PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53

fansince69
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Sam Huff...not it and its not that obvious.....

conerly42
02-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Ernie Wheelwright?

zimonami
02-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Ernie Wheelwright?
Ernie was a RB, back around '64-'65.

I think maybe YA will have a chance to remember our other 1st rnd LB. I looked it up and remember it well, but not without peeking.

Here's a goody...
In '64 the Giants drafted 3 straight RB's... Joe Don Looney-toons #1, Steve Thurlow #2, and our next in the 4th round, a RB that never played with us, but everyone knows of him.
Who was our 4th rnd RB choice that year?

fansince69
02-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Matt Snell...was on the 69 jets I believe

zimonami
02-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Matt Snell...was on the 69 jets I believe
good job
We would have been very happy with Snell. He and Emerson Boozer made an excellent backfield for the Jets.
Snell was really the MVP of SB III... but, who was going to keep if from namath after his 'guarantee"?

YATittle1962
02-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Eric Davis?

Eric Davis it was

Simms did finish that game .......why ?

YATittle1962
02-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Ernie was a RB, back around '64-'65.

I think maybe YA will have a chance to remember our other 1st rnd LB. I looked it up and remember it well, but not without peeking.

Here's a goody...
In '64 the Giants drafted 3 straight RB's... Joe Don Looney-toons #1, Steve Thurlow #2, and our next in the 4th round, a RB that never played with us, but everyone knows of him.
Who was our 4th rnd RB choice that year?

did anyone mention Hillebrand for 1st round LBs?.....he wore an odd number for LBs ...what was it ?

cannot for the life of me remember the 4th round pick that year ....I remember Looney tunes and of course Thurlow......but can't recall another back

zimonami
02-17-2013, 09:30 PM
did anyone mention Hillebrand for 1st round LBs?.....he wore an odd number for LBs ...what was it ?

cannot for the life of me remember the 4th round pick that year ....I remember Looney tunes and of course Thurlow......but can't recall another back
Good job with the Hillebrand answer, YA. I don't remember his #.. The number 66 creeps in my brain, but I want to say that maybe Jim Files wore that number... I'll have to peek because I'm probably way off... 66 is usally an OL.

fansince69 answered the other, 4th rnd RB for the Giants after picking Looney and Thurlow... it was Matt Snell.

I see rbcarpenter all the time on FB... will try to get him bacl here.

fansince69
02-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Good job with the Hillebrand answer, YA. I don't remember his #.. The number 66 creeps in my brain, but I want to say that maybe Jim Files wore that number... I'll have to peek because I'm probably way off... 66 is usally an OL.

fansince69 answered the other, 4th rnd RB for the Giants after picking Looney and Thurlow... it was Matt Snell.

I see rbcarpenter all the time on FB... will try to get him bacl here.I think files wore 71 ...but could be wrong

fansince69
02-17-2013, 09:38 PM
I think files wore 71 ...but could be wrongafter I said that I looked it up....he wore 58....so that means 2 of our 4 LBs picked first wore 58 banks and files

zimonami
02-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Files wore 58... boy is my brain slipping.
And, YA is right... Hillebrand had a very odd number for a LB. In fact, I'm surprised he was allowed to wear it.

fansince69
02-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Files wore 58... boy is my brain slipping.
And, YA is right... Hillebrand had a very odd number for a LB. In fact, I'm surprised he was allowed to wear it....I know what you mean...things I used to be able to rattle right off......

jomo
02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Matt Snell...was on the 69 jets I believeWell there's one I don't remember. Heckuva back that Snell but more of bruiser in the old full back mold.

byron
02-27-2013, 11:09 PM
I got nothing

bumping up... how's everybody liking the moves so far...throughts on kp ?

zimonami
02-27-2013, 11:33 PM
I got nothing

bumping up... how's everybody liking the moves so far...throughts on kp ?
Beatty... 38 mil for 5 yrs??? Wow. Totally unproven, in my eyes, hasn't been the reliable man when we needed to convert 3rd and 2. A sorry state when Beatty is our best OL. Don't get me wrong, he will only get better. OLs are at their best 28-31. But, after 3 (?) OK seasons he's worth $7M/yr?
KP? getting older, but I think he'll be better this season than last after another year past his surgeries. We have so many holes to fill and question marks that I say keep him in blue.
I finally figured it out... I have said, as have others, that we have no depth at many ppositions... OL, LB, DL. But, depth is not our problem... we have plenty of depth, but we have no outstanding starters at those positions... too many of our starters should just be depth, not starters.

byron
02-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Beatty... 38 mil for 5 yrs??? Wow. Totally unproven, in my eyes, hasn't been the reliable man when we needed to convert 3rd and 2. A sorry state when Beatty is our best OL. Don't get me wrong, he will only get better. OLs are at their best 28-31. But, after 3 (?) OK seasons he's worth $7M/yr?
KP? getting older, but I think he'll be better this season than last after another year past his surgeries. We have so many holes to fill and question marks that I say keep him in blue.
I finally figured it out... I have said, as have others, that we have no depth at many ppositions... OL, LB, DL. But, depth is not our problem... we have plenty of depth, but we have no outstanding starters at those positions... too many of our starters should just be depth, not starters. I guess if they can get KP for a desent price I just don't have much faith in his knees I feel bad for him he loves the game a long term deal probably won't happen for him....I throught the Beatty money was a lot also....the thing that I've been thinking is we have had a lot of players getting hurt and not playing much over the last few years and big payday guys on top of that.. you have your big money guys out/not playing because of injury or whatever its made it hard and like you say the depth may be plenty but its just not that good...Idk there just isn't money for better....Rooks are your best bang for the buck under this cba but you have to get them on the field....they are younger, healthier hopfully, and the price is right for a number of years....Hell I don't know **** about building a team ...but the big guys the ones in the trenches taking the beating game in and game out " the lines" need to stay faily young and come from the draft for the most part....And today LBs need to be fast......Idk just my thinking...

zimonami
02-28-2013, 02:34 AM
I guess if they can get KP for a desent price I just don't have much faith in his knees I feel bad for him he loves the game a long term deal probably won't happen for him....I throught the Beatty money was a lot also....the thing that I've been thinking is we have had a lot of players getting hurt and not playing much over the last few years and big payday guys on top of that.. you have your big money guys out/not playing because of injury or whatever its made it hard and like you say the depth may be plenty but its just not that good...Idk there just isn't money for better....Rooks are your best bang for the buck under this cba but you have to get them on the field....they are younger, healthier hopfully, and the price is right for a number of years....Hell I don't know **** about building a team ...but the big guys the ones in the trenches taking the beating game in and game out " the lines" need to stay faily young and come from the draft for the most part....And today LBs need to be fast......Idk just my thinking...
Kp's problem is very different than an ACL, like Adrian P... but, you know that. It's degenerative and will never be great. But, he played most of last season... which tells me he can last another. The question is, will he be as good as, or better than last year... which was very mediocre. But, he's a vet, knows the system, and can teach (I would hope) some young safety. And, like you say, the money has got to be right.
I'd just like to see Beatty, one time, plow the way for a definitive first down. Just blow that sucka away... whoever is across from you. Our Oline can't surge forward... it's a stalemate at the LOS and the RB's don't even have a crease... just a wall of bodies and nowhere to go.

jomo
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Kp's problem is very different than an ACL, like Adrian P... but, you know that. It's degenerative and will never be great. But, he played most of last season... which tells me he can last another. The question is, will he be as good as, or better than last year... which was very mediocre. But, he's a vet, knows the system, and can teach (I would hope) some young safety. And, like you say, the money has got to be right.
I'd just like to see Beatty, one time, plow the way for a definitive first down. Just blow that sucka away... whoever is across from you. Our Oline can't surge forward... it's a stalemate at the LOS and the RB's don't even have a crease... just a wall of bodies and nowhere to go...........and we seem to be circling around the same mediocre (as a group) unit that left us nowhere last year. Where is the upgrade coming on our weakest unit?

AllHailEli
02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Whaaaat?!! 1252 pages! Wowsa! No combined threads, right?

fansince69
02-28-2013, 06:13 PM
..........and we seem to be circling around the same mediocre (as a group) unit that left us nowhere last year. Where is the upgrade coming on our weakest unit?exactly.... and they are all a year older which for Beatty and Boothe might bode well...but the others coming off injury and older...might be going backwards from mediocre

zimonami
02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
exactly.... and they are all a year older which for Beatty and Boothe might bode well...but the others coming off injury and older...might be going backwards from mediocre
I always maintained that you couldn't win a SB with a mediocre Oline.... we had many good defenses thru the 70's and 80's, but didn't win our first SB untilwe had a very good line in '86 with the Suburbanites. They opened holes for Jow Morris that were literally 6-8 feet wide.
But, I was proven wrong in 2011 when we won with that very mediocre line... mainly because they could pass block, but they were horrid run blocking. The line we have now is more mediocre than 2011. I'm the eternal optimist, but I can't see us better than 8-8 if we don't upgrade in FA. You know a rookie can't come in and make a difference... so, it's got to be some solid FA's.

fansince69
03-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I always maintained that you couldn't win a SB with a mediocre Oline.... we had many good defenses thru the 70's and 80's, but didn't win our first SB untilwe had a very good line in '86 with the Suburbanites. They opened holes for Jow Morris that were literally 6-8 feet wide.
But, I was proven wrong in 2011 when we won with that very mediocre line... mainly because they could pass block, but they were horrid run blocking. The line we have now is more mediocre than 2011. I'm the eternal optimist, but I can't see us better than 8-8 if we don't upgrade in FA. You know a rookie can't come in and make a difference... so, it's got to be some solid FA's.Jumbo Elliot is the only rookie offensive lineman I can remember making an impact with the Giants....so I agree chances are slim.....Its odd that the suburbanites were so good because in reality none of those guys were all that great individually(except maybe Oates)but they played real well as a unit...similar to the 2007-2010 line

jomo
03-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Jumbo Elliot is the only rookie offensive lineman I can remember making an impact with the Giants....so I agree chances are slim.....Its odd that the suburbanites were so good because in reality none of those guys were all that great individually(except maybe Oates)but they played real well as a unit...similar to the 2007-2010 lineI am hoping for something to change the chemistry on the OL, but have no idea where it will come from.

fansince69
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I am hoping for something to change the chemistry on the OL, but have no idea where it will come from.I have no idea either....maybe Coughlin and Reese have a plan that none of us know about.....they usually have something up their sleeve that we as fans are clueless about

Alive741
03-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I have no idea either....maybe Coughlin and Reese have a plan that none of us know about.....they usually have something up their sleeve that we as fans are clueless aboutThat seems pretty safe to say..lol

keyofgmen
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
OK folks..need help. In another thread about Tynes, I said we once had a LB do kickoffs. I, for the life of me, can't remember who it was. I was thinking Steve DeOssie, but ?? I think it was late 80s?
One of the DYK geniuses must remember.

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 03:19 PM
gary reasons..to tell u the truth i dont think we ever did have a lb to kick the ball off

FBomb
03-03-2013, 03:34 PM
OK folks..need help. In another thread about Tynes, I said we once had a LB do kickoffs. I, for the life of me, can't remember who it was. I was thinking Steve DeOssie, but ?? I think it was late 80s?

I don't remember it happening, and I can't find any evidence anywhere.

keyofgmen
03-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't remember it happening, and I can't find any evidence anywhere.

Yup.I can't find evidence either. Hard to find any Stats on Kickoffs only. However, I'm positive it happened and am ticked I can't remember. I think it was Reasons actually.

ny06
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
The only player who I think could do that at the linebacker position was Brad Van Pelt. Hence why he wore #10, he was the Giants backup kicker as a rookie I believe. But he left the Giants after the 83 season.

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
didnt think it happened either atleast not since ive been a fan i would rmbr something like that

zimonami
03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Here's my 2 cents... I think Reasons is right... I think he kicked off to finish a game that Allegre started but couldn't finish... in '88 or '89.
In '88 Allegre played in 6 games, and Paul McFadden finished playing the last 10.
In '89 Allegre played in 10 games, and Bjorn Nittmo played the last 6.
Think Allegre got hurt in one of those last games, and Reasons Kicked off but didn't attempt an XP or FG.

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
well then im a genious then..hahah my giants knowledge runs deep

Roswell777
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
well then im a genious then..hahah my giants knowledge runs deep

I dont remember anything since the flood. All of my memories are gone lol.

zimonami
03-04-2013, 09:47 PM
I dont remember anything since the flood. All of my memories are gone lol.
Since the flood, Ros??
Was that the flood that Noah survived? ... or, was it the Sandy flood of more recent memory?

jomo
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Since the flood, Ros??
Was that the flood that Noah survived? ... or, was it the Sandy flood of more recent memory?From a Penn State alumni, I would say that everything revolves around the Johnstown flood.

zimonami
03-04-2013, 11:23 PM
From a Penn State alumni, I would say that everything revolves around the Johnstown flood.
Not being a Penn State alumni, that flood never crossed my mind, but it was pretty devastating

zimonami
03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm so freakin' mortified. I went to start a new thread and couldn't find a single place that led me to posting a new one. Can you believe... the old man hasn't started a new thread since the new boards came out.
Duuuhhhhh... someone tell me where to go to start one
I was simply going to ask peoples opinions on this story putting him at 15... less than 100 carries and they project him at 15, and expect him to be top 5 next season>
Now, let's get a blocker.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dynasty-ranks-running-backs-135300934--nfl.html
Going in for surgery, plate and screws, fo an ankle I broke Friday... see ya's later

jomo
03-06-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm so freakin' mortified. I went to start a new thread and couldn't find a single place that led me to posting a new one. Can you believe... the old man hasn't started a new thread since the new boards came out.
I was simply going to ask peoples opinions on this story putting him at 15... less than 100 carries and they project him at 15, and expect him to be top 5 next season>
Going in for surgery, plate and screws, fo an ankle I broke Friday... see ya's laterHey Zim, it's pretty easy, just go to the main link to talk about Giants football. The one that lists all the threads and has the stickys up top. Just above the big letters that say Forum: Talk about Giants football is a box that says "Post New Thread" or something like that.

zimonami
03-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Hey Zim, it's pretty easy, just go to the main link to talk about Giants football. The one that lists all the threads and has the stickys up top. Just above the big letters that say Forum: Talk about Giants football is a box that says "Post New Thread" or something like that.
I knew I'd feel stupid. TY, jomo... I wasn't on the TAGF page, which was why I was baffled. DUH.

Roswell777
03-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Hurricane Sandy. You know, the one that if you had flood insurance that the insurance companies are calling a hurricane and if you had hurricane insurance, like me, the insurance companies are calling it a flood. I live a half block from the beach and my office is a mile away. Two "floods" - one eight feet and one five feet. At least everyone is ok but lost tons of sentimental stuff. It's why I haven't been posting much. Too much construction that falls on me due to insurance denials.

jomo
03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Hurricane Sandy. You know, the one that if you had flood insurance that the insurance companies are calling a hurricane and if you had hurricane insurance, like me, the insurance companies are calling it a flood. I live a half block from the beach and my office is a mile away. Two "floods" - one eight feet and one five feet. At least everyone is ok but lost tons of sentimental stuff. It's why I haven't been posting much. Too much construction that falls on me due to insurance denials.Sorry to hear about Sandy smacking you hard. I was wondering where you've been, that explains it. Hang in there bro'.

keyofgmen
03-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Going in for surgery, plate and screws, fo an ankle I broke Friday... see ya's later

ZIm..good luck with surgery. Did ya break it kickin balls for your tryout for Tynes replacement?

zimonami
03-10-2013, 01:39 PM
ZIm..good luck with surgery. Did ya break it kickin balls for your tryout for Tynes replacement?
Thanks, Key
No, just simply tripped over a boot in a dark room. I didn't turn the light on.
Surgery this past Wednesday and put in a plate and 5 screws.
I'm hating these crutches, but it will pass.

zimonami
03-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Hurricane Sandy. You know, the one that if you had flood insurance that the insurance companies are calling a hurricane and if you had hurricane insurance, like me, the insurance companies are calling it a flood. I live a half block from the beach and my office is a mile away. Two "floods" - one eight feet and one five feet. At least everyone is ok but lost tons of sentimental stuff. It's why I haven't been posting much. Too much construction that falls on me due to insurance denials.
Bummer, Ross. I'm really sorry.
What town are you in?
I lived on the island and have several old friends from both north and south shores who were hurt badly.
Good luck with recovering. I hear ya about those muther insurance Co's.

ny06
03-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Who won the 1st NFL MVP?
*Hint it was called Joe F. Carr Trophy

Sovereign
03-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Put these events in order from first to last.

Ahmad Bradhaw's first TD vs Cowboys
JPP's first sack on Romo.
Osi's first sack on Romo.

zimonami
03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Put these events in order from first to last.

Ahmad Bradhaw's first TD vs Cowboys
JPP's first sack on Romo.
Osi's first sack on Romo.
I'll try:
Osi
Ahmad
JPP

zimonami
03-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Who won the 1st NFL MVP?
*Hint it was called Joe F. Carr Trophy
I tried googling this, NY, and found out a lot about Carr, and that the award was first given in '55... but, I could only find records showing Jim Brown winning it in 1957.
I'll guess Charley Conerley in '55.

Roswell777
03-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Bummer, Ross. I'm really sorry.
What town are you in?
I lived on the island and have several old friends from both north and south shores who were hurt badly.
Good luck with recovering. I hear ya about those muther insurance Co's.

Sheepshead Bay Zim. Got hit bad. Nothing left to do but rebuild and fight with ins. companies. Thank The Lord for FEMA.

Get well soon Zim.

zimonami
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Sheepshead Bay Zim. Got hit bad. Nothing left to do but rebuild and fight with ins. companies. Thank The Lord for FEMA.

Get well soon Zim.
Thanks, Ros. Finally back to work tomorrow, but crutches bite.
Yeah, your area was a disaster area. You were right in the middle of the worst, and with it coming off the water...
When Katrina hit New Orleans I heard FEMA's name mentioned derisively. After Sandy I've heard only good things. The insurance companies suck... plain and simple.
Good luck with your recovery. You'll be in my thoughts.

YATittle1962
04-20-2013, 09:51 PM
since 1971 the Giants have drafted 7 RBs not counting Wilson last season

name as many of the players or positions drafted in the first round the season after any or all of those first round RBs as you can

Sovereign
04-21-2013, 12:42 AM
I'll try:
Osi
Ahmad
JPP

I am a month late but you got it right...in reverse order. JPP got a sack on Romo before Bradshaw got a TD or Osi's sack. Amazing huh?

jomo
04-21-2013, 12:44 AM
since 1971 the Giants have drafted 7 RBs not counting Wilson last season

name as many of the players or positions drafted the season after any or all of those RBs as you canI'm assuming you mean 1st round draft picks YA so let me get this started.

All of these picks have largely been busts:

Butch Woolfolk
Jarrod Bunch
Tyrone Wheatley
Ron Dayne (ouch)

zimonami
04-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I'm assuming you mean 1st round draft picks YA so let me get this started.

All of these picks have largely been busts:

Butch Woolfolk
Jarrod Bunch
Tyrone Wheatley
Ron Dayne (ouch)
Ok, jomo... add George Adams and Rodney Hampton... and, I think Rocky Thompson was 1971.
If that is the 7... what are we doing next? Remembering the 1st round pick the yeaar AFTER thise 7 were picked.
Geezuz, YA... you come back with a vengeance.

bigjeep
04-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Last time I was on this thread, I was a lot younger!

jomo
04-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Ok, jomo... add George Adams and Rodney Hampton... and, I think Rocky Thompson was 1971.
If that is the 7... what are we doing next? Remembering the 1st round pick the yeaar AFTER thise 7 were picked.
Geezuz, YA... you come back with a vengeance.I guess there were at least 3 GM's involved in these picks but through all these years (excluding Wilson) we were 1 for 7 on drafting 1st round running backs. That is a pretty awful batting average. I guess we make up for it on the other side with lower round picks like Bradshaw and Jacobs.

YATittle1962
04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
I think I worded that question horribly

I meant the year after each first round RB.... what position and/or player was drafted in the 1st

zimonami
04-27-2013, 11:15 AM
has there been an rbcarpenter sighting?

ny06
04-27-2013, 11:20 AM
I haven't seen him post in over a year, maybe longer. Maybe he decided to have a life ;)
How you been Zim? Any thoughts on the draft so far?

YATittle1962
04-27-2013, 12:10 PM

I just saw his name pop up next to "welcome to new message boards"

miss that guy

BigBlueAllDay
04-27-2013, 12:53 PM
I think I worded that question horribly

I meant the year after each first round RB.... what position and/or player was drafted in the 1st

I know we drafted Will Allen, CB in the first the year after the Heisman Trophy first-round RB Ron Dayne for that Superbowl 2000 season... that's 1. lol

zimonami
04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
YA... we missed noting that the DYK thread passed 4 years. It is rarely used any more.
I think, if we want to rejuvenate it and get some new blood that we should throw all past questions out, and start from scratch, like we did back then, and ask questions without anyone saying it has already been asked. I mean, it's tough to find new stuff. Plus, there are probably peeps on here who weren't around back then and don't come on here cuz they think it's the 'old boys' thread.

rbcarpenter
04-27-2013, 02:28 PM
look at his #'s the 1st 2 years he played,he was pretty good,but misused as a fullback,and he was a tailback....by the way...I'M BACK!!!!!:)

rbcarpenter
04-27-2013, 02:30 PM
and how do i put my avatar back up????

keyofgmen
04-27-2013, 02:32 PM
YA... we missed noting that the DYK thread passed 4 years. It is rarely used any more.
I think, if we want to rejuvenate it and get some new blood that we should throw all past questions out, and start from scratch, like we did back then, and ask questions without anyone saying it has already been asked. I mean, it's tough to find new stuff. Plus, there are probably peeps on here who weren't around back then and don't come on here cuz they think it's the 'old boys' thread.

Yup..nothing wrong with asking same or similar questions...it would be real hard to go back through "the best thread ever" to find previous answers.

keyofgmen
04-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Who is the only ( I think) FB ever drafted #1 by Giants and what year?

rbcarpenter
04-27-2013, 02:45 PM
oh,guys,come on..me,have a life? i don't know what happened,but when the boards switched over a while back,something locked up my password and i.p. address,and i couldn't log back on,OR create a new account from my p.c...but thanks to roanokefan,i have returned!(trumpets blaring,lol!)....is it ernie koy? don't know what year...

zimonami
04-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Was Dayne drafted as a FB or RB. He was 2000?
Before that it would have to be Jarrod Bunch... '91 or '92 cuz he wasn't with us in the '90 SB.
Good question, Key...
YA... I didn't answer your question cuz it was too hard for my memory... I don't think I remembered any #1 pics the year after a RB was taken #1 by us.

zimonami
04-27-2013, 04:21 PM
oh,guys,come on..me,have a life? i don't know what happened,but when the boards switched over a while back,something locked up my password and i.p. address,and i couldn't log back on,OR create a new account from my p.c...but thanks to roanokefan,i have returned!(trumpets blaring,lol!)....is it ernie koy? don't know what year...
great to have you back, rbc :)

BigBlueAllDay
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Before that it would have to be Jarrod Bunch... '91 or '92 cuz he wasn't with us in the '90 SB.
Good question, Key...
YA... I didn't answer your question cuz it was too hard for my memory... I don't think I remembered any #1 pics the year after a RB was taken #1 by us.

Jarrod Bunch is an anwers too btw. That's 2 ;)

keyofgmen
04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Good question, Key...

91 Bunch correct

keyofgmen
04-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Do you believe Giants once drafted a G in round 1 & 2 !!!

Name them and year!

jomo
04-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Do you believe Giants once drafted a G in round 1 & 2 !!!

Name them and year!Were they Rosenfeld and Petigout? I know Luke played T for us but maybe he was a G in college...........and I know we drafted them 1, 2.

zimonami
04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
One year we took Eric Moore, G, and then Jumbo, a T.... '88
The next year we took Brian Williams, C, and Bob Kratch, G... '89
Do either of these qualify?
I think most people you ask would say Jumbo was a #1 pick.
Of those four, Kratch got the least play... yet, I'd be thrilled to have Kratch right now.

jomo
04-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Of those four, Kratch got the least play... yet, I'd be thrilled to have Kratch right now.I know they drafted John Hicks out of Ohiio State in 1974 in the first round. He surely was a guard but I have no idea who was drafted in the 2nd round that year.

zimonami
04-27-2013, 06:55 PM
I know they drafted John Hicks out of Ohiio State in 1974 in the first round. He surely was a guard but I have no idea who was drafted in the 2nd round that year.
I don't recall, either, jomo... but I knoe everyone considered Hicks to be a bust as a #1.
I hope Pugh can become an effective guard for us. We sure need some bulls to plow the road. Pugh is less than 310... I think he can add another 15.

Astorian
04-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Could it possibly have been Huff and Dess in, maybe, '55?

keyofgmen
04-27-2013, 07:43 PM
I know they drafted John Hicks out of Ohiio State in 1974 in the first round. He surely was a guard but I have no idea who was drafted in the 2nd round that year.

You are on to it Jomo

rbcarpenter
04-28-2013, 08:39 PM
wow,this thread used to be hoppin'...what happened?no questions or answers for nearly 24 hours...

jomo
04-28-2013, 08:46 PM
You are on to it JomoLol, I am going to be "onto it" for a LONG time because without researching this I have no clue. Someone out there will get this. I hope I am not embarrassed by the second round pick being an easy one. I have a feeling it is an obscure one.

YATittle1962
04-28-2013, 08:51 PM
the Giants drafted 14 HOFers

name them

fansince69
04-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Of those four, Kratch got the least play... yet, I'd be thrilled to have Kratch right now.Bob Kratch left and went with Parcells at New England and played for a while there.........The odd part of the Moore Elliot thing was Jumbo was the #2 pick and started from day 1 while Moore the #1 pick took a couple years to get playing time.....Brian Williams hurt his back( think it was a back) which cut his career short....just thought I would add to your info Zim

fansince69
04-28-2013, 09:01 PM

name themHuff Taylor Carson....Ill guess Gifford ....I want to say Sumerall but if he is there Its probably more for broadcasting...so not sure if you count him......Greer...guess....but pretty sure.....Shofner....Tunnel? did he get drafted?I know when I see them I will go...oh yeah forgot him....but off top of my head that is all I have....sorry Y.A....best I could do....pretty sure I have all the ones I saw ...and a few that were before me......how bout Tom Landry?

zimonami
04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Bob Kratch left and went with Parcells at New England and played for a while there.........The odd part of the Moore Elliot thing was Jumbo was the #2 pick and started from day 1 while Moore the #1 pick took a couple years to get playing time.....Brian Williams hurt his back( think it was a back) which cut his career short....just thought I would add to your info Zim
Yeah, I think it was the back with Williams. I thught he was going to be an all Pro. A shame.

zimonami
04-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Lol, I am going to be "onto it" for a LONG time because without researching this I have no clue. Someone out there will get this. I hope I am not embarrassed by the second round pick being an easy one. I have a feeling it is an obscure one.
I looked it up, jomo. Tom Mullen... I'll bet you do remember him.

zimonami
04-28-2013, 09:41 PM

name them
Fan since 69 got some of them... but, lol on the same mistake I have made a few times iin my life... don't know why... you said Rosey Greer when you meant Rosey Brown. He also got Huff, Taylor, Carson, Gifford, and Landry. But, Landry got in as a coach.
Then there were the obscure ones that didn't really play for us ... Maynard, Gary Zimmerman, and Art Donovan.
Then there's Tuffy leemans.
I'm not sure if we got Emlen Tunnel and Mel Hein in a draft...

jomo
04-28-2013, 09:43 PM
I looked it up, jomo. Tom Mullen... I'll bet you do remember him.Nope, no recollection whatsoever. So I went and did a little research. He was the second round pick out of SW Missouri State. He played for us for 4 years and started 12 games in 1976 at left tackle. It looks like he hung on for a year with St Louis before leaving the league. Thus ends the saga of the NYG going guard, guard in the first 2 rounds of a draft. Good DYK question, given our current OL needs.

fansince69
04-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Fan since 69 got some of them... but, lol on the same mistake I have made a few times iin my life... don't know why... you said Rosey Greer when you meant Rosey Brown. He also got Huff, Taylor, Carson, Gifford, and Landry. But, Landry got in as a coach.
Then there were the obscure ones that didn't really play for us ... Maynard, Gary Zimmerman, and Art Donovan.
Then there's Tuffy leemans.
I'm not sure if we got Emlen Tunnel and Mel Hein in a draft...Gary Zimmerman is in HOF?....the guy whose rights we traded to Minnesota back in the 80s?I am confused ...isn't Rosey Greer the big lineman who does needle point?

fansince69
04-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Nope, no recollection whatsoever. So I went and did a little research. He was the second round pick out of SW Missouri State. He played for us for 4 years and started 12 games in 1976 at left tackle. It looks like he hung on for a year with St Louis before leaving the league. Thus ends the saga of the NYG going guard, guard in the first 2 rounds of a draft. Good DYK question, given our current OL needs.I vaguely remember the name but never would have been able to use him in a question

jomo
04-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Gary Zimmerman is in HOF?....the guy whose rights we traded to Minnesota back in the 80s?I am confused ...isn't Rosey Greer the big lineman who does needle point?Yes that's Rosey Greer.
He played on a line with guys affectionaltely known as: Ro, Mo, Lo and Kat. Can you name those four players?

fansince69
04-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes that's Rosey Greer.
He played on a line with guys affectionaltely known as: Ro, Mo, Lo and Kat. Can you name those four players?ok my spelling wont be right but here goes...jim katkavich..Mojoleski.....Lo is escaping me lol

zimonami
04-28-2013, 10:08 PM
ok my spelling wont be right but here goes...jim katkavich..Mojoleski.....Lo is escaping me lol
John LoVotere

fansince69
04-28-2013, 10:25 PM
John LoVoterefunny part of that is even guys I never saw play.....I have been around the giants my whole life and I have at least heard most names......I have never even heard of him....which I find kind of disturbing lol

rbcarpenter
04-28-2013, 11:37 PM
...and robustelli was ro...:)

rbcarpenter
04-28-2013, 11:38 PM
and to the hall of famers drafted,there were also steve owen,mel hein,al blozsis,benny friedman,arnie weinmeister,and ken strong.

Astorian
04-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Yes that's Rosey Greer.
He played on a line with guys affectionaltely known as: Ro, Mo, Lo and Kat. Can you name those four players?It's DT Roosevelt Grier, not Greer, and he played with DE Andy Robustelli, DT Diick "Little Mo" Modzelewski, and DE Jim Katcavage. The "Little Mo" handle was a kind of doubly eponymous pun based on his older brother (whose first name I forget), who played fullback for the Browns, and was known as "Big Mo", and the WWII battleship USS Missouri, "Mighty Mo". (Another "Little Mo" of the era was tennis player Maureen Connolly). I have no idea who "Lo" could be. My mind is a blank on "LoVotere". I can't remember anyone with that name ever playing for the Giants. Instead of "Lo", is it possible you mean "Yo"? That would have been DE Walt Yowarsky, who was the starter until Robustelli came over from the Rams.

Astorian
04-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Huff Taylor Carson....Ill guess Gifford ....I want to say Sumerall but if he is there Its probably more for broadcasting...so not sure if you count him......Greer...guess....but pretty sure.....Shofner....Tunnel? did he get drafted?I know when I see them I will go...oh yeah forgot him....but off top of my head that is all I have....sorry Y.A....best I could do....pretty sure I have all the ones I saw ...and a few that were before me......how bout Tom Landry?The Giants didn't draft Summerall. The got him in a trade with the Cardinals. When he was with the Cardinals he was an offensive end in addition to being a place-kicker. In his early days with the Giants he actually caught a few passes.

zimonami
04-28-2013, 11:57 PM
It's DT Roosevelt Grier, not Greer, and he played with DE Andy Robustelli, DT Diick "Little Mo" Modzelewski, and DE Jim Katcavage. The "Little Mo" handle was a kind of doubly eponymous pun based on his older brother (whose first name I forget), who played fullback for the Browns, and was known as "Big Mo", and the WWII battleship USS Missouri, "Mighty Mo". (Another "Little Mo" of the era was tennis player Maureen Connolly). I have no idea who "Lo" could be. My mind is a blank on "LoVotere". I can't remember anyone with that name ever playing for the Giants. Instead of "Lo", is it possible you mean "Yo"? That would have been DE Walt Yowarsky, who was the starter until Robustelli came over from the Rams.
Lo was John LoVotere, DT for the Giants in '63 - '65

Astorian
04-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Lo was John LoVotere, DT for the Giants in '63 - '65Thanks, I have completely forgotten him.

YATittle1962
04-29-2013, 12:15 AM
It's DT Roosevelt Grier, not Greer, and he played with DE Andy Robustelli, DT Diick "Little Mo" Modzelewski, and DE Jim Katcavage. The "Little Mo" handle was a kind of doubly eponymous pun based on his older brother (whose first name I forget), who played fullback for the Browns, and was known as "Big Mo", and the WWII battleship USS Missouri, "Mighty Mo". (Another "Little Mo" of the era was tennis player Maureen Connolly). I have no idea who "Lo" could be. My mind is a blank on "LoVotere". I can't remember anyone with that name ever playing for the Giants. Instead of "Lo", is it possible you mean "Yo"? That would have been DE Walt Yowarsky, who was the starter until Robustelli came over from the Rams.

in 1963 it was Ro, Lo, Mo, & Kat

Robustelli, LoVetere, Modzelewski, and Katkavage

Lo was a probowler that year

what a great defense that was

Astorian
04-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Huff Taylor Carson....Ill guess Gifford ....I want to say Sumerall but if he is there Its probably more for broadcasting...so not sure if you count him......Greer...guess....but pretty sure.....Shofner....Tunnel? did he get drafted?I know when I see them I will go...oh yeah forgot him....but off top of my head that is all I have....sorry Y.A....best I could do....pretty sure I have all the ones I saw ...and a few that were before me......how bout Tom Landry?Del Schofner was another guy we didn't draft -- we got him in a trade with the Rams. He was a two-way player with the Rams (DB), but he played very little, if any, D for us.

jomo
04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
funny part of that is even guys I never saw play.....I have been around the giants my whole life and I have at least heard most names......I have never even heard of him....which I find kind of disturbing lolFor the uninitiated LoVatere was pronounced love a teer At least that's how Marty Glickman said it..

rbcarpenter
04-29-2013, 11:32 AM
hello,yat,how,ve you been?...;)

zimonami
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
hello,yat,how,ve you been?...;)
Howdy, rbc

jomo
04-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Del Schofner was another guy we didn't draft -- we got him in a trade with the Rams. He was a two-way player with the Rams (DB), but he played very little, if any, D for us.Where have you been hiding for the past 4 years? Keeping all this vintage Giants stuff to yourself.
PS, I can't visualize Shofner as a DB. I know the game has changed and he was a nice receiver for us but even in those day, he wasn't that fleet afoot.

zimonami
04-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Where have you been hiding for the past 10 years? Keeping all this vintage Giants stuff to yourself.
PS, I can't visualize Shofner as a DB. I know the game has changed and he was a nice receiver for us but even in those day, he wasn't that fleet afoot.
Picturing Shofner as a DB seems ludicrous. I see him being faked out of his jock more often than not. :)
Being a successful WR is one thing. Covering another team's WR is a totally other animal and, like you say, he was far from fleet afoot, or from having quick enough feet and reflexes to stay with another Pro's fakes. Maybe he was on special teams. Does Astoria or anyone else know if Del was a capable DB? Interesting.

Astorian
04-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Picturing Shofner as a DB seems ludicrous. I see him being faked out of his jock more often than not. :)
Being a successful WR is one thing. Covering another team's WR is a totally other animal and, like you say, he was far from fleet afoot, or from having quick enough feet and reflexes to stay with another Pro's fakes. Maybe he was on special teams. Does Astoria or anyone else know if Del was a capable DB? Interesting.I'm not sure why you think Schofner was slow. He had enough speed to get open deep consistently, and he was our lone deep threat for several years, after several very good years with the Rams. As far as I remember, he was considered a capable DB for them. As I said, he played little or no D for us, so I can't comment on his DB abilities. Our other 'wideout' (the term was of course not invented yet) at the time was Bob Schnelker, who indeed was no speed burner, being more of a Raymond Berry-type possession receiver.

jomo
04-29-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure why you think Schofner was slow. He had enough speed to get open deep consistently, and he was our lone deep threat for several years, after several very good years with the Rams. As far as I remember, he was considered a capable DB for them. As I said, he played little or no D for us, so I can't comment on his DB abilities. Our other 'wideout' (the term was of course not invented yet) at the time was Bob Schnelker, who indeed was no speed burner, being more of a Raymond Berry-type possession receiver.I remember them being called "ends" as in offensive ends at the time but wideout was also used. Schofner never seemed to have quick feet which has always been a necessary attribute for cornerbacks. By comparison, Jimmy Patton had quick feet. Del just didn't seem to have the right body type to play corner. It would be interesting to see some tape of him at CB though.

zimonami
04-29-2013, 11:28 PM
I remember them being called "ends" as in offensive ends at the time but wideout was also used. Schofner never seemed to have quick feet which has always been a necessary attribute for cornerbacks. By comparison, Jimmy Patton had quick feet. Del just didn't seem to have the right body type to play corner. It would be interesting to see some tape of him at CB though.
Exactly... Del had long strides and didn't seem to have quick feet at all. A good DB has to have quick feet for sudden change of direction and balance. I'm not demeaning Del at all... he was a great receiver. The fact we never played him on D says something. Anyways, I'm just looking for someone who might know if he was OK on D.
Remember, it was common for the best athletes to play 2 ways. When I played in the early 60's it was expected. I played QB and SLB. Del was a good athlete and probably played 2 ways in HS and much of college.

Astorian
04-30-2013, 12:14 AM
I remember them being called "ends" as in offensive ends at the time but wideout was also used. Schofner never seemed to have quick feet which has always been a necessary attribute for cornerbacks. By comparison, Jimmy Patton had quick feet. Del just didn't seem to have the right body type to play corner. It would be interesting to see some tape of him at CB though.You're right about Schofner's unsuitable body type. He was lean and lanky and was more of a long strider than an agile-footed defender. Guess that's one reason he stuck to O with us. We could spend a lot of time comparing defenses of olden days versus modern schemes. I'm probably remembering selectively, but in general it seems to me that there were very few DBs in those days who could stick tight to receivers, especially on deep patterns. As for the term 'wideout', I don't remember its being used in those days, mainly because receivers didn't split out very wide, by modern standards. But you may be right. I need to think about that linguistic development.

zimonami
04-30-2013, 12:57 AM
You're right about Schofner's unsuitable body type. He was lean and lanky and was more of a long strider than an agile-footed defender. Guess that's one reason he stuck to O with us. We could spend a lot of time comparing defenses of olden days versus modern schemes. I'm probably remembering selectively, but in general it seems to me that there were very few DBs in those days who could stick tight to receivers, especially on deep patterns. As for the term 'wideout', I don't remember its being used in those days, mainly because receivers didn't split out very wide, by modern standards. But you may be right. I need to think about that linguistic development.
Yeah, the fastest guys were the receivers. The DB's were usually the fastest guys who had bad hands and couldn't be receivers... lol, but true. Emlen Tunnell was a great athlete... I wonder if he had bad hands? He caught 5 passes in his 1st 2 years and then never played receiver again. Or, maybe he just preferred to hit. He was the primary PR and KR.

rbcarpenter
04-30-2013, 03:22 PM
from what i've read,back in the 50's(tom landry)the giants were the first team to start putting the better athlete's on defense...maybe shofner's build and mindset just wasn't gear for defense.

rbcarpenter
06-05-2013, 04:19 PM
bump?

Kruunch
06-05-2013, 04:21 PM
from what i've read,back in the 50's(tom landry)the giants were the first team to start putting the better athlete's on defense...maybe shofner's build and mindset just wasn't gear for defense.

Ummmm Landry was perhaps the worst physical specimen of a CB you'll ever find in NFL history.

Great player effort wise ... but not a lick of athletic talent.

primetime
06-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Since 1982 name every Giant player who had 10 or more sacks in a season?

jomo
06-05-2013, 06:33 PM
from what i've read,back in the 50's(tom landry)the giants were the first team to start putting the better athlete's on defense...maybe shofner's build and mindset just wasn't gear for defense.I know the game has changed but it is impossible for me to envision Shofner playing CB. He just didn't have quick feet like, say Emlen Tunnell did or Erich Barnes or **** Lynch or Jimmy Patton. **** Edit: gotta love the filters that discrimate against "Richard" Lynch. lol

zimonami
06-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Since 1982 name every Giant player who had 10 or more sacks in a season? LT, Martin, Marshall, Hamilton, Armstead, Stray, Osi, Tuck, and JPP. I'm probably missing 1 or 2.

jomo
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
LT, Martin, Marshall, Hamilton, Armstead, Stray, Osi, Tuck, and JPP. I'm probably missing 1 or 2.Did Burt sneak in there?

Roswell777
06-05-2013, 10:07 PM
LT, Martin, Marshall, Hamilton, Armstead, Stray, Osi, Tuck, and JPP. I'm probably missing 1 or 2.

That's a pretty comprehensive list Mr. Z. At first I thought Kiwanuka might have slipped in there but the most he's had is eight. I would probably know the answer if I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

jomo
06-05-2013, 10:15 PM
That's a pretty comprehensive list Mr. Z. At first I thought Kiwanuka might have slipped in there but the most he's had is eight. I would probably know the answer if I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.It might have helped Kiwi as well. :)

zimonami
06-05-2013, 10:23 PM
I think Burt topped out at 7-8. But, I think I'm missing a couple of guys who did it only one season and who weren't with us a long time, whose names I can't remember

Roswell777
06-05-2013, 10:25 PM
It might have helped Kiwi as well. :)

Especially on that play when he had Vince Young wrapped up and let him go lol.

fansince69
06-05-2013, 10:37 PM
How bout Chad Bradske? he a really good year before he left

jomo
06-05-2013, 10:56 PM
How bout Chad Bradske? he a really good year before he leftI thought he was Brad Chadske. lol

fansince69
06-05-2013, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=jomo;778904]I thought he was Brad Chadske. lol[...who knows Im tired

jomo
06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=jomo;778904]I thought he was Brad Chadske. lol[...who knows Im tiredNo, no you had it right. He is Chad Bradske but I always turn names around with the kids and that was one of my favorites to invert. lol

fansince69
06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=fansince69;778908]No, no you had it right. He is Chad Bradske but I always turn names around with the kids and that was one of my favorites to invert. lolthanks for messing with me ...and I was right he had 11 sacks in 98 the year before he left for indy

jomo
06-05-2013, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=jomo;778909]thanks for messing with me ...and I was right he had 11 sacks in 98 the year before he left for indyThat's what friends do to each other! I remember him as a physical beast, but not for the 11 sacks. Wow

primetime
06-05-2013, 11:15 PM
How bout Chad Bradske? he a really good year before he left
You're correct.

LT, Martin, Marshall, Hamilton, Armstead, Stray, Osi, Tuck, and JPP. I'm probably missing 1 or 2.
Good job, but Armstead never had more than 9 sacks in a season.
There is only one player left that accumulated 10 sacks in a season. I'll give a hint, he played defensive tackle.

zimonami
06-05-2013, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=fansince69;778908]No, no you had it right. He is Chad Bradske but I always turn names around with the kids and that was one of my favorites to invert. lollol... that's a spoonerism. My sister and I did it all the time. Yeah, I was ticked when Chad, er Brad, went to Indy.

fansince69
06-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Robert harris

jomo
06-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Robert harrisIf that is the answer, I would have lost big money on a bet. I for one am stumped on this.

fansince69
06-06-2013, 12:18 AM
If that is the answer, I would have lost big money on a bet. I for one am stumped on this.yes it is the answer ....I only got 2 of them so anyone feel free to ask the next question

fansince69
06-06-2013, 12:20 AM
If that is the answer, I would have lost big money on a bet. I for one am stumped on this.yes it is the answer ...he had 10 in 97.....I only got 2 of them so anyone feel free to ask the next question

zimonami
06-06-2013, 01:03 AM
yes it is the answer ....I only got 2 of them so anyone feel free to ask the next questionYeah, now I remember. He came to us as a DE, and played there a year, and then he played DT a few years and had that really nice season.

blueomaha
06-06-2013, 11:40 AM
the greatest NYG thread of all time...

zimonami
06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
the greatest NYG thread of all time...It was, blue... but, it's been neglected in the past year. We need to rejuvenate it with new questions... they can be ANY questions, with no worries about whether or not it was ever asked before. The question fan asked was a good one... need more of them.

zimonami
06-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Question: Sticking with sacks (it stinks that they didn't keep records until '82). What year did LT record his highest number of sacks, and how many? It was not a record. Who held the record, how many sacks was it, and what year? What year did Stray set the new record?

ny06
06-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Question: Sticking with sacks (it stinks that they didn't keep records until '82). What year did LT record his highest number of sacks, and how many? It was not a record. Who held the record, how many sacks was it, and what year? What year did Stray set the new record?
LT had 20.5 sacks in our Super Bowl season of 86. The record was held by Mark Gastineau in 84 and he recorded 22 sacks.
And our very own Strahan broke the record in 2001.
Now why didn't the NFL keep records of sacks before 1982? They record pretty much every stat but this one seemed to get neglected for so long.

YATittle1962
06-06-2013, 09:58 PM
in honor of the passing of Deacon Jones.....

who does Deacon credit with introducing him to the head slap ?

jomo
06-06-2013, 11:36 PM
in honor of the passing of Deacon Jones.....

who does Deacon credit with introducing him to the head slap ?........not sure on this one. Was it my mom? lol

zimonami
06-07-2013, 12:37 AM
........not sure on this one. Was it my mom? lolthat was my laugh of the day, jomo. .Although, I think it was Deacon's mom.

jomo
06-07-2013, 01:10 AM
that was my laugh of the day, jomo. .Although, I think it was Deacon's mom.I didn't want to guess that but c'mon YA, was it Deacon's mom?

zimonami
06-07-2013, 01:03 PM
By the way... I have heard the answer to this within the past few months and can't remember who he said... it was an old filmed interview with him. I want to say Gino Marchetti, from Baltimore, but I think that's just my crazed mind pulling a name out of a hat.

rbcarpenter
06-08-2013, 11:13 PM
at kruuunch----ummm,i never said he was a great physical specimen-merely that he was the coach that started putting those better physical guys on defense.i've seen some ols films on him,and you are right-not alent,everything he did was through willpower and brains.

rbcarpenter
06-08-2013, 11:16 PM
didn't hamilton or mike fox also get 10 sacks in a season?

YATittle1962
06-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I didn't want to guess that but c'mon YA, was it Deacon's mom?

it was probably Deacons mom....but he credits Rosey Grier for bringing it over from the Giants

heres one.....a play that lives on in infamy in my mind even though we won the game

1990 season NFC Championship game in San Francisco

early in the game inside the 49ers 20 yd line

Hoss takes the snap and tosses right to Meggett

Dave takes the option and throws a perfect pass...

.....what happens next ?

Z

ny06
06-09-2013, 11:59 AM
it was probably Deacons mom....but he credits Rosey Grier for bringing it over from the Giants

heres one.....a play that lives on in infamy in my mind even though we won the game

.....what happens next ?

Z

Perfect pass to Maurice Carthon and he drops it.
That was an awesome call and the play was ran perfectly, just the end result didn't work out.

YATittle1962
06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Perfect pass to Maurice Carthon and he drops it.
That was an awesome call and the play was ran perfectly, just the end result didn't work out.

that is one of the plays in Giant history that still makes me grunt when I think of it.....even though we won the game

the pass could not have been more perfect......it hit Mo softly in the hands standing in the endzone ....and Matt Millen was a full 2 steps behind him

hell of a play call

I remember screaming and stomping when it happened claiming the game was over......yeah I overreact a bit

then after the Taylor long TD catch I cursed Carthons name again

can't catch 'em all I guess huh?

:)

very nicely done 06

ny06
06-09-2013, 12:09 PM
that is one of the plays in Giant history that still makes me grunt when I think of it.....even though we won the game

the pass could not have been more perfect......it hit Mo softly in the hands standing in the endzone ....and Matt Millen was a full 2 steps behind him

hell of a play call

can't catch 'em all I guess huh?

:)

very nicely done 06
Wasn't Meggett our emergency QB if all our QB's got hurt in a game? I recall he had a nice arm and on a few occasions plays were designed for Meggett to be the passer.
Parcells sure opened up the play book that day, half back pass, fake punt. Loved when Parcells got aggressive.

B&RWarrior
06-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Wasn't Meggett our emergency QB if all our QB's got hurt in a game? I recall he had a nice arm and on a few occasions plays were designed for Meggett to be the passer.
Parcells sure opened up the play book that day, half back pass, fake punt. Loved when Parcells got aggressive.

Good memory! The Megget halfback option pass. The Big Tuna used to pull that play out of his hat every so often.

jomo
06-09-2013, 12:35 PM

.....what happens next ?

ZI remember Rosey leading with his big paw but didn't recall him doing it before Deacon mainly because Deacon elevated it to an art form. Timely DYK post. Thanks for that YA!

jomo
06-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Good memory! The Megget halfback option pass. The Big Tuna used to pull that play out of his hat every so often.The Big Tuna would bore us to tears in a game that he could win without risk. In those big games (typified by the 1990 clash with SF) and especially if we were out manned, anything was possible and often did happen...........every gadget in the playbook was on the table.

B&RWarrior
06-09-2013, 12:54 PM
The Big Tuna would bore us to tears in a game that he could win without risk. In those big games (typified by the 1990 clash with SF) and especially if we were out manned, anything was possible and often did happen...........every gadget in the playbook was on the table.

Smash mouth football. I loved every second of it. Big Blue made a habit of imposing our will on the opposition.

zimonami
06-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Smash mouth football. I loved every second of it. Big Blue made a habit of imposing our will on the opposition.so true... you were disappointed if there wasn't a 3 and out against our D every time the other team got the ball.. Many times you felt they were lucky to get a first down. It was a pleasure to watch.

fansince69
06-09-2013, 10:56 PM
The Big Tuna would bore us to tears in a game that he could win without risk. In those big games (typified by the 1990 clash with SF) and especially if we were out manned, anything was possible and often did happen...........every gadget in the playbook was on the table.I don' want to hijack this or anything but thought I would add a couple more gadgets Parcells ran....The fake punt with Reasons taking the ball....There was also a play where the ball was thrown to Harry Carson.....It seems to me that when they ran these plays....... you were never surprised....but you never expected them....and they always seemed like they worked

zimonami
06-09-2013, 11:43 PM
I don' want to hijack this or anything but thought I would add a couple more gadgets Parcells ran....The fake punt with Reasons taking the ball....There was also a play where the ball was thrown to Harry Carson.....It seems to me that when they ran these plays....... you were never surprised....but you never expected them....and they always seemed like they worked Banks was involved in a big successful trick play, but I can't remember if it was on a punt, or what. Who remembers?

YATittle1962
06-09-2013, 11:52 PM
when I say the name Clyde Simmons ......what is the first thing that pops in your head?

I apologize in advance for bringing this up fellas

rbcarpenter
06-10-2013, 04:30 AM
the giants blocked an eagles field goal with a few seconds left in the game,simmons picks it up on the bounce,and scores a td to win the game...i wanted to vomit...:(

YATittle1962
06-10-2013, 11:31 AM
the giants blocked an eagles field goal with a few seconds left in the game,simmons picks it up on the bounce,and scores a td to win the game...i wanted to vomit...:(

whats interesting is that if Simmons had not picked up that ball it may have been the Giants playing the Bears at Soldier Field in that ridiculous fog game .

another interesting fact is that the Clyde Simmons play happened 10 years and 1 day after the Herm Edwards play

who blocked the kick ?

fansince69
06-10-2013, 11:35 AM
whats interesting is that if Simmons had not picked up that ball it may have been the Giants playing the Bears at Soldier Field in that ridiculous fog game .

another interesting fact is that the Clyde Simmons play happened 10 years and 1 day after the Herm Edwards play

who blocked the kick ?do you have to stir up all these bad memories?

YATittle1962
06-10-2013, 11:59 PM
do you have to stir up all these bad memories?

apologies

is who blocked it logged anywhere in those memories ?

fansince69
06-11-2013, 12:11 AM
apologies

is who blocked it logged anywhere in those memories ?I want to say taylor

zimonami
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I want to say taylorI'll say Andy Headen

YATittle1962
06-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Lawrence Taylor blocked it .....and in mere seconds I remember going from euphoria to disgust

here is a little article I just found with video of the play

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GV9Hh8P-vpEJ:phillysportshistory.com/tag/clyde-simmons/+clyde+simmons+giants+fumble&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

fansince69
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Lawrence Taylor blocked it .....and in mere seconds I remember going from euphoria to disgust

here is a little article I just found with video of the play

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GV9Hh8P-vpEJ:phillysportshistory.com/tag/clyde-simmons/+clyde+simmons+giants+fumble&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safariok how bout coming up with a question with positive memories YA?

YATittle1962
06-11-2013, 04:23 PM
ok how bout coming up with a question with positive memories YA?

there are literally hundreds of them in this thread

no victory flavor is better than when that sour taste of defeat is fresh on your tongue when it comes

fansince69
06-11-2013, 04:24 PM

no victory flavor is better than when that sour taste of defeat is fresh on your tongue when it comesyes I know ...I have been active in this thread since first few pages

zimonami
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM

no victory flavor is better than when that sour taste of defeat is fresh on your tongue when it comesIn order to make it easier for new people to get interested in this thread, I think we need to unleash a lot of the old questions, all over again... instead of having the mindset that they've already been asked. That is surely buried somewhere in the 1,000+ pages. So, I'm going to go back and resurrect some dead. If it's a question that I remember the answer to from way back when, I'll simply wait a while longer to give someone else a chance to answer. Remember the rules... you are welcome to use a reference for your answer, just say, "I looked it up" Some answers are so obscure that if they sit there for a day before anyone answers, I'll look up the answer to get it out of the way. Finally, When I hit "Enter" it does NOT go to a fresh line. It just all continues in 1 paragraph, as you see here. This started last week... anyone got an idea why?

fansince69
06-11-2013, 04:34 PM
In order to make it easier for new people to get interested in this thread, I think we need to unleash a lot of the old questions, all over again... instead of having the mindset that they've already been asked. That is surely buried somewhere in the 1,000+ pages. So, I'm going to go back and resurrect some dead. If it's a question that I remember the answer to from way back when, I'll simply wait a while longer to give someone else a chance to answer. Remember the rules... you are welcome to use a reference for your answer, just say, "I looked it up" Some answers are so obscure that if they sit there for a day before anyone answers, I'll look up the answer to get it out of the way. Finally, When I hit "Enter" it does NOT go to a fresh line. It just all continues in 1 paragraph, as you see here. This started last week... anyone got an idea why?doing the exact same thing to me....I am not sure why either

zimonami
06-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Ok, here's one of the first questions ever asked, by Bookie Bolin. Is Bookie still around? This was 3+ years ago. What Giant rookie RB ran for a 90+yard TD on his first ever carry in a preseason game?

fansince69
06-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Ok, here's one of the first questions ever asked, by Bookie Bolin. Is Bookie still around? This was 3+ years ago. What Giant rookie RB ran for a 90+yard TD on his first ever carry in a preseason game?I think it was hampton

jomo
06-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I think it was hamptonI like a decisive answer and I like Hampton.

fansince69
06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
I like a decisive answer and I like Hampton.I am decisive when I know the answer ...sometimes I guess lol

YATittle1962
06-11-2013, 07:48 PM
In order to make it easier for new people to get interested in this thread, I think we need to unleash a lot of the old questions, all over again... instead of having the mindset that they've already been asked. That is surely buried somewhere in the 1,000+ pages. So, I'm going to go back and resurrect some dead. If it's a question that I remember the answer to from way back when, I'll simply wait a while longer to give someone else a chance to answer. Remember the rules... you are welcome to use a reference for your answer, just say, "I looked it up" Some answers are so obscure that if they sit there for a day before anyone answers, I'll look up the answer to get it out of the way. Finally, When I hit "Enter" it does NOT go to a fresh line. It just all continues in 1 paragraph, as you see here. This started last week... anyone got an idea why?

great idea ZIm

we all know there are some great ones buried within these pages .

Morehead State
06-11-2013, 07:49 PM
great idea ZIm

we all know there are some great ones buried within these pages .
You know what you need?......

An infusion of Morehead!!!!!

YATittle1962
06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
hey Zim I just noticed that you were the only DYK regular to jump in on the very first page.

....and hey Morehead, get in here more bro!!!!

Morehead State
06-11-2013, 07:52 PM
hey Zim I just noticed that you were the only DYK regular to jump in on the very first page.

....and hey Morehead, get in here more bro!!!!
You got it.
What should we talk about?........

Oh yeah...Eli sucks!!!!!!

I crack myself up!!!!!

byron
06-11-2013, 08:01 PM
In order to make it easier for new people to get interested in this thread, I think we need to unleash a lot of the old questions, all over again... instead of having the mindset that they've already been asked. That is surely buried somewhere in the 1,000+ pages. So, I'm going to go back and resurrect some dead. If it's a question that I remember the answer to from way back when, I'll simply wait a while longer to give someone else a chance to answer. Remember the rules... you are welcome to use a reference for your answer, just say, "I looked it up" Some answers are so obscure that if they sit there for a day before anyone answers, I'll look up the answer to get it out of the way. Finally, When I hit "Enter" it does NOT go to a fresh line. It just all continues in 1 paragraph, as you see here. This started last week... anyone got an idea why? I may be able to answer this one ! happened to me when I undated to Internet Explorer 10..... IE 9 worked fine I may roll back to ie 9

edit...... ok I just
rolled
back
all is
good again ...IE 10 has a bug in it that don't like this GMB software
you may ask yourself why or how this happened to your pc....well

IE10 was the first browser released by Microsoft since it changed its upgrade policy (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222690/Microsoft_gets_silent_upgrade_religion_will_push_I E_auto_updates) in late 2011. Rather than seek user approval before upgrading IE -- the previous practice -- Microsoft adopted a Google Chrome-like "silent" scheme that automatically installs the newest browser suitable for that version of Windows.
Bill is a slippery guy !

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9238819/Microsoft_s_browser_auto_update_pays_off_as_IE10_s hare_doubles

its an easy fix.. dump the sucker...."uninstall "

jomo
06-11-2013, 08:12 PM
You know what you need?......

An infusion of Morehead!!!!!Talk is cheap, play the game, 'head,
We need all hands on deck here. :)

Roswell777
06-11-2013, 10:37 PM
0 to 9. Part III

Okay guys...

It's time to put these accomplishments in order from 0 to 9. This is more fun to try without looking it up but if you must look it up at least give the "Did You Know" Gang a chance before you post it. I will post the answers in a few days but will definitely tell people what they got right if they get "partial credit." It's fun and a lot of us have done this before. Probably last year or two years ago.

List the following in order from 0 to 9

Bavaro career fumbles
Banks career interceptions
Carson career sacks
LT career fumble returns for TDs
OJ Anderson career TD receptions
Manning career rushing TDs
L. Marshall career forced fumbles
J. Burt career TDs
Simms career receiving yards
K. Collins career receptions

Good luck and try not to peek...

zimonami
06-12-2013, 01:37 AM
You got it.
What should we talk about?........

Oh yeah...Eli sucks!!!!!!

I crack myself up!!!!!Lmao. Perfect

zimonami
06-12-2013, 01:43 AM
I think it was hamptonYup, Rodney... good job

zimonami
06-12-2013, 01:46 AM
0 to 9. Part III

Okay guys...

It's time to put these accomplishments in order from 0 to 9. This is more fun to try without looking it up but if you must look it up at least give the "Did You Know" Gang a chance before you post it. I will post the answers in a few days but will definitely tell people what they got right if they get "partial credit." It's fun and a lot of us have done this before. Probably last year or two years ago.

Bavaro career fumbles
Carson career sacks
J. Burt career TDs

Good luck and try not to peek...This is HARD... there are many that seem to be 0, or 1. I can't imagine any answer being as high as 9.

jomo
06-12-2013, 02:11 AM
This is HARD... there are many that seem to be 0, or 1. I can't imagine any answer being as high as 9.Let me put one out there just to get this rolling. Carson career sacks at 9

fansince69
06-12-2013, 07:23 AM
0 to 9. Part III

Okay guys...

Bavaro career fumbles
Carson career sacks
J. Burt career TDs

Good luck and try not to peek...sounds like my EX wife

fansince69
06-12-2013, 07:45 AM
0 marshall fumbles.....1 burt tds.......2 Collins receptions........3 banks interceptions.......4 lt returns for tds.....5 oj receiving tds....6 bavaro fumbles....7 simms receiving yds....8 manning tds.......9 carson sacks

Morehead State
06-12-2013, 09:57 AM
0 to 9. Part III

Okay guys...

Bavaro career fumbles
Carson career sacks
J. Burt career TDs

Good luck and try not to peek...

Bavaro fumble: 11
Banks Int's: 1
Carson sacks: 14
LT fum. returns: 2
OJ TD catches: 7
Manning rushing TD's: 4
Marshall f fumbles: 4
Burt TD's: 1
Simms rec. yards: 28
K Collins rece.: 3

All wild guesses.

zimonami
06-12-2013, 10:10 AM
0 marshall fumbles.....1 burt tds.......2 Collins receptions........3 banks interceptions.......4 lt returns for tds.....5 oj receiving tds....6 bavaro fumbles....7 simms receiving yds....8 manning tds.......9 carson sacks That is Marshall Forced fumbles... which I would put above 6,7, or so

fansince69
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
That is Marshall Forced fumbles... which I would put above 6,7, or soyes I know what it was...I stand by my guesses...lol btw morehead they are all 0-9

Morehead State
06-12-2013, 10:18 AM
yes I know what it was...I stand by my guesses...lol btw morehead they are all 0-9
Oh... I misunderstood.
Let me try again.

bavaro fumb: 9
carson sacks:8
simms yards:7
marshall f fum: 6
OJ TD's :5
manning TD's:4
Banks int's:3
LT ret: 2
Collins rec: 1
Burt TD's: 0

fansince69
06-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Oh... I misunderstood.
Let me try again.

Burt TD's: 0glad I could help

Morehead State
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
glad I could help
I didn't read the whole thing. I just looked at the list.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Bavaro fumble: 11
Banks Int's: 1
Carson sacks: 14
LT fum. returns: 2
OJ TD catches: 7
Manning rushing TD's: 4
Marshall f fumbles: 4
Burt TD's: 1
Simms rec. yards: 28
K Collins rece.: 3

All wild guesses.

Dude you're killing me. It's 0 to 9. All of the answers are in that range...each one has a different answer 0 to 9.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Oh... I misunderstood.
Let me try again.

Burt TD's: 0

Nice. You got Carson, Simms, OJ, Manning and Banks right.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 03:23 PM
0 marshall fumbles.....1 burt tds.......2 Collins receptions........3 banks interceptions.......4 lt returns for tds.....5 oj receiving tds....6 bavaro fumbles....7 simms receiving yds....8 manning tds.......9 carson sacks

You got Burt, Collins, Banks, OJ, Bavaro and Simms right.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 03:25 PM
There are two numbers on this list that are very surprising. They are the only two left.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Let me put one out there just to get this rolling. Carson career sacks at 9

Close Jomo but he had 8...you would've thought he had much more in his entire career but he only had eight.

ChuckKnoxx
06-12-2013, 03:33 PM
I wasted entirely too much time today reading through this fantastic thread.

Morehead State
06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
You got Burt, Collins, Banks, OJ, Bavaro and Simms right.
I read on Bleacher Report that fansince69 looked it up and tanked a couple of them to appear he didn't.

fansince69
06-12-2013, 04:20 PM
I read on Bleacher Report that fansince69 looked it up and tanked a couple of them to appear he didn't.you got as many right as I did

Morehead State
06-12-2013, 04:24 PM
you got as many right as I did
I took 2 seconds and guessed. And i think you got one more.

fansince69
06-12-2013, 04:26 PM
I took 2 seconds and guessed. And i think you got one more.I took longer than that...but they all amounted to educated guesses...lol....lets face it through the years you get ideas of who did what

zimonami
06-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks, Ros... great question.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I read on Bleacher Report that fansince69 looked it up and tanked a couple of them to appear he didn't.

The thought occurred to me. Lmao. But I had to be PC about it. It was very suspicious - a guy reeling off 5 or 6 completely obscure trivia questions..... I only trust Z, YA and Jomo lol. And now... You Morehead.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 10:27 PM
But anybody who has been a fan since 69 deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks, Ros... great question.

Thanks Z. But I'm counting on you to get the last two.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 10:31 PM
I wasted entirely too much time today reading through this fantastic thread.

This is the best thread on the boards. I'm not going to say we are the best or most passionate or even the most knowledgable fans but we are the the most experienced. And we are the most even handed. I've seen your videos. Very impressive. It would be great to have your input on a thread that received over 3 million hits.

Roswell777
06-12-2013, 10:33 PM
No one has gotten 0 and 9.....

zimonami
06-13-2013, 01:32 AM
If I read everything right the only things left are 0 and 9 and LT and Marshall. I can't believe Marshall got 0 forced fumbles, and I know LT didn't have 9 fumble returns for TD's... so it's got to be LT at 0 and marshall at 9. I would have sworn LT had a Fumble return for a TD... I guess not.

fansince69
06-13-2013, 07:06 AM
But anybody who has been a fan since 69 deserves the benefit of the doubt.gee thanks

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 08:01 AM
If I read everything right the only things left are 0 and 9 and LT and Marshall. I can't believe Marshall got 0 forced fumbles, and I know LT didn't have 9 fumble returns for TD's... so it's got to be LT at 0 and marshall at 9. I would have sworn LT had a Fumble return for a TD... I guess not.

Zim you would've made a great closer.

Big Leonard had 9 forced fumbles. Unbelievably, LT never returned a fumble for a TD. LT did have at least 3 TD returns off ints. One I remember was in the playoffs, one was a thanksgiving day game and one was just a regular season game.

Can you guys name the teams LT scored against and add to the list if I'm forgetting anything?

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 08:04 AM
gee thanks

It's all in good fun. Sometimes intended humor is lost while texting replies.

fansince69
06-13-2013, 08:54 AM

Big Leonard had 9 forced fumbles. Unbelievably, LT never returned a fumble for a TD. LT did have at least 3 TD returns off ints. One I remember was in the playoffs, one was a thanksgiving day game and one was just a regular season game.

Can you guys name the teams LT scored against and add to the list if I'm forgetting anything?the one on thanksgiving was against the lions...wasn't that the day he played hurt? maybe a shoulder injury?I want to say the playoff one was against the 49ers

fansince69
06-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Can you guys name the teams LT scored against and add to the list if I'm forgetting anything?it is hard to believe that the guy who basically made the strip sack famous never recovered one for a td.....btw I am not upset at anyone except...MH....he started all this ....J/K

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 10:50 AM
it is hard to believe that the guy who basically made the strip sack famous never recovered one for a td.....btw I am not upset at anyone except...MH....he started all this ....J/K

I know. I was shocked too. It's seems like Osi has done that ten times already.

As far as the question....you're right on the first and second parts. The playoff int was against Montana in '86 on the play Jim Burt annihilated him. Still one of the hardest hits I've ever seen a QB take.

Before that in '82 LT had that int vs Detroit on Thanksgiving Day and then went the length of the field to turn that game around. What strange thing did LT do when he reached the end zone at the end of that play? And against which team did LT have his third TD on an int?

zimonami
06-13-2013, 01:13 PM

As far as the question....you're right on the first and second parts. The playoff int was against Montana in '86 on the play Jim Burt annihilated him. Still one of the hardest hits I've ever seen a QB take.

Before that in '82 LT had that int vs Detroit on Thanksgiving Day and then went the length of the field to turn that game around. What strange thing did LT do when he reached the end zone at the end of that play? And against which team did LT have his third TD on an int?I want to say his 3rd was against Dallas... a short return, maybe 10 yards... Dallas was deep in their own territory. I think I have the play right... might be wrong on Dallas.God, how I remember that Detroit INT. My question was always... why was LT there to begin with. Was the play designed for him to drop into coverage, or did he see something himself that inspired him to drop off. The were about to put the nail in our coffin if he doesn't take that to the house.

Morehead State
06-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I want to say his 3rd was against Dallas... a short return, maybe 10 yards... Dallas was deep in their own territory. I think I have the play right... might be wrong on Dallas.God, how I remember that Detroit INT. My question was always... why was LT there to begin with. Was the play designed for him to drop into coverage, or did he see something himself that inspired him to drop off. The were about to put the nail in our coffin if he doesn't take that to the house.
I think it was 89 or 90. Dallas was horrible and we shut them out. LT had a fumble recovery in the end zone as I remember.

Edit......
Oh my God...I got the year right but nothing else. It was a int. return and the final was 28-7.

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 02:00 PM
The last int was against Dallas. They always show that highlight when they run an "LT got arrested story."

Here's one...

Try to get this (off the top of your head)...

Name all the Giants receivers who have scored Super Bowl TDs for the Giants....

I think there are 8

fansince69
06-13-2013, 02:02 PM

Before that in '82 LT had that int vs Detroit on Thanksgiving Day and then went the length of the field to turn that game around. What strange thing did LT do when he reached the end zone at the end of that play? And against which team did LT have his third TD on an int?Anybody know this? honestly can not remember.....I have a feeling it will be one of those....oh yeah I forgot about that...... kind of thing

fansince69
06-13-2013, 02:06 PM
The last int was against Dallas. They always show that highlight when they run an "LT got arrested story."

Here's one...

Try to get this (off the top of your head)...

Name all the Giants receivers who have scored Super Bowl TDs for the Giants....

I think there are 8Bavaro Mcconkey baker....does the guy who returned the kick(forget his name)against the ravens count? he was a receiver.....Buress tyree...for the life of me Im drawing a blank on the other td in the last SB

ny06
06-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Bavaro Mcconkey baker....does the guy who returned the kick(forget his name)against the ravens count? he was a receiver.....Buress tyree...for the life of me Im drawing a blank on the other td in the last SB
That sounds like everyone. Last player is Zeke Mowatt
As for the question what did LT do in the end zone in the Detroit game? He slid.

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 03:46 PM
That sounds like everyone. Last player is Zeke Mowatt
As for the question what did LT do in the end zone in the Detroit game? He slid.

Yep. He slid. Should've known you'd get that based on your sig.

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 03:48 PM
But you guys are still missing one....and he was the last one...and coincidentally, he's been missing lately too...

fansince69
06-13-2013, 03:48 PM
But you guys are still missing one....and he was the last one...and coincidentally, he's been missing lately too...cruz

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Bavaro Mcconkey baker....does the guy who returned the kick(forget his name)against the ravens count? he was a receiver.....Buress tyree...for the life of me Im drawing a blank on the other td in the last SB

Yes, the guy who returned the kick counts...that was the hard part of the question...his name is...?

There's that guy and one other...

fansince69
06-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Yes, the guy who returned the kick counts...that was the hard part of the question...his name is...?

There's that guy and one other...ron Dixon ..just came to me....my memory is weird these days lol

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 03:52 PM
cruz

Yep

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 03:54 PM
ron Dixon ..just came to me....my memory is weird these days lol

Yeah. Do you remember a game against the Eagles where the giants were losing by less than 7 and on the last play of the game they called a hook and ladder and Dixon ran it down to about the 5 yard line?

fansince69
06-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Yeah. Do you remember a game against the Eagles where the giants were losing by less than 7 and on the last play of the game they called a hook and ladder and Dixon ran it down to about the 5 yard line?vaguely yes...he came on strong that year....I am assuming we can ask older questions....here is one I asked in past......name a giant player whose brother once won the the American league batting title...name both brothers

ny06
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
What year and team did the Giants play a non division opponent twice during the regual season?

fansince69
06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
What year and team did the Giants play a non division opponent twice during the regual season?for some reason tampa bay comes to mind but I don't have a clue if that's right or any other details

zimonami
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM

Before that in '82 LT had that int vs Detroit on Thanksgiving Day and then went the length of the field to turn that game around. What strange thing did LT do when he reached the end zone at the end of that play? And against which team did LT have his third TD on an int? Didn't he fall flat backwards onto his back with his arms outstretched? I forgot about the slide... yes, he did that. But didn't he also fall over backwards, flat onto his back side?

Morehead State
06-13-2013, 04:34 PM
for some reason tampa bay comes to mind but I don't have a clue if that's right or any other details
I think it was the Lions...I don't know when. Phil was the QB. Probably late 80's.

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Didn't he fall flat backwards onto his back with his arms outstretched? I forgot about the slide... yes, he did that. But didn't he also fall over backwards, flat onto his back side?

I remember McConkey doing that on the flea flicker when he came up short in the Super Bowl. I remember LT doing something like that on a play near the sidelines when they tackled somebody for a loss and he would do that shooting of the pistols move. And I remember LT jumping on George Martin ( the DE, not the Beatles producer) after he ran back an int for a TD vs Elway.

But that may be all I remember these days.

fansince69
06-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I remember McConkey doing that on the flea flicker when he came up short in the Super Bowl. I remember LT doing something like that on a play near the sidelines when they tackled somebody for a loss and he would do that shooting of the pistols move. And I remember LT jumping on George Martin ( the DE, not the Beatles producer) after he ran back an int for a TD vs Elway.

But that may be all I remember these days.I can remember all those plays like it was yesterday....its the things that happen in recent seasons that I struggle with lol

Roswell777
06-13-2013, 04:55 PM
vaguely yes...he came on strong that year....I am assuming we can ask older questions....here is one I asked in past......name a giant player whose brother once won the the American league batting title...name both brothers

That's a tough question. I don't know why but I'm going to say Hal Macrae.

fansince69
06-13-2013, 04:56 PM
That's a tough question. I don't know why but I'm going to say Hal Macrae.no

J. Tuck Rule
06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
no

Ron and Alex Johnson

EDIT: ONLY reason I know that is because I'm a Giants and Michigan fan. It's one of those cool peices of information you run across sometimes.

fansince69
06-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Ron and Alex Johnson

EDIT: ONLY reason I know that is because I'm a Giants and Michigan fan. It's one of those cool peices of information you run across sometimes.yes that is right

Morehead State
06-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Ron and Alex Johnson

EDIT: ONLY reason I know that is because I'm a Giants and Michigan fan. It's one of those cool peices of information you run across sometimes.
Alex Johnson was a heck of a hitter. As i remember he won a batting title.
BTW Mr. 69......I am a Giants and Michigan State fan.
My daughter is class of 2002.

J. Tuck Rule
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM
My daughter is class of 2002.

Nobody's perfect. :-)

Morehead State
06-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Nobody's perfect. :-)
That's when I became a Plaxico Burress fan. And our HC at the time went on to have a decent career since.

fansince69
06-13-2013, 05:41 PM
My daughter is class of 2002.yes he won a batting title...mh that was the question....he was a really good hitter but from what I heard he had a really bad attitude...actually played for the yanks late in his career...his brother ron was my favotite player as a 10-13 yr old kid

J. Tuck Rule
06-13-2013, 05:41 PM
That's when I became a Plaxico Burress fan. And our HC at the time went on to have a decent career since.

The only player that came out of MSU that I actually liked was Greg Jones. Shame about that kid.

J. Tuck Rule
06-13-2013, 05:43 PM
yes he won a batting title...mh that was the question....he was a really good hitter but from what I heard he had a really bad attitude...actually played for the yanks late in his career...his brother ron was my favotite player as a 10-13 yr old kid

Ron still has quite a few rushing records at UM, I think. I know he has at least one, the most rushing yards per single game with like 340 something.

Morehead State
06-13-2013, 05:43 PM
yes he won a batting title...mh that was the question....he was a really good hitter but from what I heard he had a really bad attitude...actually played for the yanks late in his career...his brother ron was my favotite player as a 10-13 yr old kid
I remember Ron Johnson scoring a TD against us for Cleveland before he was traded to us.
That 1970 season was a lot of fun despite the terrible Ernie Koy call vs. N.O. that cost us the division.

fansince69
06-13-2013, 05:44 PM
I remember Ron Johnson scoring a TD against us for Cleveland before he was traded to us.
That 1970 season was a lot of fun despite the terrible Ernie Koy call vs. N.O. that cost us the division.anyone remember who we traded to get ron Johnson?

J. Tuck Rule
06-13-2013, 05:50 PM

Homer Jones?