PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

YATittle1962
10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
what Giants kicker is tied with Pete Gogolak for Giants PAT record with 133 ?

Tynes???

Tynes it is

who is pete goglak? when did he play?

Pete Gogolak was the NFLs very first soccer style kicker

he played for the Giants from '65 to '74

they got him on a controversial signing when Well Mara broke the unwritten rule between the AFL and NFL that they would not sign each others players...he was previously playing for the Bills

this prompted Al Davis to start snagging NFL players

and this whole war ultimately ended up in a merger....

Roosevelt
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey guys. I thought this might be the best place for this question.

Has a team ever been the visitor twice in one season at the same stadium?

zimonami
10-18-2011, 12:54 PM

</P>

Are you looking for the answer, Rosie, or do you already know?</P>

This sounds very familiar... like, YES, it has happened. But, I can't remember where or when.</P>

Of course, if you count preseason visits, the most recent was Carolina visiting the Giants in preseason, within the past couple of years, then again in the regular season in a normal 'away' game for them. This probably happens every year in the NFL... so, I'm pretty sure you mean being visitor 2X during regular season.</P>

KATKAVAGE75
10-18-2011, 01:23 PM
The N.O. Saints in 2005 played the NY Giants in the Meadowlands because Hurricane Katrina closed the Super Dome. Then later in the year they were back in the Meadowlands to play the Jets.

keyofgmen
10-18-2011, 02:07 PM
what Giants kicker is tied with Pete Gogolak for Giants PAT record with 133 ?

Tynes???

Tynes it is

who is pete goglak? when did he play?

Pete Gogolak was the NFLs very first soccer style kicker

he played for the Giants from '65 to '74

they got him on a controversial signing when Well Mara broke the unwritten rule between the AFL and NFL that they would not sign each others players...he was previously playing for the Bills

this prompted Al Davis to start snagging NFL players

and this whole war ultimately ended up in a merger....

Wow, I guess I am old..I thought Allentown was joking. Who is Pete Gogolak?! JK Alllentown.
I remember going to the back yard and pretending I could kick "soccer style" !!

keyofgmen
10-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Ok folks.. a new game.

I will throw a quote at you (from a reliable source that some of you may have) and you match it to the Giant that said it. I will give 4 options.
Some of these go way back!

Here is 1st one:

"You never want to tell a coach you can't do it because there's always someone else on the sideline waiting for a chance, and he might just go out there and do it"

A) Fran Tarkenton
B) Brandon Jacobs
C) Y.A. Tittle
D) Carl Banks

Roosevelt
10-18-2011, 03:49 PM

</p>

Are you looking for the answer, Rosie, or do you already know?</p>

This sounds very familiar... like, YES, it has happened. But, I can't remember where or when.</p>

Of course, if you count preseason visits, the most recent was Carolina visiting the Giants in preseason, within the past couple of years, then again in the regular season in a normal 'away' game for them. This probably happens every year in the NFL... so, I'm pretty sure you mean being visitor 2X during regular season.</p>

Yes Reg season and no I don't know the answer.

Roosevelt
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
The N.O. Saints in 2005 played the NY Giants in the Meadowlands because Hurricane Katrina closed the Super Dome. Then later in the year they were back in the Meadowlands to play the Jets.

Ah yes, but the Saints were officially the Home team at our stadium if you recall.

zimonami
10-18-2011, 05:20 PM

</P>

This sounds very familiar... like, YES, it has happened. But, I can't remember where or when.</P>

Of course, if you count preseason visits, the most recent was Carolina visiting the Giants in preseason, within the past couple of years, then again in the regular season in a normal 'away' game for them. This probably happens every year in the NFL... so, I'm pretty sure you mean being visitor 2X during regular season.</P>

</P>

OK... our 2007 season... The Patriots played at Giant Stadium as the visitor against the Giants, and also had to play one game there as visitor against the jets.</P>

NYGRealityCheck
10-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Hey guys.* I thought this might be the best place for this question.

</P>

Of course, if you count preseason visits, the most recent was Carolina visiting the Giants in preseason, within the past couple of years,* then again in the regular season in a normal 'away' game for them. This probably happens every year in the NFL... so, I'm pretty sure you mean being visitor 2X during regular season.</P>

</P>

OK... our 2007 season... The Patriots played at Giant Stadium as the visitor against the Giants, and also had to play one game there as visitor against the jets.</P>

With the Jets and Giants sharing a stadium, it probably happens more often than you would think. Like the Dolphins vs. Jets yesterday and the Dolphins vs. Giants in Week 8, same with the Cowboys this season too. Just simply, 25% of the time that the Jets and Giants share common opponents in a regular season, the opponent plays in Giants Stadium twice.

And it's totally possible for an opponent to play at Giants Stadium three times in one season. Example, Cowboys vs. Jets, Cowboys vs. Giants (Regular Season), Cowboys vs. Giants (Playoff game).

So how many times has a team played 3 times in a season at Giants Stadium???

allentown PA
10-18-2011, 07:53 PM

</P>

Of course, if you count preseason visits, the most recent was Carolina visiting the Giants in preseason, within the past couple of years,* then again in the regular season in a normal 'away' game for them. This probably happens every year in the NFL... so, I'm pretty sure you mean being visitor 2X during regular season.</P>

</P>

With the Jets and Giants sharing a stadium, it probably happens more often than you would think. Like the Dolphins vs. Jets yesterday and the Dolphins vs. Giants in Week 8, same with the Cowboys this season too. Just simply, 25% of the time that the Jets and Giants share common opponents in a regular season, the opponent plays in Giants Stadium twice.

And it's totally possible for an opponent to play at Giants Stadium three times in one season. Example, Cowboys vs. Jets, Cowboys vs. Giants (Regular Season), Cowboys vs. Giants (Playoff game).

So how many times has a team played 3 times in a season at Giants Stadium???

thats a badass question..i have no clue

jomo
10-18-2011, 08:11 PM

</P>

</P>

OK... our 2007 season... The Patriots played at Giant Stadium as the visitor against the Giants, and also had to play one game there as visitor against the jets.</P> With the Jets and Giants sharing a stadium, it probably happens more often than you would think. Like the Dolphins vs. Jets yesterday and the Dolphins vs. Giants in Week 8, same with the Cowboys this season too. Just simply, 25% of the time that the Jets and Giants share common opponents in a regular season, the opponent plays in Giants Stadium twice. And it's totally possible for an opponent to play at Giants Stadium three times in one season. Example, Cowboys vs. Jets, Cowboys vs. Giants (Regular Season), Cowboys vs. Giants (Playoff game). So how many times has a team played 3 times in a season at Giants Stadium??? thats a badass question..i have no clueDoesn't it happen all the time with division foes coming back for a playoff game? Like if we play Eagles or Cowboys in the playoffs, one of us is going to make the second trip there (orto Giants Stadium) as a visitor for the second time.

Roosevelt
10-18-2011, 08:22 PM

</p>

Are you looking for the answer, Rosie, or do you already know?</p>

This sounds very familiar... like, YES, it has happened. But, I can't remember where or when.</p>

Of course, if you count preseason visits, the most recent was Carolina visiting the Giants in preseason, within the past couple of years, then again in the regular season in a normal 'away' game for them. This probably happens every year in the NFL... so, I'm pretty sure you mean being visitor 2X during regular season.</p>

</p>

OK... our 2007 season... The Patriots played at Giant Stadium as the visitor against the Giants, and also had to play one game there as visitor against the jets.</p>
Well that was easy, and not very long ago! [;)]

allentown PA
10-18-2011, 08:23 PM

</P>

</P>

OK... our 2007 season... The Patriots played at Giant Stadium as the visitor against the Giants, and also had to play one game there as visitor against the jets.</P> With the Jets and Giants sharing a stadium, it probably happens more often than you would think. Like the Dolphins vs. Jets yesterday and the Dolphins vs. Giants in Week 8, same with the Cowboys this season too. Just simply, 25% of the time that the Jets and Giants share common opponents in a regular season, the opponent plays in Giants Stadium twice. And it's totally possible for an opponent to play at Giants Stadium three times in one season. Example, Cowboys vs. Jets, Cowboys vs. Giants (Regular Season), Cowboys vs. Giants (Playoff game). So how many times has a team played 3 times in a season at Giants Stadium??? thats a badass question..i have no clueDoesn't it happen all the time with division foes coming back for a playoff game? Like if we play Eagles or Cowboys in the playoffs, one of us is going to make the second trip there (or*to Giants Stadium) as a visitor for the second time.

I'm trying to think....I dont think the Skins played the jets in 86...if they did that would be a time it happened....idk

YATittle1962
10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
when Miami was on their way to being undefeated they came to Yankee Stadium and beat the Giants.....

what Giant had an interception in that game ?

...and what ex Giant threw that pass?

zimonami
10-21-2011, 07:52 PM
2007... our last SB year... which Giant running back had the season high for most yards in a game?</P>

Who was the opponent?</P>

zimonami
10-21-2011, 08:01 PM
when Miami was on their way to being undefeated they came to Yankee Stadium and beat the Giants..... what Giant had an interception in that game ? ...and what ex Giant threw that pass?</P>

I know the QB was Earl Morrall... I'll guess the INT was by Willie Williams.</P>

</P>

Who was Miami's Defensive CXoordinator that year??</P>

YATittle1962
10-21-2011, 08:08 PM
when Miami was on their way to being undefeated they came to Yankee Stadium and beat the Giants..... what Giant had an interception in that game ? ...and what ex Giant threw that pass?</P>

I know the QB was Earl Morrall... I'll guess the INT was by Willie Williams.</P>

*</P>

Who was Miami's Defensive CXoordinator that year??</P>

yr too good Zimmy

and that was our very own Bill Arnsparger....who was Miamis DC for what seems like a lifetime

jomo
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM

</P>

Who was Miami's Defensive CXoordinator that year??</P> yr too good Zimmy and that was our very own Bill Arnsparger....who was Miamis DC for what seems like a lifetimeDid he ever get a second shot at being a head coach? I don't think so but this group would know for sure.

YATittle1962
10-21-2011, 08:35 PM

*</P>

Who was Miami's Defensive CXoordinator that year??</P> yr too good Zimmy and that was our very own Bill Arnsparger....who was Miamis DC for what seems like a lifetimeDid he ever get a second shot at being a head coach? I don't think so but this group would know for sure.

dont think so.....pretty sure his career ended in San Diego as a DC

giantsfan420
10-21-2011, 09:59 PM
you guys know who the OC was for that miami team?

jomo
10-21-2011, 10:39 PM
you guys know who the OC was for that miami team?Howard Schnellenberger?

zimonami
10-21-2011, 11:41 PM
you guys know who the OC was for that miami team?Howard Schnellenberger?</P>

Hey... nice job, jomo... especially since I meant to say "DC". The DC would more likely be known by Giant fans than to know Schnellenberger.</P>

So, who was their DC?</P>

hahaha... I got confused there, jomo... I never looked back and saw all the other stuff, so when I saw your answer Iassumed it was in answer to my question. I realize it was from GF420... just gettin' old here, and they wouldn't let me delete it.</P>

jomo
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM
you guys know who the OC was for that miami team?Howard Schnellenberger?</P>

Hey... nice job, jomo... especially since I meant to say "DC". The DC would more likely be known by Giant fans than to know Schnellenberger.</P>

So, who was their DC?</P>

hahaha... I got confused there, jomo... I never looked back and saw all the other stuff, so when I saw your answer Iassumed it was in answer to my question. I realize it was from GF420... just gettin' old here, and they wouldn't let me delete it.</P>Hey Zim,been there, donethat.........ie didn't read the whole post, couldn't delete my mistake. That Miami team, with Shula, Schnellenberger and Arnsbarger was loaded to the gils with coaching genius, not unlike the Giants teams with Landry and Lombardi or Parcells and Bellichek.

allentown PA
10-24-2011, 12:14 AM
The Giants were 4-1 lifetime as the visiting team in giant stadium..... against who and what year was their only loss?

zimonami
10-24-2011, 01:08 AM
The Giants were 4-1 lifetime as the visiting team in giant stadium..... against who and what year was their only loss?</P>

Webeat NO as visitors in 2005. The only other team I can think of would have to be the Jets. I can't remember when it would have been.</P>

allentown PA
10-24-2011, 01:17 AM
The Giants were 4-1 lifetime as the visiting team in giant stadium..... against who and what year was their only loss?</P>

We*beat NO as visitors in 2005.* The only other team I can think of would have to be the Jets. I can't remember when it would have been.</P>

It was the jets and this loss was a tough one for the giants and their fans.

zimonami
10-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Webeat NO as visitors in 2005. The only other team I can think of would have to be the Jets. I can't remember when it would have been.</P>

It was the jets and this loss was a tough one for the giants and their fans.</P>

YES... I remember it well. That loss cost us a trip to the Playoffs. All we had to do wasbeat the Jets our last game. I thinkwe ended up 9-7, instead of 10-6. I can't remember the exact year. I'll bet someone else does remember.</P>

Roswell777
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
The Giants were 4-1 lifetime as the visiting team in giant stadium..... against who and what year was their only loss?</p>

Webeat NO as visitors in 2005. The only other team I can think of would have to be the Jets. I can't remember when it would have been.</p>

It was the jets and this loss was a tough one for the giants and their fans.</p>

YES... I remember it well. That loss cost us a trip to the Playoffs. All we had to do wasbeat the Jets our last game. I thinkwe ended up 9-7, instead of 10-6. I can't remember the exact year. I'll bet someone else does remember.</p>

I think it was 88 or 89 - get those two mixed up - one was the Flipper Anderson runway play to end it - the other was Al Toon in the left corner of the end zone, over, I want to say, Flynn on a late drive to have the Jets eliminate the Giants.

Watching the Saints put up 62 on the Colts last night I was reminded of the last time the Giants scored over 60....

Against who, what year, and what was the final score?

zimonami
10-24-2011, 08:15 PM

It was the jets and this loss was a tough one for the giants and their fans.</P>

YES... I remember it well. That loss cost us a trip to the Playoffs. All we had to do wasbeat the Jets our last game. I thinkwe ended up 9-7, instead of 10-6. I can't remember the exact year. I'll bet someone else does remember.</P>

I think it was 88 or 89 - get those two mixed up - one was the Flipper Anderson runway play to end it - the other was Al Toon in the left corner of the end zone, over, I want to say, Flynn on a late drive to have the Jets eliminate the Giants.

Watching the Saints put up 62 on the Colts last night I was reminded of the last time the Giants scored over 60....

</P>

I couldn't wait, and looked it up.... hope you don't mind, allentown. I knew '89 was Flipper. You're right Ros... the Jetsloss was'88, and that loss finishedour season at 10-6.. </P>

11-5 and we make the playoffs.</P>

The Jets finished at 8-7-1.</P>

allentown PA
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM

We*beat NO as visitors in 2005.* The only other team I can think of would have to be the Jets. I can't remember when it would have been.</P>

YES... I remember it well. That loss cost us a trip to the Playoffs. All we had to do was*beat the Jets our last game.* I think*we ended up 9-7, instead of 10-6. I can't remember the exact year. I'll bet someone else does remember.</P>

I think it was 88 or 89 - get those two mixed up - one was the Flipper Anderson runway play to end it - the other was Al Toon in the left corner of the end zone, over, I want to say,* Flynn on a late drive to have the Jets eliminate the Giants.

</P>

I couldn't wait, and looked it up.... hope you don't mind, allentown.* I knew '89 was Flipper. You're right Ros... the Jets*loss was*'88, and that loss finished*our season at 10-6.. </P>

yup you guys got it...good job zim and Roswell...It was 1988 we lost the season finale to the jets...what a miserable way to end the season...it kept us from winning the division and getting to the playoffs.

jomo
10-24-2011, 09:32 PM

</P>

I couldn't wait, and looked it up.... hope you don't mind, allentown. I knew '89 was Flipper. You're right Ros... the Jetsloss was'88, and that loss finishedour season at 10-6.. </P>

The Jets finished at 8-7-1.</P> yup you guys got it...good job zim and Roswell...It was 1988 we lost the season finale to the jets...what a miserable way to end the season...it kept us from winning the division and getting to the playoffs.It doesn't feel like that game could have been 23 years ago. I guess that means it hurt really bad huh?

zimonami
10-25-2011, 12:14 AM

</P>

yup you guys got it...good job zim and Roswell...It was 1988 we lost the season finale to the jets...what a miserable way to end the season...it kept us from winning the division and getting to the playoffs.It doesn't feel like that game could have been 23 years ago. I guess that means it hurt really bad huh?</P>

yeah, jomo... my initial thought was 1998, 1999. Then I realized it wasn't that time frame. When Ros mentioned Flipper I remembered that horrid 3 years after out SBXXI win... Strike year in '87, then the Jet loss in '88, and Flipper in '89. Thank God for '90. Hard to believe it was that long ago..</P>

zimonami
10-25-2011, 12:14 AM

</P>

yup you guys got it...good job zim and Roswell...It was 1988 we lost the season finale to the jets...what a miserable way to end the season...it kept us from winning the division and getting to the playoffs.It doesn't feel like that game could have been 23 years ago. I guess that means it hurt really bad huh?</P>

yeah, jomo... my initial thought was 1998, 1999. Then I realized it wasn't that time frame. When Ros mentioned Flipper I remembered that horrid 3 years after out SBXXI win... Strike year in '87, then the Jet loss in '88, and Flipper in '89. Thank God for '90. Hard to believe it was that long ago..</P>

Roswell777
10-25-2011, 10:18 AM

YES... I remember it well. That loss cost us a trip to the Playoffs. All we had to do was*beat the Jets our last game.* I think*we ended up 9-7, instead of 10-6. I can't remember the exact year. I'll bet someone else does remember.</P>

I think it was 88 or 89 - get those two mixed up - one was the Flipper Anderson runway play to end it - the other was Al Toon in the left corner of the end zone, over, I want to say,* Flynn on a late drive to have the Jets eliminate the Giants.

</P>

I couldn't wait, and looked it up.... hope you don't mind, allentown.* I knew '89 was Flipper. You're right Ros... the Jets*loss was*'88, and that loss finished*our season at 10-6.. </P>

yeah, jomo... *my initial thought was 1998, 1999. Then I realized it wasn't that time frame. When Ros mentioned Flipper I remembered that horrid 3 years after out SBXXI win... Strike year in '87, then the Jet loss in '88, and Flipper in '89. Thank God for '90.* Hard to believe it was that long ago..</P>

Hey you guys never answered my question lol....

zimonami
10-25-2011, 11:28 AM

</P>

This question slipped thru the cracks, Ros.</P>

I'd have to look it up. I'm thinking the 50's, or early 60's when we had YA.</P>

Perhaps our own YA will remember.</P>

YATittle1962
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM

</P>

I'd have to look it up. I'm thinking the 50's, or early 60's when we had YA.</P>

I remember a few 40 burgers but no 60s......so im lost here

jomo
10-25-2011, 01:03 PM

</P>

I remember a few 40 burgers but no 60s......so im lost hereI'm kinda remembering that we hung a big one on Wahsington once. Just guessing.

Roswell777
10-25-2011, 03:25 PM

</P>

I remember a few 40 burgers but no 60s......so im lost here

I'll give you guys a clue. It happened around thanksgiving time, more recently than when the Giants had Y.A.

zimonami
10-25-2011, 07:45 PM

</P>

I remember a few 40 burgers but no 60s......so im lost here I'll give you guys a clue. It happened around thanksgiving time, more recently than when the Giants had Y.A.</P>

OK, I peaked... it was 1972. But, I won't say who we played because I still believe YA knows this answer without breaking a sweat.</P>

jomo
10-25-2011, 08:09 PM

</P>

I remember a few 40 burgers but no 60s......so im lost here I'll give you guys a clue. It happened around thanksgiving time, more recently than when the Giants had Y.A.</P>

OK, I peaked... it was 1972. But, I won't say who we played because I still believe YA knows this answer without breaking a sweat.</P>I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972.

YATittle1962
10-25-2011, 10:55 PM

</P>

OK, I peaked... it was 1972. But, I won't say who we played because I still believe YA knows this answer without breaking a sweat.</P>I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972.
judging by what jomo said Ill say the Eagles

but I honestly dont remember putting up 60 pts

....and im disappointed in myself :)

jomo
10-26-2011, 12:36 AM

</P>

OK, I peaked... it was 1972. But, I won't say who we played because I still believe YA knows this answer without breaking a sweat.</P>

I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972. judging by what jomo said Ill say the Eagles but I honestly dont remember putting up 60 pts ....and im disappointed in myself :)That's it YA, we hung 62 on the Eagles in 1972! I guess my smile came throughin thehint.</P>

Ron Johnson, Bob Tucker and Don Hermann scored 2 touchdowns each in that game.</P>

Roswell777
10-26-2011, 07:32 AM

</P>

I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972. judging by what jomo said Ill say the Eagles but I honestly dont remember putting up 60 pts ....and im disappointed in myself :)That's it YA, we hung 62 on the Eagles in 1972! I guess my smile came through*in the*hint.</P>

Ron Johnson, Bob Tucker and Don Hermann scored 2 touchdowns each in that game.</P>

One of my all time favorite defeats of the Eagles. 62 - 10, November of 72. Watching the Monday night game reminded me.

zimonami
10-26-2011, 12:40 PM

</P>

I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972. judging by what jomo said Ill say the Eagles but I honestly dont remember putting up 60 pts ....and im disappointed in myself :)That's it YA, we hung 62 on the Eagles in 1972! I guess my smile came throughin thehint.</P>

One of my all time favorite defeats of the Eagles. 62 - 10, November of 72. Watching the Monday night game reminded me.</P>

here's the oddest thing about those 62 points in the '72 season... we weren't offensive juggernauts. With Norm Snead at the controls, we scored those 62. The next highest for the season was 45. Then, we had games of 27, 23, 27, and 29. In 8 games we scored less than 20. In the 2 games leading up to 62 we scored 13 and 13. In the 2 games after the 62 we scored 10 and 13. </P>

It was just one of thoseunexpected gamesin an 8-6 year under Alex Webster.</P>

Roswell777
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM
The Giants were 4-1 lifetime as the visiting team in giant stadium..... against who and what year was their only loss?</p>

Webeat NO as visitors in 2005. The only other team I can think of would have to be the Jets. I can't remember when it would have been.</p>

It was the jets and this loss was a tough one for the giants and their fans.</p>

YES... I remember it well. That loss cost us a trip to the Playoffs. All we had to do wasbeat the Jets our last game. I thinkwe ended up 9-7, instead of 10-6. I can't remember the exact year. I'll bet someone else does remember.</p>

</p>

This question slipped thru the cracks, Ros.</p>

I'd have to look it up. I'm thinking the 50's, or early 60's when we had YA.</p>

Perhaps our own YA will remember.</p>

I remember a few 40 burgers but no 60s......so im lost here I'll give you guys a clue. It happened around thanksgiving time, more recently than when the Giants had Y.A.</p>

OK, I peaked... it was 1972. But, I won't say who we played because I still believe YA knows this answer without breaking a sweat.</p>

I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972. judging by what jomo said Ill say the Eagles but I honestly dont remember putting up 60 pts ....and im disappointed in myself :)That's it YA, we hung 62 on the Eagles in 1972! I guess my smile came throughin thehint.</p>

Ron Johnson, Bob Tucker and Don Hermann scored 2 touchdowns each in that game.</p>

One of my all time favorite defeats of the Eagles. 62 - 10, November of 72. Watching the Monday night game reminded me.</p>

here's the oddest thing about those 62 points in the '72 season... we weren't offensive juggernauts. With Norm Snead at the controls, we scored those 62. The next highest for the season was 45. Then, we had games of 27, 23, 27, and 29. In 8 games we scored less than 20. In the 2 games leading up to 62 we scored 13 and 13. In the 2 games after the 62 we scored 10 and 13. </p>

It was just one of thoseunexpected gamesin an 8-6 year under Alex Webster.</p>

Here's an easy one for you guys....

What was Webster's nickname?

jints10
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM

</p>

I'd have to look it up. I'm thinking the 50's, or early 60's when we had YA.</p>

I remember a few 40 burgers but no 60s......so im lost here I'll give you guys a clue. It happened around thanksgiving time, more recently than when the Giants had Y.A.</p>

OK, I peaked... it was 1972. But, I won't say who we played because I still believe YA knows this answer without breaking a sweat.</p>

I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972. judging by what jomo said Ill say the Eagles but I honestly dont remember putting up 60 pts ....and im disappointed in myself :)That's it YA, we hung 62 on the Eagles in 1972! I guess my smile came throughin thehint.</p>

Ron Johnson, Bob Tucker and Don Hermann scored 2 touchdowns each in that game.</p>

One of my all time favorite defeats of the Eagles. 62 - 10, November of 72. Watching the Monday night game reminded me.</p>

here's the oddest thing about those 62 points in the '72 season... we weren't offensive juggernauts. With Norm Snead at the controls, we scored those 62. The next highest for the season was 45. Then, we had games of 27, 23, 27, and 29. In 8 games we scored less than 20. In the 2 games leading up to 62 we scored 13 and 13. In the 2 games after the 62 we scored 10 and 13. </p>

Big Red

Roswell777
10-26-2011, 02:12 PM

</p>

Big Red

Big Red it is.

Got another one for you guys.

Which number is higher? Phil Simms rushing TDs or Homer Jones fumbles?

And by how many?

Morehead State
10-26-2011, 02:20 PM

</P>

I seem to remember Randy Johnson putting up 62 against the eagles. i think it was 62-10. Maybe around '72.</P>

</P>

Morehead State
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM

</P>

One of my all time favorite defeats of the Eagles. 62 - 10, November of 72. Watching the Monday night game reminded me.</P>

here's the oddest thing about those 62 points in the '72 season... we weren't offensive juggernauts. With Norm Snead at the controls, we scored those 62. The next highest for the season was 45. Then, we had games of 27, 23, 27, and 29. In 8 games we scored less than 20. In the 2 games leading up to 62 we scored 13 and 13. In the 2 games after the 62 we scored 10 and 13. </P>

It was just one of thoseunexpected gamesin an 8-6 year under Alex Webster.</P>

</P>

I seem to remember that the QB was Randy Johnson. I remember that I couldn't watch the game and I was listening to it on the radio.</P>

Morehead State
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
It was both Snead and Johnson.</P>

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197211260nyg.htm</P>

Roswell777
10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
It was both Snead and Johnson.</p>

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197211260nyg.htm</p>

I guess at some point the Giants took Snead out, considering the score. I remember the game because of the final score, but none of the details other than it was around Thanksgiving. That's a great link, thanks M. St.

YATittle1962
10-26-2011, 03:05 PM

We*beat NO as visitors in 2005.* The only other team I can think of would have to be the Jets. I can't remember when it would have been.</p>

YES... I remember it well. That loss cost us a trip to the Playoffs. All we had to do was*beat the Jets our last game.* I think*we ended up 9-7, instead of 10-6. I can't remember the exact year. I'll bet someone else does remember.</p>

</p>

I peaked as well because I didn't know the answer. All I can say is that you will enjoy hearing the team on the receiving end of the drubbing in 1972. judging by what jomo said Ill say the Eagles but I honestly dont remember putting up 60 pts ....and im disappointed in myself :)That's it YA, we hung 62 on the Eagles in 1972! I guess my smile came through*in the*hint.</p>

here's the oddest thing about those 62 points in the '72 season... we weren't offensive juggernauts.* With Norm Snead at the controls, we scored those 62. The next highest for the season was 45.* Then, we had games of 27, 23, 27, and 29. In 8 games we scored less than 20. In the 2 games leading up to 62 we scored 13 and 13. In the 2 games after the 62 we scored 10 and 13.* </p>

It was just one of those*unexpected games*in an 8-6 year under Alex Webster.</p>

Big Red

Big Red it is.*

Which number is higher?* Phil Simms rushing TDs or Homer Jones fumbles?

And by how many?

someone just asked this pretty recently and would you believe I cant remember the answer........wow.....getting old sucks.....

Ill say Homer with 6

Roswell777
10-26-2011, 03:10 PM

</p>

Big Red

Big Red it is.

Which number is higher? Phil Simms rushing TDs or Homer Jones fumbles?

And by how many?

someone just asked this pretty recently and would you believe I cant remember the answer........wow.....getting old sucks.....

Ill say Homer with 6

And you are correct. Simms had 6 rushing TDs in his career and Homer Jones had 5 career fumbles.

zimonami
10-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Howdy everyone. Let's hope our Post Bye Blues are a thing of the past.</P>

Needed to think of a question to get DYK back up top. I found this question while researching another... I think it is a goody... definitely Giant related.</P>

Who was the WFL quarterback who threw the last pass in that league's last year of existence, 1975?</P>

jomo
10-31-2011, 09:17 PM

Needed to think of a question to get DYK back up top. I found this question while researching another... I think it is a goody... definitely Giant related.</P>

Who was the WFL quarterback who threw the last pass in that league's last year of existence, 1975?</P>OK Zim, since no one has responded I'll take a wild crack at it. I know 2guys who played quarterback in the WFL. Gary Danielson and Jim Fassell. On one hand I figure you'd put a Giant alum up there as a DYK question but I am not sure that Fassell ever played. I will therefore GUESS Gary Danielson.

zimonami
10-31-2011, 09:52 PM

Who was the WFL quarterback who threw the last pass in that league's last year of existence, 1975?</P>

OK Zim, since no one has responded I'll take a wild crack at it. I know 2guys who played quarterback in the WFL. Gary Danielson and Jim Fassell. On one hand I figure you'd put a Giant alum up there as a DYK question but I am not sure that Fassell ever played. I will therefore GUESS Gary Danielson.\</P>

Damn... good job jomo... it was Fassel with the Hawaiins. I didn't even know he played in the WFL.</P>

jints10
10-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Howdy everyone. Let's hope our Post Bye Blues are a thing of the past.</p>

Needed to think of a question to get DYK back up top. I found this question while researching another... I think it is a goody... definitely Giant related.</p>

Who was the WFL quarterback who threw the last pass in that league's last year of existence, 1975?</p>

OK Zim, since no one has responded I'll take a wild crack at it. I know 2guys who played quarterback in the WFL. Gary Danielson and Jim Fassell. On one hand I figure you'd put a Giant alum up there as a DYK question but I am not sure that Fassell ever played. I will therefore GUESS Gary Danielson.\</p>

Damn... good job jomo... it was Fassel with the Hawaiins. I didn't even know he played in the WFL.</p>
Wow pretty cool I had no idea

jomo
10-31-2011, 10:29 PM

OK Zim, since no one has responded I'll take a wild crack at it. I know 2guys who played quarterback in the WFL. Gary Danielson and Jim Fassell. On one hand I figure you'd put a Giant alum up there as a DYK question but I am not sure that Fassell ever played. I will therefore GUESS Gary Danielson.\</P>

Damn... good job jomo... it was Fassel with the Hawaiins. I didn't even know he played in the WFL.</P>
I have way too much useless info jammed in my head leaving little room for the truly important. [;)]

zimonami
10-31-2011, 11:29 PM

I have way too much useless info jammed in my head leaving little room for the truly important. [;)]</P>

If you have a corner of your brain capable of storing that kind of useless info (Fassel would disagree), then more power to ya'... especially since my brain is similar... I have alwaysamazed my older sisters with stuff I remember from when I was 2 and 3 and 4. "Wow, you're right. How could you remember that?" Many silly things have always stuck in my brain, like forgotten lint. :)</P>

Wiki tells how fassel was on the verge of getting the Redskins job, 2X, only to have Gibbs and then Shanahan get the job at the last moment.</P>

I thought he did a good job in 2000. It was a process ofthe players bondingfrom spring training to the end. Poor Collins... hisinability to read a defense was exposed in that game. The Ravens totally confused him. It was the next spring training that Fassel took away Kerry's ability to audible at the line... he was more likely to call a worse play than the ones the coaches sent in...lol. But, he had a nice arm.</P>

Roswell777
11-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Okay you guys...

Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea.

OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs
Coughlin career playoff victories
Amount of times Bavaro fumbled
Giant SB appearances
Gary Reasons career safeties
Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts
Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries
Ron Johnson career punt returns
George Martin career defensive TDs
Rich Houston career TD receptions

Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy.

jomo
11-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy.Love the question but you have way too much time on your hands Roswell777! [:D]</P>

This one will take some time and alot of thought.</P>

jomo
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy.Low hanging fruit would be 4 Super Bowl appearances. Educated guesses would be 2 OJ Anderson SB TD's, 3 George Martin TD's and 8 Coughlin playoff wins. After that I am grasping at straws.

YATittle1962
11-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Okay you guys...

Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea.

Giant SB appearances

ive thought this out and ill take a stab......but I think I have some with the same amounts ......so I must be wrong on some...but here goes

0 - Johnson punt returns.....pretty sure he only returned kicks

1 - Gary Reasons safetys...pretty sure on this one

2 - OJ Superbowl TDs

3 - Martin TDs

4 - Giant SB appearances

5 - kinda lost here so Ill put Phillips here even though I dont think he has had 5 fumble recoveries

6 - Bavaro fumbles.....I know this one from being asked here before

7 - Ill put Houston here by process of elimination but I dont really know ...7 and 9 could be interchangeable to me.....just not sure

8 - Coughlin career playoff wins

9 - Manuel ?..... or Houston?....not sure

how'd I do ?

jomo
11-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy. ive thought this out and ill take a stab......but I think I have some with the same amounts ......so I must be wrong on some...but here goes 0 - Johnson punt returns.....pretty sure he only returned kicks 1 - Gary Reasons safetys...pretty sure on this one 2 - OJ Superbowl TDs 3 - Martin TDs 4 - Giant SB appearances 5 - kinda lost here so Ill put Phillips here even though I dont think he has had 5 fumble recoveries 6 - Bavaro fumbles.....I know this one from being asked here before 7 - Ill put Houston here by process of elimination but I dont really know ...7 and 9 could be interchangeable to me.....just not sure 8 - Coughlin career playoff wins 9 - Manuel ?..... or Houston?....not sure how'd I do ?Agree with your list YA, but I can't believe that Phillips has more than 1 or 2 fumble recoveries although your 1 and 2 look solid.

jints10
11-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Okay you guys...

Giant SB appearances

ive thought this out and ill take a stab......but I think I have some with the same amounts ......so I must be wrong on some...but here goes

2 - OJ Superbowl TDs

3 - Martin TDs

4 - Giant SB appearances

5 - kinda lost here so Ill put Phillips here even though I dont think he has had 5 fumble recoveries

7 - Ill put Houston here by process of elimination but I dont really know ...7 and 9 could be interchangeable to me.....just not sure

how'd I do ?
Pretty sure George Martian had 5 TDs I think he was the alltime leader for d lineman at one time

jomo
11-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy. ive thought this out and ill take a stab......but I think I have some with the same amounts ......so I must be wrong on some...but here goes 0 - Johnson punt returns.....pretty sure he only returned kicks 1 - Gary Reasons safetys...pretty sure on this one 2 - OJ Superbowl TDs 3 - Martin TDs 4 - Giant SB appearances 5 - kinda lost here so Ill put Phillips here even though I dont think he has had 5 fumble recoveries 6 - Bavaro fumbles.....I know this one from being asked here before 7 - Ill put Houston here by process of elimination but I dont really know ...7 and 9 could be interchangeable to me.....just not sure 8 - Coughlin career playoff wins 9 - Manuel ?..... or Houston?....not sure how'd I do ?
Pretty sure George Martian had 5 TDs I think he was the alltime leader for d lineman at one time
George Martian was alwaysmy favorite Martian![;)]</P>

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4TvkHvsCByD_-dqATHT43V-83MPtI1Wo98YtXoek6aFGTrwh_</P>

jints10
11-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy. ive thought this out and ill take a stab......but I think I have some with the same amounts ......so I must be wrong on some...but here goes 0 - Johnson punt returns.....pretty sure he only returned kicks 1 - Gary Reasons safetys...pretty sure on this one 2 - OJ Superbowl TDs 3 - Martin TDs 4 - Giant SB appearances 5 - kinda lost here so Ill put Phillips here even though I dont think he has had 5 fumble recoveries 6 - Bavaro fumbles.....I know this one from being asked here before 7 - Ill put Houston here by process of elimination but I dont really know ...7 and 9 could be interchangeable to me.....just not sure 8 - Coughlin career playoff wins 9 - Manuel ?..... or Houston?....not sure how'd I do ?
George Martian was alwaysmy favorite Martian![;)]</p>

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4TvkHvsCByD_-dqATHT43V-83MPtI1Wo98YtXoek6aFGTrwh_</p>
Lol I cant spell for spit

jomo
11-01-2011, 09:30 PM
George Martian was alwaysmy favorite Martian![;)]</P>

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4TvkHvsCByD_-dqATHT43V-83MPtI1Wo98YtXoek6aFGTrwh_</P>
Lol I cant spell for spit
Just having some fun, waiting on the Patriots. [B]

YATittle1962
11-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I was on the Patriots roster as a player when we lost to the Giants in SB XLII.......and Im now part of the Giants coaching staff......who am I?

ny06
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I was on the Patriots roster as a player when we lost to the Giants in SB XLII.......and Im now part of the Giants coaching staff......who am I?</P>

Larry Izzo</P>

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/_photos/2005-02-15-larryizzo.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
11-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I was on the Patriots roster as a player when we lost to the Giants in SB XLII.......and Im now part of the Giants coaching staff......who am I?</P>

Larry Izzo</P>

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/_photos/2005-02-15-larryizzo.jpg</P>

yr too good

Roswell777
11-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy.Love the question but you have way too much time on your hands Roswell777! [:D]</P>

This one will take some time and alot of thought.</P>

Wow Jomo you're right. I did have some time on my hands lol. And I put this together because this thread is my favorite and the guys who contribute I consider knowledgeble Giant fans and over the last couple of weeks it has gone dormant. So this is kind of a "team meeting" to make sure it keeps on keepin' on.
I tried to pick a bunch of obscure stats from a lot of different eras because everything else I ask you guys you get in ten seconds lol.

Roswell777
11-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Okay you guys...

Giant SB appearances

2 - OJ Superbowl TDs

3 - Martin TDs

4 - Giant SB appearances

how'd I do ?

YA

You are knocking on the door. You have to just switch two and you've got the answer. Naturally, I can't tell you which two need to be switched but I have to say I thought this would stump you guys a lot more than it did.

Very impressive.

zimonami
11-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy. ive thought this out and ill take a stab......but I think I have some with the same amounts ......so I must be wrong on some...but here goes 0 - Johnson punt returns.....pretty sure he only returned kicks 1 - Gary Reasons safetys...pretty sure on this one 2 - OJ Superbowl TDs 3 - Martin TDs 4 - Giant SB appearances 5 - kinda lost here so Ill put Phillips here even though I dont think he has had 5 fumble recoveries 6 - Bavaro fumbles.....I know this one from being asked here before 7 - Ill put Houston here by process of elimination but I dont really know ...7 and 9 could be interchangeable to me.....just not sure 8 - Coughlin career playoff wins 9 - Manuel ?..... or Houston?....not sure how'd I do ? YA You are knocking on the door. You have to just switch two and you've got the answer. Naturally, I can't tell you which two need to be switched but I have to say I thought this would stump you guys a lot more than it did. Very impressive.</P>

good job, YA.</P>

My initial thought is that #3 and # 5 are reversed.</P>

Phillips with 3 fumble recoveries and George Martin with 5 defensive TDs</P>

jomo
11-02-2011, 10:50 AM

This one will take some time and alot of thought.</P> Wow Jomo you're right. I did have some time on my hands lol. And I put this together because this thread is my favorite and the guys who contribute I consider knowledgeble Giant fans and over the last couple of weeks it has gone dormant. So this is kind of a "team meeting" to make sure it keeps on keepin' on. I tried to pick a bunch of obscure stats from a lot of different eras because everything else I ask you guys you get in ten seconds lol."Team" is what it is all about Roswell. [Y]

YATittle1962
11-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Okay you guys... Here is a complicated question. The following ten achievements need to be put in order from 0 to 9. Zero meaning it never happened, one happened once...you get the idea. OJ Anderson Super Bowl TDs Coughlin career playoff victories Amount of times Bavaro fumbled Giant SB appearances Gary Reasons career safeties Lionel Manuel career rushing attempts Kenny Phillips career fumble recoveries Ron Johnson career punt returns George Martin career defensive TDs Rich Houston career TD receptions Place these in order from zero to nine. Enjoy. ive thought this out and ill take a stab......but I think I have some with the same amounts ......so I must be wrong on some...but here goes 0 - Johnson punt returns.....pretty sure he only returned kicks 1 - Gary Reasons safetys...pretty sure on this one 2 - OJ Superbowl TDs 3 - Martin TDs 4 - Giant SB appearances 5 - kinda lost here so Ill put Phillips here even though I dont think he has had 5 fumble recoveries 6 - Bavaro fumbles.....I know this one from being asked here before 7 - Ill put Houston here by process of elimination but I dont really know ...7 and 9 could be interchangeable to me.....just not sure 8 - Coughlin career playoff wins 9 - Manuel ?..... or Houston?....not sure how'd I do ? YA You are knocking on the door. You have to just switch two and you've got the answer. Naturally, I can't tell you which two need to be switched but I have to say I thought this would stump you guys a lot more than it did. Very impressive.</P>

good job, YA.</P>

I trust Zim......Ill go with switching those 2 ........

still not real sure about 7 and 9 though

...and Ros.....if there was a Did You Know? award ceremony.....this question would absolutely win an award

jomo
11-02-2011, 12:00 PM

good job, YA.</P>

Phillips with 3 fumble recoveries and George Martin with 5 defensive TDs</P> I trust Zim......Ill go with switching those 2 ........ still not real sure about 7 and 9 though ...and Ros.....if there was a Did You Know? award ceremony.....this question would absolutely win an awardNo doubt!

jomo
11-02-2011, 12:00 PM

good job, YA.</P>

Phillips with 3 fumble recoveries and George Martin with 5 defensive TDs</P> I trust Zim......Ill go with switching those 2 ........ still not real sure about 7 and 9 though ...and Ros.....if there was a Did You Know? award ceremony.....this question would absolutely win an awardNo doubt!

zimonami
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I couldn't wait, lol, and looked it up and George Martin had 5 defensive TD's and Kenny Phillips has had 3 fumble recoveries</P>

(2) Questions: Goerge Martin had 3 INT's that he returned for TDs and 2 Fumble Recoveries for TDs.</P>

How many total TDs did George have in his career?</P>

How many INT's did he have in his career?</P>

jomo
11-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I couldn't wait, lol, and looked it up and George Martin had 5 defensive TD's and Kenny Phillips has had 3 fumble recoveries</P>

(2) Questions: Goerge Martin had 3 INT's that he returned for TDs and 2 Fumble Recoveries for TDs.</P>

</P>

Two guesses</P>

Assuming that he had more TD's than the 5 he scored on D, I'll say he had one pass reception on a goal line situation for a total of 6 TD's.</P>

I'll also go with 5 ints total.</P>

zimonami
11-02-2011, 04:10 PM

</P>

Two guesses</P>

Assuming that he had more TD's than the 5 he scored on D, I'll say he had one pass reception on a goal line situation for a total of 6 TD's.</P>

I'll also go with 5 ints total.</P>

</P>

Both very reasonable guesses, jomo... but, both wrong.</P>

SEC105
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
How's the DYK gang doing........I almost forgot my sign in credentials for the GMB lol</P>

Some video fronm the 75 season @ Shea Stadium thought you might enjoy</P>

Announcer [Brent Musberger?]says only 12 Giants in this game have ever played a game in the State of NY....who are they? Not sure of all of them myself</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVSKLabQPs&amp;feature=related</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
11-02-2011, 06:09 PM
How's the DYK gang doing........I almost forgot my sign in credentials for the GMB lol</P>

Announcer [Brent Musberger?]says only 12 Giants in this game have ever played a game in the State of NY....who are they? Not sure of all of them myself</P>

Z</P>

</P>

SEC!!!!!</P>

Welcome home. I missed you.</P>

Is that an official question? What 12 Giants on the '75 team had never played in NY State before playing at Shea??</P>

Geezuz... you come back with a question that's tough as nails... and many on here not even born by '75. I was 29, so I gots a chance.</P>

Don't leave us for so long anymore. We're insecure without our best looking friend around. You left and jmike was right behind you. You come back... jmike comes back??</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
How's the DYK gang doing........I almost forgot my sign in credentials for the GMB** lol</P>

Announcer [Brent Musberger?]*says only 12 Giants in this game have ever played a game in the State of NY....who are they?* Not sure of all of them myself</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVSKLabQPs&feature=related</P>

Z</P>

</P>

SEC!!!!!</P>

Is that an official question?* What 12 Giants on the '75 team had never played in NY State before playing at Shea??</P>

Geezuz... you come back with a question that's tough as nails... and many on here not even born by '75. I was 29, so I gots a chance.</P>

Don't leave us for so long anymore. We're insecure without our best looking friend around.* You left and jmike was right behind you.* You come back... jmike comes back??</P>

*</P>

tough as nails is an understatement

we missed ya SEC

Ill throw out some names.......this is the definition of shot in the dark here

Ray Rhodes
John Hicks
Clyde Powers
Bobby Brooks

Im straining my brain here and cant come up with any other names that would make sense........and Im not even sure these 4 do

this question is bananas

jomo
11-02-2011, 07:16 PM

Z</P>

Here's a start, most should be right:</P>

Bob Tucker</P>

John Mendenhall</P>

Brad Van Pelt</P>

Ron Johnson</P>

Carl "Spyder"Lockhart</P>

Doug Van Horn</P>

and maybe Willie Young</P>

...........and by the way SEC, I figured you'd ease your way back with an easier one than this!!</P>

zimonami
11-02-2011, 07:53 PM

Z</P>

Bob Tucker</P>

John Mendenhall</P>

Brad Van Pelt</P>

Ron Johnson</P>

Doug Van Horn</P>

...........and by the way SEC, I figured you'd ease your way back with an easier one than this!!</P>

</P>

John Hicks</P>

Doug Kotar</P>

Dave Jennings</P>

zimonami
11-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Z</P>

Bob Tucker</P>

John Mendenhall</P>

Brad Van Pelt</P>

Ron Johnson</P>

Doug Van Horn</P>

</P>

John Hicks</P>

Doug Kotar</P>

Dave Jennings</P>

jomo
11-02-2011, 08:05 PM

Z</P>

Bob Tucker</P>

John Mendenhall</P>

Brad Van Pelt</P>

Ron Johnson</P>

Doug Van Horn</P>

</P>

John Hicks</P>

Doug Kotar</P>

Dave Jennings</P>

Amazing that on a very mediocre team,just hearing some of these names makes me smile.</P>

Carl Lockhart, Doug Kotar, Dave Jennings, John Mendenhall, Bob Tucker, Ron Johnsonand Brad Van Pelt. [:D][:D]</P>

..........and a couple of tears sprinkled in there for the ones no longer with us</P>

zimonami
11-02-2011, 10:31 PM

Z</P>

Bob Tucker</P>

John Mendenhall</P>

Brad Van Pelt</P>

Ron Johnson</P>

Doug Van Horn</P>

</P>

John Hicks</P>

Doug Kotar</P>

Dave Jennings</P>

Amazing that on a very mediocre team,just hearing some of these names makes me smile.</P>

Carl Lockhart, Doug Kotar, Dave Jennings, John Mendenhall, Bob Tucker, Ron Johnsonand Brad Van Pelt. [:D][:D]</P>

..........and a couple of tears sprinkled in there for the ones no longer with us</P>

</P>

Me too, jomo. wonderful memories of all of those guys... and, never a winner. But, I loved them all. I just remember being proud of the effort of many of them, even though at the end of 60 minutes we had another L.Strange. I don't know how the Giants kept all their fans through all the years of futility. I can only say, a great base bunch of diehard fans... and we always had hope that the next season would be better.</P>

Roswell777
11-03-2011, 10:39 AM

good job, YA.</P>

Bingo Z. I guess YA gets the win, Jomo gets the hold and you get the save...

I will try and work on part 2 (10 - 19) the next time.

zimonami
11-03-2011, 11:47 AM

good job, YA.</P>

Bingo Z. I guess YA gets the win, Jomo gets the hold and you get the save... I will try and work on part 2 (10 - 19) the next time.</P>

lol on the Win, Hold, and Save... perfect.</P>

I think 10-19 would be MUCH harder to research than 1-10. </P>

Perhaps a new 1-10 list would be easier.</P>

Whatever, it is a good idea for a question.</P>

Good job, Ros.</P>

SEC105
11-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Z</P>

</P>

SEC!!!!!</P>

Is that an official question? What 12 Giants on the '75 team had never played in NY State before playing at Shea??</P>

Don't leave us for so long anymore. We're insecure without our best looking friend around. You left and jmike was right behind you. You come back... jmike comes back??</P>

</P>

tough as nails is an understatement we missed ya SEC Ill throw out some names.......this is the definition of shot in the dark here Ray Rhodes John Hicks Clyde Powers Bobby Brooks Im straining my brain here and cant come up with any other names that would make sense........and Im not even sure these 4 do this question is bananas</P>

Gonna try and check into DYK more......I missed you guys too.....love my fellow long time Giant Fans</P>

YA.......looking for Giantvideo from Oct 28 , 1962.....it's IS hard to find but I'm not giving up [:D]</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-03-2011, 05:37 PM

Z</P>

Bob Tucker</P>

John Mendenhall</P>

Brad Van Pelt</P>

Ron Johnson</P>

Doug Van Horn</P>

</P>

John Hicks</P>

Doug Kotar</P>

Dave Jennings</P>

</P>

Me too, jomo. wonderful memories of all of those guys... and, never a winner. But, I loved them all. I just remember being proud of the effort of many of them, even though at the end of 60 minutes we had another L.Strange. I don't know how the Giants kept all their fans through all the years of futility. I can only say, a great base bunch of diehard fans... and we always had hope that the next season would be better.</P>

</P>

All those names sound right to me for the 12 players who played in Yankee stadium up till the Shea stadium year....did not look it up....but Patty Hughes may be in that group....no?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Here's some video from the "Lovely" Yale Bowl days lol imagine the GMB , if it existed in those days , comments about that place </P>

Who's no. 27 in this clip?</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT5RGWteS4g&amp;feature=related</P>

Z</P>

jomo
11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Here's some video from the "Lovely" Yale Bowl days**** lol******* imagine the GMB , if it existed in those days , comments about that place** </P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT5RGWteS4g&feature=related</P>

Z</P>That looks like Bob Grimm to me.

YATittle1962
11-03-2011, 10:34 PM
How's the DYK gang doing........I almost forgot my sign in credentials for the GMB** lol</P>

Announcer [Brent Musberger?]*says only 12 Giants in this game have ever played a game in the State of NY....who are they?* Not sure of all of them myself</P>

Z</P>

</P>

SEC!!!!!</P>

Is that an official question?* What 12 Giants on the '75 team had never played in NY State before playing at Shea??</P>

Don't leave us for so long anymore. We're insecure without our best looking friend around.* You left and jmike was right behind you.* You come back... jmike comes back??</P>

*</P>

tough as nails is an understatement we missed ya SEC Ill throw out some names.......this is the definition of shot in the dark here Ray Rhodes John Hicks Clyde Powers Bobby Brooks Im straining my brain here and cant come up with any other names that would make sense........and Im not even sure these 4 do this question is bananas</P>

Gonna try and check into DYK more......I missed you guys too.....love my fellow long time Giant Fans</P>

YA.......looking for Giant*video from Oct 28 , 1962.....it's IS hard to find but I'm not giving up [:D]</P>

Z</P>

if you find anything let me know asap

there is no limit to what I would give for footage of that day

Roswell777
11-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Just saw a great video on Bavaro done by NFL films. He's a pretty funny guy.

http://tinyurl.com/3wtf7fq

SEC105
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Z</P>

</P>

SEC!!!!!</P>

</P>

YA.......looking for Giantvideo from Oct 28 , 1962.....it's IS hard to find but I'm not giving up [:D]</P>

Z</P>

if you find anything let me know asap there is no limit to what I would give for footage of that day</P>

Will do YA.....gotta be out there somewhere</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/11082/65532d7e20731dce6654a7b6ede7ec50e0f42bef.jpg?x=744 &amp;y=720&amp;sig=05b04aae2730a079611d1a8cee7e6d15</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Here's some video from the "Lovely" Yale Bowl days lol imagine the GMB , if it existed in those days , comments about that place </P>

Z</P>

That looks like Bob Grimm to me.</P>

It is Bob Grimm...... Jomo What famous trade was he involved in?</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
11-04-2011, 06:39 PM
When was the last time the Giants won at New England?

zimonami
11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
When was the last time the Giants won at New England?</P>

I'll guess 1999.</P>

allentown PA
11-04-2011, 09:37 PM
When was the last time the Giants won at New England?</P>

I'll guess 1999.</P>

nope...buy good guess they lost in New England that year 16-14

allentown PA
11-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Here's some video from the "Lovely" Yale Bowl days**** lol******* imagine the GMB , if it existed in those days , comments about that place** </P>

Z</P>

It is Bob Grimm...... Jomo*** What famous trade was he involved in?</P>

Z</P>

whats up sec105..long time no see..how uv been?

byron
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
When was the last time the Giants won at New England?this year pre season

allentown PA
11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
When was the last time the Giants won at New England?this year pre season

damn u got me on that byron...ur rite..but I meant in the regular season..lol

byron
11-04-2011, 09:48 PM
When was the last time the Giants won at New England?this year pre season damn u got me on that byron...ur rite..but I meant in the regular season..lolhaha...well any thing 3 or 4 months I'm no good....lol

Roswell777
11-04-2011, 10:11 PM

Z</P>

It is Bob Grimm...... Jomo*** What famous trade was he involved in?</P>

Z</P>

I think Grimm came over in the Tarkenton trade.

jomo
11-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Z</P>

Z</P> I think Grimm came over in the Tarkenton trade.That sounds right to me.

NYG 5
11-06-2011, 12:35 AM
1987?

zimonami
11-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Sweet. At my son'e for his 43rd B'day, and enjoyed the hell out of the game. </P>

Very resilient. After losing Baas, Nicks and Bradshaw everyone wrote us off... But, they wouldn't have picked us even if we had all three of them.It just gave them more reason to all jump on the Pats bandwagon without apologies to the Giant's and their fans.</P>

</P>

allentown PA
11-07-2011, 09:09 AM
1987?

1990 was the last time the giants won in NE before yesterday.

SEC105
11-07-2011, 05:54 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

whats up sec105..long time no see..how uv been?</P>

Been Great A.T...........especially after yesterday [:D]....how you been my friend?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-07-2011, 05:55 PM

Z</P>

Z</P>

I think Grimm came over in the Tarkenton trade.</P>

Thats it Ros..........</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Easy question but I love this pic......what game is it from?</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/117/799/82518642.jpg.9365.0_display_image.jpg?1258728715</P>

Z</P>

ny06
11-08-2011, 11:47 AM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/117/799/82518642.jpg.9365.0_display_image.jpg?1258728715</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Awesome picture.</P>

That has to be the NFC Championship game against the 49ers in 1990.</P>

Here's a question for everyone. </P>

Name this player?</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/6ea3f53d50ea4c8b677c16db77683662fc9d22c5.jpg?x=176 &amp;y=240&amp;sig=e9630e60b19e2f4cc228b5d4848cc059</P>

benched
11-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Z</P>

</P>

SEC!!!!!</P>

*</P>

YA.......looking for Giant*video from Oct 28 , 1962.....it's IS hard to find but I'm not giving up [:D]</P>

Z</P>

if you find anything let me know asap there is no limit to what I would give for footage of that day</P>

Will do YA.....gotta be out there somewhere</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/11082/65532d7e20731dce6654a7b6ede7ec50e0f42bef.jpg?x=744&y=720&sig=05b04aae2730a079611d1a8cee7e6d15</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
11-08-2011, 07:55 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Awesome picture.</P>

Name this player?</P>

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/21098/6ea3f53d50ea4c8b677c16db77683662fc9d22c5.jpg?x=176 &amp;y=240&amp;sig=e9630e60b19e2f4cc228b5d4848cc059</P>

</P>

Troy Archer. Died too soon and we never got to see just how good he could be... butin the short timehe was here, he was great</P>

ny06
11-09-2011, 02:52 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Awesome picture.</P>

Name this player?</P>

</P>

Troy Archer. Died too soon and we never got to see just how good he could be... butin the short timehe was here, he was great</P>

</P>

Correct. </P>

Good job as always zim...</P>

jomo
11-09-2011, 10:18 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Awesome picture.</P>

Name this player?</P>

</P>

</P>

Correct. </P>

Good job as always zim...</P>Thanks for that NY06. I had no visual recollection of Archer with his helmet off. What an awesome young DL he was; life cut way too short.

YATittle1962
11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
the 49ers beat the Giants by 40+ points in a game that was what 2 players last game as Giants?

zimonami
11-10-2011, 06:45 PM
the 49ers beat the Giants by 40+ points in a game that was what 2 players last game as Giants?</P>

Yes, in the playoffs, 1993.,,, I'll never forget it. My wife, son and I were feeling terrible that Simms and LT had to go out on such a bummer of a game.</P>

YATittle1962
11-10-2011, 07:15 PM
the 49ers beat the Giants by 40+ points in a game that was what 2 players last game as Giants?</P>

Yes, in the playoffs, 1993.,,, I'll never forget it. My wife, son and I were feeling terrible that Simms and LT had to go out on such a bummer of a game.</P>

easy one huh?

just keeping the bearings greased

:)

zimonami
11-11-2011, 02:38 AM
I have never seen this stat before... but, why not. In this computer age they'll be telling us how many steps it took each RB to gain 100 yards. The one taking the least steps would be deemed most efficient/yd. lol. </P>

Anyways, the stat is... what WR leads the league for the most receiving yards gained on 3rd down?</P>

Roswell777
11-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I have never seen this stat before... but, why not.* In this computer age they'll be telling us how many steps it took each RB to gain 100 yards. The one taking the least steps would be deemed most efficient/yd.* lol.* </P>

Anyways, the stat is... what WR leads the league for the most receiving yards gained on 3rd down?</P>

You guys are going to laugh but I am going to guess Victor Cruz.

zimonami
11-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I have never seen this stat before... but, why not. In this computer age they'll be telling us how many steps it took each RB to gain 100 yards. The one taking the least steps would be deemed most efficient/yd. lol. </P>

You guys are going to laugh but I am going to guess Victor Cruz.</P>

WTG, Ros... I wouldn't have posted it if it was someone from another team.</P>

269 yards in 3rd down receptions... #1 in NFL</P>

allentown PA
11-11-2011, 10:13 PM
sorry if this is a repeat....but what former giants d-back is the only player in NFL history to lead the league in INTS 3 times?

zimonami
11-12-2011, 01:10 AM
sorry if this is a repeat....but what former giants d-back is the only player in NFL history to lead the league in INTS 3 times?</P>

This could be a trick question because Everson Walls led the league in INT's as a Cowboy 3X, but not as a Giant. If there was a Giant who led the league 3X it would have to be Emlen Tunnel.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

zimonami
11-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Now that Allentown has us on INT's...</P>

what Giant is tied for 2nd in NFL records with 7 consecutive games with an INT?</P>

allentown PA
11-12-2011, 02:05 AM

what Giant is tied for 2nd in NFL records with 7 consecutive games with an INT?</P>

**** lynch?

zimonami
11-12-2011, 10:58 AM

**** lynch?</P>

</P>

Not Lynch</P>

jints10
11-12-2011, 12:34 PM

**** lynch?</P>

*</P>

Not Lynch</P>
Is it Everson Walls?

zimonami
11-12-2011, 01:44 PM

**** lynch?</P>

</P>

Not Lynch</P>

Is it Everson Walls?</P>

Not Everson.</P>

Clue... pre 1969.</P>

Another clue... even our young fans know who this guy is... but, they might not realize that he played for the Giants.</P>

jints10
11-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Now that Allentown has us on INT's...</p>

what Giant is tied for 2nd in NFL records with 7 consecutive games with an INT?</p>

**** lynch?</p>

</p>

Not Lynch</p>

Is it Everson Walls?</p>

Not Everson.</p>

Clue... pre 1969.</p>

Another clue... even our young fans know who this guy is... but, they might not realize that he played for the Giants.</p>
Ok Zim I'll take one more stab at it with your hint I'll say Tom Landry

zimonami
11-12-2011, 07:48 PM

**** lynch?</P>

</P>

Not Lynch</P>

Is it Everson Walls?</P>

Not Everson.</P>

Clue... pre 1969.</P>

Another clue... even our young fans know who this guy is... but, they might not realize that he played for the Giants.</P>

Ok Zim I'll take one more stab at it with your hint I'll say Tom Landry
</P>

Good job, jints... below are the records:</P>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="90%">
<TBODY>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width="13%">8</TD>
<TD>Tom Morrow, Oakland, 1962-63</TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width="13%">7</TD>
<TD>Tom Landry, N.Y. Giants, 1950-51</TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width="13%"></TD>
<TD>Paul Krause, Washington, 1964</TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width="13%"></TD>
<TD>Larry Wilson, St. Louis, 1966</TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width="13%"></TD>
<TD>Ben Davis, Cleveland, 1968</TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width="13%">6</TD>
<TD>By many players</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

Roswell777
11-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Here you go guys and gals....

0 thru 9. Part Deux

Put the following accomplishments in numerical order 0 thru 9.

Y.A. Tittle career seasons with the NY Giants
NY Giants offensive Super Bowl TDs
Dan Lloyd career sacks + NY Giants defensive Super Bowl TDs
Montana career playoff victories vs Simms
Simms career playoff victories vs Montana
Howard Cross career fumbles
Eli Manning college career rushing TDs
Herb Welch ints as a NY Giant
Byron Williams years in NFL
Dave Meggett career punt return TDs

Good luck

zimonami
11-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Here you go guys and gals.... 0 thru 9. Part Deux Put the following accomplishments in numerical order 0 thru 9. Y.A. Tittle career seasons with the NY Giants NY Giants offensive Super Bowl TDs Dan Lloyd career sacks + NY Giants defensive Super Bowl TDs Montana career playoff victories vs Simms Simms career playoff victories vs Montana Howard Cross career fumbles Eli Manning college career rushing TDs Herb Welch ints as a NY Giant Byron Williams years in NFL Dave Meggett career punt return TDs Good luck</P>

I know several for sure, and will fill in the blanks on the rest</P>

For sure: Tittle = 4 seasons; Offensive TDs= 9; Dan Lloyd and Defensive TDs = 0 (kinda like a trick question...lol); Montana over Simms = 1; Simms over Montana = 3</P>

</P>

Educated guess: Cross fumbles = 8 (I would have guessed more than 10 in his 13 seasons, and 9 for SB TDs is a sure thing, so cross fumbles has to be 8</P>

The rest are pure guesses:Eli college TDs = 2;Herb Welch INT's = 7;Byron Williams years in NFL = 5;Meggett punt return TD's = 6</P>

UK-Giantsfan
11-16-2011, 08:16 AM
OK guys .....the first Giants v Philly game that i ever listened to live ( on AFRTS radio ) over here in England was a 23-0 blowout win.

Without looking .....what was the year ?

( PS good to be back on the boards after 5 months ....thanks YA and Matt Meyer for your help with my log in problems)

Roswell777
11-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Here you go guys and gals.... 0 thru 9. Part Deux Put the following accomplishments in numerical order 0 thru 9. Y.A. Tittle career seasons with the NY Giants NY Giants offensive Super Bowl TDs Dan Lloyd career sacks + NY Giants defensive Super Bowl TDs Montana career playoff victories vs Simms Simms career playoff victories vs Montana Howard Cross career fumbles Eli Manning college career rushing TDs Herb Welch ints as a NY Giant Byron Williams years in NFL Dave Meggett career punt return TDs Good luck</P>

For sure:** Tittle = 4 seasons;**** Offensive TDs*= 9;****** Dan Lloyd and Defensive TDs = 0* (kinda like a trick question...lol);***** Montana over Simms = 1;******** Simms over Montana = 3</P>

*</P>

Educated guess:**** Cross fumbles = 8 (I would have guessed more than 10 in his 13 seasons, and 9 for SB TDs is a sure thing, so cross fumbles has to be 8</P>

The rest are pure guesses:******Eli college TDs = 2;******Herb Welch INT's = 7;******Byron Williams years in NFL = 5;*********Meggett punt return TD's = 6</P>

Z

Some are right but I am surprised that you got the Simms question wrong. That was also a trick question. These ten part questions are hard so I'm hoping the Calvary will ride over the hill.

YATittle1962
11-16-2011, 02:56 PM

0 thru 9. Part Deux

Good luck

again ....an amazing question.....and again ill take a shot

this one was harder than the other ....simply because I knew less off the top of my head and have to resort to guessing

so here goes my guesses

SB offensive TDs - 9
Herb Welch - 8
Meggett - 7
Howard Cross - 6
Eli college rushing TD - 5
Tittle - 4
Byron Williams - 3
Simms wins - 2
Montana wins - 1
Dan Lloyd + SB def. TD - 0

quite a few of those were by process of elimination but Im am positive about maybe 4 of them

another award winning question

zimonami
11-16-2011, 04:37 PM

For sure: Tittle = 4 seasons; Offensive TDs= 9; Dan Lloyd and Defensive TDs = 0 (kinda like a trick question...lol); Montana over Simms = 1; Simms over Montana = 3</P>

</P>

Educated guess: Cross fumbles = 8 (I would have guessed more than 10 in his 13 seasons, and 9 for SB TDs is a sure thing, so cross fumbles has to be 8</P>

The rest are pure guesses:Eli college TDs = 2;Herb Welch INT's = 7;Byron Williams years in NFL = 5;Meggett punt return TD's = 6</P>

Z Some are right but I am surprised that you got the Simms question wrong. That was also a trick question. These ten part questions are hard so I'm hoping the Calvary will ride over the hill.</P>

Yikes... I gave Simms credit for the 1990 playoff victory instead of Hoss. That makes Simms over Montana at 2.</P>

I'll swap and say Eli had 3 TD runs in college.</P>

Roswell777
11-16-2011, 05:04 PM

0 thru 9. Part Deux

Good luck

this one was harder than the other ....simply because I knew less off the top of my head and have to resort to guessing

so here goes my guesses

SB offensive TDs - 9
Herb Welch - 8
Meggett - 7
Howard Cross - 6
Tittle - 4
Byron Williams - 3
Simms wins - 2
Montana wins - 1

quite a few of those were by process of elimination but Im am positive about maybe 4 of them

Once again you are knocking on the door. You just have to switch two of them. I like these types of questions because they encompass all different Giant eras.

As far as Simms vs Montana, a lot of people don't realize that Simms had a winning record against Montana in the playoffs. Except for us and maybe, Simms, that is.

Roswell777
11-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Here you go guys and gals.... 0 thru 9. Part Deux Put the following accomplishments in numerical order 0 thru 9. Y.A. Tittle career seasons with the NY Giants NY Giants offensive Super Bowl TDs Dan Lloyd career sacks + NY Giants defensive Super Bowl TDs Montana career playoff victories vs Simms Simms career playoff victories vs Montana Howard Cross career fumbles Eli Manning college career rushing TDs Herb Welch ints as a NY Giant Byron Williams years in NFL Dave Meggett career punt return TDs Good luck</p>

I know several for sure, and will fill in the blanks on the rest</p>

For sure: Tittle = 4 seasons; Offensive TDs= 9; Dan Lloyd and Defensive TDs = 0 (kinda like a trick question...lol); Montana over Simms = 1; Simms over Montana = 3</p>

</p>

Educated guess: Cross fumbles = 8 (I would have guessed more than 10 in his 13 seasons, and 9 for SB TDs is a sure thing, so cross fumbles has to be 8</p>

The rest are pure guesses:Eli college TDs = 2;Herb Welch INT's = 7;Byron Williams years in NFL = 5;Meggett punt return TD's = 6</p>

Z Some are right but I am surprised that you got the Simms question wrong. That was also a trick question. These ten part questions are hard so I'm hoping the Calvary will ride over the hill.</p>

Yikes... I gave Simms credit for the 1990 playoff victory instead of Hoss. That makes Simms over Montana at 2.</p>

I'll swap and say Eli had 3 TD runs in college.</p>

I know you forgot Hoss. He was great in 1990. A lot of people doubted him but they didn't doubt him in the NYG locker room. And he delivered. Big time. At home against the Bears, in SF when they were going for a threepeat and vs a great Bills team.

He was awesome in those games when it counted.

zimonami
11-16-2011, 06:00 PM

</P>

Z Some are right but I am surprised that you got the Simms question wrong. That was also a trick question. These ten part questions are hard so I'm hoping the Calvary will ride over the hill.</P>

Yikes... I gave Simms credit for the 1990 playoff victory instead of Hoss. That makes Simms over Montana at 2.</P>

I'll swap and say Eli had 3 TD runs in college.</P>

I know you forgot Hoss. He was great in 1990. A lot of people doubted him but they didn't doubt him in the NYG locker room. And he delivered. Big time. At home against the Bears, in SF when they were going for a threepeat and vs a great Bills team.

</P>

In the pressure cooker after Phil got hurt and all Hoss did was not make mistakes. He was a superb replacement and we were blessed to have him that year. With the nice bunch of vets he had around him, they all kept him calm and focused on 1 play at a time. His scrambling ability was a nice asset, too.</P>

NYG 5
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM
To take what Hoss did away from him and give it all to Simms is really unfair. Of you're going to start revising history like that, you might as well go back and give Kerry Collins a win against the 49ers because they couldn't snap a field goal, or a win for Eli Manning against the Eagles because the defense couldn't stop a team from waltzing down the field to take the win, or give Fassel two wins because he lost two playoff games by dumb flukey plays. Then you can start giving the Raiders moral victories against the Pats. It doesn't work that way. Hoss took the team and won those games. Who's to say what Hoss would have done if he started game 1? If he's good enough to win a super bowl and actually make plays, not just be along for the ride, who's to say what he would have done in the regular season? Keep in mind, Hoss actually won a playoff game with the Raiders, making him 4-0 in the postseason at one point.

Which reminds me, Collins entered Super Bowl XXXV with a surprising playoff record. What was it?

allentown PA
11-16-2011, 09:39 PM
To take what Hoss did away from him and give it all to Simms is really unfair. Of you're going to start revising history like that, you might as well go back and give Kerry Collins a win against the 49ers because they couldn't snap a field goal, or a win for Eli Manning against the Eagles because the defense couldn't stop a team from waltzing down the field to take the win, or give Fassel two wins because he lost two playoff games by dumb flukey plays. Then you can start giving the Raiders moral victories against the Pats. It doesn't work that way. Hoss took the team and won those games. Who's to say what Hoss would have done if he started game 1? If he's good enough to win a super bowl and actually make plays, not just be along for the ride, who's to say what he would have done in the regular season? Keep in mind, Hoss actually won a playoff game with the Raiders, making him 4-0 in the postseason at one point.

Which reminds me, Collins entered Super Bowl XXXV with a surprising playoff record. What was it?

3-1?

YATittle1962
11-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Here you go guys and gals.... 0 thru 9. Part Deux Put the following accomplishments in numerical order 0 thru 9. Y.A. Tittle career seasons with the NY Giants NY Giants offensive Super Bowl TDs Dan Lloyd career sacks + NY Giants defensive Super Bowl TDs Montana career playoff victories vs Simms Simms career playoff victories vs Montana Howard Cross career fumbles Eli Manning college career rushing TDs Herb Welch ints as a NY Giant Byron Williams years in NFL Dave Meggett career punt return TDs Good luck</p>

For sure:** Tittle = 4 seasons;**** Offensive TDs*= 9;****** Dan Lloyd and Defensive TDs = 0* (kinda like a trick question...lol);***** Montana over Simms = 1;******** Simms over Montana = 3</p>

*</p>

Educated guess:**** Cross fumbles = 8 (I would have guessed more than 10 in his 13 seasons, and 9 for SB TDs is a sure thing, so cross fumbles has to be 8</p>

The rest are pure guesses:******Eli college TDs = 2;******Herb Welch INT's = 7;******Byron Williams years in NFL = 5;*********Meggett punt return TD's = 6</p>

Z Some are right but I am surprised that you got the Simms question wrong. That was also a trick question. These ten part questions are hard so I'm hoping the Calvary will ride over the hill.</p>

Yikes... I gave Simms credit for the 1990 playoff victory instead of Hoss.* That makes Simms over Montana at 2.</p>

I know you forgot Hoss.* He was great in 1990.* A lot of people doubted him but they didn't doubt him in the NYG locker room.* And he delivered.* Big time.* At home against the Bears, in SF when they were going for a threepeat and vs a great Bills team.

and also the '81 loss was against Brunner....who did not play terribly that day when the running game wasnt working all that well

a lot of folks forget that

Roswell777
11-16-2011, 10:01 PM

For sure:** Tittle = 4 seasons;**** Offensive TDs*= 9;****** Dan Lloyd and Defensive TDs = 0* (kinda like a trick question...lol);***** Montana over Simms = 1;******** Simms over Montana = 3</p>

*</p>

Educated guess:**** Cross fumbles = 8 (I would have guessed more than 10 in his 13 seasons, and 9 for SB TDs is a sure thing, so cross fumbles has to be 8</p>

The rest are pure guesses:******Eli college TDs = 2;******Herb Welch INT's = 7;******Byron Williams years in NFL = 5;*********Meggett punt return TD's = 6</p>

Yikes... I gave Simms credit for the 1990 playoff victory instead of Hoss.* That makes Simms over Montana at 2.</p>

I know you forgot Hoss.* He was great in 1990.* A lot of people doubted him but they didn't doubt him in the NYG locker room.* And he delivered.* Big time.* At home against the Bears, in SF when they were going for a threepeat and vs a great Bills team.

and also the '81 loss was against Brunner....who did not play terribly that day when the running game wasnt working all that well

a lot of folks forget that

I don't remember a lot from that game but I do remember Montana running, faking like he was going to run out of bounds and turning it upfield when a Giant dback pulled up.

That and Currier dropping an int. right in his breadbasket on the first drive.

YATittle1962
11-17-2011, 02:50 PM

0 thru 9. Part Deux

Good luck

so here goes my guesses

SB offensive TDs - 9
Herb Welch - 8
Meggett - 7
Howard Cross - 6
Tittle - 4
Byron Williams - 3
Simms wins - 2
Montana wins - 1

Once again you are knocking on the door.* You just have to switch two of them.* I like these types of questions because they encompass all different Giant eras.

As far as Simms vs Montana, a lot of people don't realize that Simms had a winning record against Montana in the playoffs.* Except for us and maybe, Simms, that is.

cant figure out which ones to switch

maybe Eli college TD and Byron Williams?

Roswell777
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM

0 thru 9. Part Deux

Good luck

so here goes my guesses

SB offensive TDs - 9
Herb Welch - 8
Meggett - 7
Howard Cross - 6
Tittle - 4
Byron Williams - 3
Simms wins - 2
Montana wins - 1

Once again you are knocking on the door.* You just have to switch two of them.* I like these types of questions because they encompass all different Giant eras.

As far as Simms vs Montana, a lot of people don't realize that Simms had a winning record against Montana in the playoffs.* Except for us and maybe, Simms, that is.

No you are good on those. I would tell you but the other guys might want to pull a plaxico and take a shot.

YATittle1962
11-17-2011, 03:08 PM

0 thru 9. Part Deux

Good luck

so here goes my guesses

SB offensive TDs - 9
Herb Welch - 8
Meggett - 7
Howard Cross - 6
Tittle - 4
Byron Williams - 3
Simms wins - 2
Montana wins - 1

No you are good on those. I would tell you but the other guys might want to pull a plaxico and take a shot.

Im still in this.....

dont give it away

Cross and Meggett ?

SEC105
11-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Speaking of that 81 [Jan. 82]playoff game @ San Fran.......who is this player....he had big part in that game with Scott Brunner</P>

http://www.granburyisd.org/cms/lib/TX01000552/Centricity/Domain/1/Perkins_-_New_York_Giants.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM

0 thru 9. Part Deux

Good luck

so here goes my guesses

SB offensive TDs - 9
Herb Welch - 8
Meggett - 7
Howard Cross - 6
Tittle - 4
Byron Williams - 3
Simms wins - 2
Montana wins - 1

Im still in this.....

dont give it away

Cross and Meggett ?

You are halfway there.

jints10
11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Speaking of that 81 [Jan. 82]*playoff game @ San Fran*.......who is this player....he had big part in that game with Scott Brunner</P>

http://www.granburyisd.org/cms/lib/TX01000552/Centricity/Domain/1/Perkins_-_New_York_Giants.jpg</P>

Z</P>
That's Johnny Perkins

SEC105
11-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Speaking of that 81 [Jan. 82]playoff game @ San Fran.......who is this player....he had big part in that game with Scott Brunner</P>

Z</P>

That's Johnny Perkins</P>

That is the late Johnny Perkins Jints10.....think he at least 2 TD passes in that game from Brunner. Passed away much to young R.I. P. Johnnny</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
11-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Same time frame.....how many Giants can we name I got Larry Flowers [;)] lol</P>

and who is the pain in the butt running with ball for the 49ers?</P>

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/wp-content/blogs.dir/2277/files/unsung-49ers-heroes/ba-morgue15_solo_0504136723.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
11-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Here you go guys and gals.... 0 thru 9. Part Deux Put the following accomplishments in numerical order 0 thru 9. Y.A. Tittle career seasons with the NY Giants NY Giants offensive Super Bowl TDs Dan Lloyd career sacks + NY Giants defensive Super Bowl TDs Montana career playoff victories vs Simms Simms career playoff victories vs Montana Howard Cross career fumbles Eli Manning college career rushing TDs Herb Welch ints as a NY Giant Byron Williams years in NFL Dave Meggett career punt return TDs Good luck again ....an amazing question.....and again ill take a shot this one was harder than the other ....simply because I knew less off the top of my head and have to resort to guessing so here goes my guesses SB offensive TDs - 9 Herb Welch - 8 Meggett - 7 Howard Cross - 6 Eli college rushing TD - 5 Tittle - 4 Byron Williams - 3 Simms wins - 2 Montana wins - 1 Dan Lloyd + SB def. TD - 0 quite a few of those were by process of elimination but Im am positive about maybe 4 of them another award winning question

Once again you are knocking on the door. You just have to switch two of them. I like these types of questions because they encompass all different Giant eras.

As far as Simms vs Montana, a lot of people don't realize that Simms had a winning record against Montana in the playoffs. Except for us and maybe, Simms, that is.

cant figure out which ones to switch maybe Eli college TD and Byron Williams? No you are good on those. I would tell you but the other guys might want to pull a plaxico and take a shot. Im still in this..... dont give it away Cross and Meggett ? You are halfway there.</P>

I think YA needs to swap Cross (6) and Welch (8)... to Cross (8) and welch (6)</P>

zimonami
11-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Same time frame.....how many Giants can we name I got Larry Flowers [;)] lol</P>

and who is the pain in the butt running with ball for the 49ers?</P>

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/wp-content/blogs.dir/2277/files/unsung-49ers-heroes/ba-morgue15_solo_0504136723.jpg</P>

Z</P>

</P>

36 is Mark Haynes; 10 is Van pelt; 70 is gary jeter; 77 is Bill Neill; Harry is on the ground, and Kelley is bottom right. I loved this team... was it LT's rookie year, 1981?</P>

I don't know the 49er.</P>

byron
11-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Roger Craig? I think zim</P>

zimonami
11-18-2011, 02:26 AM

Not sure, byron. Craig was #33. I don't think that is 33.</P>

</P>

jints10
11-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Same time frame.....how many Giants can we name I got Larry Flowers [;)] lol</p>

and who is the pain in the butt running with ball for the 49ers?</p>

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/wp-content/blogs.dir/2277/files/unsung-49ers-heroes/ba-morgue15_solo_0504136723.jpg</p>

Z</p>

</p>

36 is Mark Haynes; 10 is Van pelt; 70 is gary jeter; 77 is Bill Neill; Harry is on the ground, and Kelley is bottom right. I loved this team... was it LT's rookie year, 1981?</p>

I don't know the 49er.</p>
the 9er is Freddie Soloman

Roswell777
11-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Here you go guys and gals.... 0 thru 9. Part Deux Put the following accomplishments in numerical order 0 thru 9. Y.A. Tittle career seasons with the NY Giants NY Giants offensive Super Bowl TDs Dan Lloyd career sacks + NY Giants defensive Super Bowl TDs Montana career playoff victories vs Simms Simms career playoff victories vs Montana Howard Cross career fumbles Eli Manning college career rushing TDs Herb Welch ints as a NY Giant Byron Williams years in NFL Dave Meggett career punt return TDs Good luck again ....an amazing question.....and again ill take a shot this one was harder than the other ....simply because I knew less off the top of my head and have to resort to guessing so here goes my guesses SB offensive TDs - 9 Herb Welch - 8 Meggett - 7 Howard Cross - 6 Eli college rushing TD - 5 Tittle - 4 Byron Williams - 3 Simms wins - 2 Montana wins - 1 Dan Lloyd + SB def. TD - 0 quite a few of those were by process of elimination but Im am positive about maybe 4 of them another award winning question

cant figure out which ones to switch maybe Eli college TD and Byron Williams? No you are good on those. I would tell you but the other guys might want to pull a plaxico and take a shot. Im still in this..... dont give it away Cross and Meggett ? You are halfway there.</p>

I think YA needs to swap Cross (6) and Welch (8)... to Cross (8) and welch (6)</p>

And that's why they call Zim the closer.

YA gets the win. Zim, the save.

YATittle1962
11-18-2011, 05:24 PM

cant figure out which ones to switch maybe Eli college TD and Byron Williams? No you are good on those. I would tell you but the other guys might want to pull a plaxico and take a shot. Im still in this..... dont give it away Cross and Meggett ? You are halfway there.</p>

I think YA needs to swap Cross (6) and Welch (8)... to Cross (8) and welch (6)</p>

YA gets the win.* Zim, the save.

couldnt do it without him

thanks grampa Zim

zimonami
11-18-2011, 06:24 PM

cant figure out which ones to switch maybe Eli college TD and Byron Williams? No you are good on those. I would tell you but the other guys might want to pull a plaxico and take a shot. Im still in this..... dont give it away Cross and Meggett ? You are halfway there.</P>

I think YA needs to swap Cross (6) and Welch (8)... to Cross (8) and welch (6)</P>

YA gets the win. Zim, the save.

couldnt do it without him thanks grampa Zim :)</P>

I love you guys giving me the credit for the save... but, YA did all the hard work. I especially feel I don't deserve credit for a save cuz I gave Phil 3 victories over Montana and forgot the '90 season victory over SF was with Hoss... that's is worth a demerit...lol.</P>

So, YA pitched 8-1/3 innings of shutout balland Zim threw one pitch for a game ending double play.</P>

Mission accomplished.</P>

I love these questions with the 0 to 9 sorting out.... makes Grampa's brain work harder.</P>

YATittle1962
11-18-2011, 06:27 PM

I love you guys giving me the credit for the save... but, YA did all the hard work. I especially feel I don't deserve credit for a save cuz I gave Phil 3 victories over Montana and forgot the '90 season victory over SF was with Hoss... that's is worth a demerit...lol.</P>

So, YA pitched 8-1/3 innings of shutout ball*and Zim threw one pitch for a game ending double play.</P>

I love these questions with the 0 to 9 sorting out.... makes Grampa's brain work harder.</P>

Mariano Zimermann

byron
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM

Not sure, byron. Craig was #33. I don't think that is 33.</P>

</P> damn! throughtI had one zim!

Roswell777
11-19-2011, 12:21 AM

So, YA pitched 8-1/3 innings of shutout ball*and Zim threw one pitch for a game ending double play.</P>

I will come up with another one down the road.

Glad you guys like them.

zimonami
11-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Loosen up on the belt and
Be safe on the roads.

zimonami
11-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanksgiving, 1982... Gmen start the strike shortened season at 0-3. They get their first win against the Lions, 13-6.
Who scored the 4th quarter winning TD for the Giants?

YATittle1962
11-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanksgiving, 1982... Gmen start the strike shortened season at 0-3. They get their first win against the Lions, 13-6.

I think I know but am not sure ....was that the LT play...the big runback?

zimonami
11-23-2011, 10:56 PM

You got it, YA... 97 yd. INT.

YATittle1962
11-23-2011, 10:58 PM

You got it, YA... 97 yd. INT.

wow....was it that long ?

jomo
11-29-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm having trouble finding athread that I feel like responding to. Do you guys and girls mind if I just hide out here for a couple of weeks?

zimonami
11-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm having trouble finding a*thread that I feel like responding to. Do you guys and girls mind if I just hide out here for a couple of weeks?
Me, too, jomo. Not a thrilling day for Giant fans.

britishblue2
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm having trouble finding a*thread that I feel like responding to. Do you guys and girls mind if I just hide out here for a couple of weeks?
Me, too, jomo. Not a thrilling day for Giant fans. Im feasting all day ... it helps !!!

britishblue2
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Me, too, jomo. Not a thrilling day for Giant fans. Im feasting all day ... it helps !!!

UK-Giantsfan
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
DID YOU KNOW ...how much sleep i got last night ?

Answer ....0

and im bloody tired , angry and pi$$ed off

regards
UK

britishblue2
11-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Answer ....0

regards
UK LOL, i feel for you UK. Big sleeps tonight will sort you out mate

YATittle1962
11-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Me, too, jomo. Not a thrilling day for Giant fans.

hey guys it me..... hiding here in the corner scribbling down questions on the back of a ticket from the Coughlin roller coaster I found in my pocket

jomo
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM

Answer ....0

regards
UK LOL, i feel for you UK. Big sleeps tonight will sort you out mateLol After the eagles game I went straight to JFK for a flight to London to see my daughter. I spent the week there and flew home just in time to see the game last night. Between the travel hangover and getting shelled twice I am exhausted.

jomo
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM

Answer ....0

regards
UK LOL, i feel for you UK. Big sleeps tonight will sort you out mateLol After the eagles game I went straight to JFK for a flight to London to see my daughter. I spent the week there and flew home just in time to see the game last night. Between the travel hangover and getting shelled twice I am exhausted.

zimonami
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM

Answer ....0

regards
you rushed home for that game? Sort of like an April Fools joke.

jomo
11-30-2011, 02:23 PM

Answer ....0

regards
you rushed home for that game? Sort of like an April Fools joke.lol zim and that's not the whole story. While in London I had my phone stolen at a restaurant. I'm thinking my luck has to turn around soon, like this Sunday. Go Blue!!

jomo
11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Here's a randon question for the old school crowd. How would you translate "carmine canine" when naming this defensive maneuver?

zimonami
11-30-2011, 04:33 PM

Answer ....0

regards
you rushed home for that game? Sort of like an April Fools joke.lol zim and that's not the whole story. While in London I had my phone stolen at a restaurant. I'm thinking my luck has to turn around soon, like this Sunday. Go Blue!!
Before the NO game I said that we need to be 10-6 with (2) defeats of Dallas and (1) of the Redskins... then we can win either the Jets or New orleans, figuring the packers would be tougher than either of them.
If we play a great game we can beat the Pack... but that D is going to have be a whole lot better than they were against NO. I don't think this Defensive secondary can play zone, especially with the raw Amukamara... he'll be much better at Man until he can learn the coverages.
I still think we get in at 10-6 and the (4) victories I stated... everyone will be jumping ship if we lose this week, but we can still get there.
That being said, if we make it I don't think we go too far with this secondary, LB's and Offensive line. Jacobs is definitely not what he was, but I have yet to see a hole opened by our line that is more than a foot wide. Geezuz, I remember Joe Morris getting holes the size of Cadillacs back in '86.

jomo
11-30-2011, 05:06 PM

Answer ....0

regards
Before the NO game I said that we need to be 10-6 with (2) defeats of Dallas and (1) of the Redskins... then we can win either the Jets or New orleans, figuring the packers would be tougher than either of them.
If we play a great game we can beat the Pack... but that D is going to have be a whole lot better than they were against NO. I don't think this Defensive secondary can play zone, especially with the raw Amukamara... he'll be much better at Man until he can learn the coverages.
I still think we get in at 10-6 and the (4) victories I stated... everyone will be jumping ship if we lose this week, but we can still get there.
That being said, if we make it I don't think we go too far with this secondary, LB's and Offensive line. Jacobs is definitely not what he was, but I have yet to see a hole opened by our line that is more than a foot wide. Geezuz, I remember Joe Morris getting holes the size of Cadillacs back in '86.I agree Zim, making the playoffs will be difficult based on how we've been playing lately but not out of the question. I think that having Diehl back at tackle might actually help our running game because he gets a much better push than Beatty. I don't know what to make of Baas. The defensive line hasn't played up to their potential. If they could just approach the ferocity we expected, that would mask the issues we have at LB and DB.

jomo
11-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Here's a randon question for the old school crowd. How would you translate "carmine canine" when naming this defensive maneuver?This one is easier than it sounds. No hints just yet.

zimonami
11-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Here's a randon question for the old school crowd. How would you translate "carmine canine" when naming this defensive maneuver?This one is easier than it sounds. No hints just yet.
I see a red dog and I wanted it painted black.

fourth&forever
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
oh got it, red dog

jomo
11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Here's a randon question for the old school crowd. How would you translate "carmine canine" when naming this defensive maneuver?This one is easier than it sounds. No hints just yet. oh got it, red dogThere you go! Not too hard right? And for the younger ones around here, a "red dog" is synonomous with a blitz.

jomo
11-30-2011, 08:37 PM
All right, what did we used to call wide receivers and slot receivers?

fourth&forever
11-30-2011, 09:01 PM
x & y's?

Roswell777
11-30-2011, 09:15 PM

Split ends and flankers?

jomo
12-01-2011, 07:26 AM
All right, what did we used to call wide receivers and slot receivers? Split ends and flankers?That's it Roswell. This one came to merecently when I heard a couple of old timers talking about our "ends" but they were referring to Nicks, Cruz etc. I played some flanker in my day so it is always special to me.

Roswell777
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
All right, what did we used to call wide receivers and slot receivers? Split ends and flankers?That's it Roswell. This one came to me*recently when I heard a couple of old timers talking about our "ends" but they were referring to Nicks, Cruz etc. I played some flanker in my day so it is always special to me.

As a kid, my favorite Giant was a flanker.

#40.

Joe Morrison.

zimonami
12-01-2011, 08:29 PM
All right, what did we used to call wide receivers and slot receivers? Split ends and flankers?That's it Roswell. This one came to me*recently when I heard a couple of old timers talking about our "ends" but they were referring to Nicks, Cruz etc. I played some flanker in my day so it is always special to me.

As a kid, my favorite Giant was a flanker.

#40.

Joe Morrison.

Our prodigal son, SEC, has a Flanker as his Avi... the dashing Frank Gifford.
It seems sports change terminologies every generation or so, for whatever reason... Like jomo mentioned, Red Dog isn't mentioned much anymore. Things change, even though they are the same old same old.

allentown PA
12-04-2011, 09:47 PM
What current NFL head coach was our backup QB in the 2000 superbowl season?

Roswell777
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it's the same guy whose father was a Giant coach.

allentown PA
12-04-2011, 09:57 PM

lol..idk...if we are thinking of the same guy then u just taught me something.

Roswell777
12-04-2011, 10:00 PM

We have to let some of the other guys weigh in. I think I'm right, but I've been wrong before...

zimonami
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM

We have to let some of the other guys weigh in. I think I'm right, but I've been wrong before...
Jason Garrett?

allentown PA
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM

Jason Garrett?

yup..good job zim

Roswell777
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM

Jason Garrett?

yup..good job zim

Jason Garrett's dad Jim was a Giant coach in the early 70s.

allentown PA
12-09-2011, 08:16 PM

Jason Garrett?

yup..good job zim

Jason Garrett's dad Jim was a Giant coach in the early 70s.

cool good stuff...didnt know that

allentown PA
12-09-2011, 08:18 PM
came here to ask this cause i respect the people who post on here...what pos do u think the giants target in the 1st next year?

YATittle1962
12-09-2011, 08:38 PM
came here to ask this cause i respect the people who post on here...what pos do u think the giants target in the 1st next year?

prob D line

keyofgmen
12-09-2011, 08:46 PM

prob D line

Better be OL!!

allentown PA
12-09-2011, 11:27 PM

prob D line

can def see that with osi prbly gone and tuck always banged up...wouldnt mind another DE...depends where we pick...if we pick later in the 1st like after 25 i wouldnt mind getting a back.

zimonami
12-10-2011, 12:02 AM

prob D line

can def see that with osi prbly gone and tuck always banged up...wouldnt mind another DE...depends where we pick...if we pick later in the 1st like after 25 i wouldnt mind getting a back.
We need to get MKenzie's future replacement.

allentown PA
12-10-2011, 12:06 AM

prob D line

dont know why that cant be beatty at RT, big dave at LT petrus and snee at guards...wish we wouldnt have got rid of koets....baas was a bad sign imo.

zimonami
12-10-2011, 11:15 AM

prob D line

dont know why that cant be beatty at RT, big dave at LT petrus and snee at guards...wish we wouldnt have got rid of koets....baas was a bad sign imo.
You could be right... I haven't paid enuf attention to Petrus to have that confidence. Yes, Beatty could be fine at RT, as long as Diehl has 2-3 more years in him at LT. Diehl is better at LT than Beatty... so far. Beatty is still young.
So, assuming you're right, then I want that 1st rnd stud LB. I don't expect a HOFer, like LT or Carson... or even Banks, who is a HOFer in my book... but someone as good as Reasons would be good. How about another Pepper, or Armstead?

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
what a miserable day...again...watch them beat the jets next week..that would be a nice x-mas gift..in fact thats all I want.

zimonami
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
what a miserable day...again...watch them beat the jets next week..that would be a nice x-mas gift..in fact thats all I want.
I was so bummed today. No way we should lose 2X to this Skins team. But, when you look seriously at our team we are very weak at LB and Defensive secondary and if we make the playoffs we aren't going too far.
As soon as Nicks dropped that pass I was like, "Uh OH, this might not be our day." Then the punt that was nearly stopped at the 1 foot line, but wasn't. You have to make your own breaks. I've seen too many days of these 'almost' games. Let's beat the Jets and make our Christmas a lot merrier.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
I was so bummed today. No way we should lose 2X to this Skins team. But, when you look seriously at our team we are very weak at LB and Defensive secondary and if we make the playoffs we aren't going too far.
As soon as Nicks dropped that pass I was like, "Uh OH, this might not be our day." Then the punt that was nearly stopped at the 1 foot line, but wasn't. You have to make your own breaks. I've seen too many days of these 'almost' games. Let's beat the Jets and make our Christmas a lot merrier.

agreed on everything zim...love nicks but he needs to make that play...hit him in the facemask wtf...to be honest u could see this coming a mile a way...we can def beat the jets imo but only time will tell...on a side note the lber play and the tackling by our secondary is a major issue imo.

YATittle1962
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
in the last regular season Giants Jets game....what rookie DB had 2 picks? ...one which sealed the game...

forgive me guys....just trying to remember better days in pro football

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:40 PM
in the last regular season Giants Jets game....what rookie DB had 2 picks? ...one which sealed the game...

easy one YA...it was ross...a side note about that game it was jacobs first 100 yard rushing game.

daynemustgo
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM

I hope he's not on the team next year.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM

i had great seats that day in the corner of the endzone where ross took the 2nd pick to the house...he showed so much promise that season.

zimonami
12-19-2011, 10:35 PM

i had great seats that day in the corner of the endzone where ross took the 2nd pick to the house...he showed so much promise that season.
I thought so, too. After the failure of the "Wills" I was excited about Ross' future. This year I was hoping he wouldn't make the team... mainly because he admitted, a few years ago, that he wasn't motivated... and he played that way. I didn't even want him as 'depth'. You have to have passion for the game to play at a consistently high level in the Pros.

zimonami
12-19-2011, 10:37 PM

I hope he's not on the team next year.

I've got to agree. I didn't want him this year.

daynemustgo
12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Xmass Eve 1989....

I helped the Giants clinch the NFC Eastern Division Title with a 76 yard punt return in a 34-17 win over the LA Raiders.

Who am I?

(hint - I also scored on a 57 yard pass from Simms to help the Giants beat the Broncos (in Denver)14-7 earlier in the year)

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Xmass Eve 1989....

I helped the Giants clinch the NFC Eastern Division Title with a 76 yard punt return in a 34-17 win over the LA Raiders.

Who am I?

(hint - I also scored on a 57 yard pass from Simms to help the Giants beat the Broncos (in Denver)14-7 earlier in the year)

dont know for sure....but gotta be Meggett

daynemustgo
12-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Xmass Eve 1989....

Who am I?

dont know for sure....but gotta be Meggett

winner

SEC105
12-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Plaxico first comes to mind of course.......but how many players can we name who have played for Both the Giants and the Jets?</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Plaxico first comes to mind of course.......but how many players can we name who have played for Both the Giants and the Jets?</P>

Z</P>

Jumbo

BlueJayC
12-20-2011, 06:23 PM

Z</P>

Jumbo</P>

Kareem</P>

zimonami
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM

Z</P>
SEC!!! great question.
Don Maynard... he caught 5 passes for us in his rookie year, 1958, and then 627 passes for the Titans/Jets in his next 13 years

jomo
12-20-2011, 09:40 PM

Z</P> SEC!!! great question. Don Maynard... he caught 5 passes for us in his rookie year, 1958, and then 627 passes for the Titans/Jets in his next 13 yearsEasy ones, Kareem McKenzie and Weatherford and Danny Ware.

SEC105
12-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Who's this former Giant and Jet?</P>

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/56105214.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD34C1E6F02AD9855B82C1ABC087273508FC 7BE6C688CD97AAF06BF04B24B4128C</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-20-2011, 10:19 PM
So the boards have <FONT color=#ff0000>really </FONT><FONT color=#000000>changed alot....since I last read em[;)].......confidence abounds!!! lol</FONT></P>

seriously though , can you guys imagine if we had cypertalk back in the days of planes flying over the Meadowlands with banners "15 years of lousy football...."</P>

AS we know in DYK.......it is now the days of parirty in the NFL......anything can happen in a week or 2</P>

Z</P>

jomo
12-20-2011, 10:27 PM
So the boards have <FONT color=#ff0000>really </FONT><FONT color=#000000>changed alot....since I last read em[;)].......confidence abounds!!! lol</FONT></P>

seriously though , can you guys imagine if we had cypertalk back in the days of planes flying over the Meadowlands with banners "15 years of lousy football...."</P>

AS we know in DYK.......it is now the days of parirty in the NFL......anything can happen in a week or 2</P>

Z</P>Incredibly so SEC. We win out and we are division champs at 9-7. We lose this week-end and we have to endure an off season of shame. Incredible parity, for better and for worse.

ny06
12-20-2011, 10:31 PM

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/56105214.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 F7C3FC3F69D929FD34C1E6F02AD9855B82C1ABC087273508FC 7BE6C688CD97AAF06BF04B24B4128C</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That's Chad Morton</P>

daynemustgo
12-20-2011, 10:39 PM
1989 - A strained muscle in Raul Allegres kicking leg opened the door for this young kicker from Sweden.

(hint - flowing hockey hair and barefoot)

SEC105
12-20-2011, 10:39 PM

Z</P>

</P>

That's Chad Morton</P>

</P>

Right you are NY06 it's Chad....still in Fla. or back to the NY area? Recall you saying you might be heading up to the cold but comfy confines of the tristate area</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/126/580/RackMultipart.29815.0_display_image.jpg?1261258073</P>

Z</P>

jomo
12-20-2011, 10:42 PM
1989 - A strained muscle in Raul Allegres kicking leg opened the door for this young kicker from Sweden. (hint - flowing hockey hair and barefoot)That would be Bjorn Nittmo. [:)]

SEC105
12-20-2011, 10:43 PM

Z</P>

Incredibly so SEC. We win out and we are division champs at 9-7. We lose this week-end and we have to endure an off season of shame. Incredible parity, for better and for worse.</P>

Well Jomo...if parity is the rule these days .....better than them us .....right? lol</P>

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2010/NFL/WeeklyGallery/week8/s101031_c1pg-vertical.jpg</P>

Z</P>

daynemustgo
12-20-2011, 10:43 PM
1989 - A strained muscle in Raul Allegres kicking leg opened the door for this young kicker from Sweden. (hint - flowing hockey hair and barefoot)That would be Bjorn Nittmo. [:)]

That was too easy..

ny06
12-20-2011, 10:45 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I see Jumbo and McKenzie were named, I'll add to it.</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Erik Howard</P>

Plax</P>

Steve Weatherford</P>

Sam Garnes</P>

And yes SEC, I am still in Florida. Got my transfer papers in so it should be in a short time I'll be back in NY. </P>

SEC105
12-20-2011, 10:48 PM
1989 - A strained muscle in Raul Allegres kicking leg opened the door for this young kicker from Sweden. (hint - flowing hockey hair and barefoot)That would be Bjorn Nittmo. [:)] That was too easy..</P>

Bjorn set what NFL record while a NY Giant?</P>

</P>

http://www.playattherock.com/cmsimg/nittmo_nfl-1.jpg</P>

college pic</P>

Z</P>

daynemustgo
12-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Preseason 1990 - In my first carry (in my first preseason game), I took the ball 80 yards for a TD in Buffalo. Say my name.

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 10:51 PM
something all these players have in common

Plaxico Burress
Pepper Johnson
Jumbo Elliot
Don Maynard
Raul Allegre

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 10:52 PM
something all these players have in common

Plaxico Burress
Pepper Johnson
Jumbo Elliot
Don Maynard
Raul Allegre

wow didnt see what was asked a few questions ago

nevermind

SEC105
12-20-2011, 10:52 PM

Z</P>

</P>

I see Jumbo and McKenzie were named, I'll add to it.</P>

Leonard Marshall</P>

Pepper Johnson</P>

Erik Howard</P>

Plax</P>

Steve Weatherford</P>

Sam Garnes</P>

And yes SEC, I am still in Florida. Got my transfer papers in so it should be in a short time I'll be back in NY. </P>

</P>

Well I'm sure you want to get back up here ASAP.....however it may not be such a bad thing if it happens around the beginning of April [;)]</P>

http://www.csc.cs.colorado.edu/~matthew/content/2001-12-blizzard/blizzard-02-l.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
something all these players have in common Plaxico Burress Pepper Johnson Jumbo Elliot Don Maynard Raul Allegre wow didnt see what was asked a few questions ago nevermind :)</P>

Here's one for you YA........A Giant who was a RB [lead the team in rushing yards] late 70s ended up a Jet for a short time recall who it was?</P>

Z</P>

jomo
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
1989 - A strained muscle in Raul Allegres kicking leg opened the door for this young kicker from Sweden. (hint - flowing hockey hair and barefoot)That would be Bjorn Nittmo. [:)] That was too easy..</P>

</P>

college pic</P>

Z</P>This one escapes me SEC but I do know that he went to 1AA powerhouse Appalachian State. The guy had a powerful leg.

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
something all these players have in common Plaxico Burress Pepper Johnson Jumbo Elliot Don Maynard Raul Allegre wow didnt see what was asked a few questions ago nevermind :)</P>

Here's one for you YA........A Giant who was a RB [lead the team in rushing yards] late 70s ended up a Jet for a short time*** recall who it was?</P>

Z</P>

BIlly Taylor

jomo
12-20-2011, 11:00 PM

Here's one for you YA........A Giant who was a RB [lead the team in rushing yards] late 70s ended up a Jet for a short time recall who it was?</P>

Z</P> BIlly TaylorBT Express played for the Jets? I think he played for the Raiders but didn't remember the Jets.

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 11:02 PM

Here's one for you YA........A Giant who was a RB [lead the team in rushing yards] late 70s ended up a Jet for a short time*** recall who it was?</P>

Z</P> BIlly TaylorBT Express played for the Jets? I think he played for the Raiders but didn't remember the Jets.

played for the jets very briefly ......did next to nothing if I remember correctly

SEC105
12-20-2011, 11:35 PM

</P>

college pic</P>

Z</P>

This one escapes me SEC but I do know that he went to 1AA powerhouse Appalachian State. The guy had a powerful leg.</P>

That was tough one Jomo.......but as rookie in his first NFL game he kicked 5 FGs for us if I'm not mistaken</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-20-2011, 11:37 PM

Z</P>

BIlly TaylorBT Express played for the Jets? I think he played for the Raiders but didn't remember the Jets. played for the jets very briefly ......did next to nothing if I remember correctly</P>

It was Billy Taylor and his Jet career was very short</P>

Z</P>