PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety has set in...

BklynBlue
12-22-2012, 03:36 PM
I know I am heading towards another sleepless night. I am sure by 5:00 am I will be wide awake with my stomach turning. I could never understand the psychology behind being an NFL football fan that drives one to the point of being sick. I endured this feeling last year at this very time and many times this year.

I am sure to be at my favorite Sunday watering hole by 1:00 pm and get my day started with a shot of Wild Turkey just to take the edge off. Is there anyone else out there that their significant other wants them OUT of the house on game day?

Defense please play in the backfield and Offense control the clock.

GO BLUE!!!

45Jones
12-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Except for the drinking part, I've got it too. My wife just doesn't understand.

BillTheGreek
12-22-2012, 11:56 PM
I know I am heading towards another sleepless night. I am sure by 5:00 am I will be wide awake with my stomach turning. I could never understand the psychology behind being an NFL football fan that drives one to the point of being sick. I endured this feeling last year at this very time and many times this year.

I am sure to be at my favorite Sunday watering hole by 1:00 pm and get my day started with a shot of Wild Turkey just to take the edge off. Is there anyone else out there that their significant other wants them OUT of the house on game day?

GO BLUE!!!

Being a Giant Fan is Like being on a Drug ! If they Win your High for that Week....on the other hand if they Lose, It ruins your whole week ! I could go on and on. Lets hope they Win......Because if they don't, there will be many Giant Fans, who will be depressed, me being one of them !

jomo
12-23-2012, 12:45 AM
We are repeating our routine from last year week 16, local bar with about 100 of our friends. I get it. Hopefully it all comes together tomorrow as it did last year against the Jets.

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 02:05 AM

GO BLUE!!!Eventually you will outgrow it once you figure out that the coaches and the players do not give a rat's *** as long as they have guaranteed money coming in. After all mediocrity is the norm with this team. Once in a while they make a great run and then they shut it off for some reason. You never know which team will show up any given Sunday, so why take years of your life? If you set your expectations low then you only have the occational emotional high. So relax. After all they are always having a great practice.

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 02:06 AM
We are repeating our routine from last year week 16, local bar with about 100 of our friends. I get it. Hopefully it all comes together tomorrow as it did last year against the Jets.I hope you are right, but I am afraid that the Ravens are nothing like the Jets.

miked1958
12-23-2012, 03:13 AM
We are repeating our routine from last year week 16, local bar with about 100 of our friends. I get it. Hopefully it all comes together tomorrow as it did last year against the Jets.burying nomes would also help

miked1958
12-23-2012, 03:17 AM
We are repeating our routine from last year week 16, local bar with about 100 of our friends. I get it. Hopefully it all comes together tomorrow as it did last year against the Jets.hey my Christmas is back up and we made a tremendous run with it up last yr. still had it up for SB and people thought I was crazy to still have it up in feb. but I refused to give in to my wife. Wound up having to take down all the Christmas decorations by myself with no help from my wife she was so disgusted with me. But it was well worth it

EnragedYouth85
12-23-2012, 03:54 AM
I hate working nights! I wish the game was at 1 so I could watch it. 10AM Pacific is only 2 hours after I get off my 12 hour shift and gives me enough time to watch the game and get some sleep for work the next day. Stupid night shifts!

Rat_bastich
12-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Eventually you will outgrow it once you figure out that the coaches and the players do not give a rat's ***

Yep, the Giants' players are sleeping sound and only the fans are having issues.

BillTheGreek
12-23-2012, 06:11 AM
I hate working nights! I wish the game was at 1 so I could watch it. 10AM Pacific is only 2 hours after I get off my 12 hour shift and gives me enough time to watch the game and get some sleep for work the next day. Stupid night shifts!

Call in sick !

Black
12-23-2012, 06:20 AM
I can't sleep..

EnragedYouth85
12-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Call in sick !

lol, military wouldn't appreciate that much..

harrycarson
12-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Eventually you will outgrow it once you figure out that the coaches and the players do not give a rat's *** as long as they have guaranteed money coming in. After all mediocrity is the norm with this team. Once in a while they make a great run and then they shut it off for some reason. You never know which team will show up any given Sunday, so why take years of your life? If you set your expectations low then you only have the occational emotional high. So relax. After all they are always having a great practice.

I am 35 and have been going through this sleepless night thing since age 16....screw outgrowing it....3kids and a wife and still all in.....

BillTheGreek
12-23-2012, 07:05 AM
lol, military wouldn't appreciate that much..

OHhhhhh.............I'm sure, where there is a will, there is a way ! Any how Good Luck.... BTW...........Thanks for your Service !

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/collegefanfare_2241_1104151956 (http://javascript<strong></strong>:makeWin('http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/collegefanfare_2241_1104075434',500,500);)

EnragedYouth85
12-23-2012, 07:41 AM
OHhhhhh.............I'm sure, where there is a will, there is a way ! Any how Good Luck.... BTW...........Thanks for your Service !

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/collegefanfare_2241_1104151956 (http://javascript<strong></strong>:makeWin('http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/collegefanfare_2241_1104075434',500,500);)

lol, thanks man.

BklynBlue
12-23-2012, 07:45 AM
I am 35 and have been going through this sleepless night thing since age 16....screw outgrowing it....3kids and a wife and still all in.....

41 here with three kids, one being an infant. Perhaps this is why she wants me out of the house on game day. She is either affraid the kids will start acting like me or affraid I just may kick one of them. ;)

Stoneroses
12-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I have it in spades.

For 1:00 o clock games it usually starts at 10:00am. I slowly pace around my living room taking deep breaths and exhaling slowly. I'll walk over to a window and look out it stoically. All media off. It's a weird combination of relaxation and anxiety.

My girlfriend thinks I'm a maniac on Sundays. I seriously think the hardest part for her being with me is the Giants losing on Sundays.

stormin normand
12-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah it is funny how being such a fan of such a team can affect you. Some times have a hard time sleeping after a tough loss.