PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

YATittle1962
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
all your calls on #72 are great..........did Jim Prestel wear #72 when he was a Giant for about a second?...haha

Z

zimonami
04-27-2009, 10:32 PM
all your calls on #72 are great..........did Jim Prestel wear #72 when he was a Giant for about a second?...haha

Z

</P>

Wow, good one YA.I don't remember that name at all, so I looked it up... sure enough, Jim Prestel, for one year, 1966, at Left Defensive Tackle. I'm surprised I didn't remember... Prestel... I would have thought Pretzel. I always thought, "Joe Taffoni, no baloney (here's a non-Giant related question... why is it bolgna, and not baloney? Some one was playing with our language.)</P>

I'm hoping Osi will wear the number about 7-8 more years for us</P>

YATittle1962
04-27-2009, 10:37 PM

Z

</p>

Wow, good one YA.I don't remember that name at all, so I looked it up... sure enough, Jim Prestel, for one year, 1966, at Left Defensive Tackle. I'm surprised I didn't remember... Prestel... I would have thought Pretzel. I always thought, "Joe Taffoni, no baloney (here's a non-Giant related question... why is it bolgna, and not baloney? Some one was playing with our language.)</p>

I'm hoping Osi will wear the number about 7-8 more years for us</p>

I think it si named after a city in Italy...something like that.......

who had the most kick off return yards in 1967?
who had the most punt return yards in 1967?

napier23
04-27-2009, 10:41 PM

Z

</P>

Wow, good one YA.I don't remember that name at all, so I looked it up... sure enough, Jim Prestel, for one year, 1966, at Left Defensive Tackle. I'm surprised I didn't remember... Prestel... I would have thought Pretzel. I always thought, "Joe Taffoni, no baloney (here's a non-Giant related question... why is it bolgna, and not baloney? Some one was playing with our language.)</P>

I'm hoping Osi will wear the number about 7-8 more years for us</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>I think it si named after a city in Italy...something like that.......
</FONT>

</P>

Endless knowledge my friend!</P>

YATittle1962
04-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Z

</p>

Wow, good one YA.I don't remember that name at all, so I looked it up... sure enough, Jim Prestel, for one year, 1966, at Left Defensive Tackle. I'm surprised I didn't remember... Prestel... I would have thought Pretzel. I always thought, "Joe Taffoni, no baloney (here's a non-Giant related question... why is it bolgna, and not baloney? Some one was playing with our language.)</p>

I'm hoping Osi will wear the number about 7-8 more years for us</p>

<font color="#0000ff">I think it si named after a city in Italy...something like that.......
</font>

</p>

Endless knowledge my friend!</p>

am I right?...........its a guess.....

....isnt most cold cut deli meat named after a city in Italy.....hahahaha

zimonami
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
lol... another good call, YA. It is named after Bologna, Italy... But, they pronounce it Balonia, not baloney.</P>

I think Clarence Childs was out kick return guy that year, but I haven't got a clue on Punt returns</P>

YATittle1962
04-27-2009, 11:46 PM
lol... another good call, YA. It is named after Bologna, Italy... But, they pronounce it Balonia, not baloney.</p>

I think Clarence Childs was out kick return guy that year, but I haven't got a clue on Punt returns</p>

Childs is right on...and Im pretty sure Spider was returning most punts

YATittle1962
04-28-2009, 12:08 AM
who led the team in interceptions with 7 in 1978?

Z

Roswell777
04-28-2009, 06:30 AM
lol... another good call, YA. It is named after Bologna, Italy... But, they pronounce it* Balonia, not* baloney.</p>

I think Clarence Childs was out kick return guy that year, but I haven't got a clue on Punt returns</p>

I might be dating myself here (but that's ok, in high school, I dated myself plenty) but the earliest memory I have of the Giants was when I was a little kid and Childs returned a kickoff back for a TD against the Browns, but I'm not sure it was the Browns. Had to be '63, '64.

Roswell777
04-28-2009, 06:37 AM
You know, one of the main reasons why this thread is awesome is because the name Joe Taffoni is discussed. I'm not sure but I think there's room on the web for JoeTaffoni.com, a mellow site where his fans can go and remember the glory days.

Bleedin Blue Since '62
04-28-2009, 07:42 AM
lol... another good call, YA. It is named after Bologna, Italy... But, they pronounce it Balonia, not baloney.</P>

I think Clarence Childs was out kick return guy that year, but I haven't got a clue on Punt returns</P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=5>I might be dating myself here</FONT> (but that's ok, in high school, I dated myself plenty) but the earliest memory I have of the Giants was when I was a little kid and Childs returned a kickoff back for a TD against the Browns, but I'm not sure it was the Browns. Had to be '63, '64.</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff1493 size=4>"Hey bro relax! Nothing wrong with dating yourself as long as you still see other people !"</FONT></P>

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/jpalumbo77/GAILOGRADY2.jpg</P>

YATittle1962
04-28-2009, 11:00 AM
when Marty Schottenheimer was linebacker coach......what member of the Giants front office had his car towed from the lot at Giants Stadium during a game?

Z
<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading">
</h1>

YATittle1962
04-28-2009, 09:23 PM
when Marty Schottenheimer was linebacker coach......what member of the Giants front office had his car towed from the lot at Giants Stadium during a game?

Z
<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading">
</h1>

wheres my guys?

zimonami
04-28-2009, 10:47 PM

Z

<H1 class=firstHeading id=firstHeading>
</H1>

</P>

I'm here. This is really difficult. Schottenheimer was LB coach in '75 and '76 under Arnsparger and McVay. Who was in the fron office then? Robustelli might have been GM during that time, so I'll say Andy Robustelli.</P>

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 01:14 AM

Z

<h1 class="firstHeading" id="firstHeading">
</h1>

</p>

I'm here. This is really difficult. Schottenheimer was LB coach in '75 and '76 under Arnsparger and McVay. Who was in the fron office then? Robustelli might have been GM during that time, so I'll say Andy Robustelli.</p>

wow ..close Zimmy......

it was Andys arch enemy Tim Mara.......I always thought he was a real dirt bag.....

he had no interest in football...just money......

he did something terrible to snub Wellington at the white house when the team was invited after the '86 win..............

anyone know what happened?

it was something that deeply embarrassed Well and I believe he carried it with him and never forgave Tim till the day he passed.

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 01:02 PM

Z

<h1 class="firstHeading" id="firstHeading">
</h1>

</p>

I'm here. This is really difficult. Schottenheimer was LB coach in '75 and '76 under Arnsparger and McVay. Who was in the fron office then? Robustelli might have been GM during that time, so I'll say Andy Robustelli.</p>

wow ..close Zimmy......

it was Andys arch enemy Tim Mara.......I always thought he was a real dirt bag.....

he had no interest in football...just money......

he did something terrible to snub Wellington at the white house when the team was invited after the '86 win..............

anyone know what happened?

it was something that deeply embarrassed Well and I believe he carried it with him and never forgave Tim till the day he passed.

was just going through some old stuff and came across the original program that was given out on the day Giants Stadium opened......its still in the original wrap to...I must have put it away not long after that day and forgotten about it.....thought you would like to see pics.....took them with my phone so they are not great.....
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1725/program.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2538/program2.jpg

the above question is still out there to...........

SEC105
04-29-2009, 02:53 PM
What happened to the Yale Bowl photo in those pictures LOL[;)]</P>

Can't recall what happened between Well and Tim @ The Whitehouse but interested to find out</P>

What WR lead the Giants in receptions caught during the 1975 season?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
What happened to the Yale Bowl photo in those pictures LOL[;)]</p>

Can't recall what happened between Well and Tim @ The Whitehouse but interested to find out</p>

What WR lead the Giants in receptions caught during the 1975 season?</p>

Z</p>

thats a tough one.......hmmm 75?.....

I want to say Bob Tucker but you said WR...so .....I am thinking it was the guy we aquired that year or the year before.....Walker Gillette.....?????

when they went to the Whitehouse after the 86 win....Tim Maras people ...who took care of the business side of things for the NYG had written the presentation speach for President Reagan.....

when it came time for Reagan to speak, without him knowing the signifigance of it... he presented.....(whatever they present to teams)...to GM George Young......and not President Well Mara.....

Tim strategically planned it that way to burn Wellington ....

i think that burned inside Well all the way to his grave.....

SEC105
04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
What happened to the Yale Bowl photo in those pictures LOL[;)]</P>

Can't recall what happened between Well and Tim @ The Whitehouse but interested to find out</P>

What WR lead the Giants in receptions caught during the 1975 season?</P>

Z</P>

I want to say Bob Tucker but you said WR...so .....I am thinking it was the guy we aquired that year or the year before.....Walker Gillette.....?????

when they went to the Whitehouse after the 86 win....Tim Maras people ...who took care of the business side of things for the NYG had written the presentation speach for President Reagan.....

when it came time for Reagan to speak, without him knowing the signifigance of it... he presented.....(whatever they present to teams)...to GM George Young......and not President Well Mara.....

</P>

Walkers correct nice call</P>

Jeez I heard the divide was deep between Well and Tim but did'nt realize that deep. Just plain mean</P>

What was the nickname of the Giants 86 offensive line , some said because of there well dressed appearance</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
04-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I got one for you guys. There's talk of Nicks getting #88 from Matthews. That got me thinking about all those WRs and TEs that were #88. How many can you come up with?

Roswell777
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
What happened to the Yale Bowl photo in those pictures LOL[;)]</p>

Can't recall what happened between Well and Tim @ The Whitehouse but interested to find out</p>

What WR lead the Giants in receptions caught during the 1975 season?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Walkers correct nice call</p>

Jeez I heard the divide was deep between Well and Tim but did'nt realize that deep. Just plain mean</p>

What was the nickname of the Giants 86 offensive line , some said because of there well dressed appearance</p>

Z</p>

The Suburbanites.

SEC105
04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
I got one for you guys. There's talk of Nicks getting #88 from Matthews. That got me thinking about all those WRs and TEs that were #88. How many can you come up with?

</P>

Aaron Thomas wasone I think</P>

Was the player who led the team in interceptions in 78 with 7Terry Jackson?</P>

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 07:42 PM

I gotta tell ya Im usually great at this but this is a tough one.........

I been racking my brain for about a half hour and this is what Ive come up with.

Aaron Thomas
Mike Friede....I think..this one could be wrong
Bobby Johnson
Mike Sherrard
Ike Hilliard
Michael Matthews

I know there were more....but thats all I can think of

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 08:00 PM

</p>

Aaron Thomas wasone I think</p>

Was the player who led the team in interceptions in 78 with 7Terry Jackson?</p>

dead on

jints10
04-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Whats up guys had alot of work the last couple of days, looked in a few times though nice questions.
I really dont know any other #88's so.......

Easy one to get back in the swing:
What is the football called ( it is written on every official NFL ball) and why?

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Whats up guys had alot of work the last couple of days, looked in a few times though nice questions.

What is the football called ( it is written on every official NFL ball) and why?

thats "the Duke" my friend....

named for Well Mara.......they stopped calling it that for a bunch of years....then I think when he passed they put it back on the ball........

the ole Duke....

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
are there any QBs in the hall of fame without a championship?

...and if so who are they?

NY_Eli
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM

lots

Dan Marino
George Blanda
Dan Fouts
Warren Moon

just to name a few

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 10:22 PM

lots

Dan Marino
George Blanda
Dan Fouts
Warren Moon

just to name a few

you forgot one very important one.......[;)]

zimonami
04-29-2009, 10:59 PM

lots Dan Marino George Blanda Dan Fouts Warren Moon just to name a few

</P>

That would be Fran Tarkenton, YA</P>

I totally forgot that Wellington/Tim Mara story...TY. I always disliked Tim (I hate to say that about anyone that I don't really know, but I always thoughtthe Gmen suffered because of Tim, and washappy Rozelle stepped in to help get us George Young... forced Young down Tim's throat. I'm also glad it was his car, and not Andy's, that got towed... couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.</P>

Hanging in there... bad days and good... you guys make them better... TY all</P>

YATittle1962
04-29-2009, 11:12 PM

</p>

That would be Fran Tarkenton, YA</p>

I totally forgot that Wellington/Tim Mara story...TY. I always disliked Tim (I hate to say that about anyone that I don't really know, but I always thoughtthe Gmen suffered because of Tim, and washappy Rozelle stepped in to help get us George Young... forced Young down Tim's throat. I'm also glad it was his car, and not Andy's, that got towed... couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.</p>

Hanging in there... bad days and good... you guys make them better... TY all</p>

Glad to hear we are of help buddy.....

yeah thats right Fran as well.....

...but I was thinking if my man Y.A.

zimonami
04-29-2009, 11:55 PM

</P>

That would be Fran Tarkenton, YA</P>

I totally forgot that Wellington/Tim Mara story...TY. I always disliked Tim (I hate to say that about anyone that I don't really know, but I always thoughtthe Gmen suffered because of Tim, and washappy Rozelle stepped in to help get us George Young... forced Young down Tim's throat. I'm also glad it was his car, and not Andy's, that got towed... couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.</P>

Hanging in there... bad days and good... you guys make them better... TY all</P>

</P>

Wow, I feel like a fool. I just thought..."Yeah, YA... brilliant in '61, '62, and '63... he won a championship," totally forgetting we didn't. If anyone ever deserved one, he did</P>

YATittle1962
04-30-2009, 12:26 AM

</p>

That would be Fran Tarkenton, YA</p>

I totally forgot that Wellington/Tim Mara story...TY. I always disliked Tim (I hate to say that about anyone that I don't really know, but I always thoughtthe Gmen suffered because of Tim, and washappy Rozelle stepped in to help get us George Young... forced Young down Tim's throat. I'm also glad it was his car, and not Andy's, that got towed... couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.</p>

Hanging in there... bad days and good... you guys make them better... TY all</p>

</p>

Wow, I feel like a fool. I just thought..."Yeah, YA... brilliant in '61, '62, and '63... he won a championship," totally forgetting we didn't. If anyone ever deserved one, he did</p>

without a doubt the old bald eagle deserved a championship,,,, and I believe he would have gotten it in 63 if Larry Morris didnt land on his knee.......

jints10
04-30-2009, 02:34 AM

thats "the Duke" my friend....

named for Well Mara.......they stopped calling it that for a bunch of years....then I think when he passed they put it back on the ball........

the ole Duke....

Heck yea YA thats right always love "the duke"

jints10
04-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Who was the famous #7 of the Giants?

Roswell777
04-30-2009, 10:15 AM

I gotta tell ya Im usually great at this but this is a tough one.........

I been racking my brain for about a half hour and this is what Ive come up with.

Aaron Thomas
Mike Friede....I think..this one could be wrong
Bobby Johnson
Mike Sherrard
Ike Hilliard
Michael Matthews

I know there were more....but thats all I can think of

I can't think of any others but I have to think that there must have been one between Sherrad and Hilliard. Great job. I'm not positive but Friede might have been #85 but when I read Friede's name on the list it seemed right.

I just checked and you're right. Friede was #88.

YATittle1962
04-30-2009, 11:33 AM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

name all the positions Joe Morrison played for the Giants over his 14 great years...

SEC105
04-30-2009, 03:02 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

name all the positions Joe Morrison played for the Giants over his 14 great years...
</P>

I'll take a shot Morrison played HB , FB , TE , WR and QB anymore positions?</P>

The 88 of Bobby Johnson was a good call. The next play the Giants ran after 4th and 17? It was not the field goal</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
04-30-2009, 03:05 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

</p>

I'll take a shot Morrison played HB , FB , TE , WR and QB anymore positions?</p>

The 88 of Bobby Johnson was a good call. The next play the Giants ran after 4th and 17? It was not the field goal</p>

Z</p>

Joe also played some D back.........

what game we talking about with the 4th and 17?.......

Z

SEC105
04-30-2009, 03:37 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

</P>

I'll take a shot Morrison played HB , FB , TE , WR and QB anymore positions?</P>

The 88 of Bobby Johnson was a good call. The next play the Giants ran after 4th and 17? It was not the field goal</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Giants@ Minnesota 1986 about90 seconds left ..........4th and 17 for the Giants.........................Simms hits Bobby Johnsonon the sideline for the first down.........the play after that one to set up Allegre for game winning FG?</P>

Z

Joe also played some D back.........

what game we talking about with the 4th and 17?.......

Z
</P>

jints10
04-30-2009, 04:50 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

Mel Hein it was.

After the 4th and 17 just a guess Joe Morris up the middle to set up the hashmark for Allergre(sp)

SEC105
04-30-2009, 05:06 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

Mel Hein it was.

After the 4th and 17 just a guess Joe Morris up the middle to set up the hashmark for Allergre(sp)
</P>

That was the play Morris put it right where Allegre wanted to kick from.</P>

Nov 1988 vs the Eagles @ Giants StadiumOT On the infamous Blocked FGkick at the end of the game where the Eagles shocked us with a score. What Eagle grabbed the blocked kick and scored the TD and who blocked the kick for us?</P>

Z</P>

for us??</P>

jints10
04-30-2009, 06:31 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

Mel Hein it was.

</p>

That was the play Morris put it right where Allegre wanted to kick from.</p>

Nov 1988 vs the Eagles @ Giants StadiumOT On the infamous Blocked FGkick at the end of the game where the Eagles shocked us with a score. What Eagle grabbed the blocked kick and scored the TD and who blocked the kick for us?</p>

Z</p>

for us??</p>
Clyde Simmons returned it, Cant remember who blocked it was it LT?

SEC105
04-30-2009, 08:37 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

Mel Hein it was.

</P>

That was the play Morris put it right where Allegre wanted to kick from.</P>

Nov 1988 vs the Eagles @ Giants StadiumOT On the infamous Blocked FGkick at the end of the game where the Eagles shocked us with a score. What Eagle grabbed the blocked kick and scored the TD and who blocked the kick for us?</P>

Z</P>

for us??</P>

</P>

Correct on Simmons and it was LT who blocked it</P>

What was the date George Young became GM of the New York Football Giants</P>

Z</P>

jints10
04-30-2009, 09:57 PM

you mean Mel Hein?.....

now thats old school....

Mel Hein it was.

</p>

That was the play Morris put it right where Allegre wanted to kick from.</p>

Nov 1988 vs the Eagles @ Giants StadiumOT On the infamous Blocked FGkick at the end of the game where the Eagles shocked us with a score. What Eagle grabbed the blocked kick and scored the TD and who blocked the kick for us?</p>

Z</p>

for us??</p>

</p>

Correct on Simmons and it was LT who blocked it</p>

What was the date George Young became GM of the New York Football Giants</p>

Z</p>
George Young was hired by the Giants on Valentines's Day 1979.

YATittle1962
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
wow...I missed some really good stuff.....damn!

I gotta stop leaving the house....

who beat the Giants in the divisional round of the '89 playoffs?

.....and how many TD-INT did Simms have...?
.....quick off the top of your head........

jints10
05-01-2009, 08:48 AM
wow...I missed some really good stuff.....damn!

I gotta stop leaving the house....

who beat the Giants in the divisional round of the '89 playoffs?

.....and how many TD-INT did Simms have...?
.....quick off the top of your head........

That was the Flipper Anderson game so it was the Rams
Simms had 0 TDs and 1 Int, I think.

Roswell777
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure if this was asked already, if it was, my apologies. Who holds the Giant record for longest pass play for a TD in Giants history?

jints10
05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure if this was asked already, if it was, my apologies. Who holds the Giant record for longest pass play for a TD in Giants history?

Gotta be Homer Jones, I know he had like a 98 yarder. I think it was Earl Moral that threw it.

Who scored the most points ever in the history of the Giants?

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 11:58 AM

Gotta be Homer Jones, I know he had like a 98 yarder. I think it was Earl Moral that threw it.

good morning fellas...I just dragged myself out of bed...

gotta be the original soccer style kicker Pete Gogolak......

who has the most all purpose yards in Giant history...

jints10
05-01-2009, 01:11 PM

good morning fellas...I just dragged myself out of bed...

gotta be the original soccer style kicker Pete Gogolak......

who has the most all purpose yards in Giant history...

Thats right YA GoGo....Gogolak

Gota be Tiki Barber for the most all purpose yards.

SEC105
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Nice article on Brad Benson today in "Newsday" [Long Island]......................it answers the question what wasthe nickname of the 86 offensive line. Any takers

jints10
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Nice article on Brad Benson today in "Newsday" [Long Island]......................it answers the question what wasthe nickname of the 86 offensive line. Any takers
This one was asked a few days ago "The Suburbanites".

SEC105
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
</P>

I asked it but did'nt see it answered Who did Parcels hire in 1984 as his strenght and conditioning Coach?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-01-2009, 04:24 PM
</p>

I asked it but did'nt see it answered Who did Parcels hire in 1984 as his strenght and conditioning Coach?</p>

Z</p>
Was it Johnny Parker or did he come in later?

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 04:35 PM
</p>

I asked it but did'nt see it answered Who did Parcels hire in 1984 as his strenght and conditioning Coach?</p>

Z</p>

thats tough.........ill take a stab.......

John Parker......?.......prob not.....

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Jerry Hillebrand wore an odd number for a Linebacker.......what was it?

Z

SEC105
05-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Z
</P>

It was Johnny Parker in 1984</P>

Wild Guess on Hillenbrands number 63?</P>

At what game did the plane come flying around Giants Stadium towing the banner "15 Years of Lousy Football We've Had enough"?</P>

Z</P>

jints10
05-01-2009, 05:09 PM

Z
</p>

It was Johnny Parker in 1984</p>

Wild Guess on Hillenbrands number 63?</p>

At what game did the plane come flying around Giants Stadium towing the banner "15 Years of Lousy Football We've Had enough"?</p>

Z</p>
That is a tough one even though I was there. Was it the St. Louis Cardinals game at the end of "78"?

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 05:42 PM

Z
</p>

At what game did the plane come flying around Giants Stadium towing the banner "15 Years of Lousy Football We've Had enough"?</p>

Z</p>
That is a tough one even though I was there. Was it the St. Louis Cardinals game at the end of "78"?

that sounds right to me........
I was there to......I remember I couldnt tell what it said .........when someone told me ...I agreed...haha...

Hillebrand wasnt 63.............guess again.....

Roswell777
05-01-2009, 05:47 PM

Believe it or not, I don't think it was. I think it was Hoss to Baker.

jints10
05-01-2009, 05:53 PM

Z
</p>

Z</p>

I was there to......I remember I couldnt tell what it said .........when someone told me ...I agreed...haha...

Hillebrand wore #87

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Z
</p>

Z</p>

Hillebrand wore #87

nice......kinda strange for a LB right.......

then again Van Pelt was #10...so.....

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 06:01 PM
who was the Giants punter in 1967?

Z

jints10
05-01-2009, 06:03 PM

Believe it or not, I don't think it was. I think it was Hoss to Baker.

Nah Baker's longest recp. was an 85 yarder
LT had a 97 yarder on a pass play though. (int return)

jints10
05-01-2009, 06:09 PM

Z

Earl Moral the backup QB to Fran the man

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Z

Morall did some punting but another player took on most of the punting duties.....who was it?

..it was from 65 to 69 I think......

jints10
05-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Z

Morall did some punting but another player took on most of the punting duties.....who was it?

I thought you were going for a trick question there YA with the "67" I knew Moral did some that year
Is it Ernie Koy
If you put down "66" I would have said Spider Lockhart, he punted too

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Z

I thought you were going for a trick question there YA with the "67" I knew Moral did some that year
Is it Ernie Koy

its so funny that it wasnt strange then at all.......

..but I could never imagine Brandon Jacobs or Kenny Phillips punting......hahahahaahah

who did Andy Robustelli want to promote to head coach after McVay at the end of the 78 season?

.....this guy wanted the job and Andy wanted him to have it...but Andy told him it wouldnt look good .

jints10
05-01-2009, 08:28 PM

Z

Is it Ernie Koy

..but I could never imagine Brandon Jacobs or Kenny Phillips punting......hahahahaahah

who did Andy Robustelli want to promote to head coach after McVay at the end of the 78 season?

.....this guy wanted the job and Andy wanted him to have it...but Andy told him it wouldnt look good .

YA ya really got me on this one, and I even looked it up. I'll just have to wait and see if Zim or 105 can come up with the answer.
Again heck of a question YA!
I'll just throw a wild one out there was it Frank Gifford?

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 09:16 PM

Z

Is it Ernie Koy

YA ya really got me on this one, and I even looked it up. I'll just have to wait and see if Zim or 105 can come up with the answer.
Again heck of a question YA!
I'll just throw a wild one out there was it Frank Gifford?

Ill tell you what jints.......you are not far off........

i didnt want to give too much away but....the reason Andy didnt push for him was because of the track record of ex Giants coaching the team at the time....he said it just wouldnt look good...and he would be done before he coached a game.....

zimonami
05-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Z

Is it Ernie Koy

</P>

Modzelewski was a D coach at Cleveland for a long time, then moved to Cinci in '77 or '78. He was with them when they went to the SB against SF in '81. Anyways, he was a pretty decent coach, so I'll say Andy wanted to give the job to Mo.</P>

Got Kris back home. She is doing well... speech and comprehension aren't great, but as long as she can be happy that's all I care about. Again, thank you for your support... you guys are the best.</P>

YATittle1962
05-01-2009, 11:24 PM

Z

Is it Ernie Koy

</p>

Modzelewski was a D coach at Cleveland for a long time, then moved to Cinci in '77 or '78. He was with them when they went to the SB against SF in '81. Anyways, he was a pretty decent coach, so I'll say Andy wanted to give the job to Mo.</p>

Got Kris back home. She is doing well... speech and comprehension aren't great, but as long as she can be happy that's all I care about. Again, thank you for your support... you guys are the best.</p>

good call Zimmy....it was Mo.....

glad to hear things are going well.......

keep that head up friend........

jints10
05-02-2009, 08:30 AM

Z

Is it Ernie Koy

</p>

Modzelewski was a D coach at Cleveland for a long time, then moved to Cinci in '77 or '78. He was with them when they went to the SB against SF in '81. Anyways, he was a pretty decent coach, so I'll say Andy wanted to give the job to Mo.</p>

Got Kris back home. She is doing well... speech and comprehension aren't great, but as long as she can be happy that's all I care about. Again, thank you for your support... you guys are the best.</p>

good call Zimmy....it was Mo.....

glad to hear things are going well.......

keep that head up friend........

See there I knew that Zim would know that one, and I like the way he went about it using logic.

Its good to hear that things are going relatively well for Kris, Zim. I'm sure that being home in her own bed will do wonders for her moral. Stay strong and know that you can always come here to your Giants internet friends for a break, and a kind word.

keyofgmen
05-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Did ya know this Giant player is credited with the 1st "spike" of the ball in the endzone?

jints10
05-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Did ya know this Giant player is credited with the 1st "spike" of the ball in the endzone?
That would be Homer Jones

YATittle1962
05-02-2009, 08:59 AM
who can call YA Tittles path to... and through the NFL.......?

...College...team that drafted him....teams he played for....

Z

keyofgmen
05-02-2009, 09:03 AM

I remember him getting jumped and pounded on by several players in the back of the endzone by the opposing team. This team was?

jints10
05-02-2009, 09:24 AM

Z

I know that he went to LSU and we got him from the 9ers......did he play for anyone else?

jints10
05-02-2009, 09:25 AM

I remember him getting jumped and pounded on by several players in the back of the endzone by the opposing team. This team was?
I'm thinking Redskins?

SEC105
05-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I remember him getting jumped and pounded on by several players in the back of the endzone by the opposing team. This team was?</P>

If this the one I'm thinking of it was the brand new New Orleans Saintsand in the middle of the big fight what did Homer do. Also what Giant started it?</P>

Stay strong Z</P>

SEC105
05-02-2009, 09:50 AM

Z

I know that he went to LSU and we got him from the 9ers......did he play for anyone else?
</P>

I agree with Jints 10 He went to LSU but I don't recall YA playing for any other teams other than the Giants and 49ers.. ........Just thinking maybe he started out with the Rams?</P>

keyofgmen
05-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I remember him getting jumped and pounded on by several players in the back of the endzone by the opposing team. This team was?</P>

If this the one I'm thinking of it was the brand new New Orleans Saints*and in the middle of the big fight what did Homer do. Also what Giant started it?</P>

Stay strong Z</P>

That's right..Saints (?1968) I can't recall exactly what happened, but I think he spiked ball after TD or something and like 4 or 5 Saints jumped on him and pounded him. I remember my mother using many a four letter word at the "dirty" Saints.

YATittle1962
05-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Z

</p>

I agree with Jints 10 He went to LSU but I don't recall YA playing for any other teams other than the Giants and 49ers.. ........Just thinking maybe he started out with the Rams?</p>

he was drafted by Detroit....but before the season started he was in Baltimore...

...after 3 seasons in Baltimore he was traded to the 9ers........

...then traded to the Giants ...and the rest is history........

in 1985 filling in for Zeke Mowat ...who was it against that Mark Bavaro scored his first NFL touchdown?

Z

jints10
05-03-2009, 07:31 AM

Z

</p>

I agree with Jints 10 He went to LSU but I don't recall YA playing for any other teams other than the Giants and 49ers.. ........Just thinking maybe he started out with the Rams?</p>

he was drafted by Detroit....but before the season started he was in Baltimore...

in 1985 filling in for Zeke Mowat ...who was it against that Mark Bavaro scored his first NFL touchdown?

Z

Bavaro always tore up the Eagles so I'll say them.

keyofgmen
05-03-2009, 09:36 AM

Z

</p>

I agree with Jints 10**** He went to LSU but I don't recall YA playing for any other teams other than the Giants and 49ers.. ........Just thinking maybe he started out with the Rams?</p>

Z

Sept 29th 1985 in Philly. 26 yd pass from Simms. Giants won in OT by a PICK6 by Elvis Patterson. Too bad Bavaro retired as an Eagle!

zimonami
05-03-2009, 09:41 AM

Z

</P>

I agree with Jints 10 He went to LSU but I don't recall YA playing for any other teams other than the Giants and 49ers.. ........Just thinking maybe he started out with the Rams?</P>

Z

Sept 29th 1985 in Philly. 26 yd pass from Simms. Giants won in OT by a PICK6 by Elvis Patterson. Too bad Bavaro retired as an Eagle!</P>

Downright despicable that he would wear the Eagle green. ut he had that rutal knee which our doctors wouldn't pass, and Bavaro wanted to play. In my memory, he will never wear green. Only Blue. Hisrumble against SF will always be one of my all time top 3 memories in Giant Lore</P>

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Z

</p>

Z

Sept 29th 1985 in Philly. 26 yd pass from Simms. Giants won in OT by a PICK6 by Elvis Patterson. Too bad Bavaro retired as an Eagle!

Nice call........

I agree I hated him in green.........he will always wear blue to me......

....ok so....heres a pretty easy recent one to get the juices flowing........

who did Eli Manning complete his first NFL touchdown to?..........

who was is against? .....

...and who kicked the extra point?...........

try to go right off the top of your head.......

Z

mcbreen3rd
05-03-2009, 12:01 PM
shockey, falcons, feely???</P>

maybe toomer?</P>

mcbreen3rd
05-03-2009, 12:16 PM
who was it????

KrisToeFur
05-03-2009, 12:30 PM
lol

KrisToeFur
lolololololol

KrisToeFur
i no

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 02:17 PM
shockey, falcons, feely???</p>

maybe toomer?</p>

2 parts are right......try again

mcbreen3rd
05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
i wanna say it was a different kicker........but i cant remember who we had before feely

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 02:39 PM
i wanna say it was a different kicker........but i cant remember who we had before feely

it was a different kicker.......hint.......he was a long time Buffalo Bill

mcbreen3rd
05-03-2009, 02:40 PM
was it christy or something like that....... or bryant!!!!

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 02:45 PM

Steve Christie it was.......nice call brother.........

....ok.....im diggin in the crates now........

in week 12 of the 1985 season against the Cardinals......2 D linemen made great plays on the same play toward the end of the blowout........

one got a hand up and blocked the Lomax pass.....and the other grabbed it out of the air and ran it in for a 56 TD........

who were the D linemen ? ......

...and which player was responsible for which part of the play?

Z

keyofgmen
05-03-2009, 02:54 PM
was it christy or something like that....... or bryant!!!!**

in week 12 of the 1985 season against the Cardinals......2 D linemen made great plays on the same play toward the end of the blowout........

one got a hand up and blocked the Lomax pass.....and the other grabbed it out of the air and ran it in for a 56 TD........

Z

I know it was George Martin, but would have to guess (or look up) at the other.

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Z

yup ole George picked it off and showed the young pups how it was done.....

......anyone know who tipped it?

keyofgmen
05-03-2009, 03:01 PM
was it christy or something like that....... or bryant!!!!**

Z

yup ole George picked it off and showed the young pups how it was done.....

......anyone know who tipped it?

I'll hold off on guessing to see if someone knows without looking up. 2 possible come to mind.

mcbreen3rd
05-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Jim Burt</P>

keyofgmen
05-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Jim Burt</P>

I was thinking Burt never got his arms above his head in his career! LOL

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Jim Burt</p>
wasnt Burt

mcbreen3rd
05-03-2009, 03:11 PM
yea nose tackles stay low! but i couldnt think of another lineman besides martin

keyofgmen
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
yea nose tackles stay low! but i couldnt think of another lineman besides martin

Could it have been McGriff? I'll leave the obvious for my next guess

mcbreen3rd
05-03-2009, 03:18 PM
ok im stumped..............

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 06:05 PM
...it was big # 70 Leonard Marshall that tipped it up.......

who was the teams leading rusher in 1977?......

Z

NY_Eli
05-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Run game wasn't so hot then. It must have been either the washed up Csonka or Bobby Hammond.

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Run game wasn't so hot then. It must have been either the washed up Csonka or Bobby Hammond.

good call on the Bobby Hammond.......

who was the leading receiver in 1992?

Z

jints10
05-03-2009, 09:55 PM
To the tune of the Seminol War Chant: "RAY MUST GO" "RAY MUST GO"
Ed McAfree (sp) and I'm Irish

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM

nice call on the McCaffrey......

Im singing the tune right now.....have no idea what its called though.....

....It sounds like the opening of new world symphony...or symphony #9...depending on who you ask....

to what tune was "goodbye Allie....goodbye Allie..." sung to?

......boy was it fun to stand there singing that in the stadium......

were any of you guys there during those days?

I know Zimmy was.....

Z

jints10
05-03-2009, 10:41 PM

nice call on the McCaffrey......

Im singing the tune right now.....have no idea what its called though.....

....It sounds like the opening of new world symphony...or symphony #9...depending on who you ask....

to what tune was "goodbye Allie....goodbye Allie..." sung to?

......boy was it fun to stand there singing that in the stadium......

were any of you guys there during those days?

I know Zimmy was.....

Z

Wasnt it something like good night annie

jints10
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh yea was there little guy but was there

jints10
05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Our seats at Yankee Stadium we had to walk across a cat walk to get to them we had a table in front of us and no floor. Dad said they were press boxes for Baseball. When they opened Giants Stadium the Giants said we will have almost the same view. Dad said that the view was almost identical.If we get the same view in this new place I'll be happy.

YATittle1962
05-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Our seats at Yankee Stadium we had to walk across a cat walk to get to them we had a table in front of us and no floor. Dad said they were press boxes for Baseball. When they opened Giants Stadium the Giants said we will have almost the same view. Dad said that the view was almost identical.If we get the same view in this new place I'll be happy.

I know the seats you are talking about....

in Yankee stadium we were on the third base line about 10 rows up......I loved the seats.....

the seats they first offered us at Giants stadium were very expensive for us at the time so we took mez seats......

around 1979 I swapped seats with a friend of mine and have been in sec 125 ever since.......

i would love to be able to take my 4 seats for my house when they knock the old girl down......

jints10
05-03-2009, 11:12 PM

I know the seats you are talking about....

in Yankee stadium we were on the third base line about 10 rows up......I loved the seats.....

the seats they first offered us at Giants stadium were very expensive for us at the time so we took mez seats......

around 1979 I swapped seats with a friend of mine and have been in sec 125 ever since.......

i would love to be able to take my 4 seats for my house when they knock the old girl down......

I already know the socket size cuz its the same size as the satellite dish. I walked in the stadium last year forgetting I had the wrench from the tailgate party in my pocket,

jints10
05-03-2009, 11:13 PM
I was there when Yankee Stadium was torn apart

keyofgmen
05-04-2009, 07:19 AM

In our seats, we had a pole that blocked view from about the 20 to 40 yard line! Had to do some leaning. Great stuff.

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 11:52 AM
in that last game at Yankee Stadium....Sep 23 1973...when they tied the Eagles 23 all.....

...who was the starting LB corps that day?

Z

SEC105
05-04-2009, 02:43 PM
in that last game at Yankee Stadium....Sep 23 1973...when they tied the Eagles 23 all.....

Z
</P>

I'll take a shot at this Brad Van Pelt ,Brian Kelly and Pat Hughes</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 02:49 PM

Z
</p>

I'll take a shot at this Brad Van Pelt ,Brian Kelly and Pat Hughes</p>

Z</p>

Hughes is right....

SEC105
05-04-2009, 02:49 PM

If this the one I'm thinking of it was the brand new New Orleans Saintsand in the middle of the big fight what did Homer do. Also what Giant started it?</P>

Stay strong Z</P>

That's right..Saints (?1968) I can't recall exactly what happened, but I think he spiked ball after TD or something and like 4 or 5 Saints jumped on him and pounded him. I remember my mother using many a four letter word at the "dirty" Saints.</P>

That was a bad fight against the Saints. It all started when Greg Larson got pissed offof at some of the Saint players and ended with Homer taking of his helmet and swinging it at any Saint player he could. Seemed like there so many players involved. Took a while to get it ended</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I remember him getting jumped and pounded on by several players in the back of the endzone by the opposing team. This team was?</p>

If this the one I'm thinking of it was the brand new New Orleans Saintsand in the middle of the big fight what did Homer do. Also what Giant started it?</p>

Stay strong Z</p>

That's right..Saints (?1968) I can't recall exactly what happened, but I think he spiked ball after TD or something and like 4 or 5 Saints jumped on him and pounded him. I remember my mother using many a four letter word at the "dirty" Saints.</p>

That was a bad fight against the Saints. It all started when Greg Larson got pissed offof at some of the Saint players and ended with Homer taking of his helmet and swinging it at any Saint player he could. Seemed like there so many players involved. Took a while to get it ended</p>

Z</p>

yeah...that got ugly quick....

was that Larson that started that......thats a hell of a memory 105.....

Larson was a great great Giant.....

...Homer should have kept his helmet on.....

SEC105
05-04-2009, 03:00 PM

Z
</P>

Z</P>

Hughes is right....
</P>

Was Jim Files another one?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 03:02 PM

Z

thie above one is still out there....

...and what was the old "turf" in Giants stadium known as.....

.....god was it horrible.....

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 03:03 PM

Z
</p>

Z</p>

Hughes is right....
</p>

Was Jim Files another one?</p>

Z</p>
yup both Files and Hughes started that day.....one more....

SEC105
05-04-2009, 03:33 PM

Z
</P>

Z</P>

Hughes is right....
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

How about Ron Hornsby?</P>

In 1963 YA threw for 36 TD passes setting an NFL record. This record lasted for quite a while. Who broke it and when?</P>

Z</P>

yo-ho
05-04-2009, 03:40 PM
What Giant player was the star of a successful TV drama series? What was his number, position, and what team was he traded to?</P>

And why did we evr get rif of him? I loved that guy.</P>

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 03:43 PM

Z
</p>

Z</p>

Hughes is right....
</p>

Z</p>

</p>

How about Ron Hornsby?</p>

In 1963 YA threw for 36 TD passes setting an NFL record. This record lasted for quite a while. Who broke it and when?</p>

Z</p>

Im pretty sure it stood til '84 when Marino threw ....44...i think?

wasnt Hornsby.......

SEC105
05-04-2009, 03:46 PM
What Giant player was the star of a successful TV drama series? What was his number, position, and what team was he traded to?</P>

</P>

Fred Dryer DE number 89 was traded to the Rams. Don't know why we got rid of him. Not a smart move but that happened a lot back then</P>

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
What Giant player was the star of a successful TV drama series? What was his number, position, and what team was he traded to?</p>

And why did we evr get rif of him? I loved that guy.</p>

</p>

Fred Dryer DE number 89 was traded to the Rams. Don't know why we got rid of him. Not a smart move but that happened a lot back then</p>

I second that

Dryer was a beast...

..and the show was Hunter wansnt it?

SEC105
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM
YA How about Rick Dvorak for the other linebacker?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Who has the most kickoff return yardage in Giant history?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Who has the most kickoff return yardage in Giant history?</p>

Z</p>

wasnt Dvorak.......

if its not Dave Megget...it has to be Clarence Childs...........

SEC105
05-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Z</P>

wasnt Dvorak.......

</P>

Was Clarence Childs </P>

I'll keep working on the other linebacker but looks like I will need some help</P>

How were Tucker Fre****son and Bobby Duhon related?</P>

Z</P>

Roosevelt
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Punter returner in the 80's who became the fan favorite because he would never fair catch?

zimonami
05-04-2009, 11:50 PM

Z
</P>

Z</P>

Hughes is right....
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

That last LB you're looking for... John Douglas?</P>

YATittle1962
05-04-2009, 11:53 PM

Z
</p>

Z</p>

Hughes is right....
</p>

Z</p>

</p>

That last LB you're looking for... John Douglas?</p>

nice call Zimmy...........Douglas it is....

was the returner you're talking about McConkey?

zimonami
05-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Punter returner in the 80's who became the fan favorite because he would never fair catch?
</P>

Leon Bright. Fearless? Or, Not So Bright?</P>

I loved him. Guts, and all the times he was crushed, he rarely fumbled.</P>

YATittle1962
05-05-2009, 12:12 AM
</p>

Leon Bright. Fearless? Or, Not So Bright?</p>

I loved him. Guts, and all the times he was crushed, he rarely fumbled.</p>

oh hell yeah......

nice one Zimmy........

I loved Leon........the man had heart

yo-ho
05-05-2009, 09:36 AM

</P>

Fred Dryer DE number 89 was traded to the Rams. Don't know why we got rid of him. Not a smart move but that happened a lot back then</P>

I second that

Dryer was a beast...

..and the show was Hunter wansnt it?
</P>

Yes the show was Hunter, but I watched it for his sexy co-star Stephaine Kramer. She was a hottie.</P>

Roosevelt
05-05-2009, 09:40 AM
</p>

Leon Bright. Fearless? Or, Not So Bright?</p>

I loved him. Guts, and all the times he was crushed, he rarely fumbled.</p>

Good call.

He was fun to watch, wasn't he.

Roosevelt
05-05-2009, 09:46 AM

Z</p>

wasnt Dvorak.......

</p>

Was Clarence Childs </p>

I'll keep working on the other linebacker but looks like I will need some help</p>

<font size="3">How were Tucker Fre****son and Bobby Duhon related?</font></p>

Z</p>

Answer?

zimonami
05-05-2009, 10:19 AM

Z</P>

wasnt Dvorak.......

</P>

Was Clarence Childs </P>

I'll keep working on the other linebacker but looks like I will need some help</P>

<FONT size=3>How were Tucker Fre****son and Bobby Duhon related?</FONT></P>

Z</P>

Answer?
</P>

They are brother-in-laws</P>

SEC105
05-05-2009, 10:19 AM

Z</P>

wasnt Dvorak.......

</P>

Was Clarence Childs </P>

Z</P>

Answer?
</P>

They became brothers in law but I can't remember who married who's sister.</P>

Who was the huge tackle we drafted out of Missouri in hopes of replacing Rosey Brown?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM

Z</p>

wasnt Dvorak.......

</p>

Was Clarence Childs </p>

I'll keep working on the other linebacker but looks like I will need some help</p>

<font size="3">How were Tucker Fre****son and Bobby Duhon related?</font></p>

Z</p>

Answer?
</p>

They became brothers in law but I can't remember who married who's sister.</p>

Who was the huge tackle we drafted out of Missouri in hopes of replacing Rosey Brown?</p>

Z</p>

I cant for the life of me remember his name right now.......

...but wasnt he a DT at Missouri and we were going to make him a OT...?

....and didnt he end up not playing a down for the Giants....?....am I even close....? hahaha

....or wait ...was it Peay......?....I think he might have been later though.......I know Peay was huge......

....this is a tough one............Zimmy will know this.......

zimonami
05-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Z</P>

wasnt Dvorak.......

</P>

Was Clarence Childs </P>

Z</P>

Answer?
</P>

They became brothers in law but I can't remember who married who's sister.</P>

Who was the huge tackle we drafted out of Missouri in hopes of replacing Rosey Brown?</P>

Z</P>

I cant for the life of me remember his name right now.......

...but wasnt he a DT at Missouri and we were going to make him a OT...?

....and didnt he end up not playing a down for the Giants....?....am I even close....? hahaha

....or wait ...was it Peay......?....I think he might have been later though.......I know Peay was huge......

....this is a tough one............Zimmy will know this.......
</P>

Good call, YA - Francis Peay... another 1st round bummer. He stayed with us 2 seasons and then was off to green Bay for 4-5 seasons, and finished his career at the Chiefs. </P>

This was a period where all our 1st round picks were as bad as our team. I don't think we got any consistency in drafting until Young came along, and even then we drafted some wastes in the first round. I do think our drafting under Accorsi and Reese have been top-notch, and valuable up and down the whole draft process.</P>

YATittle1962
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
what 14th round pick in 1973 out of Cal Lutheran became a pretty darn good defensive player for the Giants for a decade?

...wow...remember 17 round drafts?.....crazy

Z

SEC105
05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
what 14th round pick in 1973 out of Cal Lutheran became a pretty darn good defensive player for the Giants for a decade?

Z
</P>

That was Brian Kelly , what a good pick he was. Always bothered me that some of those great stalwarts of the 70s and early eighties never got the SB glory. There always be remembered as great Giants however</P>

Good call on Francis Peay you guys and yes I believe he did play defense in college but the Giants had their own ideas[:'(]</P>

Homers 98 yarder has come up quite a bit lately. In that same game he had another long touchdown from Earl Morrall. How long was the other one? 1966 or 1967</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-05-2009, 03:02 PM

Z
</p>

That was Brian Kelly , what a good pick he was. Always bothered me that some of those great stalwarts of the 70s and early eighties never got the SB glory. There always be remembered as great Giants however</p>

Good call on Francis Peay you guys and yes I believe he did play defense in college but the Giants had their own ideas[:'(]</p>

Homers 98 yarder has come up quite a bit lately. In that same game he had another long touchdown from Earl Morrall. How long was the other one? 1966 or 1967</p>

Z</p>

funny you ask that......

I just watched the NFL Films film of that game last night......

against the Steelers in a game that ended in a 34 all tie.....

...Homer caught one for 75yd and one for 98 in that game.........he lit em up that day.....

a D back in that same game had a 72 yd fumble recovery TD....

.....who was it?

Z

SEC105
05-05-2009, 04:05 PM

Z
</P>

That was Brian Kelly , what a good pick he was. Always bothered me that some of those great stalwarts of the 70s and early eighties never got the SB glory. There always be remembered as great Giants however</P>

Good call on Francis Peay you guys and yes I believe he did play defense in college but the Giants had their own ideas[:'(]</P>

Homers 98 yarder has come up quite a bit lately. In that same game he had another long touchdown from Earl Morrall. How long was the other one? 1966 or 1967</P>

Z</P>

funny you ask that......

...Homer caught one for 75yd and one for 98 in that game.........he lit em up that day.....

.....who was it?

Z
</P>

Wild Guess.......................Henry Carr?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I'll agree with Sec105 on the Carr answer. If it wasn't him, I'll go withy our own Spider Man, Lockhart.</P>

Good call on the Kelly Q&amp;A. I was just about to ask a question with Kelly as an answer. </P>

- In LT's first year, the LB's were LT, Carson, Kelly, and ???</P>

- How many years did these 4 play together?</P>

- After that, what two LB's took the place of Kelly and ???</P>

SEC105
05-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I'll agree with Sec105 on the Carr answer. If it wasn't him, I'll go withy our own Spider Man, Lockhart.</P>

Good call on the Kelly Q&amp;A. I was just about to ask a question with Kelly as an answer. </P>

</P>

Van Pelt? I think they played together 3 years then Carl Banks and Andy Headon stepped in. Best I can remember for now Z............... Hope thats somewhat right[:D]</P>

YATittle1962
05-06-2009, 12:33 AM
I'll agree with Sec105 on the Carr answer. If it wasn't him, I'll go withy our own Spider Man, Lockhart.</p>

Good call on the Kelly Q&amp;A. I was just about to ask a question with Kelly as an answer. </p>

- In LT's first year, the LB's were LT, Carson, Kelly, and ???</p>

- How many years did these 4 play together?</p>

- After that, what two LB's took the place of Kelly and ???</p>

agree with 105...was definitely Van Pelt.......

...but didnt Gary Reasons and Byron Hunt jump in for a bit....?

wasnt Spider or.....Henry Carr....so that one is still out there.....

Z

byron
05-06-2009, 12:53 AM

Z
</P>

Z</P>

funny you ask that......

.....who was it?

Z
hows it going YA I'd like to watch some of those old games is it an on line thing or what ?

YATittle1962
05-06-2009, 01:11 AM

Z
</p>

That was Brian Kelly , what a good pick he was. Always bothered me that some of those great stalwarts of the 70s and early eighties never got the SB glory. There always be remembered as great Giants however</p>

Good call on Francis Peay you guys and yes I believe he did play defense in college but the Giants had their own ideas[:'(]</p>

Homers 98 yarder has come up quite a bit lately. In that same game he had another long touchdown from Earl Morrall. How long was the other one? 1966 or 1967</p>

Z</p>

funny you ask that......

.....who was it?

Z
hows it going YA I'd like to watch some of those old games is it an on line thing or what ?

no....

...I have lots of old NFL films....Giant films on dvd....

zimonami
05-06-2009, 09:51 AM

agree with 105...was definitely Van Pelt.......

...but didnt Gary Reasons and Byron Hunt jump in for a bit....?

wasnt Spider or.....Henry Carr....so that one is still out there.....

Z
</P>

First, YA, was it Wendall Harris who returned the 72 yd TD against Pittsburgh? I couldn't remember our 4 DB's that season. I remembered Spider, Carr, and Childs, but not Harris... had to lookhim up in the '66 season.</P>

It was Van Pelt. What surprised me was that he and Kelly played 3 yrs with LT. I didn't remember it being that long.</P>

Hunt and Reasons replaced Kelly and Van Pelt. But, Byron Hunt came to us in '81 and played a lot of LB, even though he was officially listed as a starter for only the '84 season. He was with us through the '88 season.Banks didn't arrive until '84, and was officially the starter in '85.</P>

Another thing I totally forgot until just now to see how many seasons Banks played with us.... like not allowingmyself to remember that Bavaro played for the Eagles... Banks playedfor the Skins 1 season, and for the Browns 2 yrs. I totallyforgot that Banks did not end his career with the Gmen. I hate it when our great players close out their careers with other teams.</P>

YATittle1962
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I totally agree Zim......I hope this doesnt happen with Toomer.....

I would hate to see him in another color....

in the opening game of 1972...in Detroit.....who had the 92 yd kickoff return for the Giants first TD of the game?

...and what number did he wear?

Z

jints10
05-06-2009, 01:41 PM

in the opening game of 1972...in Detroit.....who had the 92 yd kickoff return for the Giants first TD of the game?

Z

Rocky Thompson ....................#22?

YATittle1962
05-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Z

yup..it was Rocky.....

.....in the first home game of 1972...against the Cowboys.....Snead connected with who....for 2 TDs and 175yds in only 5 passes?

....one of those was a 94yd TD

Z

jints10
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM

Z

yup..it was Rocky.....

.....in the first home game of 1972...against the Cowboys.....Snead connected with who....for 2 TDs and 175yds in only 5 passes?

Z

Giants long ball threat that year (if you can call him that) Rich Houston

SEC105
05-06-2009, 03:09 PM
What a call there Z on Wendal Harris</P>

Very late August 1997 Fassels first regular season game. Who started @ QB for us and what 2 QBs played for the Eagles at Giants Stadium Giants 31 Eagles 17</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-06-2009, 03:13 PM

Z

yup..it was Rocky.....

Z

Giants long ball threat that year (if you can call him that) Rich Houston

nice call....

..staying in that same season.....against the Saints.......( they battered poor Archie that day by the way)............who wearing #31 scored 3 TDs?

Z

zimonami
05-06-2009, 11:40 PM

Very late August 1997 Fassels first regular season game. Who started @ QB for us and what 2 QBs played for the Eagles at Giants Stadium Giants 31 Eagles 17</P>

Z</P>

</P>

OMG - another name nearly forgotten... was that #31 Charlie Evans? How quickly we forget.</P>

I'll say Danny Kannell started that game. Dave Brown was the starter '94, '95, '96. '96 was Kannell's first year as backup. I'll say he started '97 over Brown. Ty Dettmer, Bobby Hoying, and Calvin Peete were the Eagle QB's that year. They all played a lot of games, so I couldn't guess which 2 played against us. I'll say Dettmer and Hoying.</P>

YATittle1962
05-07-2009, 11:54 AM
What a call there Z on Wendal Harris</p>

Very late August 1997 Fassels first regular season game. Who started @ QB for us and what 2 QBs played for the Eagles at Giants Stadium Giants 31 Eagles 17</p>

Z</p>

</p>

OMG - another name nearly forgotten... was that #31 Charlie Evans? How quickly we forget.</p>

I'll say Danny Kannell started that game. Dave Brown was the starter '94, '95, '96. '96 was Kannell's first year as backup. I'll say he started '97 over Brown. Ty Dettmer, Bobby Hoying, and Calvin Peete were the Eagle QB's that year. They all played a lot of games, so I couldn't guess which 2 played against us. I'll say Dettmer and Hoying.</p>

nice call Zimmy....Charlie Evans it was........

later in that season Charlie was injured and lost for the season.in a game against Denver.....what RB out of Nebraska filled in for him until Vince Clements was ready later in the season?

Z

zimonami
05-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Z</P>

</P>

OMG - another name nearly forgotten... was that #31 Charlie Evans? How quickly we forget.</P>

I'll say Danny Kannell started that game. Dave Brown was the starter '94, '95, '96. '96 was Kannell's first year as backup. I'll say he started '97 over Brown. Ty Dettmer, Bobby Hoying, and Calvin Peete were the Eagle QB's that year. They all played a lot of games, so I couldn't guess which 2 played against us. I'll say Dettmer and Hoying.</P>

later in that season Charlie was injured and lost for the season.in a game against Denver.....what RB out of Nebraska filled in for him until Vince Clements was ready later in the season?

Z
</P>

I'm gonna take my chances with Joe Orduna... another guy I liked just because of his unique name. I think he is out of Nebraska, so he should be the guy.</P>

YATittle1962
05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
What a call there Z on Wendal Harris</p>

Very late August 1997 Fassels first regular season game. Who started @ QB for us and what 2 QBs played for the Eagles at Giants Stadium Giants 31 Eagles 17</p>

Z</p>

</p>

OMG - another name nearly forgotten... was that #31 Charlie Evans? How quickly we forget.</p>

I'll say Danny Kannell started that game. Dave Brown was the starter '94, '95, '96. '96 was Kannell's first year as backup. I'll say he started '97 over Brown. Ty Dettmer, Bobby Hoying, and Calvin Peete were the Eagle QB's that year. They all played a lot of games, so I couldn't guess which 2 played against us. I'll say Dettmer and Hoying.</p>

Z
</p>

I'm gonna take my chances with Joe Orduna... another guy I liked just because of his unique name. I think he is out of Nebraska, so he should be the guy.</p>

Zimmy ...you never cease to amaze me.......

Orduna it was..........and I thought that was a tough one to....hahaha

you are the man Zim....I bow to your greatness........[B]

YATittle1962
05-07-2009, 03:22 PM
off the top of your head.....

the starting offensive line on the opening day of Giants Stadium Oct. 10 1976........

Z

zimonami
05-07-2009, 09:27 PM

the starting offensive line on the opening day of Giants Stadium Oct. 10 1976........

Z
</P>

I can only remember Hicks, VanHorn, and Chandler, with Tucker at TE. I'll hope someone else can get the other 2 linemen.</P>

Opening day, '76, walking to the stadium with Aunt Jean. I was so busy looking up at the new stadium that I missed stepping down off of a curb and did a 270 degreeflip, flat onto my back. Good news... only one of 6 cokes broke and the flask was still good to go. Aunt Jean laughed her butt off. I still don't think we needed a new stadium.</P>

YATittle1962
05-07-2009, 11:58 PM

Z
</p>

I can only remember Hicks, VanHorn, and Chandler, with Tucker at TE. I'll hope someone else can get the other 2 linemen.</p>

Opening day, '76, walking to the stadium with Aunt Jean. I was so busy looking up at the new stadium that I missed stepping down off of a curb and did a 270 degreeflip, flat onto my back. Good news... only one of 6 cokes broke and the flask was still good to go. Aunt Jean laughed her butt off. I still don't think we needed a new stadium.</p>

hahaha you got me laughin here Zim.......

that was an exciting day.....I love the fact that you and I both were in that stadium that day.....

you remember all the old Giants that came out onto the field.....?

....I almost blew my top seeing ..Rote, Conerly, Giff, Webster, Tittle , and all those guys out there....

that memory stays with me ...and very vividly ....

...good call on those 3 lineman........still 2 out there....

zimonami
05-08-2009, 02:04 AM

Z
</P>

I can only remember Hicks, VanHorn, and Chandler, with Tucker at TE. I'll hope someone else can get the other 2 linemen.</P>

Opening day, '76, walking to the stadium with Aunt Jean. I was so busy looking up at the new stadium that I missed stepping down off of a curb and did a 270 degreeflip, flat onto my back. Good news... only one of 6 cokes broke and the flask was still good to go. Aunt Jean laughed her butt off. I still don't think we needed a new stadium.</P>

that was an exciting day.....I love the fact that you and I both were in that stadium that day.....

....I almost blew my top seeing ..Rote, Conerly, Giff, Webster, Tittle , and all those guys out there....

</P>

Yeah, it was a great day until we lost. We were 13 years in to our down period. Seeing all those great Giants made Jean andme really proud... she kept saying... these were guys who really knew how to play the game, and she was right.</P>

Despite all the bad years, we mostly had defenses we could be poud of. In that 1976 season, for example, in our last 7 games we gave up an average of 12.1 points per game (17 pts against was the highest), and we went 3-4 because our offense was bad. God, how happy I am that those days are gone. There were many great Giants to make us proud, and who played their hearts out for us, but we just had bad teams, or bad coaching.</P>

YATittle1962
05-08-2009, 02:14 AM

Z
</p>

I can only remember Hicks, VanHorn, and Chandler, with Tucker at TE. I'll hope someone else can get the other 2 linemen.</p>

Opening day, '76, walking to the stadium with Aunt Jean. I was so busy looking up at the new stadium that I missed stepping down off of a curb and did a 270 degreeflip, flat onto my back. Good news... only one of 6 cokes broke and the flask was still good to go. Aunt Jean laughed her butt off. I still don't think we needed a new stadium.</p>

</p>

Yeah, it was a great day until we lost. We were 13 years in to our down period. Seeing all those great Giants made Jean andme really proud... she kept saying... these were guys who really knew how to play the game, and she was right.</p>

Despite all the bad years, we mostly had defenses we could be poud of. In that 1976 season, for example, in our last 7 games we gave up an average of 12.1 points per game (17 pts against was the highest), and we went 3-4 because our offense was bad. God, how happy I am that those days are gone. There were many great Giants to make us proud, and who played their hearts out for us, but we just had bad teams, or bad coaching.</p>

Dallas did whoop us pretty good that day...

that was a terrible season.......Morton just didnt have it......

I specifically remember at multiple games that season seeing guys wide open that he never saw..

i remember taking a beating from the Steelers that season that was just embarrassing

jints10
05-08-2009, 08:14 AM

Z
</p>

</p>

Yeah, it was a great day until we lost. We were 13 years in to our down period. Seeing all those great Giants made Jean andme really proud... she kept saying... these were guys who really knew how to play the game, and she was right.</p>

Despite all the bad years, we mostly had defenses we could be poud of. In that 1976 season, for example, in our last 7 games we gave up an average of 12.1 points per game (17 pts against was the highest), and we went 3-4 because our offense was bad. God, how happy I am that those days are gone. There were many great Giants to make us proud, and who played their hearts out for us, but we just had bad teams, or bad coaching.</p>

I specifically remember at multiple games that season seeing guys wide open that he never saw..

i remember taking a beating from the Steelers that season that was just embarrassing

In those days we used to yell punt on 1st down cuz our offense was THAT bad and we had Dave Jennings punting.

zimonami
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM

Z
</P>

</P>

Yeah, it was a great day until we lost. We were 13 years in to our down period. Seeing all those great Giants made Jean andme really proud... she kept saying... these were guys who really knew how to play the game, and she was right.</P>

Despite all the bad years, we mostly had defenses we could be poud of. In that 1976 season, for example, in our last 7 games we gave up an average of 12.1 points per game (17 pts against was the highest), and we went 3-4 because our offense was bad. God, how happy I am that those days are gone. There were many great Giants to make us proud, and who played their hearts out for us, but we just had bad teams, or bad coaching.</P>

In those days we used to yell punt on 1st down cuz our offense was THAT bad and we had Dave Jennings punting.
</P>

lol, jints 10... so true. And, you could always hope Jennings would take a nose-dive faking contact and give the Offense 15 more yards that they otherwise couldn't get themselves. If our D is on the field, we have a chance to score.... sad that that was our mental approach during those times... starting in the mid 60's, but we have mostly had D's that we could be proud of, and O's that were foregttable. As for Morton, he was done by the time he came to us, like Czonka... they were 2 vets that couldn't help us climb out of the cesspool.</P>

I remember how proud we were in our new stadium... seems like yesterday. To me, it is still perfectly serviceable.</P>

YATittle1962
05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
1st and 10 ....PUNT! PUNT ! PUNT! ....hahahahahaha....

....I love it......that sums it up nicely........

I agree Zim...I think our Stadium is perfectly fine.....

it feels like a real "keeping up with the Jones' " type thing to me......

on that memorable and not so memorable day ........Oct 10 '76........Csonka and Kotar combined for just over 100 yds but only one crossed the goal line......

...which one....? ...and take a stab at how many yard TD run it was......

zimonami
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM

on that memorable and not so memorable day ........Oct 10 '76........Csonka and Kotar combined for just over 100 yds but only one crossed the goal line......

</P>

I haven't got a clue, but I'll guess Kotar for 7 yards. </P>

YATittle1962
05-09-2009, 12:34 AM

</p>

I haven't got a clue, but I'll guess Kotar for 7 yards. </p>

Csonka for 6

jints10
05-09-2009, 06:33 AM

</p>

Csonka for 6

Were you guys at the Bears game when Walter Payton was going for the single season rushing record.It was the last game that I can remember snow/sleet actually coming down at Giants stadium.
Walter had -8 in the first half. Csonka had almost 100 for the day and we lost. All I had to hang my hat on that day was the fact we denied Walter the record. For a Giant fan in 1977 I was proud even though we lost, pride was defense.

jints10
05-09-2009, 07:09 AM

</p>

Csonka for 6

Were you guys at the Bears game when Walter Payton was going for the single season rushing record.It was the last game that I can remember snow/sleet actually coming down at Giants stadium.
Walter had -8 in the first half. Csonka had almost 100 for the day and we lost. All I had to hang my hat on that day was the fact we denied Walter the record. For a Giant fan in 1977 I was proud even though we lost, pride was defense.

RagTime Blue
05-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Cool story. Gotta remember that there's newer fans out there who don't remember more than 1 or 2 really bad years in a row. And there were MANY. Not as many as the Patriots had though. Gawd were they bad!

zimonami
05-09-2009, 10:42 AM

</P>

I haven't got a clue, but I'll guess Kotar for 7 yards. </P>

Csonka for 6

Walter had -8 in the first half. Csonka had almost 100 for the day and we lost. All I had to hang my hat on that day was the fact we denied Walter the record. For a Giant fan in 1978 I was proud even though we lost, pride was defense.
</P>

Good memory, jints10... I know I was there, but I can't remember...lol. You are so right... every game we left with pride for our D, and resignation that we just weren't able to get anything done on offense... game after game; year after year. After all those bad years of offense, I understood what Jean meant when she said the O Line was the heart of a good team. When I saw the Suburbanites maturing and working so well together, I understood. When we lost the NFC Championship in Chicago I was 100% sure we were going to win it all the bext year... all because of the O line. We didn't have any great receivers, but we blocked like Helm for Morris, and, naturally, we had a great Defense.</P>

YATittle1962
05-10-2009, 03:47 AM

</p>

Csonka for 6

Walter had -8 in the first half. Csonka had almost 100 for the day and we lost. All I had to hang my hat on that day was the fact we denied Walter the record. For a Giant fan in 1978 I was proud even though we lost, pride was defense.
</p>

Good memory, jints10... I know I was there, but I can't remember...lol. You are so right... every game we left with pride for our D, and resignation that we just weren't able to get anything done on offense... game after game; year after year. After all those bad years of offense, I understood what Jean meant when she said the O Line was the heart of a good team. When I saw the Suburbanites maturing and working so well together, I understood. When we lost the NFC Championship in Chicago I was 100% sure we were going to win it all the bext year... all because of the O line. We didn't have any great receivers, but we blocked like Helm for Morris, and, naturally, we had a great Defense.</p>

Im surprised I dont remember stopping Walter from the record.......

Im sure I was there though.....

.....I do remember Brad Van Pelt hitting Walter Payton so hard one time that he didnt know where he was for a few minutes......

Speaking of Brad.......he stole quite a few INTs in his time.......of his 11 years as a GIant how many of those seasons did he have no INTs?

jints10
05-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I could never forget this guy that sits behind us yelling in the thickest of NY accents " No recud dis year Walta". At the time I thought it was the funniest thing ever. That same guy, whenever an opposing teams player gets hurt yells "shoot em and get em off da field" though not politically correct our section always cheers. He has been yelling it for over 30 years now.

VanPelt had alot of int.'s for a LBer thats for sure, so I'll go with only 2 years for not having an int.
Probably one being his rookie year.

zimonami
05-10-2009, 10:29 AM
I could never forget this guy that sits behind us yelling in the thickest of NY accents " No recud dis year Walta". At the time I thought it was the funniest thing ever. That same guy, whenever an opposing teams player gets hurt yells "shoot em and get em off da field" though not politically correct our section always cheers. He has been yelling it for over 30 years now.

VanPelt had alot of int.'s for a LBer thats for sure, so I'll go with only 2 years for not having an int.
Probably one being his rookie year.
</P>

That was going to be my guess... 2 seasons. He had great vision when he was backing in to coverage, I'll make a different guess and say 1 year with no INT.</P>

Good story jints10... that would be a gas, although the Giant fans really did have a lot of respect for opposing players that got injured... unlike our Eagle counterparts who are elated when an opposing player gets hurt... ala Michael Irvin, when it appeared he might have a serious neck injury... they cheered that he got hurt.</P>

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies in your families</P>

keyofgmen
05-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Speaking of bad times. I was at the lowest attended game ever at Giants Stadium (outside of strike year). Cold rain.
Should be easy. (especially if you were there!)

Year? Team? Score? # in attendance?
Make a guess or 2 before looking it up.

jints10
05-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Speaking of bad times. I was at the lowest attended game ever at Giants Stadium (outside of strike year). Cold rain.

92 not sure of year.....Cardinals.......2400

I was on the back cover of the NY Post after this game. We had a huge plastic bag that fit 8 of us under.

keyofgmen
05-10-2009, 11:11 AM

I was on the back cover of the NY Post after this game. We had a huge plastic bag that fit 8 of us under.

Cardinals is correct

keyofgmen
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM

Cardinals is correct

My seats are in 139, but I went over to some buddies seats in 130 for that game. Sheer misery, but we just couldn't leave. The Quoted attendance is higher than you would think, and I KNOW there were less..WAY LESS by halftime!

YATittle1962
05-10-2009, 01:19 PM

Cardinals is correct

My seats are in 139, but I went over to some buddies seats in 130 for that game. Sheer misery, but we just couldn't leave. The Quoted attendance is higher than you would think, and I KNOW there were less..WAY LESS by halftime!

was that the Cardinal game in 87? ...I think it was 87......

...the year escapes me but I remember being there in the sleety rain and being cold and wet.....

...pretty sure we left early......

would love to know the attendance if you have the actual number.....

my year is probably wrong but I do remember that game.....

3 of Van Pelts 11 season went without an interception.......

only 1 of those 8 season with picks did he have less than 2.......

pretty amazing for a LB

YATittle1962
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM
what DT out of USC spent only 1965 with the Giants and wore #74?

Z

zimonami
05-11-2009, 09:09 PM

Z
</P>

Tough one, YA. I was hoping someone would know this. I finally had to look it up... Mike Bundra. I have no memory of him. He played 4 yrs in the NFL... only the one year with us</P>

YATittle1962
05-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Z
</p>

Tough one, YA. I was hoping someone would know this. I finally had to look it up... Mike Bundra. I have no memory of him. He played 4 yrs in the NFL... only the one year with us</p>

I had been watching an old game film from '65 and he was in the lineup.........I dont remember him either

....wanted to see if any of you recalled his name......

zimonami
05-12-2009, 12:02 AM

Z
</P>

Tough one, YA. I was hoping someone would know this. I finally had to look it up... Mike Bundra. I have no memory of him. He played 4 yrs in the NFL... only the one year with us</P>

I had been watching an old game film from '65 and he was in the lineup.........I dont remember him either

</P>

Bundra made me think... how many others were there, like Bundra, who came and went quickly during the Allie years, '61 - '68.. The total sad destruction of our D begins in '64, and from then to '68 there are many names I don't recognize. </P>

Looking at the starting lineups from '61 - '68 I noticed one name that never changes... he was drafted by us in '56, and he was the only Defensive player who played in all the Allie years... #75... This is an easy one, but he deserves some homage forbeing the last man standing from that great D. Who is he?</P>

YATittle1962
05-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Z
</p>

Tough one, YA. I was hoping someone would know this. I finally had to look it up... Mike Bundra. I have no memory of him. He played 4 yrs in the NFL... only the one year with us</p>

</p>

Bundra made me think... how many others were there, like Bundra, who came and went quickly during the Allie years, '61 - '68.. The total sad destruction of our D begins in '64, and from then to '68 there are many names I don't recognize. </p>

Looking at the starting lineups from '61 - '68 I noticed one name that never changes... he was drafted by us in '56, and he was the only Defensive player who played in all the Allie years... #75... This is an easy one, but he deserves some homage forbeing the last man standing from that great D. Who is he?</p>

hell yeah Zimmy....

....thats Kat....

....one of my all time favorite Giants.........

going to games in those days he made me feel like I had a connection to those Great Great teams of '56-63 that I only got to see as a very young kid....

....Kat had heart all the way through his career ....

...who took over Jim Pattons position in '66?

zimonami
05-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Could have been Henry Carr who took Patton's place? Patton... another great Giant that the fans loved

keyofgmen
05-12-2009, 10:20 AM

Cardinals is correct

was that the Cardinal game in 87?* ...I think it was 87......

...the year escapes me but I remember being there in the sleety rain and being cold and wet.....

pretty amazing for a LB

It was 12/4/1983. Official attendance was 25,156. NO WAY were there that many in stands after 1st quarter even! Giants lost to Cards (still in our division then) 10-6. Giants total of 142 yards. S Brunner (remember him) threw 4 INTs. Yes, a low point for sure in Giants history...but memories just the same. So for some of our younger brothers on this board, ya gotta remember that many of us middle age or older folks that you scream and complain about, supported this team in times when many others would have given up! We will see if all of you hang in there if and when tough times return. I'm sure you will. See ya at the game. I will be the 50 year old (actually the day of Saints game this year) cheering loudly as I have been since my 1st game at 5 years old.

YATittle1962
05-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Cardinals is correct

pretty amazing for a LB

It was 12/4/1983. Official attendance was 25,156. NO WAY were there that many in stands after 1st quarter even! Giants lost to Cards (still in our division then) 10-6. Giants total of 142 yards. S Brunner (remember him) threw 4 INTs. Yes, a low point for sure in Giants history...but memories just the same. So for some of our younger brothers on this board, ya gotta remember that many of us middle age or older folks that you scream and complain about, supported this team in times when many others would have given up! We will see if all of you hang in there if and when tough times return. I'm sure you will. See ya at the game. I will be the 50 year old (actually the day of Saints game this year) cheering loudly as I have been since my 1st game at 5 years old.

Absolutely right Key....

...can you imagine if there were message boards in those days?.....

......these boards explode when Eli throws a couple picks.....or the defense gives up some big plays....

.....can you imagine if some of these guys were around then?......there would be heart attacks running rampant through Big Blue Nation..........

.....lots of these younger fans are spoiled....and I mean that in the nicest way......I wish I was.....I had to sit through those terrible years when we were the laughing stock of the division......through the games where we couldnt complete a pass......

...it was tough..........tough when you have nothing to cheer for.......when the team constantly looks flat....when the Giant front office is internally warring while desperately looking for that player that will provide that spark.......bringing in guys that are supposed to be the savior ...then releasing him a season later cus he didnt perform...........rough days......

....and yes Zim it was Carr.........hell of a Giant while he lasted.......

...ok heres an oldie but a goody............

....What notorious hard hitter nicknamed "the Hatchet" broke NY Giant lineman Jack "the Giant Killer" Strouds' jaw 2 different times in the early 50s?

I remember my father talking about this guy all the time....he hated him........he was small but deeply feared in the league.......

YATittle1962
05-13-2009, 01:00 AM

Cardinals is correct

pretty amazing for a LB

Absolutely right Key....

...can you imagine if there were message boards in those days?.....

......these boards explode when Eli throws a couple picks.....or the defense gives up some big plays....

.....can you imagine if some of these guys were around then?......there would be heart attacks running rampant through Big Blue Nation..........

.....lots of these younger fans are spoiled....and I mean that in the nicest way......I wish I was.....I had to sit through those terrible years when we were the laughing stock of the division......through the games where we couldnt complete a pass......

...it was tough..........tough when you have nothing to cheer for.......when the team constantly looks flat....when the Giant front office is internally warring while desperately looking for that player that will provide that spark.......bringing in guys that are supposed to be the savior ...then releasing him a season later cus he didnt perform...........rough days......

....and yes Zim it was Carr.........hell of a Giant while he lasted.......

...ok heres an oldie but a goody............

....What notorious hard hitter nicknamed "the Hatchet" broke NY Giant lineman Jack "the Giant Killer" Strouds' jaw 2 different times in the early 50s?

I remember my father talking about this guy all the time....he hated him........he was small but deeply feared in the league.......

zimonami
05-13-2009, 01:00 AM
The Hatchet... this is killing me. I know that I know this answer, and I can't extract it from my brain. I'll sleep on it. A good question.

SEC105
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Speaking of bad times. I was at the lowest attended game ever at Giants Stadium (outside of strike year). Cold rain. Should be easy. (especially if you were there!) Year? Team? Score? # in attendance? Make a guess or 2 before looking it up.

</P>

We had the same kinda thing happen with us. Some guys in front of us held up a sign that said "RAY [Handley] MUST GO" Landed on the back cover of the "Daily News" LOL Woulda preferred a better situation to have our faces in the paper</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
The Hatchet... this is killing me. I know that I know this answer, and I can't extract it from my brain. I'll sleep on it. A good question.</P>

Wild guess Doug Atkins of the Bears?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-13-2009, 07:16 PM
The Hatchet... this is killing me. I know that I know this answer, and I can't extract it from my brain. I'll sleep on it. A good question.</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Normally, SEC105, I'd think this was a great answer, cuz Atkins was a great and feared DE. But, YA saidthe manwas small. There was nothing small about Doug Atkins... lol... he was a 6'8", finely proportioned monster. Gotta be someone else. </P>

I'm clueless on this one... my brain won't let me remember.</P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2009, 08:38 PM
The Hatchet... this is killing me. I know that I know this answer, and I can't extract it from my brain. I'll sleep on it. A good question.</p>

Wild guess Doug Atkins of the Bears?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Normally, SEC105, I'd think this was a great answer, cuz Atkins was a great and feared DE. But, YA saidthe manwas small. There was nothing small about Doug Atkins... lol... he was a 6'8", finely proportioned monster. Gotta be someone else. </p>

I'm clueless on this one... my brain won't let me remember.</p>

I may have made a mistake by using the word "small"......

....more like wast real big......

6'0 190 ish.....

zimonami
05-13-2009, 10:16 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Normally, SEC105, I'd think this was a great answer, cuz Atkins was a great and feared DE. But, YA saidthe manwas small. There was nothing small about Doug Atkins... lol... he was a 6'8", finely proportioned monster. Gotta be someone else. </P>

I'm clueless on this one... my brain won't let me remember.</P>

6'0 190 ish.....

</P>

OK, I looked a long time, and finally found reference to Jim David... 5'10", 170# Defensive back with Detroit from '52 - '59. He broke Tittles jaw, and Tom Fears neck, but I found no reference to his breaking Stroud's jaw. He was nicknamed the Hatchet and loved to hit.</P>

YATittle1962
05-13-2009, 10:41 PM
The Hatchet... this is killing me. I know that I know this answer, and I can't extract it from my brain. I'll sleep on it. A good question.</p>

Wild guess Doug Atkins of the Bears?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Normally, SEC105, I'd think this was a great answer, cuz Atkins was a great and feared DE. But, YA saidthe manwas small. There was nothing small about Doug Atkins... lol... he was a 6'8", finely proportioned monster. Gotta be someone else. </p>

I'm clueless on this one... my brain won't let me remember.</p>

6'0 190 ish.....

</p>

OK, I looked a long time, and finally found reference to Jim David... 5'10", 170# Defensive back with Detroit from '52 - '59. He broke Tittles jaw, and Tom Fears neck, but I found no reference to his breaking Stroud's jaw. He was nicknamed the Hatchet and loved to hit.</p>

its Hardy "the Hatchet" Brown

.......he was a ruthless SOB

zimonami
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
I was wrong, YA... the name hardy Brown was not locked in my memory. If I ever heard his name in reference to breaking Stroud's jaw, I forgot it just as quickly.

zimonami
05-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Who was our leading reciver in 1975... Joe Dawkins, Ray Rhodes, Bob Tucker. Walker Gillette, or Ron Johnson,

YATittle1962
05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Who was our leading reciver in 1975... Joe Dawkins, Ray Rhodes, Bob Tucker. Walker Gillette, or Ron Johnson,

that was Walker Gillette...his best season as a pro if Im not mistaken.....

I remember him making a great catch at Shea against his old team the Chargers in 1975...I thought he would be with us for a while.....I was wrong......

.....who led the team in INTs that same year...?

SEC105
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM

I remember him making a great catch at Shea against his old team the Chargers in 1975...I thought he would be with us for a while.....I was wrong......

</P>

Bobby Brooks ? Just off the top ofmy head</P>

Like Z mentioned I remember Atkins as being HUGE Thought he might fit the bill on the other question but no luck</P>

From whom did the Giants obtain Alex Webster?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM

</p>

Bobby Brooks ? Just off the top ofmy head</p>

Like Z mentioned I remember Atkins as being HUGE Thought he might fit the bill on the other question but no luck</p>

From whom did the Giants obtain Alex Webster?</p>

Z</p>

Brooks is right brother.....

.....I believe Webster was drafted by Washington.........that could be totaly wrong ......

??????

SEC105
05-14-2009, 03:51 PM

</P>

Like Z mentioned I remember Atkins as being HUGE Thought he might fit the bill on the other question but no luck</P>

Z</P>

.....I believe Webster was drafted by Washington.........that could be totaly wrong ......

??????
</P>

Y A He was cut by the Redskins a few years earlier and moved to this team [kinda of a trick question] when the Giants obtained Big Red from them</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
05-14-2009, 06:01 PM

</P>

Z</P>

??????
</P>

Y A He was cut by the Redskins a few years earlier and moved to this team [kinda of a trick question] when the Giants obtained Big Red from them</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Not a trick question... he went to the Montreal Alouettes for 2 seasons, then the Giants got him.</P>

Back in the early days of ABC's Wide World of Sports they'd carry the Grey Cup every year. I came to enjoy watching the Canadian football. One Grey Cup game, maybe '63, was played in the thickest fog you could imagine. Visibility was about 10-15 yards and the danged QB's were completing about 50%. QB would throw the ball, it would disappear in the fog, and you'd wait for them to find out if it was completed or not. They were completing 30-40 yard passes... it was unreal.</P>

SEC105
05-14-2009, 09:03 PM

</P>

Z</P>

??????
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Not a trick question... he went to the Montreal Alouettes for 2 seasons, then the Giants got him.</P>

Back in the early days of ABC's Wide World of Sports they'd carry the Grey Cup every year. I came to enjoy watching the Canadian football. One Grey Cup game, maybe '63, was played in the thickest fog you could imagine. Visibility was about 10-15 yards and the danged QB's were completing about 50%. QB would throw the ball, it would disappear in the fog, and you'd wait for them to find out if it was completed or not. They were completing 30-40 yard passes... it was unreal.</P>

</P>

Thats right Z. Good call Big Red was MVP of the Canadian Football League the year we got him from Montreal if my Giant history is correct. The NFL and CFL got into somewhat of small war over players being lured north and the Maras decided to strike back. </P>

I used to love to watchWide World of Sports [the skier going off that ramp in the beginning of every show ......ouch] and remember watching the Grey Cup on it. Remember that playofffog game between the Eagles and Bears around 1990? Strange stuff</P>

This guyHakeem Nicks looks like a good pick @ WR. It got me to wondering ..........what wide receivers have the Giants drafted [other than Rocky Thompson] over the years in the first round? Not many I can recall? You guys got any ideas?</P>

YATittle1962
05-14-2009, 09:09 PM

</p>

Bobby Brooks ? Just off the top ofmy head</p>

Like Z mentioned I remember Atkins as being HUGE Thought he might fit the bill on the other question but no luck</p>

From whom did the Giants obtain Alex Webster?</p>

Z</p>

??????
</p>

Y A He was cut by the Redskins a few years earlier and moved to this team [kinda of a trick question] when the Giants obtained Big Red from them</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Not a trick question... he went to the Montreal Alouettes for 2 seasons, then the Giants got him.</p>

Back in the early days of ABC's Wide World of Sports they'd carry the Grey Cup every year. I came to enjoy watching the Canadian football. One Grey Cup game, maybe '63, was played in the thickest fog you could imagine. Visibility was about 10-15 yards and the danged QB's were completing about 50%. QB would throw the ball, it would disappear in the fog, and you'd wait for them to find out if it was completed or not. They were completing 30-40 yard passes... it was unreal.</p>

</p>

Thats right Z. Good call Big Red was MVP of the Canadian Football League the year we got him from Montreal if my Giant history is correct. The NFL and CFL got into somewhat of small war over players being lured north and the Maras decided to strike back. </p>

I used to love to watchWide World of Sports [the skier going off that ramp in the beginning of every show ......ouch] and remember watching the Grey Cup on it. Remember that playofffog game between the Eagles and Bears around 1990? Strange stuff</p>

This guyHakeem Nicks looks like a good pick @ WR. It got me to wondering ..........what wide receivers have the Giants drafted [other than Rocky Thompson] over the years in the first round? Not many I can recall? You guys got any ideas?</p>

lets see if I can get the old noggin workin........

there was...

....Mark Ingram
.....Lewis....cant remember his first name.....[:|]
...Ike Hilliard

to my knowledge they are the only ones........

...and yes Nicks looks very good......this kid is gunna be somethin else.....

zimonami
05-14-2009, 09:43 PM

</P>

Z</P>

??????
</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Thats right Z. Good call Big Red was MVP of the Canadian Football League the year we got him from Montreal if my Giant history is correct. The NFL and CFL got into somewhat of small war over players being lured north and the Maras decided to strike back. </P>

I used to love to watchWide World of Sports [the skier going off that ramp in the beginning of every show ......ouch] and remember watching the Grey Cup on it. Remember that playofffog game between the Eagles and Bears around 1990? Strange stuff</P>

This guyHakeem Nicks looks like a good pick @ WR. It got me to wondering ..........what wide receivers have the Giants drafted [other than Rocky Thompson] over the years in the first round? Not many I can recall? You guys got any ideas?</P>

lets see if I can get the old noggin workin........

there was...

....Mark Ingram
.....Lewis....cant remember his first name.....[:|]
...Ike Hilliard

to my knowledge they are the only ones........

...and yes Nicks looks very good......this kid is gunna be somethin else.....
</P>

I think you got them all, YA, and it was Thomas Lewis. The surprising thing is that Ingram was the first WR ever taken in the 1st round by the Gmen... after 50+ drafts. </P>

flyinryan
05-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I got one. This concerns ex-Giants. OK, 2 kickers and 1 punter. At some point early in their careers they were Giants. The kickers were originally Giants while the punter was a part of the Giants even though it wasn't his 1st team. They all played in a Pro Bowl (1 each), 1 was drafted by the Giants while the other 2 went undrafted. </P>

Name the 2 kickers and 1 punter that I am talking about. </P>

YATittle1962
05-15-2009, 01:56 AM
I got one. This concerns ex-Giants. OK, 2 kickers and 1 punter. At some point early in their careers they were Giants. The kickers were originally Giants while the punter was a part of the Giants even though it wasn't his 1st team. They all played in a Pro Bowl (1 each), 1 was drafted by the Giants while the other 2 went undrafted. </p>

Name the 2 kickers and 1 punter that I am talking about. </p>

Im pretty sure the Giants only pro bowl kickers and punters are......

..Dave Jennings
Sean Landetta
Ali Haji Shiekh
John Carney
Jeff Feagles

oh wait....ex Giants.........now im confused....

Zimmy help me out............

little blue
05-15-2009, 02:00 AM
How about Pat Summerall?

little blue
05-15-2009, 02:00 AM
How about Pat Summerall?

YATittle1962
05-15-2009, 02:02 AM
How about Pat Summerall?
dont think Pat was ever a pro bowler

little blue
05-15-2009, 02:10 AM
How about Pat Summerall?
dont think Pat was ever a pro bowler

I'm not sure if they had pro bowls back then but i thought he was a forsure allpro kicker.

YATittle1962
05-15-2009, 02:16 AM
I got one. This concerns ex-Giants. OK, 2 kickers and 1 punter. At some point early in their careers they were Giants. The kickers were originally Giants while the punter was a part of the Giants even though it wasn't his 1st team. They all played in a Pro Bowl (1 each), 1 was drafted by the Giants while the other 2 went undrafted. </p>

Name the 2 kickers and 1 punter that I am talking about. </p>

Im pretty sure the Giants only pro bowl kickers and punters are......

..Dave Jennings
Sean Landetta
Ali Haji Shiekh
John Carney
Jeff Feagles

oh wait....ex Giants.........now im confused....

Zimmy help me out............

Don Chandler was a pro bowl kicker with the Packers
Pete Gogolak went as a Bill
Curley Johnson wen as a Jet
Mike Horan went as a bronco
David Treadwell went as a bronco
Morton Andersen went with a few teams

...gotta be in there somewhere

zimonami
05-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I got one. This concerns ex-Giants. OK, 2 kickers and 1 punter. At some point early in their careers they were Giants. The kickers were originally Giants while the punter was a part of the Giants even though it wasn't his 1st team. They all played in a Pro Bowl (1 each), 1 was drafted by the Giants while the other 2 went undrafted. </P>

Name the 2 kickers and 1 punter that I am talking about. </P>

</P>

YA should have pegged the kickers.</P>

Sean Landeta played with the Phil Stars of the USFL for 2 seasons before coming to the Giants... he could be the one.</P>

flyinryan
05-15-2009, 02:29 PM
So far no one got it right. I will give you all a hint. What I meant by being Giants at some point not only means possibly during the season, but they could possibly be Giants only during the off-season.</P>

One kicker is currently on his 3rd team regular season wise and the Giants signed him as an undrafted free agent in 1996</P>

The otherkicker the Giants drafted before one of their Superbowl seasons. He has kicked for one team regular season wise and has become one of the best, more consistent kickers in NFL history. He is currently a free agent. </P>

The punter was signed by the Giants in 1997, but that wasn't the first NFL team to sign him. He hasn't played since the 2007 season and he was signed because of an injury to the teams original punter.</P>

SEC105
05-15-2009, 03:05 PM
So far no one got it right. I will give you all a hint. What I meant by being Giants at some point not only means possibly during the season, but they could possibly be Giants only during the off-season.</P>

One kicker is currently on his 3rd team regular season wise and the Giants signed him as an undrafted free agent in 1996</P>

The otherkicker the Giants drafted before one of their Superbowl seasons. He has kicked for one team regular season wise and has become one of the best, more consistent kickers in NFL history. He is currently a free agent. </P>

The punter was signed by the Giants in 1997, but that wasn't the first NFL team to sign him. He hasn't played since the 2007 season and he was signed because of an injury to the teams original punter.</P>

</P>

FR Not sure if I'm reading this right so I'll just throw some names out. Punter Brad Maynard and Kickers Matt Bahr and Morten Anderson. Or are you saying one of the kickers never played in the regular season for the Giants?</P>

Z</P>

flyinryan
05-15-2009, 11:48 PM

</P>

FR Not sure if I'm reading this right so I'll just throw some names out. Punter Brad Maynard and Kickers Matt Bahr and Morten Anderson. Or are you saying one of the kickers never played in the regular season for the Giants?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Sorry for the delay, I was out most of the day. First I went to the mall with my family, and then I had to work. </P>

The 2nd part. In fact, none of the 3 played a regular season down for the Giants. I hope that clears it up. One kicker was in 1990, the other kicker was signed in 1996, and the punter was signed in 1997, and the Giants weren't the only team he was on during that off-season. </P>

YATittle1962
05-15-2009, 11:57 PM
So far no one got it right. I will give you all a hint. What I meant by being Giants at some point not only means possibly during the season, but they could possibly be Giants only during the off-season.</p>

One kicker is currently on his 3rd team regular season wise and the Giants signed him as an undrafted free agent in 1996</p>

The otherkicker the Giants drafted before one of their Superbowl seasons. He has kicked for one team regular season wise and has become one of the best, more consistent kickers in NFL history. He is currently a free agent. </p>

The punter was signed by the Giants in 1997, but that wasn't the first NFL team to sign him. He hasn't played since the 2007 season and he was signed because of an injury to the teams original punter.</p>

</p>

FR Not sure if I'm reading this right so I'll just throw some names out. Punter Brad Maynard and Kickers Matt Bahr and Morten Anderson. Or are you saying one of the kickers never played in the regular season for the Giants?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Sorry for the delay, I was out most of the day. First I went to the mall with my family, and then I had to work. </p>

The 2nd part. In fact, none of the 3 played a regular season down for the Giants. I hope that clears it up. One kicker was in 1990, the other kicker was signed in 1996, and the punter was signed in 1997, and the Giants weren't the only team he was on during that off-season. </p>

ok in 1990 we had Matt Bahr and Raul Allegre....but neither of them were ever pro bowlers I dont think.....

96 was Daluiso Im pretty sure....and he was never a probowler.....

...and 97 was Maynard....and he was never a pro bowler....

....so this question is getting more and more confusing the further it goes......

YATittle1962
05-16-2009, 12:19 AM
ok boys...here is an extremely tough one....

[;)]

who was that last NC Tarheel the Giants selected in the first round before Nicks?

zimonami
05-16-2009, 12:57 AM
ok boys...here is an extremely tough one....

[;)]

who was that last NC Tarheel the Giants selected in the first round before Nicks?
</P>

lol, Ya, good try at saying this was a tough one. There can only be one, and that is the one and only LT.</P>

YATittle1962
05-16-2009, 01:18 AM
...so that other thread had me thinking of the Yale bowl.....

what room in the Yale Bowl did the Giants use as their locker room?

heavyhitter
05-16-2009, 01:26 AM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2008/09000d5d807ffa13_video_thumbnail_80_60.jpg&amp;imgrefu rl=http://www.nfl.com/goto%3Fid%3D09000d5d8080056d&amp;usg=__wGI5UEv7hY0ZeeZ ljTMpYjsMyyQ=&amp;h=60&amp;w=80&amp;sz=3&amp;hl=en&amp;start=450&amp;um=1&amp; tbnid=hUZL6KRPEqx5TM:&amp;tbnh=56&amp;tbnw=74&amp;prev=/images%3Fq%3Dimages%2Bof%2Bkenny%2Bphillips%26ndsp %3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D432%26um%3D1

heavyhitter
05-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Sorry bout that, wrong thread -

flyinryan
05-16-2009, 01:47 AM

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Sorry for the delay, I was out most of the day. First I went to the mall with my family, and then I had to work. </P>

The 2nd part. In fact, none of the 3 played a regular season down for the Giants. I hope that clears it up. One kicker was in 1990, the other kicker was signed in 1996, and the punter was signed in 1997, and the Giants weren't the only team he was on during that off-season. </P>

ok in 1990 we had Matt Bahr and Raul Allegre....but neither of them were ever pro bowlers I dont think.....

96 was Daluiso Im pretty sure....and he was never a probowler.....

...and 97 was Maynard....and he was never a pro bowler....

....so this question is getting more and more confusing the further it goes......
</P>

YA, ok, remember it's the off-season. I apologize if I sounded confusing, but I meant that even if it concerns the off-season, all 3 of the players were with the Giants at some point in their careers. I will in a way give you the three answers or part of them.</P>

Kicker #1 - In 1990, the Giants drafted a kicker in the 12th round. That kicker didn't play, I think because he was injured, so he missed his entire rookie season. He then would move on to another team and would become a very consistent, and great kicker. He is a 83%+ kicker and he has the NFL record for most consecutive extra points made. All of this with the same team technically. </P>

Kicker #2 - In 1996 the Giants signed a kicker and he spent the 1996 season on the practice squad. He would then be released, and would end up on an AFC team, which is the team he is best known for, and when he went to his 1st and only Pro Bowl appearance. Right now he is on his 3rd team, 2nd NFC team. </P>

Punter - In 1997 this punter was a part of the team during training camp, but he didn't make it out of the pre-season. He went undrafted in 1993, but he was 1st signed by a CFL team in 1995, but that was the team's only season. Prior to the Giants he signed with another NFC team a year before. Ironically that would be the team he would return to and would earn a Pro Bowl appearance. </P>

Hope this helps everyone. </P>

zimonami
05-16-2009, 10:04 AM
OK Ryan, That is a good job of clarifying the choices. Matt Stover should be the answer to No. 1. </P>

Got to go out... I'll be back and hope I can think of No 2 and 3.</P>

</P>

YA, I can remember the papers talking about the accomodations at the Yale Bowl, but just can't remember exactly what was the Giants dressing room. Whatever it was, I hope it was better than the visiting team accomodations.</P>

The best thing about the Yale Bowl was that it was only 1/2 hour from where I lived at that time. Does Yale still play their games in the Bowl? Has it been renovated in the last 30+ years?</P>

flyinryan
05-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Very good zimonami, you got it right on. </P>

I will try to figure out YA's.</P>

YATittle1962
05-16-2009, 03:05 PM
OK Ryan, That is a good job of clarifying the choices. Matt Stover should be the answer to No. 1. </p>

Got to go out... I'll be back and hope I can think of No 2 and 3.</p>

</p>

YA, I can remember the papers talking about the accomodations at the Yale Bowl, but just can't remember exactly what was the Giants dressing room. Whatever it was, I hope it was better than the visiting team accomodations.</p>

The best thing about the Yale Bowl was that it was only 1/2 hour from where I lived at that time. Does Yale still play their games in the Bowl? Has it been renovated in the last 30+ years?</p>

Im pretty sure the Yale Bowl had a little face lift in the early 90s....could be wrong though.....

I think Yale still plays there......

....for some reason the concrete bull dogs head near the press box stands out in my mind....I wonder if that is still there.......

...the Giants dressed in the womens lockeroom of the Yale Bowl....

.....there is a story I have heard over the years where ...Im not sure if it was Alex Webster or Bill Arnsbarger.....was giving a speach before the game....trying to pump the team up in the womens lockeroom......and behind him hung a huge sign that read Beat Radcliffe........
always thought that was funny

...how did YA Tittle find out he was traded to the Giants?

zimonami
05-17-2009, 10:16 AM
OK Ryan, That is a good job of clarifying the choices. Matt Stover should be the answer to No. 1. </P>

Got to go out... I'll be back and hope I can think of No 2 and 3.</P>

</P>

YA, I can remember the papers talking about the accomodations at the Yale Bowl, but just can't remember exactly what was the Giants dressing room. Whatever it was, I hope it was better than the visiting team accomodations.</P>

The best thing about the Yale Bowl was that it was only 1/2 hour from where I lived at that time. Does Yale still play their games in the Bowl? Has it been renovated in the last 30+ years?</P>

Im pretty sure the Yale Bowl had a little face lift in the early 90s....could be wrong though.....

....for some reason the concrete bull dogs head near the press box stands out in my mind....I wonder if that is still there.......

.....there is a story I have heard over the years where ...Im not sure if it was Alex Webster or Bill Arnsbarger.....was giving a speach before the game....trying to pump the team up in the womens lockeroom......and behind him hung a huge sign that read Beat Radcliffe........

</P>

I'm thinking one of the Giant Players called him, but I just can't remember for sure</P>

YATittle1962
05-17-2009, 12:46 PM
OK Ryan, That is a good job of clarifying the choices. Matt Stover should be the answer to No. 1. </p>

</p>

YA, I can remember the papers talking about the accomodations at the Yale Bowl, but just can't remember exactly what was the Giants dressing room. Whatever it was, I hope it was better than the visiting team accomodations.</p>

The best thing about the Yale Bowl was that it was only 1/2 hour from where I lived at that time. Does Yale still play their games in the Bowl? Has it been renovated in the last 30+ years?</p>

</p>

I'm thinking one of the Giant Players called him, but I just can't remember for sure</p>

its actually a really funny story...just read it in a book his daughter wrote...

you will appreciate this one Zimmy....

the Giants were playing the 49ers in a pre season game around the time the 9ers were trying to switch to the more mobile type quarterback....

..Tittle watched the first half from the sidelines then he was put in in the second half and noticed the Giants defense being strangely kind to him......

...notably Sam Huff.....after a hit where Tittle felt Sam was holding back Sam said "excuse me" picked him up and dusted him off...as Sam walked back to the defense over his shoulder he says "sorry YA"...

...naturally Tittle though this was very strange....the whole game it was like he could do anything and nobody would rush him.....

..coming off the field after the game Huff ran up to him and said "YA I want to be the first to congratulate you"
YA says "for what"

Sam says "you are a NY Giants and we are damn glad to have you."

Sam proceeded to tell him Allie Sherman had told the team before the game...anyone who lays a finger on him gets fined $100...........

...I thought that was a great story......

jints10
05-17-2009, 01:16 PM

</p>

</p>

I'm thinking one of the Giant Players called him, but I just can't remember for sure</p>

its actually a really funny story...just read it in a book his daughter wrote...

you will appreciate this one Zimmy....

the Giants were playing the 49ers in a pre season game around the time the 9ers were trying to switch to the more mobile type quarterback....

..Tittle watched the first half from the sidelines then he was put in in the second half and noticed the Giants defense being strangely kind to him......

...notably Sam Huff.....after a hit where Tittle felt Sam was holding back Sam said "excuse me" picked him up and dusted him off...as Sam walked back to the defense over his shoulder he says "sorry YA"...

...naturally Tittle though this was very strange....the whole game it was like he could do anything and nobody would rush him.....

..coming off the field after the game Huff ran up to him and said "YA I want to be the first to congratulate you"
YA says "for what"

Sam says "you are a NY Giants and we are damn glad to have you."

Sam proceeded to tell him Allie Sherman had told the team before the game...anyone who lays a finger on him gets fined $100...........

...I thought that was a great story......

No doubt, cool story!

jints10
05-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Who caught the first TD in the 2000 NFC Championship game?

zimonami
05-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Very cool story. I know that I've read that before, but it had to be years ago cuz I couldn't remember. Recently I read that the Giants were initially very cool to YA because, of course, they had Conerly. Once they realized that YA was going to be the man, and Conerly at 38 was just too old,they accepted him. It still bums me that the Giants didn't win a Championship with YA. In '63, for sure,we were the better team, but the weatherwas bitter cold and icyand we couldn't get our passing game untracked

zimonami
05-17-2009, 02:19 PM
</P>

</P>

Pretty sure that was Ike Hilliard. 41-0. As Randy Moss said, 41 to doughnut. I sat there with my son in Giants Stadium and we couldn't stop smiling. So much promise for the SB, and then the Colts D just owned Collins.</P>

gumby742
05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Who starred in the first pirate movie? I don't know but it was rated RRRRRRR.

flyinryan
05-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Ike Hilliard caught the 1st td pass. </P>

OK, so I will reveal the answers to my question. Matt Stover was one of them and zimonami got that right. The other kicker was Olindo Mare. The punter was Scott Player. Interesting stuff. </P>

jints10
05-17-2009, 02:42 PM
</p>

</p>

Pretty sure that was Ike Hilliard. 41-0. As Randy Moss said, 41 to doughnut. I sat there with my son in Giants Stadium and we couldn't stop smiling. So much promise for the SB, and then the Colts D just owned Collins.</p>
Lol yea Zim was Hillard but was the Ravens not the Colts. Kerry played the whole second half of the Super Bowl with a separated shoulder. Not many people know that.

YATittle1962
05-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Very cool story. I know that I've read that before, but it had to be years ago cuz I couldn't remember. Recently I read that the Giants were initially very cool to YA because, of course, they had Conerly. Once they realized that YA was going to be the man, and Conerly at 38 was just too old,they accepted him. It still bums me that the Giants didn't win a Championship with YA. In '63, for sure,we were the better team, but the weatherwas bitter cold and icyand we couldn't get our passing game untracked

we should have won that damn 63 game.....and would have if Tittles knee didnt blow out......

that broke my little heart.........

YATittle1962
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
</p>

</p>

Pretty sure that was Ike Hilliard. 41-0. As Randy Moss said, 41 to doughnut. I sat there with my son in Giants Stadium and we couldn't stop smiling. So much promise for the SB, and then the Colts D just owned Collins.</p>
Lol yea Zim was Hillard but was the Ravens not the Colts. Kerry played the whole second half of the Super Bowl with a separated shoulder. Not many people know that.

it just wasnt in the cards that day.....

I am glad to see Kerry doing well now.....for a while he was judged by that SB game and it was unfair.....

he was a much much better QB than Dilfer.....just couldnt get it done that day.......

Zimmy I always do the same thing.......I call the Ravens the Colts by accident.......the mind slips after 50....hahaha

zimonami
05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
</P>

</P>

Pretty sure that was Ike Hilliard. 41-0. As Randy Moss said, 41 to doughnut. I sat there with my son in Giants Stadium and we couldn't stop smiling. So much promise for the SB, and then the Colts D just owned Collins.</P>

it just wasnt in the cards that day.....

I am glad to see Kerry doing well now.....for a while he was judged by that SB game and it was unfair.....

he was a much much better QB than Dilfer.....just couldnt get it done that day.......

Zimmy I always do the same thing.......I call the Ravens the Colts by accident.......the mind slips after 50....hahaha
</P>

Whoa... lol... yes, I pulled adim brainer. I'm picturing Ray Lewis in my brain, and then write Colts.</P>

And, wow, I am one of those who didn't know aboutKerry's shoulder. I'm sympathetic... I had a separated shoulder my HS senior year. I was QB, and couldn't play. But, I also knew that Kerry was poor at reading defenses. The Colts D confused him. The following year Fassel removed his audibling... because Kerry was likely to call an even worse play than was sent in, and mentally botched it several times. I liked him, thought he had great tools, but was slow learner. Watching him last year, I think his experience has made him better.</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Ron Johnson 1970

anyone have one?

</P>

1003 yards.</P>