PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Insider: Tuck Injury May Leave Giant Void

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1225803 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-insider-tuck-injury-leave-giant-void-article-1.1225803)

Excerpt: "The struggling Giants pass rush just might have to rediscover its form on Sunday with one of its key players watching from the sidelines.

Defensive end Justin Tuck (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Justin+Tuck) did not practice for the third straight day on Friday as he continued to nurse a shoulder injury. Tuck, the team’s defensive captain, is listed as questionable for Sunday’s pivotal game in Baltimore, and Tom Coughlin hardly sounded optimistic about his chances of suiting up.

“We’ll have to wait and see on that one,” Coughlin said.

Tuck missed four games due to injury last season, but he was at his best when the Giants needed him most, recording two sacks in the last two games of the regular season and 3.5 sacks in the playoffs. He has struggled throughout 2012, managing three sacks.

If Tuck can’t play, versatile Adrian Tracy (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Adrian+Tracy), who played primarily at defensive end in practice this week, likely would see increased time. Tracy added that he initially thought Tuck’s practice absence was “precautionary,” but as the week wore on, he grew more concerned.

The 25-year-old Tracy has played very little, but he made four tackles and added a sack in October’s win in San Francisco, when the Giants used in him a variety of roles.

“In San Francisco, when I got the opportunity, I was on cloud nine,” Tracy said. “And if it presents itself this week, I’ll have the same feeling.”

PRINCE ASCENDING

CB Prince Amukamara (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Prince+Amukamara), who sat out last week with a hamstring injury, is probable, and looks to be nearly back at full strength. Amukamara said he felt “comfortable” running and backpedaling and he added that he had “a lot of burst” in practice.

“It didn’t even feel that bad,” Amukamara said." Read more...

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2012, 08:20 AM
My concern about Tracey is that he got pushed around against the run during the preseason. I'd really like to see what Ojomo can do

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Wasnt ojomo placed on ir?

fletch842
12-22-2012, 08:25 AM
good to see Prince is ready to go. We really missed him last week.

jomo
12-22-2012, 08:31 AM
The difference between the real Tuck and Tracey is big, this year, we might actually get a lift from Tracey. It is a concern because of Tracey's lack of NFL game experience but there are many other larger keys to winning this game.

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2012, 08:37 AM

I don't think so . . . he's still listed on the active roster

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:39 AM

No, but he's been inactive

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Tracy has taken 43 snaps so far this season. I hope both he and Ojomo are active tomorrow if Tuck can't go.

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Tuck has been leaving a Giant void all season... maybe now we can get it filled.

jomo
12-22-2012, 09:23 AM
No, but he's been inactive...........literally.....We need my third cousin twice removed getting busy tomorrow!

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 09:34 AM
How is Tuck being out hurt heir pass rush?

GameTime
12-22-2012, 09:35 AM
My concern about Tracey is that he got pushed around against the run during the preseason. I'd really like to see what Ojomo can do
so Tracy is just like the rest of the D then. He will fit right in

embeshAtYa
12-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Im sick of seeing his stupid body language anyway. head down slumpy shoulders. if you cant make a play get off the field. see ya

embeshAtYa
12-22-2012, 09:39 AM
^^^lolol^^^

BigBlue wins
12-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Tuck has been leaving a Giant void all season... maybe now we can get it filled.

ditto

Gimaniac
12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Tuck is a Giant void, this year anyway. Next man up.

JesseJames
12-22-2012, 10:33 AM
If Tuck can't go tomorrow and Tracy plays than all we'll miss is Tucks experience but we might get an increase in performance because Tuck has been off his game all season and a big part of last season and Tracy looks like a player...

Tmurda1984
12-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Why did we let Tollefson walk again? These were the opportunities for Ojomo to shine...this is why you never get to hyped over preseason. I cant believe people thought this guy would make an impact.

Flip Empty
12-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Im sick of seeing his stupid body language anyway. head down slumpy shoulders.
Are you talking about Tuck or Eli?

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Why did we let Tollefson walk again? These were the opportunities for Ojomo to shine...this is why you never get to hyped over preseason. I cant believe people thought this guy would make an impact.

He's playing behind Osi, Tuck, JPP, Kiwanuka, and Tracy. Exacty what is it you'd like Ojomo to do?

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Are you talking about Tuck or Eli?

Well this will liven things up

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 10:48 AM
...........literally.....We need my third cousin twice removed getting busy tomorrow!

Hopefully he will suit up if Tuck is inactive. After all, blood is thicker than Tuck

nycisgreat
12-22-2012, 12:14 PM
I am indifferent about starting Ojomo or Tracey. They have fresh legs, and I believe in Reese. lol. Tuck hasn't done anything this season.

Flip Empty
12-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Well this will liven things up
Was a joke of sorts... Eli's done that his entire career

dbreiden83080
12-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Chance for someone else to step up.. Tuck has been poor all season..

Joe Morrison
12-22-2012, 06:08 PM
You have to be kidding me, Tuck had what, one tackle last week, don't know if he's injured but Tracey has to be better than what Tuck's been contributing this year.
Two game season, put the best people on the field, tired of hearing we've been here before, it's gotten real old.