PDA

View Full Version : History repeating itself for New York Giants

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Nfl.com video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap2000000112984/History-repeating-itself-for-Giants

GameTime
12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
not this year IMO

Rusty192
12-21-2012, 12:12 PM
not this year IMOThat's what everyone said last year.

GameTime
12-21-2012, 12:13 PM
That's what everyone said last year.

yep....and I am saying this year too..

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 12:14 PM
not this year IMO

Thats what Breer was going on about... in 2011 we were in this position and won it all, but in 2010 we were in this position and crapped out...

GameTime
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Thats what Breer was going on about... in 2011 we were in this position and won it all, but in 2010 we were in this position and crapped out...
yep...they have been in this same position more or less several times and won 2 SBs but also cashed it more times....

stormblue
12-21-2012, 12:17 PM
well....you have to be in the tournament , to be eligible to win the tournament.

Rusty192
12-21-2012, 12:23 PM
yep....and I am saying this year too..Here's to the Giants proving the fans wrong once again.

OrangeGiant
12-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I think we all want to think that we can duplicate what happened last year, but the circumstances are very very different. The team is different, the players are different, and maybe the motivation is different. Last year the Giants at this point had gotten the healthiest as a team they had been the whole season. This year, it's just the opposite. You can say next man up all you want, but if the next man up just isn't as good as the first man, it is going to affect the team. Both the 1st and 2nd string RB's hurt. KP and Prince hurt in a secondary that has been suspect all year to begin with. Nicks playing on one leg all season, which affects not only him but how Cruz is covered. Now the offensive line injuries. I'm not trying to be negative, god knows any negative comments on these boards lines you up for a bashing, I am just stating the facts. These are hard things to overcome and we have all been conditioned to think that the next guy will step in and do the job but that isn't always the case. If the depth isn't quality depth, which is some positins on this team it is not, it is going to affect the teams performance.

I am by no means saying they are done, and I will be watching and screaming and scaring everyone out of my house like I do every Sunday, but I just don't have a good feeling about things this year. I truly hope I am wrong and I'l be happy to admit it if I am.

Rusty192
12-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I think we all want to think that we can duplicate what happened last year, but the circumstances are very very different. The team is different, the players are different, and maybe the motivation is different. Last year the Giants at this point had gotten the healthiest as a team they had been the whole season. This year, it's just the opposite. You can say next man up all you want, but if the next man up just isn't as good as the first man, it is going to affect the team. Both the 1st and 2nd string RB's hurt. KP and Prince hurt in a secondary that has been suspect all year to begin with. Nicks playing on one leg all season, which affects not only him but how Cruz is covered. Now the offensive line injuries. I'm not trying to be negative, god knows any negative comments on these boards lines you up for a bashing, I am just stating the facts. These are hard things to overcome and we have all been conditioned to think that the next guy will step in and do the job but that isn't always the case. If the depth isn't quality depth, which is some positins on this team it is not, it is going to affect the teams performance.

I am by no means saying they are done, and I will be watching and screaming and scaring everyone out of my house like I do every Sunday, but I just don't have a good feeling about things this year. I truly hope I am wrong and I'l be happy to admit it if I am.I think it is a matter of changing things up with the team especially on offense. It worked last year. I think it will be the real difference this year. This team imo has not shown its true potential. This means getting the young guys involved. We don't win SB 42 without the difference making play of our rookies. If we're gonna go, we have to go all in!

Kruunch
12-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Basically it boils down to whether this shakes out like 2011 or 2010.

Rudyy
12-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I have an idea on how to motivate the team: Have them watch clips of the 2007 and 2011 SB run..then have them watch 2010 and ask "How do you want this to end? It's up to you".

ImElectric2
12-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Last year had a different air to it. Just doesn't feel like our year. Granted, 2007 didn't until Tampa in the first round either, but at least we were hungry that year with something to prove. This team has a sense of feeling like they've arrived or achieved. Resting on their laurels I believe is the expression. Long, exciting off-season likely awaits, but that's not to say I've given up. You never give up til you're mathematically.out or lose a playoff game. The tide can turn on a single play. Go gmen.

GameTime
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Here's to the Giants proving the fans wrong once again.
man I hope so....

timmytimm3
12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Because of the injuries to the offensive line I think we need to get more speed on the field. Short passes to Cruz, Jernigan, and Wilson. Stop trying to bomb it down the field because the line can't hold up long enough for the plays to develop.

ImElectric2
12-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Because of the injuries to the offensive line I think we need to get more speed on the field. Short passes to Cruz, Jernigan, and Wilson. Stop trying to bomb it down the field because the line can't hold up long enough for the plays to develop.Really great point actually. If only Gilbride wasn't the best in the game. He already realized how dumb that was while combing his mustache at halftime of the Falcons game.

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
As great as its worked out for them twice in the last five years, falling apart in the second half has gone against them more than it has worked. His is not last years team. Last year Eli was clutch. Last year the defense got healthy at the end. This is more like 2010.

Rusty192
12-21-2012, 04:06 PM
As great as its worked out for them twice in the last five years, falling apart in the second half has gone against them more than it has worked. His is not last years team. Last year Eli was clutch. Last year the defense got healthy at the end. This is more like 2010.Eli has always been clutch. The coaches have to give Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Wilson, and Bennett better opportunities to succeed. I'm hoping they do, or its over.

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 04:14 PM
The offense is a disaster this year.

GameTime
12-21-2012, 04:18 PM
The offense is a disaster this year.

yep.....too many players baffled by their own performnce. Thats means they have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.

Oh well. I will root my team on as always and hope for the best....

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 04:22 PM
yep.....too many players baffled by their own performnce. Thats means they have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it. Oh well. I will root my team on as always and hope for the best....That's all there is to do at this point

G-MANning4Life
12-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Here's to the Giants proving the fans wrong once again.
I second that notion!