PDA

View Full Version : NFC East race: The case for the Giants

Breezely
12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/47175/nfc-east-race-the-case-for-the-giants

According to the BLOG, the Giants can still make the playoffs, even if the other two NFC east participants go 2-0. I don't know how true that is but 1 fact is that one of them have to lose because they play each other the last week of the season.

Mr. G-Man
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM
this blog should be stripped of all credibility the moment it claimed the skins and cowgirls could both go 2-0.

Breezely
12-20-2012, 06:19 PM
this blog should be stripped of all credibility the moment it claimed the skins and cowgirls could both go 2-0.

I agree. No argument here!!!!!

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
12-20-2012, 07:35 PM
(red font) If the Cowboys and Skins go 2-0 we don't deserve to make the playoffs (red font)

hungrrrry
12-20-2012, 08:11 PM
very dumb thread since this can't happen...thanks for nothing

Tuckit91
12-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Cowboys and Redskins still have to play each other..

BigBlueAllDay
12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Whoa there...some of you misread the article.

This is what the article exactly states:
"There's also the math. The Giants could go 2-0 and still, if the Redskins or Cowboys do the same, not win the division (though they'd still make it in as a wild-card team)."

That is correct. ESPN can be garbage for their opinions, analysis, and picks, but when it comes to facts and stats, they're very reliable.

Joe Morrison
12-20-2012, 09:31 PM
My prediction: Saints beat the Cowboys / Redskins beat the Eagles - Giants beat the Ravens - Week 17, Cowboys beat the Redskins / Giants finally beat the Eagles and end up with the NFC East title, Go Giants!

miked1958
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
My prediction: Saints beat the Cowboys / Redskins beat the Eagles - Giants beat the Ravens - Week 17, Cowboys beat the Redskins / Giants finally beat the Eagles and end up with the NFC East title, Go Giants!yes in that scenario the giants would be right back in drivers seat with the one game lead going into final game only needing to win to clinch NFCE

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 12:34 AM
My prediction: Saints beat the Cowboys / Redskins beat the Eagles - Giants beat the Ravens - Week 17, Cowboys beat the Redskins / Giants finally beat the Eagles and end up with the NFC East title, Go Giants!

+1.....

That's how I see it too.

Rusty192
12-21-2012, 12:38 AM
+1.....

That's how I see it too.that would be glorious.

Rodgers12
12-21-2012, 12:42 AM
It is a blizzard here in GB tonight!! A foot of snow has fallen. That means playoff time is not far away! You guys remember the frozen tundra well.

stormblue
12-21-2012, 12:47 AM
they still need to win both games ..... for division or wildcard , 9-7 won't get either one.....
out of Seattle,Chicago and Minnesota...at least one of them will go 10-6 , Seattle is already 9-5...and their last game is vs. Rams.
the Bears have the Cards and Lions......9-7 will not get the #5 seed

but the biggest problem is that Dallas or Wash also holds the wild-card tie breaker against us...so 9-7 would give them the heads up on the #6 seed.....and eliminate us from wildcard contention.

lets say , Giants , Cowboys , Vikings, Rams ..........all 9-7

the first tie breaker is to eliminate all but the team with the best record in any given division...(Cowboys vs Giants .....)
Giants are out because division tiebreakers are used....
then they would procede to the next tiebreakers between Dallas , Vikes and Rams.

tikiandphil
12-21-2012, 06:25 AM

I'm ALL IN

Joe Morrison
12-21-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm ALL IN

Nice to see that there are some positive attitudes going into these last two weeks, let the real fans stand up and be heard, let's get ready to pack our bags for New Orleans, Eli vs Peyton!

BillTheGreek
12-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Nice to see that there are some positive attitudes going into these last two weeks, let the real fans stand up and be heard, let's get ready to pack our bags for New Orleans, Eli vs Peyton!
^^ +1

Lets Light the FIRES !

Go Giants !

Joe Morrison
12-23-2012, 10:10 AM
With two games left and the GMEN holding their own future they head in to Baltimore where almost all the so called professionals are picking the GMEN, it's reality, it should happen, but would have liked it much better if they all said they had no chance, they seem to respond better to that than the they should win mentality. Lets Go GMEN - Saints - Eagles!

miked1958
12-23-2012, 10:18 AM
There is a scenario this weekend where the giants can clinch a playoff spot! Highly unlikely for it to happen though. Bears, Vikings, Cowboys & Redskins all losing while the Giants win would clinch at least the sixth seed. Now depending on what Seattle did in last two and what we did vs Philly we could move up to 5th. Also as stated above we actually have easier way to clinch NFCE. But we'd need two wins under that option.

Philly beats Skins, Saints beat Cowboys, we beat Ravens and Philly.

miked1958
12-23-2012, 10:23 AM
On the Bad side of it I found out in another Thread (and confirmed through the ESPN Playoff Machine) that we could also be Eliminated this weekend..

A combo of Philly, Dallas & Seattle wins and a giants loss to Baltimore boots us out of playoff contention no matter what we do vs Philly. Not sure why cause I thought there was a scenario where if we lost we still have a slight shot going into final weekend but we'd have to win while a slew of teams lost. Guess that's only true if one of the 3 teams mentioned loses Sunday.

Although if we lose to Baltimore we wouldn't be deserving of a playoff shot anyway

Jiffy Jeff
12-23-2012, 10:25 AM

I like it.....I like it.

miked1958
12-23-2012, 10:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/47175/nfc-east-race-the-case-for-the-giantsAccording to the BLOG, the Giants can still make the playoffs, even if the other two NFC east participants go 2-0. I don't know how true that is but 1 fact is that one of them have to lose because they play each other the last week of the season.thats a great piece

miked1958
12-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Seems like everyone wants to count the Giants out and leave for dead. Bury them and throw away the shovel. However everyone that feels that way has that slight feeling deep down that says, "Could they do it to us again?". And they all know the answer to that in their heart of hearts even though they'd hate to see it again