PDA

View Full Version : Thought this was interesting. Mark Walberg, lol

miked1958
12-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Not sure if this was posted prior. didnt see it. if so Mods please delete or move to similar thread.

Talks about how he went nuts when giants beat his Patriots again in SB 46. Bottom of the Story made me laugh when it said Mark talked to Brady who really thinks they will win it this year. It went on to day imagine if the giants were somehow able to make it back and beat them for a third time. Lol

Link......

http://www.giants101.com/2012/07/02/mark-wahlberg-banned-from-watching-football-at-home-following-super-bowl-xlvi-meltdown/

EnragedYouth85
12-23-2012, 10:45 AM
That would make up for all the **** the Yankees are leaving on the field the last 4 - 5 years..

appodictic
12-23-2012, 10:51 AM
With the cook cutter conference full of lamo tebow failures and sub 500 teams they should make it every year, they can rest everyone at any time they want. I mean brady is great and all but what does he have like 4 picks. come on man. If that does not say "I do not have competition" I do not know what does. Its just that the AFC is soo weak especially on the defence they always get to look so great. Then we just show them decent competition and their house of cards falls. This year denver takes them out easy, but the pats fans out of their misery before the super bowl.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Isn't Marky Mark an Eagles fan?

FBomb
12-23-2012, 11:01 AM
also......how the **** does he keep getting acting jobs? The same goes for Nicholas Cage......Steven Segal laughs at their acting abilities!!

miked1958
12-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Isn't Marky Mark an Eagles fan?no I thought so as well, but it was just a roll he played. He took on the lead role for the movie "Invicible" where he played a regular guy from Philly that tried out for the eagles as a walk on and made it. Played with them for quite awhile. True story I originally thought he grew up in Philly and was an eagles fan

ShakeandBake
12-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Wahlberg is a ****** and can not act

fizzlesticks
12-23-2012, 11:08 AM
He also wore an Eagles coat in Shooter, coincidence? I think not.

GameTime
12-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Wahlberg is acool guy, a great Dad, and does alot of charity work. He was born and raised in Boston.
I dig most of his movies too. Steven Segal laughs at his acting abilities....I think not....

GameTime
12-23-2012, 11:33 AM
He also wore an Eagles coat in Shooter, coincidence? I think not.
the city of Philly plays a big part in the movie

FBomb
12-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Wahlberg is acool guy, a great Dad, and does alot of charity work. He was born and raised in Boston.
I dig most of his movies too. Steven Segal laughs at his acting abilities....I think not....

All of which have nothing to do with his lack of acting ability.....obviously the Steven Seagal comment was for comedic effect....."Lighten up, Francis."

Giantz4Life
12-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Wahlberg is a ****** and can not act

I have met him before...super nice guy. Why so hostile? He's no Marlon Brando, but he plays his roles well.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 12:24 PM
I have met him before...super nice guy. Why so hostile? He's no Marlon Brando, but he plays his roles well.

Not sure about why so hostile.....but I have NEVER walked away from a Mark Wahlberg movie thinking he "plays his roles well".

BeatYale
12-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Thought this was old news. They made a big deal out of it over the summer.

penguinfarmer
12-23-2012, 12:50 PM
At least Marky beat Keanu Reeves in an act off.

ShakeandBake
12-23-2012, 12:56 PM

I don't like his toughguy act outside of the movies and I didn't like what he said about 9/11, and the guy can not act.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 12:58 PM
At least Marky beat Keanu Reeves in an act off.

Wait....Keanu is an "actor"? Who knew?

juice33s
12-23-2012, 12:58 PM
also......how the **** does he keep getting acting jobs? The same goes for Nicholas Cage......Steven Segal laughs at their acting abilities!!
Because his movies are Awesome! Boogie nights, Fear, Rockstar (You know you love that one), Invincible, The departed, Shooter, The fighter, The other guys, Ted....The guy can do it all from Comedy to Drama...Personally I can't wait for his new body building flick "Pain and Gain" which will be another instant classic

Also, how can you hate on Nic Cage, the guy that brought us the Rock, Con Air and Leaving Las Vegas

FBomb
12-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Because his movies are Awesome! Boogie nights, Fear, Rockstar (You know you love that one), Invincible, The departed, Shooter, The fighter, The other guys, Ted....The guy can do it all from Comedy to Drama...Personally I can't wait for his new body building flick "Pain and Gain" which will be another instant classic

Also, how can you hate on Nic Cage, the guy that brought us the Rock, Con Air and Leaving Las Vegas

Was able to look past his bad acting in The Fighter.... the ONLY "awesome" movie you mentioned...... because of Christian Bale's performance.....not his. Everything else you mentioned was mediocre to bad.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic about those Cage movies...ick.

juice33s
12-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Was able to look past his bad acting in The Fighter.... the ONLY "awesome" movie you mentioned...... because of Christian Bale's performance.....not his. Everything else you mentioned was mediocre to bad.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic about those Cage movies...ick.
You don't like the Rock or Con Air? Come on those are true Man Movie Classics

FBomb
12-23-2012, 01:11 PM

lol.......Nicholas Cage and Ray Liotta in one movie = Film magic.

Oh wait....you mean they weren't in the same horrible airplane movie?

rainierjef
12-23-2012, 01:16 PM
F-bomb you need to go watch TED if you haven't already. I think that's your type of movie, you will like it.
If the giants were to play the Pats in the superbowl, and win. Man i think martial law would have to be imposed on that city, it will get crazy up there.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 01:19 PM
F-bomb you need to go watch TED if you haven't already. I think that's your type of movie, you will like it.
If the giants were to play the Pats in the superbowl, and win. Man i think martial law would have to be imposed on that city, it will get crazy up there.

Just saw it......ruined by Marky Mark. Seth MacFarland is a comedic genius and STILL could not overcome his bad acting. I was really looking forward to it too.

juice33s
12-23-2012, 01:19 PM
lol.......Nicholas Cage and Ray Liotta in one movie = Film magic.

Oh wait....you mean they weren't in the same horrible airplane movie?
For my money the worst big time actor has to be Brad Pitt...Have you ever seen "Cutting Class"?...Its hilarious....But with that said his movies are awesome too

FBomb
12-23-2012, 01:22 PM
For my money the worst big time actor has to be Brad Pitt...Have you ever seen "Cutting Class"?...Its hilarious....But with that said his movies are awesome too

I like the "Oceans" movies, but each one could have done without Pitt.

LOVE the concept of the National Treasure movies, but Cage is unbearable.

juice33s
12-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I like the "Oceans" movies, but each one could have done without Pitt.

LOVE the concept of the National Treasure movies, but Cage is unbearable.
Just out of curiosity who do you think are good actors?
My best list has to be:
Daniel Day Lewis- Named my first dog after "Hawkeye" from Last of the Mohicans
Christian Bale- Patrick Bateman, nuff said
Phillip Seymour Hoffman- From Scotty in boogie nights to Lancaster todd in the Master, nobody has more range

FBomb
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Just out of curiosity who do you think are good actors?
My best list has to be:
Daniel Day Lewis- Named my first dog after "Hawkeye" from Last of the Mohicans
Christian Bale- Patrick Bateman, nuff said
Phillip Seymour Hoffman- From Scotty in boogie nights to Lancaster todd in the Master, nobody has more range

All are great choices as long as you can ignore the Batman role......but how far back are we talking? Pacino, Duvall, De Niro, Brando....those are the classic great actors that are nearly untouchable...

Gene Hackman, Paul Giamatti, Richard Dreyfuss, Denzel, Jude Law........

I like a lot of actors, it's easier just to list the bad ones.

juice33s
12-23-2012, 01:56 PM
All are great choices as long as you can ignore the Batman role......but how far back are we talking? Pacino, Duvall, De Niro, Brando....those are the classic great actors that are nearly untouchable...

Yeah I was more referencing current guys, but ofcourse Deniro is wayyy up there....Have you seen his new movie in Silver Linings playbook? He plays an obsessive cumpulsive Eagles fan....Great, great movie and I strongly reccomend it

FBomb
12-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah I was more referencing current guys, but ofcourse Deniro is wayyy up there....Have you seen his new movie in Silver Linings playbook? He plays an obsessive cumpulsive Eagles fan....Great, great movie and I strongly reccomend it

Am looking forward to it......I actually like Bradley Cooper as an actor too.....although he's had some TERRIBLE roles.

gmen46
12-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Isn't Marky Mark an Eagles fan?

YES!!

Just like he's a cop.
Just like he's a pro boxer.
Just like he has a 20" schlong.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 02:26 PM
YES!!

Just like he's a cop.
Just like he's a pro boxer.
Just like he has a 20" schlong.

lol

gmen46
12-23-2012, 02:31 PM

"Put the bunnah....in the box". Classic movie line. Right up there with "You can't handle the Truth!" and "Are you trying to seduce me, Mrs. Robinson?" :cool:

gmen46
12-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Good choices. I would say Ryan Gosling has been developing into a top notch actor who is unafraid to take on any role, especially in independent movies. DiCaprio has evolved from his "King of the World!" days into the A list, thanks in large part to Scorsese enabling him to grow. I dismissed him as a serious actor when he began his career, but now he's the real deal.

Can't ignore Johnny Depp. Usually, I'm put off by "pretty boy" actors, But Depp overcame that bias for me nearly 20 years ago, and seldom fails to deliver.

Someone here mentioned Philip Seymore Hoffman. I know he doesn't have the looks of young Olivier, but in my opinion he's become the modern, American, equal to Lawrence Olivier. The range of his roles has been incredible, even indescribable. I mean, just a small sample of his work tells a lot about his talent...Boogy Nights, Flawless, Charlie Wilson's War, Pirate Radio, Capote, Doubt, MI:III villain, Moneyball. I mean, Jesus.