PDA

View Full Version : Pierce: Tuck not the same player

Cloud57
12-21-2012, 11:49 PM
"I played with Justin Tuck and have a tremendous respect for him. But he has not been the same player emotionally, mentally or his play in the last three years. It's just the facts," Pierce said on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN 98.7 FM on Friday. "He came on late last season and once Antrel Rolle and a couple of other guys said he had to pick it up, but for the most part, he's a situation, third-down, passing situation defensive end."

He added: "When you watch him on Sundays, you do not see the energy, you do not see the fire he used to play with. And I don't know why. I don't know if it's personal stuff going on or maybe he's physically tired."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/21005/pierce-not-same-tuck-i-played-with

Buddy333
12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
It seems his best days of football are behind him.

bearbryant
12-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Look back after JT took the injury 3/4 years ago when he took a cheap shot from that turd on Dallas. He's never been the same/ they called it a burner to the neck. We've been seeing the same thing from him ever since. His playing days are over. Osi on the other hand was always a 3rd down / strip sack guy with a tremendous first step but please don't talk about him like he was the other side of Michael Strahan who set the edge, sack the QB and basically frustrated OT's all day long! A beast, MS was! Go Giants! Spank the Ravens/ Remember 2000!!!

JJC7301
12-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Look back after JT took the injury 3/4 years ago when he took a cheap shot from that turd on Dallas. He's never been the same/ they called it a burner to the neck. We've been seeing the same thing from him ever since. His playing days are over. Osi on the other hand was always a 3rd down / strip sack guy with a tremendous first step but please don't talk about him like he was the other side of Michael Strahan who set the edge, sack the QB and basically frustrated OT's all day long! A beast, MS was! Go Giants! Spank the Ravens/ Remember 2000!!!
+1,000,000 -- BINGO! He's never been the same since that injury. He did play really well at the end of last year, so maybe it is more of a lack of desire on his part. But he hasn't been as consistent since that injury.

slag
12-22-2012, 01:28 AM
he almost seems to disappear when the ball is snapped ! don't see his name as much as you used to!

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 01:44 AM
I suggested we use tuck like we use osi last week. I think thatd be the best way to use him to a, limit the snaps if he isnt going all out and b, should keep him fresh and healthier.
he is clearly not an everydown de in this, slump i guess the word would be although, three yrs is a long time to slump, maybe hes just not very good anymore?

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Or maybe itd be best to use tuck on first and second downs to combat the run, then take him out on third down for kiwi or osi if we keep him...

oldschoolGMEN
12-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Tuck and the Giants are hiding a more severe issue with Tucks shoulder injuries.. I would not be surprised if he retires as I do not believe he wants to go anywhere else but the Giants and he reliazes that the more he underachieves he will be putting the Giants in a difficult situation to cut him.

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2012, 08:40 PM
From the same guy who ran around with a big belly during his last two seasons trying in vain to catch up to anyone on the field . . . . .

Antwuan
12-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Tuck's last great season was 2010, and he play very well in the playoffs last season.

Antwuan
12-22-2012, 10:54 PM
A lot of people may not know but Justin Tuck thought about retiring last season mainly due to the injuries.

gfanblue
12-22-2012, 10:57 PM
From the same guy who ran around with a big belly during his last two seasons trying in vain to catch up to anyone on the field . . . . . HA-HA. Yea Pierce did have the 'bloat' going on his last two years or so. Not that I'm a picture of health but a middle linebacker shouldn't have love handles.....

BK07071
12-23-2012, 01:33 AM
"I played with Justin Tuck and have a tremendous respect for him. But he has not been the same player emotionally, mentally or his play in the last three years. It's just the facts," Pierce said on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN 98.7 FM on Friday. "He came on late last season and once Antrel Rolle and a couple of other guys said he had to pick it up, but for the most part, he's a situation, third-down, passing situation defensive end."

He added: "When you watch him on Sundays, you do not see the energy, you do not see the fire he used to play with. And I don't know why. I don't know if it's personal stuff going on or maybe he's physically tired."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/21005/pierce-not-same-tuck-i-played-with

Agree with what Pierce said about Tuck 100% !!!!There is something missing!

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Yeah no ****

M00KIE
12-23-2012, 06:59 AM
I suggested we use tuck like we use osi last week. I think thatd be the best way to use him to a, limit the snaps if he isnt going all out and b, should keep him fresh and healthier.
he is clearly not an everydown de in this, slump i guess the word would be although, three yrs is a long time to slump, maybe hes just not very good anymore?

I suggest he retires.

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Tuck and the Giants are hiding a more severe issue with Tucks shoulder injuries.. I would not be surprised if he retires as I do not believe he wants to go anywhere else but the Giants and he reliazes that the more he underachieves he will be putting the Giants in a difficult situation to cut him.It pisses me off so much that scumbag Flozell Adams didnt get in more trouble.He ruined Tucks career

JB456
12-23-2012, 10:01 AM

I would have to agree but I still hold out hope that he can muster up the little pride he has left and go all out in Giants run this year.

TheAnalyst
12-23-2012, 10:11 AM
I got a few things on this.

#1- Tuck has gone through some really tough times emotionally in his life the past few years. Its kinda like a "Hey there are more important things then football" type wake up. And as a result he isn't fully focused anymore.
#2- He has won 2 Superbowl rings already. Maybe he just isn't as motivated to get another one by sacraficing his body so one day he will be a cripple.
#3- He is getting older. Some people get older quicker. Injuries may be catching up to him.

But for all of you guys who are hating on him and Osi, I dont think you are true Giants fans. Not every player can play the game Strahan did for as long as he did. I think this truely shows how special a player Big Mike was for Big Blue. He played till 36 at a very high level, thirsty for a championship. Tuck and Osi got their rings early in their careers and Im not saying they hung em up early, but maybe the hunger just isnt there as much.

Tuck and Osi deserve our respect, no matter how their careers fade out. They won us 2 Superbowls rings and gave us a lifetime of memories.

Giants for life, as we say.

Maybe they have a little more in the tank to make this final 6 games something special, like last year. But you cant blame them if they dont. Just realize their time has passed and it may be really tough for them to admitt it as competitive athletes.

ALL IN

nycsportzfan
12-23-2012, 10:27 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/21005/pierce-not-same-tuck-i-played-with Uhh, this is what ive been saying!! Its exactly the thing i've been saying since the offeseason! That our vets are lacking burning desire wk in and wk out now that they got titles and its time to go with a NEW GUARD.. Outside of ELI of course.. Webster, Diehl, Tuck, and OSI are a big reason why were in the perdicement were in now, and unfortunetly they've lacked desire on a weekly basis, and i believe all the winning and backing in the postseason has made them somewhat laxadazical on more then 2many game days because of past success..

nycsportzfan
12-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Justn Tuck has 1 sack ths yr! ONE SACK!!!!!!!!!!lol I certainly will always appreciate Tuck and speak about him in glowing terms down the line as we discuss former giant players, but his time with us must come to a end after this season.. 1sack is laughable..

nycsportzfan
12-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I got a few things on this.

#1- Tuck has gone through some really tough times emotionally in his life the past few years. Its kinda like a "Hey there are more important things then football" type wake up. And as a result he isn't fully focused anymore.
#2- He has won 2 Superbowl rings already. Maybe he just isn't as motivated to get another one by sacraficing his body so one day he will be a cripple.
#3- He is getting older. Some people get older quicker. Injuries may be catching up to him.

But for all of you guys who are hating on him and Osi, I dont think you are true Giants fans. Not every player can play the game Strahan did for as long as he did. I think this truely shows how special a player Big Mike was for Big Blue. He played till 36 at a very high level, thirsty for a championship. Tuck and Osi got their rings early in their careers and Im not saying they hung em up early, but maybe the hunger just isnt there as much.

Tuck and Osi deserve our respect, no matter how their careers fade out. They won us 2 Superbowls rings and gave us a lifetime of memories.

Giants for life, as we say.

Maybe they have a little more in the tank to make this final 6 games something special, like last year. But you cant blame them if they dont. Just realize their time has passed and it may be really tough for them to admitt it as competitive athletes.

ALL IN I might care about the excuses, if we weren't paying him handsomley.. If hes got tough times the past couple yrs that makes it so he can't prepare and play hard like he needs 2, and if hes not motivated because of the SB wins and postseasons hes all ready been 2, and dosen't want to put hisbody through the hurt again, i lost all respect for him..

Ur basically saying the guy dosen't care about his teammates and isn't willing to sacrifice even though hes getting paid milllions to do so, and has a bunch of players on his team who are trying to win... I don't know what u were trying to say,. but ur post if true, would have me losing respect for tuck more then anything..

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I might care about the excuses, if we weren't paying him handsomley.. If hes got tough times the past couple yrs that makes it so he can't prepare and play hard like he needs 2, and if hes not motivated because of the SB wins and postseasons hes all ready been 2, and dosen't want to put hisbody through the hurt again, i lost all respect for him..

Ur basically saying the guy dosen't care about his teammates and isn't willing to sacrifice even though hes getting paid milllions to do so, and has a bunch of players on his team who are trying to win... I don't know what u were trying to say,. but ur post if true, would have me losing respect for tuck more then anything..
His contract is reasonable really.he has been underpaid for his good seasons.6million for a 4-3 end thats been an all pro twice is a bargain over the life of the deal.if i was jpp there would be no way id play next season without a long term big deal.u can get hurt and lose your skill like tuck without getting a big contract.if i was jpp id be looking 4-6 year deal at 8 per with at least 60% guarenteed

nycsportzfan
12-23-2012, 11:47 AM
His contract is reasonable really.he has been underpaid for his good seasons.6million for a 4-3 end thats been an all pro twice is a bargain over the life of the deal.if i was jpp there would be no way id play next season without a long term big deal.u can get hurt and lose your skill like tuck without getting a big contract.if i was jpp id be looking 4-6 year deal at 8 per with at least 60% guarenteed Hes still paid handsomely.. The guys got 3sacks redeye.. And i don't know if JPP should be looking to sign a deal after this season.. Hes gonna end up getting underpaid , because his lack of production, which isn't horrible, but nothing remotley close to last yr.. I mean, u got ALDON SMITH about to break strahans record, and what can JPP say to that? Hes got like 6sacks or something.. I mean, how can u get paid like a TOP pass rusher when ur not even breaking 10?