PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

rbcarpenter
03-06-2011, 07:27 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/nfl.1975.season.rare.photos/images/diron-talbert-craig-morton-01155159.jpg</P>

Z</P>

OMG, what awful uniforms.

Yeesh, glad I missed that (although maybe the blue pants could come back on the road paired with the red aways).

Needs more stripes! Sure makes me appreciate the current retro and I hope we stay put.
sorry,guys,i'm going to have to disagree with everyone on this call-i LOVE this uni,and i think it should be the throwback worn if we play next season....also,the helmet emblem is what i have tattooed in the middle of my back!

NYGRealityCheck
03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
In 1997 the giants won a big game down the stretch at home against the skins...30-10, the giants picked off 4 passes that day, who was the redskin quarterback who threw the 4 picks????????? Gosh I hope it's not Jeff Hostetler who is notoriously known to have went to the Redskins around that time after being a Giant. (sarcasm) Is your answer jeff hostetler??? (sarcasam) Here's a good one. Name all the players that have won a Superbowl within the last 20 years After being a Giant. Shockey is an obvious one... Making it to the Superbowl doesn't count (e.g. Tyrone Wheatley).</P>

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

Ryan Grant (does he count, he was on the practice squad with the Gmen) Packers</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Yup, absolutely!
Ryan Clark- the big hit when he laid out McGahee in the 2008 afc championship game.

Ryan Grant- The Giants had Brandon Jacobs, D. Ward, Bradshaw, DJ Ware etc... at that time going into their eventually superbowl season. There was no room for him on the roster, but they got a future sixth round pick from the packers for him.

Here's another one...David Patten- all 3 of the Patriots superbowl rings this century. He was the KR/WR as a Giant.

allentown PA
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
In 1997 the giants won a big game down the stretch at home against the skins...30-10, the giants picked off 4 passes that day, who was the redskin quarterback who threw the 4 picks????????? Gosh I hope it's not Jeff Hostetler who is notoriously known to have went to the Redskins around that time after being a Giant. (sarcasm) Is your answer jeff hostetler??? (sarcasam) Here's a good one. Name all the players that have won a Superbowl within the last 20 years After being a Giant. Shockey is an obvious one... Making it to the Superbowl doesn't count (e.g. Tyrone Wheatley).</P>

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

Ryan Grant (does he count, he was on the practice squad with the Gmen) Packers</P>

</P>

</P>

Yup, absolutely! Ryan Clark- the big hit when he laid out McGahee in the 2008 afc championship game. Ryan Grant- The Giants had Brandon Jacobs, D. Ward, Bradshaw, DJ Ware etc... at that time going into their eventually superbowl season. There was no room for him on the roster, but they got a future sixth round pick from the packers for him. Here's another one...David Patten- all 3 of the Patriots superbowl rings this century. He was the KR/WR as a Giant.</P>

</P>

Ed mccaffrey</P>

NYGRealityCheck
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Yup, absolutely! Ryan Clark- the big hit when he laid out McGahee in the 2008 afc championship game. Ryan Grant- The Giants had Brandon Jacobs, D. Ward, Bradshaw, DJ Ware etc... at that time going into their eventually superbowl season. There was no room for him on the roster, but they got a future sixth round pick from the packers for him. Here's another one...David Patten- all 3 of the Patriots superbowl rings this century. He was the KR/WR as a Giant.</P>

*</P>

Ed mccaffrey</P>

Yup! Ed McCaffrey started his NFL career as a Giant and his career was ended by a Giant-Shaun Williams, suffering the leg fracture on a hard tackle on Monday Night Football. Most notable for the Broncos superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) and was part of the 49ers Superbowl team (XXIX).

allentown PA
03-07-2011, 02:05 AM

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Ed mccaffrey</P>

Yup! Ed McCaffrey started his NFL career as a Giant and his career was ended by a Giant-Shaun Williams, suffering the leg fracture on a hard tackle on Monday Night Football. Most notable for the Broncos superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) and was part of the 49ers Superbowl team (XXIX).

forgot that he played with the niners too.

rbcarpenter
03-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Ed mccaffrey</P> Yup! Ed McCaffrey started his NFL career as a Giant and his career was ended by a Giant-Shaun Williams, suffering the leg fracture on a hard tackle on Monday Night Football. Most notable for the Broncos superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) and was part of the 49ers Superbowl team (XXIX). forgot that he played with the niners too.joe jurevicius won one with the bucs!

jomo
03-07-2011, 12:34 PM

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Ed mccaffrey</P> Yup! Ed McCaffrey started his NFL career as a Giant and his career was ended by a Giant-Shaun Williams, suffering the leg fracture on a hard tackle on Monday Night Football. Most notable for the Broncos superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) and was part of the 49ers Superbowl team (XXIX). forgot that he played with the niners too.joe jurevicius won one with the bucs!The mention of Jurevicious and McCaffrey provide me the opportunity to beat myself upover one of my common themes regarding late bloomers. I lack the patience for a guy in his second year who hasn't shown any real flash yet.I still maintainthat with all the talk of "give this guy some more time" most never get over the hump. It is clear however with these two that there are in fact some late bloomers. It is like anything else,we shouldn't generalize too aggressively. Leave the judgement calls up to the GM and coaches if you trust them.

allentown PA
03-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Ed mccaffrey</P> Yup! Ed McCaffrey started his NFL career as a Giant and his career was ended by a Giant-Shaun Williams, suffering the leg fracture on a hard tackle on Monday Night Football. Most notable for the Broncos superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) and was part of the 49ers Superbowl team (XXIX). forgot that he played with the niners too.joe jurevicius won one with the bucs!The mention of Jurevicious and McCaffrey provide me the opportunity to beat myself up*over one of my common themes regarding late bloomers. I lack the patience for a guy in his second year who hasn't shown any real flash yet.*I still maintain*that with all the talk of "give this guy some more time" most never get over the hump. It is clear however with these two that there are in fact some late bloomers. It is like anything else,*we shouldn't generalize too aggressively. Leave the judgement calls up to the GM and coaches if you trust them.

I agree with u about Joe J..but easy Ed had elway throwing to him to go along with a great running game...I think those things contributed to his sucess. Don't know if he would have been as good here with Kanell throwing to him.

SweetZombieJesus
03-07-2011, 01:35 PM
The mention of Jurevicious and McCaffrey provide me the opportunity to beat myself upover one of my common themes regarding late bloomers. I lack the patience for a guy in his second year who hasn't shown any real flash yet.I still maintainthat with all the talk of "give this guy some more time" most never get over the hump. It is clear however with these two that there are in fact some late bloomers. It is like anything else,we shouldn't generalize too aggressively. Leave the judgement calls up to the GM and coaches if you trust them.

I agree with u about Joe J..but easy Ed had elway throwing to him to go along with a great running game...I think those things contributed to his sucess. Don't know if he would have been as good here with Kanell throwing to him.

Those two guys always make me wince, not so much for being "late bloomers" but George Young's terrible handling of free agency. In my memory they were just blossoming under our system and we refused to retain virtually anybody when they hit free agent status.

Also in the case of Ed "Too Tall" McCaffree, well we talk about how lousy the QB play was in the mid-late 90s but there was a lot of questionable talent at WR in that time span too. Having a guy like McCaffree on the team when we were struggling with Dave Brown may have helped, and he could have transitioned into the Kerry Collins era.

I felt like we were finally watching these guys develop, we did all the hard work, and then they walk.

allentown PA
03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
The mention of Jurevicious and McCaffrey provide me the opportunity to beat myself up*over one of my common themes regarding late bloomers. I lack the patience for a guy in his second year who hasn't shown any real flash yet.*I still maintain*that with all the talk of "give this guy some more time" most never get over the hump. It is clear however with these two that there are in fact some late bloomers. It is like anything else,*we shouldn't generalize too aggressively. Leave the judgement calls up to the GM and coaches if you trust them.

Those two guys always make me wince, not so much for being "late bloomers" but George Young's terrible handling of free agency.* In my memory they were just blossoming under our system and we refused to retain virtually anybody when they hit free agent status.*

Also in the case of Ed "Too Tall" McCaffree, well we talk about how lousy the QB play was in the mid-late 90s but there was a lot of questionable talent at WR in that time span too.* Having a guy like McCaffree on the team when we were struggling with Dave Brown may have helped, and he could have transitioned into the Kerry Collins era.

I felt like we were finally watching these guys develop, we did all the hard work, and then they walk.

it was hard watching them have sucess but, I can watch Joe J take it to the house against philly in the nfc championship game all day.

jomo
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
The mention of Jurevicious and McCaffrey provide me the opportunity to beat myself upover one of my common themes regarding late bloomers. I lack the patience for a guy in his second year who hasn't shown any real flash yet.I still maintainthat with all the talk of "give this guy some more time" most never get over the hump. It is clear however with these two that there are in fact some late bloomers. It is like anything else,we shouldn't generalize too aggressively. Leave the judgement calls up to the GM and coaches if you trust them. I agree with u about Joe J..but easy Ed had elway throwing to him to go along with a great running game...I think those things contributed to his sucess. Don't know if he would have been as good here with Kanell throwing to him.

Those two guys always make me wince, not so much for being "late bloomers" but George Young's terrible handling of free agency. In my memory they were just blossoming under our system and we refused to retain virtually anybody when they hit free agent status.

Also in the case of Ed "Too Tall" McCaffree, well we talk about how lousy the QB play was in the mid-late 90s but there was a lot of questionable talent at WR in that time span too. Having a guy like McCaffree on the team when we were struggling with Dave Brown may have helped, and he could have transitioned into the Kerry Collins era.

it was hard watching them have sucess but, I can watch Joe J take it to the house against philly in the nfc championship game all day.I got to meet McCaffrey last fall in Colorado and he was a hechuva nice guy who had nothing but good things to say about the Giants. He also looked like he could play a football game tomorrow, he is still very lean and slapped together.

allentown PA
03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
The mention of Jurevicious and McCaffrey provide me the opportunity to beat myself up*over one of my common themes regarding late bloomers. I lack the patience for a guy in his second year who hasn't shown any real flash yet.*I still maintain*that with all the talk of "give this guy some more time" most never get over the hump. It is clear however with these two that there are in fact some late bloomers. It is like anything else,*we shouldn't generalize too aggressively. Leave the judgement calls up to the GM and coaches if you trust them. I agree with u about Joe J..but easy Ed had elway throwing to him to go along with a great running game...I think those things contributed to his sucess. Don't know if he would have been as good here with Kanell throwing to him.

Those two guys always make me wince, not so much for being "late bloomers" but George Young's terrible handling of free agency.* In my memory they were just blossoming under our system and we refused to retain virtually anybody when they hit free agent status.*

Also in the case of Ed "Too Tall" McCaffree, well we talk about how lousy the QB play was in the mid-late 90s but there was a lot of questionable talent at WR in that time span too.* Having a guy like McCaffree on the team when we were struggling with Dave Brown may have helped, and he could have transitioned into the Kerry Collins era.

it was hard watching them have sucess but, I can watch Joe J take it to the house against philly in the nfc championship game all day.I got to meet McCaffrey last fall in Colorado and he was a hechuva nice guy who had nothing but good things to say about the Giants. He also looked like he could play a football game tomorrow, he is still very lean and slapped together.

He is a nice guy...I have met him and have been at several of the same social gatherings as him...he went to my high school, he is older than me but, I can remeber watching him play when I was a kid.

zimonami
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
The mention of Jurevicious and McCaffrey provide me the opportunity to beat myself upover one of my common themes regarding late bloomers. I lack the patience for a guy in his second year who hasn't shown any real flash yet.I still maintainthat with all the talk of "give this guy some more time" most never get over the hump. It is clear however with these two that there are in fact some late bloomers. It is like anything else,we shouldn't generalize too aggressively. Leave the judgement calls up to the GM and coaches if you trust them. I agree with u about Joe J..but easy Ed had elway throwing to him to go along with a great running game...I think those things contributed to his sucess. Don't know if he would have been as good here with Kanell throwing to him.

it was hard watching them have sucess but, I can watch Joe J take it to the house against philly in the nfc championship game all day.I got to meet McCaffrey last fall in Colorado and he was a hechuva nice guy who had nothing but good things to say about the Giants. He also looked like he could play a football game tomorrow, he is still very lean and slapped together. He is a nice guy...I have met him and have been at several of the same social gatherings as him...he went to my high school, he is older than me but, I can remeber watching him play when I was a kid.</P>

You're right on, SZJ. My only real criticism of George was his his inability to capture the nuances of free agency. We let them get away and we never got any other good, available FA's to take their place. Tight purse strings during GY's era. And, WR was just nota positionGeorge wanted to use a high draft pick for, either.</P>

jomo
03-07-2011, 03:12 PM

it was hard watching them have sucess but, I can watch Joe J take it to the house against philly in the nfc championship game all day.I got to meet McCaffrey last fall in Colorado and he was a hechuva nice guy who had nothing but good things to say about the Giants. He also looked like he could play a football game tomorrow, he is still very lean and slapped together. He is a nice guy...I have met him and have been at several of the same social gatherings as him...he went to my high school, he is older than me but, I can remeber watching him play when I was a kid.</P>

You're right on, SZJ. My only real criticism of George was his his inability to capture the nuances of free agency. We let them get away and we never got any other good, available FA's to take their place. Tight purse strings during GY's era. And, WR was just nota positionGeorge wanted to use a high draft pick for, either.</P>George never captured the nuance of an interview with the media either. lol Did you ever hear him on WFAN? He was all at once snarly, prickly, dismissive and charming. He never gave up any useful information in an interview (which is probably a good thing for a GM). He saved this franchise but he did have a few blind spots which limited some of his success.

SEC105
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM

You're right on, SZJ. My only real criticism of George was his his inability to capture the nuances of free agency. We let them get away and we never got any other good, available FA's to take their place. Tight purse strings during GY's era. And, WR was just nota positionGeorge wanted to use a high draft pick for, either.</P>

George never captured the nuance of an interview with the media either. lol Did you ever hear him on WFAN? He was all at once snarly, prickly, dismissive and charming. He never gave up any useful information in an interview (which is probably a good thing for a GM). He saved this franchise but he did have a few blind spots which limited some of his success.</P>

You are right Jomo.....George was never much of a "Great" interviewer.....but he got us to this </P>

I guess thats all that really matters....at least imo</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q&amp;feature=related</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Lets expand on the question of Giants who won Super Bowls with other teams to include all Giants who did it.........not just the last 20 years</P>

Here's a player and I for oneam glad he got his SB Ring...just so long as he got it!!!</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3pH8F1XaEYc/SZyjQo0COhI/AAAAAAAADpE/qMxpEuxRHp4/s320/!!!vanpeltbradgis.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jomo
03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Lets expand on the question of Giants who won Super Bowls with other teams to include all Giants who did it.........not just the last 20 years</P>

Here's a player**** and I for one*am glad he got his SB Ring...just so long as he got it!!!</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3pH8F1XaEYc/SZyjQo0COhI/AAAAAAAADpE/qMxpEuxRHp4/s320/!!!vanpeltbradgis.jpg</P>

Z</P>Having trouble grasping the reframed question but if that's #10, could it be Brad Van Pelt. If so I think his only ring was with us in 1986.

allentown PA
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM

Here's a player**** and I for one*am glad he got his SB Ring...just so long as he got it!!!</P>

Z</P>Having trouble grasping the reframed question but if that's #10, could it be Brad Van Pelt. If so I think his only ring was with us in 1986.

I don't think he got a ring with us in 86, pretty sure he wasn't on the team in 86.

YATittle1962
03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Van Pelt doesnt have a ring.....he was only with us until '83....went to the Raiders for a couple years......then I think the Browns....

he missed getting a ring with Oakland by one year

Roosevelt
03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Name all 3...

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3661/guesswhoy.jpg

ny06
03-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Name all 3...

</P>

No ****ing idea lol</P>

rbc,YA,zim, SEC, should know this one.</P>

SEC105
03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Van Pelt doesnt have a ring.....he was only with us until '83....went to the Raiders for a couple years......then I think the Browns.... he missed getting a ring with Oakland by one year</P>

Los Angeles Raiders in 1984......only time the Raiders won a SB in L. A......Almost positive thats where Brad got his ring</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Name all 3...

</P>

I'll take crack at it Rosey Aaron Thomas 88 Willie Young 69 Bobby Duhon 28 </P>

Late sixties?</P>

Z</P>

jomo
03-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Name all 3...

</P>

Late sixties?</P>

Z</P>Strong move SEC105, almost sure on Thomas and Duhon, not so sure on Willie Young but my money's on you.

YATittle1962
03-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Name all 3...

Aaron Thomas, Willie Young (who I was a huge fan of), and maybe Duhan........?

probably around '68 maybe

YATittle1962
03-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Van Pelt doesnt have a ring.....he was only with us until '83....went to the Raiders for a couple years......then I think the Browns.... he missed getting a ring with Oakland by one year</P>

Los Angeles Raiders in 1984......only time the Raiders won a SB in L. A......Almost positive thats where Brad got his ring</P>

Z</P>

but wasnt that the '83 season?.....when Brad was still with us

rbcarpenter
03-07-2011, 10:32 PM

Here's a player and I for oneam glad he got his SB Ring...just so long as he got it!!!</P>

Z</P>sorry,sec105,i had to look it up to make sure my memory banks are functioning correctly...van pelt joined the raiders for the 84 season,but they won the super bowl in 83.brad missed by one year.too bad,brad deserved better.

SEC105
03-07-2011, 10:39 PM

Z</P>

but wasnt that the '83 season?.....when Brad was still with us</P>

You may be right on that Y. A.......gonna have to do some research</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Z</P>

sorry,sec105,i had to look it up to make sure my memory banks are functioning correctly...van pelt joined the raiders for the 84 season,but they won the super bowl in 83.brad missed by one year.too bad,brad deserved better.</P>

Well , I learn things all the time on this thread....always thought he got that ring RBC</P>

if only he had been a couple years later then was....he would have been with us for the beginning of the glory years as you mentioned he deserved better R I P #10 A GREAT NY Giant</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
03-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Z</P>

sorry,sec105,i had to look it up to make sure my memory banks are functioning correctly...van pelt joined the raiders for the 84 season,but they won the super bowl in 83.brad missed by one year.too bad,brad deserved better.</P>

Well , I learn things all the time on this thread....always thought he got that ring RBC</P>

if only he had been a couple years later then was....he would have been with us for the beginning of the glory years** as you mentioned he deserved better* R I P* #10* A GREAT NY Giant</P>

Z</P>

he sure did deserve a ring........he was a pure champion

Roosevelt
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Name all 3...

</p>

I'll take crack at it Rosey Aaron Thomas 88 Willie Young 69 Bobby Duhon 28 </p>

Late sixties?</p>

Z</p>

Nice Sec 105. [Y]

Here's a press pick Rosey gave me of Aaron:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9041/aaronthomas.jpg

SEC105
03-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Name all 3...

</P>

Late sixties?</P>

Z</P>

Nice Sec 105. [Y]

Here's a press pick Rosey gave me of Aaron:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9041/aaronthomas.jpg

</P>

Great pic Rosey He sure experienced the high and lows of being a Giant [1962-1970]</P>

Underated player imo one of my favorites as a kid</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VFYuAlZ9trY/TCDthYIfINI/AAAAAAAACfc/F7DoXFRNeGU/s1600/1967+Aaron+Thomas.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
40 years ago today.....one of the Greatest heavywiehgt fights ever</P>

Ali/Frazier I</P>

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/05/18/6/342/3425287/0ca42a8f98970996_ALI_FRAZIER_1_COLOR_3.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
1984 which Giants can you identify?</P>

http://cdn2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/150/709/753/ELoi.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Roosevelt
03-08-2011, 04:22 PM
1984 which Giants can you identify?</p>

http://cdn2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/150/709/753/ELoi.jpg</p>

Z</p>

I see Phil, Jeff, &amp; Hoss. I'm guessing #23 is Perry and 66 is Roberts. I don't recall #37.

SEC105
03-08-2011, 04:37 PM

Z</P>

I see Phil, Jeff, &amp; Hoss. I'm guessing #23 is Perry and 66 is Roberts. I don't recall #37.
</P>

Good job Rose all sound right to me......#37 is atough one but his name is known once you hear it</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Found this on former Giant WRByron Williams......it keeps pausing but still a good vid with some old faces we reconize in there enjoy it</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmTYcZ5HAs4</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
03-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Z</P>

</P>

37 - isn't that Jesse Campbell?</P>

zimonami
03-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

No, Zimbo... 3 demerits.</P>

Campbell was 37, early 90's.</P>

37 in '84 had to be Larry 'send me no' Flowers</P>

allentown PA
03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
1984**** which Giants can you identify?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I don't think so zim...he came around much later... like in the mid 90's...I think anyway

zimonami
03-08-2011, 06:35 PM
40 years ago today.....one of the Greatest heavywiehgt fights ever</P>

Ali/Frazier I</P>

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/05/18/6/342/3425287/0ca42a8f98970996_ALI_FRAZIER_1_COLOR_3.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Went to a theater in Waterbury, Ct, to see this fight live. Was a big Ali fan and thought he controlled the whole fight... except for 1 punch.</P>

Watching the film several times since then I have to give Frazier more props than I did originally. It was a hell of a fight... one of the best ever.</P>

zimonami
03-08-2011, 06:38 PM

Z</P>

if only he had been a couple years later then was....he would have been with us for the beginning of the glory years as you mentioned he deserved better R I P #10 A GREAT NY Giant</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Yeah, picture us with Brad in '86 and '90. Can you imagine? Who sits? Reasons in '86 and Pepper in '90?? </P>

03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Found this on former Giant WR*Byron Williams......it keeps pausing but still a good vid with some old faces we reconize in there** enjoy it</P>

*</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmTYcZ5HAs4</P>

Z</P>VERY NICE VIDEO>>>THANX

NYGRealityCheck
03-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Ed mccaffrey</P> Yup! Ed McCaffrey started his NFL career as a Giant and his career was ended by a Giant-Shaun Williams, suffering the leg fracture on a hard tackle on Monday Night Football. Most notable for the Broncos superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) and was part of the 49ers Superbowl team (XXIX). forgot that he played with the niners too.joe jurevicius won one with the bucs!

Yup! Joe Jurevicious also played with the Giants when they went to the Superbowl vs. the Ravens. But back then, he had trouble getting a starting position on the WR depth chart with Toomer and Hilliard ahead of him. Therefore, he got no receptions in that Superbowl much like how Ron Dayne got no carries in that game either.
However, when he was on the field for the Giants, he was usually billed as being 6'5" and a bigger target for his "Penn State Connection" with Kerry Collins. Joe Jurevicious went to the Bucs like Ike Hilliard later on. The difference? Joe Jurevicious won Superbowl XXXVII when the Bucs humbled the Raiders and lead the team in receiving yards in that game.

allentown PA
03-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Ryan Clark Steelers</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Yup! Joe Jurevicious also played with the Giants when they went to the Superbowl vs. the Ravens. But back then, he had trouble getting a starting position on the WR depth chart with Toomer and Hilliard ahead of him. Therefore, he got no receptions in that Superbowl much like how Ron Dayne got no carries in that game either.
However, when he was on the field for the Giants, he was usually billed as being 6'5" and a bigger target for his "Penn State Connection" with Kerry Collins. Joe Jurevicious went to the Bucs like Ike Hilliard later on. The difference? Joe Jurevicious won Superbowl XXXVII when the Bucs humbled the Raiders and lead the team in receiving yards in that game.

Is that it??? or has there been more??

rbcarpenter
03-08-2011, 11:19 PM

Z</P>

</P>

37 - isn't that Jesse Campbell?</P> I don't think so zim...he came around much later... like in the mid 90's...I think anywaysimms,rut,hoss,and william roberts in the backround....was #37 larry flowers?

rbcarpenter
03-09-2011, 10:29 AM

Z</P>

</P>

37 - isn't that Jesse Campbell?</P> I don't think so zim...he came around much later... like in the mid 90's...I think anywaysimms,rut,hoss,and william roberts in the backround....was #37 larry flowers?oh,and # 23 is perry williams.

jomo
03-09-2011, 07:34 PM

Z</P>

</P>

37 - isn't that Jesse Campbell?</P> I don't think so zim...he came around much later... like in the mid 90's...I think anywaysimms,rut,hoss,and william roberts in the backround....was #37 larry flowers?oh,and # 23 is perry williams.Nice CB that Perry Williams. we could use one like him right now.

rbcarpenter
03-09-2011, 11:26 PM

Z</P>

</P>

37 - isn't that Jesse Campbell?</P> I don't think so zim...he came around much later... like in the mid 90's...I think anywaysimms,rut,hoss,and william roberts in the backround....was #37 larry flowers?oh,and # 23 is perry williams.Nice CB that Perry Williams. we could use one like him right now.met both him and sparks at draft day parties,good giants and good guys to talk to,very friendly.[Y]

SEC105
03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
What former Giant oncehosted "Saturday Night Live"? [quite awhile ago].....not Eli but it was a QB</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Who is this former Giant....?</P>

http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/07/large_dahlback</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
What former Giant once*hosted "Saturday Night Live"? [quite a*while ago].....not Eli but it was a QB</P>

Z</P>

Tarkenton

jmike
03-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Who is this former Giant....?</p>

http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/07/large_dahlback</p>

Z</p>

Craig Dahl?

YATittle1962
03-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Tom Bradys passer rating at Haftime of Superbowl 42 ....above or below 50?

allentown PA
03-10-2011, 09:19 PM

above

jmike
03-10-2011, 09:45 PM

above

below

SEC105
03-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Who is this former Giant....?</P>

http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/07/large_dahlback</P>

Z</P>

Craig Dahl?

</P>

Thats him.....playing for Spags these days last I heard</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-10-2011, 10:15 PM
What former Giant oncehosted "Saturday Night Live"? [quite awhile ago].....not Eli but it was a QB</P>

Z</P>

Tarkenton</P>

It was Fran......did you remember that show from the 70's Allentown?</P>

http://hotoffpress.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/coldopen3.jpg</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-10-2011, 10:19 PM
What former Giant once*hosted "Saturday Night Live"? [quite a*while ago].....not Eli but it was a QB</P>

Z</P>

Tarkenton</P>

It was Fran......did you remember that show from the 70's** Allentown?</P>

Z</P>

lol..no..it was before my time actually...but i figured once u said it wasnt eli, I knew it wasnt warner and as much as I would have loved to see dave brown host snl it wasnt him either...so I figured it would be tark.

SEC105
03-10-2011, 10:42 PM

Z</P>

Tarkenton</P>

It was Fran......did you remember that show from the 70's Allentown?</P>

Z</P>

lol..no..it was before my time actually...but i figured once u said it wasnt eli, I knew it wasnt warner and as much as I would have loved to see dave brown host snl it wasnt him either...so I figured it would be tark.</P>

Till this day I cannot fiqure out why Dave Brown never got the call from SNL lol</P>

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2010/11/84-dave_brown_01.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Tom Bradys passer rating at Haftime of Superbowl 42 ....above or below 50?</P>

I'll guess above Y.A.</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
03-11-2011, 12:34 AM

Z</P>

</P>

lol, SEC. The eternal trick question. The great Tom Brady... why would you ever figure his rating was below 50. If it was above, the question would never have been asked.</P>

allentown PA
03-11-2011, 12:41 AM

Z</P>

Tarkenton</P>

It was Fran......did you remember that show from the 70's** Allentown?</P>

Z</P>

lol..no..it was before my time actually...but i figured once u said it wasnt eli, I knew it wasnt warner and as much as I would have loved to see dave brown host snl it wasnt him either...so I figured it would be tark.</P>

Till this day I cannot fiqure out why Dave Brown never got the call from SNL** lol</P>

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2010/11/84-dave_brown_01.jpg</P>

Z</P>

lol..cool pics as always sec105

allentown PA
03-11-2011, 12:45 AM

Z</P>

</P>

lol, SEC. The eternal trick question.* The great Tom Brady... why would you ever figure his rating was below 50.* If it was above, the question would never have been asked.</P>

Thats what I thought too zim but it would be too easy if it was under...so i think its a double trick question maybe??? or maybe I need to get a life and stop obsessing over questions on a message board??? well anyway im changing my answer to below...am I allowed to do that?? lol

jmike
03-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Tom Bradys passer rating at Haftime of Superbowl 42 ....above or below 50?</p>

I'll guess above Y.A.</p>

Z</p>

</p>

lol, SEC. The eternal trick question. The great Tom Brady... why would you ever figure his rating was below 50. If it was above, the question would never have been asked.</p>

Thats what I thought too zim but it would be too easy if it was under...so i think its a double trick question maybe??? or maybe I need to get a life and stop obsessing over questions on a message board??? well anyway im changing my answer to below...am I allowed to do that?? lol

Well I guessed below because somebody already guessed above. Even if it was above I still couldn't have won guessing that because I was second.

jomo
03-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Z</P>

</P>

lol, SEC. The eternal trick question. The great Tom Brady... why would you ever figure his rating was below 50. If it was above, the question would never have been asked.</P> Thats what I thought too zim but it would be too easy if it was under...so i think its a double trick question maybe??? or maybe I need to get a life and stop obsessing over questions on a message board??? well anyway im changing my answer to below...am I allowed to do that?? lol

Well I guessed below because somebody already guessed above. Even if it was above I still couldn't have won guessing that because I was second.
It would be the ultimate trick question if it was exactly 50 at halftime. [;)]

NYG 5
03-11-2011, 01:04 PM
It woould have to be over 50. 1 touchdown 0 interceptions, probably in the low 70s or 60s

YATittle1962
03-11-2011, 01:27 PM
It woould have to be over 50. 1 touchdown 0 interceptions, probably in the low 70s or 60s

but he didnt have a TD until the 4th quarter

zimonami
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
It woould have to be over 50. 1 touchdown 0 interceptions, probably in the low 70s or 60s but he didnt have a TD until the 4th quarter</P>

The plot thickens</P>

NYG 5
03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I thought he threw a touchdown to the tight end over pierce? Or was that just to the goal line... O comprende

allentown PA
03-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I thought he threw a touchdown to the tight end over pierce? Or was that just to the goal line... O comprende

that was the pass interference call...Mahroney scored that TD, i think

YATittle1962
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM

PI was called on Pierce.....and it was incomplete......they got the ball on the 1 and Maroney ran it in on the first play of the 2nd quarter.......

NYGRealityCheck
03-11-2011, 06:18 PM

PI was called on Pierce.....and it was incomplete......they got the ball on the 1 and Maroney ran it in on the first play of the 2nd quarter.......

PI on Pierce cause I think James Butler blew the coverage on Benjamin Watson and Pierce had to run down Watson from behind and create the pass interference to prevent the passing-catching TD. Pierce then yelled at Butler after the play. If I remeber correctly...lol

allentown PA
03-11-2011, 09:48 PM
It woould have to be over 50. 1 touchdown 0 interceptions, probably in the low 70s or 60s but he didnt have a TD until the 4th quarter</P>

The plot thickens</P>

lol

YATittle1962
03-12-2011, 06:37 PM

jomo
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
58.5I demand a recount! lol

allentown PA
03-12-2011, 09:16 PM

yes!!!!! knew it was a double trick question.

zimonami
03-12-2011, 10:00 PM
That turned out to be an interesting question.</P>

MEANWHILE... we all missed it!!!</P>

March 11 this DYK thread hit 2 years.</P>

That's 14 in dog years. We are an old dog.</P>

Thank You YA... It's been a great place to visit every day since then. You know whatthis meant to me in those bad times... A nice, slowly growing home for many excellent Giant fans... and friends.</P>

jomo
03-12-2011, 10:52 PM

Thank You YA... It's been a great place to visit every day since then. You know whatthis meant to me in those bad times... A nice, slowly growing home for many excellent Giant fans... and friends.</P>+1 thanks so much YA for DYK. It is a great place to hang out with friends who are needed more sometimes than they realize.

YATittle1962
03-13-2011, 01:18 AM

That's 14 in dog years.* We are an old dog.</P>

Thank You YA... It's been a great place to visit every day since then.* You know what*this meant to me in those bad times...* A nice, slowly growing home for many excellent Giant fans... and friends.</P>+1 thanks so much YA for DYK. It is a great place to hang out with friends who are needed more sometimes than they realize.

you guys make it great.......I just happened to ask the first question.....one of us would have started this eventually if I hadnt

we will have to make a tribute to the old girl when the new boards take over.....

jmike
03-13-2011, 08:49 AM

Thank You YA... It's been a great place to visit every day since then. You know whatthis meant to me in those bad times... A nice, slowly growing home for many excellent Giant fans... and friends.</P>

+1 thanks so much YA for DYK. It is a great place to hang out with friends who are needed more sometimes than they realize. you guys make it great.......I just happened to ask the first question.....one of us would have started this eventually if I hadnt we will have to make a tribute to the old girl when the new boards take over.....</P>

</P>

Just copy and paste the whole thing.</P>

YATittle1962
03-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Thank You YA... It's been a great place to visit every day since then.* You know what*this meant to me in those bad times...* A nice, slowly growing home for many excellent Giant fans... and friends.</P>

+1 thanks so much YA for DYK. It is a great place to hang out with friends who are needed more sometimes than they realize. you guys make it great.......I just happened to ask the first question.....one of us would have started this eventually if I hadnt we will have to make a tribute to the old girl when the new boards take over.....</P>

*</P>

Just copy and paste the whole thing.</P>

genius !!!!!

:)

allentown PA
03-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Thank You YA... It's been a great place to visit every day since then.* You know what*this meant to me in those bad times...* A nice, slowly growing home for many excellent Giant fans... and friends.</P>

it is a cool thread..not to sound negative but 90% of the threads started these days are boring....most of you that post on this thread seem like nice guys. I've learned a lot about the giants here.

YATittle1962
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
here is some classic Simms.......

a nice memory for those of us who watched him....

.....and a little reminder for those who didnt see him play and doubted his skills

what year is this from and who won the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IlkXda366w

SEC105
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Nice video Y.A...I'll guess 1983?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-14-2011, 03:44 PM
These are the college stats of what former Giant QB?</P>

http://storedaily.com/pictures/sports/jared-lorenzen-kentucky-wildca.jpg</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
03-14-2011, 04:08 PM

Z</P>the hefty lefty,jared lorenzen...u of k helmet was a giveaway.

rbcarpenter
03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
here is some classic Simms....... a nice memory for those of us who watched him.... .....and a little reminder for those who didnt see him play and doubted his skills what year is this from and who won the game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IlkXda366w i think it was 1980,i saw gray out there for the g-men and bruenig for the boys,and i know in 81 in giants stadium the cowboys wore a much darker blue than what they have in that vid...was this the 1980 game that broke the long losing streak where martin caught a td pass in the 38-35 win?

zimonami
03-14-2011, 04:14 PM
here is some classic Simms....... a nice memory for those of us who watched him.... .....and a little reminder for those who didnt see him play and doubted his skills what year is this from and who won the game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IlkXda366w</P>

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

Heater was with us, '80 to '83 or '84.</P>

I think it was the game we upset Dallas at home in '80...</P>

SEC105
03-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Z</P>

the hefty lefty,jared lorenzen...u of k helmet was a giveaway.</P>

Thats him RBC.....I knew that helmut would give it away lol</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2007/09/12/alg_jaredlorenzen.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Is Jaret Lorenzen still playing?</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8YKQBpww_8&amp;NR=1</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
here is some classic Simms....... a nice memory for those of us who watched him.... .....and a little reminder for those who didnt see him play and doubted his skills what year is this from and who won the game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IlkXda366w</P>

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

that was a cool clip...I never saw that....does anyone have the clip of Allegre's 47 yard field goal in the NFC champ game...I've been lookin for that and the first Defensive series of that game.

SEC105
03-14-2011, 05:07 PM

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

that was a cool clip...I never saw that....does anyone have the clip of Allegre's 47 yard field goal in the NFC champ game...I've been lookin for that and the first Defensive series of that game.</P>

The Redskin game.......17-0?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-14-2011, 05:09 PM
http://inthegamecollectibles.com/upload/products/product_186.jpg</P>

Have not seen GMB posterJints 10.....thought he mightlike this pic of Brad Van Pelt</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-14-2011, 05:09 PM

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

that was a cool clip...I never saw that....does anyone have the clip of Allegre's 47 yard field goal in the NFC champ game...I've been lookin for that and the first Defensive series of that game.</P>

Z</P>

yup...been lookin for that clip on youtube for years.

SEC105
03-14-2011, 05:11 PM

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

Z</P>

yup...been lookin for that clip on youtube for years.</P>

I'll see if I can find it somewhere AT</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-14-2011, 05:13 PM

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

thanks...i appreciate it

SEC105
03-14-2011, 05:24 PM

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

thanks...i appreciate it</P>

not a good shot of it [raul just kicking the ball] but it's in here just after the one minute mark of the vid</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUofgh6M7qA&amp;feature=related</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-14-2011, 05:26 PM

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

Z</P>

Z</P>

thanks...i appreciate it</P>

not a good shot of it [raul just kicking the ball] but it's in here just after the one minute mark of the vid</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUofgh6M7qA&feature=related</P>

Z</P>

cool..thanks...the manuel touchdown is on the playlist too.

SEC105
03-14-2011, 05:27 PM
This is the play when I knew that season was going to be special.......4th and 17 @ Minnesota</P>

What a great moment in Giant history</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeL9kgFLqZc</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-14-2011, 05:30 PM
This is the play when I knew that season was going to be special.......4th and 17 @ Minnesota</P>

Z</P>

that was a big play...the burt touchdown in 88 against the skins is on there too....I think that was opening night.

SEC105
03-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Who is this former Giant?</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/28/gal_calloway_then.jpg</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
03-14-2011, 05:38 PM

Z</P>

chris calloway?

rbcarpenter
03-14-2011, 07:43 PM

Z</P> chris calloway?that's my guess,chris cab calloway

allentown PA
03-14-2011, 07:46 PM

Z</P> chris calloway?that's my guess,chris cab calloway

I personally was never big on him...I didnt really like any of are recievers in those years.

YATittle1962
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM

</P>

Nice clip.</P>

yup 1980....our first win after a looooong losing streak.....

I remember that game like it was yesterday

zimonami
03-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Z</P>

</P>

agree 100%, SEC. That play... seems like yesterday... I thought Phil's pass was never going to come down... the defining moment... all the pieces just fell into place after that... you knew destiny was writing our story.</P>

SEC105
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM

Z</P>

chris calloway?that's my guess,chris cab calloway</P>

Yup guys....it's Chris [all the way] Callaway</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Z</P>

</P>

agree 100%, SEC. That play... seems like yesterday... I thought Phil's pass was never going to come down... the defining moment... all the pieces just fell into place after that... you knew destiny was writing our story.</P>

</P>

The defining moment Z............like you say...it was our destiny that year</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Here's some good highlights from our 1990 year and our runto SB 25</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qegw7SNU8sM</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
03-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Here's some good highlights from our 1990 year and our runto SB 25</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qegw7SNU8sM</P>

Z</P>don't get me wrong,i like papa and banks,but to me they weren't even close to richard lynch and jim gordon...met gordon a few times at valerie roast fund dinners,what a class act and a good guy.in fact,the first time i asked him for his autogragh,he was shocked that i knew who he was-when i told him i was a rangers fan as well and had m.s.g.,he laughed,but then i told him as good as he was at hockey,i preferred his football work,he stood there and talked to me(a 14 year old kid)for about 15 minutes.great guy,sorely missed by this fan.

SEC105
03-15-2011, 05:18 PM
How many players can you identify in this pic?</P>

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81801914.jpg?v=1&amp;c=NewsMaker&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF87892 15ABF3343C02EA548EB863FC97A041B6DDB420DDC0B0BEB291 2ED2F3362DD7059</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
03-15-2011, 08:51 PM

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81801914.jpg?v=1&amp;c=NewsMaker&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF87892 15ABF3343C02EA548EB863FC97A041B6DDB420DDC0B0BEB291 2ED2F3362DD7059</P>

Z</P>

</P>

can't see it, SEC.</P>

ny06
03-15-2011, 09:31 PM

Z</P>

</P>

can't see it, SEC.</P>

</P>

I can't see it either. </P>

YATittle1962
03-16-2011, 02:49 PM

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81801914.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548EB863FC97A041B6D DB420DDC0B0BEB2912ED2F3362DD7059</P>

Z</P>

55 Brian Kelley
64 John Mendenhal
77 I really have no idea at the moment

maybe 1975?

Roswell777
03-16-2011, 03:15 PM
The only 77 I remember was Troy Archer.

SEC105
03-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Z</P>

55 Brian Kelley 64 John Mendenhal 77 I really have no idea at the moment maybe 1975?</P>

YA and Ros.....think you guys pretty much covered it 1977 I believe I had the late Troy Archer [77] Brian Kelly {55} and it looks like #64 so it would be John Mendenhall. 33 of course is Tony Dorsett for the Cowboys</P>

Not sure why some can't see pic....But SI is very fickle about the posting of their images.....they will let you put it up ......then ......BOOM!....take it back lol the SOBs[;)]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Who is this former Eagles MLB......tough and mean *******</P>

http://tscauthentics.com/images/billbergey.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jomo
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM

Z</P>Bill Bergey, one tough SOB.

Roswell777
03-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Got a tough one for you guys....

What was the unusual situation that prompted the Giants to sign Pete Gogolak?

Hint: It had nothing to do with the fact that he was the first soccer style kicker.

ny06
03-16-2011, 09:43 PM

Hint: It had nothing to do with the fact that he was the first soccer style kicker.

</P>

I am stumped</P>

zimonami
03-16-2011, 10:15 PM

</P>

1965 season...we were stuck with brutally bad Bob Timberlake, who was missing every FG attempted . Gogo did not have a binding contract with Buffalo, so was essentially a free agent.</P>

Desperation to get a good kicker caused the Giants to 'Raid' the AFL and get Gogo.... the first time that had been done.</P>

YATittle1962
03-16-2011, 11:29 PM
The only 77 I remember was Troy Archer.

wow ...how did I not think of Troy.....

I guess cus I was thinking '75 for some reason

YATittle1962
03-16-2011, 11:32 PM

Hint:* It had nothing to do with the fact that he was the first soccer style kicker.

</P>

1965 season...we were stuck with brutally bad Bob Timberlake, who was missing every FG attempted . Gogo did not have a binding contract with Buffalo, so was essentially a free agent.</P>

Desperation to get a good kicker caused the Giants to 'Raid' the AFL and get Gogo.... the first time that had been done.</P>

that signing almost started a war........Wellington broke the unspoken rule.....

but it ultimately broke the ice for the merger

rbcarpenter
03-16-2011, 11:35 PM

</P>

Desperation to get a good kicker caused the Giants to 'Raid' the AFL and get Gogo.... the first time that had been done.</P> that signing almost started a war........Wellington broke the unspoken rule..... but it ultimately broke the ice for the mergeryes,i liked seeing that whole situation mapped out on "full color football:the history of the afl" a while back on the nfl network....good series to watch!

zimonami
03-17-2011, 01:47 AM

</P>

that signing almost started a war........Wellington broke the unspoken rule..... but it ultimately broke the ice for the mergeryes,i liked seeing that whole situation mapped out on "full color football:the history of the afl" a while back on the nfl network....good series to watch!</P>

A really good series. I was a big AFL fan in their early years as they started when I was 14 and were exciting to watch with a more wide open game. It was fun watching them grow to equal footing with the NFL.</P>

Roswell777
03-17-2011, 02:30 AM

</p>

1965 season...we were stuck with brutally bad Bob Timberlake, who was missing every FG attempted . Gogo did not have a binding contract with Buffalo, so was essentially a free agent.</p>

Desperation to get a good kicker caused the Giants to 'Raid' the AFL and get Gogo.... the first time that had been done.</p>

Bingo Z

Timberlake missed 13 consecutive field goals and Mara had enough. Imagine missing 13 straight today.

Roswell777
03-17-2011, 03:18 AM
Came across an article that puts the game of football in perspective.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26976/kevin-turners-road (http://http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26976/kevin-turners-road)

rbcarpenter
03-17-2011, 08:02 AM

</P>

Bingo Z

Timberlake missed 13 consecutive field goals and Mara had enough. Imagine missing 13 straight today.

ros,i don't even think adam vineteri(sp?)could get away with that...about 6 or 7 and whoever was kicking would be cut,lol!

zimonami
03-17-2011, 10:13 AM

</P>

Bingo Z

ros,i don't even think adam vineteri(sp?)could get away with that...about 6 or 7 and whoever was kicking would be cut,lol!</P>

wow... 13 in a row. He was essentially a QB from Rose Bowl winning Michigan, chosen 3rd round by us. I don't know his kicking record in college, so I don't know if it was reasonable for the Gmen to count on him to be a Pro FG kicker. He only lasted the '65 season with us.</P>

Ironically, Buffalo could have had him... they drafted him, too.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
03-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Zim........just curious

do you remember the '58 championship game?

...and was it blacked out in NY?

jomo
03-17-2011, 10:38 AM

Z</P>Bill Bergey, one tough SOB.I was pretty sure on this one but only SEC knows for certain. If it was Bergey, he had a few restaurants around Philly and I see his jersey all over that godforsaken place of a stadium when I venture there each year for our road game versus the Iggles. He is still well loved there and with good reason. He gave the fans everything he had on the field.

YATittle1962
03-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Z</P>Bill Bergey, one tough SOB.I was pretty sure on this one but only SEC knows for certain. If it was Bergey, he had a few restaurants around Philly and I see his jersey all over that godforsaken place of a stadium when I venture there each year for our road game versus the Iggles. He is still well loved there and with good reason. He gave the fans everything he had on the field.

that is without a doubt Bergey......one big and nasty SOB

SEC105
03-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Good vid on Bergy and Conrad Dobler....member him? "The dirtyest [sp] player in the NFL"</P>

Their friends now</P>

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d80742eb9/Top-Ten-Feuds-Dobler-vs-Bergey</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Good question on Pete Gogolak....recall reading somewhere that move by Wellington had more to do with AFL-NFL merger than the Jets beating the Colts in 69</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5jRDome29Bs/S_EWQ-_txaI/AAAAAAAABC0/BilEwOqhDpQ/s1600/Gogolak_Pete3_Giants.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
03-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Zim........just curious do you remember the '58 championship game? ...and was it blacked out in NY?</P>

Yes... I remember wondering whatthey were going to doif they tied, and watching the Colts winning TD, and how surprised I was because I fully expected a run and expected us to stuff it. I'm pretty sure it was live, so we weren't blacked out. I was 12, so 52 years ago, my memory could be wrong.</P>

zimonami
03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Good vid on Bergy and Conrad Dobler....member him? "The dirtyest [sp] player in the NFL"</P>

Their friends now</P>

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d80742eb9/Top-Ten-Feuds-Dobler-vs-Bergey</P>

Z</P>

</P>

They hated each other... big time... in their playing years. I remember Dobler's rep and every time thye Cards were on TV I specifically watched him to see something blatant... saw some crackback blocks that are illegal today... the crackbacks are dirty enough, and can easily end someone's career, but I didn't see anything else dirty... figured he was biting a few arms/hands/legs under the pile...lol</P>

zimonami
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Good question on Pete Gogolak....recall reading somewhere that move by Wellington had more to do with AFL-NFL merger than the Jets beating the Colts in 69</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5jRDome29Bs/S_EWQ-_txaI/AAAAAAAABC0/BilEwOqhDpQ/s1600/Gogolak_Pete3_Giants.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

It opened the door to ridiculous salaries and raiding and was certainly the move that ultimately led to the merger. The merger was agreed upon before the Jets/Colts SB, but it certainly made anticipation of the merged league much more interesting and seemingly more competetive than most expected. And, it was... right off the bat the AFL was competetive and interest in the NFL zoomed.</P>

Once they merged and there was no more raiding or competition for a player, the salaries only continued to rise because a precedent had been set. Before those days about 80-90% of the players, especially the O and D Linemen,had to have 2 jobs to survive... like teachers back then, too, also relied on a job in the summer. The merger ended that practice. for most players.</P>

SEC105
03-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Zim........just curious do you remember the '58 championship game? ...and was it blacked out in NY?</P>

Yes... I remember wondering whatthey were going to doif they tied, and watching the Colts winning TD, and how surprised I was because I fully expected a run and expected us to stuff it. I'm pretty sure it was live, so we weren't blacked out. I was 12, so 52 years ago, my memory could be wrong.</P>

</P>

Action from the "58" game..........too young to recall it but it must have bennheartbreak @ Yankee stadium and on TV....any comparison to the "Flipper Anderson" game decades later?</P>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/B20AD7B0-4987-476F-97F8-27D6ED548BC6/U1175132.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
what photographer took these two legendary pictures?

how old was he the day of the '58 game and how did he get on the field?

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/470/leifer.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7050/aliy.jpg

zimonami
03-17-2011, 06:30 PM
what photographer took these two legendary pictures? how old was he the day of the '58 game and how did he get on the field? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/470/leifer.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7050/aliy.jpg</P>

I had to look this one up, YA... I think it's Neil Leifer.</P>

zimonami
03-17-2011, 06:33 PM

</P>

Action from the "58" game..........too young to recall it but it must have bennheartbreak @ Yankee stadium and on TV....any comparison to the "Flipper Anderson" game decades later?</P>

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/B20AD7B0-4987-476F-97F8-27D6ED548BC6/U1175132.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

The Flipper TD was most surprising to me. From where the Colts scored, you had to expect it. Flipper's catch was a long, unexpected bomb against a very excellent defense... It sucked. I was sure we were much better than the Rams.</P>

jmike
03-17-2011, 09:26 PM

</p>

1965 season...we were stuck with brutally bad Bob Timberlake, who was missing every FG attempted . Gogo did not have a binding contract with Buffalo, so was essentially a free agent.</p>

Desperation to get a good kicker caused the Giants to 'Raid' the AFL and get Gogo.... the first time that had been done.</p>

Bingo Z

IDK if you would make it past number 5.

jmike
03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
what photographer took these two legendary pictures? how old was he the day of the '58 game and how did he get on the field? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/470/leifer.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7050/aliy.jpg</p>

I had to look this one up, YA... I think it's Neil Leifer.</p>

Wow Zim, give somebody a chance to answer. I could have....well no I couldn't....somebody may have gotten that.

SEC105
03-17-2011, 09:59 PM
what photographer took these two legendary pictures? how old was he the day of the '58 game and how did he get on the field? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/470/leifer.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7050/aliy.jpg</P>

Wow Zim, give somebody a chance to answer. I could have....well no I couldn't....somebody may have gotten that.
</P>

I was going to guess Frank Sinatra. He took pics at the Ali/Frazier I in Madison Square Garden. Then realized thats Ali [Cassius Clay] knocking out Sonny liston around 1963</P>

http://www.2am.co.uk/media/uploads/2009/07/951/w477-blog-aleks-ali-frazier-002-jpg.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-17-2011, 10:02 PM
What former player was the first and only [I think]to lead the NFL in interceptions 3 times?. He did spend some time as a Giant</P>

Z</P>

jmike
03-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Everson Walls

ny06
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
What former player was the first and only [I think]to lead the NFL in interceptions 3 times?. He did spend some time as a Giant</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Erich Barnes?</P>

SEC105
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Everson Walls
</P>

Wow......give some else a chance lol jk It was Everson...good job</P>

Who is Walls pounding in this pic?</P>

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/71157615.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD84937024FFE93ABA24B80ADC0E6E348ED5 3516DAC13AF3C9F06BF04B24B4128C</P>

Z</P>

jomo
03-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Everson Walls
</P>

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/71157615.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD84937024FFE93ABA24B80ADC0E6E348ED5 3516DAC13AF3C9F06BF04B24B4128C</P>

Z</P>I have no idea but I am pretty sure that Perry Williams is the "other guy" in this picture,with all due respectto the zebra. lol

jmike
03-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Everson Walls
</p>

Wow......give some else a chance lol jk It was Everson...good job</p>

Who is Walls pounding in this pic?</p>

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/71157615.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD84937024FFE93ABA24B80ADC0E6E348ED5 3516DAC13AF3C9F06BF04B24B4128C</p>

Z</p>

Well I didn't look it up. [:p]

Is that Andre Reed?

SEC105
03-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Everson Walls
</P>

Z</P>

I have no idea but I am pretty sure that Perry Williams is the "other guy" in this picture,with all due respectto the zebra. lol</P>

lol Jomo...."zebra" unknown....but yes thats Perry. The reciever isquite well known</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Everson Walls
</P>

Z</P>

Is that Andre Reed?
</P>

Good guess jmike but not Andre...this guy is a HOFer though</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-17-2011, 10:45 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Erich Barnes?</P>

</P>

Not Erich but I do have question reguarding Barnes. With Browns what did he used to do with Browns when FGs were attempted. The practice was banned from the NFL. The goalposts were on the goaline in those days. I think it is allowed these days</P>

Z</P>

jmike
03-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Everson Walls
</p>

Wow......give some else a chance lol jk It was Everson...good job</p>

Who is Walls pounding in this pic?</p>

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/71157615.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD84937024FFE93ABA24B80ADC0E6E348ED5 3516DAC13AF3C9F06BF04B24B4128C</p>

Z</p>

Is that Andre Reed?
</p>

Good guess jmike but not Andre...this guy is a HOFer though</p>

Z</p>

James Lofton then.

zimonami
03-18-2011, 12:07 AM

</P>

I waited over 6 hours... no one answered, so I got impatient and peaked</P>

mea culpa</P>

jmike
03-18-2011, 07:19 AM
what photographer took these two legendary pictures? how old was he the day of the '58 game and how did he get on the field? http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/470/leifer.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7050/aliy.jpg</p>

I had to look this one up, YA... I think it's Neil Leifer.</p>

</p>

I waited over 6 hours... no one answered, so I got impatient and peaked</p>

mea culpa</p>

Is life, I was at work all day. Out at 8:30 in at 9. No way I would have gotten that, never heard of him.

zimonami
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM

</P>

Here's more, straight from Wiki, on Neil Leifer. He was 16 when he took the TD pic.</P>

As a boy in New York City, Leifer would gain free admission to New York Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Giants) games by pushing the wheelchairs of handicapped patrons into the stadium. Using his free ticket and a camera, he would then position himself on the field with the photographers.</P>

Leifer gained free admission to the 1958 NFL title game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game,_1958) between the Giants and Baltimore Colts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Indianapolis_Colts). This game became famous as the first overtime game in league history. Leifer, on his sixteenth birthday, caught several images of the game winning touchdown which he sold to Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated).</P>

</P>

zimonami
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM

</P>

Here's more, straight from Wiki, on Neil Leifer. He was 16 when he took the TD pic.</P>

As a boy in New York City, Leifer would gain free admission to New York Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Giants) games by pushing the wheelchairs of handicapped patrons into the stadium. Using his free ticket and a camera, he would then position himself on the field with the photographers.</P>

Leifer gained free admission to the 1958 NFL title game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game,_1958) between the Giants and Baltimore Colts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Indianapolis_Colts). This game became famous as the first overtime game in league history. Leifer, on his sixteenth birthday, caught several images of the game winning touchdown which he sold to Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated).</P>

</P>

jomo
03-18-2011, 12:42 PM

</P>

</P>Great story which I'd never heard before. Great pictures to go along with it.

jomo
03-20-2011, 12:26 PM
In 1974, the Giants made a mid season desparation trade with the Dallas Cowboys. They received QB Craig Morton for among other things a first round draft choice. That pick turned into Hall of Fame and 9 time pro-bowler Randy White.</P>

What did the Giants get out of Craig Morton in his 36 games played hereovertwo and a half years?</P>

TD passes293949something else</P>

Interceptions293949something else</P>

</P>

I am exploring the worst trades ever made by the franchise.</P>

zimonami
03-20-2011, 02:41 PM
In 1974, the Giants made a mid season desparation trade with the Dallas Cowboys. They received QB Craig Morton for among other things a first round draft choice. That pick turned into Hall of Fame and 9 time pro-bowler Randy White.</P>

What did the Giants get out of Craig Morton in his 36 games played hereovertwo and a half years?</P>

</P>

</P>

I don't think we ever accepted Craig as a Giant.</P>

Thanks for the work, jomo</P>

rbcarpenter
03-20-2011, 03:15 PM
to me,the worst trade we had that i can remember was the scott laidlaw trade in 1980.laidlaw was brought in to revive a non-existant running game,he had been a fair back-up and blocking back to dorsett,but with the emergence of ron springs,dallas put laidlaw on the block to try to get something for him instead of outright releasing him.the giants bit,and acquired him very early in the season.after 7 games,the first 6 of which he only got on the field for specials,he finally got into the backfield and had 5 carries for 10 yards,and 2 catches for 16.he was asked after the game if he was injured or didn't get the playbook,to which he replied,"no,i'm not hurt,and i know the plays...i don't know why i can't get in there and get a rythmn going,you would have to ask the coaches."the next morning,the genius of air coryell(now THAT'S a laugh)ray perkins,cut him to make an example of him,to show the other players that speaking to the media against the team or him would be shown the door.so for the mid round pick we sent to dallas,we got...zip!there is also the infamous sam huff trade,but that was a few years before i was born,so i don't have any first hand insight on that one.</P>

YATittle1962
03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
name these NY Giant coaches....

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4920/dsc00186wz.jpg

rbcarpenter
03-20-2011, 08:52 PM
name these NY Giant coaches.... http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4920/dsc00186wz.jpgi know the one on the right is allie(good-bye)sherman,but i don't know the one on the left off the top of my head.

jomo
03-20-2011, 09:23 PM

</P>

So guess how many TDs and Interceptions he threw during that forgetful 36 game stretch.</P>

zimonami
03-20-2011, 09:29 PM
name these NY Giant coaches.... http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4920/dsc00186wz.jpg</P>

The other is Emlen Tunnell who was assistant head coach for several years.</P>

YATittle1962
03-20-2011, 11:23 PM
name these NY Giant coaches.... http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4920/dsc00186wz.jpg</P>

The other is Emlen Tunnell who was assistant head coach for several years.</P>

I knew zimmy would get it

zimonami
03-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Emlen was one of our greatest Giants. He was the first Black player inducted into the HOF.</P>

He was an assistant coach starting in 1965 and was with us until his death at a practice session in July, 1975</P>

SEC105
03-21-2011, 04:49 PM
So...what do you think Gang?....was the Sam Huf trade to the Redskins for **** James and Andy Stynchula was the worst trade in Giant history? Had to be one of the worst</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/e7aabd19dbf25c4aefa15e22f474eeebc9c3c9d9.jpg?x=364 &amp;y=367&amp;sig=b6e0c522411d185fd881d1e0fa2f7e50</P>

Z</P>

jomo
03-21-2011, 05:51 PM
So...what do you think Gang?....was the Sam Huf trade to the Redskins for **** James and Andy Stynchula was the worst trade in Giant history? Had to be one of the worst</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/e7aabd19dbf25c4aefa15e22f474eeebc9c3c9d9.jpg?x=364 &amp;y=367&amp;sig=b6e0c522411d185fd881d1e0fa2f7e50</P>

Z</P>It's right up there.

jomo
03-21-2011, 05:53 PM

</P>

</P>

His body of work as a Giant went like this:</P>

36 games</P>

29 touchdowns</P>

49 interceptions</P>

</P>

SEC105
03-21-2011, 06:06 PM

</P>

</P>

36 games</P>

29 touchdowns</P>

49 interceptions</P>

</P>

</P>

Not very impressive statsJomo!!! lol.....but hedid take the Cowboys to the SB as I recall.We [the Giants]did'nt afford him the kind of protection he needed to be successful. After leaving us he took the Broncos to their first SB appearance ever He was bad with us....but more a product of our system than his ability He was never a mobile QB [ somewhat like Kerry Collins] at least imo</P>

rbcarpenter
03-21-2011, 07:19 PM

Z</P>It's right up there.if that's not #1,i'd like to hear what is.

jomo
03-21-2011, 08:02 PM

</P>

</P>

36 games</P>

29 touchdowns</P>

49 interceptions</P>

</P>

</P>

Not very impressive statsJomo!!! lol.....but hedid take the Cowboys to the SB as I recall.We [the Giants]did'nt afford him the kind of protection he needed to be successful. After leaving us he took the Broncos to their first SB appearance ever He was bad with us....but more a product of our system than his ability He was never a mobile QB [ somewhat like Kerry Collins] at least imo</P>I want to say that we got him for Randy White but our front office was pretty weak back then. It is not at all certain that we would have used that #1 pick for White.

jmike
03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Who's this?

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/72558542.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD544F139043D9F863AA99666D12D308B540 2298523D706BBBF06BF04B24B4128C

rbcarpenter
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Who's this?

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/72558542.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD544F139043D9F863AA99666D12D308B540 2298523D706BBBF06BF04B24B4128C
aaron peirce

jmike
03-21-2011, 09:15 PM
yep

byron
03-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey guys hope everyone is doing good in here ...I reading about the gridion not sure why I came across it...remember back awhile ago now you guys were trying figure out what line were on not sure which field now ..</P>

They did use solid lines in grid made up of rectangles and squaresearly on when the forward pass firstcame about not sure how long that stayed around...anyhow i</P>

In my reading came across thisonhistory of the forward pass just an excerpt, sorry if misspelled: </P>

"One of football’s grim traditions was the annual printing of the death toll at the end of the season. After the new rules were implemented, in 1906, there were only 11 deaths on the gridiron. Two more died in rioting after games. Some of the deaths were from undetected medical conditions, not from physical contact. The rule changes were hailed as a success".</P>

man I throught that was telling....here is the link to what I reading for interested... justpost on a message board</P>

http://www.jcfb.com/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=22&amp;threadid=15442&amp;enterthre ad=y

</P>

zimonami
03-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey guys hope everyone is doing good in here ...I reading about the gridion not sure why I came across it...remember back awhile ago now you guys were trying figure out what line were on not sure which field now ..</P>

They did use solid lines in grid made up of rectangles and squaresearly on when the forward pass firstcame about not sure how long that stayed around...anyhow i</P>

In my reading came across thisonhistory of the forward pass just an excerpt, sorry if misspelled: </P>

"One of football’s grim traditions was the annual printing of the death toll at the end of the season. After the new rules were implemented, in 1906, there were only 11 deaths on the gridiron. Two more died in rioting after games. Some of the deaths were from undetected medical conditions, not from physical contact. The rule changes were hailed as a success".</P>

man I throught that was telling....here is the link to what I reading for interested... justpost on a message board</P>

http://www.jcfb.com/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=22&amp;threadid=15442&amp;enterthre ad=y

</P>

</P>

Good to see ya' Byron.</P>

Interesting. They didn't have helmets in those days... surely a few cracked skulls.</P>

byron
03-22-2011, 01:07 AM

</P>

</P>

Interesting. They didn't have helmets in those days... surely a few cracked skulls.</P>

hope all is well Zim....yeah rough game back then for sure.. different breed of cats</P>

I just dropped in to see what condition this great thread was in....who wrote that song ;)</P>

take careZim</P>

</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2011, 09:27 AM
So...what do you think Gang?....was the Sam Huf trade to the Redskins for **** James and Andy Stynchula was the worst trade in Giant history? Had to be one of the worst</p>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/e7aabd19dbf25c4aefa15e22f474eeebc9c3c9d9.jpg?x=364 &amp;y=367&amp;sig=b6e0c522411d185fd881d1e0fa2f7e50</p>

Z</p>

Sam Huff is before my time but he should have been one of the all-time Giants ambassadors as much as anybody I can think of and I know of his legend... Unfortunately now he fills that role for the Redskins, to this day (he's in their front office). He showed loyalty to them. Ironic because the Giants are known for their loyalty, I guess this is one of those moments where they screwed up. For younger fans I'd compare it to cutting Phil Simms in 1994.

YATittle1962
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM

They did use solid lines in grid made up of rectangles and squares*early on when the forward pass first*came about not sure how long that stayed around...anyhow i</P>

In my reading came across this*on*history of the forward pass just an excerpt, sorry if misspelled:** </P>

**"One of football’s grim traditions was the annual printing of the death toll at the end of the season. After the new rules were implemented, in 1906, there were only 11 deaths on the gridiron. Two more died in rioting after games. Some of the deaths were from undetected medical conditions, not from physical contact. The rule changes were hailed as a success".</P>

man I throught that was telling....here is the link to what I reading for interested... just*post on a message board</P>

*http://www.jcfb.com/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=22&threadid=15442&enterthread=y

</P>

</P>

Interesting.* They didn't have helmets in those days... surely a few cracked skulls.</P>

hope all is well Zim....*yeah rough game back then for sure.. different breed of cats</P>

*I just dropped in to see what condition this great thread was in....who wrote that song ;)</P>

take care*Zim</P>

*</P>

I think it was the great Mickey Newbury (sp) who wrote that song......among many others

zimonami
03-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Z</P>

Sam Huff is before my time but he should have been one of the all-time Giants ambassadors as much as anybody I can think of and I know of his legend... Unfortunately now he fills that role for the Redskins, to this day (he's in their front office). He showed loyalty to them. Ironic because the Giants are known for their loyalty, I guess this is one of those moments where they screwed up. For younger fans I'd compare it to cutting Phil Simms in 1994.
</P>

Yeah, SZJ... but not quite because Phil didn't go on playing another 5 years for another team.... and one in our own division to boot. Hard to say Huff was the #1 Giant fan favorite because there were so many beloved players at that time, but he ripped the heart out of us when Allie traded him. It was Allie's statement as to who was the boss and that he thought we could win without some of our best players... he was egotistical enough to believe that his coaching was what made the difference. Well, he failed miserably, but not until the Mara's ceded power to him until the Jets beat us preseason in '69. </P>

Trading Huff would have been like us trading Harry Carson with 4-5 good years left in Harry's tank... unthinkable.</P>

ny06
03-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Z</P>

</P>

Yeah, SZJ... but not quite because Phil didn't go on playing another 5 years for another team.... and one in our own division to boot. Hard to say Huff was the #1 Giant fan favorite because there were so many beloved players at that time, but he ripped the heart out of us when Allie traded him. It was Allie's statement as to who was the boss and that he thought we could win without some of our best players... he was egotistical enough to believe that his coaching was what made the difference. Well, he failed miserably, but not until the Mara's ceded power to him until the Jets beat us preseason in '69. </P>

Trading Huff would have been like us trading Harry Carson with 4-5 good years left in Harry's tank... unthinkable.</P>

</P>

Fans must have despised allie sherman for trading away Huff</P>

YATittle1962
03-22-2011, 10:48 AM
So...what do you think Gang?....was the Sam Huf trade to the Redskins for **** James and Andy Stynchula was the worst trade in Giant history?* Had to be one of the worst</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/e7aabd19dbf25c4aefa15e22f474eeebc9c3c9d9.jpg?x=364&y=367&sig=b6e0c522411d185fd881d1e0fa2f7e50</P>

Z</P>

Sam Huff is before my time but he should have been one of the all-time Giants ambassadors as much as anybody I can think of and I know of his legend...* Unfortunately now he fills that role for the Redskins, to this day (he's in their front office).* He showed loyalty to them.* Ironic because the Giants are known for their loyalty, I guess this is one of those moments where they screwed up.* For younger fans I'd compare it to cutting Phil Simms in 1994.
</P>

Yeah, SZJ... but not quite because Phil didn't go on playing another 5 years for another team.... and one in our own division to boot.* Hard to say Huff was the #1 Giant fan favorite because there were so many beloved players at that time, but he ripped the heart out of us when Allie traded him. It was Allie's statement as to who was the boss and that he thought we could win without some of our best players...* he was egotistical enough to believe that his coaching was what made the difference.* Well, he failed miserably, but not until the Mara's ceded power to him until the Jets beat us preseason in '69.* </P>

</P>

it actually still makes me sick to see Huff wearing that color.......and I cant speak for anyone else but I sure did not like Allie Sherman one bit......

but later in life I read how much YA liked him in his books.....he talked about how fair he was and how he encouraged Tittle to go out there and sling it...........so it changed my tune slightly.......but if he didnt trade away some of the best players for nearly nothing in return he may have won a championship........that snake in the grass

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, SZJ... but not quite because Phil didn't go on playing another 5 years for another team.... and one in our own division to boot. Hard to say Huff was the #1 Giant fan favorite because there were so many beloved players at that time, but he ripped the heart out of us when Allie traded him. It was Allie's statement as to who was the boss and that he thought we could win without some of our best players... he was egotistical enough to believe that his coaching was what made the difference. Well, he failed miserably, but not until the Mara's ceded power to him until the Jets beat us preseason in '69. </p>

Trading Huff would have been like us trading Harry Carson with 4-5 good years left in Harry's tank... unthinkable.</p>

I can't imagine Wellington allowing it (trading Huff). Since it happened in '64, and the Giants were just coming off a golden era of a could-have-been dynasty (playing in the Championship Game 6 times in 8 years -- 56 58 59 61 62 63), especially having played in 3 straight championship games, I guess he/they got ****y... No idea it would be a decade and a half of abysmal darkness that lay ahead.

Morehead State
03-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

No one was more pissed off than Sam Huff. And still is.</P>

ny06
03-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I bet.</P>

How did you feel about the trade?</P>

</P>

SEC105
03-22-2011, 04:13 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I bet.</P>

</P>

</P>

Direct quote from Sam</P>
<DIV style="POSITION: relative; TEXT-ALIGN: left">
<DIV>

"As long as I live, I will never
forgive Allie Sherman for trading me."</P></DIV></DIV>
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Sam Huff, on Allie Sherman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allie_Sherman)'s decision
to trade him to the Washington Redskins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins)</DIV>
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Z</DIV>

SEC105
03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
How the course of events reguarding the Huff trade transpired</P>

The Giants then visited the championship under new coach <FONT color=#0645ad>Allie Sherman</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allie_Sherman) in <FONT color=#0645ad>1961</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game,_1961), <FONT color=#0645ad>1962</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game,_1962), <FONT color=#0645ad>1963</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game,_1963), but lost every one of them.<SUP id=cite_ref-violentworld_2-9 class=reference><FONT color=#0645ad><SPAN>[</SPAN>3<SPAN>]</SPAN></FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Huff#cite_note-violentworld-2)</SUP> To improve what he thought was a defensive problem, Sherman then traded many defensive players, including <FONT color=#0645ad>Cliff Livingston</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Livingston), <FONT color=#0645ad>Rosey Grier</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosey_Grier), and <FONT color=#0645ad>**** Modzelewski</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Modzelewski). After these trades, Huff went to owner <FONT color=#0645ad>Wellington Mara</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_Mara) and was assured he would not be traded.<SUP id=cite_ref-violentworld_2-10 class=reference><FONT color=#0645ad><SPAN>[</SPAN>3<SPAN>]</SPAN></FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Huff#cite_note-violentworld-2)</SUP> But in <FONT color=#0645ad>1964</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_NFL_season), Giants head coach <FONT color=#0645ad>Allie Sherman</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allie_Sherman) traded Huff to the <FONT color=#0645ad>Washington Redskins</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins) for <FONT color=#0645ad>defensive tackle</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_tackle) <FONT color=#0b0080>Andy Stynchula</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Stynchula) and <FONT color=#0645ad>running back</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_back) <FONT color=#0645ad>**** James</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_James_(American_football)).<SUP id=cite_ref-violentworld_2-11 class=reference><FONT color=#0645ad><SPAN>[</SPAN>3<SPAN>]</SPAN></FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Huff#cite_note-violentworld-2)</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-varsityclub_3-4 class=reference><FONT color=#0645ad><SPAN>[</SPAN>4<SPAN>]</SPAN></FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Huff#cite_note-varsityclub-3)</SUP> The trade made front-page news in <FONT color=#0645ad>New York</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York) and was greeted with jeers from Giants fans, who crowded <FONT color=#0645ad>Yankee Stadium</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee_Stadium) yelling "Huff-Huff-Huff-Huff."<SUP id=cite_ref-varsityclub_3-5 class=reference><FONT color=#0645ad><SPAN>[</SPAN>4<SPAN>]</SPAN></FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Huff#cite_note-varsityclub-3)</SUP></P>

Huff played in four consecutive <FONT color=#0645ad>Pro Bowls</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Bowl) with the Giants from <FONT color=#0645ad>1959</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_NFL_season) through <FONT color=#0645ad>1963</FONT> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_NFL_season). He was named most valuable player of the 1961 Pro Bowl.<SUP id=cite_ref-varsityclub_3-6 class=reference><SPAN><FONT color=#0645ad>[</FONT></SPAN> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Huff#cite_note-varsityclub-3)</SUP></P>

<SUP></SUP></P>

<SUP>Allie Sherman did not just trade Huff....he dumped a bunch of good players leaving the locker feeling ...who's next? Not tomention the loss of team leaders</SUP></P>

<SUP>Z</SUP></P>

SEC105
03-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Speaking of the Redskins....who's this former Redskin QB</P>

https://www.bestsportsphotos.com/files/t_33167.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Morehead State
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I bet.</P>

</P>

</P>

How the frick old do you think I am?</P>

He was gone in '64 and my first year as a Giants fan was '67.</P>

</P>

Oh Yeah.........</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Blow me! (for that question)</P>

Morehead State
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Brad Johnson</P>

allentown PA
03-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Brad Johnson</P>

Was he their quarterback in 1999 when they made the playoffs??

SEC105
03-22-2011, 05:30 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Brad Johnson</P>

Was he their quarterback in 1999 when they made the playoffs??</P>

Thats Brad and yes they did make the playoffs with Johnson @ QB in 1999 might have been Daniel Synders first year as owner....not sure on that though</P>

Z</P>

jmike
03-23-2011, 01:28 AM
So...what do you think Gang?....was the Sam Huf trade to the Redskins for **** James and Andy Stynchula was the worst trade in Giant history? Had to be one of the worst</p>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/e7aabd19dbf25c4aefa15e22f474eeebc9c3c9d9.jpg?x=364 &amp;y=367&amp;sig=b6e0c522411d185fd881d1e0fa2f7e50</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Yeah, SZJ... but not quite because Phil didn't go on playing another 5 years for another team.... and one in our own division to boot. Hard to say Huff was the #1 Giant fan favorite because there were so many beloved players at that time, but he ripped the heart out of us when Allie traded him. It was Allie's statement as to who was the boss and that he thought we could win without some of our best players... he was egotistical enough to believe that his coaching was what made the difference. Well, he failed miserably, but not until the Mara's ceded power to him until the Jets beat us preseason in '69. </p>

Trading Huff would have been like us trading Harry Carson with 4-5 good years left in Harry's tank... unthinkable.</p>

</p>

Fans must have despised allie sherman for trading away Huff</p>

</p>

No one was more pissed off than Sam Huff. And still is.</p>

</p>

I bet.</p>

How did you feel about the trade?</p>

</p>

</p>

How the frick old do you think I am?</p>

He was gone in '64 and my first year as a Giants fan was '67.</p>

</p>

Oh Yeah.........</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Blow me! (for that question)</p>

Don't be a jerk. How can he tell through a computer how old you are? The was you phrased it sounded like a recollection. Hard to tell on here, no reason to get salty.

You sure act like a curmudgen otherwise, so don't be surprised when people assume you are.

ny06
03-23-2011, 10:01 AM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I bet.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Oh Yeah.........</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

A bit sensitive aren't we?</P>

rbcarpenter
03-23-2011, 11:27 AM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I bet.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Oh Yeah.........</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

A bit sensitive aren't we?</P>morehead,lighten up a bit-i agree with jmike,and not in a negative way.with your knowledge of the giants of the 60's and 70's,i thought you were a bit older than what you are also.no offense![B]

dezzzR
03-23-2011, 01:46 PM
YEA MH!!!! the ****s your problem!? lol

JPizzack
03-23-2011, 03:03 PM
YEA MH!!!! the ****s your problem!? lol
</P>

YEA!!!</P>

jomo
03-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Announcement from the bridge, "aliens have temporarily taken this thread off track. We apologize for the distraction and inconvenience.We will return to our normal programming shortly."

zimonami
03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Announcement from the bridge, "aliens have temporarily taken this thread off track. We apologize for the distraction and inconvenience.We will return to our normal programming shortly."</P>

lmao... that's the first time in the 2 yr. life of this thread that I can remember even a vaguely testy confrontation. Morehead gets a demerit and must sit in the corner for 10 minutes.</P>

jomo
03-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Announcement from the bridge, "aliens have temporarily taken this thread off track. We apologize for the distraction and inconvenience.We will return to our normal programming shortly."</P>

lmao... that's the first time in the 2 yr. life of this thread that I can remember even a vaguely testy confrontation. Morehead gets a demerit and must sit in the corner for 10 minutes.</P>lol zim, that is exactly what I am talkin about!

zimonami
03-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Don't be a jerk. How can he tell through a computer how old you are? The was you phrased it sounded like a recollection. Hard to tell on here, no reason to get salty.

You sure act like a curmudgen otherwise, so don't be surprised when people assume you are.
</P>

Also, a demerit for you, jmike... if you're going to use a big words, like '...curmudgeon', you are compelled to spell it correctly.</P>

YATittle1962
03-23-2011, 09:21 PM
* Don't be a jerk.* How can he tell through a computer how old you are?* The was you phrased it sounded like a recollection.* Hard to tell on here, no reason to get salty.

</P>

Also, a demerit for you, jmike... if you're going to use a big words, *like *'...curmudgeon', you are compelled to spell it correctly.</P>

look at zimmy regulating.....I love it....

...wow our first spat........thats gotta be a record for any thread on these boards.....over 2 years until some elbows get thrown....

in honor of the Did You Know threads first spat.....

in the 1997 playoff game vs the Vikings......there were 4 different confrontations amongst the Giants them selves.......one player was involved in 3 of those arguments......who was it?

......and as a bonus.....name the other players in the confrontations

zimonami
03-23-2011, 10:09 PM

</P>

Also, a demerit for you, jmike... if you're going to use a big words, like '...curmudgeon', you are compelled to spell it correctly.</P>

look at zimmy regulating.....I love it.... ...wow our first spat........thats gotta be a record for any thread on these boards.....over 2 years until some elbows get thrown.... in honor of the Did You Know threads first spat..... in the 1997 playoff game vs the Vikings......there were 4 different confrontations amongst the Giants them selves.......one player was involved in 3 of those arguments......who was it? ......and as a bonus.....name the other players in the confrontations</P>

God, how I hated this game... watching our D unravel before our eyes.</P>

It was our DB's who fought... I think Phillippi Sparks was the one involved in several... perhaps Tito Wooten was involved,too... think Sparks was ragging him for poor deep help. I'm not sure if Sehorn was invlolved. I think either Armstead or Corey Miller also joined the fray. Wow... all from my poor memory so I'm anxious to know the real 'culprits'.</P>

It really is amazing, YA... after all this time, Morehead's little remark is the worst we've seen... and that was surely tame by normal spat standardson these threads... more amusing than serious.</P>

ny06
03-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Morehead was only playing around. </P>

We go back and forth in THEE THREAD all the time. </P>

</P>

rbcarpenter
03-23-2011, 10:42 PM

</P>

look at zimmy regulating.....I love it.... ...wow our first spat........thats gotta be a record for any thread on these boards.....over 2 years until some elbows get thrown.... in honor of the Did You Know threads first spat..... in the 1997 playoff game vs the Vikings......there were 4 different confrontations amongst the Giants them selves.......one player was involved in 3 of those arguments......who was it? ......and as a bonus.....name the other players in the confrontations</P>

It was our DB's who fought... I think Phillippi Sparks was the one involved in several... perhaps Tito Wooten was involved,too... think Sparks was ragging him for poor deep help. I'm not sure if Sehorn was invlolved. I think either Armstead or Corey Miller also joined the fray. Wow... all from my poor memory so I'm anxious to know the real 'culprits'.</P>

It really is amazing, YA... after all this time, Morehead's little remark is the worst we've seen... and that was surely tame by normal spat standardson these threads... more amusing than serious.</P>i know sparks and wooten were jawing over a blown coverage,POSSIBLY sehorn as well,and i remember strahan grabbing one of them by the mask,but that's all i can think of...oh,did you know jake reed's foot on that td reception STILL hasn't come down in bounds?half of his foot was over the end line...piss me off badly![:@]

jmike
03-23-2011, 11:22 PM

</p>

Also, a demerit for you, jmike... if you're going to use a big words, like '...curmudgeon', you are compelled to spell it correctly.</p>

bite me

[;)]

zimonami
03-23-2011, 11:54 PM

</P>

bite me

[;)]
</P>

Always warm and tender, jmike... xoxoxox</P>

</P>

zimonami
03-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Morehead was only playing around. </P>

We go back and forth in THEE THREAD all the time. </P>

</P>

</P>

Good to know, 06... I kinda thought so... like I said, more amusing than serious. But, I think Morehead took me seriously... he still hasn't come out of the corner.</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 12:13 AM

</p>

Also, a demerit for you, jmike... if you're going to use a big words, like '...curmudgeon', you are compelled to spell it correctly.</p>

bite me

[;)]
</p>

Always warm and tender, jmike... xoxoxox</p>

</p>

warm and tender sounds nice, thinking candles, nice music, some massage oil

hand cuffs on the bedpost for later

zimonami
03-24-2011, 12:21 AM

</P>

bite me

[;)]
</P>

</P>

</P>

sounds like a plan... need the ankle cuffs, too!</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 12:33 AM

</p>

bite me

[;)]
</p>

</p>

</p>

sounds like a plan... need the ankle cuffs, too!</p>

Got em. So when you coming over?

rbcarpenter
03-24-2011, 08:52 AM

</P>

bite me

[;)]
</P>

</P>

</P>

talk about skewing off on a tangent![:O]

zimonami
03-24-2011, 09:29 AM

</P>

bite me

[;)]
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

lol... soon as your boyfriend leaves.</P>

zimonami
03-24-2011, 09:32 AM

</P>

bite me

[;)]
</P>

</P>

</P>

talk about skewing off on a tangent![:O]</P>

nahhh, rbc... just 2 Giant fanatics toughening up in preparation for a rigorous upcoming training camp... gotta stay in shape.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
God, how I hated this game... watching our D unravel before our eyes.</p>

It was our DB's who fought... I think Phillippi Sparks was the one involved in several... perhaps Tito Wooten was involved,too... think Sparks was ragging him for poor deep help. I'm not sure if Sehorn was invlolved. I think either Armstead or Corey Miller also joined the fray. Wow... all from my poor memory so I'm anxious to know the real 'culprits'.</p>

</p>

Ugh that was one of the darkest moments I've ever witnessed. We were up 9 points with 90 seconds to go, and gave up 10. In a home playoff game. Very similar in gut-wrenching to last year's Eagles meltdown.</p>

I'd swear I remember Strahan having somebody by the scruff of the neck but maybe it was Armstead. I think Sparks was the scapegoat. Either way our entire secondary was in mutiny.
</p>

YATittle1962
03-24-2011, 10:19 AM
God, how I hated this game... watching our D unravel before our eyes.</p>

It was our DB's who fought... I think Phillippi Sparks was the one involved in several... perhaps Tito Wooten was involved,*too... think Sparks was ragging him for poor deep help.* I'm not sure if Sehorn was invlolved.* I think either Armstead or Corey Miller also joined the fray.* Wow... all from my poor memory so I'm anxious to know the real 'culprits'.</p>

</p>

Ugh that was one of the darkest moments I've ever witnessed.* We were up 9 points with 90 seconds to go, and gave up 10.* In a home playoff game.* Very similar in gut-wrenching to last year's Eagles meltdown.</p>

I'd swear I remember Strahan having somebody by the scruff of the neck but maybe it was Armstead.* I think Sparks was the scapegoat.* Either way our entire secondary was in mutiny.
</p>

Im going strictly off memory so I could be a little off......but I have watched the game since its airing.......but it was years ago....

I remember Sparks going at Tiki after he fumbled....
...then Sparks was yelling at Conrad Hamilton about where he lined up and Armstead came to break it up and Sparks went after Armstead....

then Strahan at one point had Keith Hamiltons face mask as they were shouting in each others faces.....

I think the big one was Sparks and Armstead....they were shoving each other....and the whole team came to break it up.....

what a dark dark day in the History or our beloved Giants

zimonami
03-24-2011, 02:09 PM

</P>

Ugh that was one of the darkest moments I've ever witnessed. We were up 9 points with 90 seconds to go, and gave up 10. In a home playoff game. Very similar in gut-wrenching to last year's Eagles meltdown.</P>

I'd swear I remember Strahan having somebody by the scruff of the neck but maybe it was Armstead. I think Sparks was the scapegoat. Either way our entire secondary was in mutiny.
</P>

Im going strictly off memory so I could be a little off......but I have watched the game since its airing.......but it was years ago.... I remember Sparks going at Tiki after he fumbled.... ...then Sparks was yelling at Conrad Hamilton about where he lined up and Armstead came to break it up and Sparks went after Armstead.... then Strahan at one point had Keith Hamiltons face mask as they were shouting in each others faces..... I think the big one was Sparks and Armstead....they were shoving each other....and the whole team came to break it up..... what a dark dark day in the History or our beloved Giants</P>

Thanks, YA. A lot of those memories return when you mention them. How brutal it was. I sat there in the stands with my son in disbelief that such a good defense could suddenly implode after hanging tough with each other all season. The one I don't remember is Sparks going after Tiki. The only time I can remember a defensive guy going after an offensive guy (oreven criticizing someone on the other side of the ball) was Buddy Ryan going after Gilbride... hahaha, that was funny.</P>

Sparks must have had a bad breakfast that day.</P>

YATittle1962
03-24-2011, 02:18 PM

It was our DB's who fought... I think Phillippi Sparks was the one involved in several... perhaps Tito Wooten was involved,*too... think Sparks was ragging him for poor deep help.* I'm not sure if Sehorn was invlolved.* I think either Armstead or Corey Miller also joined the fray.* Wow... all from my poor memory so I'm anxious to know the real 'culprits'.</P>

</P>

Ugh that was one of the darkest moments I've ever witnessed.* We were up 9 points with 90 seconds to go, and gave up 10.* In a home playoff game.* Very similar in gut-wrenching to last year's Eagles meltdown.</P>

I'd swear I remember Strahan having somebody by the scruff of the neck but maybe it was Armstead.* I think Sparks was the scapegoat.* Either way our entire secondary was in mutiny.
</P>

Im going strictly off memory so I could be a little off......but I have watched the game since its airing.......but it was years ago.... I remember Sparks going at Tiki after he fumbled.... ...then Sparks was yelling at Conrad Hamilton about where he lined up and Armstead came to break it up and Sparks went after Armstead.... then Strahan at one point had Keith Hamiltons face mask as they were shouting in each others faces..... I think the big one was Sparks and Armstead....they were shoving each other....and the whole team came to break it up..... what a dark dark day in the History or our beloved Giants</P>

Thanks, YA.* A lot of those memories return when you mention them. How brutal it was. I sat there in the stands with my son in disbelief that such a good defense could suddenly implode after hanging tough with each other all season.* The one I don't remember is Sparks going after Tiki.* The only time I can remember a defensive guy going after an offensive guy (or*even criticizing someone on the other side of the ball) was Buddy Ryan going after Gilbride... hahaha, that was funny.</P>

yeah......I didnt see Sparks going after Tiki on the broadcast when I re watched it.....but I remember when at the game ....when they were crossing paths after Tikis fumble ....Sparks said something and Tiki gestured while walking by and Sparks ran back over to him and bumped Tikis helmet with his and it looked like they were exchanging words.....

yeah ....Sparks forgot to eat his Wheaties that morning

ny06
03-24-2011, 02:21 PM

</P>

Ugh that was one of the darkest moments I've ever witnessed. We were up 9 points with 90 seconds to go, and gave up 10. In a home playoff game. Very similar in gut-wrenching to last year's Eagles meltdown.</P>

</P>

Thanks, YA. A lot of those memories return when you mention them. How brutal it was. I sat there in the stands with my son in disbelief that such a good defense could suddenly implode after hanging tough with each other all season. The one I don't remember is Sparks going after Tiki. The only time I can remember a defensive guy going after an offensive guy (oreven criticizing someone on the other side of the ball) was Buddy Ryan going after Gilbride... hahaha, that was funny.</P>

yeah......I didnt see Sparks going after Tiki on the broadcast when I re watched it.....but I remember when at the game ....when they were crossing paths after Tikis fumble ....Sparks said something and Tiki gestured while walking by and Sparks ran back over to him and bumped Tikis helmet with his and it looked like they were exchanging words..... yeah ....<FONT color=#0000ff>Sparks forgot to eat his Wheaties that morning</FONT></P>

lol</P>

jomo
03-24-2011, 03:12 PM

</P>

</P>

yeah......I didnt see Sparks going after Tiki on the broadcast when I re watched it.....but I remember when at the game ....when they were crossing paths after Tikis fumble ....Sparks said something and Tiki gestured while walking by and Sparks ran back over to him and bumped Tikis helmet with his and it looked like they were exchanging words..... yeah ....<FONT color=#0000ff>Sparks forgot to eat his Wheaties that morning</FONT></P>

lol</P>

Reading about it here reminds me of the incident however if you asked me about Sparks separately, I wouldn't have remembered him by this incident. He <U>wasn't</U> the kind of player who was ready to explode at any minute. I remember him as a good guy which means the defense must have beenat very high frustration levels over getting no support from the offense.</P>

</P>

zimonami
03-24-2011, 04:06 PM

</P>

</P>

lol</P>

Reading about it here reminds me of the incident however if you asked me about Sparks separately, I wouldn't have remembered him by this incident. He <U>wasn't</U> the kind of player who was ready to explode at any minute. I remember him as a good guy which means the defense must have beenat very high frustration levels over getting no support from the offense.</P>

</P>

</P>

you're absolutely correct, jomo... Sparks wasn't a problem guy. I know I always liked him. (and, I rooted for his daughter, Jordan, on Idol...lol)Yes, that was back in the day of Tiki fumbling and Danny Kannell at QB... not our best "Offensive' team.</P>

SEC105
03-24-2011, 04:13 PM
We may have talked about these guys but it was quite awhile ago</P>

How many of these Vikings can we name? "Purple People Eaters" + one</P>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/3134158253_cf7ec0d74c_z.jpg</P>

Z</P>

ny06
03-24-2011, 04:16 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#88 Alan Page</P>

#77 Gary Larsen</P>

#81 Carl Eller</P>

jomo
03-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#88 Alan Page</P>

#77 Gary Larsen</P>

#81 Carl Eller</P>Wasn't Marshall one of them?

SEC105
03-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#88 Alan Page</P>

#77 Gary Larsen</P>

#81 Carl Eller</P>

</P>

Thats 3 out of the 5 NY06 good job the linebacker [his name]is a tough one imo</P>

Z</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 09:16 PM

</p>

bite me

[;)]
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

lol... soon as your boyfriend leaves.</p>

Kicked the bf out a long time ago.

SEC105
03-24-2011, 09:27 PM

</P>

bite me

[;)]
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Was it hard to get himto leave or did just accept his fate?</P>

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/87810285.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=860EC25688CC8B2E 16FF77641CEB2F5334E5BB61AF1AA8598E4F2D81E2553787E3 0A760B0D811297</P>

SEC105
03-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Here's something I just read recently.....In 1979 Ron Jaworski and this formerGiant QB recieved medals from the Pope while he was in Philly.....which Giant QB do you think it was?</P>

Z</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM

</p>

bite me

[;)]
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Was it hard to get himto leave or did just accept his fate?</p>

</p>

Not really, didn't give him much of a choice or chance to respond to be honest. Rather amusing story, well now it is, was rather pissed at the time.

SEC105
03-24-2011, 09:40 PM

</P>

bite me

[;)]
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Was it hard to get himto leave or did just accept his fate?</P>

</P>

Not really, didn't give him much of a choice or chance to respond to be honest. Rather amusing story, well now it is, was rather pissed at the time.
</P>

Well .....once you mad your decision.....better to just get him out and be done with it. No since letting him drag it out</P>

SEC105
03-24-2011, 09:46 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#88 Alan Page</P>

#77 Gary Larsen</P>

#81 Carl Eller</P>

Wasn't Marshall one of them?</P>

My fault Jomo.....did notsee this post...yes Jim Marshall is last PurplePeople Eater not mentioned</P>

Only the linebacker is left</P>

Z</P>

</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 10:01 PM

</p>

bite me

[;)]
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Was it hard to get himto leave or did just accept his fate?</p>

</p>

</p>

Well .....once you mad your decision.....better to just get him out and be done with it. No since letting him drag it out</p>

Not a very long decision making process when I came home early from work to find him *** someone in MY bed. *** deadbeat.

ny06
03-24-2011, 10:04 PM
<FONT face=Arial>jmike</FONT> (/members/jmike.aspx) </P>

Your bf cheated on you?</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 10:07 PM
<font face="Arial">jmike</font> (/members/jmike.aspx) </p>

Your bf cheated on you?</p>

yea, old news......really taking this stuff off target here, sorry YA

bandwgn86
03-24-2011, 10:07 PM
what happened to this thread tsk tsk

ny06
03-24-2011, 10:08 PM

</P>

I am sorry to hear that. </P>

He sounds like a real scumbag. </P>

His loss</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 10:08 PM

me it seems........[:$]

ny06
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
</P>

http://i54.tinypic.com/avpsuv.jpg</P>

ny06
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM

pm</P>

bandwgn86
03-24-2011, 10:16 PM
<font face="Arial">jmike</font> (/members/jmike.aspx) </p>

Your bf cheated on you?</p>

</p>

I am sorry to hear that. </p>

He sounds like a real scumbag. </p>

His loss</p>i;d say it was, she can bend herself into a box, think of the possibilities.. for example all the air fair you could save by smuggling her in your luggage.

ny06
03-24-2011, 10:17 PM

</P>

I am sorry to hear that. </P>

He sounds like a real scumbag. </P>

His loss</P>

i;d say it was, she can bend herself into a box, think of the possibilities.. for example all the air fair you could save by smuggling her in your luggage.
</P>

hahahahaha</P>

YATittle1962
03-24-2011, 10:19 PM
lets get back on track people......before I have to blow up my own thread...

:)

ny06
03-24-2011, 10:23 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#88 Alan Page</P>

#77 Gary Larsen</P>

#81 Carl Eller</P>

</P>

Thats 3 out of the 5 NY06 good job the linebacker [his name]is a tough one imo</P>

Z</P>

</P>

bump</P>

No one has named the linebacker #59 or #60?</P>

zimonami
03-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Z</P>

</P>

#88 Alan Page</P>

#77 Gary Larsen</P>

#81 Carl Eller</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

bump</P>

No one has named the linebacker #59 or #60?</P>

</P>

They had Jeff Siemen, Wally Hilgenburg and Matt Blair as their LB's, but I don't know their numbers.</P>

jmike
03-24-2011, 11:14 PM
We may have talked about these guys but it was quite awhile ago</p>

How many of these Vikings can we name? "Purple People Eaters" + one</p>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/3134158253_cf7ec0d74c_z.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

#88 Alan Page</p>

#77 Gary Larsen</p>

#81 Carl Eller</p>

</p>

Thats 3 out of the 5 NY06 good job the linebacker [his name]is a tough one imo</p>

Z</p>

</p>

bump</p>

No one has named the linebacker #59 or #60?</p>

</p>

They had Jeff Siemen, Wally Hilgenburg and Matt Blair as their LB's, but I don't know their numbers.</p>

Vikings? We don't need no stinking Vikings.

http://www.harrycarson.com/photos/taylor-carson-reasons-banks.jpg

jmike
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Who's this?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/397621/625284.jpg