PDA

View Full Version : DC Pettine Available?

paulj
12-22-2012, 05:42 PM
I wish the Giants could acquire the Jets DC Pettine.
He chose not to resign extension with the Jets. Maybe to seek a HC position?
I would love to have him as our DC instead of PFewell 'Fool'.

He knows how how to make half time adjustments after observing and recognizing what the other team is trying to do.
As bad as the Jets are, he has helped make the Jets defense top ten.
He is more aggressive and I feel gets more effective results with schemes.

nhpgiantsfan
12-22-2012, 06:15 PM
I love it when fans talk about available coaches on the eve of a huge game...

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2012, 06:19 PM
His defense looked great chasing Chris Johnson 94 yards into the end zone the other night . . . .

VBGiantsFan
12-22-2012, 07:28 PM
His defense looked great chasing Chris Johnson 94 yards into the end zone the other night . . . .

Yourr delusional if you dont think hes a much better coordinator than fewell. Look at the Jets d ranking vs giants ranking since fewell has been here. Not even close.

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Yourr delusional if you dont think hes a much better coordinator than fewell. Look at the Jets d ranking vs giants ranking since fewell has been here. Not even close.

Have you actually watched the Jets defense this season?

ny06
12-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Rex Ryan is the one who is making the calls on defense.

Cloud57
12-22-2012, 08:01 PM
The real question is...

is Sparano available?

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 08:06 PM
The defense has not been great this year but its better than the offense has been. Until last week the defense had allowed the 8th fewest points. How is the DC's fault his two star DE's have taken a huge decline this year? We ster has struggled a lot this year. JPP is not beating his one on one match ups.

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 08:09 PM
The defense has not been great this year but its better than the offense has been. Until last week the defense had allowed the 8th fewest points. How is the DC's fault his two star DE's have taken a huge decline this year? We ster has struggled a lot this year. JPP is not beating his one on one match ups.You mean Tuck isn't beating his one on one match ups. Also, just because it's been better than the offense does not mean it deserves a pass.

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 08:19 PM
The real question is...

is Sparano available?

Good lord! I know that is a joke but wouldn't even want the guy in the stands watching the Giants. What Parcells saw in that guy I'll never know.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
You mean Tuck isn't beating his one on one match ups. Also, just because it's been better than the offense does not mean it deserves a pass.No, JPP has not been beating his one on ones an the offense has been setting the defense up to fail. There are no more shut down defense in the NFL. Well maybe one very good defense and the rest mediocre.

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 08:38 PM
No, JPP has not been beating his one on ones an the offense has been setting the defense up to fail. There are no more shut down defense in the NFL. Well maybe one very good defense and the rest mediocre.The defense sets itself up to fail. The offense is mot responsible for blown coverages, guys not beating one on one coverage, lack of pressure and sacks. The offense has its own problems unrelatable to the defense.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 08:44 PM
The defense has not been allowing a lot of points. That's the most important thing. The NFL is offense friendly and the Giants offense likes to kick field goals. The defense absolutely has its problems but would be a lot better if the offense showed up this year.

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 09:03 PM
The defense has not been allowing a lot of points. That's the most important thing. The NFL is offense friendly and the Giants offense likes to kick field goals. The defense absolutely has its problems but would be a lot better if the offense showed up this year.So if the offense stopped kicking field goals..the defense wouldn't give up big plays and stop the run? Lol.

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 09:23 PM
So if the offense stopped kicking field goals..the defense wouldn't give up big plays and stop the run? Lol.

The defense has been very bad recently and has been giving up the big play way to much this year. But at the end of the day both the offense and defense are equally to blame for the Giants struggles this season.

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 09:26 PM
The defense has been very bad recently and has been giving up the big play way to much this year. But at the end of the day both the offense and defense are equally to blame for the Giants struggles this season.That's what I'm saying. Buddy is suggesting that the offensive struggles are contributing to the defensive struggles, and he fails to say why..

Cloud57
12-22-2012, 09:43 PM
That's what I'm saying. Buddy is suggesting that the offensive struggles are contributing to the defensive struggles, and he fails to say why..in a lot of games we had 3 and outs and the defense was worn out, last week's game was a good example

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 09:44 PM
in a lot of games we had 3 and outs and the defense was worn out, last week's game was a good exampleThat's a fair point, but I don't remember a lot of three and outs against the Saints and they were on the verge of making it competitive for a moment.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 09:58 PM
The problem is some do not wanto admit that the offense is a bigger problem because then he blame would fall on their leader. Never said the defense was playing lights out. What defense does in plays NFL? It's he 3 and outs and turnovers that have been hurting the defense as much as some of their players. Last week the offense was an absolute joke. Even when the score was 17 with a little time left before the half hey had a chance to get back in the game because he defense made a stop. Theoffense did absolutely nothing to help. Oh, and 10 of those 17 points where after two interceptions that set the Falcons up deep in Giants territory. Guess that's the defenses fault to right? At that point before the half it was clear the game was over and even he defense knew it. Forget about the final score, at 17 the offense cold do absolutely nothing to help.

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 10:02 PM
The problem is some do not wanto admit that the offense is a bigger problem because then he blame would fall on their leader. Never said the defense was playing lights out. What defense does in plays NFL? It's he 3 and outs and turnovers that have been hurting the defense as much as some of their players. Last week the offense was an absolute joke. Even when the score was 17 with a little time left before the half hey had a chance to get back in the game because he defense made a stop. Theoffense did absolutely nothing to help. Oh, and 10 of those 17 points where after two interceptions that set the Falcons up deep in Giants territory. Guess that's the defenses fault to right? At that point before the half it was clear the game was over and even he defense knew it. Forget about the final score, at 17 the offense cold do absolutely nothing to help.

All anybody is saying is that both sides of the ball deserve blame for where the Giants are right now.

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 10:04 PM
The problem is some do not wanto admit that the offense is a bigger problem because then he blame would fall on their leader. Never said the defense was playing lights out. What defense does in plays NFL? It's he 3 and outs and turnovers that have been hurting the defense as much as some of their players. Last week the offense was an absolute joke. Even when the score was 17 with a little time left before the half hey had a chance to get back in the game because he defense made a stop. Theoffense did absolutely nothing to help. Oh, and 10 of those 17 points where after two interceptions that set the Falcons up deep in Giants territory. Guess that's the defenses fault to right? At that point before the half it was clear the game was over and even he defense knew it. Forget about the final score, at 17 the offense cold do absolutely nothing to help.I'm just saying that one section doesn't take more fault than the other. Both sides have suffered greatly over the course of the season.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 10:05 PM
All anybody is saying is that both sides of the ball deserve blame for where the Giants are right now.Never said he defense was playing great but only that offense was playing worse.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm just saying that one section doesn't take more fault than the other. Both sides have suffered greatly over the course of the season.Lots of teams have very bad defenses and they can rely on their offenses to bail them out and even make hem look good sometimes.

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Never said he defense was playing great but only that offense was playing worse.

There is no point in saying the offense is playing worse when neither unit is nearly well enough to win on a consistent basis.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 10:09 PM
If the offense was playing better and he defense was keeping the points off the board they would be doing better.

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Lots of teams have very bad defenses and they can rely on their offenses to bail them out and even make hem look good sometimes.

And some teams have defenses that are good enough to bail out there offenses. Its a team game you need both units to play well to win right now neither are playing well.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 10:26 PM
And some teams have defenses that are good enough to bail out there offenses. Its a team game you need both units to play well to win right now neither are playing well.Other than the 49ers no team has a truly great defense. Maybe the Texans.

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Other than the 49ers no team has a truly great defense. Maybe the Texans.Seahawks?

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Seahawks?Eh, maybe. They also have a good offense though.

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Eh, maybe. They also have a good offense though.

Seahawks have wins of 14-12 and 16-12.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Seahawks have wins of 14-12 and 16-12.They also just put up over 100 points the la to games. Not all on offense of course.

giantsfan420
12-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Buddy, ur premise is completely illogical for a multitude of reasons. Yeah, the offense has turned the ball over, u keep saying what d is shut down in todays game implying there is none, well what offense doesnt turn the ball over? I know its putting the d in a spot after a to, but to's doesnt automatically give the other team a td...
u say that this yr the offense has been playing worse than the d, ill concede that is accurate for some of the games this year, but ur brushing off the games where the d could not stop anything and the offense has to compensate. Further, id like to point out a correlation i been looking at. In 09, our defense was god awful. The offense and eli on the other hand had solid season. In 2010, after the 09giants defensive failure, eli had 25ints. Last season, eli and the offense were solid during the reg season, but the defense wasnt close to getting the job done. What have we seen from eli this yr? Decision making similar to 2010.
its my contention that eli headed into 2010, and a week or two into this season, feeling he has to do too much. And when ur qb does that, we see play like we have been seeing imo, forcing the issue etc.

U look at things like our d vs o in a vacuum; this season. When what u should be doing is looking at the causes and reasoning. Now dont misconatrue this to me saying offense has been better than the d. Imo, both the o and d have had moments of dominance and of being dominated.

BK07071
12-23-2012, 12:18 AM
The defense has not been great this year but its better than the offense has been. Until last week the defense had allowed the 8th fewest points. How is the DC's fault his two star DE's have taken a huge decline this year? We ster has struggled a lot this year. JPP is not beating his one on one match ups.

The question I have for you is......why are our two premier defensive ends are in a decline this year? Fewell hasn't figured it out yet? So who's fault is it?

Buddy333
12-23-2012, 08:33 AM
The question I have for you is......why are our two premier defensive ends are in a decline this year? Fewell hasn't figured it out yet? So who's fault is it?Who's fault? Don't know for sure. Why would it be on PF? Why are some of th other payers plying well under he same coach?

giantyankee1976
12-23-2012, 09:15 AM

LOL