PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53

SEC105
12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Another Giant who played for gang green.....any guesses?</P>

http://www.autograph-sports.com/Cards/LargeImages/50310822_A.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM

Z</P>
Is that MO?
I don't know that Maurice played for the Jets... he was their running back coach, but I don't think he played for them.

SEC105
12-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Z</P>

Is that MO? I don't know that Maurice played for the Jets... he was their running back coach, but I don't think he played for them.</P>

Good guess Z....but thats Kenyon Rasheed it was a tough question</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
12-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Who is this Jet player..........I always liked and respected him even though he broke our hearts</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/456/856/altoon_display_image.jpg?1287633287</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
12-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Who is this Jet player..........I always liked and respected him even though he broke our hearts</P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/456/856/altoon_display_image.jpg?1287633287</P>

Z</P>
I got this one, SEC... I didn't think the other was Mo, but I never would have remembered Rasheed.
This Jet player has to be Al Toon. I agree with your assessment... much respect fpr his play.

jomo
12-23-2011, 04:00 PM

Z</P> I got this one, SEC... I didn't think the other was Mo, but I never would have remembered Rasheed. This Jet player has to be Al Toon. I agree with your assessment... much respect fpr his play.Big rangy receiver who's career was cut short by concussions. I respect him alot.

NYG 5
12-23-2011, 04:18 PM
This Giant would never sit down during a game

jomo
12-23-2011, 04:29 PM
This Giant would never sit down during a gamelol every backup QBwith or without theirclipboard. Seriously, this is a tough one.

NYG 5
12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Ill say that he isn't some obscure player like... Wesly mallard or somehing

jomo
12-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Ill say that he isn't some obscure player like... Wesly mallard or somehingI don't think I've ever seen Eli sitting.??

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 08:57 PM
heard they are handing out towels sunday night...I hope there is an electric feel to the stadium.

daynemustgo
12-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Well I never sit down when watching the games this year. does that count?

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Well I never sit down when watching the games this year. does that count?

lol..yea...the section I sat in for years at the old place they would have flipped if u stood in front of them...bunch of old season ticket holders around me

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
im asking this, its not a trivia question...have the giants ever swept their AFC schedule before? They were 4-0 this year...I don't recall that happening before.

zimonami
12-29-2011, 09:32 PM
im asking this, its not a trivia question...have the giants ever swept their AFC schedule before? They were 4-0 this year...I don't recall that happening before.
I just researched this, beginning in '86.
In 1989 we were 4-0 against AFC West, and in 2008 we were 4-0 against AFC Central.
One of my good friends is a Jet season ticket holder and has been calling us the NFC Least all season. Naturally I got the last laugh on his AFC Least.

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM
In 1989 we were 4-0 against AFC West, and in 2008 we were 4-0 against AFC Central.
One of my good friends is a Jet season ticket holder and has been calling us the NFC Least all season. Naturally I got the last laugh on his AFC Least.

good stuff zim but we were 3-1 against the afc in 2008..we lost to cleveland on monday night.

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 09:37 PM

good stuff zim but we were 3-1 against the afc in 2008..we lost to cleveland on monday night.

so zim..did u go to the jets game on x-mas eve? how about YA? If so where did u guys have to sit?

YATittle1962
12-29-2011, 10:16 PM

so zim..did u go to the jets game on x-mas eve? how about YA? If so where did u guys have to sit?

I was there

I was all the way up in 329 row 11 in a buddys seats

had an absolute blast

jets fans were very pleasant ....for the most part anyway

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 10:23 PM

I was there

I was all the way up in 329 row 11 in a buddys seats

had an absolute blast

jets fans were very pleasant ....for the most part anyway

I was there in 2003 the last time we were the road team against them and the jets fans were fine for me too...I never understand the giants fans who hate the jets...I have a friend who is a giants fan who actually wanted philly to beat them...I never got the hate for the jets...I could honestly care less about them.

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
the only request I have for sunday night is for the giants to be more conservative in the passing game on 3rd downs...don't get me wrong I love when they take chances down field but I've noticed they seem to go for broke on like 3rd and 5 a lot...this bother anyone else?

zimonami
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
the only request I have for sunday night is for the giants to be more conservative in the passing game on 3rd downs...don't get me wrong I love when they take chances down field but I've noticed they seem to go for broke on like 3rd and 5 a lot...this bother anyone else?
Yeah, I've also noticed this tendency. There's a much higher percentage of success on 7-8 yd passes than 20+, as we all know. Gilbride seems to think that they'll expect us to go for the sure yardage and 1st down, so it's a good time to fool them and go for the gusto.

zimonami
12-29-2011, 11:08 PM

I didn't go, I only went to the Buffalo game this year.
Yeah... 2008, I read the results wrong... 3-1.

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 10:23 PM
what does David Diehl claim as his college during Sunday Night Football offensive introductions?

Drystt
01-02-2012, 10:28 PM
what does David Diehl claim as his college during Sunday Night Football offensive introductions?

THE University of Chief Illiniwek. Got your attention now?

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 10:29 PM

Don't think anyone would know this without looking it up or rewinding their TIVO...

"During player introductions on TV, he states his school as "University of Chief Illiniwek." -wiki

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Don't think anyone would know this without looking it up or rewinding their TIVO...

"During player introductions on TV, he states his school as "University of Chief Illiniwek." -wiki

why would they not know it without looking it up?

there are plenty of guys here who know stuff like this.

I for one knew this.....and I could name a handful more who I would bet know as well

do you know who that is and why he says it?

of course you do ...you looked it up...

give someone else a shot

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM

why would they not know it without looking it up?

there are plenty of guys here who know stuff like this.

I for one knew this.....and I could name a handful more who I would bet know as well

do you know who that is and why he says it?

of course you do ...you looked it up...

give someone else a shot

Ok my fault...I'm glad someone else answered it before i did then...

Drystt
01-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah over looked as always. Works with the gimmick

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 11:04 PM

not sure what yr talking about here

Drystt
01-02-2012, 11:16 PM

I answered before him, then I alluded to my sig quote, which is true, but humorous nevertheless. I knew what the answer was, but I had to look up the spelling so I can get it right. I remember making a comment to my sister about it while we watched.

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 11:32 PM

I answered before him, then I alluded to my sig quote, which is true, but humorous nevertheless. I knew what the answer was, but I had to look up the spelling so I can get it right. I remember making a comment to my sister about it while we watched.

missed that brother

sorry

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Webster has 6 picks this season

who was the last NY Giant to have 6 picks?

...and when was it ?

jomo
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Like Victor Cruz, this former Cowboy receiver was also an undrafted rookie, free agent signing. He came out of the University of Tulsa and went to three pro-bowls and was part of 3 Super Bowl championship teams. He is considered by many to be the greatest clutch receiver in Cowboy history. Name this receiver.

jomo
01-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Webster has 6 picks this season who was the last NY Giant to have 6 picks? ...and when was it ?Almost sure it was Emmanuel McDaniel. Not sure of the year but it wasaround 2001?

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Webster has 6 picks this season who was the last NY Giant to have 6 picks? ...and when was it ?Emmanuel McDaniel around 2001?

a cigar for my man jomo

jomo
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Webster has 6 picks this season who was the last NY Giant to have 6 picks? ...and when was it ?Emmanuel McDaniel around 2001? a cigar for my man jomoFrom Nat Sherman's of course.

jomo
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Like Victor Cruz, this former Cowboy receiver was also an undrafted rookie, free agent signing. He came out of the University of Tulsa and went to three pro-bowls and was part of 3 Super Bowl championship teams. He is considered by many to be the greatest clutch receiver in Cowboy history. Name this receiver.This one's a layup for YA or Zim or Sec.

zimonami
01-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Like Victor Cruz, this former Cowboy receiver was also an undrafted rookie, free agent signing. He came out of the University of Tulsa and went to three pro-bowls and was part of 3 Super Bowl championship teams. He is considered by many to be the greatest clutch receiver in Cowboy history. Name this receiver.This one's a layup for YA or Zim or Sec.
Had to scratch my brain a bit... has to be #88, Drew Pearson.

zimonami
01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Name another great WR from Tulsa... played 60's and 70's for Miami and had a particular move named after him

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Name another great WR from Tulsa... played 60's and 70's for Miami and had a particular move named after him

Twilling or Twillie....great college player

is that the guy......?

zimonami
01-04-2012, 10:21 AM

is that the guy......?
You betcha, YA. Had a great career with Miami and had a double fake move that was really nice that was called "The Twilley" back then.

YATittle1962
01-04-2012, 11:01 AM

is that the guy......?
You betcha, YA. Had a great career with Miami and had a double fake move that was really nice that was called "The Twilley" back then.

dont remember the name of the move...but I remember him .....hell of a player

only offensive receiving TD in the 72 SB I just learned when I looked him up

zimonami
01-04-2012, 11:30 AM

is that the guy......?

dont remember the name of the move...but I remember him .....hell of a player

only offensive receiving TD in the 72 SB I just learned when I looked him up
A runner-up in Heisman voting. Only drafted 12th round because of lack of speed. Like Raymond Berry of the Colts and Fred Belitnikoff of Oakland... slow, but great possession receivers... kinda like Smith was for us.... Mr. Dependable

SEC105
01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Who is this former Falcon running back?</P>

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/07/17/00/slideshow_1001777242_andrews.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh.....and more Gang......who are these 2 Dallas Cowboys lol</P>

GOOOOOOOO GIIIIIIIII...AANNNTTSSSSSS!!!!!! </P>

What A New Years Day night that was</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.999683.1325486378!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg</P>

Z</P>

NYGRealityCheck
01-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Oh.....and more Gang......who are these 2 Dallas Cowboys*** lol</P>

GOOOOOOOO* GIIIIIIIII...AANNNTTSSSSSS!!!!!!*** </P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.999683.1325486378!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg</P>

Z</P>

41 is Terrence Newman, the simple Giants hurdle in that game.

SEC105
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Oh.....and more Gang......who are these 2 Dallas Cowboys lol</P>

GOOOOOOOO GIIIIIIIII...AANNNTTSSSSSS!!!!!! </P>

Z</P>

41 is Terrence Newman, the simple Giants hurdle in that game.</P>

just to clarify..........Terrence is the "human [NY Football Giants] Hurdle" [:D]</P>

but whatever Reality....so true!</P>

allentown PA
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
crowd was awesome today...sounded loud on tv..even with fox dubbing the noise.

jomo
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
crowd was awesome today...sounded loud on tv..even with fox dubbing the noise.Surprised you were able to hear us over that background noise a/k/a Troy Aikman. [:D]

allentown PA
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
crowd was awesome today...sounded loud on tv..even with fox dubbing the noise.Surprised you were able to hear us over that background noise a/k/a Troy Aikman. [:D]

lol..true..not a fan of either one of them however Aikman is actually a really good announcer imo.

zimonami
01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Very proud of the Old Time Giant D=E=F-E-N-S-E that we showed today. Like I said... Energy and Attitude. It seemed that when Jacobs made that nice run up the middle with energy and attitide, the whole team picked it up.
Feels good

NYGRealityCheck
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I feel like i have to follow up on today's great performance...

When was the last time a losing NFL football team was left with a 2 on the scoreboard at the end of the game? lol!

NYGFaninILL
01-08-2012, 11:05 PM
I feel like i have to follow up on today's great performance...

When was the last time a losing NFL football team was left with a 2 on the scoreboard at the end of the game? lol!

Dec 12,1993

New England 7
Cincinnati 2

NYGFaninILL
01-08-2012, 11:07 PM
And since we're on the topic of Road to the Super Bowl:

What song did The Giants enter to in super bowl 42?

ny06
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
And since we're on the topic of Road to the Super Bowl: What song did The Giants enter to in super bowl 42?</P>

Stronger by Kanye West</P>

SEC105
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I think we finally turned New Giant Stadium into "OUR" house yesterday.....the place was ROCKING...........for those who could not be there...we felt the Great Karma coming right through your TV screens!!! What A day for all of us GMEN fans</P>

your favorite plays from yesterday?</P>

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2670511/136570056_extra_large.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jomo
01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I think we finally turned New Giant Stadium into "OUR" house yesterday.....the place was ROCKING...........for those who could not be there...we felt the Great Karma coming right through your TV screens!!! What A day for all of us GMEN fans</P>

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2670511/136570056_extra_large.jpg</P>

Z</P>

I am going to throw a bouquet to Mario, a guy who I have hammered often for running bad routes, That catch on the sideline was incredible and the TD connection from Eli was perfection! </P>

Yesterday, we christened GIANTS STADIUM!!</P>

fourth&forever
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
yes, great to have Mario back and contributing. He was MIA long enough.
Right you are SEC105 & Jomo, NEW GIANTS STADIUM!!

YATittle1962
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I think we finally turned New Giant Stadium into "OUR" house yesterday.....the place was ROCKING...........for those who could not be there...we felt the Great Karma coming right through your TV screens!!!** What A day for all of us GMEN fans</P>

Z</P>

Elis run for the first was awesome

and Jacobs big run where he refused to go down got the place all fired up

But Nicks long TD made my day!!!!!

in the last playoff game between the Packers and Giants ........

we all know Burress had 11 catches

but there were 4 players with 1 catch each ......name them

allentown PA
01-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I think we finally turned New Giant Stadium into "OUR" house yesterday.....the place was ROCKING...........for those who could not be there...we felt the Great Karma coming right through your TV screens!!!** What A day for all of us GMEN fans</P>

Z</P>

hedge****...boss...jacobs...and bradshaw?

zimonami
01-09-2012, 11:27 PM

Z</P>

hedge****...boss...jacobs...and bradshaw?
I think our SB hero, Tyree, had one... so, I'll take Hedge**** off this list, and add Tyree

jomo
01-10-2012, 07:50 AM

Z</P> Elis run for the first was awesome and Jacobs big run where he refused to go down got the place all fired up But Nicks long TD made my day!!!!! in the last playoff game between the Packers and Giants ........ we all know Burress had 11 catches but there were 4 players with 1 catch each ......name them hedge****...boss...jacobs...and bradshaw? I think our SB hero, Tyree, had one... so, I'll take Hedge**** off this list, and add TyreeDidn't Beckum get one?

zimonami
01-10-2012, 11:53 AM

Z</P> Elis run for the first was awesome and Jacobs big run where he refused to go down got the place all fired up But Nicks long TD made my day!!!!! in the last playoff game between the Packers and Giants ........ we all know Burress had 11 catches but there were 4 players with 1 catch each ......name them hedge****...boss...jacobs...and bradshaw? I think our SB hero, Tyree, had one... so, I'll take Hedge**** off this list, and add TyreeDidn't Beckum get one?
don't think Beckum was with us until 2009

allentown PA
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM

don't think Beckum was with us until 2009

its seems like a lifetime for that wasted pick..lol

YATittle1962
01-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Jacobs, Bradshaw, Boss, Tyree

SEC105
01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Like our current Dline....this is a formidable Dline from the Cleveland Brownsfrom days gone by. One of these players was aNY Football Giant.....who is he?</P>

Extra.......can we name some of the others</P>

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/images/stories/Gregory_Sherk_Johnson_Jones.jpg</P>

Z</P>

NYGRealityCheck
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Don't forget Toomer's sidline tipy-toe catch in that game. He was one of the best in the business with the sideline/teeter-tottering outofbounds catches.

zimonami
01-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Like our current Dline....this is a formidable Dline from the Cleveland Browns*from days gone by. One of these players was a*NY Football Giant.....who is he?</P>

*http://www.theclevelandfan.com/images/stories/Gregory_Sherk_Johnson_Jones.jpg</P>

Z</P>
81 is Jack Gregory and 72 is Jerry Sherk (not to be confused with our own #87, Gary Shirk).
I don't know 71 or 80.

YATittle1962
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Don't forget Toomer's sidline tipy-toe catch in that game. He was one of the best in the business with the sideline/teeter-tottering outofbounds catches.

right ..but the question was to name the players who each had 1 reception

NYG 5
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Like our current Dline....this is a formidable Dline from the Cleveland Brownsfrom days gone by. One of these players was aNY Football Giant.....who is he?</p>

Extra.......can we name some of the others</p>

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/images/stories/Gregory_Sherk_Johnson_Jones.jpg</p>

Z</p>

<font color="#ff0000">don't be silly, those are tight ends.

<font color="#000000">and i don't think i ever gave the answer to one of my own questions, but did you ever see Strahan sit on the sidelines? he was always standing around with a cup of gatorade</font>
</font>

SEC105
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Like our current Dline....this is a formidable Dline from the Cleveland Brownsfrom days gone by. One of these players was aNY Football Giant.....who is he?</P>

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/images/stories/Gregory_Sherk_Johnson_Jones.jpg</P>

Z</P>

81 is Jack Gregory and 72 is Jerry Sherk (not to be confused with our own #87, Gary Shirk). I don't know 71 or 80.</P>

Good job Z.........71 is long time ClevelandBrown Walter Johnson and 80 is Joe Jones</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Who are these Giants from the 60s.......one is tough name the Packer RB very little memory of him but he did start a Super Bowl for Green Bay</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Pk49mVrUKD0/SpSsm8ZCODI/AAAAAAAABoc/fdedwZvp7Ww/s400/ben%2Bwilson%2Bgiants.jpg</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
The giants gave up more points than they scored this year, when was the last time they did that and made the playoffs?

allentown PA
01-12-2012, 11:26 PM
sorry sec didnt mean to ask one before yours got answered.

SEC105
01-20-2012, 04:17 PM
sorry sec didnt mean to ask one before yours got answered.</P>

No problem AT...........</P>

Not question ....just a littlehistory revisited [:D]</P>

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/10/03/13/2110193/3/628x471.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM
twenty one years ago today

Leonard Marshall is down on his hands and knees.......he gets up.....runs full steam into the back of Joe Montana and buries his facemask into the mud of Candlestick Park field .....

Steve Young trots onto the field....

how many passes for how many yards did Young throw for in relief of Joe?

SEC105
01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
twenty one years ago today Leonard Marshall is down on his hands and knees.......he gets up.....runs full steam into the back of Joe Montana and buries his facemask into the mud of Candlestick Park field ..... Steve Young trots onto the field.... how many passes for how many yards did Young throw for in relief of Joe?</P>

GARY REASONS!!!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IthfQ9qFZ_8</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
01-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Leonard Marshal!!!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDSS9rw3x0</P>

SEC105
01-20-2012, 05:01 PM
HOSS!!!</P>

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/82518682.jpg?v=1&amp;c=IWSAsset&amp;k=2&amp;d=77BFBA49EF878921 5ABF3343C02EA548F8C29DB169D5737B0AE8206388791735B4 CCF12419CD3533E30A760B0D811297</P>

Z</P>

jomo
01-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Who are these Giants from the 60s.......one is tough***** name the Packer RB**** very little memory of him but he did start a Super Bowl for Green Bay</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Pk49mVrUKD0/SpSsm8ZCODI/AAAAAAAABoc/fdedwZvp7Ww/s400/ben%2Bwilson%2Bgiants.jpg</P>

Z</P>Is 71 Bob Lurtsema?

SEC105
01-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Who are these Giants from the 60s.......one is tough name the Packer RB very little memory of him but he did start a Super Bowl for Green Bay</P>

Z</P>

Is 71 Bob Lurtsema?</P>

Yes Jomo ...thats Lurtsema 74 is Jim Moran and the GB Packer back is Ben Wilson I believe</P>

Z</P>

jomo
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM

Z</P>

Is 71 Bob Lurtsema?</P>

Yes Jomo ...thats Lurtsema 74 is Jim Moran and the GB Packer back is Ben Wilson I believe</P>

Z</P>I, like you have little recollection of Ben Wilson.

zimonami
01-21-2012, 12:04 AM

Leonard Marshall is down on his hands and knees.......he gets up.....runs full steam into the back of Joe Montana and buries his facemask into the mud of Candlestick Park field .....

I can't remember him doing much after Joe was gone... say 2 passes for 20 yards.

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 10:37 AM

I can't remember him doing much after Joe was gone... say 2 passes for 20 yards.

so extremely close zim

1 pass for 25 yds

how you been my brother?

pumped up for this weekends old school mud and blood bowl ?

zimonami
01-21-2012, 12:57 PM

so extremely close zim

1 pass for 25 yds

how you been my brother?

Hey, YA. Doing well, but working much more than I'd like...lol.
Yeah, I'm pumped. You know I don't follow a lot of other threads, so I'm not posistive, but I'd guess we don't have any MB members complaining about our Gmen these days. Who can complain about a 9-7 team getting to the Championship game? I feel good about our chances, which will be just another step that no one could have expected,. I don't think we'll have to worry about them 'showing up", which we didn't do for a few games this season. Playoff football... Total Effort and focus, snap to whistle on every play. Officiating being equal, it will come down to forced fumbles and INT's. Please, Perry... not too much zone D. Prince is lost in a zone.
I'm thinking 27 - 20, BIG BLUE!!
Got to have a beer with you, YA. Next season. It still bothers me that I never thought of making plans for us to meet at the Buffalo game.

Actually, I didn't even remember Young playing in that game, but of course he did, so I figured the answer was a low number.
Rhetorical question... do you think Marshall would have been flagged on that hit with today's rules? Leading with the helmet?

YATittle1962
01-21-2012, 01:15 PM

so extremely close zim

1 pass for 25 yds

how you been my brother?

Hey, YA. Doing well, but working much more than I'd like...lol.
Yeah, I'm pumped. You know I don't follow a lot of other threads, so I'm not posistive, but I'd guess we don't have any MB members complaining about our Gmen these days. Who can complain about a 9-7 team getting to the Championship game? I feel good about our chances, which will be just another step that no one could have expected,. I don't think we'll have to worry about them 'showing up", which we didn't do for a few games this season. Playoff football... Total Effort and focus, snap to whistle on every play. Officiating being equal, it will come down to forced fumbles and INT's. Please, Perry... not too much zone D. Prince is lost in a zone.
I'm thinking 27 - 20, BIG BLUE!!
Got to have a beer with you, YA. Next season. It still bothers me that I never thought of making plans for us to meet at the Buffalo game.

Actually, I didn't even remember Young playing in that game, but of course he did, so I figured the answer was a low number.
Rhetorical question... do you think Marshall would have been flagged on that hit with today's rules? Leading with the helmet?

funny....my wife and I were watching Americas Game the other day on NFLN and when they showed that hit my wife said....thats a $75,000.00 hit in todays NFL

yeah zim we must get together to sip some suds

fourth&forever
01-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Leonard Marshal!!!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDSS9rw3x0</P>
awesome, thanks 105. Montana's mom comes on wanting him to quit. hahaha good stuff.

allentown PA
01-22-2012, 11:27 PM
that game was misery...but a great result...lost my voice.....great time to be a giant fan boys.

zimonami
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
that game was misery...but a great result...lost my voice.....great time to be a giant fan boys.
My heart is shaking... can't take another like that.
It wasn't pretty. We were better the 1st half than the second.
But, they hung tough and made us proud.
Who woulda thunk.
When you're hot, you're hot.

allentown PA
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Who woulda thunk.

one more effort like this zim and they are world champs again...im a homer and all but I didnt see this coming again..we are spoiled as giants fans imo.

zimonami
01-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Who woulda thunk.

one more effort like this zim and they are world champs again...im a homer and all but I didnt see this coming again..we are spoiled as giants fans imo.
This one surprised me, too. In '07 I knew we were good enough to get to the SB. Our D came together during a goal line stand against Washington in the 3rd game, when we were 0-2. It seemed like, suddenly they understood Sapg's D, and they were darned good the rest of the year. Of course with Toomer and Plax we had an offensive chance, too.
The DB's got their spit together late. Kudo's to them because they knew they were stinking it up. They got together and asked Fewell for more Man. Prince was lost in the zone. Fewell listened and the DB's started to meet 3 evenings a week after practice to look at film and discuss assignments. That, and the return of Boley and Blackburn seemed to do wonders to their performance, and they very quickly got their confidance. Bingo... suddenly a really solid overall D, when we had nothing but a good D line for the first 13-14 games.
Better late than never, and thank you Giants for a great, surprising ride.

YATittle1962
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Who woulda thunk.

I cannot recall a defense that tough since the 2000 Ravens

complete team win

we all knew that whoever took care of the ball would win the game

lets go finish

SEC105
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Congrats to ourGMEN Brothers/Sisters of DYK.....We Did It!!! had to pull out the lucky cape for the game last night lol [;)]</P>

http://www.nytstore.com/assets/images/extralarge/NSAP1552_EXTR.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
01-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Congrats to our*GMEN Brothers/Sisters of DYK.....We Did It!!!** had to pull out the lucky cape for the game last night* lol*** [;)]</P>

http://www.nytstore.com/assets/images/extralarge/NSAP1552_EXTR.jpg</P>

Z</P>
hahaha... I remember this pic.
It's all BONUS time for every Gman fan... and we love it. UPS guy just told me we were lucky. Yup! And, it's about time the fickle finger of fate smiled upon us.

zimonami
01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
In SB42... We all know Plax caught the last pass from Eli.
Who caught the first pass?
How many passes did Plax catch?

allentown PA
01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
plax caught the first pass and he caught 2 passes that day

zimonami
01-23-2012, 09:24 PM
good job, allentown.... Plax caught the first and the last and nothing in-between. who woulda thunk it?

allentown PA
01-24-2012, 03:38 PM
good job, allentown.... Plax caught the first and the last and nothing in-between. who woulda thunk it?

yup..one very big catch at the end though...steve smith had some big grabs in that game too along with toomer.

zimonami
01-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Not often do I need to bump DYK to the top. I thought we'd get some SB trivia here, but everyone's resting or participating elsewhere. I wanted to add my 2 cents on this SB.
I expect our O to do well. I expect the same defensive pressure we got in 42. If Eli does not throw an INT, and no lost fumbles, we will win by 10. Basically, if neither team has a turnover, we win by 10. If we have 1, or even 2 more turnover than them, it will be close. They can only win, for sure, if we have 3 more TO's than them.
I see 27-17, 30-20.
We're due for an excellent return on a punt or KO. Just the law of averages. I can't remember a big return all season.
Gronk will play, but be slowed enough that we won't have to worry about doubling him.
Welker will have a typically annoying 9-10 catch game, but limited in YAC, so no big plays there... just annoying continued 1st downs from the gnat.
But, in the red zone we toughen up.
Eli will be Eli and have a solid game. 20 for 31 for 306 yds, 1 TD, O Int's, 0 fumbles
Bradshaw (18 for 76, 2 Rcpt, 1 TD) and Jacobs (12 for 60, 1 rcpt, 1 TD) will run hard to complement Eli spreading the ball around.
Beckum (4 R) might have a big play, but I also fear him fumbling.
Cruz for 6; Nicks 3, TD; Mario 3; Hynoski 1
5 sacks for our D, maybe more... and 1 forced fumble, which we'll turn into 7. Rolle and Boley will each have a sack, and 1 each for JPP, Osi, and Tuck.
Kiwi might have an INT, on coverage on Gronk.
Tynes, 2/3... 37, 41, and miss a 46. 3/3 PAT
Hahahaha.... getting carried away.

What does your crystal ball tell you? Let's see who's most psychic.

keyofgmen
01-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Not often do I need to bump DYK to the top. I thought we'd get some SB trivia here, but everyone's resting or participating elsewhere. I wanted to add my 2 cents on this SB.
I expect our O to do well. I expect the same defensive pressure we got in 42. If Eli does not throw an INT, and no lost fumbles, we will win by 10. Basically, if neither team has a turnover, we win by 10. If we have 1, or even 2 more turnover than them, it will be close. They can only win, for sure, if we have 3 more TO's than them.
I see 27-17, 30-20.
We're due for an excellent return on a punt or KO. Just the law of averages. I can't remember a big return all season.
Gronk will play, but be slowed enough that we won't have to worry about doubling him.
Welker will have a typically annoying 9-10 catch game, but limited in YAC, so no big plays there... just annoying continued 1st downs from the gnat.
Eli will be Eli and have a solid game. 20 for 31 for 306 yds, 1 TD, O Int's, 0 fumbles
Bradshaw (18 for 76, 2 Rcpt, 1 TD) and Jacobs (12 for 60, 1 rcpt, 1 TD) will run hard to complement Eli spreading the ball around.
5 sacks for our D, maybe more... and 1 forced fumble, which we'll turn into 7. Rolle and Boley will each have a sack, and 1 each for JPP, Osi, and Tuck.

I'll put mine up later in the week. Are you or any DYK folks goin? I got 2 Tix thru lottery, but after much agonizing I am having 2 other brothers go. Even though I pay for the darn things $$$$!!, I have been to SB, so I'll give others in family a chance to experience a SB. They better bring them good Karma!!

zimonami
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I see 27-17, 30-20.

I'll put mine up later in the week. Are you or any DYK folks goin? I got 2 Tix thru lottery, but after much agonizing I am having 2 other brothers go. Even though I pay for the darn things $$$$!!, I have been to SB, so I'll give others in family a chance to experience a SB. They better bring them good Karma!!
I see where Club Members got priority... got a card we didn't get picked... tix go back to before Yankee Stadium, so we had our fair share in there. Only time we won was for XXVI. Understand they were $900 each. Since I've been to one, like you, I don't feel the need to go, My son has first dibs, followed by 3 other relatives, so we would have someone who wanted to go, for sure... But, $900 is a bundle. Hear 50 yd line going for $16,000+.
I think they were $75 or $90 each in January1991/XXVI. I have the stubs squirreled away, somewhere.

Yankee37
01-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I pure guess...Ron Washington in 72 or 73?

zimonami
01-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I pure guess...Ron Washington in 72 or 73?
You win a Kewpie Doll on your first post.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Who led the Giants in recieving yards in super bowl 21?

scoopscj
01-30-2012, 01:14 AM

Wow, hum. Might be McConkey or Bavaro but I'm going to go with Phil McConkey. That long flea flicker plus the TD pass might put him on top.

Scoops

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM

Wow, hum.** Might be McConkey or Bavaro but I'm going to go with Phil McConkey.* That long flea flicker plus the TD pass might put him on top.

Scoops

nope but good guess

zimonami
01-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Wow, hum.** Might be McConkey or Bavaro but I'm going to go with Phil McConkey.* That long flea flicker plus the TD pass might put him on top.

Scoops

nope but good guess
Stacy, Lionel, or Mark? Had to be one of them, if it wasn't McConk. I can't remember. I do remember that I was happy that Zeke caught his (1)... he played in Bavaro's shadow, but he was a true warrior that the fans appreciated.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:40 PM

Scoops

nope but good guess
Stacy, Lionel, or Mark? Had to be one of them, if it wasn't McConk. I can't remember. I do remember that I was happy that Zeke caught his (1)... he played in Bavaro's shadow, but he was a true warrior that the fans appreciated.

agreed about mowatt zim..and the answer is one of those 3..u need to make a guess though for credit..lol

zimonami
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM

Scoops

nope but good guess

agreed about mowatt zim..and the answer is one of those 3..u need to make a guess though for credit..lol

Ok, Grasshopper will choose little Stacy Robinson for credit, Master.
Can you imagine what gnat's Phil had to throw to? Stacy, Lionel, McConkey, and Bobby Johnson were all less than 6'.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 11:35 PM

Scoops

nope but good guess

Ok, Grasshopper will choose little Stacy Robinson for credit, Master.
Can you imagine what gnat's Phil had to throw to? Stacy, Lionel, McConkey, and Bobby Johnson were all less than 6'.

lol..rite..good job as always zim..and yes other than manuel and bavaro it was slim pickings..nothing like what we have these days imo.

allentown PA
01-31-2012, 12:06 AM
what year was the last time the giants gave up more than they scored and still made the playoffs?

bleeding blue
01-31-2012, 12:08 AM
what year was the last time the giants gave up more than they scored and still made the playoffs?

allentown PA
01-31-2012, 12:20 AM

yup..great job bleeding blue..on a side note in 84 they also scored less than they gave up and won a playoff game @ the rams.

SEC105
02-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Lets enjoy this week DYKers....... Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Halftime.....Super Bowl 42!!!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haCk5XFj1lw</P>

SEC105
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
aaaahhhh......gotta ask a question....what game and who are these 2 Giants?</P>

{hopefully pic will stay up}</P>

http://www.4334pattersonsports.com/resources/elvis5.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jomo
02-01-2012, 05:33 PM

Z</P>

Greg Lasker and Elvis "toast" Patterson??</P>

All in!!</P>

zimonami
02-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Lets enjoy this week DYKers....... Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers**** Halftime.....Super Bowl 42!!!</P>

I've been to 3 Petty Concerts, and I'm ready for the fourth.

keyofgmen
02-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Here's a strange one (just heard on NFL Network, so I can't claim to have known this).

Not Giants related, sorry..but thought interesting enough to post.

This guy played QB on same team as A Manning in his 2nd to last season. Oddly applicable to todays situation.

allentown PA
02-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Lets enjoy this week DYKers....... Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers**** Halftime.....Super Bowl 42!!!</P>

I've been to 3 Petty Concerts, and I'm ready for the fourth.

thats awesome..If there is one person I could see in concert it would be tom petty...I saw a great documentary on him and the heartbreakers on one of the direct tv channels..its called "Tom petty and the heartbreakers, runnin down a dream" It was amazing...he is the real deal.

zimonami
02-05-2012, 11:14 AM
RBCarpenter says Hello to everyone, and hopes we all enjoy the game. He hasn't been able to get on in quite some time, even with the help of YA.
ALL IN today.
I feel quite calm about the game, which is usually a good sign. This is all a tremendous bonus for us to even be here and I hope everyone appreciates the ride, even if we come up short. But, I don't think we will.
I expect them to attack us with a short passing game to nullify the rush, and to exploit our LB's and secondary in a way that we were vulnerable to most of the season, especially over the middle, 10-15 yards deep. But, we tightened that up, which is testament to our DB's putting extra time in, on their own (3 meetings a week at Philli's home), because they felt they were being embarrassed... and, they were. Plus Fewell agreed with them that we needed more man coverage (Prince was lost in zone coverage, as you'd expect for a Rook)
Also, if you noticed, our rush tightened up their attack to obscure the QB's vision over the middle... which was why Rogers had to scramble outside for several 1st downs. But, he completed few passes over the middle.
Go back a few pages to see my stats predictions... anyone else want to weigh in?
Let's hope we all enjoy this game.
GMEN!!!!!

ny06
02-05-2012, 11:30 AM
RBCarpenter says Hello to everyone, and hopes we all enjoy the game. He hasn't been able to get on in quite some time, even with the help of YA. ALL IN today. I feel quite calm about the game, which is usually a good sign. This is all a tremendous bonus for us to even be here and I hope everyone appreciates the ride, even if we come up short. But, I don't think we will. I expect them to attack us with a short passing game to nullify the rush, and to exploit our LB's and secondary in a way that we were vulnerable to most of the season, especially over the middle, 10-15 yards deep. But, we tightened that up, which is testament to our DB's putting extra time in, on their own (3 meetings a week at Philli's home), because they felt they were being embarrassed... and, they were. Plus Fewell agreed with them that we needed more man coverage (Prince was lost in zone coverage, as you'd expect for a Rook) Also, if you noticed, our rush tightened up their attack to obscure the QB's vision over the middle... which was why Rogers had to scramble outside for several 1st downs. But, he completed few passes over the middle. Go back a few pages to see my stats predictions... anyone else want to weigh in? Let's hope we all enjoy this game. GMEN!!!!!</P>

Hey Zim, </P>

I was wondering what happened to rbc. I feel the same way, calm and confident. I expect nothing short of a victory today for the Giants. </P>

I have no problem with the talking, which the media is making out as trash talk. This has been a special year, the stories, adversities, and at the end they get the chance to be Super Bowl Champions. </P>

I expect a great game out of Eli, all the talk the past 2 weeks has been about Brady, but I see Eli having the better game. </P>

Our receivers have been playing great, the Patriots will have to account for 3 legit wide receivers. I like our chances in that area, I could see the Patriots try to blitz Eli alot in this game. It's a gamble, but I feel Belichick can't just expect the Pats secondary to go straight up with our receivers. </P>

And what seems to be the main topic this 2 weeks is how healthy is Gronkowski? He is a great player, and can be a mismatch for many defenses. But... I don't see him 100% not even close. I saw the injury, and it's no way he did not tear some sort of ligament in his ankle. Will he be able to toughen it out all game? Cause you know the Giants will test that ankle out early and often. </P>

Now what kind of defense will Fewell design against the Patriots? Last meeting he ran a 3-4 defense at times, and I noticed he changed up the coverages all game. Game plan will be to attack Brady from all angles. Make him feel uncomfortable in the pocket. Take away his first read, make him have to go through his progressions. </P>

It should be a great game, let's hope the Giants come out victorious...</P>

keyofgmen
02-05-2012, 11:39 AM
RBCarpenter says Hello to everyone, and hopes we all enjoy the game. He hasn't been able to get on in quite some time, even with the help of YA.
ALL IN today.
I feel quite calm about the game, which is usually a good sign. This is all a tremendous bonus for us to even be here and I hope everyone appreciates the ride, even if we come up short. But, I don't think we will.
I expect them to attack us with a short passing game to nullify the rush, and to exploit our LB's and secondary in a way that we were vulnerable to most of the season, especially over the middle, 10-15 yards deep. But, we tightened that up, which is testament to our DB's putting extra time in, on their own (3 meetings a week at Philli's home), because they felt they were being embarrassed... and, they were. Plus Fewell agreed with them that we needed more man coverage (Prince was lost in zone coverage, as you'd expect for a Rook)
Also, if you noticed, our rush tightened up their attack to obscure the QB's vision over the middle... which was why Rogers had to scramble outside for several 1st downs. But, he completed few passes over the middle.
Go back a few pages to see my stats predictions... anyone else want to weigh in?
GMEN!!!!!

I just erased my prediction..I just can't do it..too superstitious!

YOU CAN DO IT GIANTS!!! WIN!! WIN!! WIN!!

Voldamort
02-05-2012, 11:55 AM
ron johnson 1970,he did again in 1972 also!!!

zimonami
02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
ron johnson 1970,he did again in 1972 also!!!
Ron Johnson is absolutely correct!!!
Good job

zimonami
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
RBCarpenter says Hello to everyone, and hopes we all enjoy the game. He hasn't been able to get on in quite some time, even with the help of YA. ALL IN today. I feel quite calm about the game, which is usually a good sign. This is all a tremendous bonus for us to even be here and I hope everyone appreciates the ride, even if we come up short. But, I don't think we will. I expect them to attack us with a short passing game to nullify the rush, and to exploit our LB's and secondary in a way that we were vulnerable to most of the season, especially over the middle, 10-15 yards deep. But, we tightened that up, which is testament to our DB's putting extra time in, on their own (3 meetings a week at Philli's home), because they felt they were being embarrassed... and, they were. Plus Fewell agreed with them that we needed more man coverage (Prince was lost in zone coverage, as you'd expect for a Rook) Also, if you noticed, our rush tightened up their attack to obscure the QB's vision over the middle... which was why Rogers had to scramble outside for several 1st downs. But, he completed few passes over the middle. Go back a few pages to see my stats predictions... anyone else want to weigh in? Let's hope we all enjoy this game. GMEN!!!!!</P>

Hey Zim, </P>

I was wondering what happened to rbc. I feel the same way, calm and confident. I expect nothing short of a victory today for the Giants. </P>

I have no problem with the talking, which the media is making out as trash talk. This has been a special year, the stories, adversities, and at the end they get the chance to be Super Bowl Champions. </P>

I expect a great game out of Eli, all the talk the past 2 weeks has been about Brady, but I see Eli having the better game. </P>

Our receivers have been playing great, the Patriots will have to account for 3 legit wide receivers. I like our chances in that area, I could see the Patriots try to blitz Eli alot in this game. It's a gamble, but I feel Belichick can't just expect the Pats secondary to go straight up with our receivers. </P>

And what seems to be the main topic this 2 weeks is how healthy is Gronkowski? He is a great player, and can be a mismatch for many defenses. But... I don't see him 100% not even close. I saw the injury, and it's no way he did not tear some sort of ligament in his ankle. Will he be able to toughen it out all game? Cause you know the Giants will test that ankle out early and often. </P>

Now what kind of defense will Fewell design against the Patriots? Last meeting he ran a 3-4 defense at times, and I noticed he changed up the coverages all game. Game plan will be to attack Brady from all angles. Make him feel uncomfortable in the pocket. Take away his first read, make him have to go through his progressions. </P>

It should be a great game, let's hope the Giants come out victorious...</P>
Good post, 06.
The more he has to go thru his progressions, the more sacks we will have. I think 4 or 5.
It's great to be watching our guys today. Who woulda thunk?

YATittle1962
02-05-2012, 02:47 PM
ALL IN today.
GMEN!!!!!

Zimmy get him in touch with me ....he hasnt contacted me

a while ago he was having this problem and we figured it out and got him back on

tell him to shoot me an email so we can figure this out

ALL IN !!!!!!

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
what a great time to be a giants fan....congrats to all the fans that poat on this thread who have been through the lean years...this team is great...Question who is better late in the game than #10? answer: nobody!!!!!!!!!!

zimonami
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I see 27-17, 30-20.

Xlose on some... far away on others... but, we win, and that is all that mnatters. The biggest Bonus season in the 53 years I've been watching the Gmen.
Very satisfying... I'm happy for the players and coaches

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I see 27-17, 30-20.

Xlose on some... far away on others... but, we win, and that is all that mnatters. The biggest Bonus season in the 53 years I've been watching the Gmen.

after that redskin loss I never saw this coming what a run this team gave us again...Eli is the best...bradshaw was big,manningham,nicks, and tuck but someone who gets overlooked was linval joesph...he was a beast in the 2nd half.

zimonami
02-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I see 27-17, 30-20.

after that redskin loss I never saw this coming what a run this team gave us again...Eli is the best...bradshaw was big,manningham,nicks, and tuck but someone who gets overlooked was linval joesph...he was a beast in the 2nd half.
good point about Joseph... he didn't get the big profile sack, but he made Brady move off the spot amd ;lose focus

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I see 27-17, 30-20.

good point about Joseph... he didn't get the big profile sack, but he made Brady move off the spot amd ;lose focus

we can finally end the Eli and TC talk....WORLD CHAMPS AGAIN...one of 5 teams with 4

allentown PA
02-06-2012, 12:34 AM
YA or whoever..were any of u guys at the game?

SEC105
02-06-2012, 11:11 AM
To ALL the Great People of DYK [Y] and SPECIAL THANKS to Y. A. best thread out there</P>

SEC105</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1017686.1328510267!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
YA or whoever..were any of u guys at the game?
Not me, allentown.
First the Club members get their tix. Then they have a weighted raffle. The Giants sent us a card saying we didn't win.
Aunt Jean's name was in 46 times because the tix go back to Yankee stadium. But, even if her name was picked we wouldn't have been able to pick the tickets up because she is dead with no close surviving relatives (son, daughter, brother, sister).
The tix were $900+ each

allentown PA
02-11-2012, 06:30 PM
the giants have won four superbowls in 3 of those four seasons they lost their opener...can you name all three, what year and to whom they lost to?

jomo
02-11-2012, 06:41 PM

Z</P>

All in!!</P>Don't leave me hanging brother SEC. [:D]

Voldamort
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Ron Johnson 1970 he did it again in 1972

Voldamort
02-11-2012, 06:51 PM
1.Dallas 1986
2.Dallas 2007
3.Redskins

Voldamort
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
DALLAS 86
DALLAS 07
REDSKINS 11

allentown PA
02-11-2012, 07:00 PM
DALLAS 86
DALLAS 07
REDSKINS 11

yup..good job voldamort!!!

allentown PA
02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
In the 1985 playoff game against SF, which was the giants first playoff game at the meadowlands, what kicker scored the first points with a 47 yard FG?

jomo
02-11-2012, 09:07 PM
In the 1985 playoff game against SF, which was the giants first playoff game at the meadowlands, what kicker scored the first points with a 47 yard FG?Ali Haji Shank?

allentown PA
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
In the 1985 playoff game against SF, which was the giants first playoff game at the meadowlands, what kicker scored the first points with a 47 yard FG?Ali Haji Shank?

nope but good guess

scoopscj
02-11-2012, 09:34 PM

Jess Attinkson or something like that? Didn't the Shiek get hurt during the year? Gah the memory is cloudy.

YATittle1962
02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
I was just in a thread about being a "die hard" fan telling a story about how I was at Giants Eagle game while my wife was giving birth to my daughter

and I thought about that game and who scored in it and said......this is one for the DYK thread

in that 1981 playoff game vs. the Eagles

......who was under center?
......who caught the 3 TDs he threw ?

SEC105
02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
I was just in a thread about being a "die hard" fan telling a story about how I was at Giants Eagle game while my wife was giving birth to my daughter and I thought about that game and who scored in it and said......this is one for the DYK thread in that 1981 playoff game vs. the Eagles ......who was under center? ......who caught the 3 TDs he threw ?</P>

Scott Brunner was under center Y.A......and Leon Bright scored in that game</P>

Funny story.....one of the guys who still goes to the games with us for decades claims till this day...Brunner was better than Simms.....we bring up Phil just to get a rise out of him...he shoots back</P>

"Simms was bum" lol</P>

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51xzooKPeTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Z</P>

All in!!</P>

Don't leave me hanging brother SEC. [:D]</P>

My fault Jomo......I'm still "decompressing" from our SB 46 victory lol</P>

Both players are right on [Y]</P>

easy question which game was this?</P>

Z</P>

jomo
02-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Z</P>

All in!!</P>

Z</P>Super Bowl XXI?

zimonami
02-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I was just in a thread about being a "die hard" fan telling a story about how I was at Giants Eagle game while my wife was giving birth to my daughter and I thought about that game and who scored in it and said......this is one for the DYK thread in that 1981 playoff game vs. the Eagles ......who was under center? ......who caught the 3 TDs he threw ?</P>

Funny story.....one of the guys who still goes to the games with us for decades claims till this day...Brunner was better than Simms.....we bring up Phil just to get a rise out of him...he shoots back</P>

"Simms was bum"** lol</P>

Z</P>
Leon... What an adventure he was, waiting for him to catch that one punt that he would get crippled on. Pretty sure he was Leon "Not So" Bright because of it.
Pretty sure Mullady caught a TD that game from Brunner. Wasn't that the year Phil broke his thumb on a helmet?

Question:
Who was the Giant's leading receiver in that game?

zimonami
02-13-2012, 07:58 PM

"Simms was bum"** lol</P>

Z</P>
I sat in front of a man who was the exact same way... always hated Simms.
When I saw him at the 1st preseason game in '87 (what a bad year... replacement players) I made some facetious comment about how bad Phil sucked... he just smiled. He never admitted Phil was a good QB... never acknowledged how great he was in XXI.

SEC105
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM

Z</P>

All in!!</P>

Z</P>

Super Bowl XXI?</P>

That's it Jomo....nice job on the game and the players</P>

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2011/01/28/10/SuperBowlXXI.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-14-2012, 04:26 PM

"Simms was bum" lol</P>

Z</P>

I sat in front of a man who was the exact same way... always hated Simms. When I saw him at the 1st preseason game in '87 (what a bad year... replacement players) I made some facetious comment about how bad Phil sucked... he just smiled. He never admitted Phil was a good QB... never acknowledged how great he was in XXI.</P>

Yeah....just the way it is.........every QB has his detractors and Phil had quite a few as we know. Imagine if there was amessage boards back in the 80s!!!</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-14-2012, 04:28 PM
What is the Giants [entire history] record in overtime POST season games? and what were those games?</P>

Z</P>

allentown PA
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM

Jess Attinkson or something like that? Didn't the Shiek get hurt during the year? Gah the memory is cloudy.

nope but good guess..suprised nobody got this one the answer is Eric Schubert

allentown PA
02-14-2012, 06:41 PM
What is the Giants [entire history] record in overtime POST season games?* and what were those games?</P>

Z</P>

i got 3 off the top of my head...the 07 nfc champ vs gb..this year against SF...and the famous colts game at yankee stadium?...so 2-1 they would be

zimonami
02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
What is the Giants [entire history] record in overtime POST season games?* and what were those games?</P>

Z</P>

i got 3 off the top of my head...the 07 nfc champ vs gb..this year against SF...and the famous colts game at yankee stadium?...so 2-1 they would be
Plus the loss to the Rams and Flipper Anderson

YATittle1962
02-14-2012, 10:14 PM

Z</P>

Plus the loss to the Rams and Flipper Anderson

ah good call zim

thats all of them no?

YATittle1962
02-18-2012, 12:02 AM
we all remember the catch by Tyree in the Superbowl where he clenched the ball to his helmet

who has that ball?

zimonami
02-18-2012, 01:50 AM
we all remember the catch by Tyree in the Superbowl where he clenched the ball to his helmet

who has that ball?
wow... good question, YA... I never thought of that? I'm anxious to hear the answer.

jomo
02-19-2012, 08:47 AM
we all remember the catch by Tyree in the Superbowl where he clenched the ball to his helmet who has that ball? wow... good question, YA... I never thought of that? I'm anxious to hear the answer.It belongs in Canton if it isn't already there.

zimonami
02-19-2012, 10:54 AM
we all remember the catch by Tyree in the Superbowl where he clenched the ball to his helmet who has that ball? wow... good question, YA... I never thought of that? I'm anxious to hear the answer.It belongs in Canton if it isn't already there.
Absolutely, jomo... next to a monitor that endlessly shows the play from start to finish... the most incredible play in Superbowl history.

scoopscj
02-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Who owns the ball from the last pass by Brett Farve as a Packer?

:)

zimonami
02-19-2012, 11:39 AM

I never thought of that question either, scoops. Who is keeping track of all these balls? Probably a lot of peeps as they'll be worth something some day.

scoopscj
02-19-2012, 01:21 PM

I never thought of that question either, scoops. Who is keeping track of all these balls? Probably a lot of peeps as they'll be worth something some day.

It was intercepted by Corey Webster of course you know, but he ran over to somebody on the sideline and gave it away right then and there. If you think long and hard about our 2007 season, you can probably guess who it is.

ny06
02-19-2012, 01:49 PM

It was intercepted by Corey Webster of course you know, but he ran over to somebody on the sideline and gave it away right then and there. If you think long and hard about our 2007 season, you can probably guess who it is.

</P>

I assume Lt. Col. Greg Gadson got the football?</P>

YATittle1962
02-19-2012, 02:38 PM

who has that ball?
wow... good question, YA... I never thought of that? I'm anxious to hear the answer.

Burress has that ball

it was the same ball he caught in the endzone since they were in hurry up and did not break and change balls

on some local tv stations Superbowl coverage they had Burress and Tyree on and David was telling Burress he wants his ball .........all in a joking manner......but Im sure he would love to have that ball

zimonami
02-19-2012, 05:03 PM

who has that ball?

Burress has that ball

it was the same ball he caught in the endzone since they were in hurry up and did not break and change balls

on some local tv stations Superbowl coverage they had Burress and Tyree on and David was telling Burress he wants his ball .........all in a joking manner......but Im sure he would love to have that ball
I think any Giant fan would give his right arm for it.

scoopscj
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM

who has that ball?

Burress has that ball

He gave it to Gadson. You can find the story HERE (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12072-sacrifice-brett-favres-last-ball-given-to-army-amputee)

SEC105
02-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Steve Weatherford was an unsung hero in the SB this year......was the highest draft pick the Giants ever used on a [pure] punter?</P>

Stevie enjoyed himself at the parade [:D]</P>

Scoops.....nice sig lol</P>

http://thepigskindoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/weatherford-giants2.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
02-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Steve Weatherford was an unsung hero in the SB this year......was the highest draft pick the Giants ever used on a [pure] punter?</P>

Scoops.....nice sig* lol</P>

http://thepigskindoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/weatherford-giants2.jpg</P>

Z</P>

I'll say Jennings

jints10
02-21-2012, 05:24 PM

Z</P>
I remember we drafted Brad Maynard pretty high

SEC105
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM

Z</P>

I'll say Jennings</P>

Good guess Z but not Dave although if you look back on his career one woud think he was</P>

http://www.stlawu.edu/athletics/sites/stlawu.edu.athletics/files/imagecache/sports_panel_featured_story/story_images/djenngiants.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
02-24-2012, 12:24 PM
ok here we go family...almost 3 years to the day from when this thread was first started

it has made these past few off seasons quite a pleasure for me ...I hope it has done the same for you

1976 NFL draft....round one.....

the NY Football Giants ....about to open their very own brand new stadium in NJ chose who with the 13th pick of the draft ?

I for one was extremely excited about this kid and thought he was going to do what LT eventually did for this team

jints10
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Troy Archer was the first round pick in 1976. Sad sad story.

Love this thread.....don't get to post a lot but always read it.

jomo
02-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Troy Archer was the first round pick in 1976. Sad sad story. Love this thread.....don't get to post a lot but always read it.......a tremendous talent who's life was cut short.

keyofgmen
02-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Troy Archer was the first round pick in 1976. Sad sad story. Love this thread.....don't get to post a lot but always read it.......a tremendous talent who's life was cut short.

A CU Buff I believe

jomo
02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Troy Archer was the first round pick in 1976. Sad sad story. Love this thread.....don't get to post a lot but always read it.......a tremendous talent who's life was cut short. A CU Buff I believeThat sounds right.

Voldamort
02-24-2012, 07:35 PM
RJ 1970 HE DID IT AGAIN IN 72

Voldamort
02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
ok here we go family...almost 3 years to the day from when this thread was first started

it has made these past few off seasons quite a pleasure for me ...I hope it has done the same for you

the NY Football Giants ....about to open their very own brand new stadium in NJ chose who with the 13th pick of the draft ?

I for one was extremely excited about this kid and thought he was going to do what LT eventually did for this teamThe Crazy thing is if Troy Lives we don't get a chance at LT

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
who are the only two wide recievers in giant history to have 2 super bowl rings?

YATittle1962
02-24-2012, 10:05 PM
who are the only two wide recievers in giant history to have 2 super bowl rings?

Stacy Robinson
Lionel Manuel

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Stacy Robinson
Lionel Manuel

rite on robinson good work YA but manuel did not get one in 90 he was cut mid season by parcells to make a point.

NYGRealityCheck
02-24-2012, 10:11 PM

Stacy Robinson
Lionel Manuel

rite on robinson good work YA but manuel did not get one in 90 he was cut mid season by parcells to make a point.

I hope this is not a trick answer but D. Hixon? Mainly just a KR guy in superbowl 42. Out with ACL injury for superbowl 46. But obviously played WR for the Giants in between.

GmenFan1980
02-24-2012, 10:12 PM

Stacy Robinson
Lionel Manuel

Dominik Hixon?

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 10:14 PM

Stacy Robinson
Lionel Manuel

Dominik Hixon?

good work it is hixon

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 10:15 PM

Stacy Robinson
Lionel Manuel

I hope this is not a trick answer but D. Hixon? Mainly just a KR guy in superbowl 42. Out with ACL injury for superbowl 46. But obviously played WR for the Giants in between.

hixon it is..not meant to be a trick question imo...hixon is a WR..he has helpled more on specials but is a very nice reciever as well imo.

NYGRealityCheck
02-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Here's a trick question, should be easy, name the only person to be directly involved in all the New York Giants SuperBowl victory games.

YATittle1962
02-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Stacy Robinson
Lionel Manuel

wow

completely forgot about that

nice twist

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Here's a trick question, should be easy, name the only person to be directly involved with all the New York Giants SuperBowl victory games.

me? I do follow all my pre game rituals..who knows where they would be with out that

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
im gonna go with the Mara?

YATittle1962
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Here's a trick question, should be easy, name the only person to be directly involved in all the New York Giants SuperBowl victory games.

Carl Banks?

John Mara?

NYGRealityCheck
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM

directly invovled IN all the Giants Superbowl victory games. I made the adjustment to make my question more clear. :) and remeber, it's a trick question. :) hehe i stumped YA.

YATittle1962
02-24-2012, 10:38 PM

directly invovled IN all the Giants Superbowl victory games. I made the adjustment to make my question more clear. :)

Pope?

and there are a few doctors and security guys as well

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 10:39 PM

directly invovled IN all the Giants Superbowl victory games. I made the adjustment to make my question more clear. :)

Pope?

banks is rite..isnt it?

NYGRealityCheck
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM

Pope?

banks is rite..isnt it?

Banks retired way before the 2007 and 2011 Superbowls. Not the answer. :)

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Pope?

banks is rite..isnt it?

Banks retired way before the 2007 and 2011 Superbowls. Not the answer. :)

lol i know i thought maybe as an announcer

NYGRealityCheck
02-24-2012, 10:53 PM

Pope?

Mike Pope is a possible answer, but not so much in the sense of being directly involved with the acutal Superbowl games. (standing around on the field doesn't count). Very good choice btw.

GmenFan1980
02-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Bill Belichick?

was our DC in 86-90

and we faced him as NE head coach in 07-11

NYGRealityCheck
02-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Bill Belichick?

was our DC in 86-90

YOU GOT IT! Congrats

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Bill Belichick?

was our DC in 86-90

YOU GOT IT! Congrats

makes sence..good question

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Bill Belichick?

was our DC in 86-90

YOU GOT IT! Congrats

makes sence..good question

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 11:19 PM
last one this is pretty easy but who are the 4 cornerbacks that have two super bowl rings with the giants?

YATittle1962
02-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Bill Belichick?

was our DC in 86-90

YOU GOT IT! Congrats

how is Belichick directly involved and Pope not?

Pope coached in all 4 games

NYGRealityCheck
02-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Bill Belichick?

was our DC in 86-90

YOU GOT IT! Congrats

You might be correct.
I just question how much involved a TE coach is with the actual game cause that postions' coach like most others are rarely shown on TV being involved with the gameplan and acutal play calling. Most of the time, they're just shown coaching the players with their stance, moves, formation, etc... like the O-Line coach trying to correct Beatty's technique to prevent holding calls in the previous season.

Screw it, I'll just say YOU ARE CORRECT :) with that answer as well.

You also did shine some light on someone of the lesser known coaching staff members that go unnoticed every season. You're probably the first person to mention Mike Pope in this thread alone.

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 11:42 PM

we also got harry carson in the 4th round of that draft....thats one hell of a 4th round pick

I for one was extremely excited about this kid and thought he was going to do what LT eventually did for this team

allentown PA
02-24-2012, 11:43 PM

we also got harry carson in the 4th round of that draft...thats one hell of a 4th round pick

jomo
02-25-2012, 08:41 AM
The Giants haven't had a stud player out of Grambling in quite some time. One of my favorite Giants was John Mendenhall who played for us from 1972-1980.</P>

Who was the player from Grambling, drafted by the Giants who made the Hall of Fame based on a career with the Kansas City chiefs? </P>

keyofgmen
02-25-2012, 11:11 AM
The Giants haven't had a stud player out of Grambling in quite some time. One of my favorite Giants was John Mendenhall who played for us from 1972-1980.</P>

Who was the player from Grambling, drafted by the Giants who made the Hall of Fame based on a career with the Kansas City chiefs? </P>

That would be Junious "Buck" Buchanan! What a beast he was! Of course, he never played for Giants, as he was also drafted by Chiefs as the #1 pick in AFL draft that year!

jomo
02-25-2012, 11:26 AM

That would be Junious "Buck" Buchanan! What a beast he was! Of course, he never played for Giants, as he was also drafted by Chiefs as the #1 pick in AFL draft that year!Good job KOG!</P>

Wouldn't that have been a treat to have him as part of our defensive tradition?!</P>

Speaking of BEASTS who never made it to the Giants but were tantalizingly close............ </P>

What Hall of Fame defensivetackle was taken with the Giants' first rounddraft pickwhich we hadtraded away for a veteran quarterback? (If I give you the team here it would be too easy)</P>

YATittle1962
02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Bill Belichick?

was our DC in 86-90

YOU GOT IT! Congrats

You might be correct.
I just question how much involved a TE coach is with the actual game cause that postions' coach like most others are rarely shown on TV being involved with the gameplan and acutal play calling. Most of the time, they're just shown coaching the players with their stance, moves, formation, etc... like the O-Line coach trying to correct Beatty's technique to prevent holding calls in the previous season.

Screw it, I'll just say YOU ARE CORRECT :) with that answer as well.

You also did shine some light on someone of the lesser known coaching staff members that go unnoticed every season. You're probably the first person to mention Mike Pope in this thread alone.

position coaches are constantly coaching during the game.....just as much as any coordinator

anytime the defense is on the field you will see Pope with the TEs and some of the O linemen who report as eligible coaching them up just about the whole time

zimonami
02-25-2012, 05:01 PM

That would be Junious "Buck" Buchanan! What a beast he was! Of course, he never played for Giants, as he was also drafted by Chiefs as the #1 pick in AFL draft that year!Good job KOG!</P>

Wouldn't that have been a treat to have him as part of our defensive tradition?!</P>

Speaking of BEASTS who never made it to the Giants but were tantalizingly close............ </P>

What Hall of Fame defensive*tackle was taken with the Giants' first round*draft pick*which we had*traded away for a veteran quarterback? (If I give you the team here it would be too easy)</P>
I'm going to say the Cowboys drafted Randy White with our 1975 pick which we gave up in 1974 for Craig Morton.
We needed that pick a whole lot more than we needed Morton.

jomo
02-25-2012, 06:40 PM

What Hall of Fame defensivetackle was taken with the Giants' first rounddraft pickwhich we hadtraded away for a veteran quarterback? (If I give you the team here it would be too easy)</P>

I'm going to say the Cowboys drafted Randy White with our 1975 pick which we gave up in 1974 for Craig Morton. We needed that pick a whole lot more than we needed Morton.That's right Zim and OUCH it still hurts all these years later.</P>

Wasn't Randy White nicknamed "the manster"? If not he should have been.</P>

jints10
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM

Z</P>
man i want to know the answer to this one. since i answered this i looked it up and Maynard was drafted in the third round. if its not him I have no clue

zimonami
02-25-2012, 08:23 PM

Z</P>
man i want to know the answer to this one. since i answered this i looked it up and Maynard was drafted in the third round. if its not him I have no clue
I'd guess this is correct, jints... 3rd round is pretty high for the Giants to select a punter.
I still remember well the Raiders picking Ray Guy with a 1st. Can anyone else remember high picks for a punter?

zimonami
02-25-2012, 08:31 PM

What Hall of Fame defensive*tackle was taken with the Giants' first round*draft pick*which we had*traded away for a veteran quarterback? (If I give you the team here it would be too easy)</P>
I'm going to say the Cowboys drafted Randy White with our 1975 pick which we gave up in 1974 for Craig Morton.
We needed that pick a whole lot more than we needed Morton.
I was always ticked that we lost that pick. White wasn't the biggest, but he had a 110% motor and was relentless. Can't remember if he was "The Monster", but he was. I rationalized that we already had our 110% motor... Mendenhall. But Mendy never got the recognition he deserved on those abysmal Giant teams

Voldamort
02-25-2012, 08:43 PM
<FONT size=4>I believe it was Ron Johnson in'72, and I*think He owns a couple of KFC's.</FONT> nice but it was Ron Johnson 1970 he did it again in 1972

arrjay
02-26-2012, 02:30 AM
He was the Manster. Part Man .... Part Monster.

zimonami
02-26-2012, 11:00 AM
He was the Manster.* Part Man .... Part Monster.

That sounds right...
This will sound stupid, but Thurman Munson reminded me of Randy... I think their looks and build were similar.

allentown PA
02-26-2012, 11:05 AM
<FONT size=4>I believe it was Ron Johnson in'72, and I*think He owns a couple of KFC's.</FONT> nice but it was Ron Johnson 1970 he did it again in 1972

are you guys quoting the first post of this thread??? lol

zimonami
02-26-2012, 05:45 PM

FINALLY... now it's apparent... TY, allentown, now I realize what's going on.with the Ron Johnson answers.

YATittle1962
02-26-2012, 09:10 PM

FINALLY... now it's apparent... TY, allentown, now I realize what's going on.with the Ron Johnson answers.

nice

an answer 3 years later

love it

allentown PA
02-26-2012, 10:14 PM

haha..yea it was a pretty good question to start this thread.... a lot of lean years back then but I think the 70 team and the 72 team were pretty good those two seasons must have seemed like a blessing considering how bad they were year in and year out back then...whenever I want to start *****ing about the Dave Brown years I think of what giants fans had to deal with for like 15 years...we are all spoiled these days imo.

SEC105
02-29-2012, 04:05 PM

Z</P>

I remember we drafted Brad Maynard pretty high man i want to know the answer to this one. since i answered this i looked it up and Maynard was drafted in the third round. if its not him I have no clue</P>

It was Brad.....have not had much GMB time lately drafted in the 3rd by us..........also known for his Chicago Bear days</P>

http://goldmedalimpressions.com/images/P/F456031.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-29-2012, 04:09 PM
<FONT size=4>I believe it was Ron Johnson in'72, and Ithink He owns a couple of KFC's.</FONT> nice but it was Ron Johnson 1970 he did it again in 1972 are you guys quoting the first post of this thread??? lol FINALLY... now it's apparent... TY, allentown, now I realize what's going on.with the Ron Johnson answers. nice an answer 3 years later love it</P>

I'll take this one [;)] it was Ron Johnson!!! lol jk</P>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dnKdCf8kNGc/Twhd7OFYCVI/AAAAAAAAINQ/Dtc7K6Su-Pw/s1600/giants35.33.Nov.1970.04.johnson.jpg</P>

Seriously though.....who is NY Giant no. 85 in this pic?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
That was sad news about Davy Jones from "The Monkees" passing away so suddenly...I'm sure many of you guys have memories from those songs me and 3 friends in grade school preformed in a talent show [first gig ever] lol.....Played "Last Train to Clarksville" and "Im A Believer" can still sing all the lyrics</P>

http://boomertechtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Davy-Jones-with-Monkeemobile.jpg</P>

Z</P>

jomo
02-29-2012, 07:01 PM
That was sad news about Davy Jones from "The Monkees" passing away so suddenly...I'm sure many of you guys have memories from those songs me and 3 friends in grade school preformed in a talent show [first gig ever] lol.....Played "Last Train to Clarksville" and "Im A Believer" can still sing all the lyrics</P>

http://boomertechtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Davy-Jones-with-Monkeemobile.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Those were different times, music was great and the Gmen were not. [:D]</P>

Kidding aside I don't know anyone who didn't like Davy Jones.</P>

scoopscj
02-29-2012, 11:13 PM
New recent question time.....

Without going back to look... who dunks Coach Coughlin with water via the "bucket" after the pass goes incomplete and the Giants win the SB?

HEHEH. I had to go back and see, it wasn't shown for very long...

Scoops

YATittle1962
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
New recent question time.....

Without going back to look... who dunks Coach Coughlin with water via the "bucket" after the pass goes incomplete and the Giants win the SB?

HEHEH.* I had to go back and see, it wasn't shown for very long...

Scoops

off the top of my head....because my wife and I kept rewinding to see who it was after the game

but havent seen it since that magical night a few weeks ago

I think it was Deossie and Snee?

scoopscj
03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Well done! It was Steve D.

And... now... who picked up the ball on the final hail Mary?

Scoops

YATittle1962
03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Well done! It was Steve D.

* And... now... who picked up the ball on the final hail Mary?

Scoops

Grant?

and Im pretty sure Snee had his hands on the bucket as well

scoopscj
03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Grant wasn't the first one to go get the ball.... it was one of the other DB's though.... Keep on guessing!

Scoops

jomo
03-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Grant wasn't the first one to go get the ball.... it was one of the other DB's though.... Keep on guessing!

Scoops

KP?

scoopscj
03-01-2012, 08:06 AM

Scoops

KP?

Nope!

zimonami
03-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Grant wasn't the first one to go get the ball.... it was one of the other DB's though....* Keep on guessing!

Scoops

KP?

Nope!

Process of elimination... getting down to:
Webster

scoopscj
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Scoops

KP?

Nope!

Process of elimination... getting down to:
Webster[B][:D]

SEC105
03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Any idea who this is. He was 1st round draft pick by the Giants but never played a regular season game for us. He did have an NFL career with other teams</P>

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rwAbSRH2VnQ/TwmhoO5GRFI/AAAAAAAAIOo/fPsFlLsanXo/s1600/50317291.jpg</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
03-01-2012, 05:13 PM

Z</P>

Those were different times, music was great and the Gmen were not. [:D]</P>

Kidding aside I don't know anyone who didn't like Davy Jones.</P>

</P>

Right Jomo.....he just had one of those personalties that everyone had to like</P>

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m064iqexPR1qzci65o1_500.jpg</P>

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 09:27 PM
name the 4 cornerbacks in giant history with 2 superbowl rings.

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Any idea who this is.* He was 1st round draft pick by the Giants but never played a regular season game for us. He did have an NFL career with other teams</P>

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rwAbSRH2VnQ/TwmhoO5GRFI/AAAAAAAAIOo/fPsFlLsanXo/s1600/50317291.jpg</P>

Z</P>

is that hank stram?

YATittle1962
03-02-2012, 10:59 PM

Ross, Webster, Collins, WIlliams?

my brain is steaming from thinking about this one

not even sure if Im right either

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 11:00 PM

Ross, Webster, Collins, WIlliams?

my brain is steaming from thinking about this one

not even sure if Im right either

nice work..yup

jmike
03-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Well done on the CBs, but can you name all the WRs to earn 2 SB rings with the Giants?

YATittle1962
03-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Well done on the CBs, but can you name all the WRs to earn 2 SB rings with the Giants?

Hixon, Robinson

where you been jmike?

jmike
03-04-2012, 12:53 AM

Hixon, Robinson

where you been jmike?That was fast. Been at work, just got home.

zimonami
03-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Hixon, Robinson

where you been jmike?That was fast.* Been at work, just got home.

Hellllooooo, jmike. Great to see you. I trust you loved every minute of our SB run... you were able to flash a big grin at all those Eagle fans who crowd your world. Hugs for ya' :)

YATittle1962
03-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I know this is easy but in honor of Big Red

describe the huge play he made in the 1958 championship game

zimonami
03-04-2012, 01:47 PM

From our own 13, Connerly hits Rote across the middle for big yardage. Rote broke one tackle but was hit from behind in Colt territory and fumbled. Webster was following the play and scooped the fumble up and brought it to the Colt 1 yard line before getting tackled. Triplett then scored for us.
That kind of hustle was typical for Big Red, and it's the kind of hustle you need to be a winner.
Big Rwed also scored 2 TDs for us against the Bears in our '56 Championship.
One of my happier days was when Alex replaced Allie as head coach in '69. He was 9-5 that first year, but had very little talent in succeeding years. I felt bad that he felt like he failed us as a coach. He had a losing record, but Alex was a winner in every way.

YATittle1962
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM

From our own 13, Connerly hits Rote across the middle for big yardage. Rote broke one tackle but was hit from behind in Colt territory and fumbled. Webster was following the play and scooped the fumble up and brought it to the Colt 1 yard line before getting tackled. Triplett then scored for us.
That kind of hustle was typical for Big Red, and it's the kind of hustle you need to be a winner.
Big Rwed also scored 2 TDs for us against the Bears in our '56 Championship.
One of my happier days was when Alex replaced Allie as head coach in '69. He was 9-5 that first year, but had very little talent in succeeding years. I felt bad that he felt like he failed us as a coach. He had a losing record, but Alex was a winner in every way.

he was definitely a hustle player

not the fastest or strongest guy....just a really good football player with instincts for the game

he could throw a block then slip out in the flat for a screen with the absolute best of 'em

then take the ball up the gut put his head down and hit the hole

allentown PA
03-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Since 2000 what position have the giants drafted the most times in the 1st round?

jomo
03-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Since 2000 what position have the giants drafted the most times in the 1st round?How specific do you need us to be allentown? For example is offensive lineman OK or would you need it broken down to tackle, center etc?