PDA

View Full Version : Matt Ryan just went no huddle on 2nd and 8 2nd Q... our offense is pathetic... >:(

NYG4lifeNYK
12-22-2012, 11:12 PM
How the hell is some little punk like Matt Ryan allowed to go no huddle but our seasoned vet Super Bowl MVP QB isn't?

Who the hell is Kevin Gilbride to tell Eli what he can and cannot do? So ridiculous. Makes me SO frustrated

THAT'S what's wrong with our offense... our QB has no freedom to run it how he wants despite what the naysayers claim.

GentleGiant
12-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Eli should be MVP just for somehow looking great despite these calls.

jax5338
12-22-2012, 11:14 PM
was thinking the same thing. all the big time QBs are doing it now and benefitting from it. why the giants dont at least try it boggles my mind. defenses are so off balanced with their substitutions and alignments.

eli and this offense could certainly handle it. theyve proven it with their 2 minute drils.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Not being allowed to run the no huddle is only a small part of the problem.

I'm sorry when I saw that I just lost it.....

Kez Simpson
12-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Gilbride's offense is the problem, when its on its unstoppable, when its isn't you have a Bengals and Falcons game.

moosedrool
12-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Let me get this straight. We win a super bowl with Gilbride, and the next year he forgets how to be a good OC. Brilliant!

Look. Since you don't get it, let me help you. The players are not the same. The OC is. Nicks is not close to the player he was a year ago. Manningham a legitimate deep threat is gone. Bradshaw's pass protection is missing, and even when he plays he has 900 NFL carries and it shows.

On defense, Tuck is done, JPP's back injury is clearly affecting his pass rush, Osi is 31, Boley is 30. I guess that is the DC's fault.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Let me get this straight. We win a super bowl with Gilbride, and the next year he forgets how to be a good OC. Brilliant!

Look. Since you don't get it, let me help you. The players are not the same. The OC is. Nicks is not close to the player he was a year ago. Manningham a legitimate deep threat is gone. Bradshaw's pass protection is missing, and even when he plays he has 900 NFL carries and it shows.

On defense, Tuck is done, JPP's back injury is clearly affecting his pass rush, Osi is 31, Boley is 30. I guess that is the DC's fault.

Our O was inconsistent last year, we had no running game. It was basically the Eli Manning show. Fast-forward to this year when Eli isn't playing as well and this is the result. Gilbride scheme seems to be one of finesse, when we get punched in the mouth it doesn't work.

Our Defense problem has been the big-play.

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Do we have the worst offense in the NFC East? I don't know but the Cowboys and Redskins look explosive right now, the Eagles would be too if they had a good QB.

I'd be surprise if we win the division next year.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 12:29 AM

Gilbride has been carried by superior talent his entire career here. His ineptness is masked by talent plain and simple.

He's not a terrible OC but he's not even close to one of the best.

Fewell the same thing. Just as incompetent as Gilbride. Fewell can call a genius scheme some games but the problem is it only happens about 4-5 games a season and the other games you're left wondering what the hell, really?

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Gilbride has been carried by superior talent his entire career here. His ineptness is masked by talent plain and simple.

He's not a terrible OC but he's not even close to one of the best.

Fewell the same thing. Just as incompetent as Gilbride. Fewell can call a genius scheme some games but the problem is it only happens about 4-5 games a season and the other games you're left wondering what the hell, really?That's what you get when your HC is a bystander and does nothing. However, having said that, I understand that they had a great practice. Oh well,,,,,

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 01:19 AM
That's what you get when your HC is a bystander and does nothing. However, having said that, I understand that they had a great practice. Oh well,,,,,I agree with this TC is a good coach but now he has become just a bystander.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 02:35 AM
That's what you get when your HC is a bystander and does nothing. However, having said that, I understand that they had a great practice. Oh well,,,,,

He's not a bystander, they have their coach meeting. They present a gameplan on both sides of the ball, he approves it, puts his input. He delegates his intent to his assistants. Isn't that what a Head Coach suppose to do?

M00KIE
12-23-2012, 06:57 AM
"Gilbride has been carried by superior talent his entire career here. His ineptness is masked by talent plain and simple."

Don't take this personally, but that's one of the most idiotic statements I've seen in awhile. You guys are waaay too fickle. If the offense drops a 50 spot on the Ravens you'll be on here stroking KG like a lapdog.

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 09:16 AM
I agree with this TC is a good coach but now he has become just a bystander.When did they start giving away passes to the coaches meeting?

GameTime
12-23-2012, 09:23 AM
plenty of blame to go around for the Giants' poor play this season. Players, coaches.....they all are included.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 09:32 AM
"Gilbride has been carried by superior talent his entire career here. His ineptness is masked by talent plain and simple."

Don't take this personally, but that's one of the most idiotic statements I've seen in awhile. You guys are waaay too fickle. If the offense drops a 50 spot on the Ravens you'll be on here stroking KG like a lapdog.

No, i'd be stroking PF, because getting a 50 burger on this team means our defense got a crapton of turnovers... Also, Wilson, for giving us great field position and maybe returing a kick to the house again, despite the fact that Killdrive doesn't want him in the backfield on offense for whatever reason...

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 10:21 AM
plenty of blame to go around for the Giants' poor play this season. Players, coaches.....they all are included.I agree, it's not one guy or one thing. Some of these problems have existed since last year but in the playoffs we were able to overcome them.

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 01:06 PM

Yea, all the arm chair OC's here know NFL offensive strategy better than Gilbride.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Yea, all the arm chair OC's here know NFL offensive strategy better than Gilbride.

They don't, but most of them gripe when we take a shot down field on 3 and 1 or run a draw/delay out of a shotgun, which happens to be one of the only runs you can do from the formation.

As I said earlier, this offense can move the ball downfield. In the redzone, we lack a threat on the fade with Nick injured, we should try running that play to Randle.

brad
12-23-2012, 01:15 PM

Agreed, saying that KG is inept or that he has only won because of the talent on the team is a ridiculous statement... and I am not a big fan of KG. It isn't that I don't respect him, it's that I don't like the style of offense that he uses. He is a brilliant coach, but uses an offense that can be manipulated by the defense. If the receivers are always running routes based on what they perceive the defense is doing, it is easier for the defense to trick the receivers and QB into routes that they want them to run. I am not an offensive genius like KG, but that is my opinion.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Agreed, saying that KG is inept or that he has only won because of the talent on the team is a ridiculous statement... and I am not a big fan of KG. It isn't that I don't respect him, it's that I don't like the style of offense that he uses. He is a brilliant coach, but uses an offense that can be manipulated by the defense. If the receivers are always running routes based on what they perceive the defense is doing, it is easier for the defense to trick the receivers and QB into routes that they want them to run. I am not an offensive genius like KG, but that is my opinion.

Exactly, Cornerbacks are allowed to play like a FS and take chances. However, some of fault goes to the receiver, they gotta be able to full the defense if they are cheating. This offense forces the receiver to play like a QB, they gotta do better. Notice, both those Ints las week
were on Nicks, who I believe should have went after the ball instead of watching it get picked.