PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

rbcarpenter
05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
my dad found a copy of phil simms book at a library sale for 50cents,and i'm getting ready to start it...<FONT color=#ff0000>is it worth it?lol![:P]</FONT>

SEC105
05-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Where is this game taking place?</P>

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2010-11/57739343.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Busy weekend , did not get a chance to check in and answer....yes Scoops, good job, it's Wrigley Field</P>

Who are the 2 Giants in pic? [:D]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-09-2011, 05:28 PM
my dad found a copy of phil simms book at a library sale for 50cents,and i'm getting ready to start it...<FONT color=#ff0000>is it worth it?lol![:P]</FONT></P>

Great deal RBC...which Simms book is it?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Who are these 2 Giants [besides Roman Oben [;)]] in the photo....and what was this QBs greatest moment as a Giant?</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2007/12/26/alg_graham.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-09-2011, 05:38 PM

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Busy weekend , did not get a chance to check in and answer....yes Scoops, good job, it's Wrigley Field</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison and ? </P>

zimonami
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Who are these 2 Giants [besides Roman Oben [;)]] in the photo....and what was this QBs greatest moment as a Giant?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Kent Graham handing to Gary Brown. Graham's moment in the sun was the TD pass to Amani which beat the undefeated Broncos in our house.</P>

SEC105
05-09-2011, 06:30 PM

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison and ? </P>

</P>

It's Joe ole no. 40 Z......I'll wait a little to see if anybody knows who 63 is....he was long time Giant lineman</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Kent Graham handing to Gary Brown. Graham's moment in the sun was the TD pass to Amani which beat the undefeated Broncos in our house.</P>

</P>

Right on all counts......the highlight of a rather dismal season</P>

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/395161.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921F7 C3FC3F69D929FD0D7D2E5BE88B73C9CE14390ACC15287CF0B3 EF8A2C5C2003</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
05-09-2011, 07:13 PM
my dad found a copy of phil simms book at a library sale for 50cents,and i'm getting ready to start it...<FONT color=#ff0000>is it worth it?lol![:P]</FONT></P>

Great deal RBC...which Simms book is it?</P>

Z</P>sunday morning quarterback...wait a minute...HE HAS MORE THAN ONE?!?[:O]

keyofgmen
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Busy** weekend , did not get a chance to check in and answer....yes Scoops, good job**, it's Wrigley Field</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison and ? </P>

</P>

It's Joe** ole no. 40 Z......I'll wait a little to see if anybody knows who 63 is....he was long time Giant lineman</P>

Z</P>

Would that be Bookie Bolin?

zimonami
05-11-2011, 12:20 AM

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison and ? </P>

</P>

It's Joe ole no. 40 Z......I'll wait a little to see if anybody knows who 63 is....he was long time Giant lineman</P>

Z</P>

Would that be Bookie Bolin?</P>

I think you're right, Key. We need SEC to corroborate</P>

jomo
05-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison and ? </P>

</P>

Z</P>

I think you're right, Key. We need SEC to corroborate</P>..or Darrell Dess.......and Bookie Bolin........a gentler time when alliteration ruled the Giants Oline

zimonami
05-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison and ? </P>

</P>

Z</P>

..or Darrell Dess.......and Bookie Bolin........a gentler time when alliteration ruled the Giants Oline</P>

lol, jomo... I think Darrell was #62, and Bookie was #63</P>

Their coach was Sallie Sherman</P>

ny06
05-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Name the Giant coaches who have won the Coach of the year award?</P>

</P>

gmen46
05-11-2011, 03:28 PM

*</P>

In the Super Bowl (post merger) era--
Parcells in 86
Reeves in 93 (first year as Giants HC)
Fassel in 97 (first year as Giants HC)

ny06
05-11-2011, 03:56 PM

</P>

In the Super Bowl (post merger) era-- Parcells in 86 Reeves in 93 (first year as Giants HC) Fassel in 97 (first year as Giants HC)</P>

Correct, good job</P>

How bout before the merger of the afl/nfl?</P>

SEC105
05-11-2011, 04:15 PM

Z</P>

Wrigley Field?

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison and ? </P>

</P>

Z</P>

..or Darrell Dess.......and Bookie Bolin........a gentler time when alliteration ruled the Giants Oline</P>

lol, jomo... I think Darrell was #62, and Bookie was #63</P>

Their coach was Sallie Sherman</P>

</P>

Bookie Bolin it is.........here he is at Ole Miss</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_S1s0AGz-Bl0/TCoGemVcctI/AAAAAAAAAOE/H6O7MBuPBOw/s1600/63.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-11-2011, 04:31 PM

</P>

In the Super Bowl (post merger) era-- Parcells in 86 Reeves in 93 (first year as Giants HC) Fassel in 97 (first year as Giants HC)</P>

Correct, good job</P>

</P>

This guy......more than once....... all though some of us do not <FONT color=#ff0000>fondly</FONT><FONT color=#000000> recall his memory as coach of the Giants lol</FONT></P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/464/088/alliesherman_display_image.jpg?1288014025</P>

Z</P>

keyofgmen
05-11-2011, 06:11 PM

*</P>

Correct, good job</P>

</P>

This guy......more than once.......* all though some of us do not <FONT color=#ff0000>fondly</FONT><FONT color=#000000> recall his memory as coach of the Giants*** lol</FONT></P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/464/088/alliesherman_display_image.jpg?1288014025</P>

Z</P>

Some of the early memories as a kid at Yankee Stadium and the chant...you know the one, I don't need to say it! LOL

jomo
05-11-2011, 06:30 PM

</P>

Correct, good job</P>

</P>

This guy......more than once....... all though some of us do not <FONT color=#ff0000>fondly</FONT><FONT color=#000000> recall his memory as coach of the Giants lol</FONT></P>

Z</P> Some of the early memories as a kid at Yankee Stadium and the chant...you know the one, I don't need to say it! LOLI remember the chant being a musical jingle. I am a little too young to feel like I "lived through that" but I do remember feeling the misery from my dad and uncles.

keyofgmen
05-11-2011, 06:42 PM

*</P>

Correct, good job</P>

</P>

This guy......more than once.......* all though some of us do not <FONT color=#ff0000>fondly</FONT><FONT color=#000000> recall his memory as coach of the Giants*** lol</FONT></P>

Z</P> Some of the early memories as a kid at Yankee Stadium and the chant...you know the one, I don't need to say it! LOLI remember the chant being a musical jingle. I am a little too young to feel like I "lived through that" but I do remember feeling the misery from my dad and uncles.

I remember it being like a ritual. The crowd just waiting long enough to break out. As a kid I joined in, not fully appreciating the significance.

zimonami
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM

</P>

Correct, good job</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Some of the early memories as a kid at Yankee Stadium and the chant...you know the one, I don't need to say it! LOLI remember the chant being a musical jingle. I am a little too young to feel like I "lived through that" but I do remember feeling the misery from my dad and uncles. I remember it being like a ritual. The crowd just waiting long enough to break out. As a kid I joined in, not fully appreciating the significance.</P>

Goodbye Allie</P>

Goodbye Allie</P>

Goodbye Allie, we hate to see you go. (tongue in cheek)</P>

My feelings for Allie have been poisoned by Aunt Jean's hatred of the man... so I'll not be one to pass judgement.</P>

Goodbye, Allie. I was glad to see you go.</P>

scoopscj
05-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I guess her anger toward Allie is about equal to mine at Ray Handley.

Scoops

zimonami
05-11-2011, 07:56 PM

Scoops

</P>

Ray Handley?? Did I blink and miss him.</P>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</P>

jomo
05-11-2011, 08:23 PM

Scoops

</P>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</P>...who was the weirdest?

YATittle1962
05-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I guess her anger toward Allie is about equal to mine at Ray Handley.*

Scoops

</P>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</P>...who was the weirdest?

I always wondered why Parcells thought so highly of him

jmike
05-11-2011, 11:09 PM

Scoops

</p>

Ray Handley?? Did I blink and miss him.</p>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</p>...who was the weirdest?

I don't think he did, I tghink he wanted to stick it to GY and spent a long time talking him up in preparation for the crowning moment of screwing the Giants on his way out.

NYG 5
05-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Scoops

</p>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</p>...who was the weirdest?

thats about the only logical answer. the rest of the parcells coaching tree was fantastic

how many passes did jason garrett throw as a Giant?

zimonami
05-12-2011, 12:10 AM

Scoops

</P>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</P>

...who was the weirdest? I always wondered why Parcells thought so highly of him

I don't think he did, I tghink he wanted to stick it to GY and spent a long time talking him up in preparation for the crowning moment of screwing the Giants on his way out.
</P>

yeah, I also thought tuna tried to stick it to GY. What had been so sweet suddenly turned so sour... and the mastermind of the defensive schemethat held the Bills to 19 points was off to Cleveland. And, sigh, we ended up with weird Ray.</P>

jmike
05-12-2011, 01:16 AM

Scoops

</p>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</p>

...who was the weirdest? I always wondered why Parcells thought so highly of him

</p>

yeah, I also thought tuna tried to stick it to GY. What had been so sweet suddenly turned so sour... and the mastermind of the defensive schemethat held the Bills to 19 points was off to Cleveland. And, sigh, we ended up with weird Ray.</p>

IDK, I was like 6 at the time. I just know what I have heard and seems like a lousy hire at BP's recommendation. Also understand that GY told Belichek that he could never be a HC in NY, so not like that was gonna happen anyway.

rbcarpenter
05-12-2011, 04:13 AM

Scoops

</P>

Ray is the answer to many questions about past Giant coaches... "Who is the most inept?... Who was the shortest lived? Who was the most forgettable? Who wasn't even a blip on the radar? Who was the most insignificant"</P>...who was the weirdest? I always wondered why Parcells thought so highly of himmy opinion then,as it is now,is that parcelles chose handley because he knew handley could not out do him(parcelles)unless there were about 15 plane crashes that knocked off everyone else in the league.bp also knew that if bb(belicheck)came in to take over,he would win a slew of championships very quickly,in effect downgrading what he(bp)did.i know i'm in the minority,but i feel that if belicheck had taken over the team in 1991,(20 years)the giants would have won at least 8 super bowls in his(bb) tenure.as i said,this is just my opinon,but i really feel that way.bp's ego got in the way of him choosing the best man for the job...but in reality,bb wouldn't have gotten the job anyway,even if bp recommended him,because george young hated bb with a passion.

rbcarpenter
05-12-2011, 04:14 AM
oh...and that was my 3,000th post!!!

jints10
05-12-2011, 10:16 AM
The way I remember it back then was that Parcells made Ron Erhart assistant Head Coach and Handley Offenceive Cordinator. Young was the guy that put Handley at HC, Erhart never even got an interview.

zimonami
05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Congrats, rbc.</P>

And, I agree with you... not on the number of SB's for Belichek, but everything else... and maybe a SB, or 2 under Belichek.</P>

It was ego's and age. Parcells wanted more power and wasn't going to get it with GY there. Meanwhile, GY was gradually losing contact withtaking advantage of free agencyand other changing dynamics in a changing NFL. Don't know why GY didn't like Bellichek, but Parcells certainly knew that Bellichek and even Earhardt were better choices than Handley. Between GY and tuna... they didn't serve the Giants and us loyal Giant fanswell... it was ego's and age. What was a SB winning team became 8-8 and then 6-10 under Handley</P>

YATittle1962
05-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Congrats, rbc.</P>

And, I agree with you... not on the number of SB's for Belichek, but everything else... and maybe a SB, or 2 under Belichek.</P>

It was ego's and age.* Parcells wanted more power and wasn't going to get it with GY there.* Meanwhile, GY was gradually losing contact with*taking advantage of free* agency*and other changing dynamics in a changing NFL.* Don't know why GY didn't like Bellichek, but Parcells certainly knew that Bellichek and even Earhardt were better choices than Handley.* Between GY and tuna... they didn't serve the Giants and us loyal Giant fans*well... it was ego's and age.* What was a SB winning team became 8-8 and then 6-10 under Handley</P>

I agree that once free agency came onto play the luster if the GY magic started to fade.....

but didnt Parcells leave the Giants before free agency was fully in affect?

Im honestly asking....

I know it was official in '93.....but was there a FA plan in place before that?

ny06
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Congrats, rbc.</P>

It was ego's and age. Parcells wanted more power and wasn't going to get it with GY there. Meanwhile, GY was gradually losing contact withtaking advantage of free agencyand other changing dynamics in a changing NFL. Don't know why GY didn't like Bellichek, but Parcells certainly knew that Bellichek and even Earhardt were better choices than Handley. Between GY and tuna... they didn't serve the Giants and us loyal Giant fanswell... it was ego's and age. What was a SB winning team became 8-8 and then 6-10 under Handley</P>

I agree that once free agency came onto play the luster if the GY magic started to fade..... but didnt Parcells leave the Giants before free agency was fully in affect? Im honestly asking.... I know it was official in '93.....but was there a FA plan in place before that?</P>

I am not sure, I always thought when Reggie White was a free agent and went to Greenbay in 93 is when it started. </P>

Roswell777
05-12-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't think Parcells was out to screw the Giants. I think Handley was Young's choice and it was made because Belichick did not want to start his head coaching career under the bright lights of NY, so he went to Cleveland.

When he was offered the Jets job years later, with Parcells blessing, he passed to go to NE.

I think it's just that some guys don't want that level of scrutiny everyday, every play.

rbcarpenter
05-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Congrats, rbc.</P>

It was ego's and age. Parcells wanted more power and wasn't going to get it with GY there. Meanwhile, GY was gradually losing contact withtaking advantage of free agencyand other changing dynamics in a changing NFL. Don't know why GY didn't like Bellichek, but Parcells certainly knew that Bellichek and even Earhardt were better choices than Handley. Between GY and tuna... they didn't serve the Giants and us loyal Giant fanswell... it was ego's and age. What was a SB winning team became 8-8 and then 6-10 under Handley</P> I agree that once free agency came onto play the luster if the GY magic started to fade..... but didnt Parcells leave the Giants before free agency was fully in affect? Im honestly asking.... I know it was official in '93.....but was there a FA plan in place before that?yes,but it was kind of hokey-the compensation thing for signing a free agent ,making a lot of teams shy away from doing so.it was nuts.

rbcarpenter
05-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't think Parcells was out to screw the Giants. I think Handley was Young's choice and it was made because Belichick did not want to start his head coaching career under the bright lights of NY, so he went to Cleveland.

When he was offered the Jets job years later, with Parcells blessing, he passed to go to NE.

I think it's just that some guys don't want that level of scrutiny everyday, every play.
i'm sorry,ros,perhaps i misspoke...i don't think b.p. was out to screw the giants either,but i do think that he was thinking about his legacy and his reputation.(a.k.a. ego,as zim said,which infuenced a LOT of his decisions...imho)

ny06
05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Name these 3 players?</P>

http://i54.tinypic.com/hrg41i.jpg</P>

jmike
05-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Name these 3 players?</p>

http://i54.tinypic.com/hrg41i.jpg</p>

It looks like Jesse Armstead and Mike Barrow, don't know the 3rd.

ny06
05-12-2011, 02:57 PM

</P>

Correct on the 2. </P>

hint. The 3rd one was a Cowboy</P>

Joe Morrison
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM

</P>

Correct on the 2. </P>

</P>

Hollywood Henderson</P>

SweetZombieJesus
05-12-2011, 04:49 PM

I'm not so sure he thought highly of him. He was just about the only guy left when Parcells quit -- AFTER rookie mini camp in 1991.

BP tried to quit after winning XXI and couldn't get out. He said in the elevator before XXV he was "out of here". His coaching staff left like rats on a sinking ship (including Coughlin and Belichick). Speculation is that BB knew BP was going to quit and wanted the Giants job, BP waited him out and BB took the Cleveland job.

He held on long enough to screw the Giants and anybody on his staff with an ounce of talent.

People like to pick on Ray but honestly he was a patsie, the last guy left holding the bag when they turned on the lights. That's just the dark side of Bill Parcells, if you don't think so, ask the Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins. Oh and the Bucs owner, lol.

BP always screws the ownership on the way out.

He tried twice to screw Wellington and succeeded the 2nd time.

He completely blew up his relationship with Robert Kraft by complaining about "shopping for groceries" during media week of their Super Bowl and calling Terry Glenn "she".

He screwed Leon Hess by not honoring his commitment to stay there, and for not stepping in when Bill Belichick resigned after 24 hours of being named the new head coach. At least with Leon Hess he waited until he was DEAD to screw him. After building them up, Parcells left them a smouldering pile of wreckage only to show up at Dallas without cleaning up his last mess.

He took off on Jerry Jones and left him scrambling for Wade Philips.

His seat wasn't even warm when he was looking for the door in Miami.

And let's not forget what he did in Tampa -- he had a handshake agreement to be head coach and backed out.

ny06
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM

</P>

Correct on the 2. </P>

</P>

Hollywood Henderson</P>

</P>

good choice, but not him. </P>

Here he is as a Cowboy</P>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2q3ut0k.jpg</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM

I'm not so sure he thought highly of him. He was just about the only guy left when Parcells quit -- AFTER rookie mini camp in 1991.

BP tried to quit after winning XXI and couldn't get out. He said in the elevator before XXV he was "out of here". His coaching staff left like rats on a sinking ship (including Coughlin and Belichick). Speculation is that BB knew BP was going to quit and wanted the Giants job, BP waited him out and BB took the Cleveland job.

He held on long enough to screw the Giants and anybody on his staff with an ounce of talent.

People like to pick on Ray but honestly he was a patsie, the last guy left holding the bag when they turned on the lights. That's just the dark side of Bill Parcells, if you don't think so, ask the Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins. Oh and the Bucs owner, lol.

He completely blew up his relationship with Robert Kraft by complaining about "shopping for groceries" during media week of their Super Bowl and calling Terry Glenn "she".

He screwed Leon Hess by not honoring his commitment to stay there, and for not stepping in when Bill Belichick resigned after 24 hours of being named the new head coach. At least with Leon Hess he waited until he was DEAD to screw him. After building them up, Parcells left them a smouldering pile of wreckage only to show up at Dallas without cleaning up his last mess.

And let's not forget what he did in Tampa -- he had a handshake agreement to be head coach and backed out.
</P>

According to this........ BB was NOT going to get the job as HC of the Giants with GY as the GM </P>

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/28/2008-01-28_giants_blundered_with_ray_handley_hire_l.html</P>

Always will wonder [as RBC stated]what if he [BB]had gotten the job after Parcels ugly departure.....Remember BB was not exactly a success as HC coming out of the gate at Cleveland....of course he did not have much to work with when he took Browns job</P>

Thoughts on that?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Was Hollywood Henderson the 3rd guy in that pic?</P>

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/391/776/36/o_PDVD_040.BMP.jpg</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-12-2011, 05:15 PM

Z</P>

</P>

The 3rd player was darrin smith</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Z</P>

</P>

The 3rd player was darrin smith</P>

</P>

Ooooohhhh....of course..Darrin Smith!...had that one on the tip of mytongue lol jk NY06</P>

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/74d/darrin-smith-dallas-cowboys-signed-8x10-photo-wcoa_74d367e5760265c01c10de56d0e5722e.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Who's this former Dallas Cowboy running back? [Giants related]</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/491/919/68Cowboys_display_image.jpg?1289249551</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
and who is this one? [not Giants related]</P>

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/files/t_30643.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM

</P>

According to this........ BB was NOT going to get the job as HC of the Giants with GY as the GM </P>

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/28/2008-01-28_giants_blundered_with_ray_handley_hire_l.html</P>

Always will wonder [as RBC stated]what if he [BB]had gotten the job after Parcels ugly departure.....Remember BB was not exactly a success as HC coming out of the gate at Cleveland....of course he did not have much to work with when he took Browns job</P>

Thoughts on that?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Gotta say that my memory agrees pretty much 100% with what SZJ says. The fans would have been ecstatic with Belichek afterhis defensive game plan against Buff. He always had the rep of tweaking the D perfectly against other Offenses. GY might not have liked Belichek... if not, it was for a reason none of us is really aware of... but, what GM in his right mind would have chosen Handley over Belichek if the timing gave him that choice? Even then, when we knew a lot less about both of them. In my book you always lean to the D coach.</P>

ny06
05-12-2011, 05:48 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/491/919/68Cowboys_display_image.jpg?1289249551</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That is Dan Reeves</P>

ny06
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Who is this former Giant?</P>

http://i56.tinypic.com/s1rep0.jpg</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 05:58 PM

Z</P>

</P>

That is Dan Reeves</P>

</P>

Thats him....played in 2 Super Bowls</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/01/01/gal_giants-stadium_30.jpg</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-12-2011, 06:00 PM

Z</P>

</P>

That is Dan Reeves</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I knew that question from all the NFL films I have seen in my life [:D]</P>

That picture above as a Cowboy must be the ice-bowl game. </P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 06:03 PM

</P>

Long time NY Football Giant ....."starting at Center , no. 53 Greg Larson"....[Bob Shepard voice]</P>

good question NY06</P>

http://img.nytstore.com/IMAGES/NSAP416_LARGE.JPG</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 06:08 PM

Z</P>

</P>

That is Dan Reeves</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I knew that question from all the NFL films I have seen in my life [:D]</P>

That picture above as a Cowboy must be the ice-bowl game. </P>

</P>

It is the "Ice Bowl" in that pic I believe......</P>

http://members.cox.net/kbrews/nflwx/DalGRB1967.jpg</P>

Who's no. 30 falling on Bart Starr in that game for the game winner?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-12-2011, 06:11 PM

</P>

Long time NY Football Giant ....."starting at Center , no. 53 Greg Larson"....[Bob Shepard voice]</P>

good question NY06</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That was too easy for you SEC [:D]</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 06:19 PM

</P>

good question NY06</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That was too easy for you SEC [:D]</P>

</P>

Thanks NY06.....As a little kid I always thought Greg Larson would be our Center forever....he came close...12 or 13 years as a Giant....always there and ready to play ole no. 53</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Good video on "The Ice Bowl"....Amazing how they played in that weather....remember , no heaters on the sidelines in those days some players suffered frostbite</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZSk7j9xPx0</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Good video on "The Ice Bowl"....Amazing how they played in that weather....remember , no heaters on the sidelines in those days some players suffered frostbite</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Honestly... if there were heaters, do you think Lombardi would allow his team to use them?</P>

jomo
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Honestly... if there were heaters, do you think Lombardi would allow his team to use them?</P>lol, Lombardi was 2 steps in the direction of the North Pole from Bud Grant!

YATittle1962
05-13-2011, 01:40 AM

</P>

good question NY06</P>

Z</P>

I actually heard his voice reading that......accent and all....

thanks for that

great memories

YATittle1962
05-13-2011, 01:42 AM

</P>

good question NY06</P>

Z</P>

that picture right there is my childhood in a nutshell

my hero

scoopscj
05-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Best Sheppard call I've ever heard was in 1987 when he said, Marshall, Burt, and OTHERS on the tackle. Cracked me up. It was a gang tackle and I guess he just didn't want to name all the others.

I'm at a loss for more questions though. I do check this thread from time to time and some of those real oldies get me.

Scoops

ny06
05-13-2011, 11:36 AM
This question may have been asked before, but here goes. </P>

Who did the Giants trade to aquire Y.A. Tittle?</P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2011, 11:52 AM

I know they traded Olineman Cordileone (sp) and possibly a draft pick?

it may have been just for Cordlione...but thats hard for me to believe right now even though he was a first round draft pick just a year earlier

ny06
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM

I know they traded Olineman Cordileone (sp) and possibly a draft pick? it may have been just for Cordlione...but thats hard for me to believe right now even though he was a first round draft pick just a year earlier</P>

I was reading this topic in the book The Most Memorable Game in Giants History</P>

Here is an excerpt from the book.</P>

"Mara played it close to the vest when he approached the 49ers about Tittle's availabiltiy. He described the situation this way: "You don't go to another owner and say, "We want so-and -so,' What you do is say, "You can't use 4 QB'S, who do you want to trade? "</P>

'It's one thing to be traded for high draft picks or another established star, but when Hickey told Tittle he had been traded to the NY Giants for guard Lou Cordileone, the veteran replied, "Who?"</P>

Cordileone was equally nonplussed, "Me?" he said. "Me? for Y.A. Tittle? You gotta be kidding?"</P>

rbcarpenter
05-13-2011, 12:37 PM
the 2nd cowboys picture was either calvin hill or duane thomas.</P>

</P>

ny06
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Name all the players you see in the picture?</P>

http://i52.tinypic.com/1yj9u.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM

Robustelli
Patton
Grier

not sure who the colt is

could be the great Jim Parker.....but cant tell what the number is

ny06
05-13-2011, 04:31 PM

Robustelli Patton Grier not sure who the colt is could be the great Jim Parker.....but cant tell what the number is</P>

Correct, good job YA. </P>

That's who I was thinking as the Colt player. </P>

ny06
05-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Who introduced Frank Gifford at his hall of fame induction?

YATittle1962
05-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Robustelli Patton Grier not sure who the colt is could be the great Jim Parker.....but cant tell what the number is</P>

I figured since he is engaged with Robustelli ....Andy only played RE....and Parker mostly played LT if I remember correctly.....

...so....

ny06
05-13-2011, 04:43 PM

I figured since he is engaged with Robustelli ....Andy only played RE....and Parker mostly played LT if I remember correctly..... ...so....</P>

Robustelli &amp; Parker would have loved to have seen those 2 at it all game. </P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2011, 04:43 PM
name some Giants that became a giant wearing one number......and finished their time as a Giant wearing another....

I start easy...

Toomer - 89 - 81

ny06
05-13-2011, 04:47 PM
name some Giants that became a giant wearing one number......and finished their time as a Giant wearing another.... I start easy... Toomer - 89 - 81</P>

michael boley 52 - 59</P>

Jeff Feagles 17 - 18</P>

</P>

zimonami
05-13-2011, 04:58 PM

I figured since he is engaged with Robustelli ....Andy only played RE....and Parker mostly played LT if I remember correctly..... ...so....</P>

Robustelli &amp; Parker would have loved to have seen those 2 at it all game. </P>

</P>

Is the '2' on Patton's helmet backwards?</P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2011, 06:38 PM

Robustelli & Parker would have loved to have seen those 2 at it all game. </P>

</P>

Is the '2' *on Patton's helmet backwards?</P>

thats crazy zim.....sure looks like it

jmike
05-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Derrick Ward 44-34

Sean Bennett 44-20

Arthur Marshall 83-86-12

David Patten 83-85

Greg Comella 45-34

Gary Downs 34-45

Roswell777
05-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Derrick Ward 44-34

Sean Bennett 44-20

Arthur Marshall 83-86-12

David Patten 83-85

Greg Comella 45-34

Gary Downs 34-45

Nice job. I can't think of any.

jints10
05-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Ray Rhodes wore #82 and #22

rbcarpenter
05-14-2011, 02:04 PM
danny pittman,82,85,and i think he had a 3rd # because he was switched to db his last year with the team.

NYG 5
05-14-2011, 03:40 PM
name some Giants that became a giant wearing one number......and finished their time as a Giant wearing another....

I start easy...

Toomer - 89 - 81

Jason Whittle- 66-65

Brandon Short- 53-54

Feagles was also number 10 before Eli bought him a new barbecue grill.

SweetZombieJesus
05-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Anyone remember Feagles full number history? He changed it 4 times, didn't he? I think between 10-17-18-?

rbcarpenter
05-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Anyone remember Feagles full number history? He changed it 4 times, didn't he? I think between 10-17-18-?
i think those are the only three,szj...[*-)]

keyofgmen
05-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Anyone remember Feagles full number history?* He changed it 4 times, didn't he?* I think between 10-17-18-?
i think those are the only three,szj...[*-)]

He also was # 6 with Patriots and # 5 with Eagles early in his career.

SEC105
05-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Any idea who the Giant Linemen are in this pic?</P>

http://davepear.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/davepear3.jpg</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-16-2011, 04:35 PM

Z</P>

</P>

No idea, but that is hall of fame player Lee Roy Selmon #63</P>

Roswell777
05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Any idea who the Giant Linemen are in this pic?</p>

http://davepear.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/davepear3.jpg</p>

Z</p>

Gordon Gravelle?

SEC105
05-16-2011, 05:04 PM

Z</P>

Gordon Gravelle?

</P>

Nice job Ros.....71 is Gordon Gravelle</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Z</P>

</P>

No idea, but that is hall of fame player Lee Roy Selmon #63</P>

</P>

That is Leroy Selmon no. 63 NY06......crushing Dan Pastorini [?] below</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/846/166/LeeRoySelmon1_display_image.jpg?1302377825</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
05-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Any idea who the Giant Linemen are in this pic?</p>

http://davepear.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/davepear3.jpg</p>

Z</p>

Gordon Gravelle?

</p>

Nice job Ros.....71 is Gordon Gravelle</p>

Z</p>

Thanks Sec, who is #62?

SEC105
05-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Z</P>

Gordon Gravelle?

</P>

Z</P>

Thanks Sec, who is #62?

</P>

62 is atough one Ros.....I'll give a little while to see if anyone can get it...his initials are R.M. spent 3 or 4 seasons playing for us</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Z</P>

Gordon Gravelle?

</P>

Z</P>

Thanks Sec, who is #62?

</P>

62 is a*tough one Ros.....I'll give a little while to see if anyone can get it...his initials are R.M.***** spent 3 or 4 seasons playing for us</P>

Z</P>

I know who he is but have absolutely no idea how to spell his name......

here goes a weak attempt....

Mikalacyk ?

SEC105
05-16-2011, 05:58 PM

Z</P>

Gordon Gravelle?

</P>

Z</P>

Thanks Sec, who is #62?

</P>

62 is atough one Ros.....I'll give a little while to see if anyone can get it...his initials are R.M. spent 3 or 4 seasons playing for us</P>

Z</P>

I know who he is but have absolutely no idea how to spell his name...... here goes a weak attempt.... Mikalacyk ?</P>

lol Y. A.......thats him and yes thats a hard one to spell Ron Mikolajczyk , I think thats right[:D]</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
05-16-2011, 06:29 PM
I have no memory of that guy. But I remember a #62 from an earlier catastrophic Oline.

#62 Ellenbogen.

SEC105
05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Nice easy one....who's this former Giant?</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/mma/boxing/01/29/herschel.walker.thennow/herschel-walker-si.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-18-2011, 05:52 PM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/mma/boxing/01/29/herschel.walker.thennow/herschel-walker-si.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

Roswell777
05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Nice easy one....who's this former Giant?</p>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/mma/boxing/01/29/herschel.walker.thennow/herschel-walker-si.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Hershall Walker</p>

I wish they would have gotten him right out of college instead of near the end. That guy was a talent.

SEC105
05-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

I wish they would have gotten him right out of college instead of near the end. That guy was a talent.

</P>

He sure was Gang......at least he got to play In Giants Stadium in the begining</P>

http://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/tdgh-mar/Herschel%20Walker%20Generals.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-18-2011, 06:24 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

</P>

He sure was Gang......at least he got to play In Giants Stadium in the begining</P>

http://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/tdgh-mar/Herschel%20Walker%20Generals.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

What number did Rodney Hampton wear with the Bulldogs?</P>

jomo
05-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

What number did Rodney Hampton wear with the Bulldogs?</P>Interesting running style. Certainly fast, big and strong, not as elusive as some of the other great back. I remember tacklers bouncing off him. Good memories of him.

Roswell777
05-18-2011, 08:01 PM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/mma/boxing/01/29/herschel.walker.thennow/herschel-walker-si.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Hershall Walker</p>

</p>

He sure was Gang......at least he got to play In Giants Stadium in the begining</p>

http://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/tdgh-mar/Herschel%20Walker%20Generals.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

What number did Rodney Hampton wear with the Bulldogs?</p>Interesting running style. Certainly fast, big and strong, not as elusive as some of the other great back. I remember tacklers bouncing off him. Good memories of him.

Who was his fullback on the Generals?

rbcarpenter
05-18-2011, 08:07 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

What number did Rodney Hampton wear with the Bulldogs?</P>Interesting running style. Certainly fast, big and strong, not as elusive as some of the other great back. I remember tacklers bouncing off him. Good memories of him.

maurice carthon

YATittle1962
05-18-2011, 10:38 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

I wish they would have gotten him right out of college instead of near the end.* That guy was a talent.

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

wow just got home to some great questions...

he wore either 7 or 9 cant remember.....

it was a single digit number though wasnt it?

ny06
05-18-2011, 10:51 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

I am pretty sure it was #7</P>

jints10
05-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

wow just got home to some great questions... he wore either 7 or 9 cant remember..... it was a single digit number though wasnt it?</P>

Yea YA Rockin Rodney wore #7 with Georgia</P>

Roswell777
05-19-2011, 02:06 PM

Z</p>

</p>

Hershall Walker</p>

</p>

He sure was Gang......at least he got to play In Giants Stadium in the begining</p>

http://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/tdgh-mar/Herschel%20Walker%20Generals.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

What number did Rodney Hampton wear with the Bulldogs?</p>Interesting running style. Certainly fast, big and strong, not as elusive as some of the other great back. I remember tacklers bouncing off him. Good memories of him.

maurice carthon

Maurice Carthon it is. That was some backfield. Can't slip a running back question past rbc.

After playing fullback for the Generals, what NFL team did Carthon play for? No peeking.

YATittle1962
05-19-2011, 03:11 PM

Z</p>

</p>

Hershall Walker</p>

I wish they would have gotten him right out of college instead of near the end.* That guy was a talent.

</p>

Z</p>

</p>

maurice carthon

Maurice Carthon it is.* That was some backfield.* Can't slip a running back question past rbc.*

After playing fullback for the Generals, what NFL team did Carthon play for?* No peeking.

wasnt he a rookie on the Giants?

i know he went somewhere after the Giants though.....cant remember who....

Chiefs maybe?

ny06
05-19-2011, 03:14 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Interesting running style. Certainly fast, big and strong, not as elusive as some of the other great back. I remember tacklers bouncing off him. Good memories of him.

maurice carthon

Maurice Carthon it is. That was some backfield. Can't slip a running back question past rbc.

After playing fullback for the Generals, what NFL team did Carthon play for? No peeking.

wasnt he a rookie on the Giants? <FONT color=#0000ff>i know he went somewhere after the Giants though.....cant remember who.... Chiefs maybe?</FONT></P>

I think it was the Colts</P>

SEC105
05-19-2011, 04:48 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Hershall Walker</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Interesting running style. Certainly fast, big and strong, not as elusive as some of the other great back. I remember tacklers bouncing off him. Good memories of him.

maurice carthon

wasnt he a rookie on the Giants? <FONT color=#0000ff>i know he went somewhere after the Giants though.....cant remember who.... Chiefs maybe?</FONT></P>

I think it was the Colts</P>

</P>

Moe was a rookie with the Giants in 1985....he had to have set some kind of record for games played in one year....played entire USFL season and then all season with the Giants. Plus preseason games and playoffs in both leagues Unreal!!!</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/155/979/carthon_display_image.jpg?1266037039</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Who was the first Giant WR to have 1000 recieving yards in one season?</P>

Z </P>

ny06
05-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

SEC105
05-19-2011, 05:09 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Good guess and Del would make sense....but no NY06 , it was not him. When Iheard the answer it really surprised me</P>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50546592.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 65822B4509DA1CC8209C1FA6767D7D18070FD271C5748BF8B0 1E70F2B3269972</P>

Z</P>

jomo
05-19-2011, 05:32 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Good guess and Del would make sense....but no NY06 , it was not him. When Iheard the answer it really surprised me</P>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50546592.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 65822B4509DA1CC8209C1FA6767D7D18070FD271C5748BF8B0 1E70F2B3269972</P>

Z</P>Well dressed?

SEC105
05-19-2011, 05:44 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Well dressed?</P>

Another great guess..but it wasn't "well dressed" lol How have you been Jomo?</P>

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/aaa-10893.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
05-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Who was the first Giant WR to have 1000 recieving yards in one season?</p>

Z </p>

</p>

del shofner?</p>

</p>

Good guess and Del would make sense....but no NY06 , it was not him. When Iheard the answer it really surprised me</p>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50546592.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 65822B4509DA1CC8209C1FA6767D7D18070FD271C5748BF8B0 1E70F2B3269972</p>

Z</p>

Well dressed?</p>

Another great guess..but it wasn't "well dressed" lol How have you been Jomo?</p>

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/aaa-10893.jpg</p>

Z</p>

Was it #45?

SEC105
05-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Well dressed?</P>

Another great guess..but it wasn't "well dressed" lol How have you been Jomo?</P>

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/aaa-10893.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Was it #45?

</P>

My fault gang..............to the best of my knowledge NY06 was right. Had this discussion with a friend [Ill just blame him]a few days ago he swore it was Homer. I thought Del Shofner. Had to do a look up and Del Shofner did it first.....unless there was someone before him that did it. Anyone know? Try to leave google out of it as much as I can....but I have to learn.....google can be my friend lol</P>

Roswell777
05-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Here's two for the crew...

1) In 1963 Homer Jones was drafted by the Giants. What other pro team drafted Homer that year?
2) In 1965 Joe Namath was drafted by the NY Jets. What NFL team drafted Joe and his career 50% passing?

allentown PA
05-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Good guess and Del would make sense....but no NY06 , it was not him. When I*heard the answer it really surprised me</P>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50546592.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A1465822B4509DA1CC8209C1FA6767D7D18 070FD271C5748BF8B01E70F2B3269972</P>

Z</P>

Well dressed?</P>

Another great guess..but it wasn't "well dressed"*** lol*** *How have you been Jomo?</P>

Z</P>

Was it #45?

</P>

My fault gang..............to the best of my knowledge NY06 was right. Had this discussion with a friend [Ill just blame him]*a few days ago he swore it was Homer. I thought Del Shofner. Had to do a look up and Del Shofner did it first.....unless there was someone before him that did it. Anyone know?********* Try to leave google out of it as much as I can....but I have to learn.....google can be my friend** lol</P>

#20 looks like Joe girardi imo

rbcarpenter
05-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Here's two for the crew...

1) In 1963 Homer Jones was drafted by the Giants. What other pro team drafted Homer that year?
2) In 1965 Joe Namath was drafted by the NY Jets. What NFL team drafted Joe and his career 50% passing?

homer jones was also drafted by the oilers,while joe willie"let me kiss ya,baby"namath was the 1st round pick of the cardinals.

YATittle1962
05-20-2011, 09:50 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Good guess and Del would make sense....but no NY06 , it was not him. When I*heard the answer it really surprised me</P>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50546592.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A1465822B4509DA1CC8209C1FA6767D7D18 070FD271C5748BF8B01E70F2B3269972</P>

Z</P>

Well dressed?</P>

Another great guess..but it wasn't "well dressed"*** lol*** *How have you been Jomo?</P>

Z</P>

Was it #45?

</P>

My fault gang..............to the best of my knowledge NY06 was right. Had this discussion with a friend [Ill just blame him]*a few days ago he swore it was Homer. I thought Del Shofner. Had to do a look up and Del Shofner did it first.....unless there was someone before him that did it. Anyone know?********* Try to leave google out of it as much as I can....but I have to learn.....google can be my friend** lol</P>

hahahahah he does...

thats Jim Patton one of the Giants all time great D backs

YATittle1962
05-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I just had a stoney vision.......inspired by the picture of Patton YA and the boys....

lets try something....

list some players from a certain era and someone else will answer with another list of players of those same positions from a the current Giant team....

I know....sounds confusing....

here goes...

Pete Athas
Willie Williams
Spider Lockhart
Richmond Flowers

allentown PA
05-20-2011, 10:05 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Well dressed?</P>

Z</P>

Was it #45?

</P>

hahahahah he does...

thats Jim Patton one of the Giants all time great D backs

who's the best ever **** lynch???

ny06
05-22-2011, 08:35 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Well dressed?</P>

Z</P>

Was it #45?

</P>

My fault gang..............to the best of my knowledge NY06 was right. Had this discussion with a friend [Ill just blame him]a few days ago he swore it was Homer. I thought Del Shofner. Had to do a look up and Del Shofner did it first.....unless there was someone before him that did it. Anyone know? Try to leave google out of it as much as I can....but I have to learn.....google can be my friend lol</P>

#20 looks like Joe girardi imo hahahahah he does... thats Jim Patton one of the Giants all time great D backs who's the best ever **** lynch???</P>

Emlen Tunnell</P>

jmike
05-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Who was the first Giant WR to have 1000 recieving yards in one season?</p>

Z </p>

</p>

del shofner?</p>

</p>

Good guess and Del would make sense....but no NY06 , it was not him. When Iheard the answer it really surprised me</p>

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/50546592.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14 65822B4509DA1CC8209C1FA6767D7D18070FD271C5748BF8B0 1E70F2B3269972</p>

Z</p>

Well dressed?</p>

Another great guess..but it wasn't "well dressed" lol How have you been Jomo?</p>

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/aaa-10893.jpg</p>

Z</p>

Was it #45?

</p>

My fault gang..............to the best of my knowledge NY06 was right. Had this discussion with a friend [Ill just blame him]a few days ago he swore it was Homer. I thought Del Shofner. Had to do a look up and Del Shofner did it first.....unless there was someone before him that did it. Anyone know? Try to leave google out of it as much as I can....but I have to learn.....google can be my friend lol</p>

#20 looks like Joe girardi imo hahahahah he does... thats Jim Patton one of the Giants all time great D backs who's the best ever **** lynch???</p>

Emlen Tunnell</p>

Aww, hell no....Corey *** Raymond BABY!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/730/791/284423_display_image.jpg?1297909925

ny06
05-22-2011, 08:40 PM

Z </P>

</P>

del shofner?</P>

</P>

Z</P>

Well dressed?</P>

Z</P>

Was it #45?

</P>

#20 looks like Joe girardi imo hahahahah he does... thats Jim Patton one of the Giants all time great D backs who's the best ever **** lynch???</P>

Emlen Tunnell</P>

Aww, hell no....Corey *** Raymond BABY!
</P>

Atleast you didn't say Thomas Randolph</P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I just had a stoney vision.......inspired by the picture of Patton YA and the boys....

lets try something....

list some players from a certain era and someone else will answer with another list of players of those same positions from a the current Giant team....

here goes...

Pete Athas
Willie Williams
Spider Lockhart
Richmond Flowers

I guess no one liked my stoney game.....hahahaha

jmike
05-22-2011, 09:44 PM

lets try something....

here goes...

Pete Athas
Willie Williams
Spider Lockhart
Richmond Flowers

I guess no one liked my stoney game.....hahahaha

I would play, but I do not know Athas, Williams or Flowers to know what position they play. Give me anyone 90s or later I can help. I could even do some 80s just based on what my dad used to talk about. Like "Ingram, Baker and Turner will be the best WR trio this team will ever see." He was like Nostradamus that way.

zimonami
05-22-2011, 09:50 PM
I just had a stoney vision.......inspired by the picture of Patton YA and the boys.... lets try something.... list some players from a certain era and someone else will answer with another list of players of those same positions from a the current Giant team.... I know....sounds confusing.... here goes... Pete Athas Willie Williams Spider Lockhart Richmond Flowers I guess no one liked my stoney game.....hahahaha</P>

Is this as simple as it seems, YA? </P>

Corey Webster </P>

Terrell Thomas </P>

Kenny Phillips </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

YATittle1962
05-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I just had a stoney vision.......inspired by the picture of Patton YA and the boys.... lets try something.... list some players from a certain era and someone else will answer with another list of players of those same positions from a the current Giant team.... I know....sounds confusing.... here goes... Pete Athas Willie Williams Spider Lockhart Richmond Flowers I guess no one liked my stoney game.....hahahaha</P>

Is this as simple as it seems, YA?* </P>

Corey Webster******************************************* ************************************************** *************************** </P>

Terrell Thomas******************************************** ************************************************** ************************** </P>

Kenny Phillips****************************************** ************************************************** ****************************** </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

simple for old man zim yes......

try these

Rich Buzin
Willie Young
Freeman White

jomo
05-22-2011, 10:58 PM

Corey Webster </P>

Terrell Thomas </P>

Kenny Phillips </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

simple for old man zim yes...... try these Rich Buzin Willie Young Freeman White</P>

David Diehl</P>

Rich Seubert</P>

Kareem McKenzie</P>

??</P>

zimonami
05-23-2011, 01:14 AM

Corey Webster </P>

Terrell Thomas </P>

Kenny Phillips </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

simple for old man zim yes...... try these Rich Buzin Willie Young Freeman White</P>

I'm gonna say david Diehl, Kareem McKenzie, and Kevin Boss</P>

YATittle1962
05-23-2011, 11:30 AM

Corey Webster******************************************* ************************************************** *************************** </P>

Terrell Thomas******************************************** ************************************************** ************************** </P>

Kenny Phillips****************************************** ************************************************** ****************************** </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

and you would be right again.....

my game kinda sucks.....hahahaha...

damn bongs

zimonami
05-23-2011, 12:43 PM

Corey Webster </P>

Terrell Thomas </P>

Kenny Phillips </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

and you would be right again..... my game kinda sucks.....hahahaha... damn bongs</P>

It's actually not that bad. I had to do some thinking on what position Freeman White played. I think he played more than TE... also played some defense. Throwing a TE in with (2) OT's was a good twist, otherwise it woulda been too easy. Listing all four DB positions on the first question made that one a bit too easy.</P>

jmike
05-23-2011, 12:48 PM

Antrel Rolle.</P>

and you would be right again..... my game kinda sucks.....hahahaha... damn bongs</P>

It's actually not that bad. I had to do some thinking on what position Freeman White played. I think he played more than TE... also played some defense.** Throwing a TE in with (2) OT's was a good twist, otherwise it woulda been too easy.* Listing all four DB positions on the first question made that one a bit too easy.</P>

Ok, try this one

Troy Kyles

Bobby Abrams

Kent Wells

YATittle1962
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM

Antrel Rolle.</P>

It's actually not that bad. I had to do some thinking on what position Freeman White played. I think he played more than TE... also played some defense.** Throwing a TE in with (2) OT's was a good twist, otherwise it woulda been too easy.* Listing all four DB positions on the first question made that one a bit too easy.</P>

tried to keep it simple at first.....

try this one......4 Bobs

Boy Hyland (sp?)
Bob Tucker
Bob Grim
Bobby Brooks

ny06
05-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Who introduced Frank Gifford at his hall of fame induction?</P>

This question got lost in the mix.</P>

Any takers?</P>

jmike
05-23-2011, 02:44 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford

rbcarpenter
05-23-2011, 02:47 PM

Any takers?</P>

vince lombardi?</P>

</P>

ny06
05-23-2011, 02:49 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

Nope not her,think of Giants organization</P>

</P>

ny06
05-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Any takers?</P>

vince lombardi?</P>

</P>

</P>

Good guess rbc, but not him. </P>

Another hint</P>

his nickname is the Duke</P>

zimonami
05-23-2011, 03:06 PM

Any takers?</P>

vince lombardi?</P>

</P>

</P>

Another hint</P>

</P>

No kidding? John Wayne?</P>

Nahhh... the Duke was also our own Wellington Mara. He practically thought of Giff as a son.</P>

ny06
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM

Any takers?</P>

vince lombardi?</P>

</P>

</P>

Another hint</P>

</P>

No kidding? John Wayne?</P>

Nahhh... the Duke was also our own Wellington Mara. He practically thought of Giff as a son.</P>

</P>

haha</P>

You got it Zim</P>

I am pretty sure Giff looked at Mara as a father as well. </P>

It seems all the players who came in contact with W. Mara loved him..</P>

jmike
05-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

Nope not her,*think of Giants organization</P>

*</P>

Kate Mara?

ny06
05-23-2011, 03:20 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

</P>

Kate Mara?</P>

She wasen't even born yet for Giffords hall of fame induction. </P>

It was Wellington Mara</P>

jmike
05-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

*</P>

Kate Mara?</P>

I see that now, I guess before I turn the page.

jmike
05-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

*</P>

Kate Mara?</P>

To add on to that question:

What person has introduced the most players for Hall of Fame induction?

ny06
05-23-2011, 03:30 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

</P>

Kate Mara?</P>

To add on to that question: What person has introduced the most players for Hall of Fame induction?</P>

Thats a great question. </P>

I'll take a guess. Don Shula?</P>

jmike
05-23-2011, 03:39 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

*</P>

Kate Mara?</P>

To add on to that question: What person has introduced the most players for Hall of Fame induction?</P>

Thats a great question. </P>

I'll take a guess. Don Shula?</P>

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but was figuring someone here did. I'll look it up when I get home. But good guess. (game show clap)

rbcarpenter
05-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

</P>

Kate Mara?</P>

It was Wellington Mara</P> To add on to that question: What person has introduced the most players for Hall of Fame induction?i would think tom landry would be high on that list as well.

SEC105
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Corey Webster </P>

Terrell Thomas </P>

Kenny Phillips </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

It's actually not that bad. I had to do some thinking on what position Freeman White played. I think he played more than TE... also played some defense. Throwing a TE in with (2) OT's was a good twist, otherwise it woulda been too easy. Listing all four DB positions on the first question made that one a bit too easy.</P>

tried to keep it simple at first..... try this one......4 Bobs Boy Hyland (sp?) Bob Tucker Bob Grim Bobby Brooks</P>

Don't know if I'm playing the game correctly....same first names?</P>

Don Chandler</P>

Don Hermann</P>

Don Hasslebeck</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-23-2011, 04:55 PM

Any takers?</P>

Kathy Lee Gifford</P>

</P>

Kate Mara?</P>

</P>

That question was right in my "wheelhouse" [:D]</P>

http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/default/Mara_Gifford_250-175(1).jpg</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
05-23-2011, 04:55 PM

Corey Webster </P>

Terrell Thomas </P>

Kenny Phillips </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

tried to keep it simple at first..... try this one......4 Bobs Boy Hyland (sp?) Bob Tucker Bob Grim Bobby Brooks</P>

Don Chandler</P>

Don Hermann</P>

Don Hasslebeck</P>

Z</P>

how's this for a match?</P>

</P>

joe jurevicius</P>

joe pisarchik</P>

joe walton?</P>

SEC105
05-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Who's this former Giant?</P>

http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/112/882/339/o_fvUDPN3AvJwElT9.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-23-2011, 05:50 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this Ernie Koy?</P>

</P>

SEC105
05-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this Ernie Koy?</P>

</P>

</P>

Thats Ernie...he and Tucker Fredrickson had the nickname of what?...The.......?</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/38072/f005d1bb5e14a3463d50e4b645661b001912feff.jpg?x=332 &amp;y=227&amp;sig=424d63484c37f47b51fb404347b67dce</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
What Giant is wearing no. 66 in this pic?</P>

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5jRDome29Bs/TJCc6ZjyTaI/AAAAAAAABrk/OCklsea4S34/s1600/Tittle_YA35_Giants.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Corey Webster </P>

Terrell Thomas </P>

Kenny Phillips </P>

Antrel Rolle.</P>

Don Chandler</P>

Don Hermann</P>

Don Hasslebeck</P>

Z</P>

how's this for a match?</P>

</P>

joe jurevicius</P>

joe pisarchik</P>

joe walton?</P>

</P>

And this Joe RBC [:D]</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/988/slideshow_98893/display_image.jpg?x=506421</P>

Z</P>

jmike
05-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this Ernie Koy?</P>

*</P>

</P>

Thats Ernie...he and Tucker Fredrickson had the nickname of what?...The.......? ...***....?</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/38072/f005d1bb5e14a3463d50e4b645661b001912feff.jpg?x=332&y=227&sig=424d63484c37f47b51fb404347b67dce</P>

Z</P>

jmike
05-23-2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/Presenters.aspx

bit long for me to dig through right now, but Levy and DeBartolo have a few. Jerry Jones even has a couple.

rbcarpenter
05-23-2011, 10:42 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Is this Ernie Koy?</P>

</P>

</P>

Thats Ernie...he and Tucker Fredrickson had the nickname of what?...The.......? ...***....?</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/38072/f005d1bb5e14a3463d50e4b645661b001912feff.jpg?x=332 &amp;y=227&amp;sig=424d63484c37f47b51fb404347b67dce</P>

Z</P>the baby bulls?

YATittle1962
05-23-2011, 10:55 PM
there were a group of 4 or 5 young RBs knows as the baby bulls......can you name them?

zimonami
05-24-2011, 01:45 AM
there were a group of 4 or 5 young RBs knows as the baby bulls......can you name them?</P>

In addition to Tucker Fredrickson and Ernie Koythere was Steve Thurlow, Chuck Mercein, and Ernie Wheelwright.</P>

jmike
05-24-2011, 01:54 AM
there were a group of 4 or 5 young RBs knows as the baby bulls......can you name them?</p>

In addition to Tucker Fredrickson and Ernie Koythere was Steve Thurlow, Chuck Mercein, and Ernie Wheelwright.</p>

They aren't young!

YATittle1962
05-24-2011, 03:10 AM
there were a group of 4 or 5 young RBs knows as the baby bulls......can you name them?</P>

In addition to Tucker Fredrickson and Ernie Koy*there was Steve Thurlow, Chuck Mercein, and Ernie Wheelwright.</P>

I loved those guys.....I thought most of them were going to be saviors.....

too bad most of them were ended by injuries

ny06
05-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Name all the people in this picture?</P>

http://i54.tinypic.com/2q24a3m.jpg</P>

SEC105
05-24-2011, 05:27 PM

</P>

Thats [L to R]Bart Oates , Harry , don't know and Christian Peter....little hint on the unknown person?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-24-2011, 05:35 PM

In addition to Tucker Fredrickson and Ernie Koythere was Steve Thurlow, Chuck Mercein, and Ernie Wheelwright.</P>

I loved those guys.....I thought most of them were going to be saviors..... too bad most of them were ended by injuries</P>

Yeah ....injuries sure took there toll on the "Baby Bulls"....at least Chuck Mercein went on to glory with Packers</P>

http://experts.speechfitness.com/uploads/images/experts/pictures/mercein-cover.jpg</P>

Z</P>

NYG 5
05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
alright guys, lets name some Giant QB Killers! we all remember LT on Theismann, but can you name others?

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/4/cd701e504ef3748d6983c004b237e711d44986b1.jpg?x=388 &amp;y=536&amp;sig=f76f7760fb3d70c99bdd22ad9702d913

remember when Brandon Short broke Chad Pennington's wrist and took him out of the first month of football?

YATittle1962
05-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Ill go recent.....

Michael Boley destroying Tony Romos shoulder
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3162/romo1t.jpg

jomo
05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Gotta go with Jim Burt sending Montana to the hospital.</P>

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwkXk7qyFzpYfJ1lcwr89LahTJ8_unW tHBg7P1_YvN9KjrbZCWJ0cxY6M8-Q</P>

YATittle1962
05-24-2011, 10:52 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwkXk7qyFzpYfJ1lcwr89LahTJ8_unW tHBg7P1_YvN9KjrbZCWJ0cxY6M8-Q</P>

while we are on Montana
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/7284/montana.jpg

heres Leonard Marshall on him

jomo
05-24-2011, 10:59 PM

while we are on Montana http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/7284/montana.jpg heres Leonard Marshall on him</P>

2 trips to Hackensack Memorial!</P>

ny06
05-24-2011, 11:15 PM

</P>

Thats [L to R]Bart Oates , Harry , don't know and Christian Peter....little hint on the unknown person?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That's correct on the 3, good job SEC</P>

I knew no one would guess who the one guy is. </P>

Hint. He played one season for the Giants in the 90s, we got him from the Cardinals. </P>

jmike
05-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Name all the people in this picture?</p>

http://i54.tinypic.com/2q24a3m.jpg</p>

</p>

Thats [L to R]Bart Oates , Harry , don't know and Christian Peter....little hint on the unknown person?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

That's correct on the 3, good job SEC</p>

I knew no one would guess who the one guy is. </p>

Hint. He played one season for the Giants in the 90s, we got him from the Cardinals. </p>LeShon Johnson?

YATittle1962
05-25-2011, 01:33 AM
in the 49er playoff debacle....you know the one....

second quarter i believe....the 9ers punt the ball and the returner muffs it....

what Giant recovers?

ny06
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Hint. He played one season for the Giants in the 90s, we got him from the Cardinals. </P>

LeShon Johnson?
</P>

Not him, good guesss.</P>

Answer = John Booty </P>

NYG 5
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM

second quarter i believe....the 9ers punt the ball and the returner muffs it....

what Giant recovers?

pretty sure it was johnny harris. they run a boot and toomer pwns ahmad plummer again for a quick score.

this terrible giant punter punted the ball to the 49ers after going 3 and out, and this giant committed a penalty which gave the 49ers the ball on about the giant 20-30 yard line. name these two geniuses

rbcarpenter
05-25-2011, 11:32 AM
in the 49er playoff debacle....you know the one.... second quarter i believe....the 9ers punt the ball and the returner muffs it.... what Giant recovers?

pretty sure it was johnny harris. they run a boot and toomer pwns ahmad plummer again for a quick score.

this terrible giant punter punted the ball to the 49ers after going 3 and out, and this giant committed a penalty which gave the 49ers the ball on about the giant 20-30 yard line. name these two geniuses
i'll guess rodney williams for the punter,have no idea who committed the penalty.

YATittle1962
05-25-2011, 11:52 AM

what Giant recovers?

in this same game......?

if so it was Dhani Jones that interfered with the returner who signaled fair catch......im pretty sure anyway....

I still blame Shockey.........

Roswell777
05-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Gotta go with Jim Burt sending Montana to the hospital.</p>

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwkXk7qyFzpYfJ1lcwr89LahTJ8_unW tHBg7P1_YvN9KjrbZCWJ0cxY6M8-Q</p>

while we are on Montana
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/7284/montana.jpg

heres Leonard Marshall on him

These were the two greatest hits in Giant history, considering the situation. Both at the expense of Mr. Montana.

But one could make an argument for Alford's hit on Mr. Brady as well.

zimonami
05-25-2011, 09:57 PM

while we are on Montana http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/7284/montana.jpg heres Leonard Marshall on him

These were the two greatest hits in Giant history, considering the situation. Both at the expense of Mr. Montana.

But one could make an argument for Alford's hit on Mr. Brady as well.

</P>

Gotta agree, Ros. At the time they happened, I thought these 2 brutal sacks were the pivotal plays in each game. Alford's sack, while it will ever be etched in my memory as one of my favorite Giant memories, was the final nail in a closing coffin.... but the pivotal play had to be The Catch.</P>

NYG 5
05-25-2011, 10:05 PM

what Giant recovers?

in this same game......?

if so it was Dhani Jones that interfered with the returner who signaled fair catch......im pretty sure anyway....

I still blame Shockey.........

yup, even though the receiver's momentum carries him forward, and dhani jones just kinda bumped into him.

regardless, it was the all incompetent matt allen who was the punter. the only reason he was on the team was because he could hold most of the terrible snaps from the giants terrible long snappers. but he still never knew that you could spike the ball on muffed snaps.

regardless, shows you how incompetent that giants special teams were. probably the worst special teams of the decade.

since we're visiting this blocked out memory, the giants defense held the 49ers offense in check all game, and kenny holmes was having probably the best game of his giant career... until he got hurt on a fourth down play. who came in to replace him at right end, and opened up all those running lanes for garcia to gash the giants?

zimonami
05-25-2011, 10:32 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

what a shock to recognize that was bart oates... he must have lost 80 pounds</P>

SEC105
05-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Who's this Giant WR?</P>

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2010/10/17/450x395-alg_earnest_gray_then.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-26-2011, 06:13 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

what a shock to recognize that was bart oates... he must have lost 80 pounds</P>

</P>

He sure didlose alot of footballweight after his career..........he looks goodthough</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-26-2011, 06:15 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

LeShon Johnson?
</P>

Answer = John Booty </P>

</P>

That was tough one NY06.....did he come from the Vikings to us?</P>

Z</P>

ny06
05-27-2011, 02:11 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

LeShon Johnson?
</P>

Answer = John Booty </P>

</P>

That was tough one NY06.....did he come from the Vikings to us?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

The Cardinals</P>

ny06
05-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Name this player?</P>

Not Giant related</P>

http://i51.tinypic.com/jfl0e1.jpg</P>

allentown PA
05-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Name this player?</P>

Not Giant related</P>

Pretty sure its Derrick Thomas...forgot he went to Bama..this pic reminded me..good stuff.

ny06
05-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Name this player?</P>

Not Giant related</P>

Pretty sure its Derrick Thomas...forgot he went to Bama..this pic reminded me..good stuff.</P>

Correct, good job [Y]</P>

One of my favorite non giant players. </P>

ny06
05-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Who had the only interception for the Giants in superbowl XXI</P>

(Broncos vs Giants)</P>

allentown PA
05-30-2011, 09:04 PM

(Broncos vs Giants)</P>

Elvis???

ny06
05-31-2011, 10:51 AM

(Broncos vs Giants)</P>

Elvis???</P>

correct, good job </P>

ny06
05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Name this former Giant?</P>

http://i55.tinypic.com/9tie5l.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
05-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Stra?

strictly going off the texas southern jersey.....not sure what his number was

ny06
05-31-2011, 02:46 PM

Stra? strictly going off the texas southern jersey.....not sure what his number was</P>

That's him, good job YA</P>

</P>

ny06
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Recognize this former Giant?</P>

College picture.</P>

http://i53.tinypic.com/110hnh5.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
05-31-2011, 03:01 PM

College picture.</P>

looks like Harry

ny06
05-31-2011, 03:02 PM

College picture.</P>

looks like Harry</P>

Correct. </P>

He could pass for Mean Joe Greene </P>

jints10
05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
What Giants running back played for 9 years retired for a year and came back and played for 3 more years?</P>

SEC105
05-31-2011, 04:50 PM
What Giants running back played for 9 years retired for a year and came back and played for 3 more years?</P>

</P>

Would it be this guy Jints10?</P>

http://216.117.181.169/art/team/football/b67.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
For ole no. 81......Andy</P>

http://www.nytstore.com/assets/images/extralarge/NSAP413_EXTR.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-31-2011, 05:14 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I love the way you answer in pics SEC105 yes it was Frank Gifford. Now Tiki is trying to pull a Giff. If only Tiki wasnt a weinie head he might have a shot with the Giants.</P>

SEC105
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I love the way you answer in pics SEC105 yes it was Frank Gifford. Now Tiki is trying to pull a Giff. If only Tiki wasnt a weinie head he might have a shot with the Giants.</P>

</P>

Tiki might had had a shot if not for his BIG yap......just could not keep it shut</P>

Frank was the snappier dresser also [;)]</P>

http://www.nytstore.com/assets/images/extralarge/NSAP1552_EXTR.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-31-2011, 05:39 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Tiki might had had a shot if not for his BIG yap......just could not keep it shut</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Lol he looks like Dracula</P>

SEC105
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Maybe this outfit does him alittle more justice lol</P>

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cosell-meredith-gifford.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-31-2011, 06:08 PM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Maybe this outfit does him alittle more justice lol</P>

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cosell-meredith-gifford.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Ah the 1970's ABC yellow blazer.......I hated Cosell</P>

jints10
05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Who dropped the sure TD pass that made Pat Summerall's long FG in the snow nessessary?

jints10
05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
For ole no. 81......Andy</P>

http://www.nytstore.com/assets/images/extralarge/NSAP413_EXTR.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

R.I.P. Andy, missed one game in 14 yrs.....a true Giant.</P>

rbcarpenter
05-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Who dropped the sure TD pass that made Pat Summerall's long FG in the snow nessessary?kyle rote?

jints10
06-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Who dropped the sure TD pass that made Pat Summerall's long FG in the snow nessessary?kyle rote?</P>

Good guess RBC but no not Rote.</P>

ny06
06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Who dropped the sure TD pass that made Pat Summerall's long FG in the snow nessessary?</P>

Alex Webster?</P>

jints10
06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Who dropped the sure TD pass that made Pat Summerall's long FG in the snow nessessary?</p>

Alex Webster?</p>
Nice job ny06, funny story Alex once told Pat that nobody ever would of heard of him if he didn't drop that pass never would have gotten his TV gig.

I used to go to Alex Webster's "The Stadium" over in Sea Girt. It was a kinda like piano bar and I got to shake his hand once even.

ny06
06-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Who dropped the sure TD pass that made Pat Summerall's long FG in the snow nessessary?</P>

Alex Webster?</P>

Nice job ny06, funny story Alex once told Pat that nobody ever would of heard of him if he didn't drop that pass never would have gotten his TV gig.

I used to go to Alex Webster's "The Stadium" over in Sea Girt. It was a kinda like piano bar and I got to shake his hand once even.
</P>

Nice [Y]</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5jRDome29Bs/S7m5cwRcbjI/AAAAAAAAA2M/xdtaCNRu91M/s1600/Webster_Alex1_Giants.jpg</P>

edit. What was Alex Webster's nickname?</P>

YATittle1962
06-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Alex Webster?</P>

</P>

Nice [Y]</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5jRDome29Bs/S7m5cwRcbjI/AAAAAAAAA2M/xdtaCNRu91M/s1600/Webster_Alex1_Giants.jpg</P>

big red

ny06
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Alex Webster?</P>

</P>

Nice [Y]</P>

big red</P>

correct. Good job [Y]</P>

NYG 5
06-01-2011, 11:37 PM
The Giants have a very poor playoff record when allowing their opponents more than 19 points. can you name their victories when they allow over 19 points?

YATittle1962
06-02-2011, 12:20 AM
The Giants have a very poor playoff record when allowing their opponents more than 19 points. can you name their victories when they allow over 19 points?

Eagles in '81 was a high scoring game....not sure of the exact score....

'86 SB

'90 SB...not over 19 but.....

'07 NFC championship

thats all I got..... :)

rbcarpenter
06-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Eagles in '81 was a high scoring game....not sure of the exact score.... '86 SB '90 SB...not over 19 but..... '07 NFC championship thats all I got..... :)i'm sure there had to be some in the 30's and 40's when they allowed more than 19....[*-)]

SweetZombieJesus
06-02-2011, 07:20 AM
i'm sure there had to be some in the 30's and 40's when they allowed more than 19....[*-)]

Obviously I had to look this up.

1927 (technically won by standing but they still had to win the game to win the title)
Giants 13 New York Yankees 0

1934 (The Sneaker Game)
Giants 30 Chicago Bears 13

Giants 23 Green Bay Packers 17

Giants 47 Chicago Bears 7

Giants 39 Denver Broncos 20

Giants 20 Buffalo Bills 19

Giants 17 New England Patriots 14

Let's see how they fared in their losses

Giants 21 Chicago Bears 23

Giants 7 Detroit Lions 26 (eeew we lost a championship to the Lions!)

Giants 0 Green Bay 27

Giants 9 Chicago Bears 37

Giants 7 Green Bay Packers 14

Giants 14 Chicago Bears 24

1958 (The Greatest Game Ever Played)
Giants 17 Baltimore Colts 23

Giants 16 Baltimore Colts 31

Giants 0 Green Bay Packers 37

Giants 7 Green Bay Packers 16

Giants 10 Chicago Bears 14

Giants 7 Baltimore Ravens 34

SEC105
06-02-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.chipsnstuff.com/NYGiants/Other%20Pics/NYDal02.JPG</P>

How many Giants can we name in this pic? and who was the Cowboy QB [not pictured]in this game?</P>

Z</P>

jomo
06-02-2011, 06:49 PM

How many Giants can we name in this pic? and who was the Cowboy QB [not pictured]in this game?</P>

Z</P>lol zim, do you think #40 for the Colts has much of a chance to block that thing? He needs a pair of lifts in his shoes!

SEC105
06-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Z</P>

</P>

lol Jomo.....he could have beenwearing these things and it would not have done him any good!!!</P>

http://www.ipgbook.com/interior/1595800085-Elton%20John%27s%20shoe.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
06-02-2011, 08:01 PM

Z</P>

lol zim, do you think #40 for the Colts has much of a chance to block that thing? He needs a pair of lifts in his shoes!</P>

lmao, jomo... the split second I saw the poic I thought, "WTF is he bothering to jump for." Maybe his girlfriend was at the game and he was impressing her.</P>

I'll sat 75 is Jim katkavage, 76 is Lohn LoVotere, and 66 is Jack Stroud. Can't think of 71. TheCowboy QB then was Dandy Don.</P>

zimonami
06-02-2011, 08:05 PM

Z</P>

lol zim, do you think #40 for the Colts has much of a chance to block that thing? He needs a pair of lifts in his shoes!</P>

lmao, jomo... the split second I saw the poic I thought, "WTF is he bothering to jump for." Maybe his girlfriend was at the game and he was impressing her.</P>

I'll sat 75 is Jim katkavage, 76 is Lohn LoVotere, and 66 is Jack Stroud. Can't think of 71. TheCowboy QB then was Dandy Don.</P>

</P>

I just saw the whole pic. Is that Aaron Thomas #88, kicking??? Joe Morrison holding.</P>

rbcarpenter
06-03-2011, 01:12 AM

Z</P>i'll say the cowboys qb was eddie lebaron...isn't this the game he hit the crossbar with a pass for a safety?

YATittle1962
06-03-2011, 01:29 AM

How many Giants can we name in this pic?* and who was the Cowboy QB [not pictured]*in this game?</P>

Z</P>

lmao, jomo... the split second I saw the poic I thought, "WTF is he bothering to jump for."* Maybe his girlfriend was at the game and he was impressing her.</P>

I'll sat 75 is Jim katkavage, 76 is Lohn LoVotere, and 66 is Jack Stroud. Can't think of 71. The*Cowboy QB then was Dandy Don.</P>

</P>

I just saw the whole pic. Is that Aaron Thomas #88, kicking??? Joe Morrison holding.</P>
that sure as hell looks like Summerall kicking and Conerly holding........Huff out there blocking

could it be?

would have to be 60 or 61

firstgamein49
06-03-2011, 09:13 AM
YA-don't understand your "would have to be 60 or 61" are you talking about Huff? He was number 70 and is blocking on the right.

ny06
06-03-2011, 09:20 AM
YA-don't understand your "would have to be 60 or 61" are you talking about Huff? He was number 70 and is blocking on the right.
</P>

He's talking about the year. </P>

zimonami
06-03-2011, 06:43 PM

Z</P>

</P>

that sure as hell looks like Summerall kicking and Conerly holding........Huff out there blocking could it be? would have to be 60 or 61</P>

Of course it's Summerall and Conerly. I put the year at about '64, which was my original mistake. Aaron was our #88 in '64, and the fact that he didn't kick extra Pts , so it had to be Summerall and an earlier year than '64, never crossed my pea brain.</P>

allentown PA
06-03-2011, 10:37 PM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and it was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.

zimonami
06-03-2011, 11:20 PM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and its was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.</P>

Dan Lloyd, '76-'79. Cancer cut his career short.</P>

I like McGriggs, too.</P>

rbcarpenter
06-03-2011, 11:30 PM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and its was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.for me it was both mcafferey and jurevicius.

allentown PA
06-04-2011, 12:33 AM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and its was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.for me it was both mcafferey and jurevicius.

I liked those two as well....a return guy who I liked that didnt last long was willie ponder.

jmike
06-04-2011, 02:50 AM

I liked those two as well....a return guy who I liked that didnt last long was willie ponder.

this guy...

http://www.giants.com/images/content/photos/03_0828_33.jpg

giantsfan39
06-04-2011, 12:00 PM

this guy...

Really nice uniform. Can we bring those back?

Roswell777
06-04-2011, 12:30 PM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and its was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.</p>

Dan Lloyd, '76-'79. Cancer cut his career short.</p>

I like McGriggs, too.</p>

Great answer. Dan Lloyd.

rbcarpenter
06-04-2011, 01:40 PM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and its was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.for me it was both mcafferey and jurevicius. I liked those two as well....a return guy who I liked that didnt last long was willie ponder.

this guy...

Really nice uniform. Can we bring those back?gary downs?liked him too.

zimonami
06-04-2011, 02:28 PM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and it was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.</P>

I'm hoping that in 10 years we aren't adding Victor Cruz to this list.</P>

Anyone remember Clifford Chatman? I've mentioned him before. 1981, 4th round from Central Oklahoma. He was so dumb he failed out of Oklahoma!!! Do you realize how hard that is to do for a football player? Anyways, I had big hopes for him... reminded me a bit of Herschel. He missed a blocking audible from Simms in a preseason game and Phil nearly got killed. I heard that he couldn't remember a play... Phil had to tell him what holehe was supposed to run to. hahaha. Parcells wouldn't play him. He got about 20 carries in 1982 and they gave up on him. What a waste.</P>

</P>

zimonami
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Who was our biggest 1st round disappointment?</P>

I'm struggling to separate Rocky Thomson, Derek Brown, and Cedric Jones.</P>

allentown PA
06-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Who was our biggest 1st round disappointment?</P>

I'm struggling to separate Rocky Thomson, Derek Brown, and Cedric Jones.</P>

Kenny Phillips...jk...I have to go with william joseph or Jarrod bunch although I was a fan of Bunch.

allentown PA
06-04-2011, 02:49 PM
A buddy of mine asked me this question the other day and its was a good one....Who was a giant player that u really liked, but they were never that good for us???? For me it was Lamar McGriggs.for me it was both mcafferey and jurevicius. I liked those two as well....a return guy who I liked that didnt last long was willie ponder.

this guy...

Really nice uniform. Can we bring those back?gary downs?liked him too.

I think thats delvin joyce but I liked downs too.

rbcarpenter
06-04-2011, 04:07 PM

this guy...

Really nice uniform. Can we bring those back?gary downs?liked him too. I think thats delvin joyce but I liked downs too.whoops! my bad.yeah,joyce was ok...didn't he return a ko for a tdagainst the steelers in 2004?

NYG 5
06-04-2011, 08:12 PM

this guy...

Really nice uniform. Can we bring those back?gary downs?liked him too. I think thats delvin joyce but I liked downs too.whoops! my bad.yeah,joyce was ok...didn't he return a ko for a tdagainst the steelers in 2004?

nah that was either derrick ward or willie ponder who had that kick return. but he had the big 50 yard return against the 49ers in 2002 to setup the possible comeback kill that never happened...

jmike
06-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Who was our biggest 1st round disappointment?</p>

I'm struggling to separate Rocky Thomson, Derek Brown, and Cedric Jones.</p>

Disappointment is a hard one, because 1st it would require an expectation. Now I am a big fan of all of the Giants' 1st round picks, but it doesn't mean I always have high expectations of them. Off the top of my head that eliminates both Wheatley and Dayne as both turned out to be much better than I expected. Staying with RB Hampton was about as good as I expected and the 1st draft I remember, so not him. Prince, JPP, Nicks and Phillips are all too early in their careers to qualify.

Shockey was a disappointment, but in a different way. Will Allen was almost as good as expected, so disappointment? sure, but can't be the biggest. Luke was much better than I originally thought he'd be. Thomas Lewis was another I didn't think much of in the 1st place and he didn't disappoint. Ike was the best WR taken in that 1st round and a darn good player but a slight disappointment. Eli (yes technically not a Giants draft pick) while isn't a hall of fame candidate is a darn good QB. Kiwi is a disappointment due to injuries and too many great guys in front of him but has performed as expected when out on the field. And Aaron Ross was a pick I did not like, but hoped for the best, only thing I liked was he was a good PR and they never used him there. So...that leaves me with...

Bunch
Derek Brown
Dave Brown (what are the odds of drafting 2 consecutive 1st round busts with the same last name and 1st initial?)
Cedric Jones
Shaun Williams
William Joseph

Bunch I loved and when healthy was a top FB both blocking and running. Hard for me to tag a guy just for getting himself hurt when there are other very worthy candidates. Jones may be due to place in the draft, but he wasn't terrible player and if he was a 5th round pick people would have been very happy with him. My knee jerk would be Williams, I thought he would be the next great safety (now I pin my hopes on KP), but while a disappointment he was a serviceable player. That leaves me with the Browns....hmmm...hard.

Dave at least did something, while mostly bad, he did provide something to the team. Derek was about as useful as mat they scrape their cleats on before they go in the locker room. High 1st round pick and even if you had low expectations of him, he managed to not even achieve those. So the gold star for useless disappoint that meets the level on the drunk uncle who's been unemployed or 25 years and always knocks over the buffet at BBQs.....I give you.....DEREK BROWN

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nfl.draft.busts/images/gallery_brown.jpg

Roswell777
06-05-2011, 05:28 AM
If we are including supplemental picks as a first round pick, for my money, it was Dave Brown. The man literally took the fun out of watching Giant games for me.

It seemed like he threw an interception for a touchdown every game. To me, he was unwatchable. Poor Dan Reeves. I thought he was a good coach saddled with a brutal QB.

When he had Simms the team was excellent. With Brown at the helm...man, I had no faith in them.