PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

NYG 5
07-01-2011, 06:13 PM
2003 was hammer's last year

YATittle1962
07-01-2011, 06:34 PM
in 1977 6 Giant TD passes were thrown....

Joe the Pea shooter threw 4 of them......

who threw the other 2?

go from memory here if you can

zimonami
07-01-2011, 06:48 PM
in 1977 6 Giant TD passes were thrown.... Joe the Pea shooter threw 4 of them...... who threw the other 2? go from memory here if you can</P>

Randy Dean and Jerry Golsteyn were rookie QB's. I think Golsteyn played and Dean didn't... so, it has to ne Jerry.</P>

Mercifully we were past the Craig Morton times in '77. Our 3 QB's weren't great, but they weren't a Cowboy retread either. Never liked Morton's roots.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
07-01-2011, 06:58 PM
in 1977 6 Giant TD passes were thrown.... Joe the Pea shooter threw 4 of them...... who threw the other 2? go from memory here if you can</P>

Randy Dean and Jerry Golsteyn were rookie QB's.* I think Golsteyn played and Dean didn't... so, it has to ne Jerry.</P>

Mercifully we were past the Craig Morton times in '77.* Our 3 QB's weren't great, but they weren't a Cowboy retread either. Never liked Morton's roots.</P>

*</P>

right on Zim

....and I was never a big Morton lover either.....

he was decent in '75...and we won a few more games.....but ....eh

jomo
07-02-2011, 12:42 AM

Randy Dean and Jerry Golsteyn were rookie QB's. I think Golsteyn played and Dean didn't... so, it has to ne Jerry.</P>

Mercifully we were past the Craig Morton times in '77. Our 3 QB's weren't great, but they weren't a Cowboy retread either. Never liked Morton's roots.</P>

</P> right on Zim ....and I was never a big Morton lover either..... he was decent in '75...and we won a few more games.....but ....ehMorton was marginal but weonly had to give upa draft pick for him. Oh wait, that pick turned into Randy White!!!!!!!!!! [:'(]

zimonami
07-02-2011, 01:31 AM

</P>

right on Zim ....and I was never a big Morton lover either..... he was decent in '75...and we won a few more games.....but ....ehMorton was marginal but weonly had to give upa draft pick for him. Oh wait, that pick turned into Randy White!!!!!!!!!! [:'(]</P>

hahahaha... there's no assurance we would have drafted Randy... our drafting record was spotty in those days before George Young.</P>

jomo
07-02-2011, 01:39 AM

</P>

right on Zim ....and I was never a big Morton lover either..... he was decent in '75...and we won a few more games.....but ....ehMorton was marginal but weonly had to give upa draft pick for him. Oh wait, that pick turned into Randy White!!!!!!!!!! [:'(]</P>

hahahaha... there's no assurance we would have drafted Randy... our drafting record was spotty in those days before George Young.</P>Agree completely Zim. There is very little chance that we would have taken White.

rbcarpenter
07-02-2011, 04:47 AM

</P>

hahahaha... there's no assurance we would have drafted Randy... our drafting record was spotty in those days before George Young.</P>Agree completely Zim. There is very little chance that we would have taken White.but if we had...could you have imagined the manster and troy archer at both dt slots?!?[8-|]

jomo
07-02-2011, 10:06 AM

</P>

hahahaha... there's no assurance we would have drafted Randy... our drafting record was spotty in those days before George Young.</P>Agree completely Zim. There is very little chance that we would have taken White.but if we had...could you have imagined the manster and troy archer at both dt slots?!?[8-|][:D]

zimonami
07-02-2011, 11:49 AM

</P>

hahahaha... there's no assurance we would have drafted Randy... our drafting record was spotty in those days before George Young.</P>

Agree completely Zim. There is very little chance that we would have taken White.but if we had...could you have imagined the manster and troy archer at both dt slots?!?[8-|][:D]</P>

Yeah... like Mendenhall, Archer had the constant motor... never give up... relentless. How sad we never had the chance to watch him develop.</P>

rbcarpenter
07-05-2011, 05:49 PM
must....have....trivia......help!</P>

</P>

lawl
07-05-2011, 06:00 PM
This is probably easy, but-

What WR was robbed at gunpoint in 2008

YATittle1962
07-05-2011, 06:03 PM
since 1970.....

how many TE lead the Giants in receiving ?

and in how many Giants seasons did a TE lead in receiving ?

YATittle1962
07-05-2011, 06:03 PM

was it Smith?

lawl
07-05-2011, 06:06 PM

was it Smith?

Yup, just shortly before ?this? WR shot himself in the leg.

Kidding on that question hah.

rbcarpenter
07-05-2011, 06:39 PM
since 1970..... how many TE lead the Giants in receiving ? and in how many Giants seasons did a TE lead in receiving ?know bavaro led in 1986 with 66 catches for 1001 yards,but that's all i remember.

zimonami
07-05-2011, 06:44 PM
since 1970..... how many TE lead the Giants in receiving ? and in how many Giants seasons did a TE lead in receiving ?know bavaro led in 1986 with 66 catches for 1001 yards,but that's all i remember.</P>

yeah, Bavaro did it '86 and ''87</P>

Bob Tucker did it 3 years in a row in early 70's.</P>

Shockey did it at least 1 X</P>

That's 3 TE'[s and 6 seasonsso far, and I'm pretty sure there are others.</P>

zimonami
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Back to 2000</P>

Who was the only player with a TD on a Kick Return?</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

Tiki fielded 39 of 40 punts. Who caught the other one?</P>

jomo
07-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Back to 2000</P>

*</P>

and</P>

*</P>

Tiki fielded 39 of 40 punts. Who caught the other one?</P>Did Ike Hilliard have the other punt return?

zimonami
07-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

Did Ike Hilliard have the other punt return?</P>

NOT Ike</P>

zimonami
07-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Where is jmike these days?</P>

YO!!! J MIKE!!!</P>

SweetZombieJesus
07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
must....have....trivia......help!</p>

</p>

Talking about the Parcells era is tongue twisting because we have two Bills, Parcells and Belichick.

However, Bill Parcells is not really named Bill. What's his actual name?

Where did he grow up?

rbcarpenter
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
i think he's from montclair,nj...sure about nj,not so much on montclair...real name?no idea.[:)]

rbcarpenter
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>i know it was someone we wouldn't expect,feilded a real short one(was the last blocker before the return man)...a te or rb...

jints10
07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

i know it was someone we wouldn't expect,feilded a real short one(was the last blocker before the return man)...a te or rb...</P>

I think Seahorn had an onsides return vs Jags?</P>

</P>

SweetZombieJesus
07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
i think he's from montclair,nj...sure about nj,not so much on montclair...real name?no idea.[:)]

Nope, not Montclair.

I'll answer it in the morning if nobody's gotten it yet.

Well, I don't think anybody will get Bill's real name because he's never referred to that way. It's Duane Charles Parcells.

zimonami
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

i know it was someone we wouldn't expect,feilded a real short one(was the last blocker before the return man)...a te or rb...</P>

</P>

WTG, jints... it was Sehorn... </P>

Remember that critically badexperiment to have Sehorn return KO's? Bonehead</P>

</P>

NYG 5
07-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Back to 2000</p>

Who was the only player with a TD on a Kick Return?</p>

</p>

and</p>

</p>

Tiki fielded 39 of 40 punts. Who caught the other one?</p>

Did Ike Hilliard have the other punt return?</p>

NOT Ike</p>

i know it was someone we wouldn't expect,feilded a real short one(was the last blocker before the return man)...a te or rb...</p>

I think Seahorn had an onsides return vs Jags?</p>

</p>

WTG, jints... it was Sehorn... </p>

Remember that critically badexperiment to have Sehorn return KO's? Bonehead</p>

</p>

yeah but come on, how many career ending injuries happen out of the billion kicks that are felded every year? it was just cruel fate

zimonami
07-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

yeah but come on, how many career ending injuries happen out of the billion kicks that are felded every year? it was just cruel fate
</P>

true,,, but, why tempt fate with one of your very best defensive backsagainst known kamikaze's? How many teams exposea top playerto KO returns?</P>

jomo
07-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

true,,, but, why tempt fate with one of your very best defensive backsagainst known kamikaze's? How many teams exposea top playerto KO returns?</P>So who returned that other punt?

zimonami
07-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

true,,, but, why tempt fate with one of your very best defensive backsagainst known kamikaze's? How many teams exposea top playerto KO returns?</P>

So who returned that other punt?</P>

Greg Comella</P>

jomo
07-06-2011, 01:12 AM
[:D]

Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Greg Comella</P>Was the return for 1 or 2 yards? [:D]

zimonami
07-06-2011, 01:22 AM

Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Greg Comella</P>

Was the return for 1 or 2 yards? [:D]</P>

Oh, ye of little faith.</P>

Actually, it was for 0 yds... doesn't say if it was a fair catch or if he was nailed on the spot.</P>

</P>

jomo
07-06-2011, 01:32 AM

Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Greg Comella</P>

Actually, it was for 0 yds... doesn't say if it was a fair catch or if he was nailed on the spot.</P>

</P>Since there are no details I can make this one up. Comella makes the catch cleanly then takes 2 seconds to get his feet moving. Since agility was not one of his greatest attributes, he squares his shoulders and prepares to run north. He engages 6 defenders coming hard in a southerly direction. Having great lower body strenght and huge shoulders, Greg holds the six defenders to a draw and no YAC. Typical workman like performance for Comella. [;)]

zimonami
07-06-2011, 01:47 AM

Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Greg Comella</P>

</P>

Since there are no details I can make this one up. Comella makes the catch cleanly then takes 2 seconds to get his feet moving. Since agility was not one of his greatest attributes, he squares his shoulders and prepares to run north. He engages 6 defenders coming hard in a southerly direction. Having great lower body strenght and huge shoulders, Greg holds the six defenders to a draw and no YAC. Typical workman like performance for Comella. [;)]</P>

hahaha. I can't even imagine why he was back for a punt. You're right about the 2 seconds, and a quick start is important for the job. Surely we had someone slicker than greg.</P>

zimonami
07-06-2011, 01:47 AM

Back to 2000</P>

</P>

and</P>

</P>

NOT Ike</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Greg Comella</P>

</P>

Since there are no details I can make this one up. Comella makes the catch cleanly then takes 2 seconds to get his feet moving. Since agility was not one of his greatest attributes, he squares his shoulders and prepares to run north. He engages 6 defenders coming hard in a southerly direction. Having great lower body strenght and huge shoulders, Greg holds the six defenders to a draw and no YAC. Typical workman like performance for Comella. [;)]</P>

hahaha. I can't even imagine why he was back for a punt. You're right about the 2 seconds, and a quick start is important for the job. Surely we had someone slicker than greg.</P>

GCGiant
07-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Congrats, YA. This is the longest thread that I personally have seen or been a part-of.

I am proud to say that I was around when the thread first started.

Wow!

SweetZombieJesus
07-06-2011, 08:49 AM

Nope, not Montclair.

Well, I don't think anybody will get Bill's real name because he's never referred to that way. It's Duane Charles Parcells.

Since nobody's nibbling, it's Oradell (with earlier stops in Englewood and Hasbrouck Heights.

zimonami
07-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Nope, not Montclair.

Since nobody's nibbling, it's Oradell (with earlier stops in Englewood and Hasbrouck Heights.
</P>

I knew it was in that area...lol. A jersey boy through and through.</P>

Didn't know Duane. Bill will do.</P>

YATittle1962
07-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Congrats, YA. This is the longest thread that I personally have seen or been a part-of.

I am proud to say that I was around when the thread first started.

Wow!

yeah bro its pretty cool........I never dreamed it would last 2 years ....

some of the coolest cats on the planet congregate here.......

SEC105
07-06-2011, 11:48 AM
In this pic of a Mike Holmgren coached team......there 5 coaches [at least]who went on to HC jobs. Can you name them?. One is a former Giant player</P>

http://www.nologoneeded.com/.a/6a00e5538b9f7a88330120a755bd9d970b-450wi</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-06-2011, 12:00 PM
In this pic of a Mike Holmgren coached team......there 5 coaches [at least]who went on to HC jobs. Can you name them?. One is a former Giant player</P>

Z</P>

</P>

cool.</P>

I believe I see Andy Reid standing at the bottom of the steps, and John Gruden standing at the top of the stairs. I recognize many others, but can't remember their names... arggghhh. </P>

zimonami
07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Congrats, YA. This is the longest thread that I personally have seen or been a part-of. I am proud to say that I was around when the thread first started. Wow! yeah bro its pretty cool........I never dreamed it would last 2 years .... some of the coolest cats on the planet congregate here.......</P>

yeah... coming up on 2 million views. Wow. One of the top threads of all times!!!</P>

Thanks again, YA, for starting this. As you know it was my sanity there for awhile. Hahahaha... it still is.</P>

Prospects of a preseason game? Grim? As soon as they get their act together and we know something, we'll see if we can get a preseason game for tailgating.</P>

YATittle1962
07-06-2011, 01:54 PM
In this pic of a Mike Holmgren coached team......there 5 coaches [at least]*who went on to HC jobs. Can you name them?. One is a former Giant player</P>

Z</P>

</P>

cool.</P>

I believe I see Andy Reid standing at the bottom of the steps, and John Gruden standing at the top of the stairs. I recognize many others, but can't remember their names... arggghhh.* </P>

Mariucci is in there

rbcarpenter
07-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Congrats, YA. This is the longest thread that I personally have seen or been a part-of. I am proud to say that I was around when the thread first started. Wow! yeah bro its pretty cool........I never dreamed it would last 2 years .... some of the coolest cats on the planet congregate here.......</P>

yeah... coming up on 2 million views. Wow. One of the top threads of all times!!!</P>

Thanks again, YA, for starting this. As you know it was my sanity there for awhile. Hahahaha... it still is.</P>

Prospects of a preseason game? Grim? As soon as they get their act together and we know something, we'll see if we can get a preseason game for tailgating.</P>i'm still up for a preseason game,if they have them,just let me know which one...i'll probably bring karen again![:)]

SEC105
07-06-2011, 05:12 PM

Z</P>

</P>

cool.</P>

I believe I see Andy Reid standing at the bottom of the steps, and John Gruden standing at the top of the stairs. I recognize many others, but can't remember their names... arggghhh. </P>

Mariucci is in there</P>

Thats three of the 5 ........Andy Reid , SteveMariucci and John Gruden [a/k/a "Chucky][:D]</P>

Hint: One of the guys standing to the right of Holmgren is the former Giant and the last guy has been mentioned as a succesor to TC in recent years</P>

Heeeeeres Chucky lol</P>

http://media.cleveland.com/startingblocks/photo/jon-gruden-apjpg-a748da602b866d41.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
In what "epic" game did Rodney Hampton go over the 1000 yard mark for the 3rd consecutive season?</P>

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/01/450x369-alg_hampton_then-2.jpg</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
07-06-2011, 07:26 PM
In what "epic" game did Rodney Hampton go over the 1000 yard mark for the 3rd consecutive* season?</P>

Z</P>

was it the 93 season finale against dallas?

allentown PA
07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
In this pic of a Mike Holmgren coached team......there 5 coaches [at least]*who went on to HC jobs. Can you name them?. One is a former Giant player</P>

Z</P>

</P>

cool.</P>

I believe I see Andy Reid standing at the bottom of the steps, and John Gruden standing at the top of the stairs. I recognize many others, but can't remember their names... arggghhh.* </P>

Mariucci is in there</P>

Thats three of the 5 ........Andy Reid , SteveMariucci* and John Gruden [a/k/a* "Chucky][:D]</P>

Hint: One of the guys standing to the right of Holmgren is the former Giant and the last guy has been mentioned as a succesor to TC in recent years</P>

Heeeeeres Chucky** lol</P>

http://media.cleveland.com/startingblocks/photo/jon-gruden-apjpg-a748da602b866d41.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Is Ray Rhodes in there???

jomo
07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Congrats, YA. This is the longest thread that I personally have seen or been a part-of. I am proud to say that I was around when the thread first started. Wow! yeah bro its pretty cool........I never dreamed it would last 2 years .... some of the coolest cats on the planet congregate here.......Thanks YA for creating this amazing space within the Giants message board. I went back to see who posted on the first page of this thread. I can't tell you how much I wish I was there but sadly I wasn't. Here is the group who got it going, in this order on the first page:</P>

YA</P>

NYC Sportzfan</P>

BlueBlitzer</P>

RIGIANTSFan1</P>

YA</P>

BlueBlitzer</P>

Wheels(only 91 posts where is he/she)</P>

BookieBolin (only 13 posts but he chose his spots carefully)</P>

Zimonami (a fixture and leader here)</P>

BookieBolin(he used his 13 posts wisely)</P>

Zimonami</P>

BookieBolin(come back BB!)</P>

YA (aka the man)</P>

Zimonami</P>

Thanks to all of you, and especially YA for being there when it all got rolling. [B] </P>

zimonami
07-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Congrats, YA. This is the longest thread that I personally have seen or been a part-of. I am proud to say that I was around when the thread first started. Wow! yeah bro its pretty cool........I never dreamed it would last 2 years .... some of the coolest cats on the planet congregate here.......Thanks YA for creating this amazing space within the Giants message board. I went back to see who posted on the first page of this thread. I can't tell you how much I wish I was there but sadly I wasn't. Here is the group who got it going, in this order on the first page:</P>

YA</P>

NYC Sportzfan</P>

BlueBlitzer</P>

RIGIANTSFan1</P>

YA</P>

BlueBlitzer</P>

Wheels(only 91 posts where is he/she)</P>

BookieBolin (only 13 posts but he chose his spots carefully)</P>

Zimonami (a fixture and leader here)</P>

BookieBolin(he used his 13 posts wisely)</P>

Zimonami</P>

BookieBolin(come back BB!)</P>

YA (aka the man)</P>

Zimonami</P>

Thanks to all of you, and especially YA for being there when it all got rolling. [B] </P>

</P>

I never realized BookieBolin only ever made 13 posts. He asked an Ernie Wheelwright question from the 60's... so, he had to have some old Giant Knowledge...</P>

Where are you Bookie??</P>

What discouraged him from coming back?</P>

it's been a great time coming on here most days... and the peeps who come here often are the best...</P>

TY, YA!!</P>

Roswell777
07-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey guys.....(and gals)....

Which number is higher?

Phil Simms rushing TDs or Homer Jones fumbles?

And by how many.....

YATittle1962
07-06-2011, 10:00 PM

Which number is higher?

And by how many.....

wow

good one......

I think Phil only had 5 or 6 rushing TDs......not sure how many fumbles Homer had.....

Ill guess Homer had more fumbles by 1

?

Z

ny06
07-06-2011, 10:22 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I see Ray Rhodes, **** Jauron, Mariucci, Gruden, Reid</P>

zimonami
07-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Which number is higher?

And by how many.....
</P>

Great question, Ros... Neither event happened often. I'll guess that Phil scored 1 more rushing TD than Homer had fumbles.</P>

jints10
07-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Its funny just before I opened "DYK" today I thought to myself 1.9 million views WOWand there is a discussion about it. Proud to feel like a part of it......I think I started around page 34. Kudos YA.</P>

Great stories, questions, and pics right here.....good times!</P>

jints10
07-07-2011, 08:09 AM
I'lltake a stab at the Phil Simms Homer Jones question and say Simms had more TDs than Homer fumbles by 2 (only cuz it seems to be unlikely)

SEC105
07-07-2011, 11:58 AM

Z</P>

</P>

I see Ray Rhodes, **** Jauron, Mariucci, Gruden, Reid</P>

</P>

You and Allentown closed it out......nice job surprised no one picked **** Jauron right off the bat</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll guess Homer had more fumbles than Phil had TD's..........he did touch the ball alot is my reasoning</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/060/933/Homer-Jones--1964-1969--new-york-giants-715648_181_250_display_image.jpg?1309398170</P>

Z</P>

ny06
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
R.I.P </P>

John Mackey</P>

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/football/nfl/07/07/john-mackey-death.ap/john-mackey.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
R.I.P </P>

John Mackey</P>

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/football/nfl/07/07/john-mackey-death.ap/john-mackey.jpg</P>

best TE to ever play the game.....and he played it the right way on every snap....

rest easy big 88

ny06
07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Can you name these former Giants?</P>

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/03/05/giants_ziegler_ap/t1_zeigler_ap_01.jpg</P>

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/169477/thumbs/s-JARVIS-WILLIAMS-DEAD-DEATH-DIED-DIES-HEART-ATTACK-large.jpg</P>

http://i51.tinypic.com/29o3a01.jpg</P>

http://i53.tinypic.com/ape8uw.jpg</P>

rbcarpenter
07-07-2011, 03:33 PM
parker,madison,brooks or croll,dryer.

ny06
07-07-2011, 03:36 PM
parker,madison,brooks or croll,dryer.</P>

Correct on Brooks and Dryer. </P>

Good guesses on the other two. But not them. </P>

rbcarpenter
07-07-2011, 04:10 PM

Good guesses on the other two. But not them. </P>zeigler and will allen?

SEC105
07-07-2011, 05:29 PM
In what "epic" game did Rodney Hampton go over the 1000 yard mark for the 3rd consecutive season?</P>

Z</P>

was it the 93 season finale against dallas?</P>

That was it AT....kinda went unnoticed with the heartbreak that day. Rodney was agreat RunningBack</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
R.I.P </P>

John Mackey</P>

best TE to ever play the game.....and he played it the right way on every snap.... rest easy big 88</P>

He sure did play it right......also first president of the NFLPA. The game owes alot to the Man</P>

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videobeta/?watchId=0bb381ad-2243-426d-adad-d37d8bdc3a05</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
R.I.P </P>

John Mackey</P>

best TE to ever play the game.....and he played it the right way on every snap.... rest easy big 88</P>

He sure did play it right......also first president of the NFLPA. The game owes alot to the Man</P>

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videobeta/?watchId=0bb381ad-2243-426d-adad-d37d8bdc3a05</P>

edit: click on his highlights just to the right after opening this link</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-07-2011, 05:41 PM

zeigler and will allen?</P>

Pretty sure thats Dusty Zeigler RBC.....not sure on Will Allen</P>

Z</P>

</P>

allentown PA
07-07-2011, 11:36 PM
In 1999 Jesse Armstead lead the Giants in sacks....Who had the most sacks for a D-linemen that year?

ny06
07-07-2011, 11:38 PM

Correct on Zeigler, sorry not Allen. </P>

It's Jarvis Williams. </P>

ny06
07-07-2011, 11:39 PM
In 1999 Jesse Armstead lead the Giants in sacks....Who had the most sacks for a D-linemen that year?</P>

Reggie White?</P>

allentown PA
07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
In 1999 Jesse Armstead lead the Giants in sacks....Who had the most sacks for a D-linemen that year?</P>

Reggie White?</P>

I meant on the giants...I should have worded the question better...sorry

zimonami
07-08-2011, 12:14 AM

Reggie White?</P>

I meant on the giants...I should have worded the question better...sorry</P>

Hamilton?</P>

</P>

allentown PA
07-08-2011, 12:15 AM

Reggie White?</P>

Hamilton?</P>

*</P>

nope but good guess

VegasGmen
07-08-2011, 12:32 AM
In 1999 Jesse Armstead lead the Giants in sacks....Who had the most sacks for a D-linemen that year?
Strahan

allentown PA
07-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Strahan

nope..but good guess...I was suprised to see it wasnt him.

rbcarpenter
07-08-2011, 12:45 AM

It's Jarvis Williams. </P>wow,my memory is shot today...who the hell is jarvis williams?!?

allentown PA
07-08-2011, 12:53 AM

It's Jarvis Williams. </P>wow,my memory is shot today...who the hell is jarvis williams?!?

He was a safety for the Dolphins in the 90's...I forgot we had him for a season.

ny06
07-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Reggie White?</P>

Robert Harris?</P>

zimonami
07-08-2011, 10:58 AM

Reggie White?</P>

Robert Harris?</P>

</P>

I forgot about Harris.... we spoke of him recently... he was solid for us.</P>

Good guess</P>

allentown PA
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Reggie White?</P>

Robert Harris?</P>

</P>

Good guess</P>

nope but good try though...it was Cedric Jones. I was never a big fan of his...always thought he was a bust...but he had 7.5 sacks that year to lead the giants D-linemen

Roswell777
07-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Which number is higher?

And by how many.....

wow

good one......

I think Phil only had 5 or 6 rushing TDs......not sure how many fumbles Homer had.....

Ill guess Homer had more fumbles by 1

?

Z

Right on the TDs. (6)

Roswell777
07-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Which number is higher?

And by how many.....
</p>

Great question, Ros... Neither event happened often. I'll guess that Phil scored 1 more rushing TD than Homer had fumbles.</p>

Exactomundo on the ratio. Phil had 6 rushing TDs. Homer J 5 fumbles.

zimonami
07-08-2011, 07:52 PM

Reggie White?</P>

Robert Harris?</P>

</P>

Good guess</P>

nope but good try though...it was Cedric Jones. I was never a big fan of his...always thought he was a bust...but he had 7.5 sacks that year to lead the giants D-linemen</P>

This fact blows me away. I only remember Cedric as a bust, too. Eye, eye, eye.</P>

YATittle1962
07-08-2011, 08:23 PM
in honor of Kerry Collins retiring.....

which of his Giant teammates jersey number is the same as the number of TDs he threw as a Giant?

zimonami
07-08-2011, 09:27 PM
in honor of Kerry Collins retiring..... which of his Giant teammates jersey number is the same as the number of TDs he threw as a Giant?</P>

This is tough... in his 5 years with us, I'll say he averaged 15 TD's a season = 75, but he had a good 2000 season... so, I'll say he got up to 80 or 81 TD's... which would be Shockey or Toomer.</P>

ny06
07-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Name this player.</P>

http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/holmes-kenny.jpg</P>

allentown PA
07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Name this player.</P>

http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/holmes-kenny.jpg</P>

kenny holmes i think...can recall another number 90

ny06
07-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Name this player.</P>

kenny holmes i think...can recall another number 90</P>

You got it, good job. </P>

I liked him, the year we got him in free agency I was hoping for Simeon Rice. Rice was a free agent that season and I thought teaming him up with Strahan would have been scary for opposing qb's. </P>

allentown PA
07-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Name this player.</P>

I liked him, the year we got him in free agency I was hoping for Simeon Rice. Rice was a free agent that season and I thought teaming him up with Strahan would have been scary for opposing qb's. </P>

that's rite...I was the same way that offseason in regards to wanting Rice. Holmes had some decent seasons with the titans before coming here, I wish he would have been better for us.

YATittle1962
07-08-2011, 11:36 PM
in honor of Kerry Collins retiring..... which of his Giant teammates jersey number is the same as the number of TDs he threw as a Giant?</P>

This is tough... in his 5 years with us, I'll say he averaged 15 TD's a season = 75, but he had a good 2000 season... so, I'll say he got up to 80 or 81 TD's... which would be Shockey or Toomer.</P>

Toomer it is.....

I always had a love hate thing for Kerry

I think he is the only Giant QB I ever saw play one of the best games Id ever seen followed by one of the worst games I had ever seen any QB play

you know the two I speak of im sure

Martyr
07-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Name this player.</P>

that's rite...I was the same way that offseason in regards to wanting Rice. Holmes had some decent seasons with the titans before coming here, I wish he would have been better for us.</P>

</P>

I thought he was more of a product of playing theright of Kearse. imo [:)]</P>

allentown PA
07-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Name this player.</P>

good point

that's rite...I was the same way that offseason in regards to wanting Rice. Holmes had some decent seasons with the titans before coming here, I wish he would have been better for us.</P>

*</P>

I thought he was more of a product of playing the*right of Kearse. imo [:)]</P>

good point

zimonami
07-08-2011, 11:54 PM

Toomer it is..... I always had a love hate thing for Kerry I think he is the only Giant QB I ever saw play one of the best games Id ever seen followed by one of the worst games I had ever seen any QB play you know the two I speak of im sure</P>

Kerry had the arm and a decently strong body to take hits and he was a nice story, recovering and getting a fresh chance... but, he couldn't read a defense, which is what killed him in the SB... he didn't have a clue, and neither did our coaches. Who woulda guessed, after the Minny slaughter?</P>

NYG 5
07-09-2011, 03:26 AM
Bingo. Collins couldnt read a defense until late 2001. And then 2 years later he was sent to oakland, where players go to die

rbcarpenter
07-09-2011, 04:22 AM

Toomer it is..... I always had a love hate thing for Kerry I think he is the only Giant QB I ever saw play one of the best games Id ever seen followed by one of the worst games I had ever seen any QB play you know the two I speak of im sure</P>

Kerry had the arm and a decently strong body to take hits and he was a nice story, recovering and getting a fresh chance... but, he couldn't read a defense, which is what killed him in the SB... he didn't have a clue, and neither did our coaches. Who woulda guessed, after the Minny slaughter?</P>c'mon,guys,let's cut him just a little break for the super bowl...he played most of it with a seperated throwing shoulder.not trying to cover for him,but we should take that into account.[:|]

zimonami
07-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Kerry had the arm and a decently strong body to take hits and he was a nice story, recovering and getting a fresh chance... but, he couldn't read a defense, which is what killed him in the SB... he didn't have a clue, and neither did our coaches. Who woulda guessed, after the Minny slaughter?</P>

c'mon,guys,let's cut him just a little break for the super bowl...he played most of it with a seperated throwing shoulder.not trying to cover for him,but we should take that into account.[:|]</P>

I'm really getting too old for this. I think my brain must have atrophied to a peanut size... I do NOT remember, even vaguely, that Kerry seperated his shoulder in that game. I must be crazy, rbc, but this is the first I've heard that. I musta been on vacation in China, or Mars. If he had a seperated throwing shoulder I will have to agree with you, and cut him slack.</P>

YATittle1962
07-09-2011, 11:38 AM

c'mon,guys,let's cut him just a little break for the super bowl...he played most of it with a seperated throwing shoulder.not trying to cover for him,but we should take that into account.[:|]</P>

I'm really getting too old for this.* I think my brain must have atrophied to a peanut size... I do NOT remember, even vaguely, that Kerry seperated his shoulder in that game. I must be crazy, rbc, but this is the first I've heard that. I musta been on vacation in China, or Mars. If he had a seperated throwing shoulder I will have to agree with you, and cut him slack.</P>

I didnt want to be the first to say it...but I have zero recollection of that as well

jomo
07-09-2011, 01:22 PM

I'm really getting too old for this. I think my brain must have atrophied to a peanut size... I do NOT remember, even vaguely, that Kerry seperated his shoulder in that game. I must be crazy, rbc, but this is the first I've heard that. I musta been on vacation in China, or Mars. If he had a seperated throwing shoulder I will have to agree with you, and cut him slack.</P>

I didnt want to be the first to say it...but I have zero recollection of that as wellWhoever was the offensive coordinator at the time didn't help him muchby calling those roll out plays moving to his right. Kerry had a strong and accurate arm but needed to have his feet set to execute. I don't remember him completing a single pass while rolling right. </P>

He stabilized his life after a rocky period and had himself a relatively long and productive career. I wish him all the best.</P>

NYG 5
07-09-2011, 01:32 PM
he did, but it was later on in the game. he gets tackled as he's throwing to tiki and you can see him land on it. but im pretty sure this was after all the interceptions.

allentown PA
07-09-2011, 01:49 PM

I didnt want to be the first to say it...but I have zero recollection of that as wellWhoever was the offensive coordinator at the time didn't help him muchby calling those roll out plays moving to his right. Kerry had a strong and accurate arm but needed to have his feet set to execute. I don't remember him completing a single pass while rolling right. </P>

He stabilized his life after a rocky period and had himself a relatively long and productive career. I wish him all the best.</P>

</P>

</P>

thats a good point...I don't know if we have had a quarterback who throws well on the run...in my lifetime anyway.</P>

jomo
07-09-2011, 02:35 PM

</P>

</P>

thats a good point...I don't know if we have had a quarterback who throws well on the run...in my lifetime anyway.</P>Fran Tarkenton................may be before your time, although he was a quarterback who ran more than a guy who could throw darts on the run. He certainly was better than Eli orCollins throwing on the run.

YATittle1962
07-09-2011, 05:24 PM

I'm really getting too old for this.* I think my brain must have atrophied to a peanut size... I do NOT remember, even vaguely, that Kerry seperated his shoulder in that game. I must be crazy, rbc, but this is the first I've heard that. I musta been on vacation in China, or Mars. If he had a seperated throwing shoulder I will have to agree with you, and cut him slack.</P>

I didnt want to be the first to say it...but I have zero recollection of that as wellWhoever was the offensive coordinator at the time didn't help him much*by calling those roll out plays moving to his right. Kerry had a strong and accurate arm but needed to have his feet set to execute. I don't remember him completing a single pass while rolling right. </P>

</P>

*</P>

thats a good point...I don't know if we have had a quarterback who throws well on the run...in my lifetime anyway.</P>Fran Tarkenton................may be before your time, although he was a quarterback who ran more than a guy who could throw darts on the run. He certainly was better than Eli or*Collins throwing on the run.

Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rogers are all pretty good on the run..........Garcia was as well ....obviously not our QBs

but Fran was unbelievable sometimes......

jomo
07-09-2011, 05:39 PM

</P>

</P>

thats a good point...I don't know if we have had a quarterback who throws well on the run...in my lifetime anyway.</P>Fran Tarkenton................may be before your time, although he was a quarterback who ran more than a guy who could throw darts on the run. He certainly was better than Eli orCollins throwing on the run. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rogers are all pretty good on the run..........Garcia was as well ....obviously not our QBs but Fran was unbelievable sometimes......Montana didn't need to set his feet to throw darts either.

YATittle1962
07-09-2011, 06:51 PM

I didnt want to be the first to say it...but I have zero recollection of that as wellWhoever was the offensive coordinator at the time didn't help him much*by calling those roll out plays moving to his right. Kerry had a strong and accurate arm but needed to have his feet set to execute. I don't remember him completing a single pass while rolling right. </P>

</P>

*</P>

thats a good point...I don't know if we have had a quarterback who throws well on the run...in my lifetime anyway.</P>Fran Tarkenton................may be before your time, although he was a quarterback who ran more than a guy who could throw darts on the run. He certainly was better than Eli or*Collins throwing on the run. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rogers are all pretty good on the run..........Garcia was as well ....obviously not our QBs but Fran was unbelievable sometimes......Montana didn't need to set his feet to throw darts either.

this is true.....

and our very own Jeff Hostetler wasnt to shabby

jomo
07-09-2011, 06:56 PM

</P>

</P>

thats a good point...I don't know if we have had a quarterback who throws well on the run...in my lifetime anyway.</P>Fran Tarkenton................may be before your time, although he was a quarterback who ran more than a guy who could throw darts on the run. He certainly was better than Eli orCollins throwing on the run. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rogers are all pretty good on the run..........Garcia was as well ....obviously not our QBs but Fran was unbelievable sometimes......Montana didn't need to set his feet to throw darts either. this is true..... and our very own Jeff Hostetler wasnt to shabbyYep!

allentown PA
07-09-2011, 11:00 PM

</P>

</P>

thats a good point...I don't know if we have had a quarterback who throws well on the run...in my lifetime anyway.</P>

Fran Tarkenton................may be before your time, although he was a quarterback who ran more than a guy who could throw darts on the run. He certainly was better than Eli orCollins throwing on the run. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rogers are all pretty good on the run..........Garcia was as well ....obviously not our QBs but Fran was unbelievable sometimes......Montana didn't need to set his feet to throw darts either. this is true..... and our very own Jeff Hostetler wasnt to shabby</P>

</P>

good call on Hos..forgot about him.</P>

SEC105
07-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Y. A. I should have said itearlier.........THANKS,,,,,,,,best thread ever</P>

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

YATittle1962
07-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Y. A.***** I should have said it*earlier.........THANKS,,,,,,,,best thread ever</P>

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z********* </P>

right back at ya brother....

looks like its near the end unfortunately.........unless the threads do get transferred to the new forums

SEC105
07-10-2011, 01:15 AM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

right back at ya brother.... looks like its near the end unfortunately.........unless the threads do get transferred to the new forums</P>

Whatever Y A.........just wanted you to know............we love man and always will</P>

Can you believe we were at the 7 TD game????...........Our FIRST!!! game That happens every week right right? Dad? lol Thanks Again Man!!!....for the memories [Y. A.]</P>

</P>

Roswell777
07-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Y. A.***** I should have said it*earlier.........THANKS,,,,,,,,best thread ever</P>

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z********* </P>

right back at ya brother.... looks like its near the end unfortunately.........unles the threads do get transferred to the new forums</P>

Whatever Y A......... wanted you to know............we love man and always will</P>

Can you believe we were at the 7 TD game????...........Our FIRST!!! game****** That happens every week right right?** Dad?* lol************** * Thanks Again Man!!!....for the memories [Y. A.]</P>

*</P>

Roswell777
07-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I also want to say thanks. I'm not on the site as often as I'd like to be but it is the one place I like to go online where I can engage in completely intelligent football conversation. There isn't one person I don't respect on this thread for their insight, knowledge and terrific memories.

It's a special group and an honor to converse with you guys.

zimonami
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I also want to say thanks. I'm not on the site as often as I'd like to be but it is the one place I like to go online where I can engage in completely intelligent football conversation. There isn't one person I don't respect on this thread for their insight, knowledge and terrific memories. It's a special group and an honor to converse with you guys.</P>

Couldn't agree more, Ros... it's been a pleasure, and a great way to find some really excellent peoples. </P>

Thank you YA... and, thank you to everyone else who has contributed and enjoyed this thread.for over 2 years...In one way or another we'll keep it going.</P>

</P>

rbcarpenter
07-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I also want to say thanks. I'm not on the site as often as I'd like to be but it is the one place I like to go online where I can engage in completely intelligent football conversation. There isn't one person I don't respect on this thread for their insight, knowledge and terrific memories. It's a special group and an honor to converse with you guys.</P>

Couldn't agree more, Ros... it's been a pleasure, and a great way to find some really excellent peoples. </P>

Thank you YA... and, thank you to everyone else who has contributed and enjoyed this thread.for over 2 years...In one way or another we'll keep it going.</P>

</P>agree 100%.

allentown PA
07-10-2011, 10:20 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Have to disagree, I'll take a "Fire Gilbride" thread over this one any day of the week.</FONT></P>

zimonami
07-10-2011, 11:18 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Have to disagree, I'll take a "Fire Gilbride" thread over this one any day of the week.</FONT></P>

</P>

haha... nah, too frustrating, like spitting in the wind. Seems that Gilbride won't go away untilTC retires. At that time, is the press going to blow smoke up our butts by saying Gilbride is a candidate to replace?? Please God, NO.</P>

YATittle1962
07-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z********* </P>

right back at ya brother.... looks like its near the end unfortunately.........unless the threads do get transferred to the new forums</P>

Whatever Y A.........just wanted you to know............we love man and always will</P>

Can you believe we were at the 7 TD game????...........Our FIRST!!! game****** That happens every week right right?** Dad?* lol************** * Thanks Again Man!!!....for the memories [Y. A.]</P>

*</P>

it is crazy that in 1962 you and I sat in Yankee Stadium both seeing our first game on the same day........only to run into each other on a message board of the very team we watched and became obsessed with that day nearly 50 years later.

I swear to you I remember that day clearer than I remember a game from 2009.......those first 10 years or so of being an obsessed fan changed everything about my life and will eternally be burned so vividly in my memory ....

thats why I could probably tell you how many TDs Bob Tucker had in a certain season .....or if Homer Jones caught a TD in a certain game........but may struggle to remember what number Jarrod Bunch wore.....

so many good feelings are attached to those early years......... the way my son and some of the younger fans feel about the crunch bunch.........or the 2000 VIkings game.... .......

NYG 5
07-11-2011, 12:06 AM
I will be most impressed if anybody can answer this one.

Going into Super Bowl XXXV, the giants were the only team to boast this fact, and the football gods were ever so cruel as to exploit the irony of it. What had the Giants done all year up to that day?

rbcarpenter
07-11-2011, 12:28 AM
I will be most impressed if anybody can answer this one. Going into Super Bowl XXXV, the giants were the only team to boast this fact, and the football gods were ever so cruel as to exploit the irony of it. What had the Giants done all year up to that day?score an offensive td in every game that year?

ny06
07-11-2011, 02:36 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2m5jsb5.jpg</P>

zimonami
07-11-2011, 09:59 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

Can you believe we were at the 7 TD game????...........Our FIRST!!! game That happens every week right right? Dad? lol Thanks Again Man!!!....for the memories [Y. A.]</P>

</P>

it is crazy that in 1962 you and I sat in Yankee Stadium both seeing our first game on the same day........only to run into each other on a message board of the very team we watched and became obsessed with that day nearly 50 years later. I swear to you I remember that day clearer than I remember a game from 2009.......those first 10 years or so of being an obsessed fan changed everything about my life and will eternally be burned so vividly in my memory .... thats why I could probably tell you how many TDs Bob Tucker had in a certain season .....or if Homer Jones caught a TD in a certain game........but may struggle to remember what number Jarrod Bunch wore..... so many good feelings are attached to those early years......... the way my son and some of the younger fans feel about the crunch bunch.........or the 2000 VIkings game.... .......</P>

A game to remember. So, can anyone remember?......</P>

--- Who caught the most Tittle passes for TD's in that game?</P>

--- What Redskin player scored a rushing TDand later in his career played for the Giants?</P>

jomo
07-11-2011, 10:40 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2m5jsb5.jpg</P>[:)][B]

YATittle1962
07-11-2011, 11:27 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z********* </P>

*</P>

it is crazy that in 1962 you and I sat in Yankee Stadium both seeing our first game on the same day........only to run into each other on a message board of the very team we watched and became obsessed with that day nearly 50 years later. I swear to you I remember that day clearer than I remember a game from 2009.......those first 10 years or so of being an obsessed fan changed everything about my life and will eternally be burned so vividly in my memory .... thats why I could probably tell you how many TDs Bob Tucker had in a certain season .....or if Homer Jones caught a TD in a certain game........but may struggle to remember what number Jarrod Bunch wore..... so many good feelings are attached to those early years......... the way my son and some of the younger fans feel about the crunch bunch.........or the 2000 VIkings game.... .......</P>

A game to remember.* So, can anyone remember?......</P>

---** Who caught the most Tittle passes for TD's in that game?</P>

---** What Redskin player scored a rushing TD*and later in his career played for the Giants?</P>

great one Zim

I know Morrison caught 2
Gifford caught a big one
and Shofner caught a big one

the other 3 TDs im drawing a blank on and Im a bit embarrassed to say so....

Snead was the Redskin

NYG 5
07-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I will be most impressed if anybody can answer this one. Going into Super Bowl XXXV, the giants were the only team to boast this fact, and the football gods were ever so cruel as to exploit the irony of it. What had the Giants done all year up to that day?score an offensive td in every game that year?

the Giants were the only team... the ONLY team not to allow a defensive touchdown OR return touchdown.... and then allowed both in 30 seconds. [:'(][:'(][:'(]

YATittle1962
07-12-2011, 12:09 AM

the Giants were the only team... the ONLY team not to allow a defensive touchdown OR return touchdown.... and then allowed both in 30 seconds. [:'(][:'(][:'(]

wow

I had no idea

zimonami
07-12-2011, 12:58 AM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

--- What Redskin player scored a rushing TDand later in his career played for the Giants?</P>

great one Zim I know Morrison caught 2 Gifford caught a big one and Shofner caught a big one the other 3 TDs im drawing a blank on and Im a bit embarrassed to say so.... Snead was the Redskin</P>

You got Snead right</P>

You'll kick yourself when you remember... yes, someone caught 3. Process of elimination? This guywas a great Giant, and one of the ones who we have spoken about the least. I'm not sure if anyone other than you or SEC can remember back then,,, caveman times</P>

YATittle1962
07-12-2011, 01:43 AM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z********* </P>

*</P>

---** What Redskin player scored a rushing TD*and later in his career played for the Giants?</P>

great one Zim I know Morrison caught 2 Gifford caught a big one and Shofner caught a big one the other 3 TDs im drawing a blank on and Im a bit embarrassed to say so.... Snead was the Redskin</P>

You got Snead right</P>

You'll kick yourself when you remember... yes, someone caught 3. Process of elimination?* This guy*was a great Giant, and one of the ones who we have spoken about the least. I'm not sure if anyone other than you or SEC can remember back then,,, caveman times</P>

I cannot think of who it was zim....this is crazy.....

dont say......it'll come to me.....no way im looking his up......its a pride thing :)

zimonami
07-12-2011, 02:35 AM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

You got Snead right</P>

You'll kick yourself when you remember... yes, someone caught 3. Process of elimination? This guywas a great Giant, and one of the ones who we have spoken about the least. I'm not sure if anyone other than you or SEC can remember back then,,, caveman times</P>

I cannot think of who it was zim....this is crazy..... dont say......it'll come to me.....no way im looking his up......its a pride thing :)</P>

You'll be really mad if you don't think of it. He was a Redskin before coming to the Giants, and he was a head coach later in his career. He was a Giant for 3 years, but the fans appreciated him.</P>

rbcarpenter
07-12-2011, 01:22 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

You got Snead right</P>

I cannot think of who it was zim....this is crazy..... dont say......it'll come to me.....no way im looking his up......its a pride thing :)</P>

You'll be really mad if you don't think of it. He was a Redskin before coming to the Giants, and he was a head coach later in his career. He was a Giant for 3 years, but the fans appreciated him.</P>head coach tip gave it away-joe walton

YATittle1962
07-12-2011, 02:46 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z********* </P>

*</P>

You got Snead right</P>

You'll kick yourself when you remember... yes, someone caught 3. Process of elimination?* This guy*was a great Giant, and one of the ones who we have spoken about the least. I'm not sure if anyone other than you or SEC can remember back then,,, caveman times</P>

You'll be really mad if you don't think of it.* He was a Redskin before coming to the Giants, and he was a head coach later in his career. He was a Giant for 3 years, but the fans appreciated him.</P>head coach tip gave it away-joe walton

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

how could I not get that.....??????

Im ashamed

SEC105
07-12-2011, 04:54 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

Thats whats so neat about this thread Y.A............both going to our first Giant game on such an historic day.....only to meet all these years later Great being a Giant Fan and YOU brought back so many memories for so many people </P>

I had just caught [somehow I missed it]Nilay's thread about the new MB..... Hopefully you guys can transfer the thread.....but if not This DYK thread will NEVER be forgotten!!!</P>

And Thanks Again SEC105</P>

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0521/nfl_g_tittle_600.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-12-2011, 05:01 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

</P>

I think the Redskin who scored a rushing TD and later played for uswas **** James?</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/517/190/1957-Topps-134-James-F_display_image.jpg?1290383765</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-12-2011, 05:51 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

</P>

I think the Redskin who scored a rushing TD and later played for uswas **** James?</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/517/190/1957-Topps-134-James-F_display_image.jpg?1290383765</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Think this photo is from the same game [ YA 7 TD passes]....I know Erich had an int.</P>

Who else had an int./</P>

http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/images/products/p-341822-erich-barnes-autographed-hand-signed-giants-8x10-photo-csa-fb7283.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z********* </P>

*</P>

</P>

I think the Redskin who scored a rushing TD and later played for us*was **** James?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Think this photo is from the same game [ YA 7 TD passes]....I know Erich had an int.</P>

http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/images/products/p-341822-erich-barnes-autographed-hand-signed-giants-8x10-photo-csa-fb7283.jpg</P>

Z</P>

I know this one for sure.....

jim Patton.....I think he had 2 if im not mistaken

Ive searched my whole life for footage of that game......all I could find were some short clips of a few of YAs TDs

I would do anything for that full game in footage or even radio broadcast.......

probably impossible

how old were you on that day SEC?

NYG 5
07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Do you know how epic those old yankee stadium pictures look? I wish they could rig the lights so that the field has good illumination, but the stands look dark. Kinda like when the power when out during the cowboy game this year. Looked so cool.

Alson, im **** James, *****

zimonami
07-12-2011, 07:57 PM
No, SEC... YA was right... it was Norm Snead who scored a Skins rushing TD.</P>

</P>

YA... you're entitled to forget Walton... no demerits, lol.</P>

YATittle1962
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
No, SEC... YA was right... it was Norm Snead who scored a Skins rushing TD.*</P>

*</P>

YA... you're entitled to forget Walton... no demerits, lol.</P>

Im giving myself 1 demerit a day for the rest of my life for forgetting that :)

byron
07-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

I know this one for sure..... jim Patton.....I think he had 2 if im not mistaken Ive searched my whole life for footage of that game......all I could find were some short clips of a few of YAs TDs I would do anything for that full game in footage or even radio broadcast....... probably impossible how old were you on that day SEC?</P>

Hey YA you ever look into the John Miley sports broadcast collection....the library of congress owns it now not sure if anyone can access the collection or not.. thought I would mention it ...</P>

YATittle1962
07-12-2011, 09:38 PM
great lead byron.....

just found a bunch of his collection available on CD but its all baseball....

but im still digging....got excited and wanted to say thanks for the lead

byron
07-12-2011, 09:46 PM
great lead byron..... just found a bunch of his collection available on CD but its all baseball.... but im still digging....got excited and wanted to say thanks for the lead you YA..I dug a little I saw that collection.....here is a link that might help</P>

http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2011/11-046.html</P>

read the article near the end is another couple links the take ou to theLibary..I think you can join and access the collection..."not sure"noticed some contact numbers for the library also in there....good luck YA</P>

allentown PA
07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I have a request...if anyone could post the 49-3 divisional playoff game on youtube that woud be badass...like LT's touchdown or Bobby Johnson's anything would be great. I've found some clips from the washington championship game.

byron
07-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I have a request...if anyone could post the 49-3 divisional playoff game on youtube that woud be badass...like LT's touchdown or Bobby Johnson's anything would be great. I've found some clips from the washington championship game. I looked around... looks like the 49er's are still paying people to keep that game of the internet..I couldn't find anything

allentown PA
07-13-2011, 12:32 AM
I have a request...if anyone could post the 49-3 divisional playoff game on youtube that woud be badass...like LT's touchdown or Bobby Johnson's anything would be great. I've found some clips from the washington championship game. I looked around... looks like the 49er's are still paying people to keep that game of the internet..I couldn't find anything</P>

</P>

lol..thanks anyway </P>

zimonami
07-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Things be slow. I'm not a happy camper these days for several reasons... I need my Giants to provide a happy diversion in life. Everyone pray for an end to the BS... we need action on the field...

zimonami
07-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Let's see if this is too easy...</P>

rankthese players in the correct order for most - to -least receptions in 2010</P>

Manningham, Bradshaw, Nicks, Boss, Smith, </P>

jmike
07-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Things be slow. I'm not a happy camper these days for several reasons... I need my Giants to provide a happy diversion in life. Everyone pray for an end to the BS... we need action on the field...

You want action in a field? I never would have guessed you were a kinky exhibitionist Zim! Well done sir.

NYG 5
07-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Let's see if this is too easy...</p>

rankthese players in the correct order for most - to -least receptions in 2010</p>

Manningham, Bradshaw, Nicks, Boss, Smith, </p>

manningham, nicks, boss, smith, bradshaw

YATittle1962
07-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Things be slow.* I'm not a happy camper these days for several reasons...* I need my Giants to provide a happy diversion in life. Everyone pray for an end to the BS... we need action on the field...

Amen brother

zimonami
07-14-2011, 01:26 AM

You want action in a field? I never would have guessed you were a kinky exhibitionist Zim! Well done sir.
</P>

It brought a big smile to me to see you back... next time don't be away so long. You definitely make this a better place.</P>

zimonami
07-14-2011, 01:30 AM

rankthese players in the correct order for most - to -least receptions in 2010</P>

</P>

I can only say that you have 0 of 5 in their correct positions... lol. Obviously you didn't look it up, so rethink it and try again. Honestly, if I didn't know (cuz, I didn't...lol... I just look at the stat sheet and think upo a question with the freakin' answers right in front of me) I think I would have gotten 2 in their correct positions.</P>

lawl
07-14-2011, 01:51 AM

</P>

I can only say that you have 0 of 5 in their correct positions... lol. Obviously you didn't look it up, so rethink it and try again. Honestly, if I didn't know (cuz, I didn't...lol... I just look at the stat sheet and think upo a question with the freakin' answers right in front of me) I think I would have gotten 2 in their correct positions.</P>

</P>

wow-</P>

how about nicks manningham smith boss bradshaw</P>

jmike
07-14-2011, 02:16 AM

</p>

It brought a big smile to me to see you back... next time don't be away so long. You definitely make this a better place.</p>

Thanks, sorry, been wicked busy at work and then on vaca in the middle of nowhere and just got back online today. Anything new? They get a CBA signed yet?

zimonami
07-14-2011, 02:40 AM

</P>

It brought a big smile to me to see you back... next time don't be away so long. You definitely make this a better place.</P>

Thanks, sorry, been wicked busy at work and then on vaca in the middle of nowhere and just got back online today. Anything new? They get a CBA signed yet?
</P>

Glad you had a vacation without the distrctions of the computer. A rare thing. However, lol, I don't believe you were too incredibly isolated that you don't know that the money division has not yet been agreed upon. Not much else new, except for persistent rumors that the Bills Poslusnozy... HAHA... I haven't got a clue how to spell his name... could be interested in entering ouir radar field.</P>

zimonami
07-14-2011, 02:41 AM

</P>

</P>

wow-</P>

</P>

Howdy, lawl.</P>

You have 3 of 5 correct. Two of them need swapping.</P>

jmike
07-14-2011, 02:52 AM

</p>

It brought a big smile to me to see you back... next time don't be away so long. You definitely make this a better place.</p>

</p>

Glad you had a vacation without the distrctions of the computer. A rare thing. However, lol, I don't believe you were too incredibly isolated that you don't know that the money division has not yet been agreed upon. Not much else new, except for persistent rumors that the Bills Poslusnozy... HAHA... I haven't got a clue how to spell his name... could be interested in entering ouir radar field.</p>

Actually, I have been that out of touch, when I left they were optimistic that it would get done soon and been at work 24-7 since getting back, so this is my first news, haven't checked the main board yet just this and asian.

lawl
07-14-2011, 04:50 AM

rank*these players in the correct order for most - to -least receptions in 2010</P>

</P>

I can only say that you have 0 of 5 in their correct positions... lol.*** Obviously you didn't look it up, so rethink it and try again. Honestly, if I didn't know (cuz, I didn't...lol... I just look at the stat sheet and think upo a question with the freakin' answers right in front of me) I* think I would have gotten 2 in their correct positions.</P>

</P>

wow-</P>

</P>

Howdy, lawl.</P>

Ah, has to be boss and Bradshaw based on what you told nyg5.

I shouldn't have messed that up, oh well.

zimonami
07-14-2011, 10:31 AM

</P>

</P>

wow-</P>

</P>

Howdy, lawl.</P>

Ah, has to be boss and Bradshaw based on what you told nyg5. I shouldn't have messed that up, oh well.</P>

WTG, lawl... Nicks (79), Manningham (60), Smith (48), Bradshaw (47), Boss (35)</P>

rbcarpenter
07-14-2011, 04:48 PM

</P>

</P>

wow-</P>

</P>

Howdy, lawl.</P>

Ah, has to be boss and Bradshaw based on what you told nyg5. I shouldn't have messed that up, oh well.</P>

WTG, lawl... Nicks (79), Manningham (60), Smith (48), Bradshaw (47), Boss (35)</P>bradshaw had 47...wow,that's nearly 3 per game,i don't remember him catching that many!i need to start paying attention.[:|]

zimonami
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM

</P>

</P>

wow-</P>

</P>

Howdy, lawl.</P>

WTG, lawl... Nicks (79), Manningham (60), Smith (48), Bradshaw (47), Boss (35)</P>

bradshaw had 47...wow,that's nearly 3 per game,i don't remember him catching that many!i need to start paying attention.[:|]</P>

I agree... and, would have thought Boss caught more than 35... 2.2 per game.</P>

SEC105
07-14-2011, 05:35 PM

Love Ya my Man</P>

SEC105</P>

Z </P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Z</P>

I know this one for sure..... jim Patton.....I think he had 2 if im not mistaken Ive searched my whole life for footage of that game......all I could find were some short clips of a few of YAs TDs I would do anything for that full game in footage or even radio broadcast....... probably impossible how old were you on that day SEC?</P>

I was 7 years old that dayY. A........within a week of that I knew the number of every Giant player</P>

Life changing event if you will.......and I'm sure it was for you my Man [:D]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-14-2011, 05:36 PM
How many TD's did Jim Burt score as aNY Giant?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-14-2011, 05:40 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I vaguely remember 1 fumble return for about 4 yards.</P>

SEC105
07-14-2011, 06:08 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Remember this one Z.........his one and only but it was a good one!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkN2H1_O3I</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-14-2011, 06:10 PM
great lead byron..... just found a bunch of his collection available on CD but its all baseball.... but im still digging....got excited and wanted to say thanks for the lead you YA..I dug a little I saw that collection.....here is a link that might help</P>

http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2011/11-046.html</P>

read the article near the end is another couple links the take ou to theLibary..I think you can join and access the collection..."not sure"noticed some contact numbers for the library also in there....good luck YA</P>

</P>

I've been trying also with no luck to find the highlights of it......I'll keep searching</P>

Thanks for the link Byron and how have you been?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-14-2011, 06:14 PM
I have a request...if anyone could post the 49-3 divisional playoff game on youtube that woud be badass...like LT's touchdown or Bobby Johnson's anything would be great. I've found some clips from the washington championship game.</P>

Here's a small snippet AT........enjoy.....look for more when I have some free time</P>

Giants Stadium was nuts that day!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAY_fUOF2HA</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-14-2011, 06:19 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

excellent. Just as I remembered it, only I remember him rumbling 4 yards, not 40.</P>

He should have retired a Giant.</P>

</P>

SEC105
07-14-2011, 06:30 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

excellent. Just as I remembered it, only I remember him rumbling 4 yards, not 40.</P>

</P>

</P>

He should have.....but he did get another ring......wasn't Parcels concerned for him and his back. Thats what I seemed to recall....kinda prodded him into what he thought would be Burtscareer end</P>

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/297761.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921F7 C3FC3F69D929FD2BDAF32AE13102D4B2485C55EC1A40DEF0B3 EF8A2C5C2003</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-14-2011, 06:47 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

He should have.....but he did get another ring......wasn't Parcels concerned for him and his back. Thats what I seemed to recall....kinda prodded him into what he thought would be Burtscareer end</P>

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/297761.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921F7 C3FC3F69D929FD2BDAF32AE13102D4B2485C55EC1A40DEF0B3 EF8A2C5C2003</P>

Z</P>

'</P>

Burt played 3 more years with the 49ers. Just like Bavaro was forced to retire from the Giants after the '90 SB with his bum knee... only to play a year with the Browns and 2 with the Eagles.</P>

Huff to Washington</P>

There are some Giants who should end their careers as Giants.</P>

Who are some other Giants you can name who ended their careers with another team for a few years, but shoulda been with us until the end\??</P>

Hoss?</P>

byron
07-14-2011, 07:02 PM
I liked Hoss tough guy took some big hits...couple othersI hated to go Brad Van Pelt and Jessie Armstead

zimonami
07-14-2011, 07:06 PM
I liked Hoss tough guy took some big hits...couple othersI hated to go Brad Van Pelt and Jessie Armstead</P>

2 excellent choices, byron. At least Jessie signed a contract to retire a Giant. Van pelt played 11 years with us... shoulda been retired a Giant</P>

NYG 5
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
How many TD's did Jim Burt score as a*NY Giant?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

He should have.....but he did get another ring......wasn't Parcels concerned for him and his back. Thats what I seemed to recall....kinda prodded him into what he thought would be Burts*career end</P>

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/297761.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD2BDAF32AE13102D4 B2485C55EC1A40DEF0B3EF8A2C5C2003</P>

Z</P>

'</P>

Burt played 3 more years with the 49ers.* Just like Bavaro was forced to retire from the Giants after the '90 SB with his bum knee... only to play a year with the Browns and 2 with the Eagles.</P>

Huff to Washington</P>

Who are some other Giants you can name who ended their careers with another team for a few years, but shoulda been with us until the end\??</P>

Hoss?</P>

Jeremy shockey
Greg comella
Brandon short
Jason whittle
Jason sehorn
Luke petitgout
Sam garnes
Shaun williams

Although if youre talking about bigger name guys, pepper johnson went to the browns i think. And williams, petitgout, and sehorn were playing at such a low level, they had to go.

byron
07-14-2011, 09:36 PM
I liked Hoss tough guy took some big hits...couple othersI hated to go Brad Van Pelt and Jessie Armstead</P>

2 excellent choices, byron. At least Jessie signed a contract to retire a Giant. Van pelt played 11 years with us... shoulda been retired a Giant</P>forgot about that Zim....Another gu I really liked was Sam Madison I had hopes that he would stay on and maybe get into coaching here...

SEC105
07-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Name this Giant.......hope the pic stays up....it's one of those onesyou are supposed to buy</P>

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!CDc0m3g!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!hgE0f0lifVHBNOoQsHIE!~~_3.JP G</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-15-2011, 12:30 AM

2 excellent choices, byron. At least Jessie signed a contract to retire a Giant. Van pelt played 11 years with us... shoulda been retired a Giant</P>

forgot about that Zim....Another gu I really liked was Sam Madison I had hopes that he would stay on and maybe get into coaching here...</P>

Van Pelt is right there at the top for me......he went threw so many bad years [player of the decade for 70's].........fans loved him and he was a genuine "Good Guy"</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/029/051/BradVanPelt_display_image.jpg?1308557186</P>

Z</P>

rbcarpenter
07-15-2011, 12:33 AM
I liked Hoss tough guy took some big hits...couple othersI hated to go Brad Van Pelt and Jessie Armsteadbrian kelly,sehorn,and mark haynes come to mind.pepper johnson and,of course,rob carpenter(i know,i know,carpenter was'nt originally a giant,but we all know how i feel about him!)

zimonami
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Name this Giant.......hope the pic stays up....it's one of those onesyou are supposed to buy</P>

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!CDc0m3g!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!hgE0f0lifVHBNOoQsHIE!~~_3.JP G</P>

Z</P>

</P>

No one has had an answer... so I looked it up... Clarence Childs???</P>

</P>

byron
07-15-2011, 10:29 PM
I liked Hoss tough guy took some big hits...couple othersI hated to go Brad Van Pelt and Jessie Armsteadbrian kelly,sehorn,and mark haynes come to mind.pepper johnson and,of course,rob carpenter(i know,i know,carpenter was'nt originally a giant,but we all know how i feel about him!)Some good ones there rb we have hada few guys like Rob came in and played hard us likeO Anderson...they have given us a lot of great players over the years...I have pretty poor memory... thanks to this great thread I can come in read a little and theold stuff comes back to me....its much appreciated</P>

</P>

</P>

jomo
07-18-2011, 04:00 PM
In back to back NFL drafts, the Giants selected 2 Outland Trophy winners. (in the first and third rounds respectively) Of even greater interest was the fact that they both graduated from the same university. Name the players and their alma mater.

ny06
07-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

'</P>

Burt played 3 more years with the 49ers. Just like Bavaro was forced to retire from the Giants after the '90 SB with his bum knee... only to play a year with the Browns and 2 with the Eagles.</P>

Huff to Washington</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Who are some other Giants you can name who ended their careers with another team for a few years, but shoulda been with us until the end\??</FONT></P>

Hoss?</P>

</P>

So many to name. </P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Mark Collins</P>

Greg Jackson</P>

Myron Guyton</P>

Bart Oates</P>

William Roberts</P>

Jim Burt</P>

Carl Banks</P>

Jumbo Elliot</P>

Brad Van Pelt</P>

Sam Huff</P>

Dave Meggett</P>

Mark Bavaro</P>

Gary Reasons</P>

Rosey Grier</P>

Jessie Armstead</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
07-18-2011, 11:50 PM
seeing Bavaro in an Eagles uniform knowing how much he hated that team broke my heart

zimonami
07-19-2011, 01:52 AM
seeing Bavaro in an Eagles uniform knowing how much he hated that team broke my heart</P>

Me too, YA. And, you know his heart wasn't in it, either... but, he wanted to show he still had some juice after we rejected him and his knee(s). You have to have warriors like Mark in order to have a deserving SB team. His play against the niners in '86is one I think about many times a year... the epitome of desire. That play, and Simms pass to Bobby Johnsonin Minny said, "Yes, we can." I truly knew it was written, and I'll bet you agree.</P>

SEC105
07-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Clarence was a very exciting kick returner</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Clarence was a very exciting kick returner</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-19-2011, 05:16 PM
seeing Bavaro in an Eagles uniform knowing how much he hated that team broke my heart</P>

Me too, YA. And, you know his heart wasn't in it, either... but, he wanted to show he still had some juice after we rejected him and his knee(s). You have to have warriors like Mark in order to have a deserving SB team. His play against the niners in '86is one I think about many times a year... the epitome of desire. That play, and Simms pass to Bobby Johnsonin Minny said, "Yes, we can." I truly knew it was written, and I'll bet you agree.</P>

</P>

The "classic" Bravaro</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pssDR0ERnw</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
and 4th and 17 in Minny.....we all knew we were on to something special that season after this play</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeL9kgFLqZc</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
and 4th and 17 in Minny.....we all knew we were on to something special that season after this play</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeL9kgFLqZc</P>

Z</P>

</P>

SEC... TY for this and the Bavaro pieces... always a great thing to see over again. :)</P>

YATittle1962
07-19-2011, 07:03 PM

Me too, YA.* And, you know his heart wasn't in it, either... but, he wanted to show he still had some juice after we rejected him and his knee(s). You have to have warriors like Mark in order to have a deserving SB team. His play against the niners in '86*is one I think about many times a year... the epitome of desire. That play, and Simms pass to Bobby Johnson*in Minny said, "Yes, we can." I truly knew it was written, and I'll bet you agree.</P>

couldnt agree more zimmy

jomo
07-19-2011, 08:03 PM
In back to back NFL drafts, the Giants selected 2 Outland Trophy winners. (in the first and third rounds respectively) Of even greater interest was the fact that they both graduated from the same university. Name the players and their alma mater.I know that some of you know this answer. I'll give hints but it is fairly easy without them.

rbcarpenter
07-19-2011, 08:25 PM
outland trophy is for the best interior lineman right?</P>

</P>

jomo
07-19-2011, 08:35 PM

</P>Yes, best interior defensive lineman.

jomo
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM

</P>Yes, best interior defensive lineman.Colors are red and white.

rbcarpenter
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM

</P>

Yes, best interior defensive lineman.Colors are red and white.nebraska?</P>

</P>

ny06
07-19-2011, 11:18 PM
In back to back NFL drafts, the Giants selected 2 Outland Trophy winners. (in the first and third rounds respectively) Of even greater interest was the fact that they both graduated from the same university. Name the players and their alma mater.I know that some of you know this answer. I'll give hints but it is fairly easy without them.</P>

Cedric Jones?</P>

edit: I knew this was incorrect, but after seeing Jomo post the college colors I thought either Nebraska or OU. </P>

I took a guess with Cedric Jones. </P>

jomo
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM

</P>

</P>Yes rbc, the Cornhuskers..........now you are close.

allentown PA
07-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Christian Peter??

rbcarpenter
07-19-2011, 11:25 PM

</P>

</P>Yes rbc, the Cornhuskers..........now you are close.larry jacobson and rick glover,72 and 73!(answer courtesy of my dad!)

allentown PA
07-19-2011, 11:27 PM

</P>

</P>

Yes rbc, the Cornhuskers..........now you are close.</P>

</P>

thats was a great question....good stuff</P>

jomo
07-20-2011, 02:22 PM

</P>

</P>Yes rbc, the Cornhuskers..........now you are close.larry jacobson and rick glover,72 and 73!(answer courtesy of my dad!)Well done RBC! Neither of those guys did much at the next level. Glover was undersized (even then). They listed him at 6'1" 240 but it was more like 6'0" and 230. He was a pure nose tack who relied on his great quickness. It didn't translate from college to the pros. Jacobsen was a full sized man at 6'6" and 250lbs. He started out OK butnever fully recovered from a broken leg in training camp before his fourth season.Hecouldn't passhis physical the following year and that was it. Pretty much nothing to show from 2 Outland Trophy winners. Those were tough years for Giants fans.

YATittle1962
07-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Phil Simms and I believe Lawrence Taylors final game....

what was the score?

and who was it against ?

I hated seeing them go out like that

jints10
07-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Phil Simms and I believe Lawrence Taylors final game....

what was the score?

and who was it against ?

I hated seeing them go out like that
It was a blow out loss to the 9ers at the stick, if we had only beaten Dallas the last reg season game we could have stayed home. I too hated to see those warriors go out like that. Not sure of the score though but I want to say 49-3, it was bad, funny how you put the ugly ones out of mind.

zimonami
07-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Phil Simms and I believe Lawrence Taylors final game.... what was the score? and who was it against ? I hated seeing them go out like that</P>

</P>

A crushing defeat to the niners in the playoffs, around 44-3, 44-6... yeah, a tough way to go out.</P>

Roswell777
07-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Phil Simms and I believe Lawrence Taylors final game.... what was the score? and who was it against ? I hated seeing them go out like that</p>

</p>

A crushing defeat to the niners in the playoffs, around 44-3, 44-6... yeah, a tough way to go out.</p>

I remember Rikki Waters running wild in that game.

gmen46
07-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Phil Simms and I believe Lawrence Taylors final game.... what was the score? and who was it against ? I hated seeing them go out like that</p>

*</p>

A crushing defeat to the niners in the playoffs, around 44-3, 44-6... yeah, a tough way to go out.</p>

I remember Rikki Waters running wild in that game.

Only to be superseded by Ricki Waters running his mouth.

NYG 5
07-20-2011, 10:50 PM
wow, thats terrible. defense gives up 180 rush yards and 6 tds, give up 4 sacks... the final remnant of the parcells era dies an ugly one. the number 1 defense in the NFL too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldn9iuR3zv1qd3dzlo6_500.jpg

name this former Giant

jmike
07-20-2011, 11:17 PM
wow, thats terrible. defense gives up 180 rush yards and 6 tds, give up 4 sacks... the final remnant of the parcells era dies an ugly one. the number 1 defense in the NFL too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldn9iuR3zv1qd3dzlo6_500.jpg

name this former Giant

Mike Barrow

NYG 5
07-20-2011, 11:22 PM
http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0020/4A/D9/4AD9ADC36AF099ECA704DE_Large.jpg

dammit jmike, how about this?

jmike
07-20-2011, 11:31 PM

Looks like Ike has been eating well in retirement.

jmike
07-20-2011, 11:32 PM

And wth team is that, did Tuskegee get a new mascot or something? All I see is "TUSK..." on the hat.

NYG 5
07-20-2011, 11:39 PM

And wth team is that, did Tuskegee get a new mascot or something? All I see is "TUSK..." on the hat.

nah its a UFL team, the florida tuskers. and it isn't as much the food, as the concussions swelling the crap out of his head. also, Dominic Rhodes is on the tuskers. funny how fast a guy can fall from super bowl leader, to minor league nobody

zimonami
07-21-2011, 12:08 AM

</P>

Love that new Avi, jmike</P>

</P>

jmike
07-21-2011, 12:23 AM

</p>

Love that new Avi, jmike</p>

</p>

Thanks. [:)]

jints10
07-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Complete this sentence "Welcome to Giants Stadium bottles, _____, ______ _______ ____ __________

jints10
07-22-2011, 03:13 AM

</p>

</p>

been a while since I seen that movie is that "Hit Girl" she is cute

jmike
07-22-2011, 08:49 AM

</p>

</p>

Cute? She's badass.

zimonami
07-22-2011, 07:29 PM

</P>

Love that new Avi, jmike</P>

</P>

Cute? She's badass.
</P>

That vacation really recharged your batteries, jmike. Sassier than ever!! :))) Love it... we meed more of that around here to break the same old, same old.</P>

YATittle1962
07-22-2011, 11:00 PM
first offensive play of the 2010 season......describe it

jomo
07-22-2011, 11:04 PM
first offensive play of the 2010 season......describe itWild guess, Jacobs up the middle for no gain.

YATittle1962
07-22-2011, 11:43 PM
first offensive play of the 2010 season......describe itWild guess, Jacobs up the middle for no gain.

hahahaha...wise guess.....but no

jmike
07-23-2011, 01:37 AM

</p>

</p>

Cute? She's badass.
</p>

That vacation really recharged your batteries, jmike. Sassier than ever!! :))) Love it... we meed more of that around here to break the same old, same old.</p>

Thanks Zim, you are one of those that make it worth coming on this board.

Too many around here take it all way too seriously and have no sense of humor.

zimonami
07-23-2011, 11:56 AM
first offensive play of the 2010 season......describe it</P>

Manning under center, fake handoff to Bradshaw and Manning hits Nicks on adeep out patternfor 27 yards.</P>

jmike
07-23-2011, 12:57 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/982/930/228642_display_image.jpg?1306965563

Name this Giant....

ny06
07-23-2011, 02:42 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/982/930/228642_display_image.jpg?1306965563

Name this Giant....
</P>

Omar Douglas?</P>

jomo
07-23-2011, 03:57 PM

Name this Giant....
Danny Pittman?

rbcarpenter
07-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Name this Giant....
Danny Pittman?can't be pittman-those are the ravens.

jmike
07-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Name this Giant....
</P>

Omar Douglas?</P>well done sir.

jmike
07-24-2011, 11:38 AM
try this
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2006/11/charles-stackhouse-246.jpg

ny06
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM
try this
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2006/11/charles-stackhouse-246.jpg</P>

Charles Stackhouse?</P>

jmike
07-24-2011, 11:59 AM
try this
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2006/11/charles-stackhouse-246.jpg</p>

Charles Stackhouse?</p>

and again, good job....I'll stump you here somewhere.

jmike
07-24-2011, 12:14 PM
who dis?

http://www.lonecadaver.com/90Adam%20Schreiber.jpg

keyofgmen
07-24-2011, 12:14 PM
try this

I think this is a trick question!??? No?

ny06
07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
who dis?

</P>

Chris Bober?</P>

jmike
07-24-2011, 12:20 PM
try this

I think this is a trick question!??? No?

No. What is the trick?

jmike
07-24-2011, 12:21 PM
who dis?

</p>

Chris Bober?</p>

Nope, sorry. Though good guess, I almost went with Bober, thought he would be too easy.

jmike
07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Ok, a bit easier

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/images/football/nfl/players/panthers/1809.jpg

ny06
07-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Ok, a bit easier

</P>

Mike Fox?</P>

zimonami
07-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Ok, a bit easier

</P>

Mike Fox?</P>

</P>

seeing that slow pan of LT is great.</P>

jmike
07-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Ok, a bit easier

</p>

Mike Fox?</p>yes

ny06
07-24-2011, 02:16 PM
who dis?

</P>

Chris Bober?</P>

Nope, sorry. Though good guess, I almost went with Bober, thought he would be too easy.
</P>

Hmmm the jersey # looks like 67</P>

So I'll go with another longtime NFL player who wore that for the Giants for a season or two. </P>

Adam Schreiber?</P>

jmike
07-24-2011, 02:33 PM
yep

zimonami
07-24-2011, 03:15 PM
who dis?

</P>

Chris Bober?</P>

</P>

Hmmm the jersey # looks like 67</P>

So I'll go with another longtime NFL player who wore that for the Giants for a season or two. </P>

Adam Schreiber?</P>

</P>

good one, 06, the only 67 I could remember was Billy Ard</P>

NYG 5
07-24-2011, 10:00 PM
try this
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2006/11/charles-stackhouse-246.jpg</p>

Charles Stackhouse?</p>

wow, he looks so thin there

rbcarpenter
07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
wow!i didn't think the lockout being over would slow down this thread...bump!

jomo
07-26-2011, 11:35 PM
wow!i didn't think the lockout being over would slow down this thread...bump!Truth

YATittle1962
07-26-2011, 11:47 PM
best off season signing in the history of the Giants in your opinion.......

notice i said off season and not FA

:)

jmike
07-26-2011, 11:55 PM

LT, his rookie contract.

YATittle1962
07-27-2011, 12:01 AM

LT, his rookie contract.

good one

jmike
07-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Hey zim, do you ever check your inbox?

zimonami
07-28-2011, 12:57 AM
</P>

lmao... so sorry, jmike. Actually, no... but, I just sent you off a reply... TY :)</P>

jmike
07-28-2011, 12:59 AM
</p>

lmao... so sorry, jmike. Actually, no... but, I just sent you off a reply... TY :)</p>

[:p]