PDA

View Full Version : How desperate part 2 ( a plea to mods & rules)

SweetJebus
03-13-2009, 02:29 AM
I understand why the Giants organization wouldn't want to have this kind of discussion happening on thier message boards. I was around before "current events" was removed. It's sad though, that people who feel like being a "Giants fan" is thier "clique" per se, can't relate to each other about thier hardships in a forum in which they feel accepted. </P>

These kind of discussions are best had with friends. While we all don't agree on everything, we all root for the Giants on Sunday's. That may be the reason things have become so heated in the past. As fake and anonymous as it is, we all (mostly anyway), have that one thing in common.</P>

</P>

[B] to a Giants win!!</P>

</P>

A basically anonymous message board, may be amore constructiveplace to vent frustrations about such things, when it's such a taboo subject in many arenas.</P>

</P>

Danimal.</P>

</P>

P.S.- You can ban me if you want. I just made a new account after 3-4 years anyway. (Jebusthewise)</P>

</P>

edit-Just read the "current events" rules. The Danimal does not abide apparently. Suspend me. I'm bored with Giants news anyway, which prompted me to check out the other forums. I can still read JG's articles.</P>

Pierce4Pres
03-13-2009, 04:06 AM
What's odd is that when I saw the post the other day where one forum goer commented extensively on what I orginally posted I tried to read the rules and could not. I'm not sure why, but the page came coming up as an error. Anyway I don't really get it for the most part. I realize that every individual forum has their rules and if people don't like them, they can leave. I get it. It's not my forum, bottom line. I'm not sure WHY such conversation would be suppressed though as they harm no one. Interesting that the law itself states that for someone to be convicted of a crime, Corpus dilicti has to be established. </P>

Corpus dilicti. There are two elements:</P>

1)The fact of injury.</P>

2)Loss, or harm.</P>

Now, this isn't a govt agency, it's a private forum. But come on. Seriously now. I don't get it. I've even queried this to a Mod and so far still have had no response. </P>

Mod_M
03-13-2009, 09:39 AM
* I understand why the Giants organization wouldn't want to have this kind of discussion happening on thier message boards.* I was around before "current events" was removed.* It's sad though, that people who feel like being a "Giants fan" is thier "clique" per se, can't relate to each other about thier hardships in a forum in which they feel accepted.* </P>

* These kind of discussions are best had with friends.* While we all don't agree on everything, we all root for the Giants on Sunday's.* That may be the reason things have become so heated in the past.* As fake and anonymous as it is, we all (mostly anyway), have that one thing in common.</P>

*</P>

[B] to a Giants win!!</P>

*</P>

*A basically anonymous message board, may be a*more constructive*place to vent frustrations about such things, when it's such a taboo subject in many arenas.</P>

*</P>

Danimal.</P>

*</P>

P.S.-* You can ban me if you want.* I just made a new account after 3-4 years anyway.* (Jebusthewise)</P>

*</P>

edit-Just read the "current events" rules.* The Danimal does not abide apparently.* Suspend me.* I'm bored with Giants news anyway, which prompted me to check out the other forums.* I can still read JG's articles.</P>

I do agree to a certain extent and understand what you are saying. Personally I waste enough time of my life on here that I hold more in depth conversations than I do with my wife so conversing with others that you always get along with on multiple subjects would be a cool thing, but it just can't happen.

Let me just throw a couple of examples at you.

ELI MANNING - think of all the debate, bans, and emotion that gets put into that argument. What would happen if a thread popped up: GEORGE BUSH IS BETTER THAN BILL CLINTON (Ben is better than Eli), it would get ugly. Unfortunately, theres no way it can work around here.

And yes I know this is an anonymos place where people should be able to vent, but do you go to churchofgod.com and talk Giants football there? Do you catch my drift?

Personally I wish it could work talking religious philosophies and government issues but it would just be mayhem. When Obama was elected some threads were left out and it just got so ugly so quick.

Entertainment, video games, sports, and Giants football aren't on the same level of religion and politics, i don't care how big of a Giants fan you are. It just wouldn't work.