PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

jints10
04-15-2009, 10:00 PM
boy will I miss those spirals.
of all the crazy things ive seen happen on those spirals
what i have seen go down at Jets games was way worse than anything at any Giant game Ive ever been to.
....and let me tell you from 71 on I havent missed many.

a buddy of mine has four Jet seats, and now and again I go with him........to me those Jet fans have been borderline disrespectful to our house.

...all that talk about the spirals and when the walls werent there has me feeling 80s fellas...........

What DB wearing #34 had 6 interceptions in 1985???

</P>

Toast, Elvis Patterson .............Parcells propaganda if Bill said he was great would teams throw at him?</P>

YATittle1962
04-15-2009, 10:09 PM
what i have seen go down at Jets games was way worse than anything at any Giant game Ive ever been to.

a buddy of mine has four Jet seats, and now and again I go with him........to me those Jet fans have been borderline disrespectful to our house.

...all that talk about the spirals and when the walls werent there has me feeling 80s fellas...........

</p>

Toast, Elvis Patterson .............Parcells propaganda if Bill said he was great would teams throw at him?</p>
the Bears did a number on old Elvis.
I felt bad for the way the Giants treated him.
he wasnt a bad player.

jints10
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM

</P>

Toast, Elvis Patterson .............Parcells propaganda if Bill said he was great would teams throw at him?</P>

he wasnt a bad player.
</P>

Well he wasnt Mark Collins</P>

YATittle1962
04-15-2009, 10:16 PM

</p>

Toast, Elvis Patterson .............Parcells propaganda if Bill said he was great would teams throw at him?</p>

he wasnt a bad player.
</p>

Well he wasnt Mark Collins</p>

that he was not my friend........

I'm a wide receiver.
i wore #84 from 69 to 73 for the New York Football Giants.

who am I?

jints10
04-15-2009, 10:59 PM

</P>

he wasnt a bad player.
</P>

I'm a wide receiver.

who am I?
</P>

Homer Jones no too late</P>

I dont know HAHA Jonny Mistller J/K</P>

Mike Friedie no </P>

I know it was a guy that couldnt pick up a first down</P>

</P>

jints10
04-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Relax I need some information first just the basic facts can you tell me where it hurts?</P>

What RB did the Giants kill sending him head first through a line that made no holes? 70s</P>

zimonami
04-16-2009, 12:04 AM

</P>

he wasnt a bad player.
</P>

I'm a wide receiver.

who am I?</P>

</P>

That was Rich Houston. He never d***led me... was OK, but not great.</P>

I didn't think Elvis deserved the name Toast. No, he wasn't in Mark Collins class, but I never thought he got toasted enough to earn that nickname</P>

jints10
04-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Who was Harry Larry and Gary? the old board featured these guys

zimonami
04-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Relax I need some information first just the basic facts can you tell me where it hurts?</P>

What RB did the Giants kill sending him head first through a line that made no holes? 70s</P>

</P>

I think you mean Doug Kotar. He was a big fan fav. Didn't he die young, from brain cancer, or some such cancer.</P>

</P>

Here's a question. In '83 in the 12th Rnd. we drafted a RB named John Tuggle. Parcells loved his heart and after one series in a preseason game, when he was struggling to make the team, he ran off the field and Parcell's reportedly told him, "You can play for me anytime." He made the team that year, but that was his last year. Anybody know what happened to him? Just cut in the '84 season? or what? By the way, we didn't draft any RB's in the '84 draft, but it was a goodie... Banks, Reasons, Roberts, and Hoss drafted that year.</P>

zimonami
04-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Who was Harry Larry and Gary? the old board featured these guys</P>

Carson, LT, and Reasons?</P>

jints10
04-16-2009, 12:54 AM

</P>

2/3 Zim the Gary is wrong think DE</P>

YATittle1962
04-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Relax I need some information first just the basic facts can you tell me where it hurts?</p>

What RB did the Giants kill sending him head first through a line that made no holes? 70s</p>

</p>

I think you mean Doug Kotar. He was a big fan fav. Didn't he die young, from brain cancer, or some such cancer.</p>

</p>

Here's a question. In '83 in the 12th Rnd. we drafted a RB named John Tuggle. Parcells loved his heart and after one series in a preseason game, when he was struggling to make the team, he ran off the field and Parcell's reportedly told him, "You can play for me anytime." He made the team that year, but that was his last year. Anybody know what happened to him? Just cut in the '84 season? or what? By the way, we didn't draft any RB's in the '84 draft, but it was a goodie... Banks, Reasons, Roberts, and Hoss drafted that year.</p>

Tuggle was a tough guy...

he was diagnosed with cancer while playing for the Giants...
he died in 86

jints10
04-16-2009, 01:36 AM

</P>

I think you mean Doug Kotar. He was a big fan fav. Didn't he die young, from brain cancer, or some such cancer.</P>

</P>

Here's a question. In '83 in the 12th Rnd. we drafted a RB named John Tuggle. Parcells loved his heart and after one series in a preseason game, when he was struggling to make the team, he ran off the field and Parcell's reportedly told him, "You can play for me anytime." He made the team that year, but that was his last year. Anybody know what happened to him? Just cut in the '84 season? or what? By the way, we didn't draft any RB's in the '84 draft, but it was a goodie... Banks, Reasons, Roberts, and Hoss drafted that year.</P>

Tuggle was a tough guy...

he was diagnosed with cancer while playing for the Giants...
he died in 86
</P>

How bout Nelson he got the cancer too</P>

I been at that stadium since 76 33 years hmm</P>

jints10
04-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Did I just sign a 5 grand ticket to cancer? X3

zimonami
04-16-2009, 09:02 AM

</P>

2/3 Zim the Gary is wrong think DE</P>

</P>

only DE I can think of with name Gary is Jeter</P>

jints10
04-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Did you say Gary Jeter if so I say you are right</P>

Larry LT Harry Carson Gary Jeter</P>

YATittle1962
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
who was the Giants linebacker coach in '75 and 76'?

zimonami
04-16-2009, 01:22 PM
</P>

I can only remember Arnsbarger... can't remember his coaches. although I know it will be a name that we'd all recognize</P>

YATittle1962
04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
</p>

I can only remember Arnsbarger... can't remember his coaches. although I know it will be a name that we'd all recognize</p>
you know this guy well.
a future head coach

SEC105
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
</P>

I can only remember Arnsbarger... can't remember his coaches. although I know it will be a name that we'd all recognize</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

would it be Marty Scotenheimer [sp] YA. Pretty sure he was linebacker coach</P>

On the infamous Joe Theisman leg breaking incident the play called was a flea flicker. What was the Redskins fullback name who had the ball handed off to him and he turned back and tossed it to Theisman. The rest as they say is history</P>

zimonami
04-16-2009, 03:57 PM
</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

On the infamous Joe Theisman leg breaking incident the play called was a flea flicker. What was the Redskins fullback name who had the ball handed off to him and he turned back and tossed it to Theisman. The rest as they say is history</P>

</P>

Tim Smith? That was one ugly play that you can't forget... LT waving frantically for help for old Joe. I don't think Joe ever forgave the Giants... he certainly rarely has anything good to say about us.</P>

Schottenheimer sounds right</P>

SEC105
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

</P>

Tim Smith? That was one ugly play that you can't forget... LT waving frantically for help for old Joe. I don't think Joe ever forgave the Giants... he certainly rarely has anything good to say about us.</P>

Schottenheimer sounds right</P>

</P>

No was'nt Tim Smith Z but its a fullback we all remember well. A quote by this fullback "loosen upSandra baby" to Supreme Court JusticeSandra Day O'Connor @ a White House dinner for the Redskins after he had drank heavily</P>

That was one of the most gruesome injuries I can remember and it was on Monday Night Football , plenty of replays</P>

yo-ho
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

</P>

It was John Riggins. And he ws not a fullback. He was a halfback. He just looked like a fullback, he was actually very fast.</P>

SEC105
04-16-2009, 04:57 PM
</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

</P>

It was John Riggins. And he ws not a fullback. He was a halfback. He just looked like a fullback, he was actually very fast.</P>

</P>

I think Riggins played both fullback and halfback , he was very fast for his size</P>

What Giant player recovered Jerry Rices early game fumble that certainly would havebeen 7 points for SF in the Jan 87 49-3 demolitionplayoff game</P>

zimonami
04-16-2009, 07:04 PM
</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

</P>

</P>

I think Riggins played both fullback and halfback , he was very fast for his size</P>

What Giant player recovered Jerry Rices early game fumble that certainly would havebeen 7 points for SF in the Jan 87 49-3 demolitionplayoff game</P>

</P>

That was safety Kenny Hill. I was at the game and it was amazing. Rice is wide open, running for what would be a TD, or close to it... all alone, and he sudden;y fumbles the ball at the 20-25 yd line, for no earthly reason... just one of those things, like when Rob Carpenter fumbled the year before at Chicago in our NFC Championship game.</P>

Burt crushes Montana just before the half and LT intercepts that pass for a TD</P>

Everything went out way. We crushed them. It was a pleasure.</P>

zimonami
04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

That was safety Kenny Hill. I was at the game and it was amazing. Rice is wide open, running for what would be a TD, or close to it... all alone, and he sudden;y fumbles the ball at the 20-25 yd line, for no earthly reason... just one of those things, like when Rob Carpenter fumbled the year before at Chicago in our NFC Championship game.</P>

Burt crushes Montana just before the half and LT intercepts that pass for a TD</P>

</P>

Who did Washington beat that same weekto set up the Giant - Washington NFC Championship?</P>

YATittle1962
04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
</p>

I can only remember Arnsbarger... can't remember his coaches. although I know it will be a name that we'd all recognize</p>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</p>

would it be Marty Scotenheimer [sp] YA. Pretty sure he was linebacker coach</p>

On the infamous Joe Theisman leg breaking incident the play called was a flea flicker. What was the Redskins fullback name who had the ball handed off to him and he turned back and tossed it to Theisman. The rest as they say is history</p>

</p>

It was John Riggins. And he ws not a fullback. He was a halfback. He just looked like a fullback, he was actually very fast.</p>

</p>

I think Riggins played both fullback and halfback , he was very fast for his size</p>

What Giant player recovered Jerry Rices early game fumble that certainly would havebeen 7 points for SF in the Jan 87 49-3 demolitionplayoff game</p>

</p>

That was safety Kenny Hill. I was at the game and it was amazing. Rice is wide open, running for what would be a TD, or close to it... all alone, and he sudden;y fumbles the ball at the 20-25 yd line, for no earthly reason... just one of those things, like when Rob Carpenter fumbled the year before at Chicago in our NFC Championship game.</p>

Burt crushes Montana just before the half and LT intercepts that pass for a TD</p>

Everything went out way. We crushed them. It was a pleasure.</p>

</p>

Who did Washington beat that same weekto set up the Giant - Washington NFC Championship?</p>

they beat the Bears...
dont remember the game....i think it was a blowout

YATittle1962
04-16-2009, 09:08 PM
oh yeah .....and Marty is right..........[B]

yo-ho
04-17-2009, 08:47 AM
</P>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Who did Washington beat that same weekto set up the Giant - Washington NFC Championship?</P>

they beat the Bears...
</P>

And I so wanted the G-men to get some revenge on Da Bears too. We would have crushed them that year.</P>

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 10:29 AM
</p>

you know this guy well.
a future head coach
</p>

would it be Marty Scotenheimer [sp] YA. Pretty sure he was linebacker coach</p>

On the infamous Joe Theisman leg breaking incident the play called was a flea flicker. What was the Redskins fullback name who had the ball handed off to him and he turned back and tossed it to Theisman. The rest as they say is history</p>

</p>

It was John Riggins. And he ws not a fullback. He was a halfback. He just looked like a fullback, he was actually very fast.</p>

</p>

I think Riggins played both fullback and halfback , he was very fast for his size</p>

What Giant player recovered Jerry Rices early game fumble that certainly would havebeen 7 points for SF in the Jan 87 49-3 demolitionplayoff game</p>

</p>

That was safety Kenny Hill. I was at the game and it was amazing. Rice is wide open, running for what would be a TD, or close to it... all alone, and he sudden;y fumbles the ball at the 20-25 yd line, for no earthly reason... just one of those things, like when Rob Carpenter fumbled the year before at Chicago in our NFC Championship game.</p>

Burt crushes Montana just before the half and LT intercepts that pass for a TD</p>

Everything went out way. We crushed them. It was a pleasure.</p>

</p>

Who did Washington beat that same weekto set up the Giant - Washington NFC Championship?</p>

they beat the Bears...
</p>

And I so wanted the G-men to get some revenge on Da Bears too. We would have crushed them that year.</p>

I felt the same.......
I wanted the Bears...........
we would have taken it to them......

no one was beating us that year ....they could have had 15 guys on the field

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
i want to see if you guys remember this guy.

the only reason I do is because I watched him at East Carolina and wanted him....
I thought he would have been great for the Giants....I was wrong.....

anyhow they did pick him in the fourth round I believe.....of 1974.....
and like I said out of East Carolina....
he started a few games in 74...stuck around a little for 75 then disappeared .....

what I hoped and thought would be a stud ended up a bust......

who was he?

jints10
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM

the only reason I do is because I watched him at East Carolina and wanted him....

he started a few games in 74...stuck around a little for 75 then disappeared .....

who was he?

Had to look it up it was Carl Summerell QB he doesn't really stick out to me but those were the Craig Morton years so he probably couldn't have done any worse.

What QB holds the regular season single game record of 84.6% of his passes 22-26 in a game at St.Louis.

SEC105
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM

who was he?

Had to look it up it was Carl Summerell QB he doesn't really stick out to me but those were the Craig Morton years so he probably couldn't have done any worse.

What QB holds the regular season single game record of 84.6% of his passes 22-26 in a game at St.Louis.
</P>

I was going to say Jerry Golstynoff the top my head</P>

That regular season passing record sounds like it has to be YA against the Cardinals at some point</P>

What was the most "Unique" thing about the 1975 season? </P>

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 01:25 PM

who was he?

this is not something in my knowledge bank but I will take an educated guess...

I'd say either Kerry Collins or Phil Simms........maybe Tittle.....

Im actually very curious about this one.......

I would look it up but for some reason anytime I try to do that I find nothing....hahahaha
I am a useless researcher......

jints10
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM

who was he?

this is not something in my knowledge bank but I will take an educated guess...

I'd say either Kerry Collins or Phil Simms........maybe Tittle.....

Im actually very curious about this one.......

I would look it up but for some reason anytime I try to do that I find nothing....hahahaha
I am a useless researcher......

</P>

It was Kerry Collins vs the Rams on Sept 15, 2002</P>

jints10
04-17-2009, 02:03 PM

who was he?

</P>

I was going to say Jerry Golstynoff the top my head</P>

That regular season passing record sounds like it has to be YA against the Cardinals at some point</P>

What was the most "Unique" thing about the 1975 season? </P>

</P>

The Giants played their home games at Shea Stadium</P>

SEC105
04-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Shea stadium was the answer</P>

What Giant returned the kickoff on the first play ever @ Giants Stadium?</P>

zimonami
04-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm going to guess that it was Tittle that went 22/26. My second choice would be Collins</P>

</P>

YA - I had to look at the '75 season to find out what was unique. Really, nothing jumped out at me. We were 4-2 preseason then a dismal 5-9 in season. We won 2 ganes at home and 3 games away. Our O-line was very bad and our defense was, as usual, pretty decent. Dawkins, Kotar, and Ron Johnson had a fairly equal distribution of carries, with Dawkins tops at 438 yards. We had another RB, Watkins, who rings no bells with me. We also had a PK, George Hunt, who I also have zero memory of. It was a forgettable year, and our only year at Shea Stadium.... a very bad football venue for the fans.</P>

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Shea stadium was the answer</p>

What Giant returned the kickoff on the first play ever @ Giants Stadium?</p>

i think it was Robinson.....?
I was at that game but its a very foggy memory........

the 3-4 defense of 1981.
what nose tackle did that defense take shape around?

jints10
04-17-2009, 02:22 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</P>

Either Jimmy Robinson or Gordan Bell for the return question</P>

1981 was Jim Burt's first year</P>

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</p>

Either Jimmy Robinson or Gordan Bell for the return question</p>

1981 was Jim Burt's first year</p>

it was Burts first year but another guy started at nose.....

this guy was a fantastic rookie..
a beast that sealed the inside.....

a main reason why they allowed the fewest yards per rush attempt that season.

jints10
04-17-2009, 02:36 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</P>

</P>

Ok I almost forgot about him Bill Neill</P>

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 02:38 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</p>

</p>

Ok I almost forgot about him Bill Neill</p>

he was a beast.....

was it injuries that ended his run...?
dont remember.....

I hated the 3-4 but I loved that kid

jints10
04-17-2009, 02:56 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</P>

</P>

he was a beast.....

dont remember.....

</P>

Probably just the emergence of Burt. Then Erik Howard pushed Burt.That was a nice streach for NTs.</P>

Who was the first starting QB to win the Super Bowl wearing the number 10.</P>

SEC105
04-17-2009, 03:07 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</P>

</P>

he was a beast.....

dont remember.....

</P>

Probably just the emergence of Burt. Then Erik Howard pushed Burt.That was a nice streach for NTs.</P>

</P>

Gordon Bell returned the first Kickoff @ Giants Stadium</P>

Wild guess Jim Plunkett as no.10 can't be Eli can it?</P>

Leon Bright was leveled by a Dallas player in the first half of the Dec 1981 game [sending us playoff bound ] and taken off the field on a cart. When did Leon return to the Giants to play again?</P>

jints10
04-17-2009, 03:26 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</p>

</p>

Ok I almost forgot about him Bill Neill</p>

he was a beast.....

dont remember.....

</p>

Probably just the emergence of Burt. Then Erik Howard pushed Burt.That was a nice streach for NTs.</p>

Who was the first starting QB to win the Super Bowl wearing the number 10.</p>

</p>

Gordon Bell returned the first Kickoff @ Giants Stadium</p>

Wild guess Jim Plunkett as no.10 can't be Eli can it?</p>

Leon Bright was leveled by a Dallas player in the first half of the Dec 1981 game [sending us playoff bound ] and taken off the field on a cart. When did Leon return to the Giants to play again?</p>
Plunkett wore #16, I believe. Yea it was Eli I was surprised when I read this myself.

I know that Bright played the following week in the Wild Card game vs the Eagles. So I'm guessing he came back in the 2nd half of that very same Dallas game.

SEC105
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</P>

</P>

he was a beast.....

dont remember.....

</P>

</P>

Leon Bright was leveled by a Dallas player in the first half of the Dec 1981 game [sending us playoff bound ] and taken off the field on a cart. When did Leon return to the Giants to play again?</P>

Plunkett wore #16, I believe. Yea it was Eli I was surprised when I read this myself.

I know that Bright played the following week in the Wild Card game vs the Eagles. So I'm guessing he came back in the 2nd half of that very same Dallas game.

</P>

Thats something about no. 10 never realized it either</P>

Yup Bright was carted off on a stretcher in the first half and returned in the second half of the game. I just remember the ovation he got we he popped out of the tunnel to resume playing. He had guts!!!</P>

who had the longest field goal in Giant history [2 of em from the same distance] I think this record still stands</P>

yo-ho
04-17-2009, 04:04 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</P>

</P>

he was a beast.....

dont remember.....

</P>

</P>

</P>

Yup Bright was carted off on a stretcher in the first half and returned in the second half of the game. I just remember the ovation he got we he popped out of the tunnel to resume playing. He had guts!!!</P>

who had the longest field goal in Giant history [2 of em from the same distance] I think this record still stands</P>

</P>

Was it Stover? he had a big leg when he was a rookie.</P>

SEC105
04-17-2009, 04:11 PM

the 3-4 defense of 1981.

</P>

</P>

he was a beast.....

dont remember.....

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Was it Stover? he had a big leg when he was a rookie.</P>

</P>

The guy I'm thinking of played in the 80s that record might may been broken. It was 56 yards [2]</P>

jints10
04-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Ali Haji Sheek (sp) had the longest on record but Summerall clames to have the longer one that he says was miss marked by record keepers cuz of snow.

SEC105
04-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Ali Haji Sheek (sp) had the longest on record but Summerall clames to have the longer one that he says was miss marked by record keepers cuz of snow.
</P>

Yeh , I was thinking of Ali Haji Shiek [sp] I know he had 2 56 yarders but somebody might have gone longer [Daluiso?] or perhaps Stover</P>

I've heard that too. My father used to say itwas a lot longer than 49 yards for Summerall in the snow no less. Must be a way to fiqure that out these days from old films.</P>

jints10
04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Who holds the Giants record with 3 punt returns for TDs in a single game?

SEC105
04-17-2009, 04:48 PM
</P>

I'm thinking Dave Megget</P>

What reason did the Giants give for building those concrete walls around the lower level so you can't seem the game when circiling the stadium? I don't know .......just wondering</P>

jints10
04-17-2009, 05:09 PM
</p>

I'm thinking Dave Megget</p>

What reason did the Giants give for building those concrete walls around the lower level so you can't seem the game when circiling the stadium? I don't know .......just wondering</p>
Not Meggett, he did it in early 50s

My theory about the walls was that the then Giants coach Dan Reeves wanted to go to more of a passing attack. It was way more windy before the walls went up. We even call the walls the "Dan Reeves walls".

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 05:31 PM
</p>

What reason did the Giants give for building those concrete walls around the lower level so you can't seem the game when circiling the stadium? I don't know .......just wondering</p>

My theory about the walls was that the then Giants coach Dan Reeves wanted to go to more of a passing attack. It was way more windy before the walls went up. We even call the walls the "Dan Reeves walls".

My old man used to swear that Summerall kick against Cleveland was at least 57 yards.
Rest his soul ......his blood was pure blue.....

I think Daluiso had the longest kick......maybe im wrong......

I think it was either Em Tunnell or Gene Filipski with the returns....

that is absolutely the reason those stupid Reeves walls went up....
that and the fact that so many people watched the games from up there......

that wind was part f Parcells strategy.....hahahaha......
open up the doors

jints10
04-17-2009, 05:38 PM
</p>

My old man used to swear that Summerall kick against Cleveland was at least 57 yards.

open up the doors

Yup Emlin Tunnel it was

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 06:37 PM
</p>

open up the doors

Yup Emlin Tunnel it was

in this Giant running backs debut he ran for 103 yds against the St Louis Cardinals @ Giants Stadium.
all those yards came in the second half...

who was he?

this guy had the heart of a lion and I was a huge fan

jints10
04-17-2009, 07:02 PM
</p>

open up the doors

Yup Emlin Tunnel it was

in this Giant running backs debut he ran for 103 yds against the St Louis Cardinals @ Giants Stadium.
all those yards came in the second half...

who was he?

this guy had the heart of a lion and I was a huge fan

Rob Carpenter

Who did the Giants beat in the first ever playoff game at Giants Stadium and what year was it?

zimonami
04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Dang, I leave here for a few hours to get some work done, and the world passes me by.</P>

YA - I was typing my 'unique' '75 answer when you posted. I included Shea... I know, cuz I was there at that hated place.</P>

I also knew the Em Tunnell answer, but you guys are so quick that I can't compete. Must be the old age creepin' in.</P>

Bill Neill was a beast. I loved him. You could'nt get him off his feet... Burt and Howard were the same way... an absolute necessity in a 3-4. I'll see if I can find out what happeded to Neill.</P>

Oh, I also knew that Bright returned in the second half. He was a maniac, and we loved him for it.</P>

Question... easy one. What did Burt do in his first preseason when he thought the Turk might come to his room to give him the bad news that he was cut?</P>

jints10
04-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I went and looked up a few things about Bill Neill He twisted his knee in the opener of 1983 and had to have his knee scoped for the third time. He went to Greenbay for the 1984 season and that was it for him.

zimonami
04-17-2009, 07:54 PM
I went and looked up a few things about Bill Neill He twisted his knee in the opener of 1983 and had to have his knee scoped for the third time. He went to Greenbay for the 1984 season and that was it for him.
</P>

Good work, Jints 10. I was away finding the same info. He only played 1 game for us in '83 cuz of the knee. The Avatar is Neill</P>

Roswell777
04-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Dang, I leave here for a few hours to get some work done, and the world passes me by.</P>

YA - I was typing my 'unique' '75 answer when you posted.* I included Shea... I know, cuz I was there at that hated place.</P>

I also knew the Em Tunnell answer, but you guys are so quick that I can't compete. Must be the old age creepin' in.</P>

Bill Neill was a beast. I loved him. You could'nt get him off his feet... Burt and Howard were the same way... an absolute necessity in a 3-4. I'll see if I can find out what happeded to Neill.</P>

Oh, I also knew that Bright returned in the second half. He was a maniac, and we loved him for it.</P>

Question... easy one.* What did Burt do in his first preseason when he thought the Turk might come to his room to give him the bad news that he was cut?</P>

He hid under his bed.

Roswell777
04-17-2009, 08:20 PM
</P>

Good work, Jints 10. I was away finding the same info.* He only played 1 game for us in '83 cuz of the knee.* The Avatar is Neill</P>

Wow. I thought that was Troy Archer.

zimonami
04-17-2009, 08:23 PM

YA - I was typing my 'unique' '75 answer when you posted. I included Shea... I know, cuz I was there at that hated place.</P>

Question... easy one. What did Burt do in his first preseason when he thought the Turk might come to his room to give him the bad news that he was cut?</P>

He hid under his bed.</P>

lol... can you imagine this big brave man hiding under the bed... "If they can't find me, they can't cut me. Burt's room mate had to LHFAO</P>

Roswell777
04-17-2009, 08:25 PM

YA - I was typing my 'unique' '75 answer when you posted.* I included Shea... I know, cuz I was there at that hated place.</P>

Question... easy one.* What did Burt do in his first preseason when he thought the Turk might come to his room to give him the bad news that he was cut?</P>

He hid under his bed.</P>

lol... can you imagine this big brave man hiding under the bed... "If they can't find me, they can't cut me.* Burt's room mate had to LHFAO</P>

I think if you asked Parcells, it would probably be one of his favorite football stories.

Roswell777
04-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Here's an easy one. How many teams have won SBs under three different commissioners?

zimonami
04-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Here's an easy one. How many teams have won SBs under three different commissioners?</P>

Could only be Pittsburg and our own NT Giants</P>

Roswell777
04-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Here's an easy one. How many teams have won SBs under three different commissioners?</p>

Could only be Pittsburg and our own NT Giants</p>

until Pitt won last year, we were the only team.

YATittle1962
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
what former Giants backup quarterbacks father once blocked a field goal in a superbowl, and later was to a member of the Giants?

zimonami
04-17-2009, 11:13 PM
what former Giants backup quarterbacks father once blocked a field goal in a superbowl, and later was to a member of the Giants?
</P>

Tim Hassleback's father, Don Hassleback... he blocked an extra point for Oakland, against Washington in a SB</P>

zimonami
04-17-2009, 11:25 PM
This Giant backup Quarterback's father was once an assistant coach with the Giants in the early 70's

jints10
04-18-2009, 07:37 AM
This Giant backup Quarterback's father was once an assistant coach with the Giants in the early 70's

Jason Garret was the Giants backup QB. His dad is Jim Garret was an assistant coach.

What former Giant great's son played professional soccer for the Dallas Tornado?

zimonami
04-18-2009, 09:05 AM

Jason Garret was the Giants backup QB. His dad is Jim Garret was an assistant coach.

What former Giant great's son played professional soccer for the Dallas Tornado?
</P>

Kyle Rote ... his son, Kyle Jr. also won that old ABC Superstars competition several times.</P>

Roswell777
04-18-2009, 09:08 AM

</p>

Kyle Rote ... his son, Kyle Jr. also won that old ABC Superstars competition several times.</p>

You guys are good. Here's another one that I would think is hard but you'll find easy. What Giants have scored TDs in different SBs?

jints10
04-18-2009, 09:12 AM

</p>

Kyle Rote ... his son, Kyle Jr. also won that old ABC Superstars competition several times.</p>

Yes it was Kyle Rote and his son Kyle Rote jr both great athletes

What giants player has a brother who plays for the professional soccer team Red Bulls?

jints10
04-18-2009, 09:17 AM

</p>

You guys are good. Here's another one that I would think is hard but you'll find easy. What Giants have scored TDs in different SBs?

I know right off the bat that OJ Anderson did it. Not positive anybody else did though. Maybe Bavaro but that I would have to look up I know he had one in SB XXI.

jints10
04-18-2009, 09:21 AM

</p>

I know right off the bat that OJ Anderson did it. Not positive anybody else did though. Maybe Bavaro but that I would have to look up I know he had one in SB XXI.

Nah just OJ Anderson

Roswell777
04-18-2009, 09:26 AM

</p>

Nah just OJ Anderson

Just OJA. The only other TD the Giants scored in that game was by Stephen Baker.

jints10
04-18-2009, 09:35 AM

</p>

Nah just OJ Anderson

Just OJA. The only other TD the Giants scored in that game was by Stephen Baker.

I started to think this might be a trick question and looked up Larry Csonka's Super bowl stats and found that he didn't do it. You never said in your question that he had to do it with the Giants.

Roswell777
04-18-2009, 11:45 AM

</p>

Nah just OJ Anderson

Considering we got rid of Burress and Tyree is in limbo, OJA's "record" might be safe for a while.

jints10
04-18-2009, 12:38 PM
This one is still out there What Giant has a brother that plays professional soccer with the Red Bulls?

zimonami
04-18-2009, 03:19 PM
This one is still out there What Giant has a brother that plays professional soccer with the Red Bulls?
</P>

Terry Boss... Kevin's Bro</P>

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 03:29 PM

Kevin Boss brother .....

the only reason I know that is because Kevin Boss went to high school with my nephew in Oregon and they still keep in touch.......

otherwise I dont think I would have ever gotten that one.......

what first round draft choice and multi time pro bowl DB was named first team all pro by 3 different selection services in 1981?

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 03:30 PM
totally didnt see that Zim answered that......my bad

Bleedin Blue Since '62
04-18-2009, 03:33 PM
</P>

Terry Boss... Kevin's Bro</P>

</P>

</P>

I am disputing this as the correct answer. I want a replay. My answer is Chase Blackburn or maybe Alex Webster.</P>

jints10
04-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Yea guys it is Boss his brother Terry plays goalie for the Red Bulls

jints10
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Kevin Boss brother .....

the only reason I know that is because Kevin Boss went to high school with my nephew in Oregon and they still keep in touch.......

what first round draft choice and multi time pro bowl DB was named first team all pro by 3 different selection services in 1981?

Mark Haynes

zimonami
04-18-2009, 04:34 PM

Kevin Boss brother .....

Mark Haynes
</P>

I think he didn't make all Pro until '82, his 3rd year. He was a goody.</P>

zimonami
04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
totally didnt see that Zim answered that......my bad
</P>

No sweat there YA, I've done that before. </P>

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 07:47 PM

Kevin Boss brother .....

Mark Haynes
</p>

I think he didn't make all Pro until '82, his 3rd year. He was a goody.</p>

Mark Heynes it is....

yeah maybe it was 82.....

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 07:53 PM
what D lineman wore # 71 from 67- 71?

I enjoyed how he played the game

zimonami
04-18-2009, 08:50 PM

</P>

Yeah, me too... Bob Lurtsema... one of our goodies. But, I can only remember him, Kat, and Spider from this period. Dammed Allie decimated us and this was one of the few periods of my life when IU can remember that our D was really bad. A shame. But, Lurtsema always played his heart out.</P>

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 10:19 PM

</p>

Yeah, me too... Bob Lurtsema... one of our goodies. But, I can only remember him, Kat, and Spider from this period. Dammed Allie decimated us and this was one of the few periods of my life when IU can remember that our D was really bad. A shame. But, Lurtsema always played his heart out.</p>

he did play his heart out....

Can you imagine what Allie did to the team happening today?
I feel like no one in their right mind would do the type of things he did.

I feel like it would be like trading Osi, Tuck, Peirce, Webster and getting some rookies and backup guys to fill the wholes...

as I sit here and think about it all I can say is.........
what the hell was he thinking???

zimonami
04-18-2009, 10:26 PM

</P>

Yeah, me too... Bob Lurtsema... one of our goodies. But, I can only remember him, Kat, and Spider from this period. Dammed Allie decimated us and this was one of the few periods of my life when IU can remember that our D was really bad. A shame. But, Lurtsema always played his heart out.</P>

he did play his heart out....

Can you imagine what Allie did to the team happening today?
I feel like no one in their right mind would do the type of things he did.

I feel like it would be like trading Osi, Tuck, Peirce, Webster and getting some rookies and backup guys to fill the wholes...

as I sit here and think about it all I can say is.........
what the hell was he thinking???
</P>

Allie was all X's and O's, with no ability to relate to his men. They disliked him, and he got rid of them, like a spiteful child. What puzzled me was Well allowing it to happen, like a handcuffed parent. They all thought Allie was a genius, let all the good coaches go to other teams, and then sat there paralyzed while Allie did what he wanted. Thank God Rozelle pushed George Young on Well in '79.</P>

jints10
04-18-2009, 10:31 PM

</p>

Yeah, me too... Bob Lurtsema... one of our goodies. But, I can only remember him, Kat, and Spider from this period. Dammed Allie decimated us and this was one of the few periods of my life when IU can remember that our D was really bad. A shame. But, Lurtsema always played his heart out.</p>

An obscure Giants RB from that era Randy Minniear moved into our town and coached our Pop Warner football team. We went to the USA finals in Florida in "77" but lost.

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 10:55 PM

</p>

An obscure Giants RB from that era Randy Minniear moved into our town and coached our Pop Warner football team. We went to the USA finals in Florida in "77" but lost.

I remember him....
I was at a game @ Washington where he scored a touchdown...probably around '69
I dont think he scored much...

i spent some time looking for his card not long after that game....but never did find it...they may not have made one....

Im going to take some pics of my Giants collection soon.....
i think you guys may enjoy it....

tons of cards from throughout my life...lots of stuff from all the guys we mention here...

a sneak preview....[B]
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8483/herrmann.jpg

jints10
04-18-2009, 11:03 PM

</p>

I remember him....

i spent some time looking for his card not long after that game....but never did find it...they may not have made one....

tons of cards from throughout my life...lots of stuff from all the guys we mention here...

a sneak preview....[B]

I have to get a scanner so I can show you guys all the stuff that we have saved through the years.

jints10
04-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Did any of you guys get "The Giants Newsweekly" back in the 80s?

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 11:15 PM

</p>

I remember him....

a sneak preview....[B]

I have to get a scanner so I can show you guys all the stuff that we have saved through the years.

just took that with my cell phone.....
I have just about everyone we have ever mentioned here......

one of my favorite cards..
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2231/spiderf.jpg
I wear the patch that the players wore on their uniforms when Spider passed away on a few of my jackets......on the inside mostly or in an inconspicuous spot...but its there....

jints10
04-18-2009, 11:21 PM

</p>

I remember him....

a sneak preview....[B]

I wear the patch that the players wore on their uniforms when Spider passed away on a few of my jackets......on the inside mostly or in an inconspicuous spot...but its there....

I have all the old programs from most of the games alot even back as far as Yankee Stadium. Almost all of them from Giants Stadium.

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 11:27 PM

</p>

I remember him....

a sneak preview....[B]

I have all the old programs from most of the games alot even back as far as Yankee Stadium. Almost all of them from Giants Stadium.

i have all the Championship game and Superbowl programs....all but the 58 game program.....
only time I have ever seen it for sale the price was ridiculous.......
im pissed i let one slip through my fingers a few months back.......

jints10
04-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I never really priced any of the stuff that I have, just throw it in a box and put it away.

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I never really priced any of the stuff that I have, just throw it in a box and put it away.

its worth a fortune.....know this my friend......

im sure you feel like i do though ............that no money could get it from me.......

i couldnt put a price on my stuff....
especially the stuff I have had since I was a kid......

some stuff I bought to replace sruff I had and lost

jints10
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM

im sure you feel like i do though ............that no money could get it from me.......

I got a mini bat that was handed out the day they let fans touch Babe Ruth's coffin.

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Zeke Mowatt got the first score....who got the second score for the Giants in Superbowl XXI

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 11:42 PM

I got a mini bat that was handed out the day they let fans touch Babe Ruth's coffin.

holy crap dude!!!!

jints10
04-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Zeke Mowatt got the first score....who got the second score for the Giants in Superbowl XXI

George Martian with a safety to change the tide before halftime.

jints10
04-18-2009, 11:53 PM

holy crap dude!!!!

It was my mom that saved it, dad is a National League fan. Mom grew up in the shadows of Yankee Stadium.

YATittle1962
04-18-2009, 11:57 PM

George Martian with a safety to change the tide before halftime.

what a rush that day was.....most people on these boards (if they even remember that game) dont realize that was the first sniff of Championship since '63...
I remember sitting that day ...before the game talking to my son who was 7 at the time ..telling him to enjoy this day ....win or lose cus you will tell your kids about it one day........
sure enough that day came in feb 07..........full circle....

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 12:04 AM

holy crap dude!!!!

It was my mom that saved it, dad is a National League fan. Mom grew up in the shadows of Yankee Stadium.

my parents were from the Bronx.....
my dad used to stand outside the Concourse Plaza Hotel where a lot if the players lived in the early and mid 50s with his little brother...my uncle.....and get them to sign things when they would come out to walk to work...
my father used to tell me they would all walk to the Stadium in those days since they lived so close.....
he used his younger brother and said the signatures were for him but he really wanted them as well but he was a borderline grown man and felt foolish...hahaha

jints10
04-19-2009, 12:29 AM

holy crap dude!!!!

my dad used to stand outside the Concourse Plaza Hotel where a lot if the players lived in the early and mid 50s with his little brother...my uncle.....and get them to sign things when they would come out to walk to work...
my father used to tell me they would all walk to the Stadium in those days since they lived so close.....
he used his younger brother and said the signatures were for him but he really wanted them as well but he was a borderline grown man and felt foolish...hahaha

My mom said they used to let the kids in after the 3rd or 4th inning and their was always a crowd waiting to get in, she said the kids would always sit with their schools in the bleachers

zimonami
04-19-2009, 12:57 AM

holy crap dude!!!!

My mom said they used to let the kids in after the 3rd or 4th inning and their was always a crowd waiting to get in, she said the kids would always sit with their schools in the bleachers
</P>

Good stories guys... thank you. I wish I had been like you guys. I've had stuff pass through my hands from the Yankees, Dodgers and Giants. I used to flip card cards with my friends in '53 and '54 and Mickey Mantle, Duke Snider, Williw Mays cards would never be risked... but, I don't know what ever became of them. I had almost every Dodger card then... gone. I had Giant programs going back to '68... gone. I'll look forward to seeing your stuff, YA</P>

jints10
04-19-2009, 01:30 AM
Here is a picture of the Babe Ruth bat that I have sorry the gold lettering couldn't come out. I musta took 25 pics. I keep this behind glass but took it out to try and show you guys I don't like to handle ithttp://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/jints10/Picture053.jpg

jints10
04-19-2009, 03:33 AM
Who holds the Giants record for TDs in a single season?

jints10
04-19-2009, 03:35 AM
Who holds the Giants record for TDs career?

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 09:56 AM

single season...Joe Morris......? I think

Career.........Tiki......? I think...or Amani?...

what Giant Linebacker left the team for the Ministry ?

jints10
04-19-2009, 12:45 PM

</P>

Joe Morris is right for single season</P>

Amani Toomer 54</P>

Tiki Barber 55</P>

Alex Webster 56</P>

Joe Morrison 65</P>

Frank Gifford 78</P>

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 03:49 PM

</p>

Joe Morris is right for single season</p>

Amani Toomer 54</p>

Tiki Barber 55</p>

Alex Webster 56</p>

Joe Morrison 65</p>

Frank Gifford 78</p>

wow look at Giff...... who'da thought......I should have......

the Giant Linebacker that left the game for the Ministry is still out there.......???

and I thought of this guy......

who played his heart out at LT for many years on a bad offense and wore #69?

this guy had the heart of a Champion.........

zimonami
04-19-2009, 04:58 PM

</P>

Joe Morris is right for single season</P>

Amani Toomer 54</P>

Tiki Barber 55</P>

Alex Webster 56</P>

Joe Morrison 65</P>

Frank Gifford 78</P>

the Giant Linebacker that left the game for the Ministry is still out there.......???

</P>

Mr. Willie Young, #69, succeeded Rosie at LT and played his heart out for us for 9-10 yrs.</P>

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 05:32 PM

</p>

Joe Morris is right for single season</p>

Amani Toomer 54</p>

Tiki Barber 55</p>

Alex Webster 56</p>

Joe Morrison 65</p>

Frank Gifford 78</p>

</p>

Mr. Willie Young, #69, succeeded Rosie at LT and played his heart out for us for 9-10 yrs.</p>

he didnt have the size but if he had half a team around him he would have been as known as Rosey

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 07:32 PM
ok......it was Jim Files who left the game for the Ministry......

Whst Giant led the NFC in receptions in 1971?

Roswell777
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
who were the three LBs from that team? Files, Hornsby and who?

zimonami
04-19-2009, 09:17 PM

</P>

This was not a good year for WR for the Gmen. Houston and McNeil were our starters. I think Herrmann caught more than either of them. I also think Tucker and Morrison caught more than them. I'd say Tucker was out #1 receiver. If that was the most in the NFC, then cool. If he led the NFC you'd think he would be on the All Pro team, but I don't think her was... that's typical when your team is bad.</P>

zimonami
04-19-2009, 09:22 PM
who were the three LBs from that team? Files, Hornsby and who?</P>

Wow, I can't think of a thrid. Was Pat Hughes on the '71 Giants?</P>

Roswell777
04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
who were the three LBs from that team? Files, Hornsby and who?</P>

Wow, I can't think of a thrid. Was Pat Hughes on the '71 Giants?</P>

I'm not sure. I know there was a time when they always had a really good trio of LBs, even in the early 70's when being a Giant fan was a real test of endurance. Hughes was good. The guy that surprised me was Hornsby. I thought he would have a longer run. Was Dan Lloyd on that team or was that later on?

Roswell777
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I cheated and looked it up. You're right Hughes was on the 71 Giants. Lloyd played in the late 70's for a short while. I thought had he not gotten sick he was on his way to a terrific career. Both he, Kotar, Archer...they all would have been special for a longer period than they were.

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 09:50 PM

</p>

This was not a good year for WR for the Gmen. Houston and McNeil were our starters. I think Herrmann caught more than either of them. I also think Tucker and Morrison caught more than them. I'd say Tucker was out #1 receiver. If that was the most in the NFC, then cool. If he led the NFC you'd think he would be on the All Pro team, but I don't think her was... that's typical when your team is bad.</p>
yeah it was Bob Tucker......
great Giant

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 09:54 PM
what 2 players led the Giants with 6.5 sacks each in 1994?

zimonami
04-20-2009, 12:30 AM
I cheated and looked it up. You're right Hughes was on the 71 Giants. Lloyd played in the late 70's for a short while. I thought had he not gotten sick he was on his way to a terrific career. Both he, Kotar, Archer...they all would have been special for a longer period than they were.</P>

Hey, thanks for the Dan Lloyd mention. I hadn't thought of him in a while. He was a fan favorite, just like Kotar and Archer. I think YA mentioned that Tuggle also had a non-football related problem. Who elsedid we have that had their careers shortened by non-football related problems? Right now, I can't think of any, but there are surely others. These guys always seem so invincible and it's sad to see them cut down so young. Ernie Davis was one of my first college heroes, in '59. He wanted to go to Cleveland or the Gmen. Can you imagine Davis and Jim Brown in the same backfield?</P>

yo-ho
04-20-2009, 09:36 AM
</P>

Here's a guess... Gary Jeter, and Pepper Johnson?</P>

jints10
04-20-2009, 09:47 AM
</p>

Here's a guess... Gary Jeter, and Pepper Johnson?</p>
I'll say Keith Hamilton and either Strahan on his way up or Howard on his way down.

zimonami
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
</P>

One has got to be the Hammer... Hamilton. The other has to be Strahan or Howard.</P>

YATittle1962
04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Hammer and Howard is right....

heres one you should get .........

he was our Safety from 98-05 that didnt have huge numbers but was a tough as nails and made big plays...
who was he?

he was one of my favorite players in recent years....

jints10
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM

he was our Safety from 98-05 that didnt have huge numbers but was a tough as nails and made big plays...
who was he?

Sam Garnes

YATittle1962
04-20-2009, 02:51 PM

who was he?

Sam Garnes

wasnt thinking of Sam...but he was a hell of a player..
I think he played til 03 though

SEC105
04-20-2009, 03:21 PM

who was he?

Sam Garnes

</P>

Shaun Williams</P>

Name the specific trickplay that Ron Dixon caught on the last play of the game vs Eagles [playoffs?]during the Fassel years. He almost scored , just came up short I almost positive it was Dixon but doing from memory</P>

jints10
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM

who was he?

Sam Garnes

</p>

Shaun Williams</p>

Name the specific trickplay that Ron Dixon caught on the last play of the game vs Eagles [playoffs?]during the Fassel years. He almost scored , just came up short I almost positive it was Dixon but doing from memory</p>
Lambouth (sp) special Dixon was fast

YATittle1962
04-20-2009, 03:42 PM

who was he?

Sam Garnes

</p>

Shaun Williams</p>

Name the specific trickplay that Ron Dixon caught on the last play of the game vs Eagles [playoffs?]during the Fassel years. He almost scored , just came up short I almost positive it was Dixon but doing from memory</p>

was that the play where they kept lateraling and got very close to scoring vs. the Eagles?

jints10
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM

who was he?

Sam Garnes

</p>

Shaun Williams</p>

was that the play where they kept lateraling and got very close to scoring vs. the Eagles?

Thats the one its generally called the hook and ladder.

Roswell777
04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
</p>

One has got to be the Hammer... Hamilton. The other has to be Strahan or Howard.</p>

I thought Hammer was a real good player but he would drive me nuts with those roughing the passer penalties when it was third and a mile. And it just seemed like that would continue a drive that would lead to a game changing score. Was it just me or did that happen at least 25 times?

YATittle1962
04-20-2009, 08:00 PM
</p>

One has got to be the Hammer... Hamilton. The other has to be Strahan or Howard.</p>

I thought Hammer was a real good player but he would drive me nuts with those roughing the passer penalties when it was third and a mile. And it just seemed like that would continue a drive that would lead to a game changing score. Was it just me or did that happen at least 25 times?

he did

I remember a game I was at.........probably around 98 against Atlanta...
14-13 Atlanta in the 3rd and he pulled one of those on 3rd and long.
knocked Chandler into a backwards somersault and the laundry came out.....

it was so blatant that it stuck with me all this time......
they scored on that drive and we ultimately lost the game....
not because of that of course but it didnt help..

what 1st round draft pick in 1983 at FS had 27 int. for 574yds. and 2 TD. in 7 seasons as a Giant?

zimonami
04-20-2009, 11:29 PM
</P>

One has got to be the Hammer... Hamilton. The other has to be Strahan or Howard.</P>

he did

what 1st round draft pick in 1983 at FS had 27 int. for 574yds. and 2 TD. in 7 seasons as a Giant?
</P>

That was Terry Kinard... another favorite. The names just keep flowing and juicing the memories of wonderful Giant players.</P>

Hammer was also a favorite of mine. Honestly, I don't remember him hitting the QB late alot... not that it didn't happen... it's my nature. Itake all the bad memories and wipe them away... seriously.</P>

Talk about really down stuff...Not sure how much I'll be around for awhile. Brought my wife of 41 years to the hospital today. Her cancer metastesized to her brain. I'll know more tomorrow. Even though we don't really know each other, I know the Big Blue family we have here would wish her well. I've always noted that when the chips are down the peoples on here are great. Just say a prayer for Zimmy's wife... Kris... thank you guys, and I'll be back when I can</P>

YATittle1962
04-21-2009, 12:28 AM
</p>

he did

</p>

That was Terry Kinard... another favorite. The names just keep flowing and juicing the memories of wonderful Giant players.</p>

Hammer was also a favorite of mine. Honestly, I don't remember him hitting the QB late alot... not that it didn't happen... it's my nature. Itake all the bad memories and wipe them away... seriously.</p>

Talk about really down stuff...Not sure how much I'll be around for awhile. Brought my wife of 41 years to the hospital today. Her cancer metastesized to her brain. I'll know more tomorrow. Even though we don't really know each other, I know the Big Blue family we have here would wish her well. I've always noted that when the chips are down the peoples on here are great. Just say a prayer for Zimmy's wife... Kris... thank you guys, and I'll be back when I can</p>

Zim
your boys here will hold down the fort till you return......
stay positive my man....
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kris...

jints10
04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
</p>

he did

</p>

That was Terry Kinard... another favorite. The names just keep flowing and juicing the memories of wonderful Giant players.</p>

Hammer was also a favorite of mine. Honestly, I don't remember him hitting the QB late alot... not that it didn't happen... it's my nature. Itake all the bad memories and wipe them away... seriously.</p>

Talk about really down stuff...Not sure how much I'll be around for awhile. Brought my wife of 41 years to the hospital today. Her cancer metastesized to her brain. I'll know more tomorrow. Even though we don't really know each other, I know the Big Blue family we have here would wish her well. I've always noted that when the chips are down the peoples on here are great. Just say a prayer for Zimmy's wife... Kris... thank you guys, and I'll be back when I can</p>

Zim
stay positive my man....

Sorry to hear that Zim. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Roswell777
04-21-2009, 10:14 AM
</p>

he did

</p>

Zim
stay positive my man....

I will also say a prayer for her.

SEC105
04-21-2009, 10:18 AM
</P>

he did

</P>

That was Terry Kinard... another favorite. The names just keep flowing and juicing the memories of wonderful Giant players.</P>

Hammer was also a favorite of mine. Honestly, I don't remember him hitting the QB late alot... not that it didn't happen... it's my nature. Itake all the bad memories and wipe them away... seriously.</P>

Talk about really down stuff...Not sure how much I'll be around for awhile. Brought my wife of 41 years to the hospital today. Her cancer metastesized to her brain. I'll know more tomorrow. Even though we don't really know each other, I know the Big Blue family we have here would wish her well. I've always noted that when the chips are down the peoples on here are great. Just say a prayer for Zimmy's wife... Kris... thank you guys, and I'll be back when I can</P>

Zim
stay positive my man....

</P>

Hang in there Zim and very sorry to hear that. Prayers goout to your wife Kris, your family and you. Just try to keep it positive as best you can , I know that's very difficult at this time. We got your back good buddy. Like Y A said , we will hold the fort down for you. Get back to us when you can and THANK YOU for bringing back such great Giant memories SEC105</P>

YATittle1962
04-21-2009, 12:04 PM
In the 1976 draft Harry Carson was picked in the 4th round......
what linebacker was picked in the 6th round?

he wasnt around long but a hell of a player while he was...

hang in there Zim

jints10
04-21-2009, 01:26 PM

hang in there Zim

That would be Dan Loyd, he made the int vs Danny White of the Cowboys to propel the Giants to their first ever playoff appearance in my lifetime in 1981. The PA played "What a Day for a Daydream" and everybody sang and whistled along.

On August 12, 1950 the Giants played their first ever preseason game. The Giants won 20-6. Who did the Giants play?

YATittle1962
04-21-2009, 01:37 PM

hang in there Zim

That would be Dan Loyd, he made the int vs Danny White of the Cowboys to propel the Giants to their first ever playoff appearance in my lifetime in 1981. The PA played "What a Day for a Daydream" and everybody sang and whistled along.

On August 12, 1950 the Giants played their first ever preseason game. The Giants won 20-6. Who did the Giants play?

wow... great question...and I am excited to say I know this......

it was played in Ottawa and they beat the Roughriders.........
wow all that reading really does pay off....hahaha

the Giants were also involved in the first ever overtime game ...and no Im not talking about "The Greatest Game Ever Played"......
it to was a preseason game...and the Giants also lost this overtime game.....in 1955
who beat the Giants that day in Portland Oregon?

jints10
04-21-2009, 02:07 PM

hang in there Zim

the Giants were also involved in the first ever overtime game ...and no Im not talking about "The Greatest Game Ever Played"......
it to was a preseason game...and the Giants also lost this overtime game.....in 1955

Had to look it up LA Rams funny thing it was played in front of 22,222 fans. I thought that was a strange.
The Super Bowl Champion 2007 team recorded 321 first downs, fourth highest total in franchise history. Which Giants team had the most first downs?

YATittle1962
04-21-2009, 02:19 PM

hang in there Zim

Had to look it up LA Rams funny thing it was played in front of 22,222 fans. I thought that was a strange.
The Super Bowl Champion 2007 team recorded 321 first downs, fourth highest total in franchise history. Which Giants team had the most first downs?

did a little research.....came up with.....

1985 - 356.......is that the most?

I also found that in 1982 the team had 153 first downs.....pretty pathetic ........

who scored the first touchdown in Giants stadium?

jints10
04-21-2009, 02:25 PM

hang in there Zim

I also found that in 1982 the team had 153 first downs.....pretty pathetic ........

Yep 1985 it was

Robert Newhouse................The first Giant was Jimmy Robinson

SEC105
04-21-2009, 02:31 PM

hang in there Zim

Yep 1985 it was

</P>

Robinson spiked the ballso hard what happened?</P>

SEC105
04-21-2009, 04:23 PM

hang in there Zim

Yep 1985 it was

</P>

Robinson spiked the ballso hard what happened?</P>

</P>

Hint , think crossbar</P>

and just one more ...................how long in the year 2004 [draft]was Eli a member of the San Diego Chargers in minutes? Exactly[;)]</P>

Roswell777
04-21-2009, 09:21 PM

hang in there Zim

I thought Byron Hunt made that interception. I could be wrong but I'm not sure Lloyd was on that team.

YATittle1962
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
did the ball bounce over the goal post...?....dont remember.......

Eli must have been a Charger for at least 60 min.....???

what Giants have the highest single season field goal percentage?

YATittle1962
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM

hang in there Zim

I thought Byron Hunt made that interception. I could be wrong but I'm not sure Lloyd was on that team.

Dan Lloyd left the team in 79 when he was diagnosed with cancer....

it was Byron Hunt who picked that ball off

jints10
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM

hang in there Zim

Dan Lloyd left the team in 79 when he was diagnosed with cancer....

it was Byron Hunt who picked that ball off

Yea you guys are right a complete brain fart on my part, man I had a tough day all around.

zimonami
04-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey Guys. Many thanks for your warm best wishes.</P>

MRI today. There are 6-7 tumors, spread around, so it's inoperable. One is 2". Tomorrow they'll start a radiation program to reduce the size and the pressure. It should bring her back to where she can speak and understand. She's in a bad way mentally, so I need to be strong and positive for her. That's my nature, as I wrote here the other day, I forget the bad things and (like Hammer's late hits.) will look ahead. Yesterday, when we found out, was my bad day. I'll move forward and I'll remember the best wishes of you guys... thank you.</P>

I'll be around... more so when I get her out of the hospital. Have a good time, and I don't remember the Robinson spike either... must have gone over the goal post... so does that count for a TD and Robinson makes good on the Extra Point too?</P>

YATittle1962
04-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Hey Guys. Many thanks for your warm best wishes.</p>

MRI today. There are 6-7 tumors, spread around, so it's inoperable. One is 2". Tomorrow they'll start a radiation program to reduce the size and the pressure. It should bring her back to where she can speak and understand. She's in a bad way mentally, so I need to be strong and positive for her. That's my nature, as I wrote here the other day, I forget the bad things and (like Hammer's late hits.) will look ahead. Yesterday, when we found out, was my bad day. I'll move forward and I'll remember the best wishes of you guys... thank you.</p>

I'll be around... more so when I get her out of the hospital. Have a good time, and I don't remember the Robinson spike either... must have gone over the goal post... so does that count for a TD and Robinson makes good on the Extra Point too?</p>
Zim my man...
be strong brother.....
we are all in your corner...
you were on my mind all day.......was hoping you would make an appearance in the thread.

who was the running back that spent only 1967 with the Giants and wore #38?

hang in there Zim

gegenytibor
04-22-2009, 02:24 AM
<div>
<div class="comment-content">

hi all!</p>

I'm from Hungary, from Europe. I'm going to on summer in New York,
and I would like to visit the Giants Stadium. Can somebody help me? Is
there some guided stadium tour? When? How often? How much is it?
Unfortunately, when I will be there, there will not be a match...
But I would like to check the Stadium.
And, how can I go to the stadium? Is it difficult from Manhattan? Pleas help me!</p></div></div>

BJacobs27
04-22-2009, 02:41 AM

MRI today.* There are 6-7 tumors, spread around, so it's inoperable. One is 2". Tomorrow they'll start a radiation program to reduce the size and the pressure.* It should bring her back to where she can speak and understand.* She's in a bad way mentally, so I need to be strong and positive for her.* That's my nature, as I wrote here the other day, I forget the bad things and (like Hammer's late hits.) will look ahead.* Yesterday, when we found out, was my bad day. I'll move forward and I'll remember the best wishes of you guys... thank you.</P>

I'll be around... more so when I get her out of the hospital. Have a good time, and I don't remember the Robinson spike either... must have gone over the goal post... so does that count for a TD and Robinson makes good on the Extra Point too?</P>

You're in my prayers, be strong.

napier23
04-22-2009, 02:43 AM
<DIV>
<DIV class=comment-content>

hi all!</P>

I'm from Hungary, from Europe. I'm going to on summer in New York, and I would like to visit the Giants Stadium. Can somebody help me? Is there some guided stadium tour? When? How often? How much is it? Unfortunately, when I will be there, there will not be a match...
But I would like to check the Stadium.
And, how can I go to the stadium? Is it difficult from Manhattan? Pleas help me!</P></DIV></DIV>

</P>

Its a shame you wont be there for their draft day party, I hear they give out a tour of the stadium and the locker room. Not sure when else you can do this, wish I could help. Next yr they will have a train going to the stadium, but for now its about a 10-15 minute drive from the city. Once you get out of the city traffic its just a few exits down the NJ turnpike, exit 16, closer than Yankees stadium. Check ticketmaster, their may be no games, but you might be able to go to a concert or something to check it out.. .</P>

napier23
04-22-2009, 02:47 AM

MRI today. There are 6-7 tumors, spread around, so it's inoperable. One is 2". Tomorrow they'll start a radiation program to reduce the size and the pressure. It should bring her back to where she can speak and understand. She's in a bad way mentally, so I need to be strong and positive for her. That's my nature, as I wrote here the other day, I forget the bad things and (like Hammer's late hits.) will look ahead. Yesterday, when we found out, was my bad day. I'll move forward and I'll remember the best wishes of you guys... thank you.</P>

You're in my prayers, be strong.</P>

Mine also, God Bless!</P>

SEC105
04-22-2009, 09:40 AM

</P>

We are all praying for you Z As mentioned yesterday stay as positive as possible and we got your back</P>

Robinsons spike did go right through the goal posts , I'll have to check to see if he got credit for the extra point[:D]</P>

SEC105
04-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Was the running back who spent one season and wore 38 Danny Lewis?</P>

It's narrowing down on the time Eli spent as a San Diego Charger , it was less than 60 minutes but there is an exact number of minutes. Any takers?</P>

patsrule666
04-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Heres one for you guys..</P>

Lately, i have been picking up older Giants football cards..very cheap around here..</P>

I am holding this one right now..Who is he??</P>

Was a member of Baby Bulls...</P>

Was your punter in 67,68, 69....</P>

Appears this fella also ran the ball a few times, and caught a few passes...</P>

Says he was a dangerous threat with the option pass....</P>

the only baby bull I know of that punted was Ernie Koy
Sorry i didnt get back to you sooner, just got back from AZ.</P>

Very, very impressive YA.. If you really remember all this stuff, i am amazed...</P>

yo-ho
04-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Who was the defensive back that wore Homer Jones'number 45 after he left?

YATittle1962
04-22-2009, 11:43 AM

I know Pete "the Greek" Athas wore 45...not sure if there was anyone that wore 45 in 1970 which was
the only year between Homer and Pete....

.....wasnt Danny Lewis who wore #38 in '67....I think he was only a Giant for the '66 season.......anyone else????

...I am curious now as to how many minutes Eli was a Charger.....someone get the answer...hahaha

hang in there Zim

yo-ho
04-22-2009, 11:58 AM

I know Pete "the Greek" Athas wore 45...not sure if there was anyone that wore 45 in 1970 which was

.....wasnt Danny Lewis who wore #38 in '67....I think he was only a Giant for the '66 season.......anyone else????

...I am curious now as to how many minutes Eli was a Charger.....someone get the answer...hahaha

hang in there Zim
</P>

That's right it was Pete Athas. I liked him a lot. Played a few years as I remember, I wonder if an injury shortened his career?</P>

YATittle1962
04-22-2009, 12:18 PM

hang in there Zim
</p>

That's right it was Pete Athas. I liked him a lot. Played a few years as I remember, I wonder if an injury shortened his career?</p>

Pete was already 25 when he came to the Giants.
he went on to play for the Vikes, Browns, and Saints briefly.

I think he just got fazed out by younger players....

I really liked him as well....I think he was at his best in '73

SEC105
04-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Steve Bowman , I think only played 1 year , pretty sure he was no. 38</P>

It was more than one half hour and less than one hour Eli spent as a Charger </P>

we are getting closer LOL</P>

The date [?]of our first ever regular season trip down to Miami to play the Dolphins and there was something significant about the winregarding the NFC please state what it was</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Steve Bowman , I think only played 1 year , pretty sure he was no. 38</p>

It was more than one half hour and less than one hour Eli spent as a Charger </p>

we are getting closer LOL</p>

The date [?]of our first ever regular season trip down to Miami to play the Dolphins and there was something significant about the winregarding the NFC please state what it was</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Z</p>

wasnt Bowman either.......he was 66

first time we went down to Miami was 93 I think......

not sure of the significance ......did that game gaurantee a playoff spot?

hang in there Zim

SEC105
04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Steve Bowman , I think only played 1 year , pretty sure he was no. 38</P>

It was more than one half hour and less than one hour Eli spent as a Charger </P>

we are getting closer LOL</P>

The date [?]of our first ever regular season trip down to Miami to play the Dolphins and there was something significant about the winregarding the NFC please state what it was</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

hang in there Zim
</P>

I'm gonna get this YA LOL Next up is John Fuqua but I'm pretty sure he was later than 1967</P>

Be patient</P>

First game in Miami was 93 and we won which repesented the first time an NFC had beat them down in Miami</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Steve Bowman , I think only played 1 year , pretty sure he was no. 38</p>

It was more than one half hour and less than one hour Eli spent as a Charger </p>

we are getting closer LOL</p>

The date [?]of our first ever regular season trip down to Miami to play the Dolphins and there was something significant about the winregarding the NFC please state what it was</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Z</p>

hang in there Zim
</p>

I'm gonna get this YA LOL Next up is John Fuqua but I'm pretty sure he was later than 1967</p>

Be patient</p>

First game in Miami was 93 and we won which repesented the first time an NFC had beat them down in Miami</p>

Z</p>
oh nice.....I always wondered why it took so long for us to get down there.....I needed a reason to go to Miami....hahaha

nope not Fuqua......keep tryin.....

hang in there Zim

Roswell777
04-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey Guys. Many thanks for your warm best wishes.</p>

MRI today. There are 6-7 tumors, spread around, so it's inoperable. One is 2". Tomorrow they'll start a radiation program to reduce the size and the pressure. It should bring her back to where she can speak and understand. She's in a bad way mentally, so I need to be strong and positive for her. That's my nature, as I wrote here the other day, I forget the bad things and (like Hammer's late hits.) will look ahead. Yesterday, when we found out, was my bad day. I'll move forward and I'll remember the best wishes of you guys... thank you.</p>

I'll be around... more so when I get her out of the hospital. Have a good time, and I don't remember the Robinson spike either... must have gone over the goal post... so does that count for a TD and Robinson makes good on the Extra Point too?</p>

</p>

We are all praying for you Z As mentioned yesterday stay as positive as possible and we got your back</p>

Robinsons spike did go right through the goal posts , I'll have to check to see if he got credit for the extra point[:D]</p>

Every day we are reminded how precious every day is. Your positive attitude is a testimony to who you are. All we really have is family, friends and faith. Stay strong for your wife and we will pray for your family.

YATittle1962
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
<font size="2"><font face="Verdana" size="1">What QB - HB tandem spent 9 years together in a western city only to meet up 3 years later in NY and play in a Championship game together?

......the RB who wore #38 for 1967 only is still out there as well........

hang in there Zim</font>
</font>

SEC105
04-23-2009, 03:22 PM
<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana size=1>What QB - HB tandem spent 9 years together in a western city only to meet up 3 years later in NY and play in a Championship game together?

hang in there Zim</FONT>
</FONT></P>

I knew Frency Fuqua was a shot in the dark #38 NYG 1967 Bill Tripplett</P>

Sounds like YA and Hugh McCelhenny [sp]</P>

Name the 5 offensive starting lineman for the 86 super bowl year? T G C G T</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
<font size="2"><font face="Verdana" size="1">What QB - HB tandem spent 9 years together in a western city only to meet up 3 years later in NY and play in a Championship game together?

hang in there Zim</font>
</font></p>

I knew Frency Fuqua was a shot in the dark #38 NYG 1967 Bill Tripplett</p>

Sounds like YA and Hugh McCelhenny [sp]</p>

Name the 5 offensive starting lineman for the 86 super bowl year? T G C G T</p>

ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!!!!

yup its Triplett....

Benson, Ard, Oates, Godfrey, Nelson

...starting secondary for that same season?????

hang in there Zim

BigBlue1971
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana size=1>What QB - HB tandem spent 9 years together in a western city only to meet up 3 years later in NY and play in a Championship game together?

hang in there Zim</FONT>
</FONT></P>

yup its Triplett....

hang in there Zim
</P>

</P>

very good YA. u beat me to it cuz i forgot to include ard! lol</P>

SEC105
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM

hang in there Zim</FONT>
</FONT></P>

yup its Triplett....

hang in there Zim
</P>

</P>

</P>

Correct on the lineman for 86 Mark Collins , Terry Kinard , Kenny Hill , Perry Williams , Herb Welch off the top of my head</P>

Who scored the first touchdown for us in the Jan 87 playoff game against the Redskins Giants 17 Washington 0</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-23-2009, 08:53 PM

hang in there Zim</font>
</font></p>

yup its Triplett....

hang in there Zim
</p>

</p>

very good YA. u beat me to it cuz i forgot to include ard! lol</p>

</p>

Correct on the lineman for 86 Mark Collins , Terry Kinard , Kenny Hill , Perry Williams , Herb Welch off the top of my head</p>

Who scored the first touchdown for us in the Jan 87 playoff game against the Redskins Giants 17 Washington 0</p>

Z</p>

nice call on the D secondary.......

I didnt think there were many people that memorized all this junk like I did.......
I think I have found them....hahahaha

as for the playoff touchdown I remember #86 catching a short pass from Phil Simms which would be
Lionel Manuel.......if that was indeed the first score......

who scored the second and last TD for the Giants in the same game?

hang in there Zim

zimonami
04-23-2009, 11:27 PM
I come home from 12 hours at the hospital and you guys give me a smile with your best wishes.Many thanks. </P>

Neurosurgeons decided to remove the 2" tumor, and then use radiation to reduce the remaining 5-6 smaller tumors spread around the brain. Surgery is Saturday morning and I'll be in ICU until late Saturday night and in to Sunday. Saw a slight improvement in her ability to speak today, so the meds must be working on reducing the pressure to her speech center</P>

I'm sure they won't have the draft on any TVs in the ICU, and that is too bad... would be nice to take my mind to a friendlier place. But, the draft is a pee hole in the snow compared to real life. I'll catch up with our selections when time allows. You guys enjoy it... I expect it to be quite eventful for us. Let's hope that the general consensus is that JR did a good job for us.</P>

I know you guys will keep Kris in your thoughts, and for that you all have my heartfelt appreciation.</P>

I'm doing better... I always thought that big mother had to be surgically removed, as opposed to relying on just radiation. Kris is not a strong person when it comes to this kind of thing, but I'm remaining strong for her. Just an aside on her guts... when we were first married and lived in the city, she literally saved my bacon at a bar in Inwood... Gary Owens, when a big guy pulled a knife on me. (I was asking him to leave my sister-in-law alone... he was hassling her) I was 6'2 and about 190. He was about 6'5 and 300. When Kris saw what he was doing she literally ran at him, climbed up his chest, put her face an inch from his, and put a choke hold on him, saying, with intense venom, "Who the F do you think you are?" She is 5'5", 125. He was startled, looked at her, and growled, "Climb off of me, little girl, or you'll get some of this too." She answered, "Oh, yeah, asphole? Well, you just look around and tell me what you see." It was only at that moment that I noticed what was happening. This is a bar that Kris frequented from the time that she was 16 (legal drinking age 18 then... girls 16 were always welcome...lol). She was the Inwood girl, I was the hick from Nassau County and didn't know a lot of her friends. Anyways, there were 30-35 guys in a circle around us, and closing in, and they were all just waiting for the guy to touch Kris, and they would have ripped him apart. He looked around and turned white. Profuse apologies. Asked her please to climb off of his chest, and lifted her like she was a feather and gently put her down. He bought us drinks for the rest of the night and turned out to be a pretty good guy.</P>

So, that's my tough city girl, and now she's scared to death. She was never afraid to face off another human, but is, naturally, afraid of this kind of death. 42 years together and she still owns my heart.</P>

YATittle1962
04-23-2009, 11:41 PM
I come home from 12 hours at the hospital and you guys give me a smile with your best wishes.Many thanks. </p>

Neurosurgeons decided to remove the 2" tumor, and then use radiation to reduce the remaining 5-6 smaller tumors spread around the brain. Surgery is Saturday morning and I'll be in ICU until late Saturday night and in to Sunday. Saw a slight improvement in her ability to speak today, so the meds must be working on reducing the pressure to her speech center</p>

I'm sure they won't have the draft on any TVs in the ICU, and that is too bad... would be nice to take my mind to a friendlier place. But, the draft is a pee hole in the snow compared to real life. I'll catch up with our selections when time allows. You guys enjoy it... I expect it to be quite eventful for us. Let's hope that the general consensus is that JR did a good job for us.</p>

I know you guys will keep Kris in your thoughts, and for that you all have my heartfelt appreciation.</p>

I'm doing better... I always thought that big mother had to be surgically removed, as opposed to relying on just radiation. Kris is not a strong person when it comes to this kind of thing, but I'm remaining strong for her. Just an aside on her guts... when we were first married and lived in the city, she literally saved my bacon at a bar in Inwood... Gary Owens, when a big guy pulled a knife on me. (I was asking him to leave my sister-in-law alone... he was hassling her) I was 6'2 and about 190. He was about 6'5 and 300. When Kris saw what he was doing she literally ran at him, climbed up his chest, put her face an inch from his, and put a choke hold on him, saying, with intense venom, "Who the F do you think you are?" She is 5'5", 125. He was startled, looked at her, and growled, "Climb off of me, little girl, or you'll get some of this too." She answered, "Oh, yeah, asphole? Well, you just look around and tell me what you see." It was only at that moment that I noticed what was happening. This is a bar that Kris frequented from the time that she was 16 (legal drinking age 18 then... girls 16 were always welcome...lol). She was the Inwood girl, I was the hick from Nassau County and didn't know a lot of her friends. Anyways, there were 30-35 guys in a circle around us, and closing in, and they were all just waiting for the guy to touch Kris, and they would have ripped him apart. He looked around and turned white. Profuse apologies. Asked her please to climb off of his chest, and lifted her like she was a feather and gently put her down. He bought us drinks for the rest of the night and turned out to be a pretty good guy.</p>

So, that's my tough city girl, and now she's scared to death. She was never afraid to face off another human, but is, naturally, afraid of this kind of death. 42 years together and she still owns my heart.</p>

I feel like a just watched a great scene from a classic movie after reading that........

you be that rock she needs right now......

thinking of you guys everyday.
..prayers for Kris

hang in there Zim

YATittle1962
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
who wore #72 for four years in the late 90s.?

Z

jints10
04-24-2009, 06:41 AM

Z

I may be wrong but for some reason I'm thinkin Doug Riesenburg

Zim I have been thinking about you all week, Like YA said you be that "Rock" and always remember God only tests those that can handle it.

jints10
04-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Who led the Giants in rushing in 1971?

BigBlue1971
04-24-2009, 08:33 AM
</P>

</P>

i seem to remember ron johnson being a beast back in the day. i'll say him!</P>

jints10
04-24-2009, 09:15 AM
</p>

</p>

i seem to remember ron johnson being a beast back in the day. i'll say him!</p>
Ron Johnson was very good but he did not lead the Giants in rushing in 1971

Roswell777
04-24-2009, 09:41 AM
<font size="2"><font size="1" face="Verdana">What QB - HB tandem spent 9 years together in a western city only to meet up 3 years later in NY and play in a Championship game together?

hang in there Zim</font>
</font></p>

yup its Triplett....

hang in there Zim
</p>

</p>

very good YA. u beat me to it cuz i forgot to include ard! lol</p>

</p>

Correct on the lineman for 86 Mark Collins , Terry Kinard , Kenny Hill , Perry Williams , Herb Welch off the top of my head</p>

Who scored the first touchdown for us in the Jan 87 playoff game against the Redskins Giants 17 Washington 0</p>

Z</p>

</p>

</p>

Hey you guys forgot someone from the secondary that supposedly got into a fight with Herb Welch in the locker room during the playoffs. He was nicknamed after a breakfast food.

Roswell777
04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
I come home from 12 hours at the hospital and you guys give me a smile with your best wishes.Many thanks. </p>

Neurosurgeons decided to remove the 2" tumor, and then use radiation to reduce the remaining 5-6 smaller tumors spread around the brain. Surgery is Saturday morning and I'll be in ICU until late Saturday night and in to Sunday. Saw a slight improvement in her ability to speak today, so the meds must be working on reducing the pressure to her speech center</p>

I'm sure they won't have the draft on any TVs in the ICU, and that is too bad... would be nice to take my mind to a friendlier place. But, the draft is a pee hole in the snow compared to real life. I'll catch up with our selections when time allows. You guys enjoy it... I expect it to be quite eventful for us. Let's hope that the general consensus is that JR did a good job for us.</p>

I know you guys will keep Kris in your thoughts, and for that you all have my heartfelt appreciation.</p>

I'm doing better... I always thought that big mother had to be surgically removed, as opposed to relying on just radiation. Kris is not a strong person when it comes to this kind of thing, but I'm remaining strong for her. Just an aside on her guts... when we were first married and lived in the city, she literally saved my bacon at a bar in Inwood... Gary Owens, when a big guy pulled a knife on me. (I was asking him to leave my sister-in-law alone... he was hassling her) I was 6'2 and about 190. He was about 6'5 and 300. When Kris saw what he was doing she literally ran at him, climbed up his chest, put her face an inch from his, and put a choke hold on him, saying, with intense venom, "Who the F do you think you are?" She is 5'5", 125. He was startled, looked at her, and growled, "Climb off of me, little girl, or you'll get some of this too." She answered, "Oh, yeah, asphole? Well, you just look around and tell me what you see." It was only at that moment that I noticed what was happening. This is a bar that Kris frequented from the time that she was 16 (legal drinking age 18 then... girls 16 were always welcome...lol). She was the Inwood girl, I was the hick from Nassau County and didn't know a lot of her friends. Anyways, there were 30-35 guys in a circle around us, and closing in, and they were all just waiting for the guy to touch Kris, and they would have ripped him apart. He looked around and turned white. Profuse apologies. Asked her please to climb off of his chest, and lifted her like she was a feather and gently put her down. He bought us drinks for the rest of the night and turned out to be a pretty good guy.</p>

So, that's my tough city girl, and now she's scared to death. She was never afraid to face off another human, but is, naturally, afraid of this kind of death. 42 years together and she still owns my heart.</p>

I feel like a just watched a great scene from a classic movie after reading that........

you be that rock she needs right now......

thinking of you guys everyday.
..prayers for Kris

hang in there Zim

Great story. Sometimes you just have to think about how lucky you are to spend 42 years with someone like that. Some people don't get 42 minutes of that kind of relationship with a great gal.

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 11:30 AM

Pretty sure it was Bobby Duhan in that pathetic year for rushing......
Tarkenton was throwing the ball all over the place.....

wasnt Doug Riesenburg who wore # 72.........you guys know this...[;)]
..so that is still out there....

Z

jints10
04-24-2009, 12:44 PM

Z

Bobby Duhan it was with only 344 yards

jints10
04-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Z

was it Scott Gragg ?

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 01:48 PM

Z

was it Scott Gragg ?

wasnt Gragg Im pretty sure he was #74
hint......he was tackle opposite Gragg.....

SEC105
04-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I come home from 12 hours at the hospital and you guys give me a smile with your best wishes.Many thanks. </P>

Neurosurgeons decided to remove the 2" tumor, and then use radiation to reduce the remaining 5-6 smaller tumors spread around the brain. Surgery is Saturday morning and I'll be in ICU until late Saturday night and in to Sunday. Saw a slight improvement in her ability to speak today, so the meds must be working on reducing the pressure to her speech center</P>

I'm sure they won't have the draft on any TVs in the ICU, and that is too bad... would be nice to take my mind to a friendlier place. But, the draft is a pee hole in the snow compared to real life. I'll catch up with our selections when time allows. You guys enjoy it... I expect it to be quite eventful for us. Let's hope that the general consensus is that JR did a good job for us.</P>

I know you guys will keep Kris in your thoughts, and for that you all have my heartfelt appreciation.</P>

I'm doing better... I always thought that big mother had to be surgically removed, as opposed to relying on just radiation. Kris is not a strong person when it comes to this kind of thing, but I'm remaining strong for her. Just an aside on her guts... when we were first married and lived in the city, she literally saved my bacon at a bar in Inwood... Gary Owens, when a big guy pulled a knife on me. (I was asking him to leave my sister-in-law alone... he was hassling her) I was 6'2 and about 190. He was about 6'5 and 300. When Kris saw what he was doing she literally ran at him, climbed up his chest, put her face an inch from his, and put a choke hold on him, saying, with intense venom, "Who the F do you think you are?" She is 5'5", 125. He was startled, looked at her, and growled, "Climb off of me, little girl, or you'll get some of this too." She answered, "Oh, yeah, asphole? Well, you just look around and tell me what you see." It was only at that moment that I noticed what was happening. This is a bar that Kris frequented from the time that she was 16 (legal drinking age 18 then... girls 16 were always welcome...lol). She was the Inwood girl, I was the hick from Nassau County and didn't know a lot of her friends. Anyways, there were 30-35 guys in a circle around us, and closing in, and they were all just waiting for the guy to touch Kris, and they would have ripped him apart. He looked around and turned white. Profuse apologies. Asked her please to climb off of his chest, and lifted her like she was a feather and gently put her down. He bought us drinks for the rest of the night and turned out to be a pretty good guy.</P>

So, that's my tough city girl, and now she's scared to death. She was never afraid to face off another human, but is, naturally, afraid of this kind of death. 42 years together and she still owns my heart.</P>

</P>

Stay strong for Kris Z . Been through some tough stuff in my day but not involving my wife. Can only imagine what you are going through. Praying and hoping for you guys</P>

SEC105
04-24-2009, 02:25 PM

hang in there Zim</FONT>
</FONT></P>

yup its Triplett....

hang in there Zim
</P>

</P>

</P>

Correct on the lineman for 86 Mark Collins , Terry Kinard , Kenny Hill , Perry Williams , Herb Welch off the top of my head</P>

Who scored the first touchdown for us in the Jan 87 playoff game against the Redskins Giants 17 Washington 0</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Hey you guys forgot someone from the secondary that supposedly got into a fight with Herb Welch in the locker room during the playoffs. He was nicknamed after a breakfast food.

</P>

Burned myself on that one[;)] Elvis Patterson A/K/A "TOAST"</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
04-24-2009, 02:29 PM

Z
</P>

Roman Oben </P>

In the 90 SB game against Buffalo , The Bills came out right away with the 2 minute offense. We countered with only 2 down lineman to start the game Who were they?</P>

Z</P>

BlueBlitzer
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
<FONT size=4>Howard, Marshall ?</FONT>

SEC105
04-24-2009, 02:42 PM
<FONT size=4>Howard, Marshall ?</FONT></P>

That is correct nice BB</P>

Same game Matt Bahr kicked off to open the game Who returned itfor Buffalo?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 02:46 PM
<font size="4">Howard, Marshall ?</font></p>

That is correct nice BB</p>

Same game Matt Bahr kicked off to open the game Who returned itfor Buffalo?</p>

shot in the dark here........Don Smith....or maybe Edwards cant remember his first name...

SEC105
04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
<FONT size=4>Howard, Marshall ?</FONT></P>

That is correct nice BB</P>

Same game Matt Bahr kicked off to open the game Who returned itfor Buffalo?</P>

shot in the dark here........Don Smith....or maybe Edwards cant remember his first name...
</P>

It was Donnie Smith Nice I watched a replay of the game so I'm on 90 SB kick here</P>

What Bills player called the coin toss? It was'nt Kelly</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 02:53 PM
that coin toss question is tough.......

Thomas maybe...or Reed???

in 1977 a certain long time Giant player who was going to be traded decreased his own trade value by going public with his desire to be traded......

the Giants ended up getting a 5th round pick for him when the original deal was a 3rd...

who was it?

Z

SEC105
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM

in 1977 a certain long time Giant player who was going to be traded decreased his own trade value by going public with his desire to be traded......

the Giants ended up getting a 5th round pick for him when the original deal was a 3rd...

who was it?

Z
</P>

It was AndreReed who called the coin toss. Good jobY.A.</P>

Was Roman Oben correct ?</P>

1977 was that John Hicks?</P>

Back toSB25</P>

What Bills player tackled Hoss for a safety?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 04:01 PM

who was it?
</p>

</p>

Z
</p>

It was AndreReed who called the coin toss. Good jobY.A.</p>

Was Roman Oben correct ?</p>

1977 was that John Hicks?</p>

Back toSB25</p>

What Bills player tackled Hoss for a safety?</p>

Z</p>

Oben was right ....absolutely.....

wasnt Hicks that fouled up his own trade in 77........try again....

Im pretty sure it was Bruce Smith with the safety right?

Z

SEC105
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Bruce Smith it was</P>

Was it Craig Morton who fouled up his trade in 77</P>

One more SB 21 question. The Giants came out in the second half had the ball for over 9 minutes. This is signifcant how?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Bruce Smith it was</p>

Was it Craig Morton who fouled up his trade in 77</p>

One more SB 21 question. The Giants came out in the second half had the ball for over 9 minutes. This is signifcant how?</p>

Z</p>

wasnt Morton.......
hint...he was traded to the Vikings

was that the longest drive in Superbowl history at that point?

Z

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Bruce Smith it was</p>

Was it Craig Morton who fouled up his trade in 77</p>

One more SB 21 question. The Giants came out in the second half had the ball for over 9 minutes. This is signifcant how?</p>

Z</p>

wasnt Morton.......
hint...he was traded to the Vikings

was that the longest drive in Superbowl history at that point?

Z

wheres my team at!!!!!! [:P]

zimonami
04-24-2009, 11:03 PM

who was it?

Z
</P>

Hi, Guys. 7:30 AM surgery. Nothing new to report. I'll let you know tomorrow night how things went. EnjoyDraft day.</P>

I missed some great questions here. One I think I know...He was a fav of mine... Bob Tucker, a great Giant, that wanted out and went to the Vikings</P>

YATittle1962
04-24-2009, 11:13 PM

who was it?

Z
</p>

Hi, Guys. 7:30 AM surgery. Nothing new to report. I'll let you know tomorrow night how things went. EnjoyDraft day.</p>

I missed some great questions here. One I think I know...He was a fav of mine... Bob Tucker, a great Giant, that wanted out and went to the Vikings</p>

nice call Zim...
it was Tucker who loused up his own trade.....

who was the D coordinator in 1978?

Z

jints10
04-25-2009, 08:38 AM

who was it?

Z
</p>

Hi, Guys. 7:30 AM surgery. Nothing new to report. I'll let you know tomorrow night how things went. EnjoyDraft day.</p>

I missed some great questions here. One I think I know...He was a fav of mine... Bob Tucker, a great Giant, that wanted out and went to the Vikings</p>

nice call Zim...

Z

was the D coordinator Joe Galat

YATittle1962
04-25-2009, 09:22 AM

who was it?

Z
</p>

nice call Zim...

Z

no.....this guy was an ex Giant......and everyone was surprised that he ran the 3-4 defense.....

jints10
04-25-2009, 09:34 AM

who was it?</p>

Z
</p>

nice call Zim...

Z

no.....this guy was an ex Giant......and everyone was surprised that he ran the 3-4 defense.....

Ok had to be **** Modzelewski (sp). Man Ive been doing poorly lately.

jints10
04-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Who wore #39 for the Giants in 1982-1983?

YATittle1962
04-25-2009, 03:17 PM
this may be super random...but was that Leon Bright......

shot in the dark....

...ok draft day special question........
.................and it has nothing to do with the draft........

......its 11/19/78.....some of us were sitting in Giants Stadium about to gather our things and sit in the car in traffic and talk about todays tough win............just about 30 sec or so left in a tough fought 17-12 game against the Eagles ....

....a certain tight end runs on the field to tell quarterback Joe Pisarcik a play that we all KNEW would be a kneel down clock killer.......

....it wasnt..................we all know what happened..........

who from upstairs called it to........
who downstairs...... who gave it to ........
who to run it in to Pisarcik ???

3 parter........

Z

jints10
04-25-2009, 03:27 PM
no bro yr on the ball......
some of that stuff was super random......

......its 11/19/78.....some of us were sitting in Giants Stadium about to gather our things and sit in the car in traffic and talk about todays tough win............just about 30 sec or so left in a tough fought 17-12 game against the Eagles ....

....a certain tight end runs on the field to tell quarterback Joe Pisarcik a play that we all KNEW would be a kneel down clock killer.......

3 parter........

Z

I'll take a stab
Lindy Infante called it
John Mcvay relayed it
Gary Shirk delivered it

jints10
04-25-2009, 03:28 PM

This one is draft related sort of

YATittle1962
04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
no bro yr on the ball......
some of that stuff was super random......

3 parter........

Z

I'll take a stab
Lindy Infante called it
John Mcvay relayed it
Gary Shirk delivered it

Infante is half right ...he relayed it.....

SEC105
04-25-2009, 03:38 PM

shot in the dark....

3 parter........

Z

</P>

Bob Gibson called it in the booth I believe</P>

On the sideline Lindy Infante </P>

relayed itto TE Al Dixon thats the way I remembered it.The awful set of circumstances burned into my memory</P>

In the last regular season game of the 86 season we played the Packers and this player [recently picked up ] blocked a Green Bay punt caught in mid air and ran it in for Giant TD</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
04-25-2009, 03:40 PM

</P>

Butch Wolfolk? He was no. 1 pick right?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM

shot in the dark....

3 parter........

Z

</p>

Bob Gibson called it in the booth I believe</p>

On the sideline Lindy Infante </p>

relayed itto TE Al Dixon thats the way I remembered it.The awful set of circumstances burned into my memory</p>

In the last regular season game of the 86 season we played the Packers and this player [recently picked up ] blocked a Green Bay punt caught in mid air and ran it in for Giant TD</p>

now that was a great call............

nice....

I was at this game and I was freezing.......
that was Tom Flynn....and an awesome play.......Allegre(sp) kicked it.........I think[:P]

jints10
04-25-2009, 03:51 PM

</p>

Butch Wolfolk? He was no. 1 pick right?</p>

Z</p>
Not Wolfolk
He was a special teams player out of Boston College. Was a FA in 1982.

SEC105
04-25-2009, 03:52 PM

shot in the dark....

3 parter........

Z

</P>

Bob Gibson called it in the booth I believe</P>

On the sideline Lindy Infante </P>

relayed itto TE Al Dixon thats the way I remembered it.The awful set of circumstances burned into my memory</P>

In the last regular season game of the 86 season we played the Packers and this player [recently picked up ] blocked a Green Bay punt caught in mid air and ran it in for Giant TD</P>

nice....

that was Tom Flynn....and an awesome play.......Allegre(sp) kicked it.........I think[:P]
</P>

Correct Tom Flynn and Allegre did kick it</P>

Who was the Packer punter?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-25-2009, 04:30 PM

shot in the dark....

3 parter........

Z

</p>

relayed itto TE Al Dixon thats the way I remembered it.The awful set of circumstances burned into my memory</p>

In the last regular season game of the 86 season we played the Packers and this player [recently picked up ] blocked a Green Bay punt caught in mid air and ran it in for Giant TD</p>

nice....

</p>

Correct Tom Flynn and Allegre did kick it</p>

Who was the Packer punter?</p>

Z</p>

i got nothin.......

Z

jints10
04-25-2009, 04:40 PM

shot in the dark....

3 parter........

Z

</p>

nice....

</p>

Correct Tom Flynn and Allegre did kick it</p>

Who was the Packer punter?</p>

Z</p>

i got nothin.......

Z

Its either Don Brackin or Bill Renner, I had to look it up

SEC105
04-25-2009, 04:41 PM

</P>

Butch Wolfolk? He was no. 1 pick right?</P>

Z</P>

Not Wolfolk
</P>

? Chapman don't think he went to BC though</P>

Here go the Jets Sanchez to NY?</P>

jints10
04-25-2009, 04:49 PM

</p>

Z</p>
Not Wolfolk

He is the draft expert on NFL Network.

YATittle1962
04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
who was the Giants top pick bust in 1978?

Z

jints10
04-26-2009, 07:09 AM

</p>

Z</p>
Not Wolfolk

He is the draft expert on NFL Network.

The answer is Mike Mayock

jints10
04-26-2009, 07:19 AM

Z

I guess your thinking about Gordan King, but he did stay with the team for 7 years. Although he didnt start many games.
Odis Mckinney our second round pick that year only played with the Giants for 2 years.

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 02:31 PM

Z

I guess your thinking about Gordan King, but he did stay with the team for 7 years. Although he didnt start many games.
Odis Mckinney our second round pick that year only played with the Giants for 2 years.

you speak the truth.....maybe I was a little hard on ole Gordon....

what big RB/FB out of Washington State was drafted in the 7th round in 1978 and only spent one season as a Giant?

just thought of this kid...
I had to look up all his info ..but I remember thinking this kid would be great for us........

..he was quickly shipped to Seattle.....

jints10
04-26-2009, 02:48 PM

Z

what big RB/FB out of Washington State was drafted in the 7th round in 1978 and only spent one season as a Giant?

I had to look up all his info ..but I remember thinking this kid would be great for us........

Dan Doornick(sp) I thought he was gonna be good especially on goal line. We also got Billy Taylor in that draft, I thought we would be set at RB for years.

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM

Z

Dan Doornick(sp) I thought he was gonna be good especially on goal line. We also got Billy Taylor in that draft, I thought we would be set at RB for years.

you and me both my friend

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
what member of the Giants defense wore #31 from 77-79

NY_Eli
04-26-2009, 10:14 PM
what* member of the Giants defense wore #31 from 77-79

wow that's a tough one

I can tell you who wore it from 07-09

jints10
04-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Just a wild guess Ernie Jones S ?

What year did they go to a 16 game regular season schedule?

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 10:42 PM

nice call on the Ernie Jones......

that was the dreadful 1978 season.....I remember thinking it was a terrible idea......

now I cant imagine it any other way...hahaha

in that same year 1978 ...two receivers led the team with same amount of reception (a whopping 32)

who were they??

Z

jints10
04-26-2009, 10:49 PM

that was the dreadful 1978 season.....I remember thinking it was a terrible idea......

in that same year 1978 ...two receivers led the team with same amount of reception (a whopping 32)

who were they??

Z

Jimmy Robinson and Jonny Perkins, remember Perkins beard?

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 10:54 PM

who were they??

Z

Jimmy Robinson and Jonny Perkins, remember Perkins beard?

he did look quite whooley under that helmet...haha....

he wore that #86 tough though....

I liked Johnny ...he made some good plays on some bad teams.....

zimonami
04-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey guys. The operation went well. The doc says we'll just have to wait until the swelling goes downto see if she will get her speech back. She was much better speaking today than she has been for 2 weeks. There are 4 more large tumors and two small ones. Doc says radiation will reduce them, but they may start up again and he feels she has 6-12 months. Well, all I can do is make her happy and help her to fight it... never give up. She'll be in ICU until Tueaday, and home, hopefully on Saturday.</P>

I did get to see our picks... ICU visiting hours end at 6, so I hustled home a few minutes before our pick. I was a little surprised that Reese never got to pull the trigger on Braylon or Anquan, but whoever we have just has to step up. I like Nicks. Overall I liked our picks. Perhaps 6'6" Ramses Bardon (?, slips my mind right now) can contribute and there's another question mark in big Micah Rucker. Bottom line, we are not going to stop passing. Eli will throw to someone, and someone will step up. The excuses for losing Plax are no longer valid... we just have to get it done. Receptions by committee, or one big guy stepping up, I don't care who or how... let's quit crying and get it done.</P>

I'll be around. I'm sorry I'm missing all these good questions.</P>

Be back atcha.</P>

YATittle1962
04-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey guys. The operation went well. The doc says we'll just have to wait until the swelling goes downto see if she will get her speech back. She was much better speaking today than she has been for 2 weeks. There are 4 more large tumors and two small ones. Doc says radiation will reduce them, but they may start up again and he feels she has 6-12 months. Well, all I can do is make her happy and help her to fight it... never give up. She'll be in ICU until Tueaday, and home, hopefully on Saturday.</p>

I did get to see our picks... ICU visiting hours end at 6, so I hustled home a few minutes before our pick. I was a little surprised that Reese never got to pull the trigger on Braylon or Anquan, but whoever we have just has to step up. I like Nicks. Overall I liked our picks. Perhaps 6'6" Ramses Bardon (?, slips my mind right now) can contribute and there's another question mark in big Micah Rucker. Bottom line, we are not going to stop passing. Eli will throw to someone, and someone will step up. The excuses for losing Plax are no longer valid... we just have to get it done. Receptions by committee, or one big guy stepping up, I don't care who or how... let's quit crying and get it done.</p>

I'll be around. I'm sorry I'm missing all these good questions.</p>

Be back atcha.</p>

hang in there Zimmy.....

when life throws us that breaking ball when we were expecting a fastball right down the pike.....
we gotta just adjust our swing and hit it head on.......

..be strong my man....these situations are never...ever...in any way easy.......
......be that rock for Kris and help her hit that pitch out of the park.........

we are here for you for anything my brother.........right now its all about being positive for Kris and all other family members involved........

glad you got to catch some picks.......I think if some of these kids can learn the playbook and get in game shape as well as get ready for the speed of the NFL we might look pretty darn good this season......Nicks is that guy we needed last year that could handle press coverage........and Barden can be that redzone fade route threat.....

I even think this TE Beckum could really cause some mismatches if him and boss are on the field at the same time........

.....lets try something different..........

ok....every player to wear #72 from 1960 to 2009........

lets see how many we can get.....

YATittle1962
04-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey guys. The operation went well. The doc says we'll just have to wait until the swelling goes downto see if she will get her speech back. She was much better speaking today than she has been for 2 weeks. There are 4 more large tumors and two small ones. Doc says radiation will reduce them, but they may start up again and he feels she has 6-12 months. Well, all I can do is make her happy and help her to fight it... never give up. She'll be in ICU until Tueaday, and home, hopefully on Saturday.</p>

I did get to see our picks... ICU visiting hours end at 6, so I hustled home a few minutes before our pick. I was a little surprised that Reese never got to pull the trigger on Braylon or Anquan, but whoever we have just has to step up. I like Nicks. Overall I liked our picks. Perhaps 6'6" Ramses Bardon (?, slips my mind right now) can contribute and there's another question mark in big Micah Rucker. Bottom line, we are not going to stop passing. Eli will throw to someone, and someone will step up. The excuses for losing Plax are no longer valid... we just have to get it done. Receptions by committee, or one big guy stepping up, I don't care who or how... let's quit crying and get it done.</p>

I'll be around. I'm sorry I'm missing all these good questions.</p>

Be back atcha.</p>

hang in there Zimmy.....

when life throws us that breaking ball when we were expecting a fastball right down the pike.....
we gotta just adjust our swing and hit it head on.......

..be strong my man....these situations are never...ever...in any way easy.......
......be that rock for Kris and help her hit that pitch out of the park.........

we are here for you for anything my brother.........right now its all about being positive for Kris and all other family members involved........

glad you got to catch some picks.......I think if some of these kids can learn the playbook and get in game shape as well as get ready for the speed of the NFL we might look pretty darn good this season......Nicks is that guy we needed last year that could handle press coverage........and Barden can be that redzone fade route threat.....

I even think this TE Beckum could really cause some mismatches if him and boss are on the field at the same time........

.....lets try something different..........

ok....every player to wear #72 from 1960 to 2009........

lets see how many we can get.....

after thinking about it I noticed Im pretty bad at my own question....hahaha

I can only think of 4 maybe 5......

..I need some help

SEC105
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Hey guys. The operation went well. The doc says we'll just have to wait until the swelling goes downto see if she will get her speech back. She was much better speaking today than she has been for 2 weeks. There are 4 more large tumors and two small ones. Doc says radiation will reduce them, but they may start up again and he feels she has 6-12 months. Well, all I can do is make her happy and help her to fight it... never give up. She'll be in ICU until Tueaday, and home, hopefully on Saturday.</P>

I did get to see our picks... ICU visiting hours end at 6, so I hustled home a few minutes before our pick. I was a little surprised that Reese never got to pull the trigger on Braylon or Anquan, but whoever we have just has to step up. I like Nicks. Overall I liked our picks. Perhaps 6'6" Ramses Bardon (?, slips my mind right now) can contribute and there's another question mark in big Micah Rucker. Bottom line, we are not going to stop passing. Eli will throw to someone, and someone will step up. The excuses for losing Plax are no longer valid... we just have to get it done. Receptions by committee, or one big guy stepping up, I don't care who or how... let's quit crying and get it done.</P>

I'll be around. I'm sorry I'm missing all these good questions.</P>

Be back atcha.</P>

</P>

Don't worry about missing any questions Zim.....................theres still plenty more we have not asked</P>

"Never give up" is right The best attitude at times like these Hang in there Buddy</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
04-27-2009, 03:15 PM
The only 72s I can up with right now are Roman Oben and maybe Risenberg</P>

What running back did we pick up in 1984 who became know for his third down conversions . Fan favorite</P>

YATittle1962
04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
The only 72s I can up with right now are Roman Oben and maybe Risenberg</p>

What running back did we pick up in 1984 who became know for his third down conversions . Fan favorite</p>

was it Tony Galbreath?
I think he wore #34 if thats who I am thinkin of.......

SEC105
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
The only 72s I can up with right now are Roman Oben and maybe Risenberg</P>

What running back did we pick up in 1984 who became know for his third down conversions . Fan favorite</P>

was it Tony Galbreath?
</P>

Thats it </P>

Who was the SF QB who replaced Montana in the 49-3 play off demolition of the49ers Jan 1987</P>

jints10
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM

What running back did we pick up in 1984 who became know for his third down conversions . Fan favorite</p>

was it Tony Galbreath?
</p>

Thats it </p>

Who was the SF QB who replaced Montana in the 49-3 play off demolition of the49ers Jan 1987</p>
Jeff Kemp was the back up QB for 9ers

I'll add Gordon King and Osi Umenyora(sp I'll never get this one right) to the #72 list

Roswell777
04-27-2009, 05:54 PM

was it Tony Galbreath?

I think Galbreath was #30. I was mad at the Giants in SB 21 because I wanted Galbreath to get that last touchdown. I felt like he deserved it for his contributions for those few years he was on the Giants.

jints10
04-27-2009, 06:07 PM

was it Tony Galbreath?

I think Galbreath was #30. I was mad at the Giants in SB 21 because I wanted Galbreath to get that last touchdown. I felt like he deserved it for his contributions for those few years he was on the Giants.

Yep Tony G did wear #30

zimonami
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm back. Thank you for the encouragement guys. Still in ICU. Today was a fairly good day. She has zero pain (it's great that the brain doesn't feel pain), but is still stuck on, "I want to go home." Can't be soon enough for me. I'm beat, but determined to help her fight this.</P>

</P>

#72. I know some on this because Aunt Jean got very close with Frank Youso... RT from '58 to '60. She used to take the train to International Falls, MN every couple of years to visit him, and they wrote regularly.I think he's still alive. So, looking to see who had Frank's number has always been a point. I was happy when Osi got it.</P>

After Frank Youso, I remember that Andy Stynchula took the number, and I think Joe Taffoni took it after Andy.</P>