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2011/01/28/10/SuperBowlXXI.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG</P>

Z</P>Almost certain that this picture captures the safety scored by George (love that guy) Martin makes the score 10-9 in the second quarter. #74 would be Eric "the beast" Howard.

zimonami
02-16-2011, 11:37 PM

Z</P>

Almost certain that this picture captures the safety scored by George (love that guy) Martin makes the score 10-9 in the second quarter. #74 would be Eric "the beast" Howard.</P>

sweet. How can you not like this thread when there are so many great references to so many great days for us.</P>

zimonami
02-16-2011, 11:41 PM
with the 99th pick of the 1992 NFL draft the New York Giants pick..........?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I think you're right, SEC... Stray was round 3.</P>

I think YA is looking for 'Hammer' Time! A great Giant who gave his all for us, and we loved him for it.</P>

YATittle1962
02-17-2011, 11:14 PM

My first guess would be*Strahan but almost positive he was 1993</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I think YA is looking for 'Hammer' Time! A great Giant who gave his all for us, and we loved him for it.</P>

it was Hammer.....

what great O lineman became an O line coach under Allie Sherman?

ny06
02-18-2011, 12:29 AM

Z</P>

Almost certain that this picture captures the safety scored by George (love that guy) Martin makes the score 10-9 in the second quarter. #74 would be Eric "the beast" Howard.</P>

sweet. How can you not like this thread when there are so many great references to so many great days for us.</P>

</P>

[Y]</P>

zimonami
02-18-2011, 01:38 AM

Z</P>

</P>

it was Hammer..... what great O lineman became an O line coach under Allie Sherman?</P>

Jim Katkavage?</P>

titwio
02-18-2011, 04:23 AM
What is the most common last name in the NFL?

Is it:

A) Johnson
B) Williams
C) Smith
D) Jackson

And in what order do they fall?

ny06
02-18-2011, 11:18 AM
What is the most common last name in the NFL? Is it: A) Johnson B) Williams C) Smith D) Jackson And in what order do they fall?</P>

Williams</P>

Smith</P>

Johnson</P>

Jackson</P>

?</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
02-18-2011, 11:26 AM

Z</P>

</P>

it was Hammer..... what great O lineman became an O line coach under Allie Sherman?</P>

Jim Katkavage?</P>

Kat was a D lineman zimmy....I know you know that........just got a little chuckle out of yr senior moment :)

zimonami
02-18-2011, 12:00 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Jim Katkavage?</P>

Kat was a D lineman zimmy....I know you know that........just got a little chuckle out of yr senior moment :)</P>

OMG, YA... I'm so embarrassed. It was part senior moment and part because I had just come home from boozin' at a bar with friends. Actually, when I just reread the question I realized how bad an answer it was. The only words that registered were coach and Sherman, and I thought, yeah Kat played for Allie and later became a coach.</P>

Back to the drawing board cuz the O Lineman you speak of may not have been a Giant player at all.</P>

I think this was probably 10 demerits worth. I owe some beers to all the boys (you too, jmike)</P>

YATittle1962
02-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Jim Katkavage?</P>

Kat was a D lineman zimmy....I know you know that........just got a little chuckle out of yr senior moment :)</P>

OMG, YA... I'm so embarrassed. It was part senior moment and part because I had just come home from boozin' at a bar with friends. Actually, when I just reread the question I realized how bad an answer it was.* The only words that registered were coach and Sherman, and I thought, yeah Kat played for Allie and later became a coach.</P>

Back to the drawing board cuz the O Lineman you speak of may not have been a Giant player at all.</P>

I think this was probably 10 demerits worth. I owe some beers to all the boys (you too, jmike)</P>

hahahahahahaha.....boozin is a much better excuse .......I say forgiven and zero demerits necessary ........

....and yes he was a Giants O lineman

PS......we should have some beers sometime

titwio
02-18-2011, 08:50 PM
What is the most common last name in the NFL? Is it: A) Johnson B) Williams C) Smith D) Jackson And in what order do they fall?</P>

Williams</P>

Smith</P>

Johnson</P>

Jackson</P>

?</P>

*</P>

(42) Williams

(38) Johnson's

(29) Smith's

(17) Jackson's

The only team to not have any of the above mentioned: (The Patriots)
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/titwio/star.jpg

allentown PA
02-18-2011, 11:34 PM
During the misearable 1966 season the Giants lost a 47-28 shootout to the pittsburg steelers at Yankee stadium. What giant quarterback threw 4 touchdown passes that day?????

SEC105
02-19-2011, 12:08 PM
During the misearable 1966 season the Giants lost a 47-28 shootout to the pittsburg steelers at Yankee stadium. What giant quarterback threw 4 touchdown passes that day?????</P>

How about Gary Wood?</P>

http://classof65.alumni.cornell.edu/interest/images/wood1.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Shame to hearabout Dave Duerson passing away....he was agood tough player. Helped us get that second ring....not mention playing on the legendary Bears team</P>

R. I. P. Dave</P>

</P>

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/ape-duerson-jump-8x10.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
02-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Shame to hearabout Dave Duerson passing away....he was agood tough player. Helped us get that second ring....not mention playing on the legendary Bears team</P>

R. I. P. Dave</P>

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/ape-duerson-jump-8x10.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yeah, he was a warrior. One of the squarest jaws you'll ever see. He was a good fit in '90... still had some mojo left... gave us his all. </P>

Haven't heard the cause yet... only 50. that bites</P>

SEC105
02-19-2011, 01:06 PM

R. I. P. Dave</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yeah, he was a warrior. One of the squarest jaws you'll ever see. He was a good fit in '90... still had some mojo left... gave us his all. </P>

Haven't heard the cause yet... only 50. that bites</P>

</P>

He sure did give us his all that year........great player at Notre dame too</P>

http://d3trabu2dfbdfb.cloudfront.net/8/5/858257_220w_1.jpeg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-19-2011, 01:09 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Jim Katkavage?</P>

OMG, YA... I'm so embarrassed. It was part senior moment and part because I had just come home from boozin' at a bar with friends. Actually, when I just reread the question I realized how bad an answer it was. The only words that registered were coach and Sherman, and I thought, yeah Kat played for Allie and later became a coach.</P>

hahahahahahaha.....boozin is a much better excuse .......I say forgiven and zero demerits necessary ........ ....and yes he was a Giants O lineman PS......we should have some beers sometime</P>

How about the Great Rosey Brown....wasn't he a Coach under Allie Sherman?</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/139/101/RackMultipart.16099.0_display_image.jpg?1263837925</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
02-19-2011, 01:33 PM
During the misearable 1966 season the Giants lost a 47-28 shootout to the pittsburg steelers at Yankee stadium. What giant quarterback threw 4 touchdown passes that day?????</P>

How about Gary Wood?</P>

http://classof65.alumni.cornell.edu/interest/images/wood1.jpg</P>

Z</P>

nope...but cool pic

YATittle1962
02-19-2011, 04:34 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Jim Katkavage?</P>

OMG, YA... I'm so embarrassed. It was part senior moment and part because I had just come home from boozin' at a bar with friends. Actually, when I just reread the question I realized how bad an answer it was.* The only words that registered were coach and Sherman, and I thought, yeah Kat played for Allie and later became a coach.</P>

hahahahahahaha.....boozin is a much better excuse .......I say forgiven and zero demerits necessary ........ ....and yes he was a Giants O lineman PS......we should have some beers sometime</P>

How about the Great Rosey Brown....wasn't he a Coach under Allie Sherman?</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/139/101/RackMultipart.16099.0_display_image.jpg?1263837925</P>

Z</P>

he sure was....big 79 is right

NYG 5
02-19-2011, 07:52 PM
this former Giant went to 5 super bowls.... and lost every one of them.

who was he?

allentown PA
02-19-2011, 09:25 PM

who was he?

no clue..great question

jmike
02-19-2011, 09:45 PM

who was he?

Glenn Parker

NYG 5
02-20-2011, 10:43 AM

who was he?

Glenn Parker

yup. its a shame because their were all *** kickings too, except for the '90 game, and thats the game he didn't even start in.

zimonami
02-20-2011, 12:16 PM

who was he?

Glenn Parker

yup. its a shame because their were all *** kickings too, except for the '90 game, and thats the game he didn't even start in.
</P>

good question, and great job by jmike... I didn't have a clue.</P>

YATittle1962
02-20-2011, 02:06 PM

who was he?

Glenn Parker

</P>

good question, and great job by jmike... I didn't have a clue.</P>

wow that really was a great question.......I couldnt imagine who it was

jmike
02-20-2011, 08:39 PM
They talked about him losing 4 Super Bowls leading in to that 2000 debacle.

NYGRealityCheck
02-21-2011, 01:12 AM

Can't quite say that was a debacle. A dominating season (#1 NFC seed and bamboozled the Eagles 3 times). A very good playoff run, but lost to a better team with a historic defense in the Superbowl.

jmike
02-21-2011, 10:07 AM

Can't quite say that was a debacle. A dominating season (#1 NFC seed and bamboozled the Eagles 3 times). A very good playoff run, but lost to a better team with a historic defense in the Superbowl.

The super bowl was a debacle. Only Eagles fans find success in monumental failure because their wee brains can't comprehend the difference. Are you an Eagles fan?

YATittle1962
02-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Jan of 2001.......playoff game vs. the Eagles........yes the one where Ron Dixon ran the opening kickoff to the house......

in the second quarter the Giants committed their first turnover in 10 quarters.....

how did that turnover happen?

zimonami
02-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Jan of 2001.......playoff game vs. the Eagles........yes the one where Ron Dixon ran the opening kickoff to the house...... in the second quarter the Giants committed their first turnover in 10 quarters..... how did that turnover happen?</P>

We fumbled several times in that game... I'll guess a Kerry Collins fumble... stripped in the pocket, as opposed to on a handoff, or scrambling... no more details than that because it's a pure guess... I can't remember for sure. Someone else must enlighten us.</P>

YATittle1962
02-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Jan of 2001.......playoff game vs. the Eagles........yes the one where Ron Dixon ran the opening kickoff to the house...... in the second quarter the Giants committed their first turnover in 10 quarters..... how did that turnover happen?</P>

We fumbled several times in that game... I'll guess a Kerry Collins fumble... stripped in the pocket, as opposed to on a handoff, or scrambling... no more details than that because it's a pure guess... I can't remember for sure. Someone else must enlighten us.</P>

wasnt a Kerry fumble..... surprisingly....hahhahaha

it happened on a play that should have never been called.... .stupid play call in my opinion ......

they were driving just fine.....then Sean Payton called this clunker....

rbcarpenter
02-21-2011, 01:56 PM
hilliard on a reverse,fumble...?

YATittle1962
02-21-2011, 02:08 PM
hilliard on a reverse,fumble...?

thats the one.....remember who reversed it to him?

really more of a poor exchange than a fumble if I remember correctly....

zimonami
02-21-2011, 02:46 PM
hilliard on a reverse,fumble...? thats the one.....remember who reversed it to him? really more of a poor exchange than a fumble if I remember correctly....</P>

Wow... I can't remember this play at all... well, we had Thunder and Lightning in the backfield. I'll guess that Thunder Dayne was the co-conspirator.</P>

rbcarpenter
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
hilliard on a reverse,fumble...? thats the one.....remember who reversed it to him? really more of a poor exchange than a fumble if I remember correctly....</P>

Wow... I can't remember this play at all... well, we had Thunder and Lightning in the backfield. I'll guess that Thunder Dayne was the co-conspirator.</P>i'll go the other way and say tiki.

YATittle1962
02-21-2011, 02:58 PM
wow.....now Im not completely sure....

Im almost positive Kerry handed to Dayne then Dayne and Hilliard had a bad transaction .....so Im 95% sure it was Dayne.....

and what a horrible play call by Payton......completely unnecessary.

who was returning punts in that game?

zimonami
02-21-2011, 04:21 PM
wow.....now Im not completely sure.... Im almost positive Kerry handed to Dayne then Dayne and Hilliard had a bad transaction .....so Im 95% sure it was Dayne..... and what a horrible play call by Payton......completely unnecessary. who was returning punts in that game?</P>

Coulda been Ike, or maybe even Amani, who returned punts in his first 5-6 yrs with us.</P>

gmen46
02-21-2011, 05:17 PM
wow.....now Im not completely sure.... Im almost positive Kerry handed to Dayne then Dayne and Hilliard had a bad transaction .....so Im 95% sure it was Dayne..... and what a horrible play call by Payton......completely unnecessary. who was returning punts in that game?</P>

Coulda been Ike, or maybe even Amani, who returned punts in his first 5-6 yrs with us.</P>

Tiki

NYG 5
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
i'm guessing tiki, he had a few exchange fumbles in his career.

dayne made his career out of doing nothing, but not fumbling, thats his one bright spot. i just can't see payton expecting him to be able to run laterally while having the body control to hand off the ball.

and yeah, payton sure was raw back in those days. he tried to be a little too cute.

also, anyone know where to see that game? never saw that replayed, but they'll go and play that super bowl and the 49er game over and over again.

gmen46
02-21-2011, 07:20 PM

Tiki

I meant I believe Tiki was punt returner that particular game, as he was primary punt returner that season.

jmike
02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
The 1000 receiving mark has been reached only 18 times by NYG receivers. How many different players did it and can you name them?

allentown PA
02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
The 1000 receiving mark has been reached only 18 times by NYG receivers.* How many different players did it and can you name them?

toomer,plax,nicks,smith,bavaro,manuel,jones,schofn er,gifford,...so my guess is 9 and those players I named.

allentown PA
02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
The 1000 receiving mark has been reached only 18 times by NYG receivers.* How many different players did it and can you name them?

toomer,plax,nicks,smith,bavaro,manuel,jones,schofn er,gifford,...so my guess is 9 and those players I named.

i said bavaro too...not sure if u meant just recievers or if TE's count.

jmike
02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
The 1000 receiving mark has been reached only 18 times by NYG receivers. How many different players did it and can you name them?

You are right with 9, but wrong on Gifford being one of them.

allentown PA
02-21-2011, 08:47 PM

mark jackson..instead of gifford??

jmike
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM

mark jackson..instead of gifford??

You did not seriously just guess Mark Jackson?

YATittle1962
02-21-2011, 10:32 PM

Tiki

I meant I believe Tiki was punt returner that particular game, as he was primary punt returner that season.

almost positive Toomer returned punts in that game

rbcarpenter
02-22-2011, 12:19 AM

earnest gray is the other one.

ny06
02-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Miss this guy.</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/121r6gi.jpg</P>

allentown PA
02-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Miss this guy.</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/121r6gi.jpg</P>

me too

gmen46
02-22-2011, 12:58 AM

Tiki

almost positive Toomer returned punts in that game

You could be right, but Toomer did not return punts at all during the regular season that year.

He could have returned during a playoff game of course. But he was so critical to the pass game that year, and since I know he did no returns during regular season that year, I am sceptical that he returned punts in that game.

jmike
02-22-2011, 01:05 AM

earnest gray is the other one.

yes he was

YATittle1962
02-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Im a former NFL player who played 2 seasons of minor league baseball before playing pro football.

Im a DB drafted in the second round by the NY Giants.

had zero INT in my first 2 years but had 11 combining my 3rd and 4th year.

who am I?

SweetZombieJesus
02-22-2011, 01:14 PM

The season was an overall good season but the Super Bowl was a titanic disaster.

It wasn't even like we put up a good fight in the Super Bowl and lost to a better team. I think I'd be fine with that, well, less devastated by it.

The Giants got demolished; it was a massacre, a pogrom. Nothing they did right, at all. The one bright spot, the special teams touchdown, got called back on a penalty. They looked like garbage. To play the worst game of your life in the biggest game of your life?

It took 2007 to wash that away for me.

Stray and Toomer said the team got so overconfident from the 41-0 NFC Championship Game, they thought they would automatically kick butt.

zimonami
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM

Tiki I meant I believe Tiki was punt returner that particular game, as he was primary punt returner that season. almost positive Toomer returned punts in that game You could be right, but Toomer did not return punts at all during the regular season that year. He could have returned during a playoff game of course. But he was so critical to the pass game that year, and since I know he did no returns during regular season that year, I am sceptical that he returned punts in that game.</P>

I looked it up... you're right, Amani didn't return during the season. In this Eagles game Ike had 1 and Amani had 4 or 5. I can only figure that Ike got nicked up, so Amani filled in</P>

SEC105
02-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Im a former NFL player who played 2 seasons of minor league baseball before playing pro football. Im a DB drafted in the second round by the NY Giants. had zero INT in my first 2 years but had 11 combining my 3rd and 4th year. who am I?</P>

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went tobaseball school Arizona State</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-22-2011, 05:15 PM
What former Giant DB is this [no. 28]........?</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/10/17/alg_reece_then.jpg</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
02-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Z</P>beasley reese.

gmen46
02-22-2011, 05:51 PM

Z</P>

Everson Walls?

SEC105
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM

Z</P>

beasley reese.</P>

Thats Beasley RBC.......how have you been?</P>

Here's something for ya....guess what year this is /</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0344/9761/2757_crop_340x234.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-22-2011, 06:00 PM

Z</P>

Everson Walls?</P>

Good try GMen.........but see post above</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM

Z</P>

beasley reese.</P>

Thats Beasley RBC.......how have you been?</P>

Here's something for ya....guess what year this is /</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0344/9761/2757_crop_340x234.jpg</P>

Z</P>i;ve been ok,sec 105,and how about yourself?i've been on here on and off for the past month or so,but i've been busy doing stuff with investments and home upgrades(including this computer,lol!)since my injury settlement came in...in a few weeks i'll be getting the resume' redone to start the job search.looking foward to having some $$$ to put into the investment funds instead of just taking it out to live on!oh,and the pic?it was either the 33-12 loss or the 16-13 wildcard win in 1984...tough to tell which as they were both played in l.a.,and we wore white in both games...thanks for the great pic,i may have to steal it!

YATittle1962
02-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Im a former NFL player who played 2 seasons of minor league baseball before playing pro football. Im a DB drafted in the second round by the NY Giants. had zero INT in my first 2 years but had 11 combining my 3rd and 4th year. who am I?</P>

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went to*baseball school Arizona State</P>

Z</P>

wasnt Sparks,,,,,,,good guess though

ny06
02-22-2011, 11:46 PM
That is a hard question YA</P>

I have been racking my brain on that question all day =)</P>

Interested what the answer is.</P>

titwio
02-22-2011, 11:48 PM

Z</P>

Everson Walls?</P>

Good try GMen.........but see post above</P>

Z</P>

I was thinking Walls too..Oh well..

jmike
02-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Im a former NFL player who played 2 seasons of minor league baseball before playing pro football. Im a DB drafted in the second round by the NY Giants. had zero INT in my first 2 years but had 11 combining my 3rd and 4th year. who am I?</p>

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went tobaseball school Arizona State</p>

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

jmike
02-22-2011, 11:50 PM
What former Giant DB is this [no. 28]........?</p>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/10/17/alg_reece_then.jpg</p>

Z</p>

Everson Walls?</p>

Good try GMen.........but see post above</p>

Z</p>

I was thinking Walls too..Oh well..

Walls didn't play in black and white.

ny06
02-22-2011, 11:51 PM

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went tobaseball school Arizona State</P>

Z</P>

Jason Sehorn
</P>

I can see that. </P>

He was a great athlete at USC</P>

ny06
02-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Speaking of Everson Walls</P>

When is Canton going to be calling his name??</P>

Great player</P>

NYGRealityCheck
02-22-2011, 11:58 PM

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went to*baseball school Arizona State</P>

Z</P>

Muhahaha! I know this one! He was quite a famous player for the Giants too.

Hints: He was on the Letterman show. He played in a Superbowl for the Giants. He was a roommate with a former Giants QB.

Dead Giveaway: Made an interception off the Eagles with his foot laying down and ran it back for a touchdown. Married an actress.

ok some people got it already....

YATittle1962
02-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Im a former NFL player who played 2 seasons of minor league baseball before playing pro football. Im a DB drafted in the second round by the NY Giants. had zero INT in my first 2 years but had 11 combining my 3rd and 4th year. who am I?</p>

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went to*baseball school Arizona State</p>

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

leave it to jm.....the 90s Giants guru

:)

jmike
02-23-2011, 12:01 AM

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went tobaseball school Arizona State</p>

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

Do you know what team's minor league system he played in?

YATittle1962
02-23-2011, 12:04 AM

How about Phillpi Sparks?........just a wild guess , he went to*baseball school Arizona State</p>

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

Cubs

jmike
02-23-2011, 12:05 AM
yep.

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2011, 12:05 AM

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

Dead Giveaway: A fan screwed them in a playoff run by catching a foul ball.

jmike
02-23-2011, 12:08 AM

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

If you know the answers, then answer, but giving new hints after the right answer has been given accomplishes little.

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2011, 12:08 AM

Z</P>

Hints: He was on the Letterman show. He played in a Superbowl for the Giants. He was a roommate with a former Giants QB.

Dead Giveaway: Made an interception off the Eagles with his foot laying down and ran it back for a touchdown. Married an actress.

Ok simple one. Who was the former Giants QB?

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2011, 12:19 AM

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

If you know the answers, then answer, but giving new hints after the right answer has been given accomplishes little.

sorry my connection speed isn't quick and neither is my typing I guess. To know the name Jason Sehorn is one thing, but to know what he did on the football field as a Giant is just as good I think. Of course no one is going to mention Brandon Stokley burned him on the first big pass play of the Superbowl game vs. the Ravens or Steve Smith (Panthers) burned him for a GW touchdown pass in double OT in the playoffs to lift the team further into an eventual SB appearance when he was a Ram.

jmike
02-23-2011, 12:22 AM

Z</p>

IDK who he roomed with but the QBs he played with include Dave Brown, Kent Graham, Danny Kanell, Kerry Collins, Tommy Maddox, Jason Garrett, Mike Cherry, and Jesse Palmer.

jmike
02-23-2011, 12:25 AM

Z</p>

Jason Sehorn

sorry my connection speed isn't quick and neither is my typing I guess. To know the name Jason Sehorn is one thing, but to know what he did on the football field as a Giant is just as good I think. Of course no one is going to mention Brandon Stokley burned him on the first big pass play of the Superbowl game vs. the Ravens or Steve Smith (Panthers) burned him for a GW touchdown pass in double OT in the playoffs to lift the team further into an eventual SB appearance when he was a Ram.

Yep, I have no recollection of what he did on the field. You see I don't actually watch the games, I sit at home and memorize names of former Giants and lots of interesting facts about them. It's kind of a hobby, I hope they let me out of my cage again this week.

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2011, 12:27 AM

Z</p>

IDK who he roomed with but the QBs he played with include Dave Brown, Kent Graham, Danny Kanell, Kerry Collins, Tommy Maddox, Jason Garrett, Mike Cherry, and Jesse Palmer.

The answer is in there and it's definitely not one of those horrible 3rd string QBs. :)

ny06
02-23-2011, 12:28 AM

Z</P>

Jason Sehorn
leave it to jm.....the 90s Giants guru :)

Yep, I have no recollection of what he did on the field. You see I don't actually watch the games, I sit at home and memorize names of former Giants and lots of interesting facts about them. It's kind of a hobby, I hope they let me out of my cage again this week.
</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>I believe it, she does live in Philly [;)]</FONT></P>

jmike
02-23-2011, 12:28 AM

Z</p>

The answer is in there and it's definitely not one of those horrible 3rd string QBs. :)

Well then it must me Kerry Collins since the rest were horrible QBs who should have been 3rd string.

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM

Z</p>

Well then it must me Kerry Collins since the rest were horrible QBs who should have been 3rd string.

I don't think Danny Kanell was ever a third string QB (I might be wrong), but that's the answer. He lead the Giants into the playoffs with a tie (vs. the Redskins away) in their record (10-5-1). In that tie game, Brad Daluiso could have set/smashed the farthest successful FG in the NFL ever in an attempt to win the game, but instead they punted and pinned the Redskins enough for the OT tie.

YATittle1962
02-23-2011, 12:14 PM
jm.....lets keep this thread your happy place.... :)

heres one especially for you....

who wore #74 in the mid to late 90s?

...and did he ever call the Meadowlands his home again .... as a player after leaving the Giants?

ny06
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
jm.....lets keep this thread your happy place.... :) heres one especially for you.... who wore #74 in the mid to late 90s? ...and did he ever call the Meadowlands his home again .... as a player after leaving the Giants?</P>

Thats a easy one</P>

Erik Howard.</P>

And he played with the Jets like a few other Giants.</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
02-23-2011, 02:52 PM
jm.....lets keep this thread your happy place.... :) heres one especially for you.... who wore #74 in the mid to late 90s? ...and did he ever call the Meadowlands his home again .... as a player after leaving the Giants?</P>

Thats a easy one</P>

Erik Howard.</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

*</P>

where Erik fits the criteria ....I was thinking of the # 74 that immediately followed him...... hence the "late 90s" part of the question.......

the guy im thinking of wasnt as good of a player as Howard

ny06
02-23-2011, 03:03 PM

Thats a easy one</P>

Erik Howard.</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

</P>

where Erik fits the criteria ....I was thinking of the # 74 that immediately followed him...... hence the "late 90s" part of the question....... the guy im thinking of wasnt as good of a player as Howard</P>

Your talking about Scott Gragg</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
02-23-2011, 03:45 PM

Thats a easy one</P>

Erik Howard.</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

*</P>

where Erik fits the criteria ....I was thinking of the # 74 that immediately followed him...... hence the "late 90s" part of the question....... the guy im thinking of wasnt as good of a player as Howard</P>

*</P>

I am :)

ny06
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM

Thats a easy one</P>

Erik Howard.</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

</P>

</P>

I am :)</P>

The mountain from Montana</P>

He was an average tackle at best</P>

jmike
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
jm.....lets keep this thread your happy place.... :)

heres one especially for you....

who wore #74 in the mid to late 90s?

...and did he ever call the Meadowlands his home again .... as a player after leaving the Giants?

sorry [:#]

SEC105
02-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Who's this Giant?</P>

http://www.discountdisplaycases.com/images/products/p-256136-myron-guyton-new-york-giants-glossy-8x10-photo-psi-guytonm001.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Who's this Giant?</P>

http://www.discountdisplaycases.com/images/products/p-256136-myron-guyton-new-york-giants-glossy-8x10-photo-psi-guytonm001.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Tito Wooten?

SEC105
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Who's this Giant?</P>

Z</P>

Tito Wooten?</P>

Not Tito Y. A................but good guess</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Who's this Giant?</P>

Z</P>

Tito Wooten?</P>

Z</P>myron guyton...good safety!

SEC105
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Who's this Giant?</P>

Z</P>

Tito Wooten?</P>

Z</P>

myron guyton...good safety!</P>

Thats Myron RBC...and yes was a good safety nice avitar..like it[:D]</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/670/872/71157629_display_image.jpg?1296116489</P>

Z</P>

jmike
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Name this player.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/345164.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921F7 C3FC3F69D929FD76B79A3A7A2CAB7A27F4D34E185E13D3804B 3618D4BA3975

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Name this player.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/345164.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD76B79A3A7A2CAB7A 27F4D34E185E13D3804B3618D4BA3975

I had to look this guy up. Mike Cherry He has no stats or negative stats. He wasn't important except maybe preseason games?

jmike
02-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Name this player.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/345164.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921F7 C3FC3F69D929FD76B79A3A7A2CAB7A27F4D34E185E13D3804B 3618D4BA3975

I had to look this guy up. Mike Cherry He has no stats or negative stats. He wasn't important except maybe preseason games?

[:#]

yes it is Mike Cherry

ny06
02-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Name this player.

[:#]

yes it is Mike Cherry
</P>

lol</P>

SweetZombieJesus
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Name this player.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/345164.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD76B79A3A7A2CAB7A 27F4D34E185E13D3804B3618D4BA3975

Didn't he start right before we brought in Collins or did only Kannell get to start?

jmike
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Name this player.

Didn't he start right before we brought in Collins or did only Kannell get to start?

Graham was the starter in the beginning of the season before Collins took over.

NYG 5
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
man, those modernized 80's uniforms sure were nice

jomo
02-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Name this player.

I had to look this guy up. Mike Cherry He has no stats or negative stats. He wasn't important except maybe preseason games? Didn't he start right before we brought in Collins or did only Kannell get to start?

Where did Graham go to college?

rbcarpenter
02-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Name this player.

I had to look this guy up. Mike Cherry He has no stats or negative stats. He wasn't important except maybe preseason games? Didn't he start right before we brought in Collins or did only Kannell get to start?

Where did Graham go to college?INT. U?

YATittle1962
02-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Name this player.

Where did Graham go to college?INT. U?

beer out the nose moment for yr boy YA....

YATittle1962
02-25-2011, 02:00 AM
this picture is from a game that I remember very vividly.......I remember it so clearly because it was the day after my 13th birthday, dad took both my bro and I to the game and my brother had a 20 dollar bill in his pocket......which was a lot back then for one of us to have.....and he said I could have it for my birthday if Del Shofner scored 2 TDs and Gale Sayers scored none.....

what year was it?
...and did I get the $20?
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9219/97311331.jpg
my pop shared a beer with me during that game and I though I was a bad ***.......sorry random memories.....

jmike
02-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Name this player.

Ohio State I think.

jomo
02-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Name this player.

Ohio State I think.
That's it!

rbcarpenter
02-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Name this player.

Where did Graham go to college?INT. U? beer out the nose moment for yr boy YA....thank you,thank you....[H][;)][B]

SweetZombieJesus
02-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Name this player.

I had to go back and look it up to refresh my memory on those dark days.

Graham's last year on the team was 1994 but they brought him back for a 2nd stint in 98-99. He played for Detroit and Arizona in between.

Brown's last year here was 1997. Collins got here in 1999.

Danny Kanell took over for Brown in the last 10 games of the 1997 season and lead the team to a division title. That was the year of the terrible playoff meltdown to the Vikings at home, I think 10 points in 90 seconds, players fighting on the sidelines.

Kanell started the next year and was benched after 10 games by Graham in his 2nd stint.

In 1999 we claimed Collins off the scrap heap.

I guess my recollection of Mike Cherry was preseason wonder and the next "the future" QB but that all got blown up when we got Collins. I really thought Cherry got some starts in there -- probably just preseason looks.

A little cautionary tale for the Eli haters, too, innit?

jomo
02-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Name this player.

Graham's last year on the team was 1994 but they brought him back for a 2nd stint in 98-99. He played for Detroit and Arizona in between.

Danny Kanell took over for Brown in the last 10 games of the 1997 season and lead the team to a division title. That was the year of the terrible playoff meltdown to the Vikings at home, I think 10 points in 90 seconds, players fighting on the sidelines.

Kanell started the next year and was benched after 10 games by Graham in his 2nd stint.

I guess my recollection of Mike Cherry was preseason wonder and the next "the future" QB but that all got blown up when we got Collins. I really thought Cherry got some starts in there -- probably just preseason looks.

That was a dark as midnight period for our beloved Giants......Graham, Brown, Kanell,

YATittle1962
02-25-2011, 09:06 PM
this picture is from a game that I remember very vividly.......I remember it so clearly because it was the day after my 13th birthday, dad took both my bro and I to the game and my brother had a 20 dollar bill in his pocket......which was a lot back then for one of us to have.....and he said I could have it for my birthday if Del Shofner scored 2 TDs and Gale Sayers scored none.....

what year was it?
...and did I get the $20?
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9219/97311331.jpg
my pop shared a beer with me during that game and I though I was a bad ***.......sorry random memories.....

this one got burried

jomo
02-25-2011, 09:22 PM
this picture is from a game that I remember very vividly.......I remember it so clearly because it was the day after my 13th birthday, dad took both my bro and I to the game and my brother had a 20 dollar bill in his pocket......which was a lot back then for one of us to have.....and he said I could have it for my birthday if Del Shofner scored 2 TDs and Gale Sayers scored none..... what year was it? ...and did I get the $20? http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9219/97311331.jpg my pop shared a beer with me during that game and I though I was a bad ***.......sorry random memories..... this one got burriedJust a guess YA, 1965 and no.

NYGRealityCheck
02-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Name this player.

Graham's last year on the team was 1994 but they brought him back for a 2nd stint in 98-99.* He played for Detroit and Arizona in between.

Brown's last year here was 1997.* Collins got here in 1999.

Danny Kanell took over for Brown in the last 10 games of the 1997 season and lead the team to a division title.* That was the year of the terrible playoff meltdown to the Vikings at home, I think 10 points in 90 seconds, players fighting on the sidelines.

I guess my recollection of Mike Cherry was preseason wonder and the next "the future" QB but that all got blown up when we got Collins.* I really thought Cherry got some starts in there -- probably just preseason looks.

That was a dark as midnight period for our beloved Giants......Graham, Brown, Kanell,

I think the Jesse Palmer period was worse. I think the team ended up with the 4th overall draft pick and traded with the Chargers to get the Superbowl MVP Eli Manning.

YATittle1962
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
this picture is from a game that I remember very vividly.......I remember it so clearly because it was the day after my 13th birthday, dad took both my bro and I to the game and my brother had a 20 dollar bill in his pocket......which was a lot back then for one of us to have.....and he said I could have it for my birthday if Del Shofner scored 2 TDs and Gale Sayers scored none..... what year was it? ...and did I get the $20? http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9219/97311331.jpg my pop shared a beer with me during that game and I though I was a bad ***.......sorry random memories..... this one got burriedJust a guess YA, 1965 and no.

nailed it jomo.....

it was '65.....and I didnt get the $20..

Sayers had 2 TDs and Shofner had one......and we got blown out by the Bears that day......not sure what the score was

jomo
02-26-2011, 04:56 PM
this picture is from a game that I remember very vividly.......I remember it so clearly because it was the day after my 13th birthday, dad took both my bro and I to the game and my brother had a 20 dollar bill in his pocket......which was a lot back then for one of us to have.....and he said I could have it for my birthday if Del Shofner scored 2 TDs and Gale Sayers scored none..... what year was it? ...and did I get the $20? http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9219/97311331.jpg my pop shared a beer with me during that game and I though I was a bad ***.......sorry random memories..... this one got burriedJust a guess YA, 1965 and no. nailed it jomo..... it was '65.....and I didnt get the $20.. Sayers had 2 TDs and Shofner had one......and we got blown out by the Bears that day......not sure what the score wasToward your comment about the beer, I had my first pop of Southern Comfort in 1969 at Shea Stadium....Jets vs. Raiders in my first ever NFL regular season game live. It was frigid and we were all bundled up with blankets and my uncle Joe said "here take a swig of this." It warmed my throat and stomach if not my body. lol

RobCarpenter
02-26-2011, 10:08 PM
rbc, you stole my identity!

This could be really confusing.

zimonami
02-26-2011, 10:59 PM
rbc, you stole my identity! This could be really confusing.</P>

Yup... </P>

HELP!</P>

It's the rbc, RobCarpenter, rbcapenter identity crisis.</P>

yet, one thing is constant... rbcarpenter, aka rbc, consistantly uses lower case letters.</P>

RobChas beenupper case.</P>

allentown PA
02-26-2011, 11:01 PM

Yup... </P>

HELP!</P>

yet, one thing is constant... rbcarpenter, aka rbc, consistantly uses lower case letters.</P>

RobC*has been*upper case.</P>

its like trying to tell the difference between tiki and ronde.

jmike
02-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Name this player.

I think the Jesse Palmer period was worse. I think the team ended up with the 2nd overall draft pick and traded up with the Chargers to get the Superbowl MVP Eli Manning.

Jesse Palmer period? He didn't have a period, as I recall he started a three games to end the 2003 season when Collins was hurt and they had no chance at the play-offs finishing at 4-12. That lead to them getting the fourth overall pick, not second. They the drafted Rivers at that pick and traded him plus other picks to obtain Eli, they didn't actually trade up.

Please correct me if I am wrong on the finer details as I didn't fact check any of that.

NYGRealityCheck
02-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Name this player.

Graham's last year on the team was 1994 but they brought him back for a 2nd stint in 98-99.* He played for Detroit and Arizona in between.

Brown's last year here was 1997.* Collins got here in 1999.

Danny Kanell took over for Brown in the last 10 games of the 1997 season and lead the team to a division title.* That was the year of the terrible playoff meltdown to the Vikings at home, I think 10 points in 90 seconds, players fighting on the sidelines.

I guess my recollection of Mike Cherry was preseason wonder and the next "the future" QB but that all got blown up when we got Collins.* I really thought Cherry got some starts in there -- probably just preseason looks.

I think the Jesse Palmer period was worse. I think the team ended up with the 2nd overall draft pick and traded up with the Chargers to get the Superbowl MVP Eli Manning.

Jesse Palmer period?* He didn't have a period, as I recall he started a three games to end the 2003 season when Collins was hurt and they had no chance at the play-offs finishing at 4-12.* That lead to them getting the fourth overall pick, not second.* They the drafted Rivers at that pick and traded him plus other picks to obtain Eli, they didn't actually trade up.

Please correct me if I am wrong on the finer details as I didn't fact check any of that.

You are correct. I am wrong and going to edit my original post. Eli was draft first pick. Giants possessed the 4th pick and drafted Rivers ... 4-12 was a bad record indeed.

jomo
02-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Name this player.

That was a dark as midnight period for our beloved Giants......Graham, Brown, Kanell, I think the Jesse Palmer period was worse. I think the team ended up with the 2nd overall draft pick and traded up with the Chargers to get the Superbowl MVP Eli Manning.

Jesse Palmer period? He didn't have a period, as I recall he started a three games to end the 2003 season when Collins was hurt and they had no chance at the play-offs finishing at 4-12. That lead to them getting the fourth overall pick, not second. They the drafted Rivers at that pick and traded him plus other picks to obtain Eli, they didn't actually trade up.

Call it the Jesse Palmer cup of coffee JMike. [:)]

NYG 5
02-27-2011, 11:34 AM
http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00004T64A.nq7MA/s

obligatory Bachelor picture.

let us never forget the jakkstroud "palmer is the future" posts

RobCarpenter
02-27-2011, 11:01 PM

Yup... </P>

HELP!</P>

RobC*has been*upper case.</P>

its like trying to tell the difference between tiki and ronde.

Good one!

SEC105
02-28-2011, 04:34 PM
this picture is from a game that I remember very vividly.......I remember it so clearly because it was the day after my 13th birthday, dad took both my bro and I to the game and my brother had a 20 dollar bill in his pocket......which was a lot back then for one of us to have.....and he said I could have it for my birthday if Del Shofner scored 2 TDs and Gale Sayers scored none..... what year was it? ...and did I get the $20? http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9219/97311331.jpg my pop shared a beer with me during that game and I though I was a bad ***.......sorry random memories..... this one got burried</P>

Great pic Y.A. Remember Sayers having a field day against? He was great player</P>

HOFer after playing for like 6 years before the devastating knee injury</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJf6v69RyM&amp;feature=related</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-28-2011, 04:35 PM
What former Giant became , along with hisson [not a Giant], the first father /son duo to play in and win Super Bowls?</P>

Z</P>

jomo
02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
What former Giant became , along with hisson [not a Giant], the first father /son duo to play in and win Super Bowls?</P>

Z</P>

Rob Carpenter? that can't be right because the Cowboys haven't won in soooooooooo long. [:D]</P>

Upon further review, let me go with Mark Ingrahm.</P>

jmike
02-28-2011, 06:06 PM
What former Giant became , along with hisson [not a Giant], the first father /son duo to play in and win Super Bowls?</p>

Z</p>

Rob Carpenter? that can't be right because the Cowboys haven't won in soooooooooo long. [:D]</p>

Upon further review, let me go with Mark Ingrahm.</p>

I can only think of 3 super bowl father and sons, Cornish, Dorsett and DeOssie. DeOssie wasn't the first, and Cornish and Dorsett never played for the Giants I don't think.

SEC105
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Z</P>

Rob Carpenter? that can't be right because the Cowboys haven't won in soooooooooo long. [:D]</P>

</P>

Not Ingram but good guess Jomo</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM

Z</P>

I can only think of 3 super bowl father and sons, Cornish, Dorsett and DeOssie. DeOssie wasn't the first, and Cornish and Dorsett never played for the Giants I don't think.
</P>

This is avery tough question......the father played for us [86 SB win]and his name is somewhat well known.....the son and his name .....not so much</P>

I'll see if anyone else wants to make guess before posting more hints</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I think they are they only Father / Son duo to accomplish this</P>

Z</P>

jomo
02-28-2011, 06:34 PM

Z</P>This is a tough one SEC105. Was it Emery Moorehead?

gmen46
02-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Z</P>

Maurice and Ran (appropriate name) Carthon. Ran was on the 06 Colts.

But Ran also was a Lion for part of 06, so not sure if this is who you have in mind.

jmike
02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
I think they are they only Father / Son duo to accomplish this</p>

Z</p>

Couldn't have been the only. Steve DeOssie and Zak DeOssie both won.

Good call, forgot about Ran Carthon.

SEC105
02-28-2011, 07:24 PM

Z</P>

This is a tough one SEC105. Was it Emery Moorehead?</P>

Nice job Jomo it was Emeory Moorehead and I got that wrong He won his SB with the Bears in 85 I was doing itfrommemory maybe I should check my facts first!!! lol</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-28-2011, 07:29 PM

Z</P>

Maurice and Ran (appropriate name) Carthon. Ran was on the 06 Colts. But Ran also was a Lion for part of 06, so not sure if this is who you have in mind.</P>

They may have gmen46......I'd have to research it At any rate Emeory and Aaron Moorehead were the first father son duo to both play in and win a SB</P>

Z</P>

gmen46
02-28-2011, 07:34 PM

Z</P>

Maurice and Ran (appropriate name) Carthon. Ran was on the 06 Colts. But Ran also was a Lion for part of 06, so not sure if this is who you have in mind.</P>

They may have gmen46......I'd have to research it****** At any rate Emeory and Aaron Moorehead were the first father son duo to both play in and win a SB</P>

Z</P>

Ah--you tricked me. Your premise was what Giant SB winner.... :=)

rbcarpenter
02-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Yup... </P>

HELP!</P>

RobChas beenupper case.</P> its like trying to tell the difference between tiki and ronde. Good one!ok,rob,i just got home from my 36 hour trip that wound up taking 4 days...pic should be different soon!

YATittle1962
03-01-2011, 02:27 PM
this may have been asked before ...but it popped in my head so here goes.....

1990 season divisional playoff vs. the Bears.....

what did the defense do from the very first snap in that game that they had not done all season?

SEC105
03-01-2011, 04:54 PM
this may have been asked before ...but it popped in my head so here goes..... 1990 season divisional playoff vs. the Bears..... what did the defense do from the very first snap in that game that they had not done all season?</P>

Giants ran a 4-3 instead of 3-4......with Taylor and Banks creeping up to the line all game long. Held Neal Anderson to like 19 yards</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Early in that same game Bears had 3 and goal from the one. John Washington buried what Bear RB for 2 yard loss.</P>

This that RB playing in college @ Stanford...who is he?</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/f16146bf6fa1c3355a06aa2fed904dd27f6317b8.jpg?x=490 &amp;y=568&amp;sig=4c1d118710737e715650b5170ebd3a28</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
03-01-2011, 10:37 PM
this may have been asked before ...but it popped in my head so here goes..... 1990 season divisional playoff vs. the Bears..... what did the defense do from the very first snap in that game that they had not done all season?</P>

Giants ran a 4-3 instead of 3-4......with Taylor and Banks creeping up to the line all game long. Held Neal Anderson to like 19 yards</P>

Z</P>

exactly.....

I loved Belichick.

....cant remember who the Bears RB was SEC

rbcarpenter
03-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Early in that same game Bears had 3 and goal from the one. John Washington buried what Bear RB for 2 yard loss.</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/f16146bf6fa1c3355a06aa2fed904dd27f6317b8.jpg?x=490 &amp;y=568&amp;sig=4c1d118710737e715650b5170ebd3a28</P>

Z</P>neal anderson?

allentown PA
03-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Early in that same game*** Bears had 3 and goal from the one. John Washington buried what Bear RB for 2 yard loss.</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/f16146bf6fa1c3355a06aa2fed904dd27f6317b8.jpg?x=490&y=568&sig=4c1d118710737e715650b5170ebd3a28</P>

Z</P>neal anderson?

Brad Muster???

ny06
03-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Z</P>

neal anderson? Brad Muster???</P>

That sounds about right</P>

YATittle1962
03-02-2011, 12:33 PM
ahhhhh....Muster ...I think yr right.....that definitely rings a bell

jmike
03-02-2011, 05:25 PM
That is Muster.....I looked it up [:$]

YATittle1962
03-03-2011, 02:07 AM
what significant play is this?
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6906/superbowlxxistandalonep.jpg

rbcarpenter
03-03-2011, 11:38 AM
what significant play is this? http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6906/superbowlxxistandalonep.jpgelway sacked for a safety in super bowl 25...started the turnaround in momentum for that game!

YATittle1962
03-03-2011, 11:40 AM
what significant play is this? http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6906/superbowlxxistandalonep.jpgelway sacked for a safety in super bowl 25...started the turnaround in momentum for that game!

yup......put us at 9-10 at the half

SEC105
03-03-2011, 05:31 PM
That is Muster.....I looked it up [:$]
</P>

Thats the guy.....thought you would know that one</P>

http://www.websurfnicaragua.com/cards/brag/bears/insert/1992/musterwild.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
What former Giant QB is this?</P>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/BB7C790C-8477-4367-A588-81DE7779EA77/U1848007.jpg</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
03-03-2011, 05:46 PM

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/BB7C790C-8477-4367-A588-81DE7779EA77/U1848007.jpg</P>

Z</P>norm snead,at the end of his career.

SEC105
03-03-2011, 05:55 PM

Z</P>

norm snead,at the end of his career.</P>

Thats Norm RBC.....he actually returned to the Giants for one more year after this photo[SF]was taken</P>

http://goforthestars.com/5133ns.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I liked this pic ....so here's another .....easy question identify the Giant players</P>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/7BAE96B6-8ABE-4EC4-80CF-ABCBCB43F0C9/U1303725.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Anybody seen Zim around here lately?....have not talked to him in a while</P>

Z</P>

ny06
03-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Anybody seen Zim around here lately?....have not talked to him in a while</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I was thinking the same thing. </P>

His knowledge is missed</P>

ny06
03-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I liked this pic ....so here's another .....easy question identify the Giant players</P>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/7BAE96B6-8ABE-4EC4-80CF-ABCBCB43F0C9/U1303725.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

jomo
03-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>I say you are right and what a treasure chest full of photos we are being treated to. Thanks SEC105!

SEC105
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

I say you are right and what a treasure chest full of photos we are being treated to. Thanks SEC105!</P>

Thats the right players and no problem guys I like those old photos as much as you</P>

just bugs me when then disappear into cyberspace and leave little box with red X lol</P>

Sure would like to hear from Zim....maybe Y. A. knows where he is?</P>

Z </P>

ny06
03-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

I say you are right and what a treasure chest full of photos we are being treated to. Thanks SEC105!</P>

Have you ever seen the other thread YA started?</P>

The thread of all NY Giants pictures?</P>

I think it got deleted, great pictures in that thread. </P>

SEC105
03-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

</P>

That was a good thread NY06......have not seen it in quite some timethough</P>

Another easy question but good pic.....which Giant QB is this getting sacked</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/nfl.1975.season.rare.photos/images/diron-talbert-craig-morton-01155159.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I liked this pic ....so here's another .....easy question**** identify the Giant players</P>

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Thats the right players******* and no problem guys*** I like those old photos as much as you</P>

just bugs me when then disappear into cyberspace and leave little box with red X**** lol</P>

Z**** </P>

havent seen zimmy in a while....I miss him....im sure he will pop up soon......

heres a side of Rosey some dont know about
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9871/51j6f7aaoxlsl500aa300.jpg

YATittle1962
03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I liked this pic ....so here's another .....easy question**** identify the Giant players</P>

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

</P>

That was a good thread NY06......have not seen it in quite some time*though</P>

Another easy question but good pic.....which Giant QB is this getting sacked</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/nfl.1975.season.rare.photos/images/diron-talbert-craig-morton-01155159.jpg</P>

Z</P>

thats Craig Morton....our long time rival

allentown PA
03-03-2011, 09:03 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

</P>

That was a good thread NY06......have not seen it in quite some time*though</P>

Z</P>

thats Craig Morton....our long time rival

those are some lousy uniforms...but thats a cool pic.

jmike
03-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I liked this pic ....so here's another .....easy question identify the Giant players</p>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/7BAE96B6-8ABE-4EC4-80CF-ABCBCB43F0C9/U1303725.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

#76 Rosey Grier</p>

#81 Andy Robustelli</p>

I say you are right and what a treasure chest full of photos we are being treated to. Thanks SEC105!</p>

Have you ever seen the other thread YA started?</p>

The thread of all NY Giants pictures?</p>

I think it got deleted, great pictures in that thread. </p>

</p>

That was a good thread NY06......have not seen it in quite some timethough</p>

Another easy question but good pic.....which Giant QB is this getting sacked</p>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/nfl.1975.season.rare.photos/images/diron-talbert-craig-morton-01155159.jpg</p>

Z</p>

OMG, what awful uniforms.

YATittle1962
03-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I liked this pic ....so here's another .....easy question**** identify the Giant players</p>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/7BAE96B6-8ABE-4EC4-80CF-ABCBCB43F0C9/U1303725.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

#76 Rosey Grier</p>

#81 Andy Robustelli</p>

I say you are right and what a treasure chest full of photos we are being treated to. Thanks SEC105!</p>

Have you ever seen the other thread YA started?</p>

The thread of all NY Giants pictures?</p>

I think it got deleted, great pictures in that thread. </p>

</p>

That was a good thread NY06......have not seen it in quite some time*though</p>

Another easy question but good pic.....which Giant QB is this getting sacked</p>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/nfl.1975.season.rare.photos/images/diron-talbert-craig-morton-01155159.jpg</p>

Z</p>

I thought they were pretty sharp.......in 1975

jmike
03-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Hey look! It's YA in 1975!!

http://www.halloweenandcostumes.com/images/Product/medium/3828.jpg

[;)]

YATittle1962
03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Hey look!* It's YA in 1975!!

http://www.halloweenandcostumes.com/images/Product/medium/3828.jpg

[;)]

not too far off.....I was pretty deep in the music industry at the time......and we wore some funny looking ****

zimonami
03-04-2011, 01:46 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Thats the right players and no problem guys I like those old photos as much as you</P>

just bugs me when then disappear into cyberspace and leave little box with red X lol</P>

Z </P>

</P>

Hey peeps. I am alive. Thank you for missing me... lol</P>

I've been here every evening, but haven'ttaken time to join in. My mind has been elsewhere.</P>

Tuesday had my first date with a woman other than Kris since 1966. Geezuz, lots of you weren't even born yet. Anyways it's a woman I went to HS with... in the dark ages... and she lives 3 hours away, in Poughkeepsie... and, along with being back at work at my old job, I've been busy and only a spectator here.</P>

But, I'll be back with contributions and will be checking DYK every day.</P>

:-)</P>

YATittle1962
03-04-2011, 01:55 AM
zimmy you slick devil you

jmike
03-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I liked this pic ....so here's another .....easy question identify the Giant players</p>

Z</p>

</p>

#76 Rosey Grier</p>

#81 Andy Robustelli</p>

Thats the right players and no problem guys I like those old photos as much as you</p>

just bugs me when then disappear into cyberspace and leave little box with red X lol</p>

Sure would like to hear from Zim....maybe Y. A. knows where he is?</p>

Z </p>

</p>

Hey peeps. I am alive. Thank you for missing me... lol</p>

I've been here every evening, but haven'ttaken time to join in. My mind has been elsewhere.</p>

Tuesday had my first date with a woman other than Kris since 1966. Geezuz, lots of you weren't even born yet. Anyways it's a woman I went to HS with... in the dark ages... and she lives 3 hours away, in Poughkeepsie... and, along with being back at work at my old job, I've been busy and only a spectator here.</p>

But, I'll be back with contributions and will be checking DYK every day.</p>

:-)</p>

44 years ago, wow, that is nuts. I'm all excited because I have managed not to screw up my current relationship for almost 2 years, shattering my old mark of almost 8 and a half months.

That is really cute Zim, hope it works out. Remember, make your move on date three.

ny06
03-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z </P>

</P>

I've been here every evening, but haven'ttaken time to join in. My mind has been elsewhere.</P>

Tuesday had my first date with a woman other than Kris since 1966. Geezuz, lots of you weren't even born yet. Anyways it's a woman I went to HS with... in the dark ages... and she lives 3 hours away, in Poughkeepsie... and, along with being back at work at my old job, I've been busy and only a spectator here.</P>

</P>

Good for you Zim. </P>

Speaking of 1966, who led the Giants in touchdowns?</P>

YATittle1962
03-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Thats the right players******* and no problem guys*** I like those old photos as much as you</P>

just bugs me when then disappear into cyberspace and leave little box with red X**** lol</P>

Z**** </P>

</P>

I've been here every evening, but haven't*taken time to join in. My mind has been elsewhere.</P>

</P>

Good for you Zim. </P>

wow...a one win season....

my wild guess would be Joe Morrison

that was a grim season for our Giants .....not a whole lot to cheer for

ny06
03-04-2011, 10:50 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z </P>

</P>

</P>

Good for you Zim. </P>

wow...a one win season.... my wild guess would be Joe Morrison that was a grim season for our Giants .....not a whole lot to cheer for</P>

Thats correct, but he was tied with a teammate.</P>

Can you name who tied Morrison for touchdowns?</P>

YATittle1962
03-04-2011, 10:58 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z**** </P>

</P>

I've been here every evening, but haven't*taken time to join in. My mind has been elsewhere.</P>

</P>

Good for you Zim. </P>

wow...a one win season.... my wild guess would be Joe Morrison that was a grim season for our Giants .....not a whole lot to cheer for</P>

another wild guess....Homer?

they were pretty much the only guys who moved the ball at all that year........so Im figuring it may be them

we had almost no running game back then

ny06
03-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z </P>

</P>

</P>

Good for you Zim. </P>

another wild guess....Homer? they were pretty much the only guys who moved the ball at all that year........so Im figuring it may be them we had almost no running game back then</P>

Correct</P>

Good job [Y]</P>

YATittle1962
03-04-2011, 11:02 AM
same year....'66

where was training camp that year?

Z

zimonami
03-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z </P>

</P>

44 years ago, wow, that is nuts. I'm all excited because I have managed not to screw up my current relationship for almost 2 years, shattering my old mark of almost 8 and a half months.

That is really cute Zim, hope it works out. Remember, make your move on date three.
</P>

TY, jmike... wonderful advice for us old timers... wait. hahaha</P>

Yeah, can you imagine... married to the same woman for 43 years?</P>

Variety is the spice of life... I'm ready for the next course.</P>

zimonami
03-04-2011, 02:00 PM
same year....'66 where was training camp that year? Z</P>

Was at Fairfield Univ. through most of the 60s.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Z</p>

Yeesh, glad I missed that (although maybe the blue pants could come back on the road paired with the red aways).

Needs more stripes! Sure makes me appreciate the current retro and I hope we stay put.

NYG 5
03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
i don't understand the hate for those 70's jerseys. the blue was a little too light, and there were a few too many stripes, but its a pretty cool design. a little too similiar to the bills AFL uniforms, but that would be cool as an alternate. haters gonna hate

SweetZombieJesus
03-04-2011, 07:23 PM
i don't understand the hate for those 70's jerseys. the blue was a little too light, and there were a few too many stripes, but its a pretty cool design. a little too similiar to the bills AFL uniforms, but that would be cool as an alternate. haters gonna hate

Well, to me, simple is better.

Just the helmet alone is a disaster. The busy "disco" NY, the white stripes alongside the red (you see AFL/AFC teams doing this such as the Dolphins, and they include space so it looks like 5 stripes) and then what the heck is going on with the stripes on the arms? Counting white space that's 9 or 10 stripes. I like the blue pants more than I thought I would. But that blue is way too bright. Heck there are people who say the current blue is too bright.

I also thought the red outlines on the blue letters was too much in the 80s unis and I see that's there too.

Gotta say, I guess I really like the current unis.

YATittle1962
03-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Just the helmet alone is a disaster.* The busy "disco" NY, the white stripes alongside the red (you see AFL/AFC teams doing this such as the Dolphins, and they include space so it looks like 5 stripes) and then what the heck is going on with the stripes on the arms?* Counting white space that's 9 or 10 stripes.* I like the blue pants more than I thought I would.* But that blue is way too bright.* Heck there are people who say the current blue is too bright.*

I also thought the red outlines on the blue letters was too much in the 80s unis and I see that's there too.

the current unis are my fav .........so similar to how they were when I was a kid...... sentimental I guess

jomo
03-04-2011, 10:43 PM

Just the helmet alone is a disaster. The busy "disco" NY, the white stripes alongside the red (you see AFL/AFC teams doing this such as the Dolphins, and they include space so it looks like 5 stripes) and then what the heck is going on with the stripes on the arms? Counting white space that's 9 or 10 stripes. I like the blue pants more than I thought I would. But that blue is way too bright. Heck there are people who say the current blue is too bright.

the current unis are my fav .........so similar to how they were when I was a kid...... sentimental I guessI'll take the current ones except for the gray pants............a little too gray for me.

NYG 5
03-05-2011, 12:14 AM
eh, i just always thought they were very interesting, especially considering that the giants actually approved them for wear.

http://jessiearmsteadnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ArmsteadJessie11.jpg

but i always thought there were the best whites of all time. its simple, yet sharp at the same time. the helmet, jersey, and pants all go together perfectly.

BUT BEFORE THIS BECOMES ANOTHER UNIFORM ARGUMENT, Tiki Barber used to get spelled by a guy who could have been called Little Tiki, as the offense kept on churning the few times he was put in to spell, leading to even more hate for the Dayne Train.

who was he?

allentown PA
03-05-2011, 12:56 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z**** </P>

</P>

thats awesome...good luck zim...there are numerous spots to take her up in the jim thorpe area.

allentown PA
03-05-2011, 01:01 AM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z**** </P>

</P>

thats awesome...good luck zim...there are numerous spots to take her up in the jim thorpe area.

molly maguire pub and steakhouse for starters!!!! been there its cool.

NYGRealityCheck
03-05-2011, 01:07 AM
eh, i just always thought they were very interesting, especially considering that the giants actually approved them for wear.

http://jessiearmsteadnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ArmsteadJessie11.jpg

but i always thought there were the best whites of all time. its simple, yet sharp at the same time. the helmet, jersey, and pants all go together perfectly.

BUT BEFORE THIS BECOMES ANOTHER UNIFORM ARGUMENT, Tiki Barber used to get spelled by a guy who could have been called Little Tiki, as the offense kept on churning the few times he was put in to spell, leading to even more hate for the Dayne Train.

who was he?

Delvin Joyce is the answer. He was mainly the KR/PR.

NYG 5
03-05-2011, 03:42 AM
negatory, he was even smaller than tiki, he was dave meggett redux, except he couldn't run between the tackles.

i'm thinking a few years later, but good memory

jmike
03-05-2011, 08:57 AM
negatory, he was even smaller than tiki, he was dave meggett redux, except he couldn't run between the tackles.

I thought you meant Joyce too. "Little Tiki", first person I thought of. Nobody else really meets the description. Joyce was here in '02 and '03 and Dayne's last season here was '04. So the only season that is post Joyce and still had Dayne was '04 which isn't a "few" years later and as I recall, the only back that got any playing time behind Barber and Dayne was Mike Cloud who could not be mistaken for Meggett or Barber.

NYG 5
03-05-2011, 10:49 AM

I thought you meant Joyce too. "Little Tiki", first person I thought of. Nobody else really meets the description. Joyce was here in '02 and '03 and Dayne's last season here was '04. So the only season that is post Joyce and still had Dayne was '04 which isn't a "few" years later and as I recall, the only back that got any playing time behind Barber and Dayne was Mike Cloud who could not be mistaken for Meggett or Barber.

bingo, mike cloud. remember that big game he had against the vikings? then they just stopped playing him. fatboy only had one decent game that year against the bengals. i always liked cloud, it was too bad he was just too old. he had the same build as tiki, 5-10 205lbs.

and joyce was only on the team 2002-2003. i think he was among one of the first guys released during coughlin's de-fasselization purge. he was okay as a return guy. had a pretty good return in the last minute of the botched snap debacle to set the giants up with that last chance.

jmike
03-05-2011, 11:16 AM

bingo, mike cloud. remember that big game he had against the vikings? then they just stopped playing him. fatboy only had one decent game that year against the bengals. i always liked cloud, it was too bad he was just too old. he had the same build as tiki, 5-10 205lbs.

and joyce was only on the team 2002-2003. i think he was among one of the first guys released during coughlin's de-fasselization purge. he was okay as a return guy. had a pretty good return in the last minute of the botched snap debacle to set the giants up with that last chance.

IDK if it was a "big" game. He had one nice run of about 30 yards which was half his total for the day. He did have a couple of short TD runs as I recall. But you are right they didn't use him much that season other than that game. I think he finished under 100 yards on the year with around 60 in that game.

zimonami
03-05-2011, 04:18 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z </P>

</P>

thats awesome...good luck zim...there are numerous spots to take her up in the jim thorpe area. molly maguire pub and steakhouse for starters!!!! been there its cool.</P>

You know Jim Thorpe, Allemtown!!</P>

Yes, lots of really nice spots here, although I told her she'd like it best once we get some leaves back here on the mountain. Until then I'll be visiting her in Poughkeepsie, which is also a nice area.</P>

allentown PA
03-05-2011, 10:46 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#76 Rosey Grier</P>

#81 Andy Robustelli</P>

Z**** </P>

</P>

thats awesome...good luck zim...there are numerous spots to take her up in the jim thorpe area. molly maguire pub and steakhouse for starters!!!! been there its cool.</P>

You know Jim Thorpe, Allemtown!!</P>

Yes, lots of really nice spots here, although I told her she'd like it best once we get some leaves back here on the mountain.* Until then I'll be visiting her in Poughkeepsie, which is also a nice area.</P>

I did some work in that area years back...there are some nice spots up there.

allentown PA
03-05-2011, 10:51 PM
In the 4 superbowls the giants have been to, who is the only giant with more than one touchdown in those four games???????????

NYG 5
03-05-2011, 11:05 PM
In the 4 superbowls the giants have been to, who is the only giant with more than one touchdown in those four games???????????

i know, but i had to look it up :(

jmike
03-05-2011, 11:20 PM

Otis Anderson

allentown PA
03-05-2011, 11:32 PM

Otis Anderson

yup.

allentown PA
03-06-2011, 02:07 PM
In 1997 the giants won a big game down the stretch at home against the skins...30-10, the giants picked off 4 passes that day, who was the redskin quarterback who threw the 4 picks?????????

NYGRealityCheck
03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
In 1997 the giants won a big game down the stretch at home against the skins...30-10, the giants picked off 4 passes that day, who was the redskin quarterback who threw the 4 picks?????????

Gosh I hope it's not Jeff Hostetler who is notoriously known to have went to the Redskins around that time after being a Giant. (sarcasm)

allentown PA
03-06-2011, 02:37 PM

Gosh I hope it's not Jeff Hostetler who is notoriously known to have went to the Redskins around that time after being a Giant. (sarcasm)

Is your answer jeff hostetler??? (sarcasam)

allentown PA
03-06-2011, 02:39 PM

do u ever just answer a question??? or do u always have to add some stupid *** comment??? (sarcasam)

NYGRealityCheck
03-06-2011, 02:45 PM

Is your answer jeff hostetler??? (sarcasam)

Here's a good one.
Name all the players that have won a Superbowl within the last 20 years After being a Giant.
Shockey is an obvious one...
Making it to the Superbowl doesn't count (e.g. Tyrone Wheatley).

ny06
03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
In 1997 the giants won a big game down the stretch at home against the skins...30-10, the giants picked off 4 passes that day, who was the redskin quarterback who threw the 4 picks????????? Gosh I hope it's not Jeff Hostetler who is notoriously known to have went to the Redskins around that time after being a Giant. (sarcasm) Is your answer jeff hostetler??? (sarcasam) Here's a good one. Name all the players that have won a Superbowl within the last 20 years After being a Giant. Shockey is an obvious one... Making it to the Superbowl doesn't count (e.g. Tyrone Wheatley).</P>

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

Ryan Grant (does he count, he was on the practice squad with the Gmen) Packers</P>

</P>

</P>