PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53

zimonami
05-06-2012, 12:06 PM
During Eli's SNL appearance their was an old reporter with the name of an ex Giant who played on the 86 Super Bowl team. What is the name of the ex Giant they used for the name of the reporter? I Wonder if they knew the name they used was an ex Giants name?
I don't know if I picked that up. I haven't watched SNL in 20 years and the writing has gotten even more lame.

NYGRealityCheck
05-06-2012, 12:51 PM
During Eli's SNL appearance their was an old reporter with the name of an ex Giant who played on the 86 Super Bowl team. What is the name of the ex Giant they used for the name of the reporter? I Wonder if they knew the name they used was an ex Giants name?
I don't know if I picked that up. I haven't watched SNL in 20 years and the writing has gotten even more lame.

That would be the Occupy Wall Street skit and the reporter that kept hitting Eli with the microphone is named Herb Welch. I also agree with the "lame" comment.

jints10
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM

That would be the Occupy Wall Street skit and the reporter that kept hitting Eli with the microphone is named Herb Welch. I also agree with the "lame" comment.
Herb Welsh is correct, was surprised they used his name, could they have used a more obscure ex Giants name? It kinda took me off guard while watching.

Extra credit : What number did Herb wear and what position did he play?

Agree SNL is quite lame, the little bro skit was ok the rest meh

jomo
05-06-2012, 05:30 PM
During Eli's SNL appearance their was an old reporter with the name of an ex Giant who played on the 86 Super Bowl team. What is the name of the ex Giant they used for the name of the reporter? I Wonder if they knew the name they used was an ex Giants name? I don't know if I picked that up. I haven't watched SNL in 20 years and the writing has gotten even more lame. That would be the Occupy Wall Street skit and the reporter that kept hitting Eli with the microphone is named Herb Welch. I also agree with the "lame" comment.
Herb Welsh is correct, was surprised they used his name, could they have used a more obscure ex Giants name? It kinda took me off guard while watching.

He wore 27 and was a reserve safety I believe.

jints10
05-06-2012, 05:32 PM
During Eli's SNL appearance their was an old reporter with the name of an ex Giant who played on the 86 Super Bowl team. What is the name of the ex Giant they used for the name of the reporter? I Wonder if they knew the name they used was an ex Giants name? I don't know if I picked that up. I haven't watched SNL in 20 years and the writing has gotten even more lame. That would be the Occupy Wall Street skit and the reporter that kept hitting Eli with the microphone is named Herb Welch. I also agree with the "lame" comment.

Yep that's right on both accounts Jomo

jomo
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM

He was a better reporter! [:D]

jints10
05-06-2012, 11:42 PM

Good time to ask this...do any of you guys hear a name in everyday life that is an ex Giant and immediately think his number and poss. as well as the year he played?

Just like hearing Herb Welch, my friend introduced me to a guy named George Adams....click ...click...click.....33....Position and years friends?

jomo
05-07-2012, 12:26 AM

Good time to ask this...do any of you guys hear a name in everyday life that is an ex Giant and immediately think his number and poss. as well as the year he played?

Just like hearing Herb Welch, my friend introduced me to a guy named George Adams....click ...click...click.....33....Position and years friends?
That is a great point because George Welch just clicked for me but when you said George Adams, I said "33".</P>

zimonami
05-07-2012, 12:29 AM

That is a great point because George Welch just clicked for me but when you said George Adams, I said "33".</P>
YES... names and numbers... always associations to my Giants

THE_New_York_Giants
05-07-2012, 12:30 AM

running back. I believe we drafted him in 1985 and he was on the team for at least 3 years afterwards.

jints10
05-07-2012, 01:28 AM

That is a great point because George Welch just clicked for me but when you said George Adams, I said "33".</p>
running back. I believe we drafted him in 1985 and he was on the team for at least 3 years afterwards.
yea that's about it...but am I disturbed by equating everything to the Giants?

jomo
05-28-2012, 12:33 PM
This is the perfect day to remember those Giants who gave their lives in defense of this country. Jack Lummus and Al Blozis both died in WWII. If I've missed any, please add them here. RIP

YATittle1962
05-28-2012, 12:49 PM
This is the perfect day to remember those Giants who gave their lives in defense of this country. Jack Lummus and Al Blozis both died in WWII. If I've missed any, please add them here. RIP

pretty sure they are the only Giants.

....but I'll throw Pat Tillman out there as another pro football player killed in the line of duty

we remember gentlemen

zimonami
05-28-2012, 06:29 PM

pretty sure they are the only Giants.

....but I'll throw Pat Tillman out there as another pro football player killed in the line of duty

we remember gentlemen
Way to step up on Memorial Day jomo and YA.
On Memorial Day it's perfect to remember our ex-Giants, Al and Jack, who gave everything..
Tillman is a worthy man to remember, too. How many would have dropped a lucrative NFL career to voluntarily serve his country?

YATittle1962
05-28-2012, 09:18 PM
this ole girl keeps rolling along huh zim?

I see this thread pop up from time to time and it makes me smile

jomo
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
this ole girl keeps rolling along huh zim? I see this thread pop up from time to time and it makes me smile................and well it should YA. [:D]

zimonami
05-28-2012, 09:36 PM
this ole girl keeps rolling along huh zim? I see this thread pop up from time to time and it makes me smile................and well it should YA. [:D]
I've been busy, YA. DYK won't die as long as I'm around. Fortunately we have jomo and some others who also like it and keep making it pop up. Up to page 800.
Yep, the old girl still has life, and always will... 'twas a great creation.

allentown PA
06-01-2012, 06:34 PM
non giants question...Who is the NFL's all time sack leader among D-backs?

jomo
06-02-2012, 11:28 AM
non giants question...Who is the NFL's all time sack leader among D-backs?Was it Rod Woodson?

ny06
06-02-2012, 12:18 PM
non giants question...Who is the NFL's all time sack leader among D-backs?</P>

Rodney Harrison?</P>

zimonami
06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
non giants question...Who is the NFL's all time sack leader among D-backs?
If they weren't in the pre-sack days, I'd pick Larry Wilson of the Cards or Mel Blount of the Steelers....
I'll guess Ronnie Lott.

zimonami
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another...

Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory?

keyofgmen
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another...

Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory?

? Sonny Jergensen?

I did look at list and this is my best guess...

zimonami
06-02-2012, 03:10 PM

? Sonny Jergensen?

Not Sonny

jomo
06-02-2012, 04:13 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory?I know who's in second place with only 1 playoff win to show for his career.Think Cowboy, think current Cowboy.[;)] </P>

I'm stumped on this one zim.</P>

zimonami
06-02-2012, 04:34 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory?I know who's in second place with only 1 playoff win to show for his career.Think Cowboy, think current Cowboy.*[;)] </P>

I'm stumped on this one zim.</P>

"Think current Cowboy." .... hahaha, this is a tough one. More importantly, that one victory was not against us.
Then again, that current Cowboy is NOT in the HOF and, unless he wins like the next 3 SB's, he never will be... so he doesn't qualify for the question.

keyofgmen
06-03-2012, 01:30 PM

? Sonny Jergensen?

Not Sonny

Zim,

Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count.

Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.

jomo
06-03-2012, 02:10 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think.

zimonami
06-03-2012, 02:42 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think.
He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.

jomo
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield?

keyofgmen
06-03-2012, 04:11 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield?

He won a game in 1951 playing for Rams against Browns..

jomo
06-03-2012, 07:18 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield? He won a game in 1951 playing for Rams against Browns..I am stumped. I looked at the entire list of HOF QB's and that was my best shot.

zimonami
06-03-2012, 11:36 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield? He won a game in 1951 playing for Rams against Browns..I am stumped. I looked at the entire list of HOF QB's and that was my best shot.
OK, hint... his first NFL gig was with the Baltimore Colts.

What's the answer to allentown's question.??

jomo
06-04-2012, 03:19 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield? He won a game in 1951 playing for Rams against Browns..I am stumped. I looked at the entire list of HOF QB's and that was my best shot. OK, hint... his first NFL gig was with the Baltimore Colts. What's the answer to allentown's question.??Is this a trick question, like the guy played QB but got into the HOF on his coaching prowess??

zimonami
06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield? He won a game in 1951 playing for Rams against Browns..I am stumped. I looked at the entire list of HOF QB's and that was my best shot. OK, hint... his first NFL gig was with the Baltimore Colts. What's the answer to allentown's question.??Is this a trick question, like the guy played QB but got into the HOF on his coaching prowess??
hahahaha.
The answer is...
Y.A. Tittle.
Y.A. never won a playoff game
He played with the Baltimore Colts of the old AAFL, and they became the NFL's Baltimore Colts in 1950 and he played there one more year bevfore going to San Fran.
Then to the Giants.
According to Wiki, he is the only QB in the HOF who has never won a playoff game. If he won a game with the colts in '48 or '49, it doesn't count.
YA played there

jomo
06-04-2012, 06:13 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield? He won a game in 1951 playing for Rams against Browns..I am stumped. I looked at the entire list of HOF QB's and that was my best shot. OK, hint... his first NFL gig was with the Baltimore Colts. What's the answer to allentown's question.??Is this a trick question, like the guy played QB but got into the HOF on his coaching prowess?? hahahaha. The answer is... Y.A. Tittle. Y.A. never won a playoff game He played with the Baltimore Colts of the old AAFL, and they became the NFL's Baltimore Colts in 1950 and he played there one more year bevfore going to San Fran. Then to the Giants. According to Wiki, he is the only QB in the HOF who has never won a playoff game. If he won a game with the colts in '48 or '49, it doesn't count. YA played thereI think I've heard of him. Isn't he like a moderator here or something? [:D]

zimonami
06-04-2012, 08:40 PM
While you guys are racking your brains on allentown's question, here's another... Who is the only NFL QB who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that has played in playoff games but never had a playoff victory? ? Sonny Jergensen? I did look at list and this is my best guess... Not Sonny Zim, Sonny (Rare player I liked on Skins as a kid) did play in one playoff game in 1974. Redskins lost to Rams. He did not start though, so maybe it doesn't count. Still trying to figure who is the answer. Maybe a pre SB era guy. Maybe I'll research this afternoon while watchin games.I did a quick scan of SB era HOF quarterbacks and it looked to me like all of them had a playoff win. It must be an oldie..................I think. He is considered Modern Era, but he is Pre-SB. And, my source didn't include Sonny ... it said the mystery man was the only Modern Day QB never to win a playoff game... but, it could have been wrong ... regardless, it isn't Sonny right now and there is another name I'm looking for.Bob Waterfield? He won a game in 1951 playing for Rams against Browns..I am stumped. I looked at the entire list of HOF QB's and that was my best shot. OK, hint... his first NFL gig was with the Baltimore Colts. What's the answer to allentown's question.??Is this a trick question, like the guy played QB but got into the HOF on his coaching prowess?? hahahaha. The answer is... Y.A. Tittle. Y.A. never won a playoff game He played with the Baltimore Colts of the old AAFL, and they became the NFL's Baltimore Colts in 1950 and he played there one more year bevfore going to San Fran. Then to the Giants. According to Wiki, he is the only QB in the HOF who has never won a playoff game. If he won a game with the colts in '48 or '49, it doesn't count. YA played thereI think I've heard of him. Isn't he like a moderator here or something? [:D]
Exactly, after his illustrious career he decided to mod these boards.
I still don't know a final answer to Sonny Jurgenson.

allentown PA
06-05-2012, 01:39 PM
non giants question...Who is the NFL's all time sack leader among D-backs?</P>

Rodney Harrison?</P>

yup..good work NY

keyofgmen
06-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Exactly, after his illustrious career he decided to mod these boards.
I still don't know a final answer to Sonny Jurgenson.

Hard to believe we did not know that Jomo....YA will not be happy.. hope he doesn't ban us...LOL

zimonami
06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
... "YA will not be happy."
Heck, where IS YA??
Haven't seen him in a while.

Stop in and say "Hello" to us, YA... we miss ya'.

Roswell777
06-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I always come to this thread when I need the opinion of those who I truly trust, when it comes to matters relating to the Giants....

So hear I am, asking you guys about your opinion of Mark Collins. On another thread he was compared rather unfavorably to Cory Webster.

It surprised me and I wanted a second (and third, fourth and fifth) opinion.

So I open the floor to discussing M Collins....

zimonami
06-08-2012, 10:22 PM
I always come to this thread when I need the opinion of those who I truly trust, when it comes to matters relating to the Giants....

So hear I am, asking you guys about your opinion of Mark Collins. On another thread he was compared rather unfavorably to Cory Webster.

I am definitely in Collin's corner. He was excellent, and a beast on run support.
Yet, to be fair, I saw Collins live dozens of times. I haven't seen Webster live, except for meaningless pre-season. You know that isn't a fair appraisal as most times you see a CB is when he gets beat. If he isn't getting beat, is he also there for run support. I just don't know about Webster, but someone here prob saw both Collins and Webster live. I try not to get too involved in evaluating any player by what they show on TV.

zimonami
06-08-2012, 10:23 PM

I am definitely in Collin's corner. He was excellent, and a beast on run support.
Yet, to be fair, I saw Collins live dozens of times. I haven't seen Webster live, except for meaningless pre-season. You know that isn't a fair appraisal as most times you see a CB is when he gets beat. If he isn't getting beat, is he also there for run support. I just don't know about Webster, but someone here prob saw both Collins and Webster live. I try not to get too involved in evaluating any player by what they show on TV.

YATittle1962
06-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Heck, where IS YA??

tsk tsk boys .......

I expect more from the DYK varsity lettermen

...I kid of course

zimonami
06-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Heck, where IS YA??

tsk tsk boys .......

I expect more from the DYK varsity lettermen

...I kid of course

HE LIVES!!!!!

scoopscj
06-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Mark Collins played at the beginning of the live ball era when passing started to benefit the receiver more yet he still made his mark on the Giants.

He played against some of the best receivers of his era. He consistently shut down Jerry Rice every time they played the 49ers. He is one of the best CB's to play for the Giants from the 1980s to today.

I'd rank him well above Corey Webster and TT. That's must my 2 cents.

Scoops

keyofgmen
06-09-2012, 09:38 AM

Seen both live plenty of times. If I had to pick one...Collins. He was a more complete player. Very consistent. Great in run support. Webster an excellent cover corner, but a bit more inconsistent overall. Not much of a stat guy, but Avg 2-3 picks both a year..and Collins avg about 20 more tackles a year (And it's not like he had a weak D in front of him).

zimonami
06-09-2012, 11:43 AM

Seen both live plenty of times. If I had to pick one...Collins. He was a more complete player. Very consistent. Great in run support. Webster an excellent cover corner, but a bit more inconsistent overall. Not much of a stat guy, but Avg 2-3 picks both a year..and Collins avg about 20 more tackles a year (And it's not like he had a weak D in front of him).
TY, Key... kinda what I thought as I rarely see Web in on a running plays... but Collins was frequently right there, with crushing tackles... despite having one of the best 7, ever, in front of him, as you ppointed out.
People's memories are short, and too many bring up comparisons of a current player to an older player that they never even saw play. And... you can NOT judge a CB or Safety by watching a game on TV

Roswell777
06-09-2012, 02:03 PM

TY, Key... kinda what I thought as I rarely see Web in on a running plays... but Collins was frequently right there, with crushing tackles... despite having one of the best 7, ever, in front of him, as you ppointed out.
People's memories are short, and too many bring up comparisons of a current player to an older player that they never even saw play. And... you can NOT judge a CB or Safety by watching a game on TV

Exactly. I think my problem with Slipknottin is that I feel he states his opinions as fact and in this case I'm not sure he was more than ten years old when Collins played.

But he is entitled to his opinion.

zimonami
06-09-2012, 03:57 PM

Exactly. I think my problem with Slipknottin is that I feel he states his opinions as fact and in this case I'm not sure he was more than ten years old when Collins played.

Right, Ros... I've always liked slip, and he has many valuable opinions, but it's just not fair to evaluate a lot of positions when you watch TV. You can the OL and DL, and some on the LB's... but, I won't even evaluate a QB, who you can see every second that he has the ball as the focal point of the TV camers, because you can't see what he sees downfield.
But, that's alright... like you say, to each his own... it's what makes these boards interesting.

Roswell777
06-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Right, Ros... I've always liked slip, and he has many valuable opinions, but it's just not fair to evaluate a lot of positions when you watch TV. You can the OL and DL, and some on the LB's... but, I won't even evaluate a QB, who you can see every second that he has the ball as the focal point of the TV camers, because you can't see what he sees downfield.
But, that's alright... like you say, to each his own... it's what makes these boards interesting.

Completely agree and it's the reason why I come to this thread for valued opinions from my compatriots.

SEC105
06-18-2012, 02:47 PM
How's the off season going for the "Did You Know" gang.........found this pic from old Giants Stadium.....who's the Giant catching the ball</P>

http://img.spokeo.com/public/800-600/jim_robinson_1976_12_12.jpg</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
06-18-2012, 03:03 PM
He looks too big to be J. Robinson, and I think Mike Freide was #88, so it can't be him. You got me...

YATittle1962
06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
He looks too big to be J. Robinson, and I think Mike Freide was #88, so it can't be him.* You got me...*

has to be Robinson

kick returner for the most part as I remember him

SEC105
06-18-2012, 03:24 PM
He looks too big to be J. Robinson, and I think Mike Freide was #88, so it can't be him. You got me...
has to be Robinson kick returner for the most part as I remember him</P>

It is Jim Robinson.........don't know who the other Giant is.....any ideas Guys?</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
He looks too big to be J. Robinson, and I think Mike Freide was #88, so it can't be him.* You got me...*

It is Jim Robinson.........don't know who the other Giant is.....any ideas Guys?</P>

Z</P>

Wow. I remember him as a smallish type receiver, maybe I'm getting old or the camera angle is playing tricks on me. Or maybe it's both, lol.

Do you guys remember in the early or mid 60s the Sunday News Magazine section used to print pictures of the Giant players?

Every Sunday I would cut them out and put them in a scrapbook. I'm probably the only guy ever to save a picture of Ernie Wheelright.

jomo
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Who is this tight end from the mid-sixties? </P>

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoW46MQmYkNLiKlCLNsGGSH_lh4pico KX9KqfbgeBW3NHy1-d5aA</P>

zimonami
06-18-2012, 09:28 PM

Z</P>

Wow. I remember him as a smallish type receiver, maybe I'm getting old or the camera angle is playing tricks on me. Or maybe it's both, lol.

Do you guys remember in the early or mid 60s the Sunday News Magazine section used to print pictures of the Giant players?

Every Sunday I would cut them out and put them in a scrapbook. I'm probably the only guy ever to save a picture of Ernie Wheelright.
Last number a 6??
I'd say Johnny Perkins, 86, but it doesn't look like an 8.
I don't remember a 26... that's what it looks like.\

Hellloooo, to all my DYK buds. Same crew of guys can be counted on, and a great crew it is... sooner or later we have a meeting here... kind of like a sanity check... kind of a reassurance that the world is still round.

Roswell777
06-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Z</P>
V

Last number a 6??
I'd say Johnny Perkins, 86, but it doesn't look like an 8.
I don't remember a 26... that's what it looks like.\

Hellloooo, to all my DYK buds. Same crew of guys can be counted on, and a great crew it is... sooner or later we have a meeting here... kind of like a sanity check... kind of a reassurance that the world is still round.

Sounds good Z. It would be good to meet the people behind the commentary.

zimonami
06-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Wake UP!!!
Here are some Meadowlands/Giant Stadium questions. Please only answer 1 and see if we can get 4 peeps contributing answers.
1) An easy one... Of course we know the Giants and Jets hosted games at the Meadowlands. Other professional football teams that have called Giants Stadium home over the years include the New Jersey Generals of the USFL; the New York/New Jersey Knights of the World League of American Football; and the New York/New Jersey Hitmen of the XFL. The New York Sentinels played one game at the stadium in the United Football League inaugural season

There is one more... who?

2) What event hosted the Stadium record crowd.

3) What event hosted the second largest crowd?

4) Giant Stadium has hosted the most NFL games in league history.
What edifice is second?

jomo
06-20-2012, 11:49 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoW46MQmYkNLiKlCLNsGGSH_lh4pico KX9KqfbgeBW3NHy1-d5aA</P>Aaron Thomas

zimonami
06-21-2012, 12:03 AM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoW46MQmYkNLiKlCLNsGGSH_lh4pico KX9KqfbgeBW3NHy1-d5aA</P>Aaron Thomas
I saw this, couldn't think of his name immediately, and forgot to ever go back. We need to wake people up these lazy crazy days of summer.

NYG 5
06-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Wake UP!!!
Here are some Meadowlands/Giant Stadium questions. Please only answer 1 and see if we can get 4 peeps contributing answers.
1) An easy one... Of course we know the Giants and Jets hosted games at the Meadowlands. Other professional football teams that have called Giants Stadium home over the years include the New Jersey Generals of the USFL; the New York/New Jersey Knights of the World League of American Football; and the New York/New Jersey Hitmen of the XFL. The New York Sentinels played one game at the stadium in the United Football League inaugural season

What edifice is second?

1. New Orleans Saints
2. the Pope's visit
3. the world cup?
4. Lambeau field?

zimonami
06-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Wake UP!!!

What edifice is second?

1. New Orleans Saints
2. the Pope's visit
3. the world cup?
4. Lambeau field?

Good shot there, NY
No. 1 is correct... the saints.

Your No, 2 is the answer to No, 3.
So, who had the record attendance at Giant Stadium? It's not the Word Cup.

No. 4 is not Lambeau Field.

jomo
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoW46MQmYkNLiKlCLNsGGSH_lh4pico KX9KqfbgeBW3NHy1-d5aA</P>Aaron Thomas I saw this, couldn't think of his name immediately, and forgot to ever go back. We need to wake people up these lazy crazy days of summer.I hear you Zim, we need to get to training camp in the worst way. I just wanted to close this one out while I still remembered it lol.

jomo
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Wake UP!!! Here are some Meadowlands/Giant Stadium questions. Please only answer 1 and see if we can get 4 peeps contributing answers. 1) An easy one... Of course we know the Giants and Jets hosted games at the Meadowlands. Other professional football teams that have called Giants Stadium home over the years include the New Jersey Generals of the USFL; the New York/New Jersey Knights of the World League of American Football; and the New York/New Jersey Hitmen of the XFL. The New York Sentinels played one game at the stadium in the United Football League inaugural season There is one more... who? 2) What event hosted the Stadium record crowd. 3) What event hosted the second largest crowd? 4) Giant Stadium has hosted the most NFL games in league history. What edifice is second?

1. New Orleans Saints
2. the Pope's visit
3. the world cup?
4. Lambeau field?
Good shot there, NY No. 1 is correct... the saints. Your No, 2 is the answer to No, 3. So, who had the record attendance at Giant Stadium? It's not the Word Cup. No. 4 is not Lambeau Field.Is the LA Colloseum the answer to #4? Amazing that Giants Stadium is #1 in most games hosted in NFL history.

zimonami
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Wake UP!!! Here are some Meadowlands/Giant Stadium questions. Please only answer 1 and see if we can get 4 peeps contributing answers. 1) An easy one... Of course we know the Giants and Jets hosted games at the Meadowlands. Other professional football teams that have called Giants Stadium home over the years include the New Jersey Generals of the USFL; the New York/New Jersey Knights of the World League of American Football; and the New York/New Jersey Hitmen of the XFL. The New York Sentinels played one game at the stadium in the United Football League inaugural season There is one more... who? 2) What event hosted the Stadium record crowd. 3) What event hosted the second largest crowd? 4) Giant Stadium has hosted the most NFL games in league history. What edifice is second?

1. New Orleans Saints
2. the Pope's visit
3. the world cup?
4. Lambeau field?
Good shot there, NY No. 1 is correct... the saints. Your No, 2 is the answer to No, 3. So, who had the record attendance at Giant Stadium? It's not the Word Cup. No. 4 is not Lambeau Field.Is the LA Colloseum the answer to #4? Amazing that Giants Stadium is #1 in most games hosted in NFL history.Not LA Coliseum.
Yeah, I agree, it's very surprising.

Wiki..."Thanks largely to the dual occupancy of Giants Stadium by two NFL teams since 1984, it surpassed Wrigley Field (home of the Chicago Bears for fifty seasons) as the venue to have hosted more NFL games than any other in league history. The game played between the Jets and Miami Dolphins on September 14, 2003 was the 366th regular season NFL game at Giants Stadium breaking Wrigley's regular season record."

NYGRealityCheck
06-21-2012, 10:29 PM

1. New Orleans Saints
2. the Pope's visit
3. the world cup?
4. Lambeau field?
Good shot there, NY No. 1 is correct... the saints. Your No, 2 is the answer to No, 3. So, who had the record attendance at Giant Stadium? It's not the Word Cup. No. 4 is not Lambeau Field.Is the LA Colloseum the answer to #4? Amazing that Giants Stadium is #1 in most games hosted in NFL history.

Regarding Giants Stadium hosting the most NFL games in league history....Remember, Giants Stadium has been home to two NFL football teams (not just one like everyone else) in the Superbowl Giants and the loser Jets for a long time. So this is easily understandable. Some history nut working at Giants Stadium is probably laughing off these questions.

jomo
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM

1. New Orleans Saints
2. the Pope's visit
3. the world cup?
4. Lambeau field?
Good shot there, NY No. 1 is correct... the saints. Your No, 2 is the answer to No, 3. So, who had the record attendance at Giant Stadium? It's not the Word Cup. No. 4 is not Lambeau Field.Is the LA Colloseum the answer to #4? Amazing that Giants Stadium is #1 in most games hosted in NFL history. Regarding Giants Stadium hosting the most NFL games in league history....Remember, Giants Stadium has been home to two NFL football teams (not just one like everyone else) in the Superbowl Giants and the loser Jets for a long time. So this is easily understandable. Some history nut working at Giants Stadium is probably laughing off these questions.I understood the Jets Giants thing all along and it still seems unbelievable. Remember that the Jets weren't there all along. Lambeau, it would seem has been there since before the "frozen tundra of Lambeau field" which was in the '60's.

zimonami
06-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Lambeau opened in 1957... only 19 years before Giant stadium.
There is still another stadium that was the record holder before Giant stadium

jints10
06-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Is #2 A Grateful Dead concert

jomo
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Lambeau opened in 1957... only 19 years before Giant stadium. There is still another stadium that was the record holder before Giant stadiumHas to be one of the oldies in the mid-west. How about Wrigley?

zimonami
06-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Lambeau opened in 1957... only 19 years before Giant stadium. There is still another stadium that was the record holder before Giant stadiumHas to be one of the oldies in the mid-west. How about Wrigley?\
Good job... it's Wrigley, before Soldier Field

zimonami
06-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Is #2 A Grateful Dead concertNot quite. I was at a Dead concert there... there were more people in the parking Lots than inside.

It was a U2 concert.

jomo
06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Zim, your question got me doing some research since I guessed Wrigley correctly,but don't have much recollection of the bears playing there.</P>

I found out that the stadium was originally named Cubs Park and was much smaller than what it grew into as Wrigley Field. Cubs Park was built in 6 weeks for a cost of $250,000.</P>

Now for the questions:</P>

#1 In what year was the first Bears game played in Cubs Park aka Wrigley Field(within 5 years)?</P>

#2 In what year was the last Bears game playedat Wrigley Field. (within5 years)?</P>

#3 How many NFL games were played at Wrigley? (within 10)</P>

# Who did the Bears beat in that last home game at Wrigley? Hint: think NFL Central</P>

keyofgmen
06-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Argh..I almost guessed the U2 concert?

Speaking of the Dead..anybody go to the Dead concert at Raceway Park?...many years ago..somewhere around 1976 or 1977.. ( I wonder why I can't remember exactly!!) I think they said 200K+ there.

zimonami
06-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Zim, your question got me doing some research since I guessed Wrigley correctly,*but don't have much recollection of the bears playing there.*</P>

I found out that the stadium was originally named Cubs Park and was much smaller than what it grew into as Wrigley Field. Cubs Park was built in 6 weeks for a cost of $250,000.</P>

#1 In what year was the first Bears game played in Cubs Park aka Wrigley Field*(within 5 years)?</P>

#2 In what year was the last Bears game played*at Wrigley Field. (within*5 years)?</P>

# Who did the Bears beat in that last home game at Wrigley? Hint: think NFL Central</P>
I didn't read about Wrigley's history... just enough to see that the Giants broke their record, and I think it was 334 or 336.
That has to represent about 45 years worth of games.
I'll guess that Soldier Field came about, and so Wrigley ended, in 1975... so, Wrigley started around 1930.
I'll guess they played Detroit in that last Wrigley game.
Built in 6 weeks for $250,000? Wow. I was at Wrigley for a Cubs game around 1992. I love the look of the ivy walls.

zimonami
06-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Zim, your question got me doing some research since I guessed Wrigley correctly,*but don't have much recollection of the bears playing there.*</P>

#1 In what year was the first Bears game played in Cubs Park aka Wrigley Field*(within 5 years)?</P>

#2 In what year was the last Bears game played*at Wrigley Field. (within*5 years)?</P>

I didn't read about Wrigley's history... just enough to see that the Giants broke their record, and I think it was 334 or 336.
That has to represent about 45 years worth of games.
I'll guess that Soldier Field came about, and so Wrigley ended, in 1975... so, Wrigley started around 1930.
I'll guess they played Detroit in that last Wrigley game.
Built in 6 weeks for $250,000? Wow. I was at Wrigley for a Cubs game around 1992. I love the look of the ivy walls.

jomo
06-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Zim, your question got me doing some research since I guessed Wrigley correctly,but don't have much recollection of the bears playing there.</P>

#1 In what year was the first Bears game played in Cubs Park aka Wrigley Field(within 5 years)?</P>

#2 In what year was the last Bears game playedat Wrigley Field. (within5 years)?</P>

I didn't read about Wrigley's history... just enough to see that the Giants broke their record, and I think it was 334 or 336. That has to represent about 45 years worth of games. I'll guess that Soldier Field came about, and so Wrigley ended, in 1975... so, Wrigley started around 1930. I'll guess they played Detroit in that last Wrigley game. Built in 6 weeks for $250,000? Wow. I was at Wrigley for a Cubs game around 1992. I love the look of the ivy walls.</P>

#1 1921</P>

#2 1970</P>

#3 365</P>

#4 The Bears beat the Packers in the last game played in Wrigley</P>

zimonami
06-25-2012, 04:39 PM

I didn't read about Wrigley's history... just enough to see that the Giants broke their record, and I think it was 334 or 336. That has to represent about 45 years worth of games. I'll guess that Soldier Field came about, and so Wrigley ended, in 1975... so, Wrigley started around 1930. I'll guess they played Detroit in that last Wrigley game. Built in 6 weeks for $250,000? Wow. I was at Wrigley for a Cubs game around 1992. I love the look of the ivy walls.</P>

#1 1921</P>

#2 1970</P>

#3 365</P>

#4 The Bears beat the Packers in the last game played in Wrigley</P>
lol, jomo... these are questions that require you to pull the answers out of your butt. I read the number of games for the old record that we broke, 365, and still got that part wrong when you asked again.

jmike
06-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Zim, your question got me doing some research since I guessed Wrigley correctly,but don't have much recollection of the bears playing there.</p>

I found out that the stadium was originally named Cubs Park and was much smaller than what it grew into as Wrigley Field. Cubs Park was built in 6 weeks for a cost of $250,000.</p>

Now for the questions:</p>

#1 In what year was the first Bears game played in Cubs Park aka Wrigley Field(within 5 years)?</p>

#2 In what year was the last Bears game playedat Wrigley Field. (within5 years)?</p>

#3 How many NFL games were played at Wrigley? (within 10)</p>

# Who did the Bears beat in that last home game at Wrigley? Hint: think NFL Central</p>

I didn't read about Wrigley's history... just enough to see that the Giants broke their record, and I think it was 334 or 336. That has to represent about 45 years worth of games. I'll guess that Soldier Field came about, and so Wrigley ended, in 1975... so, Wrigley started around 1930. I'll guess they played Detroit in that last Wrigley game. Built in 6 weeks for $250,000? Wow. I was at Wrigley for a Cubs game around 1992. I love the look of the ivy walls.</p>

#1 1921</p>

#2 1970</p>

#3 365</p>

#4 The Bears beat the Packers in the last game played in Wrigley</p>
lol, jomo... these are questions that require you to pull the answers out of your butt. I read the number of games for the old record that we broke, 365, and still got that part wrong when you asked again. At least we know why the answers didn't smell too good at first whiff.

SEC105
06-28-2012, 11:45 AM
In one season.....a long time ago.....5 pro players 2 in pro football 2 in MLB and one in the NBA all wore the same number AND were MVPs that same year</P>

any thoughts on who these guys are? please no Google just take a few hacks on these players </P>

just so you guys know someone asked me and I knew two but did not realize there were 5 in the same year</P>

Z</P>

06-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Argh..I almost guessed the U2 concert? Speaking of the Dead..anybody go to the Dead concert at Raceway Park?...many years ago..somewhere around 1976 or 1977.. ( I wonder why I can't remember exactly!!) I think they said 200K+ there.</P>

</P>

Was that the concert that was postponed because at a previous concert at the same venue (YES concert) there was a stabbing?</P>

zimonami
06-28-2012, 01:00 PM
In one season.....a long time ago.....5 pro players***** 2 in* pro football* 2 in MLB and one in the NBA all wore the same number** AND were MVPs that same year</P>

any thoughts on who these guys are?******** please no Google**** just take a few hacks on these players* </P>

just so you guys know*** someone asked me and I knew two but did not realize there were 5 in the same year</P>

Z</P>
This is a superb question and I haven't got a chance in Hades of answering it.. Other than the obvious famous baseball players, like the mick, #7, or Yogi #8, I never paid attention to numbers on baseball or basketball players, at all. I don't know the number of my favorite Knick players, like Ewing, nor my Mets... can't remember Seaver's No.. I only paid attention to football players... because I couldn;t see their faces. Their number was their Identity. I didn't need to know Wilt's number, or DeBuschers No. to know who they were on the court, same with baseball. I knew them by position and body type and partial looks under their hat.
I'm gonna be very impressed with anyone who gets this... the fact that you know (2), SEC, is 2 more than I know.

YATittle1962
06-28-2012, 01:23 PM
In one season.....a long time ago.....5 pro players***** 2 in* pro football* 2 in MLB and one in the NBA all wore the same number** AND were MVPs that same year</P>

any thoughts on who these guys are?******** please no Google**** just take a few hacks on these players* </P>

just so you guys know*** someone asked me and I knew two but did not realize there were 5 in the same year</P>

Z</P>

I'll take a stab

Jim Brown, Bill Russel, Sandy Koufax

early 60s?

thats all I got

:)

3 of my favorite athletes and I always thought is was cool that they wore the same number

..yeah I know....a Knick fan liking a Celtic.......but Bill was very special

what an amazing question by the way......I could be totally wrong as well

SEC105
06-28-2012, 05:27 PM
In one season.....a long time ago.....5 pro players 2 in pro football 2 in MLB and one in the NBA all wore the same number AND were MVPs that same year</P>

any thoughts on who these guys are? please no Google just take a few hacks on these players </P>

just so you guys know someone asked me and I knew two but did not realize there were 5 in the same year</P>

Z</P>

I'll take a stab Jim Brown, Bill Russel, Sandy Koufax early 60s? thats all I got :) 3 of my favorite athletes and I always thought is was cool that they wore the same number ..yeah I know....a Knick fan liking a Celtic.......but Bill was very special what an amazing question by the way......I could be totally wrong as well</P>

I should have prefaced this question by adding I did not know the answer......That being said.....my friend must be talking early sixties. I checked and Y. A. you are right. I think Ican also add Elston Howard to that list. I asked and sent pics of Bill Russell to my pal of Russell wearing no.6. I guess this is common knowledge to all Celtic fans. Anyway he says at one point during one season the "big man" wore no.32........just guessing it might had something to do with a tribute to Jim Brown. He might have read it in Russell's book?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
06-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Z</P>

I'll take a stab Jim Brown, Bill Russel, Sandy Koufax early 60s? thats all I got :) 3 of my favorite athletes and I always thought is was cool that they wore the same number ..yeah I know....a Knick fan liking a Celtic.......but Bill was very special what an amazing question by the way......I could be totally wrong as well</P>

I should have prefaced this question by adding I did not know the answer......That being said.....my friend must be talking early sixties. I checked and Y. A. you are right. I think I*can also add Elston Howard to that list. I asked and sent pics of Bill Russell to my pal of Russell wearing no.6. I guess this is common knowledge to all Celtic fans. Anyway he says at one point during one season the "big man" wore no.32........just guessing it might had something to do with a tribute to Jim Brown. He might have read it in Russell's book?</P>

Z</P>

I thought that as well

now that I think about it ....I dont think Rusell ever did wear 32

I know they were all MVP that year but the NBA MVP wore #6 for sure

not sure what I was thinking

keyofgmen
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Just hangin around so ....

What game was referred to as "The Sneaker game"?

firstgamein49
07-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Giants vs. Bears NFL Championship in (I Think) '34? Actually, there was sort of a replay in '56! When the Gmen came out in the 2nd half with sneakers on, George Halas told his players to step on their feet!

zimonami
07-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Giants vs. Bears NFL Championship in (I Think) '34? Actually, there was sort of a replay in '56! When the Gmen came out in the 2nd half with sneakers on, George Halas told his players to step on their feet!

They got the sneakers from the basketball team supplies at Manhattan College

keyofgmen
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM

Hey Zim...don't know why, but your Av made me look for this memory. My Uncle Har got this from Simms right after the SB as he was leaving stadium apparently and he gave it to me..

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/IMG_0001.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/?action=view&current=IMG_0001.jpg)

zimonami
07-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Hey Zim...don't know why, but your Av made me look for this memory. My Uncle Har got this from Simms right after the SB as he was leaving stadium apparently and he gave it to me..

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/IMG_0001.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/?action=viewĄt=IMG_0001.jpg)
Superb. One of my all-time favorite memories. Surprised you could fit the whole pic.
TY, Key... good stuff

keyofgmen
07-01-2012, 04:55 PM

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/IMG_0001.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/?action=viewĄt=IMG_0001.jpg)
Superb. One of my all-time favorite memories. Surprised you could fit the whole pic.
TY, Key... good stuff

Just took photo on my back porch..didn't realize it would show that big! What a year it was! Best memory in my Giants history was being at Giants Stadium for the NFC Championship game against Skins...I still feel the wind and confetti blowing over all of us long suffering fans.

jomo
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
They got the sneakers from the basketball team supplies at Manhattan College Hey Zim...don't know why, but your Av made me look for this memory. My Uncle Har got this from Simms right after the SB as he was leaving stadium apparently and he gave it to me.. http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/IMG_0001.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/?action=viewĄt=IMG_0001.jpg) Superb. One of my all-time favorite memories. Surprised you could fit the whole pic. TY, Key... good stuff Just took photo on my back porch..didn't realize it would show that big! What a year it was! Best memory in my Giants history was being at Giants Stadium for the NFC Championship game against Skins...I still feel the wind and confetti blowing over all of us long suffering fans.That was a huge moment for us, worthy of such a largepicture!

YATittle1962
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM

ahh....but who was sent to get the sneakers......?

hmmmmm

zimonami
07-01-2012, 10:52 PM

ahh....but who was sent to get the sneakers......?

hmmmmm
The equipment manager? ... I read the story a few times over the years, but can't remember. I also went to Manhattan College, so it's part of their lore, along with Brother Jasper initiating the 7th inning stretch ritual.

jomo
07-03-2012, 12:19 PM
They got the sneakers from the basketball team supplies at Manhattan College ahh....but who was sent to get the sneakers......? hmmmmm The equipment manager? ... I read the story a few times over the years, but can't remember. I also went to Manhattan College, so it's part of their lore, along with Brother Jasper initiating the 7th inning stretch ritual.I always understood that in the '34 game it was the equipment manager who was dispatched to secure the magical footwear.

keyofgmen
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
They got the sneakers from the basketball team supplies at Manhattan College ahh....but who was sent to get the sneakers......? hmmmmm The equipment manager? ... I read the story a few times over the years, but can't remember. I also went to Manhattan College, so it's part of their lore, along with Brother Jasper initiating the 7th inning stretch ritual.I always understood that in the '34 game it was the equipment manager who was dispatched to secure the magical footwear.

His name was Abe Cohen (not that I knew that off the top of my head!)

zimonami
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM

You mean you and Abe weren't best friends back in '34???

Happy 4th everyone

keyofgmen
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Happy 4th everyone

Here is the guy that suggested it (according to HC Owen)....

Name something else he is famous for ( other than HOF)...

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/top10_giants_realgame.jpg

BTW...Not funny Zim..Ole? yes..but ...HAHAA!

zimonami
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Happy 4th everyone

It's Ray Flaherty... but, other than coaching and the sneakers game, I don't know what he is famous for.

SEC105
07-14-2012, 02:09 PM
What do Y.A. and this fella have in common?</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.421551!/img/httpImage/image.jpg</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
07-14-2012, 02:16 PM

Z</P>

they are both on the Giants all time passing list?......quite close to each other if I'm not mistaken

they both were Giants for 4 years?

hahahah...I really have no idea what they have in common for real...looking forward to learning

but I do love popping in and seeing this thread at the top of the list after all these years

love you guys

zimonami
07-14-2012, 02:22 PM

Z</P>

they are both on the Giants all time passing list?......quite close to each other if I'm not mistaken

they both were Giants for 4 years?

hahahah...I really have no idea what they have in common for real...looking forward to learning

but I do love popping in and seeing this thread at the top of the list after all these years

love you guys
OK... this one is slim, but here goes... they both played 4 years for the Gmen.

Great to see you guys.

SEC105
07-15-2012, 12:05 AM

Z</P>

they are both on the Giants all time passing list?......quite close to each other if I'm not mistaken they both were Giants for 4 years? hahahah...I really have no idea what they have in common for real...looking forward to learning but I do love popping in and seeing this thread at the top of the list after all these years love you guys OK... this one is slim, but here goes... they both played 4 years for the Gmen. Great to see you guys.</P>

Actually I was "Big Jeeps" thread on who will crack first and it got me to thinking about 17 year drought [1963-1981]without a post season game for our GMen so Y.A. got us there in 63 and Brunner was the first QB to get us back in the post season in 81</P>

None of us ever "cracked" from the"goodbye Allie[8]" days to "the fumble"</P>

They don't call the"Giant fanbase" the most loyal in sport for nothing!!!</P>

So how is the DYK gang doing?......hope everyone is enjoying the summer</P>

Training camp right around the corner [Y]</P>

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lgi6WXvg1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
07-15-2012, 11:48 AM

Z</P>

they are both on the Giants all time passing list?......quite close to each other if I'm not mistaken they both were Giants for 4 years? hahahah...I really have no idea what they have in common for real...looking forward to learning but I do love popping in and seeing this thread at the top of the list after all these years love you guys OK... this one is slim, but here goes... they both played 4 years for the Gmen. Great to see you guys.</P>

Actually I was* "Big Jeeps" thread on who will crack first and it got me to thinking about 17 year drought [1963-1981]*without a post season game for our GMen***** so Y.A. got us there in 63 and Brunner was the first QB to get us back in the post season in 81</P>

None of us ever "cracked" from the*"goodbye Allie[8]" days to "the fumble"</P>

They don't call the*"Giant fanbase" the most loyal in sport for nothing!!!</P>

So how is the DYK gang doing?......hope everyone is enjoying the summer**</P>

Training camp right around the corner [Y]</P>

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lgi6WXvg1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg</P>

Z</P>
Well, OK... my 4 seasons was valid (poor Brunner didn't make '86 and the SB), but your point is valid, too...lol.
Was '81 the season Phil had that horroble thumb break?
Of course, '81 was LT's rookie year... signalling that better times were ahead.
Doing well, SEC. I think I'll be going to the preseason game, New England on a Wednesday Night. Anyone else??

jomo
07-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Where was this traditional pre-season matchup typically played?</P>

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SPEL%2Bb8UL.jpg</P>

jomo
07-15-2012, 01:14 PM
This former Giant wide receiver was born on an Island. While in college, he roomed with future Cowboys running back Duane Thomas. Who is he and what college did they attend?</P>

jints10
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SPEL%2Bb8UL.jpg</P>

Princeton.....being from Freehold we used to go. I loved those few years when the Giants had training camp at Monmouth College

jints10
07-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh yea it was a charity game

jomo
07-15-2012, 03:37 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SPEL%2Bb8UL.jpg</P> Princeton.....being from Freehold we used to go. I loved those few years when the Giants had training camp at Monmouth CollegeCorrect. It was in Palmer Stadium as I recall.

jomo
07-15-2012, 04:30 PM
This former Giant wide receiver was born on an Island. While in college, he roomed with future Cowboys running back Duane Thomas. Who is he and what college did they attend?</P>How about this one??

YATittle1962
07-15-2012, 11:08 PM
This former Giant wide receiver was born on an Island. While in college, he roomed with future Cowboys running back Duane Thomas. Who is he and what college did they attend?</P>How about this one??

I know Rocky Thompson was born in Bermuda...but he was a RB
....and I have no idea if he was Thomas' roommate

did Duane go to Texas A&M?

jomo
07-15-2012, 11:13 PM
This former Giant wide receiver was born on an Island. While in college, he roomed with future Cowboys running back Duane Thomas. Who is he and what college did they attend?</P>

How about this one?? I know Rocky Thompson was born in Bermuda...but he was a RB ....and I have no idea if he was Thomas' roommate did Duane go to Texas A&amp;M?Good job YA, yes it was Rocky Thomson. Most people wouldn't think Bermuda (as the island)when it comes to an NFL player.</P>

It was actually West Texas State where both he and Thomas played football; a team where interestingly Mercury Morris was another running back.</P>

YATittle1962
07-16-2012, 01:26 AM

How about this one?? I know Rocky Thompson was born in Bermuda...but he was a RB ....and I have no idea if he was Thomas' roommate did Duane go to Texas A&M?Good job YA, yes it was Rocky Thomson. Most people wouldn't think Bermuda (as the island)*when it comes to an NFL player.</P>

It was actually West Texas State where both he and Thomas played football; a team where interestingly Mercury Morris was another running back.</P>

ahh

don't know why I thought it was A&M

getting old I guess

keyofgmen
07-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Happy 4th everyone

It's Ray Flaherty... but, other than coaching and the sneakers game, I don't know what he is famous for.

No takers?

1st jersey # retired in NFL history...1935

although one player on Giants wore the # 1 after that briefly...

Who was that?

YATittle1962
07-19-2012, 06:37 PM
glad to see the old girl made it over to the new boards

jomo
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
glad to see the old girl made it over to the new boardsOnly the man upstairs will know how they dragged that much info through the pipe. Thrilled to see it alive and well.

zimonami
07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
A sigh of relief that DYK is intact. It will be nice to see all yu guys again.
I have to refind my Simms pic.

derekunion28
07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
wow really happy this thread moved it was part of the whole website ...i bet 99% are stalkers like me.....love you old men i mean women i mean infoNERDS....lmao...jk keep it up

SEC105
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
glad to see the old girl made it over to the new boards

YES........Great to see DYK made it to the new boards..........now I just have get my avatar back lol Well...... one step at a time
Just getting on the new GMB is enough for me for one day ; ]
Can't post pics as of now either....does anyone know if it might be compatability view in the tool box

zimonami
07-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Dang... This is my 2,260th post on this thread.
Time well spent?

keyofgmen
07-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Dang... This is my 2,260th post on this thread.
Time well spent?

Of course! How did you know this anyway?

zimonami
07-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Of course! How did you know this anyway?
Go to the thread list and put your cursor over the pink envelope to the left of this thread... it will show you how many times you've posted on it.

YATittle1962
07-26-2012, 12:21 AM
in 2004 Kurt Warner was benched for Eli

against what team was Eli pulled out of the game for Kurt ?

Roswell777
07-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Hey guys. Nothing substantial to add. Just thought my first post on the new boards should be on this thread. Had a hard time logging on but Mod C got me up to speed. While I'm on, I'll guess Eli got pulled in the Raven game because if he didn't, he certainly should have been. It would've been the merciful thing to do.

Mixxedkid
07-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi All!I'm new to all of this. In fact, this is my first posting. Any tips on how to best use the site? Go G-Men!!!

jomo
07-29-2012, 04:40 PM
It is a little more work retrieving this thread but here's how I did it. It seems that the default screen has posts for the past few days, now sorted by time of post (that's good). To find DYK, I went to the bottom of the page, expanded the search to 1 week (I know I've seen it since the new boards went up) then I sorted alphabetically. There it was on the first page nestled in among the other "D's".

Now, for the reason I'm here. Name this good looking Giants legend.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8A5rh2AolnNur0BhEnPDMyfVaccG0V S6tQ0FLnB4p_g21Fls7uQ

ny06
07-29-2012, 04:45 PM
That picture looks like the former Giants great Andy Robustelli

Redeyejedi
07-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Did U Know Jerry Jones actually just said that in an interview at Cowboy Camp.
“I’ve been here 23 years. I’ve been here when it was glory hole days and when it wasn’t. I want me some glory hole!”

jomo
07-29-2012, 05:23 PM
That picture looks like the former Giants great Andy RobustelliThat's the answer NY06. Good job! Just getting warmed up for the season.

jomo
07-30-2012, 08:38 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm2gQDYzCHaNL-LB6clNeVzROCeCs-s0A0vg_mTvXZPzyzIcwS

Who is this good looking Giant?
Where did he go to college?
What position did he play there?
What position did he play with the Giants?
What special exemption was he granted by the NFL?
What other legendary Giant also went to the same University and played the same position for us?

zimonami
08-09-2012, 04:20 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm2gQDYzCHaNL-LB6clNeVzROCeCs-s0A0vg_mTvXZPzyzIcwS

What other legendary Giant also went to the same University and played the same position for us?

No one answered?
I know the answer, but can't think of his name... on the tip of my tongue.

Well, for the first time since 1976 when the new Meadowlands opened, I will NOT be receiving the Giant Tickets.
Control has been transferred to a nephew, who will manage them for the (4) family members using tickets.

This year I will only be going to the Patriots preseason game.
Anyone else going?

Possible that my son will take me to the Pittsburgh or Cleveland game... I'll advise when I know.

For now... anyone going to the Pats preseason game?? ... will be happy to meet you beforehand in the lot to toast some brews. It's a Wednesday night game.

fansince69
08-09-2012, 05:05 PM

if it is Brad van pelt...( not sure)
he went to Michigan state
played safty
played linebacker
carl banks
he wore number 10 as a linebacker requiting an exemption

nygmen90
08-09-2012, 05:19 PM
No one answered?

Well, for the first time since 1976 when the new Meadowlands opened, I will NOT be receiving the Giant Tickets.
Control has been transferred to a nephew, who will manage them for the (4) family members using tickets.

Anyone else going?

Possible that my son will take me to the Pittsburgh or Cleveland game... I'll advise when I know.

For now... anyone going to the Pats preseason game?? ... will be happy to meet you beforehand in the lot to toast some brews. It's a Wednesday night game.

im prob going to the pats-giants preseason but I'm just a kid lol

zimonami
08-09-2012, 05:38 PM
played safty
played linebacker
carl banks
he wore number 10 as a linebacker requiting an exemption

Yeah, because he was also listed as a safety, he was eligible for #10.
I think you might be right. That must be a pic of Brad at Mich State stadium before the pros.. I'm used to his 'older' pic as a mature Giant LB.

So, you're young... which means too young for a beer?

jomo
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
played safty
played linebacker
carl banks
he wore number 10 as a linebacker requiting an exemptionYou got em all. Nice job!!

fansince69
08-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, because he was also listed as a safety, he was eligible for #10.
I think you might be right. That must be a pic of Brad at Mich State stadium before the pros.. I'm used to his 'older' pic as a mature Giant LB.

Im young?did you read my name...fan since 69? how young does that make me...lolI haven't been to young for a beer since the giants played in the Yale bowl

jomo
08-09-2012, 05:57 PM
No one answered?

Anyone else going?

For now... anyone going to the Pats preseason game?? ... will be happy to meet you beforehand in the lot to toast some brews. It's a Wednesday night game.I'll be at the Pats game and would love to catch up. Wednesday night ugh!! As it gets closer we can figure out when and where the group can meet.

fansince69
08-09-2012, 06:00 PM
You got em all. Nice job!!

see Jomo Im a peace maker and smart too...lol....

what ex giant running back also had a brother who won the American league batting title?

name them both

zimonami
08-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Im young?did you read my name...fan since 69? how young does that make me...lolI haven't been to young for a beer since the giants played in the Yale bowl

lol, I got you confused with nygmen90.

nygmen90
08-09-2012, 06:17 PM

16, ill be going with my parents

fansince69
08-09-2012, 06:20 PM
lol, I got you confused with nygmen90.

thought maybe I was getting senile....understood..it is all in fun...hope you guys have a great time....some one answer my question

jomo
08-09-2012, 08:40 PM
see Jomo Im a peace maker and smart too...lol....

what ex giant running back also had a brother who won the American league batting title?

name them bothWas it Alex Johnson and Ron Johnson?

fansince69
08-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Was it Alex Johnson and Ron Johnson?

good job...

jomo
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
good job...Johnson was one of the slickest running backs I've seen with the Giants. He used to turn his hips and slither through a hole in the line. After Rodney Hampton, Tiki and Joe Morris, he may be the best I've seen here. AB could be in that group when his career is over.

fansince69
08-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Johnson was one of the slickest running backs I've seen with the Giants. He used to turn his hips and slither through a hole in the line. After Rodney Hampton, Tiki and Joe Morris, he may be the best I've seen here. AB could be in that group when his career is over.

I was 10 when Johnson joined the team ...he was my favorite player as young kid....and one of the few bright spots on some really bad teams.

go #30

zimonami
08-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Johnson was one of the slickest running backs I've seen with the Giants. He used to turn his hips and slither through a hole in the line. After Rodney Hampton, Tiki and Joe Morris, he may be the best I've seen here. AB could be in that group when his career is over.
Agree on AB, jomo. I wonder how many others think of him in that company? To me the entire reason why he belongs is effort... Among all of our backs through the years I think AB gives his most on almost every play. His supreme effort is the only reason he ever fumbles... overextending his reach/control, and it also results in more knicks and tweaks and stress on his feet and body.
I might put Ron 3rd and Joe Morris 4th... only because Joe had the most huge holes to run through that there ever was. In contrast, Ron ran behind gutsy, but small and outmuscled O-lines where a 12 inch crease was all Ron needed to slide through. and Ron had a nice burst once he cleared a hole. Joe Morris was just one speed... quick

SEC105
08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/ronjohnson8x10.jpg

SEC105
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm back in the NY Giants picture business..........WOOOOOOOWHOOOOOO Thank YOU Byron

zimonami
08-10-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm back in the NY Giants picture business..........WOOOOOOOWHOOOOOO Thank YOU Byron
Great news... your old pics were always great, as was the stress on the brain trying to remember their names and numbers.

SEC105
08-10-2012, 12:44 AM
Great news... your old pics were always great, as was the stress on the brain trying to remember their names and numbers.
Thanks Zim.......here's an old one already asked
this one for our GMB leader Y. A.
also my first Giant game with my Dad
What game was this?http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0521/nfl_g_tittle_600.jpg

Z

BROADWAYSTORM
08-10-2012, 01:12 AM
in 2004 Kurt Warner was benched for Eli

against what team was Eli pulled out of the game for Kurt ?

The Ravens in Baltimore. It was a zero rating slaughter and Eli's worst game in his entire life.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-10-2012, 01:15 AM
In the 2000 divisional playoff game what ridiculously outstanding events occurred to help the Giants make it to the NFC championship game and who were the authors of each of these events in particular? And in Philadelphia's lone touchdown, who scored it?

jomo
08-10-2012, 02:13 AM
In the 2000 divisional playoff game what ridiculously outstanding events occurred to help the Giants make it to the NFC championship game and who were the authors of each of these events in particular? And in Philadelphia's lone touchdown, who scored it?Ron Dixon scored a TD on a KO return and Jason (with his pants on) Sehorn scored a TD off an interception. Not sure who scored for Philadelphia. Was it Santa? :)

fansince69
08-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Ron Dixon scored a TD on a KO return and Jason (with his pants on) Sehorn scored a TD off an interception. Not sure who scored for Philadelphia. Was it Santa? :)

it was an amazing interception

fansince69
08-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Ron Dixon scored a TD on a KO return and Jason (with his pants on) Sehorn scored a TD off an interception. Not sure who scored for Philadelphia. Was it Santa? :)

it was an amazing interception.....small scored their TD

jomo
08-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Good to see the DYK thread getting revved up for the season.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Dixon's return was the opening kickoff and Sehorn's int was the most amazing int I have ever seen. Bats it in the air, rolls forward and catches it as he gets on his feet. Someone please post it.

Here's another obscure one. In the same playoffs on their way to the superbowl, what Giants defensive back forced a fumble deep in Minnesota territory on their opening return right after we scored, which led to fullback Greg Comella's amazing td reception (and only one ever I believe).

zimonami
08-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Dixon's return was the opening kickoff and Sehorn's int was the most amazing int I have ever seen. Bats it in the air, rolls forward and catches it as he gets on his feet. Someone please post it.

Here's another obscure one. In the same playoffs on their way to the superbowl, what Giants defensive back forced a fumble deep in Minnesota territory on their opening return right after we scored, which led to fullback Greg Comella's amazing td reception (and only one ever I believe).

I think Lyle West recovered that fumble. I don't know if he forced it.

gmen46
08-10-2012, 04:20 PM

Sehorn Int

http://youtu.be/7u2bqbPdZOs

jomo
08-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Sehorn Int

http://youtu.be/7u2bqbPdZOs Fantastic, just as I remember it!

zimonami
08-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Fantastic, just as I remember it!
Naturally I've seen it over and over again. It's still cool. One of the top ten plays in over 50 years of watching.
When it happened, and he dove and deflected it, you'd have been thrilled with just the INT. Then he came up from the ground for the INT, and then running the TD.
Ultra smooth Sehorn looked like he was flowing in slow mo.
It was almost in the same shock effect category as Tyree's "Catch".

SEC105
08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Naturally I've seen it over and over again. It's still cool. One of the top ten plays in over 50 years of watching.
When it happened, and he dove and deflected it, you'd have been thrilled with just the INT. Then he came up from the ground for the INT, and then running the TD.
Ultra smooth Sehorn looked like he was flowing in slow mo.
It was almost in the same shock effect category as Tyree's "Catch".
Almost Z......but not quite lol Of course we all KNEW Tyree had it all the way ;}
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8067d05e/SB-XLII-Can-t-Miss-Play-Eli-miracle
Z

zimonami
08-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Almost Z......but not quite lol Of course we all KNEW Tyree had it all the way ;}
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8067d05e/SB-XLII-Can-t-Miss-Play-Eli-miracle
Z
Thank you, SEC...
Even "Almost' is a stretch.
I just watched the Catch again, for the 50th time. It is impossible for me to get tired of watching it. The implication is a SB victory.

With Sehorn's play I watch it just to be amazed by his athleticism... and the fact that it helped us beat Philly. As nice as that was, it was not a Super Bowl miracle..

SEC105
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Just kidding Z.......I still can't believe Sehorn made that int. even though I saw it with my own eyes. Only pic I could find
http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2001/0107/photo/a_jsehorn_i.jpg
Z

jomo
08-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Just kidding Z.......I still can't believe Sehorn made that int. even though I saw it with my own eyes. Only pic I could find
http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2001/0107/photo/a_jsehorn_i.jpg
ZIt has been 12 years since that catch and the athleticism of the players today is running well ahead of the norm from back then (time marches on in all sports). What he did on that play is as remarkable today as it was back then,

zimonami
08-13-2012, 06:26 PM
It has been 12 years since that catch and the athleticism of the players today is running well ahead of the norm from back then (time marches on in all sports). What he did on that play is as remarkable today as it was back then,

Actually, it's pretty hilarious when you think about it... we all know Sehorn was a very gifted athlete. That INT was athleticism at its best, in fluid motion.
Remarkable... right?
Well, yeah... Then how come one of the lasting images I'll always have of Jason, when I do hear his name, will be him trying to run while he's holding up his pants in the SuperBowl? Embarrassing for his legacy, eh?
After the game his wife, Angie Harmon was interviewed and angrily said, "Well, you can't expect Jason to hold up his defective uniform AND make all the tackles."

zimonami
08-13-2012, 06:31 PM
that last sentenece should, of course, be in red.

ala mrs Bundchen Brady.

jomo
08-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Actually, it's pretty hilarious when you think about it... we all know Sehorn was a very gifted athlete. That INT was athleticism at its best, in fluid motion.
Remarkable... right?
Well, yeah... Then how come one of the lasting images I'll always have of Jason, when I do hear his name, will be him trying to run while he's holding up his pants in the SuperBowl? Embarrassing for his legacy, eh?
After the game his wife, Angie Harmon was interviewed and angrily said, "Well, you can't expect Jason to hold up his defective uniform AND make all the tackles."lol, it is true that he has a mixed legacy for me and that pants episode is on my short list of Sehorn stories along with the interception and Jim Fassell running him on kick-off returns in a pre-season game resulting in a blown out knee.
He was athletically gifted but he wasn't really a guy's guy was he? He was kind of a new age ball player and I'm not especially drawn to that type. I prefer old school players with a little bit of a chippy side.

zimonami
08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
lol, it is true that he has a mixed legacy for me and that pants episode is on my short list of Sehorn stories along with the interception and Jim Fassell running him on kick-off returns in a pre-season game resulting in a blown out knee.
He was athletically gifted but he wasn't really a guy's guy was he? He was kind of a new age ball player and I'm not especially drawn to that type. I prefer old school players with a little bit of a chippy side.
I was at that preseason game. I see his return pretty clearly. I remember being very nervous before the game because I thought it was an unnecessary risk...
The fates had no other possible outcome considered... "You are really going to risk your best DB on a preseason KO return?? I shall show you who is boss."

zimonami
08-17-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm going to the Wednesday evening preseason game vs the Pats. Not sure what time I can make it to the Lots, but if anyone is interested in hoisting one or two, chime in and we'll arrange to meet. I think jomo makes (2), so far.

jomo
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm going to the Wednesday evening preseason game vs the Pats. Not sure what time I can make it to the Lots, but if anyone is interested in hoisting one or two, chime in and we'll arrange to meet. I think jomo makes (2), so far.It will be the highlight of the evening with nothing but subs playing for the Pats. Go Blue!!

YATittle1962
08-25-2012, 11:12 PM
of the 5 Superbowls the Giants have played in .....how many of those games had a safety take place during the 60 minutes of play ?

ny06
08-25-2012, 11:43 PM
of the 5 Superbowls the Giants have played in .....how many of those games had a safety take place during the 60 minutes of play ?

3 (1986,1990,2011)

zimonami
08-26-2012, 12:39 AM
3 (1986,1990,2011)
I think you're right, 06. Good job

At first I could only remember '86 and 2011, then I remembered Hoss.

zimonami
08-26-2012, 12:40 AM
In our 5 Superbowls... in how many did we lead at half-time?

zimonami
08-26-2012, 12:41 AM
It will be the highlight of the evening with nothing but subs playing for the Pats. Go Blue!!
I think I'll be getting there between 5 and 6.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 07:18 AM
In our 5 Superbowls... in how many did we lead at half-time?

They were behind in all 5 at half time.....

jomo
08-26-2012, 08:41 AM
I think I'll be getting there between 5 and 6. Same here.

zimonami
08-28-2012, 10:08 PM
They were behind in all 5 at half time.....
Good job, 69.
Not bad... a comeback in 4 of the 5.

zimonami
08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Jomo... PM.
Meeting up with jomo tomorrow at about 5 PM... would enjoy hooking up with anyone else going. PM me and I'll exchange phone #'s. First one parked in the lot is where we're headed.

fansince69
08-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Good job, 69.
Not bad... a comeback in 4 of the 5.

Who is the only player in Giant history to score more than 1 touchdown in the Super-bowl?....for the Giants( I do not mean throw touchdown passes I mean actually score)

jomo
08-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Jomo... PM.
Meeting up with jomo tomorrow at about 5 PM... would enjoy hooking up with anyone else going. PM me and I'll exchange phone #'s. First one parked in the lot is where we're headed.Back at you Zim PM. All good for tomorrow. Go Blue!!

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 12:16 AM
I may come guys heads up.

BurnerNYG
08-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Wow this thread is still around? Anyway, sorry for intruding but if any of you old guys lol j/k ever decide to sell some tickets, please let me know...I'm trying to make it to at least 2 games this year. Stubhub has some good prices, I'm just trying to weigh all my options. Thanks.

Roswell777
09-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Getting ready for the new season so here's a question for you guys.

Who is the only player in NFL history to have multiple sacks in more than one Super Bowl?

primetime
09-02-2012, 04:59 PM

Who is the only player in NFL history to have multiple sacks in more than one Super Bowl?

Charles Haley?

jomo
09-02-2012, 05:03 PM

Who is the only player in NFL history to have multiple sacks in more than one Super Bowl?Hey Roswell, good to see you here at DYK.
I think I know this one. On one hand it's not obvious, since it's not LT. On the other hand when I say it, most people would smile, nod their head and say yeah that makes sense. Justin Tuck?

Roswell777
09-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Charles Haley?

Nope. But that's who I would've guessed. I heard this on NFL Network and was really surprised.

Roswell777
09-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey Roswell, good to see you here at DYK.
I think I know this one. On one hand it's not obvious, since it's not LT. On the other hand when I say it, most people would smile, nod their head and say yeah that makes sense. Justin Tuck?

Jomo, I'm smiling and nodding my head. Good job. And it's good to see the DYK thread back up on the "leader board."

jomo
09-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Jomo, I'm smiling and nodding my head. Good job. And it's good to see the DYK thread back up on the "leader board."At first, I was thinking guys at SF like Haley and maybe Joe Green with Pittsburgh since they played so many super Bowls. Then I figured if it's on here at DYK, it was probably a Giant from the 87-90 group or the current one. Then I remembered how well Tuck has played in our 2 Super Bowls, many even thinking he should have been MVP this past season. Anyway, this is a good way to get all revved up for Wednesday night. Go Giants!

Roswell777
09-02-2012, 06:30 PM
At first, I was thinking guys at SF like Haley and maybe Joe Green with Pittsburgh since they played so many super Bowls. Then I figured if it's on here at DYK, it was probably a Giant from the 87-90 group or the current one. Then I remembered how well Tuck has played in our 2 Super Bowls, many even thinking he should have been MVP this past season. Anyway, this is a good way to get all revved up for Wednesday night. Go Giants!

I saw this on a graphic on NFL Network during a replay of preseason game 4 of Giants vs NE. I think I was the only one watching the replay of a 6 - 3 preseason game but at least I learned something.

zimonami
09-02-2012, 10:24 PM
I saw this on a graphic on NFL Network during a replay of preseason game 4 of Giants vs NE. I think I was the only one watching the replay of a 6 - 3 preseason game but at least I learned something.
Good to see ya', Ros.
Yeah... I stayed to the last snap of that 6-3 yawner. Met jomo beforehand, which was excellent. Only for 10 minutes, but it was great to meet the face behind the name and to learn that he's just as great a guy as he always is on here.
Now we need some of the rest of the gang to come back to DYK.
Oh, I went thrugh the Legacy room and saw something... "There were only 3 guys in Giant history to do this... told my son it would be a good DYK quuestion.
Only trouble? I can't remember the question.
Old man zimmy... 3 demerits.

jomo
09-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Good to see ya', Ros.
Yeah... I stayed to the last snap of that 6-3 yawner. Met jomo beforehand, which was excellent. Only for 10 minutes, but it was great to meet the face behind the name and to learn that he's just as great a guy as he always is on here.
Oh, I went thrugh the Legacy room and saw something... "There were only 3 guys in Giant history to do this... told my son it would be a good DYK quuestion.
Old man zimmy... 3 demerits.lol, you are just raising our sense of anticipation!

Roswell777
09-03-2012, 04:08 AM
Good to see ya', Ros.
Old man zimmy... 3 demerits.

Don't worry Zim, it'll come to you in a couple of years lol.

zimonami
09-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Don't worry Zim, it'll come to you in a couple of years lol.
+1
wtf... must lengthen my response to more than 10 characters. or it won't post?
Let's hope there are 10 characters who care about DYK.

Roswell777
09-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Another SB question for you guys...

Longest SB drive in yards not time

Name the team
Name the team it was against
Name the SB it occurred in

Getting you guys in game shape, the season is about to start.

fansince69
09-03-2012, 08:52 PM

so I answer a question correctly... I ask a question(which I understood as the format ) that no one bothers to answer and someone else just jumps in with another question....guess...I dont understand the format

zimonami
09-03-2012, 08:54 PM

Name the team

I believe we have the record, in longest time... SB XXV.
But, I'm stumped on longest yards.

fansince69
09-03-2012, 09:00 PM

Name the team

panthers 98 yards against pats in super bowl 38

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
panthers 98 yards against pats in super bowl 38

No. The Panthers went 95 yards on one drive but the record is 96.

keyofgmen
09-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Bears did it vs Pats SB XX 96 yards

Colts tied against Saints in SB XLIV 96 yards

fansince69
09-04-2012, 10:19 AM

well there are 3 for 96 so youll have to be more specific

Pats against us
85 bears against pats
2009 colts against saints

keyofgmen
09-04-2012, 10:28 AM

Pats against us
85 bears against pats

Mental block out on the Pats vs Giants 96 yard drive !!

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Pats against us
85 bears against pats

You got it. As I was rewatching the last SB when the Patriots drove down the field at the end of the first half and scored, they flashed the graphic that it was the longest TD drive in SB history. So I have to admit that I didn't know that they tied the record. Guess we both learned something today lol

fansince69
09-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Who is the only player in Giant history to score more than 1 touchdown in the Super-bowl?....for the Giants( I do not mean throw touchdown passes I mean actually score)

I asked this a day or so ago no one answered so here it is again....the above question stands

zimonami
09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I asked this a day or so ago no one answered so here it is again....the above question stands
I'll take a stab at OJ Anderson, one in XX1 and one in XXV

fansince69
09-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I'll take a stab at OJ Anderson, one in XX1 and one in XXV

that is the answer..

jomo
09-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Alright, we've got a big game against Dallas tomorrow night so let's try some related trivia.

The Giants once swung a big trade with Dallas. Big Blue received a starting quarterback who didn't do much for us. In return, the Giants sent a number 1 draft choice to the Cowboys. The 'boys used that pick to select a player who would become a Hall of Fame defensive lineman.

Name the quarterback we revceived and the Cowboys DL.

fansince69
09-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Alright, we've got a big game against Dallas tomorrow night so let's try some related trivia.

The Giants once swung a big trade with Dallas. Big Blue received a starting quarterback who didn't do much for us. In return, the Giants sent a number 1 draft choice to the Cowboys. The 'boys used that pick to select a player who would become a Hall of Fame defensive lineman.

Name the quarterback we revceived and the Cowboys DL.

Craig Morton

randy white

keyofgmen
09-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Who is this Giant and what is greatest moment as a Giant?

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/picshelp/image.jpg

fansince69
09-04-2012, 01:46 PM

Im not positive but is it Joe Pasarcik?....if it is....i would hardly call it a greatest moment...the fumble

keyofgmen
09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Im not positive but is it Joe Pasarcik?....if it is....i would hardly call it a greatest moment...the fumble

No way would I put his photo up here!
I'll give a hint later if no one gets it.

jomo
09-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Craig Morton

randy whiteCorrect, probably one that alot of people know but it was cowboy specific.

jomo
09-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I'll give a hint later if no one gets it.Joe Danelo? I recognize that nose lol.
He once kicked 6 field goals in a game, is that it?

keyofgmen
09-04-2012, 02:19 PM

You got it Jomo..

Joe Delano

One of my best moments at Giants Stadium.He stunk for most of game, then Kicked winning FG in OT against Cowboys in last game of Reg season. Then, of all things, we needed Jets to beat Packers the next day to FINALLY make the playoffs. That kick really seemed to change everything for us long suffering fans. A cold day in Dec at Giants Stadium!

jomo
09-04-2012, 02:30 PM
You got it Jomo..

Joe Delano

One of my best moments at Giants Stadium.He stunk for most of game, then Kicked winning FG in OT against Cowboys in last game of Reg season. Then, of all things, we needed Jets to beat Packers the next day to FINALLY make the playoffs. That kick really seemed to change everything for us long suffering fans. A cold day in Dec at Giants Stadium!He had a very strong leg for those days, I know he once held the Giants record for longest field goal of 55 or 56 yards.

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Joe Delano wow. Great job Jomo. Try this...

The 2011 Giants lost four straight games but still won Super Bowl XLVI. How many other teams have accomplished that feat and name them.

jomo
09-04-2012, 02:58 PM

The 2011 Giants lost four straight games but still won Super Bowl XLVI. How many other teams have accomplished that feat and name them.I never forget a nose lol.

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I never forget a nose lol.

That is an all pro nose.

alentown pa
09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll give a hint later if no one gets it.

you say that but in all honesty that fumble, although horrific at the time I would gather, ended up being the turning point for this franchise...things changed after that game and season...just a thought

fansince69
09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
you say that but in all honesty that fumble, although horrific at the time I would gather, ended up being the turning point for this franchise...things changed after that game and season...just a thought

Yes that was a direct cause of the NFL stepping in and setting the Maras up with George young...(so to speak)

alentown pa
09-04-2012, 03:23 PM
When was the last time the giants opened the season up at home against dallas, what year and what was the score of the game?

zimonami
09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I leave for 2 hours and you guys pass me by.
I knew the Craig Morton/Randy White deal, 1976. I hated Craig and never considered him to be a Giant alumni.
I knew Danelo from his Schnozz, same as jomo.
I don't know the answer to the (4) straight losses
But, I'm going to take a stab atour 2007 Giants losing 4 in a row, near the beginning of the season.

zimonami
09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Come Back, YATittle1962!!!

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I leave for 2 hours and you guys pass me by.
I knew the Craig Morton/Randy White deal, 1976. I hated Craig and never considered him to be a Giant alumni.
I knew Danelo from his Schnozz, same as jomo.
I don't know the answer to the (4) straight losses
But, I'm going to take a stab atour 2007 Giants losing 4 in a row, near the beginning of the season.

Zim -

I'm going to let you guys all take a shot at the four loss in a row question but the 2007 Giants never lost four in a row.

alentown pa
09-04-2012, 06:38 PM

The 2011 Giants lost four straight games but still won Super Bowl XLVI. How many other teams have accomplished that feat and name them.

im just gonna guess the 1988 49ers, the 2001 pats...thats all i got

alentown pa
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Come Back, YATittle1962!!!

why did he leave or something?

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
im just gonna guess the 1988 49ers, the 2001 pats...thats all i got

None of those teams lost four straight and still won the Super Bowl. I think the answer might surprise you.

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
If you want a clue you have to watch the Giants 2011 highlight video.

zimonami
09-04-2012, 09:59 PM
why did he leave or something?
He is conspicuous by his absence. I kknow he's always busy... but, that doesn't change the fact that I miss him being here every day..He is the juice that makes this thread GO, and the juicer is near empty.
We also need SEC again, and rbcarpenter is gone and says he can't get back on... so, we need the old blood to hang in there, and we need some new blood to spice things up. I've heard a few peeps say they don't come on here cuz they don't know as much as the older timers. Rubbish... we old timers have asked all our old questions and can't remember anymore. Recently I'm wrong as often as I'm right.. That's why mike was good... she was really exc on anything from '90 to the present.

jomo
09-04-2012, 10:15 PM
He is conspicuous by his absence. I kknow he's always busy... but, that doesn't change the fact that I miss him being here every day..He is the juice that makes this thread GO, and the juicer is near empty.
We also need SEC again, and rbcarpenter is gone and says he can't get back on... so, we need the old blood to hang in there, and we need some new blood to spice things up. I've heard a few peeps say they don't come on here cuz they don't know as much as the older timers. Rubbish... we old timers have asked all our old questions and can't remember anymore. Recently I'm wrong as often as I'm right.. That's why mike was good... she was really exc on anything from '90 to the present.I saw YA on here not that long ago, maybe not this thread but in the last few days on another thread. JMike, where are you girl, we miss you putting us all in our place!

PS just check YA's posting history and he was out there yesterday on other threads. So at least we know he's in the neighborhood if not in the house he built. He'll be here soon.

zimonami
09-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I saw YA on here not that long ago, maybe not this thread but in the last few days on another thread. JMike, where are you girl, we miss you putting us all in our place!

PS just check YA's posting history and he was out there yesterday on other threads. So at least we know he's in the neighborhood if not in the house he built. He'll be here soon.
Yeah, he is around, and he is a mod, so he has limited time. I miss him on here with his good questions, insight, and level headedness (is 'headedness' a word?).
This is the house that YA built.

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Since the new boards have been initiated it tells us the number of times a thread has been viewed. According to that counter, this thread has been viewed over 3 million times. Is that possible?

zimonami
09-05-2012, 12:00 AM
They also gave that info on the old boards. This thread is 3.5 yrs old. wow.
I remember when someone pointed out that it passed the 1 million views status.... but I can't remember if that was a year ago, or whenever...
so, 3 million is very possible.
What gets me is that there are a lot of peeps out there who check it out, but never chime in. Some feel they don't know enough... especially the old stuff.
That's too bad... I wish more new faces would show up... the more the merrier.

zimonami
09-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Also, Ros, I have 2,286 posts on this thread. Do you know how to find that? Go to this thread on your TAGF page, and there's an envelope (probably a pinkish/salmon color) on the left. mouse over that and your number of posts for that thread will show up.

zimonami
09-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Plus, you don't have to have any special knowledge to ask a question on here.
I usually check out the profootball reference.
For example, check this out:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/1985.htm
Within 30 seconds on that page I had a question...
Name the only other (2) Giants, besides Simms, to throw a pass in the 1985 season.
George Adams and Sean Landetta.
Do people think I know that question off the top of my head?
I don't use the reference to answer a question... you're supposed to leave that to someone's real memory... but if it's a hard question that no one seems to answer for a while, I'll look up the answer and state that fact in my answer.
By the way, Ros... I think we're gonna have to go to the references to answer your 4 in a row question.

YATittle1962
09-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Nov. 15 1981 4:00 PM
Redskins @ Giants

Giants lose in OT
two late deadly field goals if you remember

anyway....

Phil Simms started the game and Scott Brunner finished the game.

what happened ?

Roswell777
09-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Also, Ros, I have 2,286 posts on this thread. Do you know how to find that? Go to this thread on your TAGF page, and there's an envelope (probably a pinkish/salmon color) on the left. mouse over that and your number of posts for that thread will show up.

Lol. I don't even know how to put the picture of my sons back under my name.

Roswell777
09-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Plus, you don't have to have any special knowledge to ask a question on here.
I usually check out the profootball reference.
For example, check this out:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/1985.htm
Within 30 seconds on that page I had a question...
Name the only other (2) Giants, besides Simms, to throw a pass in the 1985 season.
George Adams and Sean Landetta.
Do people think I know that question off the top of my head?
I don't use the reference to answer a question... you're supposed to leave that to someone's real memory... but if it's a hard question that no one seems to answer for a while, I'll look up the answer and state that fact in my answer.
By the way, Ros... I think we're gonna have to go to the references to answer your 4 in a row question.

I usually just write down stuff I hear on a show that I think would make a good question for you guys. As far as my question of the four losses in a row, I heard it on the 2011 highlight video. I'm not sure you can find that in the references.

zimonami
09-05-2012, 01:08 AM
I usually just write down stuff I hear on a show that I think would make a good question for you guys. As far as my question of the four losses in a row, I heard it on the 2011 highlight video. I'm not sure you can find that in the references.
I watched that, but didn't pick out that reference.
But, since it was mentioned in the 2011 SB, I'll say the Patriots of 2011.

zimonami
09-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Nov. 15 1981 4:00 PM
Redskins @ Giants

Giants lose in OT
two late deadly field goals if you remember

anyway....

Phil Simms started the game and Scott Brunner finished the game.

what happened ?
You just snuck in...
Great to CYA, YA.
Is that the game where Phil smashed his thumb on a helmet on a follow-through?

fansince69
09-05-2012, 06:59 AM
You just snuck in...
Great to CYA, YA.

Pretty sure it was

Roswell777
09-05-2012, 08:38 AM

Ok here's the answer

The answer is none. No team has ever lost four in a row in the regular season and gone on to win the SB in that season before the 2011 Giants did. They were the first.

jomo
09-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Ok here's the answer

The answer is none. No team has ever lost four in a row in the regular season and gone on to win the SB in that season before the 2011 Giants did. They were the first.I never knew that before but heard it mentioned on the NFL Network last night. (Americas Game).I would have guessed it had happened before.

Roswell777
09-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Finally stumped Jomo. Wow, you're slowing down. I guess it was all those personal appearances during the off season with Victor Cruz lol.

Former Giant Tom Landry is well known for accomplishing something very special with respect to NFL opening day. What was his unbelievable accomplishment with another team?

alentown pa
09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
We also need SEC again, and rbcarpenter is gone and says he can't get back on... so, we need the old blood to hang in there, and we need some new blood to spice things up. I've heard a few peeps say they don't come on here cuz they don't know as much as the older timers. Rubbish... we old timers have asked all our old questions and can't remember anymore. Recently I'm wrong as often as I'm right.. That's why mike was good... she was really exc on anything from '90 to the present.

yea I miss SEC105 posts too...he always had cool pictures of old time players.

YATittle1962
09-07-2012, 06:25 PM
You just snuck in...
Great to CYA, YA.
wasn't the thumb to helmet game

he got hit by a rookie wearing the number Osi wears and separated his shoulder

who was that rookie?

zimonami
09-07-2012, 08:40 PM
wasn't the thumb to helmet game

he got hit by a rookie wearing the number Osi wears and separated his shoulder

who was that rookie?
Ahhhh.... Dexter Womanly