PDA

View Full Version : Antrel Rolle: I will be a 'beast' for the New York Giants (NFL.com)

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 03:28 PM
LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114818/article/antrel-rolle-i-will-be-a-beast-for-the-new-york-giants)

Earlier this month, free safety Antrel Rolle spoke of the New York Giants needing to regain their nasty edge. In Rolle's words, the Giants needed to get their "dog" back.

The inner-canine appeared found after Rolle & Co. ripped the New Orleans Saints in Week 14, but the Giants followed that with an epic stinker against the Atlanta Falcons.

It was an alarming effort by the team, but Rolle remains confident -- or at least quotable -- as the Giants prepared for a potential must-win game against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114818/article/antrel-rolle-i-will-be-a-beast-for-the-new-york-giants)

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Well at least someone is trying to fire this team up.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Let's hope he has company

egyptian420
12-22-2012, 03:42 PM
"I'm going out there to be a beast at all costs," he said. "It doesn't matter the situation we're in, it doesn't matter what's being called. I'm playing all out."

Lol I wonder what he means by "it doesn't matter what's being called"...

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-22-2012, 03:45 PM
LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114818/article/antrel-rolle-i-will-be-a-beast-for-the-new-york-giants)

Earlier this month, free safety Antrel Rolle spoke of the New York Giants needing to regain their nasty edge. In Rolle's words, the Giants needed to get their "dog" back.

The inner-canine appeared found after Rolle & Co. ripped the New Orleans Saints in Week 14, but the Giants followed that with an epic stinker against the Atlanta Falcons.

It was an alarming effort by the team, but Rolle remains confident -- or at least quotable -- as the Giants prepared for a potential must-win game against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114818/article/antrel-rolle-i-will-be-a-beast-for-the-new-york-giants)

no more talk,,just play like you mean it.

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 04:09 PM
no more talk,,just play like you mean it.

To be honest, the only guys that have been both healthy, AND playing like they want to be out there are Rolle on defense and Wilson on offense...

I Bleed Blue
12-22-2012, 04:48 PM
To be honest, the only guys that have been both healthy, AND playing like they want to be out there are Rolle on defense and Wilson on offense...

This season has proven one thing. When this team runs their mouth, all hell breaks loose. SHUT UP OR PUT UP!

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 05:01 PM
To be honest, the only guys that have been both healthy, AND playing like they want to be out there are Rolle on defense and Wilson on offense... I'd add Hynoksi and Beatty

bill2000
12-22-2012, 05:28 PM

I'd add Blackburn too.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-22-2012, 05:29 PM

to be honest it's a team sport,,they win as a team and they lose as a team,,talk is cheap,,enought talk,,lets make some plays on the feild,,now that will speak volumes.

Razur
12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
If Rolle and Bradshaw can get the sidelines fired up, and if Wilson returns BIG like he did against the Saints, the juices will flow. It needs to come early though. They were crazy on the sidelines that day, and it carried onto the field. Let's hope being the butt of the NFL jokes last week will be motivator to come out and dominate, like we know thay can. Go GIANTS!!!!

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 06:12 PM
I agree razur. We absolutely cannot start off slow and have one of our patented scoreless first halfs...itd be awesome if we could score on our opening drive. Also, i almost always prefer to defer til the second half at the coin flip and dislike when tc receives first, but, for this game i think we need to get the ball first and score opening drive. I know this is a strong statement, but our season may depend on our ability to make the first drive a successful one on offense, and a stop on the first defensive series. Otherwise, i could see this teams psyche collapsing

slag
12-22-2012, 07:10 PM
as their own quote goes: " you want to beat the man, you gotta be the man" !

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 07:12 PM
as their own quote goes: " you want to beat the man, you gotta be the man" !

I think it's the other way around...

KidA
12-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I wasn't sure about Rolle's off-field demeanor when we first picked him up, but now I'm glad to have him in the locker room. He seems like a natural leader and you can tell that he wants to win badly.

Sometimes it takes one player showing that they're "all-in" to galvanize the rest of the team into giving it everything they have.

bamf
12-22-2012, 07:21 PM
I'd add Blackburn too.

Who is quickly becoming one of my favorite Giants of all time.

Cool Papa B.
12-22-2012, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Toadofsteel;630224]LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114818/article/antrel-rolle-i-will-be-a-beast-for-the-new-york-giants)

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114818/article/antrel-rolle-i-will-be-a-beast-for-the-new-york-giants)[/QUOTE

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME HEART!!!!!

With Tuck talking about being mentally drained and Osi talking about "regrets" with the way he handled things I was beginning to think this team has checked out.

As LT once said, they have to go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs. Let's Go!!!!! FINISH.

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 09:10 PM
As LT once said, they have to go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs. Let's Go!!!!! FINISH.

At least go out there like crazed dogs this week. Next week don't...Michael Vick will be on the sidelines and we all know how that will turn out.....badum dum...

Roosevelt
12-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't care what anyone says. I like Antrel Rolle. The guy cares more about winning than some of his teammates.

Antwuan
12-22-2012, 09:51 PM
I Love It.

Go Beast Up On The Ravens.

appodictic
12-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Rolle is on point, Bradshaw is on point, cruz is on point, nicks is a warrrior, blackburn is playing his head off. we can give eli a pass for people a cool baby face killer. That is a football team, some of these other guys, these high paid, under producing "mentally tired" "full of regret" are not tough enough for the womens underwear football league.

NewCoachPlz
12-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Just practice what you preach. This guy has the loudest mouth and least amount of play. he stays the healthiest because of his poor tackling. I watched this dude last week miss the freaking week with his poor tacking. Sheesh - over and over and over again.

miked1958
12-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Need Bradshaw like he was weeks back when he was slamming his helmet. Slapping teammates and fighting and yelling at Coughlin

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Well at least someone is trying to fire this team up. While Rolles play may not be worth the money he does give it everything he has and trys to lead.Most of these guys sound like they have quit. These guys that are moping around stick them to the bench, Osi Tuck dont play them. Play the younger guys guarantee they give it everything they have every snap.

JB456
12-23-2012, 09:08 AM
While Rolles play may not be worth the money he does give it everything he has and trys to lead.Most of these guys sound like they have quit. These guys that are moping around stick them to the bench, Osi Tuck dont play them. Play the younger guys guarantee they give it everything they have every snap.

I agree with everything you just said. What happened to holding players responsible? Players need to be benched if they aren't performing and the Giants need an influx of energy. I don't ever in a million years see the coaching staff doing this but I think it would rejuvenate the team.