PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else feel bad that it's TUCK that's struggling?

GentleGiant
12-21-2012, 11:21 PM
The guy's a leader. He's a nice guy. He's the leader of the D line. He's got 2 rings. He might have been the defensive SB mvp last year cause of the safety and clutch sack.

I know he joked about RG3 and all that but both you and I know that game was won because of a magic fumble TD and a missed FG.
Despite that he's still a good guy and I really feel like his loss of ability has more to do with age rather than lack of effort.

It's like with Ray Lewis. Ravens fans know he's struggling and he's average at best but you don't like seeing him not BE HIM because it's Ray Lewis. I'd rather see a jerk like Suggs struggling than Lewis.

Sometimes if both guys are gonna struggle you just wish the good guy wasn't struggling more than the jerk that's all.

Feels like when he leaves it will be the end of an era. Like Michael Strahan almost.

nygfan90
12-21-2012, 11:27 PM
I do feel bad for him. I just wish if he doesn't "feel" it anymore, he would announce his retirement instead of wasting a spot on the roster.

primetime
12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Ray Lewis may not be the same player he was years ago, but he's still a very good linebacker. Crazy how a player who has played 17 seasons at the Mike linebacker position and still can play at a high level is very impressive.

But back to Justin Tuck. I'm not ready to label him done. But I will say he's not playing like the player I expect him to play. He's earned the right to wear the C on his jersey, but as of late he's not looking like a Captain of the defense.

I read comments on the boards as of late and majority of fans could care less if Tuck plays another down for the Giants this season or next. And it's clear why fans feel that way, frustration...
Just last year Tuck was running down a runner 40 yards down field in the PRE-SEASON. Now it seems he's disinterested at times on the field.

GentleGiant
12-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Ray Lewis may not be the same player he was years ago, but he's still a very good linebacker. Crazy how a player who has played 17 seasons at the Mike linebacker position and still can play at a high level is very impressive.

But back to Justin Tuck. I'm not ready to label him done. But I will say he's not playing like the player I expect him to play. He's earned the right to wear the C on his jersey, but as of late he's not looking like a Captain of the defense.

I read comments on the boards as of late and majority of fans could care less if Tuck plays another down for the Giants this season or next. And it's clear why fans feel that way, frustration...
Just last year Tuck was running down a runner 40 yards down field in the PRE-SEASON. Now it seems he's disinterested at times on the field.

I agree with the Lewis point. Although I also feel that being a member of a d line can put more years on you than a member of a linebacking corps. But of course there's still 20 Lbs I'd pick before him.

However what he's done is incredible and he'll go down as one of the best lbs ever. People will talk about him like they talk about **** Butkis and LT.

SERIOUSLY IT CENSORED THAT?!

GentleGiant
12-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah. Him, Osi, JPP, almost the entire OL, Eli, and Nicks.

Typical buddy.

Flip Empty
12-21-2012, 11:49 PM
I like Tuck, which is why I find it difficult to hate on him. It's just disappointing to see him regress in this fashion

JJC7301
12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
I do feel bad for him. I just wish if he doesn't "feel" it anymore, he would announce his retirement instead of wasting a spot on the roster.
+1. Time for him to call it quits. And if not, it's time for the Giants to part ways with him. Can't believe his talent has dropped so much considering that he's only been in the league since '05, I think.

I don't think he's been the same since he injured his shoulder when getting pushed from behind by a Cowboy o-lineman.

BlueReign
12-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I really like Tuck, but he is a shell of his former self.

NYCDBS
12-22-2012, 04:17 AM
The guy's a leader. He's a nice guy. He's the leader of the D line. He's got 2 rings. He might have been the defensive SB mvp last year cause of the safety and clutch sack.

I know he joked about RG3 and all that but both you and I know that game was won because of a magic fumble TD and a missed FG.
Despite that he's still a good guy and I really feel like his loss of ability has more to do with age rather than lack of effort.

It's like with Ray Lewis. Ravens fans know he's struggling and he's average at best but you don't like seeing him not BE HIM because it's Ray Lewis. I'd rather see a jerk like Suggs struggling than Lewis.

Sometimes if both guys are gonna struggle you just wish the good guy wasn't struggling more than the jerk that's all.

Feels like when he leaves it will be the end of an era. Like Michael Strahan almost.

I like Justin Tuck a lot he is a great Giant and has made big plays in the biggest moments for this team. I don't think however he is a great leader. I know he is a defensive captain but I think that comes from his status as a veteran and the things he has done in the past. Ive never gotten the sense from him in watching his interviews that he has the leadership presence of a Ray Lewis or even Michael Strahan. Those guys got their teams up for games. Tuck for as great a player as he has been doesn't seem to have that.

BuffyBlueII
12-22-2012, 04:32 AM
I feel bad for him and really wish that he would snap out of it.

EnragedYouth85
12-22-2012, 05:25 AM
I feel bad enough for him to think him and the rest of the line needs to get slapped in the face to get out of this rut!

M00KIE
12-22-2012, 06:22 AM
meh..I wouldn't bring up Strahan in that comment. One thing Strahan was good for was bringing 100% effort every game. Even when we were a garbage team, Strahan was one of the guys I enjoyed watching, win or lose. Tuck...I dunno what his deal is. Last year I felt bad for him, he went through alot. This year? Nah....

Redeyejedi
12-22-2012, 07:53 AM
U think he is a leader because I dont. What leaders mope around like he does

SweetZombieJesus
12-22-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm a big fan of Tuck's but man part of leadership is keeping any self doubts to yourself and NEVER letting them show it's a sign of leadership. Read the Art of War. When you're a leader you have to present an image that is super-human. Showing self doubt is a sign of weakness and uncertainty, which is NOT what you want to be telegraphing to your troops. They are looking to you to draw inspiration and examples of behavior.

Some people are born leaders (LT), some grow into it (Strahan), some can't shoulder it, apparently (Tuck).

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:30 AM
I have always liked Tuck the player, but Tuck the leader has been a mirage. I hope he gets well and decides whether or not he still wants to play becasue right now he's taking up a spot that a future player could be playing in.

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Some people are born leaders (LT), some grow into it (Strahan), some can't shoulder it, apparently (Tuck).

http://semiaccurate.com/assets/uploads/2012/03/I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

brad
12-22-2012, 08:58 AM
When it was just Osi, I thought, it was just Osi... when Tuck started playing like he didn't care I said "Oh boy, not two DEs that don't want to play"... when JPP joined that group, I decided that there was more to it. I believe they have lost their faith in the defensive scheme and PF. They don't feel the scheme allows them to do the things they are good at and doesn't put them in a position to be successful. I am disappointing in the way Tuck has played this year but I wonder if a new coordinator might turn that around.

Flip Empty
12-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Antrel Rolle is the leader, Tuck is the captain.That's how I see it, at least.

BillTheGreek
12-22-2012, 09:07 AM
TUCK, It's do or die Sunday ! If your the Captain ........Then prove it !

There’s always somebody saying that Tuck can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored !

GameTime
12-22-2012, 09:36 AM
they are all stuggling......

slipknottin
12-22-2012, 09:38 AM
I feel bad for him. Was a great player until Flozell tripped him. Now he has no power with that arm at all. It's been a couple years now since that incident and I don't think Tuck has become any healthier.

TextureDj
12-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I feel bad for him. Was a great player until Flozell tripped him. Now he has no power with that arm at all. It's been a couple years now since that incident and I don't think Tuck has become any healthier.There is something to this methinks. It takes extraordinary drive to play or work through an injury that is hampering a basic motor function, that level of motivation is very hard to maintain unless faced with extraordinary circumstances.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 10:38 AM
There is something to this methinks. It takes extraordinary drive to play or work through an injury that is hampering a basic motor function, that level of motivation is very hard to maintain unless faced with extraordinary circumstances.

I hope Tracy is up to the challenge, big shoes to fill.

Tmurda1984
12-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Tuck is finished. His physical skills is diminishing and he does not have that same hunger because he's been a Superbowl champ twice. He would rather do Subway commercials with Strahan and ride off into the sunset. Tuck is sick of waking up with bump and bruises and can not take criticism anymore.

Martin
12-22-2012, 11:04 AM

FEEL BAD FOR HIM??

Listen I feel bad (very bad) for young children who get mowed down
by and insane gunman.

I feel the same way for a human being who cannot fend for themselves
physically, emotional or financially.

Animals who get brutalized I feel very bad for.

However I DO NOT feel bad for a star athlete making millions of dollars
who is having troubling performing at his job!!

Either perform at your job or give the money back and find
another job.

If you don't perform at your job they fire you
and your company or organization DON'T FEEL BAD!!!!!

GentleGiant
12-22-2012, 11:24 AM
FEEL BAD FOR HIM??

Listen I feel bad (very bad) for young children who get mowed down
by and insane gunman.

I feel the same way for a human being who cannot fend for themselves
physically, emotional or financially.

Animals who get brutalized I feel very bad for.

However I DO NOT feel bad for a star athlete making millions of dollars
who is having troubling performing at his job!!

Either perform at your job or give the money back and find
another job.

If you don't perform at your job they fire you
and your company or organization DON'T FEEL BAD!!!!!

Wow you're real sympathetic. So in order for you to show any sympathy for anyone in the world, they'd have to get mowed by a gunman or brutalized?

That's real sane.

gmen0820
12-22-2012, 11:29 AM
He's not playing with fire. No clue where his head is at. Same **** happened last year before Rolle called him out.

GentleGiant
12-22-2012, 11:32 AM
meh..I wouldn't bring up Strahan in that comment. One thing Strahan was good for was bringing 100% effort every game. Even when we were a garbage team, Strahan was one of the guys I enjoyed watching, win or lose. Tuck...I dunno what his deal is. Last year I felt bad for him, he went through alot. This year? Nah....

Just cause you can't do it physically doesn't mean you don't want to. Big difference between can't and won't.
Yeah I don't get this. He wasn't bad last year. He was probably the best defensive player in the SB?

Strahan hasn't had as big of injuries as Tuck.

GentleGiant
12-22-2012, 11:35 AM

What moping? I hear people saying he's moping and then I try to find proof of this and can never find it. Yeah Rolle is probably a better leader but don't lie to yourself by saying Tuck isn't trying.