PDA

View Full Version : IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE GIANTS CAN CLINCH WITH A WIN THIS SUNDAY?

Goose403
12-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Is it possible not to come down to the Philly game?

nygfan90
12-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Yeah but i think like 4-5 other teams have to lose.

GMEN023
12-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Yes but it is HIGHLY unlikely. They need to win and have the Redskins, Cowboys, Vikings and Bears all lose. Most likely will come down to that Eagles game unfourtantely. Trust me last thing I want is an important December game against the Eagles in the Meadowlands but looks like thats where we're headed. However they win this week and we'll worry about the eagles then

Goose403
12-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Yes but it is HIGHLY unlikely. They need to win and have the Redskins, Cowboys, Vikings and Bears all lose. Most likely will come down to that Eagles game unfourtantely. Trust me last thing I want is an important December game against the Eagles in the Meadowlands but looks like thats where we're headed. However they win this week and we'll worry about the eagles then agreed I just don't have many fond memories playing the eagles in the final game of the season

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-22-2012, 01:33 AM
NO WAY. Act of God needed.

slag
12-22-2012, 01:44 AM
just goes to show them, how really an important game Atlanta was to win! really sucks being in Philly with OUR fate in THEIR house , sort to speak! that should be added incentive , not to lose this game! being pounded by the Falcons was bad enough, but losing to the Eagles would just be that much worse! ALL IN! GO BIG BLUE !

BK07071
12-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Yeah but i think like 4-5 other teams have to lose.

I don't think we will win this one come Sunday. The spark doesn't seem to be there with this team. Defense is atrocious at times, Eli's passes are off target, receivers dropping passes, etc. It just doesn't seem like they care. Did you ever look at the expression on Tuck's face when the cameras pan the team? He looks frustrated or disgusted. What's the reason for the sour puss??? Could it be that he doesn't buy into the schemes they're using and his pass rushing abilities are now limited because Fewell has him backing off at times into pass coverage instead of rushing the passer? I mean.....I don't know what the heck else it would be other than the fact that he doesn't agree with the way the defensive schemes are arranged and called. It can also be that because of the way their playing he doesn't get sacks and I'm sure that there is a clause in his contract that stipulates for any sack he gets, additional bonus money is earned by him and if the bonus is $100K per sack, that can add up to one hell of a pay day.
Maybe with KP and Prince coming back into the fold there will be somewhat of a spark for the team and they will play better. I hope I'm right stating the
later and wrong about the rest. However, you got to admit it's food for thought.

gmen46
12-22-2012, 03:37 AM
I don't think we will win this one come Sunday. The spark doesn't seem to be there with this team. Defense is atrocious at times, Eli's passes are off target, receivers dropping passes, etc. It just doesn't seem like they care. Did you ever look at the expression on Tuck's face when the cameras pan the team? He looks frustrated or disgusted. What's the reason for the sour puss??? Could it be that he doesn't buy into the schemes they're using and his pass rushing abilities are now limited because Fewell has him backing off at times into pass coverage instead of rushing the passer? I mean.....I don't know what the heck else it would be other than the fact that he doesn't agree with the way the defensive schemes are arranged and called. It can also be that because of the way their playing he doesn't get sacks and I'm sure that there is a clause in his contract that stipulates for any sack he gets, additional bonus money is earned by him and if the bonus is $100K per sack, that can add up to one hell of a pay day.
Maybe with KP and Prince coming back into the fold there will be somewhat of a spark for the team and they will play better. I hope I'm right stating the
later and wrong about the rest. However, you got to admit it's food for thought.

Food for thought? Yeah. maybe junk food for thought.

What you describe here would definitely apply to the Falcons game. But for the rest of the season? No. Cincinnati was a lackluster game, I'll give you that. But to say that as if the entire--or even most of--this season has produced a team without a "spark" would not only be unfair, it would be grossly inaccurate. As for Tuck looking frustrated and disgusted. Why shouldn't he, during the course of the Falcons game? But again, to imply that describes Tuck for most or all of this season is absurd.

We'll win the last 2 games (this statement is my opinion; the rest of this paragraph is arithmetic). Then it's up to what Skins and Cowboys do. It's now impossible for both of them to get to 10-6, while it is possible Giants can. If Giants and Cowboys go 10-6, we win the division (due to our respective Conference records as tie breaker). If Skins and Giants go 10-6, Skins win division (due to their superior division record) but we can still win a wild card even if Bears and Vikes end up 10-6, due to our respective Conference records and/or total points scored.

We win both our games, we're in. We truly do control our post season hopes, with 2 more reg season games to play. Just like last year.

In order to clinch a playoff spot THIS week, we need to win and hope that 4 teams lose. But to clinch a playoff spot NEXT week, we just need to win.

So let's all quit whining and give the Giants our positive vibes to JUST WIN, BABY, ok?

Jet-Blue
12-22-2012, 06:47 AM
From NFL.com

CLINCHING SCENARIOS: New York clinches a playoff spot with: 1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR; 2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tie

EnragedYouth85
12-22-2012, 06:50 AM
From NFL.com

CLINCHING SCENARIOS: New York clinches a playoff spot with: 1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR; 2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tie

I can see MIN and DAL losing but WAS and CHI have pretty easy games. Also NY needs to win, which I hope they do.

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 07:10 AM
I can see MIN and DAL losing but WAS and CHI have pretty easy games. Also NY needs to win, which I hope they do.id bet dallas loses to n.o.

BillTheGreek
12-22-2012, 09:05 AM
It's going to be Very interesting, this is how I see it ! The Giants Beat the Ravens, only because they have to ! If they don't the Season is OVER ! So get your Pom Pom's out. Get your Lucky charms ready, Start your Voodoo and Yes Pray !

There’s always somebody saying that Giants can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored !

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 09:15 AM
NO WAY. Act of God needed.

Actually yes. If we win and about five other teams lose, we can clinch a playoff spot tomorrow.

jomo
12-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Actually yes. If we win and about five other teams lose, we can clinch a playoff spot tomorrow.I also read that if we win out, we are assured of no less than a home wild card playoff game. Do you know if that is true?

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 11:10 AM
I also read that if we win out, we are assured of no less than a home wild card playoff game. Do you know if that is true?

I believe it is,but I can't find any links

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21415902/nfl-playoff-picture-scenarios----week-16

The 2012 NFL playoff picture is finally starting to crystallize as we are down to our final two weeks of the season. During Week 15, we saw two division titles captured (Houston and Green Bay) and two playoff spots secured (Baltimore and San Francisco). We also saw five more teams eliminated from the playoffs (Buffalo, Cleveland, N.Y. Jets, San Diego and Tampa Bay), leaving us with 19 teams vying to be this year's Super Bowl (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl) champion.

Full blown playoff picture scenarios are listed below, but here are some team tiebreaker nuggets for you to munch on:

The N.Y. Giants,
who were once 6-2 and can clinch this week, can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss + Washington win + Dallas win + Seattle win/tie.

NEW YORK GIANTS

NY Giants can clinch a playoff berth with:1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tie

stormblue
12-22-2012, 11:27 AM
I also read that if we win out, we are assured of no less than a home wild card playoff game. Do you know if that is true?

if we win out the only thing guaranteed is the #6 seed on the road to play #3.

Jet-Blue
12-22-2012, 11:31 AM
if we win out the only thing guaranteed is the #6 seed on the road to play #3.

Yup, because if Washington wins out they get the Division.

Joe Morrison
12-22-2012, 07:10 PM
No, even if both Dallas and the Skins lose, if the GMEN lose in week 17 and the Skins beat the Boys, GMEN will be toast, they have to win out.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 07:51 PM
No, even if both Dallas and the Skins lose, if the GMEN lose in week 17 and the Skins beat the Boys, GMEN will be toast, they have to win out.

No. here's the secenario where they can clinch this weekend:

NY Giants can clinch a playoff berth with:1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tie

miked1958
12-22-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21415902/nfl-playoff-picture-scenarios----week-16The 2012 NFL playoff picture is finally starting to crystallize as we are down to our final two weeks of the season. During Week 15, we saw two division titles captured (Houston and Green Bay) and two playoff spots secured (Baltimore and San Francisco). We also saw five more teams eliminated from the playoffs (Buffalo, Cleveland, N.Y. Jets, San Diego and Tampa Bay), leaving us with 19 teams vying to be this year's Super Bowl (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl) champion.Full blown playoff picture scenarios are listed below, but here are some team tiebreaker nuggets for you to munch on:
The N.Y. Giants,
who were once 6-2 and can clinch this week, can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss + Washington win + Dallas win + Seattle win/tie.NEW YORK GIANTSNY Giants can clinch a playoff berth with:1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tiedidnt realize they could be eliminated This weekend. I thought I ran all the possibilities with a loss and they all had them still alive next week but needing lots of help to get in. Of course they don't beat the ravens they don't deserve a shot. But just ran it they way u laid it out and under those circumstances they'd be out

miked1958
12-22-2012, 11:16 PM
On bright side lets hope those 4 teams lose and we win

BigBlueAllDay
12-23-2012, 12:57 AM
On another brighter and more possible side, if the Patriots smoke the Jags and the Steelers beat the Bengals for the 1 PM games, the Ravens will have nothing to play for by the 4 PM game and should play with backups as they will be locked to the 4th seed.

miked1958
12-23-2012, 02:41 AM
That's even nicer

miked1958
12-23-2012, 03:03 AM
didnt realize they could be eliminated This weekend. I thought I ran all the possibilities with a loss and they all had them still alive next week but needing lots of help to get in. Of course they don't beat the ravens they don't deserve a shot. But just ran it they way u laid it out and under those circumstances they'd be outit seemed such a foregone conclusion a few weeks ago that we were a lock for the playoffs. It never occurred to me that we might miss them. This little scenario scares the crap out of me.... We just need to win to get back on right track, and stay alive. Then kill some demons of past next week vs Philly. Then do what we do in playoffs