PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

keyofgmen
09-01-2011, 07:30 PM
So, I got to thinking with all the talk of Eli throwing off his back foot. (Not what this is about) It kept bugging me..I kept seeing this play in my mind...and then I remembered it! So the question is.. One of the most famous passes in NFL history was thrown off the back foot..... Can you name it?</P>

Montana to Francis to beat the Cowgirls in the NFC Championship</P>

Zim...you sure??

allentown PA
09-01-2011, 09:23 PM
So, I got to thinking with all the talk of Eli throwing off his back foot. (Not what this is about) It kept bugging me..I kept seeing this play in my mind...and then I remembered it! So the question is.. One of the most famous passes in NFL history was thrown off the back foot..... Can you name it?</P>

Zim...you sure??

I always thought it was Clark?

YATittle1962
09-01-2011, 09:24 PM

Zim...you sure??

I always thought it was Clark?

"the catch" ?

allentown PA
09-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I played QB in high school. I still own (since 1964) the school record for softball throw distance.* I would have pitched but I was as likely to hit someone as throw a strike, so the guys didn't want to take BP from me. I played centerfield. </P>

Anyways, I'm righty, like Eli, and like every other guy I push off of my right foot as I stride forward to begin*my throw, with my weight transferred to my right foot*when I actually release the ball.*My right foot is, therefore, my back foot.</P>

When a guy has most of his weight on his left foot, or is pretty flat-footed, and throws without that stride initiated by his right foot, it's a weak throw, and they call it passing off his Back Foot.</P>

Why? Why don't thay just say he threw off of his left foot?</P>

Zim did u play for JIm Thorpe HS?

zimonami
09-01-2011, 10:38 PM

Zim...you sure?? I always thought it was Clark?</P>

Yes, of course it was Clark. I had a brain fart. I see Clark's face and I write Francis. Must be something Freudian in there. Or, just a brain fart. -) Anyways, you could have laughed at me... I don't mind. I find my memory lapses amazing. I got through school on a great memory, and now it has many wrinkles...lol</P>

Anyways, I think that was the play you meant... Montana didn't have time to setup. That's what happens to Eli... he knows it's late, and he's caught, being forced to throw off the wrong leg. </P>

That's one BIG difference between him and Phil... Phil was known for taking the time to setup right, regardless of the coming hit. Eli's no coward, but he doesn't have the grit that Simms had. Few do.</P>

zimonami
09-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I played QB in high school. I still own (since 1964) the school record for softball throw distance. I would have pitched but I was as likely to hit someone as throw a strike, so the guys didn't want to take BP from me. I played centerfield. </P>

Anyways, I'm righty, like Eli, and like every other guy I push off of my right foot as I stride forward to beginmy throw, with my weight transferred to my right footwhen I actually release the ball.My right foot is, therefore, my back foot.</P>

When a guy has most of his weight on his left foot, or is pretty flat-footed, and throws without that stride initiated by his right foot, it's a weak throw, and they call it passing off his Back Foot.</P>

Zim did u play for JIm Thorpe HS?</P>

No... for North Shore HS in LI, Nassau County... only my Junior year, '62. I was also Strong side LB, and dislocated my shoulder so bad that I was done. Took them 4 hours to twist it back in, and then it popped out 40 times in the next year, so they operated... but, I was done. Have a BIG old 10" scar. Today it would have been micro, and a 1". </P>

jmike
09-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Was not Sean Landetta the last USFL player to retire from the NFL?</p>

http://www.associatesgolfcarts.com/special_images/Landeta_Giants_200.jpg</p>

Z</p>

You are correct.

Did you know that Tiki and Ronde Barber attended U.Va. on academic scholarships not athletic?
</p>

I did not know they attended on an academic JMike......interesting.........wonder if Tiki majored TV Media lol [;)]</p>

how have you been Jmike?</p>

Z</p>Been well thanks. Busy as always. Yourself?

allentown PA
09-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I played QB in high school. I still own (since 1964) the school record for softball throw distance.* I would have pitched but I was as likely to hit someone as throw a strike, so the guys didn't want to take BP from me. I played centerfield. </P>

Anyways, I'm righty, like Eli, and like every other guy I push off of my right foot as I stride forward to begin*my throw, with my weight transferred to my right foot*when I actually release the ball.*My right foot is, therefore, my back foot.</P>

No... for North Shore HS in LI, Nassau County... only my Junior year, '62. *I was also Strong side LB, and dislocated my shoulder so bad that I was done. Took them 4 hours to twist it back in, and then it popped out 40 times in the next year, so they operated... but, I was done. Have a BIG old 10" scar. Today it would have been micro, and a 1". </P>

wow..that sucks zim...

allentown PA
09-01-2011, 11:28 PM

No... for North Shore HS in LI, Nassau County... only my Junior year, '62. *I was also Strong side LB, and dislocated my shoulder so bad that I was done. Took them 4 hours to twist it back in, and then it popped out 40 times in the next year, so they operated... but, I was done. Have a BIG old 10" scar. Today it would have been micro, and a 1". </P>

wow...QB and LB pulling double duty

zimonami
09-02-2011, 12:17 AM
I played QB in high school. I still own (since 1964) the school record for softball throw distance. I would have pitched but I was as likely to hit someone as throw a strike, so the guys didn't want to take BP from me. I played centerfield. </P>

Anyways, I'm righty, like Eli, and like every other guy I push off of my right foot as I stride forward to beginmy throw, with my weight transferred to my right footwhen I actually release the ball.My right foot is, therefore, my back foot.</P>

No... for North Shore HS in LI, Nassau County... only my Junior year, '62. I was also Strong side LB, and dislocated my shoulder so bad that I was done. Took them 4 hours to twist it back in, and then it popped out 40 times in the next year, so they operated... but, I was done. Have a BIG old 10" scar. Today it would have been micro, and a 1". </P>

wow...QB and LB pulling double duty</P>

Probaly 6-7 guys went both ways. hahahaha... just realized how that sounds</P>

jmike
09-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I played QB in high school. I still own (since 1964) the school record for softball throw distance. I would have pitched but I was as likely to hit someone as throw a strike, so the guys didn't want to take BP from me. I played centerfield. </p>

Anyways, I'm righty, like Eli, and like every other guy I push off of my right foot as I stride forward to beginmy throw, with my weight transferred to my right footwhen I actually release the ball.My right foot is, therefore, my back foot.</p>

When a guy has most of his weight on his left foot, or is pretty flat-footed, and throws without that stride initiated by his right foot, it's a weak throw, and they call it passing off his Back Foot.</p>

Why? Why don't thay just say he threw off of his left foot?</p>

Zim did u play for JIm Thorpe HS?</p>

No... for North Shore HS in LI, Nassau County... only my Junior year, '62. I was also Strong side LB, and dislocated my shoulder so bad that I was done. Took them 4 hours to twist it back in, and then it popped out 40 times in the next year, so they operated... but, I was done. Have a BIG old 10" scar. Today it would have been micro, and a 1". </p>

wow...QB and LB pulling double duty</p>

Probaly 6-7 guys went both ways. hahahaha... just realized how that sounds</p>Nothing wrong with a little equal opportunity Zim, you need not be embarrassed.

allentown PA
09-02-2011, 12:06 PM

wow...QB and LB pulling double duty</P>

Probaly 6-7 guys went both ways.* hahahaha... just realized how that sounds</P>

lol...I did the same in HS...meaning I played offense and defense..lol

zimonami
09-02-2011, 07:44 PM
SEC... PM

byron
09-03-2011, 12:31 AM
hey guys we just had a new litter of nine</P>

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307780_256962417659807_100000381516889_849405_5153 324_n.jpg</P>

B calls me the one with the black collar I'm going to Utah!!</P>

zimonami
09-03-2011, 12:48 AM
hey guys we just had a new litter of nine</P>

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307780_256962417659807_100000381516889_849405_5153 324_n.jpg</P>

B calls me the one with the black collar I'm going to Utah!!</P>

</P>

Fantastic, Byron. beautiful. I'll tolerate not seeing a gorgeaous babe, to celebrate this great litter.</P>

byron
09-04-2011, 01:22 AM
hey guys we just had a new litter of nine 3 boy 6 girls</P>

</P>

Fantastic, Byron. beautiful. I'll tolerate not seeing a gorgeaous babe, to celebrate this great litter.</P>HaHa.thanks Zim they are 4 weeks today

ny06
09-04-2011, 06:34 PM
<U>Not Giant Related</U></P>

Name this former NFL great?</P>

http://www.steelcitymafia.com/multimedia/ssp_images/Live_Chat_photos/Russell_Alltime_2.jpg</P>

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 06:53 PM

http://www.steelcitymafia.com/multimedia/ssp_images/Live_Chat_photos/Russell_Alltime_2.jpg</P>

gotta be andy russel...underated player imo because of who he played with...kind of like banks with us.

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 06:54 PM
he is young in that pic...lol...Is he in the Hall?

ny06
09-04-2011, 06:55 PM

gotta be andy russel...underated player imo because of who he played with...kind of like banks with us.</P>

Correct, good job.</P>

Suprisingly he is not in the Hall Of Fame. </P>

He should be. He was part of some bad Steeler teams before they became a dynasty. </P>

</P>

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 09:29 PM
When was the last time the giants opened the season in Washington and what was the reusult...a win or a loss?

jomo
09-04-2011, 09:36 PM
When was the last time the giants opened the season in Washington and what was the reusult...a win or a loss?1989 and it wasa win.

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 09:39 PM
When was the last time the giants opened the season in Washington and what was the reusult...a win or a loss?1989 and it was*a win.

good work jomo...27-24....allegre kicked a 52 yarder I think with time running out for the win.

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 09:40 PM

gotta be andy russel...underated player imo because of who he played with...kind of like banks with us.</P>

Correct, good job.</P>

Suprisingly he is not in the Hall Of Fame. </P>

He should be. He was part of some bad Steeler teams before they became a dynasty. </P>

*</P>

just wondering...we did he go to college?

jmike
09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
<u>Not Giant Related</u></p>

Name this former NFL great?</p>

http://www.steelcitymafia.com/multimedia/ssp_images/Live_Chat_photos/Russell_Alltime_2.jpg</p>

gotta be andy russel...underated player imo because of who he played with...kind of like banks with us.</p>

Correct, good job.</p>

Suprisingly he is not in the Hall Of Fame. </p>

He should be. He was part of some bad Steeler teams before they became a dynasty. </p>

</p>

Here you go....http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Where+did+Andy+Russel+go+to+college%3F

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 10:06 PM

http://www.steelcitymafia.com/multimedia/ssp_images/Live_Chat_photos/Russell_Alltime_2.jpg</p>

gotta be andy russel...underated player imo because of who he played with...kind of like banks with us.</p>

Correct, good job.</p>

He should be. He was part of some bad Steeler teams before they became a dynasty. </p>

*</p>

thanks.

jmike
09-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Correct, good job.</p>

</p>

thanks.You are very welcome [;)]

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 10:24 PM
When was the last time we opened the season against an AFC team? name the team and the result...three part question

jomo
09-04-2011, 10:30 PM
When was the last time we opened the season against an AFC team? name the team and the result...three part questionIndianapolis, a few years ago and I'm pretty sure we lost. Score, no idea.

allentown PA
09-04-2011, 11:02 PM
When was the last time we opened the season against an AFC team? name the team and the result...three part questionIndianapolis, a few years ago and I'm pretty sure we lost. Score, no idea.

ur rite jomo...2006 loss to indy...I actually was thinking of the wrong answer....I was thinking of 96 against the bills at home in which we blew a big second half lead...so good job man.

allentown PA
09-05-2011, 12:38 AM
last one....who were the only to giant wide recievers to have over 1000 yards recieving in the 80's??? For bonus points name the years these two did it in.

jmike
09-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Manuel was one...think it was 85?

Bavaro did it but he wasn't a WR.

Was it Gray?

allentown PA
09-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Manuel was one...think it was 85?

Bavaro did it but he wasn't a WR.

Was it Gray?

yup manuel and gray..manuel's was in 88

YATittle1962
09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
with the possibility of Greg Jones starting at the mike on Sunday vs. the Redskins this question comes to mind...

who was the last rookie to start opening day for the NY Giants?

zimonami
09-07-2011, 02:27 PM
with the possibility of Greg Jones starting at the mike on Sunday vs. the Redskins this question comes to mind... who was the last rookie to start opening day for the NY Giants?</P>

Aaron Ross, 2008?</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2011, 03:42 PM
with the possibility of Greg Jones starting at the mike on Sunday vs. the Redskins this question comes to mind... who was the last rookie to start opening day for the NY Giants?</P>

Aaron Ross, 2008?</P>

wasnt Ross....and that would have been '07....no?

jints10
09-07-2011, 05:17 PM
with the possibility of Greg Jones starting at the mike on Sunday vs. the Redskins this question comes to mind... who was the last rookie to start opening day for the NY Giants?</p>

Aaron Ross, 2008?</p>

Dodge

YATittle1962
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
with the possibility of Greg Jones starting at the mike on Sunday vs. the Redskins this question comes to mind... who was the last rookie to start opening day for the NY Giants?</p>

Aaron Ross, 2008?</p>

Dodge

I guess you are technically right huh?

I took this from Ralph Vacchiano ....and his answer was Michael Matthews who started game 1 of 2007 in a 2 TE set....

but didnt Ross start that game as well?

and his answer is kinda screwed because Shockey was the starting TE Matthews was only in the big set.....

he was dressed...and he technically started because he was in on the first snap....

but kind of poor wording on Ralphs part.....and in turn mine as well

jints10
09-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Aaron Ross, 2008?</p>

Dodge

I guess you are technically right huh?

I took this from Ralph Vacchiano ....and his answer was Michael Matthews who started game 1 of 2007 in a 2 TE set....

but didnt Ross start that game as well?

and his answer is kinda screwed because Shockey was the starting TE Matthews was only in the big set.....

he was dressed...and he technically started because he was in on the first snap....

but kind of poor wording on Ralphs part.....and in turn mine as well
Lol I knew you didn't want Dodge but couldn't resist. Yea Matthews is pretty lame too cuz he was situational. Not sure about Ross though we had RW and Webbie. Its a good question cuz TC does not like to start rooks.

jomo
09-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Aaron Ross, 2008?</P> wasnt Ross....and that would have been '07....no?
Dodge
I guess you are technically right huh? I took this from Ralph Vacchiano ....and his answer was Michael Matthews who started game 1 of 2007 in a 2 TE set.... but didnt Ross start that game as well? and his answer is kinda screwed because Shockey was the starting TE Matthews was only in the big set..... he was dressed...and he technically started because he was in on the first snap.... but kind of poor wording on Ralphs part.....and in turn mine as well
Lol I knew you didn't want Dodge but couldn't resist. Yea Matthews is pretty lame too cuz he was situational. Not sure about Ross though we had RW and Webbie. Its a good question cuz TC does not like to start rooks.
lol, a question like this should have a better answer than Mathews or Dodge.

zimonami
09-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Aaron Ross, 2008?</P>

Dodge
I guess you are technically right huh? I took this from Ralph Vacchiano ....and his answer was Michael Matthews who started game 1 of 2007 in a 2 TE set.... but didnt Ross start that game as well? and his answer is kinda screwed because Shockey was the starting TE Matthews was only in the big set..... he was dressed...and he technically started because he was in on the first snap.... but kind of poor wording on Ralphs part.....and in turn mine as well</P>

You're right, YA... Ross is 2007. I looked and he started 9 games that year, so probably didn't start in the opener. And, hahaha... Dodge was an oversight, cuz he definitely started in Game 1 last year, although not until we neededa punt. And, Matthews is a chimpy answer, too.</P>

But, it was a good, thought provoking question.</P>

So, a quyestion we would have a hard time answering... What Giant was with the team the longest before getting a start? I wouldn't be surprised to know thatmany never got a start. And, I'd say they had to be with the team for a minimum of 3 years to be considered.</P>

jints10
09-07-2011, 08:18 PM

Aaron Ross, 2008?</p>

Dodge
I guess you are technically right huh? I took this from Ralph Vacchiano ....and his answer was Michael Matthews who started game 1 of 2007 in a 2 TE set.... but didnt Ross start that game as well? and his answer is kinda screwed because Shockey was the starting TE Matthews was only in the big set..... he was dressed...and he technically started because he was in on the first snap.... but kind of poor wording on Ralphs part.....and in turn mine as well</p>

You're right, YA... Ross is 2007. I looked and he started 9 games that year, so probably didn't start in the opener. And, hahaha... Dodge was an oversight, cuz he definitely started in Game 1 last year, although not until we neededa punt. And, Matthews is a chimpy answer, too.</p>

But, it was a good, thought provoking question.</p>

So, a quyestion we would have a hard time answering... What Giant was with the team the longest before getting a start? I wouldn't be surprised to know thatmany never got a start. And, I'd say they had to be with the team for a minimum of 3 years to be considered.</p>
I would have to say Derick Ward, I think we got em from the Jets and was hurt alot he must have been on the team 5 or 6 years before actually starting a game.

zimonami
09-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Aaron Ross, 2008?</P>

Dodge
I guess you are technically right huh? I took this from Ralph Vacchiano ....and his answer was Michael Matthews who started game 1 of 2007 in a 2 TE set.... but didnt Ross start that game as well? and his answer is kinda screwed because Shockey was the starting TE Matthews was only in the big set..... he was dressed...and he technically started because he was in on the first snap.... but kind of poor wording on Ralphs part.....and in turn mine as well</P>

You're right, YA... Ross is 2007. I looked and he started 9 games that year, so probably didn't start in the opener. And, hahaha... Dodge was an oversight, cuz he definitely started in Game 1 last year, although not until we neededa punt. And, Matthews is a chimpy answer, too.</P>

But, it was a good, thought provoking question.</P>

So, a quyestion we would have a hard time answering... What Giant was with the team the longest before getting a start? I wouldn't be surprised to know thatmany never got a start. And, I'd say they had to be with the team for a minimum of 3 years to be considered.</P>

I would have to say Derick Ward, I think we got em from the Jets and was hurt alot he must have been on the team 5 or 6 years before actually starting a game.
</P>

That's a pretty good guess, jints. When I get some time I think I have a way of finding out... but it will take a lot of time... a task for a rainy day.</P>

jmike
09-08-2011, 08:04 AM

Aaron Ross, 2008?</p>

Dodge
I guess you are technically right huh? I took this from Ralph Vacchiano ....and his answer was Michael Matthews who started game 1 of 2007 in a 2 TE set.... but didnt Ross start that game as well? and his answer is kinda screwed because Shockey was the starting TE Matthews was only in the big set..... he was dressed...and he technically started because he was in on the first snap.... but kind of poor wording on Ralphs part.....and in turn mine as well</p>

You're right, YA... Ross is 2007. I looked and he started 9 games that year, so probably didn't start in the opener. And, hahaha... Dodge was an oversight, cuz he definitely started in Game 1 last year, although not until we neededa punt. And, Matthews is a chimpy answer, too.</p>

So, a quyestion we would have a hard time answering... What Giant was with the team the longest before getting a start? I wouldn't be surprised to know thatmany never got a start. And, I'd say they had to be with the team for a minimum of 3 years to be considered.</p>

</p>

That's a pretty good guess, jints. When I get some time I think I have a way of finding out... but it will take a lot of time... a task for a rainy day.</p>Probably Jeff Hostetler, he didn't get a start until 1990 and he was with the team a while before that wasn't he?

YATittle1962
09-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Aaron Ross, 2008?</p>

Dodge

You're right, YA... Ross is 2007. I looked and he started 9 games that year, so probably didn't start in the opener.* And, hahaha... Dodge was an oversight, cuz he definitely started in Game 1 last year, although not until we needed*a punt.* And, Matthews is a chimpy answer, too.</p>

So, a quyestion we would have a hard time answering... What Giant was with the team the longest before getting a start? I wouldn't be surprised to know that*many never got a start. And, I'd say they had to be with the team for a minimum of 3 years to be considered.</p>

</p>

That's a pretty good guess, jints. When I get some time I think I have a way of finding out... but it will take a lot of time... a task for a rainy day.</p>Probably Jeff Hostetler, he didn't get a start until 1990 and he was with the team a while before that wasn't he?

thats a good one.....

yeah he was drafted in what '85

zimonami
09-09-2011, 11:17 AM
jmike.. PM for ya'

zimonami
09-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I have no ideahow this team willperform on Sunday. The only thing I know, for sure, is that the offense has got to be good. I would think 30 points, minimum, might be needed. I have no idea where the D will be... it's all about our depth, from the start.

ny06
09-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I have no ideahow this team willperform on Sunday. The only thing I know, for sure, is that the offense has got to be good. I would think 30 points, minimum, might be needed. I have no idea where the D will be... it's all about our depth, from the start.</P>

I think our Defense will play great this week. </P>

These players read the newspapers, and see what is said on t.v. People think the Giants are a decimated team that has no chance of doing anything good this season. </P>

If that isn't extra motivation to prove the naysayers wrong, I don't know what is. </P>

</P>

jmike
09-09-2011, 01:38 PM
jmike.. PM for ya'you sure...don't see one.

zimonami
09-09-2011, 02:04 PM
jmike.. PM for ya'you sure...don't see one.</P>

Hmmm... Not in your Inbox? I'll try again.</P>

allentown PA
09-09-2011, 07:25 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?

jomo
09-09-2011, 07:29 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?"

allentown PA
09-09-2011, 07:30 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?"

good guess jomo but nope...loved baker btw wore 85 in college because of him

jomo
09-09-2011, 07:43 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?" good guess jomo but nope...loved baker btw wore 85 in college because of himWell, I know that MarkIngram was also on that team, how about him? (sorry for all the wild guesses)

allentown PA
09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?" good guess jomo but nope...loved baker btw wore 85 in college because of himWell, I know that Mark*Ingram was also on that team, how about him? (sorry for all the wild guesses)

nope not ingram...but he did catch a TD pass in that game.

jomo
09-09-2011, 08:48 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?" good guess jomo but nope...loved baker btw wore 85 in college because of himWell, I know that MarkIngram was also on that team, how about him? (sorry for all the wild guesses) nope not ingram...but he did catch a TD pass in that game.am I chasing the wrong pony? was it a someone other than a wide receiver who caught the first td pass?

allentown PA
09-09-2011, 08:55 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?" good guess jomo but nope...loved baker btw wore 85 in college because of himWell, I know that Mark*Ingram was also on that team, how about him? (sorry for all the wild guesses) nope not ingram...but he did catch a TD pass in that game.am I chasing the wrong pony? was it a someone other than a wide receiver who caught the first td pass?

It was not a WR who caught the first TD pass

jomo
09-09-2011, 09:53 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?" good guess jomo but nope...loved baker btw wore 85 in college because of himWell, I know that MarkIngram was also on that team, how about him? (sorry for all the wild guesses) nope not ingram...but he did catch a TD pass in that game.am I chasing the wrong pony? was it a someone other than a wide receiver who caught the first td pass? It was not a WR who caught the first TD passAll right then I'm guessing it was my all time favorite Giants running back Rodney Hampton.

allentown PA
09-09-2011, 09:57 PM
In the 1990 season opener against the Eagles @ home...Who caught the first TD pass of the season for the giants that night?Just guessing but was it SB, the "touchdown maker?" good guess jomo but nope...loved baker btw wore 85 in college because of himWell, I know that Mark*Ingram was also on that team, how about him? (sorry for all the wild guesses) nope not ingram...but he did catch a TD pass in that game.am I chasing the wrong pony? was it a someone other than a wide receiver who caught the first td pass? It was not a WR who caught the first TD passAll right then I'm guessing it was my all time favorite Giants running back Rodney Hampton.

yup..12 yard pass from simms...hampton is in my top 5 of all time fav giants....on a side note LT had 3 sacks in that game and Dave Megget had a 68 yard punt return for a TD...good times

allentown PA
09-09-2011, 10:05 PM
In the 1989 season opener who caught the first giant TD pass against the skins in washington?

jmike
09-09-2011, 11:22 PM
jmike.. PM for ya'you sure...don't see one.</p>

Hmmm... Not in your Inbox? I'll try again.</p>Still no.....hit me up on yahoo IM, I'm on now. Or email me.

zimonami
09-10-2011, 12:36 AM
jmike.. PM for ya'you sure...don't see one.</P>

Hmmm... Not in your Inbox? I'll try again.</P>

Still no.....hit me up on yahoo IM, I'm on now. Or email me.
</P>

I had tried to generate a new message, 2X. Don't know why it didn't work.</P>

Anyways, I added to our last messages, so it should be there. :)</P>

Let me know if it doesn't come thru.</P>

jmike
09-10-2011, 01:53 AM
jmike.. PM for ya'you sure...don't see one.</p>

Hmmm... Not in your Inbox? I'll try again.</p>

Still no.....hit me up on yahoo IM, I'm on now. Or email me.
</p>

I had tried to generate a new message, 2X. Don't know why it didn't work.</p>

Anyways, I added to our last messages, so it should be there. :)</p>

Let me know if it doesn't come thru.</p>Got it sweets [;)]

allentown PA
09-11-2011, 07:56 PM
tough one today...can stand some of these other threads...we missed steve smith today imo...and the oline did a bad job against the blitz...I think we rebound next week though.

zimonami
09-11-2011, 08:11 PM
tough one today...can stand some of these other threads...we missed steve smith today imo...and the oline did a bad job against the blitz...I think we rebound next week though.</P>

I hope you're right. I'm eternally optimistic... but, not with this personnel. Yes, we missed Smith. Cruz dropped that early 3rd down pass and Eli didn't go back to him. I've been an Eli supporter from day 1, but his mechanics are horrible on too many passes. </P>

McKenzie missed that block, which left the man right there for the block/Int... but, on 3rd down it was a terrible play... Nicks man was right on him 4 yards out in the flat. Unlessthe CBmisses the tackle, Nicks can't get a 1st down. Lots of poor play calls.</P>

I won't go to the other threads. Glad I could vent a little.</P>

jomo
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
tough one today...can stand some of these other threads...we missed steve smith today imo...and the oline did a bad job against the blitz...I think we rebound next week though.</P>

I hope you're right. I'm eternally optimistic... but, not with this personnel. Yes, we missed Smith. Cruz dropped that early 3rd down pass and Eli didn't go back to him. I've been an Eli supporter from day 1, but his mechanics are horrible on too many passes. </P>

McKenzie missed that block, which left the man right there for the block/Int... but, on 3rd down it was a terrible play... Nicks man was right on him 4 yards out in the flat. Unlessthe CBmisses the tackle, Nicks can't get a 1st down. Lots of poor play calls.</P>

I won't go to the other threads. Glad I could vent a little.</P>Thanks for bringing DYK forward tonight. It is a tough chore wading through the other threads tonight. We have work to do. I'm gonna wrap up here tonight and check back tomorrow. Peace!

allentown PA
09-11-2011, 08:16 PM

I hope you're right.* I'm eternally optimistic... but, not with this personnel. Yes, we missed Smith. Cruz dropped that early 3rd down pass and Eli didn't go back to him. I've been an Eli supporter from day 1, but his mechanics are horrible on too many passes. </P>

McKenzie missed that block, which left the man right there for the block/Int... but, on 3rd down it was a terrible play... Nicks man was right on him 4 yards out in the flat. Unless*the CB*misses the tackle, Nicks can't get a 1st down. Lots of poor play calls.</P>

thank god ur online zim..these threads r making me more pissed...I also thought the oline was trash today..we couldnt get anything going on the ground and did a poor job protecting Eli.

allentown PA
09-11-2011, 08:19 PM

I hope you're right.* I'm eternally optimistic... but, not with this personnel. Yes, we missed Smith. Cruz dropped that early 3rd down pass and Eli didn't go back to him. I've been an Eli supporter from day 1, but his mechanics are horrible on too many passes. </P>

McKenzie missed that block, which left the man right there for the block/Int... but, on 3rd down it was a terrible play... Nicks man was right on him 4 yards out in the flat. Unless*the CB*misses the tackle, Nicks can't get a 1st down. Lots of poor play calls.</P>

I won't go to the other threads. Glad I could vent a little.</P>Thanks for bringing DYK forward tonight. It is a tough chore wading through the other threads tonight. We have work to do. I'm gonna wrap up here tonight and check back tomorrow. Peace!

I thought the defense played well..jpp is a beast...too much cushoin by our d-backs imo...i mean my god

zimonami
09-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Thanks for bringing DYK forward tonight. It is a tough chore wading through the other threads tonight. We have work to do. I'm gonna wrap up here tonight and check back tomorrow. Peace! I thought the defense played well..jpp is a beast...too much cushoin by our d-backs imo...i mean my god</P>

I thought the D Line was the best part of the team. The LB's were invisible, especially onoff tackle runs.Ross was horrible. Way too much cushion. I think he goes through the motions for a paycheck, with no heart for the battle. The hit by Rolle on the helpless receiver was horible, especially since a touch with his pinky ends the play. He'll be fined.</P>

Lots of work ahead. </P>

Just too many players missing. What we have out there needs a lot more work.</P>

zimonami
09-13-2011, 12:52 PM
I watched Brady very carefully last night. Now I'm going to watch Eli very carefully against the Rams.</P>

I've always been an Eli supporter, but I'm unhappy with his continued carelessness with his mechanics. I don't want to start a thread on this... maybe just looking for opinions from any of you.</P>

Eli seems to throw flat footed,orstepping forward off of hisleft foot, way too often. Only about 1 of 2 do I see him stepping off of his right foot, striding into the pass, and releasing off of the left, or 'plant' foot. (Why do they call the left foot the 'Back' foot?).</P>

Some say he had to get rid of it in a hurry, so that's why his mechanics were off on a particular pass.</P>

Watching Brady last night, even when hewas about to get crushed, he seems to take that extra split second to get in the proper throwing position, and stride forward off of his right foot. Eli doesn't take that extra split second of time, and seems to be caught flat-footed too often.</P>

For a guy who runs QB camps for kids, and would insist on the proper throwing mecahnics, it seems like he needs to listen to someone else for his own benefit. He's "Do as I say, not as I do."</P>

Thoughts?</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I watched Brady very carefully last night. Now I'm going to watch Eli very carefully against the Rams.</P>

I've always been an Eli supporter, but I'm unhappy with his continued carelessness with his mechanics. I don't want to start a thread on this... maybe just looking for opinions from any of you.</P>

Eli seems to throw flat footed,*or*stepping forward off of his*left foot, way too often.* Only about 1 of 2 do I see him stepping off of his right foot, striding into the pass, and releasing off of the left, or 'plant' foot. (Why do they call the left foot the 'Back' foot?).</P>

Some say he had to get rid of it in a hurry, so that's why his mechanics were off on a particular pass.</P>

Watching Brady last night, even when he*was about to get crushed, he seems to take that extra split second to get in the proper throwing position, and stride forward off of his right foot. Eli doesn't take that extra split second of time, and seems to be caught flat-footed too often.</P>

For a guy who runs QB camps for kids, and would insist on the proper throwing mecahnics, it seems like he needs to listen to someone else for his own benefit.* He's "Do as I say, not as I do."</P>

Thoughts?</P>

*</P>

been saying this a lot recently Zim....and getting flamed for it by most

it always seems to be Gibrides fault that Eli is not very talented

there was a point though last Sunday where they started running quick pass options...and they were successful for about 3 plays....then they disappeared

so i guess combine a mediocre QB with poor play calling and you get an offense that looks like this

just to keep the theme of the thread .......who was Elis QB coach before Chris Palmer?

zimonami
09-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Eli seems to throw flat footed,orstepping forward off of hisleft foot, way too often. Only about 1 of 2 do I see him stepping off of his right foot, striding into the pass, and releasing off of the left, or 'plant' foot. (Why do they call the left foot the 'Back' foot?).</P>

Watching Brady last night, even when hewas about to get crushed, he seems to take that extra split second to get in the proper throwing position, and stride forward off of his right foot. Eli doesn't take that extra split second of time, and seems to be caught flat-footed too often.</P>

For a guy who runs QB camps for kids, and would insist on the proper throwing mecahnics, it seems like he needs to listen to someone else for his own benefit. He's "Do as I say, not as I do."</P>

Thoughts?</P>

</P>

been saying this a lot recently Zim....and getting flamed for it by most it always seems to be Gibrides fault that Eli is not very talented there was a point though last Sunday where they started running quick pass options...and they were successful for about 3 plays....then they disappeared so i guess combine a mediocre QB with poor play calling and you get an offense that looks like this just to keep the theme of the thread .......who was Elis QB coach before Chris Palmer?</P>

I can't remember his 1st QB coach, so for kicks I'll say Kurt Warner.</P>

I had to laugh... yes, I distinctly remember the quick pass play sequence. I was like, "Yeah, that's the ticket." Then it was history. We've never had those fast plays as a regular part of our offense, for the whole time Eli has been here. Heck, I don't even remember it in Warner's time. They're necessary every 4-5 passes to keep the D honest, and to get a quick 5 -7 across the middle. Montana always had his quickies over the middle... slot, wide, or TE... he used them all.</P>

I do think it is a combo... bad play calls, and poor execution. </P>

That poor block attempt by McKenzie, which helped the INT and TD return... It was 3rd and at least 8-10 at the time. Did you notice what the play was supposed to be? That quick out to Nicks where he's 3-4 yards off the line, and a prayer that he'll be able to juke his man and get more yardage. In that play, the defender was a yard away from Nicks. It was doomed to failure. And, Eli could have taken that one split second extra to recognize that McKenzie's man was still stranding, so the pass had to be different.</P>

How about a pass to a man who has actually gone beyond the 1st down sticks?</P>

Honestly, I think Eli's mechanics were better his rookie year.</P>

YATittle1962
09-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Eli seems to throw flat footed,*or*stepping forward off of his*left foot, way too often.* Only about 1 of 2 do I see him stepping off of his right foot, striding into the pass, and releasing off of the left, or 'plant' foot. (Why do they call the left foot the 'Back' foot?).</P>

Watching Brady last night, even when he*was about to get crushed, he seems to take that extra split second to get in the proper throwing position, and stride forward off of his right foot. Eli doesn't take that extra split second of time, and seems to be caught flat-footed too often.</P>

For a guy who runs QB camps for kids, and would insist on the proper throwing mecahnics, it seems like he needs to listen to someone else for his own benefit.* He's "Do as I say, not as I do."</P>

Thoughts?</P>

*</P>

been saying this a lot recently Zim....and getting flamed for it by most it always seems to be Gibrides fault that Eli is not very talented there was a point though last Sunday where they started running quick pass options...and they were successful for about 3 plays....then they disappeared so i guess combine a mediocre QB with poor play calling and you get an offense that looks like this just to keep the theme of the thread .......who was Elis QB coach before Chris Palmer?</P>

I had to laugh... yes, I distinctly remember the quick pass play sequence.* I was like, "Yeah, that's the ticket." Then it was history. We've never had those fast plays as a regular part of our offense, for the whole time Eli has been here. Heck, I don't even remember it in Warner's time.* They're necessary every 4-5 passes to keep the D honest, and to get a quick 5 -7 across the middle. Montana always had his quickies over the middle... slot, wide, or TE... he used them all.</P>

That poor block attempt by McKenzie, which helped the INT and TD return... It was 3rd and at least 8-10 at the time. Did you notice what the play was supposed to be? That quick out to Nicks where he's 3-4 yards off the line, and a prayer that he'll be able to juke his man and get more yardage. In that play, the defender was a yard away from Nicks. It was doomed to failure.* And, Eli could have taken that one split second extra to recognize that McKenzie's man was still stranding, so the pass had to be different.</P>

Francesa just went off about how Cofield told the coaching staff that "Rocket" meant WR screen to the right....

and sure enough

good god Tom....change the terminology

zimonami
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM

Thoughts?</P>

</P>

I had to laugh... yes, I distinctly remember the quick pass play sequence. I was like, "Yeah, that's the ticket." Then it was history. We've never had those fast plays as a regular part of our offense, for the whole time Eli has been here. Heck, I don't even remember it in Warner's time. They're necessary every 4-5 passes to keep the D honest, and to get a quick 5 -7 across the middle. Montana always had his quickies over the middle... slot, wide, or TE... he used them all.</P>

That poor block attempt by McKenzie, which helped the INT and TD return... It was 3rd and at least 8-10 at the time. Did you notice what the play was supposed to be? That quick out to Nicks where he's 3-4 yards off the line, and a prayer that he'll be able to juke his man and get more yardage. In that play, the defender was a yard away from Nicks. It was doomed to failure. And, Eli could have taken that one split second extra to recognize that McKenzie's man was still stranding, so the pass had to be different.</P>

Francesa just went off about how Cofield told the coaching staff that "Rocket" meant WR screen to the right.... and sure enough good god Tom....change the terminology</P>

Remember Oakland didn't change their audibles when Gruden left, and he fried them in the Superbowl. One of the TB LB's was filmed saying, gleefully, "We know almost every play they're running."</P>

If the Giants didn't plan for Cofield doing that, they were incredibly naive and irresponsible.</P>

Been doing more thinking... I absolutely don't think Eli is afraid of being hit, but is it possible he's overly cautious... thinking he could be hurt, and thus hurt the team, so he gets rid of it early so he won't be hit? Geez, I pointed out several months ago how Phil always stepped in to his throw, regardless of where a defender was... which was why he got that thumb busted.</P>

jmike
09-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Gilbride was the 1st QB coach.

Please change the topic from Eli, there are enough Eli threads. Find something less polarizing to discuss please, like religion or politics.

jomo
09-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Gilbride was the 1st QB coach.

Please change the topic from Eli, there are enough Eli threads. Find something less polarizing to discuss please, like religion or politics.
[:)]Let's try to keep this thread a refuge from the mountain of negativity elsewhere on this site. There is plenty of interesting and funDYK material available to bridge us through to our next win. Go Blue!

zimonami
09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
2004, Eli's rookie season... we were 6-10 that year. Three questions -----</P>

1) What place did we end up in our conference?</P>

In the Eli, Ben, Rivers draft scenario I knew I would be happy with whomever we chose. My thoughts at the time were... Rivers is the most accurate; Ben isn't real mobile, but he throws really accurately when he's on the run, and has the strongest arm; Eli was born and bred to be a QB, and can read defenses better than any of them... a talent that takes most NFL QB's many years to develop. Took Simms about 5 years, and I'm not sure Kerry Collins ever completely figured it out... for sure he was clueless in our 2000 Superbowl loss. Yes, as the Colts will find out... he can learn your offense quick enough, but he doesn't have a clue what plays will work best against the defense he's looking at.</P>

2) Eli won us a game against Dallas, the last game of the 2004 season,proving his ability to read a D. Can anyone tell me what kind of play was called, and what did Eli change it to, with an audible, that gave us the winning TD?</P>

3) Who scored that TD?</P>

YATittle1962
09-16-2011, 01:10 PM

In the Eli, Ben, Rivers draft scenario I knew I would be happy with whomever we chose. My thoughts at the time were... Rivers is the most accurate; Ben isn't real mobile, but he throws really accurately when he's on the run, and has the strongest arm; Eli was born and bred to be a QB, and can read defenses better than any of them... a talent that takes most NFL QB's many years to develop.* Took Simms about 5 years, and I'm not sure Kerry Collins ever completely figured it out... for sure he was clueless in our 2000 Superbowl loss.* Yes, as the Colts will find out... he can learn your offense quick enough, but he doesn't have a clue what plays will work best against the defense he's looking at.</P>

2) Eli won us a game against Dallas, the last game of the 2004 season,*proving his ability to read a D. Can anyone tell me what kind of play was called, and what did Eli change it to, with an audible, that gave us the winning TD?</P>

all very foggy..

but ill say 3rd in NFC east ...I remember being 6-10

play action pass to Toomer

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 01:51 PM

In the Eli, Ben, Rivers draft scenario I knew I would be happy with whomever we chose. My thoughts at the time were... Rivers is the most accurate; Ben isn't real mobile, but he throws really accurately when he's on the run, and has the strongest arm; Eli was born and bred to be a QB, and can read defenses better than any of them... a talent that takes most NFL QB's many years to develop.* Took Simms about 5 years, and I'm not sure Kerry Collins ever completely figured it out... for sure he was clueless in our 2000 Superbowl loss.* Yes, as the Colts will find out... he can learn your offense quick enough, but he doesn't have a clue what plays will work best against the defense he's looking at.</P>

2) Eli won us a game against Dallas, the last game of the 2004 season,*proving his ability to read a D. Can anyone tell me what kind of play was called, and what did Eli change it to, with an audible, that gave us the winning TD?</P>

all very foggy..

but ill say 3rd in NFC east ...I remember being 6-10

play action pass to Toomer

6-10 is rite

i think he switched to a pass to or check down to tiki not sure...Im gonna guess that the orignial play was a run..

zimonami
09-16-2011, 01:57 PM

In the Eli, Ben, Rivers draft scenario I knew I would be happy with whomever we chose. My thoughts at the time were... Rivers is the most accurate; Ben isn't real mobile, but he throws really accurately when he's on the run, and has the strongest arm; Eli was born and bred to be a QB, and can read defenses better than any of them... a talent that takes most NFL QB's many years to develop. Took Simms about 5 years, and I'm not sure Kerry Collins ever completely figured it out... for sure he was clueless in our 2000 Superbowl loss. Yes, as the Colts will find out... he can learn your offense quick enough, but he doesn't have a clue what plays will work best against the defense he's looking at.</P>

2) Eli won us a game against Dallas, the last game of the 2004 season,proving his ability to read a D. Can anyone tell me what kind of play was called, and what did Eli change it to, with an audible, that gave us the winning TD?</P>

all very foggy.. but ill say 3rd in NFC east ...I remember being 6-10 play action pass to Toomer 6-10 is rite i think he switched to a pass to or check down to tiki not sure...Im gonna guess that the orignial play was a run..</P>

3rd is not correct.</P>

Not to Toomer.</P>

Nothing right, yet, but Allentown is close.</P>

jmike
09-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Allentown almost got it, Eli checked of to the run and Tiki ran it in I think he's right just flipped it.

jmike
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh and at 6-10 we finished 2nd.

zimonami
09-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Allentown almost got it, Eli checked of to the run and Tiki ran it in I think he's right just flipped it.</P>

Yes. From the 3... Eli (coaches) had a pass called and audibled to a draw to Tiki off the left side for the winning TD . Afterwards he mentioned how he saw that their D had the pass covered. Tiki and TC also gave him kudos for recognizing the run as the better play.</P>

It was the year of the Eagle, 13-3, and losing to the Pats in the SB. The rest of the NFC East, Giants, Boys, and Skins were all equally bad that year (hint, hint)</P>

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Allentown almost got it, Eli checked of to the run and Tiki ran it in I think he's right just flipped it.</P>

Yes.* From the 3...* *Eli (coaches) had a pass called and audibled to a draw to Tiki off the left side for the winning TD . Afterwards he mentioned how he saw that their D had the pass covered. Tiki and TC also gave him kudos for recognizing the run as the better play.</P>

It was the year of the Eagle, 13-3, *and losing to the Pats in the SB.* The rest of the NFC East, Giants, Boys, and Skins were all equally bad that year (hint, hint)</P>

yes...I think the boys,skins, and giants were all 6-10 that year..not sure if we were 2nd...I know we beat dallas twice and split with the skins.

zimonami
09-16-2011, 02:27 PM

Yes. From the 3... Eli (coaches) had a pass called and audibled to a draw to Tiki off the left side for the winning TD . Afterwards he mentioned how he saw that their D had the pass covered. Tiki and TC also gave him kudos for recognizing the run as the better play.</P>

It was the year of the Eagle, 13-3, and losing to the Pats in the SB. The rest of the NFC East, Giants, Boys, and Skins were all equally bad that year (hint, hint)</P>

yes...I think the boys,skins, and giants were all 6-10 that year..not sure if we were 2nd...I know we beat dallas twice and split with the skins.</P>

yeah, bad year for the NFC East... all 6-10. we were tied for second, although I think the tie-breakers had us at the top of the 2nd placers. Who really cares to figure that stuff out? only number crunchers.</P>

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 07:10 PM
What year or season did the giants lose 7 straight games and still finish with a winning record??

jmike
09-16-2011, 08:48 PM
1994 under Dan Reeves. Won3-lost 7- Won 6

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 08:54 PM
1994 under Dan Reeves.* Won3-lost 7- Won 6

wow..good work..thought that would be a tough one....u even added that they won the first three...lol

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 08:59 PM
1994 under Dan Reeves.* Won3-lost 7- Won 6

wow..good work..thought that would be a tough one....u even added that they won the first three...lol

for bonus points what two d-backs were tied for the team lead that season with 3 ints???

jomo
09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
1994 under Dan Reeves. Won3-lost 7- Won 6
wow..good work..thought that would be a tough one....u even added that they won the first three...lol for bonus points what two d-backs were tied for the team lead that season with 3 ints???I know that one was Phillipi Sparks (singer Jordan Sparks father). Not sure who the other was.

jmike
09-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Well the starting CBs that year were Sparks and Raymond. So Sparks is my first guess. Randolph was the nickel back and he never had 3 picks I don't think. So that means it was likely a safety either Jarvis Williams or Jesse Campbell. I'll Guess Sparks and Campbell.

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 09:19 PM
good job jmike and jomo ur both rite with sparks and good guess with cambell jmike but the second was not him...this is a tough one, but you def know this player.

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 09:26 PM
hint: he wasnt a starter...well, he actually started 9 games that year but we don't think of him as a starter....and ur on the rite track with him being a safety.

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 09:26 PM
hint: he wasnt a starter...well, he actually started 9 games that year but we don't think of him as a starter....and ur on the rite track with him being a safety.

jmike
09-16-2011, 10:11 PM
hint: he wasnt a starter...well, he actually started 9 games that year but we don't think of him as a starter....and ur on the rite track with him being a safety.That isn't a hint that gives me the answer, since they only had 4 safeties on that team and one of them I know didn't start ever that year, barely played. So I will let somebody else figure this one out. My next guess would have been a LB, Miller or Armstead. Really surprised he had 3 that year, I don't recall a single one of them. Or particularly remember him being any good at all.

allentown PA
09-16-2011, 10:25 PM
hint: he wasnt a starter...well, he actually started 9 games that year but we don't think of him as a starter....and ur on the rite track with him being a safety.That isn't a hint that gives me the answer, since they only had 4 safeties on that team and one of them I know didn't start ever that year, barely played.* So I will let somebody else figure this one out.* My next guess would have been a LB, Miller or Armstead.* Really surprised he had 3 that year, I don't recall a single one of them.* Or particularly remember him being any good at all.

If we are thinking of the same guy he actually did start 9 games that year.

jmike
09-17-2011, 12:13 AM
hint: he wasnt a starter...well, he actually started 9 games that year but we don't think of him as a starter....and ur on the rite track with him being a safety.That isn't a hint that gives me the answer, since they only had 4 safeties on that team and one of them I know didn't start ever that year, barely played. So I will let somebody else figure this one out. My next guess would have been a LB, Miller or Armstead. Really surprised he had 3 that year, I don't recall a single one of them. Or particularly remember him being any good at all.

If we are thinking of the same guy he actually did start 9 games that year.Yes he did, Wooten didn't start at all I know that. Williams and Cambell Started and Booty was the back up. I am really surprised he had 3 interceptions.

allentown PA
09-17-2011, 12:23 AM
hint: he wasnt a starter...well, he actually started 9 games that year but we don't think of him as a starter....and ur on the rite track with him being a safety.That isn't a hint that gives me the answer, since they only had 4 safeties on that team and one of them I know didn't start ever that year, barely played.* So I will let somebody else figure this one out.* My next guess would have been a LB, Miller or Armstead.* Really surprised he had 3 that year, I don't recall a single one of them.* Or particularly remember him being any good at all.

If we are thinking of the same guy he actually did start 9 games that year.Yes he did, Wooten didn't start at all I know that.* Williams and Cambell Started and Booty was the back up.* I am really surprised he had 3 interceptions.

yea ur rite...I thought u meant booty didnt play...but good work getting booty.

jomo
09-17-2011, 07:51 AM
If we are thinking of the same guy he actually did start 9 games that year.Yes he did, Wooten didn't start at all I know that. Williams and Cambell Started and Booty was the back up. I am really surprised he had 3 interceptions.
yea ur rite...I thought u meant booty didnt play...but good work getting booty.Wow, I would have never guessed Booty!

jomo
09-17-2011, 10:54 AM
The 1990 Giants were coached by ahugely talented group led by head coach Bill Parcells and defensive coordinatorBill Belichek. Name the </P>

Offensive coordinator</P>

WR coach</P>

Defensive line coach</P>

Linebacker coach</P>

Hint, all four of these coaches now have "NFL Head Coach" on their resume.</P>

keyofgmen
09-17-2011, 11:00 AM
The 1990 Giants were coached by a*hugely talented group led by head coach Bill Parcells and defensive coordinator*Bill Belichek. Name the </P>

WR coach</P>

Defensive line coach</P>

Linebacker coach</P>

Hint, all four of these coaches now have "NFL Head Coach" on their resume.</P>

Ron Erhart
TC of course
Crennel

? LB coach

jomo
09-17-2011, 11:26 AM
The 1990 Giants were coached by ahugely talented group led by head coach Bill Parcells and defensive coordinatorBill Belichek. Name the </P>

WR coach</P>

Defensive line coach</P>

Linebacker coach</P>

Hint, all four of these coaches now have "NFL Head Coach" on their resume.</P> Ron Erhart TC of course Crennel ? LB coachExcellent job on all three keyofgmen. One more to go and whoops, the LB coach was not an NFL head coach but he was a head coach. (that's alot of hints lol)

YATittle1962
09-17-2011, 04:25 PM
The 1990 Giants were coached by a*hugely talented group led by head coach Bill Parcells and defensive coordinator*Bill Belichek. Name the </P>

WR coach</P>

Defensive line coach</P>

Linebacker coach</P>

Hint, all four of these coaches now have "NFL Head Coach" on their resume.</P> Ron Erhart TC of course Crennel ? LB coachExcellent job on all three keyofgmen. One more to go and whoops, the LB coach was not an NFL head coach but he was a head coach.* (that's alot of hints lol)

wasnt Al Groh the LB coach or was that before '90?

jomo
09-17-2011, 06:06 PM

WR coach</P>

Defensive line coach</P>

Linebacker coach</P>

Hint, all four of these coaches now have "NFL Head Coach" on their resume.</P> Ron Erhart TC of course Crennel ? LB coachExcellent job on all three keyofgmen. One more to go and whoops, the LB coach was not an NFL head coach but he was a head coach. (that's alot of hints lol) wasnt Al Groh the LB coach or was that before '90?Bingo, that's it YA andGroh went on to be a head coach at Virginia.

allentown PA
09-17-2011, 06:51 PM
What safety had the most Ints in the 90's, for the giants?? He was third overall in ints in the decade, and first among safties

zimonami
09-17-2011, 08:36 PM
What safety had the most Ints in the 90's, for the giants?? He was third overall in ints in the decade, and first among safties</P>

Gregg Jackson? He had a few good years of INT's in the early 90's</P>

</P>

jomo
09-17-2011, 08:41 PM
What safety had the most Ints in the 90's, for the giants?? He was third overall in ints in the decade, and first among safties</P>

</P>It could be Sehorn even without his pants! He had a few big years with interceptions.

allentown PA
09-17-2011, 09:47 PM

*</P>

nope, but good guess he was second among safties for the giants in the decade.

allentown PA
09-17-2011, 09:48 PM

*</P>It could be Sehorn even without his pants! He had a few big years with interceptions.

lol..forgot about that pants incident with him...but no its not Sehorn....Sehorn was a corner.

jomo
09-17-2011, 10:34 PM

</P>It could be Sehorn even without his pants! He had a few big years with interceptions. lol..forgot about that pants incident with him...but no its not Sehorn....Sehorn was a corner.......if he had a SAFETY pin, those pants would have stayed up. lol don't tell us it was Percy Elsworth! [:O]

zimonami
09-18-2011, 12:04 AM

</P>

It could be Sehorn even without his pants! He had a few big years with interceptions. lol..forgot about that pants incident with him...but no its not Sehorn....Sehorn was a corner.......if he had a SAFETY pin, those pants would have stayed up. lol don't tell us it was Percy Elsworth! [:O]</P>

+1</P>

That had to be one of the most embarrassing moments.</P>

</P>

jomo
09-18-2011, 12:17 AM

</P>

It could be Sehorn even without his pants! He had a few big years with interceptions. lol..forgot about that pants incident with him...but no its not Sehorn....Sehorn was a corner.......if he had a SAFETY pin, those pants would have stayed up. lol don't tell us it was Percy Elsworth! [:O]</P>

+1</P>

That had to be one of the most embarrassing moments.</P>

</P>That and blowing out his knee on a pre-season kickoff return had to be the two low points of his career.

allentown PA
09-18-2011, 07:11 AM

*</P>It could be Sehorn even without his pants! He had a few big years with interceptions. lol..forgot about that pants incident with him...but no its not Sehorn....Sehorn was a corner.......if he had a SAFETY pin, those pants would have stayed up. lol don't tell us it was Percy Elsworth! [:O]

yup...good work...its was percy elsworth.

ny06
09-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Name this Giant?</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/R4507O3_C-I/AAAAAAAACpA/j-cdnC0CLF8/s320/brandon%2Bjacobs%2Bsaluki.jpg</P>

allentown PA
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Name this Giant?</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/R4507O3_C-I/AAAAAAAACpA/j-cdnC0CLF8/s320/brandon%2Bjacobs%2Bsaluki.jpg</P>

jacobs?

ny06
09-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Name this Giant?</P>

jacobs?</P>

correct, good job. </P>

</P>

jmike
09-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey Zim,

Check your inbox.

:-*

zimonami
09-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey Zim,

Check your inbox.

:-*

</P>

Back atcha, jmike :)</P>

zimonami
09-20-2011, 11:44 PM
2001... 10 years ago... a very forgetable Giant year. 7-9 after a Superbowl year. The curse of many SB winners.</P>

Who led the team in INT's in 2001?</P>

</P>

allentown PA
09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
2001...* 10 years ago... a very forgetable Giant year.* 7-9 after a Superbowl year. The curse of many SB winners.</P>

*</P>

armstead?

zimonami
09-21-2011, 12:19 AM
2001... 10 years ago... a very forgetable Giant year. 7-9 after a Superbowl year. The curse of many SB winners.</P>

</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

allentown PA
09-22-2011, 09:28 PM
2001...* 10 years ago... a very forgetable Giant year.* 7-9 after a Superbowl year. The curse of many SB winners.</P>

*</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?

zimonami
09-22-2011, 11:52 PM

</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

hahahah... you're stuck on our LB's, allentown... it was a CB. Now the trick is to remember our CB's then.</P>

Roswell777
09-24-2011, 02:40 PM

*</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

hahahah... you're stuck on our LB's, allentown... it was a CB. Now the trick is to remember our CB's then.</P>

I'll take a shot and then I have a question for you guys.

My guess is Sehorn.

And my question is...

Name a Giant running back who has also played for the Eagles and the Cowboys.

keyofgmen
09-24-2011, 02:52 PM

*</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

Since CB, I'll say Will Allen

jomo
09-24-2011, 03:52 PM

</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

hahahah... you're stuck on our LB's, allentown... it was a CB. Now the trick is to remember our CB's then.</P> Since CB, I'll say Will AllenDon't remember Allen having the best of hand so I'll guess Sehorn.

zimonami
09-24-2011, 07:10 PM
That's it, Key... Will Allen... one of the 'Wills'.</P>

He had 4 INT's and Sehorn had 3</P>

You're right, jomo, Allen had terrible hands... surely why he was a CB, and not a WR.</P>

byron
09-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Ok boys later today we play the eagles.." I hate the eagles" it apears we don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning if you listen to the masses....But we all know it can happen, we've seen it happen before many times..Its the greatest form of hope there is, it keeps us the edge of our chairs ingulfed in every play to finaly ithand us what we have been waiting for all week....victory my friends victory!!! Go Giants !!</P>

Let get them *******s!!</P>

lawl
09-25-2011, 02:44 AM
YA.

PM sent your way.

allentown PA
09-25-2011, 08:18 AM

*</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

My guess is Sehorn.

And my question is...

Hershel Walker was one

byron
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I missed the cause i had work...YAyou feeling like anew man!?!?I knew they could do it.....!!!!

zimonami
09-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I missed the cause i had work...YAyou feeling like anew man!?!?I knew they could do it.....!!!!</P>

It was sweet. Big relief. Watch replay on NFL this week.</P>

YATittle1962
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I missed the cause i had work...YA*you feeling like a*new man!?!?*I knew they could do it.....!!!!*

feel like a new man for sure

when was the last time Eli threw 4 TDs and no INT in a game?

and who was it against ?

Z

lawl
09-25-2011, 08:02 PM
I missed the cause i had work...YAyou feeling like anew man!?!?I knew they could do it.....!!!!

and who was it against ?

Z

Since you just posted the answer in another thread...I won't say the answer [;)]

YATittle1962
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I missed the cause i had work...YA*you feeling like a*new man!?!?*I knew they could do it.....!!!!*

and who was it against ?

Z

Since you just posted the answer in another thread...I won't say the answer [;)]

very honorable of you

:)

allentown PA
09-25-2011, 08:10 PM

and who was it against ?

Z

was it the 2007 season finale against the pats?

YATittle1962
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM

and who was it against ?

Z

pretty sure he had a pick in that game

byron
09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I missed the cause i had work...YAyou feeling like anew man!?!?I knew they could do it.....!!!!</P>

It was sweet. Big relief. Watch replay on NFL this week.</P>we needed it for sure...I recorded it Zim just watched the game good gaeby all everything.. Just finished a nice slice of coaching staff crow pie pretty damn good stuff....now lets roll!! I can't wait to have another slice next week!

allentown PA
09-25-2011, 10:52 PM

and who was it against ?

Z

seahawk game in 2008?

jomo
09-25-2011, 11:02 PM
In another come from behind victory in Philadelphia, who did Eli Manning hit forthe game winning TD?

allentown PA
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
In another come from behind victory in Philadelphia, who did Eli Manning hit for*the game winning TD?

plax

YATittle1962
09-25-2011, 11:09 PM

and who was it against ?

Z

seahawk game in 2008?

nope

Roswell777
09-26-2011, 11:15 AM
2001... 10 years ago... a very forgetable Giant year. 7-9 after a Superbowl year. The curse of many SB winners.</p>

Who led the team in INT's in 2001?</p>

</p>

armstead?</p>

Not Armstead.</p>

Barrow?</p>

hahahah... you're stuck on our LB's, allentown... it was a CB. Now the trick is to remember our CB's then.</p>

My guess is Sehorn.

And my question is...

Hershel Walker was one

You're right. Walker played for the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles. Good job.

zimonami
09-26-2011, 12:27 PM

</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

I'll take a shot and then I have a question for you guys. My guess is Sehorn. And my question is... Name a Giant running back who has also played for the Eagles and the Cowboys. Hershel Walker was one

</P>

Yes. As we all know, he also played for the Generals and the Vikings. He went from the Cowboys to the Vikings in what is considered the worst trade in NFL history.</P>

Question: What team did Herschel last play for?</P>

</P>

ny06
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM

</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

I'll take a shot and then I have a question for you guys. My guess is Sehorn. And my question is... Name a Giant running back who has also played for the Eagles and the Cowboys. Hershel Walker was one

</P>

Yes. As we all know, he also played for the Generals and the Vikings. He went from the Cowboys to the Vikings in what is considered the worst trade in NFL history.</P>

</P>

</P>

Walker went back to the franchise that signed him away from the usfl. </P>

Dallas Cowboys</P>

zimonami
09-26-2011, 12:34 PM

</P>

armstead?</P>

Not Armstead.</P>

Barrow?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Walker went back to the franchise that signed him away from the usfl. </P>

Dallas Cowboys</P>

</P>

Yup... good job, 06</P>

zimonami
09-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Let's stick with RB's that played for the Giants later in their careers.</P>

We all know Tiki is the all time Giant rushing leader. He is 22nd all-time in the NFL.</P>

Three former RB's that finished their careers playing for the Giants are also in the top 40 all0time NFL rushers. They are in positions 24, 35, and 39.</P>

Who are they, and put them in the correct order.</P>

ny06
09-26-2011, 12:45 PM

We all know Tiki is the all time Giant rushing leader. He is 22nd all-time in the NFL.</P>

Three former RB's that finished their careers playing for the Giants are also in the top 40 all0time NFL rushers. They are in positions 24, 35, and 39.</P>

</P>

The only three I can think of is Larry Csonka (but he technically finished his career with the dolphins)</P>

And of course OJ Anderson. </P>

And then we have Herschel Walker. </P>

And now to put them in order. </P>

24: OJ Anderson</P>

35: Herschel Walker</P>

39: Larry Csonka </P>

Logical guesses on the order...</P>

zimonami
09-26-2011, 01:20 PM

</P>

The only three I can think of is Larry Csonka (but he technically finished his career with the dolphins)</P>

</P>

Bingo, 06.</P>

What Giantis next on the list of NFL rushing leaders?</P>

Is he in the top 50, or the bottom 50?</P>

allentown PA
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM

Three former RB's that finished their careers playing for the Giants are also in the top 40 all0time NFL rushers.* They are in positions 24, 35, and 39.</P>

</P>

</P>

Bingo, 06.</P>

What Giant*is next on the list of NFL rushing leaders?</P>

Hampton??

allentown PA
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM

and who was it against ?

Z

seahawk game in 2008?

nope

this will be my last guess then ill give someone else a shot....2006 vs the eagles on the road...the one where we came back in the 4th and won in OT???

jax5338
09-26-2011, 06:52 PM

and who was it against ?

Z

seahawk game in 2008?

nope

this will be my last guess then ill give someone else a shot....2006 vs the eagles on the road...the one where we came back in the 4th and won in OT???

vs. rams at home in 2005

zimonami
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Bingo, 06.</P>

Hampton??</P>

you got it, allentown.</P>

Is Rodney in the top, or bottom 50?</P>

</P>

allentown PA
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM

Bingo, 06.</P>

What Giant*is next on the list of NFL rushing leaders?</P>

Hampton??</P>

*</P>

i guess ill go with bottom 50....that would be cool if he was in the top 50 though

zimonami
09-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Bingo, 06.</P>

Hampton??</P>

</P>

i guess ill go with bottom 50....that would be cool if he was in the top 50 though</P>

He'll never get any higher... 51. I'm sure he was in the top 40 when he retired, maybe higher.</P>

zimonami
09-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Rodney was about 27th after he retired in '97

allentown PA
09-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Rodney was about 27th after he retired in '97

wow.. I know he had some nice years but I didn't think he was so high on the all time list......Here is a question....What was Rodney Hampton's number in college???

YATittle1962
09-27-2011, 02:13 PM

and who was it against ?

Z

seahawk game in 2008?

nope

vs. rams at home in 2005

correct

allentown PA
09-27-2011, 02:51 PM
In the miserable 2003 season who led the giants in rushing touchdowns?????

YATittle1962
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM

Tiki would be to obvious .....so Ill go with Levens..... which seems ridiculous to me ....but I cant remember anyone else scoring

allentown PA
09-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Tiki would be to obvious .....so Ill go with Levens..... which seems ridiculous to me ....but I cant remember anyone else scoring

yup it was levens...good work...I thought this would be a tougher question.

allentown PA
09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
What number did Rodney Hampton wear in College?

zimonami
09-27-2011, 04:31 PM
What number did Rodney Hampton wear in College?</P>

I would have guessed 21, which is wrong because I looked it up... so, I'll wait to see if anyone gets it.</P>

allentown PA
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM

levens led the team with 3....3 rushing tds...wtf...lol

zimonami
09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
In the miserable 2003 season who led the giants in rushing touchdowns????? Tiki would be to obvious .....so Ill go with Levens..... which seems ridiculous to me ....but I cant remember anyone else scoring levens led the team with 3....3 rushing tds...wtf...lol</P>

Serious? I well remember Dorsey getting about 3 for us... which was why I didn't choose him. I just assumed someone else beat 3. Wow, terrible.</P>

allentown PA
09-27-2011, 08:19 PM
In the miserable 2003 season who led the giants in rushing touchdowns????? Tiki would be to obvious .....so Ill go with Levens..... which seems ridiculous to me ....but I cant remember anyone else scoring levens led the team with 3....3 rushing tds...wtf...lol</P>

Serious? I well remember Dorsey getting about 3 for us... which was why I didn't choose him. I just assumed someone else beat 3. Wow, terrible.</P>

yea thats pretty bad...I think they had only 5 rushing tds the whole year...that will lead to a 4-12 season.

zimonami
09-28-2011, 02:40 PM

No one answered yet... so, I will</P>

He wore No. 7 at Georgia</P>

jmike
09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
YA, since he apparently doesn't check his inbox and I have no other way to get a message to him could you please tell NYG Moderator there is a message (for a week now) in his inbox I would like him to address.

Thank you.

YATittle1962
09-30-2011, 11:16 PM
YA, since he apparently doesn't check his inbox and I have no other way to get a message to him could you please tell NYG Moderator there is a message (for a week now) in his inbox I would like him to address.

Thank you.

check yr PM

allentown PA
10-02-2011, 09:39 AM

No one answered yet... so, I will</P>

He wore No. 7 at Georgia</P>

yup...good job zim even if u looked it up..im still amazed he was so high on the all time rushing list when he retired.

zimonami
10-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Discussion about Mario's inability to learn his routes leads me to ask about another Giant who wasn't quite gifted in the brains department.</P>

Drafted in 1981, 4th round, he was put on some inactive list for the year because he couldn't learn the plays. Phil had to tell him it was a run right, or left. Preseason he nearly got Phil killed by missing his blitz pick-ups. Originallyon scholarship at Oklahoma, even they dropped him because he was so dumb, and he went to Oklahoma Baptist, Central, or some such school. He played for about 30 carries in 1982, but that was it.</P>

Who was this guy?</P>

YATittle1962
10-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Discussion about Mario's inability to learn his routes leads me to ask about another Giant who wasn't quite gifted in the brains department.</P>

Drafted in 1981, 4th round,* he was put on some inactive list for the year because he couldn't learn the plays. Phil had to tell him it was a run right, or left.* Preseason he nearly got Phil killed by missing his blitz pick-ups.* Originally*on scholarship at Oklahoma, even they dropped him because he was so dumb, and he went to Oklahoma Baptist, Central, or some such school. *He played for about 30 carries in 1982, but that was it.</P>

Who was this guy?</P>

Zimmy

I love this question......I can see him in my mind missing blitz pick ups consistently and getting Phil decapitated by monstrous Dennis Harrison or someone ......

I see a jersey number either 30 or 31

but for the life of me cant remember his name

this guy was notoriously dumb as a stone and we used to joke about it......

I may have to call my brother.,.....he would remember...I think he had a little song about him

keyofgmen
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM

Drafted in 1981, 4th round,* he was put on some inactive list for the year because he couldn't learn the plays. Phil had to tell him it was a run right, or left.* Preseason he nearly got Phil killed by missing his blitz pick-ups.* Originally*on scholarship at Oklahoma, even they dropped him because he was so dumb, and he went to Oklahoma Baptist, Central, or some such school. *He played for about 30 carries in 1982, but that was it.</P>

Who was this guy?</P>

Zimmy

I love this question......I can see him in my mind missing blitz pick ups consistently and getting Phil decapitated ......

I may have to call my brother.,.....he would remember...I think he had a little song about him

I remember also...I looked it up, but won't say just yet.

allentown PA
10-04-2011, 11:55 AM

Who was this guy?</P>

Zimmy

I love this question......I can see him in my mind missing blitz pick ups consistently and getting Phil decapitated by monstrous Dennis Harrison or someone ......

adams???

YATittle1962
10-04-2011, 11:58 AM

Who was this guy?</P>

Zimmy

adams???

doesnt sound right

I could be wrong though

zimonami
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Not George Adams. Adams had a better career than this guy, who was only on the active roster for '82.</P>

Yes, his Number was 31.</P>

Someone will get it... I've mentioned this guy a few times before... for the same thing - lack of brains. Seriously, do you understand how dumb you have to be to fail out of Oklahoma as a football player?</P>

I'd have to do some research, but I remember OK winning the national title one time and not a single player was graduating on time, out of like 73 players on the roster.</P>

jomo
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Not George Adams.* Adams had a better career than this guy, who was only on the active roster for '82.</P>

Someone will get it... I've mentioned this guy a few times before... for the same thing - lack of brains.* Seriously, do you understand how dumb you have to be to fail out of Oklahoma as a football player?</P>

I'd have to do some research, but I remember OK winning the national title one time and not a single player was graduating on time, out of like 73 players on the roster.</P>Chapman?? not sure of his first name.............or last name for that matter lol.

zimonami
10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Not George Adams. Adams had a better career than this guy, who was only on the active roster for '82.</P>

Someone will get it... I've mentioned this guy a few times before... for the same thing - lack of brains. Seriously, do you understand how dumb you have to be to fail out of Oklahoma as a football player?</P>

I'd have to do some research, but I remember OK winning the national title one time and not a single player was graduating on time, out of like 73 players on the roster.</P>

Chapman?? not sure of his first name.............or last name for that matter lol.</P>

Good job, jomo... Clifford Chatman. </P>

allentown PA
10-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Not George Adams.* Adams had a better career than this guy, who was only on the active roster for '82.</P>

Someone will get it... I've mentioned this guy a few times before... for the same thing - lack of brains.* Seriously, do you understand how dumb you have to be to fail out of Oklahoma as a football player?</P>

Chapman?? not sure of his first name.............or last name for that matter lol.</P>

Good job, jomo... Clifford Chatman.* </P>

wow..good job jomo...I never heard of this guy

jomo
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Good job, jomo... Clifford Chatman.* </P>lol, was Bobby Huggins father coaching that Oklahoma team?

allentown PA
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
In 1989 the Giants beat the seahawks at home on a cold november game...I think it was a 4pm kick time...the giants won that game 15-3...who kicked 2 field goals for the giants that day?

jomo
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
In 1989 the Giants beat the seahawks at home on a cold november game...I think it was a 4pm kick time...the giants won that game 15-3...who kicked 2 field goals for the giants that day?Raul Allegre?

allentown PA
10-04-2011, 07:37 PM
In 1989 the Giants beat the seahawks at home on a cold november game...I think it was a 4pm kick time...the giants won that game 15-3...who kicked 2 field goals for the giants that day?Raul Allegre?

nope..but that would have been my guess..this one is gonna be tough.

zimonami
10-04-2011, 09:27 PM
In 1989 the Giants beat the seahawks at home on a cold november game...I think it was a 4pm kick time...the giants won that game 15-3...who kicked 2 field goals for the giants that day?Raul Allegre? nope..but that would have been my guess..this one is gonna be tough.</P>

Actually, this is easy. Who could forget Bjorn Nittmo? I remember him very well. Allegre got hurt and Bjorn kicked for 5-6 games. He was OK</P>

allentown PA
10-04-2011, 09:31 PM
In 1989 the Giants beat the seahawks at home on a cold november game...I think it was a 4pm kick time...the giants won that game 15-3...who kicked 2 field goals for the giants that day?Raul Allegre? nope..but that would have been my guess..this one is gonna be tough.</P>

Actually, this is easy. Who could forget Bjorn Nittmo? I remember him very well.* Allegre got hurt and Bjorn kicked for 5-6 games.* He was OK</P>

damn it...thought that would have been hard...good job zim

jomo
10-05-2011, 05:56 AM

Actually, this is easy. Who could forget Bjorn Nittmo? I remember him very well. Allegre got hurt and Bjorn kicked for 5-6 games. He was OK</P> damn it...thought that would have been hard...good job zimNow that you mention it Zim, I remember Allegre getting hurt but i don't remember Nittmo. Good question!

SEC105
10-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Little rusty....but here goes Eli now has 6 career 4 TD games.....Who was the last GiantQB to do this?</P>

http://ihavenet.com/images/Eli-Manning-Super-Bowl-XLII-Celebration.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Who's this former Giant?</P>

http://www.playattherock.com/cmsimg/nittmo_nfl-1.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Little rusty....but here goes Eli now has 6 career 4 TD games.....Who was the last GiantQB to do this?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Welcome back, Frank... the most handsome of us all.</P>

It would be hard not to say Simms after all his years, but I'm gonna go with YA.</P>

zimonami
10-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Z</P>

</P>

IT'S BJORN AGAIN NITTMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

SEC105
10-07-2011, 04:38 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Welcome back, Frank... the most handsome of us all.</P>

It would be hard not to say Simms after all his years, but I'm gonna go with YA.</P>

</P>

Thanks Z....It's YA.....the time off reminds me I'm gonna have to come up with more difficult ???s</P>

you guys are too good lol</P>

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/ape-tittle-vsskins-8x10.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-07-2011, 04:39 PM

Z</P>

</P>

IT'S BJORN AGAIN NITTMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

</P>

Thats him!!!</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
10-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Lets hope Osi can pick up where he left off against the Seabags!</P>

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Osi+Umenyiora+New+York+Giants+v+Seattle+Seahawks+E eSPqtk246il.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
10-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Lets hope Osi can pick up where he left off against the Seabags!</P>

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Osi+Umenyiora+New+York+Giants+v+Seattle+Seahawks+E eSPqtk246il.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

It makes all the difference in the world to have you here again, Giff :) Thanks for coming back, and a safe trip to SC if you go.</P>

jmike
10-08-2011, 12:57 AM
What is it that Homer Jones and Michael Strahan have in common that also makes them unique to the Giants?

zimonami
10-08-2011, 01:04 AM
What is it that Homer Jones and Michael Strahan have in common that also makes them unique to the Giants?
</P>

This is a toughie</P>

</P>

zimonami
10-08-2011, 01:07 AM
</P>

This is a toughie</P>

</P>

</P>

Both went to Texas Southern?</P>

I know Strahan went there, and Homer was from Texas, so there's a chance he did, too</P>

</P>

zimonami
10-08-2011, 01:07 AM
</P>

This is a toughie</P>

</P>

</P>

I know Strahan went there, and Homer was from Texas, so there's a chance he did, too</P>

</P>

jmike
10-08-2011, 01:32 AM
</p>

This is a toughie</p>

</p>

</p>

Both went to Texas Southern?</p>

I know Strahan went there, and Homer was from Texas, so there's a chance he did, too</p>

</p>They did, but what makes that unique to the Giants?

zimonami
10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
</P>

This is a toughie</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

They did, but what makes that unique to the Giants?
</P>

They are the only players from their Alma Mater who have ever been on the Giant's?</P>

jomo
10-08-2011, 10:17 AM
</P>

This is a toughie</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

They are the only players from their Alma Mater who have ever been on the Giant's?</P>

Very tough Zim. I know that Jones, with his post touchdown "spike" is considered to be the father of the end zone celebration. Certainly Strahan had his signature post sack celebration but he wasn't even close to the first to do that. Did they both have gaps in their smile?? [:D]</P>

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4yqz3Yyx-aEIrQ6hk9l6XO6SNzD_IjeKwdtImoznPkpwakzkLhttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3irQhs5-gFHpIkkI_z9q9EyDuNQJN2cV_iDVNTerquYZ_DgnvWQ</P>

zimonami
10-08-2011, 10:24 AM
</P>

This is a toughie</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Very tough Zim. I know that Jones, with his post touchdown "spike" is considered to be the father of the end zone celebration. Certainly Strahan had his signature post sack celebration but he wasn't even close to the first to do that. Did they both have gaps in their smile?? [:D]</P>

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4yqz3Yyx-aEIrQ6hk9l6XO6SNzD_IjeKwdtImoznPkpwakzkLhttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3irQhs5-gFHpIkkI_z9q9EyDuNQJN2cV_iDVNTerquYZ_DgnvWQ</P>

</P>

LOL on the 'gap'... yet, it is true.</P>

Perhaps they are the only players from Texas Southern to ever play in the NFL... but I seriously doubt that between the 60's to now they never had another NFL player.</P>

Perhaps they both had the same major? besides football.</P>

It's got to be that they're the only ones from Tx Southern to play gor the Gmen.</P>

jmike
10-08-2011, 07:09 PM
</p>

This is a toughie</p>

</p>

</p>

Both went to Texas Southern?</p>

I know Strahan went there, and Homer was from Texas, so there's a chance he did, too</p>

</p>

</p>

They are the only players from their Alma Mater who have ever been on the Giant's?</p>IDK if they were the only players to play, but they are the only two Texas Southern players the Giants have ever drafted.

allentown PA
10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Who was the last giant to have double digit Ints in a season and what year was it???

jomo
10-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Who was the last giant to have double digit Ints in a season and what year was it???Willie Williams in the late '60's?

allentown PA
10-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Who was the last giant to have double digit Ints in a season and what year was it???Willie Williams in the late '60's?

yea..jeez...lol...great job jomo..it was 1968 he had 10 picks...I never heard of him...I just saw the stat on pro football refrence...did he play for those great packer teams in the 60's too???

zimonami
10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Who was the last giant to have double digit Ints in a season and what year was it???Willie Williams in the late '60's? yea..jeez...lol...great job jomo..it was 1968 he had 10 picks...I never heard of him...I just saw the stat on pro football refrence...did he play for those great packer teams in the 60's too???</P>

I was gonna say Spider. The two of them played 7-8 years together from 65-73... then Spider played a few more years. Willie never played at GB</P>

Good job jomo. I thought Willie's best year he had 9.</P>

allentown PA
10-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Who was the last giant to have double digit Ints in a season and what year was it???Willie Williams in the late '60's? yea..jeez...lol...great job jomo..it was 1968 he had 10 picks...I never heard of him...I just saw the stat on pro football refrence...did he play for those great packer teams in the 60's too???</P>

I was gonna say Spider.* The two of them played 7-8 years together from 65-73... then Spider played a few more years. Willie never played at GB</P>

Good job jomo.* I thought Willie's best year he had 9.</P>

good stuff..we had some excellent players in the secondary back in the day....I know of **** Lynch...he went to ND

zimonami
10-09-2011, 09:19 PM

I was gonna say Spider. The two of them played 7-8 years together from 65-73... then Spider played a few more years. Willie never played at GB</P>

good stuff..we had some excellent players in the secondary back in the day....I know of **** Lynch...he went to ND</P>

Lynch and Jimmy Patton</P>

allentown PA
10-09-2011, 09:22 PM

I was gonna say Spider.* The two of them played 7-8 years together from 65-73... then Spider played a few more years. Willie never played at GB</P>

I looked it up...I was thinking of Willie Wood for the packers...my mistake

jomo
10-09-2011, 10:27 PM

I looked it up...I was thinking of Willie Wood for the packers...my mistakeThose were my formative years as a Giants fan, showing my age!

jmike
10-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Who was the last giant to have double digit Ints in a season and what year was it???Willie Williams in the late '60's? yea..jeez...lol...great job jomo..it was 1968 he had 10 picks...I never heard of him...I just saw the stat on pro football refrence...did he play for those great packer teams in the 60's too???</p>

I was gonna say Spider. The two of them played 7-8 years together from 65-73... then Spider played a few more years. Willie never played at GB</p>

Good job jomo. I thought Willie's best year he had 9.</p>

I looked it up...I was thinking of Willie Wood for the packers...my mistakeThose were my formative years as a Giants fan, showing my age!What exactly is a formative year?

zimonami
10-12-2011, 05:19 PM

I looked it up...I was thinking of Willie Wood for the packers...my mistakeThose were my formative years as a Giants fan, showing my age!What exactly is a formative year?
</P>

Seems your question put a dead stop to all hunam thought. We are football gurus, not philosphers. For me a formative year might have beenthe yearI met my wife ('67)... or the first time having sex, or my 65th birthday year. Could very likely have beenthe NFC Chamionships in 'January 1986, when I realized we were going to be the SB Champions, without a doubt, the next, '86, season. </P>

But, truly, there are no formative years. There are only formative events. </P>

The first time you realize you were just fine after being punched bare knuckles in the face. Your marriage day. Birth of a child. Winning the SB (we have 3 of those, to match my 2 sons and 1 grand daughter). Notice how I made this into a bit Giant related? </P>

jmike
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Who was the last giant to have double digit Ints in a season and what year was it???Willie Williams in the late '60's? yea..jeez...lol...great job jomo..it was 1968 he had 10 picks...I never heard of him...I just saw the stat on pro football refrence...did he play for those great packer teams in the 60's too???</p>

I was gonna say Spider. The two of them played 7-8 years together from 65-73... then Spider played a few more years. Willie never played at GB</p>

Good job jomo. I thought Willie's best year he had 9.</p>

</p>

Seems your question put a dead stop to all hunam thought. We are football gurus, not philosphers. For me a formative year might have beenthe yearI met my wife ('67)... or the first time having sex, or my 65th birthday year. Could very likely have beenthe NFC Chamionships in 'January 1986, when I realized we were going to be the SB Champions, without a doubt, the next, '86, season. </p>

But, truly, there are no formative years. There are only formative events. </p>

<font size="4">The first time you realize you were just fine after being punched bare knuckles in the face.</font> Your marriage day. Birth of a child. Winning the SB (we have 3 of those, to match my 2 sons and 1 grand daughter). Notice how I made this into a bit Giant related? </p>Well "fine" would be a matter of degree and whether or not they stopped at 1.

jomo
10-13-2011, 08:56 PM

Seems your question put a dead stop to all hunam thought. We are football gurus, not philosphers. For me a formative year might have beenthe yearI met my wife ('67)... or the first time having sex, or my 65th birthday year. Could very likely have beenthe NFC Chamionships in 'January 1986, when I realized we were going to be the SB Champions, without a doubt, the next, '86, season. </P>

<FONT size=4>The first time you realize you were just fine after being punched bare knuckles in the face.</FONT> Your marriage day. Birth of a child. Winning the SB (we have 3 of those, to match my 2 sons and 1 grand daughter). Notice how I made this into a bit Giant related? </P>Well "fine" would be a matter of degree and whether or not they stopped at 1.
Must I remind all you philosphers here that there were no "formative events" in the late 60's? Hence, I was forced to endure formative years. It made me a stronger person, if not happier!

zimonami
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM

<FONT size=4>The first time you realize you were just fine after being punched bare knuckles in the face.</FONT> Your marriage day. Birth of a child. Winning the SB (we have 3 of those, to match my 2 sons and 1 grand daughter). Notice how I made this into a bit Giant related? </P>

Well "fine" would be a matter of degree and whether or not they stopped at 1.
Must I remind all you philosphers here that there were no "formative events" in the late 60's? Hence, I was forced to endure formative years. It made me a stronger person, if not happier!</P>

1967 - Married Kris</P>

1968 - my 1st son was born</P>

1968 - Martin Luther King Jr. is assassinated</P>

1968 - Robert Kennedyis assassinated</P>

1969 - Mets win WS</P>

1969-'70 - Knicks win NBA Championship</P>

I think I have to disagree with you, jomo... these were all farmative events for me.</P>

byron
10-13-2011, 10:52 PM
It shapes us, influences how wegrow emotionallyand otherwise turns us into what we are today...the good the bad and the ugly all rolled up in one day ,one year ,one life how lucky we are to havethose formative years without them there is nothing.....</P>

</P>

ok I'm done ..lol</P>

jomo
10-13-2011, 11:12 PM

<FONT size=4>The first time you realize you were just fine after being punched bare knuckles in the face.</FONT> Your marriage day. Birth of a child. Winning the SB (we have 3 of those, to match my 2 sons and 1 grand daughter). Notice how I made this into a bit Giant related? </P>

Well "fine" would be a matter of degree and whether or not they stopped at 1.
Must I remind all you philosphers here that there were no "formative events" in the late 60's? Hence, I was forced to endure formative years. It made me a stronger person, if not happier!</P>

1967 - Married Kris</P>

1968 - my 1st son was born</P>

1968 - Martin Luther King Jr. is assassinated</P>

1968 - Robert Kennedyis assassinated</P>

1969 - Mets win WS</P>

1969-'70 - Knicks win NBA Championship</P>

I think I have to disagree with you, jomo... these were all farmative events for me.</P>lol Zim, I was referring to the non-existence of New York Football Giants "formative events" in the 60's. You and we did howevergrow quite a bit in those 3 years from '67 to '69.

YATittle1962
10-13-2011, 11:33 PM
It shapes us, influences how we*grow emotionally*and otherwise turns us into what we are today...the good the bad and the ugly all rolled up in one day ,one year ,one life how lucky we are to have*those formative years without them there is nothing.....</P>

*</P>

ok I'm done ..lol**</P>

I like what yr saying here my man.....

and not only pertaining to football.....those years were pretty special times in this country

and a great time to become a man

there will never again be an era in this country like the 1960s

and in my mind "the 60's" as a historic time spanned from JFKs assassination to Watergate

even though Watergate was the early 1970s.....to me those were the bookends of that magical time.....the beginning and the end if you will

so to stay true to our thread.....

in the year that G. Gordon Liddy presented his plan involving the illegal activities who led the Giants in receiving with 55 receptions and 764 yds?

jmike
10-14-2011, 12:16 AM
It shapes us, influences how wegrow emotionallyand otherwise turns us into what we are today...the good the bad and the ugly all rolled up in one day ,one year ,one life how lucky we are to havethose formative years without them there is nothing.....</p>

</p>

ok I'm done ..lol</p>

and not only pertaining to football.....those years were pretty special times in this country

and in my mind "the 60's" as a historic time spanned from JFKs assassination to Watergate

even though Watergate was the early 1970s.....to me those were the bookends of that magical time.....the beginning and the end if you will

in the year that G. Gordon Liddy presented his plan involving the illegal activities who led the Giants in receiving with 55 receptions and 764 yds?Magical? One politician gets his skull blown off and the other proves shows the world what unethical *** politicians are (if they didn't already know). I hope you mean what happened between them because those certainly were not magical moments.

Speaking of magical, do you know what kind of mushrooms the mushrooms in the Mario Bros. video games are patterned after?

zimonami
10-14-2011, 12:21 AM
It shapes us, influences how wegrow emotionallyand otherwise turns us into what we are today...the good the bad and the ugly all rolled up in one day ,one year ,one life how lucky we are to havethose formative years without them there is nothing.....</P>

</P>

ok I'm done ..lol</P>

I like what yr saying here my man..... and not only pertaining to football.....those years were pretty special times in this country and a great time to become a man there will never again be an era in this country like the 1960s and in my mind "the 60's" as a historic time spanned from JFKs assassination to Watergate even though Watergate was the early 1970s.....to me those were the bookends of that magical time.....the beginning and the end if you will so to stay true to our thread..... in the year that G. Gordon Liddy presented his plan involving the illegal activities who led the Giants in receiving with 55 receptions and 764 yds?</P>

Had to be Tucker, YA. He led the team about 3 years in a row in the early 70's.</P>

I went to HS, '60 - '64</P>

College, '64 - '68</P>

Married in 67. Moved up to CT in '68 and worked at UniRoyal where they had hired 50+ chemists and engineers in '67 and '68. We partied hardy those late 60's and early '70's...I played inSoftball, football, basketball, and golf leagues. In addition to playing I was an ASA Softball ump and an NCAA football ref,starting withPeeWee's and Freshman, then JV and varsity. Those years were great for me, and the worst for the Giants. But, we definitely had Giants to remember, like Bob Tucker, during those years.</P>

zimonami
10-14-2011, 12:28 AM

</P>

ok I'm done ..lol</P>

I like what yr saying here my man..... and not only pertaining to football.....those years were pretty special times in this country and a great time to become a man there will never again be an era in this country like the 1960s and in my mind "the 60's" as a historic time spanned from JFKs assassination to Watergate even though Watergate was the early 1970s.....to me those were the bookends of that magical time.....the beginning and the end if you will so to stay true to our thread..... in the year that G. Gordon Liddy presented his plan involving the illegal activities who led the Giants in receiving with 55 receptions and 764 yds?Magical? One politician gets his skull blown off and the other proves shows the world what unethical *** politicians are (if they didn't already know). I hope you mean what happened between them because those certainly were not magical moments.

Speaking of magical, do you know what kind of mushrooms the mushrooms in the Mario Bros. video games are patterned after?
</P>

My son says they looked like Smurf houses. </P>

YATittle1962
10-14-2011, 12:36 AM
It shapes us, influences how we*grow emotionally*and otherwise turns us into what we are today...the good the bad and the ugly all rolled up in one day ,one year ,one life how lucky we are to have*those formative years without them there is nothing.....</p>

*</p>

ok I'm done ..lol**</p>

in the year that G. Gordon Liddy presented his plan involving the illegal activities who led the Giants in receiving with 55 receptions and 764 yds?Magical? One politician gets his skull blown off and the other proves shows the world what unethical *** politicians are (if they didn't already know).* I hope you mean what happened between them because those certainly were not magical moments.

yes magical jm

and it was Tucker zim

jomo
10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
It shapes us, influences how we*grow emotionally*and otherwise turns us into what we are today...the good the bad and the ugly all rolled up in one day ,one year ,one life how lucky we are to have*those formative years without them there is nothing.....</p>

*</p>

ok I'm done ..lol**</p>

in the year that G. Gordon Liddy presented his plan involving the illegal activities who led the Giants in receiving with 55 receptions and 764 yds?Magical? One politician gets his skull blown off and the other proves shows the world what unethical *** politicians are (if they didn't already know).* I hope you mean what happened between them because those certainly were not magical moments.

yes magical jm

and it was Tucker zimI can almost hear Bob Sheperd saying........"Bob Tuckahhh"!

YATittle1962
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM

*</p>

ok I'm done ..lol**</p>

yes magical jm

and it was Tucker zimI can almost hear Bob Sheperd saying........"Bob Tuckahhh"!

wow.....

when I read your post I kind of drifted into a daydream for a few seconds and I swear to you u I could smell popcorn and beer

allentown PA
10-14-2011, 04:56 PM
When was the last time the Giants beat the Bills at home? What Year?

keyofgmen
10-14-2011, 05:16 PM

Pretty sure I was at this game with my Ma..1970..

zimonami
10-14-2011, 05:21 PM
When was the last time the Giants beat the Bills at home? What Year? Pretty sure I was at this game with my Ma..1970..</P>

I haven't got a clue... but, if this holds up , after 41 years, I'll be shocked, and Key willdeserve many props</P>

YATittle1962
10-14-2011, 05:22 PM

wasnt there a Mon night game...around '75......the one where Cosell was drunk in the booth..... remember that?

that may have been @ Buffalo though

pretty sure Simpson ran all over us in that game but we squeaked out the win

allentown PA
10-14-2011, 08:05 PM

wasnt there a Mon night game...around '75......the one where Cosell was drunk in the booth..... remember that?

great job key..it was 1970...ur rite YA the 75 game was at buffalo..I never knew Cosell was drunk during a giant game...lol

allentown PA
10-14-2011, 08:06 PM
i may be a homer but I have a good feeling about Sunday...I think the effort will be good and I think we are a better team injuries or not.

YATittle1962
10-14-2011, 08:07 PM

great job key..it was 1970...ur rite YA the 75 game was at buffalo..I never knew Cosell was drunk during a giant game...lol

yeah ....pretty sure they made him leave at halftime......saying he was sick

maybe some of these guys remember.......I can almost promise you Zimmy does

allentown PA
10-14-2011, 08:10 PM

that must have been great...think of how big of a deal that would be if that happened today....there would be a special on espn about it or a 6 pack of cold hard facts done by John clayton about it.

YATittle1962
10-14-2011, 08:16 PM

that must have been great...think of how big of a deal that would be if that happened today....there would be a special on espn about it or a 6 pack of cold hard facts done by John clayton about it.

oh my god there would be a whole reality show dedicated to his rehab and return to the booth

either that or he would be black listen like Sean Salisbury

allentown PA
10-14-2011, 08:41 PM

oh my god there would be a whole reality show dedicated to his rehab and return to the booth

haha...what did Salisbury do hit on some intern or something?

YATittle1962
10-14-2011, 09:21 PM

haha...what did Salisbury do hit on some intern or something?

he was texting pictures of his genitals or something stupid like that

allentown PA
10-14-2011, 10:39 PM
What former Bills player led the Giants in tackles in 1993?

jmike
10-15-2011, 01:23 AM
What former Bills player led the Giants in tackles in 1993?Carlton Bailey

allentown PA
10-15-2011, 06:58 AM
What former Bills player led the Giants in tackles in 1993?Carlton Bailey

good job jmike..he had a 132 tackles that year.

YATittle1962
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
When was the last time the Giants beat the Bills at home? What Year? Pretty sure I was at this game with my Ma..1970..</P>

I haven't got a clue... but, if this holds up , after 41 years, I'll be shocked, and Key will*deserve many props</P>

Zimmy were you at the game today?

I swear I saw someone I thought was you walking into....I think it was 131.....

I yelled ZIMMY!!!!!....but got no response....but I wasnt real close

this guy had a blue Giants windbreaker on and and a black Giants hat and shorts.......he was with a big guy with a buzz cut and a gray hoodie....

could it have been you?

sure looked like the guy ive seen in pictures

YATittle1962
10-16-2011, 07:14 PM
what Giants kicker is tied with Pete Gogolak for Giants PAT record with 133 ?

zimonami
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM

I haven't got a clue... but, if this holds up , after 41 years, I'll be shocked, and Key willdeserve many props</P>

Zimmy were you at the game today? I swear I saw someone I thought was you walking into....I think it was 131..... I yelled ZIMMY!!!!!....but got no response....but I wasnt real close this guy had a blue Giants windbreaker on and and a black Giants hat and shorts.......he was with a big guy with a buzz cut and a gray hoodie.... could it have been you? sure looked like the guy ive seen in pictures</P>

Hey, YA. Yes, I was there, but don't think it was me you saw. My son and I didn't get to the stadium until 12:30... rushed thru the Legacy room and up to our seats in 312. I had on my blue Simms #11, and my son had a blue/white/red SB42 coat. I knew we weren't going to get there until late, bummer... which was why I didn't try to make plans to hook up.</P>

Good game. The O LIne was slightly better run blocking. It takes time for them to get that chemistry... but, we don't have too much time left for them to gel if we're going to compete with the tough upcoming schedule. LB's need to step up better, too.</P>

</P>

allentown PA
10-17-2011, 08:07 PM
When was the last time the giants beat the Dolphins at home?

zimonami
10-17-2011, 08:17 PM
When was the last time the giants beat the Dolphins at home? </P>

A trick question?</P>

We were home team for the London game.</P>

allentown PA
10-17-2011, 08:18 PM

A trick question?</P>

not a trick zim...we were the road team in that game..im almost positive. We wouldnt be home this time around if we were.

zimonami
10-17-2011, 08:33 PM

A trick question?</P>

not a trick zim...we were the road team in that game..im almost positive. We wouldnt be home this time around if we were.</P>

You're right... just looked. It's been a while, but I'm not sure how long... maybe back around 1990?</P>

allentown PA
10-17-2011, 08:40 PM

A trick question?</P>

not a trick zim...we were the road team in that game..im almost positive. We wouldnt be home this time around if we were.</P>

You're right... just looked. It's been a while, but I'm not sure how long... maybe back around 1990?</P>

yup 1990 it was...good job Zim...They beat a Dolphins team that ended up being 12-4 that year 20-3...Marino had 140 yards passing and 2 ints...man those Giant teams in the 80's and early 90's were good.

allentown PA
10-17-2011, 09:38 PM

Tynes???

YATittle1962
10-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Tynes???

Tynes it is

allentown PA
10-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Tynes???

Tynes it is

who is pete goglak? when did he play?