PDA

View Full Version : Struggling Pass Rush...

Jahh
12-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I am hearing all this talk about how much the pass rush is struggling or how JPP is getting quadruple teamed or whatever. Then I pair that with hearing Fewell talk about how the gameplan against the Saints was designed knowing it put our D-line in tough positions to get sacks. My question is, shouldn't Fewell be responsible for putting them in a better situation a few times a game just to spark some energy? Is he putting them in good positions but just covering for his guys?

I just have the feeling Fewell is not putting them in the best position. Sometimes you just need to get a slump buster before you catch fire.

slipknottin
12-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Well with Brees the goal was to get him moving in the pocket. Which is understandable. Brees didnt seem comfortable all day.

DEs know its not all about sacks.

Problem is, JPP is only an average pass rusher, even with his 16 sack season it was slightly more fluky than anything, he was pretty average in terms of pressures/hits. He just converted his pressures/hits into sacks a much higher percentage of the time than other players.

But with JPP being only average/above average, and getting no help at all game to game from Tuck or Osi (or kiwi) then you dont have much of a pass rush.
I mean Blackburn has as many sacks as Tuck does. Canty has as many sacks as Tuck, Linval has more sacks than everyone but JPP and Osi, but he is only 2 behind

joemorrisforprez
12-20-2012, 04:33 PM
I am hearing all this talk about how much the pass rush is struggling or how JPP is getting quadruple teamed or whatever. Then I pair that with hearing Fewell talk about how the gameplan against the Saints was designed knowing it put our D-line in tough positions to get sacks. My question is, shouldn't Fewell be responsible for putting them in a better situation a few times a game just to spark some energy? Is he putting them in good positions but just covering for his guys?

I just have the feeling Fewell is not putting them in the best position. Sometimes you just need to get a slump buster before you catch fire.

Our coordinators have been resting on their laurels this year, just like the players.