PDA

View Full Version : Giants Need JPP, Pass Rush To Make An Impact

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...bNMfvXmA9B0IvN (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/the_line_in_the_sand_SS7W0l39bNMfvXmA9B0IvN)

Excerpt: "It’s rush hour now for Jason Pierre-Paul and the Giants. It is time to be feared again. It is time to impose, for Super Bowl Giants to dictate all terms to the Ravens and impose their will again. It is time to make Joe Flacco a rattled wreck. Sacco Flacco.

It is time to carry the championship banner for this franchise with Eli Manning. It is no time for excuses. It is time to defend your Super Bowl as if there is no tomorrow. Because there is no tomorrow today.It is time for JPP to be the Monster of M&T Bank Stadium. It is time for him to ruin the game for Flacco. Pierre-Paul has gone five straight weeks without a sack, and this is incomprehensible and inexcusable for a man of his awe-inspiring gifts. No one cares whether he has to make his way through the Great Wall of China. He cannot go a sixth game without one.

Which means it is time to heed the immortal words of Lawrence Taylor: “Let’s go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs and have some fun!”Justin Tuck was asked how critical it is for JPP to be JPP Sunday.

“It’s very critical,” Tuck said. “He’s the type of player that when he’s playing like he did most of last year, he can be a game-changer, so it’s critical for us to kind of get off to a fast start and him in particular, he can be kind of a catalyst of our defense and getting us that spark that we need.

”The mandate: Stop Ray Rice so you can pin your ears back and get Flacco. Jump out to a lead and make Flacco one-dimensional.The Giants won two Super Bowls making life a living hell for Tom Brady, remember.“Protection schemes we’ve seen this year have been kind of unorthodox,” Tuck said. “It’s worked against us because we haven’t been able to adjust to that. Hopefully we’ll start adjusting in some regard.” Read more...

Redeyejedi
12-21-2012, 09:15 AM
All I hear is Talk from this group the problem is the talent level has eroded . Justin Tuck just isnt a Pro Bowl player anymore. Statistically is 1 of the worst pass rushers in the NFL. I was vocal about drafting an end last draft this year they are forced to get 1

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 09:18 AM
All I hear is Talk from this group the problem is the talent level has eroded . Justin Tuck just isnt a Pro Bowl player anymore. Statistically is 1 of the worst pass rushers in the NFL. I was vocal about drafting an end last draft this year they are forced to get 1

I want to see what they have in Tracy and Ojomo first. But since PF never lets them see the field, we won't.

Honestly we need to spend most of the draft on the offensive line...

Redeyejedi
12-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I want to see what they have in Tracy and Ojomo first. But since PF never lets them see the field, we won't.

Honestly we need to spend most of the draft on the offensive line... I disagree those guys are back ups at best. To me DE or pass rusher is far and away the Giants biggest need

embeshAtYa
12-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Last time I saw the defensive line heating up and looking lethal was for about 2 minutes in a preseason game this year