PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs ravens superbowl XXXV 2000 season

Marvelousmik
12-22-2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ch6CLuRpUno#!

Ill be honest. i cant remember exactly how the whole game played out, but going back and watching the first few drives of this game kinda makes me happy that we have Eli. Hopefully he and the giants dont let me down this sunday.

Go giants

Cloud57
12-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Didn't even watch that SB but I know Ray Lewis was the MVP

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Watching that just reminds me just how overrated Sehorn was. And how long it took Collins to release the ball.

GentleGiant
12-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Why did this have to a blowout? I know it was the 2000 ravens but uuhhhhhhhhhh. When I look at the giants roster I see stars.

This is why I can't stand it when people hate on Eli.

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Why did this have to a blowout? I know it was the 2000 ravens but uuhhhhhhhhhh. When I look at the giants roster I see stars.

This is why I can't stand it when people hate on Eli.

I really think that team greatly overachieved defensively. With the exception of Strahan, Armstead and Hamilton they were pretty average especially in the secondary.

GentleGiant
12-22-2012, 11:00 PM
I really think that team greatly overachieved defensively. With the exception of Strahan, Armstead and Hamilton they were pretty average especially in the secondary.

I know but it's not like the offense was game managing. Tiki Barber, Amani toomer, etc.

ozzie0075
12-22-2012, 11:05 PM
I know but it's not like the offense was game managing. Tiki Barber, Amani toomer, etc.

The other issue is the Giants O-line was completely outclassed by the Ravens and the Wrs couldn't get any separation.

Buddy333
12-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Don't forget they where going against the greatest defense ever. They made lots of offenses look bad.

Roosevelt
12-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Brad Maynard sucked.

Give me Matt Dodge.

Kez Simpson
12-22-2012, 11:58 PM
That BS holding call on Keith Hamilton, barely touched Jamal Lewis and they called holding. If we got that interception pick 6, we are looking a totally different ball game.

Kez Simpson
12-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Heck I re-looked that play, it looked like Keith Hamilton was being held, lmao refs.

ozzie0075
12-23-2012, 12:00 AM
That BS holding call on Keith Hamilton, barely touched Jamal Lewis and they called holding. If we got that interception pick 6, we are looking a totally different ball game.

That and allowing a KOR TD right after Dixon's.

Roosevelt
12-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Watching that just reminds me just how overrated Sehorn was. And how long it took Collins to release the ball.

I guess you missed Simms pointing out that Sehorn was expecting inside coverage on that 1st TD?

ozzie0075
12-23-2012, 12:04 AM
I guess you missed Simms pointing out that Sehorn was expecting inside coverage on that 1st TD?

I wasn't talking about that play I was talking in general. After the injury on the KOR in the preseason the guy was mediocre at best.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 12:04 AM
That and allowing a KOR TD right after Dixon's.

It was gut-wrenching. I wonder what happen to Collins? He played lights-outs against the Vikings Vanilla Defense. Our Defense shut down Randy Moss and Chris Carter, but couldn't stop Dilfer...Stokley?? Head scratching stuff.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 12:06 AM

He got beat several times in that game, Dilfer miss a couple of wide open receivers. The score could have been a lot worse.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 12:07 AM
I wasn't talking about that play I was talking in general. After the injury on the KOR in the preseason the guy was mediocre at best.

Who's bonehead decision was it to put your starting Corner on KOR in the preseason?

BuffyBlueII
12-23-2012, 12:27 AM

Jason Sehorn never quite got all his quickness back after the knee injury against NY Jets in 1998 preseason game.

Rat_bastich
12-23-2012, 12:31 AM
He got beat several times in that game, Dilfer miss a couple of wide open receivers. The score could have been a lot worse.

When we went into this game I thought even though the Ravens' defense was as tough as it was we could still take this. Dilfer was a manager and not a gunslinger type of quarterback. But the minute he hit Stokely for that long bomb it seemed the air just left the building. Collins was off rhythm almost all night.

Rat_bastich
12-23-2012, 12:32 AM

Now you've gone and done it. Harooni understands if you pick on Tiki, but you just attacked his first mancrush.

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 01:44 AM
That BS holding call on Keith Hamilton, barely touched Jamal Lewis and they called holding. If we got that interception pick 6, we are looking a totally different ball game.Exactly! That turned the whole game around since the Giants knew they would have tho fight the refs too. However, the Ravens D was much faster than the Giants O line and Fassel the "fossil" was calling the offensive plays at that time and we know the result.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Exactly! That turned the whole game around since the Giants knew they would have tho fight the refs too. However, the Ravens D was much faster than the Giants O line and Fassel the "fossil" was calling the offensive plays at that time and we know the result.
It seem the ref didn't throw the flag until the pass was intercepted...and Phil was justifying this non-existent hold.
I thought Sean Payton was calling the plays? Anyway, they could have adjusted the gameplan to include some screens to counteract the pass rush.

Mlerman17
12-23-2012, 02:42 AM
It was a bad game :(

miked1958
12-23-2012, 02:48 AM
It was gut-wrenching. I wonder what happen to Collins? He played lights-outs against the Vikings Vanilla Defense. Our Defense shut down Randy Moss and Chris Carter, but couldn't stop Dilfer...Stokley?? Head scratching stuff.yea and that raven offense was one of the worst in SB History

miked1958
12-23-2012, 02:52 AM
Watching that just reminds me just how overrated Sehorn was. And how long it took Collins to release the ball.yea but that seahorn pick vs eagle s in playoffs will live in infamy

http://search.yahoo.com/tablet/s?ei=UTF-8&p=jason+seahorn+pick+vs+eagles&fr=ipad