PDA

View Full Version : A 3 Safety package can give us a boost...

Jorge Boada
12-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I think the Giants can put a 3 Safety formation on the field with Pillips, Rolle and Brown and create more turnovers...

giantsfan420
12-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Agreed and expect to see that on 3rd down situations. Still think we run the 4 3 as the base bc of rice. Also iirc their speed threat/best wr suffered a concussion last week but from what ive read he still has to pass baseline tests to ensure hes ok mentally

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Is jacquian williams healthy? Might be the only guy that can catch rice on our team...

DownWitJPP
12-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Is jacquian williams healthy? Might be the only guy that can catch rice on our team...

if rice gets through the Dline, and LB's any one of our DB's should be able to catch him, and if they can't they shouldn't be playing professional football

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 07:49 PM
if rice gets through the Dline, and LB's any one of our DB's should be able to catch him, and if they can't they shouldn't be playing professional football

Umm... Rice is the guy who converted a freaking 4th and 29 off a SCREEN PASS... he's probably the greatest rushing threat we've faced all year, and that includes the Griffin/Morris combo.

At least vs the Ravens we can sell out vs the run, especially if Prince and KP are healthy... I could imagine a new wrinkle on the 3 safety set, where Rolle or Hill are used exclusively in the box to stuff Rice...

DownWitJPP
12-20-2012, 07:56 PM
thanks man i know who he is.. and i agree he's one of the best running backs in the league, but he will not outrun DB's...hes not David Wilson fast. We got blown out so bad because prince didn't play...who would of thought we would be saying that..

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 07:57 PM
thanks man i know who he is.. and i agree he's one of the best running backs in the league, but he will not outrun DB's...hes not David Wilson fast

one thing's for sure, we're going to have to make some freaking tackles... Rice will have a field day if we dont. Wrap the guy up, don't just try to knock him down.

DownWitJPP
12-20-2012, 08:03 PM
starts with our DLine..they need to start defending the run MUCH better...no idea what happened to Joseph and Canty, they used to be stout against the run. And if Osi and Tuck Don't generate any pass rush..its gonna make it tough on our LB's and DB's

giantsacks
12-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Tuck is probably out which is not a bad thing we should have very healthy dline rotation goin with tuck shoulder messd up thatmakes u wonder how long he been hurt .but with Phillips back we should see better run defense that will frustrate flacco so bad that he throws are secondary a few picks maybe a pick6

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Tuck is probably out which is not a bad thing we should have very healthy dline rotation goin with tuck shoulder messd up thatmakes u wonder how long he been hurt .but with Phillips back we should see better run defense that will frustrate flacco so bad that he throws are secondary a few picks maybe a pick6

Tuck is out?

RagTime Blue
12-21-2012, 01:04 AM
I've seen KP try to play when he's not 100%, and it's ugly. I hope he's more ready than the last time he was on the field.

joemorrisforprez
12-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Umm... Rice is the guy who converted a freaking 4th and 29 off a SCREEN PASS... he's probably the greatest rushing threat we've faced all year, and that includes the Griffin/Morris combo.

At least vs the Ravens we can sell out vs the run, especially if Prince and KP are healthy... I could imagine a new wrinkle on the 3 safety set, where Rolle or Hill are used exclusively in the box to stuff Rice...

You'd hope so....but that didn't happen v. the Redskins.

giantsacks
12-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Most likely according to profootballtalk.com

JJC7301
12-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Agreed and expect to see that on 3rd down situations. Still think we run the 4 3 as the base bc of rice. Also iirc their speed threat/best wr suffered a concussion last week but from what ive read he still has to pass baseline tests to ensure hes ok mentally
+1. Yeah, the Raven's best O weapon is Rice. I'd stick with traditional 4-3 in this game.