egyptian420
12-21-2012, 11:54 AM
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1783359

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

JB456
12-21-2012, 11:57 AM

Tuck should ride the pine if he isn't physically or mentally able. We need players with high energy on the field.

ShakeandBake
12-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Tuck has been "mentally drained" for two seasons now. I'm sick of hearing about it.

primetime
12-21-2012, 12:01 PM
"To say we weren't affected, no, that would be foolish," Coughlin said of the storm during an interview with WFAN radio in New York last month. "That would be na´ve on my part."

This comment is complete b.s Sorry Tom, pro athletes who apartments or houses that got destroyed and got to stay at 5 star hotels or teammates houses is not what I find being affected. Try saying that to the thousands of families that had no where to go...

M00KIE
12-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Is there not enough digits in your check? What a **** excuse...If you can't get up to play for all of maybe 10 minutes of actual play per game (if that), hang em up.

ozzie0075
12-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I tend to agree that the team looks mentally drained. At some point being in tight pressured packed games every week in the worlds biggest media market has to get to you. And a lot of that is on the players and coaching staff as they are the best in the world at never making things easy.

Giantz4Life
12-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Tuck is the best captain of all time. Those comments really got me pumped for Sunday.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/0/0c/Shaking_head.gif

12-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Grow a set, deal with the emotional pain, and get back to work. Ham and eggers do it daily. Stop being a wussy, making excuses. Earn your darn pay. If you can't get "up" for a game making what you make, you should be fired immediately. Jeez, nothing but excuses. Play the darn game!

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Message to PF: If tuck doesn't get into the backfield in the first 10 minutes of the game, put Ojomo in...

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 12:08 PM

SMH.....

What team isn't mentally drained this time of year? It's a long tough season with injuries and a lot of ups and downs. Every team goes through mental and physical fatigue. The good ones are the ones who find that 2nd gear and FINISH strong!!!!!

This article is one of my biggest problems with Tuck. He sounds like a whiny little cry baby and his body language on the sidelines at times looks like a spoiled kid who's sulking because he didn't get what he wanted for Christmas!!!!!

EVERYONE KNOWS YOU'RE MENTALLY FATIGUED, JUSTIN. EVERYONE IN THE NFL IS. BUT YOU ARE A SUPER BOWL CHAMPION. GO OUT THERE AND FINISH!!!!!

ibbill
12-21-2012, 12:09 PM

What a joke take your 4 million and quit.

GameTime
12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Every player hits the wall at some point in their career. Whether its mentally or physically. Maybe Tuck is just done.
If he is then so be it. Retire and move on.....

stormblue
12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
this guy needs a sports psychologist or something.
every NFL player is against a wall at this this time of year.
but we still did have 6 more games to play....he needs to sac-up and get his head on straight.

Giantz4Life
12-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Every player hits the wall at some point in their career.

Tuck has hit more walls than Wile E. Coyote

Flip Empty
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
God, it's not good when your defensive captain is making excuses.

JB456
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
First he buys knee pads and worships RGIII than this.... I really hope the coaching staff and his fellow players are paying attention to him and shame him. His whole act is starting to get pathetic and might actually be damaging his legacy. These type of comments are more detremental to the team than OSI holding out last year. WTF is the coaching staff doing to correct this?????

PennState1
12-21-2012, 12:24 PM
this guy needs a sports psychologist or something.I takes significant energy and an extremely positive attitude to deal with the aches and pains associated with being a world championship defense. It takes strong and outspoken veteran leadership and example to never take a single play off and play suffocating defense that wins championships. Negativity and lack of energy rubs off on others an spreads like a virus. It takes a guy like Strahan to influence a young guy like JPP to realize his true potential and fight through constant double teams.Who is our Strahan on the current D line? Is Tuck's up and down mental state having a negative effect or am I reading too much into all of this?

embeshAtYa
12-21-2012, 12:27 PM
They act like their job is hard. Comon man. Dont even have to think about bills and play football every day with your buddies. comon

stormblue
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I takes significant energy and an extremely positive attitude to deal with the aches and pains associated with being a world championship defense. It takes strong and outspoken veteran leadership and example to never take a single play off and play suffocating defense that wins championships. Negativity and lack of energy rubs off on others an spreads like a virus. It takes a guy like Strahan to influence a young guy like JPP to realize his true potential and fight through constant double teams.Who is our Strahan on the current D line? Is Tuck's up and down mental state having a negative effect or am I reading too much into all of this?

i (personally) think you are reading it correctly...
i can't see anything positive coming from a situation where your defensive captain is depressed and pessimistic.....

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I takes significant energy and an extremely positive attitude to deal with the aches and pains associated with being a world championship defense. It takes strong and outspoken veteran leadership and example to never take a single play off and play suffocating defense that wins championships. Negativity and lack of energy rubs off on others an spreads like a virus. It takes a guy like Strahan to influence a young guy like JPP to realize his true potential and fight through constant double teams.Who is our Strahan on the current D line? Is Tuck's up and down mental state having a negative effect or am I reading too much into all of this?Maybe it's time for Strahan to pay us another visit to put some motivation in this team? It worked last time

M00KIE
12-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Maybe it's time for Strahan to pay us another visit to put some motivation in this team? It worked last time

Or..maybe it's time certain players pulled their skirts up.

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Maybe it's time for Strahan to pay us another visit to put some motivation in this team? It worked last time

Heck, I would offer him a contract for the next 2 games. The guy keeps himself in good shape. He could probably put more presser on the QB than Tuck at this point.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Or..maybe it's time certain players pulled their skirts up.Let's see...if it doesn't happen this Sunday, it's all over

dezzzR
12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Doesnt it suck when one of your favorite players sounds like a huge *****?
Make or break game this weekend and hes whining like a little girl.

Rudyy
12-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Honestly Tuck, just do yourself a favor and retire. That way you don't have to be mentally and physical drained every single week. You are hurting the team, and yourself.

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Message to PF: If tuck doesn't get into the backfield in the first 10 minutes of the game, put Ojomo in...

They have to dress him first . Tracy has been the only other DE available during games and he would be fine with me.

BuffyBlueII
12-21-2012, 12:44 PM
There always seems to be an excuse and there always seems to be some issue going on particularly from Tuck.I stated last year that Justin Tuck needed a therapist to with his self doubts. I then stated that it took a lot of courage and that I was proud of him for overxoming those fears and doubts and becoming our Defensive CaptainI thought he overcame those problems and was ready to continue to lead our team and then this year happens and he is more depressed than ever and is strongly infectinf the teams mindset on defense. I wonder somettimes what these guys are thinking. We have enough to deal with in regard to our garbage OC, DC and people lost to injury that we strongly need our leaders and veterans to step up and lead by example.

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I have to wonder if Tuck hasn't reverted to the mental state he was in last season when he hurt his neck? At that time, I defended his concern for becoming paralyzed and voiced the opinion that he needed to retire if that fear was going to give way to sub-par performance. Towards the end of the season, he publicly stated he had to get that out of his head and the old Tuck returned and helped us get to and win the Super B owl.

If his neck is that much of a concern to him, and I can well understand why it would be, then he truly needs to step aside and let the next man up take his place.

SweetZombieJesus
12-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Imagine how drained the 31 teams who aren't defending champs are.

If winning championships is so draining, then stop doing it.

Maybe that's the plan.

Giantz4Life
12-21-2012, 12:49 PM

It's pretty sad...we must be the only NFL team who requires multiple visits in a season from outside the locker room to inspire and/or motivate our players.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm not gonna bash on Tuck quiet yet as much as I want to just because last year he was just like this around this time. And this is when he (and the rest of the team) turned it around big time.

If he wakes up again this Sunday, delivers an intense emotional pregame speech, and actually leads this team by performance, we might just have Tuck back for another run. I'm crossing my fingers.

dbreiden83080
12-21-2012, 12:51 PM
If you’re personal problems are getting in the way of your job it's time to find a new profession...

BuffyBlueII
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
You know what? I know this may sound a little homerish but I have faith that Justin Tuck turns it all around.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
You know what? I know this may sound a little homerish but I have faith that Justin Tuck turns it all around.Tis' the season :)

Love him or hate him, he was ALL IN during our final run last year, I believe he can do it again. It needs to happen this Sunday.

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM
You know what? I know this may sound a little homerish but I have faith that Justin Tuck turns it all around.

Let's hope you're right

SweetZombieJesus
12-21-2012, 01:07 PM
We HALF IN, we HALF in, we HALF In...

http://lyricsmusic.name/img/photos/a2737travie-mccoy.jpg

I can see the off-season from the sidelines

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 01:10 PM
http://s12.postimage.org/3s44kwxq5/tuck.jpg

....so much for my optimism...sigh

SweetZombieJesus
12-21-2012, 01:15 PM
http://blog.triplejack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Fold.jpg

dezzzR
12-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Justin Tuck is the only player not practicing today. His shoulder is heavily wrapped. Doubt he plays on Sunday.

JB456
12-21-2012, 01:17 PM
http://blog.triplejack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Fold.jpg

Hahahahahaha. Thats awsome.

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Justin Tuck is the only player not practicing today. His shoulder is heavily wrapped. Doubt he plays on Sunday.

I don't like to see any player injured, but maybe they will suit up both Tracy and Ojomo on Sunday

GameTime
12-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Tuck has hit more walls than Wile E. Coyote
thast pretty freakin funny.....lol

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't like to see any player injured, but maybe they will suit up both Tracy and Ojomo on Sunday

+1.....

I actually see this as a positive. This a chance for Tracey to step up. I think Kiwi at DE with Tracey backing him up. If he plays well this might be the "motivation" that Tuck needs.

Red Dog
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Aw gee, poor dears, mentally drained from figuring out how to spend their millions. I feel for them. Aw gee, and with Christmas just around the corner, I feel physicaqlly and mentally drained trying to figureout how to come with money to spend. Guys. let's all send them sympathy cards and tell them to change their names from NY Giants to NY's Small People

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 01:49 PM
+1.....

I actually see this as a positive. This a chance for Tracey to step up. I think Kiwi at DE with Tracey backing him up. If he plays well this might be the "motivation" that Tuck needs.Too bad Tracy just rolled his ankle in practice a few minutes ago....I really hope he's fine

dezzzR
12-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Tom Coughlin says it "may take an offseason" to hash out pass rush issues.

Cloud57
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Tuck is the captain, he's mentally drained and it rubs off on other players.

brad
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Aw gee, poor dears, mentally drained from figuring out how to spend their millions. I feel for them. Aw gee, and with Christmas just around the corner, I feel physicaqlly and mentally drained trying to figureout how to come with money to spend. Guys. let's all send them sympathy cards and tell them to change their names from NY Giants to NY's Small People

While I agree with your basic sentiment, I fail to see how their salary has anything to do with it. Successful people that make a lot of money have feelings too, seems you have a vision of rich people looking down on the masses with no feelings when the devastation of a hurricane tears through their town or a mass murderer kills 20 kids. Having money doesn't make you immune to those things... that being said, we all deal with that and are able to do our jobs every day. It is an excuse, not a reason for poor play.... however, money has nothing to do with it.

Cloud57
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Tom Coughlin says it "may take an offseason" to hash out pass rush issues.the first step would be getting rid of Tuck

rtahsin
12-21-2012, 02:15 PM
And to think people actually thought he was going to get into the Hall of Fame.

dezzzR
12-21-2012, 02:29 PM
the first step would be getting rid of TuckI dont think so. Take the captain patch off his chest but I think hes still here next season.

mikeq6722
12-21-2012, 02:42 PM
You know who is probably mentally drained? The single parent working 3 jobs to barely make ends meet for their children. Man the f*ck up and earn your 7 figure salary. Every year Coughlin has to bring in all these guys to motivate the team so they realize they are just being babies and to start playing again, its getting old.

BigBlue1971
12-21-2012, 02:43 PM

Tucks job is to motivate his guys when these thoughts creep into their minds! this team has proven they feed off each weather positive or negative!

i just hope those comments dont carry over to others on the team!

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Tucks job is to motivate his guys when these thoughts creep into their minds! this team has proven they feed off each weather positive or negative!

i just hope those comments dont carry over to others on the team!I hope they listen more to Bradshaw, who is always positive

Giggles2013
12-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Tuck doesn't want to play football anymore but I bet he wants the paycheck.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Tuck doesn't want to play football anymore but I bet he wants the paycheck.I'll tell you what else he wants, a 12 inch assorted from Subways....Eat Fresh!!!

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2012, 02:59 PM
It's gotten to the point that every time Tuck opens his mouth, he says something that irritates me . . . . .

ny06
12-21-2012, 03:02 PM
It's gotten to the point that every time Tuck opens his mouth, he says something that irritates me . . . . .
His play irritates me. Other then the 49ers and Steelers game Tuck has been a no show. I'm a huge Justin Tuck fan and I won't tear him down like many other fans have. But it has gotten to the point where is this guy going to be a leader on and off the field? Or just another guy collecting a check?

ashleymarie
12-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Honestly Tuck, just do yourself a favor and retire. That way you don't have to be mentally and physical drained every single week. You are hurting the team, and yourself.

Yep. If anyone on this team has a right to complain it's Bradshaw. The guy is physically hurting every time he walks on his feet, yet he is raring to go, anything he can do to help, run, block, catch. He wants the ball. He talks of nothing else. Compared to Tuck Bradshaw is a hero.

Rudyy
12-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Yep. If anyone on this team has a right to complain it's Bradshaw. The guy is physically hurting every time he walks on his feet, yet he is raring to go, anything he can do to help, run, block, catch. He wants the ball. He talks of nothing else. Compared to Tuck Bradshaw is a hero.+1. I admit that I was very hard on Bradshaw this year because I felt like he was bringing the team down when he was playing injured. If anything, he was trying to spark some life into this team. Whereas Tuck gives up. Great point.

Spytheweb
12-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Has Tuck been playing this year? I have not heard his name too many times.

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Sounds like the icing on the cake. Unless maybe someone else gets this defense going. Let Tracey and Ojomo play. Yeah, maybe they won't be good, but at least hey will give it their all. Then, have Rolle and Blackburn get this team fired up. Those are the leaders of this defense.

brad
12-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Sounds like the icing on the cake. Unless maybe someone else gets this defense going. Let Tracey and Ojomo play. Yeah, maybe they won't be good, but at least hey will give it their all. Then, have Rolle and Blackburn get this team fired up. Those are the leaders of this defense.

As long as there is a shot at the playoffs, I say let the starters start, but the minute that possibility is gone, let guys like Ojomo play so we can find out what we really have in them.

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 03:57 PM
So start Ojomo in he second half.

B-Red22
12-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Tuck needs to gtfoh with that kind of attitude, i don't want to hear that crap, what ever happened to no excuses? Just suck it up and play panzie

Red Dog
12-21-2012, 05:05 PM
"While I agree with your basic sentiment, I fail to see how their salary has anything to do with it. Successful people that make a lot of money have feelings too, seems you have a vision of rich people looking down on the masses with no feelings when the devastation of a hurricane tears through their town or a mass murderer kills 20 kids. Having money doesn't make you immune to those things... that being said, we all deal with that and are able to do our jobs every day. It is an excuse, not a reason for poor play.... however, money has nothing to do with it. "

You have made chapter 7 Vol 6 of my Stupid People For 2012 book and if i was making their money now, everytime i felt drained llike when i worked 16-20 hour days building my business, I would just look up into tjhe stands at all the people paying me huge bucks and be rejuvenated- how you equate my post with my feelings about rich people is beyond me as I am not poor nor am I football player wealthy, but I am extremely comfortable and live in a high hurricane area called Charleston SC where we had Hugo and that storm made sandy look like a thunderstorm andmany other hurricanes

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Yep. If anyone on this team has a right to complain it's Bradshaw. The guy is physically hurting every time he walks on his feet, yet he is raring to go, anything he can do to help, run, block, catch. He wants the ball. He talks of nothing else. Compared to Tuck Bradshaw is a hero.

Yep!.....

Can't argue with that. Bradshaw has play hurt for most of his career but there is not one person who can question his heart. I've criticized him for not running through the holes and gaps fast enough-and that's still true in some games-but the dude is a gladiator in his heart of hearts. You'll never see him crying about being mentally drained.

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 05:23 PM

You're just not listening. Lately you hear his name immediately following ****ing

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 05:24 PM
So start Ojomo in he second half.

It would likey be Tracy, but I would love to see Ojomo get a shot

Harooni
12-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Tuck has hit more walls than Mario Andretti . SMH

GFiP
12-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I can't wait until this overrated scrub and Osi are gone...

nycisgreat
12-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Tuck should ride the pine if he isn't physically or mentally able. We need players with high energy on the field.

+1. I am getting tired of Tuck's month. He always have some excuse for not performing.

giantsfan420
12-21-2012, 05:48 PM
You're just not listening. Lately you hear his name immediately following ****inglol

nycisgreat
12-21-2012, 05:48 PM

I am surprised you said that. This season he is better at complementing opposing QBs instead of sacking them. He is starting to talk way to much.

domsgiants
12-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Its a little hard to play a game and thats all it is a game. when all this b.s. is going on around you. From the hurricane to Sandy Hook thats a lot to take in in a very short time. Im sure not one of you on here wanted to go play any sport after you were affected by what some people have Been through. Just like the thread I made that are lovley mods thought it would be funny to move to the entertainment part of this sight. Thanks mods it was all very entertaining when 20 kids got killed

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Its a little hard to play a game and thats all it is a game. when all this b.s. is going on around you. From the hurricane to Sandy Hook thats a lot to take in in a very short time. Im sure not one of you on here wanted to go play any sport after you were affected by what some people have Been through. Just like the thread I made that are lovley mods thought it would be funny to move to the entertainment part of this sight. Thanks mods it was all very entertaining when 20 kids got killed

Those events we're tragic and affected all of us . . . . but to blame losses on those events is utterly lame.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Those events we're tragic and affected all of us . . . . but to blame losses on those events is utterly lame....seriously

byron
12-21-2012, 08:41 PM
if he is mentality drained /tired let him ride the pine... fcs...soft

domsgiants
12-21-2012, 08:53 PM
No its really not lame. If your heart is not in to football or whatever game you are playing your not going to do well. Just like if a family memeber dies the last thing on your mind is work. I can tell you when them kids got killed I stoped working. To say that what has been going on around them players shouldn't and didn't affect them is just wrong. For you to say that its lame for them to be mentally drained and wrong. I think its lame of all of you that think that it didn't affect them. You can only deal with so much. Am I saying that if all this didn't happen we wouldnt of lost this game no im not saying that at all. What I am saying is that if this didn't just happen and wasnt fresh in their mind that their is no way in hell that we get completely blown out the way we did in that game. I just dont see it

jomo
12-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Tuck should ride the pine if he isn't physically or mentally able. We need players with high energy on the field.We don't pay guys to pontificate. All we pay them for is production. JT (love the guy) needs to shut up and get ready. If he's not ready, he needs to be honest (in private) with his coaches about his lack of mental edge and readiness to enter battle on Sunday. Having guys talk about stuff like this is a distraction that eats away at team unity and IMO as damaging as a diva WR shooting hiself before a game. We need guys that are all in. JT clearly is not at this moment.

joemorrisforprez
12-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Tuck has been "mentally drained" for two seasons now. I'm sick of hearing about it.

This.

Sorry, but he's getting paid too much to be drained. Drain all you want in the offseason, man.

gmen46
12-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Interesting what one blowout--by the likely #1 Seed of 2012 in their home dome where that team has averaged less than 1 loss a season--will do some fans' brains. The whining I see is on this board the past week, not in the Giants locker room.

Tuck clearly was "chuckling" at some of the media hyperbole regarding the Giants the past few weeks. He, and many on the team, have been at this point at this time of year, and have been subjected to the same old media and fan hysteria at this time of year, that it's just possible he was responding with wry humor and recognition of these situations.

I don't see him--or any player or coach--"whining" about where they are right now. That's in some fans' own heads. It's called "projecting" one's own emotions about the status of the team on the team itself.

domsgiants
12-21-2012, 09:30 PM
I will not defend tuck at all. He has been going down hill sence are are super bowl in 07

gmen46
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
No its really not lame. If your heart is not in to football or whatever game you are playing your not going to do well. Just like if a family memeber dies the last thing on your mind is work. I can tell you when them kids got killed I stoped working. To say that what has been going on around them players shouldn't and didn't affect them is just wrong. For you to say that its lame for them to be mentally drained and wrong. I think its lame of all of you that think that it didn't affect them. You can only deal with so much. Am I saying that if all this didn't happen we wouldnt of lost this game no im not saying that at all. What I am saying is that if this didn't just happen and wasnt fresh in their mind that their is no way in hell that we get completely blown out the way we did in that game. I just dont see it

I essentially agree with you on this.

Different people react and respond to catastrophic events --and both events referred to were, and are, most catastrophic--in their lives differently. Who are any of us to judge how some players "should" deal with these events in their lives? Football is a game. A game I am passionate about, true, and a game these players earn hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars playing, also true. But a game, nonetheless. Storm "Sandy" and Newtown cost lives of all too many, and have forever affected lives of countless others. Why would anyone deny or minimize the impact of these events on anyone else?

gmen46
12-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I will not defend tuck at all. He has been going down hill sence are are super bowl in 07

Cannot agree with you on this one, doms. You went to the well (of silliness) once too often here.

domsgiants
12-21-2012, 10:04 PM
You may not feel the same on that one but I do feel that he has been on a decline. Also thank you for backing me on the events that we have had to deal with

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2012, 10:04 PM

Why were the Giants more affected by the Connecticut shooting than the Falcons?

stormblue
12-21-2012, 10:10 PM
everyone in the country was affected by the children.
people act like it is something affecting only the Giants.....bullspit.

i think the Jets and Pats went through Sandy and Sandy Hook...they aren't blaming their losses on it.
only self centered excuse making homers could associate poor play on the field with this tragedy....

lame....despicable ...embarrassing excuse.
not to mention a flat out crock of ****.

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2012, 10:11 PM

i think the Jets and Pats went through Sandy and Sandy Hook...they aren't blaming their losses on it.
only self centered excuse making homers could associate poor play on the field with this tragedy....

We are agreeing way too much lately . . . . .

stormblue
12-21-2012, 10:17 PM
We are agreeing way too much lately . . . . .

armageddon must truly be upon us !!...ha-ha

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-21-2012, 10:18 PM
I think a subway $5 footlong might be more bang for the buck than mr. tuck has been this year,,,this guy is basically saying I have no heart.

domsgiants
12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Why were the Giants more affected by the Connecticut shooting than the Falcons?

Maybe its becuse its a little bit closer to home. Maybe its cuz of the pinto kid that loved V.C. maybe cuze their coach is very involved with kids. The reason he dose the J fund. As you know he brings in a lot of people to talk to his team. Some of them people are kids. Maybe its everything together.

gmen46
12-21-2012, 10:33 PM

Who, exactly, in the Giants organization is using these events as excuses for the games they have lost?

Flip Empty
12-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Just like if a family memeber dies the last thing on your mind is work. I can tell you when them kids got killed I stoped working. To say that what has been going on around them players shouldn't and didn't affect them is just wrong. For you to say that its lame for them to be mentally drained and wrong. I think its lame of all of you that think that it didn't affect them. You can only deal with so much.
Err... isn't there a history of players performing well in the wake of a family member's death? Both Victor Cruz and Torrey Smith had the biggest games of their seasons after losing a family member.

stormblue
12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Who, exactly, in the Giants organization is using these events as excuses for the games they have lost?

"only self centered excuse making homers could associate poor play on the field with this tragedy...."

i don't think i mentioned any players or coaches......ahem...

domsgiants
12-21-2012, 11:00 PM
"only self centered excuse making homers could associate poor play on the field with this tragedy...."

i don't think i mentioned any players or coaches......ahem...

And only lame a holes that dont care about anyting but them self can say it didn't affect them at all. This is y I have been with this bored sence probably around 02 and have never said boo to one of you. 90 % of you are clowns.

stormblue
12-21-2012, 11:28 PM
you need to stop reading what you want ; and read what i wrote.
so who are you to claim that i am not affected by it....3 children and 8 grandchildren , 5 of which are in school.

the bash was on people like you who think the football team's performance was tragedy related
and making excuses for them .

the tragedy doesn't stop me from doing my job.
everybody in the country still had to get up and go back to work the next day.
did it really stop you from doing your job. ?

from your lack of spelling prowess ....i'm guessing that not much would affect your job performance anyway.

so go back to your "bored sence" whenever , and leave me alone.

domsgiants
12-22-2012, 01:19 AM
For the day yes it did. Also when fall in a hole ( down 17 to 0 in the first ) it dont help that you already have them kids on your mind. Its like quick sand.

I also have 2 young kids and I know when I went to work every day we have all talked about it for the hole week. So yes it wil lk affect your job and I work at a job that we all work off production amd if we pull under a 95 we can lose are job. Most of the shift has been under that.

As for the spelling im on a phone that the keyboard sucks on amd the auto correct will fill it in with whatever. So I really dont care.

And you can go f your self

jomo
12-22-2012, 07:47 AM
This.

Sorry, but he's getting paid too much to be drained. Drain all you want in the offseason, man.+1

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 09:32 AM
so who are you to claim that i am not affected by it....3 children and 8 grandchildren , 5 of which are in school.

the bash was on people like you who think the football team's performance was tragedy related

from your lack of spelling prowess ....i'm guessing that not much would affect your job performance anyway.

so go back to your "bored sence" whenever , and leave me alone.cliff notes version: dom feels the ct shooting effected some of the players, which is a diff opinion than stormblue holds.bso of course storms gonna mock and put down dom, dom thinks differently than him...smh. only thing i find dispicable is when people go around slamming others bc of difference of opinion...lay off dom man. If he wants to think that who r u to say otherwise. Just fyi tc and some players said it wouold be naive to think sandy didnt have an effect on them sooo...

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 09:33 AM

so go back to your "bored sence" whenever , and leave me alone.cliff notes version: dom feels the ct shooting effected some of the players, which is a diff opinion than stormblue holds.bso of course storms gonna mock and put down dom, dom thinks differently than him...smh. only thing i find dispicable is when people go around slamming others bc of difference of opinion...lay off dom man. If he wants to think that who r u to say otherwise. Just fyi tc and some players said it wouold be naive to think sandy didnt have an effect on them sooo...lol and then, after uve disrespected him, u tell him to leave u alone like hes the one harassing ur opinion or something lmfao classic

jomo
12-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I am mentally drained from listening to Tuck talk about being mentally drained!

Translation, at this point it is more important for him to think about non football issues than game preparation. He has lost his focus and that makes him a marginal player for the moment.

Coaches need to play the guys who are locked in and ready to do what they are paid to do.........produce on the field. Tuck clearly isn't ready to do that. Deactivate him and bring the guys who want to win more than anythin..

stormblue
12-22-2012, 10:33 AM
cliff notes version: dom feels the ct shooting effected some of the players, which is a diff opinion than stormblue holds.bso of course storms gonna mock and put down dom, dom thinks differently than him...smh. only thing i find dispicable is when people go around slamming others bc of difference of opinion...lay off dom man. If he wants to think that who r u to say otherwise. Just fyi tc and some players said it wouold be naive to think sandy didnt have an effect on them sooo...lol and then, after uve disrespected him, u tell him to leave u alone like hes the one harassing ur opinion or something lmfao classic

he did specifically attack me : he straight up called me an A-hole .

my original post was in response to quite a few people that were trying to excuse the Giants play of late with a totally unrelated tragedy....
not specifically at him. he decided to make it personal because he disagrees....which is fine , but don't accuse me of starting anything with him.

i didn't single/call him out until he responded directly at me.

your previous encounters with me have tainted your judgement.
contrary to your beliefs....i'm not always wrong.....almost , but not always.

stormblue
12-22-2012, 11:00 AM
For the day yes it did. Also when fall in a hole ( down 17 to 0 in the first ) it dont help that you already have them kids on your mind. Its like quick sand.

I also have 2 young kids and I know when I went to work every day we have all talked about it for the hole week. So yes it wil lk affect your job and I work at a job that we all work off production amd if we pull under a 95 we can lose are job. Most of the shift has been under that.

As for the spelling im on a phone that the keyboard sucks on amd the auto correct will fill it in with whatever. So I really dont care.

And you can go f your self

listen , you asked for that Dom....you jumped on me in a personal manner when i never said anything to or about you ,
and don't recall ever having a conversation with you.....you didn't need to call me an A-hole... just because you disagree.....
i have a right to my opinion.....just as much as you do.

anyway....if you really think when the ball is snapped...these guys are thinking about human tragedies instead of rushing the QB....
well good for them..and good for you....and i hope you and your family and friends at work get better with this tragedy as time goes on.

i will ignore the "go flick myself" comment because you are obviously way more upset than i realized.

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 11:02 AM
he did specifically attack me : he straight up called me an A-hole .

my original post was in response to quite a few people that were trying to excuse the Giants play of late with a totally unrelated tragedy....
not specifically at him. he decided to make it personal because he disagrees....which is fine , but don't accuse me of starting anything with him.

i didn't single/call him out until he responded directly at me.

your previous encounters with me have tainted your judgement.
contrary to your beliefs....i'm not always wrong.....almost , but not always.my bad and apologies if he was the one who actually was instigating, i jumped in late and prob shoulda kept my big mouth shut. Sorry again, and i dont work like that off past encounters. If someone start putting u down solely for ur opinion i woulda stuck up for u just the same (unless ur opinion was different than mine bc im always right :) )

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 11:07 AM
listen , you asked for that Dom....you jumped on me in a personal manner when i never said anything to or about you ,
and don't recall ever having a conversation with you.....you didn't need to call me an A-hole... just because you disagree.....

anyway....if you really think when the ball is snapped...these guys are thinking about human tragedies instead of rushing the QB....
well good for them..and good for you....and i hope you and your family and friends at work get better with this tragedy as time goes on.

i will ignore the "go flick myself" comment because you are obviously way more upset than i realized.just for debate, but u said when the balls snapped u doubt there minds are on something other than football. While that may be true, it isnt pertinent. If the players had heavy hearts and had trouble concentrating during the practice week (which imo is plausible) then their quality of play is going to suffer on gameday.

I will say this, it seems like this team cant run out of excuses for why they are so dang inconsistent and why some games they just dont show up

stormblue
12-22-2012, 11:13 AM
my bad and apologies if he was the one who actually was instigating, i jumped in late and prob shoulda kept my big mouth shut. Sorry again, and i dont work like that off past encounters. If someone start putting u down solely for ur opinion i woulda stuck up for u just the same (unless ur opinion was different than mine bc im always right :) )

i just posted him back , basically told him i was sorry for swingin' back......
i am so used to dealing with thick - skinned power hitters like yourself ..
that i sometimes forget that there are those around here who really do take things to heart.

:cool:

stormblue
12-22-2012, 11:19 AM
just for debate, but u said when the balls snapped u doubt there minds are on something other than football. While that may be true, it isnt pertinent. If the players had heavy hearts and had trouble concentrating during the practice week (which imo is plausible) then their quality of play is going to suffer on gameday.

I will say this, it seems like this team cant run out of excuses for why they are so dang inconsistent and why some games they just dont show up

TC said the practices went great.....but , you're right , nobody is a mind reader.....no telling what their real mood or attitude is.

Tmurda1984
12-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Lol I had a feeling this was more a mental thing than anything. We can blame coaches and coordinatoor all you want, but u you will never win with guys who are physically and mentally soft and do not want to be on the football field. Its time for Reese to find FOOTBALL PLAYERS...not combine and workout warriors. The need hungry guys that is going to bring back Physical and Violent Football like our Father's Giants. Reese Get it Done!

Flip Empty
12-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Lol I had a feeling this was more a mental thing than anything. We can blame coaches and coordinatoor all you want, but u you will never win with guys who are physically and mentally soft and do not want to be on the football field. Its time for Reese to find FOOTBALL PLAYERS...not combine and workout warriors. The need hungry guys that is going to bring back Physical and Violent Football like our Father's Giants. Reese Get it Done!
Coaches are also responsible for motivating players and keeping the team mentality in check. Clearly they aren't doing that.

domsgiants
12-22-2012, 12:12 PM

i will ignore the "go flick myself" comment because you are obviously way more upset than i realized.

You called everyone a homer or whatever. I was one of them people you were talking about im the one that original said that this affected them. If you were not talking about me at all I also then I am sorry for coming at you like that. Just because some one thinks this is how they feel abkut the giants and they think this is the reason they played bad their is no reason to call people names

domsgiants
12-22-2012, 12:17 PM
TC said the practices went great.....but , you're right , nobody is a mind reader.....no telling what their real mood or attitude is.

The practices probably did go really good. But the shootings happend on that Friday. They already had most of their practices in.

Im not saying that they would of won that game at all. But im telling you they would not have got blown out like they did. I just dont see it.

stormblue
12-22-2012, 12:25 PM
calling everybody in the thread a homer is not generally considered a personal attack on these boards....
but i have already wished you well and pretty much apologised....when i wasn't even wrong...there's not much else i can do.

domsgiants
12-22-2012, 12:47 PM
calling everybody in the thread a homer is not generally considered a personal attack on these boards....
but i have already wished you well and pretty much apologised....when i wasn't even wrong...there's not much else i can do.

Im also apologising. I just dont like when people start calling eachother names and things like that just for saying that they think this is y this team is doing whatever. So I am sorry

bansaw
12-22-2012, 01:04 PM
lol Tuck pulled this same crap last year lol

always on sideline sucking wind when you need him most and whining about his mental state when he's off the field

oh well, we gotta dance with who brought us, even if they want to leave early

NorwoodBlue
12-22-2012, 01:44 PM
These guys have had a very tough year off the field too. They really haven't been the same since the weekend Sandy was bearing down on the area. Many of them had their homes flooded, and personal lives and families disrupted. That, and the fact that they drew the hardest schedule in the league, doesn't make it easy for them to focus, I'm sure. Their backs are against the wall, and they know they're on the verge of being eliminated. In the past that has motiviated them. Granted ever year is different; but I'm hoping they can pull things together for a run. They have shown the talent, now they need to get a laser focus on the big prize.

domsgiants
12-22-2012, 01:58 PM
These guys have had a very tough year off the field too. They really haven't been the same since the weekend Sandy was bearing down on the area. Many of them had their homes flooded, and personal lives and families disrupted. That, and the fact that they drew the hardest schedule in the league, doesn't make it easy for them to focus, I'm sure. Their backs are against the wall, and they know they're on the verge of being eliminated. In the past that has motiviated them. Granted ever year is different; but I'm hoping they can pull things together for a run. They have shown the talent, now they need to get a laser focus on the big prize.

I agree with you 100% its been a very tough year for this team mentally. I do think they come back the next 2 weeks but who knows

appodictic
12-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Guys like Bradshaw and Rolle should be promoted to Captain. I do not dislike tuck but anyone who says they are "mentally wore down" should have their C logo stripped away. Listen, the eagles game SHOULD be easy even though we will make it hard. That being said this Raven's game is critical!!!! if tuck can't get spirited for a game like then he should retire.

I am sorry but the way he interviews I get the vibe that this guy would need to overdose on viagra to sleep with a super model.

Ojomo was tearing up pre-season 4 sacks. I would rather see someone out there who wants it. You could probably line up jacobs or barden at end and at least get one impact play a game. Because if tuck already checked out then we should at least be getting his replacement some reps.

appodictic
12-22-2012, 10:59 PM
By the way this year tuck has 5 sacks and 24 tackles, and IIRC only 2 of his sacks were not coverage sacks. Meaning he probably has only made about 14 plays all year. Osi moves around like the ghosts in packman. Its hard to say exactly what angle he tries to take on any play.

jomo
12-23-2012, 12:46 AM
By the way this year tuck has 5 sacks and 24 tackles, and IIRC only 2 of his sacks were not coverage sacks. Meaning he probably has only made about 14 plays all year. Osi moves around like the ghosts in packman. Its hard to say exactly what angle he tries to take on any play.After the season, I'll give you the positive take on that.

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Tuck, what the fu%&

Lead, follow or get out of the way dude.

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-23-2012, 01:17 AM
I tend to agree that the team looks mentally drained. At some point being in tight pressured packed games every week in the worlds biggest media market has to get to you. And a lot of that is on the players and coaching staff as they are the best in the world at never making things easy.

BS!!!!!!!!!!!

There are blue collar guys all across this board that will happily take the "pressured packed games in the big market" over a-hole bosses, dangerous work conditions & terrible pay for the game check that anyone on that roster makes. Let these p%ssies flip burgers for a month making $7.25 an hour and watch how fast they get a spring back in their step...

tcseacliff
12-23-2012, 01:33 AM
My thoughts are, would be nice to see Tucks jersey at the whistle after the plays, then he can talk drained ! if anyone is drained , it is the fanbase that pays salaries and buys tickets! come on man!