PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis is still out- will miss giants game

BigBlue wins
12-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114816/article/ray-lewis-not-expected-back-during-regular-season

egyptian420
12-22-2012, 12:54 PM
:)

BuffyBlueII
12-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Switchblade Ray will still be there to motivate his team.

primetime
12-22-2012, 12:56 PM
The article doesn't say he's out. But it seems that he will not be able to play tomorrow. I was shocked that he was practicing and trying to play after tearing his tricep muscle only two months ago.

egyptian420
12-22-2012, 12:58 PM
The article doesn't say he's out. But it seems that he will not be able to play tomorrow. I was shocked that he was practicing and trying to play after tearing his tricep muscle only two months ago.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Ravens LB Ray Lewis is NOT expected to return from his triceps tear for the regular season, I'm told. Back for the playoff still possible

primetime
12-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Ravens LB Ray Lewis is NOT expected to return from his triceps tear for the regular season, I'm told. Back for the playoff still possible
Ok, thanks. is anyone concerned about Haloti Ngata? Chris Snee has a bad hip, and God help us if Jim Cordle has to block Ngata.

FlyingTruck
12-22-2012, 01:08 PM
He'll still be on the sidelines. And the fact that they know that they'll have him back for the playoffs will still motivate the WHOLE team. Trust me, he helps them on AND off the field. I've seen a lot o Ravens game since moving to PA. We are going to have to go out there and show more heart than them if we want to win. They already have their playoff spot, we better act like we want one too.

talbot
12-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Lewis' best days are behind him, his primary role is to line everyone up on the field (aside from motivating).

DVision
12-22-2012, 01:31 PM
He'll still be on the sidelines. And the fact that they know that they'll have him back for the playoffs will still motivate the WHOLE team. Trust me, he helps them on AND off the field. I've seen a lot o Ravens game since moving to PA. We are going to have to go out there and show more heart than them if we want to win. They already have their playoff spot, we better act like we want one too.

He's been on the sidelines their last 3 games. They've lost them all! Emotional leadership only goes so far!

Die-Hard
12-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Even though he's not nearly what he once was as a football player, he's still bringing it when he's out there, and can still play this game at a high level. I, for one, am relieved that he's probably not going to be out there this week. He has slowed down, but can still move quite well, and is an incredibly smart defender.

G-MENBK
12-22-2012, 04:01 PM
I must admit, I was wrong, and I'm glad that I was wrong.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 04:01 PM

It's being widely reported he probably won't play in the regular season

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/ravens_lewis_won_play_vs_giants_CEASV7SHlQTTEHofbt si1H#axzz2FMPu0ZWJ

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Even though he's not nearly what he once was as a football player, he's still bringing it when he's out there, and can still play this game at a high level. I, for one, am relieved that he's probably not going to be out there this week. He has slowed dagreed. own, but can still move quite well, andban incredibly smart defender.
agreed. I feel a bit better bout this game. Also should help cruz shoj.d to he get his usual alligator arms once a game going across the middle...

DaKraken
12-22-2012, 04:31 PM
No shock there I'm surprised he's even been talked about as having a chance of coming back from that injury.

BillTheGreek
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Ray Lewis is still out- will miss giants game (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?25586-Ray-Lewis-is-still-out-will-miss-giants-game/page2)

YEA !

Good Luck to him !
I hope he rest and plays next year !