View Full Version : Bradshaw Needs to Lead the Team to Playoffs

Martin
12-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Watched an interview with him
on NFL Network.

Round table questions at him about the Giants
attitude and inconsistancy.

Bradshaw's answers were very direct
in that he believes he can fire up the team.

I don't see that in other players or at least
many of them.

Bradshaw is gonna need to spark this
team in the locker room and on the field Sunday.

Seems to be a pattern with this team in Dec.
to just get in. Oh boy!

M00KIE
12-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Hard to lead if you can't play. I want to see him out there but not if he's gimpy.

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 12:40 PM
on NFL Network.

many of them.

to just get in. Oh boy!

He's not even cleared to practice

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 12:57 PM
The problem is Wilson has just as much fire as Bradshaw, but as M00kie said you can't lead if you can't play.

coachbobbyfinst
12-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Problem with Wilson is Gilbrides gameplan, or lack thereof. I'll giv ehim a pass bc we got down big early. But, you have to reach into the 'bag' and get creative. Atl knew exactly what was coming, it was like they were in the huddle.
In addition to running between the tackles lets get Wilson the ball in some space, pitches, a few passes, counters...

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 01:33 PM
The problem is Wilson has just as much fire as Bradshaw, but as M00kie said you can't lead if you can't play.

Wilson took 27 snaps against the Falcons and Lumpkin took 19. Wilson is averaging 5.0 yards per rush and Lumpkin 4.7

TheShouldersOf
12-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Point is, they don't play Wilson enough to get anyone fired up, him trying to run on the field after each play with the Running Back coach continuing to push him back and pat his head shows a least an urgency versus looking sullen and lethargic on the bench,

also, i believe other people on that team could get everyone 'Fired Up' but the Coaches seem to rely and 'Old Reliable' for lack of better word, Bradshaw has a ton of 'Heart and fire' but also gets away with a lot, hitting the helmet of Cruz, yelling at the Coach Etc

and say what you will Bradshaw is an average Running Back that the Giants like because it doesn't take away from Eli who is their prize, on top of the fact he is injured, they have to learn to start winning without Bradshaw because eventually they have to

GameTime
12-21-2012, 01:20 AM
but Wilson doesnt carry the clout Bradshaw does.

joemorrisforprez
12-21-2012, 02:32 AM
The problem is right between Gilbride's ears.

They've given Wilson one ****ing honest chance this season.....he responded with 300+ all-purpose yards and 3TDs in a huge win over the Saints.

Next week against the Falcons, Gilbride **** his pants, and pulled Wilson from the game, despite the fact that he was effective running the ball, but Eli was struggling in the passing game. Don't ask me why you force your dynamic running back into a pass-protection role when the passing game is sucking ***. Possibly the most stupid gameplan I've seen from Gilbride, and that's saying alot.

So yeah, I do want Bradshaw back, but only because he's a much better option than Lumpkin.

Nobody can apparently slap enough sense into Gilbride to use Wilson as a running back, so yeah, let's give the ball back to Bradshaw, who is probably 60% of his former self right now.

This team is staring at 8-8 if they are too chicken**** to play Reese's top draft pick.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-21-2012, 02:36 AM
on NFL Network.

many of them.

to just get in. Oh boy!

Eli need to lead this team with his play,,,,it's time to shake off the funk and turn back into the silent assassin.

joemorrisforprez
12-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Eli need to lead this team with his play,,,,it's time to shake off the funk and turn back into the silent assassin.

I agree there......regardless of everything else....RB, defense, etc.......Eli Manning has to have a great game this Sunday. If he sucks again, or is even avergage, teh Giants are in big, big trouble.

Ray Rice is going to have 200+ yards rushing and receving....Eli needs to have a monster game.

TheShouldersOf
12-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Last i checked it wasn't the 'New York Eli's' it comes down to multiple factors, this team and the Coaches are far to dependent on Eli, his talents as a quarterback are not in question, regardless if he is playing bad or playing superior we know his talents, if he doesn't have enough gumpshun to talk to Gilbride and Coughlin about the offensive schemes and what is and isn't working, he is not the leader we all take and give him credit for

Receivers are not getting open and the progression are taking too long, it's rare when he checks for a check down or a tight end unless it's a designed play, Nicks playing hurt takes away the physicality, Cruz is hot and cold, Bradshaw is not intimidating as a Runner, teams know that and play the pass knowing Bradshaw will get about 4 yards if lucky, Wilson is the first Big Play back they have had since Tiki and refuse to utilize his skill set,

Bradshaw is not the answer, no 'Single player' is the encompassing answer

giantsfan420
12-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Bradshaw cant even practice. This is a serious issue we have concerning the )eaders" on this team. Unfortunately, bradshaw prob does truly believe he can lead this team, and normally thatd be a good thing. Except, its actually during practices and the week leading up to the game. Its why imo we are so hot n cold. If bradshaw really wants to be a leader, someone needs to explain to him that its not just gameday u try to set the tone, its the week and practices leading to that game that the tone and effort is set. I mean if our guys were following bradshaws lead, no one would ever practice.
Unfortunately the captain we do have "leading" us throughout the week is tuck. And all hes doing is setting the example of how NOT to act. I noticed something that worries me greatly. I was watching sb highlights late last night and saw a diff cqmera angle of tucks presb speech. Jpp is standing there and u can see how hes this piece of clay waiting to be molded. Jpp looked motionless and emotionless while tucks giving that pep speech...and tragically it seems hes followed tucks leadership and now has lost the enthusiasm and passion we were used to seeing with him

TAILGATIN'
12-21-2012, 09:40 AM
The problem is right between Gilbride's ears.

They've given Wilson one ****ing honest chance this season.....he responded with 300+ all-purpose yards and 3TDs in a huge win over the Saints.

Next week against the Falcons, Gilbride **** his pants, and pulled Wilson from the game, despite the fact that he was effective running the ball, but Eli was struggling in the passing game. Don't ask me why you force your dynamic running back into a pass-protection role when the passing game is sucking ***. Possibly the most stupid gameplan I've seen from Gilbride, and that's saying alot.

So yeah, I do want Bradshaw back, but only because he's a much better option than Lumpkin.

Nobody can apparently slap enough sense into Gilbride to use Wilson as a running back, so yeah, let's give the ball back to Bradshaw, who is probably 60% of his former self right now.

This team is staring at 8-8 if they are too chicken**** to play Reese's top draft pick.

Great post :)

shane4177
12-21-2012, 12:09 PM
First off, as others have responded, you need to actually be on the field to lead the team. Secondly....don't be surprised if Bradshaw is gone after this season. This guy has soooo many issues with his feet/ankles, and now knee......c'mon now didn't we give him like 5 mil for 3-4 years? If he can't stay on the field his days are numbered. Next year we should feature Brown and Wilson......

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 12:13 PM
First off, as others have responded, you need to actually be on the field to lead the team. Secondly....don't be surprised if Bradshaw is gone after this season. This guy has soooo many issues with his feet/ankles, and now knee......c'mon now didn't we give him like 5 mil for 3-4 years? If he can't stay on the field his days are numbered. Next year we should feature Brown and Wilson......

I think that's the plan going forward. Brown/Wilson, mix in a little Scott and maybe a little of some UDFA or something...

timmytimm3
12-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I think that's the plan going forward. Brown/Wilson, mix in a little Scott and maybe a little of some UDFA or something...

Brown and Wilson will be lethal next year. Especially if we upgrade the line a bit.

TheShouldersOf
12-21-2012, 01:28 PM
do you really think Coughlin will get rid of his Bradshaw? he would rather let him on the field in crutches then give it to someone else at this point

BlueReign
12-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Bradshaw has earned the right to stay here as long as he likes. He's the emotional leader of this team and shows more heart than ANYONE else on this roster, which is something we were severely lacking last week.

appodictic
12-22-2012, 10:25 PM

Ow yea those guys are definitely leaders, they NEVER get hurt like bradshaw (even though two are done for the season) and the other one could not even block the karate kids crane kick let alone a linebacker.