PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Justin Tuck Unsure If He'll Play Sunday, Time For The D-Line To Step Up

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...re_if_h_1.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/giants_justin_tuck_unsure_if_h_1.html)

Excerpt: "Justin Tuck is encouraged with what he's seen on film from recent defensive performances against the Ravens. He said he's noticed there are opportunities to get to Joe Flacco and defenses have capitalized. That much he knows. Whether he'll be on the field to take part is another matter.

"I don't know. We'll see," was how Tuck answered when asked if he will play Sunday.

Tuck, who hasn't practiced this week with a shoulder injury, repeated the two sentences when asked if he's optimistic.

His head coach was more so.

"I think well get him some work tomorrow," Tom Coughlin said. "Hes feeling better every day."

Tuck and the rest of the Giants defensive line has fielded the series of questions for weeks now. They know the pass rush isn't living up to the lofty, perhaps too lofty, expectations.

Their various answers have usually centered on the opposing offenses' heightened awareness and effective gameplanning. Now, Tuck thinks it's time that they look at themselves.

"Maybe we're giving o-lines and offensive coordinators and offenses too much credit," said Tuck, who has just three sacks this season.

"Honestly, I think we just need to stop worrying about what people are writing, what people say about our pass rush and just get back to beating people up front. I think if you start listening to what people say about 'You're not getting sacks, you're not doing this,' you start trying to look for answers instead of focusing on the answer, which is you beating the guy in front of you." Read more...

wuzpapn
12-21-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm actually glad he'll be out. He's seemed sluggish lately, and I haven't enjoyed watching him play. Bring in a young buck that's hungry and amped. Tracy or Ojomo will get the job done.

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 08:14 AM
More likely gonna see Osi and Kiwi rotating in... you know how this team despises rookies doing anything.

bigbluetribe
12-21-2012, 08:32 AM
this would be good if other players would see more time but all it would do it just prevent them from putting in younger dlinemen tiring the existing ones even more

BklynBlue
12-21-2012, 08:52 AM
More likely gonna see Osi and Kiwi rotating in... you know how this team despises rookies doing anything.

Agree. But in the event Tuck is inactive, who gets activavted?

embeshAtYa
12-21-2012, 08:52 AM
At this point cant help but just get the feeling that it doesnt matter who is in there. Its helpless. I think Fewell sucks too

Rudyy
12-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Agree. But in the event Tuck is inactive, who gets activavted?Hopefully someone who cares

GameTime
12-21-2012, 08:57 AM
maybe that will bring some fire.......
they need something to make them give crap

Gmen2005
12-21-2012, 09:12 AM
What happened to this guy? He's become such a disappointment

JB456
12-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I hope he just sits out and the Giants D-line rips Flacco up. Maybe that will light a fire under his arse and perhaps restablish a sense of pride.

nycisgreat
12-21-2012, 09:47 AM

If there one thing that I could point out here, is that Tuck hasn't been the same since the Flozel Adams tripping incident. He should've gotten his shoulder repaired years ago.

harrycarson
12-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Tuck has been a waste of space.....play Pierre Paul on that side and osi on other....duuhhhh

Moke
12-21-2012, 09:53 AM
This actually makes me happy. Let's see how we do without Tuck. I bet we can get someone else to be on fire this game.

OrangeGiant
12-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I've been unsure Tuck was going to play in every game this year! Sorry, couldn't resist.

r1000
12-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Seriously!! I totally agree.. I've been saying this for A WHILE now!! Hate hearing his voice and his ridiculous answers when being interviewed.

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Unless if he's getting his arm amputated I would be SHOCKED if Tuck doesn't play. This is the biggest game of the season; he's one of the veterans on the team. Even if he comes off of the bench I he has to play AND play well.

I don't know if he's breaking down or he's soft, or what. I think TC will have to have that meeting with him again to set him straight about what's expected of him.

JB456
12-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Unless if he's getting his arm amputated I would be SHOCKED if Tuck doesn't play. This is the biggest game of the season; he's one of the veterans on the team. Even if he comes off of the bench I he has to play AND play well.

I don't know if he's breaking down or he's soft, or what. I think TC will have to have that meeting with him again to set him straight about what's expected of him.

I wouldn't be shocked at ALL. The dude has shown nothing this whole year and looks completely disinterested in the game.

BillTheGreek
Hopefully someone who cares

^^^ TRUE !

brad
Tuck will always be a great Giant in my mind, however it seems to be clear that the wear and tear of the NFL has taken it's toll on him far sooner than most of us would have expected or hoped. I keep hoping we will see that one last gasp from him to propel the defense into a playoff caliber defense just one more time, but sadly I don't think that is going to happen. I think it is likely that he will retire after this year. But, he will go down as one of the greats, not quite a Strahan, but still a great DE in his own right.

ryan12
12-21-2012, 10:13 AM
ojomo will not see field he hasnt been active all year. tuck sucks who cares if he doesnt play

Kruunch
12-21-2012, 10:21 AM
I am sick to death of Tuck and his phantom injuries which only seem to pop up when people comment on how bad he's playing.

*jumps into his flame resistant suit*

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Tuck will always be a great Giant in my mind, however it seems to be clear that the wear and tear of the NFL has taken it's toll on him far sooner than most of us would have expected or hoped. I keep hoping we will see that one last gasp from him to propel the defense into a playoff caliber defense just one more time, but sadly I don't think that is going to happen. I think it is likely that he will retire after this year. But, he will go down as one of the greats, not quite a Strahan, but still a great DE in his own right.

Retire?

Isn't he scheduled to make $4mil. next year?I doubt he retires.

brad
12-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Retire?

Isn't he scheduled to make $4mil. next year?I doubt he retires.

He considered retirement last year, so I am fairly certain he would at least entertain the idea again this year.

Giantz4Life
12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Wait....you mean Tuck has been playing this whole year?

JB456
12-21-2012, 10:34 AM
ojomo will not see field he hasnt been active all year. tuck sucks who cares if he doesnt play

Ojomo not playing makes baby Jesus cry....

primetime
12-21-2012, 10:37 AM
If Tuck doesn't play this is an opportunity for Ojomo and Tracy to get some snaps at defensive end. Kiwi is the logical choice to play majority of the snaps, but let's give the other two a chance to play. Did Ojomo make the team just to be on the sidelines in street clothes?

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 10:48 AM
If Tuck doesn't play this is an opportunity for Ojomo and Tracy to get some snaps at defensive end. Kiwi is the logical choice to play majority of the snaps, but let's give the other two a chance to play. Did Ojomo make the team just to be on the sidelines in street clothes?

The big problem is our coaching staff despises rookies...

mikeq6722
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Tuck seems to have completely lost the fire he had, he seems genuinely disinterested in football. And whoever said theyd be shocked if he didnt play, this is a guy you see on one knee on the sideline in a ton of big plays at the end of games, wouldnt surprise me at all. I love Tuck, and I hate when fans question an athletes attitude or frame of mind, but he just doesnt seem to care about football as much.

Moke
12-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Tuck hasn't really been playing all year, so who cares?

Giantsfan62
12-21-2012, 01:45 PM
At this point I think it is a positive thing if Tuck does not play Sunday. I`d like to see a new defensive captain,too,

mikeq6722
12-21-2012, 01:52 PM
At this point I think it is a positive thing if Tuck does not play Sunday. I`d like to see a new defensive captain,too,

Rolle, I feel like hes more of the captain now anyway.

Harooni
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
If there one thing that I could point out here, is that Tuck hasn't been the same since the Flozel Adams tripping incident. He should've gotten his shoulder repaired years ago. nah thats not it, he was playing great still till he got injured during that jets preseason game last year. since that injury he has been a shadow of himself.

Spytheweb
12-21-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't think they will miss him.

nycisgreat
12-21-2012, 05:01 PM
nah thats not it, he was playing great still till he got injured during that jets preseason game last year. since that injury he has been a shadow of himself.

Honestly, I remember that game too, but he has been on the decline since that dallas game 2 seasons ago.

Joe Morrison
12-22-2012, 06:19 PM
I didn't know he had been playing :confused:

oldschoolGMEN
12-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Tracy will surprise us and have a big game !