PDA

View Full Version : All of a sudden Osi is very apologetic!

nycisgreat
12-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Osi is starting to sing a different tune.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/22/osi-umenyiora-regrets-the-way-he-handled-his-business/

oldschoolGMEN
12-22-2012, 07:21 PM
He realizes the grass is not greener on the other side and does not want to happen to him what happened to Jacobs. These guys need to realize that money is not everything if you do not play and get cut !

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2012, 07:41 PM
He realizes the grass is not greener on the other side and does not want to happen to him what happened to Jacobs. These guys need to realize that money is not everything if you do not play and get cut !

He is not under contract after this season, so no need to cut him . . . he is gonzo

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I think what these guys fail to realize when they handle 'their business' in a negative way is that the end of their contract usually comes at an odd time in their football life. Usually they are at an age where they are declining rapidly and it is difficult to catch on to another team. If a player that is in decline does go to another team, it is usually for a year or two and at a seriously reduced amount of money.

I think he realized that if he doesn't try to mend fences now, he is going to end up at some bottom-feeder team with a reduced earning and it scares the hell out of him.

DownWitJPP
12-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Tuck should be the one let go, he just doesn't have anything left in the tank or desire to play this game IMO and I think Osi may see that as his oppurtunity. We may keep him over Tuck as a situational pass rusher, and draft a all around DE in the draft to replace Tuck. As a pure pass rusher..Osi is better than Tuck

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Tuck should be the one let go, he just doesn't have anything left in the tank or desire to play this game IMO and I think Osi may see that as his oppurtunity. We may keep him over Tuck as a situational pass rusher, and draft a all around DE in the draft to replace Tuck. As a pure pass rusher..Osi is better than Tuck

We have Tuck at $5M next year, which is dirt cheap.

Osi is not under contract for next year.

No way that Tuck is let go and Osi is resigned. Osi is gone next year and Tuck will play out the last year of his deal.

Cloud57
12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
We have Tuck at $5M next year, which is dirt cheap.

Osi is not under contract for next year.

No way that Tuck is let go and Osi is resigned. Osi is gone next year and Tuck will play out the last year of his deal.$5M doesn't seem dirt cheap to me.

DownWitJPP
12-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Doubt it..Tuck's gonna retire man..he doesn't have his heart in the game anymore. Good chance both of them are gone. Why keep Tuck at 5 mil? he's done nothing. Look at the drop off in production the last 2 years. Tuck is the better overall DE between him and Osi when he's healthy and has his heart in the game. But as far as the better pass rusher / game changing DE its clearly Osi. I could see Osi staying as a situational 3rd down pass rusher and the team drafting another DE fairly high to replace Tuck just in case Tracy or Ojomo don't work out

Year / Tackles / Sacks

2012 / 26 / 3
2011 / 26 / 5
2010 / 48 /11.5
2009 / 44 / 6
2008 / 52 / 12

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2012, 04:00 PM
$5M doesn't seem dirt cheap to me.

The top DE's make $12-13M per year. It's all relative.

bearbryant
12-23-2012, 04:11 PM
What do DE's who do very little make?

juice33s
12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
The top DE's make $12-13M per year. It's all relative.
Tuck 2007-2010, it was dirt cheap, Tuck now is overpaid...You could get the same production from a mid round draft choice for a fraction of the cost