PDA

View Full Version : Confident this team is getting ready to turn it on

rebelfan1966
12-20-2012, 09:03 AM
I am confident that this last punch to the mouth is going to motivate these guys to clean it up, and get it on the rest of the season. I predict they are getting ready to go on a tear through the playoffs. Who's with me?

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm with you. How they perform against the Ravens this Sunday will tell all.

rebelfan1966
12-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm with you. How they perform against the Ravens this Sunday will tell all.

No doubt....

GameTime
12-20-2012, 09:24 AM
I have 0 confidence....
Read what they players are saying. They have no idea why they play poorly when it happens. How do you fix somehitng you cant explain.
Not good.....
I will be rooting hard but as far as confident they will turn it around......its more like just hope and not confidence

miked1958
12-20-2012, 09:29 AM
I think we win next two. Get in and do damage as always once in. How ironic would it be for Atlanta to beat us so soundly i regular season yet again lose the more important one to us later

repeatchamps
12-20-2012, 09:45 AM
I think we win next two. Get in and do damage as always once in. How ironic would it be for Atlanta to beat us so soundly i regular season yet again lose the more important one to us later

Would follow the trend of the Giants losing to one or multiple top teams in the regular season only to beat them in the playoffs on the way to the Super Bowl (in the last 2 Super Bowl wins).

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 09:45 AM
I have 0 confidence.... Read what they players are saying. They have no idea why they play poorly when it happens. How do you fix somehitng you cant explain. Not good..... I will be rooting hard but as far as confident they will turn it around......its more like just hope and not confidence Hope springs eternal :)

Kruunch
12-20-2012, 09:54 AM
I have 0 confidence....
Read what they players are saying. They have no idea why they play poorly when it happens. How do you fix somehitng you cant explain.
Not good.....
I will be rooting hard but as far as confident they will turn it around......its more like just hope and not confidence

Sometimes that's a good thing though ... causes one to overachieve :D

But yeah I'm with you on the hope vs. confidence thing.

We've seen it happen both ways for sure.

Buddy333
12-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Eh, right now they look more like they will finish 8-8 more than 10-6.

ryan12
12-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I have 0 confidence....
Not good.....

awesome avatar bro

miked1958
12-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Would follow the trend of the Giants losing to one or multiple top teams in the regular season only to beat them in the playoffs on the way to the Super Bowl (in the last 2 Super Bowl wins). Well aware of the trend and have several comparison threads between this season and the 07/11 ones. The difference this year is we'd maybe get two teams that beat us if we played falcons and either Dallas or Skins. Most likely we'd meet teams we beat once already (GB and SF) however that also worked out okay for us last year when we met NE for second time.

arrjay
12-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Pessimistically Hopeful ......

giantsfan420
12-21-2012, 04:25 AM
We beat balt, it will spring us to a minimum 4 game win streak. This just reminds me too much of last years week 15 loss to washington. This team usually has two win streaks a season, its how they roll. Well we had one streak, now we r waiting on the next shot so ...its actually a good thing imo we got spanked by atl, that will be a wake up call.

ashleymarie
12-21-2012, 04:49 AM

I look forward to seeing Jerry Jones' smirk again. That will be one of the hi-lights. Although I think Skins will be the ones to take Dal down.

* I am sorry Ntegrasse. You are so nice. I just can't help myself.

embeshAtYa
12-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Im just bracing for the embarrassment of loosing to the eagles when they suck. No matter how we come out against the ravens, the atlanta game really sunk my ship. to hear non fans talk about the giants this past week just makes me sick.

GameTime
12-21-2012, 09:02 AM

lose this week and win next week.....9-7 and home on the couch for the playoffs.....

Morehead State
12-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I am confident that this last punch to the mouth is going to motivate these guys to clean it up, and get it on the rest of the season. I predict they are getting ready to go on a tear through the playoffs. Who's with me?
I'm curious what you are seeing that makes you feel this way. Or are you just thinking that since we did it last year, we'll do it again?

GameTime
12-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Pessimistically Hopeful ......

Like that one.....

Morehead State
12-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Like that one.....
The reality is that no one knows which "Giants team" will show up on Sunday. If its the team that showed up last week we're in huge trouble.
And when players and coaches are saying that they don'y know why we're so up and down, that's of concern.
I also think this nonsense they they can just turn on some kind of switch is fantasy. Where was that switch last week when we needed to control our destiny for the division?

Roosevelt
12-21-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm curious what you are seeing that makes you feel this way. Or are you just thinking that since we did it last year, we'll do it again?

The mindset that we will somehow flip a switch and win another Super Bowl bothers me almost as much as the 'Jekyll and Hyde' act of this team.

I don't know how any fan can be confident right now. Baltimore is desperate to get their ship righted.

I could see Ray Rice having a big day against us.

Redeyejedi
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I am confident that this last punch to the mouth is going to motivate these guys to clean it up, and get it on the rest of the season. I predict they are getting ready to go on a tear through the playoffs. Who's with me? I dont know what U have seen this season that makes U think thats going to happen . Eli Manning was a better QB last year and the Dline was a better unit, The NFC East has 2 teams playing much better than the Giants who arent going to lay down and let the Giants back door it.They are fortunate those teams have to play each other Week 17.This team is not as good as last years team

brad
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
This team is certainly capable of making another run, the talent and experience are both there. It's a matter of getting it turned on... hoping we see the beginning of another special run against Baltimore!

Redeyejedi
12-21-2012, 10:16 AM
We beat balt, it will spring us to a minimum 4 game win streak. This just reminds me too much of last years week 15 loss to washington. This team usually has two win streaks a season, its how they roll. Well we had one streak, now we r waiting on the next shot so ...its actually a good thing imo we got spanked by atl, that will be a wake up call.How does it remind U of that. Last year the Giants took the Skins lightly and lost. The Falcons were the top team in the conference and buzz sawed the Giants only parallel is they lost both games. This is more like 2010

Kruunch
12-21-2012, 10:20 AM
How does it remind U of that. Last year the Giants took the Skins lightly and lost. The Falcons were the top team in the conference and buzz sawed the Giants only parallel is they lost both games. This is more like 2010

The Giants were in virtually identical positions last year and they are this year (and they have a better record this year thus far).

The only thing that has me worried was that last year our issues seemed to be our running game and our pass rush.

This year our number one problem seems to be an inconsistent QB. This team doesn't win unless Eli plays great (at some point during a game).

Morehead State
12-21-2012, 12:03 PM
The Giants were in virtually identical positions last year and they are this year (and they have a better record this year thus far).

The only thing that has me worried was that last year our issues seemed to be our running game and our pass rush.

This year our number one problem seems to be an inconsistent QB. This team doesn't win unless Eli plays great (at some point during a game).

We're also in the exact same position as we were in 2009. And we then mailed in two games. We are in the same position as we were in 2010, when we were destroyed in a must win game at GB.

Kruunch
12-21-2012, 12:08 PM
We're also in the exact same position as we were in 2009. And we then mailed in two games. We are in the same position as we were in 2010, when we were destroyed in a must win game at GB.

2009 was a bit easier to predict ... we beat the lesser teams and we folded against the better teams.

We don't have that problem this year ... we can fold or blow out any team on any given Sunday in 2012.

The NY Jekyll and Hydes.

Morehead State
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
2009 was a bit easier to predict ... we beat the lesser teams and we folded against the better teams.

We don't have that problem this year ... we can fold or blow out any team on any given Sunday in 2012.

The NY Jekyll and Hydes.
Was it really? We came off a dominating win in Washington and you could predict losing by 30+ at home to Carolina and then at Minn.

How is this?

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 12:19 PM
The reality is that no one knows which "Giants team" will show up on Sunday. If its the team that showed up last week we're in huge trouble.
And when players and coaches are saying that they don'y know why we're so up and down, that's of concern.
I also think this nonsense they they can just turn on some kind of switch is fantasy. Where was that switch last week when we needed to control our destiny for the division?
The same place it was when the Redskins beat us last year before our final stretch, when we also needed to beat them just as much as the Falcons. The thing about last year is, we found it the week after, will we this year? I guess we'll find out on Sunday

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't think nor expect a repeat at this point (though it would be epic if it happened), but at least make the goddamn playoffs. Going from super bowl champions to out of the playoffs, without losing your franchise QB or something to injury or retirement, is an absolute disgrace...

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Time to kill 2 birds with one stone! Ravens and Philthy!

talbot
12-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Honestly, I just don't think the Giants have been succeeding in the situations they were last year: winning close games from behind. I think it gave the team a swagger and the confidence that if they were down in the 4th, they could win any game.

That really hasn't happened this year. The wins have been blowouts other than the Skins game (their average margin of victory is like 17 points...). It's a much different team mentally than last year. The defense isn't making key stops when they need to, and the offense just looks uninspired for the whole game.

But its mind boggling how they can go and blow out the Packers, 49ers and Saints and then just crap the bed.

Morehead State
12-21-2012, 01:00 PM
The same place it was when the Redskins beat us last year before our final stretch, when we also needed to beat them just as much as the Falcons. The thing about last year is, we found it the week after, will we this year? I guess we'll find out on Sunday
We are all hoping that the same thing happens as last year. But its a friggin screwed up way to play. We lay down and play these horrific games and then suddenly turn into a completely different team? One of these days (and it may be right now) we are going to lay down like we did last week and not be able to get back up because the league simply may be passing us by.
Its time to friggin wake up and get some consistent play out of this team. Play that befits a SB champion. SB champs don't get beat 34-0.
If we are truly the team that beat SF and GB, then why the hell can't we be more consistent? Why do we have to have these embarrassing performances?
The answer to me is that maybe we really aren't that good and our runs were just a decent teams getting hot at the right time. I don't know but this crap has to stop.
If our FO and coaching staff are missing something fundamental about this team, we could be down and stay down for a while. And none of us wants to see that happen. Its OK for fans to have this BS attitude that this is just the way we do it. But the FO and coaches can't. Last week was a friggin nightmare!
So to TC and JR, time to get this team's head out of its collective *** and start playing well or it will be time for fundamental changes.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
We are all hoping that the same thing happens as last year. But its a friggin screwed up way to play. We lay down and play these horrific games and then suddenly turn into a completely different team? One of these days (and it may be right now) we are going to lay down like we did last week and not be able to get back up because the league simply may be passing us by.
Its time to friggin wake up and get some consistent play out of this team. Play that befits a SB champion. SB champs don't get beat 34-0.
If we are truly the team that beat SF and GB, then why the hell can't we be more consistent? Why do we have to have these embarrassing performances?
The answer to me is that maybe we really aren't that good and our runs were just a decent teams getting hot at the right time. I don't know but this crap has to stop.
If our FO and coaching staff are missing something fundamental about this team, we could be down and stay down for a while. And none of us wants to see that happen. Its OK for fans to have this BS attitude that this is just the way we do it. But the FO and coaches can't. Last week was a friggin nightmare!
So to TC and JR, time to get this team's head out of its collective *** and start playing well or it will be time for fundamental changes.
This notion that the coaches don't care when we go out there and blow is just nonsense. Did you see Coughlin on the sideline last game? He looked like he was about to have a stroke.

Yea I agree, we're inconsistent as hell, both times we won the SB we got hot at the right time. I can guarantee you the coaches, management, and ownership hate this inconsistency just as much, if not, more than we do.

But what are they to do? Should Coughlin come out during a press conference and just bash the team and say that our season is over? He's going to do what he does every week and every year, he's going to go about practice, preparation, and motivation the same way he does every week, it's up for the guys to play like they give a damn.

Last year around this time Coughlin motivated them with that video of the girl who collapsed in a race and kept struggling to cross the finish line, I expect him to come up with something else this week and try his hardest to motivate them, but at the end of the day, they're the ones who play and have to execute what they were coached in practice. If they don't, then those who are bringing down this team deserve to get cut. I don't think it's a lack of preparation on Coughlin's part or that he's fine with mediocrity, the guy is a perfectionist.

Spytheweb
12-21-2012, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they loss 34-0 again or win 34-0. With the Giants you just don't know. One thing is for sure if they lose Sunday the Eagles will beat them next week.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they loss 34-0 again or win 34-0. With the Giants you just don't know. One thing is for sure if they lose Sunday the Eagles will beat them next week.I could see that

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 02:36 PM
They will miss the playoffs by 3 points and two losses. This team is nothing like las years team. They probably get blown out this weekend.

Roosevelt
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
This notion that the coaches don't care when we go out there and blow is just nonsense. Did you see Coughlin on the sideline last game? He looked like he was about to have a stroke.

Yea I agree, we're inconsistent as hell, both times we won the SB we got hot at the right time. I can guarantee you the coaches, management, and ownership hate this inconsistency just as much, if not, more than we do.

But what are they to do? Should Coughlin come out during a press conference and just bash the team and say that our season is over? He's going to do what he does every week and every year, he's going to go about practice, preparation, and motivation the same way he does every week, it's up for the guys to play like they give a damn.

Last year around this time Coughlin motivated them with that video of the girl who collapsed in a race and kept struggling to cross the finish line, I expect him to come up with something else this week and try his hardest to motivate them, but at the end of the day, they're the ones who play and have to execute what they were coached in practice. If they don't, then those who are bringing down this team deserve to get cut. I don't think it's a lack of preparation on Coughlin's part or that he's fine with mediocrity, the guy is a perfectionist.

I agree. I believe Coughlin is trying his damnedest to get these guys prepared to play. I believe this is on the players.

Oh, and of course Killdrive. :p

Roosevelt
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
They will miss the playoffs by 3 points and two losses. This team is nothing like las years team. They probably get blown out this weekend.

There's that Buddy spirit we all adore!

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 02:41 PM
There's that Buddy spirit we all adore!Truth hurts but they are not a good team.

ashleymarie
12-21-2012, 02:50 PM

Or win the next several games. It's a turkey shoot.

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Nah. Not this year. Last year Eli was clutch and they got healh at the righ time. This year the offense stinks and they are more banged up now than they where all season.

GameTime
12-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Nah. Not this year. Last year Eli was clutch and they got healh at the righ time. This year the offense stinks and they are more banged up now than they where all season.
yep....despite last years similar record Eli was hot most of the year. He would have to have a dramatic turnaround by Sunday.
Not that it cant happen but I think not. Also too many OTHER ISSUES......

Kruunch
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM

Well said.

Morehead State
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM

I'm not for a second suggesting that the coaches don't care about poor play. But the reality is that they coach a team that can look like world beaters one week and then look like they can't beat the Sister's of the Poor the next week.
Someone tell me why that is.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm not for a second suggesting that the coaches don't care about poor play. But the reality is that they coach a team that can look like world beaters one week and then look like they can't beat the Sister's of the Poor the next week.
Someone tell me why that is.That's the million dollar question right there...The fans, owner, coaches, players, and media have all been wondering the same thing. I wish I knew.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-21-2012, 04:26 PM
The main reason we blow chunks is that we are TOO damn predictable. We run the same plays time after time and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt. Change up the game plan so that we throw other teams off guard and have them on their heels all game. Also, if the game plan isnt working...MAKE ADJUSTMENTS at halftime. Thats what it is there for!!!

talbot
12-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Also....they need to start utilizing the TEs and HB/FBs more in the passing game. I'm not talking about checkdowns, design some plays for the ball to go to Hynoski in the flat, etc etc.

I love the deep ball, but its not working the way it used to.

The first drive the Giants had in the SB was PERFECT.

G-MANning4Life
12-21-2012, 05:11 PM
The main reason we blow chunks is that we are TOO damn predictable. We run the same plays time after time and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt. Change up the game plan so that we throw other teams off guard and have them on their heels all game. Also, if the game plan isnt working...MAKE ADJUSTMENTS at halftime. Thats what it is there for!!!
Agreed. Sometimes when I'm sitting on the couch watching the game, I can call the plays based on their formation before the snap! So imagine the opposing team's DC knowing as well. They study their opponents and look for patterns. That is a big issue for Gilbride and our offense, especially by midseason when everyone has us figured out.

GentleGiant
12-21-2012, 06:12 PM

Yeah well that's how they looked last year.

GameTime
12-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah well that's how they looked last year.
Eli was playing much better last season also never heard them say last that they didnt know why the are playing so poorly.
They all sound like they are beat.....even TC

GentleGiant
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM

That's quite an ignorant way to look at it.

Decent teams don't win the SB twice just because they got hot. You talk like we're an anomaly. There's been tons of other low record teams to win the SB? 11-5 packers? 11-5 steelers? You know that team that went on to be 15-1 next year? Yeah they sure were a decent team that got hot.

How many more times do we need to win the SB for people to quit saying we're a decent team that got hot?

It's not like we're getting upsetted like the steelers, patriots, or saints.

Our losses have actually been to good teams(the eagles were a better team at the beginning of the season).
We've lost to the cowboys, falcons, steelers, bengals, and redskins. These are good teams.
So what if last week was a disaster? Getting swept by the redskins last year was more embarrassing than this.

You can't be a decent team when you have teams like the packers and 49ers number. Those teams would wish to be like us.

The reality is that we are SB champions. We did blow out the 9ers, packers, and saints. And if one loss is too much for you then get off the bandwagon. You think it's surprising for a team to be bad the next year? Look at the 2008 steelers. They ended 9-7 in 2009.

GentleGiant
12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Eli was playing much better last season also never heard them say last that they didnt know why the are playing so poorly.
They all sound like they are beat.....even TC

That's the dumbest thing I've heard.

Explain to me how 7-7 is better than 8-6?

Oh please. Don't know why they play poorly? Cause I just heard Eli say how siked he was for the ravens game?

You guys translate Eli getting a splinter as "oh my god he's injured the season's over". I'm not even gonna take that seriously cause most people take a quote that was actually "we played poorly on sunday" and turn into "we don't why we play poorly but we're gonna keep doing it forever HAHAHAHAHAHA".

People was saying eli was mvp at the beginning of the season.

The giants got beat by the packers, 9ers, and saints last year. This year they beat them all. How are they doing worse?

jomo
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
I am confident that this last punch to the mouth is going to motivate these guys to clean it up, and get it on the rest of the season. I predict they are getting ready to go on a tear through the playoffs. Who's with me?I am on board with that rebelfan 1966!

gmen46
12-21-2012, 09:15 PM

How dare you!

Don't you know this board is not for having confidence in the Giants after e.v.e.r.y. time they lose a game? Confidence in the Giants is for losers!!!! It's for wussies!!!

Tuck is a quitter! His body language is of a loser. We must--must, I tell you--get rid of him!!

Nicks is too "fragile" and is hurting our team whenever he's on the field.

Gilbride is the worst OC in NFL history (and beyond!) He's too predictable. He's too boring. He's too.........(fill in whatever you want).

Don't you realize we must rebuild the entire team, top to bottom?

Again, how dare you express any confidence in this team!!!!!

joemorrisforprez
12-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I have 0 confidence....
Not good.....

I've seen a **** ton of Giants games, and I am totally clueless about what to expect.

But, if they go out with a whimper, a changing of the guard is required, and I'd start with finding a new defensive captain.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-21-2012, 09:20 PM
I've seen a **** ton of Giants games, and I am totally clueless about what to expect.

But, if they go out with a whimper, a changing of the guard is required, and I'd start with finding a new defensive captain.

amen my brother,,it could be a barn burner or it could be a blowout in or out of our favor,,,the giants are like a box of cracker jacks,,sometimes the prize is fun to play with and sometimes it outright sucks.

Roosevelt
12-21-2012, 10:26 PM

New York City.

Too many distractions.

JJC7301
12-22-2012, 12:19 AM
I'll believe that they'll turn it on when I see it. This is good because whenever I expect them to do something good, they crap out. When I expect nothing, they do well.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-22-2012, 12:25 AM
I am on board with that rebelfan 1966!Really? A last punch in the mouth? Since when in football or any sport does it take a LAST punch in the mouth to wake up?? Back when I played, and then when I coached, It was a day in, day out punch in the mouth DURING practice. I never laid down as a player,EVER!

Then when i started coaching football, I would never allow my players to lay down(if they did, they knew the bench was ready for them). I coached football 10 seasons and have 4 championships. Say what you want, it doesnt matter what age group but if you wanna know it was 12-15 Pop Warner. All remains the same when it comes to Hunger, Will, and the Fight to Win.

Again say what you want about anything but I Coached and witnessed pure love of the game and the DESIRE to win. The NY Giants DO NOT have this, this season

slag
12-22-2012, 12:53 AM
so tough , as fans, to watch the type of football against Green Bay and New Orleans, to now be HOPING they show up, HOPING they are motivated to win,HOPING , they turn it around. this shoulds be a gimme ! but, I am still ALL IN !

gmen46
12-22-2012, 02:58 AM
Really? A last punch in the mouth? Since when in football or any sport does it take a LAST punch in the mouth to wake up?? Back when I played, and then when I coached, It was a day in, day out punch in the mouth DURING practice. I never laid down as a player,EVER!

Then when i started coaching football, I would never allow my players to lay down(if they did, they knew the bench was ready for them). I coached football 10 seasons and have 4 championships. Say what you want, it doesnt matter what age group but if you wanna know it was 12-15 Pop Warner. All remains the same when it comes to Hunger, Will, and the Fight to Win.

Again say what you want about anything but I Coached and witnessed pure love of the game and the DESIRE to win. The NY Giants DO NOT have this, this season

Respect for your service to the youth in your community. That takes a lot of commitment, effort and patience. I mean that sincerely.

But PLEASE don't tell us you are comparing coaching Pop Warner (children who have not yet reached their independence of adult authority figures and who practice and play a few hours a week for, what, 10 weeks a year?) to that of coaching adults who are paid a lot of money and who work 10 months out of each year at perfecting their craft. Not to mention, comparing to an NFL coach who has won 2 Super Bowls in 8 years of coaching Giants.

C'mon.

EnragedYouth85
12-22-2012, 05:39 AM
I'm with you, I think they are going turn it on but why does it take so much crap to do that?

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Respect for your service to the youth in your community. That takes a lot of commitment, effort and patience. I mean that sincerely.

But PLEASE don't tell us you are comparing coaching Pop Warner (children who have not yet reached their independence of adult authority figures and who practice and play a few hours a week for, what, 10 weeks a year?) to that of coaching adults who are paid a lot of money and who work 10 months out of each year at perfecting their craft. Not to mention, comparing to an NFL coach who has won 2 Super Bowls in 8 years of coaching Giants.

C'mon.Actually Pop Warner is 3 months long, and we do practice almost 3 hours a day for 5 days a week with games being on Saturday. So basically 6 days a week for 3 months. I know it isnt the NFL, however it is still Football and the dedication of those players was just awesome. I wish we could see the same dedication out of our Giants when it comes to playing the game.

moosedrool
12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
This year is alot different than last year. They can win the last two games and get in, but I don't think they can beat Atlanta in Atlanta.

When was the last time they beat a good dome team in their dome? New Orleans blew them out last year 49-24 and then last week's 34-0 Atlanta blowout. If they get in, hopefully the go to SF or GB instead.

FlyingTruck
12-22-2012, 03:48 PM
The Redskins and their rookie QB will win the division. We'll be on the outside looking in. This team has been completely different this year. Playing uninspired, and some of our losses have been down right embarrassing.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 03:52 PM

The Sister's Of The Poor have a dynamite pass rush

byron
12-22-2012, 05:26 PM
as far as I'm concerned it the coaching staffs job to have these guys really.. and come up with a good game plan if any of those things aren't working... and I don't give a **** what we are talking about,execution,focus,game plan,etc... you have to adjust what ever the hell ain't working.....Sit people down , get in their gd faces,take chances, blitz... Idk but do something anything that might motivate get a fire started or change the momentum...when your down 24 to zip stop playing safe get ****ing mad and kick some ****ing ***.....I don't want to hear this is the way they do ! This is the way they do because something is either not working or someone isn't getting through to them or they just plain suck...take your pick in my mind it a little bit of everything......**** it we'll find out tomorrow if they are all in.....

I love this franchise and I'm grateful for all they have given us.... but this team makes it hard for fans to stay positive with this freaking erratic and embarrassing play

gmen46
12-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Actually Pop Warner is 3 months long, and we do practice almost 3 hours a day for 5 days a week with games being on Saturday. So basically 6 days a week for 3 months. I know it isnt the NFL, however it is still Football and the dedication of those players was just awesome. I wish we could see the same dedication out of our Giants when it comes to playing the game.

I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree. But I seldom see the kind of chronic dedication you refer to in very many pro athletes anymore, team sports athletes at any rate (It's near impossible for pro golfers and tennis players to succeed without that kind of dedication, I'm sure).

We did see it in Michael Jordan, Jerry Rice, for example, but that was 12-15 years ago. From everything that's been written about Eli and Peyton, you see it from them. But they all seem to be more the exception that proves the rule. Maybe we just don't read or hear much about other pros who have that kind of commitment to excellence, I don't know.

Again, I respect you and others for your commitment to coaching and influencing youth in your area in a positive way. The amount of time, energy, and patience required to do that, especially repeated over several years, is impressive and admirable.