PDA

View Full Version : Osi Umenyiora has many regrets...

Hall of Fame
12-22-2012, 12:10 PM
With Osi's tenure likely coming to an unfortunate end with the New York Giants, it's hard to believe that his whole career most likely will not be spent with our team. Lately he hasn't been that productive, but I still think he is a key player that helped lead us to 2 Super Bowl victories, and he is owed much respect. His biggest regret is how he handled his contract negotiations. He also believes the Giants can turn things around starting against the Ravens.

http://usat.ly/UQBtsR

DemandedAce
12-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Meaning now that he isn't performing anywhere near a high level he regrets claiming he is a top defensive end publicly haha

ibbill
12-22-2012, 12:38 PM
With Osi's tenure likely coming to an unfortunate end with the New York Giants, it's hard to believe that his whole career most likely will not be spent with our team. Lately he hasn't been that productive, but I still think he is a key player that helped lead us to 2 Super Bowl victories, and he is owed much respect. His biggest regret is how he handled his contract negotiations. He also believes the Giants can turn things around starting against the Ravens.

http://usat.ly/UQBtsR

Yea yea yea Frank Sinatra regrets I made a few, What a joke this Prima donna makes more in 1 year than any of us IN OUR LIFE TIME of work. What a bunch of crap.

BlueReign
12-22-2012, 12:43 PM
A plea for JR to offer him a deal, no matter the size.

NorwoodBlue
12-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Osi needs to make a real impact now, or he's not going to get much of a contract offer from anybody next year.

Manning
12-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Osi needs to make a real impact now, or he's not going to get much of a contract offer from anybody next year.
Worst contract year I've seen from a player.

rainierjef
12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Worst contract year I've seen from a player.
really!?!

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Don't regret, DO SOMETHING abuot it...

nhpgiantsfan
12-22-2012, 06:11 PM
He's been a great pass rusher. He is def the message board scapegoat. I would much rather cut Tuck if we could sign Osi to a reasonable deal. He is still very capable of forcing a big turnover as he has done a few times this year. I just don't understand how some people decide who the like and who they don't. Osi is a two time champion, pro bowler, forced about 12 turnovers in 2010, and he is dogged out constantly on these boards. Then the same people treat Steve Smith and Terell Thomas like they belong in the Giants ring of honor. I just don't get it.

gmen46
12-22-2012, 07:16 PM
He's been a great pass rusher. He is def the message board scapegoat. I would much rather cut Tuck if we could sign Osi to a reasonable deal. He is still very capable of forcing a big turnover as he has done a few times this year. I just don't understand how some people decide who the like and who they don't. Osi is a two time champion, pro bowler, forced about 12 turnovers in 2010, and he is dogged out constantly on these boards. Then the same people treat Steve Smith and Terell Thomas like they belong in the Giants ring of honor. I just don't get it.

I'm with you on this one.

rainierjef
12-22-2012, 08:08 PM

Because he was asked to write an affidavit that became public
Because he called Reese out on the verbal agreement they made; one which Reese laid out the terms of. To this day, I have yet to read an article that states Osi walked in and said " I! am a top 5 DE and I! deserve to be paid like one." If I read the affidavit right it was Reese who said either I will pay you like a top 5 DE or trade you to a team that will.
Should Osi have tried to down play the affidavit talk and get back to behind the door contract talks. Yes
He made a mistake and has been humble all season. Never ripped the organization, maybe said some stuff about Reese, but rescinded that and said it was all business and he held no animosity towards Reese.

We are seeing the same situation that happened when sheridan was our DC, the whole defense was bad, stats dropped all across the board. so lets look at what we have.

Tuck : 26 solo tkl / 3 sacks / 1 FF / 1 pass defended
Osi: 23 solo tkl / 6 sacks / 2 FF / 1 pass defended / 2 TFL / 4 yards on those TFL's
JPP: 37 solo tkl / 6.5 sacks / 1 FF - 1 FR for 10 yards / 1 Int for 28 yards and 1 TD / 5 pass defended / 6 TFL / 11 yards on those TFL's

So yeah Osi is definitely the problem... smfh
they are all the problem, each of them, their numbers have dropped from last year. JPP is the only bright spot on that line and he has even declined from last year.