PDA

View Full Version : Redskins might lose....

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Sorry to state the obvious, but did anyone actually consider the mere possibility that the Skins could lose this Sunday?

I mean either way, if we lose our game, I don't care what happens to our rivals, I'll already have given up hope. But having said all that, don't think for a second that Philly will lay down for them, they will try to ruin their playoff chances just as much as they will to us next week. McCoy will also play in this game.

Go Philly!

GMAN2K9
12-21-2012, 08:49 PM
I thought the Skins were bound to lose the last 2 weeks yet they found a way to win. Not expecting them to lose so Giants just need to take care of business

Giantz4Life
12-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Go Philly!

I'm with you, but damn, I want to throw up just even thinking of those two words combined coming out of my mouth.

BigBlue wins
12-21-2012, 08:52 PM
I can't say go philly. If I merely utter those words Ill go into anaphylactic shock

TheEnigma
12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Maybe but I just don't trust that defense against the zone option. I could see Foles having a big game though.

joemorrisforprez
12-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I can see the Eagles sucking v. the Redskins, and then pulling Gilbride's pants down like they always do.

Eagles will go from a screen door to a steel curtain in one week.

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Our best bet for the division is Saints win versus Cowboys, Cowboys win the last week against the Redskins and we win out.

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Maybe but I just don't trust that defense against the zone option. I could see Foles having a big game though.You never know what could happen in these division games.....there is nothing the Eagles want to do more than to ruin their rivals' playoff chances

egyptian420
12-21-2012, 10:19 PM
I can see the Eagles sucking v. the Redskins, and then pulling Gilbride's pants down like they always do.

Eagles will go from a screen door to a steel curtain in one week.I can totally see that happening

fletch842
12-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Our best bet for the division is Saints win versus Cowboys, Cowboys win the last week against the Redskins and we win out.
yeah, this would pretty much rock.

stormblue
12-21-2012, 10:53 PM
the Skins are not gonna get ambushed by the Eagles.
too much at stake.....and the Eagles don't own the Skins like they own us.

they throttled the Eagles 31-6 in the 1st meeting....it could actually be worse this time.

TheBookOfEli
12-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Redskins ain't losing. The eagles won't show up cause they'll be getting EXTRA prepared for Week 17.

Cool Papa B.
12-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Sorry to state the obvious, but did anyone actually consider the mere possibility that the Skins could lose this Sunday?

I mean either way, if we lose our game, I don't care what happens to our rivals, I'll already have given up hope. But having said all that, don't think for a second that Philly will lay down for them, they will try to ruin their playoff chances just as much as they will to us next week. McCoy will also play in this game.

Go Philly!

Everything is pointing to not just a Redskin win, but a blow out. And usually when that is the case the opposite happens. We'll see.

Toadofsteel
12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Go Philly!

I'm sorry dave, I'm afraid I cannot do that.

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 11:58 PM
They might. The Giants might be done by the half. So it won't matter.

BlueJayC
12-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Go Philly!"E-A-G-L-..........I just threw up in my mouth......can't do it.....think I'd rather see the Skins take it....

JJC7301
12-22-2012, 01:10 AM

Go Philly!
No, they're not losing to Philly. Washington has been so bad for so long, that with their finally playing well they are not going to let up now. They're hungry and they're going to beat in the playoffs. They finally have a good QB and good coaching.

I think they'll blow the doors off of both the Eagles and the 'boys.

They're winning out their schedule and hence the division. We'd better hope that the Giants can squeak in as a wild card.

Goose403
12-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Any chance of clinching with a win this Sunday?

a4gmen
12-22-2012, 05:56 AM
I'm with you, but damn, I want to throw up just even thinking of those two words combined coming out of my mouth.
+1

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Andy Reid is coaching for his next job and Michael Vick is auditioning for the Jets...err next team as well. Andy Reid doesn't want to go out without showing some fight or that would show his next NFL team that he gave up even knowing his career with the Eagles was over. Doesn't mean he wins it, but I expect some sort of effort.

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 06:06 AM

Way too many factors to clinch this weekend. Isn't impossible, but improbable due to so many teams having to lose. Giants needing the win is the first part.

EnragedYouth85
12-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Obviously both teams losing this week would be nice but we don't have that much luck in the bank. You have to remember.. we need to win too. If we all lose this weekend, and then win next week. We probably won't even make the playoffs..

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 07:03 AM
This is what would have to happen, minn loses vs houston, dallas loses vs no, and chicago loses...(either dallas or washington would have to lose this week to clinch iirc but it could be both have to lose for us to clinch). If only one of wash/dallas has to lose, than seattle would have to lose to sf...
Its actually not improbable...at all

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 07:09 AM
This is what would have to happen, minn loses vs houston, dallas loses vs no, and chicago loses...(either dallas or washington would have to lose this week to clinch iirc but it could be both have to lose for us to clinch). If only one of wash/dallas has to lose, than seattle would have to lose to sf...
Its actually not improbable...at all

Very improbable. First then Giants have to win...which comes down to which team comes to the stadium. Then there are alot of teams that have to lose. Minnesota has been streaky, but AP is on a mission. Dallas and NO is a tough one since both have improved though I think NO is the softer of the two. Washington should beat Philly and Seattle has a very good chance against SF. I didn't say impossible, I just said it was improbable for that many things to take place at one time.

Giantslb66
12-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I just hope we take care of our own business. That is all that matters.

Redeyejedi
12-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Wash,Dall,CHi , Minn would all have to lose to clinch a Wildcard

stormblue
12-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm sorry dave, I'm afraid I cannot do that.

LOL !!...Hal was the man.

G-MANning4Life
12-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Wash,Dall,CHi , Minn would all have to lose to clinch a Wildcard
I'm tired of us Giants fans even having to consider who has to lose in order for us to be in. Let's hope they don't put us through that this time around and just win these next two games. I'll take a wildcard spot, I'll take the division for seed 4, I don't care.

egyptian420
12-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Andy Reid is coaching for his next job and Michael Vick is auditioning for the Jets...err next team as well. Andy Reid doesn't want to go out without showing some fight or that would show his next NFL team that he gave up even knowing his career with the Eagles was over. Doesn't mean he wins it, but I expect some sort of effort.+1

BillTheGreek
12-22-2012, 09:22 AM
OK Very simple : GIANTS JUST WIN ! STOP F#@%*$8 (F#@%*$8) AROUND !

There’s always somebody saying that Giants can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

stormblue
12-22-2012, 09:59 AM

not likely ....but its possible.....
let's leave Seattle out of the mix for now..(just give them the #5 seed for now)
(Seattle would lose tiebreaks to Giants if it came down to that ...but we can't actually overtake them until next week).
so , to clinch this week ;
1) Giants win ...minimum possible record ....9 wins
2) Chicago lose...max possible record.........9 wins....(we win tiebreak)
3) Minnesota lose ..max possible record......9 wins....(we win tiebreak)

4) Dallas lose ....max possible record .........9 wins
5) Wash lose......max possible record..........9 wins....

the loser of week 17 Dallas vs Wash would only be 8-8
the winner would be 9-7 and possibly win the division if Giants lose to Philly

either way , we get the division or at least #6 seed.

so to recap.....Giants win.....Minn , Chicago , Dallas , Wash all lose.....
we clinch at least #6 seed.

i didn't run this thru any playoff engine....but it seems correct.....although highly unlikely.
especially the part where we beat the Ravens.,,,ha-ha !

nycisgreat
12-22-2012, 01:49 PM

Go Philly!

I am more concerned about us winning the last two games than the skins losing.

egyptian420
12-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I am more concerned about us winning the last two games than the skins losing.Ofcourse....that's what I wrote in the first line of the second paragraph...but if we do win however, I'm saying there is a very possible chance that the skins could lose which would be awesome

barran21
12-22-2012, 02:01 PM
The Eagles will get blown out, but will give the Giants a battle next week..

nycisgreat
12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Ofcourse....that's what I wrote in the first line of the second paragraph...but if we do win however, I'm saying there is a very possible chance that the skins could lose which would be awesome

I hear you, but honestly I don't think we have a chance at winning the division. That ship has sailed. If it does happen that would, it would be awesome to get a home game.

JesseJames
12-22-2012, 05:47 PM
one more thing to consider with Philly is that they are not only playing to wreck the Redskins playoff hopes they are also playing to support Andy Reid who's job is on the line .

egyptian420
12-22-2012, 06:45 PM
one more thing to consider with Philly is that they are not only playing to wreck the Redskins playoff hopes they are also playing to support Andy Reid who's job is on the line .I think everyone there knows that he's already gone at this point

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 09:39 PM
I think everyone there knows that he's already gone at this point

Yep, Lurie said to the media before the season kicked off that 8-8 was not going to do it for Andy. This came right after they found his son dead. I thought this was a classless act on Lurie's part and added needless pressure on someone that has done alot for the organization over time. He ended up making a statement that he'll have to back up or look like and idiot if he doesn't since the Eagles are far from 8-8.

He should've handled as it is handled every year. The media has all their hot seat discussions and after the season is over Reid is fired quietly and a press conference is called.

I hate the Eagles, but feel sorry for Andy Reid and what he has gone through without some dumbass owner throwing another monkey on his back.