PDA

View Full Version : Team Meeting Tonight

lavar2
12-22-2012, 10:08 PM
So apparently something pretty crazy or inspirational happened at the team meeting tonight. A few giants players just tweeted about it and seem pretty excited. Maybe another one of those inspirational speakers came in or they finally realized its time to go. None of them will respond and say what it was about but here are some tweets...

"Don't think I'll ever forget tonight's team meeting. Unreal." -Spencer Paysinger

"I'm so pumped right now." -JPP

"Ol man just touch my heart,he just told me some get stuff" -Also from JPP

Hopefully its one of those meetings that gets them going and they go out and get the W tomorrow. All in!

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Did they all get blackjack chips with the phrase "Double Down" on them?

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 10:12 PM
LET's GO.

Rat_bastich
12-22-2012, 10:13 PM
They should've had this meeting tomorrow just before gametime. Too much time in between now and the game for the message to lose it's meaning.

TopleyBird
12-22-2012, 10:14 PM
I suddenly find myself getting a bit pumped for this game after a week of doubt... make us proud G-Men

DVision
12-22-2012, 10:15 PM
They probably watched a Chuck Knoxx video. :)

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 10:17 PM
They should've had this meeting tomorrow just before gametime. Too much time in between now and the game for the message to lose it's meaning.

Its a matter of routine pregame meetings always happen the night before.

Rudyy
12-22-2012, 10:24 PM
They should've had this meeting tomorrow just before gametime. Too much time in between now and the game for the message to lose it's meaning.They had a meeting the night before the SB too.

lavar2
12-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeap. Before every game the whole team meets in the hotel banquet room then the offense and defense will break off to talk as respective units. Then usually they will do the same for their particular positions. It's always the last minute time to get the team ready to go and to make sure they are prepared as possible. Same thing happens in college.

Roosevelt
12-22-2012, 10:26 PM

Thanks coach.

ryan12
12-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow got me amped

miked1958
12-22-2012, 10:56 PM
It's now or never. It's the jets game all over again

Toadofsteel
12-22-2012, 11:00 PM

Maybe all of them...

appodictic
12-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Tuck was so motivated he recalled that if he can manage to make another super bowl run he can do a few more subway commercials with RG3.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Cool. Maybe they score tomorrow and maybe they get within a foot of the QB. Awesome.

rainierjef
12-22-2012, 11:16 PM
I am sorry to be the pessimist in the group but... SMFHWLMAO

BillTheGreek
12-23-2012, 12:07 AM
It's do or die ! ............When we say all in, we mean ALL IN !

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-23-2012, 12:10 AM
enough with the team meetings already,,just go out there and punch the ravens in the mouth.

510GiantsFan
12-23-2012, 12:14 AM
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-23-2012, 12:16 AM
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it feels like running across a busy street,,,you may or may not get hit.

Rat_bastich
12-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks coach.

Thats what I'm here for. And, your sarcasm is not lost on me.

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 12:24 AM

lmao.

BuffyBlueII
12-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Go Big Blue!

Lets go NY Giants!

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 12:55 AM
My sources are telling me it went like this: "Alright guys, it looks like Tuck will be out tomorrow..."*pause* "YEAHHHHHHHH, YESSSSS, OH MY EFFIN GOD YESSSSSSS!"

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm sorry, Tuck used to be my favorite player in the entire NFL, but he just comes off as so negative now.

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 01:08 AM
They should've had this meeting tomorrow just before gametime. Too much time in between now and the game for the message to lose it's meaning.The whole thing will fizzle come Sunday.

ChuckKnoxx
12-23-2012, 01:47 AM

^

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 01:56 AM
They probably watched a Chuck Knoxx video. :)loool....I was saying earlier after I watched it that I hoped Coughlin would show them that video before the game

miked1958
12-23-2012, 03:05 AM
I was thinking same thing!!!!! Weatherford came in and showed them some chuck knoxx clips!!

miked1958
12-23-2012, 03:23 AM
So apparently something pretty crazy or inspirational happened at the team meeting tonight. A few giants players just tweeted about it and seem pretty excited. Maybe another one of those inspirational speakers came in or they finally realized its time to go. None of them will respond and say what it was about but here are some tweets..."Don't think I'll ever forget tonight's team meeting. Unreal." -Spencer Paysinger"I'm so pumped right now." -JPP"Ol man just touch my heart,he just told me some get stuff" -Also from JPPHopefully its one of those meetings that gets them going and they go out and get the W tomorrow. All in!wait, I figured it out. They all must of heard my Christmas Tree is back up!! LolLast year it went up and stayed up throughout the whole six game run into feb. I refused to take it down much to the displeasure and disgust of my wife who had to be embarrassed when people came over and she had to try and explain why the heck a Christmas tree was still up in Feb.

After the SB win she refused to help me put any of the Christmas Decorations away but it was well with IMO.

And I'll do it again for the cause this year guys! I'm ALL IN!!!!

510GiantsFan
12-23-2012, 03:49 AM
wait, I figured it out. They all must of heard my Christmas Tree is back up!! LolLast year it went up and stayed up throughout the whole six game run into feb. I refused to take it down much to the displeasure and disgust of my wife who had to be embarrassed when people came over and she had to try and explain why the heck a Christmas tree was still up in Feb.

After the SB win she refused to help me put any of the Christmas Decorations away but it was well with IMO.

And I'll do it again for the cause this year guys! I'm ALL IN!!!!

Nice!

now if we can only find that garden gnome.....

EnragedYouth85
12-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Lets hope they take this to the heart and show some heart when they play! I want to see a motivated team out there!

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I really hope emotions flared at this team meeting....I don't care if Coughlin had to show them that same video of the poor girl collapsing and crawling over the finish line or if he had to give them ecstasy and let them express their feelings and admit their mistakes.....Just come out there with some emotion and intensity today for the love of God!!!

ALL IN!!

TheAnalyst
12-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Coughlin is the king of this type of stuff. Lets hope it works.

Breezely
12-23-2012, 11:10 AM
They heard about the gnome????????

FlyingTruck
12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
It's a little pathetic how many team meetings and "inspirational" speakers we have to have each year.

lavar2
12-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Either way here are two more from this morning..

"When a defining moment comes along, either you define the moment or the moment defines you.. let's go...." -Marty Bennett

"Legacy" -Spencer Paysinger

They seem motivated and ready to go. We'll see if they come out and show it on the field.

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
It's a little pathetic how many team meetings and "inspirational" speakers we have to have each year.When it worked last year and we went on an unstoppable rampage, it wasn't so pathetic. I don't mind if we do this every year if it works.

FlyingTruck
12-23-2012, 11:53 AM
When it worked last year and we went on an unstoppable rampage, it wasn't so pathetic. I don't mind if we do this every year if it works.My problem is that the fact that we constantly have our backs against the wall should be enough motivation. The fact that our playoff hopes are always hanging by a fine thread should be enough motivation. That fact that they get paid millions to play this game should be enough motivation. I understand the whole emotional benefit to a good speech, but come on. Wanting to make the playoffs should be enough motivation in my opinion.

Out of Exile
12-23-2012, 12:01 PM
My problem is that the fact that we constantly have our backs against the wall should be enough motivation. The fact that our playoff hopes are always hanging by a fine thread should be enough motivation. That fact that they get paid millions to play this game should be enough motivation. I understand the whole emotional benefit to a good speech, but come on. Wanting to make the playoffs should be enough motivation in my opinion.

Whatever makes us win, I don't give a shat. We had inspirational people talk to this team in 2007 and 2011. If we were to win it all again would you really keep complaining?

FlyingTruck
12-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Whatever makes us win, I don't give a shat. We had inspirational people talk to this team in 2007 and 2011. If we were to win it all again would you really keep complaining?I'm not complaining. If it works it works. I already said that. Chances of us winning it all though? Much lower than the last two times.

Out of Exile
12-23-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm not complaining. If it works it works. I already said that. Chances of us winning it all though? Much lower than the last two times.

True, but I would not have guessed they would have won last year. I think if we make a statement and get into the playoffs then we can run the tables.

byron
12-23-2012, 02:13 PM
My problem is that the fact that we constantly have our backs against the wall should be enough motivation. The fact that our playoff hopes are always hanging by a fine thread should be enough motivation. That fact that they get paid millions to play this game should be enough motivation. I understand the whole emotional benefit to a good speech, but come on. Wanting to make the playoffs should be enough motivation in my opinion. yeah and fact that they have to bring someone in to motavate these players is very telling to me

Out of Exile
12-23-2012, 03:07 PM
yeah and fact that they have to bring someone in to motavate these players is very telling to me

You don't say?

gmen46
12-23-2012, 03:12 PM

Not everyone suffers from ADD or ADHD, you know.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Not everyone suffers from ADD or ADHD, you know.

Well with all the adderall cases cropping up, you never know...

gmen46
12-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm not complaining. If it works it works. I already said that. Chances of us winning it all though? Much lower than the last two times.

Lower than when we were double digit under dogs facing an 18-0 team? Seriously??

gmen46
12-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Well with all the adderall cases cropping up, you never know...

Point taken. Ok, I'll exclude Sash, Brown (who's out anyway) and Hill from my statement. :)

mikeq6722
12-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Getting annoying that this team needs special speakers to come in and motivate them every year.

Out of Exile
12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Getting annoying that this team needs special speakers to come in and motivate them every year.

LOL. If the players draw from it, and we have TWICE, then by all means.

You would think this team hasn't won 2 Superbowl's in the last 5 years.

Cool Papa B.
12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Guys, lots of teams bring in speakers throughout the year to give the team extra inspiration. This isn't uncommon at all. At this stage of the season it's "All In" and whatever it takes to win.

mikeq6722
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM
LOL. If the players draw from it, and we have TWICE, then by all means.

You would think this team hasn't won 2 Superbowl's in the last 5 years.

That has nothing to do with it. Youd think the people the Giants pay to coach and motivate the team could maybe actually motivate them. But its ok, they are mentally drained from making millions of dollars, must be really stressful.

Cool Papa B.
12-23-2012, 04:41 PM
That has nothing to do with it. Youd think the people the Giants pay to coach and motivate the team could maybe actually motivate them. But its ok, they are mentally drained from making millions of dollars, must be really stressful.

It's not uncommon to bring in someone outside of the organization to inpire/motivate the team.

Down-lifer
12-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe Chuck Norris came in and round house kicked them back to being motivated!

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
That has nothing to do with it. Youd think the people the Giants pay to coach and motivate the team could maybe actually motivate them. But its ok, they are mentally drained from making millions of dollars, must be really stressful.I am wondering what role the coaching staff plays in motivating the players. Oh wait... judging by how many 2nd half collapses we had under Coughlin and how crappy this team plays most of the time, I tend to think the coaching staff cannot motivate a monkey even with bananas.

ebick
12-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Looks like this meeting really got them going....