PDA

View Full Version : Bad Apples

NYPolska
12-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I just hope a few players without motivation don't ruin it for the teams morale. A good Captain would keep the team fired up not matter what he felt like. A motivated team could have put points on the board last week. We can talk about game plan all we want , but it comes down to showing up to play with all your heart. 0 points , they could all switched positions and scored 0.....

PBTimmons
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
They say winning fixes everything, but Tuck really sounds like a quitter. Bad choice for team captain for sure.

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
They say winning fixes everything, but Tuck really sounds like a quitter. Bad choice for team captain for sure.

I'd rather Rolle wear that insignia to be honest

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-21-2012, 05:30 PM
I'd rather Rolle wear that insignia to be honestI second that! But TC never demotes anyone from anything. Never figured that out. I wish he would take some of Coach Harbaughs gumption and bench players when they obviously are hurting the team. I mean look at how long David Wilson was in the doghouse over 1 fumble!!!

ashleymarie
12-21-2012, 05:33 PM
I suspect Wilson would not have been in the doghouse long if Bradshaw/Andre Brown had gone down early.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I suspect Wilson would not have been in the doghouse long if Bradshaw/Andre Brown had gone down early.That is not the point I was trying to make. But thanks for your input.

G-MANning4Life
12-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Well once upon a time Tuck was a good captain for our Defense. He was highly motivated. Although he may not be quite the outspoken type to verbally motivate the team like Michael Strahan or Brandon Jacobs used to, he led by example.

At this point, I would agree that someone like Rolle would make for a better motivator that should don the "C" on his chest. However, we all know as long as Tuck is on the team, he will be captain.

danielboone
12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
A motivated team could have put points on the board last week.

I get your point. It was a terrible defeat but people have made a bit too much about the fact they did not score any points. They could have had 12 points (and they did enough on offense for that) if Tynes had not missed a field goal and if they had not ignored the field goal option on fourth down in order to try to score a touchdown. At halftime they had more or less the same amount of yards as the Falcons (maybe a bit more). The turnovers killed us and the aggressive attempts by Coughlin to get back into the game bigtime and, of course, they did not do much in the second half but I don't give the zero any special meaning.

JesseJames
12-21-2012, 06:31 PM
this team needs an inspirational talk from Keith Hamilton, if any body can get these whiners to play it would be Keith.....

RoanokeFan
12-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I second that! But TC never demotes anyone from anything. Never figured that out. I wish he would take some of Coach Harbaughs gumption and bench players when they obviously are hurting the team. I mean look at how long David Wilson was in the doghouse over 1 fumble!!!

It's not TC's call. the players select their Captains

BillTheGreek
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
It's not TC's call. the players select their Captains

What good is it any way, it's like a Captain with out a SHIP !

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Personally I think Blackburn should be named captain. Rolle was always a bit of a loose cannon for my tastes...

mike kennedy
12-21-2012, 07:49 PM

Maybe the C does not stand for Captain. tuck has turned into such a bore. Osi's regression has spread throught the team.