PDA

View Full Version : Does Victor get it right this week.

Joe Morrison
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Cruzzer has not been on his game in like a month, is this the week he steps up and makes the big plays when we need them, has not been the sure handed in the clutch guy for awhile, know about Grandma, then the floods, then Sandy Hook, it's been mentally tough on everyone, but it's a two game season, need him to be his old self if the GMEN make a run.

DVision
12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Cruz had 8 catches for 121 yards against NO and 5 catches for 104 the previous game. Cruz is not the problem.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Cruzzer has not been on his game in like a month, is this the week he steps up and makes the big plays when we need them, has not been the sure handed in the clutch guy for awhile, know about Grandma, then the floods, then Sandy Hook, it's been mentally tough on everyone, but it's a two game season, need him to be his old self if the GMEN make a run.

He's got over 1,000 yards for the second year in a row, I don't think he's the problem

Flip Empty
12-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Cruz has been the only receiver worth a damn for most of this season

Ruttiger711
12-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Lets see if they attempt to him over the middle.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Lets see if they attempt to him over the middle.

Why wouldn't they?

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Nicks being hurt and no Manningham have hurt him this season but he is still having a decent year.

Ruttiger711
12-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Why wouldn't they?He's been off since he got walloped in the Pitt game and he paid the price last week when he short armed (or quit the route whichever you prefer) and caught the dirty hit anyway. Eli could hesitate throwing to him in that situation or KG himself may also hesitate in calling a play where Cruz is in that spot.... We'll see I guess.

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Nicks being hurt and no Manningham have hurt him this season but he is still having a decent year.

I don't think its Manningham so much or more the fact they seem to have not decided who the #3 is yet. The guys they throw out there have good games but even the players...Eli included...do not have confidence in knowing who the everyday third receiver is.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:44 PM
He's been off since he got walloped in the Pitt game and he paid the price last week when he short armed (or quit the route whichever you prefer) and caught the dirty hit anyway. Eli could hesitate throwing to him in that situation or KG himself may also hesitate in calling a play where Cruz is in that spot.... We'll see I guess.

I'm not sure what "off" means but for the second year in a row he's over 1,000 yards. Does he drop passes, yes, he always has. Like Eli tneds to overthrow. You take the good with the bad as long as the good outweighs the bad.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think its Manningham so much or more the fact they seem to have not decided who the #3 is yet. The guys they throw out there have good games but even the players...Eli included...do not have confidence in knowing who the everyday third receiver is.Manningham was a very good WR when he was here and a true threat. Just an opinion, but losing him hurt.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think its Manningham so much or more the fact they seem to have not decided who the #3 is yet. The guys they throw out there have good games but even the players...Eli included...do not have confidence in knowing who the everyday third receiver is.

Hixon is the # 3 and has been since the season started. He leads all receivers in YPC for the season to date and was the leading receiver last week.

Ruttiger711
12-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure what "off" means but for the second year in a row he's over 1,000 yards. Does he drop passes, yes, he always has. Like Eli tneds to overthrow. You take the good with the bad as long as the good outweighs the bad.Off in the sense that his November/December production is lower than his September production - coinciding with the rest of the offense of course, but in some cases he's the chicken in some he's the egg.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Off in the sense that his November/December production is lower than his September production - coinciding with the rest of the offense of course, but in some cases he's the chicken in some he's the egg.

We'll just have to watch the games

DVision
12-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Hixon is the # 3 and has been since the season started. He leads all receivers in YPC for the season to date and was the leading receiver last week.

I'll never quite get why fans overlook Hixon's contribution. He's quietly having a decent comeback season minus his injury a few weeks back. He's been dependable when on the field and catches about everything thrown his way.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2012, 09:06 PM
I'll never quite get why fans overlook Hixon's contribution. He's quietly having a decent comeback season minus his injury a few weeks back. He's been dependable when on the field and catches about everything thrown his way.

You want the truth, he missed ONE TD pass three years ago against the Eagles. That got him the reputation, here, of a pass dropper. The facts are that he rarely drops targeted passes but that doesn't factor into some people's perceptions. This season he leads all receivers in targeted passes caught. As long as he has Eli's confidence, it doesn't matter what we think.

BrianK01
12-22-2012, 09:34 PM
You want the truth, he missed ONE TD pass three years ago against the Eagles. That got him the reputation, here, of a pass dropper. The facts are that he rarely drops targeted passes but that doesn't factor into some people's perceptions. This season he leads all receivers in targeted passes caught. As long as he has Eli's confidence, it doesn't matter what we think.
That's absurd!!!!!

and dead on. He is very consistent and also makes some great catches but he can't shake that unwarranted rep.

danielboone
12-23-2012, 06:12 AM
He's been off since he got walloped in the Pitt game and he paid the price last week when he short armed (or quit the route whichever you prefer) and caught the dirty hit anyway. Eli could hesitate throwing to him in that situation or KG himself may also hesitate in calling a play where Cruz is in that spot.... We'll see I guess.

Why let facts get in the way? Other posters have pointed out good games Cruz has had after the Pitt game but why not just go on perception without any proof?

What does it mean that he paid the price? You think he would have gotten off without being seriously hurt if he hadn't pulled up? It's crazy that some fans are ripping him for avoiding serious injury which would hurt not only him but the team who would have to do without his services. There is no evidence that this has affected his production. Pass production for the whole team is down.

Some people want to say Cruz is soft and dogging it but he comes back after every hit he takes when he could very easily lay down. That hit you mention is a good example. He could have easily claimed concussion and the league rules are so strict now he would have been on the sidelines for a couple of games. But he was back on the field a couple of plays later as he has always been after some of the big hits he's taken. But why take unnecessary hits? That's just stupid. And if there is something we don't need more of is stupidity on the field.

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Why let facts get in the way? Other posters have pointed out good games Cruz has had after the Pitt game but why not just go on perception without any proof? What does it mean that he paid the price? You think he would have gotten off without being seriously hurt if he hadn't pulled up? It's crazy that some fans are ripping him for avoiding serious injury which would hurt not only him but the team who would have to do without his services. There is no evidence that this has affected his production. Pass production for the whole team is down. Some people want to say Cruz is soft and dogging it but he comes back after every hit he takes when he could very easily lay down. That hit you mention is a good example. He could have easily claimed concussion and the league rules are so strict now he would have been on the sidelines for a couple of games. But he was back on the field a couple of plays later as he has always been after some of the big hits he's taken. But why take unnecessary hits? That's just stupid. And if there is something we don't need more of is stupidity on the field.Well it IS my perception and the facts are that his September was better than these last 2 months combined. Yeah I said he paid the price ANYWAY - completing the route, cutting it short he still got creamed anyway. I'm not even saying he would do it again, just that doing it once may cause hesitation to go to him in that spot again.

TextureDj
12-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Vic is the opposite of the problem. He is the only reciever that has been consistently at full strength this season and is paying the price for it. That price includes those big hits over the middle when secondaries know he is the main threat. Big target on that guy this year, y would cringe too.ou

Joe Morrison
12-23-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm not sure what "off" means but for the second year in a row he's over 1,000 yards. Does he drop passes, yes, he always has. Like Eli tneds to overthrow. You take the good with the bad as long as the good outweighs the bad.
We're not arguing the fact that he has good numbers again this year, it's just that he has had too many drops at the worst time that have not extended the drives or come down with the big gainer, this time of the year drops are not going to cut it.

nycsportzfan
12-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Cruz has been fine this yr, albeit more drops then i'd like to see.. If ELI's on his game, Cruz and Nicks should do there thing.. Its a matter if we get awesome ELI or not so awesome ELI...

Flip Empty
12-23-2012, 09:44 AM
We're not arguing the fact that he has good numbers again this year, it's just that he has had too many drops at the worst time that have not extended the drives or come down with the big gainer, this time of the year drops are not going to cut it.

Fair point. Cruz is #2 in the league for drops (Jimmy Graham is #1), he has 10.

stormblue
12-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Megatron has 13 drops and Welker has 14

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 10:03 AM

And so has every orher receiver. No one catches them all. There is no good time to drop a pass.

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Cruz has been fine this yr, albeit more drops then i'd like to see.. If ELI's on his game, Cruz and Nicks should do there thing.. Its a matter if we get awesome ELI or not so awesome ELI...

If we're talking about drops, the majority of Cruz's drops are lack of concentration on his part... between the numbers in both hands where he's trying to make his upfield move already. Had nothing to with Eli.

Everyone has some downside to them and just TALKING about Cruz's mistakes are not "dogging" him. Yeah its nice that he's got over 1,000 yards AGAIN... but Im sure his own expectations are to do better and he started of this year on fire on pace for 1500 yds or more. He's cooled of significantly and so has the talk about him being able to go to most teams and be a #1.

I Bleed Blue
12-23-2012, 11:33 AM

What in the world are you talking about? Of all the problems this team has, you focus on Cruz? He's been the one of the few bright spots on this messy offense. He's getting all the attention because Nicks is not healthy and he still has over 1000 yards receiving. What more do you want him to do? It's time for the rest of his teammates to step up, including his QB. How about an O line that stinks at run blocking. Sure he's had a few drops. Who hasn't? Talk about reaching.

BeatYale
12-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I guess he thinks because he doesn't have 1500 yards this season he isn't playing well? I don't think any realistic fan would expect Cruz to have similar production from last season considering almost half of his yards came after-the-catch.

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Hopefully he catches a 99 yard TD pass lol

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I guess he thinks because he doesn't have 1500 yards this season he isn't playing well? I don't think any realistic fan would expect Cruz to have similar production from last season considering almost half of his yards came after-the-catch.

If he has 2 100 yard games he'll be a 1,200

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 01:00 PM

No one was expecting it, but the way he started of the year he was ACTUALLY doing it.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 01:16 PM
No one was expecting it, but the way he started of the year he was ACTUALLY doing it.

Let's see what kind of numbers he puts up in the last two games.